[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fumunco Ganger regiment thread #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Imperial_guard_veterans.jpg (741KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_guard_veterans.jpg
741KB, 1280x800px
From the first thread: >>49815449

>Imperial Guard

>gangers

>Elite tithe

>Imperial World: Devout citizens, loyal to the Imperium and raised by the Creed.

>Desert terrain

>Mechanized Infantry

>Shock & Awe

>Undisciplined

>Exotic Mounts

>For The Homeworld: This regiment's mission is to demonstrate the skill and steel of the homeworld to the rest of the Imperium.

>Regiment friends: A PDF force

>Regiment enemies: Eldar

We seem to have gone for a mix of mexican western and italian mafia for the theme of both the planet and the regiment, with a little bit of borderlands-ish bounty hunter feel thrown in.
This is what we need to expand upon a on this thread:
>Who rules the planet
>When was it founded/colonized
>Why are gangers the main candidate to the guard tithe?
>Does the planet export something else
>And just general fluff; like cities, people, location on the planet, etc.
>>
>>49840717
>>Exotic Mounts
>Shock & Awe
>Mechanized Infantry
>Elite tithe
So, I'm picturing a stripped down cyclops eye/spotlight sentinel/ironstrider taun-taun looking thing for scouts and rough riders.

Maybe tunneling mole troop carriers so they burst from the ground.

If that's the case have some admech strength on world, maybe a lower forge. Could be a governing council with admech and imperial representation.

Gangers could be used because they're decent fighters while also handy and technical due to their need to use machines to race around the desert.

Planet could always export spices, take a whole Dune aspect and have Eldar exodite "Fremen" running around the deep desert.
>>
>>49840774
>So, I'm picturing a stripped down cyclops eye/spotlight sentinel/ironstrider taun-taun looking thing for scouts and rough riders.

That sounds kinda neat to be honest.
>>
How about we have the leadership of this planet to acually be democratic? That they vote for the govenor each 10 (+) years?
>>
>>49841443
I like that idea. But maybe make it so that not every one has the right to vote, like it's limited to people who live in Hive cities, or people who pay their monthly "Vote" bribe
>>
>>49843555
How about this; In every major city there are districts that are ruled over by either a wealthy family or an elected representative (or maybe both). These representatives in turn each have a vote for each candidate (those maybe are only rich politicians and other higher ups in the Imperial hierarchy).
>>
>>49843700
A grand idea
>>
>>49840717
I think that Fumonco should be one of the planets that was colonised before the fall of the Eldar, and that the mafia is a remnant of the planets original government, or maybe turned up after the original government was toppled
>>
I'm going to start writing some fluff to get this thread going

The captial of Fumunco "Nasera" is one of the largest cities on the planet, located on the continent of Gallina. This giant metropolis is also the home to the current govenor "Robert Kenani", a former Imperial Guard Veteran that rose among the wealthy elites in the capital, and after several years of hard work gained enough votes to be elected for planetairy govenor.
During Robert's rule the Imperial Guard tithe has increased in numbers, this is becuase all criminals and gangers that are caught have a choice of joining the guard, or getting executed. This has made some of the larger crime families and gangs across the planet to send off some of their own men, in order to make the Imperial authorities look the other way.

Besides the guard, the planet is also a major export of iron and other metals that are gettign shipped off to nearby forge worlds. But the lawlessness outside the major cities have made transporting the goods from the mining sites to the major cities a hassle. Due to gangs hijacking the transports and holding the goods for ransom. (Becuase you all know when a planet doesn't reach it's tithe demands).

>Other major cities are:

Civitas Fabricatus: The industrial hub of the planet. This area have the largest concentration of Adeptus Mechanicus, and is ruled by major "Elizabeth Venacia" together with a spokesman from the Adeptus Mechanicus by the name of "Balte Karbon".

Esponta: Espora is the second largest city, located near the Berc mountains, the city is also home to the largest space port and is responsible for majority of the ore export. The many space ports have also created many large and wealthy families that often argue on who to vote for when it is time to elect new majors and govenors. The families may or may not have contacts or origins in the organized crime lords in the darker parts in society.
>>
>>49845584
What do you guys think?
>>
>>49845960
I like it, It's a nice base to expand upon
>>
>>49846941
Thanks. Want me to expand on the outskirts of the cities and the outback/wilderness in general?
>>
>>49840717
I gotcha some lore

Fumonco was colonized several centuries ago by exhausted imperial guard regiments, worn out from countless years of battle. The sub-sector in which this Imperial Guard campaign had fought had finally been cleansed of the Ruinous Powers. As a reward, the guardsmen were allowed to settle a new world, to create a new source of manpower in the sub-sector. With such a source form which to draw recruits, the Imperial Guard could feel confident in its ability to muster new forces should the peace of Sub-Sector Solitudinem ever be threatened again.

As a result of Fumoncos origins it is not a partiucarly well developed or underdeveloped world. Its citizens are extremely prideful of the ancestry, and righteously so. They may not have the endless numbers of a hiveworld, the titanic industrial outputs of a Forge-World, or the divine might of an Adeptus Astartes homeworld, but they are each a soldier born, ready for the Emperors service.

Lacking anything other than eager manpower, Fumonco gives its pride to the Imperial Guard. Owing to their traditions the Fumonconians make use of mechanized infantry, a staple of Guard regiments across the Imperium which they have maintained their units to a rigorous standard. Supplementing their highly mobile forces are [EXOTIC MOUNTS] Fumonco, another source of pride for the regiments. Such immense boastfulness, pride and tenacity there can be no other operational strategy for its tithe regiments than to overwhelm the enemy in immense assaults, to engage the enemy and destroy them swift and fierce battle before they can respond.
>>
File: the-terror-bird.jpg (168KB, 990x742px) Image search: [Google]
the-terror-bird.jpg
168KB, 990x742px
>Exotic Mounts
Still not settled. Fumonco is a desert world, and these steeds ought to match it. Several ideas put forth last thread were
>Boars
>Giant ass horses, like really huge ones
>Lizards
>raptors
>Eagles
And in this thread we have sentinel-lite/ironstrider/tauntaun mounts. Not bad, but not exactly cool, since it's not alive. I don't think its a bad idea, but it doesn't quite fulfill the spirit of "exotic"

I think "desert tauntauns" isn't a bad idea, especially as a scout force for the main mechanized core of the regiment. I personally suggest something like a terror bird would be cool.
>>
>>49845584
>>49848410
Keep at it Anons! You are all doing the god emperors work.
>>
>>49848485
>cowboys riding terror birds
Want
>>
Help me out, Anons. I can't figure out a way that a bunch of ganger guardsmen came to have a burning hatred for the Eldar

I thought maybe some noblemen got hold of some Eldar artifact, and that ended up attracting an Eldar raid that killed LOADS of people, but that doesn't really seem very interesting for the Guard Regiment. That's cause its unlikely Imperial Guardsmen will ever fight Eldar, and its doubtful they could do jack shit to them (at least if you go by lore powerlevels, where the Eldar all seem to be way above base humans). So, what's a situation where the Guard came to hate the Eldar?
>>
>>49850279
Maybe they were manipulated by the eldar to fight a losing battle that cost a lot of casualties?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.