[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human Senate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 24

File: 5.jpg (253KB, 1600x996px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
253KB, 1600x996px
My fellow humans,
As you are already aware, our great and just Republic of Sol elected to remain neutral in the war between the Glorbulan Empire and the Zorblax Confederacy. Unfortunately, that neutrality has been jeopardized in a way that requires a response from us.

After the battle in the Eagle-221 Sector, the lone surviving Zorblaxian ship limped away, heavily damaged, to the nearby human Beta-Gamma System. The captain begged the local governor for humanitarian aid--forgive the pun--since his crew was dying of leaked radiation. The governor disobeyed standing orders and allowed the ship to enter his spacedock for enough repairs to get it mobile and un-irradiated again. We still don't know how, but the Glorbulans learned about this, entered the system, and blew up the spacedock before leaving, all without responding to hails. Seven-hundred human dockworkers, eighty human soldiers, and two-hundred Zorblaxians were lost, as were the Zorblaxian ship and eight human ships under repair or construction.

Many are already of the opinion that we should enter the war on the side of the Zorblaxians, but I must remind the Senate that almost 30% of our starship fuel is derived from trade with the Glorbulans. That said, we can't do nothing without looking weak and ineffective. I open the floor to discussion of a reasonable, calculated response.
>>
We must spill the blood of the Glorbulans to avenge our brothers and sisters, take their fuel depots and capture key resource planets.
>>
>>49868051

I propose the introduction and enforcement of strict reductions on Glorbulan access to Human space. Civilian traffic is to be prohibited, while merchants and traders shall be permitted only with proper paperwork and exclusively for the prearranged transport of cargo into or out of our borders. Military vessels will be met with a single warning to depart our territories immediately, followed by an overwhelming show of force should they fail to comply.

This is far more than the Glorbulans gave those poor souls aboard the Beta-Gamma spacedock.
>>
File: 1475958524764.jpg (563KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475958524764.jpg
563KB, 1920x1080px
With all due respect, Senator, the choice is obvious. Regardless of whether or not the governor disobeyed orders to aid the refugees, an attack on our colonies and our systems cannot go unanswered. The Glorbulans have not only broken neutral accords with the Republic, they've insulted our sovereignty, attacked military personnel who only followed orders, and murdered innocent civilians, civilians who the populace demand be avenged. Their refusal to respond to hails by our military fleets and their unwillingness to speak for themselves in this matter only confirms that they see us as beneath their notice. Trade treaty or no, I formally request that the Senate consider passing a declaration of war upon the Glorbulan Empire so we may prove to the galaxy that we will never allow ourselves to be threatened.
>>
>>49868118

Furthermore, I propose that we institute a new protocol for handling those cases of pleas for assistance that may arise from both the Glorbulan and Zorblaxian forces. It is my recommendation that in the event a vessel belonging to one of these two warring factions' militaries enters our space, in need of immediate medical or technical assistance, we submit to them the proposal that they surrender themselves to this council as prisoners of war en potentia in exchange for being permitted to deboard their craft in our territories and receive aid sufficient to quell any life-threatening conditions. Their craft will be impounded or scuttled, while passengers will be held in humane detention facilities until their release is negotiated.
>>
>>49868051
>He believes in the senate
Weaklings! The true leader of humanity will crush you! HAIL ZARN!
>>
>>49868161
And where does the fuel for your military actions come from Grand Marshal? Need I remind the Senate that 30% of our overall fuel expenditures is not an insignificant amount. Cutting us off will result in our supplies dangerously low, and not even your ships, Grand Marshal, can run on rhetoric alone.
>>
Mister Han sir, I went to get your espressor but the espresso machine is broken and the cantine on Deck 34b is closed for maintenance so I-

