[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 42

File: Best General3.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General3.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Dismantle The Webway Edition

>Rules
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale old PDFs
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
Okay, so, dumb question, but what epub reader do you guys recommend? The one I use doesnt show any test when I look at recent codexes
>>
>>49810920
What's your thoughts on the executioner, and other leman Russ variants
>>
Can I get some more feedback on a 1500-point Skitarii list from last thread?

Skitarii Vanguard (Alpha is Warlord) 250pts
>5 More Models
>Phosphor Pistol
>Arc Maul
>Refractor Field
>Omniscient Mask
>3x Plasma Caliver
>Omnispex

Skitarii Vanguard 105pts
>Arc Pistol
>2x Arc Rifle
>Omnispex

Skitarii Vanguard 105pts
>Arc Pistol
>2x Arc Rifle
>Omnispex

Skitarii Rangers 125pts
>2x Transuranic Arquebus
>Omnispex

Skitarii Rangers 125pts
>2x Transuranic Arquebus
>Omnispex

Sicarian Infiltrators 215pts
>Phase Taser
>Digital Weapons
>Refractor Field
>Flechette Blasters/Taser Goads

Sydonian Dragoon 55pts
>Phosphor Serpenta

Sydonian Dragoon 55pts
>Phosphor Serpenta

Allied Imperial Knight Crusader 465pts
>Battle Cannon/Heavy Stubber
>Twin Icarus Autocannon
>>
>>49810939
I've really only ever used the battle cannon, demolisher and punisher because 90% of my FLGS has a 3+ save. I've found the Battle Cannon to be the one I'll take in any size game when I need to do both jobs. Punisher's good against cultist blobs and I use the Demolisher if I have enough points to compliment it.
>>
>>49810931
Readium for Chrome.
>>
>>49811064
Most excellent, good sir or madam! I appreciate the assistance!
>>
>>49810939
Executioner will kill Riptides and all of those small blasts will ruin infantry and any light vehicle's day too. But you need an Enginseer to keep it from suiciding with all the Gets Hot rolls.
>>
>>49811109
dont you have to roll just one time for the three shots?
dont you reroll with pasks help?
>>
>>49811134
roll once for each SHOT, so thats 5 times on a full plasma executioner
>>
>>49811042
Yeah I was looking into magnets and was planning to have a basic bitch Russ for when I wasn't sure, but thinking about plague marines and blood angels I'd like something to support my infantry and blast blobs of tough shit while my artillery hammers away

>>49811109
I was planning on having a squad of engineers pottering about besides my drill fuckers and yeah get hot is a bitch
>>
>>49811134
Pask doesn't allow you to reroll Gets Hot only to reroll 1s to wound.
>>
>>49811164
I think for every servitor you attach to the Enginseer it improves your chance of restoring a hull point by one so if you kit three of them out with meltas that gives you a 2+ repair roll and some firepower guarding your rear.
>>
So, I was thinking about Traitor's Hate yesterday. The Warpsmith is a "tax" for 3 of the Auxiliary formations, but I think I found out how to make the most of him.

He's 110 points for a BS 5 Meltagun. However, he can fire a second weapon alongside that Meltagun and he can buy a Combi-Melta for 10 points. This would be only 25 points more than the equivalent "5-man" team with Meltagun and Combi-Melta Champion, for improved BS, and a few bells and whistles here and there (mostly, being able to support/finish off small squads once he's done popping hard targets).

The only problem is he doesn't get his own Dedicated Transport. If you're running a Chaos Warband though, everything in your army is Obsec, so if you're running a unit or two Autocannon Havocs to support an armorspam-style build, you can just buy them a transport and have him steal it.

Alternately, if you're running Daemonkin and wanted to slot Obliterators into your army, you have the option to run Rhinos as Fast Attacks, and a Warpsmith would be cheaper than the equivalent Daemonkin Marine team, since they have to take 8 models and the Mark of Khorne. Plus, if you're feeling really cheeky, you have the option to do stuff like Deep Strike Bloodletters, have the Warpsmith disembark to join them, and pop a transport for a free Blood Tithe point in the bargain.

Am I onto something /tg/?
>>
>>49811196
Oh a servitor, I read enginseer as engineer my bad, yeah not sure if I can get tech priest as siege regiment of dkok
>>
What books are good to start with?
>>
>>49811203
Its still not the best, 125 points for 2 melta shot, one with One Use Only is kinda crappy. you maybe MAYBE could use him with a melta-havok squad, so that whatever counter charges them after they blow their load, has to deal with 5 (6 if khorn) str 5 ap2 attacks

>>49811372
This question is too open ended, narrow it down with what you are interested in, do you mean 30k or 40k, marines or xenos, or guard ect
>>
>>49811392
40k. Just starting to get into the lore and looking for a good starting point.
>>
>>49811404
Pff, try the Ciaphas Cain novels, whilst they arent always 100% representative of the cannon, they are a good intro, and a great series, with some nice characters.
>>
>>49811392
The problem I see with running with that is both units would cost the same. Only, rather than having a 115-point fire support unit, a 120-point melta-delivery team, and a 35-point transport, you now have a single 245-point unit in a single 35-point transport. Guess which vehicle will get shot first?

BS 5 does go a long way. Plus every now and then, you fight Marines and roll Black Crusader so you're rerolling 1s to-hit.
>>
>>49811476
If you are using him in the decurion, then he has hatred anyway, which is nice.you could just throw him in a 5 man squad with CCW/BP and khorn, then throw him at something like terminators in a raider, just to tie them up and cause damage. Shame IC cant man artillery, he'd be great on a rapier
>>
>>49811109
What do you suggest I should use for the other weapons? Going all out plasma might get me back a bit, but would it be best?
>>
>>49811064
What about a non-botnet option?
>>
>>49811404

I really enjoy the Gaunt's Ghosts series. Its a very long series but is really enjoyable.

Some other's of note (in no particular order)

-The Night Lord's Trilogy
-The Word Bearer's Trilogy
-The Iron Warrior's Trilogy
>>
>>49811544
Why do you think its a botnet?
>>
>>49811508
Preferred Enemy also works on shooting, is what I mean. Rerolling 1s when you hit on 2s does make him better at popping vehicles. My last game, I was able to kill a Chaos Knight with a mix of Termicide and using Ghost-storm to jump Melta teams into point-blank range with it, and I'm imagining I could use a Warpsmith for similar stuff against similar "big targets."

Free hatred is nice, but I like the free improved Leadership and universal Obsec. I think between that, and separate Spawn Auxiliaries, it's a lot easier to make a "Fast" Chaos build than it was before.
>>
>>49811567
>Chrome isn't a botnet
>>
>>49811587
Nice evidence there sunshine.
>>
Working on my HoR Chaos kill team.

Currently my list is entirely just power armored dudes, 5 marines, 2 chosen, 1 champion. Should I swap it up a bit and add say a raptor or biker or should I be fine with jut foot guys.
>>
File: GG.png (127KB, 1045x580px) Image search: [Google]
GG.png
127KB, 1045x580px
>>49811627
>being this willfully ignorant
>>
File: you sure m8.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
you sure m8.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>>49811651
>He post a png
>He thinks this is evidence
>He dosent even mention who this 'bot handler' is
ahh, you must have got lost, /x/ and /pol/ are this way

>>>/x/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>49811698
>Current Year
>Being this far in the botnet
>Being this much of a google fuckboi

So yeah, any recommendations of an epub reader that isn't botnet?
>>
>>49811724
Idk find a firefox plugin

If you don't like what we're selling find it on your own
>>
>>49811724
Nope. I guess you'll just have to beg for PDFs or shell out for hardcopies. :^)
>>
>>49811741
>Memory Leak

Can I have a non memory leak, non bot net solution? Are you selling nothing but shit smeared with shit? Are you part of the GW marketing department?
>>
File: avin a giggle.gif (1MB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
avin a giggle.gif
1MB, 300x165px
>>49811759
You really are a pathetic troll aren't you
>>
>>49811759
I'll reiterate, find it on your own

You probably don't realize this, having autism, but insulting the people you're asking for help is generally counter-productive
>>
>>49811759
Opera with any random plugin.
>>
>>49811759
>Can I have a non memory leak, non bot net solution?
No.
>>
>>49811759
What exactly is the point of convincing yourself that all the mainstream options are evil if you're too stupid to work around it? If you're too computer illiterate to find a working ePub reader, just give in and download Chrome.
>>
Does anyone have a link to the pdf for 3rd edition?
>>
>>49811776
>Ask for recommendation
>Recieve nothing but bleating from google botnet sheep
>Ask for a not shit recommendation
>YOU HURTED MY FEELINGS ;_; GO FUCK YOURSELF

Okay man. I was just asking for a not shit suggestion. No need to feel like your personal honor was offended because I called your browser shit.

