[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 407
Thread images: 42

File: Best General3.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General3.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Orbital Bombarding Tyranids With Tacticals in Drop Pods Editions

>Rules
Rules
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale old PDFs
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD

https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
First for FUCK THAT SALAMANDERS PLAYER
>>
File: 40kgeneralbingo.png (218KB, 1200x1400px) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneralbingo.png
218KB, 1200x1400px
This thread needs bingo!
>>
Are Assault Terminators worth playing if you don't have space for a Land Raider? Can their deep striking put them at a close enough distance to the enemy?
>>
>>49763263
Gee anon, that sure is a great plan for risky turn 4 assault. Maybe as a shitty distraction carnifex that will distract the shit out of inexperienced players who don't know any better.
>>
>Chaos Genestealer Cults when?
>>
>>49763263
It depends... If your opponent is allowed a Riptide it might be okay if you bring some Termies or a Land Raider.
>>
File: Tyranids in space.png (2MB, 1007x725px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids in space.png
2MB, 1007x725px
According to the Deathwatch codex and novel, the Imperium are focusing nearly all their resources and manpower in combating the 13th Black Crusade. They drained plenty of sectors white of military assets and fighting men. This opened a way for hundreds of minor xeno races to launch invasions into the now unprotected regions of the Imperium. Not to mention that the Tyranids and Necrons are mostly left to do as they please, harvesting and genociding all in their way.

So can someone explains what's the blooming hell is the Imperial grand strategy? By the end of all of this there will no Imperium left.
>>
>>49763473
>Imperial grand strategy?
Every second the Imperium remains is a victory, our only plan is to see the next day.
>>
File: 532353245325.jpg (205KB, 1024x1184px) Image search: [Google]
532353245325.jpg
205KB, 1024x1184px
Tempestor Prime Burt Reynolds approves of this thread.
>>
Anyone have the Skitarii painting guide? PDF/ePub don't matter.
>>
>>49763198
There's no
>Orks are a melee race
>I2

Should be instead of 'Orks are a strong codex', because that's just gonna cross out 'gr8 b8 m8 anyway'.
>>
>>49763473
sometimes you just have to live to fight another day, like >>49763502 said.

But also it's worth considering how close the black crusades are to the heart of the imperium. Not to mention that while the Necrons are incomprehensible and the Tyranids are essentially just following food the forces of Chaos are specifically trying to crush all of mankind. Given proximity and the fact that the imperium is their only target, defeating Chaos has to come first.

Plus the story has always been that Chaos is the great existential threat to mankind.
>>
If all the Age of Sigmar/Fantasy factions and units were imported into 40k and used the 40k rules, how would the factions/alliances stand up? Who would be good/bad? Who would best make the transition? Who would be the worst? Who would be the TEQ of each faction?
>>
>>49763529
sean connery from some war movie, a bridge too far?
>>
File: barackohaha.jpg (22KB, 331x318px) Image search: [Google]
barackohaha.jpg
22KB, 331x318px
>>49763362
>>
How terrible of an idea is this? Mostly using what old tanks I have stashed away.

Cadian Battle Group (1996pts)

Command
-CCS, 4 plasma guns, carapace, Chimera

Core
Emperor's Fist Armored Company
-Tank Commander Squadron, Demolisher, Battle tank
-Eradicator, Heavy Bolter sponsons
-Eradicator, Heavy Bolter sponsons
-Vanquisher, lascannon, multimelta sponsons
-2 Enginseers

Auxiliary
Emperor's Blade Assault Company
-CCS, 4 plasma guns, carapace, Chimera
-Vets, 3 meltaguns, Chimera
-Hellhound
-Devildog, multimelta
>>
>>49763578
>the story has always been that
>always
nah, chaos is a newer addition to the setting
>>
The fluff for my tzeentch daemons has always been centered around using horrors lead by a delusional Tzerald called "The Great Squiggle" who thinks it has a lot more power and sway than it does.

The Warpflame Host did a great job expanding the Squiggle's shit by being conveniently fluffy albeit annoying in the model count. Now, I'm looking to further expand the Squiggle with some potential CSM allies. With luck, the next Fenris book will help my endeavors a bit, but I might have the chance to split a Dark Vengeance box soon.

Is the stuff from DV a good addition to what is essentially a Warpflame host? I like the idea that a bunch of cultists started worshipping this crazy Tzerald, and that maybe the Changeling (because I have the model) convinced some chaos Marines to serve it and got possessed by some random horrors in its host or something.

Anyway, tldr: I have a stupid fluff idea and I'm wondering if the DV set is a good addition to a Warpflame host and what else from CSM would be a good add.
>>
>>49763362
Underrated post.
>>
>>49763942
Pretty sure Chaos was introduced in like the First edition of the game, after Rogue Trader.
>>
File: chuckle.gif (2MB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.gif
2MB, 250x189px
>>49763362
>>
>>49764031
rogue trader is the first edition of the game
>>
>>49763942
>chaos is a newer addition
?????????
Anon one of us is very very wrong
>>
>>49764060
Technically, It's a different setting.

Warhammer 2nd ED is the first proper 40K edition.
>>
How terrible are rough riders? The Krieg ones looks really nice.
>>
>>49764087
>Technically, it's a different setting.
No, it's the same setting. Just without chaos as a big deal or concept at all until part way through.

>but Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader isn't a TRUE warhammer 40,000 edition
kinda is, man. That's why they called the next one 2nd edition.

Shit changes over time. Otherwise you can start arguing that 2nd and 3rd editions aren't proper 40k editions because they have outdated fluff in them.
>>
What's the better HQ for a biker oriented combat patrol? Biker painboy or Big Mek on Gazbags Bitzbike?
>>
>>49764097
Krieg ones are the only ones that are viable.
>>
>>49764010
The cultists are tax, chosen suck; helbrute is meh.
>>
>>49764097
Additionally, if I'm playing against big Tau mechs and the like, which Russes are best?
>>
>>49764239

So.... What then?
>>
>>49764264
Vanq with Beast slayer or Punisher.
>>
>>49764279
Give up, get Renegade meat shields instead.
>>
>>49764010
You could run CSM allies with a malefic sorc, cultists, and a sicaran with the summoning legacy of ruin.
>>
What flyers (jets, gunships and the like, not monstrous creatures) can I bring more than a couple of and not be an asshole. Will Valkyries work? I like the idea of close air support, but I don't want to be an that guy.
>>
>>49764097
Rough Riders are shit. They're just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oriented around them would be incredibly boring. If IG cavalry had the same love that Genestealers then that would be fine.
>>
File: keks in binary.png (33KB, 1157x473px) Image search: [Google]
keks in binary.png
33KB, 1157x473px
>>49764422
btw while I was looking up the pasta to post that I fucking found this on the 1d4chan page,

which one of you motherfuckers was this holy shit my sides
>>
>>49764374
>What flyers (jets, gunships and the like, not monstrous creatures) can I bring more than a couple of and not be an asshole.
not a single one , flyers just operate on a diffrent level with near impunity from anything that isn't specifically tailored to kill them , and even then they're often better than most AA guns
>>
>>49764374
Valks are okay, they can be infantry murder machines if outfitted with door gunners and rocket pods. They're fairly expensive too and even bolters can shoot them down from behind.
>>
>>49764374
The Orkish ones.
>>
>>49764338
What is Sicaran and legacy of ruin?
>>
Gonna start collecting/playing 40k soon, whats a good Tau HQ choice?
>>
>>49764422
It wouldn't be an entire army, just a squad of 5.
>>
>>49764512
bruv,,,
>>
>wipe two and a half riptides turn one spamming Psychic Shriek
>charge and kill two more turn two
>Aspiring Sorcerer kills Stormsurge in melee
>opponent spends fifteen minutes post game griping about how OP Ahriman and Thousand Sons are
>>
Infiltrators or Ruststalkers?

The infiltrators look underwhemling but I bet the guns are nice.
>>
>>49764451
Fucking kek.
>>
>>49764097
what makes them any better other than the krieg leadership thing?
>>
>>49764502
Grab IA13, the sicaran battle tank is a fast little beast of a tank that has a heavy 6 rending jink ignoring autocannon. It costs 135 points stock. The death of kasyr lutien legacy of ruin is a 15 point upgrade that allows friendly psykers using malefic powers with 12" to reroll one d6 for every hull point the vehicle has remaining. If the test is failed the vehicle takes a penetrating hit.
>>
>>49764539
Infiltrators.
They get better rules and their taser stick+flechette blasters are statistically better against pretty much all targets.
>>
>>49764570
>with 12"
within 12"
>>
>>49764527
I kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single unit of Thousand Sons is "OP". It's not. They're the CSM's TEQ. It's fair if they can have one if you bring some Riptides or a Stormsurge. If they bring multiple, then yes that is pretty cheesy.

Also Daemons are shit. They're just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oriented around them would be incredibly boring. If Daemons had the same love that Genestealers had then that would be fine.

A "fun" army to play against is something that tries to bring all the neat units into the battle in a combined arms fashion. Not just spamming any one single unit. A good CSM player would know that some well supported cultist unit is a cheaper and arguably better source of anti infantry fire power than the other units.

I'm so tired of hearing non CSM players complain about "muh Ahriman or muh Rubric Marines" They're there in the codex, they have a purpose, just like the FWs. Just because you get butthurt at the cheesemongers doesn't mean that the other CSM players have to stop using a particular unit. Quit bitching.
>>
>>49764570

>grab IA13
>fw

Dropped. Sorry. I'm autistic about FW.
>>
>>49763534
WIP Thread
>>
>>49764604
>Autistic about FW
Dropped, sorry I don't waste time on lost causes.
>>
>>49764512
5's either going to get shot of the board or maybe kill one tank on the charge.

Go for 10. It's a gimmick unit, but a fun one. Making the most of the blasting lances is difficult.
>>
>>49764604
I kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single unit of FW is "OP". It's not.
>>
File: admechfreedumbs.png (35KB, 780x532px) Image search: [Google]
admechfreedumbs.png
35KB, 780x532px
>>49764451
Praise the Omnissiah!
>>
>>49764508

Tau Commander Battlesuit
>>
>>49764644

>40k is already needlessly expensive
>40k already has a trillion source books
>FW is even MORE expensive
>FW has even MORE source books

I'm already using the 40k BRB, Daemons Codex, Curse of the Wulfen, and CSM books. Using FW not only. Adds to that hassle, but now I also have to explain to people what these """""""""""official""""""""""" models and rules do. Furthermore, peole. Don't always allow FW to be used. Hell, GW stores don't even allow it. Not only is FW more expensive, I can't get it 3rd party, most of which offer a 25% discount, which only increases the price difference even more. Why spend more money for more hassle?
>>
>>49764814
I'm bad at the game and just want to stay in my comfort zone : the post

So how's all those weekly games ? oh yeah you just hoard models unpainted and still in box anyway, your opinion don't matter.
>>
>>49764911

I actually do play once a week. No one uses forgeworld.

