[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any games that focus on psionic powers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Mob.jpg (296KB, 1200x925px) Image search: [Google]
Mob.jpg
296KB, 1200x925px
Are there any games that focus on psionic powers?
>>
Yes.
>>
Alright that's a wrap.
>>
>>49846175
you asked that the day before already. most games don't focus solely on psychic powers but embed them in a wider setting. for examples see:
beyond the supernatural
dark conspiracy
traveller
>>
>>49847282
Yeah, I don't recall getting anything.
>>
>>49846175
I dunno just reflavor Ars Magica or something.
>>
>>49850782
That's not really the same, though.

>>49847282
There must be a game with psychics as the core part.
>>
>>49851084
Just use Mutants and Masterminds.
>>
>>49851436

For a game about espers?
>>
>>49851707
Why not?

>>49851084
Aeon: Trinity was all about psychics. In the future, but all the players were psychics.
>>
>>49851084
how is it not the same? every game is just made up bullshit. you could've made your own game in the time this thread has existed.
>>
>>49851770
>Why not?
My guess? "Blah blah blah generic system blah blah blah specialized mechanics blah blah no flavor."
>>
>>49852872
More like I doubt there'd be much variety in esper powers.
>>
>>49846175

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/151035/Psionics-The-Next-Stage-in-Human-Evolution

Wells there is this

well psi powers and abusing hard drugs to keep your head from exploding

little bit of Galerians in there as well
>>
>>49853081
Don't you die real fast from using powers, though?
>>
>>49851084
>There must be a game with psychics as the core part.
there probably are but consider this: few people are interested in psychic powers per se. they want to do some cool stuff with it, ie battle some bad guys.

and as soon you have that, you'll end up in cyberpunk (bady guy: corporations) or sci-fi (bad guy: aliens) or science fantasy (bad guy: monsters) or some such.

So pick your bad guys and we'll tell you what game to choose.
>>
>>49855512
I would prefer a game involving enemy psykers. Maybe ghosts or other urban fantasy fare?

But a game with a focus on psychic powers first and foremost.
>>
>>49855687
closest is probably beyond the supernatural. it has magic too but you can leave that aside. have a look at it and see if you like it. first edition (at least) has a fun scenario involving teenage girls, iirc. you get to roll for boob jealousy.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1dsdr28ic5vk0/Palladium#sm8qgbq2kykvf

mind you, it's not a balanced system
>>
>>49855706
if you dont want to expose yourself to palladium's system, i would probably choose GURPS instead. GURPS is generally very good at all simulationist play and, while i have never used it, its sourcebook on psi has probably all your simulationist needs covered.
>>
>>49855771
GURPS is really hard to learn, though, is it not? Tried once and it was like trying to climb a wall with your nose.
>>
>>49855793
i dont think it's harder than D&D or your average system. the basic system is easy to comprehend. only problem is that relevant stuff for you is probably scattered across some splatbooks.
>>
>>49855224

Hence the drugs.
>>
File: 1476832419331.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1476832419331.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I'll just go and advertise my own shit, due to MP100 being a partial influence on it, even though it wasn't mentioned.

Misfortune is a simple one-sheeter where the entire focus of the game is the awkward adventures of teenagers. No death conditions, for example, just damage (which is called heart points, because emotional damage is more important than physical, physical damage is handled simply as injuries) that makes your life harder in the end.

Of course, as it is not setting-dependent, there are no set rules for Ordinariness, you can just make up your own for it. (I'm planning to write example rules for it at some point)

I'm thinking I could rename it to Awkward adventures, really. Misfortune has too much of a Lemony Snicket -feel, and this game is about everyday triumph and comedy more than straight up tragedy and misery.
>>
>>49852932
From the OP pic alone, we have things like:
Illusions
Mental Attacks
Barriers
Item enhancements
Precog
Telepathy
Telekinesis (purely in the sense of moving objects)
Object generation
Spirit-taming
Emotion Manipulation
Gravity Emulation

As well as specialized techniques such as barrier-breaking and telekinesis via object-like manipulators.
>>
>>49856641
Don't forget plant manipulation.

Mob Psycho is great for this stuff.
>>
>>49846175
If you replace all the magic from a 3.pf game with Psionics you can get it to work out.
Plus I think 4E also had a psionics system.
>>
File: Misfortune Character Card.png (25KB, 536x729px) Image search: [Google]
Misfortune Character Card.png
25KB, 536x729px
>>49856548
Just a bump and a note that I'm currently making a Supernatural supplement to this, will probably be ready in couple of hours.

Pic related is the character card, it's the size of an MTG card
>>
>>49858028
>thinking d20 is a good enough system to be worth the effort
play more games, anon
>>
>>49859581
Not gonna let this thread die before that!
>>
MEGA
It's in french, though.
>>
File: Out of Ordinary.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Out of Ordinary.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49859581
>>49856548
Allright. Here it is, the first draft of Out of Ordinary.
>>
>>49863555
And there's the character card for defined games.
>>
>>49846175

You didn't even acknowledge half the reccomendations from the last thread you fucking mong. Fuck off
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.