[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 25

File: 1424796839816.jpg (396KB, 850x531px) Image search: [Google]
1424796839816.jpg
396KB, 850x531px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For the basics of combat, read this tutorial. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769761-Exalted-3E-Combat-301.

>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

>What's with the slow release schedule?
Onyx Path is run by raksha who have only a vague concept of human time.

Resources for Third Edition:

>Final 3E Core Release:
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf
>Backer Charm Book:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x7i7p5c4rm7kacq/Backer_Charms_Plain_Text.pdf

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18FYdnXLYj0JnBNxNSGIZyi_FZcg085qCyUYoCEtac_8
>General Homebrew dumping folder:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

>Resources for Previous Editions:
http://pastebin.com/raw/EL3RTeB1

Martial Arts edition. How do your martial artists play out?
>>
does the 2e eclipse power allow you to take other hero style charms as native? Or does it only apply to cross-splat and spirit charms?
>>
>>49845444
Yes.
>>
>>49845819
explains why lunar hero didn't have many native only/expansions that used shape-shifting
>>
I've recently decided to try and get into Exalted. Would it be better to start in 3E, or by hunting down the 2E books? Are the mechanics of 3E worth (what I'm assuming are) the relative lack of options?
>>
>>49846802
The mechanics in 2nd edition were a nightmarish clusterfuck. Third edition mechanics are, for the most part, really good with a few comparatively small bumps here or there (but that's not unusual in any system).

There aren't many options in 3rd edition but Solars, but then while 2nd edition had lots of options, many of them didn't function or would break eventually.

I'd stick to 3rd edition.

That said some of the First and Second edition setting books are still going to be very useful in 3rd edition. Most of the 2nd edition Direction Books should work pretty well, and many of the various setting books for 1st edition are useful.

I would generally steer clear of the older books books that offer heavy mechanics (like the various splat books). They could be interesting to read to get an idea of how the Exalt type works, but keep in mind that the mechanics were often not terribly good.
>>
BOOKS HAVE FINALLY MOVED PAST SECOND DRAFT
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
>>
>>49846802
3e is the better game, and moreover is actually a good game in its own right, but only has the core right now
So just take your pick I guess, a good game where you have to homebrew everything past solars or a bad game where everything is already there for you.
>>
>>49846866
Okay, when you say 'nightmarish clusterfuck', what do you mean? Like how D&D 3.5 has caster disparity, or is it that the rules literally don't work, or...? I've heard stories about perfect defenses having to be spammed if you want to survive a fight for more than 5 seconds, but not much else of actual substance.

That being said, I'll definitely at least hunt down setting books though, thank you.

>>49846944
Hm. Do you know if there's any homebrew already out there? I don't know anything about the setting, so I'm not willing to try and do it myself, and if 2E is as bad as >>49846866 is implying, that's... probably not quite an option.
>>
>>49846905
UNLESS I HAVE A COPY IN MY HAND I DON'T BELIEVE YOU. MORK AND HOLDEN ARE LIARS
>>
>>49847024
the pdfs are all linked here. don't bother hunting any of them in print, just use these.
>>
>>49847024
>if 2E is as bad as >>49846866 is implying, that's... probably not quite an option.

it isn't as bad and 3e isn't as good, hes exaggerating
>>
>>49847064
Oh, hey, didn't notice that. Whoops. Awesome, thanks.
>>
Am >>49847024, ignore the homebrew request, I just noticed the link, because apparently, I'm blind.
>>
>>49847024
The basic underlying principle of the game was "Attacks that can one hit kill off-set by Perfect Defenses that can block anything."

Which sounds neat but it created a rocket tag scenario. Further, those defenses cost motes (magic points) so the first person to run out of MP instantly loses. This turns combat into a huge slog where everyone tries to avoid spending Essence on anything other than defenses, because if they spend too much and run out they die.

While 2nd edition had the premise of "Crazy battles with people throwing out crazy attacks," in fact it often turned into slow, methodological battles where players tried not to throw out crazy attacks. If you spend 15 motes on a huge attack and your opponent spends 4 motes to block it, suddenly you're more likely to run out of Essence first and get killed.

So basically we had all kinds of rules and magical effects for launching cool attacks, but the reality was, using any of that stuff would actively cause your character to die more quickly than not using it at all. You would just want to get a bare minimum of attacks running that could potentially one-hit kill your opponent and then slowly run them out of Essence while doing your best not to let your opponent run you down. Anyone who used those big, flashy attacks was literally just shooting themself in the foot.

Also, there were several cases where the company let morons be in charge of design, so you had mechanics that functionally did not work. By the time 2nd edition ended it had something like 400-500 pages of errata. Ridiculous!

Third Edition uses a different, more interesting and superior combat paradigm, which is actually a lot more fun to play. It also has a team who is doing a lot better oversight over the gameline than 2nd edition had.

Basically 1st and 2nd edition books are great for the setting of Exalted, but for mechanics keep away and stick to 3rd edition. It really is a step up, mechanically, over the earlier editions.
>>
>>49847315
Interesting. How did they fix the rocket-tag thing? Do attacks cost less now, or are perfect defenses suddenly gone, or...?

I only have memetic knowledge of Exalted, by the way, so I'm very sorry if any of this is blindingly obvious.
>>
Okay so who owns exalted right now? Like what company?
>>
>>49847369
They set up a new combat system. Essentially you have two tracks. Your health track and your initiative track.

When you attack someone, you "steal" their initiative, adding it to your own. And you can "cash in" your initiative to launch an attack against their hit points.

So, for example, you have 5 initiative make an attack against an enemy. You deal 11 damage to their initiative. Your initiative is now 16.

If you want, you can try to choose to make a Decisive attack with 16 dice of damage against their health track. Maybe that could kill them, or it might not. On their turn, they can hit you to regain some of that initiative back.

If you knock someone to 0 initiative they enter a state of "initiative crash" and various powers and defenses of theirs stop working. They basically become highly vulnerable to attacks.

The danger of launching Decisive attacks is that succeed or fail, this resets you to base Initiative, which could make it easy for your enemy to drive you into Initiative Crash.

The game still has huge crazy attacks and big defenses, it's just that you generally can't kill people in one hit (assuming they're not just regular mortals anyway) outside of very specific builds or combo's.
>>
>>49847442
Paradox Interactive owns the actual rights to Exalted, but they are giving Onyx Path permission to publish material for the line.
>>
>>49847501
That actually sounds pretty cool, much thanks for the explanations. I'll probably stick to 3E like you suggested, then.

>>49847526
What. Paradox owns Exalted? As in... Paradox? The guys who made Crusader Kings? That's... I can't even tell how I feel about this. It's some unholy mixture of horror and glee.
>>
>>49846905

We're one step closer to getting Arms of the Chosen, yay! What hopes do you guys have for it?
>>
>>49847586
Yes. Back in 2006 White Wolf was bought out by CCP (the guys who run Eve online). They were planning to create a huge World of Darkness MMO but it turned into a clusterfuck. Almost ten years later nothing had actually been completed and the game was canceled.

Meanwhile, Onyx Path licensed the rights to the old White Wolf gamelines for publishing.

Then in 2015 CCP then sold White Wolf's properties to Paradox Interactive. Paradox, in turn, sold some of the properties to Onyx Path, and let them continue to license the rest.

There's been some talk among CCP about using some of the White Wolf properties as a basis for a video game, but so far those are just rumors.
>>
>>49847688
That it will be published before 2017.
>>
File: Laughing Ashton.gif (478KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Ashton.gif
478KB, 500x375px
>>49847728

This shit was promised to us to be released one month after the Core.
>>
>>49847701
Huh. Interesting.
>>
>>49847753
I don't recall them saying that, I always heard the one splat book, one supplementary book year, so Core was released when? Last fall I think? Been playing the leak so long I can't even remember when it properly released to backers.
>>
>>49847987
The official release date for the Core book was actually back in April. We just had the leak and the early backer pdf so it feels like the game came out a year ago, but it's actually only been 7 months since the core book was "officially" released.
>>
>>49847728
Well the devs have said they plan on getting a book out before 2017.
>>
>>49847688
Honestly I'm more interested in that preview adventure. Time of tumult was pretty amazing, and I like adventures in games that are less straightforward.
>>
>>49848140
The Dev's have said a lot of things about planning to get books out before a certain date and then not coming through. I, for one, am not going to hold my breath.
>>
Are they going to do open play-tests with Arms of the Chosen like every other Onyx Path thing or are they going full retard and trying to keep it to themselves again like they did with core?
>>
>>49848203
>Exalted
>open playtest

Nope. The Exalted devs have said they are specifically not interested in doing open playtesting. They have claimed that, while it may have worked for other OPP lines, it won't work very well with Exalted's fanbase.

The truth is (as everyone who has discussed things with Holden and Morke know) the two of them can't handle criticism in any way, and o prefer to operate in an environment where they will have to deal with as little critical analysis of their work as possible.
>>
>>49848276

It doesn't help that, when it when it comes down to fluff, no two players can agree on what what should be done. Case in point, what fluff should change about Lunars for Ex3?
>>
>>49848276
>Nope. The Exalted devs have said they are specifically not interested in doing open playtesting. They have claimed that, while it may have worked for other OPP lines, it won't work very well with Exalted's fanbase.

How does that make any sense at all

Anyways, I could've sworn they got told to do open playtests from now on.
>>
>>49848328
Open playtesting is about testing mechanics, not fluff. Most people can agree on how mechanics should ideally operate, or when something is fairly obviously broken or bullshit. That's what you playtest for - to make sure you catch all of that stuff before it goes to print. Because when you don't, you end up with hundreds of pages of errata. You don't playtest for fluff.

Sadly though, Richard Thompson has stood by Holden and Morke's decision not to open playtest. Until he changes his mind, Exalted will only have open playtesting when (and if) Holden and Morke decide to hold it.
>>
>>49848334
it makes perfect sense when you're just jerking people around and trying to hide the fact you haven't even started yet. also they're not the sorts who like to be told they're wrong ;)
>>
>>49848276
I don't have a problem with it. The mechanics turned out great so I'm willing to let them do whatever
>>
When I suggested trying this game out a friend of mine said it was a mechanical mess and was better just taking the setting and using another system. In your experience is this true? I really like the look of the game but I can't stand horrible mechanics.
>>
>>49850094
Okay Holden.
>>
>>49850140
Earlier editions were a mechanical mess and I would listen to your friend and stay away from them. 3rd edition though has good, entirely functional mechanics. I'd recommend checking it out.
>>
first second or 3rd excellency?
if you could only have one which would it be?

if you could have all which do you buy first?
>>
>>49850173
>if you could only have one which would it be?
>if you could have all which do you buy first?