It's nice that you didn't actually answer any questions and made yourself sound retarded.

Seriously, why bother with forgeworld?
>>
>>49764814
>"""""""""""official"""""""""""
they are official , no huge brakcets needed
>peole. Don't always allow FW to be used
counter by telling them they can't use specific units either , or simply don't play against waac fags
>GW stores don't even allow it
they should, if not that's what calling costumer service is for
>>
File: Cruelty.png (584KB, 836x642px) Image search: [Google]
Cruelty.png
584KB, 836x642px
So I noticed this for Wolf Guard terminators:
We have Heavy Falmers on the sprue, but no option to take them in the new codex.

Fuckin' why m8?
Glad mine from 2008 were all magnetized, but I have 5 of them sitting there idle now.
>>
>>49764968
why bother with forgeworld?
why bother with 40k ? why bother with your army ?
some of them are good looking models with fun and unique rules and or fluff allowing you to play in new ways
>>
>>49764997
"For every five models in the unit, one model mat choose one of the following options" Heavy flamer for 10pts, assault cannon for 20 pts, cyclone missile launcher for 25 pts."

If you'd actually look at the page, you would of seen that.
>>
Im trying to run a cabal, but not be totally douchey about it. Thoughts on this?

+++ Cheapo Cabal (1650pts) +++

++ Chaos Space Marines: Codex (2012) (Combined Arms Detachment) (775pts) ++

+ HQ (130pts) +

Chaos Lord (130pts) [Aura of dark glory, Bolt Pistol, Mark of Slaanesh, Power Armour, Power Sword, Steed of Slaanesh, Warlord]

+ Troops (100pts) +

Chaos Cultists (50pts) [Cultist Champion, 9x Cultists]

Chaos Cultists (50pts) [Cultist Champion, 9x Cultists]

+ Fast Attack (295pts) +

Chaos Bikers (295pts) [9x Chaos Biker, Icon of Excess, Mark of Slaanesh, 2x Meltagun]
····Chaos Biker Champion [Close Combat Weapon, Combi-melta]

+ Heavy Support (250pts) +

Maulerfiend (125pts) [Magma cutters]

Maulerfiend (125pts) [Magma cutters]

++ Chaos Space Marines: Black Legion (2013) (875pts) ++

+ Cyclopia Cabal (875pts) +

Sorcerer (175pts) [2x Additional Mastery Level, Bike, Bolt Pistol, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption, Spell familiar, Veterans of the Long War]
····Force Weapon [Force Stave]

Sorcerer (175pts) [2x Additional Mastery Level, Bike, Bolt Pistol, Power Armour, Sigil of corruption, Spell familiar, Veterans of the Long War]
····Force Weapon [Force Stave]

····Force Weapon [Force Sword]

····Force Weapon [Force Axe]

····Force Weapon [Force Axe]
>>
File: WGT options.jpg (98KB, 1129x408px) Image search: [Google]
WGT options.jpg
98KB, 1129x408px
>>49765011
My screenshot cut this off.
I totally looked at the page anon.
It is not there.

If you'd actually look at the page, you would of seen that.
>>
>>49764508
Shas'o R'alai.

The swiss army knife of the greater good-
>>
If Squats were reintroduced (Under a different name since GW apparently doesn't like the manlet name) how would you do them?

There's all sorts of things in the game that set a precedent for things space dwarfs would use, and maybe some more unique things. Genestealer Cults brought forward a bunch of mining equipment, Death Korps has the giant melta drill.

Of course, as opposed to the Cults being a super offensive ambush faction, I'd imagine Dwarfs being defensive; maybe something like vehicles that can entrench themselves and give themselves cover saves, or digging machines that steal GS Cult's ability to go back into reserve by taking a turn to dig under then deep strike back in.
>>
Will Tyranid warriors and lictors ever be good again? I have very little interest in Tyranids as a whole but for some reason those 2 units just make me want to build an army around them.

>tfw I will never be able field an army exclusively made of tyrants, warriors and lictors and stand a chance against anything half decent
>>
>>49765094
Squat units show up in the Tau codex, allied with or enslaved to the "Greater Good".
>>
>>49765048
>would of

go fuck yourself
>>
>>49765121
Demiurg aren't Squats, and they're only in Battlefleet Gothic.
>>
>>49765048
Huh, you're right, at least that's how it is in the epub of the Wulfen version of it. The physical copy I have of the SW codex does have heavy flamers as takeable by WGT.
>>
>>49765141
I was quoting the anon I was replying to.
Everyone isn't illiterate knows it should be "would have".

If you'd actually look at the post, you would of seen that.
>>
>>49765152
That's good to know it might be a misprint... but there were other purposeful changes to existing units like Iron Priests getting moved to HQ and a stat boost among other things.

I wish we had asked about this when GW did their open FAQs.
Nothing on the current errata.
>>
I am trying to run an allied detachment of CSM for a Renegades Plague Marines+Artillery build for the Heldrakes. What would be a good HQ unit to go with the package?

>>49765114
Allied detachment those guys to Genestealer Cults? That's what I am trying to do with Renegades since I find them a lot of fun but enjoy having a few CSM units painted Alpha Legion for fluffy "mastermind" feel.
>>
>>49764969

>they are official
Please provide a source from Games Workshop, not Forgeworld, that says
>>
>>49765031
Way too many points on Bike Sorcerers. That one unit will never make it's points back in a hundred games. Like holy shit, you go second and you auto-lose.
>>
>>49765212
Forge World falls under the banner of Games Workshop. They're a subsidiary company. To say that a company's models can't be used in their mother company's game (which shares the exact same setting and rules) is ludicrous.
>>
>>49765212
They're produced by a subsidiary company. Find something to say they aren't official. Also;

>but now I also have to explain to people what these """""""""""official""""""""""" models and rules do

Don't use them, then. You're not compelled to. But don't get pissy when other people do so.
>>
File: techpriestblank.jpg (156KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
techpriestblank.jpg
156KB, 600x502px
>people still being retarded about forge world
>year of our Omnissiah 20fucking16
Like nigga are you serious, this shit's been 100% legal in all 40k games for HOW many fucking years now??
>>
>>49765301
We should've mass-emailed the FAQ group asking them if FW was legal.

Still wouldn't have been the stupidest question that they answered.
>>
Thousand Sons wishlisting time.
>Ahriman access to rerolls/easier casting
>Asp. Sorcerers access to rerolls/easier casting and a second wound
>no longer forced onto Tzeentch and/or a Tzeentch table that isn't ass
>access to Divination
>some non-Rhino means of getting into position/around
>>
>>49765274

He was getting pissy with me for NOT using them.

>>49765255
>using a second hand source to make alternative rules and models that aren't included in the standard list of a factions rules nor are readily available and expecting everyone to be ok with it isn't ludicrous
>>
>>49765352
Yes.
>>
Not even worth giving you a (you) for that.

I am just sick of asking for ideas and people saying "just use this retarded thing from forgeworld xDd"
>>
>>49765352
>nor are readily available

They're as available as any other GW product.
>>
>>49765352
You're right, it isn't ludicrous. It means you've got the core company to produce the core rules and models which define an army, while the subsidiary can concentrate on knocking out add-ons, side projects, and other oddities which might not justify the manufacturing expense of a plastic kit.
>>
Here's my 2000 points of Guardians of the Covenant (DA):

--Demi company--
>Company master
w/digital weapons, iron halo, artificer armor, combi grav, relic blade and eye of the unseen. 195p

>Command squad
w/ Company champion with storm shield and meltagun, apothecary with meltagun, 3 veterans with plasmaguns and 1 sacred banner, Drop pod with missile launchers and beacon. 290p

>Tactical squad 1 -
10 marines, multi-melta, meltagun, Rhino. 195p

>Tactical Squad 2 -
10 marines, plasma cannon, plasmagun, Rhino 205 p.

>Tactical Squad 3 -
5 marines, grav cannon with gravamp, Infernum pattern razorback 170p

>Assault squad-
Veteran sergeant with lighting claws, 1 eviscerator, 1 flamer, 1 plasma pistol, jumpacks 170p

>Devastator squad-
Armorium cherub, Signum, 4 lascannons.

Deathwing redemption force-

>Interrogator-chaplain in terminator armor 140p

>Terminator squad,
2 TH/SS, 1 LC, Cyclone missile launcher 245p

>Terminator squad,
Assault cannon, chainfist 225p.

2000p

Rate? Changes you would recommend? I'm particularly worried about the tactical squad special and heavy weapons combinations.
>>
>>49765379

Except they're not. I can't walk I to my LGS and pick up a *retarded thing from FW* off the shelf, nor can I go up to the owner and ask to order it. I can't browse random hole in the wall hobby stores and pick it up on a whim. I can't go to one of those online stores that offers 25% off GW shit.

It's only available from the forgeworld site for even more retarded prices.
>>
>>49765375
New anon to the conversation, I understand the point you are trying to make, but please respect it is also kind of moving goal posts.
You'd rather not have the hassle of the risk that someone tells you no you can't use a model that cost a premium price and may be the crutch of your army because they don't like a technicality of it not being a normal codex miniature.
But the general consensus of course is that any opponent like that isn't worth playing if they are going to be trivial over that they can be trivial over other factors.

Really the ideal solution is a better level of game balance so every army has at least one open to counter all options from each other codex, and them themselves be able to be countered. But we're a long way off being close to that.
>>
>>49765411
A great many small GW's have had to drastically cut down the stock they keep on their shelves. Outside of the latest releases and long-running best sellers, for a lot of people FW shit is no harder to get than GW stuff.

And if the price bothers you? Chinese recasters exist. Converting existing plastic models is an option. You literally have no excuse.
>>
>>49765411
It's not difficult to go online and make an order, anon. In fact, most people have a phone that can do it nowadays.
>>
>>49764969
>they should, if not that's what calling costumer service is for
>tfw you called customer support and had the red shirt fired because he was too autistic about Forgeworld
I sorta feel bad for him, but the other red shirt at the store is a good man, and he got himself a promotion, so I feel like it evens out.

Especially because a guy working for games workshop, who outright bans games workshop products, is PROBABLY not the best person to have in charge of a store.
>>
Okay, I know Tyranid monstrous creatures suck, but what's the best of the bad bunch?

