[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they loyalists? There is a theory that at least Omegon is.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: Alpha_Legionnaire.jpg (25KB, 250x410px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_Legionnaire.jpg
25KB, 250x410px
Are they loyalists? There is a theory that at least Omegon is.
>>
>>49842376
I have no idea who "they" are.
>>
>>49842376
Nah, I think they just have their own agenda.
After 10,000 years, even if they started Loyal they're probably more than a bit skewed to Chaos. Maybe they just wish to be aggravaters of chaos' inevitable self-consumption.
>>
>>49842392
That's because you're a stupid fucking noob let me guess your knowledge about Chaos boils down to ebin blood for the blood god right? Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>49842392
You could try googling the file name, newfag.
>>
Well, seeing as there's suggestions that Omegon founded the Grey Knights, I'm fairly certain he did.

Also, having the first grand master be named Janus (the God with two faces) seems like a not so subtle hint.
>>
>>49842376
well first of all they're traitors but they're actually loyal but they betrayed this one guy but it wasn't actually a betrayal they were doing it so they could betray this other guy who thought they were loyal to him all along but in reality they were definately traitors all along except for that one time they were loyal but they may have been traitors then or maybe not
>>
>>49842392
Newfag get out, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Alpharius_Pythian_Scales.jpg (792KB, 873x876px) Image search: [Google]
Alpharius_Pythian_Scales.jpg
792KB, 873x876px
Have only read Legion. I know there's a short story exploring this subject but I like to think that 'Alpharius' being dead[/dead] and Omegon doing his own thing is more disinformation.

A fractured XXth doesn't fit the intents of the legion. I think their goal is to ensure human survival, rather than the Emperor's or the Imperium.
>>
>>49843264
Gdit I fucked up the tags whatever.
>>
>>49842376
> Yes
> No
> Maybe
Your choice of:
> Lobster
> I don't know
>>
>>49842376
I don't think there is a 'they' anymore.

Like every other first Legion, even the Loyalist ones (See:Chapters) Are not united anymore, escpecially those who aided Horus and fled to the Eye or elsewhere.

It is inevitable with Space marines, who have extremely strong personalities, to fall to infighting and ideological differences even in their own groups. The Only thingss that held them together were the Primarchs when they were stable, sane and alive, and the Emperor.

The 'Alpha Legion' is like every other Chaos Legion, they long since broke into many different cells or warbands who all have different plans and goals.

Regardless of what it was when unified during the Heresy, their Goals are different now. Maybe some believe themselves loyalists, maybe not.

Even fractured the Cells are far to secretive for us to know.
>>
>>49843311
I choose lobster.
>>
>>49842376
Yeah, they've just been pretending for 10,000 years for teh lulz.
No they aren't loyalists, that'd be fucking retarded even by 40K standards.
>>
File: autism child.jpg (11KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
autism child.jpg
11KB, 261x195px
>>49842407
>>
The point is they originally started out loyal but 10,000 years of pretending caused them to become actual traitors.

It's called Kaplan Syndrome. After the Bolshevik double agent Kaplan who was embedded into the Tsarist police for so long she took her mission literally and tried to kill Lenin.
>>
>>49842376
My thought is that, due to their mania for secrecy, they've hopelessly splintered, some loyal, some full chaos, some doing their own thing. The Hydra has many heads, all of them strangling one another.
>>
>>49842392
Then try, I dunno, reading the filename next time? Or google search by image?

Putting in the slightest bit of effort?
>>
>>49842392
Nice try inquisitor
>>
>>49842376
Considering the amount of people they kill, cults they spread and how much they have infiltrated into imperial militarey/inquistion and they disrupt shit and relay info to the Legion (This is what we know)

It's safe to say after 10,000 years they have at least succumbed to Chaos, at least enough to make them do this shit.
>>
>>49842376
they are full blown traitor anyone who says otherwise is a retard
>>
>>49843482
thats exactly what they want you to think!
>>
I just realized something. Pretty much every Chaos-affiliated group has mutations amongst its ranks. I've never seen a mutated member of the Alpha Legion, and a quick google search shows nothing but one guy with horns coming out of his helmet.

