[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 Custom Redux a completed Alternative Ruleset

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Custom-Redux-Rulebook-web.jpg (4MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Custom-Redux-Rulebook-web.jpg
4MB, 2550x3300px
https://customredux.blogspot.com/

Alright let's discuss this.

Next Codex Will be Dark Angels.
>>
>>49864933
Needs more codexes. I like a lot of your ideas in theory, but I'm haven't (and won't until there are more codexes) read through them fully.

Not crazy to see blanket Deny The Witch back, but at least you seem to have done some work making Witchfires less awful. I'd look at making Witchfires auto-hit (or only scatter 1D6). You can reduce the number of shots to compensate, but a lot of armies (IG, Renegades, Orks) see the utility of their psykers severely hampered by how difficult it is to cast a Witchfire only to watch the shots fail to hit anything.

Are you still going to be doing Codex-specific disciplines? If so, why? One of the big issues I have with the current disciplines is how random the random power selection is, and how many of the powers are functional duplicates.
>>
>>49865779
Coders will come with time.

Witch fires do auto hit in Custom Redux.

Codex specific disciplines will return with less duplicates, but it's also a way of limiting certain powers.
>>
>>49867488
* Codexes damn autocorrect
>>
Well I'm bored, guess I'll take a look.
>>
>>49864933
I'd like to voice my support

but be careful because I bet a C&D is already on its way over
>>
>>49868076
It's not likely. Netepic is still going strong after all. As is Heralds of Ruin Kill Team.
>>
With the codecies, do you have any specific design goals you're following with them? Or just winging it by feel?
>>
>>49869421
Why yes of course.

The codexes will be internally and externally balanced. They will offer a variety of play styles within their own codexes. Excessive options will be trimmed away, no more space Marine veteran sergeants for instance. Each army will feel unique with their own mechanics. Troops will have a reason to be taken and will be a powerful asset in their own right instead of just a tax. Deathstars will be toned down. Some of the more ridiculous units will be removed like Logan sled. Units will make more logical sense, dreadknights will be walkers as will riptides. Expect power levels to be around 6th edition Space Marines minus Smashfucker cheese. No more Formations or Squadrons that let you take 3 Predators, etc. More units from the past or fluff even if they don't have models.

Have a look at my Codex Sisters of Battle to get an idea of what the rest of the Codexes will look like.
>>
>>49869631
If you're going to remove formations, make sure to include "Rites of War" style rules for every army to let them play with army composition.

Don't remove Veteran Sergeants, just make the upgrade more meaningful. All upgrade sergeants should go to 2W.
>>
>>49864933
not trying to bash your project, but what selling points do you have for this project?

this is a 150 page book just with the main rules, which is going to take a lot of time to learn, plus you will have army books too (which I guess will be 30-50 pages each)

how can this compete with something as compact as one page 40k? I've attached the rulebook which is 20 pages including all the armies
>>
>>49871824
Not him, but his project seems more like an attempt at polishing current 40k, whereas One Page is essentially building a whole new system.

Speaking of One Page, I like a lot of it, but I feel like it could really use another page or so to add a bit more inherent unit variety. A lot of the Army Special rules could just be shifted to the core rules. At points, the brevity is too much and it gets unclear.

I'm also not a huge fan of reverting most psykery to variants of magic missile, and I'm not a fan of just making it a blanket D6 powers per turn regardless of how many psykers you have. It severely limits psychic heavy armies like Tzeentch.
>>
>>49871667
Each codex will include will include a number of alternative army lists, like the Imperial Guard Armoured Battle Company and Space Marine Siege Assault Vanguard.

Regular sergeants will have the profile of vets like in 5th edition. Adding another wound is another thing you have to keep track of.

>>49872390
Right on the money.
>>
Oi, I might be in a spot with work that allows me some time. I can't access the Dev forum until granted access, though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.