[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 373
Thread images: 78

File: Best General2.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General2.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Tactical Dreadnaught Edition

>Rules
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale old PDFs
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
>>49775463
>Tactical Dreadnaught Edition
Newcomer here, why that edition?
>>
Second for nerf haywire and add a squad-based ap3 special/heavy item and make plasmas more expensive
>>
>>49775609
Should make grav more expensive
>>
>Tau player's face when you destroy their riptide with a single unit of Splinter Cannon toting Scourges.
>>
File: f1MKiw8.gif (3MB, 480x270px)
f1MKiw8.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>49775609
>plasmas more expensive
Not just more expensive, change their price depending on the army. Plasma is considerably less worth it for guard than it is SM.
>>
>>49775498
>why that edition?

Welcome to 40k General.
Where editions don't matter and no one knows what they are talking about.
>>
What's your favorite guard regiment?
>>
What are major achievements of the Dark Angels? They seem pretty shit.
>>
File: 1364970050323.png (1MB, 1701x1080px)
1364970050323.png
1MB, 1701x1080px
>Age of the Emperor is released
>Chaos inevitably tears through the Imperial defenses and kills Emps causing the setting to end
>Emps reborn as Star Child, resurrects all the dead primarchs
>Sanguinius made new Warmaster since metaphysical Emps has to fight Chaos in the warp
>Setting is reborn as the birth of a new god resets the galaxy
>At the forefront are the glorious golden boys led by Space Vampire Jesus himself
>Sanguinary Guard and Sanguinor posterboys of AoE

Is this what you want anons?
>>
>>49775735
>Not just more expensive, change their price depending on the army. Plasma is considerably less worth it for guard than it is SM.
>what are plasma vets
>>
>>49775609
So you can pay even more points to get hot?
>>49775831
Catering to the gaybros
>>
>>49775834
I'd be ok with all of this.

In fact, I would give GW even more money if they did do this
>>
>>49775819
I'm basically the equivalent of an ultramarine player, but Cadian (specially 8th). It's the regiment equivalent of Ollanius Pius. Dudes standing at the edge of the most dangerous thing in the universe and not running.

>>49775836
4+ not 3+ save you have to pay for on top of that + less toughness so they're paper thin, worse guns supporting them
>>
File: 1413578902006.png (160KB, 200x343px)
1413578902006.png
160KB, 200x343px
>>49775834
As long as no one gets squatted like last time.
>>
>>49775633

Grav already costs a shit ton. All wargear needs to be reduced in cost and if grav is too strong simply don't make it so available.

The problem is strong guns are both cheap AND plentiful. Grav is 35 points per gun.
>>
>>49775874
Like who? Brets? They're still there. Tomb Kings? They're getting a reboot due to being too similar to VC.

Nobody has been squatted. L2SHITPOST.
>>
>>49775870
>4+ not 3+ save you have to pay for on top of that + less toughness so they're paper thin, worse guns supporting them
Cheaper bodies aren't always a bad thing, leaves you more room for guns and transports.
>>
>>49775834
>/v/ meme reaction image
>shitpost text

Uh-huh.
>>
Sorry for the repost. Going to be starting a Deathwatch army soon and decided to come up with an army list to help base what models to purchase first and build from there. Wanted to garner some thoughts to see if I've got the right idea of how to form an army with this faction

+++DeathWatch+++

++HQ++

Watch Master 200 pts
-Teleport Homer
-Digital Weapons
-Melta Bombs

++Elites++

Terminators 285 pts
(2) Assault cannon/PF, (1) Stormbolter/PW, (1) Heavy flamer/PF w/ aux melta, (1) Stormbolter/PF with cyclone

Venerable Dreadnought 140pts
-Twin linked Lascannon

++Troops++

Veterans 145 pts
(2) Shotgun/bolter, (1) Infernum Heavy bolter, (1) bolter/power weapon, (1) bolter/chainsword

Veterans 275 pts
(1) Black shield with heavy thunder hammer, (1) shotgun/SS, (1) heavy thunder hammer, (1) power weapon/SS, (1) flamer/power weapon
-Drop pod

Veterans 250 pts
(2) stalker bolter/chainsword, (2) frag cannon/chainsword, (1) plasma gun/chainsword
-razorback w/ TL heavy bolter

++Fast Attack++

Bikers 205pts
(4) power weapon, (1) chainsword, (1) chainsword w/ meltabombs

Plan is to pod in the watchmaster with the close combat squad and rely on the beacon to deep strike the terminators to deal with any infantry and maybe pop a vehicle or two.
Razorback delivers the heavy team to where they need to be with the footsloggers covering the rear with the dreadnought. I'm not sure how to best use bikers but I love the look of the models so I want to give them a try. Also love the fact that all deathwatch termies can take heavy weapons
>>
File: 1475032486780.png (127KB, 230x329px)
1475032486780.png
127KB, 230x329px
Hey all, I've got a fun escalation tournament I'm going to that will span a few months. 5 games in total: starting at 600 points, and growing by 350 points every 2 weeks. Matches are paired randomly, and game types are all custom. There's going to be a wide range of opponents, so I could expect anything from any army. Including GSC, as someone is finishing up their horde. Super heavies, gargantuan creatures, and LoW choices can't take up more than 33% of total points used, so I don't really have to worry about that. Won't fit mathematically until later games. Models chosen in the early lists must still be present in later lists, but upgrades can change. Models may be reconfigured into a formation or Decurion once throughout the tournament, no more than 2 sources of materials for your armies. (So no IG+SM+IQ, or something like codex tyranids, shield of baal, and rising leviathan).

With all that out of the way, here's what I'm gunning for: I want to start off strong in the lower points and build up a force that will be difficult to remove with low points. From there I can just expand what I have, and at the higher points I can thrive, as I'm exceptionally good at high points games.

I've got 2 paths: the one I'm about to post, and swapping an end mawloc for a second hive crone/harpy somewhere down the line. I would have to re-tool the assassins formation or remove it, as its just grabbing objectives and guiding the 2 mawlocs, so the synergy would be lost. I have an unbuilt hive crone kit I can bring. As well as a slew of other critters and like 20 carnifex if I wanted.

(1/2)
>>
>>49775884
Still, even at 35 points it puts out a shitload of hurt for what it costs. I'd say 45 points is more balanced, or keeping it the same, removing the salvo and making the cannons heavy and the guns rapid fire.
>>
>>49775722

It takes 45 splinter shots to kill 5 MEQ. You'd need twice or more that to down a riptide with FnP.
>>
>>49775895
If you are going to tell everyone about what comes out of your ass, why don't you just upload a picture of a steaming pile of bullshit.
>>
File: 20150820_170250_zps7uqyxhsl.jpg (226KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20150820_170250_zps7uqyxhsl.jpg
226KB, 1024x576px
>>49775916

(2/2)

Flyrant
30 fleshborer gaunts
Tervigon
Venomthrope

Flyrant
Harpy
30 fleshborer gaunts
Tervigon
Venomthrope
Mawloc

Flyrant
Cc flyrant
Hive crone
Harpy
30 fleshborer gaunts
Tervigon
Mawloc
Venomthrope

Flyrant
Cc flyrant
Hive crone
Harpy
Mawloc
Mawloc
Venomthrope
Malanthrope
Tyrannocyte
30 fleshborer gaunts
Tervigon

Flyrant
Cc flyrant
Hive crone
Harpy
Mawloc
Mawloc
Venomthrope
Malanthrope
Tyrannocyte
30 fleshborer gaunts
Tervigon
Deathleaper's Assassination Brood
(deathleaper + 5×1 lictors)
Any glaring weaknesses at the various levels? How do you think I will fair? Any changes I should consider? Upgrades stay pretty consistent throughout the lists.

Tervigon grabs crushing claws, electroshock grubs, and cluster spines on and off to fill out points, harpy has cluster spines and stranglethrorn cannons always, flyrant has TL Devs and e-grubs, cc flyrant has lwbs and various upgrades throughout the lists. Everything else comes stock.
>>
>>49775834
If they had to mix up the lore, my personal idea has always been

>Tyranids break open Terra, destroying the golden throne
>Empruh breaks free from the heretics running the imperium but is shattered into a thousand pieces
>Big E's shards try and reunite the empire but the ecclesiarchy and more devout followers simply see it as heresy/false prophet
>Tyranid activity settles down to merely being dangerous, the emperor was giving them a psychic beacon to try and free himself
>Eldar get fucked up by Eldrad fuckery and turned into warpstuff, now akin to warp beings that wage an eternal endless war against Slaanesh
>Necrons unchanged
>Tau relatively unchanged
>Orks in heaven due to fightin' everywhere
>>
>>49775870
They have more bodies for MUCH MUCH cheaper allowing you to spend the points on more plasma, they have a better transport as well.

Worse toughness doesn't matter much when half of what's coming your way is at least s6 p2 these days.
>>
>>49775918
>and making the cannons heavy
Centurions still won't give a fuck
>and the guns rapid fire.
Instead of Salvo, yep.
>>
File: rex.jpg (29KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
rex.jpg
29KB, 600x620px
So lads. The Watch Master (Commander?) is an amazing model. There is a Relic of a Storm Shield. Now, obviously, it's totally ineffective in terms of a game to put it on the Watch Master, but I want to do it so I can make an amazing conversion.

So, what should I do? I was wanting the Watch Commander to be 'planting' the Storm Shield in the ground, with him hunching down aiming his Guardian Spear.

How can I do this? What should I use?

What about this shield?
>>
>>49775918
>costs more than a terminator to put a single gun on a marine

You're a fucking retard, just nerf grav.
>>
>>49775972

Kneeling marine legs exist.
>>
File: brets.jpg (67KB, 528x960px)
brets.jpg
67KB, 528x960px
>>49775935
Whoa, just cause you're ignorant, mate, doesn't mean others are.

