[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Custom Space Marine Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 35

File: downloadfile-2.jpg (20KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-2.jpg
20KB, 400x500px
Come one and all, show us your custom Space Marine chapter or give opinion on one.
(For example, this is my own chapter known as the Copper Rocs)
>>
File: blank.png (113KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
blank.png
113KB, 400x500px
Like autism?

Of course you do!

Here's a transparent template for you crazies who want to add designs, camo, and shit to your chapter.

Open in your favorite photoshop clone. I use Gimp.
>>
File: PersMarine1stComp.jpg (49KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
PersMarine1stComp.jpg
49KB, 400x500px
Unnamed chapter I'm still working on.

I'm trying to nail down their style. What would you call the battle dogma that displays the following traits?:

>Melee is for veterans
>The bike/landspeeder is the only vehicle that is worthy of being piloted by a Space Marine
>We need to get the enemy where we want them, and get our troops there stat
>Stealth and open warfare are BOTH fine, whatever gets the job done best
>>
File: Knights Lazarine.png (34KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Knights Lazarine.png
34KB, 201x281px
>Knights Lazarine
Still working on lore, but they basically started out as a 40k version of my favorite order of knights, The Order of Saint Lazarus.
>Space Crusaders
>Homeworld is SPAAAACE Jerusalem
>Called to fight the forces of Nurgle
>Their faith alone makes them highly resistant to disease.
>Focused on healing the sick and tending to the wounded when around civilians
>Even so, some still fall prey to Nurgle's Rot
>Instead of killing their battle brother, apothecaries cut off affected limbs and return them to battle if possible with cybernetics.
>>
>>49762539
Neat
>>
>>49762539
Sounds pretty cool actually. Usually I'm not big on the lore, names or schemes of homebrew chapters, but yours is interesting.
>>
>>49762539
What program is used to make this style of space marine pics?

>>49761942
Fast attack? Blitz? Drop-pod assault?
>>
File: Knight_1200.jpg (64KB, 382x625px) Image search: [Google]
Knight_1200.jpg
64KB, 382x625px
>>49762636
>>49762657
Thanks!
Yeah, these guys had actual lepers in their ranks, making them the only historical case of "Undead Paladins."
I'm surprised GW hasn't even touched on the idea.
>>
>>49762689
Oh, it's some weird-ass russian program called Chapter Generator.
I got it from some anon long ago, lost the link.
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (15KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
15KB, 400x500px
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 765x368px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 765x368px
Void Sentinels

Based in the Gross Sector of the Segmentum Ultima
Chapter Fortress is the Grand Cruiser "Son of Jula"
Second Founding Chapter created from the 240th Company of the Ultramarines Legion.
Strategical Focus on Naval Support for the Imperial Navy in the Sector.

Specialized in Void Combat and Boarding Action, limited planetary capabilities (doesn't field any tanks or transport vehicles), Ground Assaults are usually only done to clear a Landing Zone for the Imperial Army and carried out with Drop Pods and Thunderhawks.

Close ties with the Imperial Navy based on the Sector HQ in the Orbit of an Agri World of Jula, and in close cooperation with the AdMech on the small Forge World of Gross which supplies the whole sector.

The Gear of the Void Sentinels is mostly "outdated" since the Forge World of Gross is not in posession of the latest STC patterns.

They use Mark 3 Pattern Power Armor (for one because that's the only pattern Gross has, and second because it's the best suited for Boarding Action)

They also have a limited supply of Relic Cataphractii Tactical Dreadnought Suits, altough the ancient STC on Gross can churn out about 4 a year.

They have two colour Schemes depending on the timeline, Pre Waagh Zoggos they were "Voidblue" (Regal Blue) with Black, after the Battle for Phorium II they changed it to Blazing Orange and White in honour of the Warlord Titan "Oliander" which held the Orkish tide long enough for the entire Chapter to evacuate the Planet and turn the tide in Orbit.

Their old Insignia was a white laurel wreath on a golden skull, but after Waagh Zoggis they changed it to three white stars representing Gross, Jula and Phorium Prime.

