[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/WMG/ Warmachine & Hordes General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 27

File: GROLAR SIGHTING.jpg (118KB, 900x514px) Image search: [Google]
GROLAR SIGHTING.jpg
118KB, 900x514px
Mk3 list building: http://conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5e4p5
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
http://files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-July-1016.pdf

Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
http://files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
http://charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

https://wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

This is the Fate Cryx Deserves Edition
>>
>being this butthurt about a faction that hardly ever won tournaments.
>>
Second for Skorne and how they'll never come second in anything again.
>>
What up my troll brothers -- how are you building for Calandra?
>>
>>49830060

>Is smart son of Khador
>Sets grolar into crabjack
>STEADY

Well after that match, I suppose that warcaster will be having some treaties with cygnar to enthusiastically sign. Busy day serving the Motherland!
>>
File: SkarreBust1-882x1024.jpg (117KB, 882x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SkarreBust1-882x1024.jpg
117KB, 882x1024px
Greatest Rack
>>
>>49830004
Have you considered where their home base should be, and whether they should be working for a faction or not?
>>
File: Bloody buckeener.png (413KB, 1040x973px) Image search: [Google]
Bloody buckeener.png
413KB, 1040x973px
>>49830249
10/10 would die to a headbutt.
>>
As of the time skip, is it stated why Vlad accepted Empress Vanar's marriage preposal or what became of Leto or Vinter?

Also, why did Khador give the Thornwood back and did they evict the Northern Crusade and Harbinger from the rest of Llael?
>>
>>49830249
So, how good are her incarnations in Mk3? Are horny pirate witches still viable or is it a lost cause?
>>
File: statixis.png (1MB, 885x1184px) Image search: [Google]
statixis.png
1MB, 885x1184px
>>49830410
the demon pirate amazons are arguably our best uints right now.

the witchs are stealthed now but lost thier the mini-feat hurt, although they get it as an attack type, there speed six but so is that hag now, additionally the hag gives blessed.

raiders Lost advance deployment. Swapped CMA for gang. the Sea Witch Lost the ability to give them an extra die for damage once per game. You now have to choose between pathfinder and force barrier each turn, but you can now choose overtake as well.

we got a three man unit of gunslingers with bloodmist,black penny and feedback finally getting a halfway decent shooting unit.
>>
how do the retri casters stack up?
>>
What do people think of the Ironhead career? I was thinking of doing an Ironhead/Field Mechanik. You get some great stuff but with 25gc to start you can basically have a pistol with a handful of bullets and that's it. Going with weight reduction so my character is able to be speed 4. Def 7 arm 14 seems bad to start with but ironhead armor gives me 5 free boxes. It seems like it gets ridiculous once I can spend some cash on upgrades though.

Was thinking of using my 200gc of jack weapons for a scattergun and 50gc of ammo.
>>
>>49830612
>demon

satyr
>>
>>49830249
What an impressive looking bust.
>>
>>49830410
Skarre1 is one of the best Cryx casters in Mk3 and Skarre2 is fine. All of the Satyxis stuff is among the best in Cryx.
>>
>>49830784
Garryth < Ravyn < Thyron < Kaelyssa < Vyros1 = Vyros2 < Elara2 < Helynna = Issyria < Rahn < Ossyan
>>
Are farrow brigands the best infantry Skorne has available?

I was thinking of buying some with warlords to use with Rasheth.
>>
>>49830612
>>49830612
I think it goes Blood Witches, Bane Knights, Nyss for best units
>>
>OFFICIAL SKORNE WARLOCK TIER LIST
REMEMBER THAT THIS IS SKORNE SO EVERYTHING IS BUMPED DOWN A TIER FURTHER WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER FACTIONS

>Top tier
Rasheth He's a Mk2 Cryx caster
Xerxis1 The only caster that feels well designed

>Good tier
Morghoul1 Abuse and feat are his only tricks but they're strong
Xekaar Mortality lol
Mordikaar Void Spirits

>Mid tier
Makeda2 Stay Death is the only reason to use her
Naaresh Great on flags and whores WB points but has shit spells
Hexeris1 Good but only against Hordes
Hexeris2 See above
Zaal1 Decent spell list but brings infantry
Zaal2 See above

>Bad tier
Makeda1 DID SHE SHIT ON PP'S CORNFLAKES OR SOMETHING
Xerxis2 RIP TIER LIST
Makeda3 RIP FATE WALKER

>Actually unplayable tier
Morghoul2 FUCKED AT A FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL
>>
>>49831126
Was thinking something like this. Void Spirit gives me an incoporeal model that I can Dark Rituals on 2-3 times. Task Master gives brigands steady and gives +2 str to a unit, meaning that they have pow 14 charges vs their prey target. PGMT gives a bit of speed to the list and is a great carnivore target.

http://conflictchamber.com/#b91b6I5D5GeF0Ofl0Ofl6L5U6x6w

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points

(Rasheth 1) Dominar Rasheth [+28]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Aradus Soldier [18]
Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
- Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
- Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
Paingiver Task Master [3]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Void Spirit [4]
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor [4]
>>
>>49831241
So what exactly makes Naaresh great on flags?
>>
>>49831241
Competitively, Xerxis2 wasn't built with his tier list but rather Drake/Krea spam. Which is still functional but worse (until the Krea gets errata'd for its old Aura back). The change of him gaining Sprint means he'll no longer need an Archidon/Karn. Loss of Bond hurts though, especially with Mobility going up in cost.

Still bad tier - just clarifying.
>>
>>49831126
>>49831283
>Are farrow brigands the best infantry Skorne has available?
Brigands are overrated. Karax are your tarpit, Nihilators are your toothed tarpit, Cetrati are your Xerxis1 brick, but beyond that just don't bring infantry. 2x Master Tormentor and Orin Midwinter are your substitute for infantry. The problem you'll find with bringing infantry in Skorne is your infantry can't threaten heavies, so if your opponent is light on infantry, you've wasted points. I'd love to see Slaughterhousers get some use though. The Cannoneer is perfect for softening up a target before they run in. Blood Mark + feat + Task Master + damaged heavy means the Slaughterhousers are effectively PS18+4d6. Like just fuck my heavies up familia because that's like 13 damage from a single model against a Menoth jack. Considering the cannonball that slapped it, two Slaughterhousers could clean up a heavy.

>>49831589
Cyclone makes it nearly impossible to contest his flag. That's all really. It's not amazing, but everything else about him is worse. A pseudo-super solo with zero defensive tech outside of 20ARM, which a heavy will just laugh at. It'd be sweet if Lamentation made it cost double to buy attacks.
>>
>>49831734
Blood mark + feat + prey gives brigands pow 18 rat 9 guns. 7 of those will kill a juggernaut, 6 will kill a reckoner.
>>
>>49831241
>xerxis
>well designed

If by that you mean they took away most of his good spells then yes.
>>
>>49831915
Oh, and with a task master they'd get pow 18 melee too. 4 pow 18 charges would kill a juggernaut. And Hog Wild gives them the option to kill something with their shooting, then change the prey target and walk into melee with something else. Or just walk + reposition out of reprisal range.
>>
Where were you when Cygnar became the faction for assholes and Cryx players that didnt jump ship in mark3 became respected?
>>
>>49832009
I was too busy selling my Skorne to notice.
>>
>>49831936
Oo boy I get to trade inhospitable ground for rift.

+2 Str for one melee attack instead of fury.

>still one of Skorne's best

Fml
>>
>>49832104
To be fair it means he can stack both buffs on one unit, instead of fury on one and d-ward on the other.
>>
>>49832133
A warrior only buff, as well. I'd rather put def ward on a mammoth or tiberion than cetrati.
>>
File: Kara_Sloan-894x1024.jpg (355KB, 894x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Kara_Sloan-894x1024.jpg
355KB, 894x1024px
>>49832009
Pretty much
>>
So I have a Steamroller coming up at the end of this month. It's the first one my LGS has done with two lists so it should be interesting. I'm planning on system skewing because I'm Skorne so can't do shit all else.

>Anti-Warmachine
(Xerxis 1) Tyrant Xerxis [+28]
- Agonizer [7]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
Cataphract Cetrati (max) [20]
- Tyrant Vorkesh [6]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Void Spirit [4]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Gremlin Swarm [3]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]

Brick list. Sentry can't kill for shit, but on feat turn it can. I bought Gremlin Swarms so fuck you I'm using them. Void Spirit hunts solos like a fucking boss.