And no, not talking about flying ones, I know the meta monobuild is flyrants.
>>
>>49765077
Yeah this guy is a beast. I never use any other HQ.

He is also really funny against people using MCs as their HQ. Makes for some cool character duels.
>>
>>49765531
trygons, I guess
>>
>>49765531
Mawlocs, Tervigons can be ok when used as troops. Some people swear by Tyrannofexes.
>>
>>49764595
0/troll no b8
>>
>>49764374
tau sun shark and razorshark
Dark Eldar flyers, because DE are so weak it literally does not matter
>>
>>49764508
if you start, a fireknife is good, as it is cheap and brings support
>>
>>49763060
Do we play Eternal Crusade?
>>
>>49765518
>costumer services
>>>/cgl/
>>
>>49765546
>>49765549

Guess I'm just thinking "What could I add to a genecult as optional allies that are pretty cool".

"Two flyrants and some mucolids" is less allying for concept and more allying for power build.
>>
>>49765618
How many points would you want to spend on the allied force?
>>
>>49765594
It's widely viewed as a sub par game, but I've been playing since backers got access to the Alpha founder servers.

It's officially released but still a beta really.
I have fun on it for a couple hours each day playing in the largest active space marine clan.
Melee combat isn't perfect but it feels pretty good for some scraps.
>>
>>49765622

Dunno. About 500-750?

I have a small number of Nid models I picked up just to paint, but by that I mean literally just a Zoanthrope w/Neurothrope brood and Old One Eye.
>>
>>49764969
my local GW allows Forge world if all players agree to it
>>
>>49765618
mawloc, then

his pop up and down gimmick is probably the closest to synergizing with the cult's method of play
>>
I bought a box of Skitarii on a whim, how would you recommend I build them?

I wanted to go with 2 units of 5 figures, I'm not quite sure what all the special weapons are for so I'm not sure what I should use.
>>
>>49764539
You want too roll 25 dice that rip n tear?
Play infiltrators
You want too play kinda ok grenade chuggers that are alright at best in Melee play Rustalkers
>>
>>49765657
You should read the codex or build however you want and ignore the game part entirely.
>>
>>49765660

Man Ruststalkers are pretty much the workhorse of my Skitarii. You just need to manage your buffs and debuffs better.
>>
I'm teaming up with a harlequin player as tau in a 2v2 2000p game in the near future against Skitarii (with DW allies) and imperial fists. What should I bring? I am planning on using the Hunter Contigent, but is that a good choice to take, etc?
>>
>>49763473
What's left?
AGE OF THE EMPEROR
>>
>>49765679
What you usually do.
Don't be a tailoring shit, playing Tau is already strike one as is.
>>
File: 1473379431280.gif (850KB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
1473379431280.gif
850KB, 300x170px
>power lances only use the first profile when a model charges
>not also when the model is charged
>>
>>49765657
Depends on if you plan on doing War Convocation, since that gives free upgrades.

Plasma Calivers are good on Vanguard; assault 3 plasma is no joke, especially when doctrine imperatives puts your BS high enough to reroll 1s and thus gets hot.

Transeuranic Arquebuses are great and pretty much the only thing you want to put on rangers if you want to keep them as distance fighters.

The thing that reduces cover is nice.

Arc Rifles I hear varying opinions on.

I guess you could give your Vanguard Alpha a melee weapon and pistol if you really want, but at that point you may as well make them the warlord and give them the unit options.
>>
>>49765650
There's a genecult that has old one eye, you could run him.

Some biovores for artillery might be interesting. Hivecrone is an AA option thats fluffy enoungh. Winged nids are meant to be amongst initial invasion waves.
>>
>>49765691
I know, I don't want to tailor, just asking for general advice. And we have agreed not to bring any fliers.
>>
>>49765674
Ruststalkers are only better against one thing, 2+ saves.

Everything else is done better by Infiltrators, they have stealth for survivability, can Infiltrate and de-buff enemies within 6".

And then you have the gorillion potential attacks from shooting your 5 shot pistols then hitting with tasers.
>>
>>49765695
They're lances not pikes.
>>
>>49765701
Arquebuses are the worst fucking thing in the world. They can't do their own job, popping vehicles and trying to do so makes the rest of the squad worthless. And they don't really work as an infantry sniper because of Nil strength sniper. The price is insane for how shit they are, and I wouldn't even take them free in the War Convo, because arc rifles or just so much better at both anti-vehicle AND anti-infantry.
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 608x159px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 608x159px
>>49765715
In name only. It specifies "look at the model, and if it's a spear or lance, count it as a power lance."

So theoretically, it could be. Power pikes. Or power spears is what I was thinking of, really.
>>
>>49765689
In a twist of fate the Emperor awakens and Inverts the settting.

Suddenly few ill equipped but skilled Renegade heroes hide in the unstable warp as the God Emperor subjugatsa the galaxy with his fanatical legions of goons and elite terror troops.
>>
>>49765706
That just to Tau advantage, their fliers are trash and they won't have to waste any points on AA.
>>
Are Warsmiths not an actual Chaos unit anymore?
>>
>>49765775
Warpsmiths are their new name outside IW specific lists.
>>
>>49765705

A Skyblight swarm would be an excellent fluffy ally for a genecult, in that you have the first waves arriving at the same time as the cult is rampaging in force.
>>
So if i want too play Renegade Imps ill probably use the normal Imperial Guard codex, but how can i make them look Chaosy especially the heads would be my biggest concern
>>
>>49765869
Wait a while, rumour says Traitor Guard coming from GW.
>>
>>49765878
Romours say alot, is it aleast a reliable source?
>>
>>49765887
It's Faeit, but they got the Legions/Primarchs thing right too.
>>
>>49765869
Nigga just play Renegades and Heretics
>>
File: IMG_1448.jpg (250KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1448.jpg
250KB, 700x700px
>>49765933
This! It's fun as hell.
>mfw I have 50 zombies and 50 mutants with an enforcer equipped with combat drugs
>>
>>49765933
Lame forgeworld bullshit
>>
>>49764527
>pics or it didnt happen.jpg
>>
Don't suppose anyone at GW has thrown a thousand sons codex in the garbage recently?
>>
>>49765944
What would zombies need drugs for?
>>
>>49765959
The zombies don't have drugs, the rabble of 50 mutants have drugs.
>>
>>49765964
Oh. My bad.
>>
>>49765933
>>49765944
Well im pretty sure i wont be able too play in tournies at my local gw if i use thos rules
>>
>>49764814
>I can't get it third party
CHING CHING LINH LONG
>>
>>49766068
GW stores you can use anything GW makes. If they don't allow FW, you can report them.
>>
>>49764561
Feel no pain, move trought cover and two wounds i think
>>
>>49765352
>supplements don't exists
>formation dataslates don't exist
>>
>>49765411
you can
you just have to go to nothingham
>>
>>49765518
the right thing to do anon, just hope you didn't get to know the guy to well beforehand
>>
>>49766131
>produced by GW
>available on the GW website
>still clogs the game
>lets include another website of questionably game legal content to the tons of other shit
>>
>>49765878
first genestealers stealing our hsit , now this
and we're still in 6th ed codex
>>
>>49766169
>questionably game legal content

It's game legal, no questions.
>>
File: forgeworld.jpg (17KB, 171x311px) Image search: [Google]
forgeworld.jpg
17KB, 171x311px
>>49766169
so is FW
>>
Can some hardcore autist help me develop my owh custom SM chapter?

They are codex-organized but behave more like the Black Templars.

They have codex marks and everything but are a very religious bunch (they believe the Emperor is a god, praise imperial saints like Sebastian Thor and Sanguinius) that spend almost all their time crusading with bigger imperial fleets.

They dont have a homeworld (part of their history as a chapter is that they're a rebuilt one and their homeworld is rekt), instead being fleet based.

How can I realisticallly mix the fact that they're codex astartes marked but they usually mix and match forces from every and any company for any mission?

For example the reserve companies are notorious elite companies that are always used together with the main companies, and all marines come from the first companies (2nd to 5th), being veterans (not "codex" veterans) already
>>
>>49766203
>praising a primarch that isn't your own
that seems questionable
>>
As someone who just likes the pirate ships of the dark eldar, could anyone recommend a build I could do that involves as many of them as possible while still being ok?
>>
>>49766078
Well its more because of the costumers, that they dont want too play against FW
>>
>>49766202

My next army is going to use Phil from Investor Relations

>>49766190

There are many questions, or this shit wouldn't come up constantly.
>>
>>49766203
>they're codex organized
>except they don't actually follow codex organization at all
Pick one.

How does your chapter have so many veterans?
>>49766211
Not really. If you're going to venerate the Emperor as a deity, it only makes sense to venerate his sons as well. Even non-worshiping astartes would respect the other loyalist primarchs (the ones with rivalries maybe aside depending on the day of the week and the author)
>>
>>49766242
Literally no question in the rules. It's just people who throw a shitfit about FW.
>>
>>49765912
Canoniacal things eventually coming to the game?

Yeah pravtically prophetic that.
>>
>>49766250

Where in the rules does say you can use unofficial models from outside a codex/supplement?
>>
>>49766261
>unofficial models
>>
>>49766261
Where in the rules does it say you are allowed to wear pants while gaming?
>>
File: disgusting.png (412KB, 496x390px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.png
412KB, 496x390px
>>49766261
>unofficial models
>>
>>49766242
>My next army is going to use Phil from Investor Relations

My sides have just been jettisoned to France.
>>
>>49766225
They can suck it up. It's a GW store. All currently supportedGW products and rules are legal there.

I don't really understand the anti-FW crowd. At the absolute worst, FW is just as imbalanced as regular GW stuff, and the vast majority is mediocre or worse. With the plethora of regular GW publications, there's no way you're 100% familiar with everything game legal anyways, so what exactly is the issue with adding FW? None of it is particularly complex (most of it is just adding one or two units to an existing faction or slightly altering an existing faction), and you'll pick up what it all does quickly enough.
>>49766213
>Dark Eldar build
>still being okay
Corpse-thief Claw of bust.

If you want to run a bunch of skimmers, run a bunch of Venoms supported by Ravagers. Dark Eldar are in a pretty shitty spot right now.
>>
>>49766273
I blame the same retards that found modifiers too complicated.
>>
>>49766211

They praise Sanguinius as a saint, because in the lore he's also one of the most important religious figures int he Imperium.

