[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D 5th Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 34

File: 5slwTCV.jpg (219KB, 1700x873px) Image search: [Google]
5slwTCV.jpg
219KB, 1700x873px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>/tg/ character sheets
https://mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

> Encounter Building - Unearthed Arcana | October 2016
http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/Encounter_Building.pdf

Previously on 5th Edition General >>49772284

Thread Question:
What is the best story you have about a critical success or a critical fail?
-OR-
What are some examples of PCs or DMs who you've had the pleasure of playing with? What lessons can we learn from them?
>>
>>49783218
>crit success and fail
This meme needs to die
If there's one thing that sums up my issues with modern D&D it's "le epic nat 1 / 20"
>>
4e was actually pretty good.
>>
>>49783218
Last night my brother got a nat 20, but he still couldn't figure out that the guy in front of him was a woman.
>>
>>49783218
>best story you have about a crit success or crit fail

Oh boy this brings back memories

>playing grimbright campaign set in victorian era city
>party consists of druid, barbarian, paladin, and wizard (me)
>tyrannical king somehow stricken with madness (we found out later he was actually killed and replaced with a demon in disguise)
>outlaws all non humans
>any non human caught in city is to be killed on sight
>elvish prince was caught trying to sneak into a church and take back an elvish artifact
>was killed
>elves are pissed
>we decide to lead a rebellion
>druid is the only one who speaks elvish, is half-elf
>druid is talking with a bunch of elf lords and ladies
>ooc makes a really impressive speech about fighting the corruption of kings and leading the natural world towards glory
>DM: roll persuasion
>if it were me I would have said it's an automatic success because of how great his speech was
>druid player rolls
>nat 1
>DM: you were saying this with your pants down and you didn't notice lol the elves are disgusted and want nothing to do with you

I'm glad I stopped playing with that DM
>>
>>49783218
>gear for my skeletons because gold in 5e adventurers league is basically pointless
>longbow
>light armor
>cloaks and masks
>horses
>hunters traps
>ball bearings
>caltrops

I also plan on making a decision tree as the skeletons baseline actions. It only takes a bonus action to give new commands, but I figure I'll have a branching tree of combat and non-combat options which I can give and modify as needed.
>>
So i'm writing up a campaign that's essentially Kill Six Billion Demons meets Spelljammer. It basically takes place in the "Houses of the Gods" but the gods are absent and whoever is left has taken over.

In Kill Six Billion Demons there are many races that were created for a specific purpose or task in mind. I'm thinking that these refer to the other common races in 5e besides humans. What purposes could the races be designed for and should I do minor tweaking to them to suit these purposes better?
>>
>>49783480
You'll have to figure out how to show humanity's magical talent
>>
>>49783417
Yikes.
>>
>>49783218
>Best critical
I played with a GM for a while who let the players describe how they struck creatures down on big killing blows and crits. This one wasn't a crit, but still.

We were a large group of low-level characters out hunting wyvern heads for bounties. One of the guys in our party is a spellcaster with acid spray.

We down our 3rd wyvern when said spellcaster blasts it with a jet of acid. The GM lets him describe it, since it was a fairly intense battle. He's all pumped up, just kinda shouts 'I melt it into a puddle with my acid!' and all of the other players and myself kinda freeze up because we need the heads for the bounty, which was the entire purpose of hunting them down. Nobody can talk him down, as he insists that he wants to melt the entire wyvern into a puddle, damn the consequences.
>>
>>49783417
Example why rolling for social interaction is fucking retarded
>>
>>49783727
Sounds like a cunt. What happened in the end?
>>
>>49783770
We lost out on 500 gp.
>>
>>49783740
Honestly charisma as a stat should be scrapped.

Int and Wis should be the two mental skills. Wisdom focusing on awareness and all that resisting certain sorts of magical effects, intellect focusing o1n strength of mind, and resisting mind-altering effects and such.
>>
File: Marthal Kalithum The Gladiator.jpg (15KB, 236x303px) Image search: [Google]
Marthal Kalithum The Gladiator.jpg
15KB, 236x303px
>>49783218
>Party is fighting a beholder who is floating 20 feet over a 10 foot radius hole.
>Rogue has been feared, EK has been disseminated, and the wizard and his shield golem has somehow got stuck fighting a rust monster.
>So the only people fighting the beholder were myself as a S&B fighter, our GW fighter, and our moon druid who does not have flying forms yet due to being underleveled compared to the rest of the party (He joined our group after we were well into the campaign).
>My fighter is a mostly fearless Goliath and after seeing one ally die he decides to throw any thoughts of caution to the wind and long jump onto the beholder.
>Natural 20 on my athletics check to just high enough to catch onto the eye stalks on the lower half of his body (For some reason some gnome had been sewing eye stalks onto this beholder so he was literally covered in hundreds of eye stalks.)
>I attack him with my axe to stay well hooked into him, they spend my next turn climbing up.
>He pelts me with half a dozen rays and I just dodge them and resist them like a boss.
>I finally climb onto his head and begin to chop into his skull with my axe, and grappling his head eye stalks to keep from falling to my death.
>Wizard joins the fray and launches a lightning bolt, followed by a fireball on his next turn, at the beholder.
>I save against the fireball as it kills the beholder, and I roll another natural 20 to jump of the beholder as he falls into the hole he had been hovering above the whole fight.

I think i'm due for some really bad rolls here in the near future but that was probably the most epic I have ever been in a fight.
>>
>>49783244

>implying critical hits and fumbles havent been a thing since fucking forever.

They have. Since the mid '70s. So stop pretending that a) you know what you're talking about and b) being all lewronggeneration.
>>
>>49783801
Why? Stats are an abstract so I don't have to lift a fridge to prove my character can push a rich out of the way.

I see no reason why I should have to write the Gettysburg address to prove my character can convince a shopkeep to give him a ten percent bulk discount.
>>
>>49783869
Because lifting fridges doesn't actually effect the games experience, while being able to improvise lies makes a game more memorable. Anyway there's a difference between rolling for the tedious shit or things that could easily go either way and shit that should just not be rolled at all
>>
>>49783954
You proposed dropping charisma completely, which would mean not rolling on tedious shit or big shit or any shit.

And feats of strength add a ton to gameplay, especially when pvp happens.
>>
>>49783869
>I want to do a flip
>okay, roll acrobatics

>I want to talk to this guy
>okay, what do you say?
>possibly a roll after

Things would work fine if the DM just made NPCs react how you'd expect them to react to something. There are barely any social DCs anyway, DMs usually just make shit up on the spot depending on how nice your roll looks.
>>
File: fuckingretarded.png (165KB, 487x410px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingretarded.png
165KB, 487x410px
>>49783801
>>
>>49783987
Dnd stats are about enabling characters to do things regardless of the players actual real life ability to do things.

Denying the players because they stutter, are ugly irl, overly boisterous, etc is just being a shitty dm. At the same time, saying yes to everything the players ask for is audio stupid. Stats represent the fairest way to adjudicate failure.
>>
>>49783740
>>49783801
>>49783987
>>49783954
I want a charisma stat so I can just ask you to roll and I don't have to listen to your shitty attempt at persuasion. Give me a Charisma (Persuasion) check right now to see if I lend your point of view any credence.
>>
>>49783512
Did Humans have a special talent or are they just the most numerous being the Perceivers?
>>
>>49784031
Social DCs are already an absolute mess, and usually DMs award advantage or hidden bonuses for good roleplaying or whatever anyway on charisma in particular.

The other stats don't suffer as much from it.

In an ideal world with good DMs and where everyone can at least convey what they want to say, it's perfectly fine, if still a little bit irritating.

The problem is, charisma feels weird in its position right now as a 'casting stat', where you really just leave it to the casters, and being good at social things is a side-benefit that even some casters don't want. What if you WANT your 20 charisma warlock to be a stuttercunt? Then, the save throw they've assigned it is almost never used, and would be better merged with something else, or if charisma must really remain then give it more use.

I do like the idea of a 'likability and social manipulation' sort of stat, but honestly a lot of the stats don't feel like they're awfully useful unless your class demands it or it's dex/con maybe possibly wis. But that's a different problem.

Charisma should be for more things, like taunting enemies.
>>
The way I rule Charisma as a DM is that I always take into account the character's passive Persuasion or other relevant skill (10+bonus) and the player's roll will never go underneath that threshhold.

It's never failed me yet.
>>
>>49784083
You've got a very uneducated concept of what Charisma is Anon; your 20 charisma warlock can be a stuttercunt.
>>
>>49784121
Main problem with that is that it'd make a rogue proficient in persuasion and deception and intimidation a little less valuable, since their 'reliable talent' wouldn't do anything at all.

I'd rather just say 'use passive persusasion/other relevant skill whenever you're not bothering to ask people to roll, and to determine first impressions when people see this person.'
That way, people 'can' screw up on social interactions, but only on non-routine social interactions (The ones you actually get them to roll for). The party paladin would also be generally well-liked, while that barbain with 8 charisma will be generally less respected on sight without some input on his part.

>>49784157
Charisma is force of will through action, expressing oneself and communicating in a way to manipulate people.
A shy stuttercunt could try manipulating people, but they sure as hell aren't going to come off as self-confident (unless it's all supposed to be a ruse to make themselves look harmless) and it'd be kind of bad roleplaying to have a character that has +5 to persuasion, intimidation etc even when their character can hardly do those things. And bad character building if they then put proficiency in those skills.