>Anti-Hordes
(Hexeris 1) Lord Tyrant Hexeris [+29]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Titan Gladiator [14]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
- Bronzeback Titan [18]
- Razor Worm [7]
Nihilators (max) [15]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Extoller Soulward [3]
Void Spirit [4]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]

Sentry/Nihilators go up front, Cannoneer/Hexxy clear out infantry and mess with enemy fury, Soulwards blow chunks out of beasts, Void Spirit hunts solos.
>>
>>49832701
Why void spirits and not PGMTs
>>
>>49830205
I am not. The model is repulsive and her playstyle doesnt fit me at all.
>>
>>49832781
Neither list should be having trouble with infantry. Xerxis has the Cannoneer, Cetrati themselves, and Orin. Hexeris has himself, a Cannoneer, and Nihilators. Void Spirits are probably the best things Skorne has at hunting troublesome stealth solos. Put that fucker in the middle of your deployment, see where the tricky solos are advance deployed, then just run over to it.
>>
>>49831241
>Xekaar Mortality lol

Hey psycho surgery is fucking great. My 1st run with him I used a brute and tibbers to help spread out shooting damage (also had a mammoth, krea, and raider). Opponent only managed to kill one PGBH the whole game as I kept healing up everything. Mammoth should have died like twice over that game, and thanks to Xekaar's feat it survived a heinous beating from Behemoth (full focus + boundless charge), as well as subsequent shooting form a conquest (barely holding on with 4 hit points).
>>
>>49830211
>5's to hit, straight dice on damage

Grolar doesn't need to knock it down to beat it down.
>>
>>49830354
>is it stated why Vlad accepted Empress Vanar's marriage preposal
Politics.

>what became of Leto or Vinter
Vinter's dead, Leto abdicated the throne for Julius and is now one of Julius' advisors.

>why did Khador give the Thornwood back
They were overextended and needed to strengthen their hold on Llael.
>>
Holy Menoth, does this Skorne stuff ever end?

Regardless, I have a question concerning the Redeemer in combination with Sevvy1 and Hymn of Battle. How does the blast damage scale? Do you take the POW 12, cut it in half to 6, then add 1 from Eye of Menoth and 2 from battle?
Another question for Hymn of Battle: Does it boost the Castigators special attack to a POW 14" AOE? Battle says nothing about attack rolls or something, just that the Jack deals +2 damage
>>
>>49833221
The Grolar looks cool as hell, but his gun just looks so weaksauce with POW 12 and RAT 4. Is the knockdown hammer worth the 18 points (outside of tournaments)?
>>
>>49833302
>Holy Menoth, does this Skorne stuff ever end?

Don't see how it would, every Skorne player is doomed to the same lifecycle, all the points have to be hit.
>>
>>49833365
It also has a 10 inch run and pathfinder.
>>
>>49833221

Yeah, I keep forgetting about the MAT7 all 'jacks that have any desire to hit things instead of just shooting things thing.

Then again, it's understandable that I would repeatedly repress the knowledge that PP basically went up to me and said "We want these other people to beat you without any feelings of frustration or unfun now. So they're being made MAT7. We already have your money. We want their money (btw you're def10 now just in case srry).

...what was I going on about? Eh, It'll come back to me eventually...
>>
>>49833365
As far as the gun goes, you have to remember, the Grolar isn't a ranged jack. It's a melee jack that somebody decided to strap a gun to. The gun effectively acts as 3-5 extra initial melee attacks thanks to Dual Attack and that RAT 4 doesn't really matter when your target is knocked down.
>>
>>49833627
Yeah, pow 12s aren't going to do a lot, but against an arm 18 or 19 jack it'll put a little hurt on. Vs arm 18 you can expect around an extra 6 damage from 4 shots. Against arm 19 you'll still do 3 or 4 damage. Could be enough to finish off that last bit. Plus, there's no harm in trying to hose down some nearby infantry needing 8s or 9s to hit, you'll probably drop one or two.
>>
File: IMG_20161018_010005420.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161018_010005420.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
The saga of different coloured arcs based on model type continues. I kept buying Beast Handlers in 2s so have no actual leader models, so this is the easiest way to keep track of units and leaders I could think of.
>>
>>49833302
Eye of Menoth and Battle Hymn are both modifiers to the damage roll, so you start at POW 12, halve it to 6, and then add 3 to the roll for an effective POW 9 on the blast damage.

Yes, it's pretty nice.
>>
JUSTICE FOR CRYX
>>
>>49833627
Or it's an unjammable boostable gun with multiple shots. You don't have to fire the gun at stuff in melee with the Grolar, so you can charge a jack and then shoot something behind it (assuming you have line of sight, of course).
>>
>>49834110
Indeed.
Justice caught up with cryx-too-edgy-4me.
And fucked them straight in the dickhole like they rightfully deserved.

Maybe PP got a couple of rough thrusts in. But cryxians are playing the victim card.
>but we all saw what they were wearing
> and how they were acting around those guys

So they fully got what they deserved.
>>
>>49832800
What casters are you playing?
>>
Question: Do you apply the armor pierce modifier before the shield/buckler bonus?

Never noticed before that half/double modifiers are applied before the +/- modifiers.
>>
>>49834088
Great, thanks for the clarafication!
>>
>>49832027
Tyler?
>>
>>49834710
Armor Piercing specifically only halves *base* ARM -- the number on the card. So you halve the ARM on the model's card, then add (or subtract) any modifiers.

Most of the stuff that affects damage (like in >>49834088) very specifically affect the *roll*, not the stat, in order to avoid confusion about the ordering of modifiers.
>>
>>49833256

>They were overextended and needed to strengthen their hold on Llael.

So they wasted all that blood and treasure only to give it back?

And is Cygnar really going to going to try and pry Llael away from Khador all over again?
>>
>>49835227
>So they wasted all that blood and treasure only to give it back?

Khador signed the treaty believing Cygnar was giving up on Llael. It wasn't explicit, but the Empress also rarely does things at face value.

Technically it was a very bad deal for Cygnar, as they were getting back a bunch of war torn lands that belonged to malcontent nobles and the Thornwood Forest that's swarming with Cryx and Cephalyx. Cygnar only signed the deal because they put a clause in the treaty said that Khador relinquishes it's rights to Llael if an heir to the Llaelese throne is found. Khador signed believing they had successfully assassinated all of the heirs, while Cygnar signed knowing they had the king's niece safely, and betrothed her to Julius. Khador refuses to acknowledge the princess, as doing so would make Llael a puppet state for Cygnar, and the sons of Julius would be heirs to both kingdoms.

>And is Cygnar really going to going to try and pry Llael away from Khador all over again?

They're more than trying. They took back Riversmet from Harkevich and Magnus blew up a chemical weapon underneath Vlad's army, decimating it and forcing Vlad to retreat.
>>
Have either Behemoth or the Avatar of Menoth ever been critically damaged or destroyed like Thunderhead and Deathjack have?

And what Warcaster is even controlling Behemoth most of the time? Every time I've seen or read about it in the lore, it's always on it's own.
>>
>>49835348
>And what Warcaster is even controlling Behemoth most of the time?

I don't know of any direct examples but I know that Behemoth is generally considered to be Irusk's unofficial character jack. If anyone would get Behemoth, it's Irusk. Irusk would probably then allocate it to whatever warcaster it most effective with, like Sorscha or Harkevich.
>>
>>49835333

>Khador refuses to acknowledge the princess, as doing so would make Llael a puppet state for Cygnar, and the sons of Julius would be heirs to both kingdoms.

So they're going to tear Llael up all over again, never-mind the fact that the Menites are still lurking around there somewhere?

> They took back Riversmet from Harkevich and Magnus blew up a chemical weapon underneath Vlad's army

Vlad and Harkevich must be slacking. Also, I don't see Vlad as the kind of person to take something like that lying down.

All the same, I can imagine Stryker wasn't pleased with that.
>>
>>49835392
>So they're going to tear Llael up all over again, never-mind the fact that the Menites are still lurking around there somewhere?

The difference, for all it matters, is that Cygnar can wage war legally on Khador for breaking the treaty. The Menite presence in Llael is not ignored, and is the main reason why the Llaelese Resistance is not included in the main Cygnaran invasion force. Cygnar is nervous about their relationship with the Protectorate, but the Resistance implies that they will reconsider their relationship with the Protectorate should Cygnar provide more support.

>Vlad and Harkevich must be slacking.

Harkevich should have been able to defend Riversmet, but the Cygnarans captured and tortured(Magnus) a Kayazy boss and discovered the weak points of the city's defense.

>Also, I don't see Vlad as the kind of person to take something like that lying down.
Vlad was honestly kicking the ever living shit out of Stryker and his army before Magnus intervened. The only reason he didn't keep fighting was because the chemical bomb killed thousands of his soldiers in a few seconds. He would have died too, if Stryker didn't realize what was going on and "bait" him out of a second explosion.

>All the same, I can imagine Stryker wasn't pleased with that.

He was livid. Prepared to court martial Magnus, but demoted him to Major instead after Maddox talked him down. It sounds bad that Magnus used an illegal chemical weapon, and it is, but he also prevented any civilian casualties and the Cygnaran invasion force from being wiped out. I explained this in the previous thread but Magnus mostly does the awful things he does in this book because he has to compensate for the pitfalls of Stryker constantly taking the high road instead of taking Magnus' tactically superior advice, if a bit too pragmatic.
>>
File: Llael (Presently).png (3MB, 1422x923px) Image search: [Google]
Llael (Presently).png
3MB, 1422x923px
>>49835488

I have to wonder what the Khadoran response to that will be.

Or if the Llaelese people will take kindly to such destruction from their would be liberators.