They do adhere to the Codex Astartes, but consider it as a Guideline for Basic Rules, but don't follow it religiously.
>>
File: BA_Legionary_MK_IV.jpg (171KB, 400x593px) Image search: [Google]
BA_Legionary_MK_IV.jpg
171KB, 400x593px
>>49760978
I played around with this idea of a Blood Angels successor chapter that had a mutated geneseed that allowed them to grow large biological and angelic wings, which they basically see as inheriting Sanguinius's gift. Though really their just a chapter that got lucky with their mutation.
Though worry came in and this idea began to feel too cheesy and I was afraid it might be mary sueish.
Haven't done much with the idea, went as far picturing them as chivalric knightly angles that focus on aiding losing Imperial forces and have a focus on aerial warfare and combat.
>>49762539
That's a pretty cool idea anon, love it.
>>49762721
>Yeah, these guys had actual lepers in their ranks, making them the only historical case of "Undead Paladins."
Dude, that would make for a great chapter as well.
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (21KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
21KB, 400x500px
The Plumed Serpents, my mesoamerican white scars successors. Really codex non-adherent, they've merged the chaplains into the stormseers and maintain 8 semi-autonomous companies of 125 marines with a stupidly high number of scouts attached. Quickly heading towards going full Tyrant of Badab, they've stocked the local aristocracies with their serfs and are waiting for an opportunity to split the companies into new chapters in an unauthorized founding.
>>
File: g.jpg (54KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
54KB, 400x500px
The Desolation Guard, White Scar successors that excel at drop-pod assaults and have a strong hate of Chaos and Mutants. Their recruiting world is a radioactive dust bowl filled with raiders, survivors and mutants. To join the chapter they must kill a mutant leader and present its head to a Brother-Captain, who will take him and others to destroy a "hive" of mutants. Survivors are inducted into the Chapter.
>>
Take the knot
>>
File: the hanged.png (226KB, 1536x1058px) Image search: [Google]
the hanged.png
226KB, 1536x1058px
>>49764787
>>
File: sm.jpg (19KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
sm.jpg
19KB, 400x500px
The Iron Crusaders:

Imperial fists descendant based in the western Ultima Segmentun. In battle they make heavy use of devastator squads and often employ the artillery support of the local imperial guard. Have over time obsessed over their progenitors to tge point of fetishism, and thys they wear pain gloves into battle, which have their settings lowered if they perform an act of valour. They are stern and quiet, and carry out their duty in grim determination.
>>
>>49763960
... This is almost identical to my Void Sentinels, down to the equipment, except for the parent chapter. Neat.
>>
File: spacemarine2.jpg (45KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine2.jpg
45KB, 400x500px
>>49760978

Void Knights

(or Knights of the Inmaterium, Im unsure)
>>
File: 1475244102719.png (891KB, 1200x927px) Image search: [Google]
1475244102719.png
891KB, 1200x927px
>>49767114
I did not steal the idea intentionally.
>>
File: chaos test.jpg (59KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
chaos test.jpg
59KB, 400x500px
Corrupt version available as well
>>
>>49767114

That fag also has some ideas from my Void Knights.

But in all honesty I think its quite common to make a custom chapter be part of the segmentum ultima and make them fleet based, as its uncommon with official GW chapters
>>
>>49760978

That color scheme is shit-tier

>>49761942

Looks good but yellow trim is fucky.

Maybe a helmet stripe is better suited to indicate company
>>
File: spacemarine2.jpg (41KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine2.jpg
41KB, 400x500px
>>49760978
Still working on a name for my chapter. Salamanders successors that focus on rapid deployment and aiding civilians with rebuilding after the battle. They'll burn down your house to save you, but you'll get a better one in return.
>>
>>49767864

Not suitable for Space Marines

Why dont you do Sisters of Battle instead?
>>
>>49768265
Because they're not out in plastic yet.
>>
>>49767780
May I ask how my color scheme is shit-tier
>>
>>49768811
Not that anon, but the colors are too conflicting, nothing stands out and it all just blends together.
If you want to keep the brown, I would have a much lighter blue, or even a silver.
>>
>>49762689
If you visit the thread again, anon.
https://bitbucket.org/chaptergenerator/chaptergenerator/downloads
>>
>>49767780
In terms of >>49761942 the yellow is meant to be gold. It's hard to represent metallics in that painter.
>>
File: Line Breaker Line Up.png (197KB, 580x586px) Image search: [Google]
Line Breaker Line Up.png
197KB, 580x586px
Not too sure on the name, but the gist is this.

