[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat me. And don't say "it just works". Try.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

File: 04d.jpg (66KB, 482x640px) Image search: [Google]
04d.jpg
66KB, 482x640px
Stat me.
And don't say "it just works". Try.
>>
>>49805616
It inexplicably functions.
>>
Let's do it in M&M!

>Epitaph
Senses 4 (Precognition).
Extras: Precise

>King Crimson
Movement 1 (Time Travel: 10 seconds into the future)
Extras: Attack, Area, Affects Self & Others, No Save, Linked to Teleport.
Flaws: Activation: Move Action,

Teleport 2.
Extras: Attack, Area, Affects Self & Others, No Save, Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Linked to Time Travel.
Flaws: Quirk (Other targets can only be teleported to their predicted locations 10 seconds from now). Quirk (Diavolo may only teleport to places he could otherwise move to within 10 seconds)

With this setup Diavolo can see up to 10 seconds into the future with Epitaph and then teleport everyone to their predicted locations, effectively 'erasing' the intervening time. Since Diavolo can move during the erased time the restrictions his own movement are less stringent. After he uses his power, he might be anywhere that he could walk, climb, or otherwise get to during the 10 seconds he erases.
>>
It just works.
>>
>>49805616
>>49805973
See, this is an interesting result of a "Stat Me" thread.
>>
>>49805616
Okay.
At every turn it can lay a free prepared turn, at its calling it can overule the current turn and do a small act like walk or equping something.
>>
>>49805973
At last, it... works...
>>
>>49805694
First post, best post.
>>
>>49806276
Its always worked.
You are just too stupid.
>>
The thread's not done until someone does it in GURPS, though.
>>
>>49805616
Roll d% for SAN loss suffered while trying to figure out how, exactly, King Crimson "works".
>>
>>49805616
It's not that fucking hard to understand.
DIO and Jotaro = pause
Diavolo = fast forward
GioGio = broken instant replay button
Funny Valentine = throwing out your tv for a better model
>>
>>49808483

DIO/Jotaro: Pause
Kira: Rewind
Diavolo: Chapter Skip (forward)
GER: Chapter Skip (backwards)
Pucci: Eject
Funny Valentine: Disc Change

Fixed that for you
>>
>>49808629

Oh, and I forgot that Pucci eventually becomes Fast Forward
>>
>>49805616
It juts werks
>>
literally who/10
>>
File: King_Crimson.png (248KB, 592x873px) Image search: [Google]
King_Crimson.png
248KB, 592x873px
>>
File: King Crimson.png (4MB, 3722x2030px) Image search: [Google]
King Crimson.png
4MB, 3722x2030px
>>
File: Timefucking Stands.png (326KB, 1157x712px) Image search: [Google]
Timefucking Stands.png
326KB, 1157x712px
>>
>>49811041
I STILL don't get how King Crimson works.
>>
>>49805973
thats actually a great explanation of king crimson....shit dog
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (283KB, 1468x1468px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
283KB, 1468x1468px
>>49807242
I'm working on a GURPS version, but I need to get to work. Keep the thread alive 'till then if you're interested.
>>
>>49811259

It fucks with cause and effect. People just over think shit.

Epitaph sees all probabilities in the future for 10 seconds. With King Crimson, Diavolo is all "No, I don't like A, B and C happening" and he erases them from happening. Epitaph is the overpowered part of it, because he can just see into the future. King Crimson would just be a punchier STAR PLATINUM otherwise
>>
File: d00.png (227KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
d00.png
227KB, 600x515px
>>49812421
Precognition [25]
Active Only[-60%] Accessibility(Only up to 10 seconds into the future)[-30%] Reduced Time9[+180%] Reflexive[+40%] Cosmic(No Die Roll Required)[+100%] Reduced FP Cost2[+40%]
Final Cost: {93}