Oh, I didn't realize you were busy.
>>
>>49868161
I second Marshall Sargon in calling for war, as I did three years ago when we voted to maintain neutrality. It is with a heavy heart that I find myself proven right when I said that the Glorbulans' expansionist agenda and disregard for sentient life would soon begin to threaten Republican space.
>>
>>49868280
The Glorbulans may be inhumane and all, but this isn't just any war between Glorbulans and Zorblax. It's a bloodfeud that has spanned a time period longer than the entirety of written human history. The governor is at fault for accepting Zorblax refugees into our midst.
>>
>>49868261
Looks like someone hasn't heard of Psychic energy based propulsion drives.
I'm sure the benevolent Confederacy would be willing to sell us some should we align ourselves with them in the war.
>>
File: scifi15.png (3MB, 900x890px) Image search: [Google]
scifi15.png
3MB, 900x890px
>>49868161
While I am loathe to agree with the Marshall, the Glorbulans have proven time and time again that the Empire holds no regard for the difference between civilians and soldiers. They are a purely martial people, service in their military being compulsory for citizenship, and solely motivated by loyalty to their Emperor. If he has not sent diplomatic envoys yet, then I doubt he means to. That said, I cannot recommend a declaration of offensive war, at least not without securing a formal alliance with the Zorblaxians or perhaps granting them protectorate status. The First Speaker of the Confederacy would certainly be willing, if we agreed to meet under formal circumstances, according to their traditions. We gave his people shelter, and by tradition of guest right, he must at least answer.
>>
Why don't we just beat both their kumquat-shaped alien heads together and tell these yahoos to get along before we have to put on our boots and stomp them a new mudhole in those sacks of jelly they call a pelvis?
>>
>>49868345
Yes, the secret to Zorblax psychic energy drives. Of which that has never been given to any of the Zorblax client races or their allies. Forgive me if I remain skeptical of a Zorblax Empire giving up a major advantage against other races, including us.
>>
>>49868051
why does every high-ranking official with a military background look like a cross between josh brolin and jeff bridges in every fucking setting
>>
What if we like, demand an apology and leave it at that
>>
there is no one scenario that will solve all our problems. if we don't respond with enough strength, this weakens our already shaky reputation on the galactic stage, what with the senate of 2258 deciding to remain an independent union in opposion of joining in the greater Galactic Council. too much and we over commit to a war that, until today, we had no reason to join in on either side with no benefits, either tangible or intanigible. the people will cry for blood, but with no alternative source of fuel without dipping into the strategric reserves (which would only hold us over for a few years, which is nowhere near enough time to end this decades old conflict) we would quickly be short of resources should we presume an aggressive campaign.

if war is to come, i would advise merely pushing in from our borders with the glorbulans, and focusing on taking and holding the Tau-Ceti, Tessa-3, and Mida systems, and hold those systems. Tau-Ceti is strategically important due it lying on a nexus of warp lanes, and far enough away from the current fronts that any division of their forces would leave them open to Zorblaxian offensives from the east. the Tessa system has untapped Thorian reserves to mitigate our fuel costs post war, and Mida allows us to open up a quick route to the Zorblaxian front for them to move though.

our stratergy should be aggressively defensive, holding onto those few systems we take and not allowing the globulans an inch. they can't come for our main systems from south without complelty destroying their lines, and our WarNet will keep any offensives they do use against us in check.

this thread makes me realize i have a supreme lack of sci-fi and modern looking humans. can you guys help out?
>>
>>49868426
Shut it Ted. Before I throw you out the Senate. From the roof.
>>
>>49868261
Austerity is a virtue, Senator. When I was a captain serving in the Cyggan Border Conflict and my men manned the archipelago batteries that crushed their fleets, we boiled the toxic kelp out of sea slugs by the dozen just for a sip of fresh water. Our people will survive a fuel shortage so long as we make our conflict swift, decisive, and final.

>>49868280
Your support is appreciated, Senator. But if the rest of our honored representatives are feeling squeamish, then I at least recommend establishing demilitarized zones at our borders.
>>
KOTH, CHIEF REPRESENTATIVE TO THE TRIBAL COUNCIL OF J'THO AND RILIX OF THE EASTERN TRIBELANDS OF THE GREAT CONTINENT OF LITH, URGES TINY SENATORS TO HAVE COMPASSION FOR XENO RACES, AS THEY ARE TINY TOO AND EASILY CRUSHED. KOTH REMINDS TINY SENATORS OF OUR OBLIGATION TO NURTURE HUMAN-XENO RELATIONS SO THAT THE UNIFIED SPECIES INITIATIVE CAN HARVEST THEIR BEST GENETIC CODE TO AUGMENT HUMANS INTO BETTER SPACEFARERS.
>>
>>49868437
Fine bro, we go kill like 700 of theirs and call it settled
>>
>>49868510
Ted, are't you supposed to be mediating a trade between the Federation and Hagemnoy right now?
>>
>>49868451