Homeworld is a used to be a booming imperial world, until general fuckery reduced it to a arid desert planet, dotted with bombed out/sand-blasted cities where most people dwell.

Slowly, ever so slowly they are trying to unfuck their planet, but its not looking too good.

The one upside is that an ancient STC lets the churn out an above average number of plasma and melta weapons.

Melee focus, with the vast majority of them preferring to use a sword and pistol, with most picking plasma or inferno pistols.

The gold panels on their back serve a purpose, acting as walking vox beacons for drop pods.

Chapter Master wears white rather than their rusty-browns and blacks, wielding a pair of antique storm bolters and a heavily modified jump pack, boasting ludicrous speed and maneuverability.

Mostly Codex compliant, barring an odd change: the Vetran Company is company number nine, rather than number one.
>>
>>49769590
Just realised that I made the Assault far darker...
>>
>>49760978
Oh hey one of these threads. My chapter is the Void Falcons. Pic related is the 4th company captain/named successor to the chapter master

>chapter info
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15h6TfPbdsexxSm8zicnZJbxonbZrfB0h8ZqjpU48zD8/edit?usp=sharing

>Shitty beginning of a story I wrote
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oHdC7tb2V47DTQr40dYgwZdGUhxeK99tWN6fpjmqWDo/edit?usp=sharing

Feedback, or even just taking a look is appreciated
>>
>>49767514
Void Knights has a snappier feel to it
>>
>>49770269
Good heavens man, how'd you come up with all this?
>>
>>49762721
That's fucking beautiful. Imperator Vult, frater.
>>
>>49764701
Excellent colour scheme.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 573x468px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 573x468px
>all these Void Marines

that's it, I'm renaming them to Sentinels of Jula
>>
File: angel of vindication.jpg (145KB, 775x1391px) Image search: [Google]
angel of vindication.jpg
145KB, 775x1391px
Angels of Vindication, Anges de Vindication in their homeworld's own high-speak (with a lot longer proper name). Second Founding Dark Angel successors, hellbent on combating daemons, heretics, and traitors alike in a bid to to save souls.

They were traveling near the Eye of Terror to the galactic north when the Horus Heresy broke out, triggering the outbreak of warp storms. They were caught while sailing through the warp by a daemonic horde that killed much of their number, forcing them to touch down on a nearby feudal world to replenish their numbers. Once the procedures were completed they were assailed by daemons again, only now touching down on the feudal world. Unable to leave due to the surrounding warp storms, they were forced into a war of attrition against daemonic hordes for what was the entire Horus Heresy. Only did the hellish invasion abate when the Emperor was struck down and enthroned- the holy light from the astronomicon rushed out and burned away all warp taint and the surrounding warp storms. This gave the later formed Chapter a far more spiritual outlook, and resulted in them sharing the same religious zeal as the Templars.

(if anybody notices this is different from before, I changed it due to not feeling satisfied with Orks, they're just too, flat really.)
>>
>>49770395
Took a while. I won't lie
>>
>>49769590
Nice theme, may I ask what program to make them you used?
>>
>>49772164
Same as most here, Chapter Generator. I think someone linked it above.
>>
I have a vague idea for a traitor chapter. The basic idea is that they're a Black Templar crusade that got started by a vision of what the head crusader thought was the Emperor. They realized too late that it was Khorne, telling them to slaughter Slannesh worshipers and Xenos. Consumed by a thirst for battle as all Black Templars are, they kept heeding his calls to war. Eventually, they stopped worshiping the emperor at all. They still retain their honor though, and refuse to pillage or do battle with those who won't fight back. Thus were the Blood Knights (yeah yeah, real original, I know) born.
>>
>>49772304
How the fuck does this program work? Am I just retarded? The wargear list uses a slider in the hundreds, and each pixel is a wargear set. Wtf this thing is like Dorf Fortress.
>>
>>49772575
What version you using? Mine looks far simpler
>>
File: Blood Knight.png (26KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Knight.png
26KB, 201x281px
>>49772335
Its not my best work, but this is what came to mind when you mentioned it
>>
>>49772575
Ahh, just checked the newer version. In the old ones, the finer points of all your war gear was randomly generated, now you can pick it all out by hand by the looks of it.

