[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 436
Thread images: 88

File: campbell-white-two-face-render.jpg (810KB, 1920x1207px) Image search: [Google]
campbell-white-two-face-render.jpg
810KB, 1920x1207px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Monster Mayhem edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Old Thread: >>49740720
>>
File: Pyro.jpg (164KB, 1024x517px) Image search: [Google]
Pyro.jpg
164KB, 1024x517px
So talking it over with the team, the KOP 4 playtest will probably start later today. Really, this KOP has a lot more 'weird' stuff in it than the old ones, but we've gone over most of the ideas we really want to hit, so this book just has a bit more off the wall stuff.
>>
>>49749247
that dick though
>>
File: Vaulter.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Vaulter.pdf
1B, 486x500px
And done-ish. Aside from tweaking numbers to be appropriate for levels, and adding more options, particularly Exotic Maneuvers, the Vaulter now reaches level 20.
I think I will package him with a few other classes that use the Maneuvers (like a Kamen Rider ripoff, and new kind of "Summoner").
>>
For an Arcane Archer build what is the best class to use for the spellcaster prerequisite?
>>
>>49749342
Wizard, probably. Best selection of spells, and the whole 'You only gain spells, no class features' doesn't really hurt the wizard due to the wizard not really having class features.
>>
File: 1470690945601.jpg (40KB, 550x777px) Image search: [Google]
1470690945601.jpg
40KB, 550x777px
Sup, /pfg/
Can I get some more feedback and input on my homebrew class, the Empyrius?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit
>>
>>49749508
Now's prolly not the best time to ask since a ton of people are asleep.

I was gonna ask the thread for more feedback on Holy Flame Paladins, but it's like, 2am in america. So I'll wait until people wake up some.
>>
We're about to start a campaign, and I want to put on some scenic music in the background. Anybody have tips for Spotify playlists that could fit the bill?
>>
>>49749532
Drop a link, I'd read it.
>>
File: IMG_0244.jpg (44KB, 601x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0244.jpg
44KB, 601x591px
Whats a cool campaign set in Golarion I could do that's focused on elementals without devolving into typical

>elemental worshippers try to summon elemental
>elemental plane invades

I really like elementals and elemental lore but I am having difficulty writing a compelling story that doesn't devolve into what I described above
>>
File: 1465475744105.gif (2MB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
1465475744105.gif
2MB, 258x258px
>>49749543
Hurrah!

Lemme just put on a bird picture. There we go.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WutbabjDwKjG6BhPIybYCKTARa5y_JTDQ7maJU5mmEQ/edit?usp=sharing

The Holy Flame is a Spherecasting Paladin archetype who trades out their Lay On Hands for at-will holy energy blasts.
>>
>>49749545
Maybe something like...

Elementals are being sighted just out in the wild and shit, and people don't know why. Turns out they're fleeing their home plane so they don't get forced into an army meant to take over the Material plane.

If I recall, all the current leaders of the elemental planes are assholes, and the good ones are locked away or missing.
>>
>>49749545
Elementals trying to ascend to godhood, trying to acquire worshippers, and they've hired YOU to help out.

Go across Golarion, setting up cults! Fighting corrupt religious figures! Teaching people the way of the elements! Trying to mediate between fire elementals wanting to burn everything and earth elementals making too many god damn trees.
>>
File: Arguments.gif (351KB, 684x618px) Image search: [Google]
Arguments.gif
351KB, 684x618px
>>49749626
>Arguing Elementals

Now I'm just reminded of this.
>>
>>49749593
I dropped some comments on your homebrew, Parrot.

I gotta say, this is not one of your best works...
>>
File: IMG_0233.gif (1021KB, 340x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0233.gif
1021KB, 340x218px
>tfw Pathfinder doesn't have as well developed multiverse like D&D did with Planescape

Really depressing for someone whose favourite setting in D&D was the multiverse and the planes.
>>
>>49749696
Gonna be honest, I did write it at like, 10pm in the space of like, an hour if that.
>>
>>49749508
Critical thoughts-
The 12th level the Heal check needs clarification. Does the Empyreus gauge all of them with a single heal check? Must these be taken individually? If so does each of them cost an action? Perhaps forgo the Heal check altogether and call it a supernatural ability.
I assume in the Siphon ability "(30 feet + 5 feet / level)" means 5 feet/level after 10? That could just be me making assumptions.
The Siphon Essence ability turns a finite resource into a far less finite resource. This could be the intended way to use the class, but in that case I don't see why it's a tax rather than a given ability. It also turn the Empyricist into an infinite battery for the rest of his team, which I do not like. Some of the siphons, like Siphon Protection, should probably come with a disclaimer that their effects don't stack with themselves even with multiple casts (else the Empyricist can easily become a DR god in a world drained of protection).

Other thoughts-"Neat", I'll go read the archetypes.
>>
>>49749734
Thanks, I'll work on those suggestions.

Here's a commentable link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xQMlB45-UFEWCB2ffqoBUMhR-t4afSXLk29fgTJNVyw/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>49749545
In Golarion's planar multiverse, all the elemental lords are Evil, but each used to have a Good counterpart. Details are sketchy, but scholars are pretty sure that the Evil lords trapped the Good ones in some artifacts. Free the Good lords and restore balance.
>>
It sucks that monk's flying kick speed doest stack with anything
>>
File: 1459495682710.png (755KB, 767x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459495682710.png
755KB, 767x720px
>Do a lot of text rp with some friends
>Want to slap some mechanics on it to make it a more unpredictable experience
>Ask all my contacts
>Some of them don't like eachother, have to mix & match candidates
>Only 2 are interested out of about a dozen, one of which is busy with grad school
>Can't really run a game with 1 other guy

Feels batman.
>>
no but seriously why isn't DHB in the pastebin? It seems kind of weird he is excluded from it.
>>
>>49750075
>It sucks that monk's flying kick speed doest stack with anything

If you can attain flight or teleportation, you can do a flying kick 200 feet up in the air for massive damage.

Established Rule: Creatures that fall take 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet fallen, to a maximum of 20d6. Just as characters take damage when they fall more than 10 feet, so too do they take damage when they are hit by falling objects. If an object falls more than 150 feet, it deals double the listed damage. Note that a falling object takes the same amount of damage as it deals.

Theory: If a medium sized creature charges at an enemy while 150ft up in the air, he deals:
1d8[x2] (lance damage) + 20d6[x2] (falling damage momentum) + 3d6[x2] (falling medium sized object) + Other Modifiers such as STR

The creature takes only 46 points of fall damage thanks to Boots of the Cat. The enemy takes an average 180-200 damage.

Adjustments:
If he is wearing Rhino Hide armor, he adds an extra 2d6 damage on a successful charge
If he uses any size boosting spells, the falling object damage is adjusted to 4d6 instead if he were large.
If he is treated as though he were mounted (Ex: via being a centaur or any quadruped), he deals x2 damage with the lance instead. (x3 with Spirited Charge, x4 if using Diving Charge, a 3rd party feat from Necromancers of the Northwest.)
>>
>>49750143
It's only 3d6 for a medium sized creature. This 3d6 is halved after falling less than 30 feet, doubled when falling greater than 150 feet.
Also, most teleportation effects are Conjuration school magics, which explicitly do not allow you to send creatures to mid air.
>>
>>49750143
>armor
>flurry of blows and flying kick
Choose one
>>
>>49750143
>Before the attack, the monk can move a distance equal to his fast movement bonus.

>Equal to his fast movement bonus
>>
>>49750234
Sorry if I'm unclear it's 3 am and I should step away from the monitor, but what I'm trying to say is that you're reversing the meaning of
> Note that a falling object takes the same amount of damage as it deals.
To imply that an object deals the same amount of damage it takes + the damage it's actually supposed to deal. For a class that deals 1d6 per 10 feet it has fallen up to 20d6, see >>49749317
>>
>>49750143
This is bogus and you know it.
>>
>>49749697
Knowing Paizo, it wouldn't be good.
>>
>fleeting charge
>fleet warrior
Damn you Paizo
>>
What are some choice feats for a cleric? So far I just have Improved Initiative so I can Bless sooner.

Lawful Good, Revelation and Heroism subdomains
>>
>>49750402

Selective Channeling? Or any other channel energy focused feat. Are you buffing and casting? Focusing on front lining? Summoning?
>>
>>49750436
So far, just buffing, hitting dudes with a longsword, and patching fools up afterwards. Scored a clw wand last session, so that's pretty dope. I need to badger my friends into paying for more wands though.
>>
>>49750501

Extend spell will be your friend. Scribe Scroll or brew potion are along the same lines. Not much else for meta magic feats though.

You could try the Spring Attack feat chain though it is 3 feats deep. Not sure you want to invest in that.

Combat casting can help as you are in melee, so can the defensive combat feat. Guided Hand lets you add Wis to attack and Bludgeoner lets you take bad guys alive.
>>
So did 5e kill Pathfinder?
>>
Is there a repository for interesting/unique magical items, maybe even some /pfg/ original homebrews

Additionally, does anyone else feel RotR is a bit lacking in useful loot
>>
>>49749247

That isn't how bows work, the energy used to propel the arrow is stored in the bow, not the string.
>>
>TFW the moos for your setting are the best received piece
>>
Is there any way to get Int to hit/dmg with weapons? I know there is some shit involving Witch with hair, but I'd prefer it with a proper weapon.
>>
>>49751389

We've wanted to play a big tough race that wasn't overly evil for a while now, anon.

I want to play one so bad...
>>
>>49751399
Elven Battle Focus gives you int to damage with elven weapons
>>
Question for all of you with a greater knowledge of the Golarion setting than me, a relative newbie to pathfinder.

I'm going to be starting Skull & Shackles soon, and was contemplating an Inquisitor of Besmara, but I'm a little stumped on exactly how the Inquisitor class' whole "REMOVE HERETICS" thing would interact with a goddess of pirates and sea monsters who gives very few shits about anything beyond getting plunder and giving zero fucks. Just trying to get a better handle on how to roleplay this character.

Any suggestions?
>>
Is there anything useful you get from an intelligent weapon? I was looking at magus archetypes and saw Bladebound, but the Magus gets no benefit from it other than not having to pay for a weapon, but that still costs him arcana points.
>>
>>49751427
I got u bae i want big tough characters in my games too. Thats why I made the Minos HUGE. And ripped n swole and shit cause I find that fun.

>>49751432
PLUNDER HARDER FAGGOTS
>>
>>49751428
What are some ways to get the Elf type without being an elf or half elf from the get go?
>>
>>49751441

What do Minos look like, anyway? Are they Minotaur-esque moofolk or are they basically humans with horns, broad chests and adorably furry hooved feet?
>>
>>49751461
Honestly in my head they are humanoid upper bodies that are swole as shit and Minotaur like from the waist down, so legs/hooves.
>>
>>49751479

That's what happens when you naturally obey the golden rule of OATS N SQUATS.
>>
>>49750101
>Can't really run a game with 1 other guy
Why?
What is stopping you?
Ot hell just take one person who is available and go find more people.
>>
>>49751432
>I'm going to be starting Skull & Shackles soon, and was contemplating an Inquisitor of Besmara, but I'm a little stumped on exactly how the Inquisitor class' whole "REMOVE HERETICS" thing would interact with a goddess of pirates and sea monsters who gives very few shits about anything beyond getting plunder and giving zero fucks. Just trying to get a better handle on how to roleplay this character.
Cull those that stray from the path of strife chaos and plunder.
>>
>>49751432
>http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Besmara

Hunt people on the sea who are too proud, or to squeamish, to call themselves pirates.
>>
>>49751775
In the light of that post and monk robe GM from few threads ago, how do I make one PC being able to function about as good as a party of 4?
Obvious option: give him +4 levels as per CR table. Issues: still one set of actions, 2 levels higher spells trivialize encounters even harder.
Less obvious option: give him 4 (four) sets of actions per round ala dual initiative from mythic adventures, maximum and doubled HP per level, about 8 bonus skill points per level. I'm not sure if quadrupling other resources that are limit per day, such as spells, is a good idea.
>>
>>49751432
>but I'm a little stumped on exactly how the Inquisitor class' whole "REMOVE HERETICS" thing would interact with a goddess of pirates and sea monsters who gives very few shits about anything beyond getting plunder and giving zero fucks.
Murder Chelexian Navel Officers and other cops.
You are a servant of the Goddess of "Fuck da Police!", figure it out.

Either that, or hunt down would be monster hunters who want to eradicate the giant squids
>>
>>49752018
FUCK THE POLICE COMIN STRAIGHT FROM THE .. SEA
>>
>>49752014
In general, you don't. You acknowledge that a single PC isn't going to be as good at dealing with combat head-on as a party of 4 would be, and plan accordingly.
>>
>>49752027
>not "Straight from the Undertow"
step it up landlubber!
>>
>>49752014
Play an arcanist.
>>
>TFW i hate gnomes and want to remove them from my setting

Doing it
>>
File: Riki_with_weapon.png (266KB, 518x444px) Image search: [Google]
Riki_with_weapon.png
266KB, 518x444px
>>49752081
Replace them with Nopon
>>
>>49752027
>>49752055

You'll never sea them coming!

