[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 385
Thread images: 44

File: 1475821343385.jpg (269KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
1475821343385.jpg
269KB, 1034x775px
Fluff v. Function Edition

>Rules
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale old PDFs
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
First for Sisters of Battle Soon
>>
And the trashcan they belong in!
>>
Are the 100 Mutant Rabble effective enough tarpit for a list like this for the artillery and heavies to do their thing?

I REALLY wanna get a Great Brass Scorpion and a Knight

+++Renegades CAD+++

++HQ++

(5) Renegade Command Squad 65 pts
-Bloody Handed Reaver

++Troops++

2 (50) Mutants Rabble 330 pts
-Mutant Champion
-Flak Armor

++Heavy Support++

2 (3) Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery 140 pts
-Militia Training

(4) Renegade Field Artillery Battery 130 pts
-Militia Training
-Quad Gun

++Lords Of War++

Great Brass Scorpion Of Khorne 700 pts

++Fortifications++

Aegis Defence Line 100 pts
-Quad Gun

+++Forsworn Detachment+++

Renegade Knight 385 pts
-2 Heavy Stubbers
-Thunderstrike Gauntlet
-Battle Cannon
>>
any guard players wanna help me with my tourney list?
I've got
>two manticores
>punisher pask and his executioner doom squad
>three wyverns
>coteaz and his fuck you squad of melta,plasma, and monkeys
> ordo xénos inquisitor with his/her LSD grenades and servo skulls
> a sprinkling of psykers for twin linking shit
>an engineer to jack off my armor in whatever way i nee
>ADL
>30-50 bare bones guardsmen to do their meatshield/OBSEC/lots of bodies thing

any tips? what am i missing? why isnt there a weekly tactica thread?
>btw an inquisitional cabal taking over a guard armored devision to do some mysterious shit is perfectly fluffy so you can fuse fluff and function if you try hard enough
>>
>>49768722
Not at all. I never complained about GW. At all. I just said I don't believe the claim without proof. The fact you wrote "amazing game and survived 20 years" shows you're shitposting. You don't even know what you're talking about.

Stop shitposting. Don't bother replying to me, but you're so autistic you will, it's a real shame autistic people can't follow simply instructions and are socially inept. So I'll just take your (You) as payback for this one I'm giving you.

Utterly pathetic. Contemptible. Laughable. Bottom of the barrel scum. Your life is a cosmic joke.

>>49768755
I never once complained about GW. See above if you want. You yourself have just admitted to being new to the hobby. You don't know what you're talking about so the fact you called be 'jaded' is fucking laughable. Not at all, I've just had 15 years of nothing for Sisters. So I'm not going to believe shit just cause GW said it in a 'humorous' video. If they showed me the sprue and boxes like they showed Magnus, I'd be more inclined to believe. But I've heard "This is coming out SOON" and it doesn't. I'm done here. No point talking to people who act like a dick cause they think everybody is LE JADED XDDDD
>>
>>49768963
maybe add in some fast or outflanking units for capturing objectives
>>
>>49769007
sentinels are made of paper mache, vendettas and other flyers are nice for dropping troops in but they're a bit pricy and i can only afford one $ wise
>but with how good flyers are with angels of death i may have to find space for them

Is pask worth it? he kicks ass much his unit is worth 630 points, thats a lot of points to earn back
>>
File: BAWWW.jpg (24KB, 287x387px) Image search: [Google]
BAWWW.jpg
24KB, 287x387px
>>49768984
lets keep the butthurt contained to one thread, its a new post, lets just try and have constructive content, no need to carry the argument over.
>>
>>49769038
Armored Sentinels can actually be surprisingly resilient and work well with tank heavy lists.

Also. They look cool!
>>
>>49768963

>two manticores
Use presciencing psykers on these. Really helps with the initial pie plate.

>Punisher Pask + Executioner
Executioner buddy is FAQ'd so if your tourney is running by that, you won't get your re-rollable gets hot rolls.

>Coteaz
Hide in a footslogging vet squad with x3 Plasmas and a Lascannon behind a Russ/ LoS blocking bit of terrain. Can be an effective counter if you're expecting outflankers.

>Xenos inquisitor
Not great if they aren't in a decent assault unit.

>Enginseer
Granting PotMS to any vehicle in 12" is very useful. Keep him close to Manticores to get rid of Shaken/Stunned results. Can also be used on Pask to fire Gatling cannon at one target, and the hull + sponsons at another target.

>ADL
If you're expecting flyers, put a CCS in a quad gun and spam Take it down to do damage to Flyers and shooty MCs
>>
40k needs more tactical nuclear weapons.
>>
>>49769068
i won't deny they look cool, the Ciaphas Cain books make sentinels seem so badass, for sure will get used on my friendly lists

but... AV 10 in the ass... literally can die to a single squad of space marines... no way even a squad of 3 will last more than one turn
>>
>>49769092
pretty much nailed how my strategy will be, I've got about 50 USD left in the warhammer funds for this month, any recommendations? its 1850 points btw and only 40% of that can be allies/ formations
>>
>>49769053
Or people should keep their mouths shut if they don't know what they're talking about? I've been burned too many times, but if I hated GW, I wouldn't be here, would I?
>>
Played two games with Genestealer Cult, won both, both opponents salty as fuck muttering and angry all game about Cult Ambush,

>Gimmick as fuck
>all this flavour of the month
>Of course I fail my saves OF COURSE

fucking hell
>>
File: exalted seeker chariot.jpg (210KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
exalted seeker chariot.jpg
210KB, 1000x1000px
>>49769038
vehicles made out of paper are the best kind, they're also cheap so you don't mind when they die.
>>
File: MyPenisSizeIsJustAverage.jpg (61KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
MyPenisSizeIsJustAverage.jpg
61KB, 600x431px
>>49769111
Im sorry i can't hear you over my giant tactical nuke taking off
>>
>>49769122
Leman Russ have AV10 in the ass and do just fine wanna fiteaboutit?
>>
People thinking SoB will be released are delusional. First of, the video was a joke. It was literally mocking the internet for such things. GW is probably acutely aware that people want SoB and constantly go "IT'S THIS YEAR FOR REALSIES!" and it doesn't happen. So just make people go mental with this shit.

Remember when Shield of Baal came out and the leaked pictures of SoB in the book made everybody go "SOB UPDATE NOW :D" and it didn't happen? Same shit here.

Even if GW did it, even if they released SoB update. It will be a waste of money. Several third party companies have already picked up on the lack of update and produced their own range of SoB. From Raging Heroes, to Grasnak (or whatever) and shit like WargamingForge or whatever it is.

People will go with them, not GW. They're cheaper and they're out NOW.
>>
>>49769140
I think GSC is just fine, IMO it has obvious flaws, its balanced pretty well

>Of course I fail my saves OF COURSE

Im getting really frustrated when people have 10 wounds to save and they fail 3 of them with 3+'s and when that happens 5-6 in a game they start bitching about "muh dice gods", its statistics, you can't make every save
>>
>>49769179
>Same shit here.

How is it the same shit if GW actually says it this time? It was fans saying SoB that time, not GW.
>>
>>49769140
no mercy to tau, eldar, necrons, or loyalists marines
>>
>>49769198
Because it was a joke. It was advertising Magnus, not SoB.
>>
>>49768963
You need a lord/basic commisar and a priest for the blob squad. Give the sarge's power axes and melta bombs in the blob.

Your russ HQ squad is just too large and will get completely assblasted on turn 1 or 2. Take both plasma tanks as HQ, one as a tank commander or as pask if points are permitting towards the end. Give them camo nets.

Put the punisher in your heavy slot. Take a unit of 3 wyverns, then a single manticore.

You still need another troop option, so a squad of veterans with plasma or melta would be useful. Put them in a box of some kind.

Currently your army completely obliterators all kinds of things except tanks. You need anti-tank in some manner. Considering your army theme, 5 man scion squads with 2 melta guns each in deep strike can easily do this.

Put a psyker in the blob squad, near both plasma tanks and in the vet squad. Focus on twin linking the plasma tanks, everything else take powers as needed for the opponent's army.
>>
>>49768933
You would be better served by using siege of vraks and going nurgle to make the rabble zombies. They cost the same and are far more durable and fearless. Also, I would drop the aegis defense line and either bubble wrap your command squad in a chimera and give them a heavy weapons team.
>>
>>49769139
>but if I hated GW, I wouldn't be here, would I?

Fairly certain that you would be here.
>>
>>49769214
Putting shit at the end of videos is a way for hyping stuff up.
>>
How useful are transports for Grey Knights? Obviously Rhinos are good for squishy Marines, but would a Razorback or Land Raider be worth it?

Usually that's not usually the case with other Space Marines, but it would give some much-needed ranged support. Or should I just take Allies better suited for that?
>>
>>49769122
Think about it like this. They take up a fast attack slot, cost the same as a heavy weapon team with autocannons, and are able to shrug off small arms fire that get to your lines when you flank your main force. At no point should the enemy be able to see their ass. Put them in some ruins for a bit of cover and congrats, you just took jobs away from heavy weapons crews. They can even move and shoot and tie up fearless unit like Thousand Sons and Khorne Dogs. Only bad side being that they can't follow orders.

