[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 346
Thread images: 64

File: 1441391683227.jpg (49KB, 586x661px) Image search: [Google]
1441391683227.jpg
49KB, 586x661px
Dragon Dildoes Edition

Old Thread >>49750316

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
File: norin.jpg (163KB, 1024x748px) Image search: [Google]
norin.jpg
163KB, 1024x748px
first for
"we don't cover this topic nearly enough, /edhg/.

anti-degeneracy cards go. Post some cards that deliver chemo to games where players are trying to establish locks, take extra turns, or otherwise metastasize."
>>
File: Hazduhr the Abbot_HL.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Hazduhr the Abbot_HL.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
>>49764052

Saves me every time
>>
File: CrEap5IUsAAXqX8.jpg (47KB, 692x969px) Image search: [Google]
CrEap5IUsAAXqX8.jpg
47KB, 692x969px
I'm about to build G/W humans/tokens with new Sigarda and its going to be bad but Trostani is done to death and my meta already has a Selvala player anD I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO FUCK
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>49764052
Unban it, Sheldon.
I wanna make UG players cry.
>>
>>49764116
Breathe for me, wait a week or two for the 4 color commanders, if those don't work for you, go on and do your human tribal
>>49764120
Unban upheavel , and you can have your shitty balance
>>
File: Yomiji, Who Bars the Way_BOK.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Yomiji, Who Bars the Way_BOK.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
Can it be done?
>>
>>49764052
>>49764083

Stranglehold.

Also, I'm looking to rebuild what is basically a Fuck-Massive Pile Of Chaos deck- anything from the usual staples (Warp World, Scrambleverse, etc) to shit like Galvanoth, Barbed Shocker, and so on.

What are some of the best cards for this? Best colors? Best commanders? I once had an old Jhoira list for this but I'm really looking to ramp up my game here. I want nothing to be sacred for anyone. Confusion in the Ranks. Custody Battle. Might Makes Right. Hive Mind. Puca's Mischief. Possibility Storm. Wild Evocation. So on.

Even little stuff like Molten Birth, Krark's Thumb, Chance Encounter (especially if I go monored.)

The best cards do the following:
1. Affect all players: Fiery Gambit and such are good cards, but I want as many slots as possible to be filled with things that fuck with everyone, not just one player.
2. Maddening: The purpose isn't to sow as much salt as possible, it's to create the most fucked up boardstates possible. Take a card like Pyxis of Pandemonium- it's not trying to fuck everyone, it's just fucking with the board.
3. Changes hands:
Stuff like Starke of Rath, Humble Defector, Thieves' Auction.
>>
>>49764120
What if a RW Legend that was Balance on ETB
>>
File: 98.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
98.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>49764052
1) Fuck this card.
2) This card destroys any game it gets dropped.
3) It walks the line of degeneracy and anti-degeneracy at the same time.

You could even say it's chemo to those control players but holy shit does it bring the game to a reverse crawl. People forget "spell OR ability".
>>
File: a unique interpretation.jpg (223KB, 1016x548px) Image search: [Google]
a unique interpretation.jpg
223KB, 1016x548px
>>49764299
>anti-degeneracy

It's pretty much just degeneracy.

I'd rather someone with the game quickly with a bullshit combo so that we have a new game than remove the strategic elements of the game and ruin the current, now much longer, game. Chaos is never good.
>>
>>49764299
I played with chaos exactly once and everyone agreed never again because of this shit right here.
>>
>>49764052
>>
>>49764299
I have a deck whose main goal is to get this out with Confusion in the Ranks and Enchanted Evening.

Adding in a Possibility Storm makes for a game-ending lock.
>>
>>49764138
on a cost for cast basis, Balance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Upheaval
>>
>>49764090
>Reusable with Alesha

noice
>>
>>49764171
White doesn't even get good sac outlets, my friend.

Even if it were fucking green black and got all the value sac outlets, it would be too much mana.

You can make it, but you better be willing to make ALL the ramp happen, and the deck probs needs 40+ lands.

If this is truly your path, anon...

>Pack huge ramp suite.
>Pack value legends that benefit from recasting
>Pack the like 2-4 sac outlets that are worth it in your colors
and the big one...
>pack a LOT of wrath effects. your deck strategy is killing the field but just bouncing yours.
>>
>>49764171
With 10 mana it's a mindslaver lock.
>>
>>49764913

>running more lands because your general is high cmc

I hope you guys don't think this actually make sense
>>
>>49765204
Well, it does make sense in a way that you're then less prone to miss land drops, but I know what you mean. Sausage mana best mana. Oh, and you must run all legendary lands in monowhite for that mega sexy armageddon.
>>
>>49764419
How does it lock the game?
>>
>>49765656
Not that guy, but I assume it's because no one wants to play anymore at that point.
>>
>>49764052
Price of Glory is a real nice one.
>>
>>49764299
I once resolved a 60 permanent scrambleverse because I flashed it out in response to someone swinging to kill 3 players at once and win.

though I find eye of the storm much more interesting even if it isn't really chaos.
>people forget it says may
>>
>>49763226
>>49763353

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-09-16-persist/
not of its current state but you get the idea

Daghatar is that Tier 3 or Tier 4 general you play when you want to build a secret Ghave deck and put Ghave in the 99 to not garner too much negative attention.

I wanted daghatar for the colors and to be able to put a +1+1 counters on my persist creatures at instant speed. The deck itself mostly functions without him, although a 4/4 vigilance for 4 has also been pretty useful.
>>
File: commanders.png (2MB, 1335x931px)
commanders.png
2MB, 1335x931px
Looking to get into EDH with my first actual, non-proxied deck. Which one should I go for in terms of fun to price ratio (when I actually get money to burn I can get the more fun ones that are pricey later)

>Zurgo
load him up with equipment and assault cuirass before letting him loose. Centerpiece of his armory is worldslayer

>Mogis
Rakdos fun time. Everyone's dying, taking double damage, and not gaining any life. A race to zero.

>Rakdos
Big demon dudes tribal. Not much else to be said other than it's a theme deck.

>Endrek Sahr
No idea besides the fact that there'll be a lot of tokens, they'll get sac'd, and then something good (hopefully) will happen

>Mishra
Something about artifacts and endless possibilities

>Gonti
Playing the game with a hand in exile

>Crosis
To screw with mono-color and to also throw a wrench into multi-color

>Jeleva
memes

>Ashling
lotsa mountains, lotsa X burn spells, lotsa other stuff to help speed the burn process

>Hazezon Tamar
lands, tokens, doubling tokens, more tokens, initiate jihad

>Melek
storm, spells, storm, spells...

>Trotstani
lotsa tokens and creatures that are ridiculously huge

>Ruric Thar
"CRUSH PUNY BLUE WIZARD" and big creatures

>Arcanis
blue shenanigans and probably the most expensive deck

>Thada Adel
shenanigans

>Bosh
throw high cost artifacts at face

>Grand Arbiter
no one casts a spell unless I give them permission to

>Gisela
something about assemble the legion, combat tricks, and other boros goodness
>>
>>49766120
GAAIV stax
>>
how do you guys carry around your decks? i got those transparent plastic boxes for my decks but i feel like i want something fancier.

i'm thinking of asking my dad to help me craft like a wooden chest that could house like 4-6 decks
>>
>>49766120
Thar

Gruul4lyfe, nigga
>>
File: image.png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
121KB, 223x311px
What decks is this card good in? Looks fun but I don't know what would want it
>>
>>49766232
Vela, the Nightclad
>>
>>49766232
ETB engines.
Flicker decks.
>>
>>49766120
>>Endrek Sahr
>>Ruric Thar
>>Rakdos

good taste anon

however

>>Jeleva
>>Grand Arbiter

disgusting

i wouldn't recommend a gimmicky deck for your first one. get something that lets you enjoy all the sides of EDH from politics, multiple wincons and so on. rakdos, ashling and mogis are fun but they get old real fast, both for you and your group. tri-color decks also tend to cost a lot of dosh and i personally dislike the lack of color pie cohesion in them (they just end up being slow goodstuff imo)

out of those i would recommend either endrek or ruric. endrek is cheap as fuck to build and ruric is good/viable in a way that is also anti-cancer (assuming he fits your meta). both are very fun pilot.

at least i assume ruric is fun, i love seeing him in my xenagos deck. i almost want to disassemble my xenagos deck to build a ruric deck instead, but i'd have to spend like 50 extra bucks probably to switch out cards and can't be fucked to do so right now. also, i really fucking love xenagos too
>>
>>49766232
I can see it being good in an UGx value/EtB deck like Maelstrom Wanderer where you can just cast everything you bounced.
>>
So I'm building Uril with enchantress subtheme.

