[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salty MTG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 58

File: 20[1].jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
20[1].jpg
67KB, 312x445px
What are some of the saltiest games of magic you've ever played?

I've had people outright scoop and leave the table when I dropped an Iona with my Kaalia deck.
>>
>>49869880
scooping is generally the appropriate response to iona

leaving the table? depends on what kind of person you are
>>
File: humility.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
humility.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>playing Legacy on xmage
>join a game against Miracles
>he's obviously a noob that just picked up the deck because it's "the best"
>I'm playing jank-ass Parfait so he still has more than a chance against me
>tops wrong, does fucking everything wrong, counters all the wrong stuff
>he gets Snappy and Clique out
>I have Tax/Rack/Zuran out, and an O Ring on his Counterbalance, so I'm in no rush
>run Orim's Chant into Humility
>Next turn drop a Wrath
>In response he casts Venser, it resolves and nothing happens, he just sits there a second
>type a single question mark into chat
>he quits match
Good times
>>
>>49869925
Ah humility. My 1/1 token-spam deck isn't so funny now is it!?

Your worldspine wurm can get murdered by a chimney imp.
>>
File: 1475705164627.png (166KB, 351x349px) Image search: [Google]
1475705164627.png
166KB, 351x349px
>>49869941
>scooping is generally the appropriate response to iona

I hate that fucking card so much. It might as well say 'No one else play the game while I masturbate at the table"
>>
>>49869983
It's kind of a dick move in EDH

I must admit it's fine in Legacy, though, even though it fucks my deck six ways to sunday
>>
You don't understand the amount of salt I collect on Xmage for playing a competitive Modern deck that casts Part the Waterveil with Awaken for 6uuu as its wincon.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-02-16-taking-turns/
>>
>>49869880
The most salt I ever have generated is by playing pauper.
UW tron against Teachings, won by resolving a curse of the bloody tome and countering his sprout swarm.
Or UB Tortured existence against Mono U delver. Resolved a TE on t1, and after a certian point I just swapped golgari brownscales to gain 12 life every turn. I ended up casting the same crypt rats three times in one turn to kill him.
>>49870673
Taking turns is such a dumb deck. Had a buddy who won with it during turns by taking all 5 of them.
>>
File: Void-Winnower-Wallpaper.jpg (246KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
Void-Winnower-Wallpaper.jpg
246KB, 750x450px
Are Eldrazi decks acceptable? I have some Eldrazi creatures supported with a Sultai deck, there are some real fuckers in there that seem like they could piss people off... I don't want to be a dick but I want to win.
>>
File: bfz kilisija edited.png (1MB, 1920x1039px) Image search: [Google]
bfz kilisija edited.png
1MB, 1920x1039px
I've honestly never ran into a player live that would have been super, super salty and let it show too much. Players that have been slight miffed with flood, screw or just the right answer from the top of the deck, yes, and definitely been doing that myself too sometimes. But nothing so bad that players couldn't have shaken hands, and having laugh about that game a bit later when shit cools down.

Online however, there you see the occasional true twat creep from under the floorboards. Fortunately still rare.
>>
>>49870765
I guess it depends on the build, but casting super pushed creatures for reduced cost does tend to piss people off.
>>
File: niev0adpu11u6lhf4o1_500.gif (992KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
niev0adpu11u6lhf4o1_500.gif
992KB, 500x375px
Just recently, actually.
>Strip Mine, Wasteland, Sun Titan, and Panharmonicon on the field
>Crack Mine and Wasteland
>Cast Restoration Angel
>mfw only other U player at the table allows it to resolve
>>
>>49870784
It's kind of a ramp deck. I've got like one or two 'prevent all combat damage' just for emergencies, but it's mostly just getting a shit ton of land out there super fast.

I really like the idea of world breaking creatures and tribal sorcery. The idea of titan-sized creatures with no intent but to kill, conquer, and destroy just seems super cool to me. That's pretty much the main reason I went Eldrazi. Building a flying red/white at the moment, but I just don't enjoy it as much as my big guys.
>>
>>49870807
Ah. I'm more of a competitive player, and eldrazi in modern and legacy have a bunch of lands that tap for 2 mana, so you get to cast things like a hasty 5/5 trample with 2 upsides off 3 lands or something equally stupid
>>
>>49869880
>frontier
>>
File: 160614_CN1.jpg (1MB, 980x1348px) Image search: [Google]
160614_CN1.jpg
1MB, 980x1348px
>>49870825
Cool, I am verynew to playing the game, even though I watch magic competitions regularly. 10 years ago my friend and her brother took me to some kid's attic to play in a local magic competition with 6 other people. Did alright for having a white deck and not knowing shit about it, but I didn't have the interest for it then that I do now.

I don't really have a whole lot cards that lower the cost (I think just 1 at the moment), just kinda chock full of spells that make you search your deck for 2 land and draw a card. Then there's a few that will have you play extra land on your upkeep. Just land land land land land. I got Villainous Wealth not too long ago so I crammed that in there because I would be stupid not to, but I guess exile cards would piss off a lot of people too.
>>
>>49870922
Its something like T1 chalice of the void to keep you from playing 1 drop spells, then I drop a thought-knot seer on t2 to take your best card, then I drop a t3 reality smasher to beat your face on.

>>49869880

More on topic, back when I still played commander, I was on Karador. Group got so butthurt about me using greater good as my engine that they just ignored the defense of the heart on the other side of the table.
>>
>>49869880
makes me glad our resident white angels fanatic is actually a pretty cool guy, since one of the decks i play is monogreen, so that card may as well read 'sit back and watch the other guy play'

i can't think of any particularly salty games i've played in - the worst of it is a couple of times when i've just resigned from the game due to ridiculous levels of mana flood/screw, as in 'i literally cannot and have not cast anything from my hand and it's turn 5 jesus christ'
but that's usually fixable on-the-spot since it's either a matter of me being an idiot with my startig hand and not mulliganing or that i need to fuck with the mana balances in my deck, so i can pretty much always play another game with the guy

other than that, i'd come up with better examples but to be honest i can only vaguely remember the scant few times other players have left the game
most of the salt in my group happens after the game really, people really like to bitch about eachother's decks and shit.
>>
>friend had been pushing me to get into Commander for the past couple of months
>finally cave in, make a mono white deck because all of my best cards were white
>tell him I have a deck, it's not good (bear in mind this was when I was just getting into Magic and didn't really have a lot of cards)
>ramps Kaalia into Runescarred Demon into Iona
>called White

Legit almost made me give up on Commander entirely and I never spoke to him afterwards. We had like one talk afterwards along the lines of "are you mad?". Like of course I'm mad, faggot, you ruined my first scope into an entire format. "I was just trying to let you know what you'd be up against in commander". Bullshit, you wanted to win and you didn't care how inexperienced I was and used the opportunity to put another notch in your belt. Have fun choking on a bag of dicks.
>>
>>49870953
Assuming you could get those cards out successfully, that seems like a good combination. I would have like a million back up plans to keep that artifact on the field, though.
>>
>>49869880
When I was first learning the girl who taught me got butthurt when I used Mark of Mutiny to steal, attack and sacrifice her Mogg Fanatic. She claimed I couldn't do that despite it specifically being his ability (I don't think she read the card). She never played seriously after that. Good riddance. Other saltiness came from some of my earlier games with her where her starter decks were all green and she loved pumping up one fatty creature for five turns. Then I discovered Doomblade.
>>
>>49869880
Playing mtgo casual with a stupid deck that revolves around time stretch, mana reflection, mind spring and tries to win with helix pinnacle.

Take repeated turns while blowing all excess mana on counters

Go off get the mana to win and a dude refuses to pass priority and starts blasting me
>>
>>49871055
I dare say that it's casual players "who play just for fun" who have the hardest time having fun, because as soon as you play a removal spell or a counter spell on their cards, their feelings get all hurt and they take it personally: "why won't you let me have fun???" Competitive players can be salty, but at least they're mentally prepared for hate cards.
>>
>>49870784
>playing cards pisses people off

Fuck them

Mill yourself and reanimate/dimir doppelganger that fucker before t4. Of all the bullshit allowed in edh, unless you're bouncing and recasting one of the ulamogs or throwing out hasty annihilators, ramping and playing fatties like void weenie, kozi, and other eldrazi boys is perfectly fair.
>>
>>49871164
Whoops, assumed it was edh for some reason. The point still stands unless your power level is out of proportion for the group, which doesn't sound like the case
>>
>>49871123
Competetive players just give a shit because of all the effort, the drafting, the practice runs, the planning... It's fun, but it's a lot of work, and then to have someone play either a hail mary or just execute a better strategy than you and you lose is kind of a slap in the face. You worked hard and you lost, it's kind of natural to be salty for a little while, but then you get over it and work harder.

It's called actually giving a shit, just don't be a dick about someone better than you beating you.
>>
>>49871214
Yeah. At this point I just play Legacy and Pauper. Been banned out of modern, and I don't have the paitence to deal with high strung "casual" players.
>>
>6 man pod
>Everyone has a slow-ish start
>2 different players decide to Drop Static and Winter Orb
>Then next turn play Hive Mind
>>
>>49871326
I'd like to know how the rest of this game went.
Also, leaning towards prison decks is why I stopped playing commander in paper and only play it online:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-prison-warden-1/
>>
>>49871000
Competitive magic works a lot differently then casuyal magic. The play that was outlined is one of the most brutal openings that can happen, and it happens all the goddamn time. At least eye of ugin is banned in modern
>>
File: KTK standard meta.jpg (213KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
KTK standard meta.jpg
213KB, 1280x720px
>>49871486
As a competitive player, nothing makes me more salty than Wizard printing dumb superpowered creatures with low mana cost.
>>
>>49871517
But dont you love buying packs of the latest set and opening at least 1 eternal playable card? Plus you might open a Super Foil Mythic Rare! [Spoiler] :^)
>>
>>49871517
It always bothered me there were no thoughtsiezes in that pic
>>
>>49871555
>[Spoiler]

fugg

eh fuckit imma go to bed
>>
>Playing Duels '14
>4 way battle
>Drop Emrakul, player 1 dies
>Attack player 2, player 2 quits
>Attack player 3, player 3 quits

Still not sure how to feel about it.
>>
File: magic8.png (251KB, 984x814px) Image search: [Google]
magic8.png
251KB, 984x814px
>>49869880
Has anyone else experienced that weird gui glitch on xmage where the screen keeps jumping around everywhere?
I think it might have something to do with java or whatever.
>>
>pre-Twin ban
>>Gr tron
> sign up for local modern tournament
>a few new guess from out-of-town show up, brought decks that are "so powerful, they CRUSH the whole table where WE play!"
> round 1, I drop Emrakul on turn 6
>"JUDGE, EMRAKUL IS BANNED!!!!"
He dropped and spent the rest of the tournament next door at a coffee shop waiting for his friends
>>
>>49871938
Reminds me of the anon who went to a new city, joined a MTG party and asked for the competitive level
>Oh our play group is very competitive, my 80 card mill deck is rightfully feared!
I wonder if that anon left any survivors.
>>
>>49872435
How big are your decks, /tg/?
>>
>>49872483
100, 100, 100, and 100.
>>
File: 1342706539273.gif (903KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1342706539273.gif
903KB, 400x300px
>Friend playing his infinite life deck
>Made a Volrath deck and this is my first time playing it
>He combo's off and goes infinite
>My turn I attack with Volrath and he lets it through despite having a million 1/1 token blockers
>Discard Draco
>Doesn't believe he's dead
>Starts complaining that I didn't say Volrath was my general despite saying it multiple times
>Tries to go back and declare a token as a blocker
>Eventually scoops and says I make the gayest deck.
>mfw

If this was 100 BC I would have been the richest man in all of Europe from the amount of salt in the room.
>>
>stax player drops a kormus bell with urborg out
>stop his elesh so we don't get locked out
>turn comes to me
>float a bunch of mana with additional colorless via kruphix
>bounce all creatures
>pact for and cast Azusa
>drop two islands and a tropical
>pass turn feeling smug
>player to my right informs me that I lose
>reality dawns on me
That was last weekend. I'm still recovering.
>>
File: mtg EmpyrialPlate.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
mtg EmpyrialPlate.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Weekly 'vintage' (casual) tournaments, play whatever you want.