No need to get defensive over inanimate objects.
>>
Anyone know, off hand, what the WS of a Mandrake is?
>>
>>49811810
>asks for something
>people respond
>talks shit to them and calls them google shills over and over again
>expects to get more help after turning down several solutions
fuck off.
>>
>>49811814
they are crap
>>
>>49811824
"Can anyone recommend a good bike for the amateur tour de france"
>Have this trike
>>
>>49811827

God fucking damn it. They have such cool lore, too.
>>
File: mandrakes.png (53KB, 683x68px) Image search: [Google]
mandrakes.png
53KB, 683x68px
>>49811814
>>
>>49811824
>Bot net solution gets posted
>Ask for a not bot net because I don't use the bot net
>People get offended by this and throw their shit filled diaper everywhere

I just asked for a non botnet solution. Why did you throw a tantrum about it? 'cause I got use the botnet or go fuck yourself. I got that 'cause you got your knickers in a twist.

If you can't provide an answer to a reasonable request just stop posting and stop shitting up the thread because you got offended.

Offer a solution or fuck off.
>>
File: lol.jpg (180KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
180KB, 517x768px
>>49811831
>He compares his attempt at tin-foil hat conspiracy shit, whilst trying to find a reader for a pirated file to the biggest bike race in Europe
OH GOD I AM DYING HERE, YOU ARE SO AUTISTIC!
>>
>>49811810
>babby fresh off his first week on /g/ rolls in
>"S-SPOONFEED ME"
>give standard recommendation
>"MUH PRIVACY"
>idk man fuck off

I know social interaction is hard, but you have to realize that our priorities don't align with yours, and shitting up the thread doesn't make anyone want to help you.

Go ask /g/ and don't darken our doorstep until you've learned basic civility.
>>
>>49811796
It hasn't been in the mega for a while now
>>
>>49811839
They really really are
a 4++, rending and always having the bale blast would go a long way to fixing them
>>
How, exactly, are drop pods launched?
>>
>People are getting this upset over a fucking epub reader
>People are getting this upset that their browser has been insulted
>People are getting this upset over such utterly trivial things

You people are the reason we can't have nice things.
>>
>>49811879
The clue is in the name, anon.
>>
>>49811868
>Give standard recommendation
>Say its not suitable
>Proceed to have worlds biggest tantrum and act like I insulted your mother honor

Pride is a vice anon. Pride is your downfall. Why didn't you just say you didn't know of any instead of getting this angry?

Whats going on? Do you want to talk? This can't be the cause of this anger.
>>
How do you guys so orders for a Guard kill team? Me and my opponent agreed that it should be just a 12 inch bubble around the commander and everyone in that range is effected.
>>
>>49811879
From ships in orbit, like an escape casual, but to get you into danger.
>>
>>49811870
Although it's mechanically "simpler" to keep track of, the 7e system of Pain Tokens just doesn't feel as "fun" and gamey as the 5e one IMO. I do wish Pain Tokens were a thing, and that Mandrakes were a "techpiece" unit.

That being said, I imagine giving them Flickerjump or some version of Return to the Shadows would make them more competitive. I find it funny that regular Genestealer Cultists are fluffed to be able to meld with shadows and launch super-ambushes, yet Dark Eldar that are supposedly made *of* shadows cannot.
>>
>>49811903
There is like 3 people telling you you are a moron, and an autist, stop pretending there is only one of us, you fucking moron.
>>
>>49811908

That seems reasonable, we don't have a guard player in our Kill Team campaign.
>>
File: wh40kg.png (68KB, 642x1083px) Image search: [Google]
wh40kg.png
68KB, 642x1083px
>>
>>49811940
There is literally only one retard throwing a shit fit over this.
>>
>>49811903
I did tell you. Twice, actually.

You also have to realize that multiple persons are responding to your tantrum here. Some more willing to compete at your level than others.

So, again, finally, we don't have a recommendation that suits your needs, go ask /g/, and come back when you can play nice with the other kids.
>>
>>49811921
>Anonymous image board
>DER ARE LIEK THREE PEOPLE ANON

I'll let you figure out how it works anon.
>>
>>49811920
For GSC, i think its also meant to represent then pretending to be civies again: diving into dwellings and sewers or whatever. least thats how i interpreted it, dosent work very well on a battle feild
>>
>>49811949
No anon. There are at least 4. See >>49811921
>>
>>49811953
Indeed, that's why presuming only one person replying to you is kind of dumb.
>>
File: Cogitating.jpg (20KB, 400x418px) Image search: [Google]
Cogitating.jpg
20KB, 400x418px
>>49811903
Have you tried incense? The Chrome machine spirits might be less traitorous if you appease them. Failing that, the rite of Gue-gul may help, but be wary and remember to first offer obeisance to the Machine God.
>>
>>49811953
so, i know there is me, and at least one other person. i am guess from the way post are being put together there is a third

but clearly (you) are too dumb to work that out

>INB4, EVRYONE WHO DISAGRESS WITH ME MUST BE A SAMEFAG
>>
>>49810931
I use Cool Reader for android devices. Very comfy
>>
>>49811950
>I did tell you

Go fuck yourself isn't a recommendation for an epub reader anon. I don't care how you phrase it.
>>
>>49811883
People got upset because the botnettard resorted to insulting people the minute his retardation was questioned and because he's an annoying git. If he had just said he didn't like Chrome and had politely requested a different reader, there wouldn't have been nearly this hostile of a response.
>>
>>49811891
>>49811913
No, I mean when they are in the ship: are the sent down in launch tubes? Are they suspended from cranes and dropped out of the ship?
>>
>>49811994
>Getting your feelings hurt on an anonymous image board

Why? Why go on responding to obvious shitposting?

I don't get it.
>>
>>49811869
And I imagine that means you don't have a link?
>>
>>49812011
You really shouldn't insist on being an annoying retard when everyone tells you you're an annoying retard. This is an anonymous imageboard, there's no need to scrape off the floor the pride you never had in the first place by defending your retardation.
>>
>>49812034
Its an anonymous image board. Don't feed the shitposter and he will go away. Are you new here? Did nobody tell you that?

Come on anon. If you had just ignored his retardation this could have been prevented.
>>
Anyone know of a good epub reader for firefox or just normal windows?
>>
Any idea how limited the made to order guard are? I have £250 of Mordian Ironguard sitting in my basket and I'm wondering if it can wait until payday.
>>
File: 1474859006202.jpg (98KB, 416x700px) Image search: [Google]
1474859006202.jpg
98KB, 416x700px
Let's stop replying to the shitposter. Perhaps a new topic?

>Orks are a melee race
>I2
>>
If you can take BS4 veterans, why can't you take BS4 veteran vehicle crews?
>>
>>49811759
>firefox
>Memory Leak
it isn't 2006 any more the modern versions of firefox are much better about this
>>
Jeezus, is news this slow that we're spending an entire thread bickering about browsers?
>>
>>49812014
Nope sorry
>>
>>49812070

I don't think they're limited run, I think they're made to order.
>>
>>49812081
Could work, if everything and their mother didn't have bullshit numbers of attacks and saves these days.
>>
>>49812099
"Sometimes products we haven't made for a while become available for a limited period of time. These products can be found in the 'Made to Order' section. They will always be available for at least 48 hours, but the more you buy, the longer we'll keep them on sale! "

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/blog/blog.jsp?_requestid=3568589
>>
>>49812070
They will be up for at least the rest of today, possibly more depending on how much they've already sold.
>>
>>49812082
You can with Imperial Armour for Commissar Tanks and Command Tanks.
>>
>>49812003
Launch tubes, typically on the underside of the ship.

It's essentially a capital-ship-sized bomb bay that drops transports.
>>
File: 1390331696856.jpg (742KB, 1500x2050px) Image search: [Google]
1390331696856.jpg
742KB, 1500x2050px
>>49812081
>Ork Boy
WS4 BS2 S3 T4 W1 I2 A2 Ld7 Sv6+
Furious Charge, Mob Rule
Slugga+CCW, Assault Grenades
>6 points

>Acolyte Hybrid
WS4 BS3 S4 T3 W1 I4 A2 Ld8 Sv5+
Cult Ambush, Return to Shadows
Autopistol+CCW, Rending Claws, Assault Grenades
>8 points

Let's not even begin to get into how easily Hybrids can bump themselves up to WS5 or use psychic powers and formations to get Rage, St5, Hatred...

Step aside for the real melee race, Sempai.
>>
>>49812116
Credit card it is then
>>
>>49812183
Are you actually unaware of the I2 meme?
>>
>>49812198
I know, I just enjoy rubbing salt in the wound.
>>
>>49812082
That always weirded me out, the same way Stormtroopers have BS 3 Chimeras as a transport option.

One thing I always imagined would be a kickass conversion/houserule would be the "Chimera Prime." It's a Chimera, but Fast, BS 4, and instead of Lasgun arrays, it has Hotshot Lasgun arrays.