Of course they admire Blood Angels but as I say they behave like a mix of codex and Black Templar chapter and have no bloodline relation with Blood Angels or successors whatsoever.
>>
>>49766078
... No.
Forgeworld has a lot of unbalanced stuff which they absolutely do not allow in tournaments.
In store, sure. Tournaments, no.
>>
>>49766225
so eldar, imperial knights only and tau are getting banned next ?
>>
>>49766290
>GW allows all Riptide lists
>but not FW because muh balance
>>
>>49766261
Page 116
>The rules for your Citadel miniatures are found in a wide range of Games Workshop publications, such as codexes, codex supplements, and dataslates.
That list isn't exhaustive. As FW products are products of GW, they satisfy the only requirement that the core rules have for rules.
>>
Can we end the baiting? Don't take b8, m8s.
>>
>>49766244

They're codex in theory but what they actually DO is more related to Black Templars.

They're a codex organized chapter that crusades along bigger imperial fleets, instead of behaving like for example the Ultramarines.

What I mean is scouts go to the first companies first, and then the reserve companies are made up of hardened veterans of the first companies.

Not that they are literal codex astartes veterans, just that the more experienced marines go to the reserve companies, which are the most active in my case.

Only the 1st company is composed of veterans
>>
>>49765413
But there's the idea. Forgeworld has even less of a duty to make a balanced game than the Vanilla GW does.
GW at least goes 'Let's try and make sure everyone has a similar number of options to choose from'.
FW goes 'Let's make awesome shit!'.
>>
>>49766310
Retards going into sperg-fits at the mere mention of FW isn't bait. It happens alarmingly regularly.
>>
>>49766290
yeah i don't want this fucking forgeworld shit in my balanced games
anyway here's my eldar army and their tau allies
>>
>>49766267
Grasping at straws here

>>49766301

They're not a Codex, supplement, or dataslate.
>>
>>49766314
I don't think you really understand the point of reserve companies.
>>
>>49766329
>such as
>>
>>49766329
>Not an exhaustive list

READING.

COMPREHENSION.
>>
>>49766317
>GW at least goes 'Let's try and make sure everyone has a similar number of options to choose from'.
That might very well be the least accurate description of Games Workshop rules development of all time. Like, have you ever actually played a game of 40k, or do you just shitpost on /tg/?

Codex: Craftworld Eldar is more imbalanced than any Forge World ruleset.
>>
>>49766342
>expecting a man who thinks forgeworld is "unofficial" has reading comprehension
>>
>>49766295
>>49766328
Because Tau and Eldar will see a MASSIVE drop in competitiveness once the Hazard teams and Irillyth come out.
>>
>>49766329
You should hunt down your last English teacher and kick him in the nuts, because he has utterly failed you.
>>
>>49766291
Fun fact most people play Eldar and Tau at my GW
>>
>>49766273

>Corpse-thief claw or bust

This shit right here is why my will to actually build my army has vanished. I bought dark eldar because I liked the models, but apparently literally every single one is completely worthless because it's not 5 retarded looking monsters.
>>
>>49766385
Welcome to life in the bottom tier. At least you can run the Corpsethief, CSM can play their retarded version of the Battle company, and Tyranids can spam Flyrants. Orks are just fucked.
>>
File: Nobz.jpg (153KB, 700x621px) Image search: [Google]
Nobz.jpg
153KB, 700x621px
>>49766397
But...but...what about Nobz in a Naut?!
>>
>there are still faggots that complain about Forge World stuff in 7th edition
You wot m7

Like really
>>
>>49766397

Be honest then: Why should I even bother?
>>
>>49766415
If you play against other bottom tier Codexes the game is still fun. Just refuse games to Eldar and Tau, and most Space Marines.
>>
Reason I'm an anti-FW is because they have a lot of powerful units and fill a bunch of gaps in your list.

Which is great, except when you play against your friends they're now put in the position where they either have to match your investment or lose.

The whole thing causes a huge arms race and kills friendships.Your group shatters and only the richest guy is left triumphant.

He then has no friends so he becomes 'that guy' in the local gamestore who is constantly creeping around with his FW greys trying to play newbs who don't yet know to avoid him.
>>
>>49766415
As a CSM player, I just switched to exclusively playing my Tzeentch Daemons. Traitor's Hate was another disappointment, but Codex: Thousand Sons should be better.
>>
>>49766273
>There's no way you're 100% familiar with everything game legal anyways
Every good player is, and Kek at you implying FW isn't game legal.
>>
>>49766425
>Just don't play most people

I'm sure to have a lot of fun games with this advice.
>>
>>49766432
How exactly is that different Eldar, or Tau, or Gladius, or any other imbalanced thing from regular Games Workshop?
>they have a lot of powerful units
Kek.
> fill a bunch of gaps in your list
Double kek.
>>
>>49766432
>except when you play against your friends they're now put in the position where they either have to match your investment or lose
This is literally no different than one player buying Eldar. It's not even remotely a FW specific problem.
>>
>>49766440
If most people at your local store play Eldar and Tau to begin with, find another fucking store dude.

I play nids, while most of the players at my LGS run Guard, Orks, Nurgle Daemons and Khorne Daemonkin. Lots of fun games.
>>
>>49766351
At least it doesn't have Hornets.
>>
>>49766415
>>49766385
>>49766433
It's not too bad on my end but I play in a nice casual meta.
venoms, ravagers, reavers, raiders with splinter racks and night shields, haywire scourges, and a dark artisan formation for a strong smashy unit that buffs everyone FnP.

No idea how viable this would be in a semi-serious setting.
>>
>>49766439
>Every good player is
No they aren't. They may have some idea of what all the other good shit does, but nobody actually knows everything off the top of their head. Yes, there are a handful of sperglords out there that do, but they are such an infinitesimal minority as to be irrelevant. Kek at your insipid illiteracy; I'm clearly pro-FW trying to paraphrase anti-FW mindsets.
>>
>>49766457
I'm just saying, not playing Tau, Eldar or most Space Marines locks you out of most players.
>>
>>49766141
MFW I went to Nottingham the day of the Space Wolves venerable dreadnought release and they didn't have any.

Ordered it there and they posted one to me and it took weeks...
>>
>>49766447
>>49766448
Because when you buy FW shit to beat the Tau and Eldar player you hate, they start buying FW shit, you lose anyway, and you just spent a bunch of money.
>>
>>49766468
Were you 'literate', you'd have used some way of showing that you were "paraphrasing". Just take the hit fag nps.
>>
Whats the general consensus on Inquisition? I want to add an allied detachment to my Guardians of the Covenant purely for the aesthetic but I dont know how they play. Is it worth just gettting a witch hunter and some crusaders or should I just not do it?
>>
>>49766425

Basically what >>49766440 said

The one guy I see most is space Marines, and my sort-of-friend plays Eldar. They want me to have some stuff ready by Sunday, but fuck. All I see is a $300 mistake.
>>
>>49766385
Honestly, go with what you like. The hobby isn't worth it otherwise.

When people say you'll never win, they're exaggerating and focusing what would happen against optimised lists. The reality is, not everyone runs optimised lists - if you go down to a local game store, sure, there'll be hardcore competitive players who netlist everything and don't run anything suboptimal, but there will be plenty of people who just play regular lists.

As Dark Eldar, it's best for you in you play Maelstrom of War missions and use your extreme mobility. Dark Eldar have always been a difficult army to play and require a lot of skill and tactical thought to make work - even more so now.

Running a pure Deldar army, you will want to use Reavers, maybe Scourges, Warriors and Trueborn in Venoms/Raiders and Ravagers. Don't bother with any of your HQ choices except maybe a Succubus - take a Lhamaen from the Court of the Archon. You will increase your chances of consistent wins by fielding some Haemonculus Coven formations though - a Corpsethief Claw is around 700pts and makes for a huge DISTRACTION CARNIFEX while your units cap objectives (Even just one or two Dark Artisan formations).
>>
>>49766478
Again, what the fuck does this have to do with FW that isn't already exactly the same problem going by Codex models only? Are you just retarded?
>>
>>49766317
I'm gonna play dkok siege regiment who are fucking shit compared to most GW factions, especially tau and elder, but yeah FW is totally unbalanced
>>
>>49766478
So your argument is that FW costs money and that you and your friends have shit-impulse control?

The argument that allowing FW immediately devolves into a spending race is asinine. If you're going to just buy the most OP thing, you can already do that with the existing armies. Adding FW to the mix changes nothing, other than add a couple new options. There is no pure FW list that's better than a pure GW list. At best you're looking at one or two FW units added to what is already a top-tier GW list.
>>
>>49766497
Talk them into cutting the most messed up stuff out, I guess. If they're sorta friends you might have some traction.
>>
>>49766495
It's pretty clear what's going on in that. I'm sorry it triggered your autism, but maybe you should find a safe space where people won't assume a level of reading comprehension beyond that of the average terrier.
>>
>>49766432
Except vanilla Eldar and Tau are far superior to 90% of forgeworld
>>
>>49766542
It's far higher than 90%, and what FW isn't inferior to them is usually just equivalent in power and not an upgrade.
>>
CBF giving a (you) to the samefag now.

I'm just gonna say this:

FW to me is like a PBetaServer.
Half of the shit isn't balanced and there's a lot of weird stuff on there which the devs cooked up for shits and giggles.

You wanna rock around on the PBS with your mates and have some fun throwing rocket-grenades at eachother, go ahead, that's awesome. But don't get mad if people don't want you bringing that shit back onto the vanilla servers.

If I'm bringing FW, I'll play a dude with FW, but I wouldn't allow that shit in a tournament.

Also before it gets said, I play Thousand Sons and IG, so no, I'm not an ETFag looking to defend my waac lists.
>>
>>49766559
What gtade A wiggly cheese FW is there anyway?
Hornet, Lynx and... Tau'nar?
>>
>>49766565
Unlesd you play Orks you aren't allowed an opinion on FW.
>>
>>49766565
Shut up and fuck off retard
>>
>>49766521
We're talking pedantry, anon, which means that 'intention > grammar' shit means nada.
People aren't automatically dumber than you just 'cos they point out that you fucked up.
It's you who fucked up. Just accept it man you're just making yourself seem like a 10yo.
>>
>>49766565
>>49766565
>CBF giving a (you) to the samefag now.
So, you don't actually have a response to the myriad anons explaining why you're a retard, so you'd rather just pretend its one dude trolling. Classy.
>Half of the shit isn't balanced
FW is more balanced than GW.

FW is entirely legal for regular games. You have zero rule or logical support for your anti-FW stance.
>>
Wow so I lurk these threads every so often. And this train wreck is amazing you all sound like crazy people.
>>
>>49766583
Why orks tho?
>>
>>49766565
more like
>waagh you can't use these dlc weapons on me because i din't buy the dlc !!!
>>
>>49766501

I have 2 Start Collecting boxes, a venom, a box of scourges, wyches, and a succubus.