One time I went with a mono blue deck whose win condition was 4 Cloud of Faeries and 4 Empyrial Plate. Rest of the deck was entirely counterspells (especially miser's ones like Force Spike and Daze) + some bounce in Snap.

Final game I am against a guy playing a stock Modern Affinity list.
I played Cloud of Faeries + Plate turn 2 and then Dazed (I had 4 of them in hand) every relevant spell he played for the rest of the game while leaving him with shit like Memnites in play.
He started rambling incoherently about how playing counters takes no skill and it is so "cheap" and isn't fun etc. I was scared he was going to tear up my deck so I didn't laugh to him about how people buy Tier 1 Modern decks and still don't know how to play around force spikes.
>>
File: dreams.gif (2MB, 300x205px) Image search: [Google]
dreams.gif
2MB, 300x205px
Playing Burn at a Legacy tournament; tested Miracles, Elves, Lands, Dredge, Affinity, Merfolk, Storm, but nothing really appealed.

Round 5, I get paired up against someone who doesn't look at me, gives the briefest of handshakes, starts shuffling up. Island sleeves, which is appropriate for his salty tears.

Turns out he's on a creature-light version of Team America. Game one, I play some creatures, he kills them, I drop two Eidolon on turn 4..."resolves." Ponder, take 4, Brainstorm, take 4; scoop.

Game 2, I drop Grim Lavamancer on turn 1; hand is all burn and fetches. Kill every single creature he plays, including Fireblasting away two Mountains just to kill a Goyf, and then eating them with Lavamancer to kill a DRS. Kill all his creatures, don't deal him a single point of burn. Game goes a bit long, but I'm ok playing a weird control deck against him. Turn 6, bait out FoW with Eidolon and then slam Blood Moon against his 4 duals. Out of threats, lands, and patience, he packs up his deck and walks out of the room.
>>
File: counter.jpg (247KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
counter.jpg
247KB, 1440x1080px
>>49873278
>plays modern in vintage
>whines about getting dazed

Daze is my least favorite legal card in Magic but I respect it and expect it. It's a bit rarer in Vintage, but after the first one, there's really no excuse. Yeah, sometimes you just have to walk into it, and Daze into Brainstorm is the ultimate feel-bad since you know they're shuffling that land away. But still, what a fucking baby.
>>
>>49869992
Not that anon, but I concur.
>>
I admittedly was the salty one in this case.

I was playing casual multiplayer with a couple of other experienced players, and one guy who's very new, though he understands the rules well enough.
The problem?
He's shit at threat assessment, for one, hitting me (playing Brago Blink) rather than the token deck with 2x Intangible Virtue and 2x Growing Ranks and a Moonsilver Spear.
Worse yet, when I cast a spell that didn't even target him, he countered said spell because "I dunno man, I just wanted to do something".

I can deal with getting stomped, but I hate it when newbies always always always do stupid shit to ruin everyone else's fun, and they always say that same thing. Always.
>>
>>49873747
My response to those is always "If you wanted to do something, then you should have made a more active deck."

As for salt, I finally finished a new deck after not playing EDH for a while, and wanted to actively playtest it rather than just solitaire it.
The only decks were Derevi and Meren, so needless to say I got my shit stomped and was rather unhappy about it.
>>
>That guy who always complains when anyone goes for him because he's "Doing the worst"

I know the kind of deck you play Tom. You're not fooling anyone
>>
One guy in my LGS is deeply into Magic, and is a cool guy.
However, he has a hamplanet girlfriend with a severe case of piggy-nose who insists on orbiting him like some sort of low-orbit satelite, constantly whining about how he's not paying attention to her constantly.

Alright, fine, I guess.
But she's decided that she wants to play Magic as well.
She doesn't build her own decks.
She doesn't learn how to play the ones she's given.
She whines whenever anyone targets her for any reason, even if she is massively ahead on board presence.
She gloats in broken English if she feels like she's got everyone else under her thumb, but will flip on a dime if, say, someone wraths away her board of creatures she's hoarded up because nobody's bothered to attack her whiny ass.

She's also joined in on Drafts of all things, for some reason, and she drafts like a retard, gets her bf to salvage what he can and build a deck for her, and then she pretty much always goes 0-3 or 1-2 and gets really fucking mad whenever things don't go her way.
And she insists she's right when she says "Oh no, it's better to draw first, because you get more cards that way.", then complains when I steamroll her with Werewuffs (this was during EMN draft).
Nobody in our circle of friends and acquaintances likes her, and merely tolerate her because her bf is a cool dude.

She's loud, obnoxious and demands everyone cater to her demands, even going so far as to say that people with cats in our LGS need to be banned because she's allergic to cats and even residual fur on their clothes triggers her allergy.

Nanoangstroms of hate.
>>
>>49871123
>I dare say that it's casual players "who play just for fun" who have the hardest time having fun

You're kinda right. I play more casual multiplayer games than modern, standard, etc. I have to say, there are more feelings hurt in those multiplayer games than in the competitive environment. This is because if you do ONE THING that might raise some alarms. They're mad because I was trying to win without clogging the board with common 1-4 drops, I'm mad because apparently nobody knows about just removing my threat, and everybody's mad in general. The saltiest person I've faced was kinda like THAT guy. He was full of himself, only used one deck, and every little thing he declared in game was said with a manner of pride that made everybody want to punch is face. He could win with his deck of his (Red/Black Death stuff), and once I played a multiplayer game with him and this other guy who's my friend. We both despised him at the time, and we both went after him in that game. After he died, he said "f*** you, f*** you!" Multiple times, waving his pudgy middle finger at us before leaving.

In a library.

A SCHOOL library.

After that, whenever someone wanted to play against him (his pride levels significantly dropped and was much more bearable), he would proudly say he did not bring a deck.
>>
>>49872847
>22 commander damage
Okay I got a little bit hard
>>
I found a new EDH group recently and they are pretty casual. It's nice because I love brewing janky decks but my old group was way too cutthroat for them to ever stand a chance.

One guy plays a pretty linear Purphoros deck and scoffed at my mono white control deck saying 'white can't play control'. I drop a nevermore turn 3 naming purph and he gets really whiny. He did something similar when another player dropped a torpor orb a few games later. Guy just wants to be able to spam tokens and race everyone else with no interaction. He shouted at me for a good 5 minutes after the game ended about how my deck was stupid and didn't do anything all game except hate him out.
>>
playing second game against pure Azami wizard counter draw deck.
pull out big guns Rafiq deck.
guy taps out turn 3 for a wizard.
???
Armageddon.
I had a sol ring he had a vault but I had some land in hand game continued as I know gripped his mana rock and beast whitin his island as a response to high tide. the man never drew another land.
this was a long game and i play extremely loose unless I'm ticked and Azami mono counter ticks me off. so I played it like a gp. dude was fuming and finally conceded to a karn.
that was fun, I like it when people get mad to disruption as they play super counter or stax or tax. makes my day.
>>
>Playing Pegasuses against Dredge
>Dredge guy Mulligans to 5
>drop 2 Crypts, Eidolon of Rhetoric Turn 2
>guy looks at his hand for like 2 minutes "hmmm hmm, uuuh, hmmmm"
>he casts Faithless Looting
>next turn I cast Chalice for 2
>"Fuck you eh" and scoops

Are all Dredge players this bad?
>>
>>49875166
Most dredge players are so proud of their special snowflake way of playing magic "the way it isn't intended to be played XD" that if you do anything at all to disrupt them they tilt off the face of the earth
>>
>>49875166
Is this sarcasm? I actually can't tell.
I would be a little salty too, if I mulled down to 5 and my opponent fast pieces of hate off stupidly powerful mana rocks.

What sort of bizarre casual format is this where you play multiple mana crypts, and dredge doesn't win on t1.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (104KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
104KB, 223x311px
>>49869941

We require more appropriate responses.
>>
>>49870788

all this does is let you blow up 4 lands. i don't know if you think this is an infinite loop, but it's not.
>>
>>49875354
Tormod's Crypt x4 in the main board
>>
>>49875427
Oh, ok. My bad, thought you meant mana crypt.
>>
>>49869983
>tfw dude drops Painter's Servant/Iona turn one in a 8-player multiplayer game.

Those were dark times.
>>
>>49875479
8 players?

I would've been glad for that turn one hard lock, because usually 8 player games go on for ages.
>>
>>49875166
he can't have been playing Dredge for very long if losing to graveyard hate still makes him salty.
>>
>>49875166
>casts Chalice for 2

I've been bamboozled
>>
File: err.jpg (62KB, 243x243px) Image search: [Google]
err.jpg
62KB, 243x243px
Oh, yeah, forgot I've been salty as well.
>5 player free for all
>some skinny fuckwit takes turn one
>goes mountain, rite of flame, rite of flame, rite of flame, Chandra Ablaze, minus 2 her (every player discards his or her hand, then draws three cards), go
We promptly beat him down and decided not to play with him again.
>>
>>49876324
>Guy gets a hand Turn 1 with baiscally one option if he wants something out
>Uses that option
>Then uses an ability to get 3 cards in his hand to give him more abilities
>So you focus him and never play with him again

I don't think he was the problem.
>>
>>49870784
>casting super pushed creatures for reduced cost does tend to piss people off.
What's this? Surely you aren't mad at people cheating out creatures. Why would you be? I understand the math on why counters piss people off, and how MLD makes casuals feel bad, particularly in durdle decks, but you can't be saying reanimating a Void Winower t3 or 4 is worse than that bullshit? The only thing I find awful are stax decks without wincons they can skip to, everything else is manageable and fun.
>>
>>49876324
you sound like a cunt
>>
>>49873747
>playing brago "I combo off into stax locks like it's my dayjob" blink
>being surprised when someone hates on you, despite bigger threats
You do realize that if you build your deck right, you win the game as soon as brago deals combat damage, right? It might not be through commander damage, but you sure as shit are going to start some nasty stuff. This is like being mad that you got gangbanged for playing Narset, or Maelstrom.
>>
>>49876324
Why ? It's pretty funny
>>
Played against a Maverick player last week who was brand new. Killed him one turn one with storm on game two and he was salty for some reason despite the fact that he mulled to four and had no relevant interaction in hand. It probably didn't help that he got matched up with another storm player last week and got killed on turn 1 then too.