I guess they could try to persuade people through gaining their pity, or their self-confidence is the confidence in their suttering ability.
>>
>>49784059
Role-playing is fun, even if you do a lame job, you need a stat to represent your character's ability, but also rewarding players for thinking smart about the situation helps encourage them to listen and feel like a part of the world.
>>
>>49784220
You can say something if you want to, but I'll accept a summary of what you intend to do and a charisma check if you're not comfortable. I never penalize for doing it by the books.
>>
>>49784243
Not auto-passing good RP is a penalization

Rolling is anti-fun
>>
>>49784272
I'm going to assume that is sarcasm.
>>
>>49784300
Nope
People have differing opinions from you and can actually RP you fucking autist
>>
>>49784243
Yeah that's how I run it too. As long as the player tells me what their character wants to say/ achieve, and not just looking to me to tell them what to do.
>>
>>49784306
I'm not in the habit of auto-passing stuff unless it's of a trivial nature or you simply couldn't fail anyway.
>>
>>49784306
And this is why I think charisma should maybe be optional, or something.

Or should have more uses other than talking and being a cast stat (An important casting stat, but just being a required stat doesn't make it any good for non-casters)

But then it kinda sucks if silver-tongued mcdouchebag at the table doesn't need charisma (but would probably be doing bad roleplaying) if they gave a grand speech.
>>
File: 1470642558435.jpg (274KB, 1098x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1470642558435.jpg
274KB, 1098x1600px
Post lore bards.
>>
Anybody use the Squire app?
>>
Having played at a few tables, I've seen Illusion spells range from stupidly overpowered (create box around me I can see through, granting me advantage and foes disadvantage) to nearly useless (If anyone fires at the illusion the physical interaction of the projectile breaks the illusion for everyone, even if it's someone firing out, as soon as someone passes the Investigation check they can tell everyone who automatically succeed without spending an action). Is this a failure of the rules, the players, the DMs, or what?
>>
>>49784272
My character is a 6 charisma buttfaced orc. However, I was the only player to think of a valid argument for the local governor to help the party. So I eloquently lay out my argument, using scientifically proven persuasive techniques.

Under your logic, this is good rp, and should autopass, despite it being something my character legitimately isn't capable of.
>>
>>49784349
>And this is why I think charisma should maybe be optional, or something.

You can make it optional in YOUR games if you want. But when you're saying that it shouldn't factor in the main game you're trying to intrude on MY game now, and the games of others.

If you want it removed from the core game, you need to make a truly convincing argument, just as how you'd need to make a truly convincing argument to have something added.

>Or should have more uses other than talking and being a cast stat

It's also used as a saving throw for a number of spells: Bane, Banishment, Calm Emotions, Dispel Evil, Divine Word, escaping from a Forcecage, penetrating a Magic Circle, choosing not to be affected by a Seeming spell, Planar Binding, an involuntary Plane Shift, the Hopelessness effecy of Symbol, Zone of Truth.

Monsters that force Charisma saves including the ghost's Possession and the umber hulk's Confusing Gaze.

If I had my way, Sanity would be influenced by Charisma rather than Wisdom, as would any Charm or Dominate effect (Wisdom should be about ensuring your perception of the world around you is correct; Charisma is for making sure your sense of self is not violated). But that's my games.
>>
>>49784580
This is a strawman. This is bad RP, since it doesn't follow with the character.

If there was an average dude who managed to give out a very moving argument, that should not be restricted by retarded rolls. Also, if you have an ugly troll who speaks in grunts, he shouldn't be able to convince anyone BUT other ugly trolls. That makes RP sense
>>
>>49784542
Illusion in generally is up to the DM. Since he decides how all the NPCs react to it he could make it stupidly over powered, useless or anything in between. Since he can just say "they see through it and attack you" or "they are oblivious to what's happening and can't attack you".

So what ever problem you're having with Illusion, that's probably just the DM trying to make it interesting.
>>
I’m kind of having a problem with my character right now
>Level 8
>Tempest cleric
>Have feat so I get booming blade
>Has a warhammer
>Every booming blade deals 4d8 damage on hit and pushes the target back 10 feet
>If they move (which they have to unless they are raged) they take 2d8 more damage
>Effectively dealing 6d8 every turn with only one roll
>And it’s a cantrip so I can just spam it
>I don’t have a reason to cast any other damaging spell.
>And due to the face I use the warhammer as a one-handed I have great AC and I have I rarely need to heal
It just feels a bit boring when every attack I do is just booming bade. And the DM gave me a improved warhammer as well making booming blade even better. Does it get better at later levels or will it almost constantly be a case of “just use booming blade”?
>>
>>49784628
>charisma affecting logical reasoning
He may be fugly and not very eloquent, but a good plan is a good plan. Maybe he had a fair bit of intelligence.

At my table, it would've been an Intelligence (Persuasion) check.
>>
>>49784661
Now wait, how is it 4d8 damage on the attack? And how are you pushing them?

>Booming Blade only incurs the bonus damage when they move, not on the hit
>Divine Strike from Tempest is thunder damage
>They're only pushed by lightning damage
>>
>>49784628
Oh, so now stats do inform what a character should be able to do, but not enough to actually be used as intended.

Keep on moving then goalposts back anon, pretty soon I'll have you arguing my side.

Stats are the fairest, least arbitrary way to adjudicate possibility and failure.

There's no real difference between charisma checks, Constitution checks, wisdom checks, intelligence checks, strength checks, and dexterity checks. So requiring the performance of one but not the other unfairly limits the options of those who suck in the one. Further, rewarding real life performances of the one by letting people ignore the chance of failure but not the other is also an arbitrary distinction, and harmful to the game.
>>
>>49784628
Look, the issue is twofold and simple.

- Some characters are less eloquent than their players.
- Some players are less eloquent than their characters.

The second one is the actual problem, not the first. If I might borrow a phrase from Star Trek, it's easier for a civilized man to act barbaric than for a barbarian to act civilized. If I look at my character sheet and see a fuck ugly, introverted, belligerent troll, then yeah, I can probably act that, because it's relatively easy to "lower" myself to that.

But how the fuck am I supposed to be able to roleplay someone who is far more eloquent, extroverted, and convincing than I am, without a mechanical way to represent that?
>>
>>49784647
So a Wild Sorcerer focusing on Illusion spells should just hand their character to the DM.
>>
>>49784711
>Now wait, how is it 4d8 damage on the attack?

>Warhammer 1d8
>The improved weapon the DM gave me deals 1d8 extra lighting damage (Should proboly have said this)

>Bomming blade
>The spell's damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 thunder damage to the target

>Divine Strike 1d8
>>
>>49784749
Fallacy fallacy
Also, we all get that you're an autist with no RP skills and can't possibly imagine a game where you actually have to RP
>>
>>49784786
>Fallacy fallacy
Well since we're just resorting to memes now, "not an argument".
>>
>>49784786
because acting is the same as role playing

Player: "I tell the deputy about the encounter we had with the orcs"
DM: "Say it, then. Roleplay it"
>>
>>49784776
Sucks to be you brah. This table is meant for chads. Maybe you should find a 3.5 to play?

(Btw, taking about the quality of girl on a scale of one to ten you should look for, not some lame nerd stuff)
>>
>>49784782
Ah, so the problem here is that the DM gave you a weapon that enables something you really shouldn't be able to do. There's a reason Divine Strike isn't lightning.

If you really feel it's a problem, bring it up with your DM, point out how it's too strong in relation to other options, etc..
>>
>>49784779
To some extent yes. He could make or break you character. I've played with one, it was fun and we got into some great situations at times due to it. The player just said "I want to do X to make Y happen" Then he rolled and depending on the roll he would wither get a desired result or something crazy happen.
Sometimes he could fear all of our enemies, make them disoriented turn them against their allies. Other times her could get them enraged, make them get advantage rolls, accidentally taunt them, etc.
It's fun, but the fun is up to the DM.
>>
>>49784808
Not a constructive post

>>49784830
Yes. Just saying what you say is bad RP, since it doesn't involve any actual social interaction. It's boring
>>
>>49784786
It's not just about roleplaying, and it extends to all the mental stats, not just the physical ones.

My 20-INT wizard is much smarter than I am, probably much smarter than anyone I've ever met in real life. How am I supposed to roleplay someone who's smarter than I am?

>>49784850
Dude I quoted Star Trek. How many girls you think I'm gonna realistically play?
>>
>>49784922
If you're so bad at social interaction that you have to roll without roleplaying, then you shouldn't play rpgs
>>
>>49784916
Still not an argument.
>>
>>49784851
I mean, he is aware that I deal an insane amount of damaged and he doesn't complain about it (he's actually rather happy about it since it enables him to throw more interesting encounters on us). But I should probably talk to him about it and see if he want's to
change it since he probably doesn't know how Booming blade + tempest cleric works and unintentionally made me overpowered.
>>
>>49784986
That's very discriminatory of you. You don't really sound like a nice individual.

