[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: LUCK.jpg (190KB, 1920x1220px) Image search: [Google]
LUCK.jpg
190KB, 1920x1220px
Well?
>>
Well!
>>
Well well.
>>
Well, well, well....
>>
>>49871097
No. Luck is an important part of it, but its also about knowing the odds, strategy and, of course having a good poker face
>>
File: 145265714321.jpg (359KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
145265714321.jpg
359KB, 1680x1050px
>>49871097
>>
File: open the game.gif (2MB, 510x353px) Image search: [Google]
open the game.gif
2MB, 510x353px
>>49871097
I don't think this deserves its own thread, so I figure it might work here?

Is it a good idea to have games like poker in an RPG? Like maybe actually bringing out some cards? It just seems like possibly a cool thing characters can do at the taverns, or a sort of alternate challenge to get something they need like information that could be a nice change of pace.

But at the same time, if the players wanted to play chess or poker or whatever, they'd be playing that and not playing an RPG. So I don't wanna force anything like that on them.
>>
>>49872054
I feel that bringing board and card games into tt is alright. If you can emulate different levels of difficulty and apply setting appropriate banter
>>
>>49871097
It's a mind game.
>>
>>49872054
>5 ace of spades

Kick his ass Jotaro
>>
>>49872054
I once played a game of poker in a rpg with my big bro.

He taught me how to play it so he'd introduced it in our dnd game.

I was playing against a troll monster to get my polar bear friend back. The chips were my magic points and if I lose he'd take away my magic.

I almost lost that too but i managed to win. My big bro wasnt exactly gentle when.it came to dnd and me.

I had to be held back in the magic academy for trying to help my classmates and almost died twice.
>>
>>49872054

If your players are down for it, by all means do it.

When your characters are in a tavern and get involved in a game of cards, get out a set of playing cards and ask if they want to settle it with a real game of cards or skip that part. Let them decide.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.