What do you call a pirate king from Brevoy? Coral the Conqueror!
>>
>>49751031
It's a magic bow string, they don't gotta explain poop.
>>
>>49752081
do it, because fuck Gnomes
>>
File: absolut-lini-blog.jpg (107KB, 396x556px) Image search: [Google]
absolut-lini-blog.jpg
107KB, 396x556px
>>49752081
Aw, but what's wrong with Lini?
>>
>>49752152

A single inoffensive character does not excuse the legions of "gnome voice" hyper ADD adventurers that came before.
>>
>>49752107
i am replacing them with ratfolk
>>
>>49752179
But the same could be said of every race.
>>
>>49752187
>>49752107

Why do you need to replace them at all.

What role in the setting needs to be filled by a small race of creative assholes?
>>
>>49752204
So all of the creative assholes can pick that character race and so you can un-invite them from your games?
>>
>>49752204
?

Why wouldn't the setting need a small race of creative assholes?
>>
>>49752196
No.

I've had three players who used gnomes.

Two of them probably had ADD. The other one had to abandon his home in real life, so I never met him long enough to tell.
>>
File: Gnomes_Tantrum-Gnome.jpg (80KB, 603x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Gnomes_Tantrum-Gnome.jpg
80KB, 603x1008px
>>49752233
That's how kender are born.
>>
>>49752252
An ADD adventurer is like... a bog standard adventurer.
>>
>>49752014
There are a few ways, Gestalt, seeing if he wants to run multiple pcs, or seeing if he wants an npc companion or some such, or also just plain tailor challenges to what he is playing, so if he is playing a fighter for instance don't drop a lot of spell casters will will based save or suck spells, play to his strengths, not to say don't make things challenging but don't put him up against impossible odds brought about by lack of class diversity.
>>
>>49752255
Nah but really I just think that ratfolk fit in better in a grittyish western setting
>>
>>49752014
A couple of the hybrid classes could probably do it. Warpreist or inquisitor come close.
>>
>>49752081
Yes.

Bump off Halflings while your at it.
>>
I heard talk of 4chan potentially getting shut down. I reckon someone will snap it up if it gets that bad but regardless - if the site does end up going, where do we migrate to? Has this been discussed yet? I'm a bit out of the loop.
>>
What's a good backstory for mage-type characters? I've never been able to come up with one that wasn't "I went to school, left and am seeking knowledge"
>>
>>49752718
I vote 7chan.
>>
>>49752719

You were with a cute girl/guy in the barn about to do it in the hay when all the excitement caused you to set the whole thing on fire.
>>
I'm making a level 5 character for a party of 3. I'd like to specialize in AoE damage. If it hits me or my allies doesn't matter. Any 3pp. What should I do? I thought about Alchemist but bombing seems underwhelming. SoP's Destruction sphere is okay if a bit thematically bland. Thoughts?
>>
>>49752713
Nah halflings are ok with me
>>
>>49752791
>5th level character
Fireball sorcerer.
>>
>>49752316
I feel like there's a joke about Chinese Immigrants during the mid 1800s there, but I just can't piece to together
>>
>>49752861
>5th level
>sorcerer casting fireball
Pick one.
>>
>>49752861
Eh?
>>
>>49752868
>>49752316

Wouldn't the Chinese get better represented by the Dwarves?

>Incomprehensible language
>Ancestor worship
>Fu Manchu
>Short
>Keeps to their own
>Funny hats
>Very industrious, hard workers
>They all look the same
>>
>>49752906
No dwarves are the irish
>>
File: 1434602875790.gif (182KB, 384x408px) Image search: [Google]
1434602875790.gif
182KB, 384x408px
>>49752766
B-but that's lewd! Can't I be a less lewd mage?
>>
>>49752918

>Irish are Dwarves

That's a funny way of saying, "Halfling," anon.
>>
>>49752906
>>49752918
Actually, I'd imagine them as the numerous German merchant families who immigrated into Texas and around there to take advantage of the forming of the nascent markets, and introduce the Texans to Kolaches and Brauts
>>
>>49752959
Honestly I'm integrating them into the setting as big time miners, some are even trying to make new dwarven kingdoms in the mountains
>>
File: 1453917777120.gif (508KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1453917777120.gif
508KB, 500x281px
>>49752934

No! You wanted a non-academic origin story for a mage, and you're getting one!
>>
>>49752970
>Honestly I'm integrating them into the setting as big time miners

Mining was mostly the business of Anglo whites, it's only out on the East Coast you'd get the Irish doing grunt work.
>>
>>49752890
Cast burning hands for one level.

>>49752892
Human sorcerer
Red/gold dragon bloodline, Blood Havoc mutation

Spell focus (evocation)
Spell tattoo (evocation)
Spell specialization (fireball)
Intensify spell
spontaneous metafocus(fireball
empower spell
>>
File: 0801280147351gold_in_t.jpg (205KB, 538x718px) Image search: [Google]
0801280147351gold_in_t.jpg
205KB, 538x718px
>>49752970
>Honestly I'm integrating them into the setting as big time miners,
>"Iz gold, Urist. GOOOOOOOOOOLD! Git yer pans bois!"
They even have the beards to be 49ers. Its perfect.

Or they can be West Va/Pennsylvanian Hillbillies.

Now I just wonder, if this is a Western themed setting, who are the Mormons, since they did settle a good ammount of it first, and were even the ones who founded Las Vegas
>>
>>49753023
May or may not exist

>>49752993
Dude i don't know it doesn't have to perfectly correlate to murrica
>>
>>49752892
>>49752999
Spell tattoo and spell specialization gives you +3cl on fireball, so at level 7 you are dropping 10d6+20 fireballs on bitches eight times a day.

Be warned: this is really hard for the DM to deal with without just insta-murdering you every fight.
>>
>>49752791
Gambler Kineticist

Kineticist Psion

Human Crossblooded Orc/Red Dragon Sorcerer with Blood Havoc.
>>
>>49753044
>crossblooded
pls no. Don't gimp your casting for a measily +1 damage/die.
>>
>>49752999
Wouldn't some form of ranged initiator outperform this? Maybe not at levels 1-8 but still. Isn't there a maneuver in SC that lets you attack everything within the first ranged increment of your weapon, for example?
Additionally, you only get so many fireballs per day, whereas the initiator can just keep trucking along.
>>
>>49752719

Depends on what kind of Mage you are. Innate casters can be anything that causes your adrenaline to spike leading to the discovery of your powers.

Learned casters are bit more focused as they are learned. I always like the hedge witch type. Learned as they went, self-taught or learned from someone who was self-taught, little more primal, rough around the edges but still effective.
>>
>>49753054
>wouldn't a initatior do it better?
The answer is yes. Always. So what?

Fireballs are fun. Plus sorcerers get an un-godly number of spells per day. You martial will run out of boots of speed charges long before you are low on 3rd level or higher spell slots.
>>
>>49753055
What would spurn a hedge witch to adventure?
>>
>>49752316
>grittyish western setting
Just remember to have an evil god of stagnation, fragmentation, and treachery who's symbolized by barbed wire and sheep
>>
>>49753054
>Wouldn't some form of ranged initiator outperform this?
Yes a martial will always out preform a blaster caster/someone not using weapons to fight.
>>
>>49753041
Fire Immunity/protection from energy, Readied action+step-up enemies, Spellbreaker enemies, spell resistance, enemies with evasion and high ref saves (particularly if they use shake it off teamwork feat), etc etc
>>
>>49753074
>Fireballs are fun
I actually find vancian casting very unappealing in how it functions.
>>
>>49753075

The village ran you out, the king dumped everything into your swamp, the people you were protecting died, you chickened out from trying to save them, you need special reagents to cast better spells, you want more than just the simple life, you owe a debt to the people around you or whatnot, you want more magic to better serve the area or yourself.
>>
Speaking of AOE...
How do range-OK maneuvers react to shotguns/blunderbusses in burst mode? Apply the maneuver to one target, then normally damage the rest?
>>
>>49753075
Some shit burned down your hedge.
Go hex him good!
>>
>>49752999
>Intensify spell

>Benefit: An intensified spell increases the maximum number of damage dice by 5 levels. You must actually have sufficient caster levels to surpass the maximum in order to benefit from this feat. No other variables of the spell are affected, and spells that inflict damage that is not modified by caster level are not affected by this feat.

Am I missing something, this doesnt seem that useful at all.
>>
Would a Sphere Sorcerer focusing on Destruction outperform a fireball sorcerer in terms of damage?
>>
>>49750123
Does no one have an answer for this? It seems like blatant singling out by who ever controls the pastebin. People (including me) have asked his shit be included before.
>>
>>49753153
depends on how and for what said SphereSorc optimizes. However, I'd say they're fairly even until higher levels, but the Sorc will probably have him beat for spell versatility if the SphereSorc did optimize hard for damage
>>
>>49753092
>hey guys you can kill a caster! Especially one who relies on one type of elemental damage!

You aren't wrong. At all. You just aren't useful. If you want AOE and you don't want (over)PoW(ered) then you get fireball. Bring a rod of elemental whatever with you if you need to.
>>
>>49753148
Fireball caps out at 10d6. intensify keeps it scaling until you hit level 12 and your fireball caster level is 15.
>>
>>49753168

What is DHB?
>>
>>49753222

That makes more sense. I thought it was something like that but wasnt sure based on the wording. Shame it only goes to +5.
>>
>>49753231
DepressedhomebrewWe, the guy who made unchained fighter/cavalier/swashbuckler/gunslinger and an initiating class called the scholar.
>>
>>49753252
Yea. But once you get to level 12+ lesser rods of quicken are a thing so you just drop two fireballs a turn instead of one.

Make sure to get magical lineage with fireball so that your heightened fireballs are still level 3 spells.
>>
>>49753044
Gambler isn't discussed very often. Is it any good? How does it fare against classic blaster casters?
>>
>>49753095
Then be a Psion(Kineticist)
Take Favored Energy Fire
Take Empower Power

Spam Energy missile.
>>
>>49753342
Borderline Broken really since it gets infinite power points.
>>
File: powerpoints2.png (78KB, 868x481px) Image search: [Google]
powerpoints2.png
78KB, 868x481px
>>49753347
Blaster psion is in real danger of running out of pp.
>>
File: 1374931724186.jpg (110KB, 748x720px) Image search: [Google]
1374931724186.jpg
110KB, 748x720px
>mfw I've lost my ability to write characters

Is this what they call burnout? Every time I sit down to try and work out a character I just lack any sort of creative focus or drive to write down their backstory, and when I force myself to write the results are hardly anything I would call "quality," especially to what I've done before.

How do I get out of this pickle? How do I recharge my imagination?
>>
>>49753370
Not really assuming you stick to your concept and don't try to be god at the same time.
>>
>>49749697
Paizo released their own manual of the planes called "Guide to the Multiverse" or something. It's a rip-off of planescape.

The problem is that it feels like a random assortment of knick knacks because no attempt is made to fit anything together. There are three heavens and three hells. Demons and devils and whatever are interchangeable. Law and chaos are boring don't stand out from good and evil.

This is also true of planescape.
>>
>>49753109
>>49753126
Those are pretty good, I'll try my best!
>>
>>49753295
What other homebrewers in /pfg/ does this much. Obviously someone just doesn't like him.
>>
File: 1451885020623.jpg (266KB, 723x934px) Image search: [Google]
1451885020623.jpg
266KB, 723x934px
>>49753386

Drink heavily, and roll up a really, really dumb character that you think sounds fun to play. Fill their backstory with cliches, give them some highly unlikely class/race/alignment mix, and figure out how such an abomination could function in society.

It might not fix your problem, but it'll make whoever you write up afterwards look a lot better in comparison.
>>
>>49753432
I've done a lot of homebrew and posted here, but I don't think its that important and I'm fine with my work not being in the pastebin.

>>49753386
Listen to lots of Ronnie James Dio music, then you'll figure it out.
>>
>>49753386
Pickup some historical novels, fantasy stuff, maybe some manga or anime you've otherwise kept in the backlog. Might give you new ideas.
>>
>>49753386
Shotgun old episodes of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, The 10th Kingdom, and Have Gun Will Travel.
>>
>>49753419
Ditch good and evil. I prefer a simpler cosmology based on law/chaos with each side believing itself the good guys. It makes things much easier to build around.