As for TK, the book Lord of Undeath has entire areas of Egyptian Architecture, and in the book... err... I can't remember, the one where that Khorne guy is trying to become a Varanguard, destroys two of the Necrosphinxes. They're not gone, or they'd not be mentioned.
>>
>>49775943
>addresses pretty much all factions
>except Chaos and specifically Abby and the EoT campaign, the focal point of the """"modern"""" fluff
>>
>>49775968
Cents with cannons are fine, they destroy armored things like nobody's business but they also cost a lot and need to have the list built around them so they can get into a drop pod. The real issue is grav cannons on tactical and dev squads in a battle company.
>>
>>49775996
They do, I know about that, I was specifically looking for on how to deal with the Storm Shield and the Guardian Spear aiming. Could I just flip it around and add some green shit?
>>
File: 1461777636651.png (11KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461777636651.png
11KB, 800x600px
>>49776004
I aint gonna touch chaos. Chaos aint going to change without a McGuffin or total annihilation of living things. Wasn't even meant to be comprehensive.
>>
Here's an idea.

what if... we made all grav-weapons ap-?
The better your armour save the easier it is to make it crush you but at the same time good armor isn't just going to cave in on you, right?
>>
>>49775928
Statistically yes.
>>
>>49776010
True.
>>
>>49776004

It's my headcanon that the emperor wasn't supposed to die in the heresy. He was supposed to be put in the chair because if he died, he'd ascend into the warp, and if he lived, he'd continue doing his thing. Instead, Tzeentch plotted to put him into being not truly alive or dead to take him out of the picture, and ultimately fuck over the imperium by summoning the Nids to their doorstep.
>>
>>49776033
So it'd be pointless at its job?
>>
>>49776033
Heh, the WAACfags would instantly throw away their grav weapons and go back to plasma.
>>
File: 1476407245344[1].jpg (44KB, 600x620px)
1476407245344[1].jpg
44KB, 600x620px
Any advice on DIY banner bearers ? I want one in each squad for fluff purposes without buying multiple minis or those shit-tier looking backpack banners.

Figured out one for Terminators already, need one for stuff in power armor.
>>
>>49776046
I like the idea of saints being faith in the emperor made manifest, aka atheist order chaos daemons that hate chaos.

THE EMPEROR IS MALAL, WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
>>
>>49776054
It's still one of the best anti-tank options, maybe give it ignores cover?
>>
>>49775943
>Emperor splitting disturbs the reign of Chaos gods considerably
>Tau just happens to 'perfect' cloning technology just in the right time
>With no direct Nurgle or Tzcheench interference and the whole galaxy in flames Tau makes huge landgrabs and becomes moderately big player with their souless clone armies
>>
>>49775831
>Second most successful legion
>Singlehandedly saved the northern Imperium during the Great Crusade
>Shut down the Alpha Legion and the Night Lords during the Heresy at the cost of their own reputation
>Captured many traitor Marines
>Arguably the most powerful ship in the Imperium
>Only chapter with a canonically confirmed living Primarch
>Primarch has best record among loyalists against other Primarchs, having successfully helped Russ find his place and Kurze understand the value of loyalty
>Ensured the rights of other Space Marine chapters against the high-handed and selfish Black Templars
>Most colour schemes in a single Legion
>Gay
>>
>>49775997
You are aware that sign was by a bunch of old Bretonnia models, right?

It was a display cabinet for fantasy models. It is most likely still there.

If they were staying, their lines would not have been cut. At least not anything plastic or Finecast.
Some of the boxes that are kept were no older than anything in the Bretonnia or Tomb King range.

The fact their entire lines were cut means the armies are gone for good. There may be something SIMILAR coming at some point, maybe, but that is all they will be. Something else entirely that has one or two small similarities.
>>
>>49775978
>implying terminators are appropriately priced
this (you) goes to the real retard
>>
>>49776077

That's basically what they are, at least the more notable ones like Celestine. No, ESPECIALLY Celestine. Current fluff has her showing up, beating face, and leaving.

Like, imagine you and your battle brothers are fighting, but you know you're losing. You keep giving it your all, ready to die for the emperor, then out of nowhere this missile cuts through the enemy lines leaving nothing but charred remains. Seeing the opportunity, you rally your brothers and charge through in the wake of whatever happened, then you see it. There's a figure cutting through heretics like butter, radiating divine energy that gives you hope that the Enemy will fall this day.
>>
>>49776033
That would make it one of the worst weapons in the game against non-vehicles.

Chance of inflicting unsaved Wound on models per successful hit:
6+ sv ~14%
5+ sv ~22%
4+ sv 25%
3+ sv ~22%
2+ sv ~14%

It would weirdly be most effective against models with mid-range saves and worse as it approached the high and lows.
>>
>>49775831
Have one of the most powerful fortress fleet things in The Rock. Were among the greatest legions in the Great Crusade being top three in number of planets done along with Sons Of Horus and Space Wolves. Managed to stop the vast majority of an entire subgroup of traitors. Have the best fast style units in the Inperium in Ravenwing and best Terminators in Deathwing. Their Primarch embarrassed Leman Russ in a fight.

>>49775819
Gaunt's Ghosts. Tanith First And Only. Not sure if they count, but I am a big fan of the whole "beating things far stronger than them" without resorting to Mary Sue shit.

>>49775834
Nah. I don't want an exactly Chaos Chaos Chaos ending again. Especially not with 40k that has Tyranids also established as a very powerful threat with Necrons and Orks being potential very powerful threats. Not to mention AoS style alliances between Imperium/Ork/Eldar/Dark Eldar won't make any sense in 40k.

40k End Times should be triggered by all main Tyranid Fleet showing up and Daemon Primarchs/greater daemons like Doombreed and that crazy Tzeentch dude showing up, and all Necron worlds awakening. True end times level shit with no Bretonnia tier fuckboy ending.
>>
>>49776154
>>Only chapter with a canonically confirmed living Primarch
Hurr durr, what are Ultramarines
>Gay
I kekked
>>
>>49776156
Yes? Read the fluff piece, anon.
>>
Guard and Cult players or literally anyone. When making my neophyte hybrid squad should I take upgrades like the banner? I was just going to have it be 7 guys with bolters, 1 leader and 2 heavy mining lasers.
>>
File: MICROWAVE CASSEROLE.jpg (211KB, 938x917px) Image search: [Google]
MICROWAVE CASSEROLE.jpg
211KB, 938x917px
>>49776192
>Daemon Primarchs
Then it has already begun.
>>
>>49776238
Don't give them any upgrades at all. Take the bare minimum to save points for more Magi. Use the Magi to summon free squads with max upgrades.

Also what the fuck do you mean "bolters".
>>
no torrent of this baby up yet?
>>
Mark my words, Abaddon will be bailed out of Cadia by the Daemon Primarchs as Magnus and his boys assault the webway under Terra, chaos will swarm the Imperium but not get close to Terra. Dorn will be revealed to have been leading the Custodes in the war in the webway.
>>
If Chaos actually does get back to Terra during this... wouldn't that be kind of fucking boring?

Like, okay, we've literally already done this whole Siege of Terra thing with the same guys before, round 2 isn't offering much more and also most of the interesting characters from last time are dead now.

Tyranids invading Terra would be much more fresh and original.
>>
>>49776258
I goofed, i meant to say auto guns but that popped into my mind. So literally just 10 of them without anything. This is me building the pack so eventually I'll just want to have some models with the upgrades for when I summon them right?
>>
>>49776235
You are really going to need more than a single "fluff" piece to justify a model cabinet to prove that GW are working on anything to do with Bretonnia.

Hell, since that one mention about the egyption themed stuff, there has been exactly 0 mentions of anything similar. It isn't just their job to write up roles for new stuff, they also need to give an occasional mention to something that resembles the old so it "makes sense" for people to play them.

Squats have been acknowledged in 40k again, does that mean they are coming back?
>>
>>49776188
So lower it's points cost, remember the cannon can reroll failed wounds/glaces.
>>
>>49776202
>Hurr durr, what are Ultramarines
Guilliman is in stasis at the point of death. He's not alive or dead.
>>
File: 1476407969605.jpg (843KB, 3460x439px)
1476407969605.jpg
843KB, 3460x439px
>>49775463
Hello kids, can you kindly help me decipher this image - are the eldar looking motherfuckers on the right 40 k custodes or are they eldar?

because why would eldar be in a panorma of the emperor and his finest finest
>>
>>49776344
They're the sisters of silence, an all female anti-psyker force.
>>
>>49776344
Thats an Ork anon! Cant you see it?! ITS AN ORK WARBOSS WITH PURPLE FACE PAINT! RIGHT THERE, IN THE MIDDLE!
>>
>>49776304
Yes, exactly. Just save up all your extra Neophyte bits and once you have like 6-8 boxes you'll be ready to build 3 or 4 fully kitted summoned squads in addition to the vanilla ones.
>>
>>49776315
You still end up with a gun that isn't really good at anything.
>>
>>49776357
wait, so all the characters on the right are sisters of silence?

Even the axe and dog people?
>>
Phosphor blaster or cognis flamer for Kataphron Destroyers in a general Radmech list?
>>
>>49776407
Yes. http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Sisters_of_Silence Look at all of the pretty pictures.
>>
just starting out and bought 30 of these AoBR Ork Boyz to use in Kill Team, but can't figure out which clan they belong to. can't decide between Evil Sunz or Bad Moonz.
>>
>>49776432
Noice, thanks anon, for a second I was worried the custodes had got a really awful fashion sense in the 41st millenium
>>
>>49776303
>Tyranids invading Chaos-Terra would be much more fresh and original.

fixed that for you.
>>
>>49776393
Except fucking up walkers and transports and lowering the initiative of big monsters to 1.
>>
>>49776489

>Tryanids invading the Chaos/Imperium battle for Terra would be much more fresh and original.

Fixed that fix
>>
>>49776373
thank you based anon
>>
>>49776243
Yup. I for sure believe that this is the upcoming "End Times" for 40k. That's why even the SOB will finally get upgrades.
>>
>>49776522
And crashing the shit out of Flyers.

Actually now that I think about it... Scatter Lasers are considered stupid good because they're 4 shots at Strength 6 yes, even though they have basically no AP?

So a Grav-Cannon against T4 2+ models, EVEN IF YOU TAKE AWAY THE AP, is effectively a scatter laser with an extra shot, and concussive, and shred. Holy fuck.

Against T4 3+ sv guys it's effectively a Heavy Bolter with 2 extra shots, concussive, shred. What the fuck.

