[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 374
Thread images: 66

File: Best General3.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
Best General3.png
1MB, 1014x761px
Thousand Sons, Thousand Funs Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
http://www.mediafire.com/?nz3inu06zfik6nh
>>
File: MICROWAVE CASSEROLE.jpg (211KB, 938x917px) Image search: [Google]
MICROWAVE CASSEROLE.jpg
211KB, 938x917px
First for Magnus did nothing wrong
>>
File: munch la munch.gif (144KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
munch la munch.gif
144KB, 180x180px
REAL TALK PLEASE

Why is everyone so sure End Times is actually happening, what are the hints and or potentially real leaks or rumors?

Also what do you think they will do with the ___fluff___
>>
>>49731986
There have been a bunch of reliable blog posts leaking details of 40k End Times for some time now. Initially it was a hard sell because of how farfetched it all sounds.

It's all coming true.
>>
>>49731959
he tried to copy the ultramarines style, but failed to realize exactly which ancient human culture they drew inspiration from and chose the wrong one
>>
File: mad babby 584.1GB.jpg (181KB, 649x638px) Image search: [Google]
mad babby 584.1GB.jpg
181KB, 649x638px
>>49732024
Do you have any links or details of what they said would happen?
>>
File: 1444633667161.jpg (54KB, 463x343px) Image search: [Google]
1444633667161.jpg
54KB, 463x343px
Am I the only one who feels like new Magnus/1k Sons fluff just doesn't fit with the old?

I mean, all the HH Magnus stuff makes him actually pretty damn cool and undeniably a loyalist and true brother to Russ. Even damned, he works against Tzeench and tries to let the Wolves win.

BUT SUDDENLY, Magnus jumps on Tzeench's offer and goes full daemon asshat with his merry band of continually-screwed-by-Tzeench-but-just-somehow-just-love-Tzeench-now sons. It's really fucking jarring where the new lore was just grafted to the old to make sure Magnus stays a Tzeench-loyal pet for the 41st Millenninum.

I feel like it'd be a thousand times better served by leaving some background hints that Magnus resented Tzeench this whole time and has been slowly plotting some escape from his control, or some Alfa Legumes kinda-maybe-loyal schtick.

And speaking of the Alfalfas, there is still no reason for them to remain traitors after Horus lost, which is another mark of where the new HH lore failed to fully graft to the 40k lore. The godawful, like seriously? "Cabal" told them do the thing to save the universe, so they did the thing, and that didn't work, meaning doing the thing absolutely cannot save the universe anymore, but still they do the thing -- why? Because we need Chaos Alfas.

I honestly try to like the HH stuff, but I feel like more effort needs to be put into it.
>>
File: g_lg_toilet_paper.jpg (6KB, 240x175px) Image search: [Google]
g_lg_toilet_paper.jpg
6KB, 240x175px
>>49731986
>Also what do you think they will do with the ___fluff___
>>
So I get how some (all?) of the Founding Chapters represent an ancient socitey in some way like:

Khan:Mongrels
Ultras:Romans
DA:Medieval Europe
SW:Scandanvians

What are the others?
Were the Chaos Primarch raised in different types of societies as well?
Did those reflect ancient civilization?

BA:Greek?
>>
>>49732138
Emperor's Children - Swedes
Iron Warriors - Finnish
>>
File: 1467214546106.png (230KB, 540x295px) Image search: [Google]
1467214546106.png
230KB, 540x295px
>>49732059
>Primarchs and Demon Primarchs are coming to 40K

>They won't be the same as they are in 30K. They're going to be slightly different to account for the 10k year gap

>We will be seeing The Lion, Russ, Guilliman, Khan, Mortarion, Angron, Perturabo and Magnus

>It will be once all of the 'end times' build up has finished (all of the latest campaigns) and we enter the new age (8th edition)

>GW wants to cash in on FW success with the HH series as well as the fact that we're returning to a 'Golden Era' style GW with the new CEO and Merchandising and Marketing Director - Meaning they are actively listening to us, the customers and are proactively doing what we want now
(Just look at the new Monthly WD with battle reports and painting guides, the new Get Started sets, the new clip n play introductory kids sets, the FAQ/Errata they're doing, the Points Systems for AoS, the social media interaction with the Facebook groups and new Warhammer TV talk show etc!!)

>GW has been paying attention to the success of the HH/30K and to us wanting storyline advancement and more excitement (whilst not wanting a full AoS style reboot) and 8th edition is going to be that. (The latest campaigns, Baal, Curse of the Wulfen, Death Masque etc are all part of that lead up)

>Apparently there is going to be a huge global campaign based around the next Black Crusade and a huge push by Chaos - As well as Nids doing their thing, the Orks going on a Rampage, The Tau pushing out, The Eldar getting themselves involved, The Necrons rising up and The Imperium battling on all fronts. (Business as usual but things are much more desperate!)

>There will be storyline advancement on a scale we've not seen before!!

>Apparently, the next Campaign will feature the Ordo Hereticus and Chaos and after that, we will be seeing the final stages of the lead up - with lots of new a chaos goodies including those Greater Demons, Rubric Marines, Plague Marines and everything else chaos related that's coming!
>>
>>49732198
[citation needed]
I've seen this said here for months and not one semi-reliable source
>>
>>49732138
Word Bearers - The very worst of Abrahamic religions
Imperial Fists - Prussians
Raven Guard - Romanticism
World Eaters - The more slavetastic side of Rome
Thousand Sons - Middle-Eastern cultures(?)
Blood Angels - Renaissance Italy
>>
>>49730205
You: you're retarded for trying to use the "exception proves the rule" fallacy. Get an educaction.

>>49730692
You: you're retarded for thinking the "design team" put any thought at all into their utter failure of a codex. If a fuck-up like Space 0din can do a better job, they must have had some fetal alcohol syndrome downsies on the case & offered cake to the first one who finished.
>>
File: it begiiiiiiiiins.jpg (20KB, 331x314px) Image search: [Google]
it begiiiiiiiiins.jpg
20KB, 331x314px
>>49732198
that sounds pretty ok actually
>>
>>49732223
it was from an anonymous source you fucknugget, doesn't change that a lot of it has since come true
>>
>>49732123
>all the HH Magnus stuff makes him actually pretty damn cool and undeniably a loyalist
>all
Only in black library's books. In other sources he's hubristic to the extreme and not the least bit remorseful for his actions.

>there is still no reason for them to remain traitors after Horus lost
In older fluff, they joined horus not because they believed in him, but because they wanted to prove themselves (and their tactics) superior to the loyal legions. That's why they didn't give a fuck about the siege and just went around starting fights with other marines wherever they could.

In newer fluff, alpharius is dead and omegon is forced into acting the part of the traitor for horus. No one knows where they're going with it, but Omegon using the scouring to get himself killed out of grief for his actions isn't completely out of the picture.
>>
>>49732254
>anonymous, unidentified source
Yeah nah stop that. Whats come true? other than the addition of death masque after it came out the copypasta's stayed constant for months with no source posted.
>>
>>49732271
>Only in black library's books.
Well, yes. By "new HH" I meant the HH series. Unless there's also some new, non-BL supplements to the HH coming out that I've missed?
>>
>>49732314
You said "all HH", not just the new stuff.
>>
>get to play a game again
>2v2 1k each
>maybe I won't get screwed by random luck
>turn 1 space Marine played drops orbital strike on ally unit
>scatters 8" directly towards my SoB command squad immo
>barely clips the front
>wrecked
>maybe it was a fluke
>roll other immolators forward
>half inch shy of double melta against a Russ
>one fails to pen
>second rolls double 1 and misses
>chimera wrecks one Immo with HB and lasers
>plasma russ annihilates squad inside
>2 scatter far enough to wreck the second
>its ok, my outflanking Doms will help! >come in on the far side of the table

That was a rough game for both of us. The high point was him failing a Ld10 roll to get a Bloodthirster that would've potentially saved us.
>>
>>49732292
...Primarchs, for one? Fucking Magnus is back and that is forecast to be just the beginning of this all.

Feel free to disregard it all as wishful thinking/shitstirring, I know I did at first. Maybe it's not all accurate. Maybe it is. Either way, shit's happening.
>>
>>49732357
The sentence beforehand used "new Magnus/1k Sons fluff" as the subject, meaning I was talking about that, and contrasting it with the old. Then the next sentence talks about "the Horus Heresy Magnus stuff," which, by the prior subject, should have indicated that I'm talking about The Horus Heresy stuff still - indeed even why I included "HH" in the first place as either new or old Magnus is involved in the Horus Heresy event, and this is further supported by describing Magnus in the same light that the HH (as in The Horus Heresy Series, in case you're falling behind) describes him. Finally, this should have been even further solidified when I talk about how this "new" stuff was grafted to the old stuff - so even if you had missed the subtle cues before, it should be clear that I talking about the new HH Series Magnus in hindsight.

I'm not sure how you missed this, but I'll work on being less vague next time to make sure there's no misunderstandings.
>>
File: tumblr_mrgxalYE321s691rpo1_500.jpg (121KB, 500x645px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrgxalYE321s691rpo1_500.jpg
121KB, 500x645px
>>49731959
Remind you of anyone desu?
>>
>>49732198

So more chaos wank material? Who loves chaos so much inside GW?
>>
>>49732459
>Fucking Magnus is back
wait what since when
>>
>>49732535
>>49731959
Literally the first post fampai
Try to keep up
>>
So, nothing new about the Blood Ravens? The supposed "loyalist Thousand Sons"?
>>
>Haven't played in many, many years
>Decide to get an army together
>After much research (but not actually looking at GW's site), come up with a 1000 points list
>Go check what MSRP is now, just to see
>$510 for 1000 points, even after the SC! savings
>Decide to try a few other possible list variations for fun
>They all come out to about $500 for 1000 points

Being Canadian is suffering. Fucking $10/each plastic army men.
>>
Oh man, I'm not even a long enough 40kid to be a weapons grade grognard, but NOT MUH
>>
File: Untitled.png (489KB, 500x645px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
489KB, 500x645px
>>49732479
Hmm, yess, I sees it.
>>
>>49732579

>if I had to play space Marines, I'd do blood ravens for that reason
>cant because "Lol dawn of war bro?! XD"
>>
>>49732579
Confirmed not TS
>>
File: radstealer.png (359KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
radstealer.png
359KB, 800x600px
Anyone have that one image of the Radical Inquisitor to match pic related? I'm retarded and didn't save it.
>>
>>49732614
Since when?
>>
>>49732608

Are you ok? Do you want me to call someone?
>>
>>49732639
>On 16th september 2016 Laurie Goulding confirmed they're not Thousand Sons writing on The First Expedition.