I can't imagine a similar tactic going over extremely well in Merywyn.
>>
Where do you get this fluff information my dudes
>>
>>49835658
>Or if the Llaelese people will take kindly to such destruction from their would be liberators.
They took pretty kindly to it, considering the alternative was the civilian populace getting caught in the crossfire and they knew it.
>>
>>49835488

How is Stryker's relationship with the new king anyway?
>>
>>49835849
Poor. Stryker is perpetually buttmad that the king isn't hanging on his every word like Leto did.
>>
>>49835488

If Cygnar is preoccupied in Llael, what's stopping Khador from launching an invasion through the Thornwood and into the Cygnaran heartland or the Protectorate from making trouble on the home front?

And where is Irusk in all this? It seems he'd be somewhere around given that conquering Llael was partially his brainchild.
>>
>>49835878

So it can be assumed the 4th Cygnaran Army's malcontent status has diminished now that Vinter's successor on the throne?

I remember them seeming like a powder keg. Especially with them inciting the Trollkin issue as they were.
>>
>>49835685
Take a look.

It's in a book.
>>
>>49835685
Various books depending on the topic. For example, Lets say you want Skorne fluff:

>IKRPG Skorne Empire
>old IKRPG Monsternomicon 2
>Forces of Hordes: Skorne
>Devastation
>Domination
>Primal MkII
>Primal MkIII
>Gargantuans
>A few NQs (namely ones with Abyssal Cohort, Fatty's second tier, Morg2's tier)
>Reckoning (or any Ret book post Skorne Invasion)
>Old MkI books/NQs

Toss in a novel and you've got all the resources.

In the case above, there were recent books that came out that deal more explicitly with Cygnar/Khador.
>>
How come I never see any talk of Convergence? They're a solid army that really didn't suffer mk.3, if anything they gots themselves an improved ability. Also shields for days.
>>
>>49835685
skull island expeditions had pretty much everything fluff related I believe, im not sure if they have all the fiction from like mark one and beyond but they do have a good bit of everything including the latest big event

https://skullislandx.com/
>>
>>49835948
>If Cygnar is preoccupied in Llael, what's stopping Khador from launching an invasion through the Thornwood and into the Cygnaran heartland or the Protectorate from making trouble on the home front?

Cygnar didn't send their whole damn military into Llael. They're a huge nation, they can fight on one front without leaving others undefended.
>>
Haven't seen this discussed anywhere but DC has joined the Guildball team it looks like.

http://steamforged.com/dc-press-release

Are we worried? I don't know what to make of it. Is PP in trouble? Thats 3 defections from PP in 3 months all to the same company. DC was always my favorite. Speculation now
>>
>>49835948
>>49836087
We'll probably see more of that in the next expansion books. With the reset to Mk.III we've only got a refreshed universe, so to speak.

I just hope Skorne get up to something worthwhile again. The whole Ios invasion was kinda lame (falling mammoths from they sky notwithstanding).
>>
Hasn't Vlad united the Umbreans, who were a pretty significant group in Llael? It'd seem that would provide some resistance to Cygnar trying to take Llael over.
>>
>>49835948

>If Cygnar is preoccupied in Llael, what's stopping Khador from launching an invasion through the Thornwood and into the Cygnaran heartland or the Protectorate from making trouble on the home front?

A number of reasons. The invasion happened very quickly, quick enough for them to take Riversmet without Harkevich calling for reinforcements. Another is that Khador pulled out of the Thornwood, and that Cygnar did not send it's full military might to retake Llael, and so probably has enough to protect it at home.
>>
>>49836185

>The whole Ios invasion was kinda lame

It wasn't really touched on in detail was it?

Personally I enjoyed that battle where Xerxis rounded up the civilians to incite the Iosan forces into attacking him (even if it was graphic).

Though really I'm wondering how Ios is going to handle that given the Skorne are rampaging and slave taking left and right.

Which also raises the question, are there any large and aggressive beasts in Ios the Skorne could bend to their will?
>>
how hard is Cyriss for a new player? Should I think about using a different faction first, or is jumping right in viable?
>>
>>49836427
The Skorne invasion got fucked during the timeskip. The earthquakes and shit caused by the Devourer played merry hell with their supply lines, really putting a crimp in the invasion.
>>
>>49836087
A combo of just not being enough players with people who don't have a good one in their meta not being able to really talk about the lists much.

I've kind of cooled on Warmahordes, haven't touched my army in like a month. Nothing really wrong with Convergence though, and I think I'll be back in it when Axis rotates into ADR. Hopefully with Lucant, because I love them both.

It doesn't help that the Conflux, the newest thing to talk about in CoC, is rancid dogshit.
>>
>>49836307

Well, keeping in mind geography, Cygnar may not be that far inside of Llael yet given the invasion is still early and the location of the most recent battle.

Riversmet borders Khadoran Llael and Protectorate Llael (which raises additional questions now that I think about it).

You may start to see more of the pro-Khadoran Umbreans the further into Llael Cygnar advances. Including Merywyn, which Khador has invested heavily in.
>>
>>49836444
I think jumping in is just fine. It's got a learning curve, and actually got harder to play in Mk3, but the only place you're going to learn Convergence tactics is in Convergence.

Mostly, it just involves learning things like order of operations and mechanics much earlier than other players, since they're so much more important. Past that, Induction chains are the only other big deal.
>>
>>49835948
>>49836126
>>49836370

Its also worth noting that unlike Khador (and presumably Menoth), Cygnar isn't currently conscripting its citizenry to form its army. Cygnar is still running a volunteer army, and is thus at a fraction of its considerable manpower limit.
>>
>>49836427
Tatzylwurms

Possibly more in the Mistbough but that is getting too close to Rhyslyrr territory and they are one of Ios only non-retarded factions so its probably not best to fuck with rangers in the forests.

Mount Shyleth Breen probably has some critters but its close to the bloody Retribution training camp.
>>
>>49836454

Is that the disaster befalling the Skorne invasion force that Hakaar the Destroyer warned the Army of the Western Reaches of?
>>
>>49836427
>Personally I enjoyed that battle where Xerxis rounded up the civilians to incite the Iosan forces into attacking him (even if it was graphic).

I liked the aftermath of that battle.
>>
>>49836562

Yes.
>>
>>49836579
>LORAAK: BUT UNCLE WE STILL HAVE NOT ACHIEVED OUR GOAL AS THE AERYTH DAWNGUARD STILL STANDS AND THE SUPREME ARCHDOMINA ORDERED US TO "GET RID OF THAT SHIT"

>XERXIS: YOU ARE CORRECT NEPHEW BUT A WISE COMMANDER KNOWS TO UNDERSTAND THE HEART OF HIS RULER AND NOT JUST HER WORDS

>LORAAK: ...ISN'T THAT JUST BULLSHIT FOR "WE DIDN'T WANT TO ATTACK BECAUSE IT WAS TOO HARD SO WE DECIDED TO RAPE AND PILLAGE SOME VILLAGES INSTEAD"

>XERXIS: YOU'LL MAKE A FINE TYRANT ONE DAY
>>
Someone asked in the last thread

http://www.megafileupload.com/owOH/The_Witchfire_Trilogy.pdf
>>
>>49836951

I liked them showing that Xerxis has a nephew. It's rare for them to go into relationships between family members for the Skorne.

Do the RPG supplements ever go about explaining Skorne courtship and families? I hope it's not something that's purposefully edgy like "they meet up and fuck, then they go back to war and the female has the child, then goes back to war."
>>
>>49836951

To be fair, Xerxis implied they neutralized the Aeryth Dawnguard as a significant threat given they, if estimates served correct, only have enough forces to man the fortress.

His strategy might also bear fruit as Ios must hastily assemble armies to bring the Skorne abuse of civilians to an end.

Armies that the Skorne can take apart piecemeal should Ios be as predictable as Xerxis hopes.

Though with the recent catastrophes, that has perhaps gone out the window as a viable strategy.
>>
>>49836147
I don't think DC has had much to do with WMH in a long time.

If another company can put together a solid miniature game and there's a local community for it, I'll play it. For all of the hype Guild Ball has gotten, I've yet to see a game played locally.
>>
File: Khador Assault Kommando.png (1MB, 1114x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Khador Assault Kommando.png
1MB, 1114x1049px
>>49835333

>Magnus blew up a chemical weapon underneath Vlad's army, decimating it and forcing Vlad to retreat.

Well that's impetus to expand the Assault Kommando corps if one didn't exist already.
>>
>>49837927

Assault Kommando cavalry for Vlad when
>>
>>49838055

Vlad's married to the Queen now (I'd hate to see that bed time arrangement) isn't he?

He can request an Assault Kommando carriage at this point.
>>
>>49838188

>Vlad's married to the Queen

So what you're saying is that it's just a matter of time until Sorcha kills the Empress?
>>
>>49838225

No I was actually wondering what her thoughts on that was.

I didn't think Vlad had any interest in marriage period, yet alone to the Khadoran Monarch.

Still, it'd be interesting to see what the Old Witch would give as a wedding gift.
>>
>>49838347

Well, I really don't think the Empress gives a shit about Vlad either. It was a political wedding.

Typically, Kings and Queens have mistresses (and misters? I guess?).

I could see Vlad attempting to convince Sorcha to be a mistress and Sorcha freezing his dick off though.