That's Epitaph, just instantly look into the near future. Easy enough. I could do a Warp Jump thing like M&M anon did>>49805973
But I have a different idea. Continues because comment too long.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>49813331
Affliction1(Effect Erasure) [10]
Area Effect(I don't know what KC's range limit is on the erasure, if he even has one, pump this arbitrarily high for a universal effect) Emanation[-20%] Fixed Duration[+0%] Reduced Duration5[-25%] Malediction1[+50%] Reliable20[+100%] Cosmic(No Rule of 16)[+50%] Linked(To Illusion)[+10%] Linked(To Memory Erasure) Advantage(Insubstantiality[80](Always On[-50%] Cosmic(Unaffected by insubstantial)[+100%])[+1200%])[+10%]

Affliction subtotal{138} (This doesn't count the modifier for area effect. +5 for a 2 yard effect, and another 5 for every doubling. +430 should cover the observable universe.)

Affliction1(Memory Erasure) [10]
Area Effect(Same as above) Emanation[-20%] Extended Duration(Permanent)[+300%] Delayed(9s)[+0%] Malediction1[+50%] Reliable20[+100%] Cosmic(No Rule of 16)[+50%] Linked(To Illusion)[+10%] Linked(To Time Erasure) [+10%] Disadvantage(Partial Amnesia[10])[+10%]

Affliction Subtotal{61}(Exactly the same as above, including range. This just the one that makes people forget things)

Illusion[25]
Mental [+100%] Initiative[+100%] Accessibility(Only druing erased time to simulate normal time) [-30%] Broadcast[+50%] Linked(To Effect Erasure)[+10%] Linked(To Time Erasure)[+10%] Reliable 20[+100%] Cosmic(No Rule of 16)[+50%]

Illusion Subtotal{123}(Add Long Range[+12 points] if KC's range is beyond 200 yards)

The grand total for erasing time is 322 character points. Within your range everybody becomes unable to affect or be affected by anything else physically, however they'll continue to act as if they could, the erased time won't affect their actions, only their effects. At the end of the duration everybody will forget what happened except for Diavolo. It's all about as irresistible as possible for GURPS.
>>
>>49813356
Right, that final cost isn't counting the range. +872 is enough to make it affect the entire universe equally, for a 1194 point total assuming my math is alright.
>>
Bump in hopes of seeing more writeups of KC. Champions/HERO, perhaps?

Risus:
Foresee the Next Ten Seconds (4)
Erase Up to Ten Seconds of Time (4)
>>
>>49815520
Working on figuring out an anima version.
Most stands could be fluffed as Spiritual creatures/familiars summoned through Seals of Invocation Ki Abilities. So it's a matter of figuring out their innate abilities.
Za Warudo has a modified version of the Time spell "Stop Time" for instance.
>>
>>49805616
He has one specific application of the Practice of Excision from the Time Arcanum. Done.

Epitaph is a basic Time Unveiling, probably with lots of Reach applied.
>>
File: King Crimson.png (273KB, 420x395px) Image search: [Google]
King Crimson.png
273KB, 420x395px
>>49817836
All right, so foreseeing the future in anima generally gives an increase in Initiative, so that's Epitaph. KC itself would probably be using Undo Time as an innate spell.
>>
Is there a stand power that lets you bump threads?
>>
>>49805616
>able to create an extact copy of the current timeline.
>able to manipulate the events in any way he wishes.
done
>>
Alright, for all those misunderstanding how King Crimson works (even though the M&M power set is one of the best explanations I've seen of it):

Epitaph lets Diavolo see all the events occurring within the next ten seconds. When King Crimson is activated, those next ten seconds unfold exactly as Epitaph predicted, including everything Diavolo was going to do. However, Diavolo himself is able to do whatever he likes.