Law is represented by the axiomites, Chaos by the demons. The axiomites created the devils to compete with demons, and created angels as a check and balance on both. "Good" and "evil" are ultimately manifestations of chaos. Chaos and law are inimical to life, so the aeons ensure harmony.
>>
Y'know this blaster conversation got me thinking--
What's the most potent "AoE" initiator you can make? My money's on Silver Crane Spiral longbow guy. Gotta figure out some swift-action way to get it back and then spam it every turn with a pimped-out bow.
What do you guys think?
>>
File: rage of bahamut jeanne d'arc.png (187KB, 560x572px) Image search: [Google]
rage of bahamut jeanne d'arc.png
187KB, 560x572px
What would be the best way to stat jeanne d'arc from rage of bahamut with no 3pp?
>>
>>49753675
Never seen Rage of Bahamut, but what I do know its supposedly an adaptation of a mobile game that steels names and things from everything.
Since I don't know what this iteration of Jeanne can do, I'll take a safe bet and say some kind of Cavalier.
>>
So I want to roll something that has high saves and high AC for a level 14 character. I was thinking of doing an Oradin with some Holy Vindicator, but if there's a better route, tell me. It's a 20-point buy and no 3pp.
>>
>>49753675
She has a really long neck.
>>
>>49753612
Get as large as you can, get threat range as long as you can, use aoe maneuvers almost all disciplines have at level 5+.
>>
>>49753706
That or paladin, the problem is that her spear can make beam spam attack that are really power full
>>
>>49753711
Now that you mention it...
>>
>>49753750
+5 Sharding Longspear
>>
>>49753709
If you want really high saves/AC then a paladin/destined bloodrager is your best bet. At most you need one level of oracle for a for charisma to ac.

So, Paladin 2/Oracle 1/Destined Bloodrager 11
>>
File: tg brews up a game.jpg (498KB, 1200x1350px) Image search: [Google]
tg brews up a game.jpg
498KB, 1200x1350px
>>49753386
>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/characterBackground/backgroundGenerator.html

Roll Everything.
>>
>>49753814

>that image
>pretty girl, bookish girl, sporty girl, outdoors girl, dirty girl,
>PALADIN GIRL
>>
>>49753873

Mohawk dude knows what's up.
>>
>>49753709
Paladins are good for bonuses to saves already, and AC drops in usefulness at later levels if you drop Vindicator and instead take Lore for your Oracle Mystery, then Sidestep Secret can be good for you.

Plus, if you don't mind losing damage, Sacred Shield archetype replaces Smite with more defenses.
Or instead Divine Defender if you don't want to lose offensive power like an idiot
>>
File: 1422179795241.jpg (23KB, 337x372px) Image search: [Google]
1422179795241.jpg
23KB, 337x372px
>>49753814

No, no no no, I don't think you understand the scope of my problem. It's not just, "I have trouble coming up with characters," it's "I have trouble coming up with characters *and* writing them in a pleasant style." I can squeeze out a concept if I try hard enough, but penning that concept is even more difficult if I want to make anything more than a paragraph.

>>49753464
>>49753466
>>49753487

I'll try doing this for the next couple days, I'll disassociate myself with anything tabletop and just focus on reading or watching actual movies.

I think the problem I'm having is I haven't *done* any of those things for years - hell, when I watch TV it's just for Jeopardy or the occasional sitcom. I've let my imagination dull with disuse. I'll have to give Game of Thrones a read-over, watch some foreign films, stuff to just let the digital haze lift.

>tfw I've wanted to make a Jorah Mormont for years but never found a campaign it would fit in. Hell, I'm not even talking about the "hyper-beta obsessed with a girl" angle of the character, more the "impoverished knight-in-exile after resorting to slavery to fund his wife's lavish lifestyle, only to see her leave him for another man the moment the money dries up."
>>
>>49753814
Hippy, Afro, Business, and Mohawk all have good taste
Normie is okay I guess
Slav has shit taste though
>>
>>49753920

>Hippy

I think that's a chick.
>>
>>49753893
I thought Sacred Shield was neat up until I realized it still only works against evil, but Divine Defender seems alright.
>>
File: [Loud Sweating].jpg (40KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
[Loud Sweating].jpg
40KB, 225x225px
>>49753938
>I think that's a chick.
boner achieved
>>
File: 1435870683460.jpg (38KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1435870683460.jpg
38KB, 1024x1024px
>>49753814
>>49753873
>>49753920

So if we combined those concepts we'd get... A country-girl turned holy warrior that spends her downtime as a shrine maiden?
>>
>>49753970

>tfw she stands up to your bullies
>tfw she doms you after school
>>
File: 1449085469030.gif (431KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449085469030.gif
431KB, 640x360px
>>49753970

>mfw she smells like grass, sweat and incense
>>
>>49753970

I'd form a shield wall with that.
>>
File: Loviatar (Ehtiona).png (916KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Loviatar (Ehtiona).png
916KB, 800x600px
>>49753970
If it's a shrine maiden of Loviatar, then yes.
>>
File: delicious.gif (858KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
delicious.gif
858KB, 500x280px
>>49753970
Don't forget top-right
>A short-haired and bespectacled country-girl turned holy warrior that spends her downtime as a nerdy shrine maiden
>>
>>49753814

Mohawk, Afro, and Track Jacket know what's up.

Emo Cousin It would be fine if she didn't look like a boy with tits.
>>
>>49753814
So I just did this and rolled everything. I even rolled for the things they told me not to (race, class, alignment, etc.)

>Birthplace
Hills or Mountains: You gain access to the Goldsniffer race trait and the Highlander regional trait.

>Parents
Both of your parents are alive.

>Siblings
1d4 (3) biological siblings. With two or more siblings, you gain access to the Kin Guardian combat trait.

>Circumstances of Birth
Bastard Born: Your parents had a tryst that resulted in your birth out of wedlock. You know one of your parents, but the other remains unknown or a distant presence at best. You gain access to the Bastard social trait and the Shamed story feat.

>Major Childhood Event
Inheritance: A great sum of wealth or property was bequeathed to you at an early age, providing you with extraordinary means. Daily costs of living have ceased to concern you, and you've learned that there is little that money cannot buy. You gain access to the Rich Parents social trait.

>Class
Witch

>Witch Background
Inborn Power: Many fey creatures are born with the innate ability to cast spells, and either because of having fey blood in your lineage or being born near fey lands you too were gifted this talent. You gain access to the Magical Lineage magic trait.
>>
File: 1446854088219.jpg (102KB, 791x786px) Image search: [Google]
1446854088219.jpg
102KB, 791x786px
>>49754012

Anon, please! She's a respectable, bookish young woman with a provincial accent and high aspirations for justice and piety, the lash comes out when she's with a lover that needs some "purification."
>>
>>49753938
So the chick's imaging what appears to be herself, but with shorter hair?
>>
>>49754063
>So I just did this and rolled everything. I even rolled for the things they told me not to (race, class, alignment, etc.)

Use this for another possible background, it even includes romantic inclinations; http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/pfbggen
>>
>>49754063
>Race
Dwarf (forgot to include this in first post)

>Influential Associate
The Academic: One of your associates had such a lust for knowledge that she could never be satisfied with simple answers or obvious solutions. This desire for knowledge frequently exceeded her need for companionship, but you were the single exception. Through this association you developed a keen appreciation for numbers, geometry, logic, hard study, and problem solving. You gain access to the Mathematical Prodigy magic trait.

>Conflict
Minor Failure: You failed a friend, family member, or loved one who depended on youto fulfill an important task.

>Conflict Subject
Artisan

>Conflict Motivation
Pleasure

>Resolution
You Enjoyed It (+3 CP): Those who cling to petty morals have no understanding of what true freedom and power is. The fact is, you enjoyed your part in the conflict and would do it all over again if the opportunity presented itself. Many people know of your misdeed, and they also realize your complete lack of remorse.

>CP

>Alignment
LE

>Worshipped God
Cayden Cailean: Fortified Drinker (I assume because I’m a hedonist)

>Relationships
Several Inconsequential Relationships: You have had many lovers but no long-lasting, meaningful relationships.

>Relation with current adventurers
Met on a pilgrimage, caravan, or journey

>Drawback
Attachment (Object): You are attached to a precious possession with immense sentimental value and significance. Without it, you are no longer yourself and are prone to suffer from depression, moodiness, or aggressive behavior. You gain access to the Attached drawback.

>Traits
Rich Parents
Strong Willed
Magical Lineage

>Drawback
Attached
>>
>>49753419
>There are three heavens and three hells.
That;s the point. There is no single place you can call "hell" or "heaven", there are various planes presenting various shades of evil and good, with outsiders embodying its values.
>>
>>49754073
So she's a Paladin of Ardarvia?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Ardarvia
though granted I still don't care for Trak-man's tastes

>>49754056
eh, I guess 2/3 ain't bad
>>
>>49754092
I wasn't done with the post I kept rolling.

>>49754112
I'm a freaky wealthy dwarf hedonist bastard who was probably fathered by fey NTR. It's a surprisingly coherent backstory.
>>
File: The Priests - Maiden of Pain.jpg (48KB, 311x500px) Image search: [Google]
The Priests - Maiden of Pain.jpg
48KB, 311x500px
>>49754063
It sounds like the main character from Stardust.

>>49754073
>>49754023
>>49753991
Read "Maiden of Pain." It's from the Priests series in the Forgotten Realms. We described the main character.
>>
>>49753814
>>49754063
>>49754112

Rolled up a Human Cavalier (meant to be a generic knight) and here's what I got;

>Born in a city
>Only mother is alive
>Human brother (older than me)
>Lower-class birth, family of peasants
>Somehow became the squire of a progressive female knight who taught me everything there is to know
>My greatest friend growing up was a Clown, a fool who told japes in motley and challenged tradition with a jest and a smile
>My greatest sin was corrupting an innocent by suggesting they make a decision that would turn them towards a path of ruin and evil
>The person whose life I ruined was my lover
>The motivation of this suggestion was religion
>I currently have a lover, this is either a new lover or the one whose life I altered
>My greatest drawback is love, I simply can't function knowing they're in danger, and will do anything to shield them from harm.

This is by far the most coherent character I've ever rolled up, holy shit.
>>
File: EVEN SPEEDWAGON.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
EVEN SPEEDWAGON.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
>>49753814
>>49753873
>>49753970
>>49754023
Gentlemen, once this thread hits autosage, I'mma head over to the Drawthread to beg to make the dream real.

Wish me luck.

of course, if any Drawfriends are here already, don't be afraid to get started already.
>>
How much better is pathfinder if you make it so alchemist and investigator are the only classes? I feel like it would be tons.
>>
>>49754243

T3 classes are usually the sweet spot you want to aim for.
>>
>>49754203
>Gnome Homeland
Non-Gnome Town or Village
You gain access to the Animal Friend race trait.

>Gnome Parents
Both of your parents are alive.
Siblings
Male Gnome [older than you]
Male Gnome [older than you]
Female Gnome [older than you]
You have access to the Kin Guardian combat trait

>Circumstances of Birth
Heir to a Legacy
You are the heir to a family with an old name and a distinguished past. Your family might be wealthy or middle class, but your name itself is worth twice your fortunes. You gain access to the Influence social trait and the Rich Parents social trait.

>Parents Profession
Clergy or Cultists
You gain access to the Child of the Temple faith trait.

>Major Childhood Events
The War
You grew up against the backdrop of a major military conflict that affected much of your childhood world. You became accustomed to a short food supply, living in occupied territory, and moving from place to place. Several of the people you knew in your childhood were lost in the war, including members of your family. You gain access to the Vagabond Child regional trait and the Deny the Reaper story feat.

>Paladin
Warrior of Truth
Early in your life, you learned that the philosophies of law and good not only create the best society but also reveal truths that would otherwise remain obscured. You are rarely clouded by pure dogma; instead you're unafraid to question and create your own path toward truth, justice, and righteousness. You gain access to the Skeptic magic trait.
>>
>>49754264

>Influential Associates
The Relative
There is a relative you were especially close to. To you, this person was the meaning of family. He helped shepherd you into adulthood, teaching you everything you know about the world. You are bound to this person or his memory, and you strive to keep a promise, vow, or oath that you made to him. You gain access to the Oathbound faith trait.

>Conflict

>Destruction
You destroyed someone else's property.

>Conflict Subject
Soldier or warrior

>Conflict Motivation
Pressured or Manipulated

>Conflict Resolution
Regret and Penance

>Total CP

>Romantic Relationships
Current Lover
You are currently involved in a romantic relationship. You gain access to the True Love story feat.

>Drawbacks
Family
Your family means everything to you, and there is nothing you wouldn't do for them. Maybe your ties extend to your entire clan or bloodline, or perhaps there is one specific member of your family you hold closer than any other. You gain access to the Family Ties drawback.

>Relationship with Companions
Companion 1 - Follow (or followed) the same faith or cult
Companion 2 - Family or close as family—close friends, close/distant relatives, relatives by marriage/adoption
Companion 3 - Best friends
Companion 4 - Business associates, current or former
Companion 5 - Romantic competitors, current or former

Literally too cool. I rolled for race/class as well. This is an absolutely perfect (and coherent) backstory.

