[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 35

File: Catholic Space Nazis.jpg (42KB, 383x498px) Image search: [Google]
Catholic Space Nazis.jpg
42KB, 383x498px
"The Slow Descent Has Already Begun" Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame. Not Chapter Master. Or Space Hulk.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things formerly listed individually on this post.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.45.160417), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now containing some of the DH2 content up to the first supplement.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! Rampage of the Nerds! (V1.1.9) (Mechanicus for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dmylf4f40eslea9

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! Relax! Have Fun With It! (V1.7.15) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5lqt5r2wel6w25q

Magnus the Red, Daemon Primarch now takes to the battlefield in 40k. Do you think your team can take him down? If it has stats, it can die, after all...
>>
>>49728325
Where has this thread been all day?
>>
>>49728456
No idea. Last one got deleted for some reason.
>>
>>49728325
>Magnus the Red, Daemon Primarch now takes to the battlefield in 40k. Do you think your team can take him down? If it has stats, it can die, after all...
What? Where?
>>
>>49728622
Odd

Anyway, Im playing a paranoid psyker who wants to be very sneaky and careful about learning more about the warp and evil shit. My inquisitor is very puritan so I have to be careful and get the proper gear.

Any advice on how to do this? I was thinking a privitization field and some other stuff but hes tricky.
>>
File: magnus.jpg (135KB, 853x555px) Image search: [Google]
magnus.jpg
135KB, 853x555px
>>49728632

The pictures are everywhere, broseidon. He's coming very soon, within the next few weeks.
>>
is there any Malal homebrew for Black Crusade anywhere?
>>
>>49728325
>Do you think your team can take him down?

Our team mows through single or double CSMs (and their cultist retinues) through some stroke of accidentally power-building, but no, I don't think four Guardsmen can kill Magnus.
>>
I've been GMing a DH campaign for a little while now, and I'm noticing that nothing with Primitive can scratch the parties Guardsman because of his flak armour. I don't really want to increase the strength of various creatures since they hurt the other party members enough already. Does anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>49729020

Improved Natural Weapons trait makes natural weapons not primitive anymore and boosts their pen a little bit. If it's just rando beasts that they're fighting, consider giving creatures that trait. The Mono upgrade for basic melee weapons will also unprimitive something and boost pen.
>>
>>49728325
>Do you think your team can take him down? If it has stats, it can die, after all...
Unless they're Grey Knights, I'd call shenanigans
>>
>>49728325
Would a team made entirely of high xp Thousand Sons Sorcerers with their Rubric Minions from the Tome Of Fate supplement for Black Crusade stand a chance against Magnus?
>>
>>49729001
you just need more lascannons and earthshakers

and dont forget marauders
>>
>>49728325
>Can your team beat Big Red?
No, but with a bit of luck and the God-Emperor looking down on us, we'll certainly slow him down.
Party: Chainsword Knight Child Soldier, PR 5 Pyromancy Psyker, Grumpy Polish Man with a Lasgun, and a Skitarii with enough BS to supply an entire Agri-world.
>>
>>49728325
>Can your team beat Big Red?

Playing a pretty high power game in the vein of Dark Crusade - Inquisitor Imperial Knight, Chapter Master of an Iron Hands successor chapter, a Canoness Superior, and a fucking Eldar Phoenix Lord.

If it comes down to just throwing enough dakka at him, we could send him back to the warp.

How would you guys begin to stat ol' Red?
>>
>>49730025

The fact that he's being statted at all is the reason 40k is a fucking joke nowadays. This is a being that can rewrite reality, a son of the Emperor himself, a psychic monstrosity without compare.

And now he can be tarpitted by grots and one-hit killed by a fucking Knight or something.

if my players met him, they'd die by fiat. Do not burn fate. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 thrones. Just reroll. Such a creature should never have been statted in the first place, and the people at GW have proven that they no longer deserve to run their setting.
>>
>>49730025
You sure? Big Red was pretty damned bad ass, and Alpharius might whoop the asses of a group like that let alone Magnus
>>
>>49730301
Oh no doubt man, that's why I'm saying if it comes down to just shooting shit at him, because we have a lot of guns. Even then though, I'm sure he could kill us, or at least fuck us up severely, if he gets to casting his spells. I'd make that kind of an encounter a pretty big deal.
>>
what is the best mutation in Black Crusade?
>>
>>49730680
the dick
>>
>>49731297
He said mutation, not character archetype.
>>
>>49730680
I tend towards high mobility characters, so wings are invaluable.
>>
Everyone ordering their books now while they're still available? I got the core book for Deathwatch, but I missed out on Rites of Battle.
>>
File: download23.jpg (599KB, 1024x1462px) Image search: [Google]
download23.jpg
599KB, 1024x1462px
How exactly do infiltration campaigns work in BC, when PCs generally look like this? Maybe with more tentacles and heresy-era armor?

Yeah I'm bit more sarcastic then serious, it's just goofy considering every piece of art in BC has the character in full chaosy regalia with pale skin and spiked wheel tattoos.
>>
>>49732571
Though proxies like human cultists and hive gangers. If you can't infiltrate yourself, be the command.
>>
>>49731500

I got most of the core rulebooks and a few supplements for each, was collecting them before the announcement and they were hard to find then...

Good luck getting anything Only War related.
>>
Is Dark Heresy decently able to be run online or does it really need you to sit down for it?
>>
>>49732735
All of these work fine online
>>
>>49732571
One of the possible rewards/mutations is, iirc, the ability to make yourself look completely normal and uncorrupted. And there are several psychic powers that can do a similar thing too.
But yeah, >>49732590
command is right. Also, Chaos Marine *are* resourceful enough to infiltrate and observe from long range.
>>
In the current fluff can you even kill a daemon prince or does "killing" it just send it screaming back into the Warp?
>>
>>49732571
>How exactly do infiltration campaigns work in BC, when PCs generally look like this?
The universe is a big place, and not every NPC faction knows enough setting lore to tell the difference between a marine covered in skulls and another marine covered in severed heads.
>>
In DH, are your Inquisitors players or NPC's? What are they like?
>>
>>49733048
There are a few ways, but most 'killings' just banish them.
>>
File: 1442473474899.webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
1442473474899.webm
1MB, 450x472px
>GM: Okay, for the entire party to proceed YOU (and only you) have to pass 4 -30 tech use checks
>Pass one
>Fail second
>GM says: "Failure"
>Fail next, no gm response
>Pass next
>go back to first failure, try again - no gm response
>go to next failure, try again
>GM: You fail, and your Mechadendrite and Combi Tool break because you spammed tests
>>
>>49733245
That is just being an ass.
>>
>>49728722
sneaky bump for dhe1
>>
Anything I need to know before GMing Rogue Trader? Tips and tricks, quick fixes, houserules, homebrew, etc?

>>49731500
Ive got the PDFs for everything and some of the hardcovers for Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader and a handful for Deathwatch. And the core for Only War.
>>
File: dao of pooh.jpg (69KB, 684x692px) Image search: [Google]
dao of pooh.jpg
69KB, 684x692px
>>49733048
Old fluff had it that "banishing" or "killing" a demon seriously fucked with its ability to be corporeal for a long time. So while you couldn't necessarily permanently kill a demon, you could ensure it wouldn't bother anyone in the Imperium for another few thousand years.
>>49733245
You're not the same anon whose GM was giving you -60 to repair some water-logged vox units are you?
>>49733107
I'm running DH, and the Inquisitor is a pc.
He's a pretty chill dude, to the extent that we call him "Inquisitor Easygoing".
He could be called a pragmatic radical. He doesn't futz around with Demonhosts (yet!), but he has a mutant operative in his entourage, has used aliens in the past, and generally doesn't put a lot of stock in overt displays of piety. He definitely believes in the God Emperor, but he spends more time fighting than praying.
He started out as an Arbite, worked his way up to being the party's prime and then full Inquisitor., more or less by virtue of not having any massive personality flaws.
He has been instrumental in saving the sector at least twice, but has made an enemy of Lord Sector Hax and several other powerful interests. The Storm Wardens are fond of him because he exposed a plot to assassinate one of their commanders.
Style wise, he tends to go everywhere geared up. What's a little unusual is that his team tends towards subtle, and he doesn't have a very large support organization either. This means he tends to have a high profile everywhere he goes, and doesn't necessarily have the firepower to back it up. Still, he's rock hard in combat, and counts a tech-assassin, a legendary gunfighter, and a potent Psyker/adept in his entourage right now, so he can usually scrape his way out when things get serious.
Amusingly, he has very high insanity, but it has only manifested itself in an intense fear of being eaten alive due to an awful experience aboard a ship with a failed Gellar field early in his career.
>>
Is using the old "Brutal Dodge" rule for newer players a bad thing?
>>
File: 1435198693603.jpg (43KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
1435198693603.jpg
43KB, 720x600px
>>49733776
>You're not the same anon whose GM was giving you -60 to repair some water-logged vox units are you?

