[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hektor Heresy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 17

File: Beakies.jpg (249KB, 1028x1049px) Image search: [Google]
Beakies.jpg
249KB, 1028x1049px
We're happy to welcome new contributors. If you'd like to have a read of the project (and please, don't pitch an idea without having read anything!), there are a few possible starting points. The main page is:
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_/tg/_Heresy

While the Primarchs and the Legions are firmly locked down at the moment, we welcome any and all with ideas for Successor Chapters, Xenos Empires, Great Crusade Era Factions, Ork WAAAGHdoms, Eldar Craftworlds, Imperial Army/Guard Regiments, Knight Houses, Mechanicum/Mechanicus Forgeworlds, etc.

Want to know how to get into the Successor Chapters?
Welcome to the only two links you need!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki//tg/_Heresy_Successor_Template
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Legiones_Astartes_(Hektor_Heresy)

For real though, take a look at the Imperial Army!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Army_(Hektor_Heresy)

The forces of Lost and Damned need some love, and no one is writing for them! Get in on the ground floor!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hektor_Heresy_Chaos_Forces

Know what I said about grounder floor and no one writing?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Xenos_of_the_Hektor_Heresy
ELDAR, ORKS, LITERALLY ANY WEIRD ALIEN THINGIE YOU CAN IMAGE! YOUR'S! YOUR'S FOR THE TAKING!
>>
>>49770716
I am currently tired and can see into infinity.
>>
>>49770716
Fuck, I had a bunch of shit to do for this crap when I went to sleep last night but now I can't remember what any of it was. Fuck.
>>
>>49771056
Well if you left it when you went to sleep, go back to sleep and pick it up.
>>
>>49771437
No need, I remembered now, I have a bunch of drawfagging to do. Mustaches mostly.
>>
>>49771800
Mustache twirling?
>>
>>49771822
Over the next few days (assuming I can get my wacom to stop freaking the fuck out because my monitors have different resolutions) I'm going to be drawing a bunch of mustaches on Brennus. Fu Manchu, Hitlerstach, Handlebar... Eventually I might even do what Brennus actually wanted me to.
>>
>>49771936
You had some feedback left in the last thread that I promised to bring up: >>49762877

Brennus was hoping for a "Long, braided mustache. At least as long as his beard, and twined with fetishes and runestones."
>>
>>49771056
Grand Marshal Charles Bronson.
>>
File: Ladies.png (351KB, 689x497px) Image search: [Google]
Ladies.png
351KB, 689x497px
>>49773511
This is Zorg.

Good evening!

On to-do list:
>Your mom
>The Push
>Gren Bloody-Eyes
>Solidus Chromehounds
>Baskerville Manhunters
>Brimstone Fire-Eaters
>Clockwork cyborg zombies
>Your sister
>Chapters
>Warbands
>Fun
>>
File: Tactical Knight.jpg (50KB, 736x491px) Image search: [Google]
Tactical Knight.jpg
50KB, 736x491px
Does the Champion still lead what remains of his house as part of the Crimson Host?
>>
A note to people joining IRC, if you don't type, we don't see you joined the channel.
>>
So last thread anon (Or was it Vetro) pointed out the Vetrovnak are genetically incapable of killing a human. This will be their undoing, because there are things humans can do that require the Vetrovnak to kill them, like piloting any vehicle with an enclosed cabin like a tank or aircraft. In such a situation they have no choice but to kill the human or die. For example, they have no choice but to shoot down aircraft, because if they don't then the Imperial Navy will certainly gain air supremacy.

On the subject of the Navy, a void battle is guaranteed to result in either the deaths of humans or the destruction of the Vetrovnak. Honestly, you should just retcon it so they don't have qualms about killing ARMED humans.

I also want to say that I fucking hate the Vetrovnak's society with a passion as both a servant of the Imperium and somebody who's watched Psycho-Pass.

Also also, are the Vetrovnak REALLY more stable than humans, or is the system, a product of the Vetrovnak, just biased towards the Vetrovnak? Honestly, the latter would be more interesting. Imagine the fucked up shit rich people do in Psycho-Pass, like making zoos from the mutilated bodies of immigrants.
>>
>>49774567
What is our IRC server?
>>
>>49775025
#hektorheresy
>>
>>49774579
>Vetrovnak are genetically incapable of killing a human.
This is false, they're just greatly averse to doing it. They can, however, easily kill a human if in doing so they'd save a larger number of people, which means that in a warzone they'd be quite capable of killing if they need to.

>>49773960
Nope. The Champion went renegade from his house before the Heresy even kicked off, so he pretty much stopped talking to them a long time ago.
>>
>>49775025
www.thisisnotatrueending.com
Port: 6667
>>
>>49775148
I follow that link and it's an acade-style screen with some shit on it that doesn't allow me to click anything. Explain to a tech illiterate what the fuck this is?
>>
>>49775231
You have to download an irc client. Byrd for Chrome.
>>
>>49775231
That's a server, not a website. Go to https://kiwiirc.com/client and put that in as the server.
>>
>>49770716
Sup bitches, how's life?

I'm in a planet/anomaly writing mood again. Who's in need of some shit to populate space with?
>>
>>49775289
Write me up a Khornehole, Arelex.
>>
>>49770716
So, question: I was the guy who originally came up with the idea for the "Eyes of the Emperor" legion. I know that they've gotten a new primarch, but what else has changed?
>>
>>49775148
>>49775243
>>49775256
Okay, now can someone explain how I actually use this info? I'm looking at byrd, but I'm not seeing any option to put in a port.

