[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 420
Thread images: 53

File: Best General2.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General2.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Plastic Sisters? Ordos Erectus Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
http://www.mediafire.com/?nz3inu06zfik6nh
>>
File: 1466167500708.gif (1MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1466167500708.gif
1MB, 500x282px
>>49737009

>First for Forge World no longer selling Sabre defense platforms
>>
Second for laser weaponry is objectively the best at void-combat ranges, prove me wrong.
>>
>Based rules database (not for pdf cucks)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
>>
File: 1424991029937.png (247KB, 570x668px) Image search: [Google]
1424991029937.png
247KB, 570x668px
>>49737066
>Fourth for too jewish for forgeworld
>>
Didn't get any advice last thread:
Any suggestions on how to improve my Lions Blade?
I have a huge collection of Ravenwing and have a solid RW Strikeforce at 500pts to add to this list for 2000pt games.
Don't have any other transports right now besides the Razorbacks.

Lion's Blade Detachment 1499

Core (1368pts)

Company Master (115pts)
>Combi-Flamer, Jump Pack

Chaplain (115pts)
>Combi-Flamer, Jump Pack

Six 5-man Tactical Squads (90pts) (No Wargear, just free razorbacks)
>Razorbacks w/ TL Lascannons

5-man Assault Squad (85pts)
>Jump Packs

7-man Assault Squad (154pts)
>Eviscerator, 2x Flamers

5-man Devastator Squad (130pts)
>4x Misile Launcher

5-man Devastator Squad (230pts)
>4x Grav Cannon and Gravamp

Ravenwing Attack Squadron Auxillary (130pts)

Ravenwing Attack Bike (55pts)
>Multi-Melta

Ravenwing Land Speeder (75pts)
Multi-Melta (10pts), Multi-Melta (15pts)

Fluffwise I just really like the idea of my close-knit 5-man squads just rolling up to Objectives and doing their job.
The full BS Overwatch has been great.
>>
>8th ed replaces vehicle rules with wounds and AoS style reduced stats as damage is taken
y/n?
>>
>>49737128

Why would they do that to vehicles and not MCs/GCs?
>>
Help I've got a boner for Adeptus Mechanicus but my wallet can't take much more. How do I get a lot of points for cheap dosh to fill it out?
>>
>>49737134
Well those too
>>
>>49737139
>How do I get a lot of points for cheap dosh to fill it out?

Two Start Collecting boxes?

Then eventually you can add the other shit you want like striders, infilitrators or those kastellians or whatever.
>>
>have to drive 30 minutes to get to a store that sells White Dwarf and GW minis

Fuck Appalachia.
>>
>>49737158
Is 30 minutes a lot of time for you or something?

It is easily 20-30 minutes depending on traffic to get to my preferred LGS that is 11 miles away. A bit longer to get to either of the two GWs.
>>
>>49737119
Consider making room for lasplas and tl asscannon Razorbacks. That or running your tac squads in Rhinos but with Gravcannon.

Also, ml 2 librarian on bike instead of the chapter master.
>>
>>49737186
I have to take the company master for the demi-company to complete the Battle Company.

Are Lascannons not good? I didn't see a Las/Plas Option but I definitely have a bunch of Assault Cannons. Maybe I will do half and half with assault cannons.
>>
File: photo.jpg (138KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
138KB, 540x960px
So my friend sent me this
>>
>>49737009
How will you do your genestealer cult sisters of battle? Flyrant living saint conversion is a given.
>>
File: 1328294899853.gif (679KB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
1328294899853.gif
679KB, 200x199px
>>49737234

>Kasrkin
>>
>>49737119
Why not put specs/combis on the tac squads?

Wouldn't Drop Pods work better than Razorbacks?

Combi-Flamers are an interesting choice, do they benefiet from your full BS Over Watch?
I don't field any templates with my Necrons.

I am guesing the 7 Assault Marine Squad is where your HQ go. Perhaps you could shave off two and put 1 with each dev squads or maybe some combis in your tacs.

An auxillery of a vanilla Attack Bike and a double Assault Cannon or double heavy bolters Landspeeders in that attack squad to save a few more points.

Really not sure how useful those poor tacticals will be if they have nothing to work with other than a metal bawkz.
>>
>>49737139
>How do I get a lot of points for cheap dosh to fill it out?

Robutts come in at 300 points per box. If you go for a Legio Cybernetia theme you can really fill up your army quickly.

>>49737128
N. Age of Sigmar is garbage. The only thing I want to see brought over from its rules is the keyword system to tidy up rules interactions.
>>
>>49737214
Lascannons are decent but I'm personally getting a lot more value out of the asscannons.
Lasplas is 20 points like every other option in the codex and I overlooked that you were going for the full battle company.

In light of this, 5 man gravcannon tac squads are only better if you are playing demi company.
>>
I'm collecting some recast death korps just cause, but I figure I might as well get some shit to make a decent army if I wanted
What makes a good dkok army? Just as much artillery as possible, from my understanding they're pretty poor, is it best to just field then as IG if I were to use them in games?
>>
>>49737089
bombardment cannons and nova cannons disagree
>>
>>49737243
My friend was talking about this yesterday.

Do you live in Midwest US?

He has ~1200pts of SoB but was waiting on the plastic kits and a recaster to have the Acolyte and Neophyte Heads since his brother plays Tyranids.

His main army is IG so he has some of the tanks and shit the GSC can use.
>>
>>49737310
Also, making AC turrets for my razorbacks allowed me to finally get rid of all the spares from 4 Ravenwing upgrade sprues so that's a bonus.
>>
File: 1423832992333.jpg (222KB, 748x543px) Image search: [Google]
1423832992333.jpg
222KB, 748x543px
>>49737234
>VALHALLANS
>FUCKING VALHALLANS FOR SALE
OH MY FUCKING GOD I JUST CAME TWICE IN ONE SECOND
HOLY FUCK PLEASE BE REAL
>>
>>49737339
Nah I live in China. Recasts are easier than realisies over here.
>>
>>49737329
>Projectiles
>Waiting for a short while before impact, literally half a million times longer delay than lasers
>Can't even aim properly as the opponent changing their relative velocity by a tiny amount will cause your salvo to completely miss
>>
>>49737298
>Why not put specs/combis on the tac squads?
No room unless I make the changes you suggested, which are the only real changes I could make

>Wouldn't Drop Pods work better than Razorbacks?

Probably but no one at my shop would face 6 drop pods of anything.

Combi-Flamers are an interesting choice, do they benefiet from your full BS Over Watch?

I figured if someone charges them before they get to charge they would want a wall of flame to help against most things. I was considering comb-gravs though.

>>49737310
>>49737358
Yeah that's why I have so many assault cannons as well.
Thanks.
>>
>>49737280
FInecast.
>>
>>49737393
lances can't reliably blow up/cripple a capital ship in a single hit

>he misses with novas
>laughing carpenters.jpg
>>
>>49737408
FineKastrkin
>>
>>49737408
If its cheaper I will hotglue all my finecast figures.
>>
500 points Genestealer Cult

Magus
Mastery Level 2 - 65

Acolytes x 9
Goliath Transport - 90

Acolytes x 5
Goliath Transport - 90

Acolytes x 5
Goliath Transport - 90

Subterranean Uprising - 125
Acolytes x 5
Acolytes x 5
Metamorphs x 5

Cons:
Lack of bodies
No Cult Insurrection

Pros:
Rending Claw delivery system
Autocannons dealing with light armour

Magus (i'm thinking) goes with 9 Acolytes, biggest shame is no cult insurrection but its hard at 500 points when your core units have so much tax. Goliaths initially pop any transports / low armour and then deliver their 20 rending attacks (excluding overwatch)

Thoughts?
>>
>>49737425
>Lances
>He doesn't also use Laser Macrobatteries
>He relies on a difficult, unwieldy, horrifically low RoF weapon as anything but the occasional sledgehammer

Nova Cannons have their uses, there's no doubt about that, but outside of weapons of that calibre I'm really struggling to find any reason not to use lasers as the primary.
>>
File: 1453545588522.jpg (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453545588522.jpg
39KB, 250x250px
>>49737439
>cheaper
>>
>>49737440
For 500 pts a renegade player could take 100 infantry and a 14 armour leman russ battle tank. Not a competitive list at all. Could you deal with it?
>>
>>49737234
>kasrkin
No. I refuse to believe this is true. My Cadian heart aches at crappy rumours. I just spent too much money on Kasrkin conversions.
>>
File: 13672319.jpg (39KB, 576x472px) Image search: [Google]
13672319.jpg
39KB, 576x472px
Are there any online assembly guides for the new plastic Eldrad
>>
>>49737477

These boggymen lists you like to post here don't exist in the real world.

Inb4 I have to hear how renegade players with hundreds of models in low point lists exist in every store
>>
>>49737440
>its hard at 500 points when your core units have so much tax
Just kill yourself now, retard. Cult Insurrection has the leanest decurion in the game.
>>
>>49737454
good shifts on brawlers, throwing a shitload of dice while locked on

If you don't think the dominator is the tightest cruiser in the segmentum, you can get the fuck out of my house.

>horrifically low RoF weapon
Not any slower than waiting for lances to recharge/cool off. You're thinking of torps, m8.

And I'd agree that torps aren't great. Novas and bombers get the job done.
>>
>>49737524
It'd be interesting to see what playing in the stores that shitposters on /40kg/ claim to play in would actually be like. Tau'nar and Stormsurges in every game, regardless of point value. Hundreds of Renegades in every 500 point match. Cataphractii-captains on bikes. Dozens of competitive Chaos Space Marine and Ork lists that no one can ever remember after seeing them.
>>
File: 1465961272868.png (9KB, 214x236px) Image search: [Google]
1465961272868.png
9KB, 214x236px
>>49737527
>tfw want to use Cadian BG Decurion for fluff reasons
>tfw the bonuses are relative garbage and the core tax is terrible
>>
>>49737440
You've got no upgrades, virtually no shooting, no unit variety, and no redundancy to save you if you don't get your 6's for Cult Ambush. You don't have ablative bodies to soak up casualties taken from Overwatch - Flamers will tear you apart - and don't have enough shooting to whittle units down before jumping on them.

It looks really boring to play and play against, without actually being all that powerful. It might get a few big wins, but on the whole it's a pretty stupid gimmick list.
>>
File: 99120105049_ManticoreNEW01.jpg (42KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120105049_ManticoreNEW01.jpg
42KB, 600x620px
Anyone here ever play much with the Manticore? I'm considering doing the Arty Comp formation, not sure how bad the tax is for the Wyverns.
>>
>>49737570
>It looks really boring to ... play against... It might get a few big wins, but on the whole it's a pretty stupid gimmick list.
GSC in a nutshell. It's like GW deliberately wanted to design an absurdly powerful army that could compete with Craftworld Eldar for title of "least fun to play against." At least CWE can take their shitty units and kinda be okay to play against. GSC will always be popping on and off the board, fishing for their double shooting and assaults.
>>
>>49737570

I'm due play with my 500 pt Genestealer Cult on Friday and my opponent is bringing a VERY flamer list. I've started putting a list together but I can't see how I will deal with this (so many flamers) at all... How would you deal?
>>
I've not seen 40k fluff mention megacorporations. Surely there must be some though?

Just think: Ronald McDonald as a planetary governor.
>>
>>49737625
Bring armor.
>>
File: 1850 Game.png (2MB, 704x1741px) Image search: [Google]
1850 Game.png
2MB, 704x1741px
Anyone play any games recently? Had an 1850 one vs Salamanders with my Daemons and KDK.
Forgive me as my army is still Wip. Those Dragons are his stormtalons.