Don't buy them Cano netting. It's a trap.
>>
>>49769223
Oh and I forgot about the ordo xenos inquisitor. He can be a psyker, but his real role will be to join the blob with his rad and psyk grenades and let the guardsmen steamroll anything they fucking touch.
>>
>>49769159
like a shy schoolgirl or a skinny twink prisoner my LR's keep their asses concealed and in cover, with smoke launchers, camo netting, and guardsmen LOS blocking i never don't have at least a 4+ and thats IF they can see my ass, what they aren't doing is running around throwing that ass in a circle right in front of the enemy gun line capping objectives

but as i type that I'm starting to fall in to the "my units are special snowflakes and must never be removed even if i win the game for it" Pask WILL die, sentinels WILL die, and being <50 points a pop who cares if they die?
>>
>>49769229
This is a meme. Not him, but hate GW threads are for baiting.

>>49769237
If I ACTUALLY saw the sprue, I'd be hyped. Wasn't the rumour February release? I just don't believe it. Sorry, anon.
>>
>>49769242
and My FA slot is currently empty... dammit
i just... hated dreadnoughts in my marine army so I'm just kinda racist against walkers okay? ill admit it, gonna play test them a bit this weekend with dreads as proxies
>>
>>49769286
No, I made up the February thing in reply to a guy who was claiming they were getting squatted in Q2 next year.
>>
>>49769294
Fair enough my dude. Don't get me wrong, they will rarely if ever be your all stars but they're a good utility unit and fill a nice sweet spot most guard armies have room for. They're only BS3 but 6 autocannon shots, or, for even cheaper, a good more multilaser shots is a nice firepower buffer. Lets your heavy hitters gut your opponent. And if they're using high strength or anti tank weapons on your sentinels, well, those are weapons not aimed at your tanks, right?
>>
>>49769355
do you recommend scouts to outflank? or armored to run up the line screaming litanies of the imperial cult as they sprint into the front lines absorbing lascannon fire?
>>
>>49769332
Oh. That might have been me. I heard they were being squatted by 13th Crusade and I asked. You said it was February update and I said I don't believe you?

I dunno anon, you're breaking my heart. You're bullying me over the months....
>>
>>49769408
...Aliralli?
>>
>>49769408
No, I think I remember that, but I said that beforehand too.
>>
File: LISTEN NIGGER.jpg (25KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
LISTEN NIGGER.jpg
25KB, 500x441px
>>49769419

>>49769446
Oh. Okay.
>>
>>49769489
I also started the Brettonians and Tomb Kings are coming back rumour.

I'm basically 2 for 2. They teased Sisters and the Made to Order lets them bring back Bretts and Tomb Kings.

I think I should start on Squats.
>>
>>49769375
Armored to protect your flanks if you use lots of lemon russes or use blob guard.

I'm less of a fan of scout sentinels. They're slow, 10av all around, and can't grab some of the better guns the armored ones do.

Though I'm trying the latter our with genestealer cults seeing as how they can Ambush with Heavy Flamers.
>>
>>49769517
Well Brets and TK probably are. TK's will be Settra rebelling against Nagash, they mentioned lots of Egyptian themed shit in Lord of Undeath. Brets are mentioned to be living in Sigmarville. So it's likely enough.
>>
>>49769547
I'm running a heavy mech list, the 30-50 guardsmen i run are just meat shield to get in the way of bodies and bullets, if they were 2 points less to take with no gun and no armor i would do it.
>>
>>49769591
Ohhhh like chimera and taurox?
>>
>>49769603
any guardsman who thinks he deserves to be in a transport is in the wrong army, they cover more area on foot, i know I'm giving up objective grabbing but they work better to give cover and prevent assaults in the way i use them.

besides i used all the chimera chassis to make big fucking artillery platforms.
>>
File: sob102.jpg (133KB, 900x570px) Image search: [Google]
sob102.jpg
133KB, 900x570px
What Order is the SoB in the back from? Sexy paint scheme.
>>
File: =][='veBeenExpectingYou.jpg (237KB, 1000x1959px) Image search: [Google]
=][='veBeenExpectingYou.jpg
237KB, 1000x1959px
for the guy in the last thread asking about coteaz
>>
File: 20160602_184932 (1).jpg (140KB, 572x1017px) Image search: [Google]
20160602_184932 (1).jpg
140KB, 572x1017px
Does anyone have any painting tips?

Pic related is the first Spess Mehreen that I ever did.
>>
>>49769741

I used to, but when I moved closer to State and the group got more solidified we started going to Event Horizon. I honestly now work on Tuesday nights, but, I'm usually there just about every Saturday.

If I'm not there, I'm probably out of town or at another store's tournament.

Speaking of which, Edge of Oblivion GT is being hosted by us on the weekend of October 29/30th. Maybe I'll see you there!
>>
>>49769739
>the fucking bullshit Plasma Syphon FAQ is back and only slightly worse than before
>literally nobody complains because all the cheese these days is concentrated in grav

10/10 meta
>>
>>49769804
Thin your paints. Go back over spots where the red spilled over onto the yellow. Use some washes.
>>
File: DGmarines11.jpg (957KB, 1646x715px) Image search: [Google]
DGmarines11.jpg
957KB, 1646x715px
So, /WIP/ thread just died on me. Enjoy my plague marines. *Almost* finished now, 1000 p just under three months.
>>
>>49769852
Looking pretty good. Love the bases.
>>
>>49769804
Get sponsored by McDonald's
>>
If a rule says you have to be within, say six inches, does that mean the entire base has to be within the limit or merely a part of the base?
>>
>>49769709
Looks like red robes, black armor and gold trim so Our Martyred Lady
>>
>>49769962
Part of the base, I'd say.
>>
Does anybody think large artillery pieces feel off in standard 40k?
>>
>>49769986
considering the fact that they'd be shooting about 50-250 4x6 battlefields away if keeping everything to scale, yes
>>
>>49769986
>The Wyvern and Medusa have the same effective range of the LMG stubber on that Russ near the front
Yes they're shit.
>>
>>49769986
Yeah, you should be allowed to put them on any table in the room and still drop shells onto whatever shit needs killing
>>
>>49769986
>>49770022
tanks have like 100 meter max range if scaled up
everything is off
>>
>>49769976
I was viewing it as purple. But that will do. I'll just make my own up. I wasn't sure if there was a darkish purple thing already.
>>
>>49770078
And speaking of tanks, they never really have much room to maneuver.
>>
>>49770067
>LMG stubber
>lmg
i dont think you understand weapon classification anon, heavy stubbers are basically browning 50.cals
>>
>>49770219
Then again

>The Heavy Bolter and Autocannon are a squad level weapon
>>
>>49770219
And yet Chaos Cultists can carry them around and sue them exactly like LMGs.
And yet bigger nastier weapons are issued at fucking squad level to Guardsmen.

Sounds like an LMG by 40k standards,
>>
>>49770219
I think he was implying that in 40k, a Heavy Stubber is essentially a LMG, regardless of it's analogue in real life.

A Heavy Bolter is the HMG for humans. Though a LMG for Spess Muhreens and Sisters of Squatted.
>>
>>49770219
Heavy stubbers (at least the ones used by the cultists) are the M1919, which is .30 cal.

Vehicle mounted stubbers are closer to the M2 in design, but they're also significantly larger than the cultist-carried ones.
>>
>reading Angel's Blade
>see the awesome Relics
>see the note "Can only be used by units in Death Company formation or decurion"
>Oh well, that's still good
>Literally only HQ capable of taking them is a Chaplain

Why the flying fuck would a Chaplain replace his BADGE OF FUCKING OFFICE with a 2H sword? Why can't I make Death Company Captains?

Why can't GW allow Death Company Captains to be taken as HQ and fluff it as a Captain goes mental, but due to his rank, service and honours, he is subdued if he survives the battle and re-used. This makes it logical and explains why there are DC captains when it is already explained that only Tycho became one and he's dead. Meaning that the others are still sane in the membrane.

Otherwise, this is stupid. The ONLY relic worth taking them is the FnP one. The CA is useless due to being fucking expensive. The Armour is neat for fighting Eldar and other pysker shit. But the Chaplain isn't a melee monster. So giving it the 2H may look cool on a model, but it's anti-fluffy and just shit.

>>49770321
Somebody post the 9mm pistol 'autogun' that used to exist in Rogue Trader.
>>
>>49770264
Considering they're heavy weapons and can't really be fired without staying still, I don't think they carry them like the model does when firing them.
>>
>>49770321
>>49770271
>>49770264
It's just 40K's 1-10 system not having enough difference in the numbers.
A heavy stubber is S4, so the same as a .75 cal explosive shell with a diamond tip, or a shell from a mortar, or a direct hit from a fucking RPG, or a cultist with Furious Charge kneeing you in the gut.
Which is still less than an Ogryn punching you once, or a Blood angel kicking you in the chest, which is equal to being doused in napalm or a .99 caliber explosive.

Numbers are goofy in 40K. This is a known thing.
>>
>>49770361
can captain tycho be taken in the death company detachment? isn't he known for being the only black rage captain?
>>
>>49770430
No. Command is Astorath, Lemartes and Death Company Chaplains. No Tycho. Tycho CAN be taken as a Captain equiv in the Angel's Blade formations/decurions though iirc.

It's fucking stupid. Also, Tycho has been dead in the fluff for like 58 years. GW hasn't even replaced him. He's still listed as the 3rd Company Captain.
>>
so is Shrike 3rd Captain or Chapter Master?
>>
>>49770469
Chapter Master, but has his stats from when he was Captain in the Codex
>>
>>49770469
Chapter Master in fluff. Captain in crunch.