>how do I irc?
>>
>>49775367
A lot, but Lumey fought hard to keep them around. And succeeded.

They got the Sand Keeper's Primarch, renamed.
>>
>>49775394
When I set it up, I didn't even use the port, just put in thisisnotatrueending.com, room was #HektorHeresy. But I use CIRC so it may be different
>>
>>49775441
Yeah, I've got everything down save for how you actually join a room once you're in. Literally every tutorial I can find skips that info. "Oh, here's IRC and how it works, join a server, and now that you're in a room" Bitch how did you get to the room?

I feel that this is far more complicated that it needs to be.
>>
>>49775317

"Accursed are the peacemakers, for they shall know no rest from the Blood God's eternal fury."

Lord of battles, hosts, strife and war, Khorne embodies all that is slaughter. His sacraments are simple, to kill is his only desire. He takes few prisoners and leaves only severed heads mouldering beneath his throne. But the Galaxy is large, and the Warp deep, and even for such a singleminded entity as Khorne there are exceptions to every rule...

Drifting near the Maelstrom at the galaxy's heart is an unassuming little planet, bathed in the lurid radiance of the Warp storm. Here is Khorne's special entertainment, a place for the Blood God to vent his rage in new and exciting ways. Psykers are loathsome to Khorne, but even beyond that are the diplomats, the entities of pure heart and gentle demeanor, who seek to bind together rather than tear asunder. From across the galaxy Khorne sends them here, those who have earned his special attentions by putting out the fires of savagery he sought to stoke.

Eleonsar the Wise is trapped here, an Eldar wordweaver whose poetry halted a nascent civil war that would have torn out the ancient Eldar Empire's heart. If not for Eleonsar, Khorne would have stolen Slannesh's source of power before that young God was ever born, ensuring Khorne's dominance for all eternity. Accordingly, Eleonsar is torn to shreds every day by the resurrected corpses of his family and friends, and each day a shrine is built to Khorne from the bloody remains. Only his head is left untouched (for Khorne would never accept such a peace-tainted skull), and it is placed atop the shrine at the ritual's end so that Khorne may hear its disembodied screams all the way atop his bloody throne.
>>
>>49775525
You actually wrote me a Khornehole.

Dude.

Say, did you finish that story about pallas's handmaiden and whatshisface?
>>
>>49775525

Ogilvim Kurnaxaz too lies entombed upon this world, one of the few Demiurg to settle a host of ancient grudges with Dark Age Mankind. Without his efforts, the Demiurg were fated to attack humanity in order to preserve their honor after an innumerable series of perceived slights. And had they done so they would have been destroyed, but not before rendering Terra itself nothing more than scorched ash. In one fell stroke Khorne might have changed the course of all history, breaking the human Empire into a thousand squabbling shards to be fed upon for all eternity.

Khorne has sentenced Ogilvim to be trampled by his Juggernauts until the end of time, and when his blood coats the beasts' hooves they smear words of hatred across the planet's tortured surface. Every grudge Ogilvim has ever known and resolved appears there, and each time one more is shown to have come undone. The Blood God's minions move throughout the galaxy, ever seeking to ensure that those ancient hatreds are reborn in some fashion or other.

A third, and perhaps most notable prisoner has no name. It has been divided into pieces no larger than a human finger, and the number is nearly uncountable. In the dawn of time, before the War in Heaven, this unknown C'tan alone among its race attempted to avert tragedy. Of all the conflicts that have ever shaken the galaxy, this was the greatest, now and perhaps for all time. Khorne was not born then, or perhaps Khorne was always present, but the truth will likely never be known. All that matters is that the C'tan sought to stifle War itself, and when Khorne came into his own he claimed all the shards he could of this creature, and seeks more to this day.

The tortures the C'tan endures are beyond mortal comprehension or classification. The C'tan hated and feared the Warp, and when a new shard is captured, Khorne himself casts an apocalyptic Warp storm across the planet, personally adding the new chip to the pile.
>>
>>49775583
Pallas' handmaiden? I haven't written anything concerning her.
>>
>>49775625
Oh shit, who was writing that then? Could have sworn that was you...
>>
>>49775658
Couldn't tell ya.

But in any case, I hope the story works for you. I'm not 100% certain what the status of the Demiurg/Squats are in our new canon, so some details may need to be changed, but that's the rough idea.

All of those prisoner's stories could of course be expanded on, and there could be more prisoners too, but I figured I should leave room for you or others to expand on it if desired.
>>
>>49775684
Oh yeah, squats are a thing... Do we have squats yet? I don't think we have squats yet. We need some fucking squats up in this bitch.
>>
>>49775718
I know Lumey wrote a thing called the Komra, that I'm pretty certain were an expanded version of the Squats. That's likely on the wiki for you to read.

I don't know all the details though so I don't want to put words in his mouth or anything.
>>
>>49775718
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Komra
>>
>>49775739
>>49775762
Fuck you then, I'll just make my own subrace, with blackjack and hookers!
>>
File: 1473194314458.jpg (512KB, 900x2541px) Image search: [Google]
1473194314458.jpg
512KB, 900x2541px
>>49775762
>Komra
>Armok
>>
>>49775877
I don't understand.
>>
File: Something is.png (300KB, 667x413px) Image search: [Google]
Something is.png
300KB, 667x413px
>>49775900
>Armok
>Slaves to Armok II: Dwarf Fortress
>Space Dwarves
>Called Komra
>Armok
>Dwarf Fortress
>>
>>49775929
>Dwarf Fortress
Never played.
>>
>>49775961
That's beside the point!
>>
>>49775477

>Go to https://kiwiirc.com/client
>Put in #hektorheresy into the Channel box
>Click on the little, blue Server and Network drop-down menu below the Start button
>Enter www.thisisnotatrueending.com into the Server box
>Enter 6667 into the Port box if it is not already filled in
>Get exposed to Destroyer-grade autism.
>>
>>49776084
Yeah, I've got it down now. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>49774579
They are highly adverse to it but not incapable. As for vehicles, you appear to have missed the whole mastery of nanotech and cryotech.