I am

Despite being super best friends with everyone involved including the GM and having been in this group (+ or - some members) for 3 years now, tonight was the night I've first truly felt 'Maybe I should just call it quits'

I've definitely decided my next character will be a big dumb rock that hits things over the head and never does any skill checks.
>>
File: IMG_2847.jpg (286KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2847.jpg
286KB, 1600x1066px
>>49733917
Make a big Ogryn. A BIG Ogryn. If you guys roll stats, fudge your dice and make your Strength, Toughness and Intelligence rolls for 20's for base 40 in each before modifiers. Become Banegryn. Think up a Master Plan. Be the Big Guy for, (You).
>>
>>49733901
The what now?
>>
>>49733969
If the Techpriest dies, good chance. The group would be fucked because I am literally the only non-Guardsman, but I guess that's just how it is.

Next game once this is finished is Black Crusade, I've already lain the groundwork for going Berzerker.
>>
File: 24f9b932915016e1560530da0eba5f58.jpg (462KB, 1643x984px) Image search: [Google]
24f9b932915016e1560530da0eba5f58.jpg
462KB, 1643x984px
>>49732571

Look at the art for Imperium societies. Look at the people on the damn cover for DH2E. Trust me, shove the tentacles under your shirt and leave the spike wheels at home and you'll fit in just fine.
>>
>>49734017

Normal Dodge and Parry rules were that after the attack hits, you then can spend a Reactionn to make a Dodge or Parry test. Brutal Dodge changes that to BEFORE the attack roll is made.

Normal Dodge
>Opponent Rolls to hit
>If it's a miss, whatever
>If it's a hit, either spend your one reaction per turn order to attempt a dodge or parry test.

Brutal Dodge
>opponent declares an attack at you
>tell the GM before dice or rolled if you intend to spend the reaction to Dodge or Parry the attack
>if you do, and you pass the test, attacker rolls dice to check if they jammed the gun but misses regardless of the result because you dodged it
>if you fail, opponent gets to roll to hit as normal
>if you decline to spend your reaction before dice are rolled, you can't spend the reaction after they are rolled

Basically it makes your Dodge and Parry skill tests less powerful and encourages players to spend their reaction whenever someone attacks for a lot of damage. I would need to remind my players all the time about it though. Maybe I'll just ask them and if they don't like it, we can switch back to normal dodge rules between sessions.
>>
>>49733969
You know, I've been thinking a Banegryn would be a great character.
>>
>>49733917
Anon, this is a pattern buddy.
Your GM is having some kind of issue with how your character is built. I don't know if he's worried you succeeding too easily will break the game, or if he doesn't like skill monkeys or what, but you gotta talk to him about this.
Like, seriously, this strikes me as very weird.
I get annoyed with players sometimes, particularly if they're doing things like all trying a coercion check at the same time without explaining how each person is contributing and just randomly rolling dice until someone succeeds, but that doesn't sound like what you were doing.
Maybe he thinks tech priests are a bad class or something?
But seriously, you gotta talk to him. Does he do this stuff with anyone else in the group?
>>
>>49730299
Your post is pretty retarded, anon. We're talking about a setting where THE FUCKING NIGHTBRINGER was a passably average combatant, and the Nightbringer was waaaaaay more significant in the lore than Magnus. We're talking about a being that was responsible for the primal fear of death in all mortal races but orks.

Also, Abbadon is a fieldable unit and the Black Legion supplement implies he one upped all the Chaos Primarchs.
>>
what if some admech magos watched a copy of pacific rim, and decided to build a primarch-buster knight to deal with the daemon-primarchs, what would its weapons be, and how would a team of acolytes be expected to stop it?

the only way i can think of is to do it before its completed, but then that would be anti-climatic
and why would you want to destroy it
>>
>>49734280
>and how would a team of acolytes be expected to stop it?

Lure it across a bridge
>>
>>49734280
The Psychic Titan Legions are a thing, anon.
>>
>>49734166
The only thing anyone else has is awareness, and they usually get rolled at +0 or maybe -10. There have been a few times where he started randomly throwing stat checks at major penalties during crises (hold open door etc).

I think it has to do with difficulty. I guess he thinks my high tech use is making the game too easy or something. Problem being I get the distinct feeling that I'm just treading water even as I spend so much xp. I will say however that the other players got a bit upset and made him agree to ease off on the skill checks a bit. Which probably means everything at -20.

Rip my mechadendrite and any desire to provide utility to the group, however, and when I said how bs I thought it all was I was told to get over it.

Still salty, even if it's purely on principle.
>>
How do I incorporate Comrades into OW? Anons, I need you to help me explain Comrades to me. All of us keep forgetting about them, and I need your help to simplify them for me.
>>
>>49734353
>you get a small bonus to hit

Done.
>>
>>49734305
the what? i cant seem to find anything about them
>>
>>49734342
Your GM just sucks. That's all I'm saying.

Being good at something means that you are GOOD at something. You make a character who's good at doing a thing, sk he should be able to do a thing. Simple. Heck, if he's giving you a -60, then everyone else should be taking all sorts of penalties for everything and never passing.

Shoot, do it! Make a character who only ever contributes in combat. Force your party to specialize, and hopefully realize how much your GM sucks.
>>
>>49734342
I mean, losing your Mechadendrites is a pretty fucking BS move honestly. That's a pretty serious piece of gear, it's literally a part of your character's body.
Having it get ripped out by an enemy, or burned off with acid or something would be cool.
"You used it and it broke" for trying a test again is horseshit.
>>
>>49734386
>>49734394
Listen to these guys. Your GM is a shit. He's been a shit, he's a shit now, and he's going to continue to be a shit, even though you tried to explain how shitty he's being.
>>
noop here, i'm at a fork in the road and i need to be told which road to take.

Playing DH 2e, my first time in a pnp and the DMs not very experienced at running games.

I've been running a psyker, but until last session ive been hiding my powers. Just assesing the situation, letting people close in (my agility sucks) and then badly meleeing enemies until my team shoots them dead/intimidates them.

Last session i used my ruinous powers offensivley for the first time, destroying the big bad and partially fucking the story.

At this point should i take a back seat and primarily stick with melee, hoping to one day eventually find a force sword (DMs already told me it probably wont be allowed to happen) or do I go full chaos and hope that the DM can appropriately scale enemies to the new threat?
>>
>>49734761
Do you not have a gun?
>>
>>49734761

In DH 1e krak grenades are cheap, and flamers don't need to hit.
>>
>>49734761
Use your psyker powers whenever you don't have to worry about civilian witnesses. It's never full chaos unless you Push, and there's no reason to Push in DH2.
>>
>>49734804
i hadn't thought of grenades, even frag grenades with their 0 pen would on average out perform my melee.

>>49734780
las pistol only. In the battle against the boss things were looking bad and i didnt want to spend a turn changing from melee to ranged. Where as dropping my weapon and doing a half action for spontaneous combustion seemed like a good idea at the time.

>>49735008
mmm thats kind of the direction i had been going in, sort of all else fails. Only concern is that i already know the party doesn;t like psykers, since theres an unsanctioned one in the party thats being pretty irresponsible.

I think what i might do i get some grenades or try for a flamer pistol and then see how/if the team reacts to the new psyker. Depending on how that inevitable conversation goes ill see where powers will take me.
>>
>>49728722

Hive a team mate a gun and tell them to shoot you if you go crazy. Problem solved.
>>
>>49735105
You know you can hold a gun and a sword in a hand each right? Using psychic powers also doesn't need any free hands.
>>
>>49735105
You've already used your powers. You're out of the closet now. Just hope they'll begrudgingly accept you. They SHOULD, seeing as shooting you in the face would probably irritate the Inquisitor who put your group of acolytes together in the first place. What's the point of playing a psyker if you're not even going to psyke?
>>
Here's a question for Dark Heresy 2nd Ed.

A friend of mine is looking to use the background "Crusader" and to take the Talent, Bodyguard. But he is unable to actually find where this talent is listed in order to look at what it does. Would I be able to get a page reference?

Secondly, a question for my own character:
I've noticed DH is a lot more investigatory then it previously was, which I really like. I randomly generated my character and got Highborn, Administratum, Seeker. I managed a max roll for my fellowship, and feel the need to bump my Fellowship up to 50. I have all the face and quite a few investigative skill taken care of, but other then my base knowledge skills, I don't have much. On one hand, having 50 Fellowship seems fucking rad, but on the other, I think I might be underestimating knowledge skills, and I'm beginning to thinking the party may be relying on me to actually know things. Should I drop a Fellowship bump, dropping to 45, for three knowledge skills? Am I trying to fit to much in character creation?
>>
>>49735222
In the talent section of the book? Page 60.