Bloodthister got shot off the table turn 1 by scouts and 2 thunderfires, but luckily I managed to tie them up in tarpits of hounds/spawn turn 2. BT came back via my herald exploding turn 3. Overall it was my win, but took some heavy losses.His FW dread torched a squad of plaguebearers and fucked my soulgrinder too. No summoning was involved, aside from possesion.
>>
>>49737625
Neophytes and sentinels. Maybe a russ.

play them as budget guard that have the option to go into ongoing reserves and nab objectives on the other side of the table
>>
So i've posted here within the last few days and i still can't manage to beat eldar with CSM or orks, the only time i even remotely seem to stand a chance is when they get bad rolls and even then they still put pressure on, if they get good rolls i'm off the table turn 2 it seems and if not off the table i'm damaged enough that it's not even a contest anymore and is just delaying the inevitable, Also my small group are all under the impression and keep drilling into me that "eldar are not broken i just need to play better"

Is this a case of me needing to learn to play better or do i sincerely not stand a single chance in hell of competing with these armies?

Also i am relatively new to this game and my stance is that if i can't play with an army i aesthetically enjoy i don't want to play at all, do i get out while i still have a chance?

Please help, i'm at my wits end with this game. pic related, how i'm starting to feel.
>>
>>49737625
People keep looking at the Cult Ambush table, seeing option 6, and going berserk over the idea of massed Acolytes and Purestrains assaulting on turn 1. It's a trap. The army does have guns, so use them. Neophytes can bring a lot of anti-infantry firepower to the table for a fairly slim points investment and can use Cult Ambush to get angles where they can scalpal out key units. Bring a Leman Russ or some Armoured Sentinels, so your opponent can't just spam Flamers and Heavy Bolters.

>>49737617
>GSC will always be popping on and off the board, fishing for their double shooting and assaults.

In the same way that every Renegade player will bring a hundred models to the smallest point game and Tau players field nothing but Riptides and Stormsurges, sure. Hell, even if someone is doing this, they can't use Return to Shadows if there's an enemy unit within 6". Get up in their grill and hit them hard. They're even more fragile than Dark Eldar.
>>
>>49737651
Not me, but I was watching a 5k points(30k mixed with some 40k rules) game the other day. One side was Luna Wolves vs Word Bearers.

Reaver Titan got taken down turn one by a lucky shot. Meanwhile Luna Wolves + IG had to fend off hordes of cultists.
>>
>>49737440

9 acolytes in a Goliath is actually 138 points.

Also seems kinda shit. If you're gonna go for uprising in 500 points, just make it your entire force. Tighter theme.
>>
>>49737557
Is 1 leman russ and a hundred infantry a shit post army? Would 50 infantry and 2 LemanRuss be betyer?
>>
>>49737635
>Surely there must be some though?

Why? They aren't necessary. Besides, it clashes with the whole future Middle-Ages/Fall of Rome.
>>
>>49737676
Not disagreeing with you, but a lot of lists are containing the Sub Uprising formation that lets you roll two dice on the ambush table. Not something to sniff at if you add a Primus for three dice on the table.
>>
>>49737570

Woah, brutal, I wasn't really trying for a gimmick list, stupid or otherwise. I have much larger units in my bigger points lists but at 500 I was struggling to find points to buff things out. I don't have any Russes/ Sentinels yet and i just figured this list would help deal with the small squads of marines and any rhinos / landspeeders.
>>
>>49737676

Yeah they have guns, but nothing worth taking that allied guard couldn't do better. You wanna throw a few sentinels in for fun? Fine, but if you're gonna seriously go in for guns, ally some brood brothers in khaki.

Guns are the trap option. Melee in cults can handle anything but air if they actually get in, and you don't need sixes, anything but a lot of 1s will get you happily into early game charge distance.
>>
>>49737672

>Elder are not broken I just need to play better

Pffffft. Are they serious? Because they are fucking retards if they are.

It depends on the Eldar list, but you honestly have no chance unless you start allying demons or they are cursed with the worst dice on earth.
>>
>>49737635
If the Administratum runs everything effectively and all of the Ordos do their jobs there isn't really a need for megacorporations
>>
>>49737687

You think hive worlds don't have fast food chains?
>>
>>49737756

So what you're saying is, there's a need for Megacorps?
>>
>>49737635

It's possible but it clashes really heavily with the aesthetic. Corrupt nobility and higher ups work just fine but a megacorporation doesn't really fit. It suits stuff like the Alien universe much better.
>>
>>49737769

I suppose that since it's a large galaxy it's possible there are some where there are overlaps in Imperial rule.

Now I want to do AdMech with fluff of the evil corporation from Ratchet and Clank.
>>
750 points genestealer cult: cult insurrection detachment

>neophyte cavalcade
10 neophytes,shotguns, 1 webber, chimera with multilaser and heavy flamer

10 neophytes, autoguns, 1 seismic cannon, chimera with multilaser and heavy bolter

leman russ with battle cannon

2 scout sentinels with autocannons

>lords of the cult
patriarch, mastery level 2

>shadow skulkers
10 purestrain genestealers

750/750

not much antitank weaponry but would it work=?
>>
File: IronHandsCyborg.jpg (90KB, 662x879px) Image search: [Google]
IronHandsCyborg.jpg
90KB, 662x879px
So still working on this list, i don't want to go crazy with droppods as i'm not a turny player and a 10 drop pod army would be annoying to transport.
Right now i'm thinking something like this with lots of razorbacks. What i'm wondering is what would be the best setup for the tac squads in razorbacks. Grav-gun with Twin-linked Assault Cannon razorbacks or grav-cannon with Twin-linked Heavy Bolter razorbacks.

Another 1500 pts Iron hands Gladius Strike Force
Core
Battle Demi Company
Assault Squad 80pts
2x Flamer
Drop Pod

Cataphractii Terminator Captain 200pts
Auspex, Chainfist, Lightning Claw, The Gorgon's Chain

Devastator Squad 110pts
4x Multi-melta
Drop Pod

Tactical Squad 105pts
Grav-cannon and Grav-amp
Drop Pod

Tactical Squad 105pts
Grav-cannon and Grav-amp
Drop Pod

Tactical Squad 105pts
Grav-gun
Razorback with Twin-linked Assault Cannon

Battle Demi Company

Assault Squad 80pts
2x Flamer
Drop Pod

Chaplain 90pts

Devastator Squad 130pts
3x Lascannon
Razorback

Tactical Squad 105pts
Grav-gun
Razorback Twin-linked Assault Cannon

Tactical Squad 105pts
Grav-gun

Tactical Squad 105pts
Grav-gun

Auxiliary
'10th Company Task Force
Scout Squad with Snipers 60pts
>>
>>49737728
>ally some brood brothers in khaki.

But you're still spending points on guns. Maybe they're Genestealer Cult guns, maybe they're allied IG guns. But either way you're putting points into models which will be on the board and dealing damage from turn one, and not throwing even more points at the ambush table and hoping for a lucky break.
>>
>>49737880
>not much antitank weaponry but would it work=?

I'd swap the Battle Cannon for an Exterminator Autcannon and a hull Lascannon. That should help your anti-tank deficit out a bit.
>>
>>49737769

You must think more like in the Dark Ages/Roman Empire or Age of Sail. Less corporations and their stockholders and more patricians/lords, and rogue merchants. Interstellar travel, let alone interstellar trade, is dangerous and the galaxy and the imperium can't barely police its own planets.
>>
>>49737786

There's definitely room for overlap between the concepts of megacorporations and nobility.

Heck, you could have stuff like a hive world which once long, long ago was run by feuding Megacorps, but since falling under imperial rule during the great crusade now has noble houses descended from those tycoons.

The hivers tend to slave over consumer goods manufacture rather than peasants in fields. Corporate PMCs are knightly orders with ancient codes of honour. Corporate espionage and political maneuvering have become indistinguishable.
>>
>>49737672
Eldar: top tier
Orks: shit tier
CSM: slightly less shit tier

Your opponents should not be playing eldar against you, especially since you're a new player. Just refuse to play against eldar and don't let them make you feel bad for turning down matches. No matter what they say, eldar vs orks or eldar vs csm is nowhere near a fair fight, so don't waste your time.

Rumors point to a new edition soon, so don't give up hope yet. Just be careful with your purchases.
>>
>>49737934

Megacorporations and immortal aristocracy should be indistinguishable to the point that nobody even remembers the word "corporation".
>>
Should I hold off until 8e drops to start collecting an army?
>>
>>49737882
Put your cataphractii captain on a bike, it'll increase his survivability
>>
>>49737980
It could be a while before the next edition. What army are you looking at?
>>
>>49737980
by the time you finish painting an army, 8th may be finally coming out and you can jump in and play it during all the hype and doomsaying
>>
>>49738002
A 1500 DA w/ allied SM. Paints aside since I doubt the can invalidate those purchases but Darkshrouds and dev cents aren't cheap and it's a pretty safe bet point values will change, right?
>>
File: 7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg (44KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg
44KB, 600x325px
>>49737959
yeah i feel like my gaming group are starting to imply i'm just being a whiny bitch about it who's just not trying hard enough.

I'm yet to play against the two other guys who also play locally but they play Dark Angels and Tau, and i've heard similar things about them so i'm worried about playing against anyone.

For most people this game costs an arm and a leg, but i'm Australian so i have to give up an eye and my left testicle too and the way i see it is i spend a shitload of money on an army i like and lose almost all the time or spend that money on an army i don't like and not enjoy playing it. either way i feel like i'm screwed in this hobby right now.

when i bought my minis i was so excited to paint and get into it, but now i pick up things to paint and feel shattered inside knowing they're just gonna get flung off the table and i've lost motivation to even paint. feels bad. pic related
>>
>>49737986
Cataphractii Terminator on a bike?
I was gonna let him roll with the multimelta devs for taking bullets and giving them slow and purposeful.
And braking of to engage something.
>>
>>49738058
Yup, cataphractii armor doesn't prevent you from taking a bike like regular terminator armor does, so feel free to go wild.
>>
>>49737327
Bump
Also aiming around 500-1000 points
>>
File: GMFBBH.jpg (209KB, 960x402px) Image search: [Google]
GMFBBH.jpg
209KB, 960x402px
>>49737676
>they can't use Return to Shadows if there's an enemy unit within 6". Get up in their grill and hit them hard.
>mfw I didn't know this

My friend is building GSC to add to his Tyranids against my RW/DW list
>>
>>49738053
Narative battles. You need to play with a handicap to win as chaos. There is no shame in it. Learn to play this way and you will have fun again, play the army you like and it won't cost a penny

E.g. more points for chaos than eldar, or on a 4+ your unit comes back on the board after destruction and the eldar player must survive so many turns.
>>
>>49738050
I don't think you can go wrong with spess muhreens, so go ahead and get started. Put together a kill team first, then some small lists like 750 and 1k before you brew at 1500. Chances are, by the time you're done assembling and painting your 1k list 8th ed will be right around the corner.
>>
>>49738085
as far as i know the groups got no plans for homebrewing and plan to follow rules as they are intended.
>>
>>49737598
The Manticore ceases to be a tax once it gains ignores cover and twin-linked.

Take a Basilisk as well, same applies.
>>
>>49738098
Then you're fucked. The game's and the codices' rules as-is are hilariously unbalanced in favor of Eldar.