Depends on skill. If it's a skill whose primary usage doesn't punish failure very much, or where degrees of success matters, such as making an attack roll? First.

If it's one where degree of success doesn't matter, or where an off-chance failure will totally fuck you, like Stealth? Second.

Third is worthless for everyone but Lunars, and even they only want it for Appearance, possibly Strength or Stamina.
>>
>>49850151
Your welcome strength of many :^)
>>
anybody have a list of all luanar charms with "gift-ok" and "fury" keywords?

it fells like something that must exist, but the question is more "is it easy to find" and "did it die with the wiki, forum and/or other hosting"
>>
>>49851240
if something like that ever existed it would have been on the wiki.
>>
How often do your attack successes double the target's DV? A couple of the early Steel Devil charms depend on it.
>>
>>49851557

Depends on the target.

If you've got something to stick onslaught or another penalty on them (onslaught is probably the most common; good onslaught negators are a rare resource going by the QCs), getting their Defense down to 2 or 3 is usually enough to start lobbing Steel Devil attacks reliably. 0 or 1 is the ideal, of course.
>>
>>49850094
I do have aproblem with it. I like 3E a lot, but Holden and Morke most certainly aren't perfect, and it's likely that mistakes, broken, unintended synergies and just plain dumb shit will creep in as they write more books. Open playtesting wouldn't eliminate stuff like that, but it would help to migitate it.
>>
>>49848334
>How does that make any sense at all
It's a perfectly sensible reaction to the kind of person who claims that anyone who has a problem with their bad behavior "can't handle criticism" or "can't handle even the slightest bit of (insert euphemism here)".
>>
>>49852779
>Open playtesting wouldn't eliminate stuff like that, but it would help to migitate it.
It might mitigate some of the stuff we have, but i can also guarantee it would add its own problems as well, simply from people not understanding the mechanics well.
>>
File: question.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>49852933
>people don't understand the mechanics well
>let's not do open playtesting.
>Surely by not letting people play the game that will improve their understanding of how mechanics work!
>>
>>49853062
The most legitimate excuse I've heard is that they simply lack the manpower to filter out the signal from the noise if they were to do an open playtest. Everyone would be clambering to add their own opinion and unless you have some good data gathering tools such as well built surveys and the statistical chops to actually derive useful information from it becomes of an issue of who you can trust to provide valid feedback. Who's to say the person who thinks DBs are overpowered isn't some disgruntled Solar wankery fanboy.

And just because the masses are generally in agreement with something doesn't mean it's correct from a balance perspective. Solar Resistance was touted by a shit ton of people from the leak onward to be a piece of flaming garbage, especially here. The Devs meanwhile were of the opinion, from the small playtests they did have, that it was in fact way too strong, the version appearing in the book was a nerfed version. Yet the majority opinion was that it was trash. It took some dedicated and mechanically savvy Anon a couple of threads to convince the rest of us that it was actually ridiculously powerful in general.

They simply don't have the manpower to make sure they find that one asshole who has a well thought out position on the balance of things, especially one without some bias.

That said, I fear their generally thin skinnedness is a generous portion of their unwillingness to do an open playtest.
>>
>>49853523
that might make sense if every other game opp was developing wasnt doing exactly that.
>>
>>49853756
And how is it working out for them? Has open playtesting found any major problems with their games?
>>
>>49853062
Open play testing isn't going to somehow make people better understand what goes into making a good system for a game, it's just going to make the system worse.
>>
>>49853523
Don't forget the multiple people who swore mind manse meditation didn't actually do anything.
>>
I'm just wondering why Holden is so afraid of showing stuff. As long as it isn't Beast: The Primordial tier (for the uninitiated, Beast came off as basically Wife Beater: The Asshole), I'm sure he'll be fine.
>>
>>49856604
I dont think they have any problem with just showing stuff, they did charm spoilers back for the core, they gave a db sail charm tree once, and some performance charms. I assume spoilers will continue to be a thing, just not with the expectation that people tell them how to do things
>>
BTW, there is a partial rescued backup of the wiki:

http://rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Main_Page
>>
>>49847701

You know, as a funny note, I always thought that Exalted would make an amazing video game...But it'd be nearly impossible to render the combat.

However, 2E fleshed out Creation so much, the setting can nearly run itself. Assuming you had unlimited amounts of processing power, it'd be like this: Creation is constantly running in real-time. You don't play characters, you play the Solar shards. The character-creation screen is just people worthy of Exaltation, and it's happening right now.

Click, and you zoom in, and now you're playing that lucky soul as one of the Chosen. It's a giant roguelike.
>>
>>49856604
I mean, there are people who are hyper invested in taking anything they can out of context and as a source of outrage.

Look at the meltdowns over fucking Volivat in the core.

Beast doesn't get this level of obsessive scrutiny because Beast is a new IP.
>>
>>49858461

What's the meltdown over Volivat? I thought that the whole Ten Daddies thing would just /y/ or even /d/ tier fan fics. Is this not the case? It's certainly not as bad as city that houses a portal to Zen Mu, the shining utopia created by the Primordials before the war.
>>
>>49858567
People read way too much into the short amount of fluff and concluded with fanfic that the whole ten fathers thing was less stuff like artificial insemination or genetic engineering and instead absolutely most definitely a gang-rape.
>>
>>49847315
Was there any problems aside from the combat system? I'm asking cause i've seni recently begun a game in 2e, there's pretty much no combat in it, so I'm wondering where it might break.
>>
>>49858663

Despite the fact that it's mentioned that there's a formula to make these, every child is born this way, and the fact that if it was gang rape, the Yennin would be found outside Volivat?

Hold on, I'm going to try and get in touch with my local Deathlord to see if I can help send all of the dumbasses careening into Oblivion.
>>
>>49858692
Often but not always, it's just too easy to kill people, so combat becomes this slow paced thing where both parties turtle behind perfect defenses or get splattered. Not very dynamic or fun.
>>
>>49858770
I'm asking if there's some non-combat stuff which is broken...
>>
>>49858692
>>49858830
Basically all the charms suffered from the whole 'do this thing perfect' thing. Yeah combat and perfect defenses are the most obvious example but other things had that problem to. In socialize there were two charms that amounted to roll some dice and completely reform society. Investigation had charms that amounted to you instantly figuring a thing out.
Besides char design various other systems had their own problems. In craft it was impossible to actually fail at making an artifact, it just took a really long time.
>>
>>49858762
>the Yennin would be found outside Volivat?

Well, their argument was that it was magical gang rape, as opposed to one of the dozen other possibilities that the process could've more likely been.
>>
Been wanting to give this a try but haven't read the books just yet. I hear a lot of good things about the combat which is what got me interested but I just have one question. Is there magic in Exalted? Like can I do some extreme shit like slam motherfuckers with a tidal wave or bring lightning down on my foes?
>>
>>49858926

There is Sorcery. It's not like D&D where you can shoot fireballs every turn or rain curses and status effects on your enemies, you need to build up Initiative, which is a kind of combat momentum to make Sorcerous attacks. That said, there's Death of Obsidian Butterflies, which hurls massive amounts of volcanic glass to tear armies to shreds; Rain of Doom, which pours acid rain down on entire cities and strikes citizens with lightning; and Magma Kraken, which summons a Magma Kraken.

The only books out are the core book and some bonus charms, so give it a read.
>>
>>49859065
That actually sounds pretty dope. Thanks a lot! Gonna take a peek at the pdf then probably buy a copy.
>>
>>49859104
The thing you need to know is that the game doesn't really handle someone hanging back and casting spells from a distance. If you want to build initiative, get some combat ability so you can drain it from your enemies, or else use Sorcerous Merits like Burning Name to get the ability to attack from range using your Occult skill and build up to your big spells.
>>
File: plentimon.png (181KB, 470x290px) Image search: [Google]
plentimon.png
181KB, 470x290px
>>49850173
Generally attack rolls involve using First, and passive skills like Sail or Lore involve Second.

But in practice it's way more exciting to use First for everything, all hail Plentimon.
>>
>>49853523
What was the breakdown of Resistance being a brutal murder wall? I don't remember the argume
>>
>>49860536

Aegis of Invincible Might + Essence Gathering Temper. Become an unkillable murder machine that regains motes every time you're hit. Combine it with Brawl charms that incentivize making a decisive attack every turn for added fun.
>>
>>49860611
Yeah, but wasn't there even an argument the guy made against the notion that the entry level combat resistance charms were trash? That's what I'm interested in, I'm dipping resistance.
>>
>>49847728
Literally all the books are 1-3 years late at this point. This edition is a joke.
>>
>>49848334
>How does that make any sense at all

It doesn't but we should be used to it by now. Holden drove 2e into the ground and 3e is stillborn.
>>
>>49860768
>Literally all the books are 1-3 years late at this point.

I remember back in 2012, Ex3 was planned to come out for Christmas of that year. And the Internet still remembers:
https://web.archive.org/web/20120927072543/http://theonyxpath.com/schedule/

Mind the disclaimer:
>This schedule indicates intent, and is not a guarantee. As time progresses, circumstances may interfere with our intent. Details subject to change. Keep checking back here for the most up-to-date schedule.

Yeah, circumstances certainly interfered like hell to change the details of what they had planned then:
>December 2012
>Exalted – Exalted Third Edition: The new edition of Exalted developed by the current team who have united and energized the fans, and featuring the return of original developer Geoff Grabowski; this edition will rekindle the original excitement of the setting, while the systems will be fine-tuned, balanced, and playtested more rigorously than any White Wolf product ever before. 400 pages. PDF/PoD/Deluxe Kickstarter.
>>
>>49858461
>Beast doesn't get this level of obsessive scrutiny because Beast is a new IP.

Beast doesn't get this level of scrutiny because
1. everyone knows that its shit and people don't need to be warned that they're buying exactly that when they purchase it.