The problem I have with the Corpsethief thing is that not only is it 5 of the same model, it's 5 of one of the biggest eye sores amongst an otherwise fantastic looking model line. To top it off, they're FIFTY FUCKING DOLLARS EACH. Who in their right mind would willingly spend $250 for that??

>>49766519

I don't feel right telling people not to play something they want to play. I feel even worse asking someone to handicap. If I have to ask someone to play worse to even have a remote chance, then why bother playing at all?
>>
>>49766607
Their only allies are shit tier CSM, their supplement offer no new units and their FW is 2 editions out of date and priced like it.
>>
So, I think it won't chap anyone's ass if I say that Cadians look like goddamn hydrocephalic mongoloids.

Has anyone tried putting truescaled 28mm heads (like Perry maybe) on them? Does it improve or accentuated their retarded-looking-ness?
>>
>>49766589
So your stance is what, exactly? Your post here >>49766439 obviously thinks I'm anti-FW when I'm clearly not. The intention and the grammar are perfectly clear in the original post. What exactly do you think I fucked up?
>>
>>49766577

Well there's Buzzgob's Stompa. In any other codex, getting a super-heavy for a 50% discount would be game-breaking.

For Orks, it merely puts them on the cusp of competitiveness.
>>
>>49766625
Still have enormously wide arms and legs and hands the size of boxing gloves
>>
>>49766625
I'm sure it will look fine
>>
>>49766639
How does it match up vs its points worth of othet shvy/GCs tho?
>>
>>49766610
In a nutshell, yeah.
Pay2Win is shit and should die.

>>49766596
>FW is more balanced than GW
Many forgeworld units are literally better versions of GW units.

>FW is entirely legal for regular games
I'm not the anon saying it's illegal.
But every official statement regarding it says 'ask the person you're against if they are okay with you using FW'.
Which, if someone asked me, I'd say no, and I should fucking have a right to.

And we're not talking about 'regular games', we're talking about official tournaments.
>>
>>49766351
>Craftworld Eldar is more imbalanced than any Forge World ruleset.

Spoken by a man that has never heard of hornets or the Skathatch Wraithknight.
>>
>>49766577
Greater Brass Scorpion is pretty good, and some of the CSM Legacies of Ruin are no-brainers. Kasyr Lutien is a steal for any list with a summoning component, and Perdus Rift Anomaly is pretty great.
>>
>>49766645

Made the mistake of watching all of the Sharpe series and now I've got Shako-fever.
>>
>>49766619
To be fair, that's a pretty good start, the Dark Eldar Start Collectings are great. If you want to use the Wyches, give them a Raider and put the Succubus with them (Wyches aren't that great, but if you want to use them, they can pretty reliably turn 2 charge if they don't get shot out of the sky).

The investment cost of the Corpsethief is pretty steep - personally, I like the look of the Talos and the Chronos, but they don't fit with the rest of the aesthetic.
>>
>>49766637
Should I have written 'kek at you accidentally implying FW isn't game legal'?
Sorry if I didn't make it easy enough for you to get.
>>
>>49766682
And of curse marines get good FW toys in the Spartan, Sicarian and Fire Raptor
>>
>>49766708
Technically they get drop pods too.

... But not really.
>>
>>49766681
Skathatch lacks an in-built Invunerable.

Hornets are okay in moderation, but after a few you're better off with more scatbikes or other stuff.
>>
So, for a massive mutant horde, is it better to use Renegades and Heretics or the HH Warp Cults list?
>>
>>49766596
You're also not forced to play against anything. Oh, so you want to play with riptide spam but don't want me to field my chaos sicarans? GTFO
>>
>>49766674
>Many forgeworld units are literally better versions of GW units.
Ah, so you have no idea what you're talking about. Feel free to pick any current FW book and tell us which units are just better version of GW units. Hard Mode: Nothing that's an easy conversion for someone who remembers that this is a hobby.

>But every official statement regarding it says 'ask the person you're against if they are okay with you using FW'
Incorrect. Current books say that it is official but that you should make sure your opponent knows the rules before you play. Nothing about getting their permission.

You can refuse to play a game for any reason, but don't pretend this isn't you being irrational. There is no rational argument against FW.

You're completely delusional if you think GW is going to ban FW from any official tournaments that they sanction.
>>
>>49766691
>wyches aren't that great

Yea. This hurts the most because I love the idea of them, and wish they did a wych cult supplement to make them good. Figures I would like the worst unit of one of the worse factions. It's like pottery.

As for the Talos, Idk, it's just a big ugly floating tumor in the middle of a bunch of shit that's all sleek, elegant, and turbo fast. Even its rules look unappealing: poor Bs with a bunch of ranged options, good ws with no way to reach combat, and if grav/melta/plasma is as common as everyone says, T7 W3 3+ isn't going to last long at all.
>>
>>49766734
I think HH militia (tainted flesh, cult horde) but would be nice to get an in depth comparison
>>
>>49766694
So, yeah, just maximum damage control because you didn't actually read my entire post and just zeroed in on one line taken out of context. Coolio.
>>
Just read the entire anti FW conversation. Fucking pansy, if you don't like FW is either because

a) You're poor as fuck/jew (which is no excuse now with PDFs and chinaman)

b) You're afraid to lose a fucking game (meaning that this will affect your virility in some way, like you were a fucking alpha.

TL;DR

Anti FW = fucking betas
>>
>>49766834
>a) You're poor as fuck/jew
That's not even a good argument against FW. We're already dealing with a luxury hobby that isn't, as hobbies go, actually that expensive. Buying FW over GW just means you buy shit half as quickly. You'll still end up with a fully functional army in a year or two, and it gives you more time to paint.
>>
>>49766834
>mmo has p2w elements
>y-you're just poor!
fuck off
>>
>>49766934

In what fucking world are ForgeWorld units better than GW?

Are you literally living in 2002?
>>
>>49764206
Znashdak from the Dread Mob Update
>>
>>49766957
Too outdated.
>>
>>49766715

>He thinks no invul makes a Skathatch easy to kill
>Hornets are "okay"

Ya know, it's not the end of the world to admit you are wrong.
>>
Looking to expand my eldar army with some DE and harliaquins so I can keep buying only speedy stuff without going cheesy, already got the start collecting DE pack and some wyches (I know they're bad, just love the models). Any advice on what would be good for other models? I was thinking a unit of scourge for some AT (which I'm lacking at the moment) and spltting death masque with a friend to keep the cost down, with that could I make a viable but not cheesy army?

Already got a squad of eldar jetbikes, farseer+warlock skyrunners, 15 dire avengers, 10 guardians w/ brightlance, 6 banshees, a fire prism and a wave serpant, although I don't normally use the guardians. Planning on getting a squad of warp spiders since I love their fluff, but will limit myself to one to avoid being cheesy.
>>
>>49766945
We just went through a list of about ten of them.
They're all over the place.
>>
File: Njal_Stormcaller_summoning.png (2MB, 964x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Njal_Stormcaller_summoning.png
2MB, 964x1066px
I just started collecting space wolves and fell in love with this guy, he just looks awesome! How good is he?
>>
>>49766972
>He thinks no invul makes a Skathatch easy to kill
I didn't say that or imply it. If you're just going to make shit up, there's not really much point in posting at all. You can just talk to yourself in your basement and save us all the trouble.

The lack of an Invuln does make it less hardy than the regular WK, and it also lacks access to the D. There are situations where a regular WK is superior, and most lists that I've seen take both when possible.

Yeah, Hornets are okay. They're acceptable. They're good. But they do have downsides compared to scatbikes. They give you fewer shots per point, they're more vulnerable to high-strength-low-AP shooting and Haywire/anti-vehicle-effects, and they aren't ObSec.
>>
>>49766415
>>49766425
Negative, ghost rider. I don't even have fun shit-listbuilding with GW Orks anymore. It's just too depressing to know that my units aren't as survivable, viable, or killy as they used to be except against themselves since they're REALLY FIRED UP. Every incarnation of vanilla Orks has had its fun sapped by shitty rules from shitty people:
>Green Tide
Hope your opponents roll terribly so your Nobz & HQs can survive long enough to swing since those turbo-faggots stole our invulnerable saves.
> Walker Lists
Your walking death machine Grots are still cowardly (only vehicle in the game that feels fear), lost 3 S, & you pay another 10 points for the privilege. Also Nauts can fuck off.
> Stompa!
Oh good, so an Imperial Knight less than half its cost can kill it in one hit because i4 vs. i1 D-weapon rocket tag!
> Tankbusta spam or specialist MSU
Whatever illiterate ball-gargling bums GW hired to write the FAQ cannot into English, so "plant" = " '''''''''Throw'''''''''' only one per phase :^) ." Also, your Burnas can't AP3 in combat if they shoot.
> Loota & shooting spam
BS2, random rolls, no Overwarch if assaulted
> Stack high-T & FNP
Not for you NPCs ugyuuu~
> Flier support
AV10, costs more than SM equivalents, BS2
> Nobz, the premier CC unit in the book
2 weapon options & still no Invulns, overcosted as fuck
>Biker Nobz
Lol pay more for bikes than a Chapter Master, NPCs
> Psychic spam
Here's a *single* extra warp charge regardless of how many Boyz with the Waaagh! field surround your Weirdboy, because what the fuck is fluff? Also, have only three disciplines, & never any ML3.
> Formations to use Waaagh! all the time
Oh boy, S3 Hammer of Wrath & a way to get our i2 into combat slightly faster when other armies have better versions!
> Nobz in a 'Naut, the Perfect Unit
Kek kill yourselves codex writers
> Any fun, fluffy list where your units behave & perform as designed & expected
You're thinking of the 3rd ed codex
>>
>>49766986
Care to link them, because I don't see any such listing.

The less forthcoming you are with answers, the more obvious it is that you don't actually have them.
>>
>>49766765
>tell us which units are just better version of GW units
- IG Heavy Artillery Battery/Gun Platforms
Better Basilisks
- IG Thunderer Siege Tank
Better LR Demolisher/ SM Vindicator
- IG Avenger Strike Fighter
Better Vendetta
- IG Sabre Gun Platforms
Better HWT

That's straight out of 1d4chan.
Get cucked.
>>
>>49767050
>combat slightly faster when other armies have better versions!
Orkfags whining that other factions have started getting the run+charge ability is retarded. Plenty of armies used to be able to do it.

