[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elemental magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

I'm racking my brain here and am trying to find a better stand in for a basic yet combinable magic. the only thing I can think of is the one thing I want to avoid. Does anyone have something I could use instead of elemental magic? My goal is to have three basic magics that can be combined into higher forms.
>>
>>49856750
Spirit
Aether
Void
>>
>>49856775
>
hey, that's pretty good.
>>
>>49856750
Think of three verbs that can be stretched to do basically anything you want the system to be able to do. You could have something like:
>Creation
>Destruction
>Alteration
or some other group of things like adjectives, e.g.;
>Magic of the Mental
>Magic of the Physical
>Magic of the Spiritual
or something like that.
>>
>>49856808
I should have probably specified that a god is supposed to harness these three individual forces. they're supposed to be the building blocks for him creating the universe
>>
>>49856822
Mind/body/soul

Matter/energy/wave

Rock/Paper/Scissors
>>
>>49856750
Wisdom, power, courage
>>
>>49856845
shotgunning rock/paper/scissors. everyone can go home now.
>>
>>49856750

Faith, Will, Law

True magic requires varying combinations of these three. Most mental magic and illusion leans on Will. Divinations and conjurations stem from appeals to Faith. Transformations and such come from the incantations, rituals, and formulae of hermetic Law.

Or you could use the Five Elements of Chinese magic, which under the hood are very different from Greek conceptions of elements.
>>
>>49856750

Human survival is tied intimately with the traits it has used to survive. The Will to change, without it, humans are content in their lot, and do not move to alter their lives. Aspiration for without direction Will is directionless and may be as impotent as inaction altogether. Knowledge, for with the Will and Aspiration, one may misunderstand what must be done, and end in a place they did not intend.

So I propose Will, Aspiration, and Knowledge.
>>
File: Fuck You Maslow.png (36KB, 405x457px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck You Maslow.png
36KB, 405x457px
>>49856750
>Alcohol
>Caffeine
>Pizza

There, you're set. With these three things, anything can be accomplished.
>>
>>49856750
Ninjutsu: outright magical manifestations of power. Summoned creatures, gouts of fire, ear-bleading shockwaves from the snap of your fingers. If it's big and flashy, this is your school.

Genjutsu: the quiet school. These spells and techniques function much less in the realm of the material and instead live in the mind of the user and their targets. Whether creating an illusory hellscape for your enemy to live a thousand years in instantaneously, or simply making an oasis appear in the desert to conceal your ambush, Genjutsu works with appearances, perceptions, and cognition.

Taijutsu: some would doubt that this school is even a form of magic, but its practicioner's accomplishments are indisputably supernatural. Taijutsu is the magic of the body, and works mainly on the base potential of one's own body and unlocking magical flows of spirit and power within it. A novice might be mistaken for a mundane martial adept, breaking stone and bone with their bare hands, but its masters shatter castle walls with a thrown pebble and balance their whole weight on a falling leaf, or even tear out their own skeletons and rearrange them to suit their needs.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.