>I also want to say that I fucking hate the Vetrovnak's society with a passion as both a servant of the Imperium and somebody who's watched Psycho-Pass.
Good, you're supposed to hate it.

>Imagine the fucked up shit rich people do in Psycho-Pass, like making zoos from the mutilated bodies of immigrants.
There is no second season. Jokes aside, they wouldn't be able to do that with humans and considering every single one of them is hooked up to the Noosphere they wouldn't be able to get away with it for long. Doing it that to the eldar or tau or whatever other aliens they come across might be more permissible so long as they can keep their NAV within regulation limits.
>>
>>49776165
Booooo, not grimdark enough.
>>
>>49776165
>>49776195
Yeah, I used to like the Vetro, but the more I hear about them the less they seem to really fit, and I don't like that they keep being more prevalent in the setting.
>>
>>49776354
Because they are not over the top grimdark?
>>
>>49776354
Why do you say that?
>>
>>49776382
>>49776482
They're ridiculously high tech and don't leave a lasting impression on other factions.
>>
>>49776506
>ridiculously high tech
I promised that I wouldn't launch off on any more weird pointless autistic rants about the science in 40k... But you tempt me sir.
>>
>>49776506
High Tech with no lasting impression? So... Like the Tau? Or Eldar?
>>
>>49776506
Before somebody points out Tau-
>>49776533
Before somebody else points out the Tau, I'm gonna say the tech isn't ridiculously high.
>>
>>49776544
Ah, so it's just the no lasting impact factor then. So like the Tau?
>>
File: 008.png (168KB, 261x350px) Image search: [Google]
008.png
168KB, 261x350px
>>49776573
Dammit!
>>
>>49776591
Or the Dark Eldar?

Or the Adeptus Sororitas?

Or the Deathwatch?

Harlequins?
>>
File: Eldritch-looking titan.jpg (360KB, 1585x477px) Image search: [Google]
Eldritch-looking titan.jpg
360KB, 1585x477px
>>49776573
Also, the "No lasting impact" factor depends entirely on how often we write about Vetrovnak incursions.

>>49776611
Last I checked, only the DE had a codex.

>>49773644
Oh, almost forgot
>Tyche and Legio Maleficum
>>
>>49776544
Didn't it get stated somewhere that they support hundreds of trillions of xenos on *not* billions and billions of worlds?

That seems pretty high tech.
>>
>>49776635
Let's not get into the maths issue again
>>
>>49776635
In comparison to the Imperium? Only a little. Don't remember where the billions of worlds thing was.
>>
>>49776628
>Last I checked, only the DE had a codex.
They all have codices.
>>
>>49776667
What year is it?
>>
>>49776635
The Tau are much like the Vetrovnak. A tiny, tiny little group that has only a few hundred planets, but is super high tech.
>>
>>49776663
I'm saying normally one would expect a non-ridiculously high tech race to require rather a lot of worlds to sustain hundreds of trillions of themselves, agriculturally, industrially, and politically.

The fact that this is not the case implies to me that they *are* ridiculously high tech.
>>
>>49776675
You have no excuse. Sisters have pretty much always had a codex.
>>
>>49776699
Woah woah, they don't have hundreds of trillions. They didn't even have more than a hundred worlds before the third wave expansion.
>>
>>49776721
I'm not talking about the Tau.
>>
>>49776699
Ridiculously high tech would be Necron/Eldar level, building worlds, making material out of thin air stuff. Being able to support a population of hundreds of trillions doesn't require ridiculously high tech compared to the Imperium, just higher tech in pretty much one field.

>>49776721
We're talking about the Vetrovnak.
>>
>>49776738
>>49776742
Yeah, sorry, my bad, got the posts mixed up.
>>
>>49775420
Lumey was always a big fan of my legion. Really nice of him to fight for them. I might try to contribute some fluff or something to them, so as to give them a bigger presence.
>>
>>49776788
He'd be happy to hand them back. He's working on 3 Legions now, it was 4. He's severely over-logged. Cutting down to 2 might help him out lots.
>>
>>49776855
So would cutting legions
>>
File: WHAT THE FUCK 2.jpg (531KB, 850x2261px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT THE FUCK 2.jpg
531KB, 850x2261px
Work on the Markian Corps is slow but steady.
>>
>>49777291
Wait, you actually do things?... Not trying to start anything, but real talk here I thought you were just the resident shitposter.
>>
File: 1476284429638.png (418KB, 1350x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1476284429638.png
418KB, 1350x1600px
We need some stories of humans really suffering under Xenos rule.
>>
File: WHAT THE FUCK 3.jpg (793KB, 850x3307px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT THE FUCK 3.jpg
793KB, 850x3307px
>>49777512
I AM the resident shitposter!

I just work at a snail's pace, partly because I have better things to do and partly because I have worse things to do.
>>
File: 1476284825363.jpg (1MB, 1253x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1476284825363.jpg
1MB, 1253x1500px
>>49777541
>>
>>49777541
I could cook up some xenos for you to work with then.
>>
The Dageim-Ixa Galactic Republic, found in the northeast of the Segmentum Pacificus, fancied itself a resplendent, progressive civilization on the cusp of founding a golden age. Centered around the twin planets Dageim and Ixa orbiting around their K class star, the Dageim-Ixa Galactic Republic had managed to bring order to a bubble of space roughly five hundred light-years across after fighting back the Long Night.