I propose declaring an honor duel with the Glorbulan Emperor to settle our disputes.
>>
File: nazipatrick.jpg (8KB, 250x216px) Image search: [Google]
nazipatrick.jpg
8KB, 250x216px
>>49868051
if the Zorblaxians had not entered our system this would not have happened. They willingly endangered human lives by entering neutral space.
cease all trade with zorblaxia, and see how they like not recieving human aid. The blood of our people is on their hands
>>
You politick fellers going to be here much longer? Only I got to sweep up all the crumbs you lot leave behind every time a'fore I can get back home to the missus.

Okay I lie, I dont have a missus. I gots something better! A tv.
>>
>>49868451
Pray tell, Grand Marshall. Do you have any inkling the amount of Thorium we consume on a daily basis? On why the Senate has time and time again voted neutrality in between the Glorbulans and the Zorblaxians? Let me enlightened you on how much damage a thirty percent reduction in our fuel supply would cause. A declaration of war today would a 30% hike in basic food prices. Our market crashes as fuel prices continue to increase, on the first week. The first month, all of our colonization projects halted. Within the year, our economy is in shatters, and we would all be a slave race of the Glorbulans.
>>
>>49868577
now, now senator, you over-exagerate. while the 30% cut would be detrimental in the short term, we are perfectly capable of bouncing back in 5 years had we gone with the plan proposed 15 years ago to expand into the Skyllian verge instead of west towards the rest of 'civilized' space. the strategric reserves are more than enough to hold us over for 2 years while we, to put it bluntly, 'bum rush' the fuel in the Verge to compensate for those lost with the Glorbulans.

and do you have so little faith in the Grand Marshal and his Navy? even without the WarNet, the Glorbulans would not have the strength right now to fight both us and the zorblaxians, and doing so if foolish in the extreme
>>
>>49868577
This sounds like some Glorbulan sympathizer talk if you ask me.
>>
File: 1467503779019.jpg (350KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1467503779019.jpg
350KB, 1920x1200px
>>49868577
We are already held hostage, Senator. If we do not strike, we allow ourselves to be held at the economic mercy of the imperialist aliens who have violated our sovereignty and seek expansion. We have one opportunity, here and now, to strike at the Glorbulans while their back is turned. You said it yourself, their feud with the Zorblaxians is ancient and so their tactics have remained brutish and merciless, but predictable. If the Senate will condone military action, I will utilize the Hyperwave Gate Project. While unfinished, the gateway could be used to send a strike fleet directly to the Glorbulan Imperial capital. From there, I will personally lead a coup to depose or kill the Emperor himself. Shock and awe. Swift and finite. Blitzkreig. With the threat removed and our thorium supplies firmly in our grasp, we move from fragile, wounded republic to a galactic superpower.

Senators, this is our only opportunity. Take it.
>>
>>49868649
Yes, because thanks to your idiotic war against the Techno-Barbarians of the CIS, our strategic stockpiles have dwindled to less than 50%! And with our military penchant for setting nebulous objectives, I fail to see how do we resolve this crisis without it becoming our ruin.
>>
>>49868743
The respected Senator Hugh-Mann should retract his statement. You know very well what they did to my family.
>>
>>49868834
I do know what was done to your family, and that's why I find it outrageous that you take such a soft stance against the empire.
>>
>>49868051
While I agree with Marshall Sargon's plan of active retaliation, I must propose a different plan. Senator Aphelio as remind us of our reserves however I believe that a direct confrontation with the Glorbulans to be very dangerous. Having been a diplomat for them I know of their military philosophy of "No sacrifice to high". If Sargon would were to directly attack them he would most likely gain the upper hand at first ,but they would likely crash their own ships into to him to ensure he stays off the planet. A war with them would be very draining as they would never let themselves be captured and are likely to commit suicide attacks when they begin to lose. I propose we ask for a apology at first and a little compensation, and when we have sorted our reserves and planned out, we strike them with fast guerrilla tactics that make use of our warp jumps to pick apart their forces. Underhanded I know ,but the Glorbulans may take advantage of us if we appear we to them
>>
FUCK THE GLORBULONS!!!

