[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a character concept I've never heard before?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 14

What's a character concept I've never heard before?
>>
>>49808276
You're mom
>>
>>49808276
Elven warrior princess trying to avenge her kingdom and is also diaper-dependant
>>
The character is a bard written into reality by a scroll of music chronicling the world's history. The character is fated to die in a fate-of-history determining battle, but until then, is quested with exploring the world to uncover all of it's hedonistic delights, to observe the injustices and tyrannies of the age, and to live on the road; lest they become too dull, and be written out of reality for having nothing to bring to the table.
>>
hikikomori djinn
>>
File: lanternman3.png (2MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
lanternman3.png
2MB, 2400x2400px
>>49808276
A lanternfolk saint has come to enlighten the world.
>>
>>49808276
She appears to be a normal princess except she dresses like a witch schoolgirl, her eyes have irises that looks like pink roses and her hair is three different shades of green and sparkles in bright light, but secretly she is actually a half-stone-elemental.
>>
Sentai group - five Dunmer teens with attitude. Who express that attitude and teenage rebelliousness by praising the Septim bloodline, venerating Emperor Uriel, and being Imperial Legion fanboys.
>>
>>49808276
Dwarf wizard.
>>
>>49808302
DIE DIE DIE DIE
>>
Grey Dwarf Monk, part of a clan of ninja assassians. Seemingly merciless and an asshole until it is discovered he was exiled for refusing to kill his sister.
Half-Orc Ranger who was part of an Orc hoarde that rampaged across the mountains until they were ambushed in the night by Drow/Goblinoids/Fey and vowed revenge.
Human Fighter/Bard multiclass whose part of an Order of Knights who venerate the magic and knowledge of Bards in combination with their own battle prowness.
Ex-Gladiator Sorcerer, who escaped from the ring when his powers manifested.
Dwarf Warlock. She dug too deep.
>>
A wheel of cheese that wants to become a pharmacist
>>
>>49808365
>I don't wanna leave my lamp! I just wanna stay in here and be left alone!

I like it.
>>
>>49808276
A stuffed animal that can use toys as though they were the real thing it's meant to represent
>>
Autistic hermit wizard who uses his autistic charm to make people like him.
>>
Half-orc Paladin of Tyr.
>>
>>49808276
depends on what you've heard
>>
>>49808884
>Human Fighter/Bard multiclass whose part of an Order of Knights who venerate the magic and knowledge of Bards in combination with their own battle prowness.
>Dwarf Warlock. She dug too deep.
Could I steal these, good sir?
>>
>>49808958
That's not a character concept. That's, like, what can "Korean economist working at Smith&Sons" tell about a man?
>>
File: Screenshot_71.png (17KB, 82x153px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_71.png
17KB, 82x153px
>>49808276
An eidolon from the result of experimentation in pursuits of making eidolons more "humanized" in that they don't have to obey their masters and have their own sentience apart from what they were created from.

I heard that Eidolons are part of a creature that the summoner makes a pact with, hence the research into making them their own being.. if that makes any sense.
>>
>>49808289
>>you're mom
That's... actually, it never occurred to me to play a mother. Good on ya, anon.
>>
Boxer focused on counters
>>
File: 23132.png (88KB, 204x358px) Image search: [Google]
23132.png
88KB, 204x358px
>>49809394
In the end I had my character be the wrong end of what they wanted to achieve as it was an amalgamation of vengeful spirits of those who had died during the experiments.

I killed a party member with this character He was part of the research team. It was glorious.
>>
>>49808276
An OP that doesn't suck cocks on a daily basis.
>>
Drunken madman who claims to be a deposed prince in exile. Actually is a prince, just got lost and is too shy to ask which way his home country is.
>>
A bard who is ugly and sucks at social interaction but has an amazing singing voice.
>>
>>49808276
Dad with family that doesn't get better equipment, just sends all his gains back home.
>>
>>49808835
nice
>>
>>49809380
>what can "Korean economist working at Smith&Sons" tell about a man?