How many auras is too many auras?

I'm up to about 25 right now.
>>
File: gruulfu.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gruulfu.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>49766265
I was really feeling Ruric Thar, too. I've always had a secret love for Gruul (I kind of despise green ever since an experience I had with a mono green deck way back when), but I absolutely love red.

That and green and red are complimentary colors which tickles my autism, along with the theme of gruul cards. Jund is a close favorite too.

Ruric's whole "you cast spell I punch you" seems bretty gud too.
>>
>>49766364
that really depends on a lot of stuff. average cmc, amount of draw in your deck, how fast you want your deck to go, etc.

25 seems a bit too high in my opinion, unless you have a very low average cmc. but honestly no one will know better than you yourself. do some goldfishing on tappedout or test the deck out on xmage or something
>>
File: e9pV9ii.jpg (69KB, 557x605px)
e9pV9ii.jpg
69KB, 557x605px
>drop a Tempt with Discovery, grab a Mountain
>they take the bait and only drop basics
>grab a Valakut, a Kessig Wolf Run and a Vesuva
>>
>play deck with green
>have to shuffle deck 6 times games per game because of cultivate effects

this fucking sucks
>>
>>49766364
For your average voltron, that is definitely too many auras. I usually hover around 12-15 and have a few ways to tutor what I need at the time.
>>
>>49766557
to be fair if he's running a ton of cheap enchantments like Rancor, then i could see 25 enchantments work. drop uril, then empty out your entire hand the next turn and hit someone for 11-15 the next turn
>>
>>49766591
True. I'd need to see a list to make any judgments.
>>
>>49766403

The average CMC of the auras is about 2.8

Draw is a bit tricky because a significant amount of it is bound up in enchantress effects and a lot of the rest of the deck is also effects like Ajani's Chosen, Sigil of the Empty Throne and Safety Sphere that wants me to have a lot of enchantments and auras out in any case.
>>
>>49766431
Did you not read the card correctly, or are they just stupid? Also I want to alter mine to be Tempt with Disco and then just throw a disco ball into the art.
>>
>>49766633
maybe you could just put in tons of enchantment recursion instead? RWG has poopy draw imo. red almost all looters while white and green are a bit janky. i guess red has wheels though

i don't want to tell you how to build your deck, but i think the most fun/aggro way would be to lower average aura cmc to like 1.5-2.5 and then put in all the wheel effects possible. put down uril, dump hand, wheel, dump hand, etc.
>>
>>49766198

I use the clear cases and have them in a leather bound briefcase (for lack of better descriptor) that a buddy of mine bought me for Christmas. Holds my 7 decks and a box of tokens quite nicely.
>>
>>49766232

I put it in my Zegana deck and plan on using it as an anti-board wipe spell or to return permanents I don't need in exchange for draw.
>>
>>49766232
Put it in my Niv Mizzet deck.
Return all manarocks to my hand, draw 7-8 cards, cast the ones that generate more mana than they cost again and start wheeling.
>>
>>49764244
>Blinkable Ballance

I'm sure that'll go over great.
>>
what is a good relatively cheap prison deck?
>>
>>49766922
i dont know but i got a relatively cheap prison dick for ya haha
>>
>>49766677
Nice trip-dubs

No I figured I'd bait by dropping a basic, they followed suit and I grabbed 3 of the best lands in my deck

They also only run basics
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/selvalley-of-returned-elves/

Any changes that should be immediate?

I'm also considering Mina and Denn, worth it?
>>
File: large.png (263KB, 500x377px)
large.png
263KB, 500x377px
Late xth for continuously building decks and never playing them
>>
>>49767370
>Stopped building decks waiting for four color commander spoils
End my suffering
>>
>>49767370
>tfw I never even finish them
>>
>>49767383
I told myself this but I've built two more since saying that
>>
>>49766232
Sydri eggs powered Aetherflux cannon.
>>
>>49767601
Unf
>>
>>49764226
randomchaoslolsooriginalXD
>>
>>49767012
>They also only run basics
Way to spike m8. Are they too poor for an arms race or just don't understand how good utility lands are?
>>
File: mtg ur cataclysm.png (1MB, 936x445px)
mtg ur cataclysm.png
1MB, 936x445px
i hate permanents
>>
>>49767969
That's a lot to go through just to cast apocalypse.
>>
>>49768030
i don't want them exiled, i just want them gone
>>
>>49766728

I've cut down aura's to 21 and the CMC of them down to 2.4

Here's a preliminary build, there's still a few cards I wanna get in the Acquireboard. Any critique would be appreciated.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uril-echantress/
>>
>>49767919
>just don't understand how good utility lands are?
Pretty much. They're not that great at building
>>
>>49768072
looks good to me. the only thing i would be worried about is other players playing "sacrifice a creature" effects in your meta. maybe add some more instant anti-alphastrike tech if that is prevalent in your meta

if you're worried about buying bad cards, then you could always head over to xmage and test your deck out
>>
>>49768213

I'm gonna play the deck for a bit and if sac effects are a problem I will put in Sigarda and/or Assault suit

What would you suggest to counter alphastrike?
>>
>>49768213
xmage is a godsend. So many potential decks for me have been tested there and either proven themselves worth building in paper or have eaten shit and never been touched again
>>
>>49766922
New Marchesa, probably, although it might lean more towards stax.
>>
>>49768241
just cheap instant speed removal or maybe Fog or something like that. you don't really need to, though, unless your meta has players who can deal 40 damage with a single creature out of nowhere
>>
>>49764913
White has some great free sac outlets.
>>
File: IMG_2701.jpg (45KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2701.jpg
45KB, 223x310px
Is forcing opponents to discard a viable theme/strategy in EDH? I see all these decks that are obsessed with card advantage, so I feel like attacking that might work well. The problem I'm running into is that there is almost (or maybe entirely) no instant speed discard. Any ideas on how to keep people's hands empty, outside of using Leomeme?
>>
>>49768400
it's pretty viable as far as i know, but the problem is that it gives feelbads to everyone
>>
>>49768400
Instant speed recurrable reanimator like Chainer, a sacrifice outlet and Mindslicer.
>>
File: image.png (160KB, 223x311px)
image.png
160KB, 223x311px
I need your Feldon lists help friends
>>
File: 20161012_125530.jpg (7MB, 4032x3024px)
20161012_125530.jpg
7MB, 4032x3024px
Was going to do Ulrich, but decided against it. Anyone got any suggestions where I should go next? I want something fun to build.
>>
I'm running token swarm and I need to add one more card to finish the deck. Should I add Soul Warden, Mirror Entity, Panharmonicon, or Luiminarch Ascension?
>>
>>49768572
Jarad or Mimeoplasm
>>
>>49768571
What do you need? He's pretty straightforward: loot, sac, Wheel, reanimate
>>
>>49768629
Just more inspiration really. I get that but like to get more ideas and see what other people do with it that I might not have thought of.
>>
>>49768572
>No Grixis

Old Marchesa and Thrax are both crazy fun.
>>
>>49768626
My graveyard shenanigans have pretty much been saited with Sidisi. Don't really want another BG or BUG deck based on the yard.
>>
>>49768652
Well, mine is Dragon tribal. Lots of good ETB effects with Dragons. It's fun, and he's a lot faster than Zirilan
>>
>>49768678

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?action=random

keep opening it until you get a legendary, that's your new deck
>>
>>49768572
Mizzix spellslinger deck
>>
>>49768572
Gwafa Hazid

Roleplay as a corrupt lawyer the whole time
>>
I putted this deck together as my second deck, how is it?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-10-16-prossh-tokens/

pls respond ;_;
>>
File: 1369110759142.jpg (10KB, 249x188px) Image search: [Google]
1369110759142.jpg
10KB, 249x188px
>>49766883
It's balanced. Cost it like 5 mana, if you over extend with that thing in the command zone of the opponent, you deserve getting wrecked.

