[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fantasy prosthetics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 16

File: huh.gif (1MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
huh.gif
1MB, 350x197px
Some bright spark on Tumblr wrote this out. Figured it was too good to not let all of /tg/ see it.

>An elf maiden dances on feet of living wood sung into shape, planted in soil and watered when she takes them off. Every year she plants the old ones and sings a new pair. (Incidentally, the pair of peach saplings from three years ago have produced an excellent crop- She makes preserves from them, and despite the inevitable jokes about“toe-jam”, they are appreciated.)

>A dwarf king has a metal fist, all tiny gears and fine wires, kept wound by a mischievous mine-spirit bound to the spring as punishment- the more it struggles, the tighter the spring.

>An orc chieftaness is regularly asked for the story of how she earned the name Wyrmthrottler- she boasts of how she strangled the dragon that ate her arm, and had her shaman make a new arm from its bones, with its fangs as the fingers.

>A necromancer simply re-attached his old leg bones- Sacrificing a few mice each day keeps it going.

>A pirate captain lost her arm to a shark attack: a passing selkie saved her, and gave her tattoos of kraken blood. Now she has an arm made of salt-water, that grows and wanes with the tides, and swings a cutlass as well as the original. (She doesn’t sail as far these days though: she doesn’t want her wife to worry.)

>A wandering swordsman was broken at the waist- his ancestral armour allows him to walk again, as long as he keeps it polished, and burns incense to the ancestors regularly.

>A high priestess has an eye made from a crystal ball- to predict the future, all she has to do is wink.

>A bard was struck deaf by illness- he struck a deal with the god of music. Now he wears hearing-trumpets made from his old pipes, and dedicates his every song to the god of music- the better he plays, the better his hearing. (It is said his music could make statues weep, and he can hear a mouse fart at 60 paces.)

(1/2)
>>
(2/2)

>A princess has the arm of a golem, enchanted clay with mystic words carved in- her music tutor despairs of how her harp playing has become even worse, but her calligraphy tutor is ecstatic over her handwriting.

>A goblin pickpocket has an arm made of whatever he steals- no-one feels his fingers, and even if they did, they couldn’t find their possessions amongst all the rest.

>A witch has eyes made from shadow and starlight, given to her in a game with a demon. Nobody dares to ask what she wagered- they aren’t even sure she won.

>A warg was born deaf and blind- his people learned of his power when the nearest birds started staring at them, and dogs pricked up their ears as he walked past.
>>
File: 1hs.png (402KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
1hs.png
402KB, 449x600px
>>49731145
>>A necromancer simply re-attached his old leg bones- Sacrificing a few mice each day keeps it going.

Isn't the stereotype that most necromancers are vegan?
>>
Your first problem was quoting Tumblr.
>>
>>49731145
>pirate captain
>married
Dropped.
>>
>>49731458
The only wife a pirate captain has is the sea!
>>
>>49731145
>female pirate captain
ok
>female pirate captain with mary sue prosthetic that's way better than any of the others listed
this is shit
>gay female pirate captain with mary sue prosthetic that's way better than any of the others listed
oh just fuck off
>>
>>49731145
>she doesn’t want her wife to worry
>tumblr post
>only time relationships are brought up it's lesbians
Damn, the stereotype is true.
>>
>>49731540
>way better
"swings just as good" is all that was mentioned on quality, the rest is just cool factor. stop getting buttmad because someone enjoys things you don't
a crystal eyeball is easily the most practical
>>
>>49731540
>that's way better than any of the others listed
I think the dwarf king's hand sounds the most baller.
>>
>>49731572
"way better" in terms of "that would be OP as fuck in a tabletop game"

>>49731597
dwarf hand is awesome, but I want a story to go with the witch's eyes
>>
Back in my 4e DnD days I made a few extras for the character creator, including golem limbs, and mechanical replacements kinda like automail from FMA. I did monster bits too for body horror reasons but the game fizzled out before our chaos-worshipping crackpot wizard tried them.
>>
>>49731145
>Elf
neat
>Dorf
Nothing can possibly go wrong with this.
>Orc
Fucking metal.

>wandering swordsman
This guy better end up as a living armor eventually.

>goblin
This has possibilities.