Besides, most of the things that require dialog checks require something more eloquent than the average player is capable of stringing together. I play and dm RPGs to experience epic stories, similar to fantasy movies and media I like. Are you saying that I should expect my players to ad lib speeches as good as independence day when I put them in a similar situation?
>>
>>49784986
So we can play make-believe with the physical stats, but not the mental ones? Why?
>>
>>49783480
Can anyone help me with this? The playable races are Inheritors, with the main ones once being Servants. Humans are not Servants, they're an imperfect but numerous anomaly.

I'm thinking of "Dwarves" being chiefly makers or builders, their purpose being to create and build for the gods.

"Elves" were the Artists, the performers, actors, writers.

"Halflings" are the menial workers. Cleaners, labourers,

This was their original purpose, something they have fallen out of since the gods left. It still colours their lives and much of their actions, but they aren't bound by it.

Many other humanoid and even non-humanoid monsters are were also technically Servants of various purposes, all now left to their own devices.

I haven't decided if i'm going to change up the descriptions and names of the races to suit the theme more. I also don't want it to be too dense as this is a game for a new group that's new to RPGs. I just know that they don't really like the atypical fantasy setting, so i'm mixing it up a bit.
>>
>>49785050
They won't be as good as any legit speech, but literally anything will be more fun than
>I give a deep and moving argument to the king
>Rolls a 20
>The king literally begins sucking your dick for rolling a number
>>
>>49785077
That's not only hyperbole and disingenuous, that's merely your own opinion.
>>
Anybody have experience with Matt Mercer's homebrew class. The Blood Hunter one not the Gunslinger. Although I wouldn't mind hearing about it either.
>>
>>49785077
But without making that check and without being an eloquent fuck myself, I'm basically simply at the mercy of whatever the DM wants to happen, regardless of my character's ability - or my own. When I give the speech to the king it's not going to be whatever I say or do nor whatever my character says or does, it's going to be whether or not the DM wants the king to do what I ask.

Even if that DM is "undecided", you cannot convince me that the player's own ability at speech and rhetoric won't influence the DM. Which returns us to: I'm playing an eloquent as fuck Bard but I am not eloquent as fuck myself. Perhaps evinced by the fact that I keep using the phrase "eloquent as fuck". Regardless, it means my character's success or failure relies on MY ability rather than his.

Which is precisely no different from demanding that the player of a fighter be able to lift a fridge to prove that his character can actually do whatever strongman thing he's trying to do.
>>
This whole debate is ignoring so far that there is anyway an in game method for rewarding good role-playing. Inspiration. There. Now you don't have to reward Chad by giving him an auto success when speaks. Instead, you get to follow the rules!
>>
>>49785077
>rolls a 20
>expects to do a masterful acrobatics demonstration without tightrope walking on my clothes line
shiggy
>>
>>49785213
The debate isn't about whether or not roleplaying should be rewarded, the debate is about whether or not Charisma is a necessary stat to begin with. There's some overlap, but it's overall a distinct, and much stupider, argument.
>>
>>49783782
Why not just take the 500g from the players reward?
I mean he was responsible for the loss and knew it, even ingame it would make sense to give him a smaller amount of the reward.
>>
>>49785233
Yeah, that guy has since realized he was retarded and either walked his position back or stopped posting. I think the current version of the argument is letting people who are eloquent skip rolling.
>>
>>49785233
I always found intelligence as the least needed of the mental stat because too many dumb nerds use it as a masturbatory aid.

I'm kind of glad 5e pounded it into the ground and reduced it purely to book learning.
>>
Just make PCs use the mental attributes of their players.

Or would having 6 in three different attributes be unfair to the anti-charisma players?
>>
>>49785156
I played it a bit and thought i was pretty boring, you are better off going full fighter or bladelock
>>
>>49785337
Well, in fairness, INT might be a fair bit higher if you do what I do, which is take your IQ score and divided by 10, rounding down all fractions (as we do in D&D). Since most people have an IQ of around 100, this means that most people end up having an INT of 10, just like in D&D.

So for example, this makes me (IQ 123, a little above average but nothing to write home about) have an INT of 12 (which tracks well: I have a +1 bonus, but that's only a little above the average and it's not all that special).

It's not a perfect system since there are a number of super-geniuses with IQs of 220 or 230, which is higher than a person in D&D can have without magical aid and a lot of class levels. But for most people on the street, it works fine.
>>
Here's how I resolve stat checks.

Strength checks: squat/bench/ohp/deadlift a weight given by me 5 times. If they succeed, they get a pass.
Dexterity: flexibility exercises
Constitution: hill sprints, or hiit on a rowing machine, or end of session carb backload feast
Wisdom: they need to explain a philosophical passage of my choosing.
Intelligence: I ask them trivia questions related to history and pop culture.
Charisma: they have to either successfully get a girl's number or arrange a date.

If the check is contested between dm and player, we both do the challenge (weights adjusted for progression for each) and ties go to the player.

So far we haven't had much luck on the charisma checks, but the frequency of success is increasing.
>>
File: 1442419486803.jpg (92KB, 1024x530px) Image search: [Google]
1442419486803.jpg
92KB, 1024x530px
>it's a 5eg tears into each other over minor roleplaying preferences episode
I love /tg/ but holy FUCK are you guys some fucking narcissists. I myself wouldn't ever -not- roleplay when given the chance, but if you honestly think you aren't excluding people by holding them to a similiar standard then fuck you. If you wanna dm a certain way, thats fine, tell the players. Just don't act like people are subhumans for lacking improv skill. goddamn
>>
>>49784059
Am I a shit dm?
I use charisma checks for the following:
>So I don't have to listen to the rationale of hack'n'slash players yelling "I INTIMIDATE HIM :DDD"
>To set DC checks for roleplay players. A good argument will dramatically drop a potentially hard DC. Just because you make a sound argument doesn't mean that the other person is going to auto agree with you.
>And of couse, to resolve petty metagame disputes about simple things that can last an hour if I don't cut it short.
In my opinion, just because the world literally revolves around the players, it shouldn't act that way. I'm not advocating for rolling for everything, but major social encounters should have some luck involved.
>>
Alright I may just be dumb and looking in the wrong place but I cant seem to find splatbooks for 5th all I find are adventure guides.
Am I just supposed to take 3.5 splatbooks and tweak them?
>>
>>49785634
5e has a slow, story-focused release schedule. There are no proper splat books, not until late next year probably.

You're supposed to explore its solid core and supplement with third-party stuff and homebrew where desired.
>>
update, on that.... uh... date? http://vocaroo.com/i/s16DisO60TGr
>>
>>49785634
- Starter Set
- Player's Handbook
- Dungeon Master's Guide
- Monster Manual
- Hoard of the Dragon Queen
- Rise of Tiamat
- Elemental Evil Player's Companion
- Princes of the Apocalypse
- Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
- Out of the Abyss
- Curse of Strahd
- Storm King's Thunder
- Volo's Guide to Monsters

That's the total list of books out for 5e, except the last, which isn't actually out yet (releases in November, I believe).
>>
I'm new to 5th ed, can someone explain to me how warlock spells work? I've never played a caster, and I really love the idea of a warlock who's patron is an elder god. I understand that they get both spell slots and invocations, but even at level 20 the highest level spell slot i'd have is 5. So how would I go about casting a 9th level spell?
It's possible I have a fundamental misunderstanding of how spell slots work, so could someone explain this to me?
>>
File: big1.jpg (8KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
big1.jpg
8KB, 204x204px
>>49783244
>>
File: wow.png (187KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
187KB, 361x691px
>>49785730
thanks for the blog autist
at least learn to type your posts
>>
>>49785767
Warlocks get fewer spell slots that are always at their max level (up to 5th level) and come back after a short rest (1 hour of resting).

They also get a 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th level spell that can each be cast once per long rest (8 hours of rest once per day), through Mystic Arcanum. They're separate from your spell slots. Invocations are also separate from your spell slots unless they say otherwise.
>>
>>49785778
see
>>49783417
>>
>>49785667
>>49785757
thanks
>>
>>49785634

"Sword Coast Adventurers Guide" and "Elemental Evil Players Companion" are really the only official splat-like books.

The release schedule through the end of 2018 from WotC is going to be 2 Campaign books a year(correlates with Adventure League Seasons) and then 1 or 2 splat or accessory type books. Things might pick up in mid to late 2018 or 2019.

I'm betting we'll be seeing more books like SCAG only for other settings so the PHB stays relevant but players and DMs will need the books to build characters, adjust monsters and for setting details.