>Freelancer: "The reason I'm going you throw that into the mix is because of blood ravens in 40k. I don't think we know much about the heresy battle bar the blood ravens parent chapter were involoved. If that's the thousand sons it would be safe to assume the battle would of been post Prospero. "
>Laurie Goulding: It's not the Thousand Sons...
>Freelancer: "So does that mean Laurie your prevy to the origins of the blood ravens?"
>Laurie Goulding: "I know exactly what the deal is with the Blood Ravens... I also know exactly what the deal is with Revuel Arvida. The two are in NO WAY connected, and people need to stop reading so much into video games from ten years ago."
>>
>>49732392
>scatters 8" directly towards
I thought Orbital was either direct hit or full 12" scatter
>>
>>49732535
>>49732548
And posted all over the last 2-3 threads
>>
File: Capture.png (352KB, 445x630px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
352KB, 445x630px
>>49732614
Yeah nah. Prove it.

>>49732618
You talking about muh boi Obiwan Sherlock Clousseau?
>>
>>49732663

The plasma Scattered
>>
>>49732660

He sounds a little buthurt. Especially since nowhere in the games the connection was mentioned. It was in the books.
>>
>>49732663
It's full as in BS isn't subtracted, if we're thinking about the same thing.
>>
>>49732660
>and people need to stop reading so much into video games from ten years ago."
lul wut? The BR = 1k thing has nothing to do with Dawn of War. What's this guys anal inflammatory deal?
>>
>>49731959

Has Magnus become a true puppet of Tzeentch at this point? He is a creature of the warp now, no longer human, and Tzeentch's sorcerous corruption has taken hold of him.

Is he still trying to out-scheme Tzeentch and help the Emperor? Or is he just concerned with getting revenge on the space puppers? Seems like being spiritually altered to daemonhood and receiving the Mark of a Chaos God would fundamentally change the nature of his soul, even if he had one of the strongest souls in the galaxy.
>>
>>49732691
Oh well shit, I've been doing that wrong.. Thank you.
>>
>>49732689
>>49732705
Because people need to get over it?
>>
>>49732660

Bullshit, the autor even said it was too obvious and apologized about it.
>>
Are DE Scourge any good? I want to run as many as possible but someone a few threads back said they suck and will die no matter what. Theoretical loadout: 5 with 4 Haywire, 5 with 4 Heat Lance, 5 stock, total = 320 points.
>>
>>49732646

There are a few extremely annoying DoW faggots that hang around my LGS. It's almost impossible to play a game of 40k without hearing about the same DoW shit for the millionth time.
>>
>>49732725

Get over what?
>>
Hey guys is there any fundamental difference between the Imperial Knight Errant/Paladin and the Warden/Gallant/Crusader kits? Aside from the obvious weapons.
>>
File: 1383446769706.png (55KB, 276x251px) Image search: [Google]
1383446769706.png
55KB, 276x251px
>>49732660
>Laurie Goulding said
Hey, isn't that the same guy who said, "40k canon is no longer something fans should interpret and anything I write is the exact canon" in some forum post?
>>
>>49732770
He IS right about that,,, I mean if a writer (like him for example) came in and retconned something, then guess what, its retconned.
>>
>>49732725
What exactly are you talking about? Get over the teases GW put out for us before? Or get over a game that has no relevance to the topic in question that this guy used as a scapegoat for some reason?
>>
Any suggestions on how to improve my Lions Blade?
I have a huge collection of Ravenwing and have a solid RW Strikeforce at 500pts to add to this list for 2000pt games.
Don't have any other transports right now besides the Razorbacks.

Lion's Blade Detachment 1499

Core (1368pts)

Company Master (115pts)
>Combi-Flamer, Jump Pack

Chaplain (115pts)
>Combi-Flamer, Jump Pack

Six 5-man Tactical Squads (90pts) (No Wargear, just free razorbacks)
>Razorbacks w/ TL Lascannons

5-man Assault Squad (85pts)
>Jump Packs

7-man Assault Squad (154pts)
>Eviscerator, 2x Flamers

5-man Devastator Squad (130pts)
>4x Misile Launcher

5-man Devastator Squad (230pts)
>4x Grav Cannon and Gravamp

Ravenwing Attack Squadron Auxillary (130pts)

Ravenwing Attack Bike (55pts)
>Multi-Melta

Ravenwing Land Speeder (75pts)
Multi-Melta (10pts), Multi-Melta (15pts)

Fluffwise I just really like the idea of my close-knit 5-man squads just rolling up to Objectives and doing their job.
The full BS Overwatch has been great.

My main opponents lately have been Nurgle CSM/Daemons, Dark Eldar, Ultramarines and KDK. We play 1500-2000pts
>>
>>49732709
Well, if the fact that we're waiting on Curse of the Wulfen Pt. 2 means anything, it's probably that that's when we'll see the Thousand Sons and Magnus come in to flick the Puppers on their beg, wet noses.
>>
>>49732709
>Has Magnus become a true puppet of Tzeentch at this point?
Aren't we all just true puppets of Tzeentch, anon?
>>
>>49732759

Also is 100 bucks for NIB Warden good?
>>
>>49732807

Nah, he actually has no plans and just take credit for all the bullshit that happens in the galaxy.
>>
>>49732709
He was a puppet of tzeentch the second he escaped from russ and gave himself to chaos.

or, if you think he still had personal agency after that, he became a puppet of tzeentch when he became a daemon prince and claimed his planet in the Eye.
>>
>>49732759
>Aside from the weapons
No. The latter three are the exact same box, but with extra weapons. The former two are the same box as well, but with less weapons.

>>49732815
Saves $57.
>>
>>49732792

>Lions Blade
>Against Deldar

You sound like the kind of monster who kicks puppies and ties women to train tracks.
>>
>>49732738
I mean they die as much as every other damn Dark Eldar but my friend brings two units of 6 of them. 4 with Haywire, 4 with Dark Lances.
>>
>>49732843

I could pickup an Errant for 75. Should I just go with that?
>>
File: 1384736927795.png (17KB, 227x200px) Image search: [Google]
1384736927795.png
17KB, 227x200px
>>49732807
>Aren't we all just true puppets of Tzeentch, anon?
There certainly weren't any puppets when the 3 bullies got together and broke Tzeench's magic stick. He just sullenly sits in the corner these days whispering "Just as planned" over and over as he pretends he still has any power left. The Tzeench is to be pitied, not feared.
>>
>>49732527

Judging by their rules, no one.
>>
Putting my 3 armies up on ebay

Thank god GW finally made me leave the hobby, now I can be free.
>>
>>49732876

>pretends he still has any power
>pretends

dude, his favorite Legion is about to invade Fenris again
>>
File: Blue_Scribes2.jpg (225KB, 388x560px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Scribes2.jpg
225KB, 388x560px
>>49732876
>>
>>49732856
Luckily for both of us he isn't a shit player and we don't play crazy competitively.

He brings a ton of venoms and warriors with some trueborn(?) and those heavy ships (Reavers?) then 3 MSU Jetbike squads with whatever weapon.
>>
>>49732889

Are you sure? Both fantasy and 40k will/already ends with "LOL CHAOS KILLS EVERYTHING AND ARE THE STRONGEST THE END"
>>
>>49732024
Its not

Im an insider
>>
>>49732892
Neat, have a good life anon.
Hope you are selling them at a Pro-Painted Premium.
>>
>>49732738
They don't "suck" really. People just tend to focus them with extreme prejudice as they are extremely good at killing their important shit, and unlike devastators, they don't have powered armor or T4 to protect themselves. Use cover when you can, and until your opponents actually catch onto their extreme killy weapons and wet paper bodies, you'll get some fun games out of them before they caw-caw to the grave.
>>
>>49732198
>actively listening to us, the customers and are proactively doing what we want now
If 8th edition is actually a decent set of rules I'll flip the fuck out.
>>
>>49732915
But it isn't the end because Age of Sigmar/Emperor continued the story :^)
Chaosfags BTFO :^)))
>>
Since Luna Wolves/Sons Of Horus were considered the best/greatest among all chapters pre-Heresy, and they got close to beating the Emperor during the Heresy, is the Black Legion still the best/greatest among all SM/CSM chapters/legions? Can the Ultramarines even compete?
>>
>>49732865
>>49732932

Well, that's (moderately) reassuring. Thanks for the info, anons.

It's not like I expect to win anyway with DE, lel
>>
>>49732905

Reavers are the bikes
Ravagers are the heavy gun ships
Voidravens are the heavy planes
Trueborn are elite slot warriors with lots of heavy and special weapons

I have a bunch of deldar I'm having trouble convincing myself to finish because I'm already losing every game I play
>>
>>49732974
Nah, the Black Legion lost to wounded, starving, half-dead Luna Wolves for weeks in the Heresy. The last of the Luna Wolves died on Istvaan. Black Legion has no relation to real heroes.
>>
>>49733004

>""""heavy""""

laughing techmarines.jpg
>>
>>49732865
>>49732932

Question: can I take an HQ with a WWP and deep strike it with Scourges?
>>
>>49733041
Yes.

Don't. Please.
>>
File: hqdefault(2).jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(2).jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>49733052

why not?
>>
Have any other Space Marine players started with an official chapter, only to want to make your own? I started with Raven Guard - and still absolutely love them - but just feel like starting my own guys instead of continuing them.
>>
>>49732738
A deepstriking unit with 4 of either heat lances or haywire blasters will most likely make its points back.
>>
>>49733080
Because its not a good way to spend points.
>>
>>49733090
Do you mean like fluffing up a custom successor chapter?
>>
>>49733121
Yeah, like making my own color scheme and writing some fluff.
>>
>>49733080
Because Scourges already deep strike and you're spending 100 pts just to have them not scatter.
>>
>>49733115

But anon they're already being spent on Dark Eldar

Idk. I have a bunch of Deldar I haven't put together, and I'm having trouble with motivation.
>>
>>49733080

Why would you? The Scourge already have DS capabilities so you're effectively stranding your HQ and spending 30 (or really 100+) points to mitigate the scatter. The only universe in which I could possibly see it being useful is if you put a stabby dude with heat lance scourge, dropped them in melta range, popped a transport, and then the next turn stabbed the guys who were inside. Which is silly.