>witch
This could potentially go from 'hey neat' to some place beyond we won't need eyes to see.
>>
File: mechanical arm.jpg (40KB, 450x677px) Image search: [Google]
mechanical arm.jpg
40KB, 450x677px
>that feel when there were real historical prosthetics more advanced than what 90% of people with prosthetics have today
>>
>>49731654
I can't get my DMs/players to get behind automail D:
>>
I like how FMA adds in extremely advanced prostheses to go with their steam trains and oil lamps. It's neat to see how alchemy affects technological progression - especially with alchemy able to create very small pieces without the need for complex machinery.
>>
>>49731145
>arm bitten off
>now she has an arm made of salt-water

That must have hurt like a bitch until the initial wound healed over.
>>
>tfw your setting has prosthetics, surgically implanted augments, metal gauntlets with use clunky bits and machinery that act as computers designed to allow for spellcasting, semi-sentient archives made from holographic spirits bound to libraries, earrings that act as communicators between attuned gemstones set in the device with their signals boosted by orichalon antennae on the roofs of buildings, giant transport ships and a newborn space program using ships that ride the skies using sails that catch sunlight to turn it into power

I don't know when I got to this point, but my group has been using this abomination for years.
>>
>>49731792
>implying it ever healed
>>
Seems pretty damn cool to me. The people flipping out over minor details are amusingly pathetic.
>>
File: 1473800254774.jpg (38KB, 400x387px) Image search: [Google]
1473800254774.jpg
38KB, 400x387px
>>49731858
>>
>>49731858
that's fucking hardcore
>>
>>49731723
How does this fucking work? Does anyone know?
>>
See, my magic system works based on something like elemental powers, if you expanded to over 130 elements and included things like jealousy, caverns, and the dawn. You can combine multiple powers to do cool things, but the problem is that even the most practiced of mages are still pretty blunt. Which means I can't have cool shit like this because no magic is specific enough to accomplish things like this.
>>
>>49731903
>>49731927
>The Captain keeps a miniature shark in her arm instead of having a parrot.
>>
>>49732046
WHICH MAKES ME MAD
>>
>>49732035
All the joints are just hinges and don't appear to have any way of attaching to anything internal to the prosthesis anyway. Its likely that it has to be manually ambulated by the other functional hand into gripping or moving what the person needed.
>>
>>49732035
It's got equally tensioned opposed springs in the joints like a double-action switchblade, so the hand can spring open or closed. These things would either have a button on the hand in simple models, or have a button in the cup that actuated by flexing a muscle in your arm stump.
>>
>>49731154
>A warg was born deaf and blind- his people learned of his power when the nearest birds started staring at them, and dogs pricked up their ears as he walked past.

What does any of this mean? What power? Who is "them"?
>>
File: Hammer-Hand.jpg (87KB, 800x612px) Image search: [Google]
Hammer-Hand.jpg
87KB, 800x612px
>>49732178
>has to be manually ambulated by the other functional hand into gripping or moving what the person needed.
I say that's still pretty good. It gives a person more options.

>tfw you will never be enough of a dwarf to work as a smith with a hammer for a hand.
>>
>>49732319
A warg is a person who can 'jump into' an animal to borrow their senses.

The 'they' is the people.
>>
>>49731842
I've always called my setting that's somewhat like that "Hard Fantasy", but I guess it would just be magitek-based speculative fiction. The idea is that you don't just leave it at the "ooh fantasy tropes", but think about how the magic would actually effect the world in a setting with people that can actually invent and think beyond "WIZARD!". It's great fun, and ends up making really good settings, so long as the magic has internally consistent rules.
>>
>>49732364
Oh yeah it's definitely still good considering most other s might get a hook or most likely nothing at all.
>>
>>49731154
>>A princess has the arm of a golem, enchanted clay with mystic words carved in- her music tutor despairs of how her harp playing has become even worse, but her calligraphy tutor is ecstatic over her handwriting.
She's got emet tattoed on her tongue?
>>
Reminds me of old video footage from WW1. Maimed soldiers who lost limbs would sometimes end up working in a factory. I remember seeing one guy with a literal pirate captain hook-hand operating a steel mill. There was another guy who had this metal ring instead of a hand and he would use the ring to pull levers and turn handwheels and stuff.
>>
File: 1919-walter-reed.jpg (388KB, 2293x2535px) Image search: [Google]
1919-walter-reed.jpg
388KB, 2293x2535px
>>49732544
Just like this lad
>>
>>49732396
A warg is a big ass wolf, man. The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>49732649
I think he's talking about wargs in A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones).
I don't know how he got the idea that those are the standard fantasy wargs, though.
>>
>>49732486
It would be tough writing out all the rules for magic (or more, the manipulation of quintessence in the form of casting spells or enchanting charms), but essentially there's a machine that can allow you to force a rock that absorbs this normally unobservable, consistently hard to understand field that permeates reality to think it's a naturally occurring part of your physiology, normally only true in the case of monsters like dragons and shit. By using concentration and certain physical and mental triggers coupled with complex mathematical computations only possible through reserving a degree of the contraption's storage of weird mana crystals as a sort of secondary processor, you can redirect the flow of quintessence from these stones (where it's stored in a format that allows for telekinetic manipulation by an attuned body) to create desired effects. This limits what an individual spell can do, but using this coupled with a mixture of alchemy and science to build machines with hyper-specific purposes charged by being plugged into your Wizard Fist (it can be other things but the gauntlet is the most common by a landslide) you can make more complicated effects.