The xenos that lived there called themselves the Bunzhem. The species stood on four legs - arranged somewhat like that of a mantis - that terminated six padded toes holding dull, vestigial talons between them. They possessed a short, stubby tail that was typically held furled up beneath them. The upper body structure is more relatable to humans but their shoulders are far wider and support well muscled arms that reached down to their ankles; their hands consisted of six digits split up with 4 fingers flanked on either side by a thumb. Their skin is similar to human skin in texture but is typically bronze, tawny, or plum in color. Females often have longer antennae and have mottled patterns on their skin.

The Bunzhem's head is like that of an eels or a snakes though with pronounced lips and a set of two stubby eye stalks to permit them greater range of vision. The head and neck extend roughly two to three feet from the back and is typically held horizontally which leads to their often slouched posture. A frill-like membrane extends from the shoulders to just behind the jaws; in females the frill is minimal but in males it can get quite extravagant. Behind their eye stalks there are anywhere from a two to four pairs of whip like antennae covered with fine, silken hairs. They have no nostrils and the lower jaw is bifurcated, allowing it to open horizontally as well as vertically. Like the eels of old on Terra they have a set of pharyngeal jaws behind the exterior jaws.
>>
>>49778596
The Bunzhem all have a modicum of psychic talent. Though remarkably stable and regularly occuring in the species it is not capable of anywhere near the heights that Human psykers are capable of achieving. Being barely a two centuries into their space age combined with their weak-yet-stable psychic potential and long history of it allowed the Bunzhem to weather the Long Night far more readily than hundreds of other species that suffered the same as Humanity did.

As a quirk of biology, it just so happened that the human hormone leptin was an addictive narcotic to them and human lymphocytes, along with certain proteins found in cerebrospinal fluid, acted as a virility enhancing drug in their system. This fact was not immediately evident to them upon their first meeting with humanity and after incorporated lost or daemonicly besieged human colonies into their fold they coexisted in peace with the Bunzhem and their other xeno client species for some time. Of course the second the discovery was made their fate was sealed even if the government had sought to clamp down on the practice.

At first the practice of harvesting the hormones and fluids from humans was considered abhorent but in time these feelings faded and acceptance grew. It did not further help that the Bunzhem were starting to better understand their own psychic potential they began to view those without the same ability as lesser. Thus humans eventually became little more than slaves good only for labor they or their other subjects and the hormones that could be harvested from their bodies. By the time the Imperium encountered Dageim-Ixa Galactic Republic it had become the norm for the elite to actually consume human flesh as part of sumptuous and decadent feasts.
>>
What about a race of elephant seal people?
>>
>>49778729
Gimme their gimmick and I'll cook something up sooner or later.
>>
File: elephant seals.jpg (74KB, 750x592px) Image search: [Google]
elephant seals.jpg
74KB, 750x592px
>>49778779
I don't really have a gimmick atm. I just thing this head on a bulky humanoid would be pretty menacing. Like space ogres with less voraciousness and more of a mean streak.

Maybe they're khornate xenos.
>>
This is the voice of Lumey.

>>49775367
Good to hear from you!

Long version:

They got mixed up with the Sand Keepers and the center of thematic gravity ended up in India. I had to make them conspicuously brave to junk the "coward marine" moniker. They are strange and run by a cabal of elders with odd ideas about the spiritual significance of the gene-seed; these jokers take them into the Heretic camp before their Primarch drags them out again. Current plan is that the Legion is dissolved mid-Heresy and afterwards they, together with the Grey Knights, constitute the Chamber Militant of the Inquisition. (Deathwatch will join later.)

>>49776788
As you can tell, they do have a fairly big presence but more material would definitely help.
>>
I noticed in IRC that several people seem to want the Komra to have a more important role. That's fine by me, though I need to do more work on the Cult of Krenz to properly establish their Vile Nemesis.
>>
>>49778608
>>49778596
Also, for maximum irony the EZ should be the ones to go after them.
>>
We've been cooking up the war with the Vetrovnak in IRC tonight. Something of an outline at:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Second_Vetrovnak_Incursion
>>
Have another chapter up for feedback and comments. This is one of the fodder chapters that get wiped out in the Second Incursion.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Puritans
>>
>>49781389
What's there to give feedback on? For fodder, they're good enough.
>>
Hey, are the Stone Men Legion still alive after the Heresy? The Chapter's page on 1d4chan doesn't list them as a First Founding Chapter, so are they gone the way of the Entombed?

Also, after the Heresy, there are only 6-7 First Founding Chapters left against the remnants of 9 Traitor Legions. Does this have any ramifications compared to the OU? Is our Imperium smaller because of this?
>>
>>49782002
well for starters it would be a sausagefest of Void Angels. They survive the Heresy mostly intact compared to other legions.
>>
>>49781946
Mostly to check if I made any major fuckups or took the niche of some non-fodder chapter
>>
>>49782002
Probably just a dated page. In my head, the Entombed and Stone Men survive, and the Eyes are around if Different.

>>49782043
>implying that the OU isn't a sausagefest
Considering that HH has some prominent women in the Heresy era, we're a Taco Party by comparison.

Of course, if you were
>implying that the other Loyalists are a bunch of pansy girls

Well... it's probably someone else's job to be upset about that.
>>
Oy vey.