Either way, I think Vlad is simultaneously the most powerful man in Khador and solidly blue balled.
>>
>>49835658
I want to see Reznik or some other punk ass nigga try to get Horgenhold to surrender all those Llaelese refugees.

"What happens to a fanatic when he gets hit by a cannonball?"
"The same as everything else."
>>
>>49838347
Vlad is old nobility. It doesn't matter if he's interested in marriage, he has an obligation to continue the bloodline.
>>
>>49834446
Gunny, Borka1, Doomy2&3.
>>
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?263173-MAKING-SKORNE-GREAT-AGAIN-Makeda-and-her-BFF

Thoughts?
>>
>>49839589
Started reading. Love the sarcastic tone.
>>
>>49835379
Honestly if anyone other than Irusk is having the behemoth, it's Karchev. Irusk and Karchev are bffs and Irusk trusts karchev to lead any blitz siege missions which Behemoth would obvious in value.
>>
How have electro leaps changed in mk3? Can I still shoot my own guys with lightning immunity and arc the leaps into enemies around them?
>>
>>49839751
it's better. It doesn't got to electric immune models at all so feel free to bunch up your storm nouns and zap them in the butt.
>>
File: I don't care.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
I don't care.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>49839589
>as a fellow skorne player

TLDR-why would anyone want to waste their time critiquing someone else's homebrew wishlist rules in the vain hope that PP might glance at it and say "Oh hey, this guy sounds pretty smart here".

I mean I hate to take a dump on somebodies rainbow, but really? all that wishlisting, and talking about wishlisting is a waste of time. All that talk, but likely you'll end up seeing "Oh, PP just reverted the krea back to it's old form".
>>
>>49839589
Some good ideas in there, but also some pants-on-head stuff.
>>
>>49830354
>Also, why did Khador give the Thornwood back
IIRC, Irusk says that no military in history has managed to hold the Thornwood, and I trust his word on military history. The Thornwood is a warm compost heap full of trolls, druids, and tharn. It is a thing you have to go through to get to Cygnar. Nobody wants to stay there.
>>
>>49836147
PP has been bleeding people for a while and from what I've heard is not a good company to work for. Top-level management steamrolls through input from everyone else, employees are constantly reminded that they work for a cool exciting industry and they should be happy with that in lieu of actual pay, benefits, or non-terrible salaried word schedules.
>>
>>49839851
Irusk vs Issyria vs Ossrum

Each gets an equally powerful army. Who generals hardest?
>>
>>49838457
Even the Orgoth only gave Horgenhold one go before going "ah fuck it, this cant possibly be worth all these casualties", I'm sure Reznik realises he'd need a whole crusade to even attempt it.
>>
Why wmh books feel like of they were written by 15 year old kids with no friends? While the overarching plot is really well designed, the writing, especially dialogue and fight scenes give me second hand embarassment.
>>
>>49839589
>That fucking cuckold who replied saying Quicken is good and Vortex of Destruction is complex
Wew.
>>
>>49840573
Quicken is good. It's not a defining, army wide, spell like Carnage though.
>>
>>49840673
It's only useful against shooting. Makeda1 is only good against shooting. And even then she's shit against shooting.
>>
>>49840729
model/unit +2 Spd is good against everything.
>>
>>49840573
Dude. Are you shitting me? Have you ever even played (against) Mak3? That spell defines her more than anything on ehr card.
>>
>>49840869
Yeah but it's not quite as good as +5" though is it.

>B-B-BUT THAT'S ONLY WHEN M-MAKING A F-F-FULL ADVANCE!!!

Until you throw in the Tyrant Commander and make it +7".
>>
>>49840928
Savagery is better on beasts, quicken is better on infantry. Simple as that.
>>
>>49841000
>quicken is better on infantry
True but irrelevant because you can't get close enough to the Invictors to make them give a shit anyway. They'll just mini-feat and take 10 shots at you. Regardless of DEF you're gonna lose guys. Then you run in and tie up a few of the Invictors. Next turn they just charge, assault shot, and MAT7 you to death.

So while Quicken is better, it's not good enough in Mk3 anyway. Makeda1 falls completely short in Mk3.

Also Savagery was best on Cetrati. Walk 12" with TyCom, then Marketh puts Defender's Ward on them. Now she doesn't have Savagery, the TyCom isn't worth bringing, Marketh can't cast Defender's Ward, and she doesn't even HAVE Defender's Ward. Like, her best plays could not have been gutted any harder by PP this edition.
>>
>>49841044
>So while Quicken is better, it's not good enough in Mk3 anyway. Makeda1 falls completely short in Mk3.
True. But Quicken is not the problem. It's that she has little more than it to offer that is the problem.
>>
>>49841069
Yep, this exactly. Quicken IS good. It just doesn't carry a spell list on its own.
>>
>>49837927
Looks like Dr. Krieger
>>
>>49836562
Ya, Skorne were balls deep in Ios in an interesting story arc, then when the time skip happened they pulled a literary "rocks fall, everyone dies." So Skorne invasion stops and status quo is restored.

Doubly ironic given how poorly designed they were through mk2, then got worse in mk3
>>
>>49841069
>It's that she has little more than it to offer that is the problem.
Have you even fucking read Carnage man? One weakness of the incredible Gladiator is MAT6. Guess what? That fucker's MAT8 now. Carnage is the main reason I used her in Mk2, though her other spells and feat were almost as good. It just made a nice complete package of army support.

To me, Quicken is forced Skornegy. Instead of having +5" movement, we get +2SPD which is worse in a lot of situations. Instead of +2DEF +2ARM, we get +2DEF against ranged and magic, which is worse in FUCKING ALL SITUATIONS. So instead of one good spell on one unit and one good spell on another, we get a mediocre mixture of both spells on one unit, and it just doesn't do enough. Then you have the templates that just fucking rain down these days, nullifying the DEF. Gee it sure would be fucking great if Makeda1 had a spell that increased ARM because 15 on Nihilators could actually shrug off blasts. Did PP expect the new Krea to fix this or something?

And holy SHIT the feat. Nerfed into the ground so hard that for months people thought that all placement effects made you lose your action. Because I mean, PP wouldn't just single out the feat of a mid tier warlock and nerf it into the ground like that, it must be some widespread rule change.
>>
>>49841178
No one is arguing that Quicken is better than Carnage.
>>
>>49841271
>she has little more than [Quicken] to offer that is the problem
>>
>>49841178
I'd say it's sounds like your real problem with her spells is that you don't think Subjugation is an adequate replacement for Defender's ward, not that Quicken is bad.

Quicken compares fine to Savagery, Trying to argue that it Should be Savagery and Defender's ward seems odd to me.
>>
>>49841178
Yes, carnage is good. It does require her to get really far up the field and sit there on very low fury though. If that were not the case I'd rank Carnage above Quicken on her.

And even then she wouldn't be good.
>>
>>49841401
>you don't think Subjugation is an adequate replacement for Defender's ward
You are 100% correct. If I wanted a Shield Guard, I'd play Makeda3.
>>
>>49841178
>And holy SHIT the feat. Nerfed into the ground so hard that for months people thought that all placement effects made you lose your action. Because I mean, PP wouldn't just single out the feat of a mid tier warlock and nerf it into the ground like that, it must be some widespread rule change.

Most recursion effects in the game DO cause you to forfeit your activation. So right idea, wrong part of the feat.
>>
>>49841178
Carnage is great at killing Warlocks. Well, your warlock anyway, because you have to blow half your stack on that one spell and play dangerously far forward.
>>
>>49841436
>half your stack
It costs 2, that's bog standard for spells, arguably cheap for an "AOE CTRL" even.
>>
>>49841436
Carnage went from cost 3 to 2. It's the one buff she got. And you're not really that far forwards since you only really want to clip your opponent's front line or a valuable target. Then when it dies Makeda is relatively further back.
>>
>>49830612
>we got a three man unit of gunslingers with bloodmist,black penny and feedback finally getting a halfway decent shooting unit.

Very much looking forward to using them.
>>
Does the Escort spell give it's speed bonus to a jack that's running or charging? Or do they only get it when I walk them?
>>
>>49841565
It gives them movement, not SPD, when advancing as part of their normal movement. Carging or running are valid uses of your normal movement and are advances.
>>
>>49841597
Alright, thanks for the clarification!
>>
Alright you lazy fucks

NQ 67 http://www96.zippyshare.com/v/4knKF2EM/file.html

http://textuploader <dot> com / d5jh2
>>
>>49841861
Thanks, but what about it?
>>
>>49841896
Nothing about it. Nobody uploaded it so I found it and uploaded it here.
And you're lazy fucks because I had to do it.
>>
File: satyxis-gunslingers.jpg (302KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
satyxis-gunslingers.jpg
302KB, 800x526px
>>49841512
I was supposed to get mine the day of release, but for some reason the shipment to my FLGS got waylaid so im still waiting on them, needless to say I was pretty bummed.

there the exact unit that iv been asking for since I started playing back a bit ago. im not a fan of using mercs I like to keep it "in house" so when they announced a shooting unit I was exited, and they announced it was a Satyxis unit which made me even more excited
>>
>>49841926
That seems to be the entire general. Every once and a while I'll see people asking elsewhere on /tg/ if Warmahordes is dead. It's not that there aren't people here to talk about it, it's just that almost none can be arsed to make a new thread. Same goes for uploads.
>>
theres a battle box for pom on sale and I still have the mark 2 one. Is 36 euro worth more or less for its warcaster and castigator? I've no real experience with tabletop gaming but i read up on the updated rules. I also have a choir and paladin as I went with menoth cause my friend played against them the least and they might annoy the other players if I play them right. If you dont mind me asking just how are the following units.