If you have the Intelligence and exp for it, go for Infused Knowledge instead if you want to know stuff.
>>
>>49735252
Thanks. After I posted I continued going through the book. It seems he must have missed the obvious.

Sadly I don't have the Int for Infused Knowledge, but I had taken note of it. I was mainly looking at Cover-Up as far as Talents go. I don't know, it's new and exciting for me.
>>
>>49735285
In that case, go though the skills and talent sections in the books before spending exp to get a better idea of the options you have.
>>
>>49735285
>>49735309
Also, is nobody a techpriest or a Sage role?
>>
>>49735158
>You know you can hold a gun and a sword in a hand each right?
i assumed i couldn't. Seems to be some conflict between Two-Weapon Wielder and Ambidextrous. If i have a weapon in each hand but only attack with one of the weapons in a given turn is there a penalty without taking any talents in dual wielding?

>>49735198
at this point my concern is how the DM is going to balance things. A normal attack for each player is 1d10, if i use powers im hitting 1d10+4 plus another 1d10 in flame damage on the victims next turn. I've been averaging 5 damage in melee and just hit for 18 damage in my first psychic attack. I guess this is balanced by the large xp cost of being a psyker?
>>
>>49735309
So far my character is looking like this

WS:30
BS:31
S:29
T:27
A:33
I:33
Per:35
Wil:37
Fel:50
Inf:43

Skills
Awareness
Charm
Command
Commerce
Common Lore Admin
Decieve
Inquiry
Logic
Scholastic Lore Astromancy
Scrutiny

I feel that I've really covered the bases for party Face, and can help the Arbite with the Investigating. I'm just unsure if I should be looking at any of the Lores, Common, Forbidden, or Scholastic. I'm just having trouble deciding if it's worth it to drop to a 45 Fellowship in order to pick up 2-3 Knowledge skills.
>>
>>49735354
That is only if you're attacking with both at once. There is no issue if you attack with the pistol one round and the sword with the next.
>>
>>49735315
No. We have an Arbite Crusader, Outcast Assassin (Melee), and me. There is a forth, and he usually plays "Caster Types" so we kind of expect he'll roll up a psyker. Everyone rolled their characters entirely randomly, so we were hoping he may do the same, which is why I'm thinking if he doesn't get the ability to, I should maybe take up the mantle of knowledge guy, you know?
>>
>>49735366
thats preaty neato, cheers.
>>
So I'm thinking about doing a Necromunda/Hive Gangers campaign, starting off as the little guys and building up a criminal empire. Blackadder meets Trailer Park Boys meets Breaking Bad.

I'm planning om using 1e DH, with a few tweaks;

- Four starting Careers - Scum, Heavies (tweaker Arbitrator), Techie (tweaked Techpriest), Ganger (tweaked Guardsman).
- Alt career ranks available later
- Using Thrones as personal currency, and moving into scaled-down Profit Factor once they get a bit of an empire going.
- Using Reputation/Infamy to represent their pull in the Underworld

What other tweaks would you recommend?

What else should I change up?
>>
Rolling up my first rogue trader character and I'm playing said Rogue Trader in the group, anyone have any tips for what to allocate for my characteristics?

My GM rolled me up (pre added the 25)

I'm thinking of going with Fellowship mid-tier so I can just spend the small amount of XP to get the +10 or 20 to get it to 60 instead of just going +45 immediately.

Thanks!
>>
>>49735900
Should probably add through Origin path I basically went straight down through the tiers from
Noble Born
In Service to the Throne - Born to Lead
Chosen by Destiny
High Vendetta
Exhilaration - The Thrill of War

Lineage: A Proud Tradition - Uncertain Inheritance.

So I got a +5 Fel, -5 WP, -3 Tough, +3 Ballistic, +3 Per.
>>
Dark Heresy 2e

One of my players is a tech priest who specializes in Medicae.

He wants to craft poisons and things like Tox-rounds.

How should I go about letting him do this? Medicae Roll and add DoSx10 to his influence roll?

Really at a loss for the crafting system, especially for things like poison which aren't really listen in the book (beyond perhaps the Toxic Quality, even then how do I determine that.)

>>49735900
Wouldn't you want to make Fellowship your highest score? Seems kind of critical for keeping everybody in line. Plus you're responsible for all major negotiations. Intelligence might not be a bad stat to have either for things like Commerce.
>>
>>49735952
Fellowship is also one of my cheapest stats to increase at 100/250/500/750 per +5 and +60 is max right?
>>
>>49728622
The last one did not get deleted are you retarded?

>>49728325
Link the previous thread you stupid cuck

>>49655170
>>
>>49735963
There's no scenario where you wouldn't want fellowship at 65, which is pretty low get some + from your background.
>>
>>49735963
+60 to a skill test is the max, but I'm not sure if that factors in having a skill trained above (Known).

Still, I don't see it as a bad thing to have a really high fellowship score for all occasions.

It may be attractive to take some combat related characteristics very high, but if the Rogue Trader has to do a lot of fighting then you're doing something wrong. That is what your Arch Militant / Armsmen are for.
>>
>>49735986
>>49735991
Ah ok thanks for the notes on Fellowship.
>>
>>49735952
What are you having difficulty with?
>>
>>49736061
What are the mechanics behind crafting poisons with Medicae and what are the stats for the poison (and how does DoS influence this).

Can he make the poisons without rolling influence?

Also, can he make Tox rounds with Medicae.
>>
>>49736118
I know there are some diseases here and there but I can't remember if there are any actual poisons. Best suggestion would be that the GM and player should work together to stat out something reasonable.

Influence is only needed to get the crafting materials which have an availability one step easier than the availability of the item itself.

That depends if you consider them a Tech-Use or Medicae item. If they're Tech-Use, you do need blueprints for them. I'm leaning toward Tech-Use items as they have to be bullet tips or the payload of a bolt round.

I would count ammo as gear instead of a weapon though.
>>
>>49736118
>all manner of drugs and poisons as detailed on page 172
>Natural Drugs and Poisons: 1d5 hours, 4 extended test successes
>Synthetic Drugs and Poisons: 2d10 hours, 8 extended test successes
>With the GM’s permission, players can even create new drugs and poisons based on the venom of slain creatures or to mimic the effects of certain environments (note that here a character always needs at least a small sample of the original substance).
>>
>>49736165
>Nothing on page 172 is a poison
>>
>>49736165
>As a general rule, when creating items using the Tech-Use or the Medicae skill, characters must always buy materials.
>When acquiring materials for crafting, determine the item’s Availability and then decrease it by one level.
(doesn't apply when you have slain creatures, samples, etc on hand)
>>
>>49736175
1) they're drugs, and use the same rules

2) doesn't matter; find a toxin or make one up
>>
>>49735952
>How should I go about letting him do this? Medicae Roll and add DoSx10 to his influence roll?

There's rules for this in one of the Dark Heresy 2e books; I think it might have been in the corebook. There's a sidebar labelled "crafting", or something to that effect.

IIRC, how it works is you make an Influence test at one difficulty easier to buy the raw materials, and then you make a test using the relevant crafting skill at a penalty equal to the penalty you'd have to the Influence test to buy it normally. In some cases (e.g. a guy with Survival making things from natural materials he can hunt or gather with what he has on-hand), you can bypass the initial Influence test.
>>
>>49736195
Core book page 98 and it takes up a whole page so it is rather difficult to miss.
>>
Hey, guys. DM here. Player wants to play a Navigator and have the eye do more than just navigate. IE, it has vague prescient abilities. Mostly plot/RP stuff. What do you think? What are some cool ideas I could give to him? His character is actually pretty fucking cool and I'd love to see him play it well
>>
>>49735359
I'd say on starting character some extra lore or userful talents worth 5 Fellowship, or maybe even 10. Rerolling Inquiry tests or autosuccess of social tests are userful.
>>
Daemon world adeptus arbites who still considers his home planet and everything on it subject to Imperial law.

Did he survive by being the toughest fucker or the fastest fucker? Do I stack aptitudes for starting off with a shit ton of dodge or aim to start off with true grit?
>>
>>49736857
You can't enforce the law if you're dead.
>>
>>49736857
Being fast lets you dodge attacks that give no shits about your constitution, but being tough is useful in any situation on a Daemon World just as much as being mentally strong is. Those places are nightmares for the body and mind just to exist on.
>>
>>49736923
Yeah, but there's different ways of not being dead, some are fast enough to avoid it, others are hard enough to toughen it out.