This is rad, but the exponential increase in power draw for not only keeping the thing on but sustaining the enchantments that make the energy work the way you want it to creates the problem of there being an eventual point of diminishing returns for just plugging more Weird Wizard Processor Crystals into something, and eventually you either need to shove your hand into something the size of a Volvo and hope your brain doesn't fry itself trying to handle the power it gets jolted with or enslave an army of wizards somehow convinced to want to spend the rest of their lives bound to a machine. This latter solution is hella rare.

There is, however, another in-setting option that was semi-recently discovered.
>>
>>49732826
That solution is binding a spirit to a stone that's attuned to the enchanter, and programming it.

The spirits need to be pretty blank for this to work, and since you can't just make a baby and rip out its soul (not for lack of trying, human souls, if they exist at all, are impossible at this point to interact with), you lure in a lesser natural spirit (often found floating about thoughtlessly on the currents of quintessence in places where it coalesces, because they are fragments of some unknowable other that wander into reality) and plug it in there. The right imprinting of memories, maths and skills and you have yourself a primitive magic AI that will slowly develop a personality over time, but is essentially guaranteed to be a loyal servant so long as you don't have some chucklefuck go in and fuck up the programming. This thing can basically only have one job or it goes insane, but this removes having to waste an entire wizard (or multiple wizards) on one machine colossus.

There have been experiments into plugging these stones more directly into people or using them purely as mental enhancements to turn people into superbrains. These have had mixed results, ranging from ungodly catastrophe to barely successful, with the latter mostly being a bunch of autistic servants chained to magic machines acting as a human interface that reprograms the spirits in other rocks to repurpose them for different jobs.
>>
>>49731627
>performing as good as meat is OP
>perfect pickpocket hand isn't
>>
>>49731597
Mechanical hand powered by a captured spirit is cool and gives it a sinister aspect too.
>>
I have a cock made out of rainbows and sunshine.
>>
Damn this is a useful thread for Runequest campaigns.
>>
I made a Knight character once for a realistic game of GURPS in the high middle ages. He lost his right arm after getting pinned by his fallen horse in battle, and he spent his time in an enemy lord's castle waiting to be ransomed building a mechanical arm. Spent some experience points so he learned to use a sword and lance with his left arm, and built a special prosthetic arm able to hold a shield or grip a Dane-Axe with a ball-and-pivot joint.
>>
>>49732921
I'd say it's more the whole "made of water" thing. A PC with a limb made of water and a will to use it would honestly be a nightmare to GM for.
>>
>>49731145
>>An orc chieftaness is regularly asked for the story of how she earned the name Wyrmthrottler- she boasts of how she strangled the dragon that ate her arm, and had her shaman make a new arm from its bones, with its fangs as the fingers.
>>A necromancer simply re-attached his old leg bones- Sacrificing a few mice each day keeps it going.

Ok so the orc shaman is a necromancer too except more hardcore?

>people getting triggered over lesbian pirate
Kek

How the fuck does a gobbo get a magical absorb everything arm.
Overall: neato stuff, but some that I've seen before in various forms.

>>49732319
The power is hijacking senses of every other beast around.
>>
In my setting, mages basically suffer extreme fibrosis and blood clots as a side effect from use of magic (And indeed from second-hand exposure to magic) and so pretty much any notable Mage is hella good at crafting prosthetics since they may need to use magic to replace their hands, their kidneys, or even their heart with crystalline replicas with only a few days notice to stave off death from their advancing fibrosis.