Khan will probably be promoted to Chapter Master when GW progress the fluff. Chorgoris is under attack, so the CM will prob die.
>>
>>49769820
Grav was a mistake
>>
>>49769986
I've been running basilisks since like forever
How are they off?
>>49770073
Remember the jokes about people putting down Deathstrike missiles and then calling out nukes onto the guys playing Fantasy two tables over?
>>
>>49769739
>I've been expecting you works on emergency disembarkation
that's actually pretty cool
>>
You have been assigned the task of making Tau grimdark. What do you do?
>>
>>49769739
Hadn't seen that one.

Gonna go shove it down the throat of the local hyperfaggot who tried claiming plasma grenades wasn't a fucking plasma weapons, and then bitched for 10 minutes until he went "muh roll-off" and won the roll.

Gonna print it on cardboard, so he is more likely to choke to death on it.
>>
>>49769820
At least it doesn't syphon from fucking all tau weapons anymore and nerf an entire army for a few points
>>
>>49770717
>implying tau don't need nerfs
Tau players have no room to complain about people nerfing their shooting.
>>
>>49770717
>>49770743
grav siphon when
>>
>>49770717
>waaaah tau arent powerful enough
>something used to counter them
fuck off vagina-nose
>>
>>49770685
Focus on the darker side of the "noblebright" society. IE: Cloning, forced impregnation, elimination of political opponents, etc. Smaller "rebel" bands of Xenos and Tau reminiscent of Farsight but they're too deep into the "greater good" shit to do anything as big as Farsight. Fuck it, you might as well make it partially Shadowrun where everyone's painted blue.
>>
File: sneekiscouts.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
sneekiscouts.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I think I'm doing entirely too well with my Camo-scouts. Now my army is falling under the silly trap of having units so well hidden that even I forget they exist. But now that begs the question. Just how effective is modeling for Table Camouflage? Ideally you would want to remember your own units, and have your opponent constantly forget they exist because he can't easily see them at a glance.
>>
>>49770685
Basically highlighting that a Communistic Utopia is fucking nightmarish.

Educated Camps, Baby Factories, Sterilisation, Forced Ideology, Military Enforcement under the guise of "keeping the peace", forced quotas on shit, execution of dissenters, mind rape of viable people to encourage 'change for the Greater Good'. More shit on how the Ethereals know more on what they're letting on. Create a sub-faction of Tau who want to know who the Ethereals are and where they came from, why they suddenly appeared without warning to save the Tau Castes from destruction.

Etc.
>>
>>49770519
Clearly.

Grav is the most retarded addition ever created. Even the stormsurge and riptide aren't half as retarded.

And I am a marine player.
>>
File: ultra reee.jpg (46KB, 375x592px) Image search: [Google]
ultra reee.jpg
46KB, 375x592px
>>49770824
>those undrilled barrels

FUCKING NORMIES! GET OFF MY BOARD! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>49769225
For some reason I thought I couldn't take Plague Zombies along with the Scorpion. I can. Also good looks on the chimera I was wondering how to have decent moving infantry.
>>
>>49770717
>not using millions of missiles

I literally use no plasma or pulse weapons. Like, at all. It is all rockets or kroot bullets.
>>
>>49769142

God that looks painful to assemble, paint, and look at.
>>
>>49770743
Yeah because a sensible nerf is "hey this upgrade that costs as much as a special weapon just rendered your massive gunline/riptidewing useless" no way will that centralize the meta in any way
>>
>>49769852

Never liked the whole 'sticking a plaguebearer's head on a nurgle follower' thing but that's just my autism. Looks great. Really like the mix of possessed bits in there too.
>>
>>49770685

Don't turn it into 1984. We have enough of these already. Instead follow something closer to Brave New World or Logan's Run.
>>
>reading GSC

What the fuck? So basically, even in a Tau, Eldar, Ogyrn, Ratling, Ork or Hrud get infected, they always turn out the same, look like like humans. I thought the whole point was the Genestealers took advantage of the host creatures particular abilities?

Why couldn't Aberrants be Ogryns which got infected?
>>
>>49770918
Yeah I mean tau can and will shit missles for days, but if you gave the plasma syphon to every imperium army you'd be looking at monobuild tau lists that focus on missles and not much else
>>
>>49770938
Ion isn't plasma. Ion accelerator would never have been effected by the plasma siphon.
>>
>GSC didn't do a fluff piece of a GSC fighting a Zombie Plague army
>didn't talk about the GSC infecting Zombies and watching them produce infected Zombie GSC things

Fuck you GW, you ruin everything fun.
>>
>>49770966
>Why couldn't Aberrants be Ogryns which got infected?
because ogryns arent a part of general imperium society, and come from specific worlds which wouldnt generally have any sort of sizable human population
>>
>>49770984
But that means that cool minigun in the riptides kit should just be melted down because it's worthless, the point I'm trying to make is there's better ways to nerf an army than make half the army worthless
>>
>>49771004
It LITERALLY says that's how they manage to infiltrate Astra Mili because they're so used to seeing abhumans.

What about the other races, huh? Why aren't there super psychic Genestealer Cults? The book says they infected a Maiden World, so they defo are infected Eldar out there. What about Tau? Or Orks? It says Orks got infected as well, but it doesn't make any difference in stuff.

My point being, will GSC cover non-human based Genestealers? Think about it. You could have an army of both Humans, Eldar, Ork and Tau infected Cults. I mean they stay hidden for hundreds of years, each cult would work to the better. It'd be pretty grimdark to show the Nids working together despite being different species, which would show how the Nids are beyond such petty ideals such as races and so on. All there is, is the Hive Mind.

So having powerful strength Orks GS, more technological adept Tau GS and more pysker Eldar GS.
>>
>>49770754
>implying someone who sold their entire tau army after 2 months and hates the fluff is a fanboy

It would be exactly like if there was a xenos item that made boltguns snapshoot and then I said "oh well space marines have melta plasma and grav still so it's not very good"
>>
File: 1419683011159.jpg (17KB, 396x384px) Image search: [Google]
1419683011159.jpg
17KB, 396x384px
>>49771078

>GSC just got their armybook
>already bitching about subfaction for them
>>
anybody played with the Lost Brotherhood Strike Force yet?
>>
>>49771078
The excuse is eldar take a looooong time to have kids, so any infected eldar probably haven't made it past generation 1 yet, also some bullshit about their close psychic bond being able to detect them, orks can naturally sense stuff that's "unorky" and tau have sanctioned breeding programs so the infected couldn't breed like rabbits and probably go through screening before fucking

>But it's all horseshit

You could easily make shit up for every race and forge the narrative, 40k is just a very humancentric universe
>>
>>49771078
>My point being, will GSC cover non-human based Genestealers? Think about it.
no? Why would it. You're not going to see rules for abhuman guard regiments any time soon either. Shit, when's the last time Catachans have had actual rules for their jungle fighting nature?

Homebrew it if you want a xeno cult. Don't slave yourself to the tournament mindset if you want to actually do what GW advertises their games with by "forging a narrative"

>but I have no friends and only want pickup games
so get some friends, fatso
>>
File: genestealer orks.jpg (192KB, 800x501px) Image search: [Google]
genestealer orks.jpg
192KB, 800x501px
>>49771131
Nah I would just like some cool stories about how psychic GS are fighting Chaos and fuck em up cause HOLY SHIT MIND RAPE.

>>49771232
>Genestealer Orks don't exist

NiceMeme.jpg

But it could be hand waved ANYWAY. Just make the genestealers make them reproduce quicker, say, the 1st Generation are faster reproducers or force quicker cycles. Or just simply go "This Cult has been around for thousands of years" or some shit.

>>49771337
Whoa at that last part, where did I say I didn't have any friends? I'm not fat either. I'd use the meme word of 'projection' here, but I'm beyond that.
>>
>>49769828
How would I go about thinning? Just add water or is there some tried and true method?

I've never done this before so I've got no fucking Clue what I'm doing.
>>
Are there non chaos rules for progressi e campaigns like Path to Glory? The idea of semi random reinforcements over multiple games sounds awesome.
>>
I'm a new player and I was reading the rule book and noticed something about Overwatch (I realise everyone but me knows what I'm about to say already) but I had a question.

So the following is what I read

1. Overwatch, resolved like a normal shooting attack - but resolved as a *snap shot*

2. Weapons and models that cannot fire snap shots cannot fire overwatch

Does this mean Flamers cannot be used in overwatch?

I would have thought so but I read many people referring to D3 hits and flamers in overwatch
>>
>>49771377
Take a little bit of water, and mix it with the paint on the palette. Saint Duncan exists on youtube, watch his painting tutorials.

Dont stress out about your first few paint jobs, it takes a lot of practice to get good results.
>>
What song does the Ordinatus Ulator play?
>>
>>49771419
Flamers have the Wall of Death rule, which gets you d3 automatic hits in overwatch.
>>
>>49771419
Flamers have a special rule regarding that
>>
>>49771430
I've Gotten slightly better, but It's still not coming out decently.