>>49733099

Thank you for the advice as well, anon. Can't wait to fly around dying from dangerous terrain tests and getting shot in the face :^) But in all seriousness I really like the model so it's good to hear they're at least viable.
>>
File: DA LoT921.jpg (149KB, 1664x943px) Image search: [Google]
DA LoT921.jpg
149KB, 1664x943px
>>49733127
Then yeah definitely.

A lot of people in my meta have backstories and named characters for their army, which has been cool.

I switched to handwriting my fluff as its easier to do at work and haven't updated my google.doc in forever.

DA Successor: Angels of Vindication
>>
>>49732871
Depends on how you want to equip your Knight, really.
>>
File: Capture.png (247KB, 893x329px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
247KB, 893x329px
>>49733138
>>49733041
Anon, it's clear you are new to DE, so I, a veteran, have something saved up just for you. Give me a second.
>>
I hope Forgeworld gives us some new design super heavies for the new Adeptus Titanicus. The new Brass Scorpion design would be awesome, in particular. As would the modern design greater Daemons in 8mm.
>>
>>49733211

I'd like to magentize all the weapons but I can just pick the weapons on eBay right?
>>
>>49733217

You're very correct. I'm fairly new in general.
>>
File: Arkon Shazbot.png (718KB, 900x986px) Image search: [Google]
Arkon Shazbot.png
718KB, 900x986px
>>49733138
>>49733041
Dear mon-key, I am Boss-Arkon Shazbot.

It has recently come to my attenshun that you gits are complaining about our codeks. Well, if you'd stop using stupid 'umie- ahem, stupid mon-key tactics and started using roight propa kunnin' like any good orkon, you'd realize we have our strongest codeks yet. Let me explain.

We don't need no trueboyz in a venom jinkin' about like some cowardly grot too afraid to loose some teef. We have the strongest anti-tank in the game and all I hear from you raff is lances and heywhy-er. No, you gits. If it's tank bustin' you want, it's rammin' you gotta do. Attach some shokk prows to yer speed boats for that AV14, and get to rammin'! We have 6 fast attakk choices for a reason, and take some dedikated rammers whenever you can, but don't go filling them with boyz like some mon-key. They ain't gonna hit anything when your going propa fast anyways. And remember, if you gotta jink, you still going propa fast for rammin' and tank shokkin'. And you get some dark lance potshots while your at it.

And speaking of, our boyz are looking better than ever. BS4, poisen 4+, and only 8 pts a boy. I hear those orks gotta slog em across an entire table, but we are more kunnin' than that. Take a boss with a webwey tellyporta and a mob and drop em roight next to the enemy. We can take 20 of 'em for a reason, you gits. With rapid fire, youz putting out 40 poisen shots on the spot. I'd like to see the mon-key that gets up after that!

So you see, a good proper kaball ought to look like

>Arkon with webwey tellyporta x2 (190)

>20 Kaball boyz x2 (320)

>Raider with Shokk Prow x6 (390)

That's only a soggin' 900/1000 pts. Plenty of room for some red sails to go fasta, or x5 inkubie for some real krumpin', or x6 night shields for the jinking shokk raiders, or some blastas for the boyz, or what have you.

So get out there and get to fightin' you gits. This is a friendly message from Boss-Arkon Shazzbot of the Red Krumpin' Kommandos Kaball.
>>
>>49733226
you can, but it's probably cheaper to just get the discounted warden since he comes with all of the weapon options
>>
>>49733231

As funny as that is, 40 poison shots doesn't even kill 5 space Marines...
>>
>>49733279
No but 45 shots does!

45 shots, 30 hits, 15 wounds, 5 dead.
>>
>>49733296

Just shoot me now

>>49733231

I am seriously tempted to proxy this now.

>Enhanced Aethersails + Shock Prow = giant flying arrow of death
>GOTTA GO FAST
>>
>>49733296

What about when the other combat squad throws a grenade and kills half the unit before assaulting and sweeping the other half?
>>
File: Capture.png (29KB, 908x258px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
29KB, 908x258px
>>49733279
I know. I was stunned when I found that out.

The trick though is just to get them to start running. Once you do, tank shock em linearly towards their board edge. They have to run each time you reach them, so they'll go the full distance you can.

>>49733296
You have room for 2 splinter cannons (which moved, so only 4 shots each), plus the orkon himself shoots. Close enough, right?

>>49733328
>I am seriously tempted to proxy this now.
The Red Krumpin' Kommandos Kabal is a real army I have. Still working on Orkon Shazzbot himself though.
>>
>>49733350

>tank shock the Marines
>random mook death or glory with a Krak
>explodes raider

>>49733296

I think the best use is actually with the SC! formation because Hatred
>>
File: 532353245325.jpg (205KB, 1024x1184px) Image search: [Google]
532353245325.jpg
205KB, 1024x1184px
>Deldar and Orks pretending they have it worst

Fuckin' Xenos I swear.
>>
>>49733422

You can actually kill a space marine, and you're not even a real army, you're an Elites choice. Stop whining. If you were a real army it might make sense.

>>49733350
>The Red Krumpin' Kommandos Kabal is a real army I have. Still working on Orkon Shazzbot himself though.

Post pics. What's the fluff? Orks accidentally into Commorragh?
>>
File: 1475301518465.jpg (999KB, 1677x2199px) Image search: [Google]
1475301518465.jpg
999KB, 1677x2199px
Anyone ever play pic related?

I've wanted to run a 3 person game for a while now, but I'm not sure if the game honestly can support it.
>>
File: Capture.png (7KB, 638x79px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7KB, 638x79px
>>49733397
I said when they're already runnin', ya git.
>>
>>49733422
>>49733422
Lol that is burt reynold face right
>>
File: 1449456140566.jpg (78KB, 525x719px) Image search: [Google]
1449456140566.jpg
78KB, 525x719px
>>49733422
>actually thinking MilTemp has a worse deal than DEldar
>>
>>49733445
Fuck youuuuuuuu.
>>
>>49733450

>implying Krak Marine didn't already blow up the raider the first time
>>
>>49733422
Burt Reynolds, what does that pistol looking thing you have do? It has no rules.
>>
>>49733449
Never played pic related more than once, years ago, but I ran three player games for a long time until very recently.

The game doesn't really support it. Broken Alliance is a good reference when the rules queries come up (they will) but you may as well play standard missions, the system is about as balanced for them as anything else with three players.

In the end we just ended up forging alliances and arranging the games as 2v1
>>
>>49733506
Isn't that the Medic sawgun?
>>
>>49733525
Yes, but it still has no rules.
>>
>>49733470
Seriously, why does this exist?
>>
>>49732198
If they were ever to so something as dramatic as a progression lile that in the 40k universe, it would absolutely be space marines vs chaos. Its just so brutally generic but makes complete sense. It's not going to be oh god necrons were actually under the surface of every planet! or a SHIIIT ORKS AND THEIR CRAZY MACHINES AND HOODLUM MAGIC. It's going to be two of the most arguably iconic armies in 40k to duke it out. But I have doubts we will see this shit before fall of 2017 or even a bit further then that.
>>
>>49733562
Necrons are by far the lamest 40k army. Orks need love though.
>>
>>49733560
Because loyalists want to play Deldar style while actually being able to kill shit.
>>
>>49733562
>I have doubts we will see this shit before fall of 2017 or even a bit further then that.
Rumors I've heard have placed the release of 8th around summer 2017. No, I can't give a source. It's just what I've read, but take it with a whole bag of salt.
>>
>>49733013
Wait I thought Istvaan was an instant kill ambush on the Wolves. When did they actually fight?
>>
How do I make a Freebooters army
>>
>>49733620
Being Marines there were surprisingly large numbers of survivors after the initial virus bombing.

Then Angron dropped in against Horus' orders and started to kill shit. It went downhill from there but it took weeks for the remaining loyalists to be defeated. Kind of pathetic really when you consider even before the bombs were dropped Horus' forces had superior numbers and were better equipped.
>>
>>49733607
I feel like they would need a bit more build up. You cant just blow your load and not cash in on that build up money. Imagine if they ended a white dwarf with a picture of The Lions eyes opening up. Like fuuuuuck
>>
>>49733607

>release plastic sisters
>make AoS style grand armies 2 months later

Like pottery
>>
I honestly can't see them pulling an AoS on 40k. Fantasy sold like shit it there wasn't much to be lost but 40k is their cashcow.

Also, they seem to have gotten a lot more.. for a lack of a better word 'human' recently?
>>
File: Rubies-Godzilla-2014-Adult-Mask.jpg (1MB, 1418x1721px) Image search: [Google]
Rubies-Godzilla-2014-Adult-Mask.jpg
1MB, 1418x1721px
What things trigger your autism the most when playing?
>>
>>49733751
people who obviously deliberately move their miniatures father than they can

>measure out 6"
>put the lead guy at like 7"
>some of the guys in the back zoom forward 8" or more
like, dude, I have eyes
>>
File: Untitled.png (207KB, 448x454px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
207KB, 448x454px
>>49733445
>Post pics.
It's not converted yet.

Basically, when I first got into 40k, I picked up a bunch of the old raiders and kabalites already painted on ebay. I figured red for the kabal, purple for the wych cult. They were cheap, and DE raiders were my favorite 40k unit, so it just werked.

Now that I'm actually working on a real army myself, with the newer models, I was wondering what to do with my old ones. The kabalites are awful - some of them must have melted a little at some point with their previous owners. I called them the Downs Warriors, and the raiders look like an ork painted them. At the same time, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada came out and everyone was talking about the ork ships and ramming.

I knew then what must be done.

Since I'm just salvaging 6 raiders and about 60 kabalites, I'm not sure how far I actually want to take it with conversions. Probably just finish converting a couple of kommandos into arkons, maybe add the rest to the raiders themselves with some orkish flair. For now, I just use a pair of the old female dracons in their place and use it as a fun army for 1,000 pts as I work on my real one.

If we (as in DE) survive this End Times shitstorm, I might invest more into my Krumpin' Kommandos. Real orks converted with kabalite bits, better (more thematic) paint on the raiders, and so on.

