[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hektor Heresy: Flying a Volkite Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 55

File: CHOOM.jpg (814KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
CHOOM.jpg
814KB, 2560x1440px
We're happy to welcome new contributors. If you'd like to have a read of the project (and please, don't pitch an idea without having read anything!), there are a few possible starting points. The main page is:
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_/tg/_Heresy

While the Primarchs and the Legions are firmly locked down at the moment, we welcome any and all with ideas for Successor Chapters, Xenos Empires, Great Crusade Era Factions, Ork WAAAGHdoms, Eldar Craftworlds, Imperial Army/Guard Regiments, Knight Houses, Mechanicum/Mechanicus Forgeworlds, etc.

Want to know how to get into the Successor Chapters?
Welcome to the only two links you need!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki//tg/_Heresy_Successor_Template
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Legiones_Astartes_(Hektor_Heresy)

For real though, take a look at the Imperial Army!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Army_(Hektor_Heresy)

The forces of Lost and Damned need some love, and no one is writing for them! Get in on the ground floor!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hektor_Heresy_Chaos_Forces

Know what I said about grounder floor and no one writing?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Xenos_of_the_Hektor_Heresy
ELDAR, ORKS, LITERALLY ANY WEIRD ALIEN THINGIE YOU CAN IMAGE! YOUR'S! YOUR'S FOR THE TAKING!
>>
>>49732340
New Primarch Page, for your enjoyment

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Caligor_Kincaid
>>
File: spacemarines.jpg (109KB, 938x402px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarines.jpg
109KB, 938x402px
The skies crowded with traffic as every last official, commander, nobleman, and superhuman raced to the beating heart of the burgeoning Imperium. The murmurs of a war with the Red Planet had been calmed for the day, as they now abound with the most pedantic of gossip towards the loveless affair being conducted today. Galetia kept her nose above it all, but caught a few snippets. Some were complaining that this was all a ploy to get close to Hektor by Pallas. The genewright's ambitions put a general sense of unease among the Terran nobility especially. Marriage for political gain was their trade, their credit and craft. Naturally they were buzzing with critique and judgement on this union of the Sun and the Moon.

Of course all of them lay silent when the Mistress of Luna herself showed. Galetia had seen it at least twenty times today but it had not lost an ounce of the charm. Muttering aristocrats and warriors struck into a dumb gaze as they saw the immaculate beauty of her creator, Pallas Eugenesis. The bride to be, to the Primarch of the Imperium. The sole son of the Emperor! What a prize Pallas had managed to pluck from the hands of fate, from destiny itself. Galetia continued to muse on it as they strode forward.

Galetia, like many of those whom Pallas surrounded herself with was an artificial humanoid. Forged by the Mistress's hand, Galetia was the sum of multiple strains of genetic heritage making her the perfect biological servant. She was fifty years old, though one might believe her to be far, far younger. She wore a flowing dress that matched Pallas's, designed to show off their forms to onlookers. Why not flaunt absolute perfection? It seemed that Hektor himself had no qualms with that.

"I honestly have no conception of how you do it," Galetia remarked as they entered the towering halls. It mystified belief the scope of the Emperor's fortification nor could Galetia believe the reports that it was going to expand to ten times its grandeur soon.
>>
"Do what, servant?" Pallas responded with that echoing voice that never failed to impress. It was perfection, every vocal cord in the right spot to invoke power and femininity. The gaze of the Mistress passed over with an appraising slant, measuring up her Handmaiden. The position had been held by Galetia for only four years, but her service had been sufficient thus far. It did not appear to Pallas that she was a sycophant. If there was one type of person Pallas would breed out of existence, it would be them. Their onslaught would only increase manifold thanks to this agreement with the Emperor's progeny.

"Being in the presence of most powerful entity in the galaxy," Galetia said with demure grace, not matching Pallas's gaze but not shirkinga way, "with his genetically perfect son being your husband to be - who happens to be the second most powerful entity in the galaxy. We are in the presence of living gods, nearly."

Pallas chuckled amused by the observation of a noteworthy if lesser being. "Yes. It's enthralling isn't it? Power pools around them, my creation. I intend to be there for it. I intend to be there for Luna. And if you are fortunate, you might share in some of it too."

"I could never!" Galetia said, showing the proper amount of submission that Pallas reveled in. There was nothing worse than an uppity, ambitious peon. "To even meet the gaze of the greatest genewright in all of humanity would stun me beyond words."

There was a silence that pervaded the room.

"Look at me," Pallas ordered curtly. Her tone was dead, completely nullified of the liveliness it once held.

"I-" Galetia was in the process of speaking up, but her creator took hold of her chin. The difference in stature was palpable, as a grown mother was to the infant. Their eyes met, the powerful gaze nearly driving Galetia mad. "I am sorry, I beg forgi-"

"Clearly you are not struck speechless as you said you would be."

Silence filled the hall once again.
>>
>>49732340
>LITERALLY ANY WEIRD ALIEN THINGIE YOU CAN IMAGE! YOUR'S! YOUR'S FOR THE TAKING!
And thus the Chronicles of the Rape Gnomes begins...
>>
Galetia had never stepped so severely out of her boundaries than now. Previous blunders of previous Handmaidens seemed to pale in comparison to the magnitude of this colossal mistake. Those eyes of her's, wrought with some of the very same makeup of Pallas's stared up with a plea for mercy. Seeing it growing inside of her creation, Pallas spoke quickly, sufficiently, and to the point.

"Why are you still here?" Her voice took on an edge reserved for failures and enemies alike, "You've made it apparent to us both you are defective. Your last task as my Handmaiden is to appoint a successor. Their success will reflect on you. That will be all."

Pallas turned beginning to stride deeper into the sanctum before stopping. Without any other motion, she called back to the still shocked servant. "I don't want to see you during my moment. You will wait outside. Do not enter the procession."

With that, Pallas Eugenesis walked on. Leaving in her wake more broken dreams and a shattered soul. Solemnly, Galetia collected herself before walking out of the Terran Palace.
>>
>>49732381
I'll stat him tomorrow.
>>
>>49732417
See >>49732383

You have failed the chapter, Abselond. This? This was never your duty.
>>
>>49732438
Or, you know, maybe he's writing this for free so you should shut up.
>>
>>49732408
Oh please not this again.
>>
>>49732438
It's not finiiished?
>>
>>49732438
I'm, setting up the two characters before they meet, which is the meat of the story. Why do you think this part is so short?
>>
>>49732421
Ayyy pham

But before you go through all the effort, I'm not sure what to do about his equipment. Jump Pack and napalm grenades is an obvious choice, but his weapon and other gear?

A bolter with a quadrillion tacticool options? Thunderhawk Airstrikes? Personal personnel carrier?

And his Knife, I just need to come up with the fluff for it
>>
>>49732483
>>49732511
Ah, that explains it.
>>
>>49732421
Hey Jos, as our resident crunch man, do you think it would be too OP to have part of the Storm Bringer Chapter Tactic be what would essentially be True Grit from 4e, and have Tac Squads replace their Bolt Pistols with CCWs/Chainswords and AM replace their BP with Boltguns?

Additionally would it be too much to have one of their "Gladius Strike Force" esque buffs be that they may charge after firing Rapid Fire weapons.
>>
Who's our shortest primarch and how tall are they?

I'm thinking about making Caligor wolverine mode
>>
>>49732702
Only if he says Bub, Bub.
>>
>>49732702
Roman is our Shortest Primarch. Barely at Marine height. But don't give him shit about it, he'll cut you.
>>
>>49732340
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Atalantos_Worlds#Anomaly_Centroid_R-391.2FC-6

I did one more thing before bed tonight, adding a rather unusual item to the Atalantos Worlds' page.

What do you all think?
>>
File: chaptersigmalogo.png (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
chaptersigmalogo.png
29KB, 400x400px
>Chapter Sigma

>The Chapter Sigma are a codex-compliant Second Founding Chapter. Formed from a warband of loyalist blackshields during the heresy, the warriors of Sigma Chapter would pledge their alleigance to Gaspard Lumey and the Imperium, reforming themselves to fit the Institutorum Astartes. Uniquely the Chapter Sigma also strictly follow another piece of combat doctrine, referred to as the Codex Mathematika, or simply the Mathematika. As the only surviving link to their pre-heresy past, the Mathematika governs their pragmatic efficiency-based approach to combat.

>Chapter History
The origins of the Chapter Sigma are muddled in the chaos of the Heresy. Originally operating as a nameless warband under the command of Warsmith Napha Sigma, the Chapter Sigma appeared condemned to die from attrition in their skirmishes against traitor forces until one day they were met by the Primarch Shakya Vardhana and his Eyes in the wreckage of the traitor shipyards of Zenaal VI.
Expecting to be purged due to their heretical origins, Warsmith Sigma and his warriors resigned themselves to annihiliation but were surprised by an invitation of peace instead. Napha Sigma himself was invited to speak with Primarch Vardhana alone and after three hours he emerged from the primarch's chambers and declared his support to the Eyes of the Emperor. On that matter, Shakya Vardhana acknowledged the Warband of Sigma as his honorary sons.
It is clear that Vardhana had forseen the eventual fate of the warband but his true intentions remain unknown to this day.
Together with the Eyes, the Warband of Sigma participated in the Siege of Terra as the defenders, losing much of their number at Eternity Wall spaceport. Warsmith Sigma himself faced the Lord of Change Sa'loxir'ath, who offered him the truth behind Vardhana's decision to preserve his warband. Upon Napha Sigma's refusal, Sa'loxir'ath promptly decapitated him.
>>
File: chaptersigmamarine.jpg (45KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
chaptersigmamarine.jpg
45KB, 400x500px
>>49732829
>Chapter History (cont)
Following the Siege, the survivors expected to be granted the Emperor's Mercy, but once again Shakya Vardhana intervened. He pled their case to his brother Gaspard Lumey, that they had proven themselves as loyal servants of the Emperor and the Imperium. Ultimately after extensive tests for their purity, the Warband of Sigma would be allowed to continue as a chapter, albeit with certain caveats.
Their geneseed was deemed too tainted to be passed on to future generations, future marines of Chapter Sigma would carry the genetic legacy of an unknown loyalist legion instead. In response to that the 493 remaining members of the Warband of Sigma symbolically removed their Progenoids for destruction, a declaration that they would be forever free of their tainted gene-legacy.
Shakya Vardhana would have one last surprise for the Chapter Sigma, the location of a series of writings by Warsmith Napha Sigma. These writings, the Codex Mathematika would form the foundation of the Chapter Sigma, doctrine where each battle-brother is equal and the chapter is greater than the sum of parts.

>Notable Members
>Warsmith Napha Sigma
A quiet and reserved tactician, Napha Sigma led his force of blackshields during the heresy and penned the Codex Mathematika, a distilling of combat behaviour into a quantifiable number, usable by all marines.