Essentially, two versions of Diavolo exist - a virtual version, who carries out all the actions Diavolo was going to perform, and the real Diavolo, who can move anywhere he likes but can't interact with anything. After those ten seconds have passed, everything is exactly how it would have been if King Crimson hadn't been activated except Diavolo has moved independently and no one but him can remember the events of those ten seconds, thus causing it to appear that time has 'skipped' forwards.
>>
XP 1,200
N Large magical beast
Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +12

DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 10, flat-footed 14 (+1 Dex, +5 natural, –1 size)
hp 47 (5d10+20)
Fort +10, Ref +5, Will +2

OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee 2 claws +8 (1d6+4 plus grab), bite +8 (1d6+4)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
STATISTICS
Str 19, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +5; CMB +10 (+14 grapple); CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
Feats Improved Initiative, Great Fortitude, Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Perception +12
>>
>>49820106
You could stat this interpretation, instead of a bunch of teleport, as:
*Self-duplication power that creates one (temporary) duplicate (no mental link)
*The original gets (inviolable) invisibility+intangibility, stuck on for the duration of the power use (needs to really be inviolable; it would be dumb to have a sufficiently high smell ability or whatever let someone find Diavolo)
*Everyone within range of the power gets their memories erased at the end of the use

So flick power on, duplicate is summoned while original becomes completely unable to affect or be affected by the world and wanders off/maneuvers into better position, duplicate acts normally, but all harm done to it doesn't really matter in the end. At the end of the effect it gets desummoned, Diavolo reappears wherever he's at as the invisibility+intangibility end, and everyone has their memories erased so they don't even remember what the duplicate did/what they did during the effect.

You could even do it a third way, and have:
*Healing/Restoration/whatever power/effect that restores you the exact condition you were in ten seconds ago, linked to
*Teleportation to anywhere you could have naturally gotten to from your location ten seconds ago
*Everyone within range of the power gets their memories erased
The trick with this one is you'd need to be able to activate it even after death. But if you could, you just take whatever actions you want (acting out Epitaph's prediction), then flip it on, 'erasing' the effects (memories and damage to you) of the last ten seconds while teleporting to wherever you fucked off to during the skip.
>>
>>49805616
The reason people don't understand King Crimson is because the people in-universe use simple phrases to describe what it does, but upon further examining, what they're saying it does is different than what it's actually doing.

Concepts like "erasing cause, but keeping effect" and "skipping time forward" is also known as "what is already fucking happening 100% of the time, anyways, because time persistently moves forward."

Really, Diavolo just becomes a ghost and phases around while everyone else is mindlessly pulled along according to their predetermined plans of action. Because of Epitaph, he knows where they'll end up when King Crimson ends, so he positions himself behind them. King Crimson ends. They come to, not understanding where they are or what happened, as they're probably not in the spot they think they were a second ago, and King Crimson one-shots them.
>>
>>49820682

I always figured out that King Crimson worked simular to that episode from futurama where times skips all the time, but Diavolo is the only one aware of the time that was skipped.
>>
>>49820106
Is this the case though? I've seen several conflicting explanations on how the ability works, and they usually conflict on either whether or not Diavolo's predicted actions still have effects like you say they do, or on whether or not other people even experience the effects of things that happened during the erased time. The JoJo wiki, for example, seems to state that they don't, stating that a bullet would be in it's predicted position like everything else but someone it was predicted to pass through will not have a wound. But this would conflict with your explanation as well.
>>
>>49822927
IIRC there was at least one case of someone charging through a wall during the erased time, and the wall becoming repaired afterwards (making them wonder how they teleported into another room)
>>
>>49805973
Effective and easy to understand. Nice.
What other JoJo villains can you stat this way?
>>
>>49822927
>Is this the case though?
I don't think we really have enough examples of King Crimson in action to firmly determine an accurate interpretation, and that's even assuming Araki had a solid and consistent idea of what it should do the entire time.
>>
>>49821274
If that were true, King Crimson would effectively only predict the future and erase memories, which doesn't explain any instance of its use where it would be physically impossible for the beginning of the skipped time to result in the end of the skipped time, such as a bullet moving through a person witout harm.
You can't say the movement of objects is unaffected, because that includes the flesh and blood that would be displaced by the bullet's passage.
You can't say objects are intangible during skipped time, because in that case using KC to avoid fall damage would result in Diavolo being buried alive.
It has to be a selective effect, where Diavolo chooses to erase a collision of two objects but not their momentum or vice versa.
>>
>>49811041
>>49811259