Does your group allow FW? Are you willing to shell out for FW? Chaos get some good shit there that make them bearable but you still probably can't touch the top tiers.

What does the Eldar player(s) usual list look like?
>>
>>49738098
Try to convince them to make and exception. Tell them its not fun to lose all the time.
>>
File: Advancing Scions.jpg (401KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Advancing Scions.jpg
401KB, 1600x1200px
Is there something wrong with the mega? It keep son saying deciphering when I try to open it and never moves past.
>>
>>49738107
Why not give it AP1 while we're at it?
>>
>>49737625
Bring salamamders
>>
>>49738122
he has jetbikes, wraithguards with D-scythes, illic, rangers, wraith lords and a wraith knight that he's itching to put on the table when i get enough points.

he changes his list around most games but i don't seem to stand much of a chance no matter what he does.
>>
File: Hormagaunts.jpg (198KB, 900x654px) Image search: [Google]
Hormagaunts.jpg
198KB, 900x654px
Reposting to see if I can catch anyone's eye.

+ + + Skyblight Swarm + + +

>Hive Tyrant (Wings, 2x TL Devourers, Electroshock Grubs) - 240

>3x Gargoyle Brood - 180

>Hive Crone - 155

>2x Harpies (Stinger Salvo) - 270

+ + + Endless Swarm + + +

>3x Hormagaunt Brood - 150

>2x Termagaunt Brood - 80

>Warrior Brood (Venom Cannon) - 100

+ + + CAD + + +

HQ:
>Hive Tyrant (Wings, 2x TL Devourer, Electroshock Grubs)

Troops:
>2x Mucolid Spore - 30

Elites:
>Venomthrope - 45

>2x Zoanthrope - 100

Heavy Support:
>Mawloc - 140

Total: 1750
>>
>>49738135
Well Ignores Cover and Twin-linked are just what the Emperor's Wrath artillery fomation that that guy is asking about can give the Manticore...
>>
File: 1444867958673.png (519KB, 747x839px) Image search: [Google]
1444867958673.png
519KB, 747x839px
>>49738143
>jetbikes
>wraithguards with D-scythes
>a wraith knight

The guy's a faggot. No wonder he wants to follow the rules to the letter because they may as well have been written personally for his codex.

Try reasoning like >>49738124 but I doubt you'll get through to someone who mercilessly brings lists with all of those units against new players using bottom-tier armies.
>>
Codex/Supplement Thousand Sons incoming along with one for every "major chaos faction" (aka: Legions).

REJOICE

OUR SLAVERY TO THE SHITTY CODEX MIGHT END SOON
>>
>>49738053
I feel for ya buddy. Forget about trying to win the game and give yourself little objectives to focus on, like killing a specific unit, holding a particular point on the board, not dying, etc. You may "officially" lose the game, but if you achieve your objective, in your mind, you win because you did what you intended to do. This way you can have some fun even against WAAC fags. You don't even need to tell them you're doing this, and probably shouldn't either. Let them wonder how the fuck do you manage to be so chill in the face of defeat.
>>
>>49738163
Would Manticore benefit more from TL or from getting to re-roll how many shits it makes per missile?
>>
>>49738066
Ye i remember something about that but i wont be going that hard with the RAW.
>>
File: FW_Manticore.jpg (95KB, 662x472px) Image search: [Google]
FW_Manticore.jpg
95KB, 662x472px
>>49737598
Theres a bit of rules shaenenigans to use here. Since the formation just says "Manticore", you can use Forgeworld variant. And I think its better. Giving Ignores Cover on S9 ap2 bigger-blast platform is nice.
>>
>>49738190
What?

You're thinking of the Wyvern.

The Manticore is the 4 One Use Only D3 Str 10 AP 4 large blasts one that costs 170pts.
>>
File: laughingeldar.jpg (83KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughingeldar.jpg
83KB, 446x400px
>>49738177
>implying it won't all be rolled into Warzone: Fenris part 2
>implying you won't get a 1ksoncurion with a core formation that requires 3-6 Rubric squads
>implying anything else will change
>implying the new units will even have good rules to justify their points costs
>>
>>49738202
I think it's no dice on that because Cadian Battlegroup specifies Astra Militarum codex?
>>
>>49738143
Yup, that's BS. Don't play with him.

What's your list like? What models do you have?
>>
File: photo.jpg (41KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
41KB, 449x449px
so i stumbled across this youtube channel while browsing 1d4chan, and i cant stop listening to this song, fills me with pride in my great Imperium whilst also just being a kickass song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu7ddmL6Vfs

also if anyone could tell me what genre this is, thatd be sick
>>
>>49737635
A planet can certainly be run that way, with the "Planetary governor" either considering himself the CEO, or being the Board of Directors. As long as tithes are paid on time the Imperium doesn't really give a fuck.
>>
>>49738205
Manticore's missiles are Ordnance D3. Each missile makes D3 large blasts when fired. Would it be better for you to re-roll scatter for the D3 large blasts or would it be more beneficial if the rule allowed the Manticore to instead re-roll the D3 on the amount of large blasts it drops.
>>
>>49738241
Since it's multiple barrage, you only re-roll for the first blast, then flip the blast the direction of the scatter. But the accuracy for hitting that single blast when you're usually going to be scattering full 2d6 is really helpful.

Really though, its the Ignores Cover that makes the Manticore worth taking in that formation, not the TL.
>>
>>49738128
Yes, it's the shitty old one we abandoned but whiny bitches can't handle Epub format so they cling to it.

You have to make a mega account and log in to use it.

Alternatively there's >>49737096
>>
>>49738167
most of us are noobies, but the guy who's advising us is a veteran who's played basically everything and he seems to have a "you don't need handicaps, everything can work if you make it" approach to the game from what ive gathered so not following the rules as intended is in no way a possibility.

>>49738178
that's all i do, i focus victory points and my force gets smashed to the point where they can just take all the VP they want while i struggle because by turn 2 my force is half the size.

>>49738224
i've been trying to build lists on my own, i'm not the best, i've been using a daemon prince, 6 bikers, 6 chosen, 2 units of 10 marines in a rhino as well as a forgefiend, leaning as much as i can to mark of Tzeentch for the invuln save because so much AP3 or better on his side.
>>
>>49738213
Nah it doesnt. It just specifies Astra Militarum faction. And IA1 Imperial Guard units are Astra Militarum.
>>
>>49738212
You know, you trolls like to shittalk everyone but you know if CSM gets a boost that makes them OP as fuck you will ALL be rolling them just to buy into the flavour of the month shit.
>>
>>49737234
>time limited MTO flavours of the month to drive up panic sales
Yup, sounds exactly like GW.
>>
>>49738283
Oh sick, I can use my autocannon chimeras then?
>>
>>49737234
Went to my loacl GW with this list and they confirmed it.
>>
>>49738287
But I play Daemons, Anon. If CSM get an update, great, I'll take some as allies.

If not I don't give a shit I have Daemons to spam.
>>
>>49738280
What points value do you play at? Got a copy of the last list you brought to the tabletop?
>>
>>49738308
>tfw the one faction that you're supposed to be bros with treats you like a nasty cumstain on a wedding dress.
>>
>>49737234
What happened to Karskin
>>
>>49738266
>you only re-roll for the first blast

Sure. The question is whether to make sure that blasts has a better chance of hitting something or getting more than 1 blasts to the target.
>>
File: bloodletternoalpha.jpg (130KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
bloodletternoalpha.jpg
130KB, 700x700px
>>49738319
>actually believing you traitors are anything more than tools to be used as the will of the gods demands
Get a load of this heretic. I bet he misses his Anathema giving him a pat on the back and telling him he's important for a plan that he never spills the beans on
>>
>>49738332
Finecast re-release of their old sculpts.
>>
>>49738333
I would say making sure the blasts have a better chance of hitting something. But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>49738296
Kinda. But just dont be dick about it since IA1 is a bit outdated: most units there are older version of stuff in codex and such 10-20pts cheaper. So use somekind of discretion. Personally if the option is available in parent codex, i use that unit. But if not (for example autocannon chimera and manticore missile manticore) then I'll use IA.
>>
>>49737128
Can we please let this AoE meme die?
GW employees, rumormongerers, TTG newssites (not that those are anything but clickbait) and everyone else who has spoken about 8th edition have all been very clear: the 40k setting is not going to end in any way shape or form, this isn't the endtimes: 40k edition, and 8th will be a slimming down of the rules, but nothing even close to AoS level. More like the transition from 2nd edition to 3rd most likely.
>>
File: list.png (232KB, 676x3802px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
232KB, 676x3802px
>>49738310
we're not playing formations at the moment, we've been playing about 2 weeks not and the guy who's been advising us as we learn said for now while we pick up the rules just go with HQ 2 troops no more than 3 elite/heavy/fast and no more than 1,000pts to keep things simple. from what i've seen so far i'm scared to move into formations because i feel like the hurts gonna get worse from the eldar.

Be gentle with the list.
>>
>>49737557
>Dozens of competitive Chaos Space Marine and Ork lists that no one can ever remember after seeing them.
You mean stuff like kabal star for CSM (which is in fact really fucking good) or the custom mek stompa for orks (not nearly as good)
>>
>>49738358
My personal take on it is to use the current Chimera rules but pay 5pts for the upgrade as per IA... is that me being a dick about it?
>>
>>49738202
Jeeze, that's fucking brutal.
looks liek you get a discount on manicores with storm eagle rockets eeings as they're 170 in the AM book.
>>
File: file.png (23KB, 228x771px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
23KB, 228x771px
>>49738373
This will reduce your lists size by about 70%.
>>
Knight Errant 75 USD shipped or Knight Warden 100 shipped. Is the extra weapon options worth 25 extra bucks?
>>
>>49738415
You the guy who wanted to magnetize them all?

Absolutely yes.
>>
>>49738337
FUCK YOU you flaming piece of shit!!!1
>>
>>49738415
>Is the extra weapon options worth 25 extra bucks?
You money, your army, do you want them?
>>
>>49738373
Off the top of my head:
You need wings on your DP and special weapons on your power armor dudes. Your DP is a sitting duck without wings and without special weapons your marines have no punch.

Mark of Tzeentch isn't good on units without existing invuln saves.

Strange that there's that artificial restriction of only 3 elites/FA/HS for a group that wants to stick to the rules.
>>
>>49738415
You asked this last thread with a good few responses if I remember.

If you are going to use the extra weapons to have different loadouts then definitely get the warden.
>>
>>49738441
>Strange that there's that artificial restriction of only 3 elites/FA/HS for a group that wants to stick to the rules.

To be fair a single 5th-style CAD is a reasonable way for new players to get to grips with the game and does help to cut down on the cheese.
Except of course with FUCKING Eldar where even their basic Troops choice is dripping with that shit.
>>
>>49738398
No thats 100% sensible and fair. In fact because this hobby is full of autistic retards thats like 110% sensible and fair approach.
>>
>>49737009
Renegades and Heretics (1849/1850pt.)