I'm thinking about which one is most fitting.
>>
>>49736118
Toxins use the Toxic trait. Most toxins cause additional damage, but they can have numerous effects. A paralyzer might cause Stun, a sleep drug or anesthetic might cause Fatigue, or they can cause Characteristic damage. Decide what the poison is and does, then work out how that can be achieved mechanically.
>>
>>49736931
Looking over talent aptitudes, I'm gonna go with speed as it meshes better with shooting talents, since he's gonna be a shotgun cop.
>>
>>49736507
Check out Into The Storm's section on Navigator/Astropath actions in ship-board combat, and the Navis Primer for more Navigator powers, along with more Navigator-focused rules.

Also, consider giving them Trade (Soothsayer), since they start with an Emperor's Tarot deck as part of the standard starting gear, and that's the skill you need to use one; the rules for them are in Faith and Coin (basically, spend 3d10 minutes doing a reading, make a successful test, and the person you're doing the reading for gets a bonus Fate point that they can spend but not burn for the duration of the session)
>>
>>49733379
Use the mathhammer ship weapon rules.
Realize that RT more than any other game is power fantasy pirates in space, expect the game to go in such a way.
Make sure a player who wants to roll a xenos actually understands them, from a lore and rp perspective.
Do your best to subtly corral them into a plot by equal parts planning, breadcrumb trails, and pure bullshittery.
Do not be afraid to throw the gauntlet at them, they WILL piss off other powers.
Powers not to be fucked with lightly in ascending order:
Orks > Ragols > Slaught = Tau > Eldar > Necrons.
No God Emperor or Buddha Tier:
Hrud
If your players manage to piss of the Hrud, they have literally earned the extinction they will be getting.
>>
>>49737320
>TFW trading with Eldar
>"We found these spirit stones on an ancient battlefield. They are our gift to you to prove good intention on our part. Please accept them."
>This is actually the truth. Still a long nervous moment as they consider whether to kill us all
>They accept the stones and agree to trade with us
>Collective sigh of relief and unclenching of anuses
>>
>>49734118
I don't see how this makes the game BETTER, anon.
You are already at a flat score, which will be 25-45, to dodge with the vast majority of characters. In a system where the odds are already against the pcs, you are simply stacking more on... why, exactly? To make a skill that is usually 50/50 at best (unless you stack on item bonuses, which don't even exist for dodge) even more unlikely?
Difficulty is not a virtue in and off itself.
>>
>>49735359
>T: 27
Christ, anon, get that to T3 bonus. If/When negotiations fail, you can't even eat a pistol round without sweating.
>>
>>49737320
>you show up to help some filthy mon'keigh win a war against orks to stop some unknown dark fate for the Eldar
>they promptly realize that you need them as much as they need you
>they offer to sell you spirit stones in exchange for shuriken catapults and power swords
>not even to fight the war with, just to sell afterwards
>yfw you can't kill them for the humiliation and they know it
>>
>>49737365
They are planning to murder you later, you know that, right?
>>49737435
>implying that killing someone is the only way to get a mon'keigh
>not ruining their fortune by reading the skeins of fate and fucking them over slowly over the course of decades to destitution
>killing them lol
Get on the Eldar's level, anon.
>>
>>49737423
Unfortunately it was my - stat. I believe it was something like 34 but I have to take the two lowest. There isn't much I can do about it, considering it would cost my huge amounts of xp to bump. Thankfully I start with enforcer light carapace, and I'll just have to keep my eye out for forcefield or better gear. Thanks Lilly the arbite is my defacto bodyguard, so he's putting himself between me and the bullets.
>>
>>49737507
Anon, it is entirely worth it for a starting stat bump that will take you to the next bonus.
Your weight capacity goes up, your soak goes up, and you should do the same with strength.
If you don't have S/T3, you are muckin' about.
>>
>>49737534
I have literally no combat capability without investing huge amounts of xp into simply sucking less. I've never actually played a non combatant in DH, and I would hope that the other three players are going to be geared enough towards combat, that they can pick up the slack.

It's nice to see the changes to the base rules for combat. It's a lot easier to get bonuses to shooting at the like, so I'll be able to add a little where I can. I took Proficiency with Las because I could eventually get a Hellpistol at least.

I'm fine with the idea of playing a character who is a lot of talk, and leaves the roughing up to the plebeians.
>>
File: 1472744759542.png (500KB, 751x458px) Image search: [Google]
1472744759542.png
500KB, 751x458px
>>49733245
What were you trying to fix that would warrant such bullshit? Were you attempting to fix a suit if Terminator armor after a genestealer attack while being fleated by a sister of battle?
>>
>>49737609
Being a noncombatant != being dead weight, anon, your analogy is false.
There is a reason the face is often the first one dead, after the mage, in SR, and that is because they can be expected to be alone, underarmored, on enemy turf. It is also the reason the team will chip in to get the face decent low visibility armor and a good gun rig.
>>
>>49737697
Why would I go anywhere alone? That's asking to die. Either way, I don't think I'm going to be "dragging down the team" when it comes time to let lead fly. I'm just not going to be dishing out huge amounts of damage, and I'm fine with that. I'll still be able to pull a trigger. I would rather spend the 1000 xp it would take me to bump my S and T to a 3 bonus on Int and Fel based skills and talents that I could put to better use for the team.
>>
>>49737479
>They are planning to murder you later, you know that, right?
So is literally everyone I trade with, because I'm a Rogue Trader and I bargain like a rich Jewish banker who refuses to pay wholesale on a 25c stick of gum. If I refused to deal with people who want to murder me, I'd be spending my whole life in my quarters having bubble baths.
>>
>>49737755

Why not buy flamer training then? No stat requirements at all and very frontloaded. You'll be useful in combat for a minimal cost.
>>
>>49737780
It's something I could invest in sure, but not at character creation I don't think. I would much prefer to have the Intelligence and Fellowship based skills so I can help the group find the leads to start the investigation. At a later time maybe, it depends on what kind of progression I'm looking at. Also my group has kind of begun to enjoy the idea of my character just being a very distasteful person when it comes to dealing with lessers, and leaving the uncivilized work to them. So we'll see how long that holds up for. I've got a fancy purse gun to fall back on if things get too fishy.
>>
>>49735991
I'm pretty sure that the bonus for having the skill above known doesn't count for the +60 max, that's only for modifiers.
>>
>>49737692
Broken robots.

Literally just broken robots we had disassembled during a puzzle. With no time constraints or any distractions.

Yes, still salty. It hurts even worse now because just thinking it through characterwise, my character basically treats their mechadendrites like they are their friends and the Utility is the one they always toy with the most. My techpriest is a rather pathetic individual, and now apparently has broken their best friend.
>>
>>49738199
You mean servitors?
>>
>>49738199
He didn't even follow the goddamn rules.
That'd be an extended test requiring X successes, with Y duration per test,not 'X tests'.
>>
>>49738227
No, mechadendrites. Like I said, my techpriest is a very sad individual that basically plays with themself. They don't have any Servitors yet.
>>
>>49738390
Mechandendrites aren't robots, they are your metal limbs/tentacles
>>
>>49738409
He's techpriest, though. He could be (more) autistic (than usual) and think their machine spirits are his best friend.
>>
>>49738199
>massive penalties
>breaks gear for no reason
>uses forge world maymay robots

Drop this GM senpai, they have no idea what they are doing
>>
>>49738199
Sounds like he was trying to punish you for playing your character correctly and doing your job for(as far as I can tell) no rasin. I'd suggest leaving because, if you already tried talking it out and he said suck it up then there's no point in staying, just bull shit.
>>
>>49733245
Okay, he apparently expected you to stop on the first failure. Since you had to pass all four tests and failed one, you failed the entire thing and he felt like you were being a munchkin for trying to keep going? I guess? Because that is fucking dumb and spiteful, but it's the only way I can parse it.
>>
>>49738424
Basically this.

>>49738504
No, I was told specifically 4 individual tests. I don't think it is spite, just trying too hard to be stern in a really confusing way.
>>
>>49738434
>>49738478

This. Just get out of there, and take as many players as you can with you.
>>
>>49738569
Nah anon it sounds like spite, I'm sad to say.
>>
Someone has got to have made a combined armoury for Enemy Within/Without/Beyond

Link?
>>
>>49740957
I can draft one up in google docs in an hour or two.
>>
What would the interest levels in a Play by Post rogue trader game be?
>>
>>49741157
quite high on my part. Currently GMing too, one going to end in french, the other uin English is going on.
I'd like for once to be a player. Perhaps the RT, though a Senechal /VM is fine too.
Obviiously french anon here, so my English might be a bit broken here and there.
>>
>>49741083
I will suck your dick so much.

