[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Force of Will General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 21

Force of Will General

Main Site:
http://fowtcg.com/

Battle Sim:
http://fowtcg.com/battlesimulator/
>>
File: 3.jpg (70KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
70KB, 528x960px
Some of these Promos are great.
>>
>>49840479
That one's actually cheaper than the covered up version
>>
I hope the dual attribute cards get enough of a recurring theme to the color groups that we can name them like magic tribes
>>
File: 234.png (385KB, 374x522px) Image search: [Google]
234.png
385KB, 374x522px
So what's up with Faria being back with Pricia's power?
>>
>>49840799
Because the covered up one wasn't printed nearly as much, and was only shipped near the end.
>>
So this is what came in the email to store owners after spoilers.
>>
>>49840799
Because covered up version is better
>>
This card makes me think Turbo Gwiber is gonna be even more of a hassle.
>>
>>49840799
It's funny cause it was the opposite when they released.
>>
>>49842688
I guess when Valentina stole Pricia's body her spirit got left behind in a memoria or something? Then when Lars revived Faria or whatever happened, Faria picked it up?

We really don't know. We'll have to wait for more lore from cards or a lore article to clean it up.

What I'm more curious about is how Faria got to Grimm's world without being a Wanderer. Unless she got the power from Excalibur after Alice beefed it up or something.
>>
>>49845703
Yea, the lore is getting a bit intense but I guess it's Excalibur that gave her the ability to travel.
>>
>>
File: bestgirl is back.png (1MB, 1035x649px) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl is back.png
1MB, 1035x649px
So what other color combos do you think we'll get for Rulers this set? The product page says there's 5 rulers.

Faria is White/Green
Nyarlathotep/Lumia is probably White/Red
Valentina is likely Blue/Black

Kaguya is probably a Ruler, but I don't know what colors she would be if Faria is already W/G. Maybe Green/Black since she's been hanging out with Grusbalesta? And then there's whoever that new Seven Luminaries guy is that looks like he could be any mix of Red, Blue, and Black.
>>
>>49840479

>Flashing Mage Warrior

Well at least one part of that is correct..
>>
>>49846250
Hoping for a Black and Blue ruler. Hopefully a new Gill Lapis.
>>
I want to fuck Piruruk
>>
BMB is the buy a box for this set coming out.
>>
File: Black_Moonbeam.jpg (185KB, 644x900px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Moonbeam.jpg
185KB, 644x900px
>>49847522
>it barely looks any different
What's the point?
>>
>>49847774
They want you to see it from another standpoint I suppose?
>>
Fuck off Faria, no one cares about you
>>
>>49847522
What the fuck is this? For double black? Tell me this isn't as broken as I think it is. Haven't played since alice block.
>>
File: goodluckImbehind8cats.png (2MB, 815x1110px) Image search: [Google]
goodluckImbehind8cats.png
2MB, 815x1110px
>>49851021
It hasn't really been much of a problem so far, just some pressure that you need to dance around if you're running a deck that's heavy on its J-Ruler. Not really any more of a problem that Flame of the Outer World was.

You need to be careful and adjust your strategy if you see your opponent is running black stones, but otherwise you can just ignore it. And then there's decks that don't need to rely on the J-Ruler, and you don't even need to care. BMB is risky because it can very easily be a dead draw. It also has a counter in the form of Zero's Familiar.

I overreacted too when BMB first got spoiled, but it's really not an issue.
>>
I wish this game wasn't dead in my area. I actually did enjoy it.
>>
>>49851138
did they reprint chesire cat?
>>
File: cfc-041.jpg (89KB, 344x480px) Image search: [Google]
cfc-041.jpg
89KB, 344x480px
>>49851253
No, but she got a new card. It's not nearly as good as her old one, but she's cheap and can get very strong very fast, especially with as much tutoring and draw as Millium can have.

That, and Kid Puss in Boots is stupidly good with a bit of luck and a Pandora or two on the field.

You could run 12 cats in Wanderer, though.
>>
The new Vingold 3: Allstars is looking pretty decent from what they've shown recently. Valhalla/Grimm/Alice stuff being shown off in it so far.
>>
>>49845703
I'm guessing summoned without consent from Charlotte's memoria
>>
Tips for getting into the game? Some of the people at my colleges magic club have started playing, and it looks pretty and cheap so I was interested.

Mainly play UW control decks in MtG if that helps.
>>
>>49853122
Note that bounce-gimmicks are blue/water in this game, while counter-gimmicks are green/wind.
>>
File: CFC038.jpg (393KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
CFC038.jpg
393KB, 640x435px
>>49853122
Find what you want to do, find the cards that let you do it, get them. Look around on the official website or the unofficial database. It's a pretty easy game to learn, especially with MtG experience.

>>49853215
With this in mind, I think Water/Wind with a splash of Light using Charlotte would be my recommendation. Wind has all your cancel effects, some of them dual cost Light so you splash that. Water has all your bounce and a few key counters like Prison in the Lunar Lake, as well as probably most of the resonators(creatures) you want to be playing like Captain Hook.