Maybe I'm totally wrong here, but a lack of mutations would seem to indicate that they aren't favored by any of the Chaos gods. They could, in theory, still be traitors without being Chaos-aligned, but I think it's something to consider.
>>
>>49843537
There's at least two Alpha Legion Daemon Princes
>>
>>49843608
>inb4 they're actually hoaxes
>>
>>49842407
>>49843035
>>49843129
>>49843417

Y'all kinda missed the joke here
>>
>>49842392
Look at all the fags REEEEEE as they don't understand it's a joke
>>
>>49842376
Yes and no.
Alpharius and Omegon didn't agree, and it's possible that one, both or neither are currently dead. It is also possible that any Legionnaire might be loyal to one, both or neither.

It's impossible to state that the Alpha Legion is ANYTHING, and are THE case-by-case Legion.
>>
File: Omega_Vault.jpg (132KB, 465x698px) Image search: [Google]
Omega_Vault.jpg
132KB, 465x698px
>>49842376

I have a theory concerning the Alpha Legion

Why does the hydra have three heads? Why are they called the threefold path?

Because it has three primarchs.

The twins Alpharius and Omegon + a third independent one.

I'm not inventing yet another primarch out of nowhere, in fact the Alpha Legion is comprised of the "lost" missing legions and their primarchs, and part of them transferred to the Ultramarines legion.

So it's 1 primarch for the 2nd, one for the 11th and one for the 20th.

Alpharius learned how to transmigrate souls due to necron technology, and may be dead. Omegon may be the founder of the Deathwatch (See fortress Erioch and the Omega Vault) and the third one is Janus, founder of the Grey Knights.
>>
File: 1471465651955.gif (2MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1471465651955.gif
2MB, 286x258px
>>49842407
>>
>>49843888
>888
I'm watching you, heretic.
>>
My belief is that some are traitors and others are still loyal. Before Alpharius apparently died I thought that one of the twins was going to turn to chaos while the other stayed loyal.

Besides I'm betting that my the 41st millennium the legion is so fractured that it doesn't have a singular ideology it follows. Just like everyone says that all Night Lords hate chaos yet there are at least two canon Night Lord Daemon Princes there is at least one canon Alpha Legion Daemon Prince. In the 41st millennium you can't thing of the Legions as a singular entity anymore.
>>
>>49843537
I've always wanted non-chaos renegade legions to get some love.
>>
>>49847638
Iron Warriors
>>
>>49848197
They are Chaos.
>>
File: 54549645645615414.jpg (147KB, 878x878px) Image search: [Google]
54549645645615414.jpg
147KB, 878x878px
Dont worry im sure these Tempestus Scions are gonna put up a good fight against the heretical alpha legion!
>>
>>49848315
They are pretty much as non chaos as you can get while still being CHAOS Space Marines, anon.

All Renegade SM eventually become SM, partially out of desperation, partially because the forces of Chaos focus down on any Space Marines who stray from the Emperors light due to them being such potent champions.

It's canon that corruption is inevitable.
>>
>>49843776
And I thought /co/ was dumbest board.
>>
>>49848383
You've got to wonder if all the other Legion-Chapters are just sniggering behind their hands at the Smurfs teaming up with these guys.
So what's the story, their world was liberated by Alpha pre-heresy and they just kept title and livery of the Legion as a way of honoring their one time heroes, never having known they went Chaos?
>>
File: IA-AL-Gene-Seed.jpg (100KB, 725x270px) Image search: [Google]
IA-AL-Gene-Seed.jpg
100KB, 725x270px
>>49843537
>>
>>49849345
Anon. They ARE the Ultramarines. Knowing the Alpha Legion would try to disguise themselves as these guys, they sent in their own to impersinate the "Scions". They didn't realize that the Alpha Legion had fucked with their records, and got them to go out in two groups. They replaced themselves, and the Alpha Legion took the Ultramarines place.
>>
>>49849918

To this theory I have to add that the original Rogue Trader Ultramarines are a newly formed chapter out of nowhere to hide the fact that the real ultramarine betrayed the Emperor in the Heresy
>>
The problem is that even if they are renegade and dont follow chaos, chaos can still corrupt them. Chaos isnt just a thing which you either follow or dont, it actively corrupts you.

Without the protection of being a loyalist it can physically alter your being.
>>
>>49843118
That's a good synopsis of what the Black Library has written thus far.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.