>not stereotyping based on race and job description
>>
>mfw most of these aren't even character concepts

How many of you can come up with character concepts that aren't just
>race class don't fit together lel
>>
A (very high) INT wizard played by a guy that has INT as a dump stat. Should Ijust veto him because the guy can't be convincing as a wizard because he's as dumb as a rock
>>
An undead warrior barely holding onto his sanity who wears a mask and heavy clothing to pose as a leper.
>>
An ex-adventurer, now a little old lady who travels with others trying to help them reach their full potential. Not as tough as she used to be but still has a spring in her step. Is still a really good cook but perhaps a little dotty.
>>
>>49808276
Posting one of my friend's
>anthropomorphic squid (by that I mean it's litterally a frail blue human body with a squid as the head)
>comes from an empire where your position is determined by your ability to master psychic powers
>natural at it, he abuses the fuck out of his position until his brother, tired of his shit, trains a lot and beats him
>Brother becomes heir to the Squid empire
>Still resent the char, tries to kill him
>Character escapes assassins, decides to become the god-admiral of squidkind and goes on a quest to destroy the universe
>>
>>49809968
A shy drunkard? Never ever seen or hears of one. Good show lad
>>
File: 1476227975061.png (418KB, 525x650px) Image search: [Google]
1476227975061.png
418KB, 525x650px
>>49810105
>god-admiral of squidkind
>>
File: PCAI-07.jpg (101KB, 640x888px) Image search: [Google]
PCAI-07.jpg
101KB, 640x888px
>>
File: 1434480325413.jpg (220KB, 1024x709px) Image search: [Google]
1434480325413.jpg
220KB, 1024x709px
>>49808276
Old sailor who sings sea shanties and tells tales about pirate lords, treasure and the dragons at the edge of the map, this is how I bard.
>>
File: blazin like the sun.jpg (12KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
blazin like the sun.jpg
12KB, 220x220px
>>49808379
>someone else saved my /r/
good taste
>>49808276
Undead barbarian sailor who fights with an anchor on a chain and a arm mounted cannon.
>>
>>49808276
Hippie paladin.
>>
>>49810062
>high int wizard played by a guy that has int as a dump stat
So an evoker?
>>
>>49809374
Go ahead. The obvious thing for the Dwarf Warlock would be making her a BladeLock (or hammer warlock). The campaign I may end up doing her in has a few Dracoliches, so I was going for the Pact of the Undying but making her a Fiend Pact and doing a deal with a Balrog in a clear LoTR reference is also acceptable.
For the Bard/Fighter, I really imagine a guy in shining armor on a horse- a stereotypical hero, really. College of Valoir, and either take Mounted Combatant as a feat and Battlemaster or Calvier from the Kits of Old UA. The way I imagine, he's a recently graduated knight who's a little naive, raised and trained among nobles, who just wants to be like the Heroes whose tales he tells.
>>
>>49810062
Been there.
Had the guy roll against his Int to do or say something smart, then our resident system master (who was essentially Gandolf the White in the last campaign) fed him brilliant ideas and plans, sometimes ones that were based of the dumb guys plan.
>I tell the bad guys to work for us
>*rolls success*
>Why don't you convince them that we should work to get the treasure together since we just want the artifact and they can keep the gold, and they can even check the final (deadly) chamber first and pick the best stuff?
>Yeah, I do that. *rolls diplomacy*
>>
Ancient robot built to imitate and infiltrate human communities for espionage lives thousands of years past its creators, it's mission, and any civilization it was familiar with. Struggles to maintain disguise as a human because it's the only life it's ever know despite most of its synthetic flesh rotting away over the millenia
>>
>>49808276
A murderhobo who ends up with a curse that only lifts after healing 100 dying people; so he goes round stabbing people so he can stitch them up and lift his curse.
You wanted original, not good
>>
File: IMG_1781.jpg (139KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1781.jpg
139KB, 1280x853px
Monk/bard multiclass that specializes in Capoeira
>>
>>49811039
Yeah. The resident barbarian will get to kill the party with fireballs.
>>49811431
I am not willing to give him ideas. It'll make it harder for him, but beneficial in the long run
>>
>>49811641
>I am not willing to give him ideas.
Fair enough.
The GM shouldn't really, anyway.
>>
A nobleman who, through his intense focus, can perform superhuman feats of strength. Or in otherwords, take the barbarian and reskin his rage as focus. I personally like the idea of it being a nobleman boxer, but it could also apply to a kung fu master or something.
>>
>>49808276
A useless fire-based wizard with the single yet powerful ability to turn himself into flames for hiding in candles/torches/fireplaces.
Played as a rogue.
>>
A redeemed blackguard who struggles daily with the temptations of his former life and the ease of selfish corruption over their current existence of dedication and selflessness.
>>
Monk that specializes in dance-fighting
Calls himself the Superstar and does JoJo-Esque poses every five seconds
ESPECIALLY during intense fights
>>
A druid who legit stops being a druid after seeing the wonders of modern tech and wants to become a gunslinger.
>>
>Automaton slowly gaining full sentience & awareness
>>
A giant who is mad a other giants for size shaming smaller races while himself being twice the size of a normal giant and far too proud of it.
>>
>>49808276
My friend is starting a 3.5 campaign soon. I want to play a fighter who finds a sword that compells him to sing and forces his alignment to chaotic neutral. The sword locks me into bard only progression. Once I earn enough gold in the game, I would take the sword to an expert smith or something to identify the sword was an enchanted crystal echo blade
>>
>melee necromancer that tanks hits by using necromancy on himself to cheat death