The Purge

HQ

Renegade Command Squad (105pt.)
>Arch-demagogue; Ordnance Tyrant; Covenant of Nurgle; Caparace armour;
>Command net vox;
>Flamer;
>Mortar;

Elites

Renegade Strike Battery (220pt.)
>4x Renegade Wyvern; Heavy flamer;

Renegade Strike Battery (220pt.)
>4x Renegade Wyvern; Heavy flamer;

Renegade Heavy Ordnance Battery (97pt.)
>Medusa siege gun;
>8x Renegade Crew; Sub-flak armour;

>Medusa siege gun;

>Medusa siege gun;

>Medusa siege gun;

Troops

Renegade Mutant Rabble (185pt.)
>Mutant Champion; Melta bombs; Covenant of Nurgle;
>49x Mutant; Sub-flak armour;

Renegade Mutant Rabble (185pt.)
>Mutant Champion; Melta bombs; Covenant of Nurgle;
>49x Mutant; Sub-flak armour;

Renegade Infantry Veterans (60pt.) Deep Strike special rule;
>5x Renegade Veteran; Meltagun;

Heavy support

Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery (84pt.) Militia training;
>3x Rapier; Laser destroyer array;
>6x Renegade Crew

>6x Renegade Crew

>6x Renegade Crew

>6x Renegade Crew

Fortification

Imperial Bastion (150pt.) Ammunition Dump; Tanglewire (x4); Barricades (x2); Ammo Store;
>>
>>49738481
>8 Wyverns
>>
How do Genestealer Cults perform against other armies?
>>
>>49738415
Without them you can only make the Paladin (battle cannon) and Errant (melta cannon) with a chainsword and shoulder heavy stubber. The sprues give you the Warden Gatling cannon, shoulder meltagun, fist and all the carapace weapons.

It all depends on what you want to make. The shoulder melta is quite easy to fabricate without, as are some of the carapace weapons. Just put a TL autocannon or a rocket pod on there. If you don't want a Gatling gun or a fist, you can live without the sprue.
>>
>>49738497
Huh, my first reading of it was

>12 Rapier Lasers
>>
>>49738481
>My Turns Will Take Literally Hours: The Movie: The Video Game: The Army List
>>
File: Chaos knightw.png (748KB, 1200x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos knightw.png
748KB, 1200x1050px
Who else /CheatinHeretic/ here?

>Pay for 15 Cultists, take 20
>Give them all autoguns for nothing because they shouldn't cost anything anyway
>Never pay for marks on heroes
>Pay for the Aura, but use the Sigil 4++
>Never mention the roll a 1 lose a wound part of Daemon-forge
>Take Reapers on my Terminators for free because they are shit anyway but i like the model
>Constantly fluff the boon table (This even easier with the new Warband)
>Tfw none of my opponents play Chaos so no one calls me out on this shit.

This is how i fixed CSM.

I recommend all Ork players do the same.
>>
File: GSC 500.png (49KB, 676x872px) Image search: [Google]
GSC 500.png
49KB, 676x872px
>>49737440
If you want to do subterranean upraising at such a low point level, I think you should go all in with the uprising. Also I don't care for the trucks.
>>
>>49738509
I didn't make it that far Anon.
>>
>>49738499

Hard counter vs Eldar.
>>
>>49737635

Dark Heresy lists multiple influential companies operating in the Calixis sector
>>
>>49738499

Things that will fuck you:

Heavy air prescence, especially anti-horde air.

"I catered this list against you bitch" levels of flamer spam or other anti-horde overwatch.

Things that are better at melee than you, either by higher initiative or good invulnerable saves.

Dark Eldar.

Other than that, you're an effective melee horde list which can cross the board no sweat.
>>
>>49738513
They know, anon, they know. It's like in families where you never tell the retarded child he's retarded.
>>
>>49738499
Almost Hard counter for Eldar and Tau. Gives major problems to some armies. Some armies can deal with them just fine. They cant deal well with deathstars.

All-in-all they are solid tier2 army. Something that people never expected in their wildest dreams.
>>
>>49738457
Except we're not in 5th anymore. But yeah, I can understand the reasoning behind it.
>>
File: 1456049001296.png (236KB, 460x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456049001296.png
236KB, 460x1000px
>>49738540
>Dark Eldar.

Explain.
>>
File: list.png (51KB, 676x990px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
51KB, 676x990px
>>49738441
>Strange that there's that artificial restriction of only 3 elites/FA/HS for a group that wants to stick to the rules.
It was heavily implied that this is just while we learn the rules, when we have a good grip on things we stop doing this.

Also i've taken out the chosen because i didn't really see them doing too much work for me, I've got 122pts left after removing them and adding wings, do you have any suggestions on what i should add or upgrade?
>>
>>49738547
>Some armies can deal with them just fine.
Who?

And don't say "Ork walkers"
>>
>>49738565
Get some special weapons on your dudes. Plasma/melta can really help them out and turn them into versatile threats.

Against wraithspam you don't get grav so you'll have to make do with plasmaspam.
>>
File: Not Havocs.png (341KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Not Havocs.png
341KB, 600x620px
>>49738544
More like: They know and don't dare let on for it would break my heart. Actually the local KDK player gives me a knowing look when i roll on the Boon table, but we're in the same boat.

I am but a humble servant of the dark gods tending to my meme-army.
>>
>>49738521
>>49738540
>>49738547

Interesting, I expected them to be crappy and reliant on underpowered gimmicks. Thanks.
>>
>>49738563
Corpse thief claw + dark artisan destroys cults, there is no way for them to deal with so many monstrous creatures with that good feel no pain.
>>
>>49738547

Tau can just spam interceptors, don't they?
>>
>>49738599
Can't the gsc just Snip 'em?
>>
>>49738583
Imperial Deathstars, Chaos deathstars, Daemons (deathstars), Gladius Battle Companies.

I guess corsairs would also give them major problems if their Reckless Abandon isnt comped.
>>
>>49738599
>You can win if you play Codex: Corpsethief Claw
O-oh.
Well that's still good to know.
>>
>>49738344
You lost me at finecast.
>>
>>49738563

All the other reasons I explained, but especially the Razorwing spam every DE player takes. Them monoscythe missiles are fucking nasty on less than marine quality infantry.

Also, their boats. You'll struggle to pop those at range, and when you can-open them in melee the unit inside has plenty of time to react to your non-consolidating ass. Even Wytches are a bit of a problem for their cost, with that 4++ and boats meaning they'll always get the charge off.
>>
>>49738426
>>49738432
>>49738446

My only other question is a choppy titan viable by itself or is that something works better in pairs or trios?
>>
>>49738583
Space marines, any list that runs deathstars, daemons.
>>
>>49738614
That ONLY kicks if if they manage to cause a wound through their FnP and even then ONLY if they fail a toughness test on the roll of a 6.

Meanwhile corpse thief claw is blitzing everyone within range with a shit load of s7 ap2 attacks at higher initiative and fear with a -2 leadership penalty.
>>
>>49738603
Yes but that wont help them against 1st turn charges. And those 1st turn charges WILL happen if GSC list is built right. MSU+sub.assault seems to be the way to go since it gives multiple opportunities for those precious 1st turn charges.
>>
>>49738630
The Gallant is the only real choppy titan you can make.

Everything else, even including a Crusader, has a powerful enough ranged weapon that it's an all-rounder at worst.

To answer your question, yes the Gallant does struggle to make its points back sometimes. If you just want something choppy and don't much care about guns, you are likely better served with a Paladin or Warden. -1A for not having two weapons is completely worth taking for the amazing takes-all-comers guns those two wield, and lets them remain credible threats as they move up the field. In melee you still have the D and Stomp which is usually always enough except against really nasty deathstars and other Titans your Knight will always lose against sword and board Wraithknight and Knight vs Knight fights tend to end with them both punching each other out in one turn in my experience
>>
>>49738603
They have interceptor and units other than the one charged is allowed to overwatch, boosting overwatch with any markerlights that may be on them.

I really don't think cults will be a threat to "serious" tau lists but at this point it's just theory craft, no one has played any real games yet.
>>
>>49738654
>And those 1st turn charges WILL happen if GSC list is built right.
Not if the opponent built their list right.
Mainly by taking some servoskulls.
Though that's mostly for armies of the imperium.
>>
>>49738599
Corpsethief claw will have hard time against First Curse, even more if Patriarch rolls some good buffs for the unit/himself.
>>
>>49738565
Good call on cutting out the footslogging Chosen.

Max melta guns on your marines and bikers (2 on each squad) will cost 60 points.

You can give your bikers Mark of Nurgle to get them to T6, that will cost 30 points.

Consider making your DP a daemon of Nurgle for the shrouded jink.

The Black Mace is a good choice on a DP as he makes it AP2 due to being a monstrous creature. It will cost you 45 points. You're now 13 points over, it's up to you now to decide what you want to cut and/or what else you might want to fit in.
>>
>>49738671
Servo skulls don't effect cult ambush, stop spreading this shit meme.
>>
>>49738565
Special weapons on the CSM; flamers for hordes, plasma for MEQ; give the biker champion a power lance, ditch his combi-bolter unless you want to make it a combi-melta. Meltaguns for the bikers to fuck over tanks. Take some Spawn if you like to give the DP ablative wounds that can keep up.
>>
>>49738671
>Mainly by taking some servoskulls.
Servoskulls dont affect Cult Ambush.
Dont care about what you say, thats how we ruled it so thats how we'll play it and thats how we'll design our lists in our meta.
We thought that 34pts model shouldnt autocrush whole army and after GSC those inquisitors would be autoinclude in every list.
>>
File: Khorne bikers.png (2MB, 1105x809px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne bikers.png
2MB, 1105x809px
GSC Should get shitfucked by Khorne Daemonkin according to the theoryhammer in my head

>Stealers actively deploy in your face like a dream come true
>Psykers everywhere (Gorepack says hello)
>Possessed Tax is gonna see combat, and actually win
>Skull cannons
>Everyone can fight back
>Cheap 8 man flamer cultists, also bubble-wrap
>Few units give a shit about rending
>Counter-attack all over the place

What can even touch a Soulgrinder beyond the odd mining lazer or Goliath? it's torrent flamer will wipe out entire squads.

Bring it on, i say. Can't wait to see these guys on the field
>>
>>49738671
>>49738686
>>49738688
Has this been FAQed yet? I remember all the GSCucks fucking bitching about whether or not it worked on cult ambush but much like most other discussion about GSC these arguments have just disappeared recently.
>>
>>49738689
>What can even touch a Soulgrinder beyond the odd mining lazer or Goliath?
Every single melee-unit in GSC has rending. Also those melee units will be usually sporting 1-2 chainfists.
>>
>>49738686
They very clearly do. They prevnt infiltrators, and cult ambush on turn one requires that the unit use infiltrate, making it an infiltrator.
This is very simple, anyone who denies it has no basis for it.
>>
>>49738671
>Mainly by taking some servoskulls.
Saying this doesn't make it true.
>>
>>49738695
Naw it hasnt been. People just got bored of arguing and thats fine.
>>
>>49738688
In what world is denying turn one charges autocrushing?
>>
File: servo shitters BTFO.jpg (93KB, 1000x836px) Image search: [Google]
servo shitters BTFO.jpg
93KB, 1000x836px
>>49738695
Sort of.
>>
>>49738687
>power lance
Don't troll this guy.

How are spawn supposed to keep up with a zooming DP who flies off the board whenever he gets in trouble?

I missed the combi-bolter on the biker champ, that should definitely be taken out. It is useless as you already come with a TL bolter on the bike.
>>
>>49738700

Well, dual-flamer shotgun cultists don't have rending I guess.
>>
File: Toyota wars.jpg (186KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Toyota wars.jpg
186KB, 630x420px
African Millitia Regiment, rough outline.