For fluff, it still depends on if they're deldar boyz or orks. Either way, it begins with pic related. Some kommandos did better at infiltrating the city than their rancorous cousins and set up shop. They soon found that the eldar value brutal an' kunnin' and proceeded accordingly. Orkordingly, more like.
>>
>>49733751
people who toss their minis about while playing

Also people who touch your miniatures without asking.
>>
>>49733735
Sigmar has given them a lot of hope. I swear that shit did way better then Ive read online. I know people that had little to no interest in tabletop gaming are playing this shit. Even a good amount of people that are 40k enthusiasts are picking up the Sigmar side army. They have a huge amounts of shareholders to impress, they will feel the waters but will eventually take the dive.
>>
File: 1466393139162.png (13KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
1466393139162.png
13KB, 217x232px
>>49733751
Shitlord opponents who always win and only lose because I cheated. It's only unfair when someone else is doing it to them, etc.

The kind of people who sigh deeply when going to pick up their models I killed then turn around with a shit eating grin as they announce their cover-ignoring gravspam has wiped my squad.

Fuck those people.
>>
The only thing I care about is there being more fodder for ITEHATTSD episodes.
>>
File: 1474054141192.gif (2MB, 244x194px) Image search: [Google]
1474054141192.gif
2MB, 244x194px
>>49733751
> Hey can I see your list?
> Its in my head
>>
>>49733751
Cocked dice mucking about, checking up on any little rule, "no wait let me do this instead", "oh wait I meant to do this in the movement phase" when we're at the tail end of the shooting phase and time wasting in general.
>>
>>49733827
gosh anon you sure do play with some emotional people.
>>
>>49733845
>expecting people to bring checked and notorized lists to every game
>>
File: 1409728693593.gif (206KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
1409728693593.gif
206KB, 525x525px
>>49733818
>Also people who touch your miniatures without asking.
>>
>>49731878
Is there any reason for an Imperial Guard vehicle to equip a Storm Bolter over a Heavy Stubber. From what I see, Heavy Stubbers are superior in every way due to putting down more shots and having a better range.
>>
>>49733875
even just some scratch paper with wargear and points jotted down is better than "it's in my head"
>>
>>49733875
I'm not one of those "REEEE YOU'RE ONE POINT OVER THE LIMIT" types, but is it really that hard to grab a calculator and write shit down?
>>
>>49733751
People mixing armor marks.

MkII and MkIII can go together because they're the same armor mark, one just has extra plating bolted on.

MkVI and VII can go together, as mark VII is an uparmored, yet slightly downgraded MkVI.

MkVIII and MkVII can go together, as mark VIII is an upgraded MkVII.

MkV and MIV can go together, because MkV is just Chinese MkIV.
>>
File: 1371792481948.jpg (63KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
1371792481948.jpg
63KB, 300x444px
>>49733863
Do you not? I'm all for getting fired up in the moment but the duality of "oh wow your FRFSRF lasguns killed my Terminators? Fuck Guard so broken 3 shot guns on troops" followed by "so my Drop Pod is modeled open, no cover save for your Russ there... Oh look Immobilized and lost 3 HPs! Haha :^)" is astounding.
>>
>>49733875
I may play a few nid lists i know at the top of my head but I will still always bring a list out of respect for my opponent. Against friendlies its different.
>>
>>49733903
Fighting people with 5+ armor, I guess.
>>
>>49731959

Pinhead.
>>
File: Capture.png (10KB, 907x86px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
10KB, 907x86px
>>49733939
>>49733903
Actually, I take that back. Heavy Stubbers are strictly better than Storm Bolters against every target except 5+ Sv targets, where they are equal.

So no, literally no reason to take Storm Bolters over Heavy Stubbers.
>>
>>49733958
>>
File: 1394422428368.png (1MB, 860x866px) Image search: [Google]
1394422428368.png
1MB, 860x866px
How does this list for 1850 look anons?

Primary detachment - Renegades and Heretics (using seige of vraks)
HQ
Command Squad(5) - chimera, covenant of nurgle - 110 points
Troops
Plague Zombies(20) - 60 points
Plague Zombies(20) - 60 points

Heavy Support
Rapier Laser Destroyers(3) - militia training, extra crew(3) - 79 points

Rapier Laser Destroyers(3) - militia training, extra crew(3) - 79 points

Wyverns(3) - default -165 points

Traitors Hate Formation (Black Legion)
CSM Lord - Lightning claw, spineshiver blade, sigil of corruption, bike, mark of nugle - 165 points

Chaos Warband
Chaos Lord- Lightning Claw, combi-plas,
CSM squad(5) - 1 plasma gun, combi-plas, melta bombs, rhino - 130 points
CSM squad(5) - 1 plasma gun, combi-plas, melta bombs, rhino - 130 points
Helbrute - multimelta, powerfist - 100 points
Biker squad(3) - 2 meltaguns, combi-melta, melta bombs, mark of nurgle(3) - 111 points
Chosen(5) - 4 plasma guns, combi-plas, melta bombs, rhino - 200 points

Cult of Destruction
Warpsmith - aura of dark glory, mark of nurgle - 140 points
Obliterator(1) - mark of nurgle - 76 points

Total Points: 1847

Kitted out lord goes with bikes, other lord rides with chosen. The list feels clunky to me, but I have yet to test any of the new traitor's hate stuff. Should I drop wyverns for obliterators to maximize their formation? The bikes are clunky, what can I do to fix that? The reason why I'm not using a purge detachment is a lack of artillery pieces in my collection.
>>
>>49732709

Yes, he swore his loyalty and soul to Tzeentch. He utterly under his thrall.
>>
>>49732198
that sounds pretty fucking good desu
I dont see the problem
as long as things dont get simplified to the nth extent and armies dont get shafted
>>
>>49733845
>It's in my head.
>By the way all of the transports are free because of a formation you haven't heard of before.
>No I didn't bring a rulebook either. Why are you giving me a hard time?
>>
File: Archaon vs Sigmar.png (4MB, 1968x1172px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon vs Sigmar.png
4MB, 1968x1172px
>>49732949
In stages and eras.

In the WHFB era, Chaos God won and the world was destroyed.

In AoS, during the Age of Myth, Chaos invaded again. Chaos won and ushered the Age of Chaos that lasted a hundred years of bloodshed and slavery.

The Age of Chaos ended when Sigmar began his crusade to reclaim the reams. Thus began the Age of Sigmar. However, visions of future show that Archaon and Chaos are destined to destroy Sigmar and bring about a new age of suffering for all.

You see, Chaos will always win because in the end of the day they are the wronged party aka the guys in the right.
>>
>>49733820
>I know people that had little to no interest in tabletop gaming are playing this shit
That's because AoS is only slightly more advanced than slamming plastic army men together and saying "bang, bang"
>>
>>49732709
>>49732840
I'd say the moment when Ahriman killed 80% of the legion, and Magnus wasn't given permission to kill him was probably the moment when he became a Tzeentch puppet.

It's why I don't really like him. At least Ahriman is all self-centered ambition and doesn't even acknowledge Tzeentch as affecting his plans.
I assume. Didn't read the recent Ahriman books but I heard they humanized him in the worst way
>>
>>49733751
When people blame dice rolls for their loss.
>>
>>49734140
>roll 21 1s in a single phase
>you need better tactics man xD
>>
>>49733875
Battlescribe exists and almost everyone that plays any sort of wargame has a smartphone.
>>
>>49734152
>inb4 the one sperg with a 2001 flip phone because "I'm still on this cheap. Grandfather plan!"
>>
>>49733875
Yes, actually I do, that's not a lot to expect. I won't even start a game with someone until after we've traded lists and read each others.
>>
>>49734138
Ahriman is a puppet of Tzeentch. The fact that he pretends otherwise is a delicious irony for the Court of Change.

Nobody in existence has served Tzeentch as well as Ahriman, to the point that Tzeentch is willing to reward Ahriman with the ultimate gift that nobody under his thrall ever got or enjoyed.
>>
>>49734150
>Opponent rolls nothing but 21 1s in a single phase
>"Wow anon, your army is so broken"
>>
>>49733653
Give everyone pirate hats.
>>
>>49734163
I don't use a smartphone

but I also make sure I have a physical list and rules on hand when I go to play, so it never comes up.
>>
>>49734183
God I hate this so much. When uber-cheese WAAC faggots running Eldar start losing to your Tyranid list because they have no experience playing against something that isn't equally cheesy and start accusing a Codex literal leagues worse of being OP, it's blood-boiling.
>>
>>49734150
I know you're exagurating, but my first 40k game
>Friend rolls six dice
>They all end as 2's.
>"Wait just one damn second!"
>Takes my last two dice, rolls them into the pot.
>Also 2's.
>Literally eight 2's in a row, all staring up at us.
>He only needed 2+ to mulch my guardsmen.
It was crazy. We'd been using those dice all game. He also managed five 5's at once later on. Tried rolling the last three to see if he could pull off another set, but didn't manage it.

The dice gods are indeed capricious and callous to mortal wants.
>>
>>49734190
I don't understand how this isn't standard.

Like, no, if you don't have the proper rulebooks and the list written out we aren't starting the game, bro. I'm not dealing with the inevitable rules argument that comes up because you're trying to play this insanely bloated system from fucking memory while also having a horrible bias.
>>
>>49734200

I'm actually not exaggerating. The first time I played daemons since 5th edition, I rolled 21 1s in a single turn including grounding my LoC with a 2++ rerollable from his own perils.
>>
>>49734219
Capricious and callous to mortal wants.

Damn, that sucks, man.
>>
>>49732123
Both your questions are summed up by the corrupting process of Chaos.

Seriously, why would Magnus or the Alfalfas be able to go hundreds or thousands of years without becoming corrupted?
>>
>>49734219
In a row? Shit.

Worst I've ever had was a dual AC Contemptor who rolled 9 1s out of 12 shots in one attack. He had CTs and rerolled them though
>>
>>49734232
>Seriously, why would Magnus or the Alfalfas be able to go hundreds or thousands of years without becoming corrupted?
Better question, why would Alfalfa remain traitors a single second after Horus died?
>>
>>49734199
My friend plays suit spam tau, I play swarm nids.
He swears up and down that nids are unfair and broken, meanwhile he just sets up a gunline and mulches my nids while I have to use ACTUAL TACTICS like distraction Carnifex' and so forth to put a reliable dent in anything. [Spoiler]I usually lose anyways, he still complains when 30+ gaunts kill a riptide in 3 turns[/spoiler] life is suffering
>>
>>49734240
>Yeah so, uh, Dorn and uh, especially Guilliman look we're sorry for rebelling and fighting with the traitors but hey you won! Please let us come back to the loyal side
>>
File: WAAAAGH.jpg (93KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
WAAAAGH.jpg
93KB, 500x500px
>>49734199
>Playing Orks against Tau
>Use nothing but Bikers, Stormboyz and Trukks to complete tactical objectives, assaulting when needed
>Opponent stands in the corner the entire match
>Somehow surprised when I end up with more VP
>"Jeez anon Orks are broken!"
>>
>>49734225

Yea. It was against Orks, and it almost made me want to quit the game for good. I'm still debating it.