2. Its a niche title that doesn't have 15 years of history behind it.
>>
>>49860682

If there is, I can't find it in the archives.
>>
>>49846802
Read 3e then look at 2e and weep that both are shit for different reasons despite having a good core idea.
>>
>>49857991
I've always thought that Exalted would make a good Street Fighter style arcade fighting game.
Hell, they already made a basic version in RPG form that would be perfect.
>>
Could ships be made into a battlegroup in 3e?
>>
>>49850204
thats what I thought. didn't really get the point of the 3rd since it's mutually exclusive with the other two.
figured 1 was for most things, 2 for when the penalty of failure is too high, thought maybe I'd been missing 3's niche this whole time. guess not
>>
>>49861964
like in 2e's shards?
>>
>>49863141
Yes.
>>
>>49856673
i donno, he kinda winged like a bitch when people didn't like his infernals. I think hes just waiting until it's too set in stone for us to badger them into fixing anything else so he can tell us to suck it
>>
>>49860840
It's a WoD product made by the people who did Demon. A lot of people were excited for it, a lot of people were unpleasantly surprised at what resulted.
>>
>>49863973
He didn't really. People didn't like some of the stuff, and he concluded that the Reclamation wasn't why people liked the Infernals in the first place so he dropped the Infernals 2.0 scheme that the Yozis had in the preview.
>>
>>49857991
Honestly if I had the money I would want to make an Exalted game that was essentially something like the Nobunaga's Ambition franchise with lots of kingdom and empire building/conquest, couple with a hyped up Dynasty Warriors style combat engine for battles.

I'd set the game near the beginning of the Shogunate Era, probably only a decade or two after the Usurpation. You'd be playing a fairly minor Dragon Blooded lord who slowly attempts to conquer the world. You would engage with other Dragon Blooded, Solar and Lunar Anathema, Sidereal (some of whom would want you dead). Midway through the game I'd probably include a moment where your character dies and then you play as the son or daughter to complete your parent's legacy and become the Shogun.

Well, even if it wasn't a video game, that would be my dream Exalted campaign to run.
>>
>>49863973
No. It was Neph who whined like a bitch when people didn't like his infernals.

"Waaa, I'm gonna stop writing for Exalted if you don't like my vision."

Good riddance.
>>
>>49860682
>Yeah, but wasn't there even an argument the guy made against the notion that the entry level combat resistance charms were trash? That's what I'm interested in, I'm dipping resistance.
Durability of Oak Meditation makes a mockery of a bunch of effects that deal a small amount of decisive damage. It also lasts for an entire tick, making flurries substantially less dangerous.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 306x306px
>Tfw you've never played a non-solar. Not in 2e or 3e.

Man, I'd fucking kill to play an Abyssal, Infernal, or Sidereal. I'd even be cool with 2e and all's its headaches. At least I get to tinker with them some as NPCs in the game I'm running, but it's not the same.
>>
>>49856673
>they gave a db sail charm tree onc
They did? Where?
>>
>>49864386
>tfw you could never play that Abyssal Renegade you always wanted to make because your GM said "Solars and Lunars only please"

I mean, I was still excited to play tabletop Exalted, it took me years and shit was pretty cash.
>>
>>49864512
I feel you. It's even tougher now cause Solars are the only official splat out yet in 3e, and not every ST allows the homebrew splats. Then there's the issue of finding an ST in the first place...
>>
>>49864178
YES that sounds so much more interesting than playing a solar.
>>
>>49864454
http://avatarcomic.net/ExaltedWiki/wiki/images/9/96/Terrestrial_Sail.
Its super old and they've said they're on draft six of DB charms so it may have changed a bit
>>
>>49865804
Links not working, try just clicking on the link here
http://avatarcomic.net/exalted-wiki/Charms#Dragon-Blooded_Sail
>>
>>49845136

I actually adore martial arts in Exalted. In 2e I was sad as using them felt like bashing my head against a wall, but in 3e it finally feels like I can do amazing things.

My previous character was a Dawn caste who knew Single Point. The DM was new so he had a nigh impossible time trying to actually figure out how my character didn't one shot every encounter put in front of her by the third turn. I think just before the game died he realized that I couldn't keep it up forever, but sadly dead game.

Current martial Artist is a Dreaming Pearl user, to which even the group's Dawn is afraid of having any serious fight with her because with a smattering of Dodge and Drearming Pearl she's virtually on part with him while using Melee (Also to be fair the Dawn is new to 3e)

The quest I'm current running has an Alchemical that also uses Martial Arts out the ass to pretty neat effects so far. Even if it's nearly dead I'm still having a blast running that as well.
>>
>>49857991

There was a prototype Exalted Roguelike game actually.
>>
>>49858762
>People don't immediately make excuses that are convenient to me instead of harming me with their verbal presence? What a bunch of subhuman abominations, they should all be mass murdered.
>>
>>49867575

Yeah? How was it? It sounds too good to be true.
>>
>>49858906

Frankly, I was more worried that they were all homosexuals. My mind didn't even jump to gang rape at all.
>>
>>49864178

I'd generally prefer to play a Solar, though. To be honest, the empire-building part bores me, except in the abstract sense. I'd rather have it be all about the character moments.

>>49864386

To be fair, Abyssals and Infernals are meant for rather specific types of games. Sidereals, too, since they rely heavily on their support system.
>>
File: 1458759061598.png (607KB, 1000x1468px) Image search: [Google]
1458759061598.png
607KB, 1000x1468px
>>49847369
>>49846866
>>49850140
I think it's worth noting that while Exalted 3e as a system conceptually works much better as a system than Exalted 2e, and while I would argue that the basic idea of the initiative/health system results in much more flavorful combat than D&D or the like, the actual mechanical writing is much sloppier in a lot of cases.

That is to say, the core mechanics in Exalted 2e led to boring places but were written in a way that was easy to understand and had reliable results, while the core mechanics of Exalted 3e make for overall better gameplay but have a ton of places where you just have to guess at how they're supposed to work because there's no clear resolution of a bunch of stuff.

It's kind of a two steps forward one step back thing, and it bugs the shit out of some of the fans (like me) who want a crunchy game system that runs smoothly without needing houserules just to say if some powers actually work together or not.

For a simple example: Crane Style has a Charm that says "when somebody attacks you, make a counterattack against them". It doesn't actually bother telling you whether you resolve the counterattack before, after, or at the same time as the original attack, so how combat works for a Crane Style character depends entirely on which way your GM decides it.
>>
>>49868804

It never really got past the beta phase. It worked as proof of concept, but very shakily. You were a Dawn and you fought things like Buck Orge's and heroic mortals in a five level prototype dungeon. You had charms, and often you needed to set things like whenever you wanted to use charms on defense, offense, and whatnot.

It also lacked any sort of mote regeneration, so it was borderline impossible. It was fun to flare to bonfire and get the heroic mortals to run at least.

Neat for a proof of concept though.
>>
>>49868959

I'd probably say after. If it was before an attack resolved, than Crane would basically shut down almost any kind of decisive attack.

...Though considering you have no armour, that could very well be a thing.
>>
File: 1393076814810.jpg (300KB, 719x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1393076814810.jpg
300KB, 719x1000px
>>49868959
Titty Maka is always relevant.
>>
>>49856604
Maybe it was the backer L e a k? And the shitstorm that ensued? I wouldn't trust any customers after that, even if I had stretched the deadline to FATAL levels.
>>
>>49869464

The first leak wasn't really his fault. I know who did the first leak. It was one of the people who think holden and co. are literally the worst thing to ever happen to the game line (Not memeing, not exaggerating, they *literally* believe they are the worst thing by far). That person joined the 3e playtest specifically to leak 3e. Said person didn't make a single post in the playtest forums, and the very second all the packets were finished (Charms for all 25 abilities and subsystems) the system was leaked that day.

There is literally no way you could've stopped it. It was leaked the very second that person entered the playtest. It doesn't matter that he has a Red mark either, as he considers it a victory for him.

The second leak I have no clue about though. Something about one of the Anathema creator's brought his computer into the shop and one of the employees there ripped the PDF? No idea.
>>
>>49869701
>It doesn't matter that he has a Red mark either, as he considers it a victory for him.

What a cunt. I wanted to say "that's how 4chan ruins things", but he sounds like a lot of roleplayers I know, actually.
And it's a good reason not to do open playtests, as hypothetical risk of leaks becomes a very real one when you count in the hatedom.
>>
>>49853523
>>49860611
>>49864203

To play Devil's Advocate, Resistance's power is kind of uneven throughout the tree. Iron Kettle Body is amazing, naturally, but Diamond Body Prana is kind of underwhelming for a soak boosting charm (and a Simple actoin) and the rage charms are super niche due to the two full rounds needed to put them up. Front-Line Warrior's Stamina is 4m and yet another Simple action for ~5i, and that's assuming you've got the full suite of Ox-Bodies.
>>
>>49869354
Maka a shit. Tia best girl.
>>
>>49869803

It's the suicide bomber trick. Its a really good trick, but you can only do it once. I'm pretty sure Rich knows about the other 'friends' the asshat hangs around with, so if something like DB's or Lunar's are leaked I'd actually be pretty confused.

He was an asshole as well. He used to hang around on the old sup/tg/ channel, being one of the people who used to masturbate over the glory days of 1e and tolerate early 2e. He joined one of my friend's Exalted games with another person of his, basically did the equivalent of lighting the plot and the game itself on fire before 'leaving exalted forever' to play DnD 4e (Which was in its heyday back then). I forgot what he did exactly, but it involved killing a plot essential NPC for utterly no reason then pissing off nearly all of heaven off in a Sidereal's game no less.

Oh and before he left he also deleted as many pages as he could from a private Exalted wiki some people were using to hold character sheets and homebrew on before he was banned.

This may seem greatly exaggerated, but he actually did all of this shit.
>>
>>49869850

Yea Diamond Body is a bit iffy. It takes an action, but for long battles I think you'll want to throw it up eventually.
>>
File: Swlihn.gif (182KB, 800x624px) Image search: [Google]
Swlihn.gif
182KB, 800x624px
>>49847315
This reminds me-isn't the Defense>Offense thing obviated by certain combos, because of that little part in 2e core that mentions when you have an effect that involves simultaneous attack and defense you throw the PD rules out the window and just compare Essence+Ability rating?

E.g. Bob the Defiler decides 1. he's not sure exactly what he's supposed to be Defiling for his otherwise purity-obsessed patron and 2. that combos are useful for foiling Jane the Daen who keeps killing his science experiments.