99789/11 NEVER FORGET

GAS THE GLORBS

REMEMBER THE GLOBUMO

KILL ALL GLORBULONS

R E P U G N A T E
>>
File: 1476410783886.jpg (300KB, 711x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1476410783886.jpg
300KB, 711x1100px
>>49868432
Some character art to keep the thread alive
>>
File: scifi3.jpg (73KB, 748x1069px) Image search: [Google]
scifi3.jpg
73KB, 748x1069px
>>49869120
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 205x246px
I would propose another alternative, now we all now the danger of getting ourselves stuck into this nasty blood feud between these filthy xeno scum and why should we when they are so obviously willing to kill each other?

I propose that we send covert aid in resources and training, both of which will be blacklisted and expendable, to the recently subjugated races of the Kartun, Bakel, and Slackelish in the sectors of Tai, Zeta, and Bacchus. With a nudged these xeno will rise up in revolt against the Glorbulan Empire as they have done in the past time and again. This method leaves this Grand Republic safe from any sort of backlash while still insuring that the Gorbulans suffer for their arrogance.

It also allows should things go smoothly us to take more overt action further down the line setting us up as senior member in an alliance with these races, should they succeed of course.
>>
File: scifi4.jpg (158KB, 1305x612px) Image search: [Google]
scifi4.jpg
158KB, 1305x612px
>>49869130
>>
File: scifi16.jpg (172KB, 725x1000px) Image search: [Google]
scifi16.jpg
172KB, 725x1000px
>>49869140
>>
File: scifi17.jpg (128KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
scifi17.jpg
128KB, 636x900px
>>49869150
>>
File: scifi21.jpg (129KB, 1161x1600px) Image search: [Google]
scifi21.jpg
129KB, 1161x1600px
>>49869155
>>
File: scifi22.jpg (532KB, 640x732px) Image search: [Google]
scifi22.jpg
532KB, 640x732px
>>49869168
>>
File: scifi36.jpg (126KB, 561x750px) Image search: [Google]
scifi36.jpg
126KB, 561x750px
>>49869177
>>
File: scifi37.jpg (612KB, 720x1200px) Image search: [Google]
scifi37.jpg
612KB, 720x1200px
>>49869186
>>
File: 1454611512166.jpg (21KB, 240x182px) Image search: [Google]
1454611512166.jpg
21KB, 240x182px
>>49869138
no
>>
File: 1475958524765.jpg (545KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475958524765.jpg
545KB, 1920x1080px
>>49869138
Naval Intelligence would certainly relish the opportunity, Chairman, and we have shortage of operatives willing and able to arm and train such insurgencies. However, I must once again insist that we make a more overt show of force. If only for the sake of saving face. If our borders are seen as weak and penetrable, we invite more attacks from recidivists, pirates, and other alien threats.
>>
Y'all best be reading this with an Ethiopian accent.

Senators, it is ancient law, dating back to the oldest sailing traditions of Earth, that ship crews have a legal and moral obligation to help distressed vessels and crew. This law is not unique to our species, but can be found in the laws of Zorblax, and Glorbula, and in every other species that we have contact with. It is a universal constant, a common understanding of sapient beings, that we shall not surrender lives to the sea willingly, and we treat the vast ocean of outer space no differently.

The standing orders to which Senator von Humanus referred have been contested by the Supreme Judiciary as being against the Articles of the Republic, contested for this very reason. A ship in distress, not engaged in hostile action against us, must be rendered aid. The governor of Beta-Gamma acted in a way that is both moral and legal.

The Glorbulans did not, nor did they even try to enter into negotiations. They attacked a ship in distress, badly wounded, and killed not only enemies who could no longer fight back, but also an uninvolved race.

Our space naval force is roughly comparable to that of the Glorbulans in terms of size and ability, and we have not endured years of war as they have. With the aid of Zorblax, I have every confidence that we can bring a war to a swift conclusion, even as we diversify our starship fuel sources by negotiating with foreign powers.

Those with the power to do good have a moral responsibility to do good, not just for themselves, not just for their people, but for all people. The Glorbulans cannot be allowed to continue their campaign of conquest across the stars.
>>
>>49869265
Side note, it is damn near impossible to find futuristic-dressed Black people.
>>
>>49869223
Why Senator Aphelion?