>>49734237
More or less. My first roll of the game on T1 was snake eyes on the warp storm table, then I failed to generate any extra power dice, failed to summon more horrors, and then failed flickering fire with my last 2 dice. T2 I rolled Nurgles Rot, my flying DP took 4 wounds from Ork fire, and I managed to summon a unit of horrors who failed their flickering fire, lost 9 to a grenade, and got charged by boys. The following turn, the 1s kept rolling, my LoC grounded, I failed summons, and got charged by a boss and 8 nobs. We called not there.
>>
Pseudo-Homebrew Ramshackle:
If this vehicle is wrecked in the shooting phase, that player may immediately move it forward 2d6 inches, resolving tank shock and ramming as if appropriate, before the trukk is destroyed as though it had rolled an 'Explodes' result on the vehicle damage table.

Better or worse than the 6+ ping save?
>>
>Tau player: hey anon wanna play a game I have a table set up for a balanced thematic terran battle!
>sob player: Sure thing
>Table has only cover saves aside from a single building on each far corner for los blocking, and i have to stuff all my army inside of the ruin building like a car garage because we are playing long ways.
>Hey you know that the field is your advantage because of all your cover save ignoring mechanics right?
>Tau player: Oh i didn't think about that. Well to late to change it lets play anyway
>>
>>49734251
They were loyalists that sided with Horus for the sole purpose of preventing the Empra from getting THRONED! and a contrived prophesy that said Horus would kill Chaos if he won.

When Emps was throned! anyways and Horus died, they are still the same loyalists who want to see Chaos die and save humanity. So they do this by undermining the Imperium and slaying humans for 10 millennia so that they can all be wiped out by chaos.

Notice some weird logical disconnect in the above? And don't give me that "the Imperium wouldn't let them back" bull. They have literally and consistently infiltrated all of the loyalist legions without suspicion over the last 10,000 years. For the sole purpose of undermining them. They could just as easily have rejoined them and been done with it.
>>
File: 1373697691280.png (10KB, 630x592px) Image search: [Google]
1373697691280.png
10KB, 630x592px
>>49734269
Holy shit I'm sorry anon.

Don't quit over it though. Look at it this way, it... Really can't ever get worse than that. Although the game sucked, pretty much every game from now on is going to be an improvement.
>>
>>49734308
>Notice some weird logical disconnect in the above?
yeah, legion's plot is shit
>>
>>49734308
The arrogance and entitlement is that you pretend to know the motives of all Alpha Legion commanders.

Also, the sum total of all fluff written about Alpha Legion, to include the screaming retard AL chaos lord from Dawn of War, trumps in every way a shitty HH book.
>>
>>49734199
It's happened to me too.

>playing Orks against Space yiffs
>puts his special snowflake character in a min unit in the open and in range of max units of lootas and tankbustas
>wipe out the unit and character in one round of shooting
>he bitches about how OP Ork shooting is
>Also runs his 3 model unit of wolf within 8" of a 20 model unit of boyz + powerklaw nob
>kills a few boyz, but his furries die in one round of close combat
>ends the game complaining about Orks being OP

I could barely keep a straight face. I had no idea how to respond to it.
>>
File: 1330918065165.jpg (64KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1330918065165.jpg
64KB, 680x680px
>>49734338
>The arrogance and entitlement is that you pretend to know the motives of all Alpha Legion commanders.
Hey now, don't lump me with Laurie Goulding.
>>
>>49734309

That's not the only game it's happened, though. I swear that some greater power is actively trying to stop me from playing.

The game before that, I lost 5 sisters to 7 bolter wounds, caused 1 wound against Cents with 40 preferred enemy bolter shots (I took a blob of 20 because reasons), lost an Immolator to a thrown Krak grenade, and failed to destroy a razorback with 4 meltas.

Like, I just don't know anymore. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's legitimately hard.
>>
File: Chaoslordz.jpg (36KB, 600x136px) Image search: [Google]
Chaoslordz.jpg
36KB, 600x136px
>>49734338
>the screaming retard AL chaos lord from Dawn of War
Which one? There are two which means twice as much weight of evidence against the one book :^)
>>
>>49733801
10,000 orks only takes (almost) 14 days to wipe out.
NPC race
>>
>>49734381

Ya know... I think I'm retarded, because I thought there was an Alpha Legion CL who called his legion "The Blood Legion of Khorne," but looking it up again, it seems Crull was a World Eater.
>>
>>49734300
Just use one of the charts from either the 3rd or 4th ed codex.
>>
What kind of allies are Grey Knights most likely to wrangle into fighting for them, fluff-wise? Since they'll be trying to preserve their secrecy would it not be better to take guard that no one will miss if they get purged, like penal legions, rather than well known guard that people will ask question about if they're disappeared?
>>
>>49734411
714(ish) orks dying a day in Dark Eldar arenas seems way more conservative than I'd expect for spiked pansies.
>>
>>49734425
They're probably going to conscript whatever is available.
>>
>>49734411
>>49734432
Don't forget this just added to the usual stock they have - you know, the billions they steal when they plunder a whole world.
>>
>>49734444
That's true, but just my point is 714 ded ork gladishes a day doesn't tell us much.
>>
>>49734425
Lately, the Dark Angels have been teamed up with them often. there's also that one militarum regiment from the Pandorax campaign.

Usually they just scrounge up support from whoever is available, be it PDF forces, or Astra Militarum, and lately they haven't really stuck with the secrecy gig.
>>
File: sob1.jpg (37KB, 400x311px) Image search: [Google]
sob1.jpg
37KB, 400x311px
>>49734425

>pic related

I think the first GK book was the one where a bunch of SoB were tricked into fighting the GKs, but the canoness recognized that they were knights, not some chaos faction.
>>
>>49734479
>one militarum regiment from the Pandorax campaign.
Those were Cadians. I always assumed gknights wouldn't kill Cadians anyways. I mean, they live in the literal doorstep of the warp and struggle with it every day, moreso than the gknights themselves, and just who are the gknights keeping themselves secret from? The daemons? The daemons already know of them. The only thing they need secret is their base on Titan, and the Grey Knight novel already revealed that the daemons have known about that since the beginning.
>>
>>49734519
There were Catachan in Pandorax.
>>
>>49731878
Hey annons, I'm having trouble with the Mega link.

Endless folder data decrypt.

Anyone know if this is a known issue or a workaround.

I'm an Ausfag so not sure if its internet related.
>>
File: Capture.png (31KB, 635x577px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
31KB, 635x577px
>>49734523
Huh. I don't know why I never noticed. Some distant part of me was like, "Ah, yes, Colonel Strike, a true Cadian Hero."

In fact, there's a whole lotta factions there. It's funny. There's over a million Imperial worlds, each of which produce hundreds of thousands of regiments of guardsmen, and this battle includes only 4 of the big named ones that are scattered all across the galaxy. Why do they never just shit out new regiments to give actual breadth to the setting? Or why not use one from that old guardsmen regiments sheet they made in 3/4/5th edition?

Only .0001% of the Imperial Guard is Cadian, yet they fight 90% of the battles, apparently.
>>
>>49734519
>I always assumed gknights wouldn't kill Cadians anyways.
They do, because people who see too much shit are basically just walking time bombs.

>I mean, they live in the literal doorstep of the warp and struggle with it every day
The start of the 13th black crusade the last time around was kicked off with a veteran regiment from the cadian gate going full chaos and killing the cadian high command at the muster.

Being exposed to those kinds of dangers and pressures all the time is a huge risk.
>>
File: factions.png (113KB, 1300x1036px) Image search: [Google]
factions.png
113KB, 1300x1036px
How long will we have to wait before Fenris Part 2 and/or Codex: Thousand Sons is released? Will it be next month or the month after?
>>
>>49734177
...and that gift would be?
>>
Are Codexes worth it?

I'm a huge fluff fan and love me some good art.
>>
>>49734584
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
Me as well. Fortunately this Mega is still functioning. It used to be the one posted in 40k general thread but for some reason it was changed to the non-functional one that also uses epub instead of pdf.
>>
>>49732198
>>We will be seeing The Lion, Russ, Guilliman, Khan, Mortarion, Angron, Perturabo and Magnus

what about Corax, man, he's lost in the eye too...
>>
>>49734639
Worth downloading for free? Of course. Worth 60 burgers? Hell no.
>>
File: 1419833764146.png (188KB, 419x461px) Image search: [Google]
1419833764146.png
188KB, 419x461px
>>49734618
november's the new heresy game, ain't it? We've seen the front of the white dwarf already.

that leaves late october/late november/sometime in december/who knows
>>
>>49734219
>with a 2++ rerollable
>>49734269
>It was against Orks

You fucking deserved it, faggot. The dice gods delivered karmic justice.
>>
Can anyone give any suggestions to a genestealer cult 500 pts facing a marine force in which i think everyone has a flamer?
>>
>>49734672

It was my first time playing them since 5th edition. I was just doing what everyone suggested. Don't worry, I'm probably never touching that shit again
>>
>>49734219
>>49734269
Next time bring Fateweaver, he will help you cheese those OP orks good.
>>
>>49732892

Link or bro story cool
>>
>>49734618
>lumping in all xenos players with Tau faggotry
>thinks the Imperium is the good guys
Surely you jest.
>>
>>49734597
I've always found the fact Cadians are exported wholesale from Cadia weird considering how completely fucked and how incredibly important that world is.
>>
>>49734696
>bro story cool
That's not how you do it you warui baka desu ne.
>>
>>49731986
Fenris being destroyed, wulfen, and Daemon primarchs.

They did the same with fantasy. Suddenly OHSHITHERESEVERYTHINGULTRABAD and then literally everyone, EVERYONE, died as was reborn in Sigmar.
>>
>>49731959
Cute sparkle wings, Maggie.
>>
>>49734649
Well I like hardcover books is why.

Is it worth getting them off ebay?