>Chapter Master Quan
The current chapter master, Quan is a veteran of numerous battles against the enemies of the Imperium. Once considered brash and unreliable over 2 centuries ago, Quan has had his fiery temperment tempered by the crucible of war. Unique amongst the chapter masters of the Chapter Sigma, Chapter Master Quan only has one censure band remaining, a reminder to him that he cannot tolerate even one failure.
>>
>>49732842
>Chapter Combat Doctrine
The Chapter Sigma closely follow the guidelines of the Codex Mathematika during combat operations, which assigns value to all facets of combat, including damage to enemies, harm to self and collateral damage. Each Space Marine has been extensively trained to maximise the sigma value of these combat calculations, to acheive the greatest possible effect with the least effort.
This has led to backlash against their tactics when they allow enemies to retreat because the cost of total annihilation was too great, or when they let civilians die in order to assassinate an important target.
The chapter has a great amount of flexibility, with captains serving as the first of equals, and the chapter master considered as the first of firsts. Ordinary marines are encouraged to counteract their commanders if they have judged them to have made a miscalculation, due to the flexible and subjective nature of the Codex Mathematika.
Apparently due to a quirk in their geneseed, many psychically-gifted aspirants either perish during the implantation procedure or see their gifts diminished to the point of uselessness. As such, librarians are highly valued amongst the Sigma Chapter, totalling between 2 to 5 usually. As such, the chapters librarians are highly prized and tend to serve support roles, far way from the heat of combat. The value placed on the librarians is extremely high, with entire companies willing to sacrifice themselves for a single librarian. Due to those dangers, the chapter rarely confronts the forces of chaos which would threaten their librarians, except in the case of the accursed Sa'loxir'ath.
>>
>>49732789
Jesus Christ, Maybe not THAT short
>>
File: chaptersigmacensuremarine.jpg (45KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
chaptersigmacensuremarine.jpg
45KB, 400x500px
>>49732855
>Chapter Beliefs
The Chapter Sigma are heavily influenced by the Codex Mathematika, which prioritises the maximisation of success. They employ a unique form of punishment, in the form of censure bands. Following 10 years of service in Chapter Sigma, a marine is judged to have sufficient experience to make appropiate judgements, and will receive three censure bands. Should the marine make a grevious mistake which threatens the safety of his brothers, his chapter or the Codex, he will be stripped of one band. Once a marine loses all of their bands, they are punished in an ultimate, irreversible way, the removal of their chest Progenoid, mirroring the original removal of Progenoids at the end of the Heresy. This is considered the ultimate shame by members of the Sigma Chapter and the third-censured will usually join a Censure Company, where they undertake risky and suicidal missions that may result in the total loss of gene-seed of their other uncensured brothers.
The Chapter Sigma also greatly despises the hero worship of specific marines. Upon death, the deeds of each space marine is added anonymously to the Hall of Deeds aboard the flagship Sum Infinite, a chronicle of the sum of successes and failures of the chapter.

>Chapter Homeworld
The Chapter Sigma are a fleet-based chapter, operating primarily from their flagship Sum Infinite. They have no fixed base of operations, preferring to travel wherever they feel that they are needed, though recently they have been trying to stop the machinations of Sa'loxir'ath in the Segmentum Pacificus.
>>
>>49732869
Alright guys, what do you think
>>
Legion Page, to be worked on
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Crimson_Eagles
>>
>>49732673
>Storm bringers
Literally who? They aren't on the legion list.
>True grit
I wasn't playing in 4e, so I have no idea what that does.
>Free CCW
Nah, WE do that already.
>Charge after rapid fire.
That would be crazy broken. Ill do some crunching on it in the morning if I have time, but my first thoughts would be to add significant drawbacks. Like yeah you can do it, but you count as disordered charging or something. Ill think on it tomorrow.
>>
File: tumblr_nie6tso29F1tvfheeo3_1280.jpg (184KB, 1280x973px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nie6tso29F1tvfheeo3_1280.jpg
184KB, 1280x973px
>>49732417
Coriolanus was out of his armor, wearing a flowing toga marked with the colors at the fringes of his Legion. The Marine despised this fact. He did not feel alive unless clutching a weapon, wearing some form of apparatus, and receiving orders from one of his commanders. Today was not one of the endless number of regular days where this would be the case. His Liege, his Sire, his Father, Hektor Cincinnatus joining together with the tyrant of Luna. What a loathsome state of affairs. This peace sat unwell in his stomach, churning it about as he stood before the growing throng of humanity.The war with the Martians seemed distant, and increasingly unlikely if rumors were to be believed. How long would it be till war was before him once again? A week? A month? All these people made his mind blanche. Too many moving bodies, not the calm of explosions or viscera to leave him at ease. It was all too quaint, too calm. He was utterly against it in every way.

"Brother!" One of his comrades Tullus called to him. His calloused hand struck Coriolanus upon the shoulder. The smack echoed above the chittering-and-chattering of the Terran elite. The brooding Astartes merely shrugged in response before saying,

"What is it you want Tullus? Can you not allow me to mourn in peace?"

Tullus's eyes opened up, "Mourn? Why mourn? There has not been a death among our number for a week. The Unification is complete, the wars are over."

"That is precisely why I hold a silent, singular dirge," Coriolanus replied. "To wars, lost forever to time. To comrades true, to enemies' brave, and to moments that will only be a stepping stone to campaigns that will surely eclipse them. The stars enormity, crush me, brother. I feel them all upon my neck, the worlds to conquer."

Tullus looked dire, wanting to help his friend and comrade, "Please, we will have our part to play in all of those coming wars-

"But not," He countered, "But not those who shall only live on in the wars to be forgotten."
>>
>>49732869
>Sum Infinite

Might I suggest gothicing it up a bit?

Maybe something like Infinitas Summae? Magni Infinitae? Omnis Summata?
>>
Aaaand gonna end it there for the writefaggotry. Will pick up again tomorrow. I'm tired as fuck right now.
>>
>>49732888
Ill look it over in the morning.
>>
>>49732893
Successor Chapter, Im focusing up on that for a while.

I dont care what the WE do, besides they dont get it along side their Bolt Pistol and Boltgun, they lose the pistol for it.
>>
>>49732859
Ok, I was exaggerating. Roman is only SLIGHTLY taller than his astartes. But still, he short.

>>49732809
This is pretty damn cool. I like the idea that is pre-dates this universe, gives it a Galactus feel. Maybe it's not a time capsule at all, but a prison for something that could never be destroyed, even by the collapse of a universe.

>>49732829
>>49732842
>>49732855
These guys seem impressive so far. I take it they are formed from remnants of Loyalist legions, or possibly loyalists from Chaos legions?
>>
>>49732946
Literally what is the point then? If you lose the pistol but gain a ccw you're actually making your self weaker. It would ALWAYS be better to have a bolter and bolt pistol than it would to have a bolter and ccw.
>>
>>49732994
Probably flavor?

>>49732980
Yeah, I tried to give several possible explanations for it, to avoid making it look like "Yeah but really there's no mystery this is what it is because I'm the writer and I have god-mode knowledge enabled", lol.
>>
>>49732980
During Heresy, they were loyalists from a Traitor Legion

In 'present-day', they are a Loyalist successor, implied to be of the Eyes, part of Vardhana's keikkaku
>>
>>49732809
I sense an AoS connection.
>>
>>49732994
True Grit gave you the extra attack like if the model had a Pistol but you never gain the additional attack from charging. Its a flavor move to differentiate them from other Chapters and to have ties with their Spiritual Liege who back when he was a Primarch and the Storm Bringers were the Knights of Justice focused on Bolter and Blade.
>>
>>49733046
Do you? I haven't really bothered with AoS at all, lore-wise. Is there something similar in there?
>>
>>49733051
Obviously Bohemond is now just a special Captain though now days, so it would be what he did as a Captain.
>>
>>49733051
>>49733068
The number of Beomonds running around is too damn high.

Also.
>True grit
Ah, that explains it. Could work, but I'm tired AF, so ill look it over in the morning.
>>
>>49732920
It won't be done by then, just a heads up. It's way late for me, I got started with this later than I would have wanted to
>>
>>49733129
Well nothing written yet. But that Primarch Bohemond was rolled into the Silver Cataphracts.

Its now my slow project to fluff up the Storm Bringers in the Chapter form, maybe some time when they were Exiled Cataphracts as well.
>>
My current list of things to crunch out:
1. Uriel
2. Arturia and the LoB
3. Finish crunch on The Four.
4. Caligor the heavyhanded reference
5. Storm peeps bolter n chainsword tactics
6. A couple obscure characters Lumey asked about

Feel free to bring to my attention characters you want stat'd and balanced. I won't guarantee they'll get rules, but I'll put them on the list and do any that catch my eye.
>>
>>49732903
Right, how about Summate Infinitium
>>
>>>49733230
>heavyhanded reference
How would you fix it?

Also this >>49732542
>>
>>49733233
If you're happy, I'm happy. As long as you think it rolls well off the tongue.
>>
>>49733253
Dunno. Not much of afluff writer myself. I'd just add another layer of obfuscation to it. There's a reason that Jaghatai Khan isn't called Ghengis or Timujin, and Leman Russ isn't called Erik or Hrothgar or Mowgli. Wearing your inspirations on your sleeves is one thing, making a primarch who's one syllable removed from his namesake is another. Consider that Primarch Ahnald Shrazenaeger would have the same amount of phonetic difference as caligore.
>>
>>49733351
Personally, that's a big part of why I'm generally against cultural/historic references.

It takes a certain finesse to make things subtle enough that you're not just pointing a big red "LOOK AT MY FAVORITE CHAPTER FROM HIGH SCHOOL HISTORY" at your work. And people very often fall well short of that mark, I find. That's why I tried to nip it in the bud and create as much of the Scribes as possible from whole cloth.
>>
>>49733400
Then again GW does have a primarch whose just straight up named after a poet, and another bitter long suffering fuck whose name literally means "I shall endure".
>>
>>49733351
Well...on the other hand

>Konrad Curze
>Vulkan
>Iron Hands of the Iron Hands

and the name rolls of the tongue so well. I think I'm just going to take the hit for stupid name.
>>
>>49733438
They do get a bit of a pass for being the original creators, in a very different era of writing, I suppose.
>>
>>49733442
I wasn't aware of Kurze's inspirations. What is it a reference to?

>>49733453
Originally the Lions name was actually MORE obfuscated than it is now, spelled "Lyyn Elgonsen."

They changed that when they realized it looks dumb.
>>
Aaaaaaand we're all namefagging in a thread with 50 posts and less than 10 posters. I'm out for tonight.
>>
>>49733512
>less than 10 posters

I mean, the sum total of people involved in this project is barely more than 10, so.... yeah? That's about right, numerically.
>>
>>49733486
Heart of Darkness

Taken from Lexicanium
>"The character's last name is probably inspired by the novella 'Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad, where a former ivory trader in the Congo named Kurtz rules over the native population as a charismatic demigod. The book was later adapted into the Vietnam War movie 'Apocalypse Now', where Kurtz's assassinator is played by Martin Sheen who M'Shen is likely a reference to. The first name 'Konrad' is probably inspired by the author's last name."
>>
>>49733486
>I wasn't aware of Kurze's inspirations. What is it a reference to?
The Heart of Darkness and Apocalypse Now. Kurtz (Kurze) being the Colonel in Apocalypse Now and the guy in Heart of Darkness the main character goes looking for and Conrad after the author Joseph Conrad.

Kurze is even killed by an assassin named M'Shen, Martain Sheen as Captain Hillard.
>>
I'm off to bed now. I'll work on the Eagles and Cal tomorrow.
>>
Would appreciate feedback
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chapter_Sigma
>>
>>49732888
With this page and the Primarch, really all I have to say is "needs content". Caligor's youth is comparatively easy (and had been aired in threads anyway) compared to his meeting with the Emperor and corruption by Chaos.