>Bastions
>examplar Cinerators
>Flame guard Cleansers
>Flame guard
>Warcaster Dwayne Johnson
>Menoth light jacks in general
>War engine thing

It's an expensive enough hobby to get into so I think i'm doing it bit by bit. Also would it annoy some neckbeards if I painted them differently, cause i bought some metalic acrylic paints and black spray paint to prime. I posted a couple days ago but least now im read up on all the rules.
>>
>>49840923
So what? It's not that great and she should be native weapon master anyway.
>>
>>49843567
>theres a battle box for pom
Ah ha ha ha ha.

I would just get them seperately, PP just released those caster sculpts in metal.
>>
How come you mafakas never post your minis in this thread?
>>
>>49843824
I'm literally the only guy in here who has.
>>49833936
>>
>>49843824
taking good picture is annoying to set up and frankly, no one really cares about PP miniature barring gargantuans for artistic quality.
>>
>>49843824
I'll post some of my painted Cryx when I get home.
>>
File: Nightmare mini.jpg (54KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare mini.jpg
54KB, 720x960px
>>49843824
ok, here's my nightmare that I had my buddy do up for me a bit ago
>>
>>49843878
I like the jack, but the child is weird looking.
>>
>>49839818
What is pants on head retarded?
>>
File: Nightmare mini2.jpg (55KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare mini2.jpg
55KB, 720x960px
>>49843878
>>
>>49843893
its not the best angle but it does look better in person
>>
>>49843750
>It's not that great
So you have not played her. I see.
>>
>>49843813
ya but is it worth the money for the caster and heavy jack? I'd have twin sets of light jacks.
>>
>>49839953
General Stryker. He goes super saiyan and caster kills all three.
>>
>>49844281
>He kills one and dies next turn
ftfy

>>49844168
yeah, pricewise it's pretty good.
>>
>>49844339
>He defeats one but then spares him/her in an act of friendship and camaraderie while his generals facepalm around him, and then dies next turn.
ftftfy
>>
>>49844168
Other than the arc node, the Battlebox Jacks aren't top picks, but they're perfectly playable. Money wise it's a very good deal.
>>
>>49830060
So last I checked, all the NQs prior to 29 are dead. Does anyone have them?
In addition, does anyone have a pdf of the Flashpoint?
>>
>>49844374
>the Battlebox Jacks aren't top picks, but they're perfectly playable. Money wise it's a very good deal.
So what abilities does castigator have and is it a good switch out from the crusader?..so if I get a reckoner kit I can keep it to make another variant...and the caster is just good as another option for early players, so i can switch it up from PKreoss. Cool thanks. What about the rest of my comment, what do you think? >>49843567
>>
>>49844030
I have played. I played almost exclusively at the end of Mark 2.

It's good, but just give her fucking weapon master and call it a day. Its used mostly to just give her those effects anyway. The problems she has are getting her army there and hitting people.
>>
>>49844462
If you have 4 hours give this a listen:
https://combosmite.com/2016/07/18/podcast-121-menoth-megasode/

They run through every single model in the faction and should give you a general idea about what's good and bad and what they might be used for. They do call out stats, but for a newbie it's probably easier to follow with a set of the cards (either print or in the War Room app) on hand.
>>
>>49842360
>im not a fan of using mercs
I generally agree, but Scaverous + Croe's is too juicy for me to forego.
>>
>>49844597
4 hours is a lot to sit through but ill jump around the podcast. Thanks.
>>
>>49839953
Irusk would come close to winning, but be called away by the empress so that he can prep her Umbreyan stallion.
>>
>>49839953
>Who generals hardest?
Xerxis. Like, probably the best general in the Iron Kingdoms.
>>
>>49844908
>>>
> Anonymous 10/18/16(Tue)10:23:53 No.49842360â–¶>>49844626
>File: satyxis-gunslingers.jpg (302 KB, 800x526)
>>>49841512
>I was supposed to get mine the day of release, but for some reason the shipment to my FLGS got waylaid so im still waiting on them, needless to say I was pretty bummed.
>there the exact unit that iv been asking for since I started playing back a bit ago. im not a fan of using mercs I like to keep it "in house" so when they announced a shooting unit I was exited, and they announced it was a Satyxis unit which made me even more excited
>>>
> Anonymous 10/18/16(Tue)10:52:02 No.49842597â–¶
That the dude on the Rhino? Isn't he a beast caster?
>>
>>49844908
As far as command goes, he's got a better record than Issyria, who (strategically) lost to Hexxy and fucking Rasheth.
>>
>>49844941
He's a Cataphract.
>>
>>49844941
Xerxis is the leader of the house that churns out WAY more of Skorne's elite Cataphract infantry than any other house. He's Makeda's right hand man and a complete beast in combat on top of a tactical genius. The reason he rides a rhino in his epic version is because he got into a fight with two Circle casters at the same time, and even then he barely lost, getting stabbed in the back (literally). He didn't want to wait for the wound to heal before going back to the front lines, so he rides a mount.

Skorne's 3 top dogs beat the shit out of most other faction's top dogs in a straight fight. Vinter considered Makeda his equal in combat, and Makeda is terrified of Morghoul. In the fluff they're badass as fuck.
>>
>>49844988

Is that implying Hexeris and Rasheth are bad or something?
>>
>>49844490
>Its used mostly to just give her those effects anyway.
Except it's most useful when not making attacks with her. Or was in Mk2.
>>
>>49845107
Hexeris is nothing special, and Rasheth is a fat Mary Sue.

>hurr he's rich and a gifted mortitheurge and a tactical genius XDDD

Hexeris's best victory was when Naaresh wandered down from his mountain and made a beeline for Absylonia before beating her ass into the ground single handed.
>>
>>49844941
>That the dude on the Rhino? Isn't he a beast caster?

Xerxis has pulled off a Hannibal Barca- destroyed an army that was bigger than his, better than his, better supported than his, and on better ground than his.

He's also done stuff like pull off the rear-guard when Skorne got kicked out of Cygnar, but the Hill of Scavengers is what he's going to be Exalted for.

>>49845107
>Is that implying Hexeris and Rasheth are bad or something?

They managed to hit the highlights of the pitfalls of a shared command, and but for that Vyros would have gotten his shit pushed in royal.
>>
>>49845177
Man it'd be boss as fuck if Xerxis died, got exalted, and his soul was put into a warlock warbeast like Kromac. A giant stone beast fucker that has elite cadre for Cataphracts. Bringing Handlers to calm your warlock down would be rad.
>>
>>49845123
Yes, but our warbeasts aren't exactly hurting for damage anyway. That why I gave her the ability to deliver her army and make them hit accurately.

I'm not saying it's bad spell I'm just saying its easier to accomplish it's intended effect of upping her damage by giving her weapon master and giving her other spells to support her army.
>>
File: Syntherion1_50.png (126KB, 409x437px) Image search: [Google]
Syntherion1_50.png
126KB, 409x437px
thoughts? it's my first attempt at building a 50-point, was gonna attach the Transverse Enumerator to the Perforators for increased ranged damage thanks to Practiced Manoeuvres, the Steelsoul Protector to shield my Forge Master, and the Reciprocators/Modulator and Prime Axiom for a solid pushing force.
>>
Between Hexeris, Zaal, Mordikaar and Rasheth, which one would be in the most trouble if everything they're doing came to light?

As I understand it, they're all doing things (or turning a blind eye to things) that might be considered taboo or treason.
>>
New player here. Why don't i ever hear much about Menoth? Are they shit? good? can a new player run them without to many problems? Model wise i think they look really good. If i were to play them could i get away with a 'jack army?
>>
>>49845705
Zaal is basically sanctioned by Makeda.

Rasheth would die. Makeda already knows what he is doing she just can't prove it.
>>
>>49845705
Rasheth is intentionally undermining the war effort and hurting the army for his own personal profit.

Zaal is the pope, ain't no one gonna fuck with him because he's involved with "heresy".

Mordikaar is super-dead. Also, he worked under Makeda's supervision/direction.

Hexeris is a power hungry cunt, but he doesn't actively hurt the war effort, just indirectly. He's been called out and threatened over it before.

