[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curse of Strahd advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Master of fate.jpg (212KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Master of fate.jpg
212KB, 774x1032px
I've just had another session of Curse of Strahd with my players, this is my first (long) campaign. They've just met Madam Eva and got their predictions.
Okay, the problematic part is, the sun sword is hidden in the tomb of the guild master, in Strahd's castle. Their last battle is supposed to happen in queen's tomb, literally a few steps away.
I don't want my players to find the ultimate weapon and artifact literally a minute before the final battle, but at the same time there doesn't really seem to be a way to leave the castle when you've entered.
Also, is there any way the characters can learn where this tomb is? At least with other treasures, they have a very vague idea of where they might be. Those are wrong ideas, but still.
But as for the guild master's tomb, how do they even learn of it's location or existance before literally randomly bumping into it while going to meet Strahd?
>>
There's really no need to play strictly according to the adventure. If you want to change things up, like the location of the sun sword, then just go ahead and do it.
>>
>>49850776
If OP does do that, that makes the hint, they get from the card reading doesnt lead them to the item
>>
>>49848536
have them bump into Eva again and read their fortunes a second time
>>
Ravenloft thread?

Ravenlift thread.
>>
>>49848536
This isn't so bad really, especially if they know the sword and strahd are right next to each other. It could make for a hell of a set-piece moment if they try and make the grab ahead of time. Alternatively, the final showdown could still be really fun if they know they need to distract him while the fighter/whatever dashes for the sword.
>>
>>49851368

Lord Soth was still the coolest dude.
>>
>>49851368
I need some advice. My party's at Vallaki, and two of the players (both played by women,) saw Milivoj's picture and spent an entire session trying to sleep with him. I have no idea what to do but now he's a very important npc. What do I do /tg/?
>>
>>49848536
You should have known this could happen.
If it bothers you, stack the deck next time.
>>
>>49854666
What are his stats on 5e?
>>
>>49855070
As what, Darklord or regular undead knight?
>>
>>49855091
Why not both?
>>
>>49855098
Because that's too much work, so I'll just tell you to play 2e instead.
>>
>>49855104
Where is he found in 2e? And how do the stats for Strahd match up with his 2e stats?
>>
>>49855070
Soth is not in 5e. CoS is barely set in Ravenloft - sure, it has mists and vistani, but not the domains. It's more of an adaptation of the original module with Strahd.
>>
>>49855188
Soth the Darklord is in Domains of Dread, p51.
Soth the Death Knight is in Tales of the Lance, World Books of Ansalon, p107, though you'll need the Death Knight stats from the Monstrous Manual, p52.

>>49855188
>how do the stats for Strahd match up with his 2e stats?
For one thing, he's actually got class levels in 2e (16th level Necromancer). His stats are in DoD, pp 61-63. They're not exactly the same, but are fairly similar.
>>
>>49848536
Fuck off Neroob.
>>49854666
>punched a demiplane in its non-face because of ANGERY
Soth is such a BAMF.
>>
>>49848536
Disclaimer: I haven't read Curse of Strahd yet.
Right now, you have two choices. If the adventure says they fight next to the sword, then you assume in good faith there's something that prevents them from getting it at this stage in the campaign OR that the adventure takes under consideration that they might acquire it early. So, option one, you go with the flow. Option two is what any DM should first and foremost be doing at any time: Make shit up. Maybe the entrance to the Guildmaster's tomb is blocked by rubble, enough that they can move it if they invest the time and effort but not just casually waltz in to investigate. Maybe the entrance is concealed by a cunning illusion, which only breaks for "the chosen one" (too videogamey, but it could work). Maybe when they find the sword it's just an ordinary masterwork weapon that they'll lug around out of sheer inertia before it magically shows its powers at the critical moment. Any or none of these could work, depending on YOUR players and the way YOU run YOUR game. Just Make. Shit. Up.
>>
>>49855274
That beating up of a helpless demiplane was the result of Soth's creators autisming out and banning fun.
>>
>>49855306
I'm pretty sure OP has the opposite problem.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.