[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux Generel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 21

File: Faction - Neverborn.png (100KB, 144x144px) Image search: [Google]
Faction - Neverborn.png
100KB, 144x144px
>OURS Edition

>Books
Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate):
https://mega.nz/#F!UwlkRIhB!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete):
https://mega.nz/#F!NscWUCYC!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Last thread: >>49747802

Thread Topic: What are your Malifaux related plans this weekend
>>
>>49785171
>What are your Malifaux related plans this weekend?

Paint up my Seamus crew for demos on Monday and maybe get the Carver done to run his scenario.

My two newbies are starting up with Misaki and McMourning. What would you folks recommend for the first few additions?
>>
File: IMG-20161014-WA0014.jpg (320KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161014-WA0014.jpg
320KB, 1600x1063px
When you know a guy who knows how to take pictures.
>>
>>49785615
Those look pretty great anon
>>
>>49785653
Thank you anon.

Wish I had Trixiebelle with me too...
>>
>>49785171
>Generel
You did it on purpose, didn't you?
>>
>>49785585
>get the Carver done to run his scenario.
What scenario is that Anon?

>>49785171
I've got at least one tournament prep game against one of the local good players.
Looking forward to getting absolutely rolled. In an educational way.
Last time he played Sonia against my Colette and blew me the fuck up.
I acutally won by a single point, thanks to him not really paying attention and Cassandra scoring all three on both schemes after Red Jokering his scheme runners, but it was a very close thing.
>>
File: 2016-10-14-154644_744x949_scrot.png (914KB, 744x949px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-14-154644_744x949_scrot.png
914KB, 744x949px
>>49786441
Back of Crossroads

Looks like a fun scenario for Halloween, and as a bonus it gets a miniature that has no use in anything except for it
>>
>>49786951
I also use it as my 3rd Teddy should the need arise.
>>
>>49786951
This looks like a lot of fun to play, I presume the recomended 50ss is what you should play this at?
>>
>>49787743
And he also makes a good Flesh Construct.
>>
>>49789216
flesh constructs are 40 mm

>>49785171
>Thread Topic: What are your Malifaux related plans this weekend
Getting fucked out of playing a divergent path game 'cause thursday and today were the only two days I have off this week. Might paint some more stuff in my time off if I get done with my halloween project for a local painting comp.
>>
>>49789452
that's awful sucks to hear that, I plan on painting my Walgiests and I still haven't played a game due to a couple different factors
>>
Hoping that I'll be able to play for the first time. I'm waiting for my Tara box to show up at my FLGS. So far I only have 3 void wretches, a scio of the void, johan, bishop and 3 drowned built and painted.
>>

We have a halloween theme night coming up, everyone brings a henchman and tries to survive several rounds of zombie attacks while accomplishing side missions for vp. Bonus vp for halloween themed paintjobs. Trying to paint up Mancha Roja in a Dia de los Muertos style
>>
>>49785171

Hopefully get a game in sunday.

Other than that I'm trying to pick a second faction. I've got arcanist right now. Was thinking either Outcast or TT. Was also starting to consider ressers.
>>
>>49785171

>>What are your Malifaux related plans this weekend?

Painting up a second model for Wyrd's Rotten harvest painting contest, I really want to win some store credit to make Black Friday easier on my wallet.

Writing lists for a tournament I have coming up, not sure whether to take Dreamer or Ressers, it's fixed list so a summoner is going to be the best pick due to flexibility...
>>
>>49785171

>What are your Malifaux related plans this weekend?

Continue my ever growing sickness of buying and assembling crews from factions I've never even played.
>>
I want to try my Hamelin today (for the very first time).

I have (available for his crew that is. I have lots and lots of other models too).

Generalist upgrade deck + gen.up.d2

Hamelin
3 stolen
Nix
Obedient W
Killjoy
2 rat catchers
Hodgepodge emissary
Hodgepodge effigy
2 performers
4 rat kings
20 rats.

How I make fun army?
(Useled toy on rats seem like a good idea).
>>
File: IMG_0642.jpg (534KB, 2122x2375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0642.jpg
534KB, 2122x2375px
>>49794349
>>
File: IMG_0643.jpg (524KB, 2095x2457px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0643.jpg
524KB, 2095x2457px
>>49794378
>>
>>49794349
I also have Aionus!
>>
>What are your Malifaux related plans this weekend
Gotta buy some bayou gators for upcoming henchman hardcore event.

hopefully Mctavish carries me through.
>>
>>49794349
Depends what your definition of fun is.

It's very hard to make a 'fun' force with Hamlin.
>>
Rules question.