The combined armoury only has the core rulebook and enemy within
>>
so what are the best classes in Black Crusade?
>>
>>49741957

Slaanesh flesh crafter, warpsmith, and psyker
>>
>>49738569
Ask you GM what his deal is. If he's not too normie or sensitive, maybe show him this thread full of anons who think he's wrong.
>>
>>49741957
Tzeentchian Warpsmith, Thousand Sons Sorcerer for Astartes. Idolitrex Magi, Q'sal Magister and Flesh Crafter for Astartes.
>>
>>49742301
>*for Humans

Typically a well-built Psyker will outclass most people in the roles they dedicate their powers to for less cost if they're properly powergamed, and cybernetics in BC are nothing short of necessary for top-tier characters to a level where they're pretty broken.

So typically you either want to tap into the potential of one or both, or alternatively be a Flesh Crafter and just buff yourself to oblivion (unless the GM lets anyone do the Ritual, then Idolitrex Magi and Q'sallians are just better.)

That being said, this is a horrific powergamey attitude and alarm bells always go off in my head whenever somebody brings these archetypes to the table, even if I only keep an eye on their sheets more closely from then on.
>>
>>49733917
I am so sorry anon. That would make me rip my damn hair out. He seems to be hati g on tech stuff. Have you considered driving your techpriest off a cliff into insanity? Have him go through a religious relevation. The Omnisiah wants those things broken. He wants those doors locked. You need to buy a welding torch and a prybar or something. Rip open a wall and ignore the blessed door. Or even weld the lock permenantly closed. If he hates you doing your job, be the other type of techpriest.
>>
>>49741957
Everybody on BC is horribly op, going for the most op is a good way to get the gm to slap your bitch ass up
>>
I am on a serious budget but had just enough spending money outaide of what I need to live on to buy the corebook and dm kit for Black Crusade because I could get the two for 78 bucks including shipping. Did I do ok /tg/?
Also, I know I could just download them, and I probably will for the xpac books, I just really wanted a hard copy before it all went up in thousand dollar smoke.
>>
>>49743377
Better that way.
Especially if you are running the game, better to have the physical books.
>>
>>49741478
Don't suck my dick, thank you GM if you have one for helping you enjoy your games. Still working on it though, trying to get all the weapons before I move onto gear.
>>
>>49743403
Thats what I was thinking, and I will always be DMing because everyone I know wouldn't be able to DM. Hell, they might barely be able to play. But I hold out hope, and that is why I am spending my cash on these soon to be extinct relics.
>>
>>49743414
No worries dude there's a ton of stuff.
>>
>DH2e screws over combi-weapons of any sort
Still mad about that. Some of the changes are so ridiculous, it's pisses me off.
>>
These games always make some of the more interesting stories. I haven't played a game yet, but I am working on it. Until then, can I get you veterans to tell me your best stories?
>>
>>49744695
>MFW I have an old school "Halve the clip of the secondary weapon" bolter-and-plasma combi weapon with a chain bayonet and side-mounted exterminator
I don't care that it routinely throws flaming cogs when it jams, takes an eternity to reload, and weighs more than average dog, it is my baby and I adore it.
>>
>>49741157
I'd be down as all get out. I've got a totally random work schedule, so I haven't been able to play anything in forever. Play by post would be perfect for me.
>>
can genestealers survive in a vacuum, assuming they're shielded from solar radiation?
>>
>>49745429
most of the time, yes.it's not guaranteed but the majority of the time genestealers are fine.
>>
File: 1474404433819.jpg (137KB, 351x579px) Image search: [Google]
1474404433819.jpg
137KB, 351x579px
>>49744700
Hmm, a lot of mine are a bit hard to type out.
One of the more fun encounters I ran was fairly early on. The players were aboard a ship during a mutiny. One of them was a psychotic, barely controlled, possibly demon possessed psyker.
His first attempt to cast "twitch" resulted in MASS POSSESSION! Every single mutineer they were fighting fell to the ground screaming, as did most of his allies. He merrily drew his sword and began eviscerating the defenseless mutineers, at one point spilling so much blood on the ground that he was literally falling over and rolling about, laughing in it.
By the time everyone else came to, he had polished off the first assault. Also, a training-wheels npc psyker I had with them committed suicide as a result of the horror of the warp attack, eliciting cheers from the party, who all strong disliked him.
Later, the team was on Hive Tarsus investigating a serial killer with possible warp-links. Again the psychotic psyker began pushing his powers when they got into a fight with some toughs, and wound up shooting bolts of warp energy all around him randomly. I calculated out the death toll of innocent civilians nearby, and they had just about doubled the serial killer's body count in a single afternoon.
He finally pushed his powers too far and wound up possessed by a demon, and thus became the party's first major "boss fight". His demented spirit later returned for a special scenario in which a team of specially trained Psykers traveled to a demon world to stop him from amassing an army, which was also good fun.
>>
>>49746487
I love how the mages of this game ballance power with the fact that they can just explode into a demon. Or just explode. Thanks for the storytime.
>>
Are there Tau in the Koronus Expanse?
>>
Any advice for someone GMing a Rogue Trader game that has an Ork in the crew?

I'm trying to find ways to involve him more in non-combat portions (politics, ship events, etc). He says he's fine with his level of involvement thus far, but prior experience tells me it might wear on him at some point.

He's an Evil Sunz Ork with Pilot Spacecraft, Flyer and Ground Vehicle if that helps with ideas.
>>
>>49747839
As i recall, no tau. But there are kroot. So you can get your sexy xenotech pulse rifles. It just requires diplomacy.

Or murdering kroot kindreds till you find one with the gun you want.

In RT you can go either way.
>>
>>49747839
No, not unless they've managed to wander through the warp gate that the Achilus Crusade is using to get to the sector without getting the shit killed out of them by the Imperial Navy. The Koronus Expanse is literally on the opposite side of the Galaxy from the Tau.
>>
>>49748176
Let him build his own shuttlecraft or fighterz? Or a trukk? Have Gork or maybe Mork send him a dream. A dream of teaching the Umie Gits how to dakka in a proppa orky vehicle.
>>
>>49748176
What's his Ship Role? Helmsman? Twist-catcher? Lord Militant?
>>
>>49748260
Oh right. Well the Jericho Reach can work for what I'm planning since it's connected through the warp gate.
>>
>>49741157
I'd certainly be interested
>>
I have only a vague knowledge of 40k lore
Does the DH rulebook have enough about the setting to understand the world?
I mostly want to avoid acting out of place
>>
>>49749466
Both editions have a fair bit of lore, and the sourcebooks usually provide even more to use for adventures, or more info on the various worlds you may wish to use in a backstory.
>>
Can a tech priest PC remove cybernetics from fallen enemies? What are the mechanics behind such an action
>>
>>49728325
What are the characteristic bonuses of each stat used for? I'm not seeing that much about the bonuses themselves in the books. Am I just looking wrong?

I'm asking because Slaught seems to improve my Agility and Perception BONUS by 3. What does this translate to? What exactly would I be doing better?
>>
>>49750102
You're gonna be faster.
>>
>>49750024
Drag their corpses to a corpse-processing plant in the closest hive, or the closest Mechanicus forge in general, and pay them to do it, possibly with the bodies of the other minions you've killed - skulls and bones are always useful, while the corpses' meat can be processed into corpse-starch rations.