It would be ridiculously oppressive and I love it.
>>
>>49768400
Discard is fine but you need to have a plan once your opponents are hellbent, and with all the great card draw in edh, rack strategies suck unless your opponents are children.

Discard is best kept as a soft-control subtheme
>>
>>49766364

Seems like too many, basically if Uril is dead you still want to be able to draw lots of cards so some of those auras should be non aura enchantments so that if the enchantress shit is online but Uril died, you can still keep the wheels turning
>>
>>49769993

I revised things a bit, see: >>49768072
>>
>>49768072

I mean you're missing the two best enchantresses
>>
>>49770034

I know I'm missing Argothian, who's the other one?
>>
>>49769099
>prossh
>tokens
>>
>>49770052

Enchantress's presence

I guess eidolon of blossoms is tied with it for second best
>>
>>49770095

Enchantress's presence is on it's way in the mail and I'm gonna buy an Argothian later
>>
>>49770115

I see you're also not running Femeref enchantress or replenish, I think its important to have both if your meta has any bane of progress or fracturing gust type stuff coming your way, as well as being good to have against your normal rec sages and Krosan grips
>>
>>49770145

Replenish is coming in the mail along with Presence.

Hadn't considered Femeref Enchantress
>>
>>49764244

Make it balance as it leaves the battlefield instead.
>>
>>49769099
>prossh
never
>>
>>49768400
The closest you'll get to instant speed discard are effects like Oppression and Painful Quandry
>>
>>49770176

Looks good then

Here's my list if you wanna compare

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/enchanted-afternoon/?cat=type&sort=
>>
>>49768400

Sadistic hypnotist has that annoying sorcery speed clause but he's bomb in general and insane with nath

Hand disruption is insanely strong in Edh
>>
>>49767269
Every one mana mana dork should be in here, even the non elf ones, so that you can try and jam Selvala as early as possible.

Also, it's better to have lands that hurt then lands that enter the battlefiled tapped. City of Brass, Mana Confluence, Brushland. All of those are better then two color tapped lands, particularly with selvala, because of her life gain stuff.

I'd also suggest adding umbral mantle and hatebears/stax pieces for fun. but idk what direction you're trying to take the deck.
>>
File: Noice.jpg (104KB, 719x572px) Image search: [Google]
Noice.jpg
104KB, 719x572px
>Get 3 packs of Khans
>Ask brother to open it, to rub some luck
>Flooded Strand, Siege Rhino and 2 Treasure Cruise
Thanks bro
>>
recs/hot opinions for my casualshit deck?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bruna-casual-turn-6-gg/
>>
Any one have any spicy Lord of Tresserhorn tech? I feel like I kind of have to build it zombie tribal, and as much as I'm not feeling it, I've also never built a tricolour without green, so grixis feels ambitious.
>>
>>49771274
Torpor orb is a must.
>>
>>49771274
Torpor Orb better be on your list before Sol Ring even.

You could probably use stuff like Notion Thief or Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos to try and use his ETB trigger to your advantage if Torpor Orb doesn't show up/someone blows it up.

Honestly though, if you're trying Zombie tribal in Grixis, I feel like Sedris would make for a much better commander, If your heart is set on Lord of Tresserhorn though, go for it.
>>
>>49771274
You could run Grave Pact and Dictate a la Meren to make everyone sac a total of 4 creatures when he enters

Still gotta deal with the life loss and discard though
>>
File: 1430795297092.gif (439KB, 640x360px)
1430795297092.gif
439KB, 640x360px
>SoFaF, Bident of Thasa, Trail of Evidence and a lone 1/1 token on the field
>Draw Waves of Aggression
>mfw I go infinite in the jankiest way and kill everyone with a 3/3.
>>
>>49770731
>Buy Khans's giftbox because I needed some storage and I could get it for the price of the packs it comes with
>Get 2 wooded foothills and a polluted delta out of the 4 packs
That was a good day
>>
>>49772620
Unless I'm missing something that only goes infinite if you draw 1 land out of every 2 cards.

You retrace waves of aggression and investigate, then draw a card when your token connects. You then untap lands and discard one of the 2 cards you drew to get another combat phase and repeat the process. Assuming no lands in your hand it would only take two nonland card draws in a row before you fizzled. You're also equating 2 cards per 3 damage so you probably wouldn't be able to kill every player unless they were already pretty weak.

Like, it's a cool play I guess, but it's not nearly an auto win. Since you're playing 5 colors you could just be running Hellkite Charger and SoFaF for the same effect without the other two dumb engines.
>>
>>49766387
>(I kind of despise green ever since an experience I had with a mono green deck way back when)
Kinda curious what could've happened. Green isn't interactive enough to get much hate from anyone I know.
>>
>>49772898
No, you're not missing anything. We played it out, whenever I was running out of lands, I just used one of the cheap cantrips I had and drew into one. When it was just down to me and some other guy, I Treasure Cruised into Dig and still managed to get Waves going.
Also no idea where you're getting I'm playing 5 colors; this is just a Shu Yun deck.
>>
>>49773000
It happened roughly four years ago, but all I remember was pulling out my casual Rakdos deck against a mono-green deck, and then by turn 3 he had somehow gotten out an entire boards worth of creatures, as well as a creature that was something like a 15/15 and split into 3 6/6s. It was traumatizing.
>>
why is Jeskai such an aesthetically pleasing color combination?
>>
>>49773042
Because AMERICA
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (33KB, 226x311px)
Image (1).jpg
33KB, 226x311px
I want to play pic related.
I understand how to search for lich, play it easily, and start to win off of it. What do i include so i dont lose immediately after playing it? Like one naturalize and its over.
>>
So I have recently gotten into commander and built my first paper deck (Thassa sea monster tribal) and want to a mono colored deck for each other color. All of them are should be kinda budgetish (up to roughly 150$ each). So far I'm thinking of Feldon for red, Kemba for White, Toshiro Umezawa for black.

However can't seem to decide on a green commander. Currently eyeing new Selvala.

So yeah suggestions for green commander or feedback on choices for other colors welcomed.
>>
>>49773024
Right I'm an idiot, I kept on mixing up Trail of Evidence with Trail of Mystery and thought of it as a green card.
>>
>>49773124
Azusa and Ezuri are both pretty standard and powerful mono green commanders. They play pretty linearly though.

I think Yisan has also been making waves. I imagine most decks play him fairly linearly but his ability allows for neat toolbox shenanigens.

Omnath, Locus of Mana was the go-to Voltron general back when I first started playing.