>Traits
Oathbound
Skeptic
Influence

>Drawback
Family Ties

Heavy fucking burden of family.
>>
>>49754259
the thing is that those two classes can specialize in ways that let them emulate more or less any other class, while the other tier 3's are only able to do one thing pretty well and suck at everything else
>>
>>49754286
>>49754264
LG Gnome Paladin with family issues

>>49754203
LN Human Cavalier who corrupted with Waifu

>>49754112
>>49754063
LE Dwarf Witch fey bastard fallen to hedonism

Form a party.
>>
Starting a new campaign as a half orc Skald. Is there a limit to how many instruments I can know? Is it how many different perform skills I take up, or is it common knowledge as a bard to be able to play a number of instruments?
>>
>>49754288

The bard says hello, then seduces your waifu.
>>
>>49753814
>>49754203
I'll join in with this.
>Human, born in a village with two younger sisters and a half-elf older brother
>Parents are both alive, are artisans and middle-class to be able to support 4 kids
>First romance was "troubled", either by death or by class differences
>Broke a promise to a relative because of an adventurer convincing you that justice needed to be done, now keeping the promise that was broken even more
>Couldn't find the words to explain your faith, so you instead decide to live it every day as an exemplar (Inquisitor background)
>Currently in a romantic relationship
>Traveling with employer, who could very well be the romantic partner
>Has a strong sense of Justice and is headstrong

Wow, this thing writes better backstories than Paizo themselves do.
>>
File: 131.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>49754203

>Fallen knight with a hot, evil waifu he's apparently still with or at least pines to be reunited with

This is oddly adorable.
>>
>>49751432

Play up the "pirates practiced brutal democracy" angle. Punish the captains that take more than their two shares. Enforce peace aboard. Adapt the code to Golarion. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_code
>>
File: 1444647004806.png (139KB, 308x765px) Image search: [Google]
1444647004806.png
139KB, 308x765px
>>49754203
>>49754362

Rolled up the lover;

>Elven Inquisitor
>Raised in the forest by both parents
>Has five brothers and sisters (wow!)
>Middle-class birth, parents were merchants
>Major childhood event was a death in the family
>Major influence growing up was a criminal (were they the one who died?) That taught her everything there is to know about operating outside of the law
>Failing to help a commoner in their time of need because she was too busy seeking pleasure and comfort to heed their concerns
>Her greatest sin is hedonism; she pursues pleasure with singular zeal and would be left miserable without it

Guys help, this is getting lewd.
>>
>start game in PF
>be halfling bard
>driven/prodigy/magnum opus/skill focus (perform)
>1 (rank) + 3 (class skill) + 5 (charisma) + 2 (prodigy) + 4 (driven) + 3 (skill focus) + 2 (masterwork lute) = +20

>take 10 = 30

>GM gets angry when I say I should be famous to an extent
>literally a routine performance for me attracts extraplanar attention
>>
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/pfbggen
>get a CE insane alchemist who beat a child to death
Fucking edgy
>>
File: 1439490324462.png (134KB, 317x363px) Image search: [Google]
1439490324462.png
134KB, 317x363px
>>49754474
>>49754335
>>49754325
>>49754603

>LG Paladin Gnome with family issues ten times their size and boots they're desperate to fill
>LN Human Cavalier with a slutty Elven Inquisitor waifu he can't stop bumping into after convincing her a life of cocks isn't so bad
>LE Dwarven Witch whose growing up with a natural connection to the fae has left him capricious, pleasure-focused and utterly assholish
>CE Alchemist who, on a bender, threw a jar full of acid at some child's face when the little shit made fun of his awkward mannerisms

I want to play with this party.
>>
File: CT - Gato poster.jpg (47KB, 360x434px) Image search: [Google]
CT - Gato poster.jpg
47KB, 360x434px
>>49754478
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/perform

Are you from a prosperous city?
>>
>>49754685
I was from a metropolis, yes.
>>
>>49754675
Wait, where did my post come into play? I'm a human Inquisitor of JUSTICE, not an Elven one of slutting it up.
>>
File: various stages of want.jpg (82KB, 662x395px) Image search: [Google]
various stages of want.jpg
82KB, 662x395px
>>49754675
I'd watch watch the sitcom
>>
>>49754731

Fuck, I missed your post, I was going off of >>49754474 which statted out the Cavalier's "girlfriend."
>>
File: darmok and jalad.png (150KB, 640x558px) Image search: [Google]
darmok and jalad.png
150KB, 640x558px
>>49754704
If I were running your game, you would be famous.

However, I would use the extraplanar attention as plot hooks.

>Stalker Lillend
>Infernal Producer (Phistophilus)
>Fey groupies
>Drugs and kidnapping attempts
>Forced to be a mouthpiece for heavenly politics
>>
>>49754765
>Stalker Lillend
is she also a Lillend Stalker?
>>
File: image.png (674KB, 434x616px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
674KB, 434x616px
Running the Feast of Ravenmoor tonight, and I love the look of the adventure. What are some other good Pathfinder modules?
Even recommendations for cool sections of Adventures Paths would be great.
>>
>>49754734
I can't remember who the artist of this is, sauce?
>>
>tfw you can't muster motivation
>>
>>49754860
jollyjack
warning: its furry
>>
File: 1448726102088.png (66KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1448726102088.png
66KB, 1000x1000px
>>49754871

You and I both, brother.
>>
>>49754871
JUST
DO IT!
>>
>>49754886
Don't really know why I'm just sorta stuck at the moment on my writing ability

Its in my head but I can't get it out..
>>
>>49754149
On a scale of mormon story to NO BRAKES how fetishy is that story?
>>
>>49754911
>mormon story
what?
>>
>>49754895

Do what I plan to do, anon.

Turn off the computer and watch a movie, or read a book. Do something you want to do or think might be fun, just let the motivation come to you... And if it doesn't? Oh well, might have been you never wanted to play that particular concept anyway.
>>
File: Disgaea - Healer class.jpg (517KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
Disgaea - Healer class.jpg
517KB, 1000x700px
>>49754911
Not as much sex as an Elminster novel.

There were more torture scenes than sex scenes.
>>
https://www.opengamingstore.com/collections/newest-products/products/dreamscarred-press-mega-bundle

$25 for all of Dreamscarred content, pretty good deal homies.
>>
Well I decided to give gunslingers ghetto teleportation.

Teleportation Apparatus (Su):
The Gunslinger has managed to create a device to slip through the small tears in the prime to travel vast distances. He is able to create a central node and way points. The central node weighs 100lbs with hardness 8 and 30hp and is roughly the size of a cartwheel. A way point weighs roughly 10lbs (with hardness 6 and 15hp) of wire and mechanisms that can be expanded to encircle a small area as a full round action. When used the waypoint teleports the occupants of the circle but is itself left at whatever location it was used. The gunslinger may use a waypoint to teleport to the central node, or the central node to a waypoint, as if using teleport. He is always considered to be Very Familiar with any location the central node is in, and carefully studied any location a waypoint is in. A gunslinger may only have one active way point at any given time, creating a second one renders the first inactive. Any given waypoint may only be used once before becoming inactive. At 11th level and every 4 levels thereafter the number of active waypoints the gunslinger may have is increased by 1, to a maximum of 4 at 19th level. At 13th level and every four levels thereafter the number of times a given waypoint may be used before burning is increased by 1 to a maximum of 3 times at 17th level.
Prerequisites: Gunslinger 9
>>
>>49754958
its less play that concept more keep writing setting stuff
>>
>players fight everything that moves
>start putting enemies too strong for them to fight
>they pick fights anyway
>heartily chuckle as they realize they're going to get their shit kicked in
>>
File: 1374177070328.gif (215KB, 468x263px) Image search: [Google]
1374177070328.gif
215KB, 468x263px
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/pfbggen
>Chaotic Neutral Human Bard

>only your mother is alive
>mother's profession - slave

>Siblings
>Male Human [older than you]
>Female Human [younger than you]
>Female Half-Elf (half-sibling) [your twin]
>Male Half-Orc (half-sibling) [your twin]
>Female Half-Orc (half-sibling) [younger than you]
>Female Half-Elf (half-sibling) [younger than you]
>Male Human (half-sibling) [younger than you]
>You have access to the Kin Guardian combat trait

>Circumstances of Birth - Bastard Born
>Major Childhood Event - Fell in with a bad crowd

>Influential Associate - The Criminal. One of your associates committed crimes regularly.

>Conflict - Seducer. You tempted or manipulated someone to act in accordance with your whim, careless of whether it was in their own best interests.

>Romantic Relationships - You have had many lovers but no long-lasting, meaningful relationships.

>Drawbacks - Pleasure
>You crave luxury, entertainment, and pleasure.

Other than the fact that this character's mother is a apparently a sex slave who managed to give birth to a half-orc, a half-elf and a human simultaneously (how does that even happen?), this actually sounds like it might be an interesting character to play in an ERP oriented game at least.
>>
>>49755316
>to a half-orc, a half-elf and a human simultaneously (how does that even happen?
That is something you'd see in a prophesy yo.
>>
"Minos are a humanoid species native to Navaros. They are related to Minotaurs, but retain more humanoid features like a face. When the races from over the sea first arrived in the lands, the Minos were amongst the first of the cultures they met. Many of the race ended up enslaved, used as manual labor and prized for their physical strength and stamina. While some Minos were able to gain their freedom years ago, only recently has slavery been fully abolished in Navaros, resulting in many newly freed Minos. Many have traveled west, seeking escape from the culture that oppressed them. Minos often find themselves being considered as a lesser race by many humans, gnomes, dwarves, and halflings, and as such have better relationship with elves, orcs, and the various half-elven and half-orcish, tribes. Some Minos even become members of these tribes, in an attempt to gain back some of their lost culture.

Minos stand 6-7 1/2 feet tall, they appear as mostly humanoid from the waist up, albeit generally larger, more muscular, and with a small pair of horns pushing out of their head. Their bottom halves are very close to that of a minotaur, powerful bovine legs ending in thick hooves, as such they also have bovine tails. Minos are a short lived race, they reach adulthood rapidly, but as time wears on their bodies degrade rather rapidly. Its rare to see a Minos of older than 30.

A Minos reaches adulthood at 5 years of age, middle age at 15, becomes old at 20, and venerable at 25. Their maximum age is 25+2d6."

Is that too much? I unno I like the implication of a race whose time on the world is short.

Maybe another race would make more sense for that than moos?
>>
>>49755074
Rename it to tinker or something already.
>>
File: 1441679729257.png (355KB, 658x249px) Image search: [Google]
1441679729257.png
355KB, 658x249px
>>49755074
Months ago I made a homebrew replacement for the gunslinger but it never attracted any attention and I stopped working on it. Feel free to take anything that you might like from it, though I make no guarantees as to its quality:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pXwNeyiX5s44YRxtyQvk_kNG8tsHSW9u5jLIXoj1dYU/edit
>>
>>49755360
No, mostly because more than half their class features are still entirely gun based and only some contraptions recreate spells
>>
>>49755355

Nah I like it, the short age reflects their lower intelligence (less time for brain development or passive learning.)

I'd totally play one of these while going full dad mode with the party.
>>
>>49755487
Alright, it was just an interest concept

I'm playing around with the idea of maybe fucking with their aging penalties/bonuses somehow but eh. Not convinced thats necessary.
>>
File: korra avatar.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
korra avatar.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
Welcome all to the presumably FINAL book in the Kineticists of Porphyra line. Since we're ending it off, we wanted to do it with a bang, giving you the people the chance to look under the hood and see how things are going to work before they come out. You can comment on the doc or leave comments in the thread, but either way, I'd like to invite you all to help us give this wonderful series the best send off we could possibly ever have!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XTgiUdDSrTCvATEDeDJ4MnbDgS6KEBLu2e9mjj5fwaw/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>49755960
I hope you guys are willing to potentially leave the door open for a new book in a few years down the line if Paizo introduces some new mechanic or interesting idea for Kinetcists that you could improve on.

Also Jolly, your Kineticists material is the only 3pp that I've actually ever paid for. I hope you managed to spend that money getting an item off the dollar menu at some fast food place.
>>
File: anime thank you.jpg (32KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
anime thank you.jpg
32KB, 500x332px
>>49756018
The whole 'last book' thing is more of "this is as much as we want to do with the class at the moment." It's why I stated presumably here, since depending on how things roll, I might be adding more to the KOP line.

There's almost always going to be something I can improve upon, but at this point, the kineticist has been 'massaged' enough to the point where I'm happy with it (aside from LK 2).

I really do appreciate hearing that though, like this series has done a lot for me, for the depression from which I suffer, and just making me believe in myself again. I've had other freelancers hit me up and talk to me about how seeing a newcomer shooting up like I did inspired them, and it's just all too damn much for me.
>>
As a sorcerer, if you crossblood draconic/orc and take blood havoc do you get +3 damage per die?
>>
>>49756085
Assuming it is of the energy type Draconic is keyed to, yes.
>>
>>49749247
that seems... horribly awkward to use
to the point of uselessnes
not to mention that's not how bows work
>>
>>49753342
>>49753356
Infinite power points but limited power selection. It's based on the action economy as a balance instead: consider most of your 10min/lv or higher buffs permanently on once learned (limited number of known of course), kind of like if it were 3.5 warlock invocations.