If I obey my opponent to go into defensive stance by discarding a card, who discards the card?
>>
>>49794844
Might be in an FAQ, but the rule states the model discards the card to do the action.
Your opponent still owns the model so I think they would. But double check that.
>>
>>49794844

It's whoever is controlling the model for the action, you can't do this and burn your opponents hand, it would be too good.
>>
>>49794844

Also, if you want to be a dickhead by using obey, obey an enemy model to attack something with terrifying, since you are controlling it you take the terrifying check which you can cheat down so that they fail it and become paralysed.

You're welcome.
>>
>>49795303
That's filthy.... I love it
>>
>>49795303
I had to double check the wording on obey and terrifying but it looks like it works. It has to be a terrifying model from your crew though, since it specifies 'enemy' for terror.

I'll have to remember that the next time i run her with Teddy or another terrifying model. You don't have to attack either to force a terrifying test, you can just have them walk into something terrifying and get paralyzed.
>>
Anybody know if any events in the southern NJ/Eastern PA area coming up?1
>>
File: Gremlins.jpg (131KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
Gremlins.jpg
131KB, 600x560px
>>49781449
>>49781609
Thanks for that, Gremlin summoning sounds good.
Time to hunt down piglets and more Gremlins.

By the bye, if I played Young LaCroix and Bushwackers as 'count as' Bayou Gremlins with correct cards and everything just to prevent any mini doubles, is that legal?
>>
>>49796578
Should work well with brewmaster and the sow
>>
>>49794349
The standard Hamelin+Killjoy gameplan is to take Nix with Infectious Melodies and then the usual Wretch + Stolen/two rats.

You do the standard Hamelin opening of durdling with your Wretch and making a Rat Catcher while your opponent activates their stuff.

Once your opponent's spent, have the Catcher give one of your rats reactivate. A fresh rat with 2 AP is best, but a summoned one is good enough. walk that rat as far forward as possible without breaking LoS with Nix.

When the rat reactivates, give it fast with Infectious Melodies, triple walk it into your opponent's best stuff, and then sacrifice it to unleash Killjoy.

Between the activation control Hamelin has and the minimum four walks you'll get from the rat, Killjoy is practically guaranteed to come out unopposed wherever you want to put him.

>>49796863
>Should work well with brewmaster and the sow

Or Zoraida and like half the Neverborn faction. Coppelius and Wrath are both nice, since any model you paralyze near them will also be taking 2 damage from their auras, but Illuminated are fine too.
>>
>>49796863
Or Zorida and the sow. Brewmaster's obey is harder to cast without the built in suit.
>>
Anybody playing the story encounters?
i liek the way that the trickster and child are shaping up. The man looks kind of meh, but his most recent encounter looks like a blast.

>>49796847
>By the bye, if I played Young LaCroix and Bushwackers as 'count as' Bayou Gremlins with correct cards and everything just to prevent any mini doubles, is that legal?
That's what i do. Mostly cause when i started there were only 4 metal bayou gremlin sculpts.
>>
File: 20161016_025700.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161016_025700.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
I was just rereading my rulebook.

And came across this pic related.

To me that reads that you can't cheat fate against an opponents flipped red joker.
>>
>>49797391
Yup. Not that it comes up a lot. It's hard to cheat over a joker.
>>
>>49797470
You can't force defensive triggers that go off on failure or resolution, though. That can be pretty big sometimes.
>>
>>49797391
This is correct. You can, however, do so against a cheated one.
>>
>>49797470
Interesting to know. Yeah it doesn't come up much.
My thought would be something like zoraida's will power or maybe a lilith or buffed perdita's defense.
>>
>>49797537
Yeah. It's potentially really big for some crews, like gremlins with squeal. But some crews don't have any triggers like that, so it doesn't come up as much.
>>
>>49797537
Well maybe.

That brings up a follow up question. The person that flipped the red joker can still cheat it down right?

It looks like only the person the red joker was against is denied cheating.
>>
>>49797930
>>49797741
>>49797470
I've had Ml5 plus red joker vs Df 6 plus a 3 more than once - cheating may not have stopped it, but it would've deadened the blow down to single or even double negative.
>>
>>49786951
>Treacherous Alliances
>Flip 4 cards, gain Reactivate.

Why?
Or is it really just to maximise the risk of hilariously giving Carver to your opponent?

>>49789452
>Getting fucked out of playing a divergent path game
IKTFW bro. Been a real struggle getting anyone to come to the store, and then when they do, it's the one day that month the whole squad can do, so it's continually wrecking any chance of getting a game in every fortnight DP session.

>>49794349
Folks keep saying "then sacrifice the rat" regarding Hamelin.
Can you jsut sac the rats whenever you want, no set-up or triggers needed?
>>
>>49798329
>It looks like only the person the red joker was against is denied cheating.
Correct.