I quite like Ayumi, the Last Visitor, and Dosan the Falling Leaf as more off the beaten path monoG generals.
>>
>>49773106
Repay in Kind
>>
File: 7.jpg (58KB, 312x445px)
7.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
>>49773106
>>
File: 107b.jpg (61KB, 312x445px)
107b.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
Recently made an Ertai deck, one issue I'm having is win conditions. Obviously using him to protect and set up combo is good, but I don't want to buy a Serra's Sanctum because money. Maybe Starfield of Nyx would be good? Or should I give up on the Enchantress theme and go for a more aristocrats build instead?
>>
>>49773170
>Ayumi, the Last Visitor
What legendary lands are run in EDH other than Nykthos and Urborg, though?
>>
>>49773429
he runs mostly 1-3 mana enchantments, spot removal isn't going to be much of a problem anyway. also if he casts this on uril, he can't put any more enchantments on him
>>
File: 061.jpg (27KB, 389x388px)
061.jpg
27KB, 389x388px
>>49773469
>Uril
>Able to play Lich without wishes
m8
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 1265x920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 1265x920px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgos-weapons-of-mass-destruction-1/

What would you guys take out for sigarda's aid and lightning greaves, and are there any other key cards I should think of adding
>>
>>49773451
I've seen almost every legendary land at least once. Academy Ruins and Volrath's Stronghold are pretty common too.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?type=+%5B%22Land%22%5D+%5B%22Legendary%22%5D
>>
File: CQu9IwRWUAAkx4j.jpg (42KB, 600x606px)
CQu9IwRWUAAkx4j.jpg
42KB, 600x606px
>>49770074
>>49770224
It's not my fault! I ordered bird wizard's deck but those german faggots sent me prossh! It was Prossh who chose me!
>>
>>49773590
accept it Anon
Own it, be one with Prossh's bullshit
>>
>>49773124
Pic related always seemed fun. I figure you don't have to be running a bunch of quality legendaries if every single one draws you a card
>>
>>49773620
But Anon, Vraska can't be your commander, she's not a legendary creature
>>
>>49773504
oops i thought he was replying to the uril guy about uril tech
>>
>>49773451
A fucking bunch, man. Hall of the Bandit Lord, Academy Ruins, Gaea's Cradle, Shizo, Boseiju, Volrath's Sttonghold, Kher Keep

Even shit like Miren has its place in a certain deck
>>
File: 12518_200w.jpg (28KB, 200x285px)
12518_200w.jpg
28KB, 200x285px
>>49773620
>>49773639
Kek, of course I forgot the fucking pic.
>>
Gonna turn Melek into Azami. That LabMan win is just calling my name. What are some essentials, outside of Mind Over Matter?
>>
>>49773607
But i don't want to be hated i already get enough hate by running meren
>>
>>49773451
Off the top of my head?
Mikoro, Gaea's Cradle, Academy Ruins, the entire Kamigawa cycle, Boseiju, and Kor Haven.
>>
>>49773716

Intruder alarm, 1 drop wizards like sage of epityr and martyr of frost
>>
>>49773519
maybe angels grace

also why no Chandra's Ignition?
>>
File: 208.jpg (56KB, 312x445px)
208.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
>new Gitrog deck is a menace among the group
>pooping out lands, has what looks like all of his lands on the field
>decide to go for broke at end of his turn
>Float all my mana, cycle Decree of Annihilation
>Gitrog player looks dismayed but can probably recover
>use remaining mana to cast this magnificent silver bullet
>Gitrog player glowers at me silently for a good 10 minutes before leaving
I thought he was going to hit me.
>>
>>49773943
>toad gets stuck in the mud
pottery
>>
>>49773929
Got Angels grace in there already for that spicy sunforger/final fortune/ Angels grace combo

Chandra's ignition looks pretty good
>>
>>49773967
can someone explain to me what "pottery" means?
my lingo's not up to speed
>>
>>49773992
Tell me my friend, have you ever had the pleasure of experiencing the genius of George Lucas?
>>
>>49773992
Just memetic version of poetry, probably borne of some autocorrect accident.
>>
>>49773728
I get hated out of a fair number of games for playing Skullbriar.
Own it. Get drunk off the salty tears of your opponents
>>
File: 110.jpg (51KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
110.jpg
51KB, 312x445px
>>49773716
There are at least four different decks in my playgroup that all run Labman as their only wincons. They're annoying as hell because their turns take a long time and they always just counter everything until they can draw their deck.
Would running pic related be degenerate or acceptable in this instance?
>>
>>49774107
double down on that shit, infinite obliteration, bitter ordeal.

Tell your group to fuck off for playing such boring decks
>>
File: 1307495.jpg (71KB, 570x315px) Image search: [Google]
1307495.jpg
71KB, 570x315px
I NEED PICTURES

PICTURES OF GRUUL GRAVEYARD HATE
>>
>>49774204
Ooze, senpai.
>>
>>49774204
ground seal
>>
>>49766485
It could be worse. B/G also throws in tutors
>>
>>49774204
Mudhole was already brought up, extra-spicy against frogs and dredge lands.
>>
File: chemo.jpg (228KB, 946x634px) Image search: [Google]
chemo.jpg
228KB, 946x634px
>>49774107
you know what to do

do it
>>
File: Image (72).jpg (30KB, 223x310px)
Image (72).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>49774393
honorable mention
>>
>>49773943

If you didn't have this in your deck before playing his gitrog deck I'd be a tad tookus troubled as well

This card is such complete and utter garbage that it's kind of lame to include it just for him, I mean do you side it out when he plays a different deck?
>>
File: Sexy Baest.png (5KB, 270x187px)
Sexy Baest.png
5KB, 270x187px
>about to play with my friend's LGS group
>usually hate playing with those people because they're too competitive in my area, prefer kitchen table
>don't worry bro we're all running pretty casual decks here
>turn 1
>swamp, imperial seal, pass
>windswept heath, tundra, sol ring, pass
>mfw
>>
>>49774454
Found the toad player
>>
>>49774467
You should ask them if they are real or proxies.
>>
>>49774454
If he's casting MLD, then this seems like an okay follow-up to cripple the guy who might have Loam/Crucible/Sudden Reclamation.

Worst case, you Strip Mine a Coffers or Cradle and exile the fuck out of it.
>>
>>49774189
You're a boring deck!
>>49774107
Praetor's Grasp is probably the best of all those "search and destroy" spells in EDH. Highly recommend it, and the others are just gravy. But they don't let you turn the card into card draw, ramp, or removal, which is what Praetor's Grasp can flexibly do.

Cards like this don't answer existing problems on the board, but they can neuter decks built around only one line of play. Or just remove problems that you might have in the (possibly near!) future.
>>
>>49774467
>He thinks expensive cards make the deck not casual.

Also why even mention the sol ring. Its even in all the person's, and as far as I know everybody runs it.
>>
>>49774583
Fuck me *precons

Damn autocorrect
>>
>>49774570

Nah it's dumb, unless he's already running tormod's crypt and relic of progenitus and Nihil spellbomb etc etc and at that point why do you need so much gy hate
>>
>>49774550
The Imperial Seal looked real to me when I asked to look at it. The Tundra could have been fake but my friend's been a wage slave for a couple years know I wouldn't be surprised if it was real.

>>49774583
I thought of not including it but muh autism wouldn't allow me to say the entire turn in the same format of the line above it. He was also playing that one WUG control commander you guys always talk shit about.
>>
>>49774673
>couple years NOW
>wouldn't allow me to NOT

F U C K
U
C
K
>>
File: GottaGoFast.jpg (14KB, 190x265px)
GottaGoFast.jpg
14KB, 190x265px
Has anyone actually tried Depala yet, I built a deck and its not that terrible, I like the idea of playing big beaters, that are only beaters on my turn. It so far seems to be good at keeping them safe from board wipes and allowing nice synergy with their low CMC in Boros.