Kobold Press, FrogGodGames and Sashsquatch Games all have third party books for settings and character options.
>>
>>49785797
Oh okay. I just thought it was weird that it lists higher level warlock spells and I couldn't figure out how to cast them. Thanks mate.
>>
Reminder that there is literally nothing wrong with ignoring rolls for most social interactions, SUCH AS IN THE FUCKING PHB

Also, Inspiration is for roleplaying your CHARACTER, so it doesn't count. Also, Rule 0
>>
>>49785577
5eg has been real bad all week DESU
>>
>>49785931
Anyone who cites "Rule 0" basically torpedoes their own argument, as it just descends into "waah you can't tell me what to do I'm the DM".
Doesn't mean you're a good one.
>>
>>49785931

Lighten up Francis!
>>
Hey I'm new to 5th. If I'm playing a warlock with Pact of the Tome does the invocation Book of Ancient Secrets help that much? Its kind of a pain to flip through the spell list looking for spells that can be cast as rituals at all and the ones I've found dont seem that useful. Is this purely a utility choice? Because I doubt I can sit down and start a ritual mid combat. Does it start to pay off at higher levels?
>>
>>49786074
ritual casting allows you to solve out of combat problems without using resources, basically
>>
>>49786074
Yes it's a utility choice.
How useful it is depends on if you have another utility caster in your party - if you don't, it's very good. If you have something like a Wizard it'll be underwhelming.
If you use the spellviewer app - I got mine from the Trove so I think it's still there - you can search for only spells with the ritual tag.
>>
>>49786074

Use this 5E directory to find shit. The ritual spells have an "*" at the end of the spell name if its a ritual spell:

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/175121/Dungeons--Dragons-5e-Directory?sorttest=true
>>
What class in 5e is the most fun at level 5?
>>
>>49786114
>>49786137
>>49786177
Thank you very much!
>>
>>49783987
This is what I do as a DM. I only have them roll persuasion if it's a difficult sell, like convincing a villager he needs to leave his family home behind to join our adventure
>>
>>49786310
This is fine.
It's how you should run skills. Even climbing and swimming is explicitly laid out like this in the rulebooks.
>>
I am DMing Death's House for a group right now, they just entered the third floor and had a fight with the animated armor. Nearly killed them, and there are even more monsters ahead.
>>
>>49786270
bard
>>
>>49786270
Depends of what you like.
Personally I prefer clerics or barbarian.
>>
Has anybody created a good quick reference for race and class stats in 5E that someone could share or point me to. Thanks in advance you wonderful bastards!!!
>>
File: 1461548709897.jpg (179KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1461548709897.jpg
179KB, 1200x800px
Alright /5eg/, I'm running a game tonight for a group of new players. We're making characters together and then probably playing for about 2.5 hours.
The adventure we're doing is that crime has spiked in the city and Kenkus are responsible so they whoop some Kenku ass and explore the city while making friends with other adventurers
Is there anything I should do to make it extra fun for new players, or anything I should make sure to get across in terms of how the game is played? I can barely remember my first session as a PC so I'd thought I'd ask
>>
>>49786415
Race stats I have an idea of what you mean but class stats?
Do you mean what stats are important?
>>
>>49786270

Fighter, Wizard, Rogue or Cleric. You don't need any other classes.
>>
>>49786428
If you'll be running much combat then print off a list of actions you can take in combat
It took a few sessions before I remembered this and as a result it was a few sessions of just "I hit the guy"
>>
What gets me about the charisma stat is that outside of spell casting, it's main function is convincing or scaring people. It feels like if I had a retarded plan as a wizard, I could just roll to make it work anyways because my character is smart. Granted charisma can't really do anything else, but it still feels dumb.
>>
>>49786432
yes and things like saving throws/proficiencies ect.
>>
File: phb ability scores.png (355KB, 272x624px) Image search: [Google]
phb ability scores.png
355KB, 272x624px
>>49786461
There's this from the PHB
>>
>>49786270
Bard, Lock, Ranger, Paladin
>>
File: phb class table.png (469KB, 521x452px) Image search: [Google]
phb class table.png
469KB, 521x452px
>>49786509
>>49786461
And then this as well
>>
File: 1461548446070.jpg (43KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
1461548446070.jpg
43KB, 960x719px
>>49786428
I should also mention I'm not a new DM, it's just the players are new to DnD
>>49786448
I'll definitely do this for the players, thanks for recommending it!
>>
What are some cool things I can do as a 3rd level wizard?

I want to gain the respect of my party
>>
>>49786565
Same guy here, also make sure they know how actions and bonus actions work and about the fact you can split actions with movement.
Explaining certain skills that might not be obvious in their use is also good.
A summary of the races and classes is useful - it can be hard to explain stuff like bards, the difference between paladins and clerics, between halflings and gnomes, etc.
In general I'd say you should be fine - this edition is really easy for new players to get to grips with and your adventure sounds fun.
Best of luck!
>>
>>49786643
Thanks man
I don't have an appropriate reaction image but thanks
>>
>>49786576
Go for control spells, not just damage. If you can control the battlefield to make everybody's job easier, you'll be a strong team.
Sleep, Hideous Laughter, Hold Person can be great at low level (watch for trying it on creatures with good saves)
>>
>>49786576
Use Prestidigitation to clean their clothes and make their rations taste good.

>>49786781
Sleep is probably useless by level 3, or at least soon it will be.
>>
One of my PCs is playing a Paladin. I've always been pretty chill about homebrew rules and the guys don't usually abuse them but the pally wants to have the ability to commune with a Planetar, asking for advice or to be shown the way, etc. We've started a new campaign and theyre 2nd level. He doesn't necessarily want this ability right now - but i don't like it. I hate the idea of having to RP as the Planetar with him and potentially give away secrets or railroad them etc. I see no good coming from this at all.

What do you guys think? Are there any positives to letting him have this?
>>
>>49786454
Do people not realize how persuasion works in real life? The skill check isn't just some jedi mind trick shit, it's meant to only supplement your argument should it make logical sense for the NPC to support you in the endeavor. Not to mention that they would need to have a neutral or positive attitude towards you in the first place.
>>
>>49787732
No. Tell him he gets cryptic dreams which you will then use if they totally miss the hooks
>>
DMing question here.

I'm going to be setting up a one-shot for five of my friends where they go after an adult blue dragon in its lair. The party's all level 10, but I don't want the blue dragon to just sit on its ass at the end and wait for them to come and I don't want it to just collapse a section of the cave on them immediately and kill them.

How can I make the dragon active in the defense of its lair while still keeping it the final boss of the lair invasion and letting the party explore the lair?
>>
>>49786454
>implying being the smart one matters in an argument
>implying being right matters in an argument
You're the perfect showcase of why I hate int as a stat. No, Democritus being smart doesn't mean that people will buy your atoms if you can't make a fucking persuasive argument for it.
>>
File: IMG_1052.jpg (97KB, 504x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1052.jpg
97KB, 504x626px
So it has come to the point in my table's Lost Mine run where they finally meet the BBEG. However, it has come to the point where my players are suspecting the Black Spider is amongst the townies in Phandalin after they misinterpreted the way I roleplayed Hamun Kost who might've hinted of the Black Spider being someone they met.

Anyhow, it seems like an exciting prospect and the players are engrossed as ever esp with the rising tension as they near the grand finale. I am thinking of running this idea of the Black Spider be someone else than what's written in the module.

That said, the players actually befriended a Redbrand who they captured and eventually convinced him to redeem himself during Session #1 more than a month ago. It was one of their finest moments and they are proud of it because they got a very emotional backstory from him. Now, I am thinking of making him the Black Spider because looking at the campaign journal and chicken scratch notes, he has appeared at convenient moments of the adventure that could arouse suspicion if the PCs followed the thread. None of it is intended but at least the potential twist of a loved NPC being the BBEG of Lost Mines has some weight to it than lolrandum twist.

What do you think? I wanna give payoff for their sudden suspicion of the possibility of the Black Spider being amongst the townies and I feel this might make for great drama. It has led to some intense moments in Phandalin when they are trying to test the trust of liked townies who they have grown fond of. However, back in session #1 when they helped redeem this Redbrand NPC to drop his bandit act for a better tomorrow, I feel this accomplishment might mean nothing and feel meaningless if I drop the twist on them. These guys are new to the game btw so you can imagine how important this NPC could mean to them esp since they were able to convert him to be a good guy again during their first session. I fear they will be dubious and feel a bad taste.

Any ideas?
>>
>>49787754

Wouldn't the NPCs disposition towards the character effect the DC of roll to begin with and depending on that disposition would also open up the DM's interpretation of the roll. Like a Hostile NPC wouldn't agree to something it was opposed to doing if the PC succeeded on the roll...it might just be inclined to compromise or discuss favors or pay rather than saying no outright
>>
>>49787754
Nobody is saying persuasion is a Jedi mind trick. They're saying the stat and the skill can abstract around how it really works. This lets an person who works have serious difficulties persuading anybody in real life play a persuasive character.

Alternatively, since we're just shitposting now.

>>>49787754
>>>49786454
>Do people not realize how lifting works in real life? The skill check isn't just some forklift shit, it's meant to only supplement your actual workout routines. Not to mention you should be able to demonstrate the proper form for any lifts your character makes in game.

If you come and tell me your character lifts his heels off the ground when he's attempting to deadlift up under heavy load, I'm making you roll on an injury table. Don't even get me started on squats, I've killed characters because their players couldn't demonstrate proper form.
>>
>>49787892
I think converting a bad guy should feel kind of rewarding, so I'm not really sure if it's the best idea to use him.

I know the BBEG is a little bit lackluster though.
>>
>>49783218

Ran a one shot where my play group was hired to take a wizards spell book by any means. They avoid most encounters but fight and kill a hydra before making it to the wizards tower. Wizard is at the top telling the group to "turn around and suck his wizard balls."
They decide to stay and fight the wizards two construct guardians.