Not to mention that magic induced lung disease is by far the most common cause of death in areas where magic is possible. Of course, the common people are in turn very practiced at magics which can stave it off, but only nobles can afford the prosthetic lungs necessary to actually put a halt to the thing.

It's fairly commonly accepted that the eventual fate of any true Mage is either death in battle, or eventually having replaced their entire body with prosthetics, even the head (The final step, and one that many lack the gumption for).
>>
>>49731145
If the mischievous mine spirit is so mischievous then the kings hand would never be wound. The spirit would examine its prison and just sit there calmly with a serene smile at how it is fucking over the king.
>>
>>49731502

Is it an open relationship? I mean, there's also the whores.
>>
>>49732035
Short answer is they don't. Despite what that anon thinks those models were phased out for a reason. Having a prosthetic that requires the wearer to constantly use their remaining hand to make the artificial one function is far from optimal.
>>
>>49734722
Not to mention that the metal was pretty fucking heavy.
>>
>>49734582
So they essentially gradually become LichGolems?
>>
>>49731145
Okay,the bit about hearing a mouse farting at 60 paces was funny as hell.
>>
>>49731154
>>A goblin pickpocket has an arm made of whatever he steals- no-one feels his fingers, and even if they did, they couldn’t find their possessions amongst all the rest.
This one is silly as heck, the others at least attempt to make sense, but this has no description beyond being a pile of junk that is somehow an arm?
>>
>>49735143
Yeah pretty much. Once literally none of their original human body remains, there is nothing left to catch cancer, which in turn renders them basically eternal.

Most become extremely reclusive after this though, not just because people distrust ancient and powerful wizards no longer even fettered by their biological connection to humanity, but because their physical body is by this point valuable beyond the average pleb's dreams (It can be rendered down into enough prosthesis for an entire lineage of nobles to live out their lives into old age, or be used as an extremely powerful magical catalyst to cast the sort of magic you use to flatten a city), meaning that inevitably murderhobos from kingdoms around will seek them out to assassinate them and chop them up.

They'll hide out in a cave somewhere, or build a new, invisible wizard tower, and history gradually distorts the memory of their deeds. When the finally decide to involve themselves in human affairs again several hundred years later, probably as part of a scheme to sling their bodies into orbit to become a god, it might as well be some ancient demon re-awakening to wreak havoc as far as the commonfolk can discern.
>>
>>49731145
>she doesn’t want her wife to worry

gaaaaay
>>
>>49733622
>>49731627
If you go with the waxing/waning thing, you could say it's +1 at high tide, -1 at low tide for easy math. As for it being made out of water, say that is specifically requires fresh seawater to replenish it, and any amount that is removed from the arm returns to normal water. it'll wax and wane a bit, but there's fewer shenanigans.
>>
>>49732396
>warg
Thanks anon. Like the anon further on I only knew of a warg as a wolf from Norse mythology and Tolkien.
>>
Where's that book about medieval magical societies when I need it?
>>
>>49731842
Machine Spirits? For the Omnissiah.
>>
>>49731145
>Tumblr

Nope
>>
>>49739580
What, you don't like magical lesbian pirate queen mary sue sea arms?

>>>/pol/
>>
>>49732568
Jesus, I guess Dieselpunk was actually just after WW1.
>>
>>49731145
>chieftainess

fucking retards
>>
>>49739580
>Dismissing creative work out of hand based solely on its source

If OP had claimed to have come up with this shit themselves you'd be none the wiser.

Fuck you.
>>
>>49739655
No fuck you. This shit is shit and you are eating it up because you have no taste. God damn lesbo water arm pirates are as bad as sparkling vampires.
>>
>>49739666

Fuck off, Satan. You have shit taste.
>>
File: i was soon to change my mind.jpg (68KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
i was soon to change my mind.jpg
68KB, 600x405px
>>49731145
>(She doesn’t sail as far these days though: she doesn’t want her wife to worry.)