To use them though, you have to blow stealth to the winds; you don't have 'gather energy' but instead a bunch of gambles, build up burn, cash out into temporary PPs which you then immediately use in the next few rounds.
>>
>>49756118
Oh BABY.
>>
>Submit character to DM
>Sit on concept
>Birth about two new concepts you love
>Don't know if I should develop them more or put them on the back burner for later campaigns
>>
>>49756149
Be human, take Spell Focus (Evocation) and Spell Specialization (Burning Hands) at first level, and enjoy doing 3d4+12 damage to everything foolish enough to stand in front of you. That's enough to kill weaker enemies like rats even if they make their save.
>>
Can any of you clarity, if I understand how this works:

I am a level 1 wizard and get a wand of infernal healing. I have not learned the spell. Can I use the wand without a Use Magic Device check?
>>
>>49756321
It's on your spell list, so yes.
>>
File: mageguild sleepover.jpg (626KB, 1024x1029px) Image search: [Google]
mageguild sleepover.jpg
626KB, 1024x1029px
>>49756321
Yes, since it's a spell trigger item.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items#TOC-Spell-Trigger
>Spell Trigger: Spell trigger activation is similar to spell completion, but it's even simpler. No gestures or spell finishing is needed, just a special knowledge of spellcasting that an appropriate character would know, and a single word that must be spoken. Spell trigger items can be used by anyone whose class can cast the corresponding spell. This is the case even for a character who can't actually cast spells, such as a 3rd-level paladin. The user must still determine what spell is stored in the item before she can activate it. Activating a spell trigger item is a standard action and does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
>>
>>49756348
>>49756375

Thank you. I am soon playing my first Pathfinder society game and everyone says that the first item you should get is Wands of Cure Light Wounds. Since Cha is my dump stat, I was thinking Infernal Healing would work better.
>>
Ok. I finished off the Race and Class areas for Navaros. If people could give me a lookover of it and suggest any changes that'd be great.

From here on I feel like I need to introduce the setting in a larger way, describe what Its cities are like and maybe a few relevant towns, what the land looks like. Maybe drop some campaign ideas here?

From there pop in the new firearm rules? Or should that be before. Then the new feats/spells, then monsters.
>>
>>49756542
meant to post the share link to it.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SJ7cX2pP0
>>
Need help making a blaster wizard
going for an izzet mage sorta build
so crafting and fireball/lightning
I have 2 3.5e feats that the gm as oked. But is there any better way to do it?
Admixture Evocation Wizard
Kobold, using 10rp, -2 str, +2 dex, +2 int
traits:
reactionary-+2 init
Magical Lineage: Fireball - trait (reduce metamagic by 1)
negative-perfectionist--2 to skills with no ranks in them
Pragmatic Activator-int instead of cha with UMD
1 feat: dragonwrought
1 bonus: Spell Focus: Evocation(+1 to dc vs evocation)
1 Arcane bond, arcane school, cantrips, Scribe Scroll
3 feat: craft wonderous
5 bonus feat: Spell Specialization (treat caster level as +2 for fireball)
5 feat: Still Spell (+1 spell level)
7 Arcane Thesis (treat wizard level as 2 higher for fireball, and reduce metamagic by 1)
9 craft rod
10 feat: Intensified Spell (+1 spell level)
11 Spell Penetration (1d20+caster level+2 vs spell resistance)
13 Spell Mastery (Fireball, +1, +1, +1)
15 spell perfection (apply anyone metamagic feat to fireball for free)
15 feat

maximise as a rod (+3 spell level)
quicken as a rod (+4 spell level)
empower as a rod (+2 spell level)
need to get silent spell in there as a feat
>>
>>49756398
Infernal Healing/Celestial healing has a better healing point to gold ratio than CLW has. A wand of CLW is only good for those classes with CLW on their spell list but who don't have Infernal Healing or Celestial Healing on their spell list.
>>
>>49755074
>created another one that recreates nondetection
>literally just paste with lead in it you rub on your skin
>using it too many days in a row gives you heavy metal poisoning
>>
File: EN_Ral_4_Gallery.jpg (196KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
EN_Ral_4_Gallery.jpg
196KB, 1200x675px
>>49756688
looks like this
except a kobold
and much more smug
>>
File: C H E W.jpg (50KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
C H E W.jpg
50KB, 800x820px
>>49755960
Hey Jolly, is there any way, either through your 3pp or otherwise, for me to infuse any object with my kinetic blast to detonate at a later time?
I wanna build a Void/Time kineticist who blows people into oblivion with Kinetic C4 boobie traps.
>>
>>49756085
>>49756118
Can't take both crossblooded and blood havoc, though
>>
>>49757398
Replace first bonus feat with Blood Havoc, then
>>
>growing temptation to name every unchained gunslinger deed after a western movie
>>
>>49757463
remember the old adage anon
Have gun, will travel
>>
>>49757490
>tfw want to add this
>no idea where to make it fit or what the deed would do
>>
>>49757490
i mostly need to first figure out a replacement for the gunsmithing feat.

in a world where guns are everywhere you don't need it anymore
>>
>>49757344
You can kind of do that with a blaster's bullet from KOP 3, it's the closest I think I've written for something like that.

To the untrained eye this small, rough steel ball appears to be a normal +1
sling bullet, but tiny holes dotting its surface lead to a conductive crystal core
that can hold elemental force indefnitely. A kineticist can infuse a blaster’s
bearing with a simple energy kinetic blast and any one substance infusion up
to 3rd level they know as an action that takes 1 minute. When fred with a
ranged weapon, the bullet bursts and unleashes the infused blast, dealing an
additional 1d6 damage per 3 damage dice of the blast infused into the bullet (minimum 1d6), using the blast’s damage type. Tis is reduced to d4s if
the damage is force, sonic, or untyped. Te DC of the substance infusion
is treated as though the infusing kineticist had used it, and can only affect
the target. Blaster’s bearings are highly volatile when infused; while they will
not react with other sling bullets, if two of them are infused with blasts and
directly touch one another, both will violently react, destroying both bullets
in a burst of energy and dealing 2d6 nonlethal damage to any creatures in the
square where they touched.
A blaster’s bearing may be loaded into a phaleros or tied into a halfling
rope-shot; it triggers on the frst hit made by such weapons
>>
>>49757490
soemthing something dances with wolves?
>>
File: kikuchiyo 7 samurai.png (511KB, 1013x758px) Image search: [Google]
kikuchiyo 7 samurai.png
511KB, 1013x758px
>>49757562
How about if I use Kinetic Bomb and Delayed Infusion instead? Or would the burn cost make it not worth it?
>>
>>49749545
Step 1: Pick Elemental Plane of choice

Step 2: That plane is collapsing/falling apart/fading

Step three: Implications for the multiverse as a whole are terrible, some adventurers need to fix this shit

Step 4: Cause of problem is denizen(s) of elementally opposed plane trying to destroy their enemies homeworld

The antagonists may or may not know exactly what happens to the multiverse if they achieve their goal. I think it's best if they do but have some means to preserve their own plane. It could also be subtle effort or something more obvious depending on whether you want to play up "great secrets of the planes" or "literal elemental warfare".
>>
>>49757904
You could do that too, I could swear I had written a wild talent where you could put kinetic blast into the ground, I just can't find it right now.
>>
>>49749545
See Number 39
>>
So I'm planning on doing a Holy Vindicator and taking Demonic Obedience (Shax) for that sweet second boon. Before I learned about Demonic Obedience though, I was planning on running an Oradin into HV. Thing is, Paladins have to be LG and Shax is the polar opposite of that. So what's the best way to go about this? Anti-Oradin? Full Oracle? Cleric? Any archetypes you'd recommend? No 3pp by the way.
>>
>>49757510
Bruh have you ever wanted to each just straight garbage?

Matter Conversion Engine (Su):
This unseeming grey box has a crank on one side. When filled with organic matter, everything from rotting garbage to dirt and sawdust the box is able to compress them to rough bricks that approximate food. The machine is able to create as much food as if the gunslinger has used Create Food and Water. However prolonged consumption of the food bricks is not healthy. After a week of eating them a creature needs a more substantial meal, or becomes sickened for 1d4 hours after each meal. After the second week this increases to 4d4 hours after each meal. After the third week the creature is constantly nauseous and takes 1 con damage per day.
>>
File: pMCUa9f.jpg (361KB, 1920x1266px) Image search: [Google]
pMCUa9f.jpg
361KB, 1920x1266px
>>49757997
>Paladins have to be LG
>>
>>49757997
Dhampir
Antipaladin/Oracle (Bones Mystery)(for the Channel Negative Energy/Holy Vindicator
Have fun.

If you want less offense and more sustain, then take Insinuator archetype for Antipaladin
>>
>>49758047
LG is the best alignment, though
>>
File: kitsune dude.jpg (575KB, 632x867px) Image search: [Google]
kitsune dude.jpg
575KB, 632x867px
I am a huge weeb who wants to play a Kitsune. I'm thinking Oracel with the Wrecking Mysticism curse (for free magical tail feats) and the Lunar mystery. What's the best way to play a lunar oracle? Beast shape and be a melee beatstick? Natural weapons? If I beast shape, can I still use my magical tail abilities? I'm thinking of fluffing a dire wolf shape as a giant nine-tailed fox if so.
>>
>>49758026
Why is Su?
>>
File: 1474948298538.jpg (688KB, 720x1302px) Image search: [Google]
1474948298538.jpg
688KB, 720x1302px
So, when building an Oradin or Oranti, is it advisable to take any Oracle Archetypes?
If so, which are best to take?
I keep thinking that either Warsighted, Black Blooded (for Oranti), Dual Cursed, or Psychic Searcher might be good, but I could just be crazy.
>>
>>49758200
You're right it should be Ex. Thanks for pointing that out.
>>
File: gip2309.gif (871KB, 474x273px) Image search: [Google]
gip2309.gif
871KB, 474x273px
>>49758193

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Transmutation-Polymorph

Well, Magical Tail abilities are spell-like, and polymorph effects only explicitly remove Ex and Su effects dependent on form and block various casting components unless the new form, so they might be okay. However, it does mention that the GM has the final say on what abilities go with new forms, so talk to yours about it.
>>
I plan on running a gestalt Bard//Alchemist game. I need incredibly entertaining modules for this adventure, as I don't really want to try to build one myself for this.
>>
>making humans total dickbags who think they are the best in your setting

This would be less funny to me if humans weren't also mechanically the best
>>
File: Pelor is Zarus.png (287KB, 1003x3232px) Image search: [Google]
Pelor is Zarus.png
287KB, 1003x3232px
>>49758445
Does Golarion have a Zarus?
>>
>>49758445
Personally, I always felt that humans would work well if their Stat Adjustments weren't a solid +2 to anything, but instead where something like
>+2Cha +2Con -2Wis
Humans are adaptable, sociable, can endure a whole lot, and can be charismatic leaders, but man are they bad at making decisions.

>>49758471
Aroden, but he ded now
>>
>>49758471

Of course not, none of the gods could ever support racism and racial superiority!

... Anyone get the feeling Golarion would be a better setting if the Starstone never struck it?
>>
>>49758497
But anon, then Aroden would have never existed, and humanity would still be a shackled servitor race to the Aboleths
Also, Cayden is awesome.

PLus your argument doesn't work since almost all the gods chosen by the Starstone were human (no one is sure about Norgerber though I think he's 4 halflings in a coat ).
>>
File: consider_the_following.jpg (47KB, 719x720px) Image search: [Google]
consider_the_following.jpg
47KB, 719x720px
So I noticed something interesting the other day: kensai and eldritch archer archetypes technically stack.

>The fuck you say--

I know, I know, hear me out.

Kensai states that you gain proficiency in a single melee or exotic melee weapon, but its other abilities don't specifically refer to this weapon as a class feature--they just say a weapon of your choice.

This means that taking a dagger or starknife--optionally with the Startoss chain and Vital Strike--actually becomes viable. It's what spellblade wishes it could be.
>>
>>49758488
I get Cha for fantasy standards, but why Con though? They aren't a sheer toughness race like orcs, they're often squishy, frail wizards. Dexterity might represent their adaptability better.
>>
>>49758561

Humanity's status as a servitor race was very hush-hush, it would have been fun playing around with that conspiracy in a campaign only to discover it's 100% true.

Aroden was already well on his way to becoming a god before the Starstone, he would still be an iconic figure in legend, if not a hero-god.

Cayden Cailean and all the gods that become such through the Starstone kinda suck.

A fun idea that was thrown around the Generals when this topic was brought up was the Starstone was not destroyed or never came, but was simply redirected into Golarion's orbit, where it appears as a shooting star that can grant wishes to those who see it, or a powerful destiny/divinity to those who find a shard.