Are they going to be outdated any time soon?
>>
>>49734725
>Are they going to be outdated any time soon?
Probably. 8th Edition seems right around the corner. And even on ebay, a new hardcover is often around $40. I'd know, because I own ever Dark Eldar codex including the 7E hardcover.
>>
>>49734138
The Ahriman books are pretty good for bolter porn. I don't see how people could dislike how they humanized him. He never gets overly emotional, and, while his goal is noble, he's utterly ruthless in its pursuit. He's definitely not a nice or good dude.
>>
>>49734730
Dang.

So I'm new to the whole codex scene, I just got a Blood Angels one because I had a credit from returning some shit.

How do the editions work, is it like one huge wave of updates or what?
>>
File: everyone.gif (997KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
everyone.gif
997KB, 500x200px
>>49734718
>literally everyone, EVERYONE
You forgot a gif to go with your post.
>>
>>49734739
>is it like one huge wave of updates or what?
We fucking wish.

Last time they even sort of did that was the change from 2nd to 3rd edition which was like... almost 20 years ago now.

In fact if they did do it that way it (maybe) would fix a lot of problems with imbalances and codex creep.
>>
>>49733916
All armour marks can go together with enough time and effort. No mark before VI will go together without some fitting. MkVI, VII and VIII were all designed from the same principle of modularity and redundancies. They're suppose to be quite interchangeable in parts.

MkIII isn't just MkII with extra plates, that'd be just an extra armoured MkII. MkIII had plenty of other changes to make it more suited for the purpose it was built and it even had a reduced protection on the back to compensate for the plates on the front. That's why it doesn't have the same problem as the MkV with straining the systems due to weight.

MkV is not a bootleg MkIV, it's specifically built to use MkII and III parts because MkIV parts were hard to get. Only thing it really took from MkIV was the idea of solid plate construction over segmented ones. Of course, when available, MkIV parts and helmets were used. To you can make a MkV with no studs, no exposed cabling and with MkIV helmets and it'd be totally fluffy.
>>
>>49734750
How long is it normally between editions and whats the differences aside from balancing do the codexes have?
>>
>>49734629
Total freedom from Tzeentch in the form of total oblivion. Nothing of Ahriman will remain for Tzeentch to manipulate. He will be truly free. This is the greatest gift of Tzeentch
>>
>>49734692

I never said Orks were OP. In fact, losing so hard to them is one of the reasons I don't even want to play anymore.
>>
File: Capture.png (58KB, 895x375px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
58KB, 895x375px
>>49734739
The edition is like "The Base Game." Armies are played using the rules of the edition. However, as those army books are writen with only the current edition in mind, they must be updated to agree with the new edition. Fortunately, when GW updates army books, they usually do things like include new lore, new units, new rules for them, etc. It can be fun. Or it can be awful, depending.

However, GW takes its sweet fucking time putting out each new updated army, and they like to power creep as they do. So for you, they made Blood Angels first for 7E. Because they later decided Scout Marines should be the same as Tactical Space Marines, every other Space Marine codex gets WS4, BS4 Scouts - but you don't, because you came first, even in the same edition. Similarly, Blood Angels don't get centurions because that came out later in the power creed and so on.

It also creates real fuck-ups. For example, right now the latest Imperial Guard codex is still 6E. In 6E, a unit with Interceptor+Skyfire could fire at full Ballistic Skill against fliers or ground units. In fact, look at my Codex. It says so right here. So if I take an Aegis Defense Line with a quadgun (that has Interceptor+Skyfire), I can fire it at fliers or ground units, right?

Well, in 7E, Interceptor no longer allows Skyfire weapons to shoot at ground units. But my Codex says I can. But my rulebook says I can't. But my codex says-

And so on. There is actually a rule in the rulebook that says Codex always trumps Rulebook in cases like this, but don't expect to see an opponent let you do this without a fight. Meaning, you have no idea if you actually get to play your army how you intend until you find an opponent who tells you what he'll let you do.
>>
File: Capture.png (6KB, 203x189px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6KB, 203x189px
>>49734762
In the past, they gave you more time to play with the edition and let all the armies catch up, so that you wouldn't have to drop all the dosh on a new rulebook too quickly. Edition changes also used to bring huge rule changes.

Nowadays they've been speeding it up, because Hey, they can make you drop huge dosh on new rulebooks and codices all the time. And the 6E to 7E edition change didn't even really change anything. Just a few tweaks, but at full price.
>>
>>49734674
If he's gonna list tailor like an ass hat try a couple of small neophyte or acolyte squads, a magus and 2 battle cannon russes. Take some big tonks too his flamethrower fight.
>>
>>49734815
>>49734796
So then do I really have to worry if I am moslty into this hobby as a hobby and don't really plan on doing the gameplay aspect?

Like would I REALLY be missing much content-wise if I bought the SM Codexes now?
>>
>>49734845
Just buy any old codex other than third ed ones, they contain near enough all the same background lore.
>>
>>49734845
No worry, the game is balanced enough for that kind of approach.
When 8e hits it'll either be backwards compatible with the 6e and 7e codexs. If its not we'll get updated basic rules for the armies with 8e until the full codexs starting coming out.
>>
>>49734645
Thanks mate
>>
>>49734855
What about art and army painting ideas?

Newer or older is better? I like seeing the miniatures in the codex I bought.
>>
>>49734796
>the latest Imperial Guard codex
Is 5e. 6th is Astra Militarum :^)

>In fact, look at my Codex. It says so right here
Yes, except what in your codex actually gets Interceptor? Perhaps I'm not remembering something bout all you get is Skyfire on the Valks and Hydra.

Even if you did somehow get Interceptor on a Skyfire model, you'd use the BRB's definition of the rule. Yes, codex trumps BRB, but only in the case of codex-specific rules. USRs like Skyfire are only listed in the codex for convenience and reference, they're not actually a part of the army's unique rules. You default to the latest version of the rule if it has a BRB equivalent.

Or are you one of those faggots who would try to argue his power weapon still ignored all saves when 6th rolled around because his codex said so?
>>
>>49734762
>How long is it normally between editions
You can see the Rulebook editions in >>49734815, but army editions vary. For example, Eldar and Space Marines get a new codex edition. Dark Eldar only got new codices for 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 7th editions. There was a 12 year gap between 3rd and 5th edition.

Besides balancing, each codex update really depends. Deldar 2E to 3E were almost the same except for some new characters. I mean word for word the same fluff except those few extra pages. 5E, however, brought a massive update to models, rules, and fluff, changing practically everything. New characters, new culture, new everything. It was really cool. DE 7E removed a huge chunk of the stuff they added in 5E (including units, characters, wargear options, etc.) and added a few lines about End Times bullshit instead.

If you had no intention of playing the game, I'd recommend the DE 5E codex over 7E because it is just plain better.

However, this is a case-by-case matter. Most of 7E and late 6E codices removed huge chunks of characters and fluff. I'd say ignore them if you don't intend on playing. In fact, the older the edition, the higher its quality I feel. GW really hit its stride in the past only have fallen to streamlining and consolidating in the present. Old fluff used to be intentionally contradictory and vague, letting you choose interpretations and ideas from this amorphous lore, while the present is slapping down everyone who took a bite out of that fruit.

Ultimately, start with an older Rulebook. It gives an overview of the setting and factions and is generally stable across editions. If a faction strikes your fancy, go ahead and pick up the codex for it - older the better, I'd say, but it's your call.
>>
>>49734877
Art is fairly regurgitated as well from codex to codex, you won't be missing out really. From 4th ed codices onwards you won't be missing out on very many miniatures being shown either.
>>
>>49734213
anywhere I've actually played it is standard.
though not at the local GW, but only bec becauseit has open copies of all the rulebooks so its common for new of forgetful people too just use those for reference. still have written down lists though.
>>
>>49731986
Because GW have literally said it is coming
>>
>>49734892
So then the miniatures I see in my Blood Angels codex is the same as in an older codex?

So which Codexes should I look into getting for the most content from artwork to miniatures and paint ideas?

Its a shame, I LOVE the covers for the newer ones.
>>
File: Capture.png (55KB, 428x123px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
55KB, 428x123px
>>49734885
>Or are you one of those faggots who would try to argue his power weapon still ignored all saves when 6th rolled around because his codex said so?
I'm saying it's a complete clusterfuck open to strife and misunderstanding. What "I'd" do is what I always do: let me opponent decide. I don't care to roll off over stupid shit, and I don't argue unless something is REALLY cut and dry obvious. And still, even then. You want to deep strike that fortification like in 6E? Sure. Want your tankbustas to use more than 1 grenade in melee like 6E? Sure. Want your chimeras to get full BS lasgun array shots despite moving Flat Out as a replacement effect for shooting? Eh, fuck it, it makes fluffy sense, so go for it.

I'm here for a fun game. I consider myself competitive, but that's not my first goal out of a game. If allowing a rule disadvantages me, then whatever, I'll fluff it that war isn't fair and try to have fun "against the odds."

Crap, man, I play Deldar without eldar or harlequin allies. That should tell you enough about me.
>>
>>49734054
Anyone? Please?
>>
File: tumblr_mllibeD9V11qzvtljo1_500.gif (362KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mllibeD9V11qzvtljo1_500.gif
362KB, 500x500px
Hello friends. I need you guys to help me out a bit if you don't mind. I am currently a CSMfag but all my recent matches have been getting more and more boring. I decided I wanted to start a new army to break the monotony so I spent a while reading through the tactics pages over at 1d4chan. The one that caught my eye the most was IG because of the sheer amount of options and modularity of the whole thing. It also seems to run well without formations, which I despise. I'm also not a big fan of cadians. Can you guys point me in the right direction for what to buy? I'll love you forever
>>
Just finished the Eisenhorn/Ravenor series. Not sure why people hype them up so much. Third Eisenhorn book was absurdly rushed in the last half and rife with Deus Ex Ravenor. Last two Ravenor books were pretty stupid.
>>
>>49734054
The Spineshiver blade is not a specialist weapon, so you lose and attach for having the lighting claw, for not much gain., havoks with autocannons are better than a helbrute, anyday of the week.
Cult of destruction isn't the best, and MoN oblits are kinda pricey. 1850, so you are going to a torny right?
>>
>>49735029
Exactly how much BL have you read? They're not fantastic books but they don't have much in the way of competition.
>>
>>49735016
Buy artillery
buy IA13
Play as both guard and renegade with the same models
have fun
>>
>>49735029
Welcome to the best BL has to offer.