I assume Rasheth would be tortured very slowly to death. Hexeris is considered too powerful a mortitheurge for torture to really work on him, but Morghoul has expressed an interest in testing out some theoretical methods to see if he can do it. I'm gonna have to say Hexeris loses in this situation, because turning into the Master Tormentor's research assistant seems worse than just being tortured to death.
>>
>>49845706
Protectorate is very, very solid. They aren't one of the current meta boogeymen but they're very powerful and have all the tools to take down tournaments. They run jacks very well and also have casters who revolve around their Jacks like Amon and Tristan. Keep in mind that even in a "Jack List" you still probably want to grab their powerful jack support models like Vassals and the Choir.
>>
>>49845867
by "Meta boogeymen" are you talking about khador and cygnar?
>>
>>49845759

I thought Makeda also still had need of Rasheth given his house supplies the backbone of the Warbeast for the Army of the Western Reaches?
>>
>>49845978
Thats part of why she can't just execute him.

She needs to prove he is actually doing sabotaging the war effort before she goes after such a powerful house.
>>
>>49845900
And Ret
>>
File: plue-17.jpg (534KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
plue-17.jpg
534KB, 773x1000px
>>49837927
kommando UA when
kommando kovnik jack marshall when

warcrime-off when

swan genocide best day of my life
>>
>>49845790
>Zaal is the pope, ain't no one gonna fuck with him because he's involved with "heresy".
Can you even torture a statue?

>Mordikaar is super-dead
Seriously fuck this. Remember the legend of the Reborn? Here we have a warlock capable of straight up returning himself to life, and instead of bringing him back as the Reborn, PP just kills him off camera? That's like the most underwhelming shit I've ever known, and this morning I had diarrhea.
>>
Any of you anons listen to today's Primecast yet? My desire to waste 45 mins of my life is low and maybe one of you hates yourself enough to do it
>>
>>49846121

>and this morning I had diarrhea

Nothing a little mortitheurgy can't fix.
>>
>>49846121

I thought Mordikaar was still around?
>>
>>49846172
He literally brought for the devourer worm and got ate by it.

Mohsar and Doomie team up to beat him back to the void.
>>
>>49846172
Last known location was in the stomach of the Wurm. Like, that's not really a great place to be honestly.
>>
>>49846184
>>49846208

Where is Despoiler at then?
>>
>>49846228
no idea.
>>
>>49846228
Probably got Essence Blasted a long ass time ago. You think Mordikaar gave a shit about him? Like, his gift to Despoiler for saving his life was torture. What, did you think Despoiler would be back at Mordikaar's house, curled up on a rug in front of a log fireplace?
>>
>>49846121
>Can you even torture a statue?
Flocks of birds that do nothing but shit non-stop on the statue.

More likely though, if he was found out they could torture lesser extollers, and make it so that if Zaal was broken apart in battle, his sacral stone wouldn't be put back inside a statue, and instead be shattered. Probably in enemy lines so the enemy can deal with the potential Zaal-kovaas fallout.
>>
>>49839953
Have we ever seen Ossrum actually do anything general-worthy?
>>
>>49846008
Honestly, I more expect one day Morghoul will tire of his shit and just make him disappear. Yeah he's big, and owns a bunch of elephants, but Morghoul has a legion of assassins, and has personally evaded an entire city while torturing and murdering the leaders therein.
>>
>>49846319

No I just find it odd that Despoiler hasn't been retrieved by the Skorne.

>>49846599

Speaking of which, isn't it implied Rasheth could be making an attempt to usurp Makeda?

His support of Zaadesh is cause for suspicion.
>>
>>49839896
Can confirm this is all true. Its miserable. Some great people work there but management is more toxic than you can imagine. Morale is at an all time low
>>
>>49845601
good talk, everyone.
>>
>>49846588
No, Merc fluff is all Magnus all the time.
>>
is 1d4chan up to date? or should i not bother reading from there?
>>
>>49846986
I just checked. I don't think so. Seems the warhammer stuff is being updated first.
>>
>>49847018
ah fair enough. what about battle collage?
>>
>>49847086
battle college seems to be still trying to get its shit together. They are still trying to update but right now it just seems like an early 90s website. You can chance your arm and see if they have the articles you'er looking for.
>>
>>49847122
Alright cool, thanks m8. any recommended sites to read from? for learning and picking armies?
>>
>>49847215
It's still too early. There's nothing authoritative.
>>
File: P1070249.jpg (955KB, 1844x1383px) Image search: [Google]
P1070249.jpg
955KB, 1844x1383px
>>49843824
Because I haven't painted anything new in a while after starting other games.

Pic related, my Retribution forces in various states of completion (mostly in the 80% range)
>>
Is the Rhinodon related to the Animantarax?

They seem somewhat similar species wise and the Rhinodon is mentioned as being less receptive to the lash and pain barbs, with the Animantax apparently not being receptive at all if I recall.
>>
>>49847215
>reddit.com/r/Warmachine/
warmachines sub reddit is a good place to browse for general tips and advice. I found it pretty helpful as it's slow so you can just take your time reading through the topics and comments.

Still I think 1d4chan is good to get a feel for the armies. Even if you don't have a faction in mind its a sound idea to read up on the tricks the other armies might have for you.

Each faction can be played a bunch of ways. Some have stronger points than others. Good rule of thumb is to like the look of the army. If you go to ur local game store they'll give u a play test of the game.

Avoid Skorne, they are awful now.
>>
>>49846121
How is being literally eaten by the wurm an off camera death
>>
>>49845790
Isn't Rasheth the strongest mortitheurge? Hexeris's thong is that he's a master of mortitheurgy and also studies literally every other form of magic known, being the world's greatest repository of magical knowledge.
>>
>>49847693
They're two of the three "really good at magic" guys in Skorne alongside Zaal. It's unclear which is the stronger, but it is clear that Hexxy has the widest breadth of knowledge, like you said. I would guess that fatty has the best connection and finesse with beasts because that's his family's schtick.

Also, I would guess that Blackclads or Thamarites would be the biggest loremasters of the setting.
>>
File: 1364101128995.jpg (88KB, 1190x890px) Image search: [Google]
1364101128995.jpg
88KB, 1190x890px
>>49847316
I don't think they're actually related, as they're even stated within the RPG guides as being separate species. I think it's more that a lot of creatures in Eastern Immoren are pre-historic in style. This includes, but it not limited to: scales, tusks, spines, bony-plates, club-tails, being-a-scaled-up-version-of-actual-creatures, and horns. Add in the fact that all of them are adapted to the rough environment of Eastern Immoren, and it isn't too surprising that some of 'em share some features.
>>
>>49847961
Speaking of Zaal, now that he isn't the Supreme Aptimus anymore, think we'll get Supreme Aptimus Marketh?
>>
>>49848031
That depends on whether Marketh gets appreciably stronger during the timeskip. Even then, he still won't be a warlock, and therefore not worth much attention according to PP.
>>
>>49848071
Hell, Eiryss has 3 incarnations. MC Puffy Pants has plenty of room for growth.
>>
>>49848114
I want to see more from Acosta.
>>
I want eRasheth. On a huge base.
>>
File: 1409867178763.jpg (18KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
1409867178763.jpg
18KB, 350x335px
>>49846849

"Management" being a very loose term. That company is managed by children, were they in other industry, would be let go for incompetence.
>>
>>49847961
>>49847693

In terms of magic, Hexerxis doesn't necessarily have the widest breadth of knowledge - his thing isn't that he studies other forms of magic known even (that's more Mordikaar's territory) - Hexeris schtick is that he's the only one of the mortitheurge guys who happens to also be an accomplished fighter.

>>49847961
Put Goreshade up there as one of the settings biggest loremasters when it comes to magic. Mother fucker knows lots. Goreshade basically rose to power, accumulated arcane knowledge from fucking everywhere (Vyre, Shyeel, Cult of Nyrro, Rhul, Ceryl, Caspia, Morrdh, Thamar's Enkheiridion, Skell and Blackwater, potentially even more). He's also versed in Menite relics, and Cryxian magic.

Outside of magic, Victor Pendrake deserves note, as does Gavyn Kyle.
>>
>>49849199
From his Domination entry:

The lord arbiter’s knowledge goes well beyond the lore of the skorne, and no enemy arcanist is safe from his vampiric thirst for mystical secrets. To oppose Hexeris in battle is
to be sapped of arcane power as he steals and transforms the energies of his foes. He selects the most intriguing of those who fall to him in battle and takes them aside to be vivisected at his leisure before death frees their spiritual
essence for his study.

Hexeris has left no avenue unexplored in his quest to fully apprehend and wield the dark arts. His exposure to foreign necromancy, sorcery, the blood-empowered arts
of the blackclad mystics, and the blighted power of the dragons has given him insights into the metaphysics of the world no other mortal in western Immoren can claim.

His feat's fluff:

Lord Arbiter Hexeris has
studied arcane power in all
its forms, and his hunger for
supremacy over the will of his
enemies cannot be denied. By
opening his hand he invokes
a hungry vortex of vampiric
energy that siphons all souls,
all arcane energy, and all rage
from the fild to empower his
own formidable might.
>>
>>49849199
You're right, it probably is fucking Goreshade.
>>
What do people think of Sea Dogs with Valachev under Irusk2?