If you want to talk timelines, we'd see Azlant still collapse due to decadence followed soon after by Thassilon once the Orcs break through the surface during the Quest for Sky.
>>
>>49758561
>Cayden
Literally who?
Did you mean Milani?
>>
>>49758497
>... Anyone get the feeling Golarion would be a better setting if the Starstone never struck it?
You mean with humanity still be bitch slaves to the aboleths?
>>
>>49758611
Humans are actually endurance hunters in nature - our ability to KEEP GOING after prey is our niche in nature. We can also recover from injuries better than most other animals - a horse with a broken leg is FUCKED, a human with a broken leg, even in nature, will heal from it. We're a high-con race.
>>
>>49758571
>Take Weapon Finesse
>Grab your free prof in an Aklys
>beg your DM to homerule retrieving a thrown Aklys to benefit from quickdraw
>fuck all the shit, and never need to pay for dozens of thrown weapons or a blinkback belt

>>49758611
Eh, because Humans are tough enough to live in basically every near-inhospitable environ, and the whole Endurance/Chase Predator meme.
Plus, we can spring back up from a surprising amount of abuse
>>
>>49758688
Damned if you do, damned if you don't, eh?
Well, the gods are just a bit better a choice; they're pretty borderline sometimes, but they're not QUITE at the level of those idiots infesting Toril's worshipers.
>>
>>49758716
I still want to run a "Test of the Starstone" dungeon for my old group. It's just difficult coming up with something so difficult you become a god if you accomplish it.
>>
>>49758611
Our ability to bounce back from injury is only matched by the raw determination of the Human Spirit
>>
>>49758702
This.
Humans did not outspeed their prey
For a long time they didn't even outsmart their prey
And we certainly couldn't bite our prey's necks off with ease, or outstealth our prey.

But what we could do - and how we ended up across the globe - was that the things we hunt would see us and run, and we'd just walk behind following them.

And they'd see us again and run. And we'd walk behind, following them.

And then the slow, sick, young or old ones would stumble or die, and we'd pick them apart and keep walking towards the herd of food.

The reason there's such visceral fear from zombie movies is because they are what we are even better; truly inexhaustible, and infectious too.
>>
>>49758708

Pretty much. It's arguably a better Dex magus than a dervish dancer.

There are also interesting synergies with Empty Quiver Style, It wouldn't be optimized, but a pistolero spellslinger Empty Quiver kensai eldritch archer in the hands of an experienced player would be fucking hilarious to see.
>>
>>49758708
>Eh, because Humans are tough enough to live in basically every near-inhospitable environ
The problem I have is that these ability scores are based on humanity in relation to other races in the fantasy setting, else +0 would make the most sense. And in fantasy settings we see environments more extreme than humans live in inhabited by races far hardier than us, often with more ability to recover from injuries. Maybe we stand above the little races of gnomes and halflings in that regard, but we're merely average compared to a raging half-orc or a hardy dwarf from the 10 mile high mountain in the mega-Antarctic.
>>
>>49758688

The empires of Azlant and Thassilon suggest this "enslavement" was nowhere near as brutal as it might suggest.
>>
>>49758702

A horse with a broken leg is not fucked because their bodies simply can't heal from the damage.

A horse is fucked because they're too stupid to not put pressure on the leg and thus repeatedly fracture it.
>>
Honestly I don't like racial gods anyways, I far prefer culturally bound ones.

A tribe of orcs might worship the same gods as a tribe of elves but they might reverse different aspects

I'm pretty sure i'm gonna make all the tribes animistic though
>>
File: Drow Pantheon (xtianayuni).jpg (99KB, 900x437px) Image search: [Google]
Drow Pantheon (xtianayuni).jpg
99KB, 900x437px
>>49758716
Toril has something for everyone.
>>
>>49758953

I just wish we had gods that actually made sense in the context of evolving cosmology.
>>
pardon, anyone have the Dragon Companion Handbook?
>>
>>49759001
howso
>>
>>49758445
>WAAH WHY AREN"T PEOPLE PLAYING MORE MARY SUE BULLSHIT
Humans aren't Aasimar and Samsara.
>>
>>49759025
You're right, they're mechanically better and can take traits to steal their shit.
>>
>>49759025
>Races with actual drawbacks are 'may sue bullshit'

Yeah how dare I want elves, dwarves, and the various strange races of the world displayed in a diverse adventuring party rather than

>LITERALLY 4 HUMANS. AGAIN. BECAUSE THEY ARE MECHANICALLY THE BEST AND THE BONUS FEAT IS LITERALLY GOD TIER.
>>
File: 139483627938.png (563KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
139483627938.png
563KB, 569x802px
>>49759045
>samsara
>Con penalty means a stiff breeze can kill them easy
>mary sue
>>
>>49758993
>Eilistraee
>Naked drow dancing in the moonlight
>Good aligned

Shame about what actually goes on in the afterlife.
>>
>>49759045
Aasimer and Samasara are the mechanically best races.
>can take traits to steal their shit
Just like the Aasimer on top of having better stats and free darkvision.
>>49759076
>>Races with actual drawbacks are 'may sue bullshit'
Aasimer have no drawbacks
> I want elves, dwarves,
Strange
>humans,, but daddy got diddle by an outsider
>strange

You do know that fantasy races don't automatically ,make a fantasy story more interesting or diverse?
>>
>>49759081
He's saying humans are the mary sues in this instance, smart guy.
>>
>>49759104
>boiling down my point about various races to just aasimar

We get it anon you hate aasimar.

>races don't make a fantasy story more interesting or diverse

No but it certainly helps
>>
File: laughing chara.gif (58KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
laughing chara.gif
58KB, 500x550px
>>49758792
>determination

You mean that thing I don't have? Where did it all go so wrong? Even this child laughs at me.
>>
>>49759076
>6 man party
>only human

Guess my group is healthy
>>
>>49759143
probably when you played that garbage game Undertale

I don't actually hate undertale or have any strong feelings about it aside from despising its cancerous fanbase.
>>
>>49759126
>No but it certainly helps
It doesn't. And more often than not actually detracts from the entire experience since most people add in races to tick off check boxes instead of actually contribute to the tone and feel of their worlds.
>>
>>49759020

Pantheons almost always have a clear hierarchy based around a wise ruler-god leading or advising his children, always supported by sibling-gods who represent some primordial aspect of nature. Sure, you get this in some regards with the likes of Erastil or Abadar, but it feels like they all just sort of came into being in a vacuum and just do their own thing for the most part.

There are also no triple-aspect deities or even suggestions of monotheism.
>>
>>49759158
God I just don't get that shit.

You're placed into this vibrant fantasy world, with a huge array of weird and wonderful races to play

And what do people do?

I'm Steve. The human fighter. I have no defining characteristics aside from being a grim normal human fighter.

I mean thats fun every once in awhile as a straight man character but fuck me its every time

>>49759172
you're confusing world building and party building.

Its very hard to draw players into some elven shit if none of the players are elves, especially when said elf might feel a reason to give more of a fuck
>>
>>49759143
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
>>
>>49759100

Are you suggesting you wouldn't date a good Drow that likes to paint herself and dance naked in the moonlight?
>>
>>49759189
>Its very hard to draw players into some elven shit if none of the players are elves
So give them reasons independent of race?
Don't include elves in the setting?
Discuss the theme and shit of the campaign before character creation?
>>
>>49759189

Hey anon, maybe Steve might have a better backstory if the campaign didn't start at level 1.
>>
File: sad phyrra.gif (2MB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
sad phyrra.gif
2MB, 500x225px
>I unironically like playing fish-out-of-water characters
>to the point where if given the option I would literally play a Merfolk in a land-based campaign, or a Strix in a campaign outside of Cheliax, or even a Centaur in a sea campaign (again, if my GM allowed it)

Something is wrong with me and I came here to apologize.
>>
>>49759189
Honestly, I struggle to identify with the more non-human races. Their strict racial 'personalities' makes them feel unreal and disconcerting to me.

I mean, I also don't ever play fighters.
>>
>>49759183
I think that's because monotheism is very problematic for a fantasy setting. When you get a bunch of people proclaiming that their god is the one true god, they generally murder people who disagree.

It leads to a much less interesting world in a lot of ways. You have the good god and the bad shit, and that's pretty much all that can exist.

I dunno. I also think people enjoy polytheism more because its divorced from the modern world
>>
>>49759076
Humans are strictly better than Fetching, Kitsune, +4 classes for SADs, and appropriately mixed score classes MADs, and variant Tieflings? Am I taking crazy pills? Humans are "the best" in the sense that they have the widest range of things that they are good at and sometimes best at, not because they are better than every other race at everything. And that's fine, having PC parties be human centric but not human reliant guess a long way to humanizing the adventures in an instantly relatable and relevant context.
>>
>>49759104
>darkvision and an extra +2
>better than free Skill Ranks and Bonus Feat
You suck at PF. Those SLAs won't help you in making builds, plus Humans are required to make most martial builds actually work at an adequate level.

also
>You do know that fantasy races don't automatically ,make a fantasy story more interesting or diverse?
Literally you were the only one who brought that up you mong.
Also you're complaining about a player/fluff issue, not an actual mechanical issue that matters your retarded sperg.

Plus Aasimar can only steal a Human thing, and thats to actively nerf themselves to count as the Human subtype. Humans can take traits that allow to to steal goodies and count as ANY race for virtually no cost, under the pretense of "I'm human but I was raised by another race, which means I'm just as good as them but better because I'm human LOOOK HOW SPECIAL I AM!"
>>
>>49758571
Is Kensai considered worthwhile? Is it one of the few examples where a compromise in spell progression is considered worthwhile?
>>
>>49759244

Hey anon, if you keep doing that you might become like Pyrrha and burn out.
>>
>>49759076
>BECAUSE THEY ARE MECHANICALLY THE BEST AND THE BONUS FEAT IS LITERALLY GOD TIER.
Unless you are using one of the races that get free proficiency with an exotic weapon you want to use.
Or if you want small.
Or if you want a specific favored class bonus.

Hell if you are going for a dex build an elf is better then human 100% of the time same with a caster, you are not very feat starved as a caster, and elf gives you +2 int and Dex both stats you want, ontop of that for a dex build free prof with elven curved blade which saves you a feat and is one of the best finesseable weapons in the game. Also that prof is equal to a free feat, then on top of that you have some nice resistances, and can get through SR more easily. Then toss on low light vision it is all around a very good package.
>>
>>49759275
It still hurts.
>>
>>49759189
>I'm Steve. The human fighter. I have no defining characteristics aside from being a grim normal human fighter.
I'm prissy the poncy elf
I'm Urist the stout dwarf
I'm Groktar the rough Half-Orc
I'm Glittertestes the mischevious Gnome
I'm Nimbletestes the mischevious halfing
I'm Prissy the vain half-elf

Slapping a fantasy race onto a character doesn't automatically make them interesting.
>weird and wonderful races
90% of playable PF races are hardly weird.
>>
File: Eilistraee (Isriana).jpg (270KB, 600x635px) Image search: [Google]
Eilistraee (Isriana).jpg
270KB, 600x635px
>>49759100
What does goes on in the afterlife, Descartes?
>>
>>49759234
its half a joke.jpg, there's nothing wrong with steve the human fighter just being a human fighter and building up a story as he goes

Its a bit more problematic and frustrating when it seems to be a constant.

>>49759248
It can be a fun experience getting out of your comfort zone and playing along a personality.

But you could also buck the usual personality trends of a race

>>49759254
Yes. Humans are literally that good. Free Skill Ranks and a feat make them the best mechanical choice many times, some builds simply don't function without a human's bonus feat.

>>49759288
At least you can usually build off of the fact that said character is an elf or whatever, which is decidedly a different experience than being a human.
>>
>>49759261
Are you some kind of fucking misthanthrope?

Why does the idea of someone not wanting to play Generic Elf #69 bug you so goddamn much.
>>
>>49759253

Yeah but that murder generates endless varieties of potential plot hooks that range from Crusader States to church intrigue to the functions of church interacting with state.

If you take the Eberron approach and state divinity is a product of belief, rather than concrete agreements between a god, than you can have monotheism and polytheism living in the same place, hell you could have monotheism and heresies.
>>
>>49759261
You are missing the best part of aasimar, Outsider (Native) Which makes you immune to charm person, dominate person, hold person, Enlarge person, and Reduce person. And a couple other things.
>>
>>49759244

We had a merfolk in a land campaign-she was a druid, though, and she always had animals handy to help her get from A to B.
>>
>>49759244
Play a strongtail Merfolk bloodrager

25 movespeed is plenty fine.
>>
>>49759289

>Eliastree
>Wearing clothes

DELETE THIS.
>>
File: 11c.gif (390KB, 540x305px) Image search: [Google]
11c.gif
390KB, 540x305px
So why can't Geniekin go to the Elemental Planes when they die? I mean, considering their ancestry you'd think they ought to have the option.
>>
>>49759317
I mean it can be fine for a specific setting but i understand why its not the usual for a setting.
>>
>>49759274

It's generally considered a reasonable choice for a more martial magus, which isn't crazy if you have a party of spellcasters and you want to mix it up a bit without losing spellcasting entirely. Free Weapon Focus and EWP, Canny Defense, insane initiative, and it's various crit boosting abilities make it a solid choice, particularly for Dex magi.
>>
File: Drow Worshipers (xtianayuni).jpg (110KB, 900x546px) Image search: [Google]
Drow Worshipers (xtianayuni).jpg
110KB, 900x546px
>>49759337
There aren't that many SFW pictures of Eilistraee.
>>
>>49759189
So you have to come up with a personality instead of riding on the coattails of
>Is Elf
>Is Dorf
>Is Trans
>Is Tiefling
>Is Masturbating
>Is Goblin
>Is Half Giant
>>
>>49759309
>At least you can usually build off of the fact that said character is an elf or whatever, which is decidedly a different experience than being a human
And you can't build off the fact that a guy is a human of X ethnicity from Y region?
>>
>>49759365
Or even explore what being human is in so different a place?
>>
File: mfw Sophists.jpg (39KB, 495x593px) Image search: [Google]
mfw Sophists.jpg
39KB, 495x593px
>>49759248
>Their strict racial 'personalities' makes them feel unreal and disconcerting to me.
How are those any different from the "strict cultural identities" of any race or ethnicity of human? Are you suggesting that humans are the only race in all of fantasy capable of free will and agency?
Or are you the type of moron who refuses to play humans as anything other than no personality vanilla Anglos.
Do you have literal aspergers or something that prevents you from actively considering and acting out the role of differing peoples of differing mindsets and situations, both mental and physical?
Roleplaying games are excercises in creative thinking and playing pretend anon. If you are unable to think of a character that can be defined in equal parts by their race, background, unique personality, and differing physiology, then that's your problem.
>inb4 why not just play a human for all that?
Why limit yourself when you can expand further on it by also flexing your mind to consider as well all the other racial and cultural nooks and crannies to explore as a nonhuman.