>They manage to take down one guardian.
>Health is getting low.
>My younger brother is playing a half-orc grenadier.
>Gets a sticky bomb out.
>Roll to hit bro.
> Nat 1
>Roll again bro.
>Nat 1
>... ok one more time.
>Nat 1

Three rolls in a row, I almost had him go down taking everyone with him. He explodes sending chunks all over his team mates and tower.

Everyone lost it and couldn't stop laughing. Good times.
>>
If a vampire turns into a bat/wolf does it still have vampire weakness
>>
>>49788384
Yes
>>
>>49787834
Magic defenses: magic puzzle rooms, riddles, have him controlling the minor enemies the party encounters.

Also make it clear he is watching them and have his voice talking to them throughout the quest. Basically make him like Glados in Portal.
>>
Would you allow the D&D Next playtest classes in your games, /5eg/?
>>
>>49788724
No. Some of the mechanics are hugely different than 5e proper, many of the classes are only 5 or 10 levels, and were renamed or replaced for 5e proper.
>>
>>49788724
Yes, with tweaking for compatibility, because in general, 5e lacks balls compared to the playtest.
>>
>>49787732
Sounds like a great tool for plot advacement and to railroad your party when you need to. If you ever don't want him to talk to his Planetar simply say the Planetar doesn't respond.

I just played a Warlock with a deity that I could "call" like this. DM handled it exactly like that.
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 256x197px
How do I make an ineffective villain like pic related?
>>
>>49783740
It's actually an example of how not to DM...I'd still have required a roll, but I'd also have given advantage.
>>
>>49788724
Where can I find dem good playtest materials? I've heard good things about them.
>>
>>49788851
It's mostly rose tinted glasses.
Everything "good" people mention is mediocre, clunky stuff from the first playtest.
>>
>>49788827
Pancreatic cancer
>>
>>49788827
All of their plans are either really underwhelming, easily solved, or only help them not die from the fallout.
>>
>>49788827
That would take a lot of skill and planing to do. I don't know if people here can't help you with anything but the obvious.
>>
>>49788885
And why should I believe your opinion on it?
>>
>>49788741
>>49788766
>>49788851
>>49788885
>>49789078
Weren't people saying the playtest packets had good/well designed material?
>>
>>49789213
Interesting, yes. Well-designed? In many cases, not really.
>>
>>49789228
>>49789213
It clearly needed polish, but the direction was more interesting. With what we know now, it wouldn't be hard to recreate it.
>>
>>49789276
They couldn't have risked 5e being anything less than a runaway success, so they played safe and released a boring product instead of trying something interesting, then they were met with disappointing sales anyway.

Shit man what's a company to do.
>>
File: what are you talking about.jpg (84KB, 349x317px) Image search: [Google]
what are you talking about.jpg
84KB, 349x317px
>>49789529
>they were met with disappointing sales anyway
5e's PHB has already outsold 3e's, 3.5e's, and 4e's individual PHB lifetime sales.
>>
>>49789213
>>49789228
>>49789276
>>49789529
It was only playtest material, but present-day Wizards is at least taking feedback from people, whether for better or worse, and is changing their material based on that feedback.
>>
>>49789547
[Citation needed]
>>
>>49789529
See
>>49789623
>>
In particular, the martial superiority dice being a general thing for all fighters wouldn't be hard to implement, and neither would the sorcerer features. I'm working on adding the best of the playtest to my 5.4e.
>>
>>49789623
Look it up yourself lazy faggot
>>
>>49789623
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/764241988128419840
>>
File: tumblr_n0whbvB7AF1t7z6cio1_500.jpg (43KB, 479x680px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0whbvB7AF1t7z6cio1_500.jpg
43KB, 479x680px
Is 80 hp with 15 ac too hardcore for 3 PCs (Barbarian, wizard and ranger)??
Im making the last boss and im kinda freaking out, gotta finish for tomorrow.
>>
>>49789547
That's not really a big feat. Every new edition has outsold the previous one.
>>
>>49789663
What level are they?

That's not all that much on its own. PCs can really chew through monsters if they please.
>>
>>49789663
We need to know the levels of the pcs.

In general though, boss type enemies are usually disappointing, because of the action economy and other issues.
>>
>>49789663
We need to know their levels you silly goose
>>
>>49789642
How's that coming along by the way?
>>
>>49789547
To bad RPG publishers need a constant flow of sales from new material, nobody is buying 5e splats.

>>49789631
Let's put it this way, Paizo have 60+ fulltime employees (and their hiring!) shitting out content that continues to sell really well despite declining popularity.

WotC's D&D department has 8, 2 of which are part-time writers. They're actually making more money from licensing than published material.
>>
Also, Paizo can shove their jokes of a playtest up where the sun don't shine.
>>
>>49789623

PHB is No.66 on Amazon's bestsellers list right now.

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-books-Amazon/zgbs/books#4
>>
>>49789702
I've reached the point where I'm done brainstorming ideas, and now working out details, starting with class reworks/tweaks.
>>
>>49789711
I like Pathfinder's Adventure Paths, and Modules; I even don't mind the Pathfinder Society modules, either. Lots of stuff to steal from, lots of maps (my weakest link as a DM, if I have one), and lots of ideas for adventure.

I even like the setting--even if its not 100% right for my current group.
>>
>>49789750
Don't give up. Also, you might try to give it a different name. Like Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition. So people don't know you're just slapping 4e stuff on it.
>>
>>49789684
>>49789686
>>49789699
Sorry, level 5
>>
>>49789773
They'll ruin that guy in 3 rounds or less.
>>
>>49789773
>>49789663
That's easy unless he got some abilities that can fuck them over.
>>
>>49789770
I wonder. That's a good suggestion to consider.
>>
>>49789758
Paizo's entire business model is based around those Adventure paths and modules, they've got fucktons of subscribers buying every single thing path they release.
>>
>>49789796
>>49789783
>Inmune to charm, petrificate, sleep n other shits.
>Kinda like a poison spray
>Inmune under summoning circles (in the ground)
>Big ass ray shaped like a T, if they are in the way, dex saving throw, if failed 1d12 dmg

Worth to mention it got 2 priests healing him in the same room.

Is that ok? D:
>>
>>49789663
>>49789663
Needs either way more HP (like 3x more) or higher AC
We also need to know how much damage it can do (per round and over the first three rounds)
>>
>>49789872
Also the levels of the characters.
>>
>>49789863
The two priests might be an issue, but a mere 1d12 damage shouldn't pose too much of a threat.

Check the DMG on this matter.
>>
File: why.png (16KB, 185x149px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
16KB, 185x149px
>>49789711
>tfw Wizards is taking the Valve approach to content rather than the Sony or Microsoft approach
>>
I feel like making monsters. First person to suggest a monster will get it statted. Tell me what CR you want, and pictures will be better if you've got them.
>>
>>49789863
>save vs 1d12 damage
Wow, that's awful.
Compare it to regular spells.
I mean, look at the Nothic. It's CR 2 and it has save vs 3d6.
>>
>>49789879
He's posted that, they're level 5
>>
File: 270.png (140KB, 270x246px) Image search: [Google]
270.png
140KB, 270x246px
>>49789899
Noble 6 from Halo: Reach. CR 7.
>>
>>49789711

5E's sales exceeded all expectations. WotC has a firm release schedule and budget through 2018. Hasbro will loosen the purse strings around then and you'll most likely see more splat and settings. WotC is consolidating the books so there will be a book needed by everybody for overall basic setting and character options and then the corresponding adventures for the setting will contain all the additional setting info the DM needs. They want to make all the books attractive to Players and DMs by spreading the info and options around. Hasbro is plaining to phase out Drizzt and Elminster soon too. Expect them to die or go away permanently to open up the market for some new D&D films or Series with characters that aren't so fleshed out and entrenched in the fan base.
>>
>>49789921
>phase out Drizzt and Elminster
I want to believe
>>
File: 119elderbrain.jpg (111KB, 749x533px) Image search: [Google]
119elderbrain.jpg
111KB, 749x533px
>>49789899
An Elder Brain
>>
>>49789883
>>49789872
2D8 for melee dmg
slash in 3 tiles facing him, 2d10 (everytime there at least 2 guys facing him)
maybe changing the ray to 2D12?

Im kinda new into D&D, any more suggestions?
>>
>>49789919
I don't know the slightest thing about Halo, but sure, I like a challenge.