Company command squad in a taurox (technical) with some weapons

Veterans in a taurox (techincal) armed to the teeth

Platoon command squad in a taurox (technical) with some weapons
Infantry squad in a taurox (technical) with some weapons
Infantry squad in a taurox (technical) with some weapons
50 Conscripts probably with a priest
5x Heavy weapons squads with missile launchers (massed RPG attack)

3x 3 Scout sentinels (more technicals)

Question is, do I give the sentinels autocannons or stick with the multilasers? Autocannons will be easier since they'll be 1/35 Toyotas with Catachan heavy weapons teams in them.
>>
>>49738711
No, they very clearly don't. Units brought in via cult ambush are 'ambushing', not infiltrating.
>>
>>49738716
Denying it doesn't make it any less true.
>>
>>49738731
Hey buddy, power lances are cool as fuck weapons and more people should use them.
>>
>>49738736
They have to "infiltrate" to use cult ambush.
Not have infiltrate, but actually do the act of infiltrating. Therefore they are in fact infiltrating.
>>
>>49738737
Here's your (you) now please, fuck off.
>>
>>49738747
Yeah, in casual games maybe. Not when he needs to optimize his CSM list against WAAC-fags.
>>
File: 1284795833483.jpg (36KB, 283x397px) Image search: [Google]
1284795833483.jpg
36KB, 283x397px
>>49738750
>>49738736
OH GOD IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!

WHY?

WHY IS IT HAPPENING AGAIN?
>>
>>49738771
Because GW rules are ambiguous.
>>
>>49738768
You can never optimize CSMs enough to play on the same level as WAACs, it's a losing battle.
>>
>>49738771
Because, despite all their years of experience, GW are shit at writing rules.
>>
File: list.png (63KB, 676x1142px) Image search: [Google]
list.png
63KB, 676x1142px
>>49738584
>>49738678
>>49738687
this look a bit better?
>>
>>49737524
My base r&oh list is the unending host formation of about 180 guys at 1000 pts that I add on to if we play higher points values.
>>
>>49738614

Good luck getting them to fail a toughness test.
>>
>>49738771
Because both sides have valid arguements, and which side is correct has massive implications.
>>
>>49738689

Man why do bike units always have such fucking awesome art for them?
>>
>>49738782
I don't deny that, but that's what he's doing and he did ask for help. We did warn him earlier in the thread.
>>49738798
Not the fucking power lance. They are a joke, literally any other power weapon is better.
Why are you taking a combi-melta on your marines when you can take a second melta gun instead? I'd also much rather have the black mace on the DP instead of extra ccws and a fucking power lance, seriously...
>>
>>49738727
Great, your formation is protected.
You can spam that then.
>>
>>49738838
But yes, it does look better.
>>
>>49738700
Rending Yeah but every unit is like 5 toughness 3 dudes, MSU is the key to GSC and no one's going to spend 25 pts for those shitty Mining Saws come on.

Worse case
>Get charged by some Hybrids
>They eat a harvest cannon and S6 Flamer Overwatch, killing 2 on average
>Fear check (Are they fearless?)
>They might hit on 3's
>S4 + rending cannot touch a AV13 Walker (It's only +d3 right?)
>Any Mining saws just get smashed to death on the counter-attack, especially if they fail a fear test.

What's the Leadership of most GSC? I'm guessing 7, but if they are army-wise fearless then ignore these points.
>>
>>49738599
doesn't rending bypass toughness and feel no pain
>>
>>49738867
T yes, FNP no.
>>
>>49738861

8 base, 9 with a leader, +1 in a brood cycle.

Fearless within 12 of a Patriarch, Zealot in a Doting Throng formation.

Genecults have moderate but easily buffed LD, basically.
>>
>>49738798
Take a look at the other lists in this thread using green text. This is how lists should be posted here, usually Battlescribe uploads get little attention.
>>
>>49737009
I must ne out of loop. What's going on with sisters?
>>
>>49738861
S4+d6+d3 = 13. And few units will be sporting those saws because knights and such do exist. Going through av13 in melee is a bit tedious with S4 and rending so there needs to be answer for it.

Also they are ld8, Fearless near Patriarch, WS4 so hit on 3+ and if within Primus they'll have Hatred. Also being near iconward gives them furious charge.

So if everything goes to plan (and 2 die to overwatch)... 2 guys almost manage to punch a hullpoint off the thing. Then the grinder punches back and kills ~2 guys. Then the guy with Saw strikes and does ~1-2 pens after 5++.

All in all: Soulgrinder should be able to handle one unit of acolytes. Multiple units would be a major problem.
>>
File: 1362991664935.gif (127KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1362991664935.gif
127KB, 500x375px
New player here.

Can I field a "Black Crusade Detachment" and an allied detachment of Daemons?
>>
>>49738861

Most of them are LD8 and can go up to 9 with a sarge, all of their HQs are LD10, and Patriarch has a Fearless bubble. A formation also gives the Magus in it a 12" Zealot bubble.
>>
>>49738874
huh, you're right

was it 5th that had fnp not work against low-AP weapons?
>>
>>49738920
You can do anything
>>
>>49738861

>Nobody's going to spend 25 points on Knight-obliterating weapons, come on!

2 power/chain/snipfists per 5 models is pretty good for taking out Wraithknights too.
>>
>>49738886
Mm, better than i expected.

Well, cannot rely on fear too much unless the Patriarch is taken down i guess. That's fine i'm looking forward to fighting them.

>>49738821
I know right, that picture made me purchase a biker-unit and convert that Khorne guy.
>>
>>49738912
Watch the latest Warhammer TV video on Facebook, not sure if it's on Youtube yet.
>>49738920
Yes.
>>
>>49738912
This AND ONLY THIS there was a video where GW confirmed the plastic 1kson and Magnus leaks and at the end of the video a joke is made about plastic Sisters being in the "not released yet" bit. A JOKE. I'm not that hopeful...
>>
So is the spray painted cult symbol on the Goliath Truck a transfer?
>>
>>49738925
No FNP back then.

Necrons Reanimation failed against weapons that caused ID or denied them an armour save (unless in range of spiders/resurrection orb).
>>
>>49738143
Your friends are assholes & Eldar Douche is Faggot Prime.

He literally could not be using a more overpowered, undercosted list, & fuck every chump who is enabling his petulant power-gaming against two of the most underpowered armies in the game.

Challenge him to an army-swap battle & let him feel the utter desolation of watching his forces get wiped without resistance because GW cannot into balance. I cannot recommend this highly enough. He will either A) see the error of his ways, or B) become a denialist faggot in the face of overwhelming evidence of Eldar brokenness--he'll have to live with the knowledge that he's more or less a douchebag & constantly try to ignore it, or he'll be cool & realize what a dick he was being.
>>
For any Guard player here - is there any reason to ever replace the multilaser on the Chimera?
>>
>>49737234
NO MORE EBAY AND STRIPPING FOR MEEEEE
>>
>>49738967
Only if it's with an autocannon (IA1 2nd Edition)
>>
>>49738967
Flamer for dual flamerspam
Autocannon for +1S AP4 (for AV12 enemies if you really see a lot of them)

Usually no though. Multilaser is a damn fine default weapon.
>>
>>49738973
You gonna pay retail for finecast?
>>
>>49738955
>No FNP back then.
FNP was from 4th edition

and yeah I just cracked by 5th ed book, FNP couldn't be taken against ap1/2 and anything that didn't allow armour saves (including power weapons, because they still ignored all armour saves back then)
>>
>>49738912
>>49738938

If you watched the video it's clearly facetious. Really not worth even entertaining let alone getting worked up over
>>
File: qRcdZ.jpg (170KB, 727x924px) Image search: [Google]
qRcdZ.jpg
170KB, 727x924px
>>49738920

Consult the chart.
>>
>>49738955

He's not talking about Necrons specifically, just Feel No Pain.

And yes, it was 5th edition where AP1 and 2 wounds could not be saved by FnP.
>>
>>49738735
Don't take this as /pol/, but have you considered fielding them as orks? They have the shitty BS and leadership of poorly trained soldiers, and the ork rules are literally made to represent vehicles that are usually a civilian vehicle with a massive gun strapped to it.
>>
>>49738982
We'll wait and see how they come out.
>>
>>49738913
>>49738929
Oh yeah i blanked on the S4+d6+d3 thing, don't know why. I can see why you would take the mining saws now, i just heard they were 25Pts, assumed that would put people off.

Would 'Crushers be useful? Spawn will just get beaten down at I3 WS3, but at least a Bloodcrusher would swing at the same time, whilst being WS5. At least both have no armour to ignore.
>>
>>49738695
> "cuck"
>>>>>>>/pol/
>>
File: 1367368396062.jpg (20KB, 204x194px) Image search: [Google]
1367368396062.jpg
20KB, 204x194px
>>49739010
>actually recommending anyone counts-as Orks

You're one sadistic sonovagun aren't you.
>>
File: 1475312791454.png (558KB, 678x517px) Image search: [Google]
1475312791454.png
558KB, 678x517px
Does the Syder gain reanimation protocol when its part of the Necron Canoptek Harvest?
>>
>>49737119
Personally I'd drop the second assault squad for a bike squad with grav and put the Chaplain on a bike.
>>
>>49739020
I think your best bet would be doggies. WS5, S4-5 and I5 will all be crucial against your basic GSC chaps that have WS4, T3 and I4. But against metamorphs (potential I6) and Purestrains (I6) they'll get mulched down.
>>
>>49738974
>>49738977
Thanks for that. I had been considering the Autocannon but I don't think it'll be necessary.
>>
File: allies-chart (1).jpg (88KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
allies-chart (1).jpg
88KB, 720x450px
>>49739001
That's the wrong chart. Use this one.
>>
>>49739020

Oh, saws are absolutely a trap option if you do something like three units with two saws. That's a shit ton of points on T3 models.

But in moderation? Excellent tool for cracking a few tough nuts with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>49739028
Well he's probably running a fluff list already, but yeah I'm not going to pretend orks aren't liquified taint.
>>
>>49739054
Who buys Saws? You just summon them.
>>
>>49738928
>>49738934
Thanks.
>>49739001
I understand they're Battle Brothers I just don't understand Detachments yet. Is the Black Crusade Detachment considered a Primary Detachment? I guess the loyalist counterpart would be "can I use the Fist of Medusa Strike Force with an allied detachment of Imperial Guard"?
>>
>>49738735
R&H would work for this; you can field field outdated vehicles (and even civilian craft), troops of various loyalty, and mercenaries.
>>
>>49739070

Not everyone is running more than two psykers, and Biomancy is pretty great too for some builds.
>>
>>49739074
Only if you put a warlord in it.
>>
Man, I really suck a playing IG. In round 3 or 4 the enemy is always in my deployment zone and slaps my tanks to death in melee like they are made of playdoh. I really have problems to destroy them before they can reach me. Do you guys have some general tips to improve my game? It seems like I'm missing something.
>>
>>49739096
What are you facing? What are you failing to kill and what are you dying to?

What list are you running?
>>
>>49739096
>It seems like I'm missing something.
A 7th edition metagame army
>>
File: 1475859886431.jpg (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475859886431.jpg
60KB, 800x600px
Which are the potential allies for the Genestealers?
>>
Hey guys, how would you determine the price for painting some models? I want to commission some work. One guy is charging 150 for painting/magnetizing/basing models. The other guy is charging 300 (with some minor conversions). Here's the guy charging 150. cornertablestudios com

This guy is charging 300.
face book com/perpetualpainting
>>
>>49739094
So this would be legal?
>Fist of Medusa Strike Force:
>Battle Demi-Company (Warlord goes here)
>Storm Wing

>Secondary Detachment
>Astra Militarum
>1 HQ, 0-2 Troops, 0-1 Elite, 0-1 Fast Attack, -01 Heavy Support
>>
>>49739096
IG has some serious problems if they play like your regular ol' guard. They start working a bit better when you mix in allies and start taking good options from FW.