is it bad that i understand how king crimson works perfectly, yet i have a hard time understanding how killer queen works?
>>
>>49829895
Yes. Killer Queen Bites the Dust explodes anyone who asks the host about Kira, then loops back time. Only the host remembers the loops, but people who triggered it still explode when they reach that point in the timeline, even if they never interact with the host in the current loop.
>>
>>49830415
Why does it do that though? I haven't actually read part 4 yet, but what is the purpose of doing those time loops if the host survives?
>>
>>49831070
ok now it makes sense>>49811041 now makes alot more sense on how it works
>>49831070
not me
>>
>>49831070
Because the host isn't Kira, it's his assumed identity's son who is now a person of interest to the main characters, so when they ask him about Kira they will die.
>>
>>49831335
Ok, but why not simply explode them without all the time loop shenanigans?
>>
>>49831379
Because the stands don't decide what their powers are

> But I meant-

Because it wouldn't be JoJo if things weren't weird and a touch convoluted, to taste
>>
>>49831668
also to add to that, araki likes making most if not all his villians have some sort of space/time related power cause he sees it as the most powerful abilities, which he isnt wrong.

also its sweet to see someone who has a very generic idea for a stand absolutely wipe the floor with someone who has an ability like that
like soft & wet and crazy diamond for example, i cant wait for soft & wet v. BBEG
>>
>>49831070
>>49831379
Kira is paranoid and trying to maintain his cover identity, keeping the host alive is integral to that. Ideally, to everyone but the host (and Kira, though he doesn't know how many loops have occurred) it would seem that everyone interested in finding Kira randomly exploded without any connection to him.
>>
>>49831975
Wait, how does the MC even combat that?
>>
>>49832100
The MC and gang are already looking for Kira before Bites the Dust activates, so the host manages to bring them to Kira before they explode in one of the loops.

I forget exactly why no one explodes in the final loop, but I think Kira tries to save himself by using Bites the Dust again since he thinks otherwise he'll still get his shit pushed in even if everyone blows up later.
>>
Bump.

I wanted to make a "King Crimson skips part of the bump" joke, but couldn't think of anything.
>>
>>49832397
>>49832100
in the final loop Kira deactivates Bites the Dust early in order to defend himself, since he can't use base Killer Queen while its running.
>>
>>49833476
I think something along the lines of this would work... Maybe.
Bp
>>
>>49805616
It invariably operates.
>>
File: 1476626281499.jpg (100KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1476626281499.jpg
100KB, 720x540px
I Understand every stand, I'm struggling to understand how people still don't get it themselves.
>>
>>49829279
This.

Part five was fun but goddamn did Araki drop the ball trying to make crazy stand powers. Gold Experience losing its 'hurt those who hurt its shit' was something he ignored or dropped along with Purple Haze.
>>
>>49813331
>>49813356
>>49813413
How much would this cost if it's just limited to the local area? It seems like a bit of a waste of points to have it affect the whole universe; it's not like the time skip really needs to affect people Diavolo isn't interacting with (or those Diavolo's using the time skip to avoid interacting with).
>>
>>49805616
It simply executes
>>
File: literally me.jpg (277KB, 1480x1080px) Image search: [Google]
literally me.jpg
277KB, 1480x1080px
>>49805973
Bravo, anon
>>
File: Green_Day.png (940KB, 699x482px) Image search: [Google]
Green_Day.png
940KB, 699x482px
Stat me.
>>
>>49837344
Particularly lazy spam.
>>
>>49837367
That's fairly accurate, actually.
>>
>>49836327
332 for an area of 2 yards, +10 points for every doubling of that area. If you exceed 200 yards then add another 12 to remove range penalties on the illusion. So 342 for 4y, 352 for 8y, 362 for 16y, etc.
>>
>>49805616
Do it yourself faggot.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.