>tfw your wife is too drunk to remember her fingers are made of salt, and so she puts them in your hair___
>>
>>49739680
What, are you mad that you were called out on your bad ideas and cliche crap?
>>
>>49739696
If it helps they probably got divorced and then the pirate was killed painfully since pirates were considered to be enemies of all mankind and complete outlaws, so you could jut murder them without any legal problem.
>>
>>49739618
Homosexuality is the only true form of love you shitlord.
>>
>>49739736
Except of course heterosexuality.
>>
>>49739770
All heterosexual intercourse is rape, you would know that if you opened a book once in a while you illiterate piss.
>>
>>49731540
>>gay female pirate captain with mary sue prosthetic that's way better than any of the others listed

You forgot one

>>gay married female pirate captain with mary sue prosthetic that's way better than any of the others listed
>>
>>49739797
Not even married to the sea, a disgrace.
>>
>>49734547
>gobbo arm
Probably stole it.
>>
>>49739934
What a jew.
>>
>>49732035
You ever see Young Frankenstein?
Well then, just like Inspector Kemp's arm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn69PxYOqZU
>>
>>49740527
That's some pretty impressive mouvements
>>
>>49740615
ACTING!!!!!
>>
>>49740656
Well that's a part of that
>>
>>49734698
It's mischievous but stupid and mean.

When it finally calms and repents and the clockwork winds all the way down, the prison will spring open and its punishment will have been served.

Of course, as immortal beings, spirits are extremely stubborn and resistant to change. You could argue with one for a thousand years and never see its opinions budge an inch. So the dwarf is not very concerned about losing his arm's power source.
>>
>>49731903
This image needs a tiny amount of screenshake to be perfect.
>>
>>49741132
I do not know how to apply that.
>>
>>49741944
>>49741132
Open it in a new tab and hold F11.
>>
>>49741944
1. Open Photoshop
2. Layer > Duplicate > A bunch of times
3. Effects > Filters > Jigglify > Yeah that looks good
4. Animated Gif From Layers
>>
No one seems to be paying that much attention to it, but I like the first the most. Not sure why, something about elves singing the shape of trees into magic is awesome to me.

Then the author tried to ruin it with a toe jam joke.
>>
File: Wink-010.jpg (30KB, 367x480px) Image search: [Google]
Wink-010.jpg
30KB, 367x480px
Had a Dwarf with a grapple arm once
worked like a cross between a grapnel and a rocket punch
>>
>>49744361
I never liked the idea of "singing" wood into shape that get associated with elves so often. Feels like it's just a few steps away from charming the wildlife with your Disney princess powers.

But maybe Eragon's elves just turned me off of the idea, I dunno.
>>
>>49734710
Whores are the sea of the land.
>>
>>49744564
I think more Tolkien and less Disney. Never read Eragon myself.
>>
>>49744564
I think Dwarf Fortress used it? And the Eldar have a similar thing with wraithbone, which is basically wood except completely different.
>>
>>49732364
This right here is my new Dwarf Boss encounter.
PCs are just a couple of wayward nails looking for a good smackdown
>>
>>49744564
>associates singing things into place with Eragon
>not Tolkien
>a setting where song literally has creation power and was used to create existence
Anon, you have outed yourself as a pleb of the highest order.
>>
File: rayman-ready-for-battle_6797857.jpg (32KB, 617x640px) Image search: [Google]
rayman-ready-for-battle_6797857.jpg
32KB, 617x640px
Ive had a character idea in mind for a while of a wizard who lost his hands -why doesn't matter, thinking magical fireworks accident- but who uses a form of permanenced mage hand to have two hands of force which he wears gloves over along with long sleeves.
Basically a Rayman wizard.

Maybe he'd have some runic tattoo on his wrist stumps as a focus, which would empower the spell enough when they're close to so he can enjoy effectively normal hands as Mage Hand is pretty weak compared to actual hands.
Mostly though I just want to freak out the peasantry when my wizard's hands appear to detach from his body to make tea across the room.
>>
File: phantomlimb.jpg (21KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
phantomlimb.jpg
21KB, 500x375px
>>49745634
>>
>>49745681
Well now I know what to do if I ever get invited to play a Supers game.
>>
>>49731145
>>A high priestess has an eye made from a crystal ball- to predict the future, all she has to do is wink.

Seems like it would be a pain. I wink a few times a day at nothing in particular, just to clear one eye. Making predictions all day would be irritating, not to mention Fate getting annoyed you keep peeking at her diary.
>>
File: Wartuba[1].jpg (693KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Wartuba[1].jpg
693KB, 1200x900px
>>49739627
You don't know the half of it. WW1 was steam/dieselpunk as fuck. It just doesn't get recognized as such very often because most people think of WW1 as trench warfare with the occasional biplane circus and little else.
>>
>>49731540
god ur such a bitch boy. we get it, you hate faggots and SJW signalling. that doesn't undermine this idea.
>>
>>49739704
a lesbian pirate with a water arm is cliched? god you're retarded.
>>
>>49747852
Like this, THIS is real steampunk. An orgy of valves and pipes that contain air, water and of course, steam. Every single one of those pipes and valves has a purpose.