For 17 points you get 10 guys with rat 4 rng 8 pistols, but more importantly, those pistols are melee weapons. Battle lust applies for them, which would let them get 4 dice pow 10 mat 7 charges with Gang (which means they hit harder and more accurately than nyss hunters for 2 points less) and then a mat 7 pow 12 3 dice pistol shot. All the sea dog solos require "friendly" sea dogs not FF, so you could throw in First Mate Hawk to make their pow 10 charge attacks be 5 dice vs warriors, or Doc to make them 4+ tough since Irusk2 is already making them tough and steady. If there's any points left over they can buy rifleman attachments. Plus there's valachev himself can add in his pow 12 spray or zephyr them around depending on the situation.

Even with just the bare 17 point unit, to an arm 19 heavy each one of them does 5 damage with the charge and 3.5 with the pistol, that means a unit could drop two Menoth heavies in one turn. They would slightly outperform battle lusted iron fang pikemen in damage output, but having two initials means they could also tear into a lot of infantry, and have a token ranged attack.
>>
Daily reminder Gore4 as a Ret caster incoming
Get your jimmies rustled Skorne, you'll never have a caster this good
>>
Didn't even go a day this time without being banned.

Jesus Christ I'm done. PP has turned into Riot fucking Games. They can't take any criticism that is layered in 800 buttery ass kisses.
>>
>>49851280
what did you say?
>>
Curious, but can the Skorne bend other faction's warbeasts to their will?

I've always been curious about how applicable the arts of Mortitheurgy are to things like Dire Trolls, Gorax, Gryphons, Warp Wolves, Dragon Spawn (figure it wouldn't work here given they aren't "living" in the traditional sense), and so forth.
>>
>>49851289

The way you 'help' them is to treat them like they have brain damage. If you keep pretending like everything is fine and small minor adjustments are going to save us then they won't do ****. We were a mediocre faction that got nerfed across the board. Small rules changes won't fix that.

Negativity is justified and be mean about. We are completely justified with being mad.

When you look at models and compare them across factions it is almost like they just turn their brains off when the try to make us stuff. We're literally going to have show them how to do it since they have proven twice they are incapable of doing on their own.
>>
>>49851321
Mortitheurgy isn't all there is to how Skorne controls warbeasts. Typically they capture it, drug it up, torture it, and train it then keep it on a steady regimen of drugs. Mortitheurgy is simply drawing magical power out of this process and applying it. So in theory, Skorne could use whatever they get a hand on outside of probably Dragon Spawn which are blood creations. The question is simply how much torture, training and drugs said creature needs to be on and how will it affect their capacity to operate.
>>
>>49851607
This was in response to a"How do we help PP get it right" thread.
>>
>>49851607
>act like a pedantic asshat
>get banned
>shit post on 4chan

The cycle is compete.
>>
>>49851607
So, basically, you went on PP's forums, bitched a bunch, and got banned.

And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>49851639
>>49851661

Almost every thread on their is flooded with people showering them with praise before the even get to the damn point what the fuck else are am I gonna do?

I mean seriously if the first paragraph of your criticism is to tell them how great of a job they're doing it's not going to get us anywhere. They thought things where fine and look where we ended up!

They had 2 EDITIONS to set this shit straight and they still didn't do it. If you don't get negative how the hell are they gonna understand how bad they fucked up?

And then you have shitwipes who play with 2 other people going on about how powerful Makeda1 is now and how she needs barely a change at all. I mean what the fuck. What happens when they listen to those chucklefucks?
>>
>>49851714
>Almost every thread on their is flooded with people showering them with praise before the even get to the damn point what the fuck else are am I gonna do?

Not act like a whiny bitch. You don't have to praise them, but posting shit like >>49851607 is completely unhelpful. If your criticism isn't constructive, it's not helpful and by couching it in a bunch of vitriolic hyperbole, you make it even less likely for anyone to actually listen to what you have to say. Sounds like you were out more to vent your own frustrations than you were to actually have a constructive discussion.
>>
File: storm-raptor.jpg (500KB, 1244x675px) Image search: [Google]
storm-raptor.jpg
500KB, 1244x675px
So how is the Storm Raptor?

One of the things I hear it praised for is Infantry killing.
>>
>>49851767
Yeah huh. It's more like I was telling people stop thinking they have to dedicate a paragraph of thanks to PP before even daring to perhaps darken their day.

It's ok to be negative and angry when the company whose products you by invalidate the hundreds or thousands of dollars you spent and then make fun of you while telling you to suck it up.

If the rumors are true about management at PP then I can tell you for sure they will small grudging changes and then go back to listening only to most positive, I.E. asskissing, posters who think everything is fine and dandy because they want it to be. When management ignores everyone it's because they think they can do no wrong. Other posts from Soles show that.

"Options" my ass
>>
>>49851788
This is a troll, but it's the second worst huge base in the game.
>>
>>49851876

Worse as in over hang like the Mammoth or worse as in stats?
>>
>>49845601
Ok, so some shitdick got himself banned on the campus net, so I couldn't post.

Anyways, step one: Corollay. Every list. Doesn't matter.

Next thing: Syntherion hates himself infantry, and loves himself some jacks. If you want to play infantry, I would suggest Axis, Lucant, or most especially Aurora.

Also, I'm confused on why you think Practiced Maneuvers will help with the Perfs damage.
>>
>>49851788
The latter. No damage no beef.
>>
>>49851887
Stats.

The model is fucking amazing to look at, like most Gargs are.
>>
>>49851842
>It's ok to be negative and angry

As I said, you're more concerned with venting your frustrations than you are with actually doing anything constructive. Anyway, I'm done with this conversation. You'll inevitably justify your anger to yourself and I don't feel like getting into a big back and forth.
>>
>>49851959
Yes it is.

They released Skorne in that abysmal state and the Soles made fun of the people who questioned its viability.

Then it turned out Skorne really does suck.

Its ok to be angry and show that.
>>
DC left PP Q1 2015 after his High Command game had a year of abysmal sales.
>>
>>49852313
Maybe if it didn't have shit rules it would've done better.

A deck builder where you have to pay the purchase cost again to deploy from hand? Fuck that.
>>
>>49852348
Agreed. I thought for sure I was missing something in the rules. There was just no satisfying interaction during play. Sitting down to a game just felt like a waste of time.
>>
>>49845867
Glad to see some love for Menoth. I'm still having fun with Thyra and the Black Widows theme list. Although I am dreading the expected theme list update in december.
>>
>>49851788
The Woldwrath is cheaper and stronger. Pretty model though.
>>
>>49852878
>theme list
You what now?
Only mercs have themes right now.
>>
>>49853161
I play locally with a small group (not tournament play) so we still run some theme nights since a few of us have the builds for them.
>>
File: dj.jpg (178KB, 873x729px) Image search: [Google]
dj.jpg
178KB, 873x729px
Some pics of my Cryx. Painted these a while ago. Snackin DJ.
>>
File: Harrower.jpg (121KB, 680x580px) Image search: [Google]
Harrower.jpg
121KB, 680x580px
>>49853320
Harrower
>>
File: Boid.png (3MB, 1278x1660px) Image search: [Google]
Boid.png
3MB, 1278x1660px
>>49851788
>>49853033
That's a damn fucking shame. Won't stop me from getting one to paint though.
>>
>>49853320
bredy gud
>>
>>49853033

So the Storm Raptor doesn't have any advantages over it?
>>
>>49853443
The only thing the Raptor has advantages over is the Conflux, which does the same job but worse.
>>
>>49853443
Well Una can take it, which is kinda funny. The real issue is that it's a ton of points for a piece whose main forte (anti-infantry) is both less important in the meta and something that all Circle's excellent infantry are superb at anyway. Taking the Raptor ends up being a big opportunity cost more than anything else. That said, if you want to take him you probably want to do so in a Kreuger list with various lighning shenanigans to take advantage of the Animus, which is fairly strong but rather narrow. As they add more lightning based pieces to the faction it may become a better choice.
>>
>>49853555
Problem is that Wrath supports the lightning pieces just as well.
>>
>>49853565
Well aside from the damage boost yeah. They unfortunately overlap a lot and the Wold is just vastly more durable with the armor, boxes, and Sacred Ward.
>>
>>49851714
>baaaw people disagree with me
>>
>>49853961
More like delusional if they think there aren't major problems with the faction.
>>
>>49854341
Jesus, you're like a five year old child.

Yes, they fucked up Skorne. Everyone knows that. Fuck, they know that, and straight up said they're redoing the entire faction.

But posting like a shithead isn't going to accomplish anything. No one is going to listen to you, and you're just going to get banned.

If what you have to say is so important, doesn't getting banned basically erase your message? There's plenty of negative feedback going around on the website, and they're not banning them.

You're like a screaming child, who expects everyone to just pay attention to you and accept your fucking immature actions.
>>
>>49854379
Oh are we so sure they going to redo it? They said they would address the issue, but look how they previously addressed it. It took the majority of the people who play Skorne to be actively critical and negative. Then they laughed off their comments. Even some top players took part in this. Just check James Moorhouse's twitter and you find him gloating about how entitled Skorne players are being.

It wasn't until after they got rekt at WTC that PP decided maybe they did something wrong.