Personally I liked Eye of Terror, Pawns of Chaos and Enforcer more. Daemon World to some extent, though remove space marines and it might as well be a WHFB novel.
>>
>>49734937
With Interceptor and things like that its always seemed to me and the locsl players that the codex is just giving a reference too the USR, when the rulebook changes the USR the old codex is just out of date not providing a conflicting rule.
>>
>>49734963
Sorry to say it's pretty crap. It lacks cohesiveness. There are so many things wrong with it it will take too long to list them all and critique each and every one.

I'll do the lord because it's quick. Why take the spineshiver blade and a lightning claw together? You don't get any bonus attacks due to the specialist weapon claw and two ap3 weapons are redundant. For only a few points more you could get an aobf juggerlord which is vastly superior.
>>
>>49735047
Speaking about Daemon World.

>Hundred-strong gangs sweated in the infernal heat and darkness of a rock face from which jutted stone claws gnarled in death and spikes of still-sharp steel. The slaves' limbs were corded with muscles but their faces were drawn with fatigue. They were of all species - legions of indistinguishable humans, massive orks, monstrous ogryns, even a few shackled monsters from the alien fleets that traversed the cold space between the galaxies, goaded with shock-flails to tear at the rock with their claws.

The Slaaneshi faction had enslaved Tyranids beasts slaving in theor bone mines.

Tyranidfags said that Tyranids cannot be enslaved by KY-OS. Ha!
>>
>>49735037
I might use it at the league at the FLGS that's rather casual. I'm more just used to doing pick up games at my old stor where most players were tournament players. I was thinking the shred would make the daemon weapon better rather than the +1A. Otherwise dropping it or moving it onto the other lord. Thank you
>>
>>49735082
While they're part of the hive mind. Alone, they're just animals.
>>
I feel like listening to something. What's a good 40k podcast?
>>
>>49735082
Yup. People forget that when outside synapse range, Nids just turn into beasts. And any beast can be domesticated with enough voltage.

There's also a hive ship in Storm of Iron that's used as a transport ship for titans.
>>
>>49735091
> I was thinking the shred would make the daemon weapon better rather than the +1A
?
thats not how weapons work! you have to use one or the other, you cant combine weapon stats. The LC is always worse than having +D6+1 attacks
>>
>>49735082
No one has ever said tyranids couldn't be enslaved in that way.

Its chaos worship that tyranids can't do.
>>
File: Infestation and Plague.png (51KB, 566x412px) Image search: [Google]
Infestation and Plague.png
51KB, 566x412px
>>49735109
Then explain this from the genestealer cults codex!
>>
>>49735166
This mean for this>>49735159
>>
>>49735166
>genecult
>tyranids
Just fuck off carnac
>>
>>49734889
>Deldar 2E to 3E were
dark eldar didn't exist in 2nd edition, they were an entirely new army for 3rd edition

they got a second codex in 3rd edition that was basically just an errata+wych cults
>>
>>49735070
I'm curious. My own answer is fairly obvious by what I've said, but what would you do if someone asked if his eversor's needle pistol could be buffed from poisoned 4+ to 2+? In the Inquisition codex, the needle pistol is 2+, and now with genestealer cults also using the poison 2+ needle pistol profile, it seems that's the direction they're taking the weapon. If someone asked for their eversor, would you let them use the superior profile? Or would you say GW didn't intend for them to get 2+ and leave it there?
>>
File: Chaos Genestealers.jpg (122KB, 439x672px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Genestealers.jpg
122KB, 439x672px
>>49735173
They represent a fraction of the Hivemind doe and their genome is mostly Tyranid.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (273KB, 1232x1637px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
273KB, 1232x1637px
>>49735185
Wellll let me tell you, anon, this cover is real misleading.
>>
>>49734126
Chaos will always win because the draw power directly from the emotions of thier opponents

The only way to win against chaos if to lose against nids
>>
>>49735194
The Hive Mind has zero influence on them until they're attacking the planet.
>>
>>49735191
2+ is how I'd go with it. Same reasoning.
>>
>>49735197
I guess? But the codex release order is just one quick google away.

That's, in literal terms, the second edition of the dark eldar codex, for third edition.
>>
>>49734307
When its your turn to deploy just flip the table and walk out without a word
>>
>>49735045
>>49735016
Is there any boxed sets that can get me cheap artillery or is my only alternative recasters?
If I get IA13 do I still need the AM codex?
>>
>>49735191
>Eversor needle pistol gets 4 4+ shots at BS8
>This can be equated to 1 2+ shot at BS4
Yeah no. Fluff it a different pattern of pistol if it helps you sleep better at night, but if they had intended to upgrade it they would have done so already. Assassins were reprinted more recently than Inquisition and their loadouts have not changed.

What's in their codex is in their codex for a reason and as much sense as it might make you shouldn't just ignore the given rules because you feel like it unless an FAQ directs you to do so.
>>
>>49735197
Thats the 2003 revised version of the '98 edition dex released just at the end of third.
>>
>>49735209
According to the dex, the Patriarch has a fraction of the Hivemind inside him and he uses it to psychically control his thralls and "offspring".

When the Hive fleet arrives, the Patraich's fraction merges again with the greater whole.
>>
>>49735229
WWII kits in a 20-30:1 scale.
>>
>>49735232
It's not really the same thing as being connected to the hive mind.
>>
File: Capture.png (28KB, 973x160px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
28KB, 973x160px
>>49735230
>>Eversor needle pistol gets 4 4+ shots at BS8
>>This can be equated to 1 2+ shot at BS4
But how does that analogy work when they get 4 bolt pistol shots at BS8 that doesn't equate to a watered-down BS4 version?

Anyways, that's why I asked. It is the only weapon in the game (that I'm aware of) that uses the exact same name yet a different profile between 2 (now 3) codices. The Inquisitorial Psycannon used a bastard form of salvo before Salvo was a thing, but equated to the same rule with some range changes. Other than that, the needle pistol is unique for its changing profile.
>>
>>49735016
As long as your not playing competitively, guard are awesome. Formations help some but mostly add awesome flavor (a guardsman with a vox caster can call in coordinates for an artillery strike within 18" granting twin-linked)

start off simple with a couple infantry platoons, a command squad, some chimeras and a couple leman russ. That'll make the transition to using basilisks and wyverns and manticores all that much more fun
>>
File: Capture.png (5KB, 654x48px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
5KB, 654x48px
>>49735262
Compare: from the Inquisitor's Codex.
>>
>>49735166
that's bot directly being corrupted by chaos, they are biological, so nurgle can infect them, and they indirectly serve him b spreading his diseases.

But they are still genestealers, and not a Hivefleet.
>>
What are your guys thoughts on mirroring among your groups? I wanna try out SM but two out of the seven people I play with almost exclusively play them. I also wanna play Dark Eldar or Chaos Daemons/Khorne/CSM but I'm hesitant towards going full heretic
>>
File: Capture.png (45KB, 445x84px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
45KB, 445x84px
>>49735262
>>49735289
Compare: From the Genestealers

This is actually the Overkill genestealer profile, because I don't have the new GSC codex yet, but I remember that one being 2+ as well. I didn't check the S value but I imagine it's the same X.
>>
>>49735230
Everyone assassins suck anyways. I'd let them do it. People should change the rules to improve balance.
>>
>>49735289
Fuck, the eversor would actually be worth a shit if this was his gun
>>
File: cult.png (94KB, 771x292px) Image search: [Google]
cult.png
94KB, 771x292px
>>49735298
yeah it's the same

personally I don't bother switching it around, but that's because I like having the incentive to use the bolt pistol every now and then
>>
>>49735289
Why do people play eversors again?

and why did they nerf callidus assassins so much?
>>
>>49735312
Well, yeah, Poisoned 2+ with AP2 (for some reason). If I had a say, I'd point towards the Genestealer one at AP6, just because, I mean, for god's sake, why is it AP2?
>>
>>49735295
same factions is fine.
unless you're trying to copy you're armies will still be different through unit choices and colourscheme/conversions.

don't let other people decide your army for you. Play the army YOU want to play.
>>
>>49735317
8 attacks on the (Furious) charge with a power sword for AP or the shred gauntlet for mooks?
>>
>>49735323
Id give him the ap6 needle pistol and make the bolt pistol fire ap3 special ammunition

And give him an ap2 melee weapon ffs. And some sort of ID
>>
>>49735291
It's direct corruption by Chaos. The genecult were changed and mutated and now they serve a new master.
>>
>>49735348
>Poisoned 2+, Ap6 Needle Pistol (that can be fired 4 times)
>AP3 Bolt Pistol (that can be fired 4 times)
>AP2 melee attacks with ID

>for a 135 pt model with all those other special rules
Remind me again why someone wouldn't be running an all eversor army say, 100 of them?
>>
>>49735348
>And give him an ap2 melee weapon ffs. And some sort of ID
Nah. The claw should have rending, though. Give him a bit of a bite against tougher dudes.

>4-shot AP3 bolt pistol
pls no

Making his bio-meltdown more dangerous would be something I'd be down for, though.
>>
>>49735369
because it sucks ?
>>
>>49735396
If the eversor had the profile that other anon posted, it most certainly would not "sucks ".
>>
>>49735369
You have no way of killing vehicles outside of close combat. Skimmers will happily fly around in circles picking your assassin horde off one at a time.
>>
>>49735369
Has anyone here relied heavily on assassins to win specifically?

I don't mean 1 vindicare and that's it
>>
>>49735435
I own 17 eversors, 6 vindicares, 4 calidus, and 2 culuxus assassins.

One day, I will answer that question.
>>
>>49735435
I played a Culexus army once as a joke. Twelve assassins and a hapless Inquisitor watching the fireworks. With an intense migrane because he was a psyker.

It was about as simultaneously disgusting and tactically terrible as it sounds.
>>
>>49735434
Hey, at least they get a 3D6 charge.
>>
>>49735455
Nice. I'd like to see the opposite sometimes, a Culexus going PEWPEWPEWPEW off of a ton of psykers.
>>
File: Capture.png (68KB, 1048x284px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
68KB, 1048x284px
>>49735455
For a second I thought you said Callidus and got excited.