>>49732417
Possibly kinder than I had expected.

>>49733230
The Four are looking good so far. Plenty of interesting fluff threads dangling off them.

>>49733512
>the sum total of people involved in this project is barely more than 10
Currently involved? Currently around 15, which compares favourably to other collaborative projects on /tg/.

>>49734214
Firstly, good job with the wiki-fu, especially the use of templates and modification of templates. There could be more out-going links but that sort of thing is beyond polish.

Most of the story we'd discussed in threads, so you already know how I feel about the broad outline. I do have a couple of points about the use of Shakya Vardhana, though hopefully they come as embellishment rather than a course change.

My feel is that the Vardhana wouldn't plead the case for Sigma based on their past deeds (that's too down to earth). Maybe have him say that the Chapter will prove itself to be the most loyal servants of the Imperium?

Past that, my thinking on Shakya is that he slowly goes blind after the death of the Emperor. You could definitely have him direct Sigma to find their Codex, but maybe make reference to the Primarch's failing powers by him only being able to tell them where to search for something of great significance? That also gives them a bit more agency in reclaiming their past, which is never a bad thing.
>>
>>49734029
Something for you when you get up:

This was an idea for the Gorgers, but it might fit with you.

One of the short stories I wrote for them was how Nathanog decided to go Traitor. He gave the decision to his warriors. All of them. Biggest gathering of the Legion straight up ever.

The sides were drawn. The Loyalists seemed like they were going to win. Then a named character who becomes super important in launching the Black Crusades measures up for an honorable duel with the best warrior from the Loyalists. He beats him, and switches sides.

Nathanog didn't want to betray the Emperor or Hektor, but would not side idly by. Neither would his Legion. He did the vote in an order to save it from itself. To not have a culling. The warriors voted, and the Loyalists lost. Out of honor, they fought for the Traitors, because loyalty to Legion was above all else. And they chose Hektor because loyalty to Warmaster trumped some golden tyrant who barely showed them any love while Hektor was always in the dirt with them.

I'm not saying adapt this story, or anything like it. I'm saying read it, and see if it inspires anything for yourself.
>>
>>49734874
Cool, I've made some changes regarding the Vardhana stuff. Hopefully that brings it more in line with the existing canon.

I wasn't entirely sure about Vardhana's behaviour and history since there's gaps in his page, so thanks for pointing that out.
>>
>>49735156
Glad that helped and yeah, I have a very long "to do" list!

Once others have had a chance to chime in, the next thing for Sigma would be looking at their contributions to the next big crisis of the Imperium: Invasion by the Vetrovnak.
>>
>>49735322
I've looked through the pages of the Vetrovnak and there's scant details about the actual invasion, most of the stuff is worldbuilding. Is it something that's been kinda discussed but not set in stone yet or am I missing something.
>>
>>49736862
It's started to be discussed. So you can get in on the ground floor here.
>>
Friendly bump
>>
>>49735034
Wide awake now

Yeah I've never considered that.

I think I may just combine both ideas and have Cal give his legion a choice and after a 50/50 vote it erupts into a civil war

How does that sound?
>>
>>49739273
that doesn't seem to imply a strong culture of democracy.
If they get a 50/50 vote and start flipping tables, thats rather undemocratic, no?

The original idea does have merit in that regard, as abiding by their own rules demonstrates the character of the legion.
Unless by this point that is your intent, maybe it would be better to think on it more.
>>
>>49739273
>I think I may just combine both ideas and have Cal give his legion a choice and after a 50/50 vote it erupts into a civil war

If the Crimson Eagles are split down the middle, then the Primarch should act as the tiebreaker.
>>
>>49739862
While you have a point, in my mind this isn't some simple policy change or something. This is about waging war against the Imperium and the Emperor. Heresy on a shockingly grand scale. Americans have waged bloody civil war for less. I'll work ok on it, but a vote then desperate civil war is a good idea in a mind
>>
File: 1461123134682.jpg (1MB, 1958x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1461123134682.jpg
1MB, 1958x1344px
On the last thread, Strategos/Lumey said that the Eyes of the Emperor may or may not be disbanded after the Heresy. By this, did he mean that he is still deciding if they stay as a Legion or separate into individual Chapters?
>>
>>49740032
I'm just a random reading but I think the latter.
>>
File: 0-emblem-Stab-IV.StG77-0A.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
0-emblem-Stab-IV.StG77-0A.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
>>49739273
I'm with this guy = >>49739862
>>
File: Ancient_Tyrennius.jpg (137KB, 1050x989px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient_Tyrennius.jpg
137KB, 1050x989px
>>49740070
So they will separate into Chapters? Ok, cool.

On that note, who among the Primarchs left after the Heresy is going to force the other Loyalists to break into Chapters? And who writes our AU version of the Codex?
>>
>>49740198
Maybe that just doesn't happen?
>>
File: NL_Legionary_Sevan.jpg (213KB, 488x718px) Image search: [Google]
NL_Legionary_Sevan.jpg
213KB, 488x718px
>>49740251
What doesn't happen? The breaking of Legions into Chapters? Or the standardization of post-Heresy Chapter organization?
>>
>>49739985
Of course, its a momentous decision being made. But that is the entire point of democracy though - if it can't stand up to the strain of serious and grave matters, its not really demonstrative of a strong culture of democracy at all.
Some may be unhappy, but if they truly believed in democracy, they'd abide the majority vote as that is democracy (you don't always get what you want!)
If they cannot even abide by the simple mechanics of democracy, then its quite simply not democracy.

>>49740198
Lumey does that.
There was some recent discussion I'm not caught up with on a sort of nominated leader of the HLoT, but Lumey is responsible for the Codex, and is the spiritual liege, etc.

>>49740032
Its a case of he's considering rewriting that aspect of them because there was interest for alternative routes regarding the origins of both the Inquisition's Chapter Militants.

>>49740251
A lot of lore has already been established for this setting.
>>
>>49740331
>A lot of lore has already been established for this setting

Okay. So why are there chapters, then?
>>
>>49740296
Both? There's no Rawbutt to write a Codex Astartes
>>
>>49740543
Gaspard Lumey pretty much does all that.
>>
>>49740598
Ah yes, We Wuz Guillimans and shit.

Still, I would imagine it would be different than the Codex Astartes, if only slightly
>>
>>49740529
>>49740296
Guys, you're both trying to answer questions neither of you have the answer to, and you're only going to confuse yourselves that way.

The Codex is written by Lumey. He's basically Guilliman. He does all the stuff Guilliman does, including pressuring people to break up into chapters.

The Eyes disbanding was the old fluff, their writer said he was considering changing this as the threads here had people talking about how to approach the lost legions etc differently. That's all really at this point.

Frankly, I think worrying about the lost legions is a sort of pointless exercise right now, with legions unfinished or in the process of being written.

>A lot of lore has already been established for this setting
>Okay. So why are there chapters, then?

I was trying to nudge you subtly to the wiki pages to read.
Regarding your question however, a quick scan of the pages I expected to find the answer seemed to yield nothing.
A second scan revealed our Codex Astartes is called the "Institutorum Astartes" but its functionally the same deal.

That said, I can't find anything more written on it than that.
The quotes I've found so far only state that Lumey penned it and he and the fifth were instrumental in bringing about the reforms within it.

I would guess nothing more was written on it as the Heresy needed to be finished first. But other things have been written beyond that, so I honestly can't tell you why. If it is in more detail somewhere, it's certainly well hidden.
>>
>>49740725
The original idea was have it be a draft between the surviving Primarchs. Gaspard writes in codes of conduct, Roman adds in his voice to it, Arelex writes down organization, and Vardhana was to write the Librarius.

But Arelex hates Psykers and would never sign off on a document with them in it. Then Arelex the Anon decided to abandon all of his plans for his Primarch, which was helping rebuild the Imperium and founding the High Lords.
>>
>>49740946
>Gaspard writes in codes of conduct, Roman adds in his voice to it, Arelex writes down organization, and Vardhana was to write the Librarius

This is a really great idea and makes me very sad that ole Mad Cal has to go Renegade
>>
File: 1455500586578.jpg (169KB, 823x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1455500586578.jpg
169KB, 823x1162px
Ninth page bump
>>
>>49732340
As of now Arturia Eld, The Lord of Bones, and Uriel all have rules on their 1d4chan pages. The LoB already had some rules up, so I didn't mess with them too much, just rebalanced them a little and updated their format to match the rest of the hektor heresy characters.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nciug80MwX1smp55d.jpg (16KB, 301x436px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nciug80MwX1smp55d.jpg
16KB, 301x436px
>>49743706
>Lord of Bones
>>
Does anyone know who the respective OP writefags for Uriel and Arturia are, or at least who is heading up their lore writing nowadays?
>>
>>49745217
You just asked a can of worms, mate.

Arturia's writer wrote her explicitly as a Fate/Night reference, she's probably going to get heavily reworked. The writer is also up for accounts of plagiarism.

Uriel's writer has been reworking him and tweaking him for ages, and the concept of the character has never been clear for nearly the two years this project has plodded along.
>>
>>49745357
God damn it. Fuck it, I'm just going to stick veiled references to their doings into the history of the Four, and NEVER explain why or what they did.

Is someone slotted to rewrite Arturia? Because I could put it on the list and do it when I have time. Given how much she's integrated into various storylines, I'd probably just do a couple of superficial changes to make her less of an anime character (I really kind of wondered about that whole 60-year-old-teenager thing). I already had to fuck around with the lore of one Hektor Heresy Excalibur, seems fitting that I'd fix the other.
>>
>>49745387
Well 60 year old "teen" isn't that weird in 40k, due to the fact rejuvenant treatments are a thing for important people.

That said, the intent behind that decision wasn't the purest, I think.

There was some ideas bounced around but nothing settled. One idea was to make her based on Saint Olga of Kiev.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olga_of_Kiev

Basic idea is she is a Queen who rules her knights in the absence of her husband upon his death. Makes the lives of any suitors seeking her hand - and her kingdom a total hell. Possible ties with Alexandri, who would support the unwedded ruler when few others would. This would tie her to the conflict on Terra, if things go as planned and the Silver Cataphracts still defend Terra. Leading her to fighting Aubrey twice, dying at the Eternity Gate, and later being used as a Saint to draw folks into Emprah-worship.

Now this was all random brainstorming mind. Combine the ideas of Arturia with this, or just ignore them completely to make your own Knight-Queen. Doesn't matter, I'll just look forward to more content.
>>
>>49745510
>That said, the intent behind that decision wasn't the purest, I think.
Saber is the purest, friend.

>Look in my anime folder
>No Saber
>WTF
>>
Even in absence I still bump
>>
>>49740774
>The Codex is written by Lumey. He's basically Guilliman. He does all the stuff Guilliman does, including pressuring people to break up into chapters.
Hold up there. Gaspard Lumey does NOT do all the stuff that Guilliman does. Specifically (and rather importantly) he has nothing to do with establishing the administration of the Imperium.

>>49740946
This isn't far off, although I don't ever recall a draft in which the code of conduct was assigned to Gaspard. Given who is left standing at the end of the Scouring, it's reasonable to have the Institutorum devised by Gaspard, Brennus, and Shakya.
>>
>>49747167
>he has nothing to do with establishing the administration of the Imperium.
Just couldn't measure up to old blue, huh?
>>
>>49747191
Gaspard isn't Roboute. The closest character in the AU is actually Roman Albrecht - but he disappears, and the Imperium has to make do.
>>
File: SomewhatUnrelated.jpg (109KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SomewhatUnrelated.jpg
109KB, 1024x768px
Alright, my first draft of the lore and rules on The Four is done. I'll be putting them up and linking them in on the wiki momentarily, and I'm taking input in the mean time.