>>49789978
This might be a bit more fun.
>>
>>49789978
Oh, CR 20ish
>>
>>49789899
depression and alcoholism
>>
>>49789899
Tile grout golem.
>>
>>49790046
>depression and alcoholism
CR?
>>
>>49789999
It kind of seems like you don't know how to stat monsters.
Read some enemies that are CR 4 or 5 in the Monster Manual, and the section on creating monsters in the DMG.
I honestly recommend you use a Monster Manual creature, refluffing it if you want to change up the flavour.
I wouldn't recommend making custom monsters until you're more experienced.
>>
>>49790064
Hm, I think something like this is in Fifth Edition Foes, actually.
>>
>>49787732
isn't there a spell for communing with a being like that?

i'm pretty sure it's a very high level spell
>>
>>49790067
>>49789999
Here are a few more specific recommendations that match the flavour you seem to be going for, I'd recommend:
CR5
Barbed Devil
Cambion
Wraith
CR4
Flameskull
Red Dragon Wyrmling
Shadow Demon
>>
>>49790067
I dont :/ That's why im asking for help haha. I did but man i feel like they are super squishy.
>>
>>49790127
Oh, and obviously just refluff stuff like flameskulls or dragons as human mages or demons if that's what you want.
If you also really want them to have healers with them use one of the CR4s with a few (3+) Acolytes or one of the CR5s with just a couple of Acolytes.
Add more if it should be more difficult.
>>
>>49790066
13, I guess. does it matter?
>>
>>49790129
Ever thought of doing something like, say infernal pillars of flame sprout up if he takes too much damage, giving him time to summon beings from the infernal planes? Or he makes a shield of hellfire around himself and the only way to break or weaken it is to murder his priests, or destroy some unholy sigil to weaken him? Not every way to strengthen a boss is hp and CR.
>>
>>49790164
Man thanks, i had planned to have like to guards with the 2 healers and the boss, hope they can make it.
>>
>>49790129
I'd probably go with the Cambion.
19AC, 82HP, some spellcasting and spell-like attacks, flight.
I think it'd be a fun boss.
If you want a healer chuck in an Acolyte, maybe with a little buff to AC.
>>
>>49790168
Yep.

I've stated up the ghost of a baby who suffocated in a fire.
>>
>>49790187
I really like the idea of the shield. I will make something like that, thanks bro.
>>
>>49790190
No problem, my players are reaching level 5 soon so I've been looking at monsters around that CR recently.
Best of luck.
>>
File: Lathander_p39-1-.jpg (93KB, 400x638px) Image search: [Google]
Lathander_p39-1-.jpg
93KB, 400x638px
>>49789899
Lathander, the Morninglord.
>>
Noble-6

Medium humanoid (human), neutral

Armor Class 19 (+1 plate armor)
Hit Points (15d8 + 45)
Speed

STR 16 (+3); DEX 18 (+4); CON 16 (+3); INT 12 (+1); WIS 14 (+2); CHA 12 (+1);

Skills Athletics +6, Perception +5, Stealth +7, Survival +5
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical weapons
Senses darkvision 60ft, passive Perception
Languages bullshit
Challenge 7 (xp)

Magical Plate Armor. Noble-6's plate armor is enchanted, and provides him with resistance to non-magical weapon damage (already included in his statistics).

Sharpshooter. Noble-6 ignores the disadvantage from attacking with his antimatter rifle from beyond the weapon's short range.

Sneak Attack (1/turn). Noble-6 deals an extra 6d6 damage when he hits a target with a weapon attack and has advantage on the attack roll, or when the target is within 5 feet of an ally of the assassin that isn't incapacitated and Noble-6 doesn't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Actions

Antimatter Rifle. Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, range 120/360, one target. Hit: 6d8 + 4 necrotic damage. He must take a bonus action or action to reload the weapon after firing two shots.

Variant: Noble-6's armor requires extensive and painful surgery, requiring 1,000gp per character level to be able to wear and use effectively. If a character attempts to wear this armor without this surgery, it functions as a cursed set of magical plate armor, making them vulnerable to nonmagical weapon damage and halving their speed.
>>
So, Im having a bit of trouble actually going through with a campaign idea of mine, as the last to I tried fell apart due to a mixture of cancerous special snowflaking, and people just not coming to the sessions. Any suggestions as to how to separate and tell between people who want to stay in sessions, and those who just, vanish?
>>
File: 118 - 4bBilKm.jpg (98KB, 689x689px) Image search: [Google]
118 - 4bBilKm.jpg
98KB, 689x689px
>>49790338
And this day, Anon hath delivered, and we know that there is indeed light still left in the world.
>>
>>49790338
This is pretty cool, anon, good job!
>>
>>49790338
Pretty good, now design the Elder Brain and the god.
>>
What should I do with 3.3k gold and some spare time in a big city ?
>>
>>49791068
Buy a 3,300 gp prostitute
>>
>>49790876
>>49790760
>>49790691

Working on it. Got distracted by stupid shit with stupid family members being stupid fucking pieces of shit.

>>49791095
Or 3,300 1gp prostitutes.
>>
>>49790356
Firstly actually bring along friends.

Try to gauge their interest in it. You should be able to tell how interested someone is in a subject already through things like how often they bring it up, how they react if you subtley kind of bring it up, etc.

If they're 'too' over-enthusiatic... Then yes.

If you know people who are actally reliable in general, they might be reliable there, too.

Underaged is more dangerous and prone to special snowflakeness.

I don't know, go learn psychology.
>>
>>49787892

Anyone else?

>>49788170

Even if the bad guy is like a lowly bandit? Though I suppose considering they're new to the game, the very fact they had the agency and freedom to do that really hooked them into the game as it ended their first session. You do make a good point about taking away that sense of agency, freedom and reward from making him the BBEG all this time for the sake of "Drama" and "plot"

However, yeah, I'm quite in a pickle. I was originally gonna run the Black Spider as written, the Drow mage Nezznar, but now my PCs in the past couple of sessions have been building up the Black Spider as a big deal. In-character, they are beginning to jot out potential suspects, they've been engrossed AS HELL in investigating the town of Phandalin from tailing people to asking questions. Their roleplay has improved greatly. OOC they're telling me how awesome and tense as fuck the entire portion of the adventure is. They are feeling a great sense of dread and tension as who to trust. Because of this amount of expectation they're having, it has pressured me to actually use this NPC they befriended early in the campaign.

Man, I dunno. It's gonna be a crazy session when I get to that. I might just make it Daran Edermarth, another well-liked NPC they have well-liked.
>>
>>49791121
Damn, sorry to hear.
No worries though, brah.
>>
>>49783417
>>49783987

The roll is for how well you say it. So if I was that DM and the player rolled a natural one - i would be like - your character starts giving the speeh as you said, except with several stutters per minute and unnatural pauses. I would have some of them be convinced by the wisdom of his words but have some disagree since he didn't say it as eloquently as possible.
>>
>>49790356

Bring someone you trust (maybe a brother or best bro) as a shill. During first session, find a realistic and natural way of killing his character off or screwing him over big time (you can even decide that he can be rowdy around your adventure area.) This would usually send a message around the table on how a big deal the campaign world is. It also outs the kind of people you want to weed out or keep by looking how they react to your shill player dying/getting screwed.

It's not foolproof though but I brought my brother to a Lost Mines run for newbies and there was this one newbie who changed the starter set Rogue to be this Chaotic Neutral Half-Elf who has this "I don't care for anyone. I'll go off alone" attitude which he told me during session 0. My brother joined as the Starter Set STR-based Fighter and during Goblin Arrows, the CN Half-Elf Rogue did as expected and even asked me "Can I not roll initiative? Cause I want to use this chance to use the wagon and flee from combat. Even if it means leaving my companions" I told him he must if he wants to cause he'd need to determine the turn of events that got him to mount on the wagon and use an action to drive the wagon out. He agreed.

From here I ran the encounter as usual and it killed my brother's Fighter. Being their first session in tabletop RPG ever, the light snuffed out of everyone's eyes as he fell in front of the Rogue. The Rogue OOC said "Wait, he died?! I Thought this is low level?" and on the next goblins turn, did a critical hit to him bringing him to a like around 5% of his max HP. The Cleric went on to heal him up on his turn after beatig up the goblin. Even then the Rogue still tried to use his turn but an AoO got to him. The Rogue ended up drawing blades and facing the goblin head on.

Ultimately, the Rogue now wants everyone to stick together and more than a month later, we're here in front of Wave Echo Cave and he's a much better player. Can be idiotic at times but hey.
>>
Epic Characters and Additional Archetypes added to the Mega. Awaiting upload.
>>
>>49790356
If in person, idk just invite friends that are reliable I guess, and keep in contact with your players outside of the game

Online, do the same but also have a one-on-one before you add them to your game
>>
>>49791410
They're uploading now under Rules and Classes respectively.
>>
>>49791204
I do get what you're saying too, and it could be cool that the BBEG was someone more familiar than some mastermind pulling the strings behind the scenes you only see once. Especially if your players are so invested.

In any case, maybe they're not that familiar with drow, but I thought the campaign had tons of hints that the bad guy was a drow, like the whole "black spider" thing, and running into some doppelgangers mimicking drows, and probably something else too. But if they haven't made that connection, then I suppose he could be someone else too. Or I guess it could be a twist that he wasn't a drow after all, and those hints were there just as a red herring.

It could be one of those merchants too. I don't know, you can probably figure out someone fitting. The problem with using the bandit is that they probably saved him on a whim, so it feels unlikely that he was behind it all. Well, and it does feel nice to be a hero who managed to redeem some bad guy.
>>
File: Elder Brain.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Elder Brain.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Elder Brain. Got longer than I expected, so I just made a PDF.

I hope you wanted a fucking boss monster, because that's what you got. It's terrifying.
>>
Did Lathander get statted up in previous editions? I don't remember.
>>
>>49791667
yes in faiths and pantheons
>>
>>49791642
Thanks, I wanted an aberrent/Far Realm BBEG.
>>
>>49791715
Fair warning. Your party is fucked unless they're careful and prepared and very lucky. It's got lair actions, legendary actions, and lots of innate spellcasting.

