[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No map thread? Map thread then!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

All the cool stuff you have, all the nice tutorials you use, all the funky advices you've got
>>
>>
File: world map toilet.jpg (568KB, 1728x1189px) Image search: [Google]
world map toilet.jpg
568KB, 1728x1189px
>>
>>49856228
>all the nice tutorials you use
I've got a problem. I've got pretty good tutorial for making "random" shore, but I can't fucking make anything else than the shore.
And I need to divide the map to hexes, paint it in colour and most importantly make it in such way that all hexes will be later swiftly filled in with player colours (it's for a builder game)

So here is the tutorial and I'm gladly trading it for some help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlYRWvpj1GE
>>
>>49856228
Just create a world in Dwarf Fortress and fill in the gaps.
>>
>>49856228
>neat little horizontal "PCs can't go in this direction" mountains to the north and south
>>
>>49856334
Don't forget about the desert that is probably some sort of Impossible To Traverse Desert of Death and Darkness, right next to watery area. But at least someone put an effort and placed hills and mountains between the desert and lush land, so it's not that bad as it could be
>>
>>49856334
aint nothing like that in the real world. no sir.
>>
File: 3STsZI8.jpg (948KB, 1080x1155px) Image search: [Google]
3STsZI8.jpg
948KB, 1080x1155px
>>49856334
>>
File: Cities of Varnia.jpg (300KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
Cities of Varnia.jpg
300KB, 1280x854px
>>49856228
Personally I believe in KISS rule - there is no point to make elaborate maps. They exist as a helping tool and should be first and foremost practical. The simplier they are, the easier it is to navigate with them.
>>
>>49856228
In my first real campaign, I was making everything up as I went along. I used the detailed version of this exact map (with city names placed on it), as the basis for the campaign.
>>
>>49856303
Anyone? Anything? I'm desperate here. The guy who was supposed to provide me with map ditched it, and the game is already running for 5 days. Players are getting "little" pissed about still not having map and I can't make one for shit, aside giving the land general shape.
>>
>>49856510
open the map up in gimp, and create a hex grid layer. while running the world building session, use the fill tool on the hex grid layer to appropriately fill hexes.
>>
>>49856550
Tutorial please... Or more details, I've already failed to find those options few times. Did I mention I've used GIMP for the first time on Sunday? I've ended up installing the old-ass version used in the tutorial just to get all the options in the same place, named the same, to help myself navigate.
>>
>>49856587
https://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5094
>>
>>49856600
Thanks
>>
>>49856600
>>49856587
You should probably do a basic gimp tutorial while you're at it, and install the latest version of the program.

here are detailed instructions.

Open up your image.
Click on the color. By default, this is a black square (the foreground) in front of and slightly above a white square (the background). Foreground colors are what your tools normally draw, background colors are what they will draw if an alternate button is held. Typically. Choose either a foreground color or background color other than black and white, by clicking on either the foreground color or background color to open up the color selection menu. write down the HTML notation of the color you chose. For me this is e31313 when that is done:
Click on Layer, then New layer. (top menu)
In fill type options, choose either foreground color or background color (based on what you chose earlier). This should create a new layer that is the color of the color you chose.

Now click on filters, and mouse over distorts, then click on mosaic. This should open up a menu. Play around with the settings in this until you get a hex size you want. There should be a preview, and you can also just do it, and undo it by pressing CTRL+Z. Make sure Color Variation is zero though. Once you've got hexes of the size you want, go to the next step.

Click on select in the top menu, then mouse down to By Color. Click on this. Click on the white space between hexes. This should select every white pixel, which should only be space between hexes.

now invert your selection, by clicking on select, and then invert. This selects everything that wasn't selected before, and deselects everything that was.

Press Delete, turning it into white space.

Invert again, to get back to your original selection.

Use the bucket tool, click on a selected white pixel, and all your selection should turn whatever color your foreground color is.

https://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5094
>>
File: 20161019_162331.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_162331.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Work in progress. Stained some A2-paper with coffee. Coloring in some areas with watercolour.
May add some shading on mountainsides.
Also, maybe place-names and stuff in red lettering? Not sure.
>>
Does anyone here uses Inkarnate?
>>
>>49857169
I do. It's easy and good.
>>
File: 4a7b413281983.jpg (34KB, 780x722px) Image search: [Google]
4a7b413281983.jpg
34KB, 780x722px
>>49856858
Words can not express the gratitude
>>
>>49856997
I really like the way how forest is drawn.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.