Andy flips Red Joker, Bob can't cheat, Andy can cheat, Andy can declare any Suit.
Andy flips Black Joker, Andy can't cheat, Bob can cheat, Andy cannot declare a suit.
>>
>>49786441
Me again - didn't get rolled!

Lost the first game 7-8, because I didn't Red Joker Decapitate that awful asshole Francisco because I assumed I could get him with the attacks I had.
He Stoned down to two wounds and H2K'd the last attack.
If I'd beheaded him, Hank wouldn't have been rampaging any longer, but it would've been Sonia or the Emmissary's AP eaten for the turn, rather than Franc Flurrying him.

Lost the Henchman Hardcore against the same guy for almost the same reason.

Francisco can eat a giant massive dick.
>>
>>49798633
>Or is it really just to maximise the risk of hilariously giving Carver to your opponent?
Pretty much this.
>>
>>49798633

>Folks keep saying "then sacrifice the rat" regarding Hamelin.
>Can you jsut sac the rats whenever you want, no set-up or triggers needed?

Interested to know this also.
>>
File: IMGP2625.jpg (325KB, 588x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP2625.jpg
325KB, 588x800px

Working on a graveyard board for this month. So far I've done one statue, a small mausoleum, two large gravestones and eight 4"x1" strips of tombstones.

Pic related, it's the statue in question. Camera and lighting sucks, so don't mind if it looks slightly purple--it shouldn't look like that but I can't be assed to fuck around with lighting any more.
>>
File: IMG_20160823_220313.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160823_220313.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>49799199
Neat. Just finished putting my graveyard stuff together.
>>
File: DSCF4175.jpg (1MB, 3207x1729px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4175.jpg
1MB, 3207x1729px
>>49785171
I had my first game of Malifaux and I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>49800066

Oh dang, those look ace. What company made them? They look familiar.
>>
>>49798633
>>49799133
Infectious Melodies upgrade lets friendly minions and peons in LoS gain fast if they sacrifice at the end of their activation.
>>
>>49801032
What uppgrade is best for killjoy? The begger they are seems great against enforcers and henchmen. While scramble seems like a great way to increase his threat-range. Tally seems good because free cards.
>>
>>49800869
Angry Mojo I think. They had a Kickstarter a while back, but I just got around to assembling them.
>>
>>49801832
Recalled Training.
>>
>>49802228
Isn't that TT only?
>>
>>49802483
Yeah, so you run him with McCabe and use dogs instead of rats.
>>
>lets try that again

So my Brotherhood of steel dudes I'm making a freikorp crew with came in today. assembling them now. Thinking about making a raider crew to accompany them for funzies.
>>
I'm reading a little about each master, and Titania has caught my eye. What do scheme markers do?
>>
>>49803761
With the new bandit figures, there are certainly profiles that can fit them.
>>
>>49803896
Scheme markers are used for various objectives in the game. They can represent everything from planting a bomb to marking territory, or much more abstract things. You use them to earn VP, or victory points. Models can place them in the form of 30mm circles. As you can tell from Titania and her crew's cards, lots of other interactions exist with them as well.
>>
>>49804192
Couldn't find her crew's cards, but thanks.
>>
>>49804389
They are in the OP, see Book 4 in the Malifaux Mega.
>>
>>49804405
I'm on mobile. Mega doesn't work. I'll get them eventually.
>>
>>49804423
It should, that's how I got the books on both my android and apple things.
>>
The Feels
>C.Hoffman keeps the guild alive through the death of the governor-general just by being a hard working dude.
>Wants to find his brother forces a smart and good looking lady to find out where Ryle might've been taken to.
>Gets geared up to find him with possible love interest in tow
>Loses love interest to Ryle being mind controlled and killing her
>Hoffman realizes Ryle will never be as he once was
feels fucking bad man.
>>
>>49805661

On the plus side, Hoffman's hard work indirectly trolled Lucius.
>>
>>49805661
>Hoffman realizes Ryle will never be as he once was

It's a little worse than that, really.

>Ryle is mind controlled into attacking Hoffman
Hoffman stops Ryle with his machine puppetry.
>His machine puppetry that *doesn't work on people*
>Ryle is completely gone. There's no person in there anymore, it's just an amalg'd up zombie.
>>
>>49806120
I don't really get this, though? Ryle has machine parts, but also human parts - Hoffman knows this, since he installed some of them himself. And in his specific opening story, he controlled a robot with a human in it. Not with subtlety, admittedly, but he didn't exactly use subtlety on Ryle.
>>
>>49802538
But you can't sacrifice dogs for no reason.

If you want to run KJ with Recalled Training you should hire a Ronin, black flash it for reactivate, hand it the badge for nimble, walk it up to six times, and then have it seppuku.