They were created mostly to fill out the Hektor Heresy Knights roster a little bit, but they also give me an excuse to play around with apocalypse-level rulesets. Their background is also intentionall vague, as I didn't want to spend a lot of time carefully entwining them in the lore. There's a few references to them doing shit, but that's about it.
>>
>>49743706
>>49745387
If it helps, I'm responsible for writing the Lord of Bones and he doesn't really need Arturia as anything more than a prop.
>>
>>49747278
Shit, sorry, forgot to attach the link

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/User:Josman#The_Four
>>
When does Alexandri usually show up?
>>
>>49747300
I've been in this thread this entire time.
>>
File: Second Sons.gif (1MB, 499x408px) Image search: [Google]
Second Sons.gif
1MB, 499x408px
>>49747300
Thread wise or timeline wise?

Because thread wise idk. I feel like I remember him living in the states. Either central time or Eastern time iirc.
>>
>>49747300
Don't believe his lies.
>>
File: Voidwatcher2.jpg (169KB, 680x961px) Image search: [Google]
Voidwatcher2.jpg
169KB, 680x961px
>>49747337
Oh shit. I'm getting my 40k AUs mixed up now. Ignore that gif.
>>
>>49747326
Ah you were just Anon'd this time.
>>49747337
Thread
>>49747338
>believing any of your lies
>>
>>49747278
>>49747298
it reads like "blah blah generic prose WHEN SUDDENLY SOME FUCKING RULES"

its pretty easy to tell where your focus was in all this

also explain to me how these knights aren't ludicrously overpowered, because at first glance...
>>
>>49747374
>it reads like "blah blah generic prose WHEN SUDDENLY SOME FUCKING RULES"
That's pretty standard for GW stuff. If you really feel that there should be more story detail on the Four, maybe a constructive suggestion would be in order?
>>
>>49743706
>>49745357
>>49745387
>>49745510
Actually, who here would be opposed to me writing in the Knight-Queen Yaterina IV to replace Arturia Eld?
>>
>>49747483
Unrelated note.

Were we going with the Exiles thing for the Silver Cataphracts as one way of Punishment and would Bohemond, who clings to the older Knightly ways be exiled and perhaps one of the leaders of a large Exile force?
>>
I really like the concept of Pallas Eugenesis as a character. I also want to explore and feel out the new Black Augurs and the Voidwatcher. I feel like writing some prose about them interacting, but can't think of a good situation for them to interact and don't have a great feeling about the mutual feelings. Thoughts and ideas?
>>
>>49747399
Nah, he's pretty much on point.

>>49747374
>too rule focused
Yeah, to an extent, but at the same time I was also trying to keep them rather legendary and ethereal. If I gave them a substantive record of action during the Great Crusade and the Heresy, I'd have to carefully integrate their lore with that of the rest of the setting. OR I can set them up as legendary figures, more aspects of their gods than anything else, and I don't have to do squat for integration, and out Knight Roster gets a bit more filled out.

>explain how these knights aren't overpowered.

>The Watcher
Kind of IS overpowered, but he also costs almost double that of a normal knight, so it evens out.

>The Reaper
Is LUDICROUSLY overpowered in melee, to the point where I'm pretty sure he can kill a warlord titan faster than any other model in the game. However he's SO. SLOW. that he might never even get there, and he's pretty weak on the ranged game.

>The Champion.
Again, expensive as hell, and not as mean or durable as a Lord of Skulls, but he does more to buff your units (and less to buff the enemy).

>The Exemplar
Isn't actually that much meaner than a cerastus melee knight is, she's just fast as hell and really hurts your enemy's ability to hit back, and pays another 150 points for it.

>>49747483
>Knight-Queen Yaterina IV
Explain.
>>
I'll write some Vetrovnak fluff soon since nobody else seems interested. Just a quick question, when do they actually enter the solar system? Does anyone know?
>>
>>49747538
Pallas is a woman who's been told all her life that she's no less than a god. She's superhumanly beautiful and healthy, and may well be immortal.

The Voidwatcher is a man who's convinced himself he's a deity, but nonetheless is slowly dying because of his own selfish persuit of the godhood he feels he deserves.

This has so. Much. Potential.

Okay, so if the VW is dying, and the only being he respects is his father, do you think that he'd want to go to the only being in the galaxy he looks up to and say "Yo, my pursuit of godhood, which you repeatedly warned me away from, kinda fucked up the gene tailoring you worked into me, and now I'm dying. Help?"

No, he'd die before he did that. But who else has the skill to work upon the genetic code of a primarch?

Pallas. Glorious, beautiful, immoral, deified Pallas. A woman who has everything the voidwatcher wants.
>>
As per usual, if folks want to spitball ideas I'll be on the irc machine. irc.thisisnotatrueending.com #HektorHeresy

>>49747538
If we're going with Voidy cursed by mortality, then Pallas might think he's a genetic defective. I guess if the Solar Warriors gene-seed is running strong then she could be persuaded that his condition is the result of some exotic radiation.

A possible interaction would be shortly after the Voidwatcher is found, with Pallas trying to diagnose him.

>>49747557
The Vetrovnak have a writer and she hasn't claimed any other big responsibilities. It's just that we needed to get some other things settled before they really get going.
>>
File: St_Olga_by_Nesterov_in_1892.jpg (74KB, 366x1000px) Image search: [Google]
St_Olga_by_Nesterov_in_1892.jpg
74KB, 366x1000px
>>49747542
Yaterina married her husband, and upon his death to Xenos raiders became ruler of their conjoined Knight Houses. Knights from all over seek her to be their suitor. Some, she uses as pawns. Others, she coldly dismisses and perhaps even duels to gain dominion over their warriors. She is a cold woman, with few allies save for Alexandri. Her stalwart status as a commander catapults her to the forefront of fighting all the way to the Imperial Palace, where she wounds but is ultimately defeated by Aubrey the Grey.

Later, she is canonized as a Saint and seen as one of the first 'proto-sisters'. Or something.

>>49747595
Well, she is based off of Cleopatra. We have our Julius, maybe it's time for a Marc Antony.
>>
>>49747600
Right, I'll just probably write up some random stuff for the Sigmas while waiting then
>>
>>49747625
Okay, but if she married into her position, she wouldn't have a numeral after her name unless by coincidence there were three other reigning Yaternias in the same dynasty/lineage.

>The voidwatcher as the younger more handsome counterpart to Hektor's Caesar
HOW ABOUT NO.
>>
>>49747595
>>49747600
This is a good point. I feel like the interaction would have a serious undercurrent of barely concealed hostility.

I feel like Void would have a huge amount of contempt for Pallas. Not just because she has the missing piece of what he wants, but also because she's lacking one of the things he prides most. She's genetically perfect. Flawless and unaging, but she's not a psyker. He can probably read her mind like an open book, though she can probably do the same to him by more conventional means.

>>49747625
I'm unsure what you're imply here.

Also, speaking of contempt, I think two points should be made about the new Augurs. One, do they still have the best/most psykers of any legion? And two, I feel like they're killers not warriors. That is, they aspire to crush their foes beneath their boots and grind their civilizations into dust. They don't pride themselves in the artful act of fighting anymore, they pride themselves in destroying their opponents. If that makes sense.
>>
>>49747600
>irc.thisisnotatrueending.com #HektorHeresy
Okay what the fuck is this?
>>
>>49747668
Maybe not younger and more handsome, but maybe more similar to Pallas? Also, after the Decimation he returns mostly to his full Primarch stature and physique right?
>>
>>49747674
I think probably still the most Psychic, after all Paladins and Blackguard do have magic dont they?
>>
>>49747625
>she is based off of Cleopatra.
Please no. That's the same logic that had people telling me that Maria Vespa couldn't be resurrected because Mary was the mother of Jesus.

>>49747644
You could write about the Triumph of Cadia. We know that the Loyalists win, we know which of them are still standing, and we know that their victory is a very solemn one. I would expect Roman Albrecht to be the man honoured (post-humously) in the Triumph.

>>49747676
IRC. It's a chat protocol. If you're using Firefox, the most obvious client is Chatzilla, while Chrome has Byrd or something.

>>49747683
She'd still be more interested in Johannes.
>>
File: Champion_of_Chaos.png (1MB, 669x925px) Image search: [Google]
Champion_of_Chaos.png
1MB, 669x925px
>>49747697
Yeah, and we're kinda styling them after Chaos Chosen. Who aren't necessarily directly magical themselves, but closely associate with sorcerers and shit. They've got mystic runes, enchanted armor, and all that good stuff.
>>
>>49747674
>He can read her mind easily
Nope, rules clearly say that she has Adamantium Will, so she'd be ignoring that shit 33% of the time.

>Psychic killy unsportsmanlike bitter fucks

So the new augurs are 2 parts Thousand Sons, 2 parts Night Lords, One Part Iron Warriors?

>>49747683
>Also, after the Decimation he returns mostly to his full Primarch stature and physique right?
Okay, so this is kinda nebulous. The VW being sickly was never originally supposed to be part of the lore. It was just an excuse for me to take some of his primarch toughness away to help balance his gameplay when he starts rolling on biomancy. However, people thought it might be a good angle to run with.

So, even though I never actually meant to write in that part of his lore, but for what it's worth, I imagine it as getting worse over time, not better. Like how Curze went from beautiful blackmetal Bishi to a dissicated corpse over the course of the heresy.
>>
>>49747734
It's fine to mix the ideas. The Decimation could act as a "reset button", bringing him back to the flush of youth without fixing the problem that's causing him to age.
>>
>>49747711
Yeah... The Emps has this.. thing... about sorcery. He's not cool with it.
>>
>>49747751
>The Decimation could act as a "reset button", bringing him back to the flush of youth without fixing the problem that's causing him to age.
Did he decimate them with a sorcerous lifedraining ritual or something? Because I feel like this is something the Emperor would take issue with.
>>
>>49747767
I'll take things that are a result of Heresy for a Thousand Alex.

Before that simple Paladins on the way to Blackguard.
>>
>>49747776
>Did he decimate them with a sorcerous lifedraining ritual or something?
I think that's the idea.

>Because I feel like this is something the Emperor would take issue with.
Indeed. Nikaea is basically about revealing the Voidwatcher's crimes, though in a sense they get him on "tax evasion".
>>
File: BarogueTermi.jpg (255KB, 1280x656px) Image search: [Google]
BarogueTermi.jpg
255KB, 1280x656px
>>49747781
How do we have magicless paladins? Isn't that just like... Pre-Heresy DA?

Also, paladins... Hm...

LOYALIST BLACK AUGURS FOR ORDO MALLEUS CHAMBRE MILITANT, BABY!!!
>>
>>49747298
Those rules are tight.
>>
>>49747734
2 Parts Thousand Sons, One Parts Iron Warriors, One Part Emperor's Children, One Part Black Templars is how I've currently been seeing it.

>>49747734
>>49747751
The reset thing makes the most sense to me. Probably why he ends up getting desperate towards the end of the Heresy and decides to suck up the whole legion for good.