If I thin the paints I'm using I end up having to do multiple coats to get halfway decent coverage.
>>
>>49771442

Ah brilliant, thanks.
>>
>>49771433
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQAKRw6mToA
>>
>>49771458
Multiple coats is better than a single one.
>>
>>49771458
You should have multiple coats, 2 thin coats are always better than 1 thick coat.
>>
>>49771484
SO SPEAKS DUNCAN
THIN YOUR FUCKING PAINTS
>>
>>49771522
It's more than 2 thin coats, It's 2~4 coats and even then it doesn't go on properly.
>>
I'm guessing a Jinking vehicle with a flamer weapon can fire with no issues?
>>
>>49770966
You're reading it wrong, they use the host as a base for the genetic make-up, the more generations the more like the host species they become until they go full circle back to the purestrains.

>>49770996
That wouldn't be fun that would be fucking stupid, the whole point of Genestealers is that they fuck with the hosts reproductive system, and zombies don't reproduce.
>>
>>49771538
No, jinking causes the flamer to be snapshotted, which cant be done. Wall of Death only applies to overwatch.

>>49771535
You may be thinning it too much, try scaling back the amount of water just a little bit.
>>
>>49771433

Has anyone converted an Ordinatus into a Mechanicus party bus yet?
>>
>>49771553
No, I understand it perfectly. But the lore specifically mentions they take on traits of their host species. Which is why they can blend in as humans at the 4th/5th gen. If a Tau got fucked, they wouldn't look human by 4th/5th, they'd look Tau.
>>
>>49771595
Fjckckc

I meant

Has anyone converted an Ordinatus into a Noise Marine party bus yet?
>>
>>49771553
>Zombies don't reproduce

There is barely any fluff on such matters, but by your logic, GSC can't be changed from their goal of reproducing, but the fluff literally states Nurgle fucking them up so much they start spreading Nurgle shit and so on.

So why can't that work the same way round? Hive Mind overrides the Nurgle shit in the zombies and they reproduce.
>>
File: 20161013_130428.jpg (175KB, 1800x1012px) Image search: [Google]
20161013_130428.jpg
175KB, 1800x1012px
>>49771557
The red paint I'm using works well, goes on with 1~2 coats smoothly and cleanly, but I'm having to use a standard acrylic paint which isn't Thinned to the same consistency.

Pic related are the paints I'm using
>>
>>49771557

Appreciate the clarification, I've read that damn thing back to back twice now, there's so much stuff
>>
>>49771674
You really dont want to keep using that yellow. Hobby paints, while more expensive, are practically the only paints you should use. Craft store paints dont thin well at all.
>>
>>49771632
Chaos corruption is full of warp fuckery, Genestealer corruption is mostly biological.
>>
>>49771723
I've yet to see hobby paints of this color, The only thing I've found are inks which don't work at all.
>>
>>49771458
>If I thin the paints I'm using I end up having to do multiple coats to get halfway decent coverage.

That's what you're supposed to do. All those amazing paintjobs you see? Either airbrushed (meaning atomized paint) or dozens and dozens of layers. A Golden Daemon winner who does his work by brush will easily do 10, 20, or even 30 or more layers per color due to blends.
>>
>>49771745
>hur dur why should i thin my paints its dumb
>yellow model paint doesn't exist

You're starting to piss me off.
>>
>>49771745
If your open to using GW paints, Id recommend basecoating it in Averland Sunset, then going back over it with Yriel Yellow, it should be the same bright yellow your looking for.
>>
>>49771766
>>
File: 08X21.jpg (15KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
08X21.jpg
15KB, 600x600px
this shit is so bad I am filled with uncomprehending rage right now
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (299KB, 1600x1278px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
299KB, 1600x1278px
>>49771745
Search harder
>>
File: fluo yellow-500x500.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fluo yellow-500x500.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>>49771956
Those aren't the right shade, Pic related is what I need.
>>
File: 60340.jpg (45KB, 150x300px) Image search: [Google]
60340.jpg
45KB, 150x300px
>>49771995
>fluo yellow-500x500.jpg
>fluo yellow
>that's literally a Vallejo color
>>
On Natfka where they stated some codices weren't available because of quality control, is that referring to rules or the general codex layout itself?
>>
>>49772111
manufacturing
>>
>>49772111
you know the article itself explains that
>>
>>49772141
>implying people read Faeit articles
>>
File: 1476389175101.jpg (96KB, 1346x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1476389175101.jpg
96KB, 1346x1008px
>>49771674
>>49771995
That's a peculiar colour matching.
>>
>>49772079

>Helping retarded newfags

Stop that, he's either trolling or not smart enough to deserve to have nice things. Helping newfags is one thing, helping the retarded ones is another shittier thing.
>>
File: In progress.png (39KB, 676x923px) Image search: [Google]
In progress.png
39KB, 676x923px
Building an alternate to my DA/Salamanders allied 1.5k list, what should I add to this? Someone said Ravenwing Vengeances are shit, but is that really true? It IS a large blast plasma after all.
>>
Why is blob guard apparently bad? I really dont see how 200 guardsman is weak.
>>
>>49772192
Especially ones that want to paint fucking yellow...
>>
>>49769986
>>49770022
>>49770067
>>49770073
>>49770078
>>49770155

40k is not a milsim and never was.
Citadels are not scale models and never were.
Without range abstractions 40k would be unplayable as a casual TTG.
The devs have zero experience with tactical weapons and armour, so their space fantasy analogues have never been "modeled" on IRL TO&E.

Now, guess how I know that none of you are actual players.
>>
>>49772368
>implying implications
Jesus fuck calm down anon. We were just discussing how artillery doesn't see use as actual artillery would. Pretty much everyone agreed that 40k is fucked from the get go as far as numbers go and that by extension the abstraction of range is a necessary balancing component.

No need to get up on that high fucking horse.
>>
>>49772368
now guess how i know you're an autist
>>
God damn, why did I pick Dark Eldar when I can't edge highlight to save my fucking life?
>>
Does anyone use the Ordinatus Sagittar over the Ulator? Seems to me it's still plenty devastating and you could possibly include it in an army without everything else being unbelievably stretched thin.
>>
>>49772505
You're a masochist who was naturally drawn to becoming subject to tiny plastic sadists
>>
>>49772505

I feel the same way, but at least you assembled your models. I can't even bring myself to do that.
>>
>>49772510
Was planning to scratch build one from a Warlord Titan bellicosa cannon as that's the correct weapon, but wondering what to use as a chassis that would be about the right shape and not cost more than the Ordinatus in the first place.
>>
File: IMG_4099.jpg (918KB, 1136x852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4099.jpg
918KB, 1136x852px
>>49772542
>>49772560
Here's a pic. It doesn't help that the squad behind those front 2 had to be stripped twice and lost detail.
>>
>Be me
>Loved 40k since age 12, now 27
>Never collected, because no one else is into it
>Game shop opened up nearby in March this year
>40k players nearby!
>happytechmarine.png
>Buy 800 points Eldar, get a few games in, mostly vs Necrons but other people are building armies too, this is everything I ever wanted, no one is powergaming or being an asshole
>Shop says they are now closing on Mondays
>Monday is my only day off
>godfuckingdammit

Why does the universe hate me, /tg?
>>
>>49772584
Way better than mine, I can't paint for shit and I still jumped in to dark eldar.
Buying some harlies as well which I will also paint like shit.
>>
File: i finished them... for now.jpg (193KB, 2048x1535px) Image search: [Google]
i finished them... for now.jpg
193KB, 2048x1535px
Those of you who are active on /WIP/ are probably sick of seeing my badly painted Tau

BUT
I
FINALLY
FINISHED THEM

Any advice for painting them better in future?

The one that's lost a bit of detail was an experimental one for multiple colour schemes hence the thickness of the paint
>>
>>49772584

Those edge highlights are great I don't know why you're complaining.

They're only going to get better with practice. You're already pretty close to GW's official photo standards. Just keep highlighting until you can do them fast and straight, then next add a thinner one of white/lighter green and you will have what 'Eavy Metal does.
>>
>>49772584
Sword feels like it needs some more crazy DE tech stuff going on, maybe purple lightning and a blue wash or something. Still looks damn fine though, way better than me.
>>
>>49772803
>Dem tootsies
Too much of a contrast between skin and hoof. Maybe a wash?
>>
>>49772477
man, he must have needed a ladder for that horse.
>>
>>49772844
A wash is probably a good idea desu, what wash do you think would be good?

I didn't have a really light blue which is kind of dumb so I mixed white/dark blue but in retrospect I probably should have used more white
>>
>>49770685

Make the poor fagets get tricked and betrayed by the Dark Eldar again so they go full REEEEEEEEEE mode
>>
>>49770931
Even better, you actually have to build it out of two smaller kits, throwing away half of one.
>>
>>49772874
Duncan knows his shit much more than I do, so I'd say Agrax Earthshade? Also I'd have said a Darker blue would have been better, not lighter. But then I'm a newbie, so take what I say with a pinch of salt.
>>
Anyone have expierence using the Hellblade/Helltalon? Thinking about getting one, but I'm not so sure I wouldn't be better off just getting another Heldrake.
>>
>>49772933

With the new update, the Hellblade is meh, while the Helltalon is great. The problem is the Helltalon is the dogfighting version so it's only good against enemy flyers.
>>
>>49772735
>Eldar

You deserved it.

But in all seriousness that's rough. You really have to work six days a week?
>>
>>49772290
>plasma plasma plasma
>should I add more plasma

I don't mean this as an affront to you in particular but damn this meta is retarded
>>
>>49772962
My meta never picked up DFTS anyway, so it being a different kind of flyer doesn't matter.
>>
>>49772803
>Any advice for painting them better in future?