I have a super early morning shift now. Gotta get up at like 0330, so I need to be in bed earlier than usual to get enough sleep not to die.
>>
>>49782945
Scratch that, I'm still on the midday shift!
>>
>>49778902
The Eyes of the Emperor as the Chamber Militant of the Inquisition? For which Ordo(s)? And all of them? That's a lot of Marines for the Inquisition to be in charge of.
>>
>>49783242
I imagine that the Ordos don't really form until later in the piece.

As for numbers, there would only be an appropriate number of Eyes left after the Heresy - maybe a couple of Chapters' worth.
>>
>>49783298
When the formal Ordos of the Inquisition are established in the OU, they share among then the Grey Knights, Deathwatch, and the SoB as their military arms.

Two full Chapters of Space Marines for a nascent Inquisition is a ton of power, and that's not even getting into the political clout provided by a First Founding Legion.

And that's on top of what will become the actual Grey Knights, Deathwatch, and SoB.

So we have once less Loyalist Legion/ First Founding Chapter that can "birth" new Chapters for the Imperium, and an Inquisition that will eventually grow to be twice as strong militarily as the OU version.

Our Age of Apostasy is going to be a bloodbath.
>>
>>49783866
*them
>>
>>49783866
>we
Just out of interest, what are you writing?

Anyway, this claim about two Chapters of Marines being a ton of power is all well and good, except that the Inquisition already have immense power in the Imperium. They can and do requisition whatever might please them.

>And that's on top of what will become the actual Grey Knights, Deathwatch, and SoB.
Is it? The Grey Knights certainly fall under the "hands off the Emperor" clause, but who says that the Deathwatch are as large? Who says the Sororitas are tied to the Witch-Hunters? I certainly don't recall any discussion on such matters, let alone a resounding agreement.

The rest... it sounds rather like the way that Captain Copy-Pasta used to tell us that it would be necessary to stick to the GW script because it was impossible to come up with an alternative. As I've said many times in the past, all that's required to think of an alternative - is to think.
>>
I imagine a corps of scientists, researchers, and assassins would make a lot more sense for the Ordo Xenos than inquisitors and the deathwatch. It always struck me as really strange that the deathwatch and the Grey Knights continued to operate in such an inefficient, antiquated way. It makes sense for every other army, but the chambers militant of the inquisition actually have the freedom to innovate and optimize for efficiency, but they never do.
>>
How does the imperial cult even take hold without Lorgar and his books?
>>
>>49784586
Material scarcity. The Imperium is a carved up, ravaged, half-dead carcass by the end of the Scouring. People start believing in all sorts of things, and the cult of the Emperor is one of those few beliefs that doesn't conflict with citizens doing their Imperial duty.

It's not as though everyone read the Lectitio all of a sudden in the OU. Most of the new cultists had never heard of the book. But they wanted something to believe in and the big gold guy was larger than life already - so maybe he was something more than just a living man? It's not an enormous leap.
>>
>>49770716
Yo Alex, I cheated a little bit on the last entry (both because I wanted to leave you some room to write and because I had other shit to do), but you now have all 16 planets of the Kuzgetan Sphere with at least some fluff regarding them.

Lemme know what you think.
>>
>>49784952
Holy hot damn batman. Post a link for us plebians.
>>
>>49785046
It's just on the 1d4chan wiki. Aside from that one Khorne thing I tossed out yesterday because I didn't know where it should go or who was requesting it, everything I write goes on 1d4chan.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Kuzgeta_Defense_Sphere#Worlds
>>
>>49784279
I'm not him, but:
>Just out of interest, what are you writing?
Are only writers opinions valued?
I get that you must get lots of 'ideas', given this is 40k whose fanbase comes with certain nuances. But attitude like that is very discouraging. Its hard enough for new people to read through the deluge of words on the wiki right now.

>They can and do requisition whatever might please them.

There is a difference between that and actually being in command of the same.
Generals in the US army wield far more loyalty from their troops than some random government official with a title more important than theirs. Its a small differentiation, but an important one.

I don't think you should stick to the GW script. However, exercising your own words and thinking is good advice. There are consequences unconsidered in the original linked post, consequences you just brushed off.

You have a thread on 4chan, where anons like myself see and read what you post. If you're here for no other reason other than to jerk off among yourselves about your setting, without any input from outsiders, could you fuck off and do it elsewhere? Reddit maybe?

Otherwise, I was quite interested in the ramifications of what was posted, and would like to discuss it. For example, how would Gaspard Lumey, who seems to very careful about disseminating power, take to having the remnants of an entire legion fall under the wing of the newly founded Inquisition, with its almost limitless political power?
>>
>>49784279
>Just out of interest, what are you writing?

Fine, *your pedantic ass has one less First Founding Chapter and a doubly-strong Inquisition.

>except that the Inquisition already have immense power in the Imperium.

So you decide to add two more Chapters to their arsenal?

>They can and do requisition whatever might please them.

They have their limits, and they don't "requisition" entire Chapters on a whim either.

>Is it? The Grey Knights certainly fall under the "hands off the Emperor" clause, but who says that the Deathwatch are as large? Who says the Sororitas are tied to the Witch-Hunters? I certainly don't recall any discussion on such matters, let alone a resounding agreement.

Yeah, whatever. I just assumed you were keeping with canon unless you write something otherwise.

>The rest... it sounds rather like the way that Captain Copy-Pasta used to tell us that it would be necessary to stick to the GW script because it was impossible to come up with an alternative.

What are you even talking about? You think I copy-and-pasted this argument with you, from what, another board or something?
>>
>>49785217
>Are only writers opinions valued?