>never any ML3
Good. If we're going to be capped at ML4 for special characters and relics, generic ML3's should be reserved for the heavy-psyker armies.
>>
>>49767050
Hey Space 0din, have you ever considered starting a new army?
Daemons are pretty good.
>>
Actually, I will say that the FW Chimera is objectively better, but that's only because of the Autocannon turret (which GW probably withheld to boost sales on that Taurox shit).
>>
>>49767086
Isn't the forge world manticore a straight up upgrade from the games workshop manticore?
It has more weapon options too.
>>
>>49767103
Fine, everyone can have the one unique thing about Orks that was left them after stripping away everything else. What do we get back for it?
> inb4 1/2 Fleet
>>
>>49767037
12 Goods.

Rune priests are pretty good.
He's like 3 rune priests in 1.
I think he was better in 5th Ed because he had a tornado that went off randomly around him as a passive effect and didn't need a psychic test. It got more powerful as the game went on.
>>
>>49767142
Orks have the MOST/CHEAPEST s8 ap3 shooting in the game.

It's stupid how many rokkits they can get for so cheap, carnifexes and marines get fucked, how can you complain about that?!
>>
>>49767153
Nice! Can't wait to paint and play him ;)
>>
>>49765406
Whats the reasoning behind having a plasma pistol and a flamer in the assault squad? I say just roll with 2 flamers for maximum burning for assault
>>
Are there any 40k novels that don't focus on scowling Space Marines?
>>
>>49767086
That's from multiple books, but whatever, you're going with guard.

>Heavy Artillery
Yeah, no arguments on that one. The artillery rules are beyond retarded, and we talk about how shitty the vehicle rules are pretty frequently.
>Thunderer
No arguments there either.
>Strike Fighter
Different intended targets, no transport capacity. Not "just a better version." If we pretend you're not a moron, a big stretch but stay with me, you easily throw an Infantry Squad in that Vendetta and drop them onto an objective.
>Sabre Gun Platforms
Has Skyfire, which fucked it over in 7e. Still a great option for cheap AA. Also marginally weaker to leadership effects since the gun is lost if they ever fall back.

Imperial Armour 1 (2E) has sixty unit entries. You've pointed out two that are actually "just better versions of GW units." Not exactly "many." Stay ignorant.
>>49767102
>Hornet
>Lynx
>Fire Raptor
>Tau'nar
>Skathatch
>Brass Scorpion
These are actually top-tier good. Notice a pattern with them, though? 5/6 are in three of the top armies; adding them does fuck-all to change the balance of the game. Of these 6, only three are WTF-tier good anyways. The Scorpion, Skathatch, and Fire Raptor are all about on par with GW stuff.

>Buzzgob's Stompa
>Sicaran
These are both usable-good. Sicaran is still a vehicle with AV12 sides. Buzzgob's Stompa...is still just a god damn stompa.

>Spartan
I'm forced to assume people think it's good in 40k because it's good in 30k. It's not good in 40k.
>>
File: EpicWarlordMain_873x627.jpg (45KB, 639x459px) Image search: [Google]
EpicWarlordMain_873x627.jpg
45KB, 639x459px
Speaking of FW, why did they go with the inferior Mars pattern for the Warlord?
>>
>>49767266
I recommend the Ciaphas Cain novels, about an IG commissar and well written. Also gives a bit of life to the imperium so you can actually imagine people living in it, instead of everything permanently being killed/corrupted/set on fire
>>
>>49767176

Don't fall for this b8, m8s
>>
>>49767291
Spartan is not amazeballs, but it is far far far superior to the LR it supplats.
>>
>>49767047
>or imply it

Seeing as the context of the argument and point of contention was that FW models are/aren't as OP as GW models, yes you did. If you can't follow a reply chain of two posts I don't know what to say to you. Not having an invul does fuck all to limit the Skathach's ludcrious horseshit when it can outmanoeuvre and outrange the regular WK. A 5++ makes fuck all difference on a T10 model.

Saying hornets have downsides compared to fucking SCATBIKES also isn't a counterpoint. The fact they are in many situations even better than one of the most broken rules GW has produced means that you cannot claim FW don't have rules as broken as GW. Trying to play them off as "okay" is hilarious damage control.
>>
>>49767266
ADB writes mopey space marines.

Abnett's Eisenhorn/Ravenor series is okayfor Black Library schlock. Don't listen to the fanboys who try to pretend these aren't just as bad as the rest.
>>
>>49767293

And why did they downscale it.

Lucius pattern is too boxy and more modern than Mars.

FW's Reavers and Warlords are supposed to fit in the Horus Heresy line of products, Lucius would be exclusively 40k
>>
>>49767291
Strike Fighter vs Vendetta
Please don't say things like 'If we pretend you're not a moron' and then talk about putting a 10 man squad in a 6 man plane.

So Sabre gets changed from 'better HWT' to 'Better Hydra'.
We can make the Rapier Carrier Batter a 'Better HWT'

>You've pointed out two that are actually "just better versions of GW units"
Five now, but we'll continue on. As mentioned, that was literally two minutes on 1d4chan, and I skipped over maybe three forgeworld entries to find those gems.
That's one race, three minutes, and I don't own a single IA book.

So yeah, the shit is easily listable, and stop trying to win an argument just by assuming that the average person can't be fucked proving you wrong.
>>
>>49767315
>all that mad
The best part is you're even more ignorant than I am. It's T8, and both have access to the scattershield. The advantage of the regular WK is access to the D, which does make it situationally superior to the Skathatch.

I'd argue that Hornets and Scatbikes are about equivalent levels of broken. Which is counter-arguement regardless of what your anger tells you.
>>
>>49767293
To keep the patterns consistent between the Warhound, Reaver, and Warlord models in case you're a richfag who wants to run a well- coordinated financial assault battalion.
>>
File: 1475586045773.jpg (53KB, 626x551px) Image search: [Google]
1475586045773.jpg
53KB, 626x551px
>>49767452
>TroopS8AP2
>Equivalent
>>
File: get_some_help.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
get_some_help.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>49767176
Very obvious b8, please apply yourself, 0/8
>>
>>49767102
>>49767291

Hey, you said link them and I linked.
You seem like an angry dude.
>>
>>49767486
Hornets are a Fast Attack anon, but as an Eldar player, I'll be the first to say Hornets are busted as fuck. I use mine as Vipers in non-fw games
>>
>>49767418
>what are special weapon squads: the post
it's like you haven't dropped a group od demolition charges/flamer wielding grunts in the middle of a blob before
>>
>>49766317
>GW at least goes 'Let's try and make sure everyone has a similar number of options to choose from'.

>Codex Skitarii or Cult Mechanicus having ~5 kits (8-10 unit choices) each.
>>
>>49767520
M'bad. Get all my info from Miniwargaming and they don't know shit.
>>
>>49767418
>Please don't say things like 'If we pretend you're not a moron' and then talk about putting a 10 man squad in a 6 man plane.
My bad, I actually wrote SWS initially and then changed it for some reason. Still, you don't seem to be arguing that the Strike Fighter isn't just a superior vendetta.

Hydra has advantages over the Sabre and vice-versa. That one definitely isn't a clear-cut case of one being superior to the other.

Rapier Battery can't be taken as ObSec Troops.

Thunderer and Heavy Artillery Carriage are two. Out of sixty. Not many, which is the entire point of contention. I never argued that their aren't FW units that are superior versions of GW units, just that it's not "many." Most are just different or worse.

Stop trying to win the argument by pulling a couple examples from 1d4chan and claiming that the most egregious examples are indicative of the whole. If you aren't interested in participating and don't have the means, feel free to stop posting.
>>
>>49767511
My response to you wasn't particularly angry.

>>49767529
No, I did fuck up there. I should've left it as SWS.
>>
File: 1464589253198.jpg (46KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1464589253198.jpg
46KB, 500x418px
>>49767530
>tfw combine both lists plus the Taghmata book into one happy extended mechanical family

It's good to beep boop
>>
OPINIONS TIME
BLOOD ANGELS VANGUARD SQUAD
4 LIGHTNING CLAWS W/ PISTOL OR
4 POWERSWORDS W/PISTOL
IS SHRED WORTH LOSING THE EXTRA ATTACK
DO BLOOD ANGELS NEED IT WITH FURIOUS CHARGE?
THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS
>>
File: 1475251889433.jpg (26KB, 282x325px) Image search: [Google]
1475251889433.jpg
26KB, 282x325px
>>49767540
>Get all of my information from MWG instead of reading the books
You know you can get a .PDF of Doom of Myerma at the top of the thread right?
>>
>>49767573
SHRED IS OBJECTIVELY BETTER ANON
>>
>>49767573
RAAAAAAAAGGGGEEE
>>
>>49763263
Considering how badly they nerfed Assault? Probably not unless you use them as a dedicated single-target tank/artillery hunter.
>>
So within my Lion's Blade Battle Company if I put two Eviscerators and two flamers in a 10 man Assault Marine squad (with Jump Packs) would it be best to combat squad them so the two Eviscerators can go with the Jump Chap and the two Flamers can go with the Jump Cap and his combi-flamer?

Also are 3 Lascannons/3 Assault Cannon Razorbacks in addition to my 4/5 Missile and 4/5 Grav Devastator Squads enough anti-armour or should I make my Attack Squadron Auxiliary the Multi-Melta Squad?

The alternative would be the Typhoon/Grav Attack Squad Variant.

This is for a 2v2 I scheduled for the end of this month. It will be my Dark Angels and my friends IG/Sisters/Inquisition (1000/500/250 apparently) against Multi-God Daemon (Main Tzeentch so usually SOME summoning) and Nurgle CSM/Daemon (With a Chaos Knight).

It will be 1750 pts per player (3500 per side) which will be the biggest game I've gotten in for quite some time.
>>
>>49763903
>using a fluff based detachment

>min maxing and optimising to be competive instead of fluffy

Pls go
>>
>>49764264
Battle tanks battle tanks and more battle tanks

Vanquishers on guys with bs4 otherwise its a waste
>>
File: 20161013_104048-1600x900.jpg (308KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20161013_104048-1600x900.jpg
308KB, 1600x900px
Are you guys ready for AoP?
>>
>>49766286
Your getting a bit marty sue with this bud
>>
File: Space Marine Players.gif (4MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine Players.gif
4MB, 300x168px
>>49767675
>using a fluff based detachment
>using intelligence and optimizing to be smart
>in the 41st Millennia they have a vast array of scans and intelligence gathering technology

I get why list tailoring is a shitty thing to do but unless the scenario involves you being ambushed while looking for the opposite type of enemy most 40k armies are smart enough to min/max in fluff.
>>
>>49767573
Mathematically, the Claw does slightly better against T>S targets. The Sword does slightly better against T<S targets. They are equivalent against T=S targets.