Side note: A 10T chef character that can sacrifice hound models for healing flips would be adorably racist.
>>
>>49806206
>He controlled a robot with a human in it

He had to search for mechanical bits that weren't amalgamated with the person in that story, and it took some effort to do it. When he stops Ryle there's nothing about his powers bouncing off the human bits like there is when he stops Corsican. It just happens the same way it would with any regular machine.

The implication is that Ryle isn't alive anymore, he's a zombie or even just a regular corpse with a bunch of augmentations keeping him going.

Which, although unbeknownst to Hoff, doesn't mean he's completely gone. Reva might be able to help.
>>
>>49805661
I remember that after the story I had to double check whether Ryle had the Living trait or not. Hoffman has is tough, but the new governor likes him so things may be on the up.
>>
>>49806120
Honestly I do have to agree with you it is worse than never getting Ryle back it's the realization that his brother has been dead this whole time. And Hoffman has been using his brothers corpse as an emotional anchor.
Also in that same story the weirdest thing jumped to the forefront of my brain
>Anna lovelace most certainly was Tsundere for Ryle
that thought at least made the feels hit a little less hard.
>>49806071
Dude I loved that part any part in any story where Lucius get's cucked is perfect
>>
>>49807364
I imagine that in a twist they will say that Anna was actually right about Ryle stealing her research later on. Probably the best thing to do would be to decommission Ryle and give him a proper burial.
>>
>>49807424
>Anna was actually right about Ryle stealing her research

Eh, Ryle is canonically super gifted by himself, and as far as I know there's nothing to suggest he'd steal research. I can totally see Ryle being inspired by something of Anna's and her taking it entirely the wrong way, though.
>>
>>49807424
I have to say I was also thinking something like that would happen during the story especially after Essie's death and the revelation of nothing human left in ryle. But the ever hopeful optimist in me holds out to one day read about Ryle gaining his mind again and seeing what happens from there.
>>
Mega links is dead.
>>
Out of curiosity, what masters can be run without absolutely nothing from their box? For example I was thinking of getting vintage McMourning via guilders, and wanted to see if he would work as a Guild master without Sebastian or the chihuahua.
>>
>>49807617
Wong, Zoraida definitely
>>
>>49807694
They've both got pretty useful totems, though.

I'd say NB Lucius, Outcast Misaki, and Kaeris might be your best bets for using literally nothing from the master's starter box.
>>
File: DSCF0195.jpg (3MB, 4608x3440px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0195.jpg
3MB, 4608x3440px
>>49803761
Fight me
>>
>>49807617
For TT Misaki, Brewmaster, Mei, McCabe and Shenlong
>>
I don't have a full crew yet because the box I'm waiting for hasn't showed up at the store yet. I'm thinking about going in tomorrow and learning how to play but I'm nervous. I've never played a wargame before and I don't know anyone there
>>
>>49808318
I guess it depends on the meta but every meta I've come to has been incredibly eager to help you out and show you the ropes. I'm sure you'll be fine.
>>
>>49807575
Mal:
https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

TTB:
https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A
>>
>>49807617
Honestly, I don't know about McMourning as I've always run him with Sebastian and at least one Nurse.
I rarely use the Chihuahua though, just means less poison explotation.

One of these days I'm going to run him as a Ressurectionist and do the full Frankenstine's Monster game.
>>
>>49785171
Folder with books ist there anymore - can anyone repost ?
>>
>>49809041
>>49808954
>>
I wonder if there are wyrd employees checking these threads or someone is reporting for free. Nobody cared about archive until new books were uploaded.
>>
>>49807853
Pretty cool bro.
Post pics of your painted power armour when the time comes.

Though to be honest, I don't get a particularly Malifaux vibe out of them.
As long as that's not actually what you're going for, and your locals are down with it, cool.

>>49809041
RTFT.
>>
>>49808963
Make sure to use the new Archie model as well he really has that whole Frankenstiens Monster feel
>>
>>49807617
He runs fine in Guild without his box, although I'd recommend getting at least one nurse for shenanigans with Witchling stalkers.
>>
File: Miniature Factory - Brandy.jpg (170KB, 716x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Miniature Factory - Brandy.jpg
170KB, 716x1000px
I'm working on an all female Arcanist crew, likely Toni, and I was wondering if there was a good female Joss expy out there?

At the moment I'm planing on using pic from miniature factory and replacing her arm by her side with a robotic one from the multipart female kit but it strikes me as to 'fan-servicey' for long term use and I'm not too enthralled with the multipart kit's lacklustre poses to just make an expy from it.
>>
>>49812549
Lawdy, how lewd.
I think it's a bit too far for Jossette, yes.
The giant hammer-ish might lend itself to a Johanna proxy though.