>>49747767
At the beginning most of the stuff they do is perfectly acceptable librarium approved stuff. Just on a wider scale and by slightly more powerful psykers. Lots of force weapons, biomancy, and the like.
>>
As a general observation, the whole:

X is a + b + c

(where X is an element of the Hektor Heresy and a, b, and c are elements of the OU)

... it's not very useful. In fact, a lot of that kind of talk came from the guy who was dumping plagiarised material into the project. He meant it quite literally.
>>
File: Ogre Legion4.jpg (52KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ogre Legion4.jpg
52KB, 400x500px
>>49747704
>Please no. That's the same logic that had people telling me that Maria Vespa couldn't be resurrected because Mary was the mother of Jesus.
That was a joke.

Zorg returns from his military duties briefly before heading for slumber. What's up /hkh/?
>>
>>49747844
>Black Templars
>Emperor's Children
Two groups of people who ABSOLUTELY DO NOT take their killing as just killing. These are the two chapters known for their great swordsmanship for crying out loud.

Also a five part mix drink with two comparably-flavored ingredients is sloppy.

>The reset thing makes the most sense to me. Probably why he ends up getting desperate towards the end of the Heresy and decides to suck up the whole legion for good.
This doesn't help with our Pallas situation. Maybe something post-heresy? They're all running from the Imperials, and the VW rolls up in his capital ship like, "'Sup gurl, I heard you like primarchs,"

>>49747796
>they get him on "tax evasion".
As long as he catches syphilis in prison, I'm okay with this.

>>49747824
Thanks. Tight is what I was going for.
>>
>>49747880
>What's up /hkh/?
Naughty wizards
Knights
Anime

We saw you coming.
>>
>>49747811
Who said they were Magicless? The Solar Warriors were Psychic just not as Psychic as after the decimation.
>>
>>49747879
Oh sod off with that, you know people are going to use canon material as references. Warhammer is so diverse that you can equate literally every single piece of lore we have with something in the AU... Except Pallas. Warhammer is kind of a sausage fest.
>>
File: 1475943076835.jpg (47KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475943076835.jpg
47KB, 720x960px
>>49747896
But how did you see me coming? My webcam was off while I was masturbating!

Currently deciding how I should balance this and the anime my brother wants me to watch. I must watch it to prove he's a little bitch you see.
>>
>>49747906
I'm aware that people are going to do it, but I think that it encourages filing away certain figures as just equivalents, rather than treating them as themselves.
>>
>>49747890
First of all, the Black Templars absolutely do take their killing as just killing. All they want to do all day is crush the enemies of the Emperor and humanity. That's all they ever talk about. And Emperor's Children is just the whole "We're the best" and working really hard to be it mentality.

The Decimation doesn't happen immediately upon his discovery, despite what the wiki might seem like now. There's plenty of time for him to search for ways to fix himself, including talking to Pallas.
>>
>>49747949
This is fair, but it's also a decent yardstick.

I do agree it should be used sparingly, most importantly because people trying to crowbar shit together tends to result in stuff that isn't true to their actual vision and can result in skewed perceptions of what you're trying to convey.

Notably, >>49747956 I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing with these comparisons. It makes more sense for me to just leave it well enough alone and just describe them with actual adjectives.
>>
>>49747977
>actual adjectives
Sounds like something a heretic would say...

>>49747956
Black templars, the guys who usually win the Feast of Blades and have the Emperor's Champion, don't care about swordsmanship
Um. Okay.
>>
File: Sisters of Battle 50K.jpg (259KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Sisters of Battle 50K.jpg
259KB, 894x894px
The lack of psy-titans displeases me. I shall seek to remedy this in the future.
>>
>>49748046
There's a psy-knight. That's progress, right?
>>
File: 1476053273177.gif (156KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
1476053273177.gif
156KB, 260x187px
>>49748046
What
>>
>>49748057
>There's a psy-knight
wat

Also,
>>49748046
wat
>>
File: Goda Imperial Retainer.jpg (42KB, 472x750px) Image search: [Google]
Goda Imperial Retainer.jpg
42KB, 472x750px
>>49748057
Sun Tzu says: The first step is the one that lands on a mine.

Not that the quote is relevant, but it's quite inspirational. It's why I gave up my dreams of being a director. Ah, so young I was.

>>49748064
>>49748090
What what? The idea of psy-titans? The picture of an anime girl?
>>
>>49748090
The first of Josman's Four:
>>
>>49748096
What is a psy-titan? Is that a Grey Knight or Eldar thing? Or do you just mean a titan with a psychic pilot?
>>
>>49748099
that doesn't count
>>
>>49748159
It's a knight and it's psychic. What else does it need to be a psy-knight?
>>
>>49732340

Why did a Mexican fall to heresy?
>>
>>49748195
He got stabbed in the eye.
>>
File: 1475943630664.jpg (973KB, 3406x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475943630664.jpg
973KB, 3406x1000px
>>49748150
Sorry, psi-titan. It's an old thing from Adeptus Titanicus.

>The Push
The greatest mobilization of Imperial forces in Imperial history occurred during the legendary Pacificus Campaign, a massive operation that built the foundation of the Imperial Guard as the most powerful force in the galaxy. Led by the Rosskan Strelky in the north and the Markian Corps in the south, and later joined by several space marine legions, the campaign lasted most of the Hektor Heresy from the end of the sieges of Goda and Rosskar to the final battle for Terra. Countless billions were pressed into service as the Imperial Army suffered terrible losses in the gruesome battles against the rebels and the foul warp creatures they summoned from Hell, and entire worlds burned in cleansing flame to save them from Chaos's grip.
>>
>>49748195
The Emperor was going to build a wall.
>>
File: 1473283827070.webm (833KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473283827070.webm
833KB, 1280x720px
>tfw you take part in both AUs currently on the board and get an idea for a cool regiment/faction but don't know which one to submit it to.
>>
>>49748171
Knights are the midgets of titans.
>>
>>49748295
Flip a coin. Or, you know, just give it to us.
>>
>>49748295
Hektor Heresy has had a track record of working back in any and all material into other events as well as having some prose written about events.

Or flip a coin come on man it's just fanfiction.
>>
File: 1473213008075.jpg (360KB, 1585x477px) Image search: [Google]
1473213008075.jpg
360KB, 1585x477px
>>49748212
>Sorry, psi-titan. It's an old thing from Adeptus Titanicus.
Forgot to elaborate, it's pretty much self-explanatory. I was thinking a secretive order that operates from the moons of the planet Tyche, a gas giant beyond the Kuiper Belt.

There's very little in canon to go by. The most I found that's cited is from a thirty-year-old book, the rest is uncited.

>>49748295
Do both. What are we gonna do, sue you?

I'm half-tempted to do that for the regiments I made for Imperium Asunder.
>>
>>49748337
Save them for when we're out of the Heresy Zorg. I wouldn't mind it, so long as you properly adapted and didn't name swap.
>>
>>49748337
>lanet Tyche, a gas giant beyond the Kuiper Belt.
You realize that describes literally every single gas giant in existence except four, right? Seems like an odd detail to mention.

>old book
Name?
>>
File: 1471904044215.gif (2MB, 177x150px) Image search: [Google]
1471904044215.gif
2MB, 177x150px
>>49748370
>Save them for when we're out of the Heresy Zorg
>for when we're out of the Heresy
>Implying we'll ever get out of the Heresy
>>
File: wang-1-1.jpg (62KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
wang-1-1.jpg
62KB, 640x852px
>>49748337
>>49748313
>>49748308
Ok, so Buddhist tech-priests. That's the gist of it. I'll have a full write up tomorrow morning.
>>
>>49748370
We ARE out of the Heresy. There's notes on the Reformation. Characters of the new era are being developed. We have an idea of the big conflict that we're building towards.

Progress. Is. Happening.
>>
>>49748405
Slowly but surely.
>>
File: 1475791890465.jpg (317KB, 1280x763px) Image search: [Google]
1475791890465.jpg
317KB, 1280x763px
>>49748370
>I wouldn't mind it, so long as you properly adapted and didn't name swap.
By properly adapt you mean?

>Book
Adeptus Titanicus. I'm looking at the pdf right now, and there is literally only two sentences ony the Divisio Telepathica and psi-titans. It's a pretty flimsy base for me, but hey, Hektor Heresy amirite? Anything is possible in 40K amirite?

>>49748374
>You realize that describes literally every single gas giant in existence except four, right? Seems like an odd detail to mention.
Yes, but how many of them orbit our sun?

This is based on a debunked hypothesis. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyche_(hypothetical_planet)
>>
>>49748443
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Nine

What about this more plausible planet nine?
>>
>>49748443
Circumstances true in AS might not be for HH.

Transfer material accordingly with this in mind.
>>
>>49748443
>Yes, but how many of them orbit our sun?
Ah, but you didn't say it was part of our solar system. Pedantics ho!
>>
File: 1475980781261.jpg (225KB, 800x294px) Image search: [Google]
1475980781261.jpg
225KB, 800x294px
>>49748464
My penis requires comfort.
>>
>>49748468
Oh.

Should be simple enough.
>>
>>49747278
Why do they have preferred enemy against knights of house accolon and The Justicars?
>>
>>49747625
If you decide to write this up, do me a favor and add a throwaway line about the command throne of her Knight not being that suit's original throne.
>>
File: 2ae.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2ae.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>MFW all the other writefags are super serious milfags or historians who take their writing super seriously and load everything with references to their field of study
>mfw i'm just sitting here smoking weed and writing about robot skellingtons
>>
File: 1472324623840.jpg (129KB, 620x756px) Image search: [Google]
1472324623840.jpg
129KB, 620x756px
>>49748672
I feel you man. I feel you so hard.
>>
>>49748672
>>49748696
Please. Gaspard Lumey's origin story starts off as literally Clark Kent and there are dick jokes later on.
>>
>>49748743
At least he isn't literally just an evil wizard. As much as I love the Voidwatcher, I now kinda regret him being my contribution to this project. I much prefer Saul in the other one, or others I've come up with since.
>>
>>49748756
I think the aging thing really helps him. It keeps all the evil wizard stuff that is cool, without making his motivation just that He Is Evil.
>>
File: the-witcher-3-x.jpg (175KB, 1260x750px) Image search: [Google]
the-witcher-3-x.jpg
175KB, 1260x750px
>>49748780
I mean, it kinda does, but it also just means there's another step in his self-centered-ness. Which isn't really the problem.

It's that the core idea requires so much justification and context. It's cool and fun, but also a pain in the ass to make work in a way that doesn't seem like bullshit.

But enough whinging about something that's good. I'll be back tomorrow, hope the thread doesn't fall off the board in the mean time.
>>
>>49748835
We'll be sure to have a thread when you return. Take it easy.
>>
>>49748835
Really interesting ideas are rarely easy to write. Don't take its complexity and difficulty as a sign of it lacking quality.
>>
>>49748600
This seems like a bizarrely specific detail.
>>
>>49748520
The original draft for my Uriel and Arturia rules both had relic items that referenced some named Zael. This was completely accidental, mostly the result of working on the rules at 4 AM. However, when I finally realized my mistake, I was also working on the rules for the Four, so I just said fuck it and started mixing in references to their teacher, a green made knight named Zael.