It's nothing at all like the "modern" version of steampunk which is corsets, goggles and useless cogs hotglued to every conceivable surface.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (21KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
21KB, 450x299px
>>49739790
>not sure if serious
>>
>>49744361
its like how Eldar have bonesingers sing to wraithbone to mould them
>>
>>49747905
Not him. Coming from Tumblr it is.
>>
>>49747898
God ur such a bitch boy. we get it, you hate people who hate faggots and SJW signalling. that doesn't undermine his opinion.
>>
>>49731145
>crystal ball as a prosthetic eye

It seems so obvious in hindsight. I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen this used anywhere before.
>>
>>49747852
What am I looking at here?
>>
>>49749851
I have. Various magical crystals used as glass eyes, giving a range of special vision from detect magic to read auras to lie detection to prophecy, the problem is that you can't turn it off and you have both special and normal vision active at the same time, barring eyepatch or such things (may not work on magic vision). Get some bonuses, get some penalties.
>>
>>49731540

Meanwhile in /tg/land

>Yarr, take yer pansy leg back to yer wizerd tarr, all a man o' the sea needs is a piece a' driftwood!
>>
>>49751312
wait, what if you used a treant as pegleg!?
Or made it from a piace of a dryad's tree?
>>
>>49751322
>pirate captain pointing his sabre to his cabin and shouting commands at his legs. "It's supper time! Move, yer scurvy limbs o' mine!"
>>
>>49751115
They're nicknamed "war tubas". It's basically a giant hearing horn. You point it up into the sky and try to hear enemy planes coming. This allows you to roughly gauge the range and direction and plan your defences accordingly. These particular examples are Japanese, but they were also used by the British when they were attacked by German Zeppelins. The British would use blind men because they tended to have better hearing, using two of them in separate locations they could triangulate the position of the zeppelins even through solid clouds.

Its sounds plenty ridiculous but it makes sense in an age where radar didn't exist yet. WW1 was a transitional period where a lot of technologies like machineguns, artillery and tanks were new and untested. They didn't know what worked best so they tried literally everything.
>>
>>49751410
>using two they could triangulate
Wut
>>
>>49751438
Yup, get two hearing devices and space them apart. Then have them listen until they find the same target. That gives you a bearing to the target from two different locations, if you plot out the angles and determine where the lines cross you can figure out where a target is and how high. Then you can send planes to attack it.

If you do a google image search for "acoustic radar" you'll find all sorts of wacky designs.
>>
>>49751533
I think anon means you need three of them to triangulate. Trigonometry only works with triangles.
>>
>>49735143
>LichGolems
>not Glitches
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 667x1000px
>>49735243
I'm envisioning it as a chaotic morass of junk that reshapes itself to resemble an arm and hand as closely as possible. Kind of like this fellow, but on a smaller scale.
>>
>>49751636
The third point in the triangle is the source, anon.
>>
File: 1475352296837.jpg (12KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
1475352296837.jpg
12KB, 219x230px
>>49731540
This, holy shit
>>
File: 1436392420396.jpg (233KB, 585x883px) Image search: [Google]
1436392420396.jpg
233KB, 585x883px
>>49751876
Oh shit, i'm retarded.
>>
>potentially fascinating thread about using magic to create prosthetic limbs
>/tg/ is triggered by the lesbian character
Good job, guys.

Moving off that stupidity, how about other elemental prosthetics? Fire might be hard to work with, unless you're a species that's naturally heat resistant, but an air elemental arm or earth elemental arm sounds viable. Would you start with an elemental, or just with raw material from that plane?
>>
>>49752052
Fuck you.
>>
>>49751876
Bruh. U serious?
>>
>>49752052
Would've stopped at the initial heckle. It takes 2 to tango and you guys seem equally triggered that he's triggered.
>>
>>49734547

>people getting triggered over lesbian pirate

Kinda funny when Anne Bonny and Mary Read exist
>>
a druid with a wooden arm with permanent shape wood and iron wood enchantments on it could get crazy real quick

this webcomic has a Human Ranger villian with a wooden arm, uses it for weapons and arrows.

http://www.goblinscomic.org/06202009/
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.