All I want to do is run people over with trains, tanks, and racecars...
>>
>>49774638
I would forgive him for the redundancy if he's playing mono-red, which he might be
>>
>>49774818
I'd wait until Aether rveolt for more synergies
>>
>>49774638
Because if he was playing against me I would think he was being foolish for NOT running that much graveyard hate
>>
>>49768400
Nath + Sadistic Hypnotist
>>
>>49774694
Take a second and re-read what you type before you hit Post, friend.
>>
>>49773590
>>49773728
>Wanting Derevi
>Settling for Prosh
>Playing Meren
You are everything wrong with Commander.
>>
>>49774878
Neve.
>>
>>49774866

Are all your decks graveyard decks? Do you guys play with sideboards? What do you mean?
>>
>>49774929
If it is mono-red, then you named the only two good pieces you available. After that you get shit like Burn Away and this.

Do you not run at least three pieces of grave hate in every deck? Sounds like you want to get dunked on by Meren, Jarad, Karador, etc.
>>
File: 1475066399400.jpg (112KB, 447x275px) Image search: [Google]
1475066399400.jpg
112KB, 447x275px
>>49774877
Oh yes.
>>
>>49774818
I like her and am waiting for Aether Storm, I really enjoy vehicles in limited and am excited to try her in EDH.

I feel like we need just a FEW more good dwarves, maybe some with fabricate, and a couple more heavy hitter vehicles. I want a legit tank gosh dang it!
>>
>>49775033

3 pieces seems high unless you're milling your opponents, 1 if you can tutor it, 2 if you can't seems normal, but anyway my point was just that the card he named was definitely not the 3rd best piece of gy hate available, even in mono red, it's only playable against gitrog toad, bad against Titania and angrynath, and literally useless against everybody else

If I was playing gitrog and somebody starting playing that card I'd just switch decks and laugh at them having a useless card in their deck just for me, like how beta can you be?
>>
>>49775033
I fucking love Burn Away
if only it were a little cheaper it would be an allstar
>>
>>49775102
Burn Away is real nice, I might start packing that
>>
I have some questions for EDH players:

I actually don't play that much MtG. I keep a couple of decks for casual play, but I play other card games. Commander almost looks like a completely different game to me. It looks pretty cool, and very personalized. You have this character that sort've represents you, and you can rely on his abilities to determine the direction you want to go with deck building.

My question is, how balanced is Commander? Is it frustrating to play against someone with a commander that synergizes with his deck more than your own? How does play in EDH differ from normal Magic play?

If you were going to make your own commander how would you make sure he was a balanced card?
>>
>>49775100
Tuning the deck to his meta is probably the only way it can hang on. If you went up against Gitrog dredge combo every week, you'd probably take a second look at whatever terrible card we're arguing about.

>>49775102
For some reason, I thought it was a sorcery. Better than I remembered.
>>
Noticed there's a lot of Prossh hate going on in this thread, which is perfectly fine. My buddy's first deck was Prossh (a Christmas gift) and while it was sufficient when he first started to play, our meta has since grown in power and evolved to deal with threats such as Prossh, Bruna, Skittles, and Aurelia (our big Voltron commanders). Really, we've all learned how to deal with decks that rely on their commanders too much, making that tactic harder to win by.

My roommate wants to bump up his Prossh deck's power levels (it's still pretty similar to the out of the box list) and I decided to take a look at it and came up with this list.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/prosshs-aggressive-stax/

The main win condition is still Prossh, but I added a minor Stax theme to the deck to help lockdown the board state and help take control and spells like Purphoros and Impact Tremors can turn those kobolds into mini-bolts when they enter the battlefield. Thoughts? (I wanted to maintain a reasonable budget and tried to utilize as many of the cards we already have laying around, so some choices might not be optimal).

>>49773590

It's okay Anon. It happens to the best of us.
>>
>>49775269
>My question is, how balanced is Commander?
about as balanced as casual MtG, that is, it's possible for some random stranger to show up and blow you out of the water or vice versa since everyone has a different idea of what "casual" means. If you have an established playgroup this is much less of a problem

>Is it frustrating to play against someone with a commander that synergizes with his deck more than your own?
Only in the sense that's it's not very fun when your opponent outclasses you

>How does play in EDH differ from normal Magic play?
constant access to commander changes a lot of usual MtG strategies, as does singleton. That being said depending on how competitive you build your experience can vary from very unique to vintage-tier fun

>If you were going to make your own commander how would you make sure he was a balanced card?
fuck off back to /CCG
>>
Building Obzedat, Ghost Council. It seems to me like its nearly untouchable due to it blinking until your next turn. Is it really that good, or does it play differently?
Also post your tech if you have any.
Here is waifu material for taking your time to read my blog post
>>
>>49775363
>fuck off back to /CCG
I might check there for advice.

The reason I was asking is, my friends and I run a weekly game of Dvorak (A game where you create your own tcg essentially). We were thinking about adding cards that act like Commanders, but we were concerned with how that would effect the entire game.
>>
>>49773037
Pitting a casual deck against a tuned deck which can curve like that seems like a bad idea in general.
>>
>>49774421
Isn't that king-dick of that effect, seeing as it can go in every deck?
>>
>>49775366
Ghost Council of Orzhova is just straight up better
>>
>>49775511
Right down to the art
>>
>>49775366
Obzedat is a shitty Ghost Council, desu.
>>
>>49775511
>>49775551
Im assuming you make tokens to keep hold up the blink effect, what do you use for token generators?
I liked obzedat because it was essentially free blink. But i can be convinced otherwise
>>
>>49775587
Genesis Chamber and Spirit Bond
>>
>>49775548
Greg Staples is one of the best artists MtG has. He did such great stuff for Rav, fucking love Woodwraith Corrupter
>>
>>49775587
you don't need tokens, just play good value creatures, sac them to the council and wrath when you don't like how the board looks.
>>
>>49775682
Fair enough. That's why i liked the look of B/W in the first place. I wanted a decl where i could sit back and play reactively, in a way that wasn't just control.
Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>49775587
Ophiomancer, Bitterblossom, Emeria Angel, Spirit Bonds, Twilight Drover. A few other for-sures I can't remember.
Teysa + Darkest Hour + Sac Engine (Ashnod's Altar is great) if you want to be cute, but that really fits better with Teysa at the helm, since it doesn't do much with the Council.
Sun Titan/Boonweaver Giant + Gift of Immortality = infinite sacs
>>49775682
Also this. You can just run shitloads of etb/ltb/dies effects creatures and tons of recursion and wipes. Selfless Spirit is in pretty much white deck I brew these days, and he'd be godly in a wipe/recur heavy deck.
>>
Who are the best fat-assed creatures for Doran THICC tribal?
>>
File: treeofperdition.jpg (40KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
treeofperdition.jpg
40KB, 265x370px
>>49775833
>>
>>49775587

Obzedat is a trigger, so people can just kill it in response, and it's telegraphed so if they want it dead, they will just wait

Orzhova lets you respond to board wipes and removal and dodge them

Either way though, both are so irrelevant and low impact that it's doubtful anybody would bother spending removal on them
>>
File: image.jpg (235KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235KB, 750x450px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/marchesa-very-nice-0-creatures/

Would like opinions and suggestions for this deck please, trying to build a creatureless control list mostly for fun, but would like it to be able to win games obviously too.
Done some testing and it seems ok but I'd like to get some other feedback and maybe any cards I've missed / should replace for something else.
>>
>>49775345

cuts:

>atarka, world render
>champion of lambholt
>charnelhoard wurm
>hellkite charger
>mycoloth
>savage ventmaw
>surrak, the hunt caller
>awakening zone

add:

>fecundity
>somberwald sage
>temur sabertooth
>collective unconscious
>momentous fall
>life's legacy
>citanul hierophants
>disciple of bolas
>phyrexian reclamation

for consideration:

>chandra's ignition

i don't want friends:

>food chain
>>
>>49774818
I haven't used her mostly because s) I think she looks absurdly lame to Mr and B) I really don't like the mentor style pay X on trigger for ca. But I so want to play her because vehicles are awesomely cool, and I like that it seems worth playing the filler limited dwarves from Kaladesh anyway (most old dwarves are just TOO bad imo, at least creatures made with modern design philosophy are reasonably efficient) so it's a neat build around.
>>
>>49776291
same dude.
forgot a couple of things for the maybeboard.