Why is grav so fucking good who allowed this??
>>
So I took the advice that was given to me a couple months ago and dropped my Deathwing Knights for the Ven Dread.
Since then I also beefed up the regular Bike Squads and added Attack Bikes to them so now I can combat squad them out of the formation.
The extra 250pts since the 1000pts I started with has been better.
Having a lot more bodies has helped my army a lot.
Mostly playing against my Dark Eldar, Tyranid and Imperial Fists.
I have my first match against CSM this weekend and I know he plays a nurgle based army so hopefully we will get a good game in.
This is the 1250pt list I am bringing for our game.

Deathwing Strike Force

Terminator Armour Librarian (130pts)
>Foe Smiter, Force Axe

Five Deathwing Command Squad Terminators (250pts)
>Cyclone Missile Launcher, Deathwing Apothecary, Deathwing Company Banner

Venerable Dreadnought (160pts)
>Multi-Melta, Powerfist, Drop Pod

Ravenwing Attack Squadron #(310pts)

6-man Ravenwing Bike Squad and an Attack Bike (235pts)
>2 Grav Gun, Combi-Grav, Heavy Bolter on the Attack Bike

Ravenwing Land Speeder (75pts)
>Typhoon Missile Launcher

Ravenwing Attack Squadron #2(115pts)

Ravenwing Attack Bike (55pts)
>Multi-Melta

Ravenwing Land Speeder (60pts)
>Multi-Melta

Ravenwing Attack Squadron #3(285pts)

6-man Ravenwing Bike Squad and an Attack Bike (235pts)
>2 Grav Gun, Combi-Grav, Heavy Bolter on the Attack Bike

Ravenwing Land Speeder (50pts)
>Heavy Bolter
>>
>>49776649
Scatter lasers are considered good because because they're cheap and you can spam them on an amazing platform.
>>
>>49776173
>Shit is that Draigo?
>I hope it's not Draigo.
>Oh, it's a woman?
>Was hoping for the Legion of the Damned.
>>
>>49776753
What units are the Necron bringing?

Are they in Decurion?
>>
What units do guard have to deal with necron shenanigans?
>>
>>49776649
They're expensive, vaguely short-ranged and most units which can take them aren't relentless.

Still OP, but they at least have downsides.
>>
>>49776653
You're better off taking a Battle Company than a Deathwing crew if you can't get them a land raider or some kinda transport. That Ravenwing will kick ass though maybe take a squad of Command and/or Black Knights in there, too.
>>
File: 9MhKH6J.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
9MhKH6J.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
This thread needs OPERATOR MARINES.
>>
>>49776770
Artillery/tanks. Lots of them while you have conscripts or something tarpitting.
>>
>>49775834

I think an interesting ending would be:

>Leman Russ retrieves tree of life from warp to cure emperor
>Magnus steals it from him
>Black Crusade succeeds, Terra falls to Chaos
>Emperor is killed, Abaddon attempts to seize control of the Imperium
>Lorgar shows up, kills Abaddon(the guy served his purpose to the gods), proclaims himself the God-Emperor
>steals the Emperor's body and sits on the Golden Throne in his place
>deceives countless loyalists into believing he is the Star Child and the true Emperor returned, through his psychic emanations
>hailed as a hero for "stopping" the Black Legion, rules the Imperium but is secretly controlled by the Chaos Gods and corrupts the entirety of its leadership
>conspires to have then entire galaxy to fall to Chaos
>Tzeentch is jealous of the other three gods backing Emperor Lorgar, so he secretly releases Magnus's soul
>Magnus uses tree of life to resurrect the Emperor as a new warp god, becoming a Daemon(Angel?) Prince of the Emperor
>new Imperial civil war between two Daemon Primarchs, both backed by Tzeentch, one backed by the other three and the other one backed by the ascended Emperor
>Emperor's faction hopelessly outnumbered, Chaos is about to overwhelm the galaxy
>the Eldar sacrifice themselves to stop Chaos, their final battle summoning Ynnead to save their race in the process
>new galactic balance of power: Chaos Imperium of Lorgar, Loyalist Imperium, Redeemed Eldar, with Tau manipulated as a weapon by Eldar to fight Chaos
>Necrons rebuild their empire with everyone else preoccupied, become a thorn in the Eldar's side
>most of the galaxy is in ruins, most human worlds fall to Orks and other xenos in the mayhem
>and then the main Tyranid fleet arrives
>>
>>49776167

Hey idiot, Terminators are overpriced and the suggestion you're defending COSTS EVEN MORE THAN THAT. The fact that Terminators aren't properly costed is a DETRIMENT to your own argument. You are proposing a point cost that costs EVEN MORE than an OVERCOSTED, SHITTY UNIT.

Hopefully the caps lock helps your retarded brain understand, although from the looks of it you're too fucking stupid to even find the shift key.
>>
>>49776935

Terminators aren't overpriced. AP2 and bikes are underpriced.
>>
>>49775633
No, give grav the same rules as 30k grav
Then grav is fine

>>49775819
Tallarn

>>49775884
>Grav CANNONs is 35 points per gun.
Guns are 15 points

>>49775913
Use the detachment that lets you deep strike everything, adjust list as needed.

Your vets can obliterate pretty much anything but 2+ saves and vehciles with their basic bolters. Consider the two shot sniper rifles if you are going to deploy your guys
After that cover the holes in the list by adding other stuff. One reasonably dedicated melee unit is enough.

>>49776064
This is true
So fuck them and do it anyone. Imagine the butthurt.
>>
>>49776935
Wow, such rage. Do you always get this angry when you're proven wrong?
>>
Where does it say that Horrors automatically get Flickering Fire, but can also roll on Malediction for the Primaris and something else? I must be blind.
>>
Is it true that Riptides are Tau's TEQ?
>>
>>49776889
A Battle Company at 1250?

I changed up the Deathwing to be less points and more shooty than I had before .

Most likely I will expand into a Ravenwing Strike Force with their little Death Star but I am not to interested in a pile of tactical marines and an armful of transports.
>>
>>49776947
this. power creep strikes again
>>
How does my list look, room for any improvements?

Lost Brotherhood Strike Force 2000pt

>HQ Astorath, Redeemer of the Lost 165pts

Death Company Strike Force
>Death Company Chaplin 125pts
>5x Death Company Marine 3x Thunderhammer, Jump Packs, Stormraven Gunship dedicated transport. 405pts
>14x Death Company Marine, 3x Powerfist, Jump Packs. 397pts
>5x Death Company Marine, Jump Packs. 115pts
>Death Company Dreadnought, Blood Talons. 135pts

Luficer Armored Task Force
>Techmarine 50pts
>Land Raider Crusader, Multi-Melta. 260pts
>3x Baal Predator Squadron. 345pts

All together that's 1997pts. The my plan for the Thunderhammers is to get them in with the Stormraven and take out enemy vehicles fast.
>>
>>49776987
The point is that you're spending too many points for that dakka in terms of shooty Termis. Like even a 1 HQ 2 Troops CAD can potentially do more damage without costing as much thanks to how much Heavy/special weapons cost/work.
>>
File: Aquila.jpg (357KB, 3543x1343px) Image search: [Google]
Aquila.jpg
357KB, 3543x1343px
>>49776192
Can the good guys just win for once?
>>
>>49777120
In the grim darkness of the future there is only NO!

Actually, I honestly think the Emperor and humanity could be victorious.
>>
>>49777120
>Imperium is the good guys
lol
>good guys winning in the setting that literally spawned the fucking term "grimdark"
LOL
>>
>>49776461
Well, they're not on bikes or trukks, so not Evil Sunz
>>
>>49777120
In 40k? Fuck that.
>>
>>49777120
That would require there to be a definite 'good guys' faction. In the Forty-first Millennium everyone is a dick.
>>
>>49777161
>>Imperium is the good guys
>lol

They're the good guys of the setting, when you factor in what the setting actually is.

They'd be a super-evil fascist dictatorship in a modern setting, but in 40K they're probably the least evil out of all of them (Tau don't count, because they are completely unaware of what the reality of the Milky Way Galaxy actually is, especially regarding Chaos and Tyranids).
>>
>>49777247
The Imperium is the defender of 99.9% of humanity. They are "the good guys".
>>
>>49776600
Just like Bretonni- oh wait.
>>
>>49777297
>implying Orks aren't the least evil

All they want is a good fight.

>The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn? And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.
>>
>>49777339
>SoB haven't even had a book in 4 (four) editions
>>
>>49777347
Just this. No new units or models though.
>>
>>49777304
You only say that because you are human yourself and they're the most relatable.
>>
>>49777304
Well yes, but they're only the good guy to humanity, just like to the Tau they're the good guys, so there is no universal good guy.
>>
>>49776890
>carrying the geneseed of his fallen brothers on the front of his chestplate
you wut mate?
>>
>>49777398
What the hell would a "universal good guy" be? What does that even mean.

>>49777373
No shit? The survival of the human species is inherently good.
>>
>>49777304
The Imperium is also responsible for the majority of human death and suffering, so it kind of balances out.
>>
>>49777161
>>49777247
>The Imperium
>not the good guys
What fucking species am I talking to?
>>
>>49777420
>not wanting to get splattered in your preferred battle bro's precious geneseed
>>
File: 1475530331107.jpg (55KB, 383x524px)
1475530331107.jpg
55KB, 383x524px
>>49777435
>>
>>49777367

The last physical book they had was Witch Hunters. The last print they had was the god awful WD pamphlet.
>>
>>49777435
You need to read more 40k fluff, newfriend. There are almost NO "good guys" in the setting. The number of actually decent Imperials is dwarfed by a magnitude of 3245676543 to 1 compared to the sociopathic, mass-murdering, greedy, corrupt, tyrannical fucking psychos.
>>
>>49777504
The common, decent guardsman is the average Imperial.
>>
If I take summoning on my Horrors, they don't get Flickering Fire, right?
>>
>>49777435
>the xenophobic, tyrannic, religious zealots who frequently kill the populations of entire planets are the "good guys"
I think you may have missed the point of 40k.
>>
>>49777504
The leadership on almost all levels is inept, greedy and corrupt, the average everyday citizen is not.