>>49869232
Perhaps both? I found the esteemed Senator Anons >>49868432 proposal rather intriguing. Using a combined method of a formidable defensive war while inciting insurgents at home the stress may be what pushes the Glorulan to the brink.
>>
File: 1475958524766.jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475958524766.jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
>>49869265
Well spoken, Senator. The Republic must stand with solidarity against this alien threat, military and civilian, government and religion, man, woman, and child. With a majority vote, and the support of yourself, a mandate from the Supreme Judiciary, and the Head of External Affairs, we will begin the opening operations to see this war brought to a swift and decisive end.
>>
>>49868993
My wife and daughters were caught in a Glorbulan attack on a Zorblaxian tourist planet. So yes, Senator. I do very much want us to strike at the Glorbulans. But not at the cost of a Phyrric Victory.
>>
>>49869232
>>49869380
General, surely you're not contemplating a full offensive? while your skills as and Admiral and those underneath you are commendable, and as Tesgaye as said our numbers are comparable, a full offensive is untenable and leaves us to open on the fringe worlds in the verge from raiders and pirates, giving them free access to raid the vital shipping needed to support the outer colonies. the Zorblax are already engaged in a total war front with the Glorbulans, and they have devoted everything to their offensive. no one has pushed them since it has remained a purely local and small scale war in the greater scheme of the galaxy. if we went for a full offense, this would give other governments casus beli to join the glorbulans and assault us.

while the greater majority of the galaxy finds the glorbulans distasteful, we are technically a rogue state. we've maintained our independence by staying mostly out of they way and being just not worth the effort to bring to heel since our industry coupled with the WarNet gives us a tactical edge. if we go full scale, we might see the end of the Union and a self governing entity.

>>49869353
of course i agree with myself, but the arming of insurgents is a long process and can be traced back to us. destabalizing a government though proper warfare is all well and fine, but doing it through rebels never ends well. we merely have to look to the Zendil and Targus for evidence.
>>
>>49869408
The threat of pirates and raiders of which you speak is known by the Senate to be minimal, and well within the capacity of our systems police forces to deal with. An upswing in pirate activity will only result in an upswing in pirate arrests.

Let us not play the political game now, Seantor Aphelion. Lives are at stake, not reelection campaigns.

I do not propose we fight the Glorbulans alone. We shall petition the Galactic Council for aid in our war effort. But even if every member of that body elects to not join in the war, it is a war that must still be fought.

The greater majority of the Galactic Council's member nations are democracies, as we are. I cannot imagine a way for their leaders to justify a war to their peoples when our entry into the Glorbulan-Zorblaxian conflict is in response to a direct attack against us which itself flies in the face of all internstellar law governing warfare.
>>
>>49869476
Petition the Galactic Council. Esteemed Senator, surely you must joking. We've rejected the Council and so far only managed to survive because of our neutrality.
>>
I propose we fund my fr-pirates and rebels operating in their sectors, this'll allow us to weaken them without expanding our own fuel.
>>
File: 1475958524767.jpg (34KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
1475958524767.jpg
34KB, 590x332px
>>49869408
And how long must we suffer this lowly designation? Are we animals in a cage? To be prodded and left scraps? No. We are humans.

It is a matter of public record that I rose to my position as Grand Marshal from our gene warrior cloning program. My name was not a name, it was a designation. The program to this day was considered controversial and inefficient, yet I fought every step of the way, on and off the field of battle, not just to prove myself the equal of any true born human, but to elevate and excel, to be the best I could be so that our great Republic could be the best it could be.

Some call me a warmonger. Some call me a fascist. But I am a soldier, first and foremost, Senator. I was made with one purpose; to win wars. Not only do I contemplate an offensive, I look forward to it.
>>
File: pharaon.jpg (643KB, 1000x1961px) Image search: [Google]
pharaon.jpg
643KB, 1000x1961px
>>49868577
>>49868432
>>49868345
>>49868261

Ok, I know what I sound like right now, but do you know what would get us out of this mess ? The Astaari dominion. They have more thorium than they need, and I am not even speaking of hydrogen right here.