>>49750102
Agility bonus improves your movement rate. Perception bonus improves the range and/or damage of certain Navigator and Psychic powers. There's also some Talents that use them too, IIRC.
>>
>>49748176
have him organize a trukk race.

on the ship.
>>
>>49748338
I would love a twist catcher ork
>EY YA GIT YA BABY LOOKS KINDA UN-UMIE! WAT'Z DAT TENTACLE IN DA BELLY
>Please doctor, that is the umbilical cord! We have still to cut it!
>HMM I'L KEEP MAH EYE ON YA...DA KAPTIN SAYS MUTTIES GOTTA BE KRUMPED
>>
>>49742943
Omg this is fucking hilarious anon. Not the same guy, but I appreciate the "fuck shit" idea of it.
>>
>>49750259
They'd probably spend their time rounding up Grots and Yoofs from where they spawn in the damper spots of the ship's holds. Having an Ork present on the ship means that there's inevitably going to be some growing somewhere on the ship, after all.
>>
>>49744806
>my beloved weapon is a combat shotgun with a red dot, extended mag, aux grenade launcher and ammo selector
>the Lawbringer is my agent of the peace
>>
>>49750463
Personally I want to like the aux gl attachment, but it's kinda meh since you can't reload it in combat
>>
>>49728325
Don't know if this was ever answered before, but if I make a character with the Daemonworld homeworld, but then make their background be Adepta Sororitas, do they still gain the corruption points from being from a Daemonworld, or are they transferred to insanity points?
>>
>>49750760
I don't see any reason to assume this source of Corruption is exempt from the transfer to Insanity. Do you?
>>
>>49728325
Very new to the game, but I've been invited by a good group of friends and in their party to a Rogue Trader game, the only roles open are

>Seneschal
>Void-master
>Missionary

Which is the best for a complete newbie? I've got no idea what Seneschals are actually good at, they seem way too similar to Rogue Traders. Void-masters seem pretty useless apart from ship combat and I don't want to be pigeon holed like that. Missionaries appeal to me the most but, again, I don't want to be forced to be some 'FOR THE EMPERORAH' dickhead who treats everyone else with sheer contempt. Although I suppose being a part of a Rogue Trader's crew means you can get away with being a bit more of a traditional do-gooder that actually cares for other's well being.
>>
>>49751381
>>49751381
>The only roles open are
Why can't group just have 2 characters of the same career?
>>
>>49751418
I probably could but I personally prefer to let everyone in a group have a unique role. Helps with diversity and makes sure everyone gets a chance to shine. I hate stepping on other people's toes.
>>
What does a warband need to have role wise in DH2?
>>
>>49751381
>I've got no idea what Seneschals are actually good at, they seem way too similar to Rogue Traders.
They're spies, merchants, and logistical geniuses. They're basically the Rogue or Thief class of Rogue Trader.

>Void-masters seem pretty useless apart from ship combat and I don't want to be pigeon holed like that.
Void Masters are so good at it, though, that they're just about mandatory if ship-to-ship combat's going to play a major role in the campaign, IMO. They're also pretty good at fighting on the ground, too, though not as good as Arch-Militants; they've got a lot of the "tough guy" talents, and they've got the best advancement scheme for Ballistic Skill.

>Missionaries appeal to me the most but, again, I don't want to be forced to be some 'FOR THE EMPERORAH' dickhead who treats everyone else with sheer contempt.
Read Faith and Coin. Like half of the book is dedicated to examples of different ways to play a Missionary.
>>
>>49751609
>They're spies, merchants, and logistical geniuses. They're basically the Rogue or Thief class of Rogue Trader.

I figured Rogue Traders were, er, the Rogue class. Although they do seem more akin to the Face role in Shadowrun, i.e. the party leader and diplomat.

>Void Masters are so good at it, though, that they're just about mandatory if ship-to-ship combat's going to play a major role in the campaign, IMO. They're also pretty good at fighting on the ground, too, though not as good as Arch-Militants; they've got a lot of the "tough guy" talents, and they've got the best advancement scheme for Ballistic Skill.

Ah, neato. I'll look into them as well, depending on what our campaign is like.

>>49751609
>Read Faith and Coin. Like half of the book is dedicated to examples of different ways to play a Missionary.

Good advice, I'll look into it. Thanks a lot. Any other books similar to Faith and Coin for the other roles?
>>
>>49751366
Well, since you pick your homeworld before you pick your background, I wasn't sure whether those corruption points would stick since you roll for them before you get the Incorruptible ability
>>
>>49751648
>Good advice, I'll look into it. Thanks a lot. Any other books similar to Faith and Coin for the other roles?
Navis Primer's got a bunch of stuff for Psychics and Navigators. None of the other books focus in on particular Careers, but Into the Storm's got a bunch of stuff for pretty much everyone, though it's more of a general "expansion" book. Battlefleet Koronus is primarily focused on starship combat, with a bit on warfare in general, and Hostile Acquisitions is focused on non-Chaos-related criminal activity in general, with options for players who want to focus on those areas.

That's pretty much it for human characters - there's rules for playing Xenos in a few books. Orks and Kroot are in Into the Storm (with Ork Weirdboyz added in Navis Primer), Dark Eldar in The Soul Reaver adventure and its online supplement, and the Tau in the Tau Character Guide. Obviously, whether or not playing a Xenos would be viable depends on the group.

Most of the other books are GM-focused, either setting books, bestiaries, adventures, or some combination of any or all of the above.
>>
>>49751648
>I figured Rogue Traders were, er, the Rogue class
They're more of a leadership class, as their special ability is (every round) making others do things better.
>>
File: IMG_0337.jpg (40KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0337.jpg
40KB, 500x281px
>>49751609
Aren't they also the Knowledge class?

The person to turn to for all your historical and cultural information about something?

Think Daniel Jackson from Stargate.
>>
>>49752043
>Seeker of Lore: The Seneschal may spend a Fate Point to automatically succeed at any Ciphers, Lore, or Logic Test. Doing so means that the Test is resolved in the minimum time required. In addition, the Seneschal adds one bonus Degree of Success to any successful Commerce, Inquiry, or Evaluate Test.

>Exceptional Leader: As a free action once per round, the Rogue Trader may grant an ally that he can see and who can hear him +10% to any one test.
>>
Out of curiosity, what are the most viable Xenos races you could play?

Tau, for example, might be good for a party since they're all about the Greater Good, but you might struggle justifying one not being a part of their empire etc.
>>
>>49753008
Genestealer cultists could work if they are 3rd or 4th generation and just say they're infiltrating the Inquisition.
>>
>>49750743
Nigga what? It just says reload is "Full." Doesn't that just mean a full action?
>>
>>49753008

Freeboota Ork and Eldar Corsair, both fit the swashbuckling pirate theme of RT
>>
File: image.png (317KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
317KB, 2048x1536px
Hi /40krpgg/ I recently bought the DH2e book along with black crusade and deathwatch.

Sorry to be a heretic, but is dark heresy the base of the core rules for all these games (rt and ow as well)?

Meaning to say if I read the dh2e rules do all the other "games" use the same crunch?

Many pages (300+) for each so I want to ask what is it that I should be paying attention to?

I have read the DH1e demo adventure as well as the adventure in the 1e core. I also have purge the unclean which should be adventure 3 in the dh1e liniage and I can honestly say it's a great backdrop (40k setting meme).

I also heard/read that the dh core rules are a spinoff of a Star Wars RPG?

Tldr is dark heresy the main core rules for the 40k rpg universe? (Also understanding that there may never be any more editions of any of these)
>>
>>49753008
Just be some niggers from the farsight enclave that dont give a flying fuck any more
>>
>>49753160
No, DH core rules aren't a spinoff to anything other than WFRP 2E.
>>
Has anyone converted the Demiurg vessels from BFG into RT?
>>
>>49753178
So DH and all the other use the same rule set but different settings?
>>
>>49754174
Different settings and some changes from ruleset to ruleset (such as dropping careers altogether, combining skills, changing autofire modofiers etc.)
>>
File: 1475638386150.jpg (126KB, 933x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1475638386150.jpg
126KB, 933x1170px
>>49749466
The core books have a *tonne* of info. There are also a lot of good crash courses on the internet. If you've played any of the video games you should be more or less fine. There's so much variation in the setting, only the broad strokes are really important to have a grasp of.
>>49750024
I'd make it a difficult medicae check to perform the surgery, possibly tech use as well to ensure no components are damaged.
Obvious limbs would be fairly difficult to damage while removing, whereas more sensitive items like eyes or any kind of neural interface might be rendered useless by a failure of more than three degrees.
>>49750102
Ag bonus would make you move faster. Perception bonus by the RAW is only useful for some particular talents (something that lets you give your friends your perception bonus for initiative rather than their agility, iirc). I can't quite recall, but I believe it also helps in opposed checks.
>>49753008
Orks are super easy to role play, and since their primary motivation is violence followed by wealth they can logically be found with any militant Rogue Trader.
Kroot are generally pretty chill guys, with just enough weirdness to make them interesting. They'll fight for anyone, and don't have a particularly harsh cultural philosophy beyond "eat the worthy dead" that would interfere with group dynamics.
Tau are pretty close to 21st century humans. An exile might be even closer, having grown disillusioned with the Ethereals and skeptical of the Greater Good's militant aspects. You can focus on their loneliness and need to be part of a group again for an easy dynamic with the party.
Eldar are supposed to be extra weird elves. Corsairs in particular fit well. I'd avoid Dark Eldar unless you have a very evil crew going, or everyone's fine with the "token evil teammate" thing.
>>
Anybody ever use a voice modulator for a Tech-Priest? I've thought about it but can't find a good one.
>>
>>49753160
Careers work a bit differently between games (in that some of them have pseudo-levels, and others don't, implying that to be one is to be one for a long time compared to some other Rank-less careers) and each one introduces a fancy mechanic that the others don't quite have (Logistics Tests from Only War, the notoriety mechanic from DH2 who's name I cannot remember right now, or Requisition from Deathwatch, for example), but at their core every one of these rulesets is supposed to be cooperative with minimal fenangling.