>>49791706
Thought so. Now I have to dig that one out of my collection.
>>
>>49790308
You want an Avatar of it, or just the actual, straight-up God?
>>
I've been kicking around an idea of an evil god of life and healing. It's kind of evolved into a cult devoted to preserving life at all costs.
>Templars roaming the countryside subduing heretics and sending them to labor camps for their natural lives.
>Priests keeping people alive beyond any quality of life.
>Pope/Bishops are all cancer ridden monstrosities.
>Capital punishment is being mind wiped and serving the church with no free will or personality.
What do you think?
>>
>>49791642
This is pretty fucking great.
>>
>>49791819
Up to you, mang. Surprise us.
>>
>>49791121
>Or 3,300 1gp prostitutes.
or 33,000 1 silver prostitutes
>>
>>49791706
And in Faiths and Avatars. 2e.
>>
>>49791894
Cool. Actual God stats it is. I sincerely hope your players never try to fight him, because fucking good luck.

>>49791910
Gives new meaning to the phrase "Gummed to death".
>>
>>49791819
Avatar form, if you please. Shouldn't fight gods in their whole form, it's just an exercise in retardation.
>>
>>49791965
I was going to make the statblock nothing but the word "GOD" over and over again. But, avatar works, too.
>>
>>49791965
CR30, or something more sane?
>>
>>49791987
Don't be that guy.
>>
>>49792022
Is still the goddamn avatar of a god.
>>
>>49792022
Go with CR 23. It's a bit higher than dragons, but not overbearingly so. Would still be able to trash most creatures in the game, too.
>>
>>49791642
Does it expend tendrils? Can tendrils be destroyed? Does it get less tendril attacks if it has less than 5 tendrils?
>>
>>49792092
Look at tendril regeneration. It regains 1d6, up to its max, at the start of each of its turns.
>>
>>49791642
Nobody is going to have fun fighting an enemy who has 5 PCs almost certainly stunned and grappled at all times
>>
>>49792022
>>49792074
CR 30 is the only sane number for an avatar.
>>
>>49792108
Yes, you silly cunt, but can it actually lose tendrils?
>>
>>49792143
Ah, good point. Should assign HP and AC values to tendrils. 15 and 10 respectively, I think.
>>
>>49792134
What are you stupid? Avatars have been put out as enemies for like level 10 parties in 2e. Avatars are specifically there for something that's meant to be beatable and yet still a significant blow to a god.
>>
>>49792127
Yeah, it's meant to make PCs have a very bad day.
>>
>>49792154
And can it make 5 tendril attacks with 1 tendril or does it need all 5?
>>
>>49792176
Needs one tendril for each attack. I'll put a new pdf out in a bit once I finish with Lathander for you fuckers.
>>
>>49792162
I want what you've been smoking. Please show us where that it is case. Have you even read through Faiths and Avatars?
Lathander's avatar in 2e is a Fighter 36, Cleric 25.
>>
>>49792162
Now folks, this is an example of a literal retard. Don't be him, kids.
>>
Tg, let me put your autistic mind at work

Other than Power Word : Kill how else can we kill a moon druid?

Aging curse has come to mind
>>
>>49792206
Faiths and avatars was literal garbage. Several modules had avatars of evil gods present and beatable.
>>
>>49792280
Hit it with a sword (the only reason it wouldn't work is because you use a retarded interpretation of rules that only flies on charop boards)
>>
>>49792302
literally what are you talking about?
>>
>>49792286
>denigrating one of the best 2e supplements.
Yeah, you're a goddamn moron and your opinion is automatically disregarded.

Also, citation needed.
Faiths and Avatars shows the stats of a god's avatar irrespective of the Time of Troubles.
>>
>>49792280
Disintegrate when his animal form is at low HP.
>>
>>49789921
Screen shot this. I hope its true. I hope....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRBl0GPBm4o
>>
What's the worst hombrew race/class for 5e? I want to pull a little prank on my DM tonight.
>>
>>49791410
Those are homebrew stuff , not professional??
>>
>>49792422

Almost everything here:

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Homebrew
>>
>>49792422
Worst as in mechanically horrible or worse as in Mary Sue as fuck?
Here's the latter
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Drakin_(5e_Race)
>>
>5e over 3.5

lmaooooooooooo kys
>>
>>49792475
>>
File: 1476349406900.png (80KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1476349406900.png
80KB, 500x501px
>>49792475
>>49792508
>>
>>49792508
im serious though
>>
>>49792464
>>49792464
What the fuck, it's like multiclassing without actually taking another class.
>>
>>49792422
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Meme_Master_(5e_Class)
>>
File: Darkest Dungeon memes.jpg (137KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest Dungeon memes.jpg
137KB, 500x449px
>>49792945
That would have been better without all those old memes.
>>
>>49793034
On the contrary, the capstone should be, "You gain ownership of all Castles, Fortresses, Lairs, Dungeons (Mega and otherwise), Cave Systems and bases previously owned by your enemies: they are on the way to destruction."
>>
File: 1578435_1470065831030_full.jpg (52KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
1578435_1470065831030_full.jpg
52KB, 736x490px
>>49792650
Literally the only thing I miss from 3e is bard not being a full caster.
>>
File: 85495_v1 (1).jpg (179KB, 470x357px) Image search: [Google]
85495_v1 (1).jpg
179KB, 470x357px
You know, I think you guys might have a little fun with this. Go ahead, browse through these and find your favorites. Be that theme-wise, balance-wise, or imbalance-wise and just... Slap 3 of them together.

If we get enough, I'll put together a straw poll and let you all vote for your favorite combination. Let's keep it simple though - Race/Class/Background only.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Races
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Classes
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/5e_Backgrounds
>>
>>49793181
I'm gonna go with Embodied Mouther ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Embodied_Mouther ) for my race. This gives me Multiattack from level 1 along with the attack 'Target of 5 feet get bitten for 2d6+ strength modifier of damage' so I think as a class I'm going to go with 'Kryptonian' ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Kryptonian ) to add on to my already decent unarmed attacks.

And as a background, I'm going with Buckaroo ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Buckaroo_(5e_Background) ) but more specifically, the sub-background of Rodeo Cowboy. I think the 'Git Along, Little Dogies' feature will really speak to my inner Kryptonian by allowing me to befriend my own superdog.
>>
>>49793181
>>49792945 here, I'll go for Flumph Meme Master with the Fourth Wall Breaker background.
It offers no specific combat bonus, but the power of memery is stronk and when I put on my mask I get to become a BIG GUY (large) FLUMPH, which is probably hilarious eckdsee
It's also hard to ignore telepathic meme spouting, deafness won't help, the only way out is unconsciousness, so I feel I'll not need to work hard to kill my enemies as they'll do the work for me due to my presence.

Not really into memes, but it's a strong character theme, I feel.
>>
>>49784210
Pretty much Charisma is supposed to be force of will, hell there's a reason Hitler had max Charisma has been a long standing meme.
>>
>>49792162
Waiting for this retard to post.
>>
I feel like "Defensive Duelist" isn't very strong for a feat slot, and fighters and rogues should just get it at some point.
>>
>>49793588
I'm not sure why it got nerfed from the playtest.

On your latter point, I like it being a feat, as it's a good thing in general for melee finesse types.
>>
File: 1393919215106.jpg (84KB, 922x421px) Image search: [Google]
1393919215106.jpg
84KB, 922x421px
So tonight I rolled up my first character: A Lightfoot Halfling Fighter.
We rolled 4d6, drop lowest. I ended up with (9,10,11,12,13,14, in that order, not even joking)

We're starting at Level 1 but I'm already eyeing to be Battle Master and being dex-based, since halfling. So I distributed as
(11,16,12,13,10,10) for (Str,Dex,Con,Int,Wis,Cha)

But after all this I noticed most of my fellow party members had a lot better stats. Even our pure casters have at least as good dex as me and better str/con (or all three)

How fucked am I/How can I best make use of what I've got?
I was used to Pathfinder so I thought small would give me an AC bonus, but apparently it's just going to make it so I have crappy weapons and get pushed around more easily.
>>
>>49793759
Addendum: House rule is no feats allowed, so those are out the window.
>>
>>49793759
Find a group that doesn't roll for stats.
>>
>>49793759
You should probably be allowed a reroll, or just take the standard array.

The standard array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) has a total ability modifier of +5 (+2+2+1+1+0-1). Yours is only +3 (+2+1+1+0+0-1), which puts you at a disadvantage.
>>
>>49793798
This, it may be the super old school way, but point buy has been a thing since mid-2e for a reason, and there's a reason arrays became a thing.
>>
>>49793962
>I got a great idea for a character
>Well, sorry, I hope it was lame, sickly, autistic thief
>>
>>49793818
>>49793798

I'll see if I can get the standard array, at least. My new DM seems pretty reasonable and it's taken me a year to find a group that's both friendly and fits my schedule.

If I can get that I'll probably just deal with crappier ranged weapons to have the higher dex. Although a strength based Halfling seems kind of hilarious, if inefficient.
>>
>>49794019
Pretty much.
I was so glad that pretty much every group I've played with has used, at the very least, point buy.
>>
So I'm working on the cosmology of my game, mixing concepts of Hinduism, Zen Buddhism, and Gnosticism.