The Justicars (lead by uriel) are the Emperor's executioners. The knights of house accolon (lead by arturia) are the premier knights of the setting. Both have some crazy ads architect taken from someone named Zael. The Four had a master named Zael, and are speculated to have been renegade even before Hektor did his thing. You do the math. The story's kind of half baked in my head right now, although I'm considering leaving it vague to fit the legendary theme surrounding the Four.
>>
>>49748966
>their teacher, a green made knight named Zael.
*a freeblade knight
>>
>>49748966
>Both have some crazy ads architect taken
*crazy ass archeotech

This is why I should stop posting from mobile.
>>
>>49748966
I approve of this method of worldbuilding.
>>
>>49749025
Accidently finding lore while making rules? As it turns out, that's kind of my specialty.
>>
>>49749037
Taking tiny throwaway lines that mean nothing them and turning them into content.

That's basically how the IA warmaster came about.
>>
If anyone's interested, we're working up the Vetrovnak incursion on IRC right now. If you see this later, I'm jotting down the details at https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Talk:Second_Vetrovnak_Incursion

There's also a stub write-up on the main page.
>>
>>49749185
It's time like this that I wish I wasn't so internet illiterate. Time to l2irc
>>
>>49749416
it's really simple shit
>>
page 9 bump
>>
File: necrisNRH0GZI.png (842KB, 1200x882px) Image search: [Google]
necrisNRH0GZI.png
842KB, 1200x882px
//Initializing Fold Quantum Communication Protocol v31.0.0.5.7... no errors detected.
//Authentication pulse request received... key authenticated.
//Requesting persistent connection using subnode distributed relay protocol... granted.
//Verifying registration with holonic network... verified using profile::ENFORCER/X8-t,s
//Establishing connecting with HvarHolonNet[Enforcer Node -text, search terminal only]... connection stable.
>search(@MoA.AFB.Intelligence/secure/personnel_database) group::Vilakrvnik/commander ? report
//One result found... accessing.

Kamir Xazun was the commander of the concord attached to the 15th Flotilla of the 8th Fleet during the Harvest of Iy-Suanfo.The planet was erroneously believed to be without defense as it was inhabited by a primitive humanoid alien species of stable apophrenics. That notion was dispelled as two days into the harvest operation technologically advanced members of the same species attacked suddenly forcing the 15th flotilla to retreat according to standard protocol.

Several squadrons of the 8.15th and their divisions were lost in the fighting cover the retreat and Xazun's concord on the ground was believed lost as well. Though all enemy craft were destroyed it came the cost of the destruction of over 73% of the 8.15ths assets and critical damage to the mothership with only 12,548 live aliens recovered along with roughly four times that number in their dead. Following its return to the 8th Fleet, Admiral Reznik recalled the remaining flotillas in the 8th fleet and returned to Hvar without further incident.
>>
>>49750711

Kamir Xazun did not die as was though and in fact, many more of the concord survived as well. Three years had passed since their presumed death before they were able to reestablish contact with the Armed Forces Bureau after finally managing to piece together a corvette from the wreckage on Iy-Suanfo and recover a long range fold communicator - among other things - from the orbital wreckage. They had sustained themselves on some of the aliens that had survived the harvest operation and from those that emerged through a gate-network on the planet. They had come to appreciate the gourmet blood of these aliens, or Eldar as they called themselves. Neither Kamir Xazun nor his concord could see them willingly returning to partaking of human blood not when they had access to such a succulent alternative.

And so they didn't. Rather than returning to active service, knowing they would immediately be mandated intensive therapy and counseling, Xazun opted to negotiate with Armed Forces Bureau to be permitted to remain in the field under a new unit called the Vilakrvnik to both gather intelligence on the Eldar and weaken them for an eventual harvest. High Command after much deliberation with the Noosphere agreed to grant Xazun his request provided he and his unit submitted themselves to routine Noosphere assessment.

>In Hvarian the Eldar are called Vila, named after mythological aloof nymphs of great beauty who delighted in causing storms. Thus Vilakrvnik translates to Eldar's Bane or Eldar Executioners.
>>
I have returned. Did I miss anything of note?

Also, expect further work on the Crimson Eagles. Their page is disgusting. And how can I get a fancy Primarch portrait?
>>
>>49750814
Well there was chatting on IRC about a few things, namely the vetrovnak and dark elder.

As for getting that portrait, go find Drawfag the Remembrancer and ask politely for his glorious powers over the arts.
>>
>>49750826
Awww ye
>>
>>49750711
>>49750732
Delicious.

>>49750814
There was also some stuff about knights and chapter sigma, but you may not be interested in those.
>>
Alright, here's the suffering vampire guy I was talking about. Lemme know if there's any major issues or problems with him.

Admiral Anton Stazlav
Master of Theory, the Blackblooded
<Fleet designation TBD>
Flagship - Everlasting Dominion (T-0)
Secondary command ship - Blade of Erytho (T-1)

Admiral Anton Stazlav represents the future of Vetrovnak military leadership. A rising star in the Armed Forces Bureau, Admiral Stazlav broke records as the youngest Captain, then youngest Admiral within the Vetrovnak Navy.
Anton was a master of forward planning, setting simulation training records that have yet to be broken to this day, with over 5.9% less casualities within 10.6% less time of the next best testee.
Under his leadership, overwhelming victory was acheived in [redacted], [redacted], and [redacted]. Still, it was a surprise to many when Admiral Stazlav was selected to join the <fleet designation> over others with centuries of experience over him.
Supporters of Anton claimed that it was because of his inventive and effective strategies that would give the Vetrovnaks the advantage in the upcoming conflict.
>>
>>49751240
However, for Anton the reason for joining the fleet is more personal. Admiral Stazlav is the third generation of the Stazlav line to suffer from the degenerative genetic mutation known as Czarn's Affliction.
Anton's family, the famed Stazlav artisans suffer from a malignant flaw in a dominant gene, which causes their blood to turn black and their regeneration to be significantly slowed. Additionally, sufferers of Czarn's Affliction must consume greater amounts of blood to remain active, almost 2 to 3 times more than a healthy Vetrovnak.
Due to the failure of genetic engineering to fix the flaw, the Stazlav's are no longer allowed to sire children, leaving Anton as the last of his family.
When young, Anton learned about the costs of his disease and as such carries much greater compassion for humans due to the extra toll he requires from them.
Now, Admiral Anton Stazlav joins the <fleet> to help secure a better future for the Vetrovnak, one that can sustain all Vetrovnak, even that of his family.

And then the actual invasion happens and he suffers horribly, hissmileandoptimismgone.jpg
>>
>>49751240
>>49751249
I think you're definitely on the right track.
>>
>>49751260
Cool, that's good to hear, I still need some input from the Vetrovnak writer regarding the command structure of fleets, since Anton will only be part of the actual fleet, a significant part but still not the top guy in charge.
>>
Phase 1 of the Pacificus Campaign AKA "The Push"
>Operation: It's my materiel and I need it now!
>War in the Imperium! Millions of Al-Sherar citizens join the IA to fight for the Emperor
>Too many fucking soldiers, not enough forges
>Gotta take nearby forge and armoury worlds first
>Have no fear, Judas Ranc is here!
>Tries invading armoury world without titan support
>lolfortifications
>Bad idea, let's go help Legio Antsar instead and come back later
>>
Phone bump
>>
>>49732340
Do we have any navigator houses? I might write up a navigator house.
>>
>>49749185
I'm going to graph out the population curve for the vetrovnak's predessors in their home clusters, because hundreds of trillions of people in a couple thousand years seems utterly impossible.
>>
File: How it happened.png (11KB, 1165x776px) Image search: [Google]
How it happened.png
11KB, 1165x776px
>>49754594
They banned porn.
>>
>>49754594
look at the hockey stick of our own population in the last few thousand years, with adequate technology to account for food, space and other needs it's not a theoretical impossibility
>>
File: Line graph.png (14KB, 1518x646px) Image search: [Google]
Line graph.png
14KB, 1518x646px
Quick Wikipedia search shows we started out with a little less than 5 million in 8000 BC. In about 10000 years we've grown a thousand times that. Imagine how many people we would have if we had modern technology.
>>
File: Scribe.jpg (235KB, 687x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Scribe.jpg
235KB, 687x1040px
>>49749185
Do we have any population estimates for the original colonization fleet's population?

Also, what was the average life expectency during the golden age, and what was their average rate of expansion?

If you assume that the original colonization fleet had 5 million people on it, and run that through your typical exponential population growth equation, with theoretically infinite access to resources to sustain that population and a 25 year generation gap, then you end up with roughly 2 quadrillion humans born over those 2 millennia. Seems like those hundred trillions are quite plausible, right?

WRONG! Because humans don't spend all their time making babies, and in advanced civilizations birthrates typically decline, even to the point of decreasing population. There's also the factor that its highly unlikely that the original colonization fleet was comprised of 2.5 million mating-age healthy couples. Plus, this assumes that this is population growth in a constant, infinitely bountiful environment, and doesn't take into account the decreases in population growth that would inevitably crop up as new planets start running out of space.

Plus, this equation is assuming that in this one little tiny cluster, there's the equivalent of at least 10,000 earthlike planets worth of space, and thats assuming they have a population density thirty times denser than what we have on earth right now.

I can't actually run any equations until the above questions about life expectancy, rate of expansion, and original population are answered, but as it sits, the "trillions of people in a couple millennia" thing seems really, really implausible.
>>
>>49755136
You're overthinking this. Stop applying science to warhammer.
>>
>>49755179
No.

Applying science to warhammer occasionally leads to hilarity.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Talk:Space_Marines#Fat_Marines
>>
>>49755136
You might be putting in more effort than this issue deserves.
>>
>>49749185
As the first regiment I'm going to share from Imperium Asunder, I suggest the Brimstone Fire-Eaters, who were also a concept from pre-current Hektor Heresy back before the hiatus, participate.

>The planet Brimstone is so rightly named, for it is an unstable world that mines the sulfur spewed from volcanoes and the promethium pouring from the toxic oceans. Its people are hearty and spiritual, but deeply disturbed at their hearts. They spend too much time in the foundries and mines of Brimstone, and over their lives they inhale fumes that degrade their minds and bodies. Life on Brimstone is one of hard labor and a slow descent to madness, and so many are happy to leave once the Imperial Guard come to the world seeking warm bodies for the eternal war against Chaos. With them the Brimstone Fire-Eaters bring their heavy hazmat suits that protect from fire and chemicals, and their handy reserves of holy promethium to cleanse the galaxy in flame.

>The tools of the Fire-Eaters are fire and hate. Flamers, hellhounds, incendiaries; the stuff that cleans the soul and purifies the land. Pyromania is the Fire-Eaters' forte, and they live to burn the enemy to pure ash. They are the feared shock troops who sweep buildings with holy promethium and walk through the flames untouched. They are the hammer that breaks the heretics, the flame that incinerates ork spores before they can take root, and the light that shows the way to righteousness.
>>
>>49755136
It would be very interesting to see a Hvar Cluster life table, simply for mortality modelling purposes
>>
>>49753916
There's a throwaway reference to House Voud-Culestes on the Void Angels page. Not much besides that.

>>49754594
If the population was growing at 4% a year (and that's not far-fetched), they'd hit a quadrillion in about a thousand years.
>>
>>49758814
Sorry, first post of the morning. If it was growing at 4%, it would be multiplied by a quadrillion in about a thousand years. If you took a more sedate 2% growth rate, that same factor of multiplication would take more most of two thousand years.

