[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They are totally right and I'm surprised rest of the Imperium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: ad-mech-free-walpaper-354x472.jpg (40KB, 354x472px) Image search: [Google]
ad-mech-free-walpaper-354x472.jpg
40KB, 354x472px
They are totally right and I'm surprised rest of the Imperium didn't decide to leave the flesh behind. Is there any fucking benefit of having a fragile biological body?
>>
>>49803869
You dont need a forge world's infrastructure to fix a minor wound.
>>
>>49803869
Fleshy pleasures and emotions are nice.
>>
because the imperium of man was lead by a man who honest to fucking god believed in HFY. The only reason why he didn't snap the mechanicus in to line is because he realized the imperium needs them and their manufacturing capabilities.
>>
>>49803869
Flesh is stronger than something that needs troubleshooting when it gets hit by a drop of water.
>>
>>49803911
/thread
>>
>>49803869
The Emperor himself was a man of flesh and blood.

To abandon the biological form is to abandon the holiness of humanity.
>>
>>49803950
>fleshly pleasures

like diarrhea and cancer?
>>
The reason, you illiterate who can't be even bothered to read their codex, is that mechanicus cuts corners by giving them unshielded nuclear batteries leading to quick messy tissue damage then deaths. AM needs constant replacements produced by the so called inferior fleshy humans...
>>
>>49803992
The Emperor himself was bitchslapped by his own brat and now is a vegetable. That wouldn't happen if he had cybernetic body.
>>
>>49804002
I don't fucking play Warhammer I'm not a nerd.
>>
>>49803993
>>49804022
Biological problems don't demand that you throw away everything flesh. That's a major overreaction. Flesh and bionics both have benefits that are best used together.
>>
What do biologis skitarii look like?
>>
>>49804282

I too am genuinly curious about this.
>>
>>49804302
They are perfectly normal looking and healthy human beings that just happen to be wearing mechanicum robes and using flesh friendly mechanicus weapons

Although maybe...a bit too healthy?
>>
>>49803869
>Entire imperium becomes beep boop
>>
>>49804282

Gland Warriors?
>>
>>49804339

Well I'd certainly think a biologis would be able to take care of his body far better than most. Although that's always be something that I have trouble putting together in my mind.

So a biologis would be the guy you go to get shit like slab muscles and bitchin combat drugs while a cybernetica is the guy who puts you robo arm with chain dildo attachments on the stump of your arm?
>>
>>49804499
I think cybernetica would be at base directing "totally not Imperial Robot"-pattern shells. One priest operating over a dozen disposable beings.

>>49804361
Ew. But the idea of Bulk McSteroids with acid spit raging out with void shield generators grafted to him does sound pretty scary.
>>
>>49804583

They're basically minimarines. Not as good but a helluva lot cheaper, faster and easier to make, with a much higher success rate.>>49804583
>>
>>49804022
Sounds an awful lot like heresy to me.
>>
>>49804680
I imagine they burn out faster though.

Maybe they can clone them, after all if you make them for the battle they don't need to last long. Just long enough to beat shit up before exploding in a gooey, acidy mess.
>>
>>49804113
Shit bait
>>49803976
Regular shit
>>
>>49804583
>>49804499
That is indeed what the Legio Cybernetica used to be, they directed combat robots with dog like intelligence. This was many editions ago though and they never had official rules or units
>>
Imperium is a UNION of the Adeptus Terra and Adeptus Mechanicus. It's what the twin headed eagle represents. Both do their own things mainly.
>>
>>49804756
One thing the Imperium has plenty of is human bodies
>>
>>49804002

True, they're pretty much as terrible as anyone else.

Still, I like the almost child-like charm they have about them. They just approach the horrors of war and this terrific galaxy by just editing away the parts of their brains that feel fear. They read soothing binay chants and psalms in horrifying, distorted static, and all feel the humbling binary connection they have back to the prime forge of Mars.

There's a kind of silly but dark, comedic, and pretty neat thing going on when you can just replace bits of yourself, or just turn off the bits that feel fear. The Imperial Guard tough out the horrors of the galaxy. The Space Marines are built bigger in order to compete. The AdMech make themselves just as monstrous as the horrors they face.

Even their whole philosophy of the Great Work is strangely hopeful, in that they have a goal they're working towards, and even if it's ultimately unattainable, every dead Skitarii still contributes a piece to it, even if it's a single datapoint in a cloud of tactical data that's folded into a codex and filed away wrong in the endless stacks of knowledge that are Forgeworld datacrypts.