And of course we only care what the Good Guys for humanity are. There is no such thing as a universal good guy. You are human aren't you?
>>
File: _IG_.jpg (340KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
_IG_.jpg
340KB, 1920x1080px
>>49777504
I don't mean every single human out of dozens of quadrillions
of people are good, but that for the most part at least in my own
opinion the Imperium in GENERAL are the good guys of 40k.
because they fight for the greater goodof humanity
>>
>>49777573
>Having xenophobic, tyrannic, religious zealots that frequently kill the populations of entire planets as overlords
>worse than EXTINCTION

Anon u wot
>>
>>49777573
I think you did. 40k is "Heavy Metal: The Sci-fi Setting".
>>
>>49777600
Unless it's not obvious enough, humanity has only gotten where they are because of bad decision making. It's not hard men making hard choices, it's shitty assholes being shitty assholes.
>>
>>49777624
Those assholes that made that decision and created the current system are .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of Humanity.
>>
>>49777632
That doesn't mean that humanity is the good guy faction. We judge a nation by the actions of it's government, not by its mundane citizens.
>>
>>49777530
There's nothing to imply most guardsman are decent people. It varies greatly by regiment and by individual, but for every good honest man there's another one who's a callous trigger-happy jarhead who would jump at the opportunity to rape a civilian, or a mindbroken unfeeling zombie that wouldn't hesitate if ordered to gun down children, or a fanatical religious cannibal who will gleefully eat the flesh of his dead comrades and knife you in your sleep if you didn't say your prayers before laying out your bedroll.

Also, the higher up you go in the chain of command, the greater the shitheads are in proportion to the good men, because sociopaths tend to be more successful, manipulative and ruthless.
>>
>>49776261
Why is that ork made up entirely out of my grandma's saggy under arm flesh? Even his claw looks like grandma.
>>
>>49777670
>We judge a nation by the actions of it's government, not by its mundane citizens.

That's fucked up. A nation is the people, not a state.
>>
>>49777681
Because Orks aren't made of the kind of muscle animals have, they're made of gross fungal tissue.
>>
>>49777696
>That's fucked up
Now you get 40k. We judge the Tau by their Brave New World government, not by the average blueberry.
>>
>>49777715
No, we judge them by their weeaboo bait aesthetics and mary sue writing.
>>
>>49777723
>mary sue writing
If you haven't noticed that's a pretty common thing in 40k.
>>
File: STOP.jpg (23KB, 512x288px)
STOP.jpg
23KB, 512x288px
>>49777723
You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.
And besides, I was talking from a semi in-universe perspective.
>>
>>49777573
The Imperium does these things out of necessity. Yes there are the
corrupt and the inept whom are the cause of many pointless tragedies
in 40k, however these are for the most part the exception not the rule.
The xenophobia term needs the phobia part taken out, because if the
Imperium didn't have it's anti-alien attitude it would have fallen long before
the 41st milenium. On the religious zealotry part, the Imperium didn't need
a religion to maintain loyalty and order whilst the Emperor was still walking
around and not on the goldenthrone. Now in 40k having the Imperial Faith
certainly has it's uses and importance as an organization with a real and
powerful deity, the God-Emperor, throughwhich they can enforce
fierce loyalty and strict order in the Imperium at large.

TL;DR the Imperium did nothing wrong
>>
>>49777670

The Imperium is only xenophobic because it kept getting repeatedly backstabbed and predated on by aliens. REPEATEDLY. FOR TENS OF THOUSANDS OF YEARS. The Imperium is the MOST justified for its horrible actions of all the factions, and it's not even lenient on its own subjects.
>>
>>49777696
The people are generally disgusting, dirty, broken-toothed, leering sycophant bottom-feeders, or soulless automaton slaves, or zealous bloodthirsty religious pawns, or violent repressed abhuman degenerates, or decadent spoiled smug aristocracy, or downtrodden half-insane madmen scarred by a life of hard labour, from planets that are destroyed and polluted by the industry of war on a horrific soul-crushing scale, overpopulated, overworked, underfed, driven to desperate acts like wild animals just to try and feel like something other than a cog in a brutal machine that only exists to preserve itself and keep the status quo grinding on and on and on, monotonously, horribly.
>>
>>49777778
>in 40k, however these are for the most part the exception not the rule
You are most assuredly wrong. If you don't like a grimdark shitheads-fighting-shitheads setting, then I suggest you play something else.
>>
>>49777777
>>
File: n9EMu5Q.jpg (168KB, 917x595px) Image search: [Google]
n9EMu5Q.jpg
168KB, 917x595px
hey guys.

Playing a game next week at 1750, thinking about bringing the war convocation.

Now I have no intention on min/max´ing it (and has taken the free upgrades in this respect, quite sparse), and only uses it because its a good way to represent the mechanicus forces. Am I just saying this, or am I simply being an asshole? I know the guy plays pretty cheesy, and even told me not to go to light on his ass.
>>
>>49777778
Fuuck that artist nailed the emotion in that womens face. Holy that is really impressive stuff.
>>
>>49777815
What's his list look like?
>>
>>49777778
>Yes there are the corrupt and the inept whom are the cause of many pointless tragedies in 40k, however these are for the most part the exception not the rule.
It's the opposite. Those are the rule.

In 40k, the legitimately good people and places are the rare, shining exceptions that give a tiny inkling of hope that maybe there's something worth fighting for, but the vast, vast majority of humanity will suffer through a horrible life and die a violent death without ever even tasting a real hint of that hope, outside of the propaganda pounded into their skulls by the Ecclesiarchy.
>>
>>49777706
>they're made of gross fungal tissue
That explains many things about grandma...
>>
File: _ae82194214567.png (77KB, 266x450px) Image search: [Google]
_ae82194214567.png
77KB, 266x450px
>>49777802
If the Imperium's authority was filled to the brim with inept idiots and
bloodthirsty and corrupt tyrants it would have perished along time ago.
The reason people have these conceptions about the Imperium of Man
is that so many stories insert characters that fit that stereotype as it makes
the story conform to a more gritty and grimdark atmosphere not because
literally every governor, commissar, or officer is like that.
>>
>>49777817
Damn, agreed, that is some next level shit.
>>
File: 1474054141192.gif (2MB, 244x194px) Image search: [Google]
1474054141192.gif
2MB, 244x194px
>>49777839
>>
The Imperium is the good guy.
But in 40k, good guys must be ruthless as fuck, lest they turn into dead guys. Such is this settting.
>>
File: mordian smile.jpg (27KB, 300x437px) Image search: [Google]
mordian smile.jpg
27KB, 300x437px
>>49777817
I know that's why I saved it the Mordians really
don't get enough love nowadays.
>>
>>49777828

its the war convocation... what options do you have? At these small points levels, its even more of a drawback I feel, if you don't exploit the free gear to the max.
In my list I think I have a total of 200 pts of free stuff, mainly some 5++ on sergeants, a 10 pointer here and there, and some weapons upgrades. I have not however gone full retard and given all my sergeants epic relics and gone crazy with just about everything you can, but tries to stick it to the wysiwyg.
>>
>>49777861
The imperium is just the protagonist, there's nothing good about it.
>>
>>49777844
>it would have perished along time ago
The Imperium died with the Emperor, all that's left is a walking corpse. Why do you think they've done nothing but decline since then?

You seriously need to realize what setting this is. 40k is the original grimdark, shit isn't supposed to be "light shining through the darkness" or whatever the fuck, it's shitty as an uncleaned porta-john.
>>
>>49776033
How dare you insult the sanctity of GUN?! It makes perfect logical sense that Terminator Armour is a dozen times more susceptible to gravity than an Armoured Sentinel is! After all, Termy Armour is composed of weak metal plates barely grafted together only to deflect ballistic attacks from the outside - essentially just a giant death box - while the impervious armoured hull of a sentinel is a composite of molded ceramite and ancient technology folded one mirrion times to deflect any manner of attack, including plasma, and silly grav stands no chance against it without an exceptionally lucky, glancing hit!
>>
File: newig.png (120KB, 676x2285px) Image search: [Google]
newig.png
120KB, 676x2285px
Any advice or thoughts?
Mostly made to go up against Eldar/SM/etc. Not looking forward to vs Tau or vs anyone with an imperial knight
>>
>>49777844
>If the Imperium's authority was filled to the brim with inept idiots and
>bloodthirsty and corrupt tyrants it would have perished along time ago.
First of all, why do you type like an idiot with random paragraph breaks.

Secondly, why do the think the Imperium is in a constant state of decay, rebellion, and on the verge of collapse? It's still standing because it is so monolithically fucking VAST it's taken ten thousand years to degrade to the current point, and every once in awhile there's a rare hero who regains some ground in a crusade or otherwise a more competent but also more evil and bloodthirsty dictator to step in and "fix" the shitshow that is some pampered dumbass bureaucrats mess.

The majority of people raised in a culture as evil and callous as the Imperiums are going to turn out just like the people who made things that way. It's a vicious cycle. 40k is a demonstration of social MOMENTUM on a galactic scale, it's the same reason technology doesn't progress anymore.
>>
>>49777876
>all wargear upgrades are free

what the fuck is this bullshit?
>>
>>49777876
Yeah, but what's the list of the guy you're playing?