Charlotte herself lets you rest or bounce things, and refill your hand when you Judgement after you've burned through all your cancels. And since her judgement is so cheap, you can easily do it right after emptying your hand to cancel or clear the board.

Sets I'd recommend for what you might want are The Moonlit Savior, and Curse of the Frozen Casket.
>>
File: 786199.jpg (207KB, 393x550px) Image search: [Google]
786199.jpg
207KB, 393x550px
>tfw like this game
>It's fun
>Two different LGS in town play game
>Monday is full of underaged and vapefags
>Also awful location with horrid parking and the homeless because downtown
>LGS that I like has tournies on Wednesdays and isn't jam packed with the underaged and vapefags last I checked
>Have classes Wednesday night
Also where the fuck can I find news on topping decks, it seems like everyone went radio silent after CFC came out.

Beast beat was my jam and I want to revamp it for rotation but if I can't play then what's the point?
>>
>>49853701
The best place is literally Facebook groups. The websites for this game literally get nothing but spoilers half the time and that's it.
Force of Will - US
>>
>>49853701
If the Battle Simulator ever gets updated to be less shit, I'll play with you, anon.

>>49853754
But like this guy said, look around Facebook and such. Seems like most coverage sites for FoW went quiet around August or early September.
>>
Would anyone be willing to give a brief summary of what this game is all about and how it's played. It looks sort've cool. Plus, stores around here just started carrying it.
>>
>>49853797
Imagine EDH for MTG. You have your Mana in one deck, your deck leader on the field and you tap it once per turn to pull a card from your mana deck. Your spells and monsters are in the other deck. In this game it gives you a nice mull if you don't like your opening hand you put any number of cards on the bottom of your deck and draw that same number back.
>>
File: turn 1.jpg (114KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
turn 1.jpg
114KB, 480x670px
>>49853797
So in this game each player starts with 4000 life. The goal of the game is to get your opponent's life to 0. To do this, you use Magic Stones to play Resonators, Additions, and Chants with varying stats and effects.

Resonators are your minions that do battle to either eliminate your opponent's minions, or deal damage to them directly. Alice's Little Scout, for example, is a Water type Resonator (meaning you use water stones to play her) that has 200 Atk and 200 Def, and when she dies, you get to draw a card.

Additions are cards that you equip either to your Resonators or to your Field, and they have an effect on whatever they're equipped to. For example, Blood Covered War Axe is a Fire type Addition that gives a resonator +400 Atk and makes it deal 200 damage to each other resonator whenever it attacks.

Chants are like spells that have a quick, usually temporary effect on a Resonator, Addition, Chant, or Player. For Example, Lightning Strike is a Fire Chant that deals 500 damage to a Resonator or a Player. On the other hand, Sprint of the Beast Lady is a Wind Chant that gives all of your Resonators +600 Atk and +600 Def until the end of the turn.

If you have any experience with games like Magic, Yugioh, or Hearthstone, it's not too different from any of those, being closest to Magic.
>>
>>49853797
Cheaper Magic. Less chaff. More flavor. High focus on deck synergy, which can be easily informed just from knowing what Ruler or certain cards you want to play.
You can have fun by just building a deck around cards you like.

If a card is Strictly Worse it's likely because of being older rather than just terrible.

The card rarity being Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Super Rare (and Rulers listed as R but being the rarest at two per booster box, with a likely 5 possible ones per set), with 36 packs per box, with only 10 SRs per just over 100 card sets - it's very easy to get what you want whether through boxes or singles.
The average experience for me getting a box is to get almost every variety of SR (if not you'll get multiples of some), with usually ones 3 to 5 normal Rares missing (sans the 3 missing Rulers from a box).
This ease of getting cards is why some sellers have grown to dislike it as a means of making money.

The game is experimental both in good at bad ways. With constant new intriguing cards and mechanics, but with recent changes to card formats, and a possibly destructive power creep.

The game is new enough to get every relevant card under your belt when thinking about new decks, especially with simple databases.

Almost all cards can be a foil variety, and depending on set can be a quite experimental, higher foil variety.

More straight-forward battling, with any amount of battle phases you want per turn, with the ability to play cards in-between.

Relies on Recovered/Rested system, which is just Magic's Untapped/Tapped.

Legal attack targets are your opponent or their Rested Resonators. Which they can then block by Resting a Recovered Resonator.

Mana deck is separate to main deck, allowing easier balance and control.