Try downloading .125 if you want a simpler version... Just be sure to make sure you toggle it to english, unlike me, who had to guess what each button did for about six months.
>>
>>49772751
Link?
>>
File: Bitch You Guessed It.jpg (517KB, 1788x1348px) Image search: [Google]
Bitch You Guessed It.jpg
517KB, 1788x1348px
>>49772164
Also in case you were wondering what I used as inspiration.
>>
>>49772801
https://bitbucket.org/chaptergenerator/chaptergenerator/downloads

Sixth one down, the one that says "ChapterGenerator-0.2.0.125.zip"
>>
>>49772841
Yeah I must just be retarded, this shit makes no sense to me.
>>
I do not have a picture yet, but I do have an idea. So these marines are set in a low gravity world and they have special armor which can withstand the vacuum of space and jetpacks and they board ships and capture/ destroy them from the inside. They like their fury fighters. So tl;dr they put the space back in space marine. Because they are in a vacuum, they use modified lasguns and plasma weapons for themselves, and bolters are used rarely.
>>
File: None_Purer.jpg (190KB, 582x909px) Image search: [Google]
None_Purer.jpg
190KB, 582x909px
> Darkhounds
> Dark Angels founding, 32nd Millennium
> Pure gene seed
> Based out of fortress-monastery on desert Hive World
> Under-strength by 100 Marines, which they try to make up for with large numbers of chapter serfs, initiates and Scouts

> Fanatically devoted to the God-Emperor and the Imperial doctrine, to the point where the only allies they accept as equal in faith are the chambers militant of the Inquisition
> Outright refuse to work with abhumans, mutants or xenos, and even fellow Space Marines if their gene seed is considered "imperfect" relative to their Founding Legion
> Believe that once the last of the Chaos Space Marines is dead, then the Emperor's wounds will heal and he will return to lead humanity once more, and so they hunt Chaos Space Marines, cultists and Daemons to the exclusion of almost all other enemies
> Spiritual impurity and failures on the battlefield deepen the Emperor's suffering, leading to obsessive-compulsive training and rituals designed to bring the Darkhounds closer to perfection
> Use stealth tactics and ranged combat to the exclusion of all else, not because it's more efficient, but because they believe that being touched by the spiritually unclean taints the victim and shows imperfections
> Marines who take wounds in melee often sever their own limbs and replace them with augmetics, so as to avoid bearing the shame of a scar
> Insist on wearing uniform gear, most of which is obsessively maintained from the Horus Heresy

> Official battlecry: "WE ARE VENGEANCE!"
> Unofficial battlecry: "STOP TOUCHING ME!"
>>
Ba>>49772972
Battle cry: From the shadows we strike!

They are crafty and willing to work and use xenos and their technology for their own advantage. They have a hatred for the dark eldar due to their chapter master being kept as a slave for 1 year.
>>
File: 1456737185890.png (84KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1456737185890.png
84KB, 250x250px
>>49764787
>>49764838
Every time
>>
They fight in the vacuum of space and board ships from there. THey have special jumppacks with oxidizer propellent. Their armor is a dark black, with a red glow from their visors. Soem of them may have a blue/red/yellow/white/brown dot on their pauldron to symbolize the types of stars that exist. They dont have gold skulls or anything like that, becuase they would stick out like a thumb. They're armor has a special layer to protect from solar flares
>>
>>49762539
What program did you use to make that armor?
>>
File: Boy Blue.png (35KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Boy Blue.png
35KB, 201x281px
>>49773196
Guessing the same as most of us, Chapter Generator.
>>
>>49773234
Doesn't look like it, isn't there like a Russian updated version with more stuff?
>>
>>49773296
Nevermind, this Is probably the one
>>
File: Take a gander.png (34KB, 544x343px) Image search: [Google]
Take a gander.png
34KB, 544x343px
>>49773296
Yes, its in Russian, unless you click the handy dandy button right here
>>
>>49773234
I'm sticking with B&C painter, Chapter Generator seems beyond me. I'll get a drawfag bro to make a fancy model for me when time comes.
>>
>>49773360
Just checking, because this is a common mistake, you are pressing the "Chapter Generator" one, not the "Chapter Constructor" one, right?
>>
>>49773358
I was thinking he wasn't talking about the Russian one, this is the one I was looking for
>>
File: Screenshot (2).png (96KB, 859x698px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (2).png
96KB, 859x698px
>>49773393
How do?? You can't demo wargear or anything, you just select stuff and click "generate". And there are still those weird sliders.
>>
File: image.png (130KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
130KB, 200x300px
How cybernetic can a space marine chapter go before being called heretics
>>
File: Blessed Reverends.png (35KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Blessed Reverends.png
35KB, 201x281px
Closest thing I have is this Chaos Warband dedicated to Khorne.