Speaking of though, did Infiltrate always have the "no charge" penalty? Callidus Assassins sure would be great if they could actually do something after being deployed 1" from the enemy. Besides that AP2, Poisoned 4" template gun, I mean.
>>
>>49735478
GW wasn't really thrilled about all that turn 1 charge stuff and its mostly gone.
>>
>>49735496
Except, you know Skyhammer space marines. And genestealers.
>>
>>49735496
>its mostly gone
>except for factions they like enough to give it back to them MARINES
>>
>>49735502
Which cropped up later after they took it away from anything coming out of reserves including vanguard vets.

GW does this crap all the time.
>>
>>49735519
>GW does this crap all the time.
What, you mean
>Take something nice away from everyone.
>Then give it back to Space Marines and Space Marines alone.
?
>>
Anyone else notice a odd thing about Boss Zagstruk?

His feet are power klaws, his base str is 5 and he has Furious Charge, but his HOW attack (which is the only way he can use his klaws) is only s8.
>>
>>49735526
>and Space Marines alone.
except they literally just made an alien army that has that as its army standard rule
>>
>>49735531
And they also aren't unwieldy, being used as a HoW attack in fact.

Not seeing the problem.
>>
>>49735546

FactChecker: Genestealer Cults are usually born on the planet they are attacking, therefore they are not usually alien to the planet but natives!
Rating: PANTS ON FIRE
Imperium BTFO
>>
File: 1445741866052.jpg (51KB, 700x662px) Image search: [Google]
1445741866052.jpg
51KB, 700x662px
>>49735560
Is it glorious pure humanity?
>no
FUKKEN XENOS DETECTED
WAIT SHIT THEY'RE MUTANTS TOO
FUKKEN XENOOOOS
>>
>>49735478
Cadillus is mostly a distraction carnifex by now. I used her to take out key units with the spray but by now everything of note has a 3++ anyways so it is a moot point.
>>
>>49735552
The problem is the previous rendition of his vulcha klawz had them as an unwieldy set of power klawz for the first round of combat, not a single indiscriminate swipe before he starts swinging his rocket fuelled choppa (sorry, I mean basic CCW).

AND he allowed stormboyz to assault from deepstrike after taking some causalities, AND he had them pass leadership tests like a commissar, with a bullet through the closest gits head. Such a complete destruction of what was once a decent character with flavourful and effective rules.
>>
>>49735560
Technically speaking they are under the dominion of a foreign power/resident in the shape of the Patriarch, who is most definitely not a native resident. They're just good at hiding the fact until the hive fleet arrives.

Rating: Autism
>>
>>49735585
She's a meta unit. You can absolutely mindgame the fuck out of your opponent during deployment as he guesses where she's going to pop up. If he doesn't account for her she can try to melt a choice target when she arrives.

Hit on 6s means unless you're unlucky she should survive to turn 2. Assault something and sit back and watch her maybe actually win the combat. Bonus points for using her anti-reserves ability.
>>
>>49735591
FactChecker: Imperials not on Terra are obedient to a being that is "alien" to the world they are on who is definitely not a native resident as well.
Rating: PANTS ON FIRE

Isn't it time for a change in leadership? Its 40,999, I MEAN COME ON!
>>
Other than Sorcerers, Magnus, Shooty Rubricae, and Choppy Rubricae, what do people think the Codex will have? Rhinos are a shoo-in, as are Land Raiders. Maybe the Daemon Engines?
>>
>>49735631
What codex? What are you talking about?
>Choppy Rubricae

What?
>>
>>49735631
>Choppy Rubricae
I don't know why, but the very first thing this makes me think of is incubi (particularly the new ones) and I love the shit out of it. Empty suits of choppy armor could be great. Holy shit, I want this so bad.
>>
>>49735631
Terminators, dreadnoughts maybe with TS specific weapons or rules.
>>
>>49735631
time to bust out those burning chariots and flamers
>>
Third iteration of 400 pt combat patrol list

+++ Kommando Raid (379pts) +++

+ HQ +

Boss Zagstruk, Da Boss [Warlord]

+ Elites +

Kommandos [Boss Snikrot, the Green Ghost, 3x Kommando, 2x Kommando w/ Rokkit Launcha]

+ Troops +

Gretchin [10x Gretchin]
Runtherd [Grabba stik]

+ Fast Attack +

Stormboyz [5x Stormboy]
Stormboy Nob [Power Klaw]

Warbuggies [Skorcha, Skorcha]

21 points left, not sure whether to go with extra Stormboyz, Kommandos or grabbing burnas for the Kommandos.
>>
>>49735580
Pot, kettle, Black Templars
>>
>>49735652
>>49735658
This was part of a recent rumour alongside terminator rubrics.
>>
>>49735560
Genestealer Cunts are xenos or human infested with xenos DNA and also working for xenos. therefore they are xenos.
>>
>>49735673
I too am a fellow human.
>>
>>49735663
more stormboys. 5 is a few short, they die easily
>>
>>49735746
I think this is as much I can add without cutting units/defining wargear.

+ HQ +

Boss Zagstruk, Da Boss [Warlord]

+ Elites +

Kommandos [Boss Snikrot, the Green Ghost, 3x Kommando, 2x Kommando w/ Rokkit Launcha]

+ Troops +

Gretchin [10x Gretchin]
Runtherd [Grabba stik, Squig hound]

+ Fast Attack +

Stormboyz [9x Stormboy]
Stormboy Nob [Big Choppa]

Warbuggies [Skorcha, Skorcha]
>>
>>49734913
could you, kind sir, refer me to some written evidence"proof" to this claim of yours?
>>
Is the 'sister' in the genestealer cult novela ' Casts a hungry shadow' a sister of battle? A shame they can't ally in a real game
>>
>>49735974
They can ally, just as CTA level.
>>
>>49735403
>>49735369

would still die to any horde, or any cheap invuln like deamon, or anything fast like any bike/jetbike
>>
>>49735197
Kind of. Except that 40k never declares what edition it is. 2nd edition has the bright, gaudy yellow 90s logo. That has the 3rd edition logo in the bottom left.
>>
Playing as Admech against KDK, fucking dogs everywhere.
>They close on too my Rangers
>Give up already
>Infiltrators nearby
>50 dice, i roll only 3,4,5,6 dogs dead
Chaos fag gave up, why does this only happen when i play Admech?
>>
>>49734645
>that also uses epub instead of pdf

Welcome to 2016.
>>
>>49732198
>(whilst not wanting a full AoS style reboot)
So not the end times then.
Just progression of the setting.
>>
File: Magnus.jpg (144KB, 750x663px) Image search: [Google]
Magnus.jpg
144KB, 750x663px
>>49731959
>>
File: Heresy.gif (7MB, 532x299px) Image search: [Google]
Heresy.gif
7MB, 532x299px
>>49736355
>>
>>49734645
>For some reason
No Angels Blade, Traitors Hate, KT, DW or GSC.
>>
File: gw-99129915027.jpg (293KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
gw-99129915027.jpg
293KB, 920x950px
>>49731878
I like to use my daemons for both 40k and fantasy/9th age. Does anyone know if the Khorne start collecting box comes with square bases?
>>
I'm aware that Renegades in the Lost and the Damned list use autoguns, and I know Cultists use autoguns... are there any other fuckin unit that also use autoguns?
>>
>>49736371
There's a MEGA link with all the newer stuff that works fine, but because it's epub certain fags don't even bother including it when creating a new thread.

Seriously, get Readium for PC and Kobo for Android. The epubs will work fine. This should really be in the OP.

https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

This is the up-to-date MEGA for non retards. Note that C:SM and C:CSM are missing and you will have to grab the pdf from the old link if you want them.
>>
>>49736381
I belive so.
At least my demon opponent has a shotton of squares left over and he mainly bought Start Collecting kits.
>>
>>49736416
I know.

I have my own pasta with a special "outdated content in PDF format" section just for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 600x600px
Beep boop. I am a robot from the past sent here to murder abominations to the Machine God. Scientists of the past have studied your armies for centuries, and sent me to study them. What is a Tau, a Codex Astartes, and a SoB?
>>
>>49736449
Fuck off RP shitter and take your shitpost with you.
>>
Plastic kos/loc WHEN?!
>>
>>49736668
Atia says plastic LOC when AOS gets its next wave of tzeentch stuff (including the silver tower stuff as standalone kits). Said to be this year, but other than that don't know when.
>>
>>49736668
GUO too, resin a shit.
>>
>>49736731
You have the glottkin for that
>>
>>49736772
Its about as much work making him into a decent GUO as it'll be making magnus a LoC
>>
File: 1436258376711.gif (546KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1436258376711.gif
546KB, 256x192px
>>49736817
>Plays daemons
>Hates conversion
>>
>>49736817
Just slap a bird head on Magnus and add 18% more feathers. Simple as that.
>>
>>49736817
>implying this won't be a Magnus/Lord of Change dual kit
>>
>>49736381
It doesn't, stuff with branded Age of Sigmar boxes don't come with squares.
>>
>>49737009
>>49737009
>>49737009
>>
>>49736371
Kill Team is in the Mega. Check the Dataslates and Supplements section. I do see your point about the rest though.
>>
>>49736871
DIdn't say he hated conversions.
>>
>>49736881
I don't think that is a bad thing, I always thought that the dedicated Skarbrand kit was a bit excessive.
>>
>>49732792
Misile launchers are shit and if thats in two battle demi companies you get free transports for every squad in them. Other than that id take out the raven wing unless you attack the 500 point RW strike force right now they will just get in the way. id suggest a company support for your support its only 55 points for something you can infiltrate then scout onto an objective.
>>
>>49732123
I'm fairly sure those stories aren't finished yet (in HH)
>>
>>49732479
I've seen this before and personally don't see where people are coming from.
>>
File: photo.jpg (41KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
41KB, 449x449px
so i stumbled across this youtube channel while browsing 1d4chan, and i cant stop listening to this song, fills me with pride in my great Imperium whilst also just being a kickass song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu7ddmL6Vfs
>>
>>49737833
sidenote: can anyone tell me what genre this would classify as?
>>
I was about to get into the ttg, should I wait till 8e drops to see how much I need to revise my army list. Seems dumb to buy now if the new version is as close as y'all make it seem.
>>
>>49732479
Try harder
>>
>>49734244
>>49734258
> this triggers the rational players

Fuck these dicklords. Your friends are turbo-faggots. Play an army-swap game with them and show them their error.
>>
>>49735531
>>49735552
Yep. Whoever wrote the last Ork codex ought to be shot out of a cannon into a brick wall*.

*"fired" would be an acceptable alternative.
Thread posts: 374
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.