Vultures and Malcador Infernus, man.
>>
>>49739096
Post list and local meta
>>
>>49739135
Like the orks you get one unreliable AoC ally, in your case Real Nids, the othe rarmies hate you even more.
>>
>>49738234
Old WW2 crumbling Russain bunkers make a perfect setting. Looks like they have a blast filming it.
>>
File: detach.jpg (131KB, 637x619px) Image search: [Google]
detach.jpg
131KB, 637x619px
>>49739074
This is a kind detachment. Black Crusade and Fist of Medusa are "decurions" a sum of formations.
You can mix detachments and formations or unbound and formations but not detachments and unbound.
>>
>>49739135

Tyranids and IG, AoC.
>>
>>49739048
Of course, the classic Flesh hound is the answer to most problems.

So the next issue is beating a Patriarch in combat, because i have to face him down as a Khorne player.

I like to run a Chaos Lord with Axe of Khorne (Ap2 at initiative, 6's Instant death) and a 4++ but of course, i understand he will be torn apart, but he could probably seek out the Primus and take him down.

I pair him with a Herald on juggernaut, typically just a Khorne-collar for some anti-psyker. He's WS7, but only Initiative 6, I'm guessing a Patriarch is faster.

I never get to use my DP model enough. Would a Prince work well? I do have the option of giving him FNP+Eternal via a relic
>>
>>49739138
Charging 150 for what you fucking idiot?

1 marine? 20 marines? A fucking knight?

>he's charging 150

Okay it's a good deal or it's not I'll never know
>>
>>49739185
forget to take your midol?
>>
>>49737009
>Plastic Sisters? Ordos Erectus Edition
All of my YES. I want to believe.
>>
Is it true Grey Knights may get a release soon?

New, useful formations would go a long way to making the champions of ward useable. Or does everyone still hate them?
>>
>>49739207
No.
>>
>>49739138

They both look like cerebral palsy victims who can barely manage tabletop quality with the assistance of an airbrush on large size models.

Also what the other guy said, what the fuck are these rates for?
>>
>>49739143
>Malcador Infernus
Not him but no. Please no.
I LOVE the Infernus model but its rules seem just so disgustingly horrifying I've refused to even buy one let alone use it.

How good is the Vulture by the way? Can I run it with Punishers and have a blast or do I have to take from the other options if I want it to not suck?
>>
>>49738497
Is this too much or not enough?

>>49738509
Why not, they are super cheap.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 766x1024px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 766x1024px
>>49739138
>cornertablestudios com
>150$

Well we know he'd running a no-profit business there, from the looks of it he spends that much on paint for each model.
>>
So i thought of getting Lord Solar Macharius with the made to order deal , because i love the model, is he any good? because i would start an small IG force if im going to get him
>>
I call this one: Bugs With a Bomb

Genestealer Cult - Cult Insurrection Detachment

>Lord of the Cult - 125pts
Patriarch, 2 Familiars, Mastery Level 2

>Neophyte Cavalcade 967pts
18 Neophytes w/ Shotguns
1 Neophyte w/ Flamer
Neophyte Leader w/ Bolt Pistol and Chain-sword
Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer

18 Neophytes w/ Shotguns
1 Neophyte w/ Flamer
Neophyte Leader w/ Bolt Pistol and Chain-sword
Chimera w/ Heavy Flamer

3 Leman Russ w/ Heavy Stubber, 2x Heavy Bolter

3 Armored Sentinel w/ Lascannons

>Shadow Skulkers 340pts
20 Purestrain Genestealers w/ Scything Talons

Astra Militarum - Allied Detachment

>HQ 65 pts
Lord Commissar

>Troops 80pts
7 Veterans w/ Forward Sentries
Veteran Heavy Bolter Team
Veteran Sergeant

>Heavy Support 175pts
Deathstrike

1752pts over all

My plan is: Stick the Commissar and the Veterans in front of the Deathstrike, send in Neophytes, Shadow Skulkers and Patriarch to tie up enemies, then nuke the shit out of them.

Thoughts?
>>
>>49739259
>How good is the Vulture by the way? Can I run it with Punishers and have a blast or do I have to take from the other options if I want it to not suck?

Good, bad, who cares?
You bring the Brrrrrrrt.
>>
>>49737066
They looked like complete shit and since 7th changed incerptor/skyfire shenanigans they're rules have been shit.
>>
File: 1476145941079.png (82KB, 566x474px) Image search: [Google]
1476145941079.png
82KB, 566x474px
>>49739264
>Is this too much or not enough?
>>
>>49739278
Holy shit
At least he has some fucking highlighting in there the rest of it looks like something he left unfinished because he just ran out of paint
>>
File: SAM_2353.jpg (868KB, 1792x1344px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_2353.jpg
868KB, 1792x1344px
>>49739278
Yup, even letting you keep the flash on the dozer blade on this one
>>
>>49739185
>>49739278
>>49739217

Whoops. Sorry about that. 20 Terminators, 2 Commissars. 2 Chimeras. Space Marine Chaplin, Space Marine Captain, Librarian, and CREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>49737388
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Valhallan-Squad
>>
>>49739259
Punishers are the good option, with vector dancer it becomes one of the most devastating aircraft hunters in the game.
>>
>>49739320
Id pay 150 for all that
>>
>>49739096
You need to bublewrap your tanks with more guardsmen than you are currently using.
>>
File: perpetual painting.jpg (62KB, 751x960px) Image search: [Google]
perpetual painting.jpg
62KB, 751x960px
>>49739138
Mr $300 can't even paint within the lines
>>
>>49739346
I would pay about tree fiddy
>>
File: Awaken Realms.jpg (1MB, 2080x1811px) Image search: [Google]
Awaken Realms.jpg
1MB, 2080x1811px
>>49739138
Why not AwakenRealms?
>>
>>49739320

Breaking it down to like just under $4 per model and $25 per vehicle for the first guy, double that for the other guy.

Some stuff is ok for that price (orks don't look too bad), others, like this beauty >>49739278 are a fucking joke.
>>
>>49739207
Betting they'll get a shitty decurison in either Wulfen 2 or Angels Blade 2. Both have Grey Knights involved.
>>
>>49739371
They came in here once.They bullshitted that customer apparently built the model and asked for it to be painted that way.
>>
>>49739400
I know, that's what makes it classic
>>
What's the recommended app for Android for the epub's?
>>
>>49739416
Kobo
>>
>>49739371

Awaken Realms starts at 8.50/each for Troops at Standard even with the GBP tumbling.

Elites are 15GBP and ICs are like 40GBP for ICs at Standard nevermind High or Top.
>>
>>49739433
Click the image, they're a scam.
>>
>>49739290

>bugs with a bomb
>no demolition claw

Your theming is awful.
>>
Anyone got a dump of the HH audiobooks? When KAT went down lots of torrent links for it all died
>>
>>49739285
I got the old metal model for like 2€ some years ago. Been planning on using him as my 30k Army commander. Just waiting for Army to get rules other than PDF and Stormies.

Ruleswise he hasn't been in the game for ages. Would make a nice commander, though you'd better make him fit in with the rest of the army.
>>
>>49739400

Wasn't that long ago either, someone dig up the thread and add it to the screen cap.
>>
>>49739138
Check out Siege Studios. He keeps you up to date with WIP pics on Instagram and facebook.
>>
I've had a moment on my toilet, the single best hard counter to stealers dex is ashmantle for salamanders, outside of iron arm there is nothing they can do to him in combat. Due to fearless they can't even flee the combat from our weapons are useless.
Glory to the xviii
>>
>flgs finally got their GSC shipment in, last week and this week's releases at once
>only one neophyte and one acolyte box

Guess I'm getting a Goliath earlier than I planned.
>>
>>49739481
4+d6+d3=13 potential

Still sucks for the GSC
>>
>>49739557
I believe Bray'Arth Ashmantle ignores rending, armorbane, lance,etc

And he has 2 heavy flamers and will not die too, so that's nice.
>>
Has anyone actually played the Cohort Mechanicus Decurion? It seems to me like Mechanicus taken up to 11, with strengths made stronger and weaknesses (Hard to go higher than MSU, squishy Dakka models and poor mobility) exacerbated, but it looks very fun to play at around 2500/3000pts.
>>
I'm just getting interested in teh 40k universe and i'm trying to learn more about the lore. What are some good places to start other than "text-to-speech device" and looking up things on the lexicanum?
Mostly looking for things other than "read all the books" as i'm more interested in the knowledge than the story.
Hope someone can help a shitlord out
>>
>>49739633
Read the rulebook, it's full of fluff, especially the older editions.
Read the codex of the armies you find interesting, again they're full of background info and shit.

TTS is full of shitty memes that just happen to be somewhat accurate and maybe funny don't take it at face value.
>>
>>49737557
>tfw the only games of 40k at my local store are Eldar vs. Knights while all other players stand around scowling
>>
>>49739633
Make an "excuse me commissar" thread for every question that you have.
>>
>>49739657
Thanks!
Yeah, i get that TTS is somewhat silly but atleast it gives a feel for the universe
>>
>>49739586
>Bray'Arth Ashmantle
>>49739557

front armor 13, 4 HP, venerable, extra armour, It Will Not Die and immune to ALL extra dice roll to armor penetration and to all effects that would reduce his armor.
He also has +1 WS and Attacks compared to a normal Venerable Dreadnought and is armed with two DCCW’s with inbuilt Heavy Flamers, which also can count as single Twin-Linked Meltagun. He can also forgo one close combat attack to auto hit anything in base contact with him with a S5 AP4 hit at Initiative 1
>>
>>49739633
>What are some good places to start other than "text-to-speech device" and looking up things on the lexicanum?

Those are not good places, read the rulebooks and codices and maybe some BL stuff like 15 hours, Ciaphas Cain or Space Marine by Ian Watson.
>>
>>49739664
I hope you get colon cancer and your family goes broke trying to pay for your treatment.
>>
>>49739463
Unfortunately more than 7 days ago.
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49554311/#49559304
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49554311/#49559389
>>
>>49738798
>paying for CCW's on special weapon squads that should be riding around shooting stuff
>combi-weapons on the champs instead of an entire special weapon for the exact same cost
JUST
>>
>>49739461
Still thinking how i can make him fit in..
>>
>>49739728
Lord commisar?
>>
>>49739469

Siege is pretty pricey.
>>
>>49739674
Time to pick one up for my GSC matchups
>>
Here's my GSC list. R8/H8. Could use some padding.