He develops Mind Scalpel Riposte by combining First SWLIHN Excellency, Counter-Conceptual Imposition, Mind-Hand Manipulation and Life-Blighting Emptiness Attack. Going by that line, wouldn't that be an example that would hence require Jane to roll Essence+Melee when she uses Heavenly Guardian Defence against Bob's attack?

Speaking of which, for best results Bob would also have all the MHM purchases, Spite-Fed Wounding Nimbus and Heuristic Logos Shintai to slap on Principle-Invoking Onslaught as an innate ability.
>>
>>49872297
Nope, Defense always trumps Attack if both effects are perfect, it is situations where there is no clear defender and attacker where perfect effects go into a roll off.

Things like stealth and awareness, tracking vs obscuring your trail, racing, that sort of thing.
>>
>>49872325
Oh.

Well poop.

I might as well get all my other Exalted misconceptions out of the way, then. The UCS automatically succeeds by a threshold of 10, but how "well done" is 10 successes supposed to actually be? Also, if Perfection Beyond Imagining caps out at 40 successes, does this mean that ability's helpless against someone who could whip out effects which can accrue more successes than that-which I've been told a minmaxed Scion can?
>>
>>49872364
10 successes is a pretty arbitrary amount and really depends on what's being done. It's enough to warrant the UCS absolutely smoking whatever the fuck it is they are doing. He beats them by a very clear threshold.

Perfection Beyond Imaging gives 30 successes to the roll off if contested by a perfect effect, so whatever the roll was, let's say Stealth to hide from a Solar. He'd roll Dex 16 plus Stealth 0, the sun isn't too sneaky it seems.

However it is POSSIBLE though very unlikely that someone could get enough successes to beat him. They would of course have to have the perfect effect in the first place stating that they are unnoticeable but then they'd go into a roll off of Perception+Awareness to notice him. Let's rocket this guy up to Essence 10 so he'd have an Attribute/Ability cap of 10 and then a 3 dot Specialty Noticing the Unconquered Sun, so he'd be rolling 23 Dice. Now, the Charm used to contest the Sun's perfect stealth is appropriately Eye of the Unconquered Sun which of all the Core Charms adds double the Solar's Essence in automatic successes so he'd be rocking a +20.

23d+20 vs 16d+30 not impossible but very, very difficult. If the Sun rolls an average of 8 success the Solar would exactly tie him only 1.73% of the time. While rolling higher than him 1.89% of the time. Now, there could exist higher Essence Charms that give better bonuses to roll offs but I'm not hunting through all of the 2e books to find them.
>>
>>49870867
You shut your mouth!
>>
Are morke and holden still liars?
>>
>>49873737
All humans are liars.
>>
>>49872541
>>49872325

Hold on, I found the specific example that made me bring up a PD-attack combo in the first place from 2e's corebook:

"Sometimes, both effects are attacks-for example, an Exalt attached with a strike that always hits might reply with a defensive Combo that always dodges and hurts the attacker on a successful dodge"

Exalted 2e corebook, p. 179

And then it lists the opposed roll rule. Doesn't that flat-out state an attack combo that incorporate a PD can turn another PD into an opposed roll?
>>
>>49873797
The corebook is somewhat badly written (early episode weirdness syndrom), but as I understand it, the point is that it's only defenses that trump attacks. In this case "and hurts the attacker on a successful dodge" makes this not-a-defense.
>>
>>49873797
>>49873797
No, it's saying if the Defensive Combo used has an attack aspect in it that is contingent upon a successful dodge then it violates it being a defense. Effectively turning the perfect defense into a perfect attack so it's perfect attack vs perfect attack which is settled via roll off.

Seven Shadow Evasion when used by itself is utterly impregnable. The user may choose to add an attack aspect to it but this knowingly voids the perfection of their defense.
>>
>>49873831
Gotcha, explains a lot in hindsight.

>>49873926
That does make more sense.

Also, what might a Gaian Bastion look like and do? What Manse powers would it most likely have, and what sort of effects would they synergise to give rise to? I've always been somewhat confused by manse design rules; some of the example manses seem a lot more open-intended than what the powers would suggest-especially the Ink Monkeys' infernal ones. And I somehow don't think the Bishop's Inauspicious Citadel is a good example.
>>
>>49870872
Seems like a guy in a need of a good beating.
>>
I find myself struck with the imperative to map StarCraft factions onto Exalted and possibly even expand it into a small shard.

Protoss = Solars, especially First Age Solars and their legacies. All crystals and golden spires with essence shields and "resources are no objection" finely-crafted single supersoldiers and artifacts of Old.
Terrans = Dragon-Blooded, The Realm. Their stuff burns down and explodes when damaged, since they don't have Art of Permanence, but they can also repair damaged stuff (and need to!) where the Solars would just junk it for parts and build a better replacement. Rather more numerous than Solars. Divided into factions with a hell of a lot of infighting, trying their best to band together against an alien menace even while fighting over the Imperial throne.
Zerg = Malfeas. A billion cannon fodder demons waiting in the wings, the Yozi as Cerebrates, regrowing lost soul-organs (3CDs and 2CDs) unless slain by Protoss Bullshit Hax, not much in the way of technology when they can spawn specialized demons for it, and what gear they do have still has this organic-looking aesthetic that's usually because it's made by melting down demons for chalcanth. Infernals are like (early story) Kerrigans.

Abyssals are obviously Dark Templar Protoss, Sidereals hardly need to change when they can be offscreen meddler third party faction of mysteriosity, but where do I squeeze in Lunars if I want to go somewhere with this?
>>
when it lists associations for various castes does this have any mechanical effect whatsoever? or just random fluff?
>>
Did the god of the great contagion ever get detailed in any book?
>>
>>49856105
ok holden
>>
>>49875868
I'm not sure there is a god of it, since it's an unnatiral plague from tge Well of Urd
>>
>>49874634

Lunars are the fusion of Zerg and Protoss
>>
>>49867575
Nice quest, faggot.

Since you seem to know about Exalted a lot, would you say that power armor is readily available in Heaven's Reach for all uniform armies?
>>
>>49868959
>That is to say, the core mechanics in Exalted 2e led to boring places but were written in a way that was easy to understand and had reliable results, while the core mechanics of Exalted 3e make for overall better gameplay but have a ton of places where you just have to guess at how they're supposed to work because there's no clear resolution of a bunch of stuff.
>It's kind of a two steps forward one step back thing, and it bugs the shit out of some of the fans (like me) who want a crunchy game system that runs smoothly without needing houserules just to say if some powers actually work together or not.
Even ignoring charms, the core 2e rules had major ambiguities and in places even directly contradicted themselves. DV in particular was a huge mess.
>>
>>49878642

If you're talking about the lack of linkage, I think I'd be banned for several days if I tried linking it to this thread. If you need a hint, search for the word "Alchemical" on /qst/.

It also depends on what you'd count as 'power armour' in Heaven's Reach. That is what we'd consider power armour IRL now vs artifact power armour.

Heaven's Reach is also something akin to 40K, in where you have worlds which are still stuck in the middle ages vs something out of Coresant in Star Wars.

But at the very least? I'd imagine most armours in HR would be sealed suits capable of some form of wireless communication. You may have some basic strength increasers for carrying heavy weaponry or long treks, but nothing like Gunzosha armour or the ones depicted in Dreams of the First Age.

I'd personally think something like the RIG armours from Dead Space would be completely possible in Heaven's Reach.
>>
>>49869850
>To play Devil's Advocate, Resistance's power is kind of uneven throughout the tree. Iron Kettle Body is amazing, naturally, but Diamond Body Prana is kind of underwhelming for a soak boosting charm (and a Simple actoin) and the rage charms are super niche due to the two full rounds needed to put them up. Front-Line Warrior's Stamina is 4m and yet another Simple action for ~5i, and that's assuming you've got the full suite of Ox-Bodies.
DBP can provide soak in between medium and heavy armor with no incompatibilities or penalties. It requires a Simple action, but so does armor unless you wear it at all times.

The rage charms are niche, but absurdly powerful.

FLWS is admittedly usually pretty shitty, but on rare occasions is surprisingly useful.
>>
what are the benefits of being inside fate? drawbacks of being outside?
>>
>>49868959
I think they leave gaping holes intentionally so they don't have to worry about balancing such decisions and getting yelled at when it breaks

leaving a third of the mechanics up to houserules gives far more wiggleroom for "oh, yeah that was how I meant it to work all along" and "oh? of course not, no reasonable person would have intended it that way... >_>" fudging flipflopping and general weaselry
>>
>>49879993
>what are the benefits of being inside fate?
Big one? Someone or something is keeping track of your physics and the physics near you, so you probably won't wake up tomorrow experiencing your life backwards, or having been spontaneously teleported into a volcano, and even if you do, someone will probably be along to fix the problem eventually.

You also inherently have some destiny or at least a place in the plan of things, which is important to a lot of people.

>drawbacks of being outside?
Nobody's doing the above for you, so basically anyone or anything that's capable of such can come along and rewrite your existence and there's no cosmic complaints department for you to file with, so to speak.
>>
>>49869850
DBP gets really powerful, especially if you stunt the roll, you can easily get artifact heavy armor stats at ess 3 with a major stunt
>>
Has anyone ever used Mortal Hero Style?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YXQTkKSokE9w6pIyZG6bWiAFYBiKDFn80G3eqyG5IQs/edit

Any idea how good it is as a mortal before a solar exaltation?
>>
>>49880365
Thats what I thought, but for some reason the books don't mention stuff like that actually happening to any of the guys who're outside fate like alchemicals(in creation) and infernals. I could see infernals getting hand waived but what about the autobots?
>>
>>49882216
also does the blurred fate mutation mess with you too? or does fate work fine and it's only hard for people to read it?
>>
>>49882216
Autochthon has his own Loom-equivalent keeping things going.

For the most part it gets glossed over because the writers kind of forgot what Sidereals--and all of Heaven, really--are actually FOR, and that they still do that job.

Remember: Physics are not the default, in Creation. They are an arbitrary construct imposed on the Chaos, and only the constant effort of the Loom and Heaven keep that construct from being devoured wholesale.
>>
>>49875868
>>49875939
I think there were four by the end, but no names and I forget which book.
>>
Reading the book of Erotic Pleasures has made me bored /tg/.

What are some good ideas for sex charms I can write for 3e?
>>
>>49883723
Sex someone so good it changes the target's sexual orientation to (You).
>>
>>49881374

I mean it gives dice adders so not bad?

