[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Delta Green

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 10

File: 1473758728357.jpg (118KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1473758728357.jpg
118KB, 960x1440px
We've had a few Delta Green threads these past few days, and I finished watching pic related today. I probably would have enjoyed it less if it wasn't so easy to tie to Delta Green, but I still felt there were some plot holes. Maybe a 7 out of 10. If you were to adapt it to a campaign, what would you do differently?
>>
File: outpost.32996.jpg (493KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
outpost.32996.jpg
493KB, 1200x1800px
Also, what other movies give a good supernatural horror opposed by modern military vibe?
>>
File: 150921_r27039-1200.jpg (324KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
150921_r27039-1200.jpg
324KB, 1200x799px
Sicario isn't explicitly supernatural but it certainly has a possibly illegal interagency government program doing questionable things to fight a threat foreign to most Americans.
>>
File: 1431533551524.jpg (43KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
1431533551524.jpg
43KB, 720x340px
>>49852462
monsters 2: dark continent
>>
>>49854439
I wholeheartedly disagree, the modern military vibe is overpowering, you could remove the creatures and nothing about that story would change. There are way too many movies about soldiers not being able to reintigrate into society and only at home at war.
>>
>>49852462
Have you already seen Cabin in the Woods? It's a little on the comedy side, but it has some of what you are looking for.
>>
>>49854439
>>49856169
Are thse movies any good?
Are they annoying as fuck to watch like it was to that piece of shit remake of "Red Dawn"?
>>
>>49857335
The first one is really great. At their core Monsters and its terrible sequel are about the people in the movie not the other way around. The movies exist in a post-Godzilla/kaiju world where there presence is commonplace, and exist as either a metaphor or as scene dressing for the humanistic themes the movies present. Sure there's action involving them, but thats not what the movies try to do primarily.
>>
>>49852972
True.

Villeneuves movies pretty much all have a Delta Green vibe.

For example Enemy. If you wanted you could lift a lot of images and ideas from that movie.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FJuaAWrgoUY
>>
Evolution, the one by the romanian woman, has a very DG feel, without there being a military taskforce or anything of that type. It's only an hour and 20 minutes, and is very good.
>>
Does anyone have a Convergence PDF?
>>
If the anon who recommended The Sandbaggers is lurking around, I owe you a large bottle of the alcohol of your choice. I finished season 1 last night and I am hooked.
>>
File: THE-EYE-INSIDE.png (2MB, 1500x1125px)
THE-EYE-INSIDE.png
2MB, 1500x1125px
So what do you think PISCES is up to in a post-9/11 world? Did the Army prevail? Have the Sha taken total control? Or have they fixed the ship and fucked off?
>>
>>49857423
>The first one is really great.
It's really not, its about fucking nothing. The Monsters aren't actually significant to the storyline in any way at all, you could replace the extremely generic threat they pose to the characters with pretty much anything else and the movie would be exactly the same.

The entire story is just two people you couldn't give a fuck about traipsing through war-torn mexico because that's a better idea than waiting for the next ferry. The romance subplot is bad and never goes anywhere and instead just trails off at the end. You never learn anything significant or interesting about the monsters, or about the ongoing war against them and it turns out at the end that they are literally just giant land octopuses. Literally just a fucking octopus.

It's a boring as fuck movie with good cinematography.

The sequel is also awful for completely different reasons.
>>
>>49857335
I'm pretty sure the first one was specifically tailored to impress independent movie critics. It's got all the things they like, a vaguely interesting premise that's totally glossed over, a generic, relationship-oriented plot, horrible pacing and a shitty anti-climactic ending.
>>
File: Alien_Raiders_DVD_cover.jpg (13KB, 200x287px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Raiders_DVD_cover.jpg
13KB, 200x287px
You're in your small-town grocery store, late at night, when a Delta Green cell bursts in. Shit ensues.

This is a really, really, good example of low-budget filmmaking. They kept things simple, but the writing, acting, etc are all solid.
>>
>>49852440
Not a movie, but Stranger Things.
>>
Idea for a shotgun scenario: break into a suburban home and cause a gas leak. Steal a particular book from the Man of the House's study. Get out.

But...there's something in the basement.
>>
>>49861185

Well it's more like your average Call of Cthulhu campaign, except a Majectic-12-type group was involved in creating the problem.

>>49862022

Is the gas leak intended to obfuscate the robbery? That's overkill unless it's the only way to kill the Thing.
>>
>>49862387
Well, I had ideas in the last hour
>Use a jenga tower a la Dread
>Every few minutes, players have to remove a block, and put it on top of the tower
>If the tower collapses, it is then when they hear the noise of the car arriving in the driveway and if they haven't gotten out by then they'll have a choice to make.
>>
>>49862387
The gas leak is to quietly deal with everyone in the house, anon.
>>
>>49864962
That doesn't give you any guarantee of them actually dying.
>>
>>49865104
>>49864962

Aside from the fact that it is a comparatively slow method. If even one person is awake they might evacuate everyone else and then you have emergency services on the way.
>>
File: cap268_resize.jpg (59KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cap268_resize.jpg
59KB, 400x300px
>>49859261
Hey, my pleasure. But if you're ever in Toronto, Canada, I love big bottles of imperial stout. :)
>>
>>49865139
desu you should just shoot them execution style, take a bunch of valuables and burn the house down and make it look like a home invasion.
>>
>>49865215
MJ-12 MIB detected.
>>
>>49865232
I'm just being pragmatic.
>>
File: 000186.jpg (218KB, 1102x949px)
000186.jpg
218KB, 1102x949px
>>49865269

Did the other people do a single thing wrong? Or is just being there criminal? Sounds like what a psychopath would do.
>>
>>49865340
I have no idea, I'm just following orders.
>>
>>49865355

Well then, I have an offer for you.
>>
>>49865949
Why not just wait until the house is empty? Unless the family are a bunch of shut-ins they have to leave the house got to work/school/buy food.
>>
>>49862387
>Well it's more like your average Call of Cthulhu campaign, except a Majectic-12-type group was involved in creating the problem.
It also works as an origin story for a DG friendly. Or did you not notice the asshole sheriff riding in a company car at the end?
>>
>>49866790

I have a feeling the Sheriff didn't have a choice in the matter. Also, he was well on his way to being a better person by the end of the season.
>>
Why is it that anybody can throw a frag grenade, but throwing a tear gas or flashbang grenade is impossible without special training?
>>
>>49867520
Is this a rule in the new book, or the old one?
>>
>>49860716
>netflix has 10,000 shitty direct-to-dvd-tier movies
>it doesnt have this
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.