How many points over the stock Chimera would you consider a fair increase?
>>
File: sector_imperialis_sprues-3.jpg (72KB, 672x912px) Image search: [Google]
sector_imperialis_sprues-3.jpg
72KB, 672x912px
I still can't decide how I should base the kill team / small hobby army I am working on

should I just give in and buy a box of pic related?
>>
>>49812290
15 probably. Fast is a pretty considerable upgrade.
>>
>>49812323
(Game Design rambling ahead)

Personally, I feel that the hike in price to the Chimera from 6th was unnecessary. Personally, I think both the Taurox and Chimera should be 50 points base; you can afford to undercost both transports by a fair bit because the guys inside are super-fragile once de-meched. Both Prime vehicles are 25 points more because of the mix of Fast/hitting harder, and it's a 50% costing over the regular version, while not actually being any more survivable (Side Armor 10 and 3 HP isn't exactly tough to kill).

That, and the math is slightly easier when building an army. Guard Squad + Transport = 100 points. Grenadier Veteran Squad + Transport = 125 points. If, hypothetically, you ran 4 Meched-up Guard Squads with Flamer & Dozerblade Chimera, and 2 Veteran squads with 3 Meltaguns, that's 900 points on the dot. It would feel a lot less awkward trying to fudge upgrades to fit within an exact point limit.
>>
where can i find the eldar corsair rules?
>>
File: Ork Girl 2.png (188KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ork Girl 2.png
188KB, 700x700px
Anyone able to share a copy of The Beast Arises: Shadow of Ullanor?
>>
>>49812396
>Chimera should be cheaper
>because the math is easier
Opinion discarded. Chimera are already competitively priced.
>>
So, could do with a little genecult advice;

How do I make a less all or nothing list?

Specifically, ambushing the shit out of people means key units rended to death on turn 1, whilst not ambushing the shit out of people leads to a T3 5+ shooting gallery for the opponent, and every transport bought is 50 points that could have been another squad of troops.

What's the balanced approach to list building?
>>
>>49812438
There isn't. Genecult, like all really gimmicky armies, are all or nothing and generally unfun to play against.
>>
File: Skitarii_Vanguard.jpg (87KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii_Vanguard.jpg
87KB, 720x960px
Do Skitarii really need Cult Mechanicus for anything or are they good to go on their own?
>>
>>49812454

Damn? The models and concept are cool, but it's not really fun to play 40k when there's not some decent chance of victory on both sides.
>>
>>49812458
They complement each other too well to be used alone over 750pts.
>>
>>49812482

What 40k have you been playing? 40k at this point is who brought rock and who brought scissors.
>>
>>49812458
Skitarii are mediocre by their own, Cult Mechanicus is meh. Together they are... well, not that much better.

But if you add a Knight and call your army War Convocation then it becomes almost bullshit-tier army of goodness that is as powerful as Admech should be.
>>
Anyone else here use the kill team release as an excuse to start that additional army you wanted?
>>
>>49812573
>>49812520
What does Cult Mechnicus give Skitarii that the other doesn't have?
>>
>>49812573
WarConvo isn't as good as you're making it out to be. Yes, it's strong, but it only really tops the mid-tier. The most powerful thing about it is using Canticles of the Omnissiah on your whole army.
>>
>>49812631
War Convo was really nuts when they could ally drop pods and put things in them.

They ruined allied transports for every other Imperial army.
>>
>>49812290
Hold the fast typing and I'd let you do it for 15 points and a free dozer blade.
>>
>>49812434
Eh, I would dispute that though. The Chimera has what used to be called Eldar Transport Syndrome (back before Scatterbikes were a thing, and back before Eldar had Battle Focus), with the "one access ramp" really hurting it. If you're the type of person that likes running "suicide Command Squads", that's more power to you, but the moment you end up in a mirror match, your Transport gets wrecked, and your Vets get wiped out by a Wyvern that costs less than they do, that hurts. A blob can at least start spread-out, get the buffs going, and occasionally hide Yarrick inside as he's harder to single out compared to normal Senior Officers.

Emperor's Blade is pretty nice though; the bonuses are nice and it's easy to live with the Hellhound tax. In a pinch, you can use the CCS Astropath as a Psychic Shriek vector, so the Chimera can move, Witchfire, give orders, then Flat Out back behind cover or something silly like that.
>>
>>49812631
Well i've played ~100 games with war convo so I think I know how good it is or not. Its tier1,5 by its own. Whoops tier2 lists and gives a hellova fight to tier1 lists but mostly just loses to them.
>>
>>49812694
drop pods ruined allied transports in general
>>
>>49812768
>Hellhound
>Fast Torrent Vehicle with preffered enemy
>Still calls it a Tax

Bro. That is a beast weapon your dismissing out of hand, and even if it dies first turn the 125 pt vehicle has bought your 140+ point veterans an extra turn to get where they need to be.
>>
>>49812842
Flesh Tearers Detachments with nothing but Drop Pods, a minimum Scout Unit, and a Librarian especially ruined Allied Transports.
>>
>>49812607
Things which can actually take a hit. Skitarii are really not very hard to kill whatsoever, and because they're rather short-ranged and lack transports, can often get massacred as try cross the board. Kastellan Robots and Kataphron Servitors can add a solid backbone to your army that take a significant effort for your opponent to get rid of.
>>
>>49812603
I'm suddenly itching to assemble kill teams for several factions, but am struggling with options. Usually it's the one box I bought from other armies for pure painting, so I slapped some stupid stuff on some of them.

How can I fix these lists? I plan to bring 3-4 over to a friend's game night, he'd like me to introduce 40k to the group.

SM: Imperial Fists
>10 Tacs, Heavy bolter, Plasma gun, Vet Sgt with Power sword

CSM
>5 Warp Talons, Chaos spawn with MoN (performed very well in a ZM game)

Orks (unfinished)
>5 Nobs: 2 Big choppas, 2 Power Klaws, Combi-skorcha

Eldar
> 5 Dire Avenger with Exarch, 5 Striking scorpion with Claw Exarch

Stormtroopers
>5 Scions, 2 Plasma guns, 5 Scions with Melta and Hotshot Volley gun

Grey Knights
>6 Purifiers, Psycannon, 5 Halberds, Knight of the Flame has MC and Digital weapons
>>
>>49812867
the hellhound is a tax in games where your opponents armor saves are mainly 3+ or better
the model itself is great because by simply replacing the barrel you an specialize in killing 2+,3+ and 4+ infantry
>>
>>49811860
What is your current browser of choice?
>>
>>49812011
You know what else you aren't getting?
Solutions.
>>
>>49812886

How are those Imperial Fist tacticals supposed to beat striking scorpions or warp talons?
>>
File: crassus.jpg (1MB, 2125x2924px) Image search: [Google]
crassus.jpg
1MB, 2125x2924px
Scion Command Squad - 160
4 plasma guns, plasma pistol

Scion squad - 155
10 models, 2 flamers, power fist
Scion squad - 140
10 models, 2 melta guns
Scion squad - 130
10 models, 2 grenade launchers
I'm using kasrkin models and I refuse to proxy

Crassus armored transport - 300
4 lascannons, hunter killer missile

Sentinel Recon company-315
3 armored sentinels with lascannons, smoke launchers-165
3 armored sentinels with plasma cannons-150

Everyone in the Crassus, drive forward, shoot them in the face.
It's foolproof
>>
>>49812903
It's still not a tax, because you can take Hellhounds, Bane Wolfs, or Devil Dog in the formation and its still legal. There's something there to threaten anyone into shooting at it and not your more pricey and valuable veterans.
>>
>>49812951
I'm actually not sure. I was considering sternguard with heavy bolters and combi weapons, but then head numbers will be a problem.

We're going to be playing in a pseudo Zone Mortalis board (sans extra rules), using Space hulk and BaC tiles as the field, so i'm actually worried about melee being too overpowered by terrain hugging. I played a test battle with the group leader and the stormtroopers were butchered by the Talons due to the latter seizing the open ground very fast and funneling the Scions into the corridors. It was actually very one sided and made me consider actually putting up an Ork KT as an option.
>>
>>49812867
Here's why I consider the Guard Fast Tanks a tax:

When the Hellhound/Balewolf/Devildog were statted up in 5e, the rules were fundamentally different. Back then, I was a fan of the Melta-cannon Devildog with Heavy Flamer. Back then, Fast Vehicles could only fire 1 weapon at a time at Cruising Speed, so there was relatively little penalty to "mix-and-matching" weapons for different roles.Charge ranges were a flat 6", meaning you could reliably gauge a 12" move and 8" flame, or 12" move + 12" melta-blast. Hull Points didn't exist, so you relied on getting Explodes, and the Melta Cannon was AP 1. The fact they kept Melta on blasts gave them a niche because this was also when blasts used "half-strength" if their center was not over the target vehicle in question, and even S4 could be dangerous versus light mech with a good Melta roll. To round it off, you hit Cruising vehicles on 6s in melee, so you could afford to be very aggressive in using them, and Flat Out was part of the Movement Phase so you also got 18" tank-shocks. For 120 points, I felt it was a viable "toolbox" supplement to the Vendettas that were the rage at the time.