Learn colour theory,
Learn it, don't just google a "how to colour theory" and take it at face value, learn about harmonies, complimentary tones, brightness saturation and how they work.
>>
>>49772998
>mfw people have to "learn" that shit
>I could always just tell naturally what colors clashed and what didn't

It's not even talent, it's just coincidental upbringing. I feel like it's a type of blindness, like color blindness, if you can't tell when colors are jarring and clash. It's so obvious, it's right there in front of your eyes.
>>
Anybody tried any Kromlech stuff? They've got some neat bits I'd love to add to my Dark Mechanicus dudes.
>>
>>49772998
>>49773063
I am actually slightly colour-blind so that might explain whatever I did wrong
>>
>>49772975
desu all this plasma is because the DA in fluff are a plasma heavy chapter.

That and I'm crazy lucky so Get Hot! can suck it.
>>
>>49772806
I actually found out that their tutorial from the advent calendar is bullshit. It makes them look like the ones in my pic and not that sinister black-green from the actual webpage. For those you have to do Black basecoat, a THICK highlight of Incubi Darkness, then a thinner highlight of Kabalite Green, then a FINE ASS highlight of Sybarite Green. I might be able to pull it off on my Archon when I finish these dudes.
>>
Going to be starting a Deathwatch army soon and decided to come up with an army list to help base what models to purchase first and build from there. Thoughts?

+++DeathWatch+++

++HQ++

Watch Master 200 pts
-Teleport Homer
-Digital Weapons
-Melta Bombs

++Elites++

Terminators 285 pts
(2) Assault cannon/PF, (1) Stormbolter/PW, (1) Heavy flamer/PF w/ aux melta, (1) Stormbolter/PF with cyclone

Venerable Dreadnought 140pts
-Twin linked Lascannon

++Troops++

Veterans 145 pts
(2) Shotgun/bolter, (1) Infernum Heavy bolter, (1) bolter/power weapon, (1) bolter/chainsword

Veterans 275 pts
(1) Black shield with heavy thunder hammer, (1) shotgun/SS, (1) heavy thunder hammer, (1) power weapon/SS, (1) flamer/power weapon
-Drop pod

Veterans 250 pts
(2) stalker bolter/chainsword, (2) frag cannon/chainsword, (1) plasma gun/chainsword
-razorback w/ TL heavy bolter

++Fast Attack++

Bikers 205pts
(4) power weapon, (1) chainsword, (1) chainsword w/ meltabombs

Plan is to pod in the watchmaster with the close combat squad and rely on the beacon to deep strike the terminators to deal with any infantry and maybe pop a vehicle or two.
Razorback delivers the heavy team to where they need to be with the footsloggers covering the rear with the dreadnought. I'm not sure how to best use bikers but I love the look of the models so I want to give them a try. Also love the fact that all deathwatch termies can take heavy weapons
>>
>>49770685
Advance the universe by making the Tau not a new threat, all the other big factions now acknowledge the Tau on the same level they acknowledge IoM, Eldar, etc. Make the Tau branch out their empire further, and then succumb to the same problems that IoM faces with its huge spanning empire, things like communication problems, greater emphasis on indoctrination and conformation as the Tau get bigger than they can handle. Let them have their godtier technology, but it can't fix every issue that the empire faces, besides blowing up their enemies. Have the Tau mettle into the affairs of other factions (stupid example that doesn't work: getting involved with planet Armageddon)
>>
>>49772964
Eeeyup. I run a kitchen solo, do 12 hours a day tuesday through sunday. Pretty brutal, but I like the job. And for the pointless record, I started with Eldar because I love the fluff; eldritch undead reincarnated into bone bodies and wielding reality-warping flame cannons is just badass. Didn't even realise they were op until my first game.
>>
>>49773079
Well mud-butt yellow-brown, flat green and fire hydrant red lacks... some brightness variation, again a wash might do a lot, but as it the green and brown neither contrast nor harmonize.
>>
>>49772510
If you use either you deserve a righteous kick in the balls.

I love how it looks and if I had the money I would buy one just to display, but a fucking volcano cannon/fuckthisentiretable cannon on an invincible platform is crazy.

I mean, the fucking thing is more durable than Titans.
>>
>>49773210
its not """""invincible"""""
just use haywire
>>
>>49773233
I guess it's a lot less of a problem in 40k but haywire still doesn't grow on trees, and anything that does have it will be wiped in one turn by the fucker.
>>
>>49771078
>The book says they infected a Maiden World, so they defo are infected Eldar out there

A maiden world is a world created by Eldar, not inhabited.
>>
So I'm new here, just wanted to ask:

Roughly how good would you say AdMech is in relation to most armies?
And is there any info on a combined AdMech/Skitarii codex?
>>
>>49773273
do you even haywire scourges friendo
>>
>>49773303
They're not top-tier but overall they're pretty good overall, what really hurts them in the meta is a lack of transports these days, other than that most of their units are really good though.

Unless, of course, you're referring to CultMech specifically, where I could say a similar thing. Battle Servitors and Robots are really good, especially in formations, and the Dominus is one of the best upgraded HQs in the game.
>>
>>49773303
Solo Skitarii is pretty middle of the road. great shooting but slow and fragile. Cult Mechanicus is a little below them with very few options even though castellans are super sweet.
War Convocation is literally one of the top 5 armies in the game though.
>combined mechanicus codex
Don't hold your breath.
>>
>>49773233
that reminds me
why the fuck does haywire exist, especially on so much shit
>>
>>49773273
>haywire still doesn't grow on trees
>laughing admech.webm
>laughing dark eldar.webm
>laughing tyranids.webm
>an invincible platform
>laughing Dthirster.gif
>>
File: a73.png (54KB, 600x846px) Image search: [Google]
a73.png
54KB, 600x846px
>tfw there is a half tau/half tyranid gene cult hybrid out their raping SOB's with his tiny blue barbed alien dick
>>
>>49773416
In the olden days people couldn't plink heavy armour to death and melta got too samey.

Introducing robot poison aka Haywire.
>>
File: better or worse?.jpg (142KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
better or worse?.jpg
142KB, 1200x1600px
>>49773203
Filename

Obviously this was only a quick fix, and I can layer Fire Dragon Bright over it if you think that'd be better?
>>
>>49773452
Except, y'know, most Tau gene-cultists will be murdered by the Hivemind and their own offspring long before they encounter SoB. That and the SoB would be an incompatible mate so the cultist would have no reason to do so in the first place.

No fun allowed.
>>
>>49773474

I thought the gene cultists were canonically raping anything at this point
>>
>>49773471
I'd say much better.
Maybe brown toes too, then a wash'd pretty much make them solid.

What's the colour of the eye-lens?
Purple like backpack powercells?
>>
>>49773452
No.

Purestrains implant by tounge, hybrid are incompatible with species they aren't hybridised with.
>>
>>49773457
on a 2+ though? jesus
I should be happy as a longtime DE player but I'd much rather have my old guys back
>>
>>49773516
Yeah purple eyes, I'm having trouble making the purple really pop like a light, though.
>>
>>49773531
2+ glance, glances were inconveniences.
>>
>>49773499
Nah. As said by >>49773528 the hybrids just abduct and breed with pure specimens of the species they're hybridised with.
>>
>>49773273
>I guess it's a lot less of a problem in 40k
Dude, 40k is leagues ahead of 30k in terms of power level.

Have you seen daemons in 30k? You have primarchs thinking they're hot shit then in flies mr D-thirster with his 2+ rerollable invulnerable save and wrecks him three ways to sunday.
>>
>>49773552
>lmao 2+ rerollable
Maybe read the daemons codex before you shitpost
>>
File: file.png (41KB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
41KB, 217x217px
>>49773545
There pic related, OR the cheat, which is bright purple and then clear varnish.
>>
>>49773531
>when I lose my Leman Russ to 12" moving scourge that were 30" away from front armor in a single turn
haywire has to go
>>
>>49773345
>>49773371

I'm just starting out with a cult mechanicus army, planning on getting the models for an elimination maniple, combined with a skitarii start collecting box and maybe inquisition allies how good could they be?
>>
>>49773578
>he doesn't know
>but he pretends he does
Nice try, kid.
>>
>>49773580
>dark eldar killed something very quickly with a fast moving, incredibly fragile suicide unit
what a shock, how horrible
>>
>>49770931
Oh it was, it's in my top 3 worst models to put together. I also bought one second hand that had a horrible paint job and the previous owner didn't bother to clean off the sprues. Still, it's a labor of love and when it kills it's amazing
>>
What happens with D-wounds that overspill from challenges?
>>
>>49773646
They can't
>>
>>49773616
>bloodthirster starts with 5+ invuln
>Grimoire to 3+
>Cursed earth to 2+
>Only Tzeentch daemons reroll 1s to save
Where can a bloodthirster find a reroll on saves?
>>
>>49773619
so this is the type of person that plays 40k now huh

shame
>>
>>49773664
Greater gifts, number three "dark blessing".
>>
>>49773679
thats literally the function of the army, and always has been, you whiny cunt
they either kill your shit right away and have a large advantage, or it becomes a fucking slaughter because nothing except talos and cronos are even remotely durable
and i suppose a drop pod full of sternguard with combi-meltas destroying any vehicle they come in range of is far more reasonable and fair than scourges, right?
>>
>>49772975