Stuff like Thundering Hoof is better, as is the other TMA's in Scroll of the monk: Imperfect Lotus
>>
File: SomeoneThoughtThisIsOkay.jpg (204KB, 1194x733px) Image search: [Google]
SomeoneThoughtThisIsOkay.jpg
204KB, 1194x733px
>>
>>49883723
On the off chance this was a serious post, there isn't alot of cool hero sex things to do in the first place. CBT already covers the 'courtuer who manipulates the king/important person by whispering her desires into his ear and so on' place so.
>>
>>49886627
why is the pic not ok?
>>
File: 1472906704884.jpg (40KB, 720x694px) Image search: [Google]
1472906704884.jpg
40KB, 720x694px
>>49887420
I don't know, maybe because his pygmy body has a giant head, that was drawn first and the rest spray painted in, maybe because its his arm being a single wrinkly sausage, maybe because he has six fingers on his left hand, maybe because of the copy pasted models on the table, maybe because one of her arms is freakishly long while the other is freakishly short, maybe because they're in a circular tent with nothing in it, maybe because his body has outlines but his head isn't, maybe because its maybeline.
>>
>>49887623
I can forgive the copypasted models, models are supposed to look identical, but I want to note that the mysterious disc of light somehow joins smoothly from the table to the ground.
>>
>>49888007
If you think thats bad look at his right hand's thumb.
>>
>>49886488
Honestly, I just want to run at mach 5 after pissing off the entirety of Lookshy.
>>
>>49888314
But can you run from your guilty conscience?
>>
>>49888569
What's there to be guilty of? Damned Dragon-blooded have always kept us moratls down in the dirt for their amusement.
>>
>>49888624
bah, that's just the massive solar bias talking. the "usurpation" did nothing wrong!
>>
>>49887623
what's wrong with a circular tent with "nothing" in it? provided you don't count the people, table, map, figurines, etc.

and who says that light is coming through a round hole?
>>
>>49889784
Because its a jurt, you generally don't have living places bereft of furniture. Even if you say its a military jurt of somesort there would still be at least LIGHTING for when its not day.
>>
>>49875868
All we ever got was that the books said that during the Contagion, the gods of the Great Contagion were the size of mountains. If I were to give them stats during the time period of that singular extinction event, I would probably write them up as being comparable to the most powerful 3rd circle demons.
>>
>>49883723
I remember someone wrote up a big batch of sex Charms for Infernals back in 2nd edition. I liked the Adorjan one in particular - during sex, the Infernal's paramour would slowly lose Intimacies, and if they lost all of their intimacies their memories and personality would be destroyed. Sex with Adorjan would literally blow your mind.
>>
So uh... I think I got a demon pregnant. How fucked am I?
>>
>>49891586
I dunno, you tell us, was the demon any good in bed?

"Demons" in Exalted are not creatures of eeeeevil, they're more like "fantasy aliens", so it depends a lot on the demon. You're not going to lose your soul for it or anything (unless it was Mara, but that's just because Mara eats souls as a habit, nothing to do with getting her pregnant in particular).
>>
>>49891586
What kind of demon? First Circle? Not fucked at all.
Second Circle? Maybe, depending on what he can do with it.
Third Circle? Fairly likely.
>>
>>49891641
>I dunno, you tell us, was the demon any good in bed?
Hey hey, that stuff's private.

**Yes. Very.**

>>49891663
I think her name was Erembour.
>>
>>49891688

Erembour is one of the most important souls of the Ebon Dragon, so you likely have about 15-20 years to get all your shit together before your life takes a sudden turn.
>>
>>49891663
OTOH, practically any contact with a Third Circle is likely to leave you fucked.

>>49891688
>I think her name was Erembour.
YOU'RE FUCKED. Erembour is like the right hand of the Ebon Dragon, the biggest dick in the world. (Insert masturbation joke.) Erembour transforms people into shadow-scuttlers by her mere presence and has a giant train of these insect demons following in her wake at all time, they're just not visible until she chooses to release them.
>>
>>49891688
>Erembour
oh sweet fucking Sol Invictus you knocked up the Ebon Dragon's fetich soul

You're 300% fucked, whether or not she's actually pregnant, which is hugely unreliable given that she's as manipulative and dishonest as you'd expect the Ebon Dragon's soul to be. You got capital-I Involved in TED's affairs, and there's no getting off the ride even if you die at this point. Good luck.

Let us know how it ends, or give us more context if you really want us to try and help. Free protip: Information is your best friend and most valuable resource now. Get as much of it as you can and get as good at verifying it as you can.
>>
>>49891688
How the fuck did this actually happen? Are you SURE it's the real Erembour and not just some fucker messing with you? What did she look and act like?
>>
>>49891727
I don't think Erembour is actually portrayed as particularly malicious, though. She just loves dakrness, like, literal physical darkness, and things done under the cover of darkness. She favors lovers who have their secret or not-so-secret trysts at night, with no greater agenda behind her favor. Of course, she also favors murderers who do their murdering at night. She's not a moral being, but also not someone generally intent on fucking people up.
>>
>>49891807
Yeah, but the problem is that he's gotten this involved in Malfean politics, which is super bad news, especially when he's two steps removed from TED now.
>>
>>49891807
3CDs don't need to be malicious to fuck you up though. From Erembour's sidebar:

>In brief, a character needs a Dodge Mental Defense Value of 5 or higher to resist Erembour’s call. Those who lack it must live in darkness forever more, for the light of both the Unconquered Sun and Ligier becomes painful to them. If a character succumbs to Erembour’s call, her player must roll (Stamina + Resistance), difficulty 3, for her to avoid a physical metamorphosis. Those in Creation whose players fail the roll transform into a night-dwelling beast. Those in Malfeas become one of the eldritch creatures who dwell in the catacombs beneath the Demon City’s streets.

That's just from hearing Erembour's horn.
>>
File: 1476085861677.png (776KB, 769x580px) Image search: [Google]
1476085861677.png
776KB, 769x580px
>>49891688
>>
>>49891242

See, now shit like this I like.
>>
>>49891242
Don't suppose you have a source that survived the purge?
>>
For a custom abyssal, would giving them flavour shifted solar charms work? The one in book is kind of a chump, plus he don't know no magic.
>>
>>49892891
Wasn't popular when devs did it. Might not work for you either.
>>
>>49892891

Sure. That's what they did in 2e, and while it wasn't to great or flavourful, it'll hold out until the splatbook hits in 2025.
>>
Does anyone have the 2e/2.5e Cytherea infernal charmset lying around? Can't find anything bar a misspelled and oddly made couple of charms.

Also looking for any other strange and fun ones lying around, like Elloge or Ta'akozoka (Although I have a version of those two at the moment.)
>>
>>49892978
>>49892948
Sounds like it's gonna be like shit but making custom charms is a bitch and a half

Is necromancy just ghost/death flavoured magic? I was thinking of giving the abyssal a spell to make zombies, a spell to summon loyal ghosts out of the underworld and maybe a few kill spells slightly better than obsidian butterflies.
>>
>>49893034

Necromancy was described as letting you play as "Ghost Ghostman,Ghoster of Ghosts, And Sometimes Other Undead, But Mostly Ghosts" due to how it focuses heavily on ghosts. Because the only character raising the dead will be an NPC, there doesn't need to be a full write up beyond "Gather X sorcerous motes for spooky shit." Remember, the ST doesn't need to make fully in depth home brew, he just needs something to engage the players with.
>>
>>49893105
>Ghost Ghostman, Ghoster of Ghosts, And Sometimes Other Undead, But Mostly Ghosts
I remember that post. 8 of the first 10 Necromancy spells were shit like Disguise As Ghost and Perform Plastic Ghostsurgery, the ninth was an Infallible Messenger clone only edgy and with blood, and the tenth was this creepy awesome jewel of a spell that seized control of the target's skeleton.
>>
>>49892995
>Does anyone have the 2e/2.5e Cytherea infernal charmset lying around?
There is no such thing. Cytherea is a mystery.
>>
which martial art is best for replicating jackie chan's ladder fight and similar?
>>
>>49893954
you didn't consider the homebrew you fool
>>
>>49895581
no idea how good any of these are, first result on google and never used them myself https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:BcuW3_KBehkJ:https://www.rpnation.com/topic/50068-the-neverwar-the-neverwar-approved-yozi-trees/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

personally I don't picture her themes would really be anything like that, but shes such a blank slate that whatever
>>
>>49895596
>>49895581
Thanks man. I've been looking for generally any homebrew charms to collect them like some sort of weird charm hoarder.
>>
>>49895560
(other than solar hero which is more like "i headbut the mountain until it stops being in my way" with a slight side of jackie chan prop stuff because solars have to be the best at everything)
>>
>>49895560

There was a cut martial art that was literally all about fighting with a ladder.
>>
>>49895560
Orgiastic Fugitive Style

Swaying Grass Dance, maybe?

First Pulse Style for certain

Terrible Ascent-Driven Beast for some of his movies
>>
How long does it take the average Dragon-blooded to learn a Terrestrial Martial art in the fluff? Or is it never really stated?
>>
>>49895773

It's not really stated. You could maybe extrapolate from the training times in 2e, but that doesn't account for the fact that PCs are freakishly fast-growing by design.
>>
>>49895813
That sucks :\

Thanks tho
>>
>that feel when Exalted is so damn lewd most of the time, I just wish all my games were ERP but it's IRL so that's not happening
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-22+at+02.02.55).png (247KB, 1867x953px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-22+at+02.02.55).png
247KB, 1867x953px
This kills the starting brawl character
>>
>>49896006

The rule of thumb holds for Brawl, actually: 3-5 Charms counts as "good for a Solar," 10 Charm investment is "I'm going to rape someone sideways and my dick is [Ability]-shaped."

And yes, this even applies to Craft, which can hit "regularly crafts Artifact 5s" in 5-ish Charms.
>>
>>49896069

But there are so many fun things, spread out all across it. Who doesn't want to punch someone and send them flying, or suplex trains?

Also going super saiyan.
>>
>>49896006

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

There are way too many charms in this book. Hell, there were way too many charms in 2e even. They should've cut the charm count in 3e to nearly 1/4th nearly the entire charm count.