Since then, their points have remained the same while their killing power has diminished overall, their durability has dramatically declined (both from Hull points, and always being hit on 3s in melee), and the enemy can occasionally charge from farther than your flamethrower can reach. The mechanic changes from 5th->6th and 6th->7th have fundamentally changed how vehicles operate, and I find the Hellhound and its variants were not re-costed appropriately.
>>
>>49813040
>Its not as good as it was before
>But its till bretty good
>But i consider it a tax anyway
>>
>>49811196
They have to be servo-arm servitors, not weapon servitors.
>>
>>49812877
Ok, that makes a lot of sense then. How good is a Holy Requisitioner unit with them?
>>
I am looking to build a harlequin army. I started to collect them when they came out but then I got accepted to dental school and haven't played the game for over a year. I am wondering how good the harlequin characters, specifically the shadowseers, really are. The Shadowseers stats on the charge are pretty beastly with 5 s6 fleshbane, concussive attacks. But the lack of AP means a standard harlequin with a caress will probably kill more MEQs. The main draw of a shadowseer is its powers. Veil of tears means they can not shoot you unless you are within charging range and the thought of psychic shriek is tantalizing but probably not that great in practice as you have to first spend the warp charges, then actually hit them with a bs4 shot, make sure you are not denied and then role high enough to do some damage. Yes it has very high potential but probably not get in actual practice.

So my first set of questions are:
How often can you get veil of tears off? If I have 3 shadow seers how often will all three units be veiled?
How does the protection gained from veil compare to the protection and increase mobility of a starweaver?
Should the shadow seer be level 1 or level 2?
Should points be spent protecting your troupe or should you just buy a second troupe?

When looking at the death jester I was not impressed. His main weapon is extremely unreliable and it only has okay potential. Now that there is a shrouded death seer maybe he is worth taking. Shrouded in cover doubles the harlequins survivablity. Is this a reason to make a large troupe on foot?

Finally the solitaire, do I get him from the hero's path? Infiltrate as stealth and shrouding means he can some out of some crazy places and lay down the hurt. If that better than to have him lay back for a few turns before he charges forward to wreck face? Is the death jester and shadow seer tax worth it?

Also how many attacks does a harlequin get if it has a kiss, a pistol, and charges? base attack 2
>>
>>49812768
>Wyverns are OP in the mirror match
>so Chimera should get a massive price cut
No, fuck you. Leafblower was gay as fuck to play against, and I'm still salty that Razorwire was resurrected.

The core rules need a heavy re-tooling as far as vehicles are concerned. A lot vehicles need one or more hull points added on, Haywire needs to stop being so ridiculously effective, vehicles need to go back to being harder to hit when moving more quickly, grenades need to go back to "every dude gets to use one in melee" but Walkers go back to only being hit on sixes, vehicles should probably just get Split-Fire base, and they need to look long and hard at the current AV system. It's just not granular enough. In general, DT's need to stop being cheap, disposable means of getting your army in place.
>>
File: 1500 Battle Company.png (65KB, 676x1554px) Image search: [Google]
1500 Battle Company.png
65KB, 676x1554px
r8?
>>
>>49813002
oh you're right those also come under the name "hellhound squadron" forgot about that
so yeah the formation has no tax , nice
>>
>>49812972
It's a land raider for lemmings!
>>
>>49813271
Harlequins are pretty bad. Everything is absurdly fragile and expensive. Even a single Flamer Overwatching can ruin your day.

Always take a Starweaver.

Level 2.

Hero's Path is great.

Read the rules, retard.
>>
>>49813292
Newfag question, what do you use for making lists
>>
>>49813292
>Allying Codex Marines to DA so you can get centurions

go fuck yourself
>>
>>49813292
>>49813330
>2016
>not just using the Centurions in your DA army as actual Dark Angels
Get with the times, grandpas.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Webstore-Blog/2016/07/25/Using-all-the-Space-Marines
>>
>>49813280
I want less "Fast vehicles are harder to hit, because it's not like half of the armies use tracking devices" and more "Tanks are REALLY fucking hard to destroy, even if you penetrate them" Congrats, you penetrated the armour....right into the fucking engine block, doing fucking nothing.

Leafblowers were only bad because the squad inside was immortal until you rolled a wrecked or destroyed result. Even with a hull point increase, vehicles still get shat on by the damage table.
>>
>>49813040
Given that this change affected every single vehicle in the game, why is it only the Guard fast tanks that are 'a tax'?
>>
>>49813329
A program called BattleScribe. It's free so just google it. Super awesome.
>>
>>49813391
Thanks
>>
Wolf Scouts are supposed to be elite warriors. Now they're just the same as any old Scouts.

What would make Wolf Scouts the elite troops they deserve to be?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>49813318
I don't really care about winning as much as having fun and painting. Here is my star weave I painted a year ago. The harlequins are really cheap on eBay right now thanks to the death masque box so I figured I would restart the army.
>>
>>49813386
space marines don't have many fast tanks
>>
>>49813421
Be warn that some times it is wrong or makes weird things like buying only the gun or the gun and the model.
>>
How do I deal with Cents with tzeentch daemons? I'm thinking a DP with Telepathy and etherblade.
>>
Would you guys say taking a Vindicare assassin as an ally in an IG (astra militarum) army is worth it? I have 1 roll to fill in a 1500pt army, and i am debating on taking the vindicare (150pts) or Vanquisher BT (135pts bare).
>>
>>49813474
Warpflame Host Exalted Flamer, Exalted Flamers in general, any of the AP2 psychic powers, melee with an MC, melee with Screamers, melee with summoned daemons.
>>
>>49813427
I need to learn how to paint celestial bodies for my astronomer Knight House. I want to do this sort of planet for the personal heraldry of my Knight Acheron
>>
>>49813280
>>49813380
Between Hull Points and attacking vehicles as though they were Weapon Skill 1, why don't they just go back to the 4th edition rules where you attacked vehicles based on armor facing in close combat?

>>49813386
It's specifically the Hellhound variants I'm talking about. They've become exponentially more vulnerable to close-range attacks, while they were costed around being designed to drive point-blank against your opponent. Longer-range tanks can put an army between them and the enemy, while Rhinos are cheap enough that their purpose is pretty much "disposable battle taxi" with secondary movement shenanigans.
>>
>>49813426
Nothing, furfag. Yiff in hell.
>>
>>49813451
And this makes those few they have less of a tax how?
>>
>>49812063
Another anon here looking for a firefox friendly epub reader if anyone knows one.
Not tryin' to start no shit just askin'.
>>
>>49813426
>Wolf Scouts are supposed to be elite warriors.

Welcome to every unit in 40k's fluff entry
>>
>>49813426
+1L, +1 Attk, Stubborn.
>>
>>49813502
Well as it says in the rulebook, its a way of simulating the melee unit attacking the tank's weakpoints, of which their are many. You can break, crush, or shoot through viewports and parascopes, puncture wheels, toss grenades through hatches (which are often unlocked so the crew can quickly evacuate in the event of a fire), set the engine on fire if it isn't properly sealed or a turbine, and so on. I'm fine with it, personally.
>>
>>49813502
Now that they've nerfed Melee krak, I've found my hellhound is a ton more survivable.
Or more specifically my devil dog.
>>
Rhinos should be sixty-five points, AV12, and have the Assault Vehicle rule.

Land Raiders should be 160 points base.
>>
>>49813515
I-I'm not a furfag! I just like Space Wolves... Baka.

>>49813585
Yeah I guess you got me there. Normal scouts are supposed to be new guys is what I meant.

>>49813590
I guess that's what all the other 'elite' marines get. I'd take that over nothing.
>>
>>49813492

>warpflame host exalted flamer
Oh shit. It totally didn't occur to me that the WFH gives +1S to the non-psychic shit, too. S10 pink fire utterly destroys Cents.