Everyone's doing the plasma!
>>
>>49772290
Please please please do not build a Land Speeder Vengeance. Its one of the worst things in the codex and its kit builds one of the best things in the codex, the Darkshroud. It doesn't even matter if you don't bring Ravenwing, just get the Darkshroud instead. I'm begging you. Even if you have 0 bikes it offers cover, cancels overwatch and gives fear while having a 2+ rerollable jink itself. Please don't use the Vengeance.
>>
>>49771723
craft paints thin well with flow improving medium. i use a 50/50 mix of water to (1 flow:20 water). it works wonders.
>>
>>49773711
Looks like I need to field my daemons again, completely forgot about that gift.
>>
>>49773719

>meta is full of plasma and Grav

Even at T7, 3w 3+ isn't durable anymore.
>>
>>49773774
>>49773664
TO BE FAIR, the horus heresy rules explicitely prohibit generating malefic daemonology unless you are either a word bearers librarian or lorgar transfigured so 30k daemons not stupidly OP as can be in 40k.
>>
>>49773797
I take mine with a chronos in a dark artisan formation with a 4+ re-rolling 1s FnP, that's it's real save while the ap3 is just a bonus vs weak weapons.
>>
>>49773812
>Unless you are a Word Bearer Psyker
FTFY, anon. They finally fixed that, seeing as it was odd that their literal Daemon characters couldn't cast Malefic.
>>
>>49773832
Eh, call me when the literal daemons faction is allowed to do it so I can cheese out some mechanicum.
>>
I'm being a Forgeworld slut end of the month, thinking of either a Barracuda or a XV107. Any advice?
>>
>>49773869
The Barracuda is an underappreciated model. Everyone buys the suits but the new plane is both neat looking and pretty good on the table.
>>
>>49772803
>Painted finger nails
LONDON
You need washes and edge highlights, watch warhammer tv duncan videos and visit /WIP/ maybe
>>
>>49773915
it was actually their skin but my phone camera is shitty (shock) and makes the skin look really weird

Thanks for the advice though, I will do.

>>49773579
That's crazy helpful, thanks a lot
>>
>>49773893
I was thinking, barracuda and some remora, should be nice.
>>
I like the visuals of 40k but I'm too autistic to play. Where can I get some knock off marines to paint?
>>
>>49773829

Ah, yea that would help, but then you basically have what, 500 points of slow do nothing?
>>
File: uJ835Rd.jpg (414KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
uJ835Rd.jpg
414KB, 2448x3264px
>>49772803
Easy recipe for Tau Flesh.
Basecoat: The Fang
Thin layer: Russ Grey
Wash/Shade: Nuln Oil
Layer again, making sure to not touch recesses: Russ Grey
Highlight(If you're feeling bold): Fenrisian Grey.

Result is pic related.
>>
>>49773982
>but I'm too autistic to play

Autism is 40k's only requirement for entry

You'll fit in just fine
>>
>implying this isn't how 90% of 40k fights go down

MELEEFAGS BTFO. GW RECOGNISED THE SUPERIORITY OF THE RANGE WEAPON.
>>
>>49773869

R'Varna is shit both ugly and shit rules why would you ever buy it. Either buy the Y'vahra or the new Barracuda. XV9 Hazards are also shitty but at least they have awesome models.
>>
>>49773983
It improves the FnP of everyone near them and acts as a guard dog against any units wanting to enter my side of the board.
It's not like we don't both know I'm not playing a top tier army here so I don't know what more you're expecting.
>>
>>49774016
>his standard issue ranged weaponry doesn't penetrate the majority of infantry armor
>>
>>49774016
Nice pistol, hope you got another one there cause you'll need the extra attack *unzips Grimoire and Screamers* :^)
>>
File: 1472893067987.jpg (26KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1472893067987.jpg
26KB, 396x385px
>>49774032
>R'Varna is shit both ugly and shit
>ugly

I have NEVER said this before.

DELETE THIS.
>>
>>49773580
I feel like I was lucky the first time my DE friend brought a couple haywire Scourge squads, his bad rolls only reduced tanks to 1HP but cover was his bane.

Now I want to cling to cover, use Camo Nets on my tanks and Conqueror of Cities trait with all the Ruins my group uses.
>>
>>49774032

R'Varna is ok if you know what your doing.

I own both FW rips.
>>
>>49774016
>Implying your small-arms don't harmlessly deflect off the Astartes' power armour, unless you manage to hit small gaps in a large body, against a moving target, going faster than most Humans could reach at their best

That being said, most non-Astartes/Daemon factions would get their asses kicked by playing the melee game. Guess which factions are notably almost 100% shooty, anon?
>>
So according to someone on natkfa sanguinius was the figure hidden on that poster - back as a bloodthirster sized killmonster
>>
>>49774032
Is the Y Suit the one with the Plasma Flamer array, and the jump system? That's the one I meant.
>>
Does any field chaos decimator daemon engines? I want to get some for my daemons.
Seem like a nice shooty platform.
>>
>>49774044
Little melee boi going into damage control mode. Just accept that it sucks!

>>49774045
Pffft. You cannot compete with my big, long, thick, heavy railrifle, little melee boi.

>>49774070
Pffft. Astartes literally got killed by a faggot with a wooden spear in The First Heretic.
>>
>>49774076
>Natfka
Yeahno.
>>
>>49774097
Screencapped
>>
>>49774076
Sanguinius's model is probably in the works for Forge World, so this isn't surprising.

But, Natkfa is notorious for posting shit purely for (You)'s... I mean (Hits).
>>
>>49774096
>>Pffft. You cannot compete with my big, long, thick, heavy railrifle, little melee boi
>Heavy Railrifle
>Thinking it's good for anything other than anti-vehicle
>Not picking objectively superior anti-vehicle options

If you're such a shill for ranged, at least be competent at it.

>>Pffft. Astartes literally got killed by a faggot with a wooden spear in The First Heretic.
>Somebody actually managed to hit him in the gap, despite the fact that in the fluff we've seen this is an incredibly rare occurrence it's obvious proof of a trend

Enjoy killing a company of Space Marines then conveniently ignoring the tens of thousands of Astartes-inflicted casualties done on your own side, blueberry.
>>
>>49774105
Look at that poster
It's a big figure with black deathger wings and red elsewhere
And the blood angels have in effect an entire death company in the latest campaign book
>>
>>49774087
Good at killing elite infantry in melee

Give it the storm-laser or butcher cannon, and a siege klaw

I mean they are kind of shit really, too expensive when a SG is similar and cheaper. I use one with my Iron warriors for fluff reasons
>>
>>49774134
>He thinks I'm just shilling for Tau

JUST. AS. PLANNED.
>>
>>49774039

I mean, that's fair. I'm also kind of an armchair general at this point because I can't bring myself to actually put them together, especially because I need to buy a little more to round out what I have. I want fliers because they're cool looking, but I've been informed they're pretty bad in a Codex that's already pretty bad. I can't win it seems.
>>
>>49774140
*black feather
>>
>>49774140
Give pics. I am lazy.

As for that, it's unlikely to be Sanguinius. Why the fuck would be come back NOW?
>>
File: image.jpg (219KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 1600x1200px
>>49774016
EVEN IN DEATH WE STILL SERVE! YOUR PUNY GUNS CAN NOT CHALLENGE OUR MIGHT!
>>
File: Untitled.png (255KB, 481x576px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
255KB, 481x576px
I had to much fun making this when the Riptide copypasta was born.
>>
>>49774076
>>49774140
>>49774169
Sanguinius is LITERALLY dead, he's is the second MOST DEAD primarch after Horus himself and I will fucking quit 40k if he comes back because doing so would invalidate ALL OF THE CHARACTER BUILDING BANGELS HAVE HAD FOR THE PAST 10000 YEARS.

30k? Shit, I'm down for it
>>
>>49774153
Not at all, just your shilling for ranged in general. Tau would be a decent exemplifies of range-supporters, though, for more than a few obvious reasons (though their average infantry weapon still can't deal with the thicker plates of Astartes Power Armour.)
>>
>>49774184
W-woah hold on there Anon, if you want to bring that list against me you gotta at least let me have three Termie squads in Land Raiders.
>>
>>49774184
Get on my level, faggot.

HQ: Fireblade (60)
Troop: x5 Fire Warriors (45)
Troop: x5 Fire Warriors (45)
[Heavy Retribution Cadre]
x1 Ghostkeel (130)
x1 Stormsurge (360)
x1 Stormsurge (360)

Total: 1000

>>49774186
It's been hinted for a VERY long time that all the Primarchs come back, anon. Who do you think is the 'figure in Golden Armour who will stand in front of the Golden Throne against the hordes of Chaos?" Dante? HAH. No, it's Sanguinius.
>>
>>49774235
Well, Dante needs that. It's the one of the few things he has to look forward to.
>>
>>49774235
>It's been hinted for a VERY long time that all the Primarchs come back
Yeha, the LIVING primarchs. Ferrus and Dorn aren't come back either.

>Who do you think is the 'figure in Golden Armour who will stand in front of the Golden Throne against the hordes of Chaos?" Dante? HAH. No, it's Sanguinius.