>magic-based thief who has made a literal spirit of greed into his familiar
>the familiar casts spells for him but has to be paid for its service
>>
>Necromancer who has weaseled his way into practicing legal necromancy and casting his spells entails him filling out forms before hand and throwing them into the wind and then cast the spell, because as a countermeasure the kingdom has swamped him with paperwork to cast even a simple curse
>>
A half vampire alchemist that is stuck between finding an alchemical cure for either his vampire or human side, but the spirits of his ancestors on both sides are constantly trying to push him one way or the other.
>>
A setting in South America.
Shitload of tribes and magic creatures to mess around with.
>>
File: image.jpg (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4KB, 160x160px
>>49808276
Demiqueer eggkin fighter
>>
>>49809399
I played one.

She met and fell in love with a (much older) warlord at a battle they were expected to all die in, so they had a final fling in spite of him being married.

They both get separated and assumed dead. Years later she's a roving sell-sword single-mom discovering the warlord was alive and wealthy, so she heads to find him in hopes to just get a job to feed her and her son.

(She didn't know the warlord already died and left his lands to his legitimate son...)
>>
>>49817029
My two latest characters are moms. One is a very strict single mom paladin, the other is a (non-human) necromancer and a mother of 15, who went searching for adventure after her youngest left the house.

That said, I don't think I've ever played a dad. I should try it too. I like older characters.
>>
>>49808276
FREDERIC OF KOLDOVIA, DUNGEON HEALTH AND SAFETY INSPECTOR
>>
>>49817239
It's different, definitely not for everyone or every campaign.
>>
>>49808276
A Clinja. Clown Ninja. Make using the 5e monk class/SW Ninja supplement and a homebrew Clown Race.

Clown race has three subraces: Mime, Jester, and Carny.
>>
>>49817410
I would read that.
>>
Mages I don't really like casting magic but I don't mind playing stuff like adepts or people who can get "magically" stronger but still don't cast spells.
>>
Oven fighter
>>
>>49818424
So like a guy that fights ovens, or a guy that fights using ovens?
>>
File: Oven Fighter Max Lvl.jpg (5KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
Oven Fighter Max Lvl.jpg
5KB, 217x232px
>>49818510
>a guy that fights using ovens?
>>
>>49808276
>The medieval equivalent of an Australian shit poster with no end to his shining confidence, devastating insults and charisma.
His physical form is half man and half manta ray thus creating the banter ray, a chaotic neutral entity of nonsense.
>>
>>49808276
A good one.
>>
>>49809982
this is great
>>
>>49809982
>>49819623

>Dad with family that doesn't get better muscles, just sends all his gains back home.
>Wife and kids are all muscled olympians despite never working out, Dad's a skinny manlet.
>>
A layabout 3rd son of a wealthy family only interested in history. Found out his great-great grandpappy (who was famous as a great warrior and nobleman) never actually slew the great red dragon of myth, but boned her and married her instead where she gave birth to his children (shapeshifted as a human, of course).