I'd go for a mix, but I'm a sucker for swords. Best bet is probably to go for the claw.
>>
>>49767578
Don't play eldar anon, soz. Never seemed worth reading.
>>
Is the chaos marine armour from the plastic box just Mk VII armour with metal edging and spikes?

It seems a shame they did not make it look like older stuff.
>>
>>49767573
Extra attack against hordes/GEQ. Shred against MEQ + TEQ.

Also, remember to run a Angel's Blade Strike force with a Battle Demi-Company. Thanks to RAW, you get +2I on the charge for your Battle Demi-Company, as the decurion gives you +1I on charge, while the formation does as well.
>>
>>49767753
The CSM plastics aren't really any particular pattern. Just kind of a mish-mash of various power armour aesthetics with horns.
>>
>>49767700
Just finished my Mechanicus today, gotta put a few more touches on the board and we'll be ready to go. Best of luck!
>>
>>49767103
>Good. If we're going to be capped at ML4 for special characters and relics, generic ML3's should be reserved for the heavy-psyker armies.
He never bitched about no generic ML3, just that Orks have no access to it at all.

There are named Weirdboyz in the fluff, why can't there be just one in the codex?
>>
>>49767816
I believe they used to have a Weirdboy Character but I couldn't tell you what his Master Level was or anything.
>>
File: IMG_6959.jpg (366KB, 863x1118px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6959.jpg
366KB, 863x1118px
Anyone know how to handle skyhammer style alpha strikes against guard in a competitive setting?

it seems like a hard check or even counter to most parking lot guard lists, I'll be at a tourney in a month and I know for certain at least two people are bringing massed drop pod/ skyhammer and they are going to leave my ass sore if I don't think of a way to stop it.

>btw something I found interesting while looking for ideas is that coteaz's special rule states that he immediately shoots at whatever deep strikes in, which means he shoots at drop pods before they spit out their cargo, with prescience off him and 3 melta servitors have a near 90% chance of popping every drop pod that lands within 12" of him, won't stop marines from raping you because they don't give a fuck but still cool.
>>
File: Genestealer.jpg (69KB, 1240x774px) Image search: [Google]
Genestealer.jpg
69KB, 1240x774px
Genestealer cults confirmed in South Dakota

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/13/baby-born-with-adult-sized-tongue-smiles-after-life-changing-sur/
>>
>>49764010
>>49764338
Dark Vengeance is trash for Chaos. Malefic Sorcs are trash too. Sicarans are disgustingly good, but you're probably better off allying in R&H. CSM don't bring much to the table.
>>
File: 200 percent radical.png (487KB, 525x641px) Image search: [Google]
200 percent radical.png
487KB, 525x641px
>>49767842
Top kek
>>
>>49767842
>Aberdeen

Makes sense. People there are subhuman. Only barely better than Huron.
>>
>>49767735
>space marines are force to use whatever relics of their past glory they have left, not everyone is as well equipped as first founding chapters

>guard uses whatever the munitorum sends them "oh sorry we thought you were fighting orks, hope you find use for these wyverns against that traitor armoured division

But on the reverse

> grey knights/eldar/chaos forsaw this battle coming half a century ago and have been preparing since then

> Shadowsun/creed/Abbadon are such brilliant tacticians with intellegance gathering out the ass that they knew exactly what the enemy would bring,

Literally just forge the narrative, you can come up with a fluff excuse either way
>>
>>49766314
Play black templars you top tier autist
>>
>>49767675
Is the Cadian battlegroup actually fluff based?
Is that a thing?
>>
>>49763903

> 3 meltagun vets

woh woh woh, let me just stop you there.
>>
>>49766432
Your group of friends sound like rotten cunts, then.

My group has used ForgeWorld for the 4 to 5 years we've been playing together now, and everyone gets along fine because we realize it's just a game. Very rarely does ForgeWorld make a difference in a game. One friend brought the new ForgeWorld Skitarii guys with special ammo and another friend just used his Cyclopia Cabal to aim it elsewhere. It was hilarious.

We're all good friends outside of the hobby, and if we're not prepping for tournaments, or playing friendly games, we're playing video games at another's house, going to go see movies, fishing trips, you name it.

Heck, four of us bought a house together. Now THAT is a test of friendship. Not bringing a different shade of plastic models that triggers some people.
>>
>>49767785
I would argue that because it is the same rule "The Red Thirst" it cannot stack
>>
>>49766415
No one bats an eye when you play unbound then throw three super heavies and ten looted tanks with kill blastas at them in a 2k game?

Also i just love orks.
>>
>>49768062
to be fair though most people aren't out there buying houses with their 40k group
>>
>>49768069
Then I would LAUGH in your UGLY face and tell you that the Demi-Company are SUPER RED THIRST BITCHES.

But you're probably right, the problem is it just makes me hate the formation even more. Especially when only a few are OK.
>>
>>49768062
most of my group doesn't give a fuck if you bring some forge world, a lot of people think its a "pay to win" button, but in reality forge world can be harder to play with and have more complicated rules, not to mention you can't take them in formations
>>
>>49768062
Seriously, I want in your group.
>>
File: 1446230955635.jpg (18KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1446230955635.jpg
18KB, 250x250px
Been out of the loop for a year and a half, what have I missed?
>>
>>49767839
If you have enough bodies in your deployment zone there won't be any room for your opponent to deep strike
>>
>>49766432
So you have a bunch of senpai instead of friends?
>>
>>49768142
Forge World is pay to win? Oh yeah. Tell me, what Imperial Armour book has the vanilla Wraithknight? (I specified before you smart-ass fucks mention the other one). What about regular Riptides? (Variants can't be taken in squadrons and don't get +1BS bonus for it, plus take up slots which are prob best used for other shit). What about Scatbikes? Where is the Skyhammer Formation?

Etc. Etc.

Forge World has some good shit, but it has some real fucking shit stuff. Go on, tell me the Tank Hunter Destroyer is good. Ooo a 72" Lascannon. WONDERFUL.
>>
>>49768154
A couple shitstorms and Magnus
>>
>>49768154
Things got better. GW are returning to their glory days with board games and bundles at a reduced cost.
>>
File: 1444756994347.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1444756994347.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>49766432
>he actually believes this
>>
>>49768154
GW GOING BANKRUPT.

AGE OF THE EMPEROR CONFIRMED.

GALAXY WILL BE CONSUMED BY CHAOS.

EMPEROR WILL SURVIVE AND CREATE STORMCAST SPACEMARINES IN THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY. THE FIGHT GOES ON. HE ALSO MEETS SIGMAR.
>>
>>49768154
FW is now officially accepted as a GW product and in tournaments. Everyone is ok with that except few retards.
>>
>>49768232
The scary thing is, I can see GW doing this. Think about it. Stormcast aren't Sigmarines, because they are also female. As in, women can become Stormcast. So the Emperor meets Sigmar and gets the ability to mix Space Marines and Stormcast together, allowing him to make female Space Marines.

This pleases the SJW. GW wins shekels.
>>
>>49768267
Are SJW also anti FW? Because I need allies.
>>
>>49768267
no one is going to play 40k because of female space marines. thats what sisters of battle are for. its probably why they're doing plastic versions of them.
>>
>>49768246
Because FW wasn't "officially accepted" a year and a half ago?
Get your head out of your ass, shitdick.
>>
>>49768196
>Kirby leaves GW
>Suddenly GW is better

WHOA. THE GUY WHO WAS A DICK TO CUSTOMERS AND FORCED ANTI-CONSUMER RULES LEAVES AND SHIT GETS BETTER?

I also talked to White Dwarf writers about improving their magazine, they're very nice. They liked one of my ideas and are going to work it in.
>>
>>49768267

Who does GW win shekels from? SJWs don't play Warhammer.
>>
>>49768162
I mean there are some pretty broke PURE forgeworld lists, but you're talking about spending thousands of dollars potentially to have an army thats bellow SM,eldar, and tau in power level, forge world is surprisingly balanced, so you're basically paying more money for something just a little bit different than what the vanilla codex has.

Now I have seen people use forge world as more of a keystone to their army, one or two units that slide into a perfect spot in their strategy that does a lot of work.

Mostly i see forge world played for fluff/rule of cool reasons, but sometimes they can be used to their full potential and wreck face.
>>
File: proofs meme.jpg (82KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
proofs meme.jpg
82KB, 680x583px
>>49768280
>plastic versions of them.
>>
>>49768298

What was your idea?
>>
>>49768279
>>49768280
>>49768300
Then why are they painting models black for the first time in 30 years, hmmmmm?
>>
>>49768307
>he didn't watch the video

Do you not know about Magnus and the other Primarchs and Chaos Primarchs getting plastic models too?
>>
>>49768156
yeah I'm all about meat shields, my guardsmen make great 5+ cover saves for my armor, but basically what that means is I'm forced to field like 300+ points of guardsmen to protect my backline, plus if a sky hammer player wanted to be a dickhead they could hold back their alpha strike until like turn 4-5 and just cap objectives all game while i cower all my OBSEC troops in a corner.
>>
File: 3.jpg (63KB, 304x750px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
63KB, 304x750px
>>49768305
This right here
>>
>>49768315

There are black guardsmen as far back as the IG second edition codex...
>>
>>49768298
Kirby didn't fucking leave. He's just not the CEO anymore.
>>
>>49768307
way to have an actually life and not keep up with 40K news on a day to day basis

yup, plastic birb magnus and plastic bolter bitches are on their way, the High Lords themselves announced it.
>>
>>49768280
>thats what sisters of battle are for
Fuck you
>>
>>49768084
True, but when it's with people you see 1-2 times a week and have known for half a decade, why not go in together and get a nice place to live?

Plus, having a room set aside for wargaming is a pretty neat experience.

>>49768151
Live in the Raleigh, North Carolina area? We're always open to have more people show up on our usual meet ups on Tuesdays/Saturdays.
>>
>>49768314
I basically said that

1. They needed to bring fluffy battlereports back. As in, remember old White Dwarf they use to do a battle report with the actual rolls and stuff on the table? This was combined with fluff text boxes explaining what happened on the table in a nice way. So, say a Space Marine Squad killed 10 Orks, the text box would say "Sergeant Thartus aimed his bolter and fired a burst into the onrushing Orks. He was rewarded with the pleasant splatter sound as heads were pulped by the mass reactive rounds. Brother Martus let loose with his Plasma Gun, vapourising 3 more". Get it? I said they needed to bring that back. They said they would (they were planning). I also said that their battle reports should be 'canon' in a way, since they're minor battles and shit (they did this a few months before End Times in WHFB) and they said it would be difficult to do that as it'd require work with the writing team. But they then went "It's not impossble, it could be done..." hinting that some battlereports might be added to canon. The final thing I added was the ability for normies like us to send them battle reports we had recorded and written into narratives. They said they use to get reports anyway, but they were poorly written. But then added it might be possible. They said they liked the ideas and would work on them to make them viable.