>vicious shadows
>warstorm surge
>thief of blood
>reforge the soul
>sylvan offering
>shaman of forgotten ways
>feed the pack
>elemental mastery
>triumph of the hordes
>reincarnation
>>
>>49764052
Ugin's Nexus.

No more extra turns.
>>
Man, RG Omnath gets out of hand real fast
>>
>>49764052
i played a game against him, it was pretty fun I guess. confusion in the ranks got removed really quickly though.
>>
File: drjosHs.jpg (135KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
drjosHs.jpg
135KB, 768x432px
>>49776429
He costs like 20 million mana,i don't know if that counts. This guy is the poster boy for "gets out of hand fast".
>>
>>49775248
Do it, please. Even if it's just for the flavor, which is great.
I run it as my only grave hate in G/R dragons. It's basically secret tech because nobody knows about it. It's best to surprise someone with it.
>>49775305
The fact that it's an instant helps a LOT.
>>
>>49776625
Guy playing him dropped a T1 Exploration so I guess it's a special case

Also, balancing tokens and spells in Wort is weirdly difficult. I want to go spellslinger, but I need a good amount of tokens for Conspire to be online, and protection for Wort
>>
>>49776650
Do red and green not have that many token making spells? I'd probably focus on that since they'll play dual roles.
>>
>>49776625
Angry Omnath runs a disproportionate amount of land ramp, that probably has something to do with it.
>>
>>49776650
I know I've been wanting to build RG Wort but I just don't know the best way to build her. Id think storm would be the most obvious strongest route but there really isnt that many storm lists or really lists in general.
>>
>>49776673
No they do. Green has Artifact Mutation which is fucking clutch, and some creature token makers. I don't want to win through massive tokens though. Last night in a test run, I managed to copy Harrow twice, get a Vesuva and a Thespian's Stage out, then grab every remaining Mountain in my deck and bolt the table to death. It ruled. I want to do stupid shit like that.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49768698
>>
>>49776756
Well I mostly meant stuff like dragon fodder and Krenko's command which are basically forks that make tokens in wort.
>>
>>49776429
>>49776625
Former Angry Omnath AND Karlov player here.

They are both extremely aggressive decks imo. Omnath can be dropped early and once you have enough elementals he just ends games. sac outlets are your friends and Perilous Forays is just sexy.

Meanwhile Karlov drops turn 2 almost every time and in a deck built around a million and one ways to gain life, he gets quite large very fast. Personal favs are Nyx Fleece Ram and the Soul Sisters

That being said, both need to be protected in order to really effect the game, especially if you've played them with your group before and they've seen the damage they can do
>>
File: 134b.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
134b.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
Are lands in graveyards considered creatures still with this card out? Or only in the battlefield?
>>
>>49776814
Man I rally don'y like Nyx fleece ram. Maybe if it were a one drop but as a two drop and being an upkeep trigger it's just on such a bad spot on the curve for Karlov.
>>
>>49776831
Only on the field
>>
>>49768698
Oh man

This should be interesting
>>
File: 95.jpg (49KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
95.jpg
49KB, 312x445px
>>49776786
do it, faggot
>>
>>49768698
Why not use the random button on edhrec instead?

>>49776786
I have a decklist that wants things like her, and shes not even as good as the non legend version of her, Seraph of the Sword.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-09-16-dont-touch-me/?cat=custom&sort=
>>
>>49777012
>her
Cho-Manno is a dude
>>
>>49776973
"Weenies or voltron?" is the part I find myself puzzled by. I'm thinking Voltron.
>>
File: image.png (128KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
128KB, 223x311px
I bought this precon because reddit said it was a good started EDH deck. Did I fuck up?
>>
File: 1357867265466.png (41KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1357867265466.png
41KB, 180x180px
I really like Shu Yun, but I feel so underpowered.
I wish he had hexproof, senpai.
>>
>>49777137

Yes you fucked up
>>
>>49777140
Cast Enlightened for Boots and give him Hexproof

Then drop/equip Leering Emblem and shit out cantrips
>>
What is a Jeskai commander? I want to be American.
>>
>>49777137
Meren is very strong and everyone knows it. People are going to assume you have modified it to be as degenrate as it's capeable of being. You might have fucked up if you are going to a LGS to play.
>>
File: jeskai.jpg (176KB, 1055x368px) Image search: [Google]
jeskai.jpg
176KB, 1055x368px
>>49777172
>What is a Jeskai commander?
These are Jeskai commanders

Ruhan or Numot would be MAXIMUM AMERICA
>>
>>49777109
Neither, it's massive pillowfort control.
Your wincons are redirecting a massive amount of damage with white's many redirect-damage abilities, pinging people to death with a Staff of Nin, or Barren Glory under Oblivion Ring plus every white boardwipe ever, ESPECIALLY the land ones.
>>
>>49777192
i am going to monday just cause but its mainly for casual play. i bought it an the rest of the 2015 precons to give to my play group
>>
>>49777219
If you are all playing unmodified precons it should be no problem.
>>
>>49777204
Oh hey that sounds fun actually I don't have a crazy pillowfort control deck yet.

That being said ... anybody have any suggestions? Because I've never built anything like it before.
>>
>>49777159
I mean, yeah, but I'm always afraid to drop Shu because I know people will throw 30 removal spells at him the moment he so much as thinks about attacking.
>>
>>49777198
Numot seems pretty fucking american to me. Think I am going to give him a try.
>>
>>49777198
I still dislike Ruhan.
What the fuck is it about "randomly attacking people" that's blue, or white for that matter? Fucking hell.
>>
>>49768400
You could also run funeral charm and isochron scepter. If that is your thing.
>>
>>49777300

Yeah he's a color pie disaster
>>
>>49777300

These are the same designers who thought Animar should have pro black and pro white for no goddamn reason
>>
>>49773519
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgos-toy-box-_no-girls_/

Here is my zurgo, tell me what you think, rate, suggrstions.

As for you, you dont run nearly enough equipment or aura to justify sigarda's aid.

Take out plague wind, since it is more than twice as expensive as the 4cmc wrath spells that do the same thing for zurgo (kill everything else on the board)
>>
who is the best commander for:
>artifact theme
>enter the battlefield theme, not necessarily flicker
im thinking either
marchesa, the black rose
riku of two reflections
arjun, the shifting flame
im thinking about sharuum but i dont want to get targeted off the board for having a commander that can combo off at any moment.
Whats /edhg/ opinion on the best commander for an artifact theme?
>>
>>49777935
>the best commander for an artifact theme?
Depends on what you want to do with said artifacts.

Do you want to beat the shit out of people with them? Karn. Alternately, Sydri.

Do you want to throw them at people? Bosh.

Do you want to play crippling artifacts that make other players cry? Daretti.

Do you want to cheat them in from the top of your deck? Muzzio.

Do you want to feel like McGyver? Slobad.