It's really not that far-fetched.
>>
>>49758837
See >>49755136

We can't know for certain until we know the population of the colonizing fleet, the number of planets in the cluster, their rate of expansion, their birthrate, and the average life expectancy. Until we have the values for those variables, this is all just speculation.
>>
>>49758880
I assure you that the impact of growth rates over time is known for certain. This started with a claim that the population expansion was "utterly impossible", and that has been demonstrated false. I took 4% as (somewhat short of) natural growth in the United States in the 1830s, 2% as peak global growth in the 1960s with antibiotics in some areas but rather more limited access to land. Neither rate assumes infinite resources. So I think the Hvar Cluster's population expansion is plausible even if we don't know the full details. It's clear that there is a range of conditions that would work. Why burden the AU with statistical data?
>>
>>49758880
Hvar was originally founded as an extra-galactic scientific outpost in the 22nd millenium. It was planned to be self-sufficient when it came to basic necessities like food, water, and such due to the distances involved. Establishing a large population was never intended during this period however a large population in this case it fairly relative. It's still going to have millions, possibly tens of millions, of people to sustain the operation and there will of course be births in the cluster because people are like that.

Once the Severance occurs everyone is trapped there, spread out amongst a few dozen of Earth-like worlds, hundreds of passingly habitable worlds, and even a few worlds that are superior to earth in habitability (likely engineered by ancient aliens). Let's not also forget they have the technology to build large orbital installations or contained habitats on barely habitable planets. That is more than enough time for the population to swell up to hundreds of trillions. If anything they should be in the quadrillions but they're mindful of their population, have an extremely high standard of living, and have the technology that allows a woman to control her fertility.
>>
Let's not also forget they have nanofabrication techniques, so the essentially live in a semi-post scarcity society.
>>
>>49759075
>Why burden the AU with statistical data?
Have you not picked up the subtle hint of compulsive pursuit of numbers in my posts yet? Why? Because I'm an asshole like that. Also, I have no intention of adding this to the wiki or anything, this is purely for my own interest.

>>49759075
>>49759132
>>49759227

>Plausibility
As I said in my original post about it, you can possibly get 2 quadrillion if you assume a completely uninterrupted birth rate among a population that never ages to death and is devoting 100% of its time to breeding, and there's no scarcity of resources.

If you're assuming a 2% or 4% growth rate, you don't even break the one trillion mark after two thousand years, and that's not even taking into account casualties over time, so not sure what your reasoning is there.

Even if that expansion rate is possible, which I'm not convinced it would be, for factors I'll mention in a moment, there's still the space issue.

In order to house the kind of population we're talking about, you're need the equivalent of 10,000 earth's worth of space, at THIRTY TIMES the population density. This in a system with "a few dozen earth-like worlds, hundreds of passingly habitable worlds, and even a few worlds superior to earth, and some space stations", which comes nowhere near the literally thousands of planets you'd need.
>>
>>49759643
>>49759132
>>49759075
>>49755136

One trillion is a very large number.

Hundreds of trillions, while it *sounds* cool, also sounds like a child picking a more biggerer number than his friend to win a playground argument over who is the best at something.

"Infinity! Nuh-uh, Infinity PLUS ONE! No you still lose, cause I have a TRILLION INFINITY!", basically.

I don't feel particularly strongly about this debate one way or the other, but I think taking a hard line on keeping this bigass number might be a mistake.
>>
Well then clearly I'll just add more planets and lots more orbital habitats.
>>
>>49759772
Or mess with the numbers. Either way works.
>>
>>49759772
>>49759789
Okay, again, I really, really don't care about this. It was just an excuse for me to play around with some numbers while I was waiting on a call. There's really no need to change the story for it. I could tell you a dozen things in 40k that are literally impossible. That doesn't mean they need to be changed, it's just fun to think about how the science does or doesn't work.
>>
>>49759968
S'fine. Made me do some math myself and realize I'll need a lot of large space colonies and I love space colonies.
>>
>>49759989
Wait, are you the writefag for the Vetrovnak?
>>
>>49760167
Yes, that would be me.
>>
>>49759765
40k is full of that sort of thing, though. For example, we're told that the Horus Heresy directly killed 2.3 trillion people and that the Scouring was just as bad. Add on deaths from secondary causes, impairment from injuries, and it's a war that affects tens of trillions. Yet there are still meant to be a great many worlds completely untouched.
>>
>>49760204
Like I say, that's just my opinion, nothing more.
>>
>>49760185
Oh. Are you RAWK LAWBSTAR or did you take over for him?
>>
>>49760285
That would be me.
>>
>>49760294
Oh. You might want to hit up your 1d4chan userpage.
>>
>>49760327
Vetro took the time to answer some of the doctrine questions on IRC last night and I typed up notes at https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Talk:Second_Vetrovnak_Incursion
>>
>>49760399
I should learn this IRC sorcery.
>>
>>49760422
Firefox and Chrome both have very straightforward add-ons to use IRC. The Fox has Chatzilla and I think Chrome's gadget is Byrd.
>>
>>49760422
It's pretty straightforward, I picked it up in <5 minutes
>>
File: Alexandri Oda.jpg (1MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Alexandri Oda.jpg
1MB, 2480x3508px
>>49760422
I should go to a strip club.
>>
>>49760439
>>49760446
>>49760465
Yeah, I got it down.

>>49760294
I'm thinking you could by and large get past the no-killing idea with flavor text. There's plenty of ways to integrate it into rules if you really wanted to, like for example low strength weapons with fleshbane to represent that it isn't hurting humans through main strength, rather it's using some aspect of their own biology against them, stunning them. Also probably no blast anti-tank weapons.
>>
File: WHAT THE FUCK.jpg (442KB, 850x1676px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT THE FUCK.jpg
442KB, 850x1676px
>>49760522
Maybe they just don't even bother with preserving soldiers because there's still an entire hive city worth of unarmed innocents down the road.
>>
>>49760606
They have a genetic imperative to avoid harming humans at all costs, as they were designed to be defenders of humanity.
>>
Since I'm no longer the only person writing for the Vetrovnak I figure I should share some thing i've cooked up regarding their internal organization and arsenal.

Due to the way fold drives work a ship's jump range is primarily a function of the drives size. Thus the vetrovnak have the longer range ships carry the smaller range ships by anchoring them to their hulls. I'm still working on the exact terminology but the anchor of a fleet is the Tier-0 vessel which have a jump range in thousands of lightyears and are capable of making them rapidly. Each T-0 carries with it at least five Tier-1 and as of the Second Wave, up to 13 depending on its scale. Each T-1 carries the same in T-2s, and this repeats in a fractal fashion all the way down to the T-5 which is the smallest ship capable of mounting a fold drive which has a range measured in a few dozens of light years. Each tier of ship is of course an order of magnitude smaller than the previous tier to allow for them to stack.

Due to this arrangement ships are designated by a series of six numbers separated by periods. So for the flotilla that Kamir Xazun was part of the ship he was one would be designated as 8.15.0.0.0.0 or just 8.15. Of course this is just what they're represented as in their databases, each ship would have it's name because even if they are space vampires they're still pretty human. As for ranks all I've decided on at the moment is that the person in control of a T-0 is called an admiral and the person in control of a T-1 is called a commodore and that the 0th Fleet never leaves Hvar.

>>49760606
Considering they can be revived so long as they have the head intact worrying about themselves isn't that big of a deal.
>>
>>49760855
>Considering they can be revived so long as they have the head intact worrying about themselves isn't that big of a deal.
So Vindicare assassins would be like the fucking boogyman to them?
>>
>>49760902
In as much as in well trained sniper with a big gun would be. Still gotta be able to catch them since they're fans of cloaking devices.
>>
So, I'd like to have Phirun Soun of the Eyes of the Emperor die in the Second Vetrovnak, but we need to sort out the fate of the Legion before doing that.

Roughly speaking, there are two options. Option A is the familiar Legion broken up into Chapters routine.

Option B is hinted at on the page but not developed. The idea is that Shakya Vardhana declares the Eyes of the Emperor to be done, finished, kaput after the Acharya rebel and turn to Hektor, but he still ends up rallying most of his gene-sons to his banner to fight at Terra. So after the Siege, he's got... let's say several thousand marines without a Legion. I had wanted these warriors to form the sub-elite of the Inquisition's Chamber Militant - filling the niche between Grey Knights and Inquisitorial Storm Troopers. But that is a VERY special role and I hardly feel like I can just dictate it to the rest of the project. If nothing else, there's a valid objection that doing this effectively removes one of the ancient chapters of the First Founding from the setting.

So, how do other writers feel about this?
>>
File: PRP066CulexusAsassin2.jpg (31KB, 285x607px) Image search: [Google]
PRP066CulexusAsassin2.jpg
31KB, 285x607px
>>49760969
Yup, they got dat Vindicare visor for that though. Come to think of it, pretty much all the imperial assassins would give zero fucks about the scawy space vampires, except maybe the callidus, who would have a hard time passing herself off as one of them without the shadow aura thing. Vindicare and Culexus would be absolute fucking nightmares to them.

You want a morale crisis? Take your immortal vampire warriors who are used to being on the superior side of an asymetrical fight, and have them fight snipers who can kill them from miles away, and whom can easily see through their shadowfield, or skull-faced warriors who can obliterate their souls without ever having to worry about hurting their heads.
>>
>>49761174
Eh, I really doubt a culexus would be able to do much against them other than be annoying. If anything the vetrovnak would be the ones deploying agents that could do that to a culexus.
>>
>>49761174
This is a pretty good point and we should make reference to the Inquisition sending out Assassins en masse. Their only problem is figuring out the targets.
>>
>>49761206
How do you figure?
>>
>>49761216
Because the vetrovnak are blanks-but-better? It's sort of their core idea.
>>
>>49761208
>Assassins en masse
I'm pretty sure that this isn't something that happens. Like at all.
>>
>>49761118
A way to do Option B without totally removing the Eyes would be to allow them to create splinter chapters during a later founding. I don't necessarily have a problem with the Eyes taking over such a special role, but I also feel like, over time, they wouldn't be able to stick with that one geneseed, or perhaps political pressures would require them to expand. But with my idea above, the Eyes could still have successor chapters, while these sub-elite would eventually be representative of multiple Legion lineages.
>>
>>49761206
Effectiveness aside, I'm sure that the Imperials would be smashing that glass and getting the assassins on the Vetrovnak case. At the level we write, we don't need to do more than mention that they met with mixed success but that (say) operations on one Hive World were effectively halted by the efforts of a Vindicare Assassin haunting the hives.