>He doesn't know that all the Primarchs used to wear gold armor
>He doesn't know about the Sanguinor who is basically MADE OF FUCKING GOLD
Could be anyone or anything famalam.
>>
>>49774235
>There isn't a formation that lets you field nothing but Broadsides and Stormsurges

Why even live?
>>
>>49774287
Uh... Are you blind? There is. It's ___Unbound___
>>
>>49774297
That's not a formation.
Unless it comes with a bonus on top of untispam it's literally worse than Orks.
>>
>>49774167
>>49774140
Still waiting on that picture. Oh wait. It won't be posted. Because the poster your talking about is the one with DAEMON PRIMARCH MAGNUS BEING COVERED UP. NOT FUCKING SANGUNIUS.
>>
>>49774360
So guys, what's worse?
A Stormsurge or a Wraithknight?
>>
what the fuck does "Armageddon Dust" texture paint do?

I'm new and I'm terrified to use it because what the fuck is a texture paint
>>
>>49774404
Wraithknight. Stormsurge is an absolutely horrifying unit but it's not quite king of all robots.
>>
>>49774404
You can't tank shock a Wraithknight with a 35pt Rhino, can you? Stormsurges come with a hefty cost while Wraithknights are cheap as shit.
>>
Rate my list.
=CaD=
HQ
Lord of change, psyker lvl3, impossible robe, lesser gift
-Herald of tzeench, psyker lvl 3 staff of paradox
-Herald of tzeench, psyker lvl 3 exalted gift
-Herald of tzeench, psyker lvl 3
-Herald of tzeench, psyker lvl 3
Troops
11 horrors
11 horrors
11 horrors
11 horrors
Elites
3 flamers, pyrocaster with lesser reward
Heavy support
-Daemon prince of Tzeench, wings, lesser reward

1500 point son the nose.
I'm not going to use the exalted gift for the book as it seems too cheesy and besides, I found out if you use the portal glyph to summon pink horrors you can basically get a new squad of psykers for free each turn.
This list starts at 26 warp charges a turn but as I summon more pink horrors I will get more, aiming to be able to build the warp flame host in the future.
>>
>>49774404
Stormsurge.

Cheesey AND Ugly.
>>
>>49774434
Tzeentch/9 pretty typical and quite powerful T. Daemons psykerspam list.
>>
File: 1426592880105.jpg (89KB, 438x503px) Image search: [Google]
1426592880105.jpg
89KB, 438x503px
>>49774434
>21 warp charges a turn
>>
>>49774279
>Ferrus and Dorn aren't coming back

You do realise it's been coveniently set up to happen, right?

Read the Horus Heresy book. It specifically says when the Iron Hands went mental, many of them outright refused to believe he's dead. Which can be further backed up by the fact Fulgrim gave over to the Daemon in order to make him win. What Daemon? Daemon of Slaanesh! What do they like? Experiences and shit. So what would be more sweet than Fulgrim believing he killed Ferrus all those years and suddenly seeing him alive? Imagine the sweet sweet emotion juice.

As for Dorn, all we know is his hand was found. He could have survived and hidden somewhere. One of the theories I read was he became the Adeptus Custodes leader. So he could easily be fitted in.

As for Sanguinius, he's Space Jesus. He'll return from death to fight evil wherever it's found!

Curze will be brought back by the Chaos Gods who will ultimately turn on Chaos going "Nah you're actually worse than the Imperium".
>>
>>49774440
>Cheesy
I'll give you that
>Ugly
Don't talk shit about my Squat-bot.
>>
>>49773985
>Easy
Lies
Just use Ice blue and regal blue mixed, then add ice blue drybrush and done
>>
File: 1472430722817.gif (90KB, 158x271px) Image search: [Google]
1472430722817.gif
90KB, 158x271px
>>49774440
YOU'RE UGLY.
>>
What is the absolutely cheesiest Space Marine list right now?
>>
>>49774452
Yeah but I can only summon more pink horrors so I'm just going to be slapping them to death with pink horrors.

I can't even begin to describe how much I love pink horrors.
>>
File: 1465359631859.jpg (41KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
1465359631859.jpg
41KB, 500x363px
>>49774462
>it's literally open-topped for no fucking reason
>>
>>49774235
>figure in golden armor who will stand in front of the Golden Throne

>Golden Armor?
Check
>Shows up to fight chaos in times of fire need?
Check

Fun fact, this armor was already in front of the Golden Throne.
>>
>>49774431
You know the stormsurge isn't destroyed by the tank shock, it just falls over and spends the rest of the game plailing on the ground.
>>
>>49774489
>One of the vents is dangerously close to the aforementioned open-topped cockpit, a vent for a weapon that puts out enough energy to hypothetically fry organic matter with its runoff

Earth Caste, calm the fuck down.
>>
>>49774500
>allowing heretics into the Imperial Palace

LOL.
>>
>>49774487
Toss up between biker or podders with a side order of psykerspam.
>>
>>49774279
What part of Sangüinius is the Jesus of 40k you do not understand
>>
>>49774431
not how that works bud
>>
>>49774516
>Sororitas
>Heretical

U wot?
>>
>>49774516
>Heretic

>Allowing Lorgars folly to taint the empire.
>>
>>49774516
But Anon, the Fabricator-General's boys go in there all the time!
>>
>>49774434
Curious to see what Tzeentch formations the next book will have.
>>
>>49774523

Is it preferable for the grav podders to be in centurion suits or not?
>>
>>49774559
That would neither they nor their pods will have obsec
>>
>>49774534
>Psychic Manifestations that don't die
>not daemon shit

Thus, heretics.

>>49774542
You mean SAVED the Empire.

>>49774544
Machines can't be heretics.
>>
>>49774554
9x9 rubrics.
Gain, Relentless and Stubborn
>>
Why do we worry about competitiveness and meta when most of us will never travel for major tournaments?
>>
>>49774593
>Machines can't be heretics

Did you just excuse the AdMech for not following the Imperial Creed? I'm getting mixed signals about your intentions here, Anon.
>>
>>49774595
>stubborn
They're fearless already, GW can't be this incompetent
>>
>>49774615

thatsthejoke.jpg
>>
>>49774429

It is basically light tan/desert yellow painted sand. I use it for my desert bases. I drybrush with white afterwards and it looks like hard packed desert terrain.

I wanted a softer sand look so I'm thinking of using a wash or bone drybrush and using the new Armageddon Dunes instead. Or I should just re-base all my shit with Vallejo's sand paste which is much creamier.

Armageddon Dust looks good dude, don't worry about it. You just slather it on your base and give it a drybrush, maybe a wash if you want, and it looks like you based it with glue and sand, but with fancier patterns.
>>
>>49774615
They've also S&P as is.

But ok they can have Hatred for Characters with MoN
>>
>>49774615
Black legion formation gives double fear and double hatred.
>>
>>49774614
They worship the Emperor, in their own way. They might not follow the Imperial Creed sacrosanct, but they help us and TECHNICALLY they are a Vassal and they can make their own choices.
>>
>>49774665
Note that some Living Saints are officially recognised by the Ecclesiarchy, thus they may not follow the exact definitions of Human, but they help us and the like.

No Anon, it is you who is the heretic for blaspheming against Celestine's divine purpose.
>>
>>49772318
It's mainly the fact that one turn with my 160 infantry model list lasts nearly an hour with all the movement
It's not inherently bad, I mean it has major gaps and it's not going to win a tournament but it's not an auto lose set up
>>
>>49774637
A heavy bolter with ensorceled bolt shells wouldn't hurt, I mean it's just an up scaled bolter.
>>
>>49774692
>playing blobguard
>not having movetrays
>>
Alright, which do you guys think is the better GSC list?

COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT x8
Magus ML 2 65pts
Magus ML 2 65pts
Neophyte Hybrids x10 50pts
Neophyte Hybrids x10 50pts

1840 pts, 32 warp charges, 16 MSU on the board at deployment, summoned troops will have ObSec

Or...

DOTING THRONG x10
Magus ML 2 65pts
Acolyte Hybrids x5 40pts
Acolyte Hybrids x5 40pts
Acolyte Hybrids x5 40pts

1850 pts, 20 Warp Charges, 30 MSU on the board at deployment, summoned troops will have Zealot.
>>
>>49774690
>nobody was willing to do the art of Sanguinour and Celestine giving each other a gift of a dead heretic on their sword to cement their relationship

I'd take some hot Angel sex if possible.
>>
>>49774706
Whoa, whoa, we don't want to make Rubrics too powerful there, Anon, gotta keep the balance, you know?

Tell you what, we'll let you take Heavy Bolters, and for 10 extra points you can roll d6 at the beginning of every turn, on a 1 to 4 it becomes S4 AP5, on a 6 it becomes S5 AP 3 Gets Hot.
>>
Question, lads. Can the formation from GSC, the Patriarch, Magnus and Primus join another formation. Like, I dunno, the Genestealer + Patriach formation.
>>
>>49774721
>summoned troops have obsec

Pretty sure the Daemons FAQ goes against this bruh.
>>
>>49774593

>Living Saints
>Psychic in any way

You're just wrong.

I'm specifically talking about Celestine, who is basically shows up where the Emperor wants her to be.
>>
>>49774758
Actually it goes the other way.

Any summoned units are part of the same detachment as the summoner so daemonettes summoned by a CAD herald would have detachment bonuses.
>>
>>49774713

Movement trays limit the way you move and deploy. What if you wanted to do a wedge, or conga line, or-

Who am I kidding, everyone knows horde players just dump a bucket of gants/boys/guardsmen onto the table and shove them around with a plate on the end of a long stick, like those English gentlemen in old timey war movies.
>>
>>49774753
Do you mean join another unit? If so, yes, except it can't be Genestealers because their special rules prohibit them being joined by any IC except a Patriarch.