Question: if a unit from a WFH summons another Tzeentch unit, do they get the strength boost, too?
>>
>>49813709
What Space Marines of all flavors need is a reduction in the game's scale so that a single Tactical Squad can be a big deal.
>>
>>49813726
Maybe. The WIP FAQ says yes and no that question. RaW, the answer is no.
>>
>>49813689
Lol no. A land raider should not be as much as a leman russ, especially with its stats.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mr86rp1she1qz4rgp.gif (608KB, 167x167px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mr86rp1she1qz4rgp.gif
608KB, 167x167px
>>49813709
>tfw 5th edition wolf scouts can have a power armor wolf guard with a power fist join them and have the entire squad come out of the opponents table edge
>tfw they could assault on the turn they show up

Many gunlines were systematically dismantled by those 6 heroes back in the days
>>
>>49813750

Why is that? Are summoned units not actually part of the army/formation?
>>
>>49813762
In 5th edition, you could attach Mad Dok Grotsnik to Boss Snikrot's Kommando unit, as his ability to appear from the opponent's table edge was technically not Outflanking, and it was technically Snikrot giving the ability to the unit, rather than the unit itself starting with the ability. The unit's "have to run towards the nearest enemy unit" meant little when you could just appear next to the backfield enemy unit(s) you wanted dead, and the fragility of the Kommandos meant less when you could basically make them Cybork Kommandos with 5+ Invulnerables (and this was when Feel No Pain was a 4+, though Power Weapons ignored it). If your opponenet was running backfield Predators or Long Fangs...

The only question that I wish was answered back in the day was whether to call it Sniksnik, Rotgrot, or Grotrot?
>>
File: Warthog Thunderbolt.jpg (61KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Warthog Thunderbolt.jpg
61KB, 720x960px
Is this going to be set too high for actual use in-game? Everyone in our meta agrees that fliers should be set high enough to clear a knight.
>>
>>49813762
>Back in the days
All I remember is my 58pt aspiring sorceror tax.

>>49813826
Grotskrot Kommandos.
>>
>>49813943
Are going to play that as a BRRRRRRT-Vulture?
>>
>>49810920

Yes sir I can boogie, I can boogie all night long

Ask a madman who is about to spend 200 quid on Custode Sprues from BoP anything
>>
>>49814095
What is your favourite colour?
>>
>>49814060
>>49813943
would be a perfect proxy for a marauder destroyer i think
>>
File: static1.squarespace.jpg (149KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.jpg
149KB, 873x627px
Just got the space hulk box, taking color scheme suggestions for the marines and genestealers
>>
>>49814095
did you just buy 2 boxes ? cause i'm pretty sure waiting for the bop box to get released and buying them separately from someone who only wanted the marines or sos would be cheaper
>>
>>49813943
>yfw a furry artist famous for hyper cocks worked on the A-10
>>
>>49814110

Red

>>49814116

I'm going to JoJo pose every single one of them
>>
>>49814138
Lamenters, since they're all gonna die anyways
>>
>>49810978
You should get some onagers. Get rid of the imperial knight- or better, the sicarians. They´re expensive shit too frail for it´s cost. Two or three onagers will help you much more.
>>
>>49814146

10 spures of Custodes

50 Custodes rocking up on a table soon
>>
>>49812183
>>49812201
At this point most of us don't even feel it anymore, as though it's happening to someone else.

Besides, I'm busy painting up cultists for the Esoteric Ordo of Dhae'gonn from the refinery planet of Einmund Secundus.
>>
>>49811759

you're probably really popular at parties
>>
>>49814060
>>49814116
I was thinking of playing it as a Thunderbolt and counting the twin-linked lascannon and 2 autocannons as being from the bullet nozzle on the nose.

Is there something that better captures the BRRRRRT? I use a contemptor with dual kheres assault cannons alongside a Landraider Crusader. I want it to spray lead at least as fast as those two.
>>
>>49814182

>unsheathes twin typhon
>heh... nothin personel custode
>>
Any good 3rd party mutant models?
>>
>>49814215
Time to equip them with storm shields.
>>
>>49811372
Rule book
>>
File: 99590108016_MarauderDestroyer01.jpg (20KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99590108016_MarauderDestroyer01.jpg
20KB, 600x620px
>>49814214
a marauder has 6 forward facing autocannons and fufills the same role as a thunderbolt fluffwise
>>
>>49814214
TL Punisher gatling cannon on a Vulture

It's only like 150 points too
>>
>>49814234
idk about 3rd party, but you can make some good ones using the fantasy ghouls.
>>
>>49814269
Yeah but that rear cannon was the only thing that stopped me. This was my initial choice.

Can super heavy fliers shoot all their weapons or still just 4?
>>
File: 1476245113779-tg.png (473KB, 400x855px) Image search: [Google]
1476245113779-tg.png
473KB, 400x855px
Is a dread mob list more viable than normal orks?
>>
>>49814297
>Orks
>viable
came to the wrong tabletop
>>
>>49814281
Oh? I'm no expert at kitbashing
>>
>>49814214
I think the Avenger? Is literally the A10 of Warhammer.
>>
>>49814297
Just take as many kans and dredds as you can. You'll still probably lose but you'll easily have the coolest army wherever you go.
>>
>>49814297

Genuinely prefer the Kastellan. Does need centurion shoulderpads to fix it's overall outline up though.

Also the Castellax is actually smaller than that. If you look carefully, both are on 60mm bases, but they're scaled poorly next to one another in that pic.
>>
File: 1476244345431.png (472KB, 400x855px) Image search: [Google]
1476244345431.png
472KB, 400x855px
>>49814297
>posting the translated one

Also, I would imagine it has a lot to do with whether or not who you are playing can easily glance dread front armor to death as you approach. So much of vehicles is a binary of either "yes they can hurt you" or "no they can't hurt you"
>>
>>49814322
Fuck. That Bolt Cannon is perfect.
>>
>>49814320
I don't have a good camera to take pics, but ghouls are basically just hunchbacked humans with loincloths/hairy bits and ugly faces. It's an easy mix and match to make my mutants for renegades and heretics.
>>
>>49814297
The Forge World one from IA8, yes, absolutely. I guess somewhere it demands you take a squad of Boyz, but all your other points can go to Dreads, Kanz (got their old points cost & w/o Cowardly Grots!), Mega/Meka Dreads, & the Kustom Stompa.
>>
Is a Shadowsword as good as it gets for IG anti-armor? What's the mini-shadowsword (that isn't a fuckin vanquisher)
>>
>>49813967
Man, the Chaos Codex gets a bad rap, I'll take it in a heartbeat compared to the Gav codex. I remember when Chaos Dreadnoughts could shoot their own guys, or when Spawn were Slow and Purposeful, couldn't take Mark of Nurgle, and HAD to charge the closest enemy unit, even if said unit was a Dreadnought. Not to mention Daemons either being "Greater Daemon" or "Lesser Daemon", Autocannons being 20 points a pop, Bikers costing 33 points base, and Noise Marines costing 20 points base with an extra 5 points for Sonic Blasters.

Really, the only things I miss from that codex are cheaper Daemon Princes (they were undercosted, but 145 points was too much after losing Eternal Warrior) and Aspiring Champions being able to Infiltrate (though Warlord Traits mitigate that).
>>
>>49813501

that looks like Calvin & Hobbes
>>
File: 3cd.png (334KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
3cd.png
334KB, 320x320px
>>49813585
What's upsetting is that normal scouts now have ws/bs 4 but SW blood/sky/swift Claws are still ws/bs 3.
>>
>>49813271
You can attempt to cast it each turn.
Don't need to roll to hit with shriek, if it doesn't have a shooting profile it hits automatically.
Always take a transport.
Always max out psyker levels, the rules are such that you bring as many levels as you can or none at all.
Take him in a heroes path if you're not doing the full masque.
2+1+1.

Harlies are all damage, no durability. They have lots if comparatively very good weapons for very cheap but if you load them up you're not going to see them make their not going to make their points back.
Never give anyone with less than BS5 a pistol, aka the troupe master.
Don't equip every harlie with a special weapon even if they are 5pts.
Troupe master should take the caress if not a relic weapon, it's statistically better.
>>
>>49814290
Super-heavy trumps pretty much all other limitations regarding firing weapons, so I don't see why it'd get limited to 4. Only thing super-heavies can't do is drop more than 1 bomb per turn, though FW did switch the bombs with bomb clusters, which are treated as individual weapons but make several attacks.
>>
Thread is slow. Let me judge you all:

>your army and its fluff name
>its story
>its theme song
>>
>>49812300
You charge me for extra skulls on my blood and skulls Pizza, and this is what you send me? I want to talk to your manager.
>>
>>49814469
maybe if the wolf trainees would train and listen they would get bs/ws4 as well
>>
>>49814509
>War Convocation
>None
>All unpainted models, some even unfinished
>O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei
>>
>>49814357
Coolio. Any tips?
>>
>>49814588
Have a file and green stuff handy since the ghoul arms/bodies aren't flat where they're joined. Other than that it's pretty straightforward.
>>
File: Tommy Lee.png (102KB, 345x230px) Image search: [Google]
Tommy Lee.png
102KB, 345x230px
>>49814565
>>
>>49814509
>IW CSM successor warband.
>The Exalted Forge.
>Leaders want to fuse into a Warlord titan, obliterator-style.
>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=db7CNgfbm-o
>>
File: Valhallans_flank_Orks.jpg (283KB, 1139x852px) Image search: [Google]
Valhallans_flank_Orks.jpg
283KB, 1139x852px
>>49814509
501st valhallan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R-2pG78mSo
>>
>>49814269
I always thought a B-25 bomber or PBJ-1 would work well as the two Marauder types.
>>
>>49814509