Staying to other systems remains the same in 3e it appears, fuck this game.
>>
>>49896006
>>49896096

Speaking of, can brawl be used with any weapons like certain martial arts, or only unarmed?
>>
>>49896377

It can be used with anything tagged Brawl or Improvised (which also use Brawl, I believe).
>>
>>49896401

Oh neat, so you can literally bash someones face in with a frying pan. I assume it doesn't have any restriction for armor?
>>
>>49896340

I'm honestly kinda annoyed by how many of them are just 'Play a bit with dice' rather than really doing much new.
>>
>>49896450
>>49896340

I'm not sure about the rules but Brawl always used to be pretty damn mediocre in damage and such compared to melee so it is a shame that the Brawl tree is such a clusterfuck, since they seemed like they could have used a bit of a buff.
>>
>>49896514

Brawl is plenty powerful, dude, it's just a big tree.

The power isn't diluted, it just has a lot going on for it.

>>49896413
No, no armor restriction.
>>
>>49896413

Brawl has no armour restrictions and can be used with any weapon with the Brawl or Improvised tag. Only Martial arts places restrictions on weapons or armour.
>>
>>49895737
Do you remember the name? I'd like to see if somebody completed it as homebrew
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 654x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 654x473px
>>49891688

Nigga how the FUCK did you mess up this badly? Erembor is the fetich soul of the Ebon Dragon, she is to the Ebon Dragon what Ligier is to Malfeas. Which means you've made the worst possible mistake anyone in Exalted could make; You let yourself come to the Ebon Dragon's attention. You'd have been better off if you'd knocked up Ajordan; At least she would have just killed you. The Ebon Dragon isn't going to kill you; He's going to fuck with you. You are now a pawn in his game, to be used whenever it suits him, or just when it amuses him.

Pray tell anon, how the fuck did you get in this situation in the first place? How did you meet her? What lead up to this? What Exalt type are you playing? You're already fucked, but the least you can do is tell us how this happened.
>>
>>49896813

Erembour isn't the fetich of Ebby, by the way; she's his seventh soul.
>>
>>49896832
She isn't? Could have sworn she was. Either way, that's a third circle demon, there's absolutely no way the Ebon Dragon doesn't know about him now.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-22+at+03.46.00).jpg (204KB, 767x874px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-22+at+03.46.00).jpg
204KB, 767x874px
The rules looked a bit unclear on this, but do you actually need to have strength of 7+ as well as roll 10 successes in case you want to OH YEAH yourself through a brick wall? How are you supposed to get your strength that high?
>>
>>49896869

Nah, the Fetich Soul was left ambiguous so any given party would have an alternative way of defeating the Ebon Dragon should that scenario ever come up. Ligier, in contrast, was given a small amount of Fuck You And Everyone You Brought With You because destroying the prison-city of the Primordials would change the setting in huge ways.
>>
>>49896648

It was in one of the unleaked playtests.

We'll see it eventually.
>>
>>49896915
Yes, you'd need Strength 7 and 10 successes. As for how to get that, Increasing Strength Exercise and Nine Aeons Thew.
>>
>>49896915

Yes. Increasing Strength Exercise (Add Strength up to Ess. or Double base strength), Ten Ox Meditation (convert successes to strength), Aegis of Unstoppable Force (decrease difficulty of FoS by two), or Nine Aeons Thew (Always qualifies for FoS)
>>
File: 1437406043903.jpg (37KB, 273x273px) Image search: [Google]
1437406043903.jpg
37KB, 273x273px
>>49896957
>>49896915

>Ignores Strength requirement
>Boost yourself up to 20-30 successes
>Throw the wizards tower at the wizard
>>
>>49896340
nice opinions anon
>>
>>49896915
how damn heavy is a yeddim it takes 20 strength to deadlift? *eyes rest of list* exalted writers have no sense of scale at all
>>
>>49896915

Yeddim are enormous though. I'd say lifting one above your head is far more impressive than throwing a mammoth
>>
>>49896915

Would anything break if one ignores the Strength requirements for feats of strength?
>>
>>49897140

Then anyone with an excellency could reach pretty crazy results. I guess it would diminish a true strongman character.
>>
>>49896401
Awesome, I've been looking for rules for my Athletics Supernal to model tossing boulders and shit: Thrown is all about muh ninja stars. Would brawl be a good choice for a Zenith with all the Feat of Strength charms that wants to punch buildings into rubble and toss scenery at people? Are there ways to use Athletics to combo with Brawl's stacking onslaught penalties to play keep-away with enemy ISP's while doing awesome things like forcing us to ride down an avalanche while the Zenith jumps from boulder to boulder as they tumble down, stacking Onslaught while keeping out of range of the enemy's melee?
>>
>>49897149

Ten Ox Meditation, Aegis of Unstoppable force, and Nine Aeons Thew will be rendered useless, and everyone with Athletics will be capable of amazing FoS that require 7+ strength, as opposed to just the ones that took the charms for it.
>>
>>49897156

Throwing anything at an opponent is with Thrown, not just using ninja stars.
>>
>>49897189

I'd personally go with if Athletics if you throw something that's so big you need feats of strength to do it. Giant boulders and the like.
>>
>>49897223

It's really up to the GM themselves.

In in 2e, there was a charm in Athletics that specifically let people lift and throw giant objects at others, but it still called for using Thrown to actually hit them.
>>
>>49891242
I need more information.
>>
>>49897171
Is there any point to buying Ten Ox Meditation if you have Nine Aeons Thew?
>>
>>49897293

No. TOM is for low Strength characters, in fact. The math of it only really works out if you have Str1 or 2.
>>
What would be the difficulty for a Feat of Strength to break something made of the five magical materials? Like, say, dramatically breaking an Abyssal's daiklave over your knee after you take it from him?
>>
>>49897325
I'm considering letting my Athletics supernal player take it for free so that they can do minor feats like punching through walls and lifting drawbridges without having to spend willpower for NAT, since ignoring the str requirement totally encourages going all out feats of impossible mountain-headbutting whenever doing a feat rather than having any reason to conserve.

>>49897338
Add the dot rating to the difficulty?
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-22+at+04.34.31).jpg (40KB, 322x216px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-22+at+04.34.31).jpg
40KB, 322x216px
Would a charm like Spirit-Maintaining Maneuver and other Intengrity charms be able to resist the effect of mental stealth charms?
>>
>>49897363
Depends on the Charm.

If it's trying to get in and scrub your mind clean, yeah, I'd probably let that work.

If it's just slipping out of their attention, probably not so much. That's not really an attack, just the sneaker being THAT stealthy.

>>49897338
I probably wouldn't allow it without specialized magic to that effect; Athletics Charm to destroy even normally-indestructible things or somesuch.
>>
>>49897325

That or you lack Essence 5/Athletics Supernal
>>
Favorite 2e sorcery absorption?

most fun terrestrial ma? most fun cma?
>>
>>49897101
Yeddims weigh exactly the amount yeddims weigh.
>>
>>49896813
>What Exalt type are you playing?
Dawn Solar.

>How did you meet her? What lead up to this?
I was leading a mercenary company and this Guild dude showed up offering loads of cash for protecting this dude of his, a diplomat or merchant or somesuch. Never got his name, never asked. The job was to watch over him while he talked to Makarios about some trade quota business.

Anyways, I was waiting outside the chamber while those two were talking, and noticed she was waiting outside too. She said she was waiting for me. Didn't know what was up with that, I don't know her from anything, but whatever. We talked for a while, she seemed pretty friendly, hell of a conversationalist. She knew a lot of dirty jokes too, which was surprising since a lot of demons we've met were pretty stuffy. Forgot to ask her name for some reason.

No idea how much time passes, but diplomat dude comes out, says the negotiation was a success and we go back to Creation in ten days. He says I'm free to do some R&R before we gotta sadle up and go back home.

So I'm chilling at the palace, when she comes over again. We started talking, sharing drinks, whatever. One thing leads to another, and before I know it I'm sharing a bed with her. Can't complain, really. She got dressed while I lied down and said something about expecting me here again soon. Whatever, lots of women say the same. That's when I realized I forgot to ask her name. She told me it, then left.

We're back in Creation now, heading back to Nexus. Found some silver knick-knack in my pocket, which I think is hers. Should I return it or what?
>>
>>49897759
nigga you are the dumbest Exalt to ever walk Creation. How did you not get ganked by a Wyld Hunt in your first week?
>>
>>49897140
nothing....except (obviously) feats of strength

why would you do this?
>>
>>49897819
they were too busy keeping the world from going even more to shit(or at least slowing it down), same as everything else they or sids don't do, same as they have been doing for millennia
>>
>>49891242
I prayed to Google for them and Google failed me.
>>
>>49897223
>I'd personally go with if Athletics if you throw something that's so big you need feats of strength to do it. Giant boulders and the like.
Nope. Thrown.
>>
File: There really aren't.jpg (118KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
There really aren't.jpg
118KB, 600x341px
>>49897759

>Found some silver knick-knack in my pocket, which I think is hers.

Holy shit on a stick, you actually have Erembours silver horn don't you? The one shaped like a ram? The one that summons every creature of the night within nine miles? The one that drives men and demons alike insane? The one that transform them into slavering beasts permanently bound to shun the light and become obsessed with the dark? The one that also affects Exalts as well? Holy shit, how did you end up with something like that that could bring entire Realm satrapies to ruin by simply blowing into it one? That guild caravan? They're all insane now. That entire district in Nexus? They shun the sunlight. That family gathering of one of the eleven great houses of the Dragon Blooded? There's only ten great houses now.

You know, what not test it to see that it actually is the horn of Erembour. Wait until night time and test it out. If you and everyone with ten or so miles turns into a sun hating mutant, even if it's just yourself, it's the real deal.

Holy shit, your Circle needs to put you on a fucking leash.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 680x371px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 680x371px
>>49897759
>She said she was waiting for me
>A third circle demon of the Ebon Dragon was waiting for you, despite you having never met her before

If I were you I'd be scared. Very VERY scared. I'd tell you to run, but it's already too late.
>>
>>49898268
It's actually a ring. Doesn't seem to fit me, unless you count my pinky.

>>49898275
Why, is that bad?
>>
>>49898477
Well, if it had been her actual silver horn, you'd be in deep shit for having a magical WMD. If it's just a ring, then it's more likely to just be a token from Erembour basically claiming you as hers or whatever. Still don't try to put it on, especially not on a cock.
>>
File: 1446565484131.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1446565484131.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
>>49898477

Books don't say anything about a ring, unless the ST has decided that the horn could turn into one, but I think that the biggest, worst possible thing that the ring could be is that it's much worse then the horn could ever be, that it is instead an engagement ring.