>Few actual marines, each more or less a champion
>Train mortal warriors to spread war and worship Khorne
>Emphasize self control and dominance in fights
>Will ignore unarmed mortals, at worst take their children to train them for war
>Go for targets of opportunity due to limited numbers while trying to take on the hardest fight possible
>Engage in theological discussions about Khorne and his aspects when possible, or just plain proselytize

>>49773594
You gotta start the ChapterConstructor instead of ChapterGenerator and there's a tab near the portrait you can click on iirc
>>
>>49773626
>You gotta start the ChapterConstructor instead of ChapterGenerator and there's a tab near the portrait you can click on iirc
Nevermind I misread, apologies. But yeah you just gotta generate until you get something pleasing afaik
>>
File: 1404841772043.jpg (112KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
1404841772043.jpg
112KB, 400x500px
>>49760978
donut steal
>>
>>49773930
Back to /mlp/
>>
Ok here's a rogue chapter idea. I have yet to find a colour scheme I like.

The Carrion Lords
>Warcry
Eat the flesh, drink the marrow, swallow the soul!
>background
Formerly known as the Knights Corvidae, a fault in the chapters geneseed (whether a genuin mutation or chaos fuckery) caused the marines Omophagea to become much more potent. This caused any marines who ate the flesh of their foes to not only gain their knowledge, but put the marine in a trance like state where they experience their darkest desires and pleasures.

The flesh eating practice spread through the chapter like wildfire, until they succummed to madness and disappeared into the warp. When they returned they were the Carrion Lords, killing and feasting on the dead for their own carnal pleasures.

Still need to make a colour scheme. Building the army right now.
>>
>>49773598
Depends how in bed they are with the Admech.
>>
File: ed2.jpg (26KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ed2.jpg
26KB, 1280x720px
>>49774271
>Hey! I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul!
>>
I have an idea for a chapter called Cunt Faggots to symbolize contradicting nature of their chapter you see on one hand they want to keep Imperium safe so the xenos won't demolish their favourite gay bars but on the other they also want to fuck alien sluts.
>>
I always see a lot of chapters that are basically "I wanted to have a Chaos-y gimmick without being a daemon-worshiper". Violent loyalist chapters, perfectionist/hedonist loyalist chapters, crafty loyalist chapters. But what would the loyalist equivalent of a Nurgle chapter be like? Like pre-HH Death Guard but friendlier?
>>
>>49774880
Lamenters with HIV
>>
>>49774880
make a chapter specialized in biological warfare and dieseases.
>>
>>49772972
>>
>>49774880

doom eagles
>>
>>49767864
>magpies
>>
File: unnamed.gif (3MB, 364x403px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
3MB, 364x403px
>>49772979
>STOP TOUCHING ME
>>
>>49773165
>dark black
ow the edge
>>
1337 N0 Sc0p3rz

specialize in marksmanship
>>
File: Spite Marine Chapter Master.jpg (63KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Spite Marine Chapter Master.jpg
63KB, 400x500px
>>49760978
Spite Marines

Bit of a pet project between me and a friend to make a chapter that existed solely to piss off other space marines, and mostly just give xenos and heretics a really fucking hard time.

We both kinda lost the comedy of it after a while and made something we both thought of as more legit.
>>
>>49775857
Looks like shit kill yourself.
>>
>>49775940
And there you have the point of it.
>>
>>49775857
By the Emperor, are you blind man?! That's a fucking pony get that shit out of here
>>
>>49776177
Wait what?
>>
>>49776829
It's the color scheme of that gay-ass pussy-whipped dragon in MLP.
>>
>>49776844
Honestly had no idea, i just did it cause fuckin no one likes the colour scheme.
>>
File: The Black Omegas Color Scheme.jpg (72KB, 314x437px) Image search: [Google]
The Black Omegas Color Scheme.jpg
72KB, 314x437px
The Black Omegas. Tank heavy, lascannons, bolter weapons. No background yet.
>>
>>49777178
Misread this as the Black Omertas, that would be a cool chapter.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.