>>49761240
>Assassins en masse
To a specific city or world? No. But to a broad region of space? Yes. "Dispatch assassins across this area with a remit to kill any of the alien invaders they find."
>>
>>49761232
I don't see anything on their 1d4chan page indicating that they don't have souls.
>>
>>49761256
>with a remit to kill any of the alien invaders they find."
I want to see how giving an Eversor assassin a blank check works. Hell, you could make a fucking sitcom out of that. A very short one, anyway.
>>
Now I'm wondering why eversor assassins aren't employed en masse. How hard is it to take a guy, give him some augments, hop him up on meth, and strap a bomb to his chest? This seems like something the Imperium would do more often...
>>
>>49761290
Yeah, it's a drastic, desperate measure. I mean, the Imperium has lost communications across a whole Segmentum, they should be near panic.
>>
>>49761266
Because I wrote it from their own perspective. Of course they wouldn't believe a soul is a thing. But all the psyker/warp resistance, the black aura that makes people ignore them among other things, that should all pretty much say "hey we're blanks". Plus they're vampires, why would you assume they have souls anyway? That's like the case in virtually all fiction

>>49761256
Oh I definitely agree.
>>
>>49761321
Penal legions are already dudes hopped up on "meth", with bombs strapped to their chests/necks. The augments are what set Eversors apart, because that shit is both expensive and stupid powerful.
>>
>>49761334
I'm guessing it was more the point that that from the moment an Eversor wakes up, they're in a drug fueled berzerk rage that makes a khorne berzerker look tame by comparison, and that's no exaggeration. Eversor aren't operators or assassins, they're suicide bombers you throw at your enemy and watch the carnage from a safe distance.
>>
>>49761362
Yeah. Look, Eversors obviously aren't going to be operating under their own discretion. They'll be unleashed when their handlers feel that the local situation has gone to hell.

More to hell.

Whatever, you get the idea.
>>
>>49761337
It's worth considering that Eversors affect other blanks and ever freaking necrons, because their natural abilities are focused through their helmet. Do you think your space vampires would have less of a soul than a necron? A negative soul, I guess?

>>49761347
>>49761321
Perhaps it's because those augments put you on level with a freaking Phoenix Lord in terms of physical ability. Plus they have decades of careful psycho indoctrination and training, so that all their training doesn't go out the window the second they wake up. They have insane dexterity and weapon expertise despite the fact that they're angrier than Scarbrand. Think about that.

>>49761400
I love the idea of an eversor waking up and just screaming at the screen the entire time en route to his destination.

I"M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DOING THE FLYING

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>49761430
That's kind of what I wanted to begin with. I don't mean to say they're immune, just resistant and that elder vetrovnak would be able to do it back at the culexus since they don't need the helmet.
>>
>>49761430
>I"M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DOING THE FLYING

Eversors really are the best.
>>
>>49761469
That would be the most fucking metal staring contest in history.
>>
>>49761252
OK. So, what we could do is have the Eyes still tithing their gene-seed so any Third Founding or later Chapter might be descended in whole or in part from them, and activate the Deathwatch when it becomes clear that the Eyes need the support and special skills of other gene-lines. Sound good?
>>
>>49761967
Statman, would you mind stating our big boss??
>>49755936
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chimera_Legion#Untitled_2
>>
>>49762083
Ey, I was just reading about those guys earlier.

I make no promises, but I'll give it a look.

Just out of curiousity, why seek me out for this?
>>
>>49762083
And just to clarify, you want me to stat this Thodos guy?
>>
>>49762082
That sounds like what I was thinking Big G. For the most part, at any rate. I give my thumbs up to that.

>>49762144
Well, Josman, you are the pre-eminent Hektor Heresy stats guy. Why WOULDN'T one come to you?
>>
>>49762205
I feel like you're mocking me.
>>
>>49762220
I'm not. I didn't mean to imply that, and if I did I apologize.
>>
>>49762220
Not Brennus's style. Trust me, he's being sincere.
>>
>>49762232
>>49762234
Well maybe I deserve a little mocking, because I'm not even entirely sure what they want me to do. I'm like 85% sure they mean this Thodos guy, but the link just goes to some writefagging on their main legion page, and this guy doesn't even have his own page. I swear, you people spoiled me, because I had the same problem with the Imperium Asunder people. Their wiki-fu is lacking. Having a single page for the character I'm working on is very useful. Having to put together all the info on a character from a hodgepodge of other info on a main page is... Less useful.
>>
>>49762267
>I swear, you people spoiled me,
We try to make things easy on ourselves, too.
>>
>>49762267
Well, we've had a while to practice our wiki-fu. And, to be fair, I'm still stuck on "Squirrel Tactic." I just copy other people's templates.
>>
Well that was an interesting distraction, but seeing as how they don't seem like they're going to clarify, I guess it's back to business.

Oh and that reminds me, I finally got my new Wacom today, so with any luck I'll be able to start drawfagging again.
>>
>>49762367
>drawfagging
Can you maybe add a mustache to Brennus' portrait? I've always thought he should have one. I will owe you a favor.
>>
File: HNNNG.jpg (25KB, 480x595px) Image search: [Google]
HNNNG.jpg
25KB, 480x595px
>>49762367
>I'll be able to start drawfagging again.
Oh yes please

Remembrancer does great work, but we could always use more artists.
>>
>>49762410
I'll give it a shot tomorrow afternoon when I have some time.

For now, I'm off. Gotta sleep sometime today.
>>
>>49762451
Sleep well, dude.
>>
>>49762410
And when you say mustache, what do you mean? Hitlerstache? Fu Manchu? Handlebar? Twirled? Completely unshaven?
>>
>>49762144
Because you're one of the only statmen around? And I can't trust those fags in the thread to come up with something balanced. I don't know if you're keen to Hua Yuan at all, but statting Nid Dust was a nightmare.

>>49762185
Aye.

>Thodos the Ironbringer
>Daemon Prince of Chaos Undivided
>Has Obliterator like abilities

>>49762267
Sorry, the Wikipage is fresh, and those writefaggotries are the only solid lore we have on Thodos
>>
>>49762367
Can you draw Grand Marshal Judas Ranc?

He looks like Charles Bronson stuffed into a fancy Lord General's uniform.
>>
>>49762367
Josman, I apologise in advance for the mugging you're going to get from people wanting stuff drawn. It would be great to have any new illustrations for the project, so really you should just pick the subjects that interest you.
>>
>>49762473
>Long, braided mustache. At least as long as his beard, and twined with fetishes and runestones.
>>
>>49762479
>Sorry, the Wikipage is fresh, and those writefaggotries are the only solid lore we have on Thodos

That's fine, I'll just get creative.

On another note, an obliterator daemon prince just sounds awesome, why doesn't GW come up with this stuff themselves? I'd buy the fuck out of that model.

>>49762488
Can't promise it quickly, as I have a bunch of stuff for other people to do, and I have to give Brennus his hitler stache, but I'll put it on the list.
>>
File: GLAdmech.jpg (8KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
GLAdmech.jpg
8KB, 246x205px
>>49762521
Don't worry about it. If they get too pushy I'll answer in the most dickish way possible by fulfilling their request exactly as they asked, but have a giant fucking watermark in the middle of the image so they can't actually use it.
>>
>>49762577
All good. If there's any subject on my pages that you'd like to draw but for the lack of visual description, just hassle me in thread or via the wiki.

And if I didn't say so directly, I really liked the rules and write-up for the Four. Terrifying unkillable knights roving the Galaxy is a trope that Chaos should have had but didn't quite get in the OU.
>>
File: re-zero-15-19-betelgeuse.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
re-zero-15-19-betelgeuse.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>49762561
>On another note, an obliterator daemon prince just sounds awesome, why doesn't GW come up with this stuff themselves? I'd buy the fuck out of that model.
What about a LEGIT SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T FREQUENT /d/ beautiful daughter of Nurgle, blighted with the gifts of rot and maggots; her limbs like a fly's, skinny and crusted with keratin; her lanky body pocked with open sores, fungus and worms crawling out from under her skin; her only substantial flesh being her small droopy teets that ooze pus and her potbelly, covering by a thin translucent skin that shows her veiny womb which carries a multitude of nurglings that claw their way out her abdomen?

>>49762608
It should've totally been a thing in canon.
>>
File: 1475200480594.jpg (95KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
1475200480594.jpg
95KB, 728x636px
>>49762608
Sure, start sucking my dick now that I'm drawing stuff, I see how it is.
>>
>>49762619
Jesus zorg, I didn't need that mental image before going to sleep. Thanks for that.
>>
>>49762561
Thank you very much!
>>
>>49762619
Das pretty hot.Only after the last comma though.

Actually, do Primarch's have sex drives?
>>
>>49762648
I don't think so. I don't remember any primarch ever (canonically) making a lewd comment, though there have been a few actual space marines (space wolves, mostly) who've done that, so who knows?
>>
>>49762648
Maybe? Though they probably sublimate them into other activities like slaying the enemies of the Imperium, pyrophilia, and so on.
>>
File: 1472922578519.png (180KB, 429x519px) Image search: [Google]
1472922578519.png
180KB, 429x519px
>>49762635
Sometimes, the Nurglings are forced out the vagina by convulsions during combat
>>
>>49762624
Hey, I've been making favourable comments about your rules for some time now!
>>
File: Space-KKK 2.png (5MB, 2302x1455px) Image search: [Google]
Space-KKK 2.png
5MB, 2302x1455px
>>49762659
>pyrophilia
PYROPHILIA!
>>
>>49762648
I'm going on the record as saying "No, for the love of The Emperor they don't."
>>
>>49762681
So they only have naughty thoughts about daddy?
>>
>>49762608
Where are these knight posted?
>>
>>49762648
>Actually, do Primarch's have sex drives?
My view is that they're not into girls at all so traditional reproduction is impossible. Beyond that, it doesn't seem necessary to detail their sex lives.

>>49762705
>>
File: Aghast Priest.png (88KB, 353x398px) Image search: [Google]
Aghast Priest.png
88KB, 353x398px
>>49762681
>>49762692
They only have naughty thoughts about this girl: >>49762619

Her name is Anorexia. She's a wonderful girl.
>>
>>49762729
You could not have picked a more appropriate face for that.

>>49762720
Thanks.
>>
>>49762672
The 88th Guardsman Regiment "Knights of the Black Crucifix", hailing from the distant Pulaskivs Konfederatien worlds?
>>
>>49762729
Actually, given who her parents would be in the canon, shed probably be genuinely delightful, as long as you could get past the disgusting everything.
>>
File: 1465269681068.jpg (19KB, 447x448px) Image search: [Google]
1465269681068.jpg
19KB, 447x448px
>>49762692
>>49762729
>>
>>49762763
>You could not have picked a more appropriate face for that.
I made it myself!

>>49762777
The Brimstone Fire-Eaters, hailing from Brimstone. It's from waaaaaaaaaaay back in the threads, forgot who drew that and why. I just felt it fit perfectly.

>>49762788
Her tongue is a louse. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cymothoa_exigua
>>
>>49762809
Oh zorg, you scamp,
I aint clicking that shit.
>>
>>49762720
So we have,as our four horsemen of the apocalypse?
>Ottoman Gandalf
>The literal fucking grim reaper
>Richard the lionheart as a walking Valhalla brawl
>A rave knight who moves faster than the eldar and shoots music
I like it! It seems like a modern "THE GRIMDARK MUST BE THE GRIMDARKEST" GW style concept, what with the literal 4 immortal knights of the apocalypse, but the actual knights themselves are slightly campy, weird, vaguely rogue trader ish.

Also, was the ottoman knight named after Suleimon the Magnificent's father and son, or was that a coincidence?
>>
>>49762877
I think Josman's out for the night, but I will point him to that question when I next see him.
>>
>>49762901
Oh shit, yeah, meant to reply to his last post.
>>
File: fish-tongue-louse.jpg (32KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fish-tongue-louse.jpg
32KB, 500x375px
>>49762825
Look, there's a whole family in there!
>>
>>49762926
Ooooh a fish eating a bug.... Losing your edge there buddy.

But whatever, I'm out. Peace.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.