"pretty cheesy" is really subjective dude. WarConvo free bullshit is always going to be a bit cheesy but even when fully minmaxed it can't stand up to the modern cheese of bigtime 40k.
>>
File: Outburst of Joy.png (15KB, 521x189px) Image search: [Google]
Outburst of Joy.png
15KB, 521x189px
>>49777863
>that filename
Someone woke up very happy, it seems.
>>
File: Deporting11MillionXenos.jpg (33KB, 496x497px) Image search: [Google]
Deporting11MillionXenos.jpg
33KB, 496x497px
>>49777880
The light is shining through the dark and it is slowly being consumed outside and in.
Just making everyone bad just doesn't work to make a setting grimdark.
>>
>>49777880
You think Games Workshop is going to let it's flagship IP in Space Marines lose for good?
>>
>>49777892
Not only are those upgrades free; things that Gets Hot suddenly stops Getting Hot.
Just because.
Also, grav Kataphrons are Troops
>>
>>49777926
The light was never shining. The Imperium was always a bunch of genocidal zealots, it was just less shit at its job when Emps was up & about.

desu the only good guy is Farsight.
>>
>>49777894
clearly
>>
>>49777926
The light comes from individuals, not from the imperium itself.
>>
So like why did the Emperor immediatly want Magnus, the Thousand Sons and all of their planets people dead after Magnus accidently pooched the webway and let a few demons out? I mean he did it with the best of intentions. I feel like there is something I'm missing. Also why did the chaos cannonize all the primarchs to planets that were inhabitated? Were they hoping the primarchs would go all space crazy and become followers of chaos?
>>
>only army I really have any desire to get into is IG
>that fucking money and painting requirement

Holy crackers
>>
File: 1460421255033.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460421255033.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
>>49777961
Getting rid of xenos and dangerous mutants isn't immoral.
>>
>>49777893

Adeptus Mechanicus war convication
-barebone-
-1745p-

Special rules: the machine brotherhood of mars, alpha-dominus, might of the adeptus mechanicus
skitarii battlemaniple
-600p-
5x Vanguards - 1x Plasma caliver, Omnispex
⦁ Alpha with taser goad & refractor field
5x rangers - 2x transuranic arquebus, Omnispex
5x ruststalkers -
⦁ Princeps with refractor field & Dataspike
5x infiltrators - Fleshette blasters & taser goads, info skull
⦁ Princeps with refractor field, The omniscient mask
1x Dragoon -
1x Dunecrawler - Icarus array

Special rules: Datalock, tireless advance

Cult mechanicus battle congregation
-710p-
tech-priest dominus - Autocaduecus, conversion field
3x Breachers -
3x Destroyers -
Kastelan robot maniple -
⦁ datasmith with conversion field & Technomartyr
⦁ Robots with tl-heavy phosphor & mounted phosphor

Special rules: tech-adept, divine chorus

Imperial knight oathsworn
-435p-
Mechanicum Cerastus knight-atropos - occular augmentics
>>
>>49777973
I know but if you're willing to give it your all it'll be more than worth it for the result.
>>
>>49777976
What about treating your own people as less than cattle, worth nothing more than to die pointlessly in a war that doesn't matter?
>>
>>49777973
If I were you, I'd wait until Forge World reboots the Epic line. If you don't know, it's made up of 6mm minis, which make things not only cheaper, but easier to paint. Plus, it makes the Guard really feel like a huge regiment of soldiers, vehicles and artillery, not just a few platoons and some guns.
>>
File: 1456973807717.jpg (42KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1456973807717.jpg
42KB, 256x256px
>>49777968
>The light comes from individuals
Shiny people? Show these glowy mutants the True Light of the Emperor, men!
>>
File: 1420723573072.png (33KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1420723573072.png
33KB, 510x546px
>>49777972
>So like why did the Emperor immediatly want Magnus, the Thousand Sons and all of their planets people dead
It seems the Horus is especially pervasive if even the omniscient readers believe his lies.
>>
Not entirely familiar with the history of Mankind in 40k, but aren't they justified somewhat in their views regarding Xenos and The Beyond (Chaos)?

During the Age of Strife, wasn't Humanity under constant predation by Xenos?

I recall there being mention of Xenos running amok on places like Mars, battles with them being in Legio Mortis's annals.

Kind of reminds me of Genesis Rising to a certain degree.
>>
File: Admirable, but mistaken.png (626KB, 977x670px) Image search: [Google]
Admirable, but mistaken.png
626KB, 977x670px
>>49777964
>Bane T3
>>
>>49777995
The Imperium of Man does not have the time nor manpower to invest to make sure
that all their people are living good lives and that their soldiers are more well
off when you're being attacked from every possible angle.
>>
>>49778008
You talking shit about the Sanguinor?
>>
File: Imperial_Guard_Bane[1].jpg (96KB, 630x768px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Guard_Bane[1].jpg
96KB, 630x768px
>>49778020
>Bane T4
>>
>>49778022
>Sanguinor
>being regular people
Go find a Space Hulk and gather 949 of your brothers.
>>
>>49778015
It's like being bitten by a dog, so now you must exterminate all other animal life, except that which is useful to you.

>>49778021
That doesn't make them good, they don't even try. Nobles get to live lives of absolute luxury, while others are worked to death to the worst conditions imaginable .
>>
File: nobody cared who i was.jpg (87KB, 1076x742px) Image search: [Google]
nobody cared who i was.jpg
87KB, 1076x742px
>>49778032
>Bane with -87 IQ
I bet theatricality and deception are powerful agents against you.
>>
>>49778048
A small price to pay for humanity's continued survival.
>>
>>49778015
Sorta. It'd be like if Switzerland attacked the USA (somehow) and the US decided that all Euros must die.
>>
>>49778062
A large portion of that suffering is caused by the imperium itself rather than any outside agent.
>>
>>49778062
A happy workforce is a productive workforce. And if things were less shit for the proles, the Imperium would see less Chaos cults and general rebellions.
>>
File: 4.jpg (532KB, 1280x1911px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
532KB, 1280x1911px
>>49778048
>It's like being bitten by a dog, so now you must exterminate all other animal life, except that which is useful to you.
Ohh, you think fauna is your ally? But you merely brought a dog to the underhive. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see an animal until I was already a man, and by then it was nothing to me but carnage.
Your pets betray you, because they belong to me!
>>
File: 1469339710698.jpg (187KB, 748x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1469339710698.jpg
187KB, 748x1069px
>>49778093
>A happy workforce is a productive workforce. And if things were less shit for the proles, the Imperium would see less Chaos cults and general rebellions.
This wouldn't happen with servitors.
>>
>>49778106
Cogfag pls go, they need you for the hourly servo-circle-jerk.
>>
>>49778048
>It's like being bitten by a dog, so now you must exterminate all other animal life, except that which is useful to you.
It's more like being bitten by every animal you've ever come across - and the very tiny few that didn't bite you right away instead bit you the moment you turned your back on them.
>>
>>49778048
>>49778074

To be fair, haven't most of the Xenos Humanity have thus far encountered been expansionist, hostile or aberrant in a way that it threatens Mankind's survival?

Just looking the Xenos factions represented on the table, all of them meet the above criteria.
>>
>>49778156
Humanity isn't any different really in that regard.
>>
File: 648px-TPH_Engineer.png (348KB, 648x599px) Image search: [Google]
648px-TPH_Engineer.png
348KB, 648x599px
>>49778123
>0.783.016M3
>still using the second/minute/hour/day/month system.
01101011 01100101 01101011
>>
>>49778156
Once again, sorta. Humanity got attacked by quite a few minor Xenos species in the early days, so they assumed everybody was like that. They then may or may not have commited genocide on several peaceful species.

All the major Xenos species are assholes, but that's more because it's a wargame.
>>
Is it worth taking the taurox for non-command units over the chimera? Is it worth saving the 15 extra points for considerably less survivability?

And having guardsmen shoot out of the fire points doesn't force open-topped on the vehicle like it used to anymore, right?
>>
/40kg/, why does the game has so many bullshit rules? People buy minis because they look good. Why make, idk, Gladius Rhinos free when people was already buying Rhinos?
>>
>>49778203
>And having guardsmen shoot out of the fire points doesn't force open-topped on the vehicle like it used to anymore, right?
Hell naw.
>>
If I wanted to primarily run a gigantic R&H conscript blob, what's a relaitvely small (~700 points) summoning spam daemon detachment I could bring?
>>
Is there ever a reason I shouldn't keep my Tzeentch DP and LoC flying?
>>
>>49778204
>People buy minis because they look good
GW rep pls go and stay go.
Rules influence sales, just look at the Drop Pod and Orkanauts or any of the Ork range really

GW just can't design a balanced game worth a shit because all their rules and formation bullshit are focussed on fluff and each codex writer has their own idea of exactly how powerful rules each bit of fluff deserves.
>>
>>49778230
>ach codex writer has their own idea
This is the absolute epitome of bullshit. All codex writers should be forced into a room the Codexculaba simltaneously and not let out until they balance bullshit among all armies.
Except Sisters. No one writes codex for them :^)
>mfw instead of balance we get Bullshitpalooza for all armies.
>>
>>49778204
>>49778230
>People buy minis because they look good
This is the only way I consider when making army lists. The optimizing that people advise here appalls me sometimes.
>>
>>49775722
Meh, I feel my Vendetta dropping off a scion cmd squad w/3 melta's at close range does the trick fine, especially when you can just issue an order to pin it.

And if there are any other vehicles around (or the riptide passes its pin test) I can light it up with LasCannon shots from the Vendetta.

The only hard part is getting in range without being shot out of the sky, which shouldn't be too hard if you are careful.
>>
>vehicles have a higher chance of losing a hull point to getting hot than spess marines have of losing a wound

what?
>>
>>49778337
Because of the new BS FAQ I would assume is what he means....

Ordnance shots can't reroll (even though in the god damn rule book it says you can).
And with some weapons you shoot a burst of 3.
>>
There may be a 750pt tournament coming up with prize support. I'm thinking about bringing this, which should be able to handle just about anything.
>>
>>49778219
because you want to get them into combat, cap objectives or don't wanna fly. i usually don't fly my prince because i'd rather he be on the ground causing trouble. though last game it might have been worth flying because he ate a scout squad (1st blood and corrupt objective) then got beaten up by a death company chappy and pals
>>
File: Dow2_sm_avitus_portrait.png (38KB, 184x208px) Image search: [Google]
Dow2_sm_avitus_portrait.png
38KB, 184x208px
>>49778337
WE ARE HIS ANGELS OF DEATH, NOT HIS ANGELS OF GETS HOT.
>>
File: 1444236580924.jpg (5KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
1444236580924.jpg
5KB, 124x124px
>>49778408
>This is how Marine players justify gravspam
>>
File: absolutamente asqueroso.png (178KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
absolutamente asqueroso.png
178KB, 288x415px
>>49778420
only a 420 eldar would think I'm talking about grav weapons rather than memeing about plasma.
>>
>>49778353
What ordnance would be rerolled? Twin-linked, or any?