>>49876324
You're the problem in this example, not him.
>>
The saltiest I ever have been in a game of Magic was when I was playing a friend's Rhys token deck that had no enchantment removal. The players to my right and left were both playing pillowfort deck. The guy to my left played an enchantment that made it so you could only attack the player to the right or left of you (so he always had it so I could not attack him), and the guy to my right had a prison-like enchantment where one has to pay 1 mana per every enchantment for a creature to attack, as well as another enchantment that made all his permanents enchantments.

Meanwhile the Voltron player across from me is suiting up his commander, and I can't do squat because while I have an army, I would have to pay tens of mana per creature to be able to attack.

I mostly got upset because If I had even one disenchant I could have attacked to my left, or removed the prison effect on my right.

I refuse to play any one elses's deck now.
>>
>>49876418
He said he built the deck entirely for the purpose of executing that combo game 1.
>>49877077
borrowing decks from bad players is asking for frustration.
>>49876944
he wasn't doing it to win, he just did it to piss people off
>>
>>49876324
>we promptly beat him down
i mean, i can understand it since you all dropped a hand and drew 3, so you guys might've had some t1 shit you wanted now in the graveyard
>and decided not to play with him again.
but why?
he blew his entire starting hand to get a tapped mountain and a pw with 3 loyalty
it doesn't sound like you even had a problem after that
>>
>casual standard multiplayer
>one friend built his deck around making eight million Eldrazi Spawn then attacking with them to kill people with Raid Bombardment or popping them for mana and paying mana to Furnace Celebration to burn people out
>very funny deck, really
>anyway, another friend has been building up Sorin Markov and is able to mind control
>the player gets really smug about it because he doesn't have any cards in hand and he knows there's nothing he can do with the board to mess up his army
>vamps dude glares at him
>I'm shaking my head side to side trying to get Eldrazi Spawn guy to let off because he doesn't know how dumb he's being
>starts getting really cocky
>he gets mind controlled
>comes to his turn
>sac all the Spawns for mana and pass turn
>he sits there for a solid minute
>calmly stands up
>pushes his chair in
>then punches the wall as hard as he can
He genuinely didn't stop to think that vamps guy could just sac all his Eldrazi Spawn. It baffles me to this day.
>>
File: 1400305633835.gif (1MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1400305633835.gif
1MB, 250x188px
>>49877437
>>
>>49876928
I can see where you might get the idea I was doing degenerate shit, but I wasn't.
The deck's the Venser part of a Venser Vs Koth duel deck that I slapped a brago into for fuck's sake. Me hitting for two and flickering my Pilgrim's eye is not anything like playing winter orb/stax.
Also, this wasn't commander, but 60-card casual (although my deck is basically still singleton), and I didn't even draw Brago. I had a Mistmeadow Witch and Vulshok Morningstar out, because I was drawing the entirely wrong end of my deck.

But fair.

The part I can't stand is meaninglessly countering shit for no good reason past "idk lol I just wanted to do something".
>>
>>49877286
Funny how you brought this up just now. Also
>Built an entire deck
>To summon one card T1
>That you can only have four of
>Just happened to have the perfect combination

You also left out that he's apparently a Yugioh character.

And you got salty about someone making you discard your and draw 3 T1? Do you have some kind of custom rule where, if you have to discard your hand, you get punched in the nuts or something? Did you all just happen to have perfect hands that made Angels sing in delight, and he somehow knew this and was playing this combo to ruin your perfect hand? Your story reeks of bullshit, and even if not, you still come off as a massive whiny baby.
>>
>>49877738
Heart of the Cards, motherfucker.
>>
File: Domon Coffee.jpg (40KB, 479x477px) Image search: [Google]
Domon Coffee.jpg
40KB, 479x477px
Oh, I am a salt mine:

>playing against my "that guy" with my W/B ayli deck before I dismantled it
>he's rocking something Mardu
>we're playing, it goes back and forth as we smash removal into eachother
>I go buried alive into felidar sovereign, ob nixilis unshackled and tree of perdition
>sac a token for felidar and unshackled
>he blows them up
>eventually I get whip of erebos out with ayli
>bounce tree of perdition back to my hand, cast it
>he blows it up
>next turn I reanimate the tree with whip, tap the tree in response as soon as it hits the field, than feed it to Ayli
>he has no removal in his hand
>starts huffing and puffing talking about how all that was bullshit
>kicks over a pile of beer cans and goes for a smoke outside

Fast forward a week:
>playing my jank Meren deck
>the worst deck out of my 5 commander decks, it's now Mazirek
>I've beaten him a few times, it's the last game of the night
>ramp into an early swarmborn giant, drop t4 Endrek Sahr, t5 followed by archfiend of depravity
>next turn drop overwhelming stampede and phyresis, swing for the game
>his spirit is visibly crushed, he can't quite figure out how it happened
>starts staring off into the distance, going "Oh I could do that", "Maybe I could build this thing", "Oh that would be spicy"
>I ask what colours he was building
>"grixis, but I don't think you'd know the commander"
>"Is it nekusar?"
>silence between us
>I gather my things because I have to leave
>have never played magic with him again
>>
>be playing my Jeskai Ascendacy token deck
>playing with this guy at the store running mono black rats
>game is going pretty well, manage to get him low enough before he locks the game
>draw a land when he was at 4 life
>it's ok, I can still do it
>draw another land
>oh god dammit
>draw another land
>by board is down to a single 1/1 soldier token
>literally draw only lands for the next three turns

In 5 years of magic I've never been so angry, and have not been since. Wanna know the best part? When I lost, obviously, I looked and I had another two turns of lands, and I was running only 20 lands in total.
>>
>>49877738
>not believing in the heart of the cards
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>Playing Dragons Maze preorder prerelease
>Make a solid UWR deck with my sealed pool
>Play Aetherling
>Unblockable, swing
>He casts removal
>Flicker
>Have to call judge to explain that Aetherling dodges the removal
>"I scoop, that card is fucking broken, how am I supposed to play against that"
I was still kinda new to magic at the, like a freshman in highschool and I just kinda sat there and watched a grown man lose his shit over a card game and a dollar rare.
Good times all things considered
>>
File: wat.jpg (63KB, 662x462px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
63KB, 662x462px
>>49869880
Playing dredge against Tezzeret. Cabal opponent's entire hand, proceed to reanimate Iona naming blue. Lethal on board. Opponents draws toxic deluge.

>tfw
>>
>>49875410
Technicaly it's 4, but you do get your Wasteland and Strip Mine back at the end.
>Initial crack of Mine and Wasteland (2).
>Resto Angel goes on stack twice.
>Sun Titan goes on stack twice, getting back Mine and Wasteland. Hold prio, crack again (4).
>Sun Titan goes on stack twice again, getting back Wasteland and Strip Mine.
>>
>>49870765
>>49870784
I had a guy in High School who ran the Titans with his only lands being Cloudposts. That shit was fucking obnoxious. All he needed was one ofnthe Oldrazi out and he won.

He then traded that entire deck for an Ankle Shanker goblin deck.

Which I then proceeded to step on with turn 5 Iona.
>>
>>49878342
To be fair, Aetherling IS kind of a nighmare busted control finisher.
Wish it was modern playable.
>>
File: IMG_0151.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0151.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>49869880
First time I put Iona in a deck, I dropped her out first turn with my Reanimator deck and said green. Shut down two and a half players out of the four opponents. They all scooped immediately. Second game dropped her second turn and they scooped again. Then they banned me from playing any more games for the night. It was glorious.
>>
>>49871723
You should feel like you had the big swinging dick in that match.
>>
>>49878764
Yeah between him pack rat and that dimir card that mills till you hit x lands that format had a bunch of fuck you I win cards for limited.
>>
>>49872897
So tell me if I am getting this right. You cast slaughter pact on something then forgot to pay the cost and lost the game? Also if you bounced all creatures back to their owners hands what did you cast slaughter pact on?
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 178x248px
>>49870922

Those decks are not oppressive because all of your creatures can be easily killed/exiled. You might get dirty looks of you keep putting in crazy creatures with hexproof (can't be targeted) because most new players aren't ready to deal with them (mass destruction spells, etc).

Also ramp decks (decks that get a lot of mana to cats big creatures) can backfire by you getting either ONLY ramp spells or ONLY huge creatures without the other. Depending on how lucky you are you can annoy everyone with win streaks or feel bad with losing streaks.
>>
>>49879481
He used Summoner's Pact to get Azusa then played three lands. Pact requires 4 mana.
Where in the world did you get Slaughter Pact out of that?
>>
>>49875479

The correct response is to say "Congrats, you win" and continue with a 7 player game to see who is second place.
>>
>>49879561
This post will ALWAYS be underrated.
>>
File: Bribery.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Bribery.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>49869880
That's the reason why I (image related).
>>
>>49869880
I was really salty only once, when I got dicked out from the prize pool by a guy with two byes. How could that even happen, I should have reported them.
>>
>>49879561
Do people not do this? It's the only way to say hello to the new faggot on the block.
>>
>>49879086
Yes, you're an egotistical douche, we get it. Go away.
>>
>>49869880
Most salt I have produced was very recently with a very stupid standard deck I built for fun based on getting out a Panharmonicon and two wispweaver angels so you just juggle some shit with ETB.

All I do for a dozen or so turns is deny them everything I can with immolating glare, fumigate, stasis snare, declaration in stone, reflector mage and then, when I am almost dead I just do some other fuckery to play a kalastria healer and two wispweaver angels into my panharmonicon and deal infinite damage or something equally whacky. I expected it to fare far worse than it did.

The most memorable of those was the one where I played against some dude who just wanted to play his lifegain deck against someone who he thought had a bad deck and I just let him do it. He was so confident when he ended his turn with 49 life and two felidar sovereigns and I just etherworks marveled a wispweaver angel onto the field and played another to deal infinite damage with the kalastria healer. He didn't say a word and just scooped up and left the LGS. Fun times. If you let your opponent get to that stage than it is your own fucking fault, it's not even like he drew badly.

The saltiest I have ever been was playing open constructed, everybody was just supposed to bring whacky fun stuff and have fun instead of playing turbo-faggoty shit and this girl takes out her resurection deck that killed me on turn 3 with only one black mana and protection from red and green for good measure against my red green decks and had the guts to complain because she could have killed me turn two with one more mana. Why do people do this? Make you go through the pain and trouble of shuffling your deck, scratching your head over wether to mulligan, when essentially they just tell you "haha just kidding, thanks for stealing your time!"
>>
>>49878555
No it doesn't. When the Resto blinks the Titan, the second instance of the blink effect fizzles because the object it's targeting doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>49879537
He doesn't have to pay for the pact until he untaps, unless he pacted at the end of his opponents turn, didn't pay and then cast Azusa
>>
>>49881302
>then played three lands. Pact requires 4 mana.
>>
Don't remember the games specifically, just decks. Once while I was still a noob, went out and bought "The Plague" precon from Urza's Saga and ran straight out of the box in dozens of casual games with friends. They really fucking hated me. Another similar incident happened with the New Phyrexia event deck "Rot from Within".
>>
>>49881575
And? He does get to untap before he is required to pay for pact you know
>>
>>49881593
>>49881575
My bad, forgot the part where all lands are creatures
>>
File: cena1.gif (2MB, 193x200px) Image search: [Google]
cena1.gif
2MB, 193x200px
>>49872847
I love everything about this.
>>
I play a Zedruu gag deck that pisses people off to no end.