>Chaos Space Marines
>Warhost Chimera
>Collection of renegade marines brought together by a Magos of the Dark Mechanicum
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDl9ZMfj6aE
>>
Is 30k worth getting into?
>>
>>49814320
Another unit you can use to make mutants are skaven plague monks. I cut off the tail and the rat feet and replaced the heads with gas masks and I think they look pretty good.
>>
>>49814766

Its the only large games of 40k I play at this point. I either play Kill Teams or 30k.
>>
>>49814509

Executioners Battle Company V, "The Bloody Fifth"

The Executioners have been exiled from their homeworld for a hundred years and sentenced to a penitent crusade to compensate for what they did to the Howling Griffins during the Badab War. Already a ragged horde of feral worlders to begin with, they now suffer from dwindling numbers and ramshackle equipment. They are desperate, but they have sworn in Dorn's name never to give up, and Executioners always keep their word. Heretics and aliens alike fall before their cannons and axes as they descend into the galaxy's darkest places. If they die, they will die covered in the blood of their enemies.

The Executioners use veteran tactics with powerful short-range equipment in their battle companies, while not using as many Devastators. The Bloody Fifth's command squad wears personalized Terminator armor seized from their enemies, while one of their squads still have a dwindling supply of special issue ammunition. The company has lost its close air support, graviton weapons, and all but one of its dreadnoughts, however, and its numbers are at half strength. The company's Land Raider, "Lord of Storms", is a patchwork machine whose machine spirit has no doubt been angered by its missing or mismatched parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqS_xZRVIjM
>>
>>49810931
calibre, it also lets you manage your books and organizes them
>>
>>49814509
Tau, Lightning Contingent
(Based off of my important games and trends up to this point) My Commander, Commander Surestrike (OC donut steal) is on his own sort of crusade against CSM after their pillaging of his home sept. This has lead to him gaining experience fighting against CSM + Daemons without knowing their true power, as well as slaying Space Marine foes of many various chapters who attack when their paths intervene. He has slain the being responsible for the pillaging, Krios the Defiler (a Dark Apostle) multiple times, each time Krios returning stronger than before.
Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGNR_nY0F_0
>>
>>49814161
Prove it.
>>
File: 1qfwZyT.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
1qfwZyT.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>>49814790

My only worry about 30k is it looks way more expensive to collect and is alot of FW stuff like this for example

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Alpha-Legion-Task-Force
>>
>>49814509
>Slaanesh Marines
>Noise Marine Theme
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNp-d4U6Itc
>>
>>49814955

B@C and B@P make it a lot cheaper, also china, if you're into that.

What army do you want to play? Also notice that it isn't entirely space marines. Mechanicum, solar auxillia, and Millita and Cults all exist.
>>
>>49814790
What? Are you saying you don't play large games anymore or that you only play large games in 40k, and the rest is 30k or Kill Teams?
>>
>>49814903
https://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Doug_Winger

>A former engineer for Republic Aviation Corporation, he was the Acting System Engineer for the Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II's AN/AAS-35(V) Pave Penny laser spot tracker. After Republic was acquired by Fairchild Aircraft, Doug worked in the support team for the Space Shuttle orbiter's tail section stabilizer. (of his tenure at these companies, Doug would describe them as "Horrendous shitty jobs, with God-like pay"). Doug also held an array of technical jobs (computer programmer, IT, software development, data management), as well as artistic ones:

>He worked as a freelance animation background artist for Nickelodeon's Dora the Explorer and The Angry Beavers, as a graphic artist for toy/product companies Playmates Toys, Hasbro, Fisher-Price, Mattel, JMP Creative Inc., Applause Inc., Jakks Pacific, MGA Entertainment, Warner Bros. Consumer Products, and Wham-O, and for media company Radio AAHS, and others.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Doug_Winger
>>
>>49811972
You get an internet for being a cool guy.
>>
>>49814700
Why are all the guardsmen shooting orks in the eye?
>>
>>49814988

Sorry for the shitty wording on that.

If I am playing a large game I am playing 30k.

If I am playing 40k it is Kill Teams - I've stopped playing large games of 40k.

>>49814955

With the new boxed sets and the stand alone plastic boxes they're releasing it really isn't that bad. Without going the recast route I've been able to build my Night Lords up to 3k points for about the same cost as the last 40k armies I built.
>>
File: uJ835Rd.jpg (414KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
uJ835Rd.jpg
414KB, 2448x3264px
>>49814509
>Army name
T'ron Environmental Research Expedition, more specifically the T'ron Expedition Defence Cadre.

>Story
http://pastebin.com/zFhkznZn

>Theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgVkuFQ1jYg

Pic related is Aun'ke.
>>
>>49814955
>>49814766
Depends what you want to play.

Here's a tip, Daemons are secretly the master race of warhammer. A Daemon army can be used in 40k, 30k, fantasy and age of Sigmar all with the same models.
>>
>>49815005
Because Valhallans have been fighting orks since the time they were introduced/discovered (32 millenium)? they are perfect at killing them
As if you need to skilled to kill I2
>>
>>49814509
>SM, the Grave Wardens
>The loyalist remnants of the Death Guard, first CM was Crysos Morturg
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4VCpTZye10
>>
File: 0abd8cd2d38af2a8d0d9914e0da9d342.jpg (272KB, 1200x480px) Image search: [Google]
0abd8cd2d38af2a8d0d9914e0da9d342.jpg
272KB, 1200x480px
>>49814509
IG. Mankind's 11th reserve.
A hastily scraped together regiment usually stationed behind the frontlines to protect supply lines, halt counter offensives and repel flanking attemps.
The men avoid conflict as much as possible and only do the minimal work required to not get in trouble.
The regiment falls between the bureaucratic cracks in the Administratum which forces them to adapt their tactics to whatever surplus they can gather from other regiments.

They're lazy, disorganized and ill equipped.
Good thing they rarely see any action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgeIINs1TrQ
>>
File: 1418414600541.png (221KB, 800x485px) Image search: [Google]
1418414600541.png
221KB, 800x485px
>>49815040
>age of Sigmar

Being able to be played in Age of Shitmar is not a plus
>>
>>49815130
Age of Sigmar is fantastic. It's well balanced, streamlined ruleset, great narrative play and generally really fun.

And GW really innovated with how they're doing their books, compared to 40k.
>>
>>49815130
Its optional, my dude.

think of it like this, it gives you the option to play AoS without buying the shitty AoS models.
>>
File: 1394693374020.png (39KB, 279x453px) Image search: [Google]
1394693374020.png
39KB, 279x453px
>>49815144
>Age of Sigmar is fantastic
>>
>>49814509
Sisters of Flame and Perseverance

Named and based on the imperal navy ship Flame and Perseverance. They spend most of the time responding to calls for help or hunting down heresy.
Never really considered a song though.
>>
>>49815220
What's wrong with it, then?
>>
File: cat.jpg (321KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
321KB, 610x610px
>>49815144 (you)
>>
>>49815230
Is it that hard to believe that I genuinely like AoS? It's better than 40k in it's current itteration.
>>
>>49815256
Give it up. Most people here have not, and will never try, AoS. Posting anything positive about AoS is just an excuse for people to shit on you.
>>
>>49814363
When did they lose cowardly grots? I thought they still had that in the IA Codex
>>
>>49815256
>Is it that hard to believe that I genuinely like AoS?
yeah it is why the fuck are you in the 40k general and not the AoS general?
>>
>>49815256
AoS is like marmite, but you can't play pick up games of it.
>>
>>49815297
AoS general has plenty of people who switched over from 40k to AoS.

>>49815312
I'm in both, someone else mentioned it first here.

>>49815313
Why not?
>>
>>49814991
So you're telling me this dude is responsible for Dora the Explorer, Space stations having control, Tiny Toons, a-10 warthogs, the Angry Beavers, My Little Pony, Futa porn, and pretty much everything kids in the 90's liked?
>>
File: mmHHctB.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mmHHctB.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>49815144

>well balanced
>narrative
>>
>>49815312

AoS general is nearly as dead as the WHFB one at the moment.
>>
File: Raptor_Taros.jpg (28KB, 249x530px) Image search: [Google]
Raptor_Taros.jpg
28KB, 249x530px
Are the Raptors the ninjas of the Space Marines or does another chapter hold the designation?
>>
>>49815325
>I'm in both, someone else mentioned it first here.
that makes it ok to shitpost and derail the thread!
>>
>>49815326
He was involved in a bunch of those things, yes.
>>
>>49815297
I tried AoS and I thought it was shit.
I tried it again with the generals handbook and it's still shit.
The lore it has is shit.
>>
>>49813770

Are they listed in the formation? If no, then no.
>>
>>49815353
I can see why. My local gw was full of AoS players for about 4 months now no one even mentions it anymore
>>
Not him, but AoS is a much more enjoyable game experience right now than the clunky mess that 40k is at the moment. Hence, 8th edition is coming.
>>
>>49815356
How is stating my opinion shitposting?