Good luck mate. You should probably take thing that to your Twilight caste in order to have it appraised.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 394x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 394x297px
>Mfw trying to think of names for a circle of Abyssal NPCs

Fuuuuuck, as if normal names weren't hard enough. So far I've got "The Sanguine General of the Ghostly Legions" (Shortened to Sanguine), "The Forlorn Widow in Raiments of Black" (Widow), and the Artificer of...that's as far as I got with that name. Anyone willing to help me out? Let me detail each of the Abyssals, that should help with names, and while I'm at it I can get feedback on how they sound as antagonistic NPCs. Campaign is in the West, for reference, and all of them involve drowning because that's the theme behind their Deathlord.

>Dusk caste
Once the prince of a small island tribe, which was destroyed by invading Raksha. He and the majority escaped on a boat, while his father and a few others stayed behind to hold the Fair Folk back. The ship was then encountered by a Guild slaver ship, who capitalized and threw them all in chains, to be sold to hungry Raksha. Unwilling to be sold into slavery, let alone to Raksha, he led a mutiny among the slaves. It failed, and he was thrown overboard with his arms bound and rocks tied to his feet. Then his Deathlord offered him a second chance and he promptly swam up and slaughtered the Guild merchants. His people were so impressed by this that they followed him into death, and now make up an elite force in the deathlord's undead armies, led by the Dusk himself.

>Midnight caste
Once a happily married woman with three kids, she lost her husband to war and all her children to disease. In her grief, she tried to drown herself when her Deathlord came to her and offered a chance to end others' sorrow as well. Now she prevents others from feeling loss by killing them and their loved ones at once, before one can lose the other. In case you haven't guessed, she's a liiittle unhinged.

(Continued, ended up writing more than I meant to, sorry.)
>>
>>49898649
>Day caste
Former Dynast. Was his parents' favored son until he didn't exalt, then they gave up on him. He went to the Heptagram and became a sorcerer in an attempt to make them love him again, but it didn't work. His parents sent him to a satrapy in the West so they didn't have to see him again, but the ship was attacked by pirates and he went overboard. Then the Deathlord came to him and offered him power that would far surpass that of his brothers and sisters, and he accepted. Now he's the primary smith for his deathlord's arsenal and fleet, and has a bit of an inferiority complex, where he goes off the walls if anyone proves or insinuates that they're better than him.

>Day caste
Grew up in a Realm satrapy, and was psychotic even before she became an Abyssal. Took pleasure in killing things, so she became a serial killer. When she was discovered, she tried to escape on a boat but was pursued and sunk by the Realm's ships (she'd killed a few non-exalted Dynasts and had earned the local Dragonbloodeds' ire). She would have drowned, had her Deathlord not come to her with an offer to see even more death. She happily accepted, and if she wasn't insane before, now she has the very loud whispers of the Neverborn in her head, urging her to perform even more vile acts.

(Continued again, fuck I hate character limit)
>>
>>49898667
Sorry, first Day caste was supposed to be Daybreak caste, my bad.

>Moonshadow caste
Former resident of Abalone and daughter of a wealthy merchant, she wanted to be a sailor despite the fact she was a woman, but her father had forbidden her from joining the Tya. One night, she snuck out and sailed one of her father's smaller ships out to sea for a joyride, when a Storm Mother noticed her. Not taking kindly to the sight of a woman sailing in her territory, she sent a storm which sent her adrift into a reef. The ship sank with her in it, and when she looked down into the depths, on the border of drowning, there was her Deathlord with a tempting offer. She's now his admiral, second in naval command only to the Deathlord himself, and is often called on to use the Moonshadow oath to ensure a new servant's loyalty (the Deathlord has a bit of a thing about betrayal due to the Usurpation).

Anything come to mind for names? Thoughts on the NPCs themselves?
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 600x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 600x376px
>>49898477
Pffft, "is that bad" he says. No anon, that's not bad. It's terrifying.

You have officially drawn the attention of the biggest manipulator in the game. The Ebon Dragon isn't just a manipulator, he INVENTED the concept of manipulation, double-crossing, lying, and being a huge dick. If Erembor, who is a third circle demon and thus one of his seven souls, said she was waiting for you, that means you're already a piece in his game. You don't know it yet, but you are already five steps into some plot by the Ebon Dragon, and it's going to be very difficult to get out of it, even for a solar.

You have attracted the intention of Creation's biggest troll, the guy who wrote the book on lying and manipulation. Think on that for a second.
>>
>>49898769

I'd still say the Neverborn are worse.

One of the circle members in my past game attracted their direction attention once.

Spooky shit man. Spooky shit.
>>
>>49898649

I once named mine
"receiver of overwrought title,"
(ends with a comma because that was the short version. it's followed by an unspecified paragraph about bearing witness to the end of days and a couple pages of shitty goth poetry. his full name was never revealed)
>>
>>49898807
Get back to work, Jukashi.
>>
>>49898692
>>Moonshadow caste
Reflection in Moonlit Waters

>Day caste
Bite Of Gravedust

>Daybreak caste
Calligraphy of a Cracked Mirror
>>
>>49898769
maybe he has no plan. this was just a one night stand to never be thought of again while everybody else freaks out and destroy themselves. zero effort trolling by throwing a few paranoia gambits around.
>>
>>49898792
they don't really /have/ attention to attract though, they're a bit too dead for that sort of thing
>>
>>49898906
I sincerely doubt that. If that was the Ebon Dragon or Erembor's plan, they would have made sure he knew who they were from the start. Besides, this is a Solar. There are no better subjects for his nefarious plots in all Creation.
>>
>>49898925

Not when you enter one of their tombs and gain whispers N/A
>>
>>49899205

That's still not really attention, it's just a result of being exposed to the Neverborn.

They're suffering uncountably infinite agonies.
>>
new guy to exalted.

Here is a question for you guys. How are you dealing with high level play where it all goes down in pretty much "whoever goes first makes a stain on a wall, from his opponent, in 1 round". There is no way to emulate two guys punching each other, redesigning the local environment in the process. It is just "I punch you first. You are dead. What a epic struggle"

So far I like the setting but system is so ugly.
>>
>>49901282
Which version? Because neither 2e nor 3e really does that - the former has perfect defences, the latter doesn't work that way
>>
>>49901296

I'm currently reading 1ed. I know 2ed is "shadowrun die syndrome: d10 edition". And I skimmed through 3rd ed and from looks of it decisive strike is prettymuch "oneshot" unless you have billion wounds/hitpoints.

So is there a way to emulate two guys exchanging blows for a period of time?
>>
>>49901321
>I'm currently reading 1ed.

Don't

>So is there a way to emulate two guys exchanging blows for a period of time?

3e is designed that way. You have to make Withering attacks, where you trade blows, scrape blades along their armor as they dodge, that ort of shit. Then when you have built up enough initiative, you blow your load and go for the throat with a decisive attack.

Unless you build specifically for it, you can't just Decisive right off the blocks
>>
>>49896069
>10 Charm investment is "I'm going to rape someone sideways and my dick is [Ability]-shaped."

I have a Dawn with War supernal that's done this. Demoralizing Fortified Pincer Ambushes with shock troopers, all day every day.
>>
>>49896006
>tfw Occult or Lore supernal

You know nothing of hell
>>
>>49901333
>Unless you build specifically for it, you can't just Decisive right off the blocks

It's ridiculously easy to "build specifically for it" though: Living Shadow Preparedness (E2), Blinding Battle Feint (E1), no prerequisite charms on either.

This lets you Join Battle with a roll of (Wits+Larceny)x2 + (Dexterity+Stealth) and start out hidden if you beat the other guy's Join Battle result, which is almost certain because you're rolling the equivalent of three fucking dicepools, each of which you can use an excellency on separately.
>>
>>49901333

Ignore this anon. With a handful of charm choices you can still do hundreds of levels of damage right off the start of combat with no real way to avoid it other than making sure you go first.

Use another system for Exalted. Any other system. Even homebrew Pathfinder using the Epic system is better
>>
>>49901404
Ok you invested two charms and two WP into a trick you can only use on one Decisive attack a day: You can certainly fuck a dude six ways from sunday. You haven't broken the system though. The trick doesn't solve problems that aren't single combat once per day. It's powerful and pretty badass but not gamebreaking.
>>
>>49898823
What is he up to these days anyway? I know he's QM'd on tgchan but is he a regular there or elsewhere?
>>
Am I reading Iron Whirlwind Attack correctly? (Stamina) number of attacks, say three, so you get 2 hits of 1 initiative each +3 to each due to Fire and Stones Strike for 4 decisive dice and then all the rest of your init on the final one where the enemy has a -2 Onslaught penalty and probably wound penalties? You can use a single activation of TAP and apply it to all of them, right? Only the Melee Excellency doesn't enjoy the copying?
>>
>>49901407
What are you even on? Talking about what, Southpaw Empress? If you avoid one of her attacks or pull a trick to zip out after she starts she falls apart. The combo up above? Awareness charms CAN beat it, and it still requires you to hit your target. If you fail the attack your back out in the open and lost a hunk of init already.

Either of these? A high res Solar can actually facetank the decisive using Adamant Skin pretty reliably. You get a few dice off but he has like 20 HL and you're down to 3 init and out of motes.
>>
>>49901672

I have a player at my table with a super tough Zenith that has the Unusual Hide merit, but we're still new to the system so we don't really know the charm trees all that well. I'm gonna have to show that charm to him so he can get Stamina+Armor+Unusual Hide soak vs decisive attacks when he hits E2
>>
>>49901744
Oh man, Adamant makes them so much scarier, it's easier to use than the other perfects if you buff yourself with the right charms. And decisive blows above like 50 are what you need to start threatening them at that point.

Plus you can go out with Super Heavy Plate artifact armor and a castinf of Invulnerable Skin of Bronze to be MAXIMUM ASSHOLE UNKILLABLE CLUNKOTRON. It's fucking nuts.
>>
>>49901816
>CLUNKOTRON
Athletics Supernal says otherwise. Everything else checks out.
>>
>>49898477
HOLY SHIT IT'S THE EBON DRAGON'S WEDDING BAND.
DON'T
FUCKING
WEAR IT !
>>
>>49901853
>>49898477
DO IT FAGGOT

YOU GET ALL HIS CHARMS FOR FREE
>>
>>49901830
Oh, there's still clunking, it's just horrifying because it's like some highspeed mecha anime shit still.

