[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Hurricane Mathew.jpg (34KB, 840x560px) Image search: [Google]
Hurricane Mathew.jpg
34KB, 840x560px
>Natural disasters gain sentience during their duration
How does this affect your setting, /tg/?
>>
>>49845587
Sounds like Shadowrun.

Depending on the disaster in question, the Magocracy steals it/captures it/subdued it and puts it to work in the factories.
>>
>>49845621
>Enslaved natural disasters
WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
>>
Solar flares separate from the star. Instead of dissipating, it remains contained and moves autonomously.
Relatively harmless in the void of space, but if they become curious and decide to inspect a planet that biosphere gets fucked.
>>
>I don't want to die
Pressure normalizes
>I don't want to die
Wind stops blowing
>I DON'T WANT TO D-
Clouds disperse.
>>
>>49846642
Everything!
>>
>>49845587
Already does playing in a world where we fight the world
>>
File: fight.jpg (66KB, 730x552px) Image search: [Google]
fight.jpg
66KB, 730x552px
>>49850479
"Inspired"
>>
>>49846759
C'tan?
>>
>>49845587
Once you get a druid or the like to have a chat with them it turns out they're sort of reasonable so long as they get to do their thing.
Hurricanes can be convinced to make landfall in predetermined areas that need rain, cyclones can stick to a field with a few token structures to wreck, floods can try to slow down enough to allow evacuation, magma eruptions can be directed away from towns so long as the pressure within is released, stuff like that.

Earthquakes are a pain though because they happen too fast to chat with. Same for tsunamis and pyroclastic eruptions. Plagues and droughts are harder to cut deals with, just because their effects are harder to redirect effectively due to necessary targets or sheer scale. And asteroids are just assholes, no reasoning with them.
>>
>>49846768

>Feeling pity for a hypothetical sentient force of nature

What the fuck is my life?
>>
>>49851749
>And asteroids are just assholes, no reasoning with them.

>It turned out after many years of hatred asteroids weren't assholes after all, they just didn't speak the same language....
>>
>>49845587
It sucks unless the disasters manifest as cute girls throwing a temper tantrum.
>>
>>49854144
>Ground shakes
>"Nooooootice me Sampan Yellowstone supervolcano-kun!"
>>
>>49845587
Currently my True BBEG is a innevitable sentient disaster.

Been mannipulating the players and BBEG to quicken its start under the guise of destroying it.
>>
>>49854672
>manipulating the players and BBEG

Are your players working with the BBEG, and does the BBEG know he's really quickening it? Wording is vague.
>>
>>49846642
Hey, just because they're in charge doesn't mean they're the brightest. I mean, consider <real world government of your choice here>; they've also made some stupid decisions.
>>
>>49846768
Way too many feels there.
>>
>>49854573
>Yellowstone
>Not dating the entirety of Siberia.
What are kids these days coming to?
>>
I swear this is the norm for most fantasy.

Sentient disease is a cool concept, especially if it has an agenda other than spreading as far as it can.
It would be seen as a curse by the uninitiated- targeting maybe only people who knew a certain secret, or people in a family line.
>>
>>49855185
Right I guess having 2 BBEGs makes defining them hard. Just gonns call them disaster and hero.

The disaster has and is manipulating the hero into thinking that its doing a greater good destroying the disaster before it strikes, being led to beleive he could simply strike it down in its infancy. So in a way yeah, he knows but he's simply being lead to beleiving it to be a good thing.

The players are a mix between making chaos to making less people prepared for the disaster when it strikes and plan B. They dont seem to know if they know they are being bamboozled but they seem to fall for most of the taunts and seem to think of the hero simply is an insane cunt with a prophecy to fill, all because the disaster tells them "Youre the only ones I've talked too.".

Hopefuly I dont have to pull the brakes if they domt figure it out,TPK aint fun.
>>
>>49851749
>>49854129
>Literally celestial
>Implying their job isn't to martyr themselves when the only way to save the world is to butterfly effect the last resort solution with their impacts.
>>
>>49854129
>Armaggedon vs Contact
Fucking Hollywood and their dumb crossovers
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.