Yes, bad players and writers can make them lame and dull, and can reduce them to boring stereotypes. But what shitty writers do shouldn't have any bearing on your own capabilities as a roleplayer anon.

>>49759314
>Why does the idea of someone not wanting to play Generic Elf #69 bug you so goddamn much.
you're the one putting words in my mouth and projecting a message that I've said nothing close to you idiot

Point out where I myself said that you HAVE to play an elf. Go ahead, because you're the only one saying that because of your own insecure projections.
>>
>>49759359
All of those are usually more than

>Is Human

>>49759365
not every setting has good regional shit

and I many times feel that human x of region y is something that would be better served by X race because I don't really get why humans are always the races that live literally everywhere and rule/live in all the nations in a lot of settings.
>>
File: theredknight.jpg (14KB, 93x250px) Image search: [Google]
theredknight.jpg
14KB, 93x250px
>>49759352
That is because she is a bigger whore then Sharess.
Get a better deity.
>>
>>49759344

Fair enough, it just feels like something that would be incredible for a fantasy setting, and Golarion overlooking it is just wasted potential.
>>
>>49759359
The thing is that once you have a personality that is vibrant and interesting beyond the gimmick of the race...

Why do you even need to be that race any more?
>>
>>49759339
Anything with the Outsider(native) status has Outsider ancestry or ties, but its soul is of the material plane. This allows them to be resurrected to the material plane should they die, and grants immunity to banishment stuff that Outsiders are normally subject to, as they would only be banished back to the native material plane they are on.
>>
>>49759407
It would be incredible for a fantasy setting designed around it. because I feel like monotheism quickly becomes the defining conflict of a setting
>>
>>49759404
I did, then I made an initiating NPC for the PCs to interact with (or seduce).
>>
>>49759398
No, they aren't. It's a copout. You didn't come up with character for your character, you're just pretending you have one by pointing at a species and going "SEE? SEEEEEE?"
>>
>>49759413
ideally you make the two work together.

People in reality are more than just their personality, and personalities are built by the cultures and media we are exposed too

Why should people in fantasy be any different
>>
>>49759397
>not every setting has good regional shit
And most setting don't have good racial shit.

Most settings "races" boil down to "here are not human things that won't get shot at by being armed and near most settlements"
>>
>>49759451
i think you misquoted there hombre
>>
File: 1434648118724.png (195KB, 500x553px) Image search: [Google]
1434648118724.png
195KB, 500x553px
>>49759207
Do you even know who you're talking to mate?

The main issue is that Toril afterlife sucks dick.
>>49759289
>According to the Manual of the Planes/Planar Handbook, when a being dies, its soul lingers for a handful of rounds, and then, assuming that it isn't imprisoned by a spell or a death giant, it travels to the outer plane where its patron deity dwells, or the outer plane that best matches its outlook if it didn't have a strong devotion to a deity. Mostly, the soul just wanders as a petitioner, slowly becoming part of the plane and preventing resurrection. Certain planes have different effects on petitioners, e.g. Carceri has its petitioners incarcerated, Ysgard has its petitioners fight in glorious battles, wrestling and drinking, Boccob's petitioners in the outlands gaze over the shoulders of his researchers and pore over ancient texts.
>The worshippers of Lolth end up in the demonweb pits, caught in spider webs, watching the machinations of their goddess as she eats them one by one. A truly horrible end awaits the Lawful Evil souls, or those that sell their soul to a devil.

Basically your soul erodes away to become apart of that plane. IIRC, stronger individuals become outsiders (I may be mixing up my lore here with golarion), but you still lose most, if not all of your memories.
>>
>>49759397
>Are you suggesting that humans are the only race in all of fantasy capable of free will and agency?
God god, man. What'd you roll to make a leap like that?
>>
>>49759413
why indeed.

at that point they just become a mechanical selection of your build.
>>
>>49759404

Who would have known a good-aligned Drow based on freedom would be a bigger whore than LITERALLY the goddess of whores and sluts?

Drow operate on a higher level concerning the spreading of legs, truly.
>>
>>49759480
only if you're so shallow as to think things like lifespan, culture ect wouldn't affect a character's personality.
>>
>>49759474

That won't step me from fondling some fat dusky tits, anon.

Just means the afterlife's gonna blow.
>>
>>49759413
In my case, just cuz I wanna be something else.

Aesthetics are a thing, and fantasy worlds are in no way beholden to humans. They aren't an obligation or a default.
>>
>>49759508
Me either anon. But damned if I'm not going to be fighting death every step of the way.

I won't be able to motorboat some drow's chest until I can be assured that, when I die, I can moterboat them there as well.
>>
>>49759474
As time goes by, there's less reason to come back to the Material.

In the Forgotten Realms novels, it takes a few years for memories to fade. It might be even longer for elves.

While they do have their individuality, it's a fun party for them in the CG drow afterlife.

It's better than what Pharasma has.
>>
>>49759522
unless its Golarion in which there were canonically ubermensch humans who had +2 to all stats and used that to create massive empires which define the setting to this day.
>>
>>49759432

And I was just telling you that a setting has already been built with monotheism, it's called Eberron and the Church of the Silver Flame.

A religion that believes in and worships one god can totally exist alongside a religion that believes in a pantheon, and if the gods aren't a raw verifiable thing than both religions have equal claim that theirs are right.
>>
>>49749545
Naruto the Golarion Campaign:
>use Unchained Rogue (Eldritch Scoundrel), Magus, Kineticist, Witch Havocker etc.
>encourage if not enforce starting elemental alignment - ie. all of one race/town is fire an so on
>have a magical cold war full of espionage, assassination, some outright or proxy wars, and use elementals as functional magic IEDs
>>
>>49759413
I've been the guy advocating
>there were canonically ubermensch humans who had +2 to all stats and used that to create massive empires which define the setting to this day.
That are now extinct?

Do you even Rome bro?
>>
>>49759545
except that ebberon fucked up there, because if you believe your god is the only true god, then people worshipping other gods are not just heretics, they are active threats to your beliefs because they are saying that your god is not the one true god.

And threats must be removed, with violence.
>>
>>49759562
Yeah, I know, rome n shit

It doesn't mean Golarion isn't a setting in which humans were canonically the best.
>>
File: drow angel.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
drow angel.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>49759536
Can a non-drow even enter eilistraee's realm?

It'd be the weirdest thing to see a non-drow worshipper of eilistraee. You just know that they're there for some fat dark elf tatas.
>>
>>49759474
There's a long time before you fade out, and plenty of ways to 'return'... if you even want to (most don't) until then. The basic planar handbook's description makes it feel kinda like you're meditating become one with the universe or something...

and yeah. "and then there's Toril", where anyone that doesn't worship a selected god enough will be caught by the gods and tortured until they're soul to devils and demons, because the gods are (rather obviously) such colossal dickbags that almost no-one would worship them without a gun to their soul's head.
>>
File: Earth.jpg (1023KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Earth.jpg
1023KB, 2048x2048px
>character options in this setting:

> a racist and consumptive cracker
> a feckless and untrustworthy spic
> a haughty and overstrict chink
> a drunk and violent polak
> an uneducated and rapist nignog
> a gross marysue halfbreed
> a suicidal goatfucking mudslime
> a cheating and manipulative heeb
> a dull and oversmart sueish street-shitter
> a bunch of pointless and minor sub races that who gives a shit about these dumb mary sues like "Swiss" and "Murikan"

0/10 what a shit setting. All these races are just bland stereotypes and spots to mark off a checklist. Why does a setting even need all these races when they're so pointless and one dimensional?

Why not play a game with a singular and realistic race, so I don't have to play as a damn mary sue? Why play any fantasy race at all instead of just being a Reptilian like you are in real life?
>>
>>49759577
Munarvi
Drow Nobles
Half Elves
Elves having a multi planetary empire
Just because they have the most fluff and shit doesn't make them the best.
>>
>>49759498
Affect, sure.
But ALL lifespans and cultures do that. Some become obsessed with immortality, some become aloof as fuck, others enjoy every day as if it were their last, some try to pump out kids by the boatload...

You still need to actually come up with the personality, because "expected lifespan X, homeland Y" is not a personality no matter how you try to argue it.
>>
>>49759612
I'm not saying its a personality. I'm saying it would inform personality. Races are going to inform personality.
>>
>>49759584
Yes.

Eilistraee had moon elf worshipers by the time of the War of the Spider Queen. They were all women.

When she killed Vhaeraun, she got his male clerics (drow and non-drow) also.
>>
>>49759539
Yes, but golarion and paizo are overall humanocentric hacks.
>>
>>49759646
Yup.

POORLY WRITTEN SETTING.PDF
>>
>>49759584

I think you may be oversimplifying things by assuming all non-drow who express interest in the faith are driven solely by interest in tits.

After all, some may be seeking phat dark elf booty.
>>
>>49759566

Monotheism and polytheism has been able to live alongside each other for hundreds of years, albeit with persecution and casual discrimination.

Things get even more devious when one side is just as "right" as the other since, look, the polytheists can cast Bless just as easily as the Monotheists, and since the Polys got an empire at their back and the Monos do too than hey, the religious nutjobs are going to think twice before declaring a crusade.

Besides, crusades are fun. Persecution is fun. These are all conflicts that spur character concepts, backstories or campaign hooks.
>>
>>49759646
So is real life, and so are most fantasy settings with the exception of maybe LoTR.

Demi humans were supposed to be rare and strange to interact with, and not played all that fucking often.

And unless you're going to actually make them weird and interesting like Dwarves in Runequest or DF Dwarves played straight as sociopaths, workaholic, greedy little shits to the extreme, I see no point in including them.
>>
>tfw your main problem is you can't get your party to play literally anything else

>not because they don't want too, but they are too autistic about the bonus feat.

literal cancer.
>>
>>49759584
>>49759672

First off, that Drow angel art is adorable.

Secondly, worship of a weird foreign god is totally okay if it means getting phat dark booty and tits.

It hurts this isn't a thing in Pathfinder.
>>
>>49759715

I really, really really want to play a Minos.

I want to be a moo man.
>>
>>49759646
It's just capitalism. Most people don't give as much a shit about muh elves or muh dwarves as you do, and they're there to please the customer.
>>
>>49759741
>I want to be a moo man.
Have you made sure to read the Book of Mooman yet?
>>
>>49759741
I'm glad my Minos race is being well received, I think i've done enough at a base level to make them an interesting race that people would want to explore being
>>
>>49759775
You just made a bruiser race that can use large weapons. That's it.
>>
>>49759741
If we end up in the same territory I would love to play a turtle.

Or a mole.
>>
>>49759794
True, but i think the short lifespan and former-slave status will help people form motivations and ideas surrounding that

Races are really just a framework with a few ideas attached for people to use.
>>
Hey guys I get Dark vision, shadow blending, 2 resistances of 5, bonuses to my stealth and a useful knowledge skill, disguise self, shadow walk, plane shift, low light vision, and Outsider typing without even having to ask my GM for variant race traits rules, but man those humans are OP and beat me at everything.
>>
>>49759794

And I LOVE IT.

Every fucking race in Pathfinder is some slender dex fag or brainiac nerd, Lizardfolk and the rare Tiefling are the only tough bruiser races out there.

And Minos have hunk chests and powerful build!
>>
>>49759825
salt detected.
>>
File: Riker - Deal with it.gif (464KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
Riker - Deal with it.gif
464KB, 335x335px
>>49759825
HFY
>>
>>49759830
>Lizardfolk and the rare Tiefling are the only tough bruiser races out there.
Orcs
Trox
Humans
Dwarves
>>
>>49759773

What if I want to be a moomenite?
>>
>>49759847

Orcs are retards everyone hates, few people will know what Trox are and Dwarves are ugly little shits.

Humans though is true, and it's why I almost always play Humans. I love playing bruisers.
>>
>>49759825
They're also 10000x more relevant in every setting ever than you.
Cry some more fag.
>>
>>49759830

Don't forget gnolls. Be the big bastard monster you always knew you could be.
>>
File: 1459195990843.jpg (364KB, 1280x1703px) Image search: [Google]
1459195990843.jpg
364KB, 1280x1703px
>>49759871
>Orcs are retards everyone hates
I like Orcs. I just wish they were mechanically better and didn't have such fucked up life spans.