Does this mean basilisks can't reroll under that Cadian formation?
>>
>>49778391

Hrm. Makes sense. I'm trying to figure out my daemons again. I just assumed that if they'e got wings, they should fly because everyone makes such a big deal about FMC.
>>
File: 1372149665487.jpg (125KB, 984x629px)
1372149665487.jpg
125KB, 984x629px
>>49778440
Come on now, Anon. I'm not illiterate. You, however, missed the entire implication my post.
>>
File: black sabbath album cover.jpg (21KB, 400x394px) Image search: [Google]
black sabbath album cover.jpg
21KB, 400x394px
>>49778456
a lot of fmc don't make back their points like that. if you got guns/psychic powers to spam sure, but if you're a bloodthrister you're only doing it for defense though you might get knocked out of the sky anyway
>>
>>49778452
FAQ stops Preferred enemy or rerolls of 1, which stops blast weapons from rerolling their gets hot due to "no roll to hit".
Even though there is an exception written in the rule book.
>>
>>49778491

Well, mine were a LoC with Robes and 2 Greater rewards, and a Tzeentch DP with 2 Greaters and a Lesser. Both ML3.
The game was only 1000 points, so idk if I lost because in didn't have many models, or because I'm just not very good yet.
>>
File: Glow Effect looks like shit.jpg (81KB, 1024x589px) Image search: [Google]
Glow Effect looks like shit.jpg
81KB, 1024x589px
Anyone else think glow effects like pic related looks like complete and utter shit and ruins a model?
>>
File: 1476206865267.jpg (1MB, 2080x1811px) Image search: [Google]
1476206865267.jpg
1MB, 2080x1811px
>>49778528
I don't know what you're talking about. Airbrushing is the highest display of skill.
>>
>>49778528
only when used in this amount
>>
File: Necron3.jpg (149KB, 450x1486px) Image search: [Google]
Necron3.jpg
149KB, 450x1486px
>>49778528
I'd say it looks overdone but I like the idea.
>>
>>49778545
>>49778571
I mostly see it overdone like that.

>>49778571
I still don't much like the eye glow on this one, but the rest is alright.
>>
>>49777562
Chaos Psychic Focus says they do. They also get regular Psychic Focus. It's all in the Draft FAQ. As far as Conjured mods for, you generate theor powers I.mediately once you conjure them.
>>
>>49778571
>"glowing" eyes
>dark sockets in front of eyes
>raccoon mask
>>
What strength are the space wolves at?

They are non codex so I don't think they give a fuck about the 1,000 marines rule

Unlike black templars conflicting canon reports I have not seen any actual numbers on how big their "not legion" is
>>
>>49778673

I was missing the Chaos Focus bit. Damn. That would've been good to have known. Thanks.
>>
>>49778693
>What strength are the space wolves at?

2000 marines, their largest company had like 200 marines so assuming the rest are a bit below that figure then you get somewhere around 2000 marines.
>>
Does anyone model "Extra Armor" upgrade for contemptor dreadnoughts? Any suggestions on how to go about doing this?

I've posted the same question in WIP but might as post here as well since the general is more active.
>>
>>49778693
Depends on the author.

Lone Wolves and such would make a lot more sense if there were more Great Companies, and the fact that 1)wolves dgaf about codex 2)there are lots of great and willing fenrisians to recruit

all contribute to ~3000 dudes, maybe more or less depending.

Black Templars got "officially" retconned to a little over 1k, but that doesn't make sense at all since even THEY don't really know their true numbers. 8000 very spread out dudes fits their lore better.
>>
>>49778725
>since even THEY don't really know their true numbers.

They do know their true numbers, the High Marshall knows.
>>
>>49778507
then what the fuck does preferred enemy do? Where's this faq?
>>
>>49778544
Airbrushing? Bullshit. That's not only AB, it's also a crappy AB, ridiculously overdone to try to hide actual skills. Doesn't look like light, the metal parts are shit. It's fucking lazy.
>>
>>49778750
It does exactly what it's supposed to do, which is reroll hits and wounds of 1.

It just doesn't let you reroll gets hot rolls on blast weapons, which was basically an exploit.
>>
>>49775834
So long as the Nazi Space Catholics stay Nazi, Catholic, and in Space.
>>
>>49775463
Hey, has anybody else had problems with the newer Epubs in the Mega? I can't get text to display in either Codex DW or the Genestealer Cults.
>>
>>49778750
>>49778763
Here's the FAQ.
And yes its bullshit I know....

"It does exactly what it's supposed to do, which is reroll hits and wounds of 1.

It just doesn't let you reroll gets hot rolls on blast weapons, which was basically an exploit."

No it wasn't, Games workshop is just re-writing the rules because reasons. What's bullshit is that enough crying and whining got the rules reversed.

Under the Gets Hot rule on Pg 164.

"If a model has the ability to re-roll its rolls To Hit (including because of BS6+ or the Twin-linked special rule) a Wound is only suffered if the To-Hit re-roll is also a 1; IT MAY ALSO RE-ROLL GETS HOT RESULTS OF 1 FOR WEAPONS THAT DO NOT ROLL TO HIT"

Caps locked the part that matters the most...
Basically the FAQ directly contradicts the RAW.
>>
Dark Eldar newbie here again looking for some motivation to finish assembling my worthless shit.

There's a 750pt tournament coming to my lgs in a few months. Do DE have a better chance at lower points values when there isn't as much room for BS? If I take like 2 raiders, a venom, and some scourges, and Reavers, will I be alright?
>>
File: 1449374631825.jpg (118KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
1449374631825.jpg
118KB, 500x661px
>>49778725
it's almost like someone went and "miscounted" a few hundred marines on purpose, but that simply can't be true.
>>
Is War Convocation even playable? There's no objective secured
>>
>>49779027
Vanilla DE are very hard to pull off, but the Haemonculus Covens supplement is pretty cool and worth checking out.
>>
>>49779169
they took a hit due to the faq but they have plenty of guns. you'd have a problem against daemons incursion due to psychic powers and corrupting
>>
>>49779233

I don't have any of them because they didn't interest me. Apparently, all I have are a bunch of worthless piles of trash.
>>
File: 1436485632198.jpg (96KB, 800x437px) Image search: [Google]
1436485632198.jpg
96KB, 800x437px
Post yfw all these exciting new models and factions get squatted in "The Age Times" or "End of the Emperor" comes out.
>>
>>49779027
Unless you're playing against really good players you still have a chance if you're a good player yourself.

But Dark Eldar, even when they were good, have always been a high-skill faction. You're not going to be able to win on autopilot.
>>
>>49778331
>pinning riptides
come on now
it's not fearless, but is is still a monstrous creature and as such can't go to ground
>>
>>49779257
What did the FAQ affect in war convo? The flesh tearers pods?
>>
>>49779259
k. warriors are fine, but witches are shit and have no place on the game table.

Scourges make decent devastator squads (as counter intuitive as it may seem) and venom spam works pretty well against troops.

Make sure you're using the Realspace Raiders formation.

It's not that bad anon, stop being a baby about it. You also have some of the best allies in the game.
>>
>>49779366
Imagine if witches had the same love as genestealers.
>>
I miss the days when DE were described as "the weakest army in the game if you don't know how to play them, and one of the strongest if you do".

Although genestealer cults seem to be filling that niche now and its fucking awesome.
>>
>>49779389
Yeah, honestly they don't need much of a tweak to be good again, they just got hit with an update at a bad time in the development cycle.
>>
>>49779348
Age of Sigmar only squatted things that hadn't been updated in many years when it came out.

By the time we get 40k 8th even Sisters will have been updated again.
>>
>>49779366

>stop being a baby about it

Look, I want to enjoy this game, but all I ever hear is how everything I bought and find cool is terrible and I should buy other shit instead. Exactly like this:

>best allies in the game

Literally every single "Dark eldar" list I've seen with eldar "allies" has been like 300pts of dark eldar and 1500 points of eldar. I don't have eldar, I don't have 5 Talos, and I don't exactly have the money to buy another army after jumping into what I have. Right now? Sure, I can splurge on like $100 or so, but not a corpsetheif claw or a while second army to ally.

I'm sorry for sounding whiney, but it is just unbelievably frustrating.
>>
>>49779463
Stop listening to what people on the internet tell you about how shitty your army is or isn't, play some games for yourself and then decide.
>>
>>49779494

I go to the Internet for ideas on how I should equip the stuff I have and rather than anything helpful, I'm told to play something entirely different. It's kind of hard.
>>
>>49778015

There's not much of an alternative when the universe is actively out to get you.

>Make contact with seemingly benevolent Xenos
>Hey these guys are pretty useful, let's set up friendly relations and work with them
>WHOOPS turns out Chaos set the whole thing up and now 10 Crusade's worth of soldiers just turned rogue and the Xeno empire is threatening half a fringe of the Imperium

Heck the only reason Tau don't have to deal with this bullshit is because they have plot armour harder than ceramite coated in dried Weetbix.
>>
File: 76543.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
76543.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>49779449
Nope, because GW won't know how to even include them and their special rules in a four page rulebook.
>>
>>49779547
The rules are not being simplified to that extent. GW learned from their mistakes with AoS and are aware of the extreme popularity of 30k.
>>
>>49779523
>I go to the Internet for ideas on how I should equip the stuff I have

You're doing it wrong.

>>49779547
The products that were discontinued still have battlescrolls and rules and points and are fully legal to use in AoS.
>>
>>49779463
sorry to say that, DE are in a bad spot. Don't let the 'high skill faction' fool you, you have paper-armor.

You could try a razorwing jetfighter, as it can fire its 4! large blast! S6 missiles all at once and then support the army with Dark Lances (do not use disintegrators, you will need it to kill enemy fliers). A nightshield is also an interesting choice for it, even if expensive.

Other then that, a bastion is far tougher than anything DE have and you can protect one darklance or splinter cannon equipped unit inside it.
Neither will break your bank or your point values.
>>
>>49779523
>I go to the Internet for ideas on how I should equip the stuff I have and rather than anything helpful, I'm told to play something entirely different. It's kind of hard.

Not nearly as hard as giving you ideas how to equip your stuff, when you don't tell what stuff you have.
>>
anyone have much success with the new change psychic powers? I've been meaning to get a kairos fateweaver and a lord of change so I can play two flying D weapon flyers, but so far the warp charge 3 hasn't been workin too good.
>>
>>49779360
Yeah, caught that last second after posting.... Still, 3 melta & 3 twin linked lascannons would either severely wound it, or kill it outright with little cost being thrown away. Well, little compared to them (a loss of 1 unit compared to the loss of a riptide).
>>
>>49779428
It was a rush job response to the chapter house legal shit, the codex was mostly an excuse to erase all the things they never made models for.
>>
>>49775722
More like
>Tau players face when I get a turn 1 multicharge with 20 genestealers and maul three of their riptides to death before they get a single shooting phase.
>>
>>49779710
Right exactly. Most of the codexes since Crons have been solid.
>>
>>49779591

>doing it wrong

Why's that?