So fuck em they can eat my verbal shit until they prove that they will actually fix this.
>>
>>49854341
Fuck off Ned. We don't want you either.
>>
>>49854470
Too bad.
>>
>>49854470
You don't speak for me.
>>
Have anyone of you played Warmachine tactics? Is it any good or should i avoid it? Seems like its not that bad outside the UI being a bit clunky. If it turns out its not shit is it an accurate of how the armies play on table (would be nice if it was kinda like MK3 so i could get a hang on that shit)
>>
>>49855677
do not pay for that shit.

isn't completely unplayable. but.

not worth a dime of your moneys....
the devs and publishers and all involved have received more than enough shekels. like multiples of what they actually deserve.

best we can hope for honestly?
some kind talented anon makes us all a lovely tasty xcom mod or similar.

>tldr don't.

isn't even mk3!
>>
>>49855730
Good to know. Thank you based anon. I can sleep better knowing my shekels are safe
>>
>>49855749
if you can find yourself a yarr-me-hearties that works for you, then give it a go.

and if you love it.
please.
please.
remember:
they have all been paid.
handsomely so.
>>
Skorne is fine. Play like you've got a pair! :D
>>
>>49856139
I really want to play like that again. A faction of pure, unfiltered violence. That was Mk2 Skorne. I hope it comes back in January.
>>
>>49856355
>A faction of pure, unfiltered violence. That was Mk2 Skorne
Not really. The only things I'd consider excessively violent in Mk2 were Nihilators and the Bronzeback. Karn wasn't particularly violent. He was too controlled and agile to really be a mindless machine of murder. Man, the assassinations I pulled off in some Steamrollers were fucking dumb.

>He thinks his caster is safe just because it's 17" away from Karn and there's a wall of infantry between them!

The look on my opponent's face when I announced that I was going for the assassination was great. 2" melee range, sidestep on two initials, and beatback. The round after that my opponent fucked himself sideways avoiding Karn since he'd been watching my last round.

I miss Mk2 Karn :(
>>
>>49856414
I remember that one time I killed Mulg with a Bronzeback and still had an initial left. And that wan't even that well rolled. Countercharge just counters Admonition really well and old Enrage + Abuse was just brutal.

I remember getting my entire army killed with Zaal1 on multiple occasions, just to get my last piece delivered onto the enemy caster.

I miss Skorne.
>>
>>49856489
Losing pieces to achieve something? What do you take us for, some kind of COUNTER PUNCH faction?
>>
>>49855677
It's not bad, but it does feel like an alpha. There's going to be another free campaign coming in the new year, though.
>>
>>49856552

I was never able to really get behind PP bashing because they do remain the guys that gave Skorne pZaal, the most skorney skorne who ever skorned. Marketh getting KO'd on the backswing of the nerfbat being wielded against Cryx helped some though.

>also I thought the spoilers were from an earlier playtest because a quick look at the skorne soul taker rules showed them to be an incomprehensible pile of contradictions that would have gotten cleared up in a single design iteration more
>>
>>49858064
>also I thought the spoilers were from an earlier playtest because a quick look at the skorne soul taker rules showed them to be an incomprehensible pile of contradictions that would have gotten cleared up in a single design iteration more
That aligns pretty well with the "Mk3 was rushed out" rumor.
>>
>>49851907
I was using Practiced Manoeuvres to remove the LOS problem if my Perfs were behind an axiom or something.
So I swap out the Perfs for a Corollay, leaving me with an excess 5 points. Then I take out the TE and Recips, bringing me another 14 to bring me up to 19 points.
Should I put in a Transfinite Projector or a Cipher, or should I put in a Conservator and Diffuser?
>>
I had a talk with a neckbeard at work that plays 40k and refers to Warmahordes as the redheaded step child of tabletops.
So i pose this question to you gents to start a conversation.
IF you picked this game over 40k, why? what made you want to play this over 40k?
With me i think its comes down mainly to aesthetics.
>>
>>49859109
I spent many many years playing 40k. I love the 40k universe, the models are awesome, but the game rules and lopsided release schedule are shit.

The WM/H universe I can take or leave (not big into steampunk), though I like most factions' models and like the rules and relative release parity.

tl;dr - 40k has the better universe and models, WM/H has the better game.
>>
>>49859109
Bigger focus on competitive play and scenarios with more well supported tournaments and a better player base.
>>
>>49859109
WM/H is the game for people who value a solid ruleset. It's the second biggest game and the company actually tries to resolve rules issues and support the competitive scene. Mk3 also has a commitment to regular balance changes from them. This trickles down to pickup games to since no matter where you are or where you go you have a good idea how to get a reasonable well matched game.

40k has nice models and a cool setting, but GW long ago game the double finger to any sense of balance, rules consistency or organized play, leaving it to various third parties to establish house rule systems to try to plug the gaps. It's good for fun games with friends but starts to suffer when you go beyond that. Pickup games run a strong risk of running into "that guy" and although there are some competent comp rules out there it's not consistent across the whole playerbase.

Also, WM/H has its fair share of gorgeous figs.
>>
>>49859109
Because you have to buy:
Flyers
Titans
Warlord engines
etc etc etc fotm shit to be competitive in 40k.

On the downsides assembling PP metal is the pain in the ass, and old models are screaming for resculpt.
>>
>>49859176
>universe
How about no?
BL is shite, new codexes re-write what was said in previous ones, overall lore progression is terrific. If you barely know what is going on in 40k lore it looks pretty epic and cool, and if you are deep within you are filled with disgust.
>>
>>49859415
>how dare you have a different opinion than me! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: DIO!.gif (18KB, 286x207px) Image search: [Google]
DIO!.gif
18KB, 286x207px
>>49859452
>>
>>49859109

Eh.

I like both.

Warmachine-Hordes is what I was expecting of Warhammer Fantasy.

That it wasn't is why I prefer Warmachine-Hordes and why I didn't have much of an interest in Fantasy till Age of Sigmar arrived.
>>
>>49859452
Wow wow calm down, i just said you are wrong because of X. You might be right in your opinion because of Y. Its up to you. Dont get too touchy jeez.
>>
>>49859109
40k is fucking braindead. This game isn't.
>>
>>49846588
What kind of stuff would you count as "general-worthy" for him?
>>
300 post for Menoth
>>
>>49861266
Time to convert to Morrowism, asshole.
>>
>>49858064
To be fair, the designer who gave you Mk2 pZaal was removed for MOAR SOLES.
>>
>>49861559
#designspace #threeyears #options
>>
>>49861628
#catskulls #beakers #Apocryphakickstarter
>>
>>49861447
Dream on teal pelican.
>>
Anyone have the stats for Malakov2?
>>
>>49862463
I hear that war room has the stats.
>>
>>49861260
Defending Horgenhold when Reznik tries to claim Llaelese refugees.
>>
>>49863356

Reznik's knocking on Rhul territory?
>>
>>49863440
No, but it would be something for Ossrum to do, especially if Rez's brought the whole crusade and most of the Rhulic army is off doing something else.
>>
>>49862514
Yep
>>49862463
He's fucking terrible.
>>
>>49863460

>most of the Rhulic army is off doing something else

I thought most of Rhul's army was trying to root out the Blighted Nyss and Dragonspawn problem?
>>
File: malakov2.jpg (3MB, 2880x4036px) Image search: [Google]
malakov2.jpg
3MB, 2880x4036px
>>49862463
>>
>>49863684
"Sucker!" is the last ability that got cut off there.
>>
>>49863684

That image is funny?

Also, he lost "Sucker!"?
>>
>>49863726
Sucker! is still there. War Room enlarges text compared to real cards so it got cut off since I didn't scroll down.
>>
>>49859109
I just really didn't care for 40k gameplay. I watched games of it and it just really bored me.
>>
New Thread:

>>49864335

>>49864335
>>49864335
>>49864335
>>49864335
>>
>>49859109
Smaller games, meant quicker play. With my gaming buddies it always took a fuck ton of time just to get a game set up and going. We'd try to meat up at the local battle bunker, and between waiting for everyone, list building, then just setting everything on the table we'd spend like 6-7 hours there and not finish a game. With WM/H we spend the majority of the time actually playing the game.

PP are active in tightening their rules, and that just feels good. 40k has been plagued by rules disputes, even fucking what was a legal base size for models. And it always feels like GW couldn't give two fucks about it.

Model interactions are more interesting. Since it's more of a skirmish level game, models/units can have a sort of toolbox of things they can do, which makes for far more fun and cinematic interactions. I had a Bronzeback charge Behemoth, and thanks to grab and smash, it did some damage, then double handed threw that large sucker to land on my opponents warcaster. How does it play in 40k? you smash units against each other and roll barrels of dice because going model by model would take too long. The only cinematic part is the HQ's and squad leaders tearing everything apart because their the only ones equipped with power weapons etc.

HQ's: in WM/H the army leader drastically changes the play style, and it's fun. And their designed to be making choices each turn, this spell or that, to charge in or stand back and turtle up. With 40k despite being able to custom equip HQ"s with tons of gear, they do little to change up how the army plays, and ultimately the only important thing was how survivable you could make them and how beastly you could make them in close combat.

> i think its comes down mainly to aesthetics
Both have the good and the bad, and I've collected tons of stuff from both games (if not more) just b/c models be cool as hell.
>>
>>49861447
No dickcheese. Thamar demands your blood sacrifice today
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.