I mean, if we set apart this whole "Breeding other sentient races" thing, which, I agree, is awful, they are literally the best option available. I have contacts, I could arrange some agreement with them.

I mean, most of the other empires would groan, but it is definitely worth it. Plus, you haven't seen how their brain-engineered warriors fight. I's so horrific it's beautiful.
>>
>>49869514
So, enlighten us Grand Marshal. What is the win conditon for a war for the loss of a shipyard and a third of our fuel supplies?
>>
>>49869578
We win if they lose 2 shipyard and 31% of their fuel.
>>
>>49869499
Yes, and where has that Autarky Movement gotten us, Senator? Into a position where thirty percent of our starship fuel comes from a reprehensible empire that would attack wounded vessels and a neutral race involved in basic rescue as mandated by interstellar law.

I do not propose we join the Council, but our attempts to attain autarky have clearly failed. In this moment we have a legal and moral justification for a declaration of war against the Glorbulans. Petitioning the Council gives them a legal and moral justification for doing the same. And when the war has ended we will have gained favor with the Council and will be in a better position to diversify our resource requirements.

But make no mistake, this is not simply an economic or political ploy. This is a matter of morality. Learning that we must always act, must unify in defense of the defenseless, and must respond immediately to gross ethical and moral transgressions by other nations is a lesson that took Africa a very long time to learn. How many lives could have been saved had the nations of Earth acted quicker against Mugabe? Qaddafi? Oluwaremilekun?

My case is made by the annals of history. We must act now, or be cursed as ineffectual cowards for the remainder of history. Truly, it is better that our children might someday ask "why didn't you stay out of it?", for it would be far worse should they ask, "where were you when you were needed?"
>>
File: 1445740216142.jpg (90KB, 1000x1389px) Image search: [Google]
1445740216142.jpg
90KB, 1000x1389px
If I may make a request, gentlemen, to a small piece of clarification.

Has the Glorbulan Empire claimed responsibility for the Beta-Gamma station attack? Or could the attack have been perpetrated by an over-zealous and old-fashioned Battleship captain?

If the empire had made no orders to attack, and have internally dealt with the attackers for their extreme behavior, would that ease your battle-lust any, Grand Marshall Sargon?
>>
>>49869476
The Council? You honestly expect those, well, people is being a little generous, to help us? sure, the'll help us, right into disbanding the union and 'having the privilege of joining the Council'. yes the majority might be democracies, but the glorbulans have the clout to block any attempts to seek aid. they don't have to do anything, which is exactly what the Council is good at, and sweep in to 'save' us and the Zorblaxian from Glorbulan 'aggression'. i understand the federation has a long history of humanitarian effort, aid, and always ensuring the good will of our species is seen on the galactic stage, and you may be right with the old earth nations. but the Council is absolutely not the right option and will never be the right one when it comes to humans and as long as i am still a Senator

>>49869514
Grand Marshal. im not saying that we capitulate and do nothing to hold onto our little slice of space we have carved out with blood and sweat. im saying we should use what we have in the best way, and a full offense is not the way. play to our strengths, which has always been defensive warfare. take and hold, consolidate and expand. our system fortifications, WarNet and defensive installations are what has allowed us to keep our independence. don't throw away our best advantages. take Tau-Ceti, Tessa and Mida. hold them, and when the Zorblax pick away at the Glorbulans, we can hold onto those systems to make up for the loss of fuel from losing trade with the Empire
>>
>>49869265
I agree completely with the Senator from the E.A.F. we must present our selves as being on the moral high ground to the galaxy. We are already looked at with suspicion due to our refusal to join the greater galactic community.

>>49869514
I do not doubt the Grand Marshals credentials and believe with his leadership and those below him coupled with the WarNet and aid from the Glorbulans enemies victory is not only feasible but a very real prospect.

