[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AltspaceVR DnD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: altspacednd.png (1MB, 1344x960px) Image search: [Google]
altspacednd.png
1MB, 1344x960px
Has anyone tried this before? I'm sure it's not that popular given the fact that you need a 800 dollar VR head set to even try to play it.

Is it any good? How about the community?
>>
Looks terrifying, desu
>>
Steam gives it pretty good reviews for whatever that's worth. Guess I'll have to wait a bit for the price of VR headsets to come down to a reasonable level.
>>
>>49871245

This is kind of scaring and arousing me at the same time.

Future is coming, gentlemen.
>>
>>49871245

> that one guy who insist on skinning his avatar as a cute foxgirl and uses voice modulators
>>
I think it would be neat to be able to drop "into" the map and watch the characters fight or to explore a 3d map.
>>
>>49872408
Absolutely! Possibly the most compelling way to experience VR combat without motion sickness.
>>
>>49871245
Why would anyone buy an expensive VR headset to pretend they're playing DnD in person?
>>
>>49874359
So you don't see smelly fat neckbeards.
>>
>>49871245
>the VR community
All 5 of them are kinda shitty
>>
>>49873829
A game called vanishing realms did a pretty decent job of fixing that by taking out the walk cycle and just putting in teleporting. I personally just meant to explore and look around a map or watch combat, not participate in it.
>>
>>49872394
Personally i don't give a shit what you want to use... so long as you're not a sperg
>>
>>49871245
How is this better than the tabletop simulator on steam?
>>
>>49875799
No idea. TTS is 10 dollars and Altspace is free. Altspace seems more like a social thing than something for games. I haven't tried TTS yet but I know that Altspace has things like private "tomes" where you can load up your character sheet or books and a back screen which everyone can see. There you can post the picture of a monster or whatever without having to describe what it looks like.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.