>>49779599

The jet fighter was something I had my eye on, well both actually.

Dunno about a bastion. Would it be worth it to protect a single lance? Seems like a lot of points for that.

>>49779625

20 warriors, 2 raiders, a venom, 6 Reavers, 10 wyches, 5 scourges, and a succubus. Oh, and 2 Archons from the SC! Boxes.
>>
>>49779547
if they're AoSing 40k they won't need too.
we'll get all the unit rules separately on the website.
>>
>>49779565
>extreme popularity of 30k

30k doesn't have mainstream success, it's successful by Forgeworld standards but being the prize of a niche sub-sect of an already niche game is hardly 'extreme'. More people play AoS than 30k.
>>
>>49779741
Because it doesn't matter what your units are equipped with. Pick what you want them to have, not what's optimal.

Unless you're going for paid tournaments or something, but I think doing those with 40k is stupid.
>>
>>49776261
Why use a torrent anon?

I'm sorry it's only a pdf
>>
Funny, then, that many of the modern GW design decisions are based around making 30k more accessible and selling kits that can be used in it as well as 40k.
>>
>>49779762
So are the Imperial Fists actually dead or what?
>>
>>49779741
>Dunno about a bastion. Would it be worth it to protect a single lance? Seems like a lot of points for that.

Err no?
You could put 5 scourges with 4 lances in there, or 5 trueborn with 2 lances. Furthermore as you can place it on the table where you want*
you can put it where it blocks the view towards your raiders/venoms/Reavers.

And its only 75pts with 4HP and 14/14/14 so the exact opposite of what DE are made of.

assuming you have not build everything already and no extra bitz from bitzsites, this means:

3 blasters (2 from warriors 1from scourges)

Note: Personally I always have a problem how to equip DE-HQs as I never found any really good combo.

What you could try is to make a shooting army.
Equip reavers with 2 blasters and remember they can move in the assault phase back out of sight (Eldar jetbike rules!). Nothing more, we are on a budget. They can still give nice Hammer of Wrath hits, in a bind.
Use 2*5 warriors, on in venom, on in raider. Might want tp equip each with a blaster for firepower. remember venom will want a second splintercannon and has a 5++ always. Raider might want a nightshield, but expensive. (jink + nightshield = gud ). Again nothing else, they are too fragile and too easy targets.

Equip the archon with a blaster, webway-portal and shadowfield and deepstrike with the scourges (pinpoint accuracy!). Give the scourges heatlances or blasters (bitz-sites, box only comes with 1) and use the archon with its 2++ to tank incoming fire, giving them more survivability. This deepstrikes where it can do the most damage. (it can really put the hurt on most monstrous creatures and vehicles. Remember to get vehicles rear armor. Heatlances are better against vehicles due to melta and AP1, blasters are better against MCs due to S8, however the choice is probably limited to what you can find online)

Then you could make 5 trueborn with either 2 splintercannons or dark-lances for the bastion out of the warriors

*your development zone only
>>
File: -6ebc94552dfc5eaf.jpg (68KB, 585x454px) Image search: [Google]
-6ebc94552dfc5eaf.jpg
68KB, 585x454px
£95
30*mk3
5*tatraros
5*guards
5*sisters
Ahriman
Fell-hand?!
>>
File: 7008cc988af0039c.jpg (146KB, 803x767px) Image search: [Google]
7008cc988af0039c.jpg
146KB, 803x767px
>>49779894
O... I should post in hhg instead.
>>
>>49779905
>rules for 40k Custodes

Rumour confirmed!
>>
Whats your favorite faction/race?
>>
>>49779905
>>49779894
>sisters of silence
>custodes
holy shit yes
>>
>>49779920
Nids, Genestealer Cults.
>>
>>49779920
Genestealer Cults because it panders to all my fetishes.
Tau because I like Japanese Spacefish in Mecha
Lost and Damned/Traitor Guard because I like chaos but not Daemons/CSM.
>>
>>49779905
Is there a bigger image? I want to see the sisters.
>>
>>49779894
>>49779905
Who are you mistery 30kleak man?
>>
>>49779968
No...
>>
>>49779894
>>49779905
Got any 40k End Times Leaks, anon?
>>
>>49779971
From /aosg/, plz no bully.
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1365x679px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1365x679px
So people on /v/ are going on about meme magic and gestalt will and whatnought, but something said stuck with me: what if the internet is trying to be alive.

And that got me thinking. If we, right now, in our 16M3, were to give birth to an "internet god" the same way Slaanesh/Ynead were, what in God's good name would it look like? Like, stop for a second and really consider this. The internet is officially what, 1/3 porn? The rest of the majority is social media and forums full of conflict and shitposting? The internet bears the mark, some small mark, from a massive chunk of humanity. But what kind of mark have we left?
>>
>>49779741
I will take units of 5 warriors with blaster, each in a venom with 2 splinter cannons

Keep HQ cheap (archon, agoniser and shadowfield) in venom aswell.

Convert the raider into ravagers with 3 dark lances each.

Pick a couple of razorwings if you can, each with 2 dark lances, 2 splinter cannon and stock missiles. Might help a bit.

Avoid stuff and focus fire.
>>
>>49779905
nono post here pls
>>
File: 1281378265462 (1).jpg (28KB, 344x341px) Image search: [Google]
1281378265462 (1).jpg
28KB, 344x341px
>Playing 500 points Escalation League
>I exchage army lists with my opponent
>His list is 550 points

You're 50 points over?
>It's only 50 points m8
That's 10% over...
>Again m8, it's only 50 points over
50 points over in a 2000+ point game might be ok but this is only 500 points, I can see you have wargear here adding up to less than 50 points, take that off
>I can't take it off without hampering my army

Eventually after the organiser steps in he takes the 50 points off, but plays like an angry 8 year old for the entire game, which I table him on turn 4.

Was I in the wrong? that's too much over at 500 points, right?
>>
>>49780016
Yeah that's like a whole fucking unit, you were absolutely in the right.
>>
>>49780004
>archon
>agonizer over huskblade
For what purpose?
>>
>>49780016
Nah man, fuck him. 50 is a lot at that format. No doubt, removing it probably did hamper his army, but the burden is on him for a building an army that relies on cheating that extra 10% pts on there.
>>
>>49780016
No, you were not in the wrong. Your opponent was literally trying to cheat, fuck him.
>>
>>49780016
No, you were right.
>>
>>49780016
If my opponent goes over by 5 pts or more that's too much at a small level game. 50 is ridiculous.
>>
>>49780016

What a cunt, that's no different to showing up with 2200 at a 2000 game.

500pts are supposed to be tough, You cant go over by 10 fucking percent and complain about "muh taktiks" what a cunt
>>
File: magnus.jpg (31KB, 222x395px) Image search: [Google]
magnus.jpg
31KB, 222x395px
>>49779992
Magnus will be the first Daemon primarch released.
>>
>>49779905
>BaC
>30 marines
>5 terminators
>2 characters
>1 dreadnought

>BoP
>30 marines
>5 terminators
>2 characters
>5 custodes
>5 sisters

Both at the same price. Quite frankly, I'm shocked that BoP has more stuff than BaC for the same price. I was expecting the price to go up or there to be just 20 MkIIs. Probably gonna trade the Sisters with somebody for more Custodes, throw my BaC dreads and slaughterpriest with them and have myself a little Custodes force.
>>
>>49780028
To poison MCs
>>
>>49780048
Several days too late on that one.
>>
>>49779905
>plastic
I hope those custodes/sos have alternate bits
I want some conversions
>>
>>49780061
should have added :^)
>>
>>49775834
No.

I want the imperium to be united as an oppressive regime that frevently hunts psykers to keep their artificial warp-god rooted in the material realm.

Chaso marines to be desperate renegades that fight it at all costs, inducing wholesale slaughter of worlds to act as bait.

Eldar as sinister psychic necromancers who wear soulstones to shield them from the psychic screams of their brethren tortuously encased in wraithbone bodies.

No more shades of grey.

Everyone is evil and the only justice is death.
>>
>>49780016
What army were they playing were 50pts over was necessary to be competitive?
>>
>>49779905
>95 pounds
>265 dollarydoos
what the actual fuck, thats 150 ausbucks direct conversion at the moment
>>
>>49780037
>>49780038
>>49780039
>>49780040
>>49780043

Ok that's good, good, glad to see I'm not going mad.

>>49780082

Marines, Vanguard and Sternguard ate the bulk of hispoints, the 50 points he lost was just wargear scattered all over the fucking place.
>>
>>49780087

shitposting tax, m8
>>
File: tfw aus.jpg (67KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tfw aus.jpg
67KB, 500x375px
>>49780096
i am saddened that even GW knows of our sins
>>
>>49780092
Well at least it wasn't Tau or AdMech
Apparently this person never heard Boys over Toys when it comes to low point games.
>>
>>49780016
you were in the right anon
what a fag
>>
>>49780092
Holy shit what a WAAC faggot. He was playing one of the top Codexes and still needed to cheat? You should have checked his dice to see if they were loaded, too.
>>
>>49780016
>>49780092
What were you playing, anon?
>>
>>49780118
>AdMech
What? AdMech aren't anywhere near powerful enough to be mentioned in the same breath as Tau, whereas Marines are, and you didn't even mention Eldar?
>>
>>49780053
Too risky anon, the archon shouldn't even be in CC in the first place.
>>
>>49780144
I say those two cause those are the two reigning in my Local Meta, no eldar players to speak of.
>>
File: 1471454246826.jpg (83KB, 497x635px) Image search: [Google]
1471454246826.jpg
83KB, 497x635px
>>49780052
Its a worse deal if you play traitors, since you cant even use half the box

The characters also arent generic so they're a loss too. 150 for 30 MK3 and 5 tartaros with a slew of weapons is still a deal
>>
File: 1435964338267.png (47KB, 872x595px) Image search: [Google]
1435964338267.png
47KB, 872x595px
>>49779894
>>49779905
>That huge leak about "Plastic Sisters" coming soon
>it's just plastic Sisters of Silence
O-Oh.
>>
>>49780142

Genestealer Cults

no bully

My favorite part of that game was tossing a Blasting charge out of a Rockgrinder and vaporising his Captain and 2/3rds of his Vanguard

The next turn when I tossed another blasting charge and it scattered back onto the rockgrinder blowing it to pieces was less fun. (although I laughed)
>>
>>49780184
thats completely unrelated.
>>
>>49780184
He said Plastic Sisters of Battle, not Plastic Sisters.
>>
>>49780192
That's half the fun of the Demo Charges.
>>
File: 022_sob_468.jpg (50KB, 462x518px) Image search: [Google]
022_sob_468.jpg
50KB, 462x518px
>>49780195
I hope you're right, anon.
>>
>>49780159
>The characters also arent generic so they're a loss too.

sure they are. its a wolf lord and a sorcerer. its not like you can only use them as fell-hand and arihman.
>>
>>49780195
unlikely... but the armour designs are the same, so I can see the inevitable 30k army using the 40k models as a basis
>>
>>49780215
Neither of those are useful to my 30k EC
>>
>>49780192

That's great I totally imagine him slipping as he goes to throw and the blasting charge just dropping on the deck as he slowly meets the horrified gaze of another Acolyte as the timer runs out
>>
File: Imperium.png (200KB, 632x766px) Image search: [Google]
Imperium.png
200KB, 632x766px
>>49777778
>these are for the most part the exception not the rule.