I am THAT player.

The one who casts Jokhulops with no contingency plan.

The one who Warp Worlds for shits and giggles, even if the green player has a million tokens.

The one who plays Grip of Chaos.

The one who plays Divine Intervention.

The one who absolutely would Twincast a Sharhazad if it were legal in EDH.
>>
>>49881761
I see I'm not alone in my play style.

My guilty pleasure: I build decks with no other objective than trolling the shit out of other players, and in MTG that's actually pretty easy.
>>
>>49881761
You're a massive faggot

>>49881866
You too
>>
>>49881761
Also, smokestack, quicksilver fountain, possessed portal, wildfire, planar void, Karona, and of course Pestilence
>>
>>49881271
You're a retard.
>>
I have a mono black edh deck. My saltiest games were both against a Kaalia deck.

Game 1
>playing vs Kaalia, Derevi and MonoG Elves
>keep elf deck under control using boardwipes
>Kaalia having a slow start
>Derevi doing nothing, dude sucks
>cast Nevinyrral's Disk just in case Kaalia tries anything funny
>Derevi dude Voidslimes it
>Kaalia proceeds to buttfucking rape everyone 2 or 3 turns later

Game 2
>vs same Kaalia dude and two other decks, they were irrelevant and did nothing all game iirc
>get slow start, draw no lands for turns on end
>kaalia dude playing everything on curve
>draw stuff to ramp, will be able to deal with him next turn
>he gets Iona off an attack
>he names black
>he casts Armageddon

The other two retards just watched.
>>
>>49882215
>Points out how someone is wrong by explaining the rules to the drooling casuals in this thread
>Somehow is the retard
>>
>at a Modern FNM the other week
>playing burn
>chatting with my opponent since we finished with half an hour left in the round
>his buddy comes up and starts bragging about his 2 wins so far
>mentions that he's playing storm, acts like it's the best deck ever
>seems kinda obnoxious, but it's not like storm is actually good in modern, so whatever
>next round
>get paired against storm guy
>look at my opening hand
>pretty medium hand, missing a color, but I have turn 2 eidolon
>normally I would go to 6, but I know it's a free win on this guy
>snap keep it
>turn 2 eidolon pass
>he starts going off
>I go to adjust his life total
>he looks confused
>picks up eidolon and reads it
>scoops immediately
>game 2
>he starts going off turn 3, ends up 1 mana short of casting empty the warrens
>topdeck eidolon on 3
>immediately starts complaining about how storm is a shit deck and he doesn't even know why he plays it
felt kinda bad for the dude, but come on, if you're gonna play storm, you should know what eidolon does
>>
>>49882215
learn how the stack works idiot
>>
>>49872897
Man. You got fucking rekt. How did you not think that through?
>>
>>49882311
Clearly he doesn't realize that by blinking the titan the first time, it "forgets" that it's been targeted for the second time.
>>
>>49874064
Reminds me of this bitch that went to my LGS for a while. She claims to have played magic many years ago because of some boyfriend she had or whatever, and felt like going back to it.

Started out fine, just someone who doesn't remember rules and I, being the chill guy I like to be with newbies, was pretty much the only one willing to explain her the rules, step by step. Quickly realised she was either really fucking dumb or just didn't care. She soon started making whiny excuses, started highlighting the fact that she was a woman for whatever reasons whenever I pointed out I had already explained to her how to play out certain phases of the game, etc. And would take too long to make any play.

Eventually, I realised she was there solely to get some dicking, but nobody gave her too much attention. She pissed off people more than anything, because she was loud and constantly complaining. Worst part is she was nagging me at all times because I gave her some attention at the start, even if I had no intentions on making a move on a woman 10 years older than me. Also was constantly nagging a friend of mine, but he was just a thirsty retard and brought that upon himself, so yeah.

Eventually everyone at the store made it clear to her that she wasn't welcome there and she stopped going there. Soon after, she contacted me and gave me a bunch of utility cards for EDH that I didn't have plus a few neat cards I had been looking for for a while. Haven't talked to her since and I'm fucking glad.
>>
File: spectra-ward.png (205KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
spectra-ward.png
205KB, 243x348px
>playing with budget uw heroic
>have like 30-some life due to ordeals
>have a 3/4 favored hoplite w/ aqueous form
>put pic related on it
>dude I'm playing gets angry and goes "what the fuck how am I supposed to kill it"
>i say "you don't"
>he quits
>>
>>49881761
Norin chaos is my husbando.
>>
>>49881761
>not running normal decks and degenerate decks
My Brago artifact flicker stax would like a word.
>>
The Saltest game ive played in recent memory was last week. Showed up at local shop to dick around before drafting decided to play a standard game against a pretty cool dood or so I thought. I was playing w/g human agro deck its not that expensive I don't have any Zendikar duels he was playing aetherflux life gain basically play low cost spells and board control. proceed to out life gain him with Herons Grace Champion he wipes the bord 4 different times after i finally beat him he proceds to count until his next bord wipe. and say i would have beat you of i got my other fumagate ( used 3 already and the blue return all cards to hand). He spent the rest of the night saying i wasn't playing standard because of him.
Im pretty low on the new cards due to unemployment so i was drafting hoping to get stuff.
>>
>>49874064
You need to tell him how much of a disgusting parasite she is.
>>
>>49882286
Could be he hasn't played a lot since Theros. I've seen a lot of people quit magic for a while, not encounter Modern / Legacy staples that entered the meta since they quit and when they get back blown completely out by them
>>
>>49869880
>playing over an old internet chat room
>hands are played on the honor system
>playing Revised 60 card
>get massively ripped by a Forked Fireball reducing my 20 health by 18 points to 2
>my hand is empty
>on my turn, draw and play Stream Of Life for all my mana (I think I regained 10 health)
>opponent is suspicious that I drew "exactly the card I needed"
>there were 4 in deck, the max allowed at the time
>having burned through nearly half the deck without playing one, chances of drawing one were about 1 in 7
>went on to lose on the next turn, but was suspected as cheater from then on
>eventually had to leave the site because of the hate
>>
>>49869880
>Go to casual Wednesday night magic
>Autismo tryhard asshole shows up
>Good player, horrible manners. Shows no enthusiasm while playing other players, most people think he's stuck up.
>He's playing the grixis control deck that won pro tour
>Paired with him first round
>My green artifact ramp eldrazi deck just got brewed earlier that evening.
>I play 3 world breakers, 1 after the other.
>He's stuck on 3 lands because of it, scoops to game 2.
>He misses a single land drop turn 3.
>I drop my whole hand by turn 6, sitting on like 10 mana sources, and an exiled world breaker that kept his land count down worse than it already was.
>Turn 7, I top deck Kozilek, he's tapped out.
>"I cast Kozilek."
>Insta-scoop.
Easiest 5 minute match of my life
>>
>>49870985

>He didnt let me win!
>WAAA
>>
>>49885731
I think it is more he didn't give him a fighting chance. Sure losing stinks, but being forced into a situation where you can't play your deck is demoralizing. Usually when introducing someone to a new casual format, you don't play a top tier deck. Unless you are asshole who likes scaring new players away.
>>
>>49885731

>he didn't let me play!

>WHHAAAA!

That's what (You) sound like.
>>
File: 1433176970950.gif (578KB, 332x250px) Image search: [Google]
1433176970950.gif
578KB, 332x250px
His happened back when original innistrad was a thing.
>Have not played since morningtide
>Swing by flgs, they have a causual tournament evening.
>i have no deck but clerk tells me i can buy one of the new kind of precons and join anyway
>get Spiraling Doom
>Undying creatures into birthing pod
>everything is fine untill i meet That Guy
>playing legacy smokestacks in a causual tournament where the only prize is a single booster
>lose the first game quickly
>second game i get the ladder going
>eventually manage to just about outpace him with myr battlesphere
>I can slowly see that guy turning red from me barely being able to snatch a 1-1
>all through game 3 he is constantly complaining about how broken birthing pod is (can't really argue with him there) and how it should not be allowed.
>Eventually he triumphantly place a chalice of the void with 4 on it and proceed to taunt me about how i will not be able to play my cheaty card
>Immediately Beast Within his sphere of ressistance then pay 2 life and 1 to hex parasite to bump it down to 3
> on my turn hardcast brutalizer exarch to tuck his tanglewire.
>pass turn with him still pretty far ahead
>on his turn he tries to cast trinisphere
>point out that he might not want to do that since it will just get countered by the chalice
>hfw
>tries to argue that chalice does not apply to his spells
>turns out a lot of the spells he needs to maintain his lead are cmc3
>over the course of the next turns wittle him down untill he collects his deck, stands up and starts yelling about how Pod is fucking broken and if i was playing fair i would not be able to beat him
>spends the rest of the night walking around the flgs, talking about what an asshole i am for bringing a top tier deck to a causual game.
>>
>>49884351
How about you first learn to write? Maybe that'd help you with that unemployment.
>>
>>49882422
What you do is target the sun Titan once and the flickered once. Flickerwisp comes back, exiling sun Titan and itself again. Repeat until you clear out you graveyard of viable targets and your opponent's lands
>>
>>49884880
I've never heard of this "honor system". How did it work? Was it like you had system to get you your random cards aside and they'd just trust you not to cheat?
>>
>>49882540
I suppose she understood that it was not a fine behaviour and tried to recompensate you with cards? Thats nice and sensible.
>>
>>49886971
I'm not sure if it really was that or if she was just trying to bait me back with them, honestly.
>>
>>49873849
Not him, but when I'm playing casual 4-way free-for-all with a white soldier tribal deck, have 2 3/3 soldier tokens, yet the other players keep milling, burning, and hitting you with big ass dragons, respectively, makes one a pillar of salt
>>
>>49877286
>he wasn't doing it to win, he just did it to piss people off
Goddamn you reminded me of my own salt story. why are Chandra fanboys always such salty cunts?
Play group multiplayer casual with gf(vampires), her brother(Chandra, mill, permission), my MA instructor(dragons, zombies), and guy went to high school with(big green). Anyways, I take his Chandra(can't remember which one) off the board instead of letting him end the game on his next turn. You would've thought I murdered his dog, gf, Xbox, and family in front of him. For the remainder of that game, and the next 4 straight months he does nothing in our group games but target me. Everyone else stayed out, probably to avoid becoming targets themselves. He built decks not to win, but just to kill me as quickly as possible. This of course sets off an arms race between us, to the point where either of us could solo the entire rest of the table combined.