Unfortunately, a rival historian uncovered this fact as well and now our easy-going fancy boy is in exile with the rest of his spoiled, upper class familia. The plus side? He has some nice firey powers as an inherited trait from his great great grandmammy.
>>
>>49817025
Winrar
>>
File: 1323454513317.jpg (91KB, 587x700px) Image search: [Google]
1323454513317.jpg
91KB, 587x700px
>>49808276
Thought of for 3.5 d&d but could work for other things.

Middle-age peasant conscripted into army.
His side loses and he becomes disillusioned, becomes mercanary, only ever a toss-away rank and file warrior even after many battles.
Encounter with necromancer on a job, dies, used in experiments.

Now a skeleton but maintains personality, can also change shape into a swarm of bones.
Tries to hide undead nature to continue to take jobs and hunt for necromancer for revenge.
Eventually joins with the party of adventurers on a quest to save the world or whatever because of overlapping goals seeking the necromancer.
Tries to cling to the ideals of honor and some guiding moral code that they had all but abandoned in life as a weak net to hold together what's left of who they were around the fire of vengeance that fuels them pushing forward. All while they reconcile their undead existence that makes everything they're doing seem pointless.
>>
>>49811631
From the thumbnail I thought a camel was getting kicked in the face by Crazy Hassan trying to teach it kungfu.

I was disappointed.
>>
A lawman that has the outward appearance of a man who wants to bring justice to outlaws, and protect the innocent. What he really wants is to hunt people, nothing else.
>>
A Young warrior from a family of nobles whose ancestor pulled off some heroes of old type stuff, slew an ancient dragon that was terrorizing the region, and made peace with the local giant tribe by accidentally marrying the chiefs daughter(He was a very brave man who often got in over his head)

He wants to live up to his family name, and feels inadequate compared to his siblings(he's the shortest, still a tall motherfucker by our standards, but short for being related to a giant)
>>
A druid played as a gentleman botanist. Dominating nature with Science!
>>
File: 1465656001054.png (2MB, 1350x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1465656001054.png
2MB, 1350x2000px
>>49808276
Meme Wizard

A character that has no 'magical ability' but uses memtics (the spreading of ideas) to cause changes among large groups of people

An eldritch tier propagandist that can manipulate entire populations by popularizing certain phrases, songs, political leanings, fashions, ideas etc and thereby manipulating culture to his whim
>>
>>49818708
>Oven Fighter Max Lvl
I died
>>
>>49822514
Punisher
>>
>>49808276
A cardboard box dons the hand of vecna and starts fisting kobolds gargling whipped cream.
>>
I have a concept for a bard who, due to the stories and songs they know, is terrified of getting caught adventuring.

However, due to unfortunate circumstances they keep getting sucked in, ala Rincewind from Discworld or Ciaphas Cain.
>>
>>49808276
>>Necromancer who has weaseled his way into practicing legal necromancy and casting his spells entails him filling out forms before hand and throwing them into the wind and then cast the spell, because as a countermeasure the kingdom has swamped him with paperwork to cast even a simple curse

So has a permament ring of bureaucratic wizardry?
>>
Vampire changeling (4e where vampire is a class).
>>
>>49824375
Can anyone comment on this?

I've been bouncing this idea around, it's like a magic user type that fits into a non magical setting
>>
>>49821567
Now this is original character concept
>>
>>49809425
Happen to have a source image, or a larger version?
>>
>>49808276
necromancer/monk that uses his magic for tag-team wrestling enemies, with his reanimated corpses capable of performing martial arts
>>
>>49809425
> Story time?
>>
son of a great wizard, kidnapped by an evil warlord. the warlord fed him a potion of demolition which would explode violently at the slightest provocation. the wizard came to rescue his son and killed the warlord in his anger before learning of his son's predicament. having sustained serious injuries in the battle the wizard decided to expend the last of his energy to save his son. casting a legendary spell of containment upon his child he was able to turn the violent detonation into a slow expansion.

the result is a character who is slowly exploding for his entire life.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.