I also like the fluff blurbs given to various Skitarii individuals. The Ranger that, if he could feel pride, would feel it when he shot down all those Eldar bikes with perfect efficiency, and the Rust Stalker that is annoyed by his squad's inability to see the poetry in battle, but still finds a second or two to admire the smog-tinged sunrise from atop a statue before plunging blade-first into a horde of Orks, thoroughly enjoying the slaughter in the framing of another lovely day on Riza.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 500x693px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 500x693px
>>49804282
Same as normal, but they shoot poison darts and have surgical tools for hands. The Biologis study flesh, but they still abhor it like the rest of the Mechanicum.
>>
>>49803869
Unfortunately, the soul is very much real in 40k. You can't make yourself all steel or else you become incredibly easy to be possessed by demons.
>>
What's with all the shit threads on /tg/ lately?
>>
>>49804782
That only means that they're still just sort of there and likely begging for novitiates.
Poor guys, they really got fucked over in the Heresy and Chaos in general stealing their little metal mens. Hopefully they still find good work in cracking Necron intelligences and working with things like battle networks. Cybernetica a cool.
>>
>>49804113
>he says while posting on 4chan
>>
File: desktop-1433348011.jpg (101KB, 650x402px) Image search: [Google]
desktop-1433348011.jpg
101KB, 650x402px
>>49804282

Vat-grown flesh, integrated with cybernetics or grafted onto a baseline Skitarii. Super-regenerative flesh or skin that can resist vacuum, maybe even organic armor plates as a natural armor. Either preternaturally muscular men, muscular monstrosities, or vat-cloned monsters integrated with technology.
>>
>>49804819
>he says while posting on 4chan
>>
>>49804805
I'd like to see a biologis offshoot that sees the human body as just another form of the Omnissiah's machines. One that will require replacing eventually of course, but it's impermanence only adds to it's own beauty.
So you get techpriests that take very, very careful care their implants don't destroy that machine or it's form before it decays on it's own.

That offshoot though would have to be incredibly far away from Mars to exist and if a techpriest doesn't wear Martian combat Red they barely count.
>>
>>49804824
>>49804782
good times
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Legio_Cybernetica
>>
>>49804919
>and if a techpriest doesn't wear Martian combat Red they barely count.

Except white is standard garb for the whole bloody lot. Red is specifically combat garb, not everyday wear.
>>
>>49804919
Exists, albeit in Fantasy Flight. Lathe Worlds book, IIRC, in the form of a particular admech subclass, as well as the Carnicula faction

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Lathe_Worlds

near very bottom
>>
>>49805014
That's what I said. They barely count.

It's a war game after all. The important stuff is war.
The important people do war stuff. Thus red cloaks.
>>
>>49803869
Trans-humanit implies that humanity isn't an inherently perfect and divine state. For some, like the space marines, it's acceptable because it was designed by the Emperor. If it wasn't for the fact that it's necessary and as older as the Imperium itself the Mechanicus would probably be heretical.
>>
>>
File: IMG_6076.jpg (80KB, 597x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6076.jpg
80KB, 597x449px
>>49803869
This
>>
>>49803869
Sex.
>>
>>49804817
This. Trans-humaninism assumes that the human mind is nothing more than data and the brain nothing more than a biological computer, and there is no soul or other non-tangible elements. This assumption is wrong in the 40k universe and brain uploading has severe unavoidable consequence in it.
>>
>>49804022

And yet he still erased Horus from existence after being injured. All the people who make jabs about how Horus beat the Emperor are retards. The Emperor threw that fight.
>>
>>49803993
>like diarrhea and cancer?

No, like sex, you virginal neckbeard!
>>
File: eaZrosc.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
eaZrosc.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
>>49809887
>like sex

like what?
>>
>>49803950
Slaanesh pls go
>>
File: Necron_Overlord.png (2MB, 893x1177px) Image search: [Google]
Necron_Overlord.png
2MB, 893x1177px
>>49803869
>Is there any fucking benefit of having a fragile biological body?
The necrons don't seem pleased about the transition.
>>
>>49803869
Sex
>>
>>49803869
Hell if I know, but I still want to run a Skitarii Only War game if I could find players who could put personality into their cyborgs
>>
>>49809910
I think it's more the soulless thing that gets them. Necrodermis bodies are pretty up there after all.
>>
>>49812385
And yet I don't think they have any sensation. At least not touch, they probably have cybernetic chemical-scanners for smell and super camera eyes and shit. But still. Cyborgs have it best, don't give up all your flesh and don't be afraid of doing a few upgrades.
>>
>>49813320
Necrons very much have all the senses, but I believe it's described as being dull, alongside the irreversible effects losing the loss of the soul had on their minds, in addition to the cold boredom of living for tens of thousands of years, they're pretty much in a constant state of ennui.
>>
>>49804805
Biologis magi often do have augmented flesh instead of (or more commonly, in addition to) cybernetics. They still believe flesh is weak, but their answer is "...but we can make it better".
>>
>>49813320
Necrons have two forms of emotions. Machine Analogues meant to simulate emotions and sensations, and real but very dulled emotions.

That's why you see Necrons scream in pain and shock when they get hit. Also how it's possible for the Necron royalty to torture unlawful Necrons
>>
>>49804782
>This was many editions ago though and they never had official rules or units

What are you talking about? Imperial robots had rules in 1st edition.
>>
>>49805035

Lathe priests turn me on because they're typically very handsome people with robot bits.

No, I am not biased due to playing a saucy campaign with an AdMech girl that can only be described as a white Haydee.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.