I mean DSP has Oggrs, which are Orcs with a bit of Ogre in them but it just ain't the same.
>>
File: Flawless_by_Ricardo_Guimaraes.jpg (42KB, 627x799px) Image search: [Google]
Flawless_by_Ricardo_Guimaraes.jpg
42KB, 627x799px
>>49759629
Now I'm imagining racial gods trying to deal with members that aren't of their race and are devout.

Like how does a goddess of drow deal with a human like that?
Does it happen often? Do drow pray to human gods for human spouses? Do those go to human gods or gods of love?
The more I think about this, the funnier it gets. What about when this worshipper dies? Who picks them up? Does Zarus get non human worshippers?
>>
>>49759892
>Gnoll
I see your shitty dog and raise you the Hobgoblin.
>>
>>49759885
But Aasimer get all the narrative benefits of essentially being a human.
>>
>>49759825
Fetchlings are a decent race and you've cherrypicked very well, but would still prefer a human for non-rogue races, particularly if they're flavourfully inappropriate to a setting.
>>
>>49759756
Nah, elves can fuck off, and dwarves can too, albeit less so because im a sucker for memes.

I want ACTUAL fantasy races. Not just humans with long ears.
>>
>>49759915

I like Orcs too, but as you said the mental penalties are too much.

>>49759892

Gnolls are too strongly associated with furries and pure, unbridled savagery for me to play in an average campaign.
>>
>>49759926

Hobgoblins are Dex/Con.

THE SOLDIER RACE DOESNT EVEN HAVE STRENGTH, ITS DEX.

WHY IS IT DEX.
>>
>>49759825
>but man those humans are OP and beat me at everything.
Humans get a bonus skill point, a bonus feat, and a floating +2 to any ability score they want while also having no racial penalties, the best favored class bonuses, and the ability to count as literally any other fucking race so they can grab their race-specific goodies. Those are racial features you'll actually use, because I promise nobody gives a flying fuck about some shit-tier elemental resistances or a 1/day 1st-level spell when feats like Point-Blank shot exist and the campaign is starting in the single digit levels.
>>
>>49759934
>But Aasimer get all the narrative benefits of essentially being a human.

Then why do they never matter or make much of an impact in major setting?
Seriously, the only setting where they have any actual narrative pull is Planescape, and even then the nature of the setting makes them boring and bland.
>>
>>49759924

>Posting all these Drow pics knowing I'll never get a chance to play or interact with one

Why are you doing this to me, anon. I thought you cared about me.
>>
>>49759961
Ac, weapon finesse, reflex saves.
Hell if you are using PoW or take three levels of Unchained Rogue you can get dex to damage anyways.
>>
>>49759974

He's saying Aasimar get narrative power because they are basically "weird human."

They grow up in human society, they have human parents, so on and so forth. They aren't Femto the Elf with weirdo culture or customs.
>>
>>49759961
More points can go into STR

I'm playing a really fucking strong hobgoblin with Dragon Style right now. It's nuts.
>>
>>49759974
>Then why do they never matter or make much of an impact in major setting?
Because they don't exist in numbers enough to impact the setting aside from an individual level. Aasimer don't have nations.
>Seriously, the only setting where they have any actual narrative pull is Planescap
Because Planescape focuses on dumb planar bullshit.
>>
>>49759991
There's also the narrative requirement for them to either be PURE ULTRA GOOD or SUPER EDGY FUCK YOU DAD ITS NOT A PHASE! which tends to make people not want to play them since it feels restrictive.
>>
>>49760003
>Because they don't exist in numbers enough to impact the setting aside from an individual level. Aasimer don't have nations.
Then why is that if they're supposedly just "wierd humans" which you keep stating are Sues which supposedly implies they are better than normal humans.
They they wre just "humans but wierder/better" then there would be no reason why they wouldn't build nations and have a bigger impact in the settings.
>>
>>49757490
>Paladin, Paladin, where do you roam?
>Paladin, Paladin, far, far from home
>>
>>49760046
They wouldn't be sues if they were common enough to build nations. That would mean they would be well, common.
>>
Fun story time
>First session beyond introductions in a PF game
>Party is all variant elven races because no player species have come into contact with each other. We're world building at the same time, starting with a city state
>Investigator (me), Midget Slayer (they're the midget, not the slayer of midgets. Yet), and Oracle (Idiot)
>Passing through forest when attacked by goblins
>I drop the pants on one goblin, which distracts another
>One goblin starts acting like a really shitty bard, slayer goes after that one
>Two goblins start argueing over which one of the tall people they get to kill
>Oracle joins in argument, with the argument that only she can beat herself up
>A few rounds pass, with intimidate checks (A goblin literally has the shit scared out of him and is pretending to be dead) and a few more dead goblins
>Oracle responds to being punched by trying to swipe at the goblin with her staff
>rolls 1, 1, and a final 1
>Knocks herself out (we don't die unless it's dramatically appropriate)
>Goblins admit that she's won the argument, one starts trying to do heal checks, other starts the argument back up over who gets to kill me
>I put a crossbow bolt through his skull
>We intimidate the survivors to not be bandits
>One is still refusing to admit that he's alive though
>Other goblin abandons him
>Slayer has rolled really well with intimidate checks, causing the start of goblin legends involving extremely scary tiny elves
>Scares the last goblin to death
>>
File: c43.jpg (29KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
c43.jpg
29KB, 450x450px
>>49760081
>in order to be a Sue you have to be so uncommon that your race is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of the world.
That's it, we've finally gone full circle.
>>
>>49760136
Yes.

There's a reason why many sues are super uncommon crossbreeds.
>>
File: Tiefling05.jpg (81KB, 736x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tiefling05.jpg
81KB, 736x800px
>>49760081
>>49760136
>>49760172
So you're saying that in order for a race to not be a sue race, they have to have enough of them in the setting to have their own nation? Well hot damn. Time for a nation of tieflings created by the human kingdom shipping "all those god damn mudblooded devils to their own damn country".
>>
>>49760212
It's like Genosha
>>
File: 1434634145950.jpg (149KB, 632x999px) Image search: [Google]
1434634145950.jpg
149KB, 632x999px
>>49759975
>Be me, be Lolth
>Annual count of worshippers. Numbers come back, mostly as expected, save one.
>1 human male
>what.thread
>Focus in on this one worshipper. It is indeed a human male. Wearing plate and my symbol on the shoulder. Currently lost in the artic.
>Figure this will work itself out, go back to surfing the Web.
>Months later, get a prayer from one of my priestess.
>They're being raided, enemy unknown, numbers unknown.
>Take a look because it's been a slow day.
>It's that fucking human again.
>Just him. No others. Trying to walk out of the city with a priestess under his arm.
Someone is going to get beat for this.
>Trying to figure out how to fix this. Command him to stop. He stops.
>what
>He immediately goes into prayer, it's like receiving a million questions a second. Zarus why did you make them like this?
>Tell him to shut up for a moment, and that he's, uh, passed the first test, and his next task is, uh, to go deal with the mind flayers deeper down. And he'll be rewarded with whatever when he make it back.
>Silence, then a single "Understood" in the worst Undercommon I've ever heard.
>Watch him bolt off into the underdark after dropping the priestess.
>Problem solved. For about a week.
>>
>>49759741
>>49759775
>>49759794
Didn't DSP just come out with another Monstrous Racial Classes thing for Centaurs and Minotaurs?
>>
>>49760212

>tfw you will never live with hot red-skinned women with horns and daddy issues
>>
>>49760305
The important part is they did one for gelatinous cubes.
>>
File: IMG_0199.jpg (176KB, 952x1450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0199.jpg
176KB, 952x1450px
>>49760303
I'm already aroused
>>
File: 1418538195179.jpg (83KB, 629x672px) Image search: [Google]
1418538195179.jpg
83KB, 629x672px
>>49760403

>You will never motorboat a flustered dark-skinned Drow with huge knockers
>>
>>49760497
>>49760497
>>49760497

New thread
>>
File: 1419436523569.png (2MB, 828x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1419436523569.png
2MB, 828x1280px
>>49760212
>>49760172
No, the Tielfings are not the most dangerous!
If what anon said is true, then only the most saddest, useless, least common, of lowest influence race can be Sues.

We must propogate the Kobold Nation as our sulers, only then they will stop being the Ultimate Sues, lording over us in their impotent barrows and unimportantly short lives, and bring them low into the cursed realms of plot relevance, power, and setting influence.
>>
>>49760448
You can absolutely do that. In fact if you don't do that when you play a Witch or Wizard some people will look at you funny
>>
>>49760544
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>49759970
>Humans get a bonus skill point
A bonus skill point per level. The Fetchling will have more skills for the first few levels, then the Human will pass them. A useful bonus to be sure, but really only about one of the nice bonuses the Fetchling has, like Darkvision.
The lack of racial penalties is made up for, to the digit, by another race's second bonus. If you're going for a character with more than one heavy ability score dependence and an easily dumpable score, you'll likely prefer the two scores and a penalty. As for stealing any other goody, are you refering to adopted parentage, using alternate race traits that have the tagline "Hey GMs feel free to not allow this"? If so, you're wrong about how that works. You can't steal whatever the hell you want, you get languages, and some weapon training. Racial Heritage is also limited. If you think planar shifting 1/day as a spell-like ability isn't fantastic then I'm very sorry, do you want to tell us where the human touched
>>49759935
>cherrypicked
I think most non Core races have a strong niche, and some Core races have a lesser niche. RP exists no matter how much you guys deny it.
The argument seemed to be that no one has a reason to pick anything but human because the bonus feat is "LITERALLY GOD TIER". Humans are good, no doubt, as many builds (especially martials) are feat-starved, but they don't have a monopoly on PC classes.
>>
>>49760569
anon, you misread the whole argument, the argument was about one guy whining about how everything thats not human is a mary sue despite humans being the most versitile, powerful, and prominent race there is, and him also saying that its impossible to have a god reason to play a non human since its impossible to RP a nonhuman in an intelligent and believable way, and that everyone who disagrees with him is an uninspired misanthrope.

basically the thread turned into everyone taking the bait and trying to argue with a literal autist
>>
>>49760303
>Week passes, tuning into House drama, bout to watch some priestess get shanked in an allleyway. Just as it gets good, interrupted by sudden yelling.
>"LOLTH, GRANT ME YOUR AID IN MY TIME OF NEED."
>That shitty Undercommon could only be one person.
>Take a look at what that dumb human is doing now.
>He actually did it. The mad human. Took over an ithilid city. Lead their slaves in open revolt. Hundreds of dead squid heads all around.
>He doesn't even need my help.
>Take the time to call up Zarus.
>"Yo, Zarus."
"My name is Pelor now --"
>"Whatever, do you know about human, uh, designator A499gIy4lk?"
>I can hear his fat ass moving across the sending message.
>"What about him? He seems pretty normal."
>Normal
>"Normal people don't incite revolts, or ask a goddess of another race for a wife three times a day. What the even hell is 'Bootylicious' anyways?"
>I don't know if he groaned or if it was his seat creaking underneath him.
"Look, Araushnee --"
>"I'm Lolth now."
>"Whatever. Look, this happens from time to time. Humans aren't the brightest. Just be glad Drow don't qualify as short stacks or we would be having this conversation a lot more."
>MFW he hangs up with that shitty explanation
>MFW this human just dealt a powerful blow to the mindflayers.
>MFW I send him off to collect the sound of a cat's footfall, the roots of a mountain, and a dozen other impossible things in hoping he'll die along the way.
>MFW it's been a year and he has 9 out of 12 items.
>MFW I still don't know what Bootylicious is.
I hate humans.
>>
>>49760659
>anon, you misread the whole argument
More like you misread the entire argument, autist.
>>
>>49760748
>literally "I know you are but what am I"
SALT
A
L
T
>>
>>49760748
The thread is over and the baiting is still real. Though I somewhat agree
>>
>>49760771
It's not salt if it's true.
>>
>>49760356
I dunno, I've seen some pretty impressive body mods. Soon, I imagine. :3
>>
How strong/bad does this mechanical concept sound for a discipline?

>None of the strikes do any bonus damage on their own, but once per round whenever you land a hit with a strike from this discipline, you gain extra sneak attack damage dice equal to half your initiator level, and apply it to damage if the normal sneak attack conditions are met
>>
File: Bootylicious Lolth.png (1MB, 1380x1720px) Image search: [Google]
Bootylicious Lolth.png
1MB, 1380x1720px
>>49760705
For posterity

>>49760778
Considering that the anon in question literally did start accusing people who tried to point out the flaws in his logic as misanthropes, I'd say otherwise
>>
>>49760882
I want to marry a bootylicious Drow!
>>
>>49760882
Thanks mate
>>
>>49760882
Considering that there's some false flagging going on don't trust that any given post comes from the poster of another comment.
>>
>>49759871

>orcs are retards everyone hates

say that to my fuckin face wanker
Thread posts: 436
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.