There are so many things you can do with artifacts, anon, it's insane.
>>
>>49777935
Modular with Marchesa if you're doing both of those themes you listed.
>>
So, I'm working on a mono blue tappy control deck with metalcraft. Commander is Teferi, main features are Tezzeret the seeker for artifact tutor, winter orb, stasis orb, and stasis for being a dickbag. Any suggestions? Winning is done by swinging with a dickload of artifacts.
>>
>>49777137
Rip it for parts, or use Jarad as the commander. Everyone fucking loathes Meren
>>
>>49777999
combo/beat the shit out of people preferably, hence why i listed marchesa/riku, i like sharuum but idk
>>49778084
how well is modular with marchesa? i can see some synergy, but idk how GREAT it actually is
>>
>>49777999
You forgot:

Do you want to ride them to victory at mach speed? Depala
>>
>>49768309
I'm running a Marchesa prison_esque deck. It's the most fun ive had. Politics in commander is the best
>>
>>49777935
I play Teneb as the general for my ETB/LTB abuse deck. GBw has a lot of beefy creatures with relevant ETBs. Maybe pack some sacoutlets, some recursion and several wraths. Plays much differently from Karador or Meren, more like a Rock. Resilient to almost every strategy as long as you manage to stay off their radar long enough.
>>
File: Commanders2.png (1MB, 1720x434px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders2.png
1MB, 1720x434px
Tried building Ishkanah, Grafwidow. It's a disaster. It has so much anti-synergy with the few good spider cards and does nothing to promote spider tribal. No good ways to bounce it in the colors, ability is expensive and only hits 1 person.

Shadows over Innistrad was a disaster for "tribal" legends.
>>
File: Image.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>49764052
>>
>>49770731
>>49772730
I bought one of those obscure three-pack things back in Khans and pulled three Wooded Foothills back to back, I lost any blood clots I may have had that day
>>
>>49776429
There are no brakes on Angry Omnath's ANAL RODEOOOOO
>>
>>49770731
>>49772730
>>49779158
Buy Khans display at release.
Get 1 Bloodstained Mire, rest of the rares and mythics are 10 cent bulk rares

feelsbadman
>>
File: tmp_31656-234-204075488.jpg (35KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31656-234-204075488.jpg
35KB, 312x445px
>>49779014
Switch to Mazirek and make it spiders and insects? Add in all the grossest bugs you can.

Also, she goes infinite with Nim Deathmantle.
>>
>>49779014
The trick to Ishkanah is to Nyx Weaver, Spider Spawning, and Aracanogenesis as your only Spiders. Ishkanah is a combo general. You use infinite mana to make the table kill. Doing Spider Tribal is a stupid idea and I was stupid enough to try it upon release.
>>
>>49777999
Do you want the best of Red and Blue? Nin, the Pain Artist.

Reason: She herself is a mana-dump in case you oopsinfinitemana.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_fvaTiAsGoB.jpg (391KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_fvaTiAsGoB.jpg
391KB, 750x450px
Any spicy tech for this guy?
>>
>>49779456
Gah, my only self-imposed restriction is no infinite combos. Thanks for the response, anon. I'll just have to wait another 20 years for the next legendary spider.
>>
>>49779444
Funny, I was just thinking of trying to build Mazirek again.
>>
>>49779470
Death Cloud
Pox
Small Pox
Fleshbag Maurader and co
Wave of Vitirol
Bone Shredder
Attrition
Smokestack

And that's just the removal suite.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Any other control players enlightened enough to use this as the general?
>>
File: Wake Thrasher_EVE.jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Wake Thrasher_EVE.jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>49776968
Neat combo with him
>>
Does anyone have a good Sydri list? Not sure what I want to build but I picked up $200 of artifacts for my cube the other day and want to play Aetherflux cannon.
>>
>>49777300
Because he's UWR, aka America

It's social commentary
>>
>>49764030
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/meren-jank-1/

What do you guys think? Took out a bit of the ramp, focused a bit harder on attrition game. I need a Caustic caterpillar and a Spore Frog for good early sac outlets.
>>
>>49779470
Just make Meren the Commander, put a Birthing Pod in the deck and you're golden.
>>
I recently discovered the wonders of foil peel alters.
Time to finally get those last nonfoils for my all foil deck foiled.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161014-113056.jpg (1MB, 1432x1846px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161014-113056.jpg
1MB, 1432x1846px
>>49780421
Pic related.
>>
>>49779470
You better protect that nigga, he is a huge threat, an important enabler for your strategy, and expensive. We're talking:

>whispersilk cloak
>sylvan safekeeper
>some combination of imp's mischief, darksteel plate, swiftfoot boots, lightning greaves

Your deck works very much worse without him. Notably, it can still be a worthy investment, because he's an evasive flier that gets huge and can easily snipe a bitch, even if combo or go wide tactics don't work out.

The other tech is persist creatures, but I assume you know that.

Noosegraf mob is actually amazing for the deck.
>>
>>49780421
>>49780455
Looks pretty good. Was it your first time making one?
>>
>>49776394
>>49776291

Thanks anon. We'll look over those cards and figure out what to add.
>>
>>49780500
No, I found that on the mtg alters facebook group. Guy who does foil alters.
>>
>>49779470
Grave Pact, Dictate of Erebos, Smokestack, Pox, Death Cloud, Fleshbag Marauder, Merciless Executioner, Living death, Butcher of Malakir, Sheoldred, Archfiend of Depravity and everything else that makes people sac
>>
>>49775345

>>49769099 here.
Can i get some Prossh suggetions too? pls?
>>
File: Nice.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Nice.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>49768698
I like it.
>>
>>49780780
I like her. I got a nice foil of her, and killing blightsteels makes salt
>>
>>49777300
>making fun of a blind man
That's pretty low, anon.
>>
Anyone have any fun things I can do with arcbond? It seems pretty good, but I can't quite figure out how to use it. I was thinking about using it in Lord of Tresserhorn with a few damage doublers as an alternate win con. Something like:
>lord tresserhorn + temur battlerage/gratuitous violence
>opponent moves to chump
>arcbond targeting chump blocker
>opponent eats 40 damage, I eat 20, and the field is wiped
Alternatively:
>flash in dictate of the twin gods
>suddenly I take 40, my opponent takes 80 and everyone cries
>>
>>49780762
Looks like you can afford some semi-pricey staples and are willing to go infinite.

I'll just suggest cuts. You can fill them up with more degenerate goodstuff.

cut:
>dawntreader elk
>mycoloth
>xenagos, god of revels
>cultivate
>blade of the bloodchief
>lightning greaves
>awakening zone
>bitterblossom
>from beyond
>in the web of war
>pernicious deed
>primal vigor
>putrefy
>terminate
>llanowar elves
>elvish mystic
>wood elves
>>
>>49781625
>cutting Xenagos
>ever
What kind of faggot are you? Anything RGx needs xenagos, just like anything RWx needs Iroas. Naya absolutely needs both.
>>
File: 223.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>49781640
>Anything RGx needs xenagos
Nope
>>
>>49781691
Well, I stand corrected. But playing off-colour Izzet seems... suboptimal.
>>
What are some green ramp spells that let me grab nonbasics? Either into my hand or cheated out onto the battlefield
>>
>>49781785
>nonbasics
Why do you want nonbasics? Running some 5 colour nonsense? I know a metric fuckton of things that will fish basics, but not so many that will fish nonbasics. Expedition map isn't bad. I think explorer's scope will put nonbasics out too.
>>
>>49781701
It's way more fun. Like holy shit. You get tons of noncreature removal which is huge, AND you can copy it essentially for free. Gruul is token city too you you always have reliable ways to conspire your spells.

You also get to pull off obscene amounts of damage with Burn at the Stake.
>>
>>49781852
So I can grab Valakut early and copy it with Vesuva and Thespian's Stage
>>
>>49781640
>Prossh deck
>Needing Xenagos

Not sure if you even checked his deck. It was all about tokens, not fatties. I would have suggested Malignus or Blightsteel but seeing that the deck was willing to go down the path of combo I would suggest shit like Kiki-Jiki or Mikaeus instead of manly masculine fluff like Xenagos.
>>
>>49781998
Harrow does.
>>
I am thinking about starting my 5 color deck full of all the random color hate, but I don't really know what a 5 color mana base would be like on a moderate budget. I have two 3 color decks with mana bases at around $60 to $70 each. I imagine for a 5 color base it would be closer to $100.