They all use the same stats, they all use the same base mechanic, they all use weapon and armor lists that cooperate with each other, and their vehicles and talents all for the most part cooperate. For those mechanics that don't work, more recent books have rules for converting certain aspects from other games. I can't speak too much on psyker cooperation, but from what I understand you shouldn't be tweaking too much there, either.

The rules don't all line up perfectly. You'll sometimes find yourself having to houserule or tweak something to make it fit properly. But for the most part it's a pretty stress-free thing to do, and mixing characters can even make for some interesting scenarios. Keep in mind an Astartes is worth about a regular human (from Only War or Dark Heresy, I think Rogue Trader characters are worth more than the base human) plus about 14,000 EXP. But a human with 14,000 EXP will be a bit better than that Astartes since they'll get to focus all of it into advances they want; an Astartes has a lot of that EXP going toward stuff like super-soldier organs that he'll hardly ever use.
>>
>>49743414
How's it going?
>>
>>49750275
Thanks. I was just considering what I would do if everything fucked me over when I was a techpriest. I mean if my very valuable mechadendrite was broken just trying to search a corpse then I would assume the omnisiah was speaking to me. Telling me not to alter tech, for it was his devine will. So I would just cut holes in walls and avoid bothering things the omnisiah wanted a certain way.
>>
so, is Anon who wanted to set up a Play by post RT game is still here ?
>>
>>49750463
I just have a really high-powered rifle.

My GM literally said my gun is pretty much a BAR in something like 8mm Mauser. 'S gotta pack a punch. I don't care if the recoil buffer gets stuck all the time. I don't care if the extractor is unreliable. I don't care if it periodically becomes a repeating straight-pull. It's still my gun.
>>
File: 1467344564487.jpg (146KB, 554x564px) Image search: [Google]
1467344564487.jpg
146KB, 554x564px
How do you build atmosphere for your players? I keep wanting to run a campaign set on a secluded world torn by civil war and the planets capital is about to fall largely due to the corruption of the planet's leadership completely foiling the PDF's ability to fight properly. So while they're slowly losing, the city slowly sinks into depravity and desperation inside the walls, power cuts and resource shortages become common, the streets are full of refugees seeking refuge in the last government bastion, trash and filth piles up in the streets, disease runs rampants, and the natural moisture and heat of the planet just seems to make everything worse, and whenever the music of everybody's last party quiets down, there's the constant sound of distant artillery that only seems to get closer every day.

So, how do I present this scenario to the players in an effective way?

Maybe in the midst of this, they'll send the out to track down space Kurtz and terminate his command by an inquisitor or elements of the imperial guard with a poor grasp of the actual situation on the planet, or alternately they'll be send out to hunt down space Victor Bout the rogue trader. Might be why they're there to begin with.

Alternately, I'll just say fuck it and send them on a wacky adventure to the seas where they'll have to fight sea monsters, freebooterz, necron pirates, eldar corsairs, dark eldar raiders, and some form of spoopy chaos ship. Maybe of they fuck up really bad and need to be bailed out, I could send in pic related to help them.
>>
>>49755869
I'd say it depends heavily on what system you're using and just what reason they're on the planet for.
>>
>>49750743
That is another victim of the combi-weapon nerf.
>>49751463
Face/Connections Guy
Sage/Skill Monkey
Street Sam/Muscle
>optionally
Rigger/Driver
Mage/Psyker
Gearhead/Techpriest
>>
>>49753103
What, where? DH2e rules specifically say the aux gl is "too cumbersome to be reloaded in combat." You roll the acquisition roll again out of combat to reload it with a new grenade.
>>
File: 1475597305060.png (633KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475597305060.png
633KB, 1280x720px
>>49728325
So our local Skitarri / Tech Priest is wanting to make a "warp gun" that fires the power of the warp to kill people in his off time. Should our INQ (purtian) kill him or just keep a eye on him carefully? The INQ is a Ordo Mechium who hates and distrust all tech priest.

Dont want to kill the PC but he wont back down from the building idea. help me?
>>
>>49755948
Prolly DH2, and they'll probably have to investigate some asshole or maybe secure some guy or item.
>>
>>49756301
In almost all the other lines.
My GM allows me to reload it out of combat with a tech use roll, takes a few minutes.
>>
>>49756310

RIP techpriest
>>
>>49756310
That is definitely some Heretek shit. Have the INQ threaten him and if he keeps on, blammo
>>
>>49756310
You may not even need to, any weapon that uses the warp will be highly unstable, and if he made the weapon himself then it will likely be quite ramshackle as well.
>>
Anyone got some good builds for a Sister of Battle in DH2.0?

I spend XP and think I've done it all wrong.
>>
File: 1475482205050.png (491KB, 398x976px) Image search: [Google]
1475482205050.png
491KB, 398x976px
>>49756892
Builds?
Naw, son, we ain't got shit like that for you.
Here is what you do.
You post your shit out, in full, then say what you want to do, and what you want to do in the future, and we help you out.
>>
>>49756892
Depends on what you want. Classic Bolter Bitch or a Hospitalier, or a Diplomat? etc
>>
This is me>>49756310

Thank you>>49756794 >>49756603 >>49756567 for your help. What I had intended to have happen was that our Krieger found out he was a illegal experiment created by the a rouge Inquisitor. The Tech Priest will be blamed for being a hereteck by another part of the Adeptus mech he pissed off earlier this game. Both of them will be arrested and taken before a council of three lord Inquisitors. Our parties seeker has been all session getting ready to betray them to their Inquisitor. My question is:

>How do i not get everybody killed in the process?
>How do i do the court room scene where they two go on trial?
> Ideally i'd like to find them innocent but its hard for me to think of a reason for them to be (well really just the krieger, the TP was set up but doesnt know it)
> Do i go through with the consequences or have a dues ex ready just in case?

>if you ever played it think KOTOR1 trial scene from that old game
>>
>>49756301
Only War, broseph.
>>
>>49756932
I know it's hard, but you need to leave it all up to the rolls.

They have shit fellowship? Time for them to learn that's not just a place to dump a shit roll.

Give +s or -s depending on evidence they can give. Give them logic, knowledge and charm checks. Maybe even have witnesses depending on if anyone likes them or not.

Unless you think it will break your group, go through with it. That said, leave it open for them to break out at the last moment. Give them the opportunity to switch to Black Crusade and run a Heretek for real and a Renegade.
>>
What's a good way to fit a krieger grenadier into DH, I guess since they're loyal as fuck and loyal as hell they could be of good use to inquisitors
>>
>>49757592
My party has a krieger grenadier. Just play them as guardsmen
>>
>>49754455
>Shouldn't be tweaking too much
Unless if you use 1e with literally any other line.

Really, 1e should just be considered for it's setting and equipment and discard everything else. Hell, Accurate in 1e only gave a +10 on aiming without the 'up to 2d10 extra' clause every other line has. That part was added in an errata.
>>
>>49757623
That's why you use 2e, Anon.
>>
>>49756917

I would post it but there's a spending limit

>>49756918

We're a RT crew porting over (except my char is new), so I'm not really sure.

We've got an RT, an Explorator, a Void-Master, a Missionary and me.

My Spread, Influence = PF:
>>
>>49732571
If you want to be sneaky in the shadows, it is worth noting that Black Crusade specifically does not have the '-30 to Stealth' clause for armor 7 AP and above so you'd only suffer a -10 due to being Size (5).
>>
Where's a good place to find Black Crusade homebrew?
>>
>>49728325
r8 the lore of my sues, /40krpg/.
>>
How comfy are Garden worlds? On a scale of 1 to very comfy.

And roughly how likely is it that any one garden world is an eldar maiden world?
>>
File: 1474333279619.jpg (133KB, 900x570px) Image search: [Google]
1474333279619.jpg
133KB, 900x570px
>>49757825
>60s

u wot

Post base stats and the xp you're starting out with, then notate how much you've spent to boost them
>>
>>49757825
Anon, there is a lot of shit you aren't saying, so you need to actually give us information.
You have a bunch of numbers, and we just now found out you are playing RT.
Stop being miserly with information when you ask for help.
Are you using Faith and Coin? Blood of Martyrs? The DH2e Sororitas package?
>>
>blood angel descendant fails acrobatics check and gets stuck in a shaft
>reroll fails, now he's stuck for good
>fellow squad member who has a beef with him starts jumping on his head to "help him out"
>techmarine tries to yank him out using his servo arm from below
>this keeps going for a while
>few failed checks later
>a section of floor is ripped out, freeing the marine
>BA stands up, calmly adjusts his helmet and brushes off debris and dust from his armour
>"we'll never speak of this again"
My group combines spite, RP, tacticool, shonen manga and derpy comedy gold somehow
>>
My GM is getting us into Only war and so far we're having a blast with our all tech priest party but I'm a little dissatisfied with the unbalanced quality of their specialist melee weapons. Is there any talent or modification I can make to remove it or am I going to need to requisition a different weapon?
>>
>>49758405
No.