Out of interest, why have you not picked up Colette's box?
Or I guess the Viks, with much conversion.
>>
>>49814106
Because I'm a glutton for punishment.
I have Viks already, and play them on occasion and Colette is on my 'eventually' list.

I have Johana and Miss Fire and was just thinking about the gender-swapped figures and decided to make an all female group. Toni seems the best bet to fit Johana and Fire, though rather then strictly all female I might have Tony Ironsides leading them.
>>
Hey gang.

Does anyone have the build instructions for Mei Feng's Rail Crew?

Wyrd have Mei, Kang and the Emberling, but no Rail Workers.
>>
>>49814433
I agree that the TTB Multi-Parts are a bit mono-pose, even if they are multi-part, which is a bit disappointing.
You could get a selection of suitable-looking female models, irrespective of faction, and use limb-swaps and gubz additions to make them look suitably Arcanist and role-appropriate.

Perdita would already make a great Gunslinger, say.
>>
File: IMG_0192.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0192.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Bump from the brink.
>>
So what story specific models would you guys most want to see brought to the table top?
mine would be The Carver
>>
>>49817434
Are there even any other ones that have actual miniatures but no rules for the main game?
>>
File: TheCarver.jpg (403KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
TheCarver.jpg
403KB, 1500x900px
>>49817434
>The Carver
He has a model though.
A limited edition, you'll never get one model, but a model nonetheless.

>>49817061
I have to say, as much as I prefer the plastic Howard for the body, though not so much the pose, that face is just fantastic.
Solid paintjob too.
>>
>>49817666
The Carvers model isn't a limited edition, it's just story specific and the intent is to ensure you can't play
>>
>>49817996
it in anything else
>>
>>49807364
Wouldn't that make Ryle Hoffman's totem?
>>
What size are Web Markers? Widow Weaver's card doesn't say.
>>
File: IMG_0344.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0344.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>49807853
Alright bro but I don't wanna hurt ya.
>>
>>49818278

Unless otherwise stated, all markers are 30mm. Rules Manual, pg. 56.
>>
File: Hired Guns Painted Crew.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Hired Guns Painted Crew.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
Finally got both of my crews painted for my henchman application, and then also finally figured out how to make my camera suck less at taking pictures.
>>
>>49818742
Still not as clean as I'd like from the camera, but, well, it was a cheap camera. Kind of getting what I paid for.
>>
>>49818388
What do you plan on using the robots as? I can't help think that watchers and mobile toolkits would be perfect, even if they aren't Outcasts.
>>
>>49819102
Mr. Gutsy is gonna be lazarus
the protectron is going to be the steam trunk.
not sure about the eyebot.
>>
>>49817666
>>49817478
What I meant was in the case of The Carver he can't actually be played on the tabletop due to his rules being a little overpowered. So what I mean to say was is there any story encounter only models you'd like to see get converted to be table top approved?
>>49818062
Not entirely sure about that Ryle since I'm not entirely sure what defines a totem in this world
>>
>>49808963
Sebastian isn't that important or the chihuahua is you aren't focusing on poison. Nurses are great support models though.
>>
>>49819140
Might want to give mr. gutsy a gun/cannon. I might mount him on a big scenic base to, to bulk him up.
>>
>>49819309
Isn't the Carver the only one?
>>
>>49821679
No, there's a bunch in Crossroads. Crossroads added a bunch of story encounters, some of which had special models.
>>
>>49821788
Probably Raetherford then if he counts. He wouldn't be a bad choice for an alt Rasputina.
>>
>>49818742
I think that you can do a lot more work on these. There are a lot of mold lines that you can clean up, and there isn't a lot of shading on the armor. I like the choice of color though, much better than the official drab colors that the Freikorp uses. Really makes them look like soldiers. The basing too could use maybe a wash and then a much lighter drybrush to pick out individual grains.
>>
What should I put on the base of my Brutal Emissary? I was thinking of having him like, treading on somebody and the blood coming up the boot all chunky and gooey. Something sort of tyrannical, brutal and guildy like that but I wouldn't know where to get the person.

Any pointers or other ideas?
>>
>>49822691
Boneyard or corpsefield resin bases from secret miniatures would do well if you want bloody stomp.
>>
>>49796863

As a Molly player I usually do this with Sybelle and a Hanged.
>>
>>49796863
Works great with Huggy, Ama no Zako and Yin, especially since you keep getting those aces back.
>>
>>49807468

If the breach hadn't fucked Ryle's shit up he'd probably be Master level powerful, pretty sad.
>>
>>49818742
Is that the finished paintjob?
Or WIPs?
As the other anon said, still a fair few mould lines, and a few parts that look like bare plastic.
Do you prime your models?
At minimum, it makes the paint stick better.
If you prime in a colour significantly different to what's going over it, it will also show up where you've missed parts too.
The armous could very much do with an ink wash to bring out the bits some more.
Can we get a clear shot o fthe Trapper and Trunk?