So with that in mind, does anyone have a moderate budget 5 color deck they can post that I can clone to steal your mana base? Anything is welcome, I just trust you guys more than searching up random shit on tappedout.
>>
>>49781785
Sylvan scrying and Search for Disco.
>>
File: Harrow.png (149KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Harrow.png
149KB, 223x311px
>>49782311
>>
File: 121533_200w.jpg (26KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
121533_200w.jpg
26KB, 200x285px
So I'm fairly happy with my marchesa deck and now i want to do something with the friendly elf. Any ideas
>>
>>49782467
All the wheels and some efficient beaters in a control shell. He's pretty straightforward i.e. boring imo.
>>
>>49782444
Shit. What spell am I thinking of?
>>
>>49782607
Crop Rotation probably
>>
File: Image.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>49782607
Tempt with discovery?
>>
File: IMG-20161014-WA0007.jpg (128KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161014-WA0007.jpg
128KB, 464x664px
I'm kinda bored by Commander. I play an Allies Tribal Deck, it usually wins by killing everyone with Rally of the Ancestors. My play group is diverse and playing with them is fun. Honestly, winning is cool. But it feels lackluster just to instakill everyone.
I want to make an interactive deck with a big political focus, I don't even care about winning, I just want to equip Phage with Assault Suit or cast spells like this and Goblin Game at the table.
Who should be my Commander? One of the Marchesas? The Donate Goat?
>>
>>49782720
I think the donate goat might be really funny for political plays.

"here, have this warstorm surge, token generator. Together we can kill this dude".
>>
>>49782720
Sounds like you have a shit group if you regularly win off Rally the Ancestors

Play the Goodwill Goat
>>
>>49782815
Well, I do have multiple wincons. They, just like me, are often more focused on racing for their own combos or controling the boardstate. Graveyard hate isn't too common because most of the decks have some synergy with it.
Allies are cool because they always threat the board with going wide, giving the feel that it's useless after a boardwipe or two.
>>
>>49766232
Maybe a weird storm brew filled with 0 drop artifacts?
>>
>>49774583
>as far as I know everybody runs it
>not running superior ritual effect ramp

Do you even Anowon.
>>
>>49783156
>Not running both
Pleb
>>
>>49783156
kek haven't seen this in a while
>>
Question about aetherworks marvel, when I tap it to cast a spell for free, can that spell only be cast as it normally would be?

Example, can I tap it during an opponents turn, choose a creature , and cast it at flash speed ?
>>
File: IMG_2514.png (201KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2514.png
201KB, 265x370px
been considering this for augustin. what spells would work with it?
>>
>>49783444

yes. You can use activated abilities any time you have priority and the ability states that you can cast it

>>49783777

part the waterveil
>>
>>49783777
Non-free spells.
>>
>>49778201
I wouldn't recommend Marchesa or Riku for artifacts. They do a lot better with creatures using ETB triggers. Marchesa is a fun theft general, stuff like Threaten and Mind Control
>>
>>49783797
>Exile Part the Waterveil

All the extra turn spells you could bring up and you cite one that you can't recur?
>>
>>49783942

You cast it with awaken and get 2 6/6, and an extra turn to do whatever you want with them. But yeah, I didn't have the exile part in mind
>>
Besides EDHREC where do you guys get the tech for your decks?
>>
>>49784348
Tappedout page 5+
>>
>>49784348
Mtgs is a pretty awful community but you can get a few ideas from there
>>
>>49784348
I like to just look through my bulk cards once in a while, and sometimes I'll find something that ends up being surprisingly useful that nobody ever sees coming.
>>
>>49783903
i did say that i wanted artifacts that dealt with enter the battlefield effects first off, hence why i brought up those two. yea it will only work with creatures, but theres alot i can do with a creature entering the battlefield like with marchesa, getting two triggers of solemn if someone blocks isnt a bad thing at all
>>
>>49784348

Here and >>49784440

I once found a Serra Ascendant and now my group hates my white decks
>>
New thread required
>>
>>49783777
You got a 777 but you did not pull that foil Chandra, Torch of Defiance.

For M. Summonings: Force of Will is a card that will be great. If not FoW then stuff like Frantic Search, multitude of cantrip spells, Storm...
>>
>>49784637
Are you telling me they don't counter it with Mental Misstep?
>>
>>49784758

I'm the only one who plays blue. Most people I play with only have one deck, I'm tired of always beating elfball and kaalia
>>
>>49780321
Anybody? I'm not quite sure where to go with this. I looks fairly solid as is.
>>
Oh dear, Anowon autist and Ascendant faggot mentioned already. And Mental Misstep too which I started, we're only missing the re mach guy and who else? Is wiping also a meme yet?
>>
>>49784881

that guy who fetishized his tappedout decklists
>>
>>49784881
I'd say it's a solid thread all around if all those get brought up, even without re mach
>>
>>49784881

I won't mention the Ascendant again, sorry
>>
>>49784881
$20 + shipping
>>
>>49768698
Why not plug in "legendary creature" under the type?
>>
>>49780321
>>49784880
Well, Spore Frog and Caterpillar aren't sac outlets, sac outlets are like Carrion Feeder and Ashnod's Altar.
I would replace Gilder Bairn with Feeder, and I'd say that you're better off with original Glissa instead of traitor, seeing that you only run 5 artifacts. Sisters isn't really a good inclusion, since they don't really do much and are way too mana intesive. Viridian Zealot I would replace with Reclamation Sage or anything else, unless your meta runs a lot of Torpor Orb.
Eliminate the competition isn't really good either, because it requires you to have creatures and I feel like it's a dead card most of the time. For sac sorceries I would use Diabolic Intent instead. Mulch is pretty much a trap, as is Satyr Wayfinder, and I would use Buried alive and Entomb instead of them (if entomb fits your budget). Ruthless Disposal I would replace with Tragic Slip, Doom Blade with Go For the Throat, Sever the Bloodline with Ashes To Ashes. Twilight's call is kinda weird, I would use Living Death instead, but really depends on the meta again.
I would use Nature's Claim instead of Springsage Ritual. I would also use mana rocks or mana dorks more.
Diabolic Servitude I would replace with Animate Dead or Necromancy, preferably having them both. Grave pact would be nice too, but it's not as affordable as Dictate.
These for starters. Again, all depends on the meta. I would add some combo pieces and tutors.
>>
>Infinite comboes in casual EDH games
Do people think not playing the game is fun?
>>
>>49784924
Honestly I'm happy to see that this thread has been relatively calm with little to no shitposts and salty hooked people. Next thread there's probably gonna be another faggot who manages to derail the thread yet again.
Oh, and the worst memes are the "my store does x" and most of the houserules, such as removal of commander damage or raising poison cap. Custom banlists are always bad, from what I've seen.
>>
>>49785177
Well, not so much sac OUTLETS, as sac triggers for meren's counters.

Cheers for all the replacements. I'll look into grabbing some next week, depending on pricing. I want a grave pact, but it doesn't really fit my budget.
>>
I've decided that I'm gonna attempt to make Boros next. However I do not want to do weenie or infinite attack triggers.

Do I have any other options? What's the best general for just R/W good stuff?
>>
>>49785221
Infinite combos win games. I don't find games that durdle for hours to be fun. Combos put a timer on that shit.

Granted, I don't like decks that are geared to just constantly churn out or tutor infinites fun to play either. I run Blood/Bond in a few decks, but I rarely actually tutor for it because there are cooler things to be done, with both halves (and it's often hated out quickly when I do try for it).
>>
NEW THREAD
>>49785470
>>49785470
>>
>>49785264
If you're in later threads, I can give some more advice, assuming I've sobered up.
That said, Caterpillar and Frog are both really good. You need more sac outlets though.
>>
>>49784348
I sift and browse through endless pages on magiccards info in search for the oldest and nichest of cards that noone ever sees coming.
Thread posts: 346
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.