CULT OF THE FOUR-ARMED EMPEROR (1815 pts)

>>>Cult Insurrection Detachment

>>Brood Cycle

>Iconward
Icon of the Cult Ascendant

>Metamorphs
Cult Icon
5x Talons

>Acolytes
Cult Icon
5x Autopistol

>Acolytes
Cult Icon
5x Autopistol

>Acolytes
Cult Icon
5x Autopistol

>Neophytes
6x Autogun
2x Grenade Launcher
2x Mining Laser

>Neophytes
6x Autogun
2x Webber
2x Seismic Cannon

>Purestrains
5x Rending Claws

>>First Curse

>Patriarch
ML2
2x Familiar

>Purestrains
20x Rending Claws

>>Subterranean Uprising

>Primus
Sword of the Void's Eye

>Aberrants
4x Hammer

>Acolytes
Cult Icon
4x Flamer
>Leader
Lash/sword

>Acolytes
Cult Icon
4x Flamer
>Leader
Lash/sword

>Metamorphs
Cult Icon
4x Whip
>Leader
Lash/sword

>>Doting Throng

>Magus
ML2
2x Familiar
The Crouchling

>Acolytes
Cult Icon
5x Autopistol

>Acolytes
Cult Icon
5x Autopistol

>Neophytes
Cult Icon
5× Shotgun
2x Flamer
2x Stubber
>Leader
Webber
Maul
>>
>>49738838
>literally any other power weapon is better
On anything else, yes, but I'd make a case for Bikers making lances vaguely useful, since they're one of the few CSM units that can reliably get the charge and break an enemy unit in one turn of combat. Axes are just a poor-man's power fist, and mauls are AP4 all the time.
>>
Spoke to my LGW manager today. Interestingly he said that the new Thousand Sons incoming are substantially bigger than regular marines (he gestured about WHF Ogre-sized, however unreliable that may be). Some new lore behind that?

He also said that the mention of plastic SoB was just a joke and that there's no plans for SoB at present. He did hint at Sisters of Silence though.
>>
>>49739750
Well dont make him stick out that much, having him in a group of Cadians kinda seems innapropriate mean there are still super old rules but that should be ok aslong everyone i play with is alright
>>
Anyone know how a Dark Eldar razorwing fighter compares in size to a Tyranid hive crone? I'm thinking about trying to convert one to be all haemonculified for air support for my covens.
>>
>>49739053
>Rolls Imperial Guard into a generic 'imperium' faction just to make Traitor Guard a pain in the dick
>people can laugh and deny your R&H list because ayy lmao it's Forgeworld
>>
>>49738967
If its actually an Inquisition Chimera (a whole different beast) swapping it for a heavy bolter with psybolt amo is technically a bit better (ap 5 vs 6) though its minor enough to not bother with if your turret isn't magnetized.
>>
>>49739858
Ima say all bullshit, some random store manager does not know what is scheduled 2months in advanve
>>
>>49739034
Yes.
>>
>>49739889
Well as much as I hope he's wrong as I'd love new SoB, I don't really see why he'd lie. He's a pretty normal guy and actively wanted to chat about it with me. We'll see I guess.
>>
>>49739858
Even if it was a joke, I think the furor over them now will make them do it.
>>
>>49739109
>>49739148

the local meta is mostly motherfuggin space marines but also CSM who are rushing me with maulerfiends.

My newst list 2000 points (only played one game with it so far) :

Emperors Wrath Artillery (CCS, 1 Basilisk, 1 Wyvern, 1 Manticore)
Pask Vanquisher + Battletank
1 Veterans (Heavy Flamer, Plasma, Melter, Autocannon, forward sentries)
20 guardsman + commisar
Platooncommand
Heavy Weapons team ( 3 Autocannons)
1 Vendetta
1 Stormsword ( with 2 lasercanons with twinlinked flamers)
Aegis Defenseline

I know this list is not really good. please help me to improve.
>>
>>49739871
People can laugh and deny whatever they want for whatever asinine reason they concoct. R&H are just as legal as any other faction.
>>
>>49739184
As a GSC player I really hope you try this and then get angry when whatver chamption you have succeeds in killing a few genestealers.

Pro Tip: We 'Look out Sir' automatically and inside challenges.
>>
>>49739921
I'm referring more to Tsons spontaneously roiding out to the size of an Ogryn
>>
So how will the 1k Sons rules work? Looking at the Magnus box, they are considered a separate faction from vanilla CSM (similar to vanilla loyalists vs space wolves).

Will they get their own codex? Or will their entire ruleset be in Fenris Part 2?
>>
>>49739833
Mauls also have +2 str, making them superior for murdering GEQs. I see your point though.
>>
>>49739951
Oh right. Yeah I agree that's very weird, but that seems like even more of an unlikely thing for him to lie about. He was speaking about it like he'd actually seen the new TSon models. I guess it's possible that he saw some new Tzeentch unit getting included in the TSon + Magnus release and confused it?
>>
>>49739974
Not just GEQs, vehicles get smashed up and it's often better to have the extra strength to land wounds and force saves with a maul vs monsters rather than take a different power weapon and fish for 6s.
>>
>>49739956
Nobody knows. I think it's unlikely that they'd insert the rules for an entire faction inside a campaign supplement, but it's possible.
>>49739951
Maybe he's talking about Rubric Terminators?
>>49739950
GSC should just ignore challenges. It's retarded to think that one combatant is going to follow the challenge while the other guy is continuous throwing chaff in the way.
>>
>>49739989

Might have been rubric terminators, if Thousand Sons are now their own faction then we might see those return.
>>
>>49739956
It will probably work like the demons and it will just be a few new rules and updates to use alongside the vanilla CSM codex.
>>
>>49740012
>I think it's unlikely that they'd insert the rules for an entire faction inside a campaign supplement
white scars, raven guard, the cadians, the assassins....

They'll probably put a daemonkin-esque book out, but recent trends have had entire complete and unique detachment/relic armies in campaign books and only in campaign books.
>>
>>49739858
GW Managers don't know shit
>>
>>49740019
As long as it means 40k Deathshroud termies I'm game.
>>
>>49740036
>White Scars, Raven Guard, Cadians
None of those are their own faction. Try again, numbnuts.

What supplement are Assassins in?
>>
How big do games get for you guys before you look for a bigger table?

We're doing a 6k/6k point game and we decided to try it on an 8x8 and I don't know if it feels too big perse but it definitely feels like we can pretty much skip the assault phase for everything except jet pack unit jumps

should we have done 8x6 or 10x6, or even 8x4? I feel like 4' might be a bit small due to the 6 imperial knights someone fielded
>>
>>49740065
Thousand Sons aren't their own faction, either.
>>
>>49740065
>None of those are their own faction. Try again, numbnuts.
Well then thousand sons aren't their own faction either. They're just chaos space marines.

Literally the same book as the others I listed.
>>
>>49740065
>What supplement are Assassins in?
Mont'ka.

What he means is that these were all supplements containing alternate rules for specific subfactions within the parent codices without actually updating the codex.

Which is what happened with Scars, Raven Guard, Cadians...
>>
>>49740012

>Nobody knows. I think it's unlikely that they'd insert the rules for an entire faction inside a campaign supplement, but it's possible.

GW's options:

1. Release all Thousand Sons rules in the campaign book, an entire faction inside a campaign supplement, which would bulk the supplement up and distract from the normal space dedicated to special scenarios, campaign specific fluff, and things for loyalist factions involved in the warzone.

2. Split Thousand Sons fluff and rules awkwardly between two different books, even though they are a new faction with a relatively small variety of unit choices.

3. Release all Thousand Sons rules in a new codex, and make the campaign supplement only for loyalists(even though it has been advertised as being Wolves vs TSons)

4. Release updated Thousand Sons rules(that also revise Codex: Chaos Space Marines profile) + formations + Magnus rules in the campaign supplement, and then give them a full codex a few months later(after Horus Heresy Prospero stuff is out).

#4 seems the most likely given GW's release style, but who knows.
>>
>>49739926
Is there a quad gun on the ADL?

You have the components for quite a good list, but a few things that are suboptimal.

Priests>Commissars in most situations.

Pask is wasted in a Vanquisher.

Don't mix special weapons in Veteran Squads.

Is there anything that can go in the Vendetta? A Special Weapons Squad fits.

Where are all your points going on? The Stormsword? I don't see how it's reaching 2000 unless there are dedicated transports you're not listing?
>>
>>49740012
>GSC should just ignore challenges. It's retarded to think that one combatant is going to follow the challenge while the other guy is continuous throwing chaff in the way.
Not sorry we don't fight with 'honor'
>>
>>49740109
>#4 seems the most likely given GW's release style, but who knows.
Except they do all of that.

>1
You mean an army with specialist units not found anywhere else and its own decurion or some shit? They've done that a whole bunch. Also, FW makes a living off of pulling this shit.

>2
Just like Tau across the Warzone Damocles boos?

>3
Yeah no. Remind me Anon, when was the last major codex release? Oh yeah, GSC, which were diverse enough to be an entirely different faction and not just a flavor of Nids. Don't count on another flavor of Mariens getting yet another fucking codex, especially if traitor.

>4
Yeah they might do this... Except it will just copypaste the faction rules most likely presented in Fenris 2 supplement. See the recent FSE supplement for Tau. As for base codex updates? Don't hold your breath. You'll get at best
>vehicle squadrons with/without squadron bonuses
>extra wargear/relics
>>
>>49739926
you need a lot more guardsmen. your veteran squad is geared too strangely. I'd run 50 guardsmen (maybe just get an emperors shield platoon) with flamers and a couple squads of veterans with plasmas exclusively or along with flamers. swap the HW teams to HBs, maybe drop the emperors wrath for a couple wyverns and maybe a basilisk and grab another battletank or, better yet, a punisher with HBs. between the stormsword, leman russ, vendetta and potential basilisk you should be fine on anti-armor with range to spare
>>
>>49740167

That's a good point, they neatly combined all the Space Marine supplements into Angels of Death but they haven't done that for other races.

Since the warzone books have contained rules for codex updates, entire new units, as well as new decurions, nothing really stopping them from putting an entire new codex inside one.
>>
>>49740008
The Lance gets +1S on the charge which isn't as tasty as +2 from the maul, but you get AP3; off the top of my head the mathhammer says a lesser To Wound roll is better if they don't get a save out of it, since 1 extra Strength means at best you'd be wounding on 5+ instead of hoping for 6's, but then they get a 3+ save out of it which blows huge holes in your Wound pool. If the target has a 3+/4++ the lance ends up back on par with the maul. That's only rough math in my head though.

Vehicles are a sticky wicket since you've already got melta guns and krak grenades. Basically it's down to what your opponent has, against GEQ the maul will reap bloody ruin, but whether MEQ's get their 3+ save or not makes a significant difference to how many wounds make it through.

Otherwise, just say "fuck it all" and take a power sword for jack-of-all-master-of-none
>>
Does anyone know if the model list which was released up till now for the made to order programm are all that are going to be made
>>
>>49740229
no one knows anything
>>
So, what units should the following join?

Magus
Primus
Iconward?

Patriarch is Genestealers obvs.
>>
Who is ready for the plastic Thousand Sons to be $35-40 USD for five models? Or the plastic Magnus to be $100-130 USD for a single special character?

Because you know that's what GW is going to do, right?
>>
>>49740239
I'm ready for the annoying people to flip immediately from "oh boy [faction] is getting models this is the greatest!" to "FUCK JEW WORKSHOP I'M BUYING CHINA FOREVER" as soon as prices get leaked.
>>
I kinda hope they come up with an actual outfit for Repentia instead of SEXY RAGS MISTRESS WITH A WHIP
>>
>>49740280
It would be cool if they had space habits.
>>
>>49740280
But for people like youe a burlap sack covers in shit and barbwire is "sexy" as long as there's tits inside
>>
>>49739926
I would definitely get yourself some more Guardsmen that is what is distinctly lacking in your list, maybe go full blob guard and make a massive combined squad of 50 guardsmen to maximize FRFSRF OR You could also put your heavy weapons into squads and make a large infantry gun line. Another option is to go fully mechanized and get some Vets + Chimeras, maybe fit them out with Metlaguns and do drivebys.