>>49818757
These on the other hand look a lot better - though the lighting makes it a little hard to tell if Sybil's flesh is a good shade, or too thin paint over bare plastic.
Can we also get a better shot of Seamus?

Sorry to come down hard on it, but as a Henchman you've got to be tip top condition.
Good news is that a single pot of shade/wash and a second (thin) coat of paint can probably sort all the criticisms.
>>
>>49820508
All of those arms end in gun barrels, I was thinking about swapping one out for a buzz saw though.
And he'll be just fine on a 40mm base when I get done with him.
>>
>>49823082
Bad things happen.
>>
Has anyone ever played with or against Mr.Cooper and his Carnival? How is it and what does Cooper do as a master?
>>
>>49824206
Do they have their own rules? The Dark Carnival is a nightmare edition Colette crew, so each model should be mechanically identical to one of the showgirls.

Mr. Cooper = Colette
Lola = Cassandra
Lizzy/Mercury = Showgirls
Monkeys = Doves
>>
>>49819309
As far as I can tell totem-ness is an entirely mechanical category, and doesn't mean anything in the fluff.
>>
>>49824491
Didn't know that actually still real cool and another reason why I like wyrd.
>>49824498
I think the only way to determine it fluff wise is by what is constantly by the characters side in this case Hoffman always has the attendant by his side.
>>
>>49823035
>>49823054
Figured there were many good combos for it, it's just that I only have gremlins and there was a lot of brewmaster talk in the last few threads
>>
Didn't get Seamus painted last night, Netflix/Prime is the devil.

I'll just run out Sonnia for my demo today. Crew vs crew should still favor Misaki and she's another relatively straightforward master.

Then we can crank it up to 11 when we go to full games.

Coping With Loss: The Sonnia Criid Edition
>>
>>49822655
>>49823084
The Freikorps are an older paintjob (from when I first got back into Malifaux, I played in 1e, then quit for a while, then got back in after xroads), so I'll have to see if I can clean those up a bit more. I do prime my models, but I'm a bit ADHD in my painting so sometimes I miss stuff. The Seamus crew is much more recent in their paint jobs, so making progress, just a long ways to go.

I'll try to get a better shot of Seamus and Sybelle when I get home.
>>
>>49824498
It does mean something in the fluff. Zoraida talks about it to Levi in the 1st ed books.
>>
>>49824498
Totems are supposed to represent manifestations of a Master's magical power. That said in some cases it makes less sense. IE Luna is just McCabe's dog, and Earl Burns is just some dork that was chained up by Gremlins. In M1E Leveticus pointed out that he doesn't use a totem, though in M2E the waifs mechanically are totems.
>>
>>49827605
>Earl Burns is just some dork that was chained up by Gremlins.

Not ANY dork, but the greatest dork malifaux has ever seen!
>>
so I think I've decided on playing TT for my second faction. What's a good place to start? I've got arcanists as my main faction. I'm not a big fan of mei feng though so I'd like to save her for later.

I'm mostly interested in someone who's got a fun playstyle and can mostly play out of their box with one or two other buys. I would also like to get the shadow emissary when it comes out mostly because it's a dragon and looks awesome. So going off of that, what's a good place to start?
>>
>>49829014
Lucas is a good 'un
I like misaki but she's one of the only useful things out of her own box set.
Jakob lynch is easy modo, and annoyingly good.
Yan lo runs hot or cold, he's good but I hear players around here either say they love him or they hate him for how he plays. He requires additional support though in the form of ancestors.
Brewmaster is fun but I am convinced his theme is awful and will continue to remark on this until I expire.
Asami (not out yet) runs hot or cold depending on who you talk to but I'm convinced any faction that lets you take a model that gives jorogumo plus flips is a good one.
Shenlong has a steep steep almost dorf fort learning curve on him but he can make really interesting plays and wreck face with how he plays with conditions.
>>
>>49829014
Honestly, Mei Feng meets all your criteria. Sure, she's better with customized choices, but her box has a very definite, fun playstyle and the Emissary works incredibly well with her. Since you're saying no to her, I must ask what you find 'fun'?
>>
>>49830792
I prefer more support oriented masters. I just don't find direct combat masters all that interesting. I'll probably pick her up later, but I would like to try someone else first. Probably lynch, or shenlong. Maybe the brewmaster since I do like his aesthetics. I've heard that you need to use a completely different style for him in TT then gremlins so idk.