No more so than any other collaborative project.

It would be wrong of us to, as you put it "jerk off amongst ourselves", but by the same token it's also wrong for new people to come in and demand they be considered with equal weight to people who have invested time and effort into the project.

For one thing, you're correct in saying there's a lot of words on the wiki. But just like you wouldn't want your case in court to be argued by someone who hadn't taken the time to understand the various (long and complex) books of law, it's not a strike against us when we feel likewise about other anons.

Otherwise you get the "too many cooks" problem where everyone's trying to change everything else at once without regard for other people, because each individual only hears/respects their own agenda. So no, all opinions are not considered equal, but we try and do our best to be respectful even so, despite sometimes hurting people's feelings.

You see?
>>
>>49785217
Well, this, >>49785403

But we are kind of a circlejerk.
>>
File: swag.jpg (129KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
swag.jpg
129KB, 424x600px
>>49777512
>>49777557
Filthy fucking lies.

That's my job shitboots.
>>
>>49779369
I love that thought.
Killing Sneks.

However if they are active during 30k, maybe not.
But during 40k, well.
The 2nd captain-commander kinda fucked off and did his own thing, being a pirate captain and hating the ever loving shit out of Xenos.
>>
>>49785217
>Are only writers opinions valued?
View it in context: Someone talks about "we", so they seem to be claiming to be part of the group of people writing the thing. In addition, the posting style was strongly reminiscent of a disgraced former "contributor" who claimed to be a GW staffer and a pillar of a project, then showed how great they were by dumping plagiarised material into our pages. This isn't a circle-jerk, but it's also a project that's been going on for two years and has a definite history.

For the rest of your post, you seem to be implying that breaking up the Legions was just about Space Marines and that the Inquisition is a monolith. The power of the Legions wasn't just in the number of power-armoured super-soldiers that they could call on. They also had tens of millions of mortal soldiers, hundreds of void ships, and pacts with Forge Worlds and other semi-digested vassal realms in the Imperium. To compare that sort of power to a couple of Space Marine Chapters really is making a mountain out of a molehill. All the more so in that the Inquisition isn't a self-formed or cohesive group with common interests. It's really a collective identified by similar powers, but one that fractures on ideals and methodology. So, yes, there might be a couple of Chapters that "the Inquisition" can call upon - but "the Inquisition" doesn't always agree with itself on what needs doing.

So, I accept your opinion that it would be unthinkable to drop the power of an unsundered Legion into the lap of a cohesive group in the Imperium. Clearly that wouldn't fit in with what the Primarchs are worried about. But I don't think that the idea being batted around is that. I think it's something quite different.
>>
>>49785403
I understand that, and I think I inferred you must put up with everyone 40k fanboys 'ideas'. I'm sure that's frustrating.
But do you think that means everyone who asks a question about what they've read on the wiki, or replies to a post on these threads should be shot down unless they write something?
If that is the case, it's your prerogative. But don't shit up 4chan more than it already is for that horseshit.
There are hundreds of other means to discuss your headcanon among yourselves, nearly all of them less of a headache than 4chan is. So you must be here to discuss your setting with other anons, no?

Christ almighty, a guy asked a question, and I agree with him that the reply only raised more questions. I told a smug namefag to lose the attitude because I and the other anon were interested in your settings deeper side, and wanted to see where you were going with it and maybe offer suggestions (at least in my case). Which kind of gives me my answer. A resounding 'fuck off, you're not in our gang'.
Good to know.
>>
>>49785986
See, you start off with reasonable points, but then:

>A resounding 'fuck off, you're not in our gang'.

You go too far and drop this big wad of projection. No one's offered you anger, yet you're presenting anger towards us. You're assuming everyone gets "shot down" or that people are "smug". And that's not a fair accusation.

Yes, I will stand in opposition to that kind of sentiment. If the shoes were on the other feet, I would assume you to do the same as well.
>>
File: 1472763870828.jpg (201KB, 893x950px) Image search: [Google]
1472763870828.jpg
201KB, 893x950px
>>49785986
Look mate, I don't really have a dog in this fight, but the way I see it, if you've got ideas, I'd love to hear them. We've got plenty of good writefags, yeah, but we can always use more ideas and prespectives. We've just recently seen how true that is because our new numberfag accidently created a bunch of good lore while just making up rules. New perspectives are always valuable.
>>
>>49786077
>You're assuming... that people are "smug".
Well, I am snarky. That's not entirely different to smug and without tone it's difficult to tell the two apart.
>>
>>49785986
>>49785403
>>49785217
>>49784279
>>49786077
>>49786079

ITT: Jadedness gone wild.

>we

I'm glad you feel included!
Anyway, the age of apostacy should be interesting, though I'm not sure on the Inquisitions place in all of it.

The Ordo Hereticus wasn't founded until post-apostacy in OU.

The Inquisition itself isn't tied to the Ecclesiarchy so it's in a weird spot as a powerful entity, probably the only one that posed any sort of threat [barring astartes and mechanicum.]

>>49786127
Sounds pretty smug.
>>
>>49786077
>people are "smug"
Well... I mean, most of us ARE kind of smug. Or sardonic, at least.
>>
>>49786185
Not me.
I'm usually suffering mentally due to legion re-writes and having them criticised by anons.

If I hear another "hurr durr emprah wouldn't let xenos live." I am going to bring the Astartes Centaurs back.
>>
>>49786179
Your face sounds pretty smug.
>>
>>49786216
sincere keks were had
>>
>>49786127
>>49786179
>>49786185
I suppose.