Luckily his work shafted him so he couldn't come to our local FNMs anymore, and now I've dialed the decks back and we all have fun without him. He'll still show once every few months, but I can handle still being in-game hated now even two years later since it's so rare an occasion.
>>
I had someone walk out on me at a prerelease
>playing rtr wub (dimir represent)
>game at a standstill
>If either one attacks with anything more than a few cards theyl eave themselves open for lethal
>Have Obzedat, Ghost Council on the board so my opponent is on a clock but i have not attacked with it, just flickered it every round
>halfway through the game my opponent commits to a large attack
>i can safely hit back with Obbzy
>end of turn i flicker it as usual
-JUUUUUUDGE!
>my opponent cannot grasp the fact that since the flickering ability does not require tapping i am free to do it even if i attacked.
>refuse to believe it even when the judge and two other players back me up because it does not make sense to him
>start causing a ruckus in the store
>gets kicked out
>never seen at any following prerelease ever again
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 930x890px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 930x890px
Saltiest I've managed was a casual 2HG game with me playing "Lucksack, the Deck". My team-mate manages to get Avacyn and Empyrial Archangel on board, so we're effectively untouchable, and I decide now is the time to pull off the finishing move.
>Drop Krark's Thumb and cast Game of Chaos, thinking we cant lose regardless.
>Flip the coins, Opponents lose 1, then 2, then 4, then 8 life.
>Flip for 16 life, lose both flips
>We're only on 14 life
"Haha, that's fine, Empyrial Archangel takes the damage."
"No, it's life loss. you guys are dead."
>Re-read the card
>Realise I got it partly mixed up with Mana Clash
>Realise I just killed us from an almost undefeatable board-state
>Laugh and shake hands with the other player
"Well that's hilarious, guess I messed that up huh?"
>Turn to teammate, he's already stormed out of the pub
>Didn't even come back for his cards, we had to take them home for him
>Refuses to play 2HG or any other team-based format ever again
>Will never ally with anyone in EDH either

I think I single-handedly destroyed any trust in other players he had left.
>>
>>49869983

It's just one color, fucko. Nobody plays monocolor decks in EDH.
>>
>>49869880

>Friday Night Magic
>Deck is decent, I refuse to netdeck, consider it essentially cheating, running white humans back in the avacyn era
>playing against a netdecking asshole with a tournament quality deck
>his draws fuck up hard, he can't hit his stride at all because he doesn't know how to adapt when his deck doesn't run well
>I win both matches, odric playing a key role by letting me pick off the few pieces of his strategy he manages to get out
>near the end of the second match play Mikaus the Lunarch, use him to power up my creatures and rape him

"Because Mikaus is such a good card"

well he just fucked you buddy, so maybe you should stop reading online card reviews and start making your own decks so you know how they fucking work, huh? His salt was fucking REAL.
>>
>>49889037
>I refuse to netdeck, consider it essentially cheating
Stopped reading there
kys faggot
>>
>>49889307

>other people playing the game differently than me is bad

Look if you want to netdeck for tournaments, that's fine, but 60% of people at Friday Night Magic are just there to have fun, it's the time to make an interesting deck on your own, not decide you want to rape everyone who is there to have fun.
>>
>>49869880
Was a 4 player casual game, friend brought out his (somewhat rightly) feared monob vampires deck, other 2 players also brought their A game.

As usual I got brought to the brink of death due to my (somewhat deserved) reputation as a abuser of op cards.

Then turn 5
>have 2 geralfs messengers out
>drop nikthos
>drop another messenger followed by gary

33 health gained and 2 players dead, vampires just scooped and called me an asshole "try winning without your op merchants"
>>
>>49890047
if he thinks that's cheap you should see how he likes being turned three Karn'ed
>>
>>49890563
Thats the thing, no one in our inbred pool of a lgc uses planeswalkers let alone karn (except for me using obby nix, and the one other player who plays somewhat competitive decks running some)

Our meta is so bad that I AM THE ONLY PLAYER RUNNING REMOVAL 99% of the time
>>
>>49890047
Kek, I remember the early days of theros where I was still a fairly new player and everyone and their mom played budget mono black devotion in the school library during lunch because they though gary was sooooooo OP. I usually won though because I was getting interested in the comp. Fnm scene and was the only one with desu demons and pack rats.
>>
File: 1468538062626.jpg (8KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
1468538062626.jpg
8KB, 209x241px
>>49889037
>>
>>49889037
yeah, no, you're a retard. "Netdecking" is a part of any competitive card game, and just because you're not playing at a GP or the Pro Tour doesn't mean you should gimp yourself and play shit decks. Kindly commit sudoku.
>>
>>49890808
Yea, my deck is basically that but with some controll elements and demons substituted for nighthawks due to lack of demons, also grave titan is bae
>>
>>49886825
Read Flickerwisp. Read it carefully.
>>
>>49889037
It's not at all cheating.

It is, however, cutting required skill of the game by about 75%
>>
>>49891520
>this
Net decking is admitting you're too bad to build a competitive deck on your own
>>
>>49891520
>>49891760
The actual skill comes from tuning the netdeck to your metagame
>>
>>49889037
nice try deso, how is that constant 1-3/2/2 score at fnm going for you?
>>
>>49889037
sup desolator all your latest vids were pants on head retarded
>>
>>49889384
Depends on the crowd of course, but I actually think that FNMs are far more competitive than the majority of the playerbases.
Something like 70% players never go beyond kitchen table.
>>
>>49891845
Oh wow switching 4-10 cards from the sideboard to main board is soo skill intensive
>>
>>49892225
Oh wow, throwing a bunch of human tribal cards in a deck is soo skill intensive
>>
>>49892225
>Oh wow looking up all the junk wotcs made is soo skill intensive
>>
>>49869880
Why wouldn't I scoop if I'm playing a mono color deck and you play Iona? You just won. I'm not going to keep playing.

Scooping is just admitting defeat.
>>
>>49892263
>Oh wow playing Magic is soo skill intensive
>>
File: IMG_1631-1.png (198KB, 480x246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1631-1.png
198KB, 480x246px
Good time at FNM before Kaladesh was out.

>Game 3 of match 3
>Winner goes into top 4, guaranteed money at my LGS
>Opponent is playing U/B Zombies.
>I was playing tribal spirits back then.

>Opening hand
>3 Spell Quellers
>Port Town and 2 Islands
>Some other irrelevant 7th card
>3 Spell Quellers
>snap keep

>We get to turn 3 and he Tries to play Lilly
>Spell Queller
>Next Turn
>Tries to play To the Slaughter
>Spell Queller
>Next Turn
>Another fucking To the Slaughter
>Spell Queller

>"You seriously had 3 fucking spell quellers and kept? Fuck this"
>Scoops
>mfw

He totally blew me out game 1 and I just barely got game 2 so I was totally expecting to lose that 3rd game but scooping in response to 3 spell quellers is fine by me.
>>
File: 1461801248757.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461801248757.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Fuck Maze's End decks.
>>
>>49888857
Many play two colour decks though and, on average, that's about half your deck completely unusable.
>>
>>49888888
>>
File: 1453699118866.jpg (14KB, 233x270px) Image search: [Google]
1453699118866.jpg
14KB, 233x270px
Nothing will ever reach the uncomfortable vibe as playing against someone who gets consistently flooded or screwed on mana all night. Shit feels like a time bomb.
>guy is obviously already tilted as he goes down to 5 for the 4th time that night
>you keep a god tier hand of 7
>watching him try not to explode in your face as you curve out beautifully and he has one land
>>
>>49891520
>>49891760
>dude, the real way to light a fire is to go out and rub sticks together to try to get a spark
>what, you use matches or a lighter? Way to take all of the skill out of it
>>
>>49893279
>Analogies
Even when you're right you're wrong anon
>>
>>49893279
Actually a more accurate analogy would be to not even tell him how use the sticks
>>
>>49881761
Seth-probably-better-known-as-Saffron-Olive?
>>
>>49889384
>his FNM isn't a tournament with packs/store credit on the line

What a shit FNM you attend
>>
File: 13234_200w.jpg (29KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
13234_200w.jpg
29KB, 200x285px
Playing against a Red/Black Beast deck with my White angel deck.

Play Storm Herd twice for 40 1/1 white Pegasus tokens

Play Iron Tusk Elephant, 3/3 with Trample.

Play Radiant, Archangel, (Which enters play as a 43/43 flying creature)

Next turn, play Concerted Effort

Attack with 42 creatures that have flying and trample, ranging from a 1/1 token to a 44/44 angel, since the elephant can now fly too.

Opponent rage quits.
>>
>>49892364
So why the fuck is anyone bitching about "skill"? If the game requires little to no skill then what's the problem with netdecking?
>>
>>49869880

>playing 4 way
>attack drunk idiot
>fogs
>fine that's fair
>attack another player next turn
>drunk idiot fogs me again giggling like a smug toddler
>I scoop and walk away

That shit gets under my skin so much. I fucking hate when someone saves someone else for no reason other then "for the lukz lol xDdD". It wasn't even a save. It was 5 fucking damage with no effects, and he thought it would be hilarious.
>>
File: 1476462453505.jpg (127KB, 548x614px) Image search: [Google]
1476462453505.jpg
127KB, 548x614px
>when you're sitting next to a guy who is about to go nuclear because his janky R/G Werewolves are just getting outvalued so hard by a coco deck.
>>
>>49891760
I did that several times during standard for mental challenge. And guess what, the decks I came up with were almost the same as pro tour ones sans 10-20%. So kindly fuck off, aggro and midrange arent hard to build, netdecking cuts the building aspect for people that just want to play and that is a good thing.
>>
File: PauperCyborgs 001 (Large).jpg (798KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperCyborgs 001 (Large).jpg
798KB, 2304x1728px
Beat up a Modern player for like 4-5 games straight with Pauper 'Borgs.

Apparently cheap small flyers are broken.
>>
>>49894528
Then why scoop. Laugh at his waste of resources
>>
>>49875358
>here's a recently printed card that can deal with her so why are you complaining about a card that shuts down entire decks

Classic.
>>
File: fuckoff.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoff.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
Playing against a $2000 Karn deck with my $124 Oloro.

Drop pic related.

Guy freaks out about unfair play and leaves.

I didn't even plan this. It's just in there to slow down people who over do it on mana rocks.
>>
>>49895234

Because it's frustrating and in was already in a shitty mood.
>>
>>49895509
You sound like a real good time.
>>
>>49869880
Well, it wasn't a game, but it was in my gaming group.

>Casual EDH with the gang
>Newer guy asks if proxies are okay
>We say sure because fuck actually paying for cardboard
>He comes in with Athreos - Shadowborn Apostle abuse
>"Dude, wtf, we don't build GOOD decks with proxies. You'll start an arms war!"
>"Go on then."
>Next week, me and my mate show up with good decks.
>I use Ghave, Guru of Infinite Combos
>Friend uses Esper Lockdown
>If I don't win by turn 8, friend is the only person playing
>The next week we return to regularly scheduled programming

Starting an arms war almost guarantees someone else has a bigger gun.
>>
>>49873849
Is it nekusar by any chance?
>>
>>49895575

Normally, I'm ok. However, I was on 3 hours of sleep after working 57 hours that week and trying to relax at the card shop after finishing up OT. The player was already annoying as fuck as it was, and that shit just sent me over. Instead of throwing a huge fit, I just scooped and did something else.
>>
File: thada adel.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
thada adel.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>49895318
Why shut down when you can steal?
other than the fact you probably have no island walk enabling cards
>>
>>49892505
I don't mind them.
Only person I know who has one includes it in his "alternate win condition" deck.
It has every single possible alternate win condition that could work in Commander.