>>49815343
It is. More balanced then 40k, anyway. And Narrative Play is basically scenarios.
>>
>>49815310
Cowardly Grots was added in the 7th edition Codex. I honestly don't get why they were hit by the nerfbat, when 6th edition + "2 Hullpoints" made them that much weaker. Someone at GW must have been salty about losing Thunderwolf Cav to Kans...

>Base point cost increased.
>Kan Klaws reduced to Strength 7
>Cowardly Grots.

The nerfbat really stings.
>>
>>49814138
ushabti bone stealers, nagaroth night marines.
>>
>>49815325
>why not?
You have to argue house rules, argue if to use points or not, argue what mission or realm you're playing, argue how to set up the board, argue argue argue.
>>
>>49815144
>great narrative play

I tried AoS. Many of the core rules are directly counterproductive for narrative play. Things like fixed rolls to hit and wound, or units being able to shoot in and out of combat without penalty, are so completely illogical and unintuitive they make it impossible to suspend one's disbelief and imagine what's happening as a story.
>>
>>49815385
>stating my opinion shitposting
You're right that AoS isn't that bad, but this is the 40k general. So unless you're going to relate it to something actually important to 40k it's a derail.
>>
>>49815385
>How is stating my opinion shitposting?

>40k general
>post about how AoS™ is better than 40k
>"im totally not shitposting guys"
>>
>>49815387
What if kans were 25 points each but could swap both arms for weapons?
>>
>>49815441
Someone else talked about it first. I'm allowed to defend a game I like.
>>
>>49815463
Not in the 40k general you fucking mother breather, just tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>49815463
no you're just shitposting
>>
>>49815381
I sure love pushing all my guys to the center of the board and rolling 4+ until one side wins
>>
>>49815476
Telling him to fuck off is actually shitposting though.

>>49815485
You fell for the meme.
>>
File: 1408328490983.jpg (30KB, 850x560px) Image search: [Google]
1408328490983.jpg
30KB, 850x560px
>>49815476

>fucking mother breather
>>
>>49815387
Kanz stayed around the same cost, comparing base costs is deceptive as in the 4th ed codex they came without and were forced to buy a ranged weapon.
>>
File: lurd inqusitur.jpg (40KB, 600x676px) Image search: [Google]
lurd inqusitur.jpg
40KB, 600x676px
>>49815485
>I sure love pushing all my guys to the center of the board and rolling 4+ until one side wins
kek
>>
>>49815355
Are the Raptors the only Space Marines who use camouflage?
>>
>>49815408
not the other guy, but the same is true for 40k in its current state:
Eternal War vs Maelstrom; Ruleset in play (ITC and other shit); LoW usage/limits, Houserules, board setup, etc, etc

hey, that list looks pretty familiar.

seriously, both games have a very similar pre-game list, and if you aren't socially defective its pretty easy to get it done in 5 minutes or less.
>>
>>49815536
Camouflage like that? Yes. The rest of the marine chapters are smart enough to just use cameleoline.
>>
>>49815485
Things that are shit about sigmar
>New fluff has no weight or drama to it. Two armies of etherial origin do battle in a random ass plain made up just for their fight
>Every single unit has a different special rule, instead of refrencing a simple set of universal rules, slowing down the game tenfold
>The absolute lack of points for different wargear means you just take the best one, no diversity.
>Magic is just as broken as it was in 8th
>No meaningful customization for characters, hampering narrative play. Also less room for fluff since your general is just a magic man from a magic realm every time
>Blobs of guys are just as much of a staple as they were in 8th
>Shooting in combat is fucking stupid
>rolling initiative each turn is fucking stupid
>Buying models in blocks instead of individually means army building is more ridgid and and monibuild
>Absolute lack of rules for moving in terrain
>Models not being in formations means the movement phase is now four times as long
>Monsters just as broken and dominating as in 8th
>took a fucking year to release actual structured play rules
>>
>>49815561
>Eternal War vs Maelstrom

Slightly different ways to play the same game. You can bring an army and play either EW or Maelstrom no problem. It's completely different to AoS's scenarios/points limit/open play choice, which will largely dictate what sort of models you need to bring.

>Ruleset in play (ITC and other shit)
40k isn't designed around the use of house rules, so this isn't under consideration. The vast majority of people won't use, and probably won't even know or care, about comp packs.

>LoW usage/limits
Again, this isn't an option built into the game. If you have access to LoW, you can use them, in exactly the same way as people can bring Heavy Support choices.

The core issue is that AoS is based on the assumption that people will use house rules, which makes it extremely unsuitable for casual pick-up games. 40k can be played right out of the book.
>>
>>49815619
>Two armies of etherial origin do battle in a random ass plain made up just for their fight

There's like 8 realms, total. Based on the Winds of Magic + Chaos.
>>
>>49814509
>Imperial guard, Maleventum mechanized division
>A division of around 15-20k personnel including the attached support brigades like Admech and theyr skitarii/servitors, its groups togheder several regiments of Tarpean hastati (oc regiment) from the forgeworld Tarpea, Steel legion, death korps of krieg and the survivors of xircus secundus PDF, all those regiments are the few survivors of a three years war against a secessionist force of said planet, later turned chaotic as the system was isolated off for a two years by a warpstorm, and it took one years for the reinforcements to be sent and finally suppressing the rebels.

>some cool vietnam war song or some russian midi as fuck music like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsUG5U54cqg
>>
>>49815355
This pic reminds me of a horrible truescale log I once saw.
>>
>>49815561
Roll a d6 to decide maelstrom or eternal war, a second d6 for mission.

Rules are the 40k rules, I pity anyone who lives somewhere where people are so socially defective they demand to play house rules or use limits.
Just play the game and have fun, if they stomp all over you just ask them to bring a weaker list next time.
>>
>>49815355
What is the Raven Guard?
>>
>>49815376

Yeah, the General's handbook bubble burst really fast.

I actually bought a starter box of the Dryad army myself because the idea of, even in an objectively shit rule system, a trollish teleporting ambush army turning the entire board into a forest was kinda fun... But was going to build it up really slow between projects.

Never needed a second kit, because the game died again.

But hey, now Genecults exist, so I can trollishly ambush all over the board anyhow, and without needing to source 9+ citadel woods.
>>
>>49815355
I'd argue RG are more the ninjas, focus on heavier use of melee and sabotage/dirty tricks.

raptors are probably closer to modern military force reconnaissance with the level of emphasis on precision shooting and stealth in combination
>>
>>49815677
what, is that the one with the WW2 machine gun team and the log that looks like literal shit?
>>
Where can I find a Malcador for cheap?
>>
>>49815823
China
>>
How viable is a pure chaos daemon army these days, no offense to normal chaos players but their armies are shit.
>>
>>49815923

Summoning buffed Daemons a lot, since they can summon without the big drawbacks, and some of their basic troops(horrors) can summon while also being a possible summon target.
>>
>>49815923
Khorne Daemonkin is great, otherwise Tzeentch Daemon summoning is also viable.
>>
>>49815923

Still a very solid army. Good options - screamer stars still work, demon summoning is viable, KDK is an interesting list.
>>
>>49815463
I kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single AoS Shitpost is "OP". It's not. They're the Troll's TEQ. It's fair if they can have one if you bring some Quality 40k posts or a discussion. If they bring multiple and in the Wing, then yes that is pretty cheesy.

Also 40k is shit. It's just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oreinted around it would be incredibly boring. If 40k had the same love that 30k then that would be fine.

A "fun" topic to talk about is something that tries to bring all the neat ideas into the thread in a combined arms fashion. Not just spamming any one single shitpost. A good Thread Derailer would know that some well supported Age of Skubmar defending is a cheaper and arguably better source of anti infantry fire power than the other units.

I'm so tired of hearing non AoS players complain about "muh no points or muh thread derailments" They're there in the thread, they have no purpose, just like the 4chans.source then any of the shitposts. Just because you get butthurt at the cheesemongers doesn't mean that the other Shit Posters have to stop trying to derail the thread. Quit bitching.
>>
>>49814509
>118th Tallarn

>Stranded on a Tau occupied desert world, the 118th have fought a brutal guerrilla war from the desert. Now they've been resupplied by an Imperial invasion force and seek to finally repel the Tau infidels.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoJvI8XUa0
>>
>>49815923
They're one of the top tier armies but all their good builds contain at least one Tzeentch herald.
>>
>>49816031
There are points though.
>>
>>49815996
>>49816002
>>49816027
>>49816052

Based, surely Magnus will come under Daemon rules as well when he is released??
>>
>>49816054
Yeah, points they need to improve on before anyone actually plays that pile of shit!
>>
>>49816054

Not the guy you are responding to but they released a supplement with points.
>>
>>49816082

I imagine he'll be playable with both Demons and CSM.
>>
>>49816113
Naw, he'll only be able to be taken in the new Thousand Sons Codex.
>>
>>49816091
Pay more money for the ability to use points/play with some semblance of balance.
>>
>>49816176

Yeah but they'll be AoC with everyone DoC and CSM.