Rulers call from the mana deck and supply support abilities, or can be flipped into J-Rulers that gain battle stats and can become a boss monster, complete with new abilities and a one-time show of power called a God's Art.
>>
File: FoW Tsukuyomi Noble.jpg (88KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
FoW Tsukuyomi Noble.jpg
88KB, 480x670px
>>49854419
Part Two

One of my favorite cards for flavor is Tsukuyomi Noble. A card built for Kaguya's decks based around playing Moon addition to gain effects.
However, Tsukuyomi Noble requires no such commitment to the archetype to be useful or hilarious.
And that is because, even though her ability makes it so players who do not control a Moon cannot activate abilities of their Resonators, she counts as a Moon, being a Myth and Moon type Resonator.
To top it off, her flavor text is Kaguya herself mocking her opponents with her childish glee, by asking "What? You guys didn't have a moon?!"
>>
File: FoW the observer.jpg (63KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
FoW the observer.jpg
63KB, 480x670px
>>49854496
Part Three

Alisaris is one of my favorite Rulers.
He's a very gimmicky Ruler, with no Ruler-side support abilities.
The only reason you would use him as a Ruler is to plan to play his J-Ruler side, and therefore build his theme deck based around removing cards from his own deck. Being the only archetype to do this.
The themeing is that he records disasters and uses them for later. Exactly as his Regalia (Ifrit Glass) does. Regalia being usually zero cost permanents exclusive to the Alice cluster, geared towards supporting their specific Ruler. In this case, removing cards.

So you end up play Alisaris as a J-Ruler after making his Judgement (the cost to flip him onto the field) cost Two Fire, since you can only reduce the free cost, a massive 12, which would never be normally used.

12 itself is nice because thematically this means burning away time - the 12 numbers on a clock.
>>
File: Kaguyas-Premonition.jpg (103KB, 704x960px) Image search: [Google]
Kaguyas-Premonition.jpg
103KB, 704x960px
>tfw like the playstyle of Kaguya 3.0
>Black Moonbeam exists
>Hate everything the meme magical girl loli that is Kaguya 3.0 except for her ability
>Some of the best cards in it have QUALITY artwork
>>
File: FoW Alisaris.jpg (82KB, 480x670px) Image search: [Google]
FoW Alisaris.jpg
82KB, 480x670px
>>49854524
Part 3.2

So then you have a J-Ruler with average stats, that buffs all your Resonators with what are the 3 most basics Symbol Skills; Swiftness, Target Attack, and First Strike. Meaning all your Resonators can attack the turn they are played, they can attack Recovered as well as Rested Resonators, and when they attack their damage is applied first.
A perfect analogy for him controlling time.

Plus he gets to search for his (most likely too expensive) field spell that lets you play your fire burn cards from the grave.

Other than that he gets his God's Art that you will mostly likely want to use as your win condition to blow up the field.

However he can't be useful unless you retain field presence, which is ideally done with his 3 support cards; the Keepers of time.
Past, Present, Future, that gain buffs based on having so many cards removed, as well as being sources for doing so. And gaining the same Symbol Skills he gives, for further themeing.

It's also nice that basically all Alisaris support cards, as flavor text, have Alisaris talking about his plans and motivations. With the Keepers flavor text even running into each other to make a full sentence.
>>
>>49854534
>tfw your favorite character is also one of your favorite rulers
>>
>be me
>live in the middle of nowhere, neither in US or EU
>want to buy sealed FoW product, specifically a Lapis Cluster starter deck, English or Japanese edition
>AmiAmi doesn't have any recent FoW stuff, old stuff mostly sold out
>Neowing doesn't sell FoW at all
>Card Museum specializes in singles and doesn't sell FoW at all
>TCG Republic has only FoW singles, for retarded prices
>Hobby Search sells only FoW playmats and sleeves
>Japanese Amazon doesn't have it
>Yahoo Shopping doesn't have it

In the end I found it in Yellow Submarine's shop on Rakuten with wrong pictures in description and on eBay with shipping from Italy, but what the HECK man. I heard you barely can find FoW in Japan in physical stores too.
>>
File: thighs tho.png (1MB, 745x1040px) Image search: [Google]
thighs tho.png
1MB, 745x1040px
>>49854624
Maybe now that R/R is gone I have a reason to play her now.
>>
>Check the FoW website
>They actually have a Spanish official site
>It's full of orthographic errors and inconsistencies
>They are actually looking for a translator
>but the job description explains that the poor bastard that gets the job is supposed to translate both the cards and promotional material, manage tournaments, the judges and their tests, the official forum, social media and other marketing tools and organize promotional events
>they even want the guy to know Portuguese, so that he alone can cover all of Spain and Portugal
>This shit is supposed to be a job for ONE person
What the fuck. Is the Spanish company retarded or are all TCG companies like this?
>>
>>49856882
Sounds like good money and plenty of room for negotiation. Anon you know what to do.
>>
>>49856882
Apparently there is only one guy translating everything for america
>>
>>49856882
Just fow really.
>>
>>49857111
Yeah, I think I will give it a try anyway. The thing is, the job also requires you to know the game, but all I know is that the cards look pretty cool. In fact, I was checking the website to see how the game worked.

I'm currently watching the tutorials and reading the quick guide on the official English site. Are there any other useful resources or is that enough?

>>49857159
I'd be okay if it was only translating the cards, guides, promotional material and all that I already did it when I was in a videogame localization company, but also asking you to handle tournaments and judges seems a bit too much. Still, I might be able to reason with them. Or get paid really good money in the unlikely event of getting hired.
>>
>>49857249
>clearly the company doesn't have much resources that they want one man to handle a dozen job
>getting paid good money
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.