I just get tired of people who don't try to look at things from other people's perspectives, then concoct some narrative based on that incomplete data to justify their own anger/assumptions.

That's most of the reason why I namefag, just because it irritates other people and I enjoy it when people get angry over what is essentially a tired, sad, ancient meme of "Nametags R Bad"
>>
>>49786216
The Emperor wouldn't though.

Insert CSM centaurs now, or I will.

Eventually.
>>
>>49786216
But I like the... OK.

"Hurr durr emprah wouldn't let xenos live!"
>>
>>49786216
I mean, he wouldn't.

Speaking of things the Emperor wouldn't allow.

Black Augurs as the Emperor's Executioners. Thoughts?
>>
File: Lumierre.jpg (22KB, 551x528px) Image search: [Google]
Lumierre.jpg
22KB, 551x528px
>>49786221
Related.

>>49786238
Kill me.

>>49786258
It's ok friendo.
I forgive you.
I also name thee friendoanon

>>49786266
>>49786275

Icanfeelthatwarpovertakingme.remembrancerpict
>>
>>49786238
>sincere keks were had
>sncre eks were had
>snr eks were had
>sneks were had
Illuminati confirmed.
>>
>>49786258
We should just get serial numbers and set aside this tiresome pretense of individuality.

"I am number! I am not a free man!"
>>
>>49786298
Uriel's legion already does that, if I remember correctly. Although, deviant small chapter of melee executioners does run pretty close to the OU canon.
>>
>>49786319
Speak for yourself.

I sexually identify as an Attack Baneblade, do not dare use your numerarchy to infringe my right to deliver ELEVEN BARRELS OF HELL and unload ammunition with reckless abandon upon the Emperor's subhuman enemies, you utter shitlord
>>
>>49785854
I was more or less interested to see if you were doing anything with that plot thread.
The legion may have more to it than Astartes, but they are the powerhouse of it. Giving a nebulous group of shady eccentric characters access to more than a chapters worth would have interesting ramifications. The Minotaurs only real interesting point was the idea that they were the pets of the High Lords, doing their bidding like the days of the Great Crusade; where Primarchs wielded immense power.
The Codex breaks that up to stop it happening again. But then you have whats left of an entire legion being gifted to the Inquisition. Thats a goldmine of plot threads and unique ideas.

That was what I was getting involved for.
The other anon I can't speak for, but he seemed to be interested in the same train of thought. But he could equally have been plinking holes for fun too.

>>49786077
You're correct. My apologies. I can see I failed to convey myself clearly using that language. "Go away, your not in our gang" may have been more appropriate.

>>49786079
>my ideas
give me a little while, I need to go pick up my brother, but I mostly had questions to ask first.

Like the one I posted at the bottom of >>49785217

Additionally to this, it seems without a 'Lorgar' like figure to start the Imperial Cult, the ecclesiarchy and Inquisition itself would have wildly different origins.
The ecclesiarchy I'd assume is formed much later, while the Inquisition would be countering the influence of chaos with the Imperial Truth. That also implies they would have a fundamentally different outlook than the OU Inquisition who were pretty much a pastiche of religious fundamentalism, witch hunters of the 17th century and investigative tropes.
Here you have the Imperial Truth being the foundational building block of the Reformation. The Inquisition could be much more like Minority Report and the Wire. Or anything really.
>>
>>49786403
>No Lorgar
Actually, this is one of the lore issues that's been bugging me to.

The ONLY reason the imperial cult took over the imperial truth was because of how heavily established the Imperial Cult was in some parts of the empire, which was Lorgar's doing. One of the major themes of the Imperium is that they're crazy diverse, to the point where the ecclesiarchy is one of the only things actually tying them together.

How does this happen without Lorgar?

>Inquisition
I think one really cool way you could go with this is to replace the religion-heavy, superstitious methods of the canon Ordo Hereticus with a more modern, logical approach to investigation.

I love the idea of your average ordo hereticus inquisitor having more in common with a noire detective or a special agent than with a witchhunter or a confessor.
>>
>>49786403
>I was more or less interested to see if you were doing anything with that plot thread.
The general answer is "not yet". My notion of the Reformation is that many decisions get taken in haste. Some things that will end up being a problem are allowed to happen, because the priority is stabilising the frontiers.

>The legion may have more to it than Astartes, but they are the powerhouse of it.
This is a can of worms. Can we at least agree that the fleet is a big deal and solving the X Marines = Y Guardsmen euqation?

>the Inquisition
I feel like my point about the internal differences within the inquisition was just brushed off by a smug anon. Perhaps you didn't mean to do so, and were just eager to have your goldmine of plot threads and so forth worked?

> it seems without a 'Lorgar' like figure to start the Imperial Cult, the ecclesiarchy and Inquisition itself would have wildly different origins.
Why would the Inquisition be any different? It's set up by Malcador. The Ecclesiarchy - reading not very deeply between the lines - is an Inquisition plot to control the various cults that spring up in the devastation of the Heresy.

>>49786491
>The ONLY reason the imperial cult took over the imperial truth was because of how heavily established the Imperial Cult was in some parts of the empire
I don't really agree with that. For the rest of what you're posing, see >>49784707.
>>
>>49786751
>and solving the X Marines = Y Guardsmen euqation?
Ugh. Sorry, rushed off that thought far too fast.