I would run Pask in a Punisher with an Exterminator for MEQ hunting since that's what you're facing a lot. Use the second battle tank as a heavy support choice.

Grab a second Wyvern and leave the other artillery behind. Maybe even get a second Vendetta to destroy enemy tanks.

You could get a Hellhound or Banewolf to help deal with MEQS.

Honestly it feels like you need to play some lower point matches first and find out what each of your units can do on the field
>>
>>49740167

>another flavor of Mariens

what is Deathwatch?
>>
>>49740229
>all they're going to make
This is pure speculation but from what we've seen I'd guess that they're going to do a rolling roster of MTO availability so they're not constantly chasing down molds for singular orders. Looks like the first wave will be IG.
>amass orders for several OOP Imperial Guard
>MTO factory recieves all the IG molds and a shopping list of how many of what they're making
>IG molds go back at the end of the 'wave' period, they start over with a new truckload of OOP molds and a new shopping list

Considering this is how the majority of factories operate these days it's not a huge stretch. Rather than having a HUGE factory that manufactures EVERYTHING all the time and then needing all the associated warehouse space for your excess stock and trying to match supply with demand, you run one smaller factory with a 'batch' method of operation. That's how the Chinese operate when they rent out manufacturing to companies, one week they're making scooters, the next lawn mowers. It has a longer timeframe between when the customer asks for the product and when they finally get it, but it's much, much more cost effective for small production runs like unique IG squads. GW just can't justify having Mordians sitting around in their warehouse all the time.

Again, pure speculation on my part but there's an existing trend that MIGHT be dictating how they handle MTO.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ7hXMLxGc

So when are the Valhallans getting re-released? Soon this month?
>>
What is the best tanks for punisher pask to take in his squadron? I've been taking battlecannons but they aren't all that impressive and don't gain their points back,

I really just want them as meat Sheilds for pask so I'm thinking one of the cheaper ones since the squadron is so expensive already.
>>
>>49740234
This is all theoretical in my head right now so ymmv.

Magus - I'm taking might inside a Dotting Throng detachment which gives zealot if they wind up in melee. I've also made the (probably bad choice) of tooling up a unit of neophites for close combat (7 shotguns, 2 flamers, champ with power mace + autopistol). The magus will go in there to help (they'll need it).

I'm also taking a Subterranian Uprising formation so my Primus is defiantly going in one of those units. Two of my acolyte squads have saws and are going to be hunting vehicles so he won't join them. Simularly he probably won't join the abbarant since they are going to be using the s8 hammers to hunt something heavy (though if my opponent is using more MCs than vehicles its not a bad choice). The default for me is probably going to be either the claw metamorph squad or the acolyte squad with banner and a leader w/ laswhip / bonesword (yeah I like flashy upgrades).

I'm not sure where to put an Iconberer yet. He could go with the primus - that unit is mostly likely to be getting off the turn 1 charge. Otherwise he might go with either the metamorphs or abbarants.
>>
>>49740309

Just give them somewhat practical clothes that'd be considered plain clothing on a shrine world, but wouldn't provide an actual armour save.

Repentia have been stripped of their uniform, which is the power armour. They don't really need a formal uniform when "is carrying a seven foot fucking chainsword and has an uncomfortably glazed over expression of zealotry" covers it.
>>
>>49740109
>>49740167
>implying they won't do Traitor's Hate/Angel's Blade II: Electric Boogaloo
>some extra formations and relics if you take a 1kS/SW specific detatchment but same basic statline
>i.e. Rubrics will still be shit unless they get some MAJOR buffs with their formations
At which point the Bangles will whinge and cry even more that they got the shittest book evar.
>>
>>49740309
They do in the fluff. Shit's better than most actual armor to boot.

>>49740398
Shitty, poorly-written spinoff codex about loyalists, most of the units from which were simply directly lifted from Codex: Marines and given Sternguard ammo.
>>
>>49740462

How about they fix the Icon of Flame so that it does something, more than an extra S4 AP5 hit or two per S4 AP3 rapid fire shooting attack?
>>
>>49740433
Saturday
>>
>>49740498

How about they fix pink horrors to actually have a fucking shooting attack again instead of an ineffectual psychic power relegating them to summon spam batteries?
>>
>>49740451
I know I'd actually buy them if it were the case.

plastic sort-of ministorum priest-looking models are worth more to me than any other losers of battle
>>
>>49740589

How about they fix Tzeentch CSM psychic powers to not risk killing themselves when summoning new boons, and to have a mandatory primaris power that isn't occasionally strength 2 or 3?
>>
>>49740111
>>49740214
>>49740367

thanks guys. definetly planning on getting more guardsmen and some chimeras. The GSC is getting a chimera and 10 soldiers this weeks. sounds like a good bundle to me.
I was also planning to buy at least one more Aircraft (Vendetta or Vulture).

I also have a Vindicare Assassin but havent played him yet. Whats the opinion on him?
>>
File: Gabriel.png (41KB, 676x949px) Image search: [Google]
Gabriel.png
41KB, 676x949px
1000 pts version of my 1500 army in case 8e fucks me hard. r8?
>>
File: image.jpg (389KB, 1296x1065px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
389KB, 1296x1065px
What position does "The Patriarch's dad" hold in a cult?
>>
>>49740621

How about they make Mark of Tzeentch a 5++ for models with no base invuln save, so it can actually be worth taking on tactical marines, raptors, havocs, chosen and cultists?
>>
>>49740672
The one who doesn't get NOMNOM'D?
>>
>>49740672

I think technically that Neophyte -is- the new Patriarch. He's the genesis point of the cult.
>>
>>49740713

No, because Neophytes are more human than alien. Only a full-blooded Genestealer grows big enough and psychically powerful enough to be a patriarch.
>>
How big must the a ship before its weapons are nuclear-level and higher?
>>
>>49740438
I would say that the Exterminator couples well with Pask. Take both with heavy bolter sponsons and that's a fair headache to infantry.
>>
>>49740749

What, you mean humans don't double in height when the alpha male of their social group?
>>
>>49740638
The Armoured Claw seems excellent for making am Inquisition force. A Chimera, ten Acolytes with some knives and bitz to make them a bit more Your Dudes, for less than the Guardsmen+ Chimera costs normally.
Two of those, 20 ebayed Bolters and a box of Wyrdvane psykers, as well as Coteaz and maybe another Inquisitor, and that's a good 550 pts for around £95. Rather have that than a Knight.
>>
Pulling the trigger on Knight Warden NIB and Assassinorum Execution Force (for the Assassins) for 170 USD. Did I do good, 40kg?
>>
>>49740855

The Assassinorum Execution Force is the boardgame with everything.
>>
>>49740855
>>49740872
The Knight alone is $140 MSRP. You tell me.
>>
>>49740887

>paying MSRP
>>
File: news.png (536KB, 538x851px) Image search: [Google]
news.png
536KB, 538x851px
>yfw they're also releasing Traitor Guard and Dark Mechanicum armies
>>
>>49740989
>Traitor Guard
How fucking long after Gaunts Ghosts and they're releasing Traitor Guard now?
>>
>>49740989

Don't even post clickbait news sites dude.
>>
>>49740989

I'd prefer some stuff for the real guard.
>>
File: 1438161319858.jpg (97KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1438161319858.jpg
97KB, 800x800px
>>49740989

>official blood pact models
>>
>>49741051
That's insanity. Why would they get any support? It's not as if Cadia is the start of the Black Crusade and the IG are everywhere in the imperium and not 0.001% of the forces.
>>
>>49741011
It would tie into the modeller a few days ago saying he was working on a new model and that it was an army he's never worked on before. He makes vehicles.
>>
What do guys think of using the GSC rules to represent Tanith First? I was thinking the Cult Ambush rules would be a good representation of their stealth abilities.
>>
>>49741122
In low points maybe. I don't know how you'd represent a lot of GSC units.
>>
What are good reasons to actually pay for The Lord Commissar?
>>
>>49741301
You don't want a CCS and want someone to babysit a heavy weapons team?
>>
Can I get some critique on my Ordo Machinum list?

Ordo Machinum (1997/2000)

Cult Mechanicus Elimination Maniple (655pts)

2×3 Kataphron Destroyers w/Grav and phosphor (165pts each)
Kastelan robot maniple 2 bots, full phosphor, conversion field (325 pts)

Dominus Maniple (470 pts)

10 Skitarii Vanguard, 3 plasma calivers, omnispex (200pts)
Onager Dunecrawler w/Icarus Array, extra stubber (130pts)
Tech-priest Dominus w/ Eradication Ray, conversion field, Anzion's Psuedogenetor
(140pts, Warlord)

Skitarii Maniple (410pts)

5× Rangers, Arkhan's Divinator (70pts)

10× Vanguard w/ Arc Rifle, Omnispex (155pts)

5× Infiltrators, Taser/Flechette (185 pts)

Inquisitorial Detatchment (462 pts)

Inquisitor Coteaz (100pts)

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor w/ power armor, ML1, Force Sword, needle pistol, grimore, rad+ psychotrope grenades, 3 servo skulls (122 pts)

2× Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband w/ 10 bolter Acolytes+ psyker (60 points each)
2× Ded Transport Chimera with 2×Heavy Bolters + Psybolt (60 pts each)

Dominus and Coteaz join Vanguard and/or Kataphron Destroyers depending on enemy.
Xenos Inquisitor joins Infiltrators and acts as a countercharge unit.
Acolytes and Rangers hold objectives and toss psychic shriek at anything that gets too close.
Chimeras block LoS to Kataphron T1 then the KatD's load up and use them as essentially 3 void Shields, or Vanguard load up and get closer, whichever unit Coteaz/TPD doesn't join gets transport.
>>
>>49737635
The mechanicus basically is a mega corporation
>>
>>49741355
For what purpose? You lose orders and a20 pt pocket basilisk
>>
>>49741414
Shuffle some points around and see if you can give the Rangers some Transuranic Arquebi for anti-tank. Swap the Divinator for another Omnispex since their guns are so hilariously good. Everything else looks like fun.
>>
>>49741651
Ok, I can remove one servo skull and the Divinator for an omnispex, good idea. Not a massive fan of the Arquebus due to its tendency to be completely useless half the time and , like heavy weapons in Tac squads, render the other 4 omnispexed rifles useless.
>>
>>49741719
>totally useless half the time
It's AP3 with Sniper, it's completely viable to just use it as a heavy sniper rifle to go with the Galvanic Rifles. Use them to pop transports in the opening turn while the Galvanic Rifles are still out of range or the occasional potshot if you can get an angle on side armour, but otherwise use them to pick off characters, bully monsters and get rewarded for any 6 you roll.
>>
So latest on the Made to Order stuff says at least a 4 week wait after you order.
>>
>>49741968
Still 25 pts a piece for one shot that wounds on a 4+ at best, if I take two + omnispex, for the same points I can take a Neutronager which packs far more punch and is tougher to boot, as opposed to statistically 1 ap3 wound.
>>
New thread
>>49742120

New thread
>>49742120

New thread
>>49742120
>>
>>49740076
>>49740087
What faction is listed on the packaging for Magnus the Red? It isn't CSM. It isn't Chaos Daemons. That's right it's fucking Thousand Sons.
>>
>>49741616
Maybe you hate the CCS and only want the PCS?
>>
>>49741087

yeah i know. what was I thinking
Thread posts: 420
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.