The other shit I added was "People should be able to send in their art of AoS and 40k". They replied saying this is already being implemented. They also added they now hire artists from forums and websites. So the Black Library guy basically was right, GW hires from DeviantArt and shit. In my original email I also said people don't like the clean art all the time. So get submitting your Blanchesqe art and you might get hired. It'll be used, essentially, as a hiring system where GW has the bargaining power.

I said some other shit but I can't remember what. I was going to submit some more ideas...
>>
>>49768368
Gossip says Rountree tries to schedule important meeting around when Kirby won't be at the office.
>>
>>49768375
sorry, I had to meme.
>>49768307
its from a warhammer video where they talk about magnus' new model. they mention plastic sisters as a sort of off-handed joke comment, but I doubt they'd be laughing and not actually be making them.
>>49768315
theres a huge gap between doing that (which isn't a deal at all, black people live in 40k, they're mentioned all over 40k books) and doing shit like making female space marines
>>
>>49768332
Yes, but where are the SoB?

>>49768374
I still doubt this. I've heard this before, anon. Last 10 years. I've seen the Magnus sculpt, but where is the SoB sculpts? If it's just a bit of 'fluff' text, I'm still doubting it. They're probably going to get squatted.
>>
>>49768368
if he isn't ceo, he isn't making big decisions. thats what matters.
>>
>>49768368
I know this anon. But his position is a bit memey. Rowntree is the CEO and Kirby doesn't have authority to do shitty decisions like adding Horde rules to WHFB in order to increase sales

>MAKE HORDES OP SO THAT MEANS PEOPLE HAVE TO BUY 3 BOXES!
>>
>>49768355
lost and damned seem pretty broke too, like you can get so much shit for so god damn cheap, with really no drawback if you play your cards right

>laser rapiers for nothing
>as many wyverns as you could ever want at a ten point discount
>a retarded amount of bodies on the field

But like kreig the fun models cost a fucking arm and leg, and their "codex" is basically $100 (sorry no chinese/ebay knockoffs of those) with no promise it'll ever get updated and you always run the risk of being called a power gamer or going to no forge world groups or "you only won because you bought a bunch of expensive models"
>>
>>49768431
Nigga they said in the video they wont be cominh out for months, probably to make space for more 30k and Fenris 2
>>
>>49768431
uh oh, I heard it was like an official thing, I'm gonna go double check right now, hope i didn't just get tricked into getting on the hype train that has been stuck at the station for ten years...
>>
>>49768430
>off-handed joke comment

SoB squatted confirmed. The rumours said they all mass up to fight Abaddon and then get destroyed. So, it's basically a 'fuck you' comment. Until I see scuplts, it isn't happening.
>>
>>49768418
Both of those things are implemented now, by the way.

New 150 page+ White Dwarf has fluffy battle reports, and they've set up a fan gallery on their site.

>>49768431
Watch the video, they mention Plastic Sisters of Battle being in the top secret bin that no one on the internet must see that Magnus's model was in.

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1222
>>
File: 6.jpg (770KB, 1194x1544px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
770KB, 1194x1544px
>>49768449
Death Korps isn't really broke, i'd say both lists are on either side of mid tier, assault being better than siege
I don't know much about lost and damned haven't read their shit tbqh
And yeah I'm collecting a dkok army and I doubt FW will be getting much if any of my money, gonna be with friends if I do play and they wont give a shit if I have pdfs
It's a ballache having to buy my artillery though, makes me think I should drop siege for assault, and not have to buy loads of individual artillery and engineer models
>>
>>49768465
Yeah and 'months' could mean billions. Ie; they're never coming out. Until I see the sculpts, I'm not going to believe shit.

>>49768477
Until I see the sculpts anon... I cannot believe. Sorry lad.
>>
>>49768472
what if they release a box set of SoBs VS Black legion, and have it be this massive final battle where almost all the sisters die, if sales are good they release a harlequins level mini codex, if they are bad then they at least go out with a bang slaughtering heretics.
>>
>>49768472
if they wanted to squat them, wouldn't they just not mention them at all?
>>
>>49767839
corteaz is even better than you think anon, normal interceptor rules only allow you to fire once , corteaz fires every time
you basically solved your own problem
>>
>>49768494
Wait, so they could say "Sisters of Battle coming in a few months" and you wouldn't believe them until you see a sculpt?
>>
>>49766510

>There is no pure FW list that's better than a pure GW list

Aren't the Ork Dred Mob and Zhadsnark Biker list superior to regular GW Orks?
>>
File: cortez.jpg (39KB, 340x462px) Image search: [Google]
cortez.jpg
39KB, 340x462px
>>49767839
Coteaz fires at EVERY target that arrives within 12".

That means all four drop pods AND the marines that emerge from them.
>>
File: OnMyWayToExterminatusYoBitch.jpg (45KB, 620x380px) Image search: [Google]
OnMyWayToExterminatusYoBitch.jpg
45KB, 620x380px
>>49768527
no don't get me wrong he's dangerous, but even if you can place him to cover your entire front line, and blow up every drop pod that comes in, you're still gonna get a tons of relentless devastators who only probably lost one guy from that explosion and did not fail their pinning

or fit him with 3 plasma cannons+3plasma guns to nuke any MEQ/TEQ with the balls to drop in and clump together, but then you only have a 20%chance to pop drop pods because you can't wait for them to disembark before shooting.

He's good, but he isn't a universal fix all, plus THSS assault troopers don't give a single fuck and will only loose like 2-3 guys from all that, which is still more than enough to kill literally 1000 points worth or amour on turn two.
>>
>>49768569
Correct.
>>
>>49768592
woah hold up nigga, is that how that works? i thought transports counted as one unit until disembark? so the drop pod lands, you take your shots at that UNIT and then when that unit gets out of their burning transport you've already shot at them.

If it works how you said I'm literally going to go touch myself to my coteaz model

>implying I don't already do that when he doubles my chance to seize every game.
>>
>>49768611
Why?
>>
>>49768651
clearly he's jaded as fuck and thinks GW is literally Hitler when they made an amazing game and have stayed alive for 20 years that have mostly been unforgiving to table top games, and to top it all off they are clearly cutting out the tumors that have been corrupting them the past ten years.
>>
>>49768638
Not that guy, but yes, it's how it works.

If a Skyhammer lands next to your Coteaz in a unit of GravCents, you get to fire at every unit that presents itself, including the devastators that come out of the drop pods.
>>
>>49768380
Sadly I live slightly closer to Canberra.
>>
>>49768673
>coteaz can have 3 multimeltas, 3plasma guns, and 6 storm bolters/ hotshots in his unit, all with twin linked
>math hammer says that statistically kills any drop pod and any 5 man team and any 10 man team that isn't THSS that lands 12" away

help I'm painfully erect
>>
>>49768679
Heh, yeah, that's a bit of a swim, isn't it?

Well, if you ever find yourself in the states, stop on by, I guess!

We're the Lords of War group based out of Event Horizon Games in Garner.

(( My Steam is Grloious Spacenoid if you ever play vidya. ))
>>
>>49768690
*erection five*

I've been stuck this way, myself, for a year now, Welcome, brother.
>>
>>49768651
Because "Plastic Sisters THIS YEAR!!!" has been said for the last 10 years and it hasn't happened. GW saying it isn't confirmation. They said 15 years ago Xenohunters codex was coming out. We only got Deathwatch last year.

So, sorry I don't believe that shit.

>>49768671
Whoa. That projection.
>>
>>49768610
3 servitors with multi-meltas
2 weaponsmiths
1 priest with plasma gun
3 acolytes with bolter guns
3 acolytes with plasma guns
209 point zone of denial, you're saying this isn't enough fire power?

>>49768638
Yep but the downside is it only works if they land within 12" of him.
>>
>>49768710
>Acts exactly how the previous anon depicts you

"WOAH! P-PROJECTION!!!"
>>
>>49768690
Yep, an acolyte with a plasma gun is 14 points.
>>
>>49768710
nah i mean I'm pretty new to "the hobby",going on 2 years, if anything I'm kinda just venting because of how much i hear people bitch about how an awesome game isn't perfect and how the company trying to make is satan when they (usually) are trying their best and not just (always) trying to milk their fans.

Probably should have been a little less venomous ill admit
>>
File: p106ge.jpg (12KB, 198x200px) Image search: [Google]
p106ge.jpg
12KB, 198x200px
>>49768699
>>
>>49768716
guess what also works only 12" inches away? multimeltas and assaults
>>
>>49768769
Ultramarines ARE my Chapter!

How did you guess?
>>
File: Hard_No.gif (3MB, 746x420px) Image search: [Google]
Hard_No.gif
3MB, 746x420px
>>49768786
>>
>>49768716
oh shit nigger those monkeys add two extra multimeltas or lascannons or WoF when you get assulted

Plus they have that chance to give your guns a handjob

no wonder the big =][= is so popular in competitive lists don't get me started on what servo skulls do for all those pie plates guard has
>>
>>49768775
Yes, anyone trying to assault coteaz is fucked but the point is he can't protect your whole battle-line, only around 24" of it.
>>
Are they going to completely rewrite the SoB codex, or update the 2013 eCodex?
If it's anything like the DE 5th edition update, that'd be cool.
>>
>>49768805
Yeah, rolling the right result has them add an extra 12" on to the range of your plasma and multi-meltas meaning you can blow anyway any vehicles within 18" and your 10 point plasmas are range 36".
>>
>>49768770
>>49768770
>>49768770
>>
>>49768830
I'd have to imagine it will be a pretty large re-working, mostly to get away from the more 'risque' models like the Repentia/Penitent Engines.

...Which is a shame as I love bondage nuns with chainswords.
>>
>>49768806
yeah but it gives me a lot better options, guard about 80% of my tightly packed parking lot, then fill the rest with guardsmen or just shitty assaulting/shooting options, basically he helps me turtle up my gunline, a couple vendettas with troops in them would be nice to snag objectives since most of my army won't be moving out until turn 4-5
>>
>>49765742
>>
MFW age of emperor just uses the FW heresy models for the loyalist primarchs, and the FW autists in here have to accept.

Mfw the FW autists in here have probably never read their campaign books, which are fucking awesome and fluffy as hell and probably the best official example of imaginitive use of the setting.
>>
>>49768380
Raleigh? Do you play at Atomic Empire?
Thread posts: 407
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.