He even said he put in Spawnsire of Ulamog, so he could put down a few hundred Eldrazi, then cycle them all back into his deck so he could win with Battle of Wits.
>>
>>49869983
Iona is literally the reason my mono black modern deck splashes white. They either prevent me from killing her, or they prevent me from playing, and I usually have a path in hand because they have no other threats.

I wonder what a reverse Iona would be like. It gets dropped for some significantly cheaper CMC, target opponent chooses a color and can't play any spells that aren't that color.
>>
File: Azuza - Yuuka Kazami.png (1MB, 797x1114px) Image search: [Google]
Azuza - Yuuka Kazami.png
1MB, 797x1114px
>>49888857
>tfw I play monocolor
>tfw by the time Iona hits play, I'm already far ahead in lands, so no need for any more ramp
>tfw Iona doesn't shut me down, since I have four Eldrazi titans, Karn, and artifact-based removal
>>
>>49893821

I don't anymore. I stopped playing magic when the set rotated and lost 90% of my deck, I decided the game wasn't worth the money I was putting into it. Now that I'm older it might be more affordable, but I can't make a weekly commitment to magic and play D&D and do all the other things i want to.
>>
>>49894528

>playing a 4 way
>guy has a strong deck, worried about him
>fog him, he seems kind of serious
>his next turn, he swings on another guy
>I wonder...
>fog, giggle
>he scoops
>Keikaiku
>>
File: 1428369054638.jpg (9KB, 239x250px) Image search: [Google]
1428369054638.jpg
9KB, 239x250px
>>49895832
>playing standard
>>
>>49869948
Fitting flavor text.
>>
>>49895608
>turn 8
>my mtg groups arms race w/o proxies is a turn 4 nightmare
>>
>>49895924
We tend to play low power EDH because we already have somewhat competitive modern and standard.
>>
File: 1475963496730.jpg (52KB, 551x472px) Image search: [Google]
1475963496730.jpg
52KB, 551x472px
>>49895877
>shitting on formats that aren't Frontier
>anno domini 1162+854
>>
>>49896075
shitting on non-vintage/draft formats is perfectly legitimate and entirely justified
>>
>>49896075
>implying that frontier is a format

It's literally a scam made by some weeaboos to sell shit cards
>>
>>49894528
Donald Trump I didn't know you browsed /tg/
>>
>>49869880
I had someone playing Azami wizard tribal in EDH freak out when I dropped pithing needle.

>He casts Azami, I'm like "okay, I'll give him a turn, but if he tap everything then goes 'nobody except me can do shit' I'm needling her"
>He starts turning into exactly that
>had_your_chance.jpeg
>Drop Needle, ask for responses
>"No responses."
>Name Azami
>Cue the freakout

...seriously, if a single card can shut your entire deck down, your deck is not a good deck. At LEAST put some bounce in there, good grief.
>>
>>49896113
>being such a cuck you play vintage

Not even once senpai.
>>
>>49896675
>being so much of a bitch as to ban things because they hurt your feefees
ok kid.
>>
>Playing Jank Esper
>full play sets of each artifact land
>running master transmuters and artifact sphinxs
>get a great lead
>drop shimmer myr and unwinding clock
>now I can do everything I want on everyone's turns
>get tezzeret agent of bolas and ult
>all on turn 6
I wasn't as bad as Mr. 4 Sol Rings. But I dismantled that deck a month later. I want to make sharuum withave all those cards and just have fun again
>>
File: Boi.jpg (70KB, 520x718px) Image search: [Google]
Boi.jpg
70KB, 520x718px
>>49882928
>"what the fuck how am I supposed to kill it"
>Not just removing the aura
>>
File: 1239656888441.jpg (36KB, 241x403px) Image search: [Google]
1239656888441.jpg
36KB, 241x403px
>>49877437
Sounds like someone came down with a case of being-in-the-way-of-a-millennia-old-vampire.
>>
File: YAMERO.jpg (7KB, 302x326px) Image search: [Google]
YAMERO.jpg
7KB, 302x326px
>>49898019
Fuck off Carlos
>>
So, I just got back from FNM, and I am salty.
>draft UB meh-stuff
>get steamrolled match 1 by the 4 color copter/pummeler/key/module goodstuff
>already a little on tilt
>quickly take game 1 off of GW tokens
>game to goes to a board stall
>play my Gonti, get the guys nissa
>he somehow manages to beat the boardstall and win
>go to game 3
>get behind in life, but play gonti stabilize
>quickly take the best from his top 4, and set it aside
>swing with gearseeker serpent unblocked 2 turns in a row
>he finally starts playing stuff on board
>he is at 10 has 2 3 power guys and a balista charger, I have a 5/6 serpent, a 5/4 and a 3/2
>swing in, hope for the best
>he eats the serpent with the charger, trades with the 3/2, goes to 5
>realize I fucked up, my blocker that I planned to play post combat dies to the charger's ping effect
>die on the back swing
>end of game, see a card with his sleeve facedown on my side of the board
>it's the card I got with Gonti
>I completely forgot about it
>flip it up
>MOTHER FUCKING FLEETWHEEL CRUISER
>proceed to REEEEEE internally
>end up 0-3 + a bye the last round
basically, I played myself, I'm still so fucking mad.
>>
>>49880280
Had a guy running mono blue in EDH, 4 way game, cast that on me on his turn 3 and grabbed Vorinclex out of my deck. He then proceeded to durdle us to death over the next 12 turns. Honestly, we should have scooped.
>>
Just got back from FNM, generated a decent amount of salt.
UB control player nukes his graveyard to drop 2 gurmags. Eot, I capsize buyback both of them.
>>
File: really (2) reimu.jpg (138KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
really (2) reimu.jpg
138KB, 850x850px
>>49898928
what format are you playing that sees both gurmags and capsize with 9 or 12 mana?
>>
File: UW tron.png (2MB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
UW tron.png
2MB, 900x1600px
>>49899084
Pauper of course.
>>
>>49885731
I know this is a difficult concept for a friendless autistic virgin like yourself, but when teaching a new game or game mode to a friend, beating them with cheesy or underhanded or unexpected/unexplained rules/combos is a sure fire way to ensure they don't want to play the game a second time.
>>
File: 1389305901982.png (168KB, 380x307px) Image search: [Google]
1389305901982.png
168KB, 380x307px
>>49899198
>Playing Pauper
>Playing Tron
>Playing Pauper Tron
>>
>>49899237
I also have Tortured Existence and UR Blitz put together.
>>
>>49878111
Using the whip to bring back the tree then feed it Ayli - I'm not sure what you think this does.... Even if the tree isn't on the field when the tree's ability resolves, the last known info is that it had 13 toughness. Your opponent would go to 13.
>>
File: PauperTeachings 003.jpg (835KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperTeachings 003.jpg
835KB, 2304x1728px
I found Pauper Teachings can force ragequits quite easily.
>>
>>49870985
Get Gud scrub
>>
>>49896883
>implying vintage has no card restrictions
>unironically calling someone kid as an insult
>being this much of a faggot
kys my man
>>
>play a lot on XMage
>always see games labeled TIER ONE ONLY
>always unrated
>bring in the jankiest shit I can
>Leylines, Cheerios, some of my own shitbrews
>they are almost always playing some tier 2 or worse pile
>once they start losing they become an incredible salt mine
Funny every time.
>>
>>49900869
>niggers don't know the simple joy of counter teachings counter flashback counter ward
>plebians don't love the look on the opponent's face when they realize your wincon is curse of the bloody tome
>they will never get a raging erection as your opponent sits there with a hand full of removal they can't cast

Fuck I love teachings
>>
>testing standard decks on xmage
>run into a lot of creature based decks, eneRGy, wr vehicles, emerge and the likes
>decide to break out mardu reanimator to get some testing with that while no one is playing control
>get in a game, opponent turn 1 prairie stream

Just fuck me up, senpai
>>
>>49902154
Look at it from their perspective. They're probably brewing or trying out a rogue deck, and want to test against the current meta. Then some asshole comes along with some random jank that their deck obviously isn't tuned for.

If they're being obnoxiously sore losers that's one thing, but I can understand a little salt when their opponent blatantly ignores their clearly-stated matchmaking preferences.
>>
>>49902293
If you can't handle bank decks easily, your deck wasn't good to begin with.
>>
>>49902293
>>49902370
*janj
>>
>>49902413
*jank
Fucking autocorrect reeeeeeeee
>>
>>49902370
I think your missing the point anon. Even the most played competitive decks can fold to jank.
>>
>>49902620
Good decks don't fold to Cheerios.
>>
>>49902189
I actually won the game with repeated Evincars.

It felt even cheesier.
>>
>>49881761
I love Grip of Chaos, because it makes Krenko near impossible to kill without wraths or weird removal.
>>
>>49882928
Wing Shards, motherfucker.
>>
>>49885851
>Usually when introducing someone to a new casual format,
Best way to do this is with an untuned tribal deck. Your opponent will feel awesome when you tell them that their mission is to throw fireballs and lightning at a horde of giant spiders.
>>
>>49899501
Exactly, and I got 50 additional life by sacing the tree to ayli. In a grindy game, there's no coming back from that.
>>
>>49895247
>deal with her
it really isnt an appropriate response, look at the mana cost
>>
>>49872847
Got any list?
Volrath seems like a fun commander.
>>
>>49895689
the fact that you're justifying you're incredibly childish actions on a mongolian jerky DIY board speaks for how much of a faggot you are
>>
>>49905039
I'm not that guy, but scooping to a lolsorandom player who messes with the game for shits and giggles is "incredibly childish"? You're really reaching.
>>
>>49900869
looks sweet, what's your sb look like?
>>
File: Kongou7.jpg (88KB, 850x617px) Image search: [Google]
Kongou7.jpg
88KB, 850x617px
>>49905222
I just play for fun with friends, so no SB.

>Even my fully-powered Legacy Lands and MUD lists have no SB for the same reason
>>
File: Mindslaver.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Mindslaver.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Saltiest I've ever been in an EDH game was when this happened. I don't know everything exactly anymore but the gyst of it:

>usual playergroup gets a new player
>plays Patron of the Orochi, his deck is really bad with a ton of draft chaff creatures so we leave him be
>game has gone on for long now but I finally set my plan in motion
>Karrthus player is before me in the rotation, Leyline of Anticipation Mindslaver him, make him cast Karrthus
>Rite of Replication some dragons, steal Karrthus, have a massive army of hasty dragons that can oneshot everyone
>made sure everyone was tapped out, swing for the win
>new player fogs me

Laughs were had but not from me, I had to go take a brisk walk around the block to cool off but in retrospect it's a good memory. The new guy still plays with us
>>
>>49895608
>Athreos Shadowborn
>Good deck
Anon pls.
>>
>>49873747
Was that guy playing a deck based on buffing lands?
>>
>>49905299
Mindslaver is pretty much salt-incarnate.