>>49869408
The actions of the Xarxes Corporation in the Zendil and Targus incident was foolish, we must simple be willing to step in and insure that our support extends with the rebels in victory. Aiding them in rebuilding a, pro-Human, functioning government. Rather than simply cutting off all of our support once our immediate needs are over. As for the trail back to us, I assure you Senator the agents belonging to the Office of Naval Intelligence is more than capable of delivering full results with maximum deniability on our end.
>>
File: 1475958524768.jpg (317KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475958524768.jpg
317KB, 1280x720px
>>49869628
>>49869652
Until the Glorbulan Emperor himself steps down from his lofty throne and claims either responsibility or innocence, I will do as any good soldier does and prepare for war. Senators, the whole might of Sol and myself stand at the ready. You need only the strength and conviction to use them. Now, if you'll excuse me.
>>
>>49869652
A purely defensive war against an empire as large as the Glorbulans is bound for failure, senator. They would be major gains for us but the lost to the Empire is a minor one, particularly since they hold no industrial centers of note.

As for Glorbulan clout, current polling among the Council shows that it is strongly against the Glorbulan action in Beta-Gamma. In this moment we have an opportunity to capitalize on this, but it will not last - next week the Stellar Net feeds will be back to focusing on Miss Universe and the Reebo and Zooty show.
>>
>>49868261
Then we can create new trade with the Zorblax to cover our losses !
My friends, keep in mind that this is also a great opportunity to obtain Glorbulan planets that provide starship fuel, which will make humanity independent when it comes to supply !
>>
>>49869708
I hope for all our sakes Grand Marshal Sargon, that your preparation doesn't act before we have come to a decision. But we will take your statements under advisement.

>>49869712
No war we have ever fought is ever purely defensive Tsegaye. I'm sure the grand marshal can inform you about the numerous times this tactic has been employed successively. after the initial gains, we dig in and move out again when each system is capable of fighting off any small fleet. the three initial systems are merely what we will hold on to at the wars end, when you and the diplomatic corps are writing the treaties. our hyper-efficient industry and rapid deployment of defensive systems will keep us well ahead of the token fleets they can send back away from the Zorblax front. my advice was merely for the most important gains, and im sure that the Grand Marshal will proceed as he sees fit from there. and the GLorbulan lack of a major industrial center means each small one lost is a steady and irrecoverable gain for us. yes, if they had a system similar to Roof the loss of it would be crippling, but our advantage lies in them being far to pushed up to the zorblax lines to shift their lines back. if they do, they cede momentum to the zorblax and lose the ground that they have gained over they years. everything is in our favor if we are patient. a slow push on our side gets them to send small fleets to counter us, giving the zorblax pockets to apply pressure to.

time, is going to be the winning factor for us in the war
>>
>>49869289
Paging /pol/, /pol/ to /tg/ please.
>>
My fellow senators, I appreciate your noble zeal in pursuit of saving the reputation of our young proud republic. Such readiness to avenge our fallen innocents can only be commendable.

However, I do believe that bold rashness would be wise in the current situation. It would be most rational to look to future consequences before acting on the spot.

A large-scale military conflict would do us no good if we had nothing to gain from it, and so far I see nothing but losses of valuable human life and resources as possible returns. Bolstering our border defenses and banning all foreign military passage should be imposed immediately though, and it is quite puzzling to me that such orders were not installed in the first place.

The act of aggression shown by the Glorbulan empire must not go unanswered indeed, but we are in no position to over-retaliate. I propose instead we pressure them politically, through condemning them in the eyes of the Council. Senator Tsegaye has indeed pointed out that the Glorbulans have broken a law that is as sacred as it is universal. Regardless of our inclusion in the Council or not, last I checked it was not run by the Glorburan Emperor. Such a misstep might become leverage for improving our relations with the intergalactic community as well as quelling the aggression of the Glorburan Empire.

The only reason for us to take active military action against the Glorburan Empire would be if them succeeding in the war directing their expansion towards us, and so far they had no good reason to open that front at the cost of losing our trade
>>
>>49870147
...wait, is it /pol/ to want more Africans dressed in futuristic, refined, trendy-looking clothing? Because that's what I was driving at. I want more obviously African people in high-class, future-style clothing, the implication being that Africa will be perfectly capable of keeping up technologically and economically with the rest of humanity.

I feel that's not a /pol/-approved line of thought.
>>
>>49869708
Grand Marshal, channels have been cleared and orders have been prepared. We stand ready to release muster protocols on your command.
>>
>>49869708
The brave men and women of the Fortress planet New Zion are trained for this ! Our very foundation is to make ready the best soldiers this galaxy has to offer for the service of humanity. Our Marine Zealots where born and made for this !
We await your orders Grand Marshal.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.