>>49816198

I got no dog in the hunt. I was just saying they released points. I don't play AoS so it doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>49816036
IMPERATOR AKBAR
>>
These are the profiles for custodes and sisters:

Custodes:
ws6, bs4, s5, t5, w2, i5, a3, ld10, 2+/4++.
hatred, furious charge, rampage.

Sisters:
ws5, bs4, s3, t3, w1, i5, a2, ld10, 2+.
Preferred enemy (psykers), hatred (psykers) furious charge and a pariah blade which inflicts ID on any model with the psyker special rule and otherwise is ap3. They will have the pariah rule meaning they can never be the target of any psychic power. and all psychic powers cease to be in effect within 6″ of the unit
>>
>>49816257

Pretty rad for both. Really like the Sister rule set, not that psykers are that impactful in 30k.
>>
>>49816255
>>49816255
New Thread
>>49816255
>>49816255
>>
>>49814509
>The Aresian 3rd Regiment of the Line
An army known for its combined arms advances. It utilizes a combination of foot infantry, heavy armor, and mounted veteran teams. The infantry guard the tanks and hold territory, the tanks steadily advance in a line formation spewing continuous suppression fire. Behind the tanks, techpriests and their tech-acolytes maintain the vehicles and record combat data. The mounted veterans secure flanks and push ahead of the battle line to secure primary objectives or clear obstacles that could disrupt the advance.

In support of the primary line are a quick response force known as Martyrs. These men ride in teams of five aboard Vendettas and serve to troubleshoot parts of the line that meet heavy resistance. The Vendettas wreck enemy fighters and vehicles, while the melta-wielding Martyrs perform point blank aerial assaults on whatever massive creature is threatening the line. Most of them die in the process, hence their name.

They hail from the planet Ares (until I can find a better name) which is best described as an Earth-sized mars but with copper-rich siol instead of iron. It specializes in Vanquisher Russ production, but ironically can never produce enough vanquisher shells, so most of the tanks are still firing conventional battle cannon shells.
>Blatant excuse to only use long barrels on my tanks is blatant.
>>
>>49816333
Oh goddammit I forgot the theme song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2vnJhva0MQ
>>
>>49814645
>>Leaders want to fuse into a Warlord titan, obliterator-style.

That's pretty fucking cool, anon.
>>
>>49812573
I've seen that one that allows canticles on everyone and skitarii whatevers on everyone do pretty well.
>>
File: GREY_HUNTERS.jpg (62KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
GREY_HUNTERS.jpg
62KB, 600x620px
>>49814509
I'm currently building a Spacewolves Great company, the not!Blackmane led by Jarl not!Ragnar. They favor the drop pod assault but will deploy in rhinos and razorbacks when necessary.

Most of them are still on sprue and the few I assembled are still grey but I'm slowly getting there.

As for their theme song, I imagine something from Amon Amarth like:

https://youtu.be/fJQix1NDruA
>>
>>49814297

I've used it a fair bit. It's very similar to Green Tide; you just hope your opponent didn't bring enough of the stuff that counters the thing you're spamming.

Against Ad Mech it's basically an auto-lose. Grav and Haywire everywhere, and Beep-Boops will beat Dreads in close combat. On the other hand, I've done brilliantly well against Tyranids with it, but those weren't Flyrant-spam lists. Nids just don't have many answers for a wall of AV11+ coming at them. The rest essentially comes down to how much anti-tank they brought. Grav-spam shuts the entire army down so if you see your opponent placing down tons of Grav, just concede. You simply won't win.

One advantage of the list is that it's quick to use. You don't need move tons of models each turn. Also, entire army essentially ignores the god-awful Mob Rule table since you're mainly fielding vehicles. Using your remaining points on a nice big Biker unit with a Warboss and Painboy can be effective.

One of your biggest enemies will be Knights, and Gargantuans. You essentially have to charge them with multiple units at the same time, because they will utterly mince anything that goes in on its own.

So essentially, in answer to your question, no.
>>
File: IMG_6168.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6168.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I need some feedback on my Deathwatch list.

Inquisitorial detachment
>Ordo Malleus Inquisitor, terminator armor, force sword, psyker ML1, psycannon, 3 servo skulls

Strateguim command team
>Watch Captain, artificer armor, xenophase blade, storm shield, bolt pistol with specialist ammo
-purgatus Killteam
>4 veterans with power sword/storm shield
>veteran with stalker pattern boltgun
>librarian ML2 with force axe, terminator armor, storm bolter
>terminator with heavy flamer, power fist with aux melta
>vanguard veteran with lightning claws
>blackshield with stormshield, thunder hammer

Strategium command team
>librarian, power armor, force sword and bolt pistol
Furor killteam
>4 veterans, boltguns
>veteran with storm shield, deathwatch shotgun
>veteran with infernus heavy bolter
>veteran with drag cannon
>veteran sergeant with boltgun, xenophase blade
>biker with power sword, twin linked boltgun

Aquila Killteam
>4 veterans with boltguns
>veteran with plasmagun
>veteran with infernus heavy bolter
>librarian ML2 with force sword, plasma pistol

Armor
>land raider crusader, storm bolter
>>
>>49813487
Anyone have an opinion on this?
>>
>>49814509
> Dark Eldar
> Pirates who stole soul stones instead of rezzing and work with Harlequins to dick Chaos over, all because the Archon said fuck it, and decided to go adventuring
> You are a pirate
>>
File: Tallarn_Brawler.jpg (271KB, 761x1143px) Image search: [Google]
Tallarn_Brawler.jpg
271KB, 761x1143px
>>49816245
That is painted on the side of one of my Chimeras in Arabic.
>>
>>49817065
>>49813487

Vindicate beats out the Vanquisher against literally everything offensively. Against anything without anotice invulnerable save his chance to wound is a flat 76%, which is AMAZING, and against vehicles he outperforms the Vanquisher at every AV. And this doesn't factor in his ability to ignore cover.

Defensively, he's a bit squishier. A 3+ cover save in ruins is nice, but he dies to s8 weaponry, which will only barely bother the Vanquisher's front armor. On the other hand the Vanquisher is afraid of AP1, while the assassin doesn't care since he has either a 3+ or a 4++ regardless. And he doesn't evaporate in melee.

On the whole, I go with the assassin every time. Unless the Vanquisher is from an allied Armored Battleground and it's packing Beast Hunter shells.
>>
>>49814415
Stormsword is a decent alternative to the Shadowsword, but it is as good as you're gonna get without having to spend more points on a bigger LOW.

There isn't really a mini-Shadowsword sadly. If you're not fond of the Vanquisher there's the Destroyer Tank Hunter. A twin-linked Ordnance lascannon could be handy and it's a big hull mounted gun like the Shadowsword.

The lack of good ranged anti-tank for IG makes me want to go full FW using ABG and buy Earthshaker and and Medusa artillery carriages.
>>
File: 16633548003_d349ca9ba9.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
16633548003_d349ca9ba9.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
So me and my brother got into a heated debate in the car the other day. Long road trip, southwest US, literally nothing for hundreds of miles, et cetera.

The crux of the debate is this: What it means to be a courteous or sporting player (in 40k).
>His opinion: When playing against your opponent, it's insulting and demeaning to give anything less than the maximum your skill as a player can deliver. Therefore it is most courteous to bring your A-game whenever possible.
>My opinion: It's discourteous to make the game unfun for either player. Since easy victories and hopeless losses are unfun, it is most courteous to tune your list to even the playing field, IE only bring your best units and formations against high-power armies like Eldar and Necrons.

What do you think? We agreed to disagree. For reference, he plays nids and I play guard.
>>
>>49817457
Depends on the situation I'd say. His opinion is completely correct for tournaments or competitive games but I'd much rather play someone like you in a friendly setting.

I quite like narrative and scenario based stuff though, and your opinion is much more conducive to that.
>>
>>49817514
>competitive vs casual
I didn't think of that. I deliberately eschew the competitive 40k scene, on account of the game's inherent lack of balance. That and I live in the ass-end of nowhere right now.
>>
>>49812300

Fuck me, no. Surly that effect can be achieved with a £4 tub of sand.

I can half understand the urban ones but they truly are for the laziest fucks alive.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.