But point is, it's the best way to deal with "Nothing personnel kid" stealth guys. High soak with the "apply to decisive" cheat will fuck them up. Because they still hit, so they reset to base, you crash them, follow up with your own decisive, which if they spent half as much as most of these people assume they do, WILL hit, and put them into -2's easy, beginning an easy death spiral.

The game isn't rocket tag, unless you go out of your way to make it so by trying to bypass withering attacks. It's a risky strat.
>>
>>49901894
Including those charms which are "your virtues become 1", "your dicepool for not dicking people over becomes 1", and other such ebony dragony drawbacks.
>>
Can someone give an overview of movement in combat? What are interesting things that can be done regarding hit and run attacks and mechanically interesting movement in combat beyond stunting? The combination of Heaven Thunder Hammer, Thunderclap Rush Attack, and Falling Hammer Strike seem to be begging for a way to get in chip damage while kiting. Is that even possible?
>>
>How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Are these actually any good? I haven't had the stones to look yet, but has anyone had a positive experience joining an online Exalted game? Honest questions, any wisdom would be appreciated. I love the setting so much but I have no friends
>>
>>49902009
I am currently having a positive experience running an online Exalted game (2.5e infernals).
>>
>>49898989
Eh, 3CDs are actually capable of doing things that aren't part if their Yozis plans or orders. It *could* have been just Eremour having some fun. It probably wasn't, because an ST isn't going to introduce Erembour just t have her be a one-ight stand with no lasting significance, but there is nothing in the fluff making this implausible. Also, if the poster in questionis lucky, his ST isn't a mouthbreathr and doesn't use the 2E version of Ebby.
>>
>>49901333
>Don't
why not? it's a good source for fluff since 2e wasn't allowed to repeat things
>>
I have a big problem.

On the one hand I have players that love playing Exalted (not many, and no ST beside forever me, but at least they are consistent and invested).
On the other, I fucking love Chronicles of Darkness 2E (especially Mage), with its genius way of handling XP, having Aspirations per player character, and utilizing Conditions to non-lethally inflict harm/change on player characters in exchange for XP.

A) Is there an existing houserule system how to include Aspirations, Conditions, and XP generation into Exalted 3E?
B) If not, how would one do that? What is important for houseruling that when trying to keep the spirit of the Exalted game alive?

I am most interested in your ideas fellow fa/tg/uys.
>>
>>49902694
I'm lazy, could you link me to their general so I can more easily look at the book pdfs?
>>
>>49901853
>>49901894
I can't. My fingers are too big.
>>
>>49903870
peel off enough flesh that you can? an entire infernal tree for less than some pay for terrestrial sorcery
>>
>>49903870

You already said that it fits on your pinky. More importantly? Did you meet Erembour outside of Malfeas? Third Circle Demons can only leave Malfeas when summoned, and can only be summoned by an Essence 5 Solar. If that's what happened, then there's some serious shit going on in the background
>>
>>49904385
>Third Circle Demons can only leave Malfeas when summoned, and can only be summoned by an Essence 5 Solar.
Wrong. Every demon has a release condition that can lead him to Creation unbound. On top of that, there's Sorcerous Workings in e3 that can let them enter Creation.
>>
File: fractal.png (95KB, 630x592px) Image search: [Google]
fractal.png
95KB, 630x592px
>>49904467

>All

"That Which Calls to the Shadows cannot physically escape Malfeas without being summoned, but the music of her horn sometimes drifts unbidden between the worlds with terrible consequence." Roll of Gloious Divinty 2, page 47.

You're right about workings though. I guess I just didn't want to entertain the notion of an unbound 3CD walking around without anyone to keep an eye on her.

>MFW contemplating very possible scenario for the Dawn-Anon, and they're all equally terrible.
>>
what are the best westerns?

best kungfu movies?
>>
Sandact6, are you the QM from maka quest
>>
>>49904701
all yall people are why yozi gotta smite creation. she just wanted to bang the guy and liked his dirty jokes. NOW shes gotta fuck you over, but thats more cause you suspicious bastards hurt her feels. it /was/ just a funny malfean slice of life scene, but now?
>>
>>49904842
>best westerns
Start by being a casual and watching anything staring Clint Eastwood. Take note of what actors you liked in those movies and watch other westerns that they either starred in or were in. You'll end up watching some garbage, but you'll also probably find some hidden gems.

>best kung-fu movies?
As above, but replace Clint Eastwood with Bruce Lee and Donnie Yen.
>>
>>49904970
What's maka quest?
>>
>>49904842
>>49905107
>not mentioning Chow Yun Fat
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>49901282

This literally cannot happen when two Exalted are fighting. As long as you have a Perfect Defense, you cannot die. Even the weakest Exalted can hold off a far more powerful one just by going full defense. (Assuming Solar-tier Exalts. Dragonblooded have a LOT more difficulty.)

However, you WILL splatter mortals with one punch. That's sort of the point of the game. You want to kill a human or quasi-human, he's fucking dead.
>>
>>49905226
I knew I was forgetting something. Please forgive me.
>>
>>49901404
I still laugh at the Living Shadow Preparedness + Blinding Battle Feint combo. With every fibre of my body I want to disallow it, as join battle is an awareness roll, even if BBF lets you just substitute in Dex + Stealth.
>>
>>49904970
No that's Exaltedfag
>>
>>49905610
It's not an Awareness roll i it doesn't use Awareness, obviously. The real problem with that combo is the idiocy about banked successes counting as non-Charm successes. If you could just add full Excellency/2 successes to a Stealth-based Join Battle, while being unable to further enhance the roll with an actual Excelleny, there would beno problem.
>>
>>49905757
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1505x6iTqnrWVxC5pwwWHMzDsUBukCCJfegz5g8ahjcY/edit

Says I need permission.
>>
>>49891242
>>49905757
To add to this, there's a huge collection of sex charms, artifacts etc. someone collected here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4y0UWJLcwy1RkowRTZGbW5IeUE/edit
>>
>>49905757
You might want to make that googledoc public. Then again, you might not.
>>
>>49905756
Join battle is in itself and awareness roll. The fact that BBF substitutes in Stealth + Dex makes it a stealth roll. I 100% agree, non-charm successes just make that stupid. So stupid to the point where I just don't allow it. I tend to make sure my players know that I will in fact count them as charm successes, because otherwise that completely busts the system. Seriously how did the dev's think that was okay?
>>
File: Deal with it Desus.gif (886KB, 239x413px) Image search: [Google]
Deal with it Desus.gif
886KB, 239x413px
>>49905779
>>49905776
>>49905772

This should do it. Sorry about that.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1505x6iTqnrWVxC5pwwWHMzDsUBukCCJfegz5g8ahjcY/edit?usp=sharing

I have several more Yozi sex Charms but looking back I'm not terribly happy with them.
>>
>>49905776
Oh. Neat. I guess someone put some of the Charms I made in that collection. Well, there you go.
>>
>>49905883
>I have several more Yozi sex Charms but looking back I'm not terribly happy with them.

I would still like to see them.
>>
>>49905883
>>49905776

it is difficult to express my disappointment that the alchemicals' section of this is empty. somebody needs to fix this oversight.
>>
>>49906100
>writing material for E2.5

Meh. At least the artifact section is easy to port over and provides inspiration.
>>
>>49903843
one better, the correct link not in their current general:

https://mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw!PJYEwATA
>>
>>49902009

I had no friends before I started as well anon, and now I have nearly two dozen!

Believe!
>>
>>49904970

No, that's Exaltedfag. I'm the person who wrote the Alchemical 3e homebrew, ST Guide, Infernal 3e Homebrew, and Alchemical Blade Quest.
>>
would you allow an infernal to create a heretical charm to delete learned charms?(disabling any that depend on the charm as a prerequisite until it's relearned)

(prereqs something like freedom lets go, gifts of greater glory, palaces like sandcastles)
>>
>>49906285
Mostly, no. Part of what sets an Infernal apart from a Solar is that the Solars get personal excellence in all things; the Infernals get someone else's terrible transhuman power that warps them as they channel more of it. They shouldn't get to "un-warp" if they regret it.

That said, Triumphant Howl of the Devil-Tiger does give you a chance at converting some former Yozi charms in favor of Neo-Titan charms, and I think it could reasonably be expanded to converting a wider selection (as written, it's only General Charms and things that depend on General Charms). But that should stay a one-shot thing on the path that gets the attention of the Yozis, IMO.
>>
>>49906285
What if it was something a fiend could use to delete cross-splat charms only? Maybe add something from the devil-tiger path as a prerequisite.

If you were hoping to be able to refund your xp just learn charms through wishes using the fine print modifier? "I grant myself this charm so long as I never allow myself to be willingly or unwillingly manipulated into saying "respec"" and then laugh as your ST dives across the table to slap you
>>
>>49906355
aww...so no reacting to an outbreak of torment by researching, creating, and learning one of those embarrassing sex charms to fuck with my urge yozi and immediately "letting it go" from myself while they're stuck permanently modified in some silly way?
>>
>>49906588

No. Not the least of which because that whole aspect of GSP Charms is fucking dumb.

"Yeah let's just boil a huge campaign-spanning thing into 3 custom Charms and a couple weeks jerking off."
>>
>>49906977
theres usually some sort of quest or hoops the st makes you go through to research those three charms, and the huge campaign spanning thing is most likely happening before essence 6 since gameplay doesn't generally get that far anyway. solars can pull off similarly "this should have been an entire game, you've done it in one night" charms by that point anyway
>>
>>49907076
>theres usually some sort of quest or hoops the st makes you go through to research those three charms,
1) Not in my experience.
2) Even if he did, all you've done is replace the actual mechanic ("GSPs can change the Yozi by learning new Charms for that Yozi") with the one everyone else has ("people can change the Yozi by undergoing huge quests").

So you're admitting that the mechanic is bad, because you're functionally removing it.

>and the huge campaign spanning thing is most likely happening before essence 6
You don't need to be Essence 6 to learn custom Charms or take Heretical ones.

A GSP could do this from chargen if they wanted to.
>>
I'm short on good pics, someone make new thread?
>>
>>49908358
Make a new thread yourself, faggot. Find one good picture for the OP pic, say it's "Exelated Genera. - image dumb edition, again", and watch the pics flow in.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.