Don't talk utter shite. Why do so many imperium-fags miss the point so fucking hard?
>>
>>49779905
>Geigor
Who? Have I missed a character?
>>
>>49780294
Bjorn's getting squatted
>>
File: Capture.png (160KB, 228x325px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
160KB, 228x325px
>>49780234
>horrified gaze of another Acolyte
You mean this one? He is the demo guy, after all.
>>
>>49780227
Go fuck yourself then
>>
>>49780294
Wolf-guard Geigor "Oops forgot Bjorn wasn't there, better make up a new one" Fell-hand.
>>
>sisters of silence will have 40k rules along with custodes
>sisters of silence will replace sisters of battle
>>
Ok dudes. Need help/inspiration for a conversion project.

I wanna do some desert raiders (humans), but I want to do it using the DE codex.

So I'll appreciate any input on how to de-dark eldarize/convert DE vehicles to look less xenos and what IG weapons could make a good count as for DE weapons (lascannon = dark lances maybe?). I'll be using mostly raiders/venoms/ravagers and maybe some bikes (Tatooine style).
>>
>>49780357
Well, start with Tallarn Imperial Guard...
>>
>>49780365
Indeed, but need ideas for the vehicles and weapons, specially the scythed wings are too xenoscum for me.
>>
>>49780349
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>49780387
>>49780357
Right-o. Depends - do you already have the deldar vehicles or were you just planning on starting there? Personally, I'd start with a land speeder and convert that into a raider/ravager. After all, in ages past, land speeders used to be an Warriors of the Army thing (IE, and Imperial Guard thing). Replace the squat in pic related with a tallarn and you've got your "raider."
>>
>>49780387
Cut all of the spiky bits off the raiders and venoms? Make them look more like those weird sand gliders from the Sarlac pit in Star Wars?
>>
>>49780429
>>49780387
Like this anon said, the Star Wars boats are pretty much Raiders. With or without sails.
>>
>>49780424
Just planning :) May take that in account but...

>>49780429
>>49780439
Yay! Thanks anons! I didn't rememmber those :D
>>
>>49780387
For weapons you could try to use the centurion lascannos as they are rather small.

The raiders could maybe modelled after these Star wars sand gliders that jabba used to throw people into the maw

for scurges maybe either elysians with grav-chutes or some paragliders. Maybe even something similar to the WHFB/AoS grot doomdriver, if you feel cheeeky.

using DE with IG-heads could work if you make these beduinclothing with greenstuff to hide the DE body. While probably bad to model, IG does have needlerifles for your poison needs.

Voidraven and Razorwing Jetfighter are easy to turn into IG flyer.(Theres so much non-standard hw out there...). With a camo-scheme and the blades toned down, the could be rather slee lookin IoM crafts.

talos/cronos/beastmaster squads -> some desert creatures? Instead of razorwings you could use snakes or rats from skaven/lizardmen, the others maybe leave as they are, painted in sand-colors.

hellions or reavers as cavalry (lizardman flying dinos?)

haemo = techpriest
wrack = servitor (wrack kit does come with crew bits already)

wyches are very problematic, Death Cult?

webway portal similar to genestealer, come out of fuckin nowhere.

blasters/hatlance = plasma/melta
>>
File: Dark_Eldar_Raider.gif (28KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Eldar_Raider.gif
28KB, 500x264px
>>49780451
maybe use the old de raiders instead of the new

the old splinter rifles etc might also be better suited
>>
File: Tallarn_Brawler[1].jpg (271KB, 761x1143px) Image search: [Google]
Tallarn_Brawler[1].jpg
271KB, 761x1143px
>>49780387
>weapons
Splinter rifles would make better bolters than lasguns, but you probably won't have much choice.

Optimally:
>Splinter Pistol: Bolt Pistol
>Splinter Rifle: Bolter
>Shardcarbine: Stormbolter
>Splinter Cannon: Heavy Bolter
>Blast Pistol: Plasma Pistol
>Blaster: Plasmagun
>Dark Lance: Lascannon
>Disintegrator Cannon: Plasma Cannon
Conceptually, those last 2 are backwards, but whatever.
>Heat Lance: Meltagun
>Haywire Blaster: Multi-Melta (longer ranged)

Suboptimally:
>Splinter Pistol: Laspistol
>Splinter Rifle: Lasgun
>Shardcarbine: Bolter/Stormbolter
>Splinter Cannon: Heavy Bolter/Autocannon

Could-B-cool:
>put the deldar weapons on the guardsmen

Ultimately, you can have some real fun with this idea. For example, mandrakes could be some elite stealth team with grenade launchers (kommando style) to fit with Baleblast, or some shotguns with flamer rounders. Beastmaster has potential as some "release the hounds of war" kinda guy, with a combat falcon (maybe from Coteaz) as the razorwing flock. Incubi are in power armor, plain and simple, so it's on you how to make them not look like generic space marines. Maybe just headswap some incubi. Maybe throw some desert cloaks or whatever on Sisters. Maybe even look at Crusaders (from Sisters/Inq) to fit as incubi.

>>49780463
>wyches are very problematic, Death Cult?
pic related
>>
>>49780299
well, he did say he plays EC, so he already is horsecock
>>
>>49780212
>>49780212
>>49780212
>>49780212
New Horus heresy boxed set with 30k wolves. plastic (30k) 10k sons, plastic custodes and and plastic sisters of silence

It's going to be released along side 40k magnus.
>>
>>49780463
>>49780530
Great ideas anons, TYVM!
>>
>>49780016
One point over is too many. Fifty points is absurd.
>>
>>49777504
You're a fucking retarded faggot the imperial guard is made up of normal people, which rather edgy faggots, bugs, stupid green fucks, soulless robots and ignorant commie cunts can fuck off and die
>>
>want to buy some shit
>lgs recently got gw stuff
>charges full price
>can get 25% from a second store

Fuck this is killing me. I want to support this new guy, but 25% off GW shit is a lot of money.
>>
>>49780645
Buy few paints from lgs or some other cheap shit. Buy the rest from second store.
>>
>>49777670
Shut up and die you stupid fuck, you can't actually believe that
>>
>>49780643
>butthurt
hurr durr
>>
>>49777789
Are you being retarded on purpose? The IMPERIUM started the Great Crusade to conquer the galaxy and reunite mankind. The keyword here is CONQUER. And they did a lot of fucking xenocides.

The Imperium are the fucking Space Nazis with all sort of flavors: Catholic nazis, roman nazis, vampire nazis, etc.

The IG are just low-tier nazis.
>>
>>49777972
>Don't use your abilities like a dumb fuck
>Ooh horus is eebul, better radio daddio
>Ah fuck it I'll just mind fuck him like he told me not too
>Why what did I do wrong
At least he surrendered, if only those faggot furry cunts hadn't been the ones to show up
I think space wolves are probably by far my least favourite loyal first founding
>>
>>49780724
>>49780724
>>49780724

When are we getting 500 post limit?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1476440634181.jpg (74KB, 803x767px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1476440634181.jpg
74KB, 803x767px
>>
>>49779366
Amazing, the best allies in the game, what a real strength for their powerhouse army, you can collect actually good armies to ally with, what a boon for the DE
>>
>>49779920
Death korps of krieg
>>
>>49776965
broadsides are their closest TEQ, just with T5 instead of T4 and 2 wounds
>>
>>49780016
He could have like an extra squad if guardsman from that
>>
>>49780223
No I meant the video where GW said Sisters of Battle coming in the next few months.
>>
rules question

if I assault a vehicle am I locked into combat?

If the answer is no, and the vehicle remain stationary, can I move 3" away, throw grenade/fire melta, then charge again?
>>
>>49775913
I'm a Deathwing player and must warn you, you're putting too much points into the single Terminator squad. They already cost 40 points, focus on what they get for free or give them cheaper equipment.

Give all the Veterans Rhinos or give them death, their 3+ won't save them when foot slogging across the table. The Black Shield can't currently take the heavy hammer.

Bikes are as always solid and you can use the swords to hunt down Ravenwing bikers

Also include the total army cost somewhere so people know how much points you have left and can give advice on adjusting stuff.
>>
What space marine chapter are good guys? Like rescue civilians and such of that context
>>
>>49781769
Salamanders and Lamenters mainly. Ultramarines to a lesser extent. Could probably find more if you look through later foundings.
>>
>>49781769
>>49781862
Space yiffs used to be friends to civilians too, but that part of their fluff has been steadily downplayed in favor of WOLF WOLF WOLF.
>tfw I'd love to do a 3E SW army because their actual livery is gorgeous and they only had enough wolf/viking shit for a neat little bit of flavour back then.
>>
>>49777120
No cause fuck tau.
>>
>>49777751
Go find a story in nids previous codex of them winning a battle.
Thread posts: 373
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.