>>49829852
Thanks for the write up.
>>
>>49831250
Brewmaster uses absolutely no Gremlin things in his 10T build.
Shenlong is supporty as hell, but his box has High River Monks, who don't get supported well. Combine it with basically anything else, though, and you're golden.
Lucas McCabe is GREAT out of his box. He's a good opportunist combatant, as befits his fluff, but his style is much more designed around supporting other things. Combine the Nightmare McCabe box with the normal McCabe box and you honestly have a good, solid 50ss list.
>>
>>49831286
Do we know if they are going to be putting out anymore models for McCabe's nightmare box? Like what they did with the corphyee and the circus box.
>>
>>49832172
With the wastrels getting Miss Ann Thrope, I can't see it happening any time soon.
>>
>>49829014
The problem with most TT boxes is that their minions have a habit of being shit never worth taking (though they all have a decent/good henchman/enforcer).

Misaki has a great beatstick in Ototo, the Torakage actually aren't halfbad schemerunners, but ultimately Misaki's playstyle is just killing shit while her crew bothers with the "schemey" things. She runs far better with Yu than with the Emissary.

Mei would really be perfect for you. You have Arcanists, you want the dragon, etc. And mind you that she can operate perfectly as a support master by just that constant venting of steam. She isn't some huge unit killer, she's someone who can tie up any cluster of models on the board while her crew can focus more on schemes. Also her box is quite nice because her minions aren't complete garbage and her henchman is amazing.

Lynch is simple good fun. His minions are great but his henchmen is limited to him only. Lynch and Huggy are also quite supporty in the constant fishing for aces and mulliganning for a better hand, though in many ways their support comes in the form of simply being able to hit harder and deal disgusting amounts of damage. Works better with Yu.

Brewmaster tends to not bring his Gremlin models so his box isn't gonna be of much use to you. That said though, he is pure support. Works way better with Yu.

Shen brings Yu, which just about all the masters like. His minions are garbage. He's an amazing support piece, naturally. Does some great things with both Yu and the Emissary. I occasionally bring both, but since thats ridiculously expensive I still gravitate towards Yu

Yan brings Chiaki and out of faction models that might occasionally be summoned by Toshiro. He's a bit of a supporty flying tank and has a really unique playstyle. Works best with Yu.

McCabe has an okay henchman and lacking minions. Great at being supporty though, but his support and playstyle are still largely centered around brawling. Works great with the Emissary.
>>
>>49832180
It's a shame that there are so few Black Sheep models that could be a good candidate. That said I imagine that Guild Hounds could be a target.
>>
>>49833166
Going off of this it seems like I should go for the shenlong box. If for nothing else but Yu.

What would be a good buy to go along with the box?
>>
>>49834699
TT Brothers. Most TT masters can use them, and they are pretty good ruleswise. IMO they are really nice looking models. Them and Samurai are the reason I picked up TT in the first place.
>>
>>49834699
I've heard monks of low river got a very good buff with him recently. A TT player can confirm though.
>>
>>49834699
Basically; Yu, a Sniper or 2 (not samurai), something sturdy and/or hard hitting (izamu, Emissary, Ototo), a peasants and fill the rest up with TTB and upgrades. Maybe a Low River Monk since the new upgrades.
>>
>>49835705
I'm really disappointed that Samurai only seem to be the right choice if you want to play Samurai, instead of being a good model on their own. They're rad.
>>
File: Sybelle.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Sybelle.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>49826407
Totally blanked on this. Here's Sybelle, I'm working on getting a decent solo Seamus picture now.
>>
File: Seamus.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Seamus.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>>49836686
And now suddenly i see all sorts of flaws I hadn't noticed before. Fuck. Here's Seamus.
>>
>>49835298
>>49835496
>>49835705
How are the other monks. The wandering ones seem good for scheme running. Not sure about the fermented ones though.
>>
>>49837504
Low River Monks with their upgrade are actually a good choice, not just for Shenlong either. Take one an give it the 0ss upgrade from Ripples of Fate.
>>
>>49836868
I like the wanted poster.
>>
>>49837504
Wandering are good singleton scheme runners, costing 1 less than a pair of tengu. They're great for needing one scheme marker in each of several far-off places - Power Ritual, Shakedown, etc.
Fermented River Monks are meh, at best. They tried to make a Brewmaster-thematic model and failed. They're okay against poison lists, but you can't guarantee those.
High River Monks are 5 stone beaters. Wyrd have done a good job of balancing beaters so the higher the stones, the more powerful they are.
>>
>>49837504
Before the 0 upgrade, they were all shit. Wyrd kindly solved that by fixing one.

Low River are amazing now and I wouldn't leave home without one.