>play mind slaver against my friend, who has a full boardstate and a giant hand
>blow all his removal on his creatures, waste his counters, intentionally miss the land drop
>swing for the game immediately afterwards through a paper-soft boardstate
>predictably, he loses his shit and needs to go for a walk

It's also not fun when it happens to you, but it's glorious when you pull it off against someone else.
>>
File: hatsune miku00649.jpg (426KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hatsune miku00649.jpg
426KB, 800x600px
>>49870699
>Taking turns is such a dumb deck. Had a buddy who won with it during turns by taking all 5 of them.
>>
File: 1450755394971.gif (4MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
1450755394971.gif
4MB, 344x203px
>>49905299
>>49906052
>opponent plays Worst Fears against me in a casual game
>tfw Im playing aggro Vehicles and I've been holding back to see if I can survive late game versus BW control
>My board is a bunch of THICC 5+power vehicles with trample n shit and the to crew them.
>my hand is just Start Your Engines
>her face in the front
>im in the back
>>
>>49907023
>cast Start Your Engines
>don't swing
>>
>>49904996
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/volrath-the-inneficient/
>>
>>49907685
Exactly what she did. It didnt matter though, she had no removal, so her next turn was effectively nothing, made some tokens and passed. My next turn I swung for 24 trample first strike and she scooped
>>
File: 1476648166099.jpg (1MB, 1024x883px) Image search: [Google]
1476648166099.jpg
1MB, 1024x883px
>>49869880
>Running DnD at LGS
>LGS owner asks me to play in a commander tourny because he needs one more to make an even playing field
>Had just finished a Rafiq deck, it was still really janky
>Round 1 piddle around until I get out a shroud effect for Rafiq, drop him and take out one player the next turn
>He gets bounced
>Rinse and repeat
>Players start focusing on Rafiq, ignoring my other creatures
>End up winning that round
>2nd round and I move to another table
>2nd round starts up, player from first round comes over and tells one of the new players that I'm playing a shitty Rafiq deck and mentions a few of my cards
>Player lays out his commander, Progenitus
>Drops a dual land onto the field first turn, into a soul ring
>I know right away this is going to be a bad game, but I figure I can at least trudge it out
>Progenitus player manages to play Progenitus
>Another player has lethal damage on me, but I have Rout
>I wipe the board
>He starts cursing at me
>He begins to focus only me
>Other players don't care, because the heat is off them
>Progenitus is taunting me, keeps telling me to meet him outside, telling me "what he's going to do to me."
>Everyone else at the table is just staring now
>Owner walks over, asks him to leave
>Progenitus starts blaming me, telling me that he better not see me around here again, "it's his turf"
>Two weeks later I see him again, "Oh hey, what's up Anon?"
>Literally no idea what happened
>>
File: 1392885524114.jpg (41KB, 309x462px) Image search: [Google]
1392885524114.jpg
41KB, 309x462px
To be honest I get pretty salty sometimes in my playgroup
>All my friends netdeck mtg top 8
>I make my own janky deck
>Playing 2 headed dragon
>Lose turn 5 to a bunch of eldrazi while I haven't got out the cards I need yet or they got killed
>"That deck sucks anon stop using it. Why do I have to have you on my team"
>mfw

Alternatively I use my abzan reanimator deck and they get super salty about the seige rhinos as if it's the only reason I won if I did
>>
>>49886853
webcams didn't exist yet, everyone just put their deck next to the keyboard, drew and played what they had on their turn, and typed in what they tapped and played. The only rule was no color-fuckers like Lifeforce (circles of protection were ok), because we often told what colors we would be playing up front.

eventually the guy wrote code to store your deck in advance so that it could be checked, and loaded the list in so that we could virtually draft sealed pack. But Wizards bought him out and he had to shut the thing down.
>>
>>49902702
Evincar's is probably a more legitimate wincon, but for me the smugness that I feel when my opponent is down to two cards in deck and they take their last draw step, sit there for a few moments, then concede is irreplaceable.
>>
>>49911127
>loses the game for his teammate because he plays a deck that can't get going by turn 5, even with a teammate
>refuses to conform to the powerlevel of his playgroup, just plays a bunch of jank and expects everyone to accept it, even when it actively degrades tha quality of the game for all involved

Sounds like you're the shitter here, anon
>>
>>49891882
Holy shit, deso is such a fucking faggot. You can just tell that little bitch scrubs out every week.
>>
>>49895689
What if you just stayed home next time jesus christ
>>
>draft
>turn 2 tinker
>turn 2 sundering titan

i won that game with straight burn
>>
>>49911434

Whats the point of infinite variability in making your deck if everybody just plays the same 8 decks?

Given that choice I'd just not play.
>>
>>49874064
>She doesn't learn how to play the ones she's given.
>She whines whenever anyone targets her for any reason, even if she is massively ahead on board presence.
>She gloats in broken English if she feels like she's got everyone else under her thumb, but will flip on a dime if, say, someone wraths away her board of creatures she's hoarded up because nobody's bothered to attack her whiny ass.
>She's loud, obnoxious and demands everyone cater to her demands, even going so far as to say that people with cats in our LGS need to be banned because she's allergic to cats and even residual fur on their clothes triggers her allergy.

I knew a fedora wearing kid (male) just like this, and I didn't mind playing him had it not been for the fact that when he shuffled your cards it was as if he's trying to rip them apart and bend them forever out of shape.
>>
>>49907703
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/volrath-the-inneficient/
Kek, thanks anon.
>>
>>49895608
But Athreos is fun as heck.
>>
>>49914698
Some people like playing what's strong.

And there is room for rogue decks in most formats, you just gotta be one hell of a deck builder.
>>
Salt on my part that actually made me give up on even trying to get into Modern:

>Played during RTR/JBT standard
>Fave deck was GW Heroic, top 8'd three Game Days with it at an LGS that stopped constructed play with JOU
>Not a t1 standard deck, but fuck it, nobody expects the GW inquisition
>RTR rotates, KTK comes out, I have a bunch of Shocklands
>Notice old Zendikar commons are cheap
>Allies are basically as funny as my Heroic deck
>Go to LGS, ask about Allies as singles and about their Modern night
>Not too serious, just wanting to use my shocklands and play some games
>Players in the shop get so salty about me seriously considering playing a non-t1 modern deck in 'their' meta (8 store regulars who always top 8 without fail in their store)
>"I'm going to have to ask you to leave, anon, you're insulting our regulars"
>Allies proceeds to become the most popular deck there as soon as BFZ comes out
>Fucksake.jpeg
>>
>>49869880
>Be me
>Playing modern with UW control
>"I can't wait to play some fun magic"
>First round barely beat jund, feel great
>Second round lose to tron. Deck is uninteractive as shit and game is shit, but still have sliver of hope for fun next game
>Third round lose to burn. More uninteractive shit brings me down more, but go fuck it, only people left to play against don't care for prize
>Fourth round lose to living end being miserable and depressed the whole time
>Haven't played modern since
>>
File: Glasses.png (327KB, 495x498px) Image search: [Google]
Glasses.png
327KB, 495x498px
>>49916201
>>Playing modern with UW control
>>UW Control
>>"I can't wait to play some fun magic"
>>
>>49916295
He means fun for him, nothing about letting the other person play.
>>
>>49869880
At the Kaladesh prerelease, I played against a Blue-Red deck with the Leviathan and a Chandra. I was playing a growth spell heavy and energy heavy Red-Green deck with a Chandra. We were both 2-1 and $25-50 bucks instore credit was on the line. I got him down to 1 hp and he started burning me with Chandra and removing board presence with the Leviathan, but I topdecked Chandra and dealt 2 damage to his face. He refused to shake hands and made some comment about how winners shouldn't give handshakes which is retarded.
>>
Started off with him being salty, then I became salty as a response to him.

>Playing some casual kitchen table games with some friends
>One guy thinks his antique artifacts deck is hot shit
>I'm playing a blue/green Ooze deck, just because it's fun.
>He keeps going on and on about how shitty our decks are compared to his because his cards are so "OP"
>Play a Predator Ooze and clone it each turn with an artifact that I had.
>He gets a little salty but then decides, "Well, I just won't end my turn. They way you can't do anything, and I win by default."

I started off laughing at him, and considered it a scoop on his part, until he said, "No, I'm serious. I've won." And we all just stared at him.

The audacity of such an idea alone made me want to punch him in his faggy little face.
>>
>>49916125
>Some people like playing what's strong.
And those people are faggots. They don't deserve to enjoy something as customizable and engrossing as a card game.
>>
>have Heartless Hidetsugu and Rakdos, Lord of Riots on the field
>dude was playing lifegain and at 60 life
>activate Hidetsugu
>everything's 30 mana off
>cast Maga, Traitor to Mortals, X=30
>dude flips and accuses me of playing some tier 1 competitive bullshit when he wanted a casual game
>mfw competitive players probably have never even seen a Maga
>>
>>49895608
>Athreos - Shadowborn Apostle abuse
>good deck
what?
>>
>>49905299
>>49907023
>>49906052
I play Mindslaver in literally every EDH deck I make, and Worst Fears in every black deck I make. I just really love the "puzzle" of how to deal the most damage with someone else's cards and actually trying to burn as many resources as possible
>>
>>49898600
The worst part in EDH is you can be sure who is going to have the best creatures and you can be sure that it will be something amazing.
>>
Kaladesh midnight prere:

third match. 2-0 record. Paired down against a guy who went 1-1 - sucks for me cause it reduces my prizing but w/e. Running RUG energy w/ a promo Nissa, he's running WU vehicles or something.

Round 1 he drags his ass doing math on crewing and optimizing attacks. Wins on some Pain Trains but takes a while. Round 2 goes faster, I get the boardbounce skyfish and clear his shit then drop a Nissa. Round 3, time called just as he drops double Pain Train. He's gonna need three swings to kill me but he's only getting two. End of turn 5, asks me to concede, and I refuse - match ends in a draw.

Extend the hand, "Great games" . Shake unreturned. "Ugh I hate losing games I would have won."
"Yup, been there. Limited is rough that way."
"Yeah, especially when your opponent is slow-playing on purpose." , with a glare at me.

This guy's obviously just a salty 3AM piece of shit and this does NOT need to go to a judge so I pack my shit up and head for the prizing. He pissed me off, though, so when I cracked a foil Saheeli out of it I made damn sure he knew whose it was.
>>
>>49916201
Man, you're a douche.
>>
>>49916371
Should have called a judge. That would almost certainly qualify as Unsporting Conduct.
>>
>>49916407
Why don't they? Because they play the game differently than you? People who think like you are the cancer killing this game.
>>
>>49916407
Whut
>>
>>49917060
He left almost immediately after asking about our store's policy on doubling credit rewards if you played FNM. He only got 2 packs as his reward so it was wasted. I let his conduct slide because I was tired and excited for a reward I didn't expect to earn. I'm strictly a Commander and Limited player, so beating that tryhard douche was gratifying. I went 2-0 on him.
>>
>>49916973
>I refuse
There's the real salt.
>>
>playing chaos commander
>drop avacyn, angel of hope, privileged position, platinum angel.
>the other four players scoop.