I'm wondering if I really need things like the many other planes such as the elemental ones. Since all of Creation comprises these elements I figured elementals are just beings that are of one element more than others. Summoning them is manifesting them from the material around the caster rather than calling them from another plane.

Does this make sense or will it fuck things up?
>>
>>49783218
>Party is tailing an assassin with the help of a revenant buddy
>Come to a spooky underground vault with an edgy altar
>Hooded figure is there
>Attacks party with Palpatine lightening hands
>Secretly archmage that could wipe out entire party
>Lvl 7 wizard steps up
>Casts Eldritch Blast
>Nat 20
>Blasts archmage into dust
>>
File: 1444051417732.jpg (128KB, 580x800px) Image search: [Google]
1444051417732.jpg
128KB, 580x800px
>>49794334

>>Lvl 7 wizard steps up
>>Casts Eldritch Blast
>>
File: 1476350851636.jpg (21KB, 273x196px) Image search: [Google]
1476350851636.jpg
21KB, 273x196px
>>49794411
Someone forgot that magic initiate exists!
>>
>>49794334
>4d10 damage

that archmage rolled real shitty for HP.
>>
>>49794440
>>49794334
Why would you bother taking Eldritch Blast when you can't get the invocation that lets you add a modifier to it? To make split attacks with a cantrip?
>>
>>49794334
>>49794334
>>49794440
Eldritch blast would be worse in this scenario because each beam requires a separate roll, so at level 7 he'd need to roll two crits to get maximum damage rather than the single 20 if he were casting Firebolt.
>>
File: 1340433133397.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1340433133397.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
>>49794504
I'm getting my math confused a bit. This was a year ago, mind you. I distinctly remember the archmage having 99 HP though.
>>
>>49794504
>4d10
Unless he rolled two crits, it would be 3d10 damage. One of the beams would crit, and assuming the other beam hit, it would have been normal damage.
>>
>>49794440

With hex and EB at level 7 you would have had to roll two crits and roll max damage on each die just to do 56 damage, which admittedly is a lot for something with only 99 HP, but how did the party survive long enough to do at minimum 43 damage? It can turn itself invisible at will to force disadvantage on your attacks (and make it so that you can't use spells that require a target that you see, like Hex), cast shield to block any attack per turn that doesn't reach 20, and he cast mirror image to make you hit him less even further. He can do much more like putting up a wall of force, putting himself in a globe of invulnerability, or just fucking teleport away when he takes any kind of damage. He even could have just counterspelled the eldritch blast and nullified all of that damage.
>>
How the fuck does the Hide action in combat work?

I'm gonna have the PCs fight a boss in a completely dark room. The mob has the following feature:

Shadow Stealth. While in dim light or darkness, it can take the Hide action as a bonus action.

So every round it's in dim light or darkness it's going to try to Hide. Tell me if this is correct:

>Mob rolls Stealth vs every PC's Passive Perception. If he beats a PC's PP, they can't see it.

>On their turn, a PC can take a Perception roll as an... action? bonus action? free action? to try and beat the Stealth roll. They probably get advantage if another PC can point out their location or something.

>Whenever he attacks, he has advantage, and he breaks out of stealth.
>>
>>49783417
the campaign was giving me a bad vibe already
>>
>>49794560
Listen, that party was a bunch of bumbling morons stumbling across a continent full of machinations much larger than they could comprehend. They waltzed into this guy's lair and he had no idea who he was dealing with, so he just did some lightening hands to scare them off. How was I supposed to know our crazed Wizard/Sorcerer would roll a Nat 20 on his first turn?
>>
So do you guys use a grid or your imaginations for dealing with combat encounters
>>
>>49794566
Check out the Hiding sidebar on PHB pg. 177.

Of note
>can't hide from a creature that can see you
Even if they can hide as a bonus action, anyone with a torch or darkvision will be able to see him so he can't hide from them.
>>
>>49794595
I find that players get more creative when they don't have the grid to think about. That being said, it makes my job easier as DM to keep track of things when there's a grid.
>>
Volo's when.
>>
>>49794599
Dark vision counts as obscured, you can hide 5ft away from someone in the dark even with dark vision.
>>
>>49794609
Official release is November 15th, early release is probably November 8th.
>>
>>49794594

If someone with 20 int who has lived long enough to be an 18th level spellcaster loses more than a third of his health in one round, then he's probably going to pull out every stop to save his life.
>>
>>49794616
Oh what.. I thought it was October 15th I've been hype all week.
>>
>>49794615
Darkvision makes total darkness act as dim light, which is only *lightly* obscured. You can still see in it, you just have disadvantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks to see stuff in it. A big effect if you're searching around in the darkness for traps or secret doors, not so much in combat.
>>
>>49794620
Not when our Wizard killed him in one shot. Again, my memory is fuzzy, he could have been higher than 7th lvl, maybe 9th, but he was still in single digits when he pulled that shit.
>>
>>49789863

That is a BBEG for a party of 1s, not level 5s. That thing needs to have them save vs at least 2d12, and have 120 or more HP
>>
>>49794615
Check page 177 of the PHB again.
>>
>>49794628
You can hide in lightly obscured can't you? Or is that just an elf thing.
>>
>>49794628
>>49794599
Still some of the people in the party don't have Darkvision (and you can still get away from torches).
Can it hide from some but not all?

And what's most intriguing: does it still need to pass a check when it's in complete darkness and it's basically invisible?

These rules are pretty confusing. I mean, if the only time when you can hide is when you cannot be seen, why have to roll at all? You literally can not be seen already.
>>
>>49794696
I'm actually super confused now. The manual says that Searching is an action.

So the BBEG can attack, and as a bonus action, hide. If he rolls well enough (over their PP), on their turns they will have to spend their action looking for him (and hoping they can beat his check). If they find him and can somehow attack him with their bonus action (for example, Two-Weapon-Fighters) they will attack at a disadvantage since he must be in some kind of obscuring terrain. If they don't find him, they won't be able to attack. Ditto if they have no way of making bonus action attacks.

This seems unbelievably broken.

>>49794646 That's for Wood Elves and Lightfoot Halflings under certain conditions I believe
>>
>>49794740
Another question is: does lighting up the square the BBEG is in remove his Hidden status?

If so, his Hide is mostly useless because he can't really attack with his claws without coming out of the darkness (unless he casts one of his spells or something).
That also raises the question of coming out of (hidden) cover to backstab somebody. If the previous question's answer was yes, by RAW if you take a step out of the bushes you were hiding in (thus leaving cover) in order to stab some schmuck, you're no longer hidden.
>>
>>49794696
I always interpreted it as you cannot hide from someone who sees you hide.

That is, you may technically be visible, but if they don't make the perception check to see you hide (Presuming you're not just in their line of sight) then you are considered hidden.
>>
>>49794777
So you can hide in plain sight then?

Forgive me for being pedant, but as the rules are written they either lead you to absurd conclusions, or leave a lot to DM fiat (which I do not want, because it's the end boss and if they die they're going to feel cheated)
>>
>>49794837
Not that guy but if anyone could hide in plain sight it wouldn't be a class feature
>>
>>49794837
Hide in Plain Sight requires camouflage (which takes a minute to create) to blend in with. Without that, you need something to make yourself not visible (and make sure you don't make noise). This can be anything from Invisibility to a barrel that blocks your vision.

Think about it a bit like guards in video games- You can quickly move between cover to stay hidden/hide, but if they see where you go your position is given away.
>>
>>49794852
Yes, I know. That contradicts his rule.
That's what I mean when I say RAW do not make sense. You can only Hide when you're hidden.
>>
>>49794696
> if the only time when you can hide is when you cannot be seen, why have to roll at all?

If you are hidden, you cannot be attacked. If you aren't hidden but are invisible/in the dark, you can be attacked, but at disadvantage. Being hidden repressents the enemy losing track of yor position.
>>
>>49794890
Hiding is for making people lose track of you. An invisible creature keeping quiet to hide their position, a rogue ducking around a corner while the rest of the party keeps the enemy busy so he can get in a well-placed arrow, and so on.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 251x201px
build him
>>
File: HNNNNNGH.png (142KB, 385x316px) Image search: [Google]
HNNNNNGH.png
142KB, 385x316px
>>49791931
Please anon, do finish it.
>>
File: bagofholding2_final.jpg (26KB, 436x584px) Image search: [Google]
bagofholding2_final.jpg
26KB, 436x584px
>party gets bag of holding
>dm takes it away and the items/ money we had in it week later
>look up the costs online
>2,500 gp for cheapest
pls tell me this is inaccurate. i just want to be able to carry stuff.
>>
What is the consensus on the best/worst classes right now?
I'd say the best are Wizard Cleric Druid (in no particular order), and the worst Champion Fighter, Sorcerer and Monk
>>
NEW THREAD >>49795373

NEW THREAD >>49795373

NEW THREAD >>49795373
>>
>>49792286
In 3e a divine avatar wasn't significantly less powerful than the deity itself.

The phrase you're thinking of is "aspect".
>>
>>49786007
>>49785577
Yeah, it really has. I came here hoping for stories from Storm Kings Thunder and interesting tales from the table as well as rules discussions.
>>
>>49789978
It better damn well have proficiency in Disguise Kit.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.