*and avoid solving the X Marines = Y Guardsmen equation?
>>
>>49786341
Uriel doing that always struck me as weird. In either case, it would serve to explain why two legions were sent to censure them instead of just one. Also, the whole lack of brotherly love can be seen as intentional. They're not meant to empathize as much with other Astartes, because they're meant to kill them.
>>
>>49786751
>smug
You were smug and you're being smug now. Rather than admit you were wrong as I did for my choice of language, you double down on the smugness.
Besides the boastful namefagging, and the self-inflated opinion of your own intelligence and superiority evident from your posts, you were unable to answer a simple set of questions from two anons on the site you persist on frequenting but want to have no interaction with. Furthermore, you seem unable to grasp that the Inquisition, famous for its Witch Hunters and concluding 'everything is heresy', would not be any different if there was no religious undercurrent present at its inception to guide its initial philosophy. The fact the Imperial Truth, still heavily prevalent, is about rationality and logic wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference according to you. It'd be the same inquisition. Thats imagination right there! And you accused that other anon of being someone who counselled sticking to the GW canon!

No, instead you brushed it off with non-answers", and ''wit'', if you can call conceited boorishness wit.

I just came to write some Imperial Army regiments and maybe some xenos because this project seemed an interesting proposition, and the setting seemed light on those (mainly xenos). But I guess I wasn't mistaken; the original answer was indeed "fuck off".
Shame it's directed at others and not yourself. Have fun with your "Not a circlejerk" circlejerk, you unbelievably imperious faggot.
I'd ask you to all leave 4chan if you're so uninterested in outside opinions and interaction, but I can already tell you won't even hear it.

>>49786776
>Ugh. Sorry, rushed off that thought far too fast
That tends to happen when you care more about looking smart to others than being it.
>>
>>49787791

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then why not just write some IA and xenos, instead of arguing about how the Inquisition works? No one's stopping you from doing that.
>>
>>49787791
You're just foaming at the mouth now, but for the benefit of others:

The point anon is making about the origin of the Inquisition is way off course. In the hektorverse, as in the OU, the Inquisition was formed by Malcador during the Heresy itself, while the Imperial Truth is still a going concern. There's no Ministorum, there's no Temple of the Saviour Emperor, and the founder of the organisation is in line with the Emperor about theism being a terrible idea. No amount of shouting about how smug other people are or what the Inquisition turns into thousands of years later is going to alter that.

Now, if people want to talk about how might the Imperial Cult be different without Lorgar pushing an Emperor First, Last, and Always angle - well, that's not only an interesting point, it's something we've been discussing.
>>
Bout fuckin time. Last thread was pretty peaceful, we needed a bit of drama.
>>
>>49788429
I feel your pain, but this is low-quality, "death to namefags" trolling, not serious drama.
>>
>>49786751
>I don't really agree with that. For the rest of what you're posing, see 49784707.
So to clarify this, you imagine that the imperial cult would spring up as more of a thousand little religion popping up rather than one big one stemming from Lorgar's BgB?
>>
>>49788470
In the OU, they get thousands of little cults springing up in the decades around the Heresy (it starts a little bit earlier but really takes off in the war years and never lets up). The Temple of the Saviour Emperor is founded on Terra among Imperial Elites, and absorbs, sidelines, and outright annihilates the opposition with their superior political and military might.

To me, it looks like the Inquisition were up to something.

Now, the one big thing we're looking at changing in that picture (so far) is that one of the rival cults is wider-spread and becomes more significant to the survival of the Imperium. So there's some metaphysical shuffling to accomodate the patron of that Cult as the Emperor's favoured servant. The Confederation of Light has also been asterisked for further attention, as one compromise might lead to more down the road.
>>
>>49788568
Well, considering that the Inquisition is filled with numerous subfactions, you could have one that genuinely believes in the Emperor's divinity and secretly work to spread his word.
>>
>>49788871
If there *wasn't* such a faction anywhere in the =][=, I'd be a little shocked.
>>
>>49785842
Up to you and the rest when. I just had the urge to write about man-eating xenos.
>>
Hey, I know there's been a lot of drama with anons lately, but would you guys mind terribly if I made a Successor Chapter for the Stone Men?
>>
>>49792085
you go right a
>>
>>49792085
Go for it, everyone is welcome to contribute. New blood and ideas are always good for the project.
>>
>>49792097
>>49792136
Ok, thanks. I'll have a rough-draft of the page by Sunday.
>>
>>49792666
Yeah, and feel free to jump into our IRC if you want to workshop things with us
>>
Looks like it's been a bit of a cooling off day after all the idea trading earlier in the week. I'm sure that I'm not the only one with a bunch of stuff that's going to be written really soon honest.
>>
>>49796205
You just don't want to admit that people are leaving because they're fed up with you and this thread's bullshit wankery.
>>
>>49796934
Actually, this is pretty standard. The project has been going for years, and it has peaks and valleys in its population. We've had about a week solid of constant content creation. Not surprised it's dropping off a little bit.
>>
Are there any higher-res version of the primarch pictures than the 424x600 ones?
>>
File: Golgothos Oda.jpg (2MB, 3189x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Golgothos Oda.jpg
2MB, 3189x2480px
>>49797070
Yes.
>>
>>49797057
I blame the weekend
>>
>>49796934
If you're hunting for my secret motive, you're going too far. It's simply that I don't like bumping the thread with "bump".

>>49797070
Yeah. If you're looking on the wiki, check the text immediately beneath the image. It should give you options to look at higher-res versions, up to the quality of the original file that was uploaded.
>>
>>49797408
Yeah, I found them. I now have a desktop covered with variously-mustached Brennuses.

Brenni?

Brennae?

Brennui?
>>
>>49797498
I vote for Brennui
>>
>>49797498
>variously-mustached Brennuses
That's our band name right there.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.