Fermented play with poison, which even the Brewmaster doesn't do. Just kind-of pointless. Best use I can think of is using Brew and Yu to give them reactivate like 2-3 times a game.

High River are insanely expensive for how flimsy they are and how unreliable their damage is. They just don't fill any role half a dozen other models aren't doing better.

And Wandering are just so expensive and again, made of tissue paper. For one stone more you have two Tengu, and if speed is that important and you cant spare that one stone a Pathfinder or Sniper can deploy wherever. 7 stones for a 5/5 model with 6 wounds and zero applications besides the leap is simply not worth it.
>>
Is Francisco good outside of Perdita's crew?

I'm wondering if I bother buying some stuff this month to get the alt-posed Fracisico or stick to my original plan and save my money for now.
>>
File: gremliny.jpg (518KB, 1594x1196px) Image search: [Google]
gremliny.jpg
518KB, 1594x1196px
wip of my brewmaster crew, still some details to do, but skin and kimonos are almost done.
>>
>>49839863
I like the whiskey walker. It almost looks like it came from a cartoon with the simple colours and clear lines.
Are you aiming for a night sky effect with the Gremlin's gi uniforms?
If yes, good job but if no, then you might want to clear up those white specks.
>>
>>49841128
yesh, I wanted them to have space-like pattern on kimonos and belts so I sprayed them with pale blue and yellow
>>
>>49838893
Frank is good in nearly any Guild crew. He hits like a truck, buffs a model's stats, and can push models around with Enfrenté or Hermanos.
>>
>>49838893
On a related note, do you need to spend all of that in one go to get Francisco? I already spent a decent amount earlier this month at my FLGS, and am wondering if going back there again would be worth.
>>
>>49843625
I don't know personally.
I would think they would go by gross total rather then just a singuar trip.
I suggest emailing Wryd about it.
>>
>>49836686
>>49836868
>And now suddenly i see all sorts of flaws I hadn't noticed before. Fuck.
Yup, welcome to photographing your models.
Don't worry though, it looks a lot better from three feet away than it does five times real size.
No doubt they look decent enough on the tabletop.

A simple shade wash would go a loooong way to raising the apparent paintjob quality though - I just whack a bit of Reikland Flesh or Seraphim Sepia over a throrough round of base coats and rough hilights, then re-hilight a little.
Here, it would do wonders for Saemus' suit details and Sybelle's whip.

Once clear miss on Sybelle though is the gap between the hem of the skirt and the top of the boots - that's supposed to be either skin or stockings, not just a solid block of colour.

Thin your paints, load less on your brush at a time, and try and have a little more patience - even if it means you only do a little bit on nine different models, everything's progress.

Do you paint under a good light?
Ideally next to a big window int he noonday sun, but fuck people that have the luxury of time to do that.
>>
>>49844069
Ah, I see what you mean on sybelle's skirt. And I need to be better about how I use washes. I paint with a lamp on my desk, so pretty good light, but not the best. My house is a townhouse, so the windows aren't always in the best positions.
>>
File: Francisco.jpg (20KB, 300x327px) Image search: [Google]
Francisco.jpg
20KB, 300x327px
>>49838893
>Is Francisco good outside of Perdita's crew?
Lawl.
Get Franc, retard.
Take him every goddamn match, and watch him steamroll shit while El Mayoring your best beater, or watch your opponent freak out and burn a whole hand killing him, granting you full Turn 2 control.
>>
>>49844228
>a lamp on my desk
Same.
And it feels like good light, it really does, until you get a good afternoon under strong real sunlight.

I'm seriously considering dropping £20 on a daylight lamp for just that reason - a lamp is almost always not 'good' light in terms of colour, and the fact that it tends to be a close, powerful source bleaches the apparent shade of the near side and deepend shadows of the far side.
Ideally you want bright but diffuse light, so I guess if youc an't get proper daylight have the ceiling light and distant desk lamp and another lamp on the other side.
>>
>>49844228
I'm thinking I might take some photos of my shit now just to get a better look at it all.
I'm happy with how they look, so it will probably just be neurotic flaw-spotting with nothing to be done about them, but it's still tempting.
>>
Been away from the game awhile. How'd the new wave of Masters turn out? I thought the Ten Thunders one looked like a cool concept poorly realized.
>>
>>49846707
Middling. Spammable summons for TT is pretty unique and good though.
>>
>>49847095
I would honestly very much prefer them making middling masters desu. OP ones make it so old ones would be obsolete every time they release a new one
>>
>>49785585
>get the Carver done to run his scenario

It's such a nice model it's a shame you can get so little use out of it.
>>
Looks like the link in the OP is down. Anyone got another link to book 4?
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.