Admittedly there are ways to deal with it but still, good times.
>>
>>49917519
Why should he concede to his pair-down opponent who obviously slow played game 1?
>>
>>49911192
Sounds like a pretty nice method of playing. But terrible if someone isn't trustworthy.
>>
>>49911127
Then find somebody else to play with. Really, there's people with bad/begginer decks at every store that you could have fun with.

There's nothing worse than playing mutiplayer with your friends and your partner is absolutely shit. I have a guy just like you in my playgroup and it drives me crazy.

>be playing my shitty vampire deck
>my "teammate" is playing artifacts. Not affinity, not artifacts goodstuff, just... some artifact cards
>other players are control and soldier
>manage to swing 15 lifelink when I'm at 4 because they keep focusing their attacks on me, since everyone knows it's piss easy to deal with the other guy whenever
>one of the guy is all tapped out and next in turn in my "teammate" who's at 3 life
>"I swing 1 flying at him"
>"dude can't you do more than that?"
>"I don't have the cards man :^)"

I just scooped after that and went home. It's not that people should HURR WHAT'S WINNING TOURNEYS? THAT'S WHAT I WANNA PLAY. But jesus, respect the powerlevel in your playgroup.
>>
>>49916136
>I'm going to have to ask you to leave, anon, you're insulting our regulars

I honestly doubt anybody would say that unless you're either a complete asshole beforehand or they're borderline autistic with 0 understanding at how to behave socially.

That said, modern players are one of the most insufferable people in this community. You don't believe me, go to any modern general right here on /tg/. Most LGS's are pretty much the same too.
>>
>>49917060
No. People don't need to shake your hand if they don't want to. They don't have to be nice either. All they need to do is not disturb the game with their behavior.
>>
>>49917713
Found the guy from the story
>>
>>49917725
No, I'm not like that. In fact, I despise tourneys because people are so serious and salty all the time.

I kinda like talking through the game and having fun. It doesn't change the fact they are not obliged to treat you well. I mean, they're not your friends and they don't need to be. They just need not be complete assholes.
>>
File: 1425353747817.jpg (255KB, 1200x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1425353747817.jpg
255KB, 1200x1145px
>>49916201

>Second round lose to tron. Deck is uninteractive as shit and game is shit, but still have sliver of hope for fun next game
>Third round lose to burn. More uninteractive shit brings me down more, but go fuck it, only people left to play against don't care for prize
>Fourth round lose to living end being miserable and depressed the whole time

>play a shit deck
>get mad when stomped by good decks
>>
>Prelease
>Both me and my opponent can enter in top 8 if one of us wins
>Opponent is a well known Pro
>I'm a nobody who goes there once every 3 months at best
>Opponent "I tap all my creatures to attack, are you ok with this?"
>Me "Yes?"
>Opponent "Ok, burn spell to your face, I win?"
>Me "No? fog"
>Opponent "Hey, you can't go back, you say you were ok with me attacking with all my creatures"
>Me "Yes, but the combat fase didn't end, I didn't even recieve damage yet"
>He proceeds to call judge
>Judge says I'm right
>Guy is so salty he proceeds to stall game with long as fuck turns to force tie and removing me from chances of getting into top 8 even with judge in front of us
>>
>>49916136
>>>Players in the shop get so salty about me seriously considering playing a non-t1 modern deck in 'their' meta
>>Allies proceeds to become the most popular deck there as soon as BFZ comes out

Things that never happened: the greentext.
>>
File: 676.gif (543KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
676.gif
543KB, 200x200px
>Playing gifts with thopter/sword combo
>Its a shit control deck but I find it fun
>Going all out with time sieve for infinite turns
>Take it to modern FNM for the first time
>Game 1
>Young-ish kid on some 5-colour humans list
>Get beat the fuck up in the first few turns, but manage to stall long enough to drop foundry/sword combo
>"Wait...so that's 1 mana to gain a life and make a 1/1 flyer?"
>"Yeah."
>Grumbles something about it being bullshit but carries on playing
>Whatever
>Manage to stonewall long enough against his humans, he can't get through the thopters to hit me
>Untap, draw, thirst for knowledge on my main phase and get lucky, draw into a time sieve
>Drop the sieve
>"And I sacrifice five thopters to take an extra turn."
>"Is that infinite?"
>"WOW WHAT THE FUCK ANON"
>"Fuck control, fuck this game, I'm done."
>>
>>49918353
sad for the kid
>>
>>49917877
The judge didn't call slow play?
>>
>>49889384
>Look if you want to netdeck for tournaments, that's fine, but 60% of people at Friday Night Magic are just there to have fun
Factually incorrect.

Every single deck I run into at FNM is running a common meta deck archetype. Now granted, people put their own spins on it (one guy was running 4-color Jund, I was running 8 seas Merfolk pure tribal, etc), but the majority of people in Modern FNM are not there playing pet.dek.

And that's the "casual" store. There's "PPTQ/SCG-prep" about 10 minutes away.
>>
>>49902630
Good *hands* don't fold to Cheerios. Cheerios is the definition of greed and against them, you're always in the Control position
>>
>>49904684
granted if they got an Iona out, you usually can get that out as well. Unless they are playing lots of silly shenanigins.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
>playing Merfolk with Sea's Claim
>been playing with it for some time, but GPT popularity is a thing now
>made it a pure tribal pet deck kind of thing
>all foiled out, with a few more competitive options at hime
>take it to FNM, pretty competitive scene
>end up slaughtering Jund in round one, fair and fun

>go up against a fat guy on Tron in Round 2
>start with Aether Vial, then a Spreading Seas turn 2
>start to see the scowling on his face
>I've cockblocked his turn 3 Tron
>and drew a second Sea's Claim in my hand
>play both Sea's Claims next turn, leaving him with a bunch of Islands
>"Are you fucking serious?"
>Look at him with a raised brow, but don't say anything.
>He just sighs, playing more Tron lands as I whittle him down with a Cursecatcher and Lord
>play a second Spreading Seas, draw my third on the top-deck and play it
>His hand slams the table "Are you fucking kidding me?"
>starts scooping up his cards, doesn't even side deck as we go into game two

>Game 2
>He plays land go
>I play Island Sea's Claim
>he froths as he scoops
>"fucking bullshit metagame netdecking piece of shit broken deck"
>slamming chairs into each other and waddles outside

It may be a tougher deck to play without removal, but land-hating tri-colors and tronfags is the best feeling there is.
>>
>>49919316
Cheerios folds to itself half the time.
>>
>>49919552
merfolk and especially 8seas is great but boy I can't stand Nikachu in his vids, he has such an air of infinite smugness over him
>>
>>49919949
He makes alright content, but I prefer him more for the gameplay, since I don't want to shell out for digital cards on MTGO.

He needs to do more primers for cards. I dislike his monthly 'secret tech' videos because like you said, he thinks he's right. and is smug about it.

Merfolk Joe is doing a better job of stuff like that in my opinion. I just wish he'd get off Cockatrice and free magic programs for gameplay videos.
>>
>FNM. innistrad-RTR standard
>playing RB zombies against bant midrange
>game 3, and he cannot draw a thragtusk
>he stabilizes after destroying my field, and has a ton of shit out but only 3 life
>i'm topdecking on my turn and say: "burn spell?"
>topdeck brimstone volley
>he gets extremely mad
>throughout the rest of the fnm he acts passive-aggressively toward me every chance he gets

What a weak faggot. Did he expect me to not play my spell?
>>
>Play a caustic caterpillar activate it to kill a top
>He spins top and puts it on top of his library
>Activate Thoughtpicker Witch sac itself and pick the dude with the top
>Exile the top

I did something else later when he attacked me. I think I used a grave pact to wipe his board on his next turn then he scooped. Guy just plays anti-fun commander decks like Mogis and infect.
>>
>>49920059
this is the ultimate form of faggottry to me

Like that you get salty for a moment and walk off ok, but realize you were in the wrong instead of holding onto it for the entire evening
>>
>>49920078
You're the faggot, dude.
>>
File: Toxic Deluge_EMA.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Toxic Deluge_EMA.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>49917523
Every black deck ever for a reason
>>
>Meet two guys and play magic with him for awhile, we play pretty casually and I usually go easy on them because one of them gets pissy if they get beat too hard
>Invite me to play magic with some of their other friends
>They are all insufferable stereotypical magic players.
>Set up this 3v3 shared life coordinated turn game they have planned out
>Guy talks shit about how amazing phage is and how if it hits our team we'll all lose
>They apparently do this shit all the time where they set up games around getting this guy to use Phage and beat the other team
>Grab a pretty shitty deck based on damage redirection
>Just tell my friends to let them do whatever BS they do
>Reflect damage on the untargetable unblockable phage
>The tears could of broken the drought in California.

The worst part was trying to explain that choosing a damage source was in fact not targeting. I hope they never changed that, I haven't played since Alara
>>
File: PrecureWhat.jpg (71KB, 376x639px) Image search: [Google]
PrecureWhat.jpg
71KB, 376x639px
>getting upset at commander/edh
>getting upset at multiplayer
>getting upset at kitchen table/JFF games

doushite
>>
>>49919552
>fair and fun
>Playing 1 mana LD is "fair"
Kill yourself
>>
>>49919552
You did good. Fuck Tron.
>>
>>49881761
I have found my brother.

I'm on Jhoira and it's fucking hilarious landing down Knowledge Pool and Arcane Laboratory together, no one gets to play the game but me.
>>
>>49921727
I see you're in the right thread.
>>
>>49921727
>implying turning a land into an island is anywhere near LD
>>
Playing EDH with my buddies. Had deadeye navigator in my hand and blue suns zenith. I told my friends "guys, if I draw palinchron, I win the game." And they are like "yeah you won't draw it." So my turn comes around and I draw him and I'm freaking out. I play him and my friends all get super salty. They refuse to believe I played fair. They think I cheated. They didn't want me to continue playing the game. So I scooped all my cards and threw my deck right in my friends face. All 100 cards. I was extremely salty. I swear I drew him without cheating. :(
>>
>>49922176
were your friends too stupid to counter it or something?
>>
>>49922176
If your friends think you cheated in a game with no prizes, there are two possible reasons:
>your friends think that you are the kind of person who would do that
>your friends are salty dicks
It seems like both from where I'm standing desu SENPAI.
>>
>>49922176
>throwing your own precious deck
>not picking up your deck then flipping the table
>>
>>49922251
They do this thing where they keep one land hands because they have a sol ring and they expect to draw land. with that being said they were mana fucked and I'm not entirely sure if they could counter. They were more salty thinking that I cheated than they were with the idea of losing the game.
>>
I won turn three in a 4 man edh as Yisan by dropping the behemoth. They said it was unfair and told me to switch decks, so I borrowed a Meren deck from my asshole friend and locked them out of playing creatures by turn five and tormented them slowly.
>>
>Vintage
>turn one strip mine and crucible
>two games in a row
>>
>>49923730
Vintage is a meme format. I don't see how anyone can be salty over it. I mean what did you exoect?
>>
>>49921727
Merfolk is probably one of the most fair decks in the competitive metagame right now.

If turning a land into an island is "unfair" I wonder what enlightened opinion you have on Thoughtseize and Inquisition
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.