>>49774758
You have a pic? Because the Tyranids FAQ very much does the opposite.
>>
>>49774748
>roll d6
>on a 6 it becomes S5 AP3 Gets Hot

6 isn't Tzeentch's number, what are you, a Slaaneshi whore?

No. You will roll 2d6.
>1-2: S4 AP5
>3-5: No effect
>6: Gains Rending and you hit yourself
>7: The entire bolter explodes, squad takes d6 poisoned 2+ hits
>8: Hatred (Tzeentch)
>9: S5 AP3 Gets Hot Assault 1
>10-12: Overloads, reroll any successful to hit but you get Shred no change from S5 AP4 though
>>
>>49774729

I think it would be cool if Celestine and Sanguinous team up at the throne.
>>
>>49774784

Warp related = psychic-related, at least where the Imperium is concerned. Imperial shit can't just materialize anywhere it wants without going through the Warp or being psychically influenced by the Emperor. See warp travel, psykers, Legion of the Damned, etc.

Now if Living Saints were Necrons, then you could say their defiance of physics isn't psychically linked.
>>
>>49774791
Basically.
Might as well at least make a 10-man coherency-abuse tray so you can fully cover the board with your own board.
>>
>>49774791
I want to actually do this one day
Move all my tanks with a stick, shove 50 goardsmen forward with the same
Praetorians, would that be too on the nose for this kind of thing?
>>
>>49774791
use ruler-shaped movement trays
>>
>>49774784
The Inquisition LITERALLY investigates Living Saints and the Sanguiniour for being fucking bullshit I.W.I.N buttons (seriously, how does Sanguinour beat a Lord of Skulls? It has an AP3 fucking sword).
>>
>>49774814
>Warp related = psychic-related, at least where the Imperium is concerned.
And yet Living Saints are neither
>>
>>49774831
>(seriously, how does Sanguinour beat a Lord of Skulls? It has an AP3 fucking sword).
The greatest power in the Imperium: plot armor
>>
>>49774843
>Living Saints aren't warp related

Are you fucking retarded? You gonna claim the Emperor isn't either next?
>>
>>49774843
>he ACTUALLY believes this

Then what are they, fuck boy? They're literally Warp shit. It might be Emperor based. It's still Warp shit. FUCK YOU.

>>49774850
B-but Kharn literally kills a Knight Titan and he can literally do it in game. S7 AP2 means he can manage it on a 6.
>>
>>49774843
Hypothetically they would be in the same way the Astronomicon, those angel-things that occasionally turn up on the verge of Warpstorms, and the Sister's faith powers are.

There has to be a medium for all of the faith/sanctified effects, considering the Emperor is literally described as a psychic beacon and focus it would really surprise me if Celestine basically wasn't just one of the Emperor's 'Daemon Princes.'
>>
>>49774814

It's only Celestine that randomly shows up places since she was literally nuked. She's still powered by the emperor, though.

>>49774831
Celestine showed up to a battle line of SM and SoB overrun by CSM and daemons, blazed a path straight through to the Prince, killed the shit out of it, and fucked off. She's got bs deeds, too.
>>
>>49774855
>Are you fucking retarded
You clearly are since you've never read the codex
>>49774861
>Then what are they, fuck boy
Read the codex bitchboi.
I'm beginning to wonder if anyone in this thread actually reads those things.
>>
>>49774871
Yeah but Celestine wasn't facing a 888 point AV14 HP8 beast.

>Sanguinary Guard Mook #1 stabbed his sword down onto the neck joint of the Lord of Skulls only for his cry of triumph to be silenced by the shattering of his sword
>Sanguinour who literally has the same weapon, manages to do it

W A I?

Why doesn't the Sanguinour have an AP2 blade anyway? He's a 200 point S4 T4 faggot.
>>
>>49774235
If Sanguinius came back it'd be bullshit from a lore perspective but my boner would still be strong.
>>
>>49774887
>Reading
aint nobody got time for that shit
>>
>>49774887
Reading now, if you'd be kind enough to point me to a page where it explicitly says she isn't Warp-based or psychic based, go ahead, as if it does exist I've either missed or don't remember where it is.
>>
>>49774898
Actually he's S5, S6 on the charge.
>>
>>49774903
Jesus came back to life, anon. Why can't Sanguinius? He's SPACE JESUS.
>>
>>49774923
That's what I meant. Still, AP3 is shit for 200 points. Especially since it's 2H.
>>
>>49774947
Isn't Emps literally Jesus though?
>>
>>49774947

Jesus was a psyker.
>>
>>49774910

What if I told you...you're reading right now?
>>
>>49774966
No.

>>49774972
So was Sanguinius. After Magnus, he was the 2nd strongest. It's a major reason why the BA's got fucked up.
>>
>>49774861
>S7 AP2 means he can manage it on a 6.
His axe has armorbane retard. A 6 on 2d6 isn't very difficult to achieve, especially when you hit on 2's.
>>
>>49774993
>especially when you hit on 2's.
>hit on 2's.
>in assault
>>
>>49774988
>No
I coulda sworn it was implied somewhere that Jesus was actually the Emperor.
>>
File: 1371677329957.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1371677329957.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>49774984
>>
>>49775004
Yeah. It's Kharn you dumbass.
>>
>>49775004
Kharn specifically always hits his enemy on a 2+, regardless of WS differences, Anon.
>>
>>49775004
Nigger have you ever even seen Kharn's rules?
>>
File: 1432159406896.gif (546KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1432159406896.gif
546KB, 255x255px
>>49775004
>Le b8 master
>>
>>49775004

I remember the day I found out Kharn hit on 2's in melee. Now you too can embark on this path. This path of hit.
>>
>>49774898

That's fair, though I'd wager she killed that many points and more.
>>
>>49774805
>10-12: Overloads, reroll any successful to hit but you get Shred no change from S5 AP4 though
So you reroll both successes and fails? Does that count against the only one reroll rule, I'm so confused anon
>>
>>49775050
He hits on 1s, too.
>>
>>49775056
You gotta reroll if you hit, Anin, and no you can't reroll a reroll, so no Divination for you unless you missed the first shot.

However I've been thinking, Shred is a bit too powerful, maybe we should give it Soul Blaze instead.

Better make it so that on a roll of 8 the Sorc can't cast that turn too. It's fluffy!
>>
>>49774966
>>49775011
It's a bit more complex than that. The Emperor is basically a God. Flawless, but flawed, with human aspects, and arrogance, among other things. But he also has that jesus bit where he 'died' for our sins. But so does Sanguinius. There's also Lucifer as Horus, who fell from grace as a favored child, for the Emperor loved humanity more than the angels (primarchs).
>>
>>49775093
Oh yea shred is reroll failed wounds, my bad
>>
>>49775011
It was.
>>
>>49774993
Isn't that what I said?
>>
>>49775011
Oh right, yeah, as the historical figure of Jesus, yes. As for the meta Jesus, Sanguinius is that.
>>
>>49768770
How the are 'Nids supposed to deal with AV 14 aside from running at it with a Carnifex?
>>
>>49775227
By hoping you transcend NPC race.

Other than that, don't Tyranofex's manage to do it?
>>
>>49774954
Meh, you take him for other reasons. There's plenty of stuff that's AP3 that he can tear through, plus he buffs all BA units in 6 inches.
He could be pretty amazing in the new edition.
>>
>>49775227

Electroshock Grubs on the Flyrant?

They're haywire aren't they?
>>
File: 1..jpg (73KB, 702x476px) Image search: [Google]
1..jpg
73KB, 702x476px
>>49774016
WHO'S GOT THE FLASHLIGHTS NOW?!?!
oh wait YOU'RE DEAD
>>
>>49775279
The problem is, where do you stick him? A single NAKED Sanguinary Guard is 33 points EACH. A T4 AP3 (or AP2 with Unwieldy) IS 33 FUCKING POINTS.

So, even the Golden Host formation (which, funnily enough, allows you to break fluff by deploying 50 Sanguinary Guard instead of the fluff limit of 30) is shit at the end of the day. They're just too weak.

Sanguinour, if he gave a 4++ or even a 5++ bubble to the units around him, would justify his inclusion.
>>
>>49774016
Then why are daemons so powerful.
>>
>>49775519
They distort physics? They're basically Cheat Mode.
>>
>>49775463
>>49775463
>>49775463
>>
File: 99800101057_DABannerBearer01[1].jpg (39KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99800101057_DABannerBearer01[1].jpg
39KB, 600x620px
Any advice on DIY banner bearers ? I want one in each squad for fluff purposes without buying multiple minis or those shit-tier looking backpack banners.

Figured out one for Terminators already, need one for stuff in power armor.
>>
>>49775252
>but muh bug monsters
Tyranofex have a heavy 2 Str 10 weapon with decent range. The problem is they're also 205 points, AP 4 and BS 3.
>>49775306
That's only one hit 'cuz it's a template weapon.
>>
>>49774488
you do know that you get flickering fire, the tzeentch primaris, automatically for Pink Horrors, and then you generate powers for summoning, you get the primaris, summoning, and a power you roll for right?

Chaos demons benefit from chaos focus and psychic focus, since flickering fire is an automatic power and not a generated one, you get the primaris for summoning from psychic focus and the normally generated power from malefic daemonology.
>>
>>49776179

Different anon here, but really? I thought they got 2 rolls, but one had to be tzeentch.

Fuck, maybe that's why I got rolled so hard.
Thread posts: 385
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.