Hammer of the Emperor variant pattern rules.
>>
>>49758061
>>49758230

We switched from RT to DH2:

http://pastebin.com/raw/S963tKK5

Though my character is new.
>>
>>49755514
Broken Mechadendrite anon here

I have taken your advice to heart

After some time spent shellshocked and walking around crying about how the poor mechadendrite dindu nuffin wrong, its machine spirit was a good boi my Techpriest came to the realization that all Machine Spirits are truly holy and must be protected from being damaged and altered.

So far it has been met with head scratches and amusement, as well as a near tpk.
>>
Tell me about your groups Inquisitor /tg/
>>
>>49759883
She has prominent burn scars around her eye sockets, and two red augmetics. There's several theories as to how she lost her original pair, and nobody knows (or wants to find out) whether either eye is Baleful.
>>
>>49760105
What if both are and she has Two-Weapon Wielder (Ranged)?
>>
Someone please help me understand this rule from OW:
>It is possible for a character to gain an Aptitude twice—once from his regiment, and once from his Speciality—if this happens, he selects any one additional Aptitude that shares its name with a Characteristic

Where do I find the list that lets me know which aptitude shares what characteristic?
>>
If a character is equipped with an optical mechadendrite and it blinded via crit effect, failing against a photon flash, etc. would they be blinded but essentially ignore the condition or would they suffer the full effect of the condition?
>>
File: 00172-1.jpg (63KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
00172-1.jpg
63KB, 640x360px
For some stupid fucking reason, I suddenly got the idea of basing a voidborn techpriest or some such on the humanized version of GLaDOS, a lot of them looking something like this.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether I should dump social stats or not, I mean she spends most of the game being a condescending wise ass when she's not just talking straight shit, is if that's just how she thinks she supposed to deal with people, but she seems plenty capable of lies and intimidation.
>>
>>49760254
Gee, maybe it is further in the book. Perhaps even right on the next page.
>>
>>49760254
It means that instead of the duplicate aptitude you get your choice of any of the characteristic aptitudes. WS, BS, STR, INT, FEL, etc.
>>
>>49760176
>double baleful eye
>two weapon wielder (ranged) and all those other jazzy talents
>forearm weapon mountings on top of that
>fuck it, mutant with unnatural arms too
>shit loads of ballistic mechadendrites
>>
>>49760329
Next page is cadian shock troops
>>49760339
Oh, I was kind of led astray since I thought the aptitude had to share its name with a specific characteristic. So even if I get two Willpower aptitudes I can take my choice of any characteristic like int.

Actually now I get it and feel stupid.So if I get duplcate skill aptitudes I can get any skill, and if I get duplicate aptitude 2's (general,fieldcraft,social) then I can pick any choice of those.
>>
>>49760458
Nope, you're still wrong. If you get ANY duplicates, you replace it with a Characteristic Aptitude.
>>
>>49728325
What slow descent? I'm scared now.
>>
>>49760491
Makes sense, I guess I overcomplicated the wording and tried looking for some sort of table to venn diagram things.
>>
>>49760537

Line is ded and nobody made the thread for a full day.
>>
>>49760589
And you really should read the book further before asking questions.
>>
>>49760684
>Has difficulty understanding the wording of one specific ruling
>Should read the rest of the book to understand it
>>
>>49760770
Yes. Even on that page, it says where to read for further details.

So in summary, read the book.
>>
>>49760793
Righto friendo, why don't you show me the part where it clarifies it?
>>
File: Read.png (161KB, 498x208px) Image search: [Google]
Read.png
161KB, 498x208px
>>49760873
>>
>>49760941
>Its not there
Sure is comprehension in here
>>
File: Are you blind or retarded.png (586KB, 550x742px) Image search: [Google]
Are you blind or retarded.png
586KB, 550x742px
>>49760974
Sure is handholding in here.
>>
>>49761018
Once again he fails to understand the problem
>>
>>49759833
Oh gods yes. I am glad I could be helpful, could I get you to tell me about the almost TPK?
>>
>>49757844
I'm surprised, you guys are usually so quick to jump on a homebrew.

I hope it's not that bad.
>>
>>49730299
They stated up Angron before anon, and Magnus isn't that much stronger than any other daemon prince in the fluff.
>>
>>49760176
All the more reason for us to stay on her good side. She's an Inquisitor, though. I'm sure that if she was really that disappointed in us, she has methods and resources far more convenient and impersonal than eye lasers.
>>
>>49761549
Locking you guys in a small building with murder servitors?
>>
>>49761479
It's a lot of words. I'll tell you how much I think it sucks after I get out of work.
>>
>>49761608
Appreciate the candor, anon.
>>
File: 1384419233990.jpg (168KB, 482x482px) Image search: [Google]
1384419233990.jpg
168KB, 482x482px
>feral world gives toughness and toughness aptitude
>mechanicus background giving cheap cybernetics
>desperado giving agility, BS, defence, fellowship and finesse aptitudes
>good 2 or 3 influence bonus
>bionic heart and subskin armour
>guard flak armour on top of those two if 3 inf bonus
>likely high toughness from get go
>6 on arms and legs, 7 on body, regular on head, then add easily attained 4+ toughness bonus
>cheap toughness, agility, dodge and related defensive talents for staying alive
>cheap BS too for fighting back

Alternately, grap frontier world home world and trade the double BS for toughness and avoid the influence penalty, although, the base toughness will probably not be as rad, but that shit's all dice anyway.
>>
>>49757844
Your bird people need more feathers adorning stuff. Remember, a world is responsible for the arms and armors of its own IG tithe, for the most part.
>>
>>49761921
>bird people with feathers on stuff
That's a good idea, I'll add that on. Simple one or two sentences that add a lot of flavor.
>>
>>49757844
>airborn
>but also injuns

Bruh
>>
File: 1343703143771.jpg (2MB, 3466x2776px) Image search: [Google]
1343703143771.jpg
2MB, 3466x2776px
>>49762143
Believe it or not, that was the exact picture that first inspired me.
>>
>>49757844
For the curious, here's the whole thing, rules included.
>>
>>49762159
I can believe it, for a while it made me wanna build a small army of Cadian looking drop troopers with warpaint, a few Catachan heads with mohawks and lots of las carbines with vendettas painted olive drap with the black and white stripes on like the C-47s used during operations like Overlord.

But I already happened to have 'Nam aircav guard with more fliers than any of my friends care for.
>>
>>49762269
It started off just wanting to emulate the aesthetic, but it evolved from there because of my own experience with the Native cultures.

I'm a hapa living in the PNW and my wife is a native Salish girl. I went a bit "dances with wolves," and she did the same for my own culture.
>>
>>49762318
At the risk of sounding like a total fag, that's kinda cute.
>>
>>49762318
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Medicine_Crow Are you familiar with this guy and his exploits? He's only vaguely relevant, but he was the first RL dude to come to mind.
>>
>>49762470
I'm familiar. He's a badass. Completed all the ways to be a war chief while in one of the largest wars in human history.
>>
>>49760306
Well, Intimidation can be based on WP or Strength for what it's worth.
>>
>>49761196
It's kind of complex.

We're currently investigating a cursed Monastery that popped up sidequest style after we were shot down during a landing on a planet that was being attacked by Orks. We crashed behind enemy lines and have been escaping. We ended up finding a Priest that had been investigating this fucked up place. It's excessively shady, but sitting on a shortcut over a mountain range and the Orks are now chasing us after we raided some of their war parties for supplies and hijacked vehicles.

So basically, fucking puzzles I hate fucking puzzles. One of which involved repairing those robots from earlier. So we get to this puzzle, and the Techpriest finds a suit of power armor standing in a room. Empty, just standing there for no observable reason, doesn't look corrupted (aside from standing). But apparently it looks like it is archeotech, so instant boner from techpriest. Comes in and, starts examining it, saying rituals and whatnotACTIVATE ZE TRAP

So the room goes trash compactor mode. Levers appear all over, and when pulled keys start to rain from the ceiling that could fit either of the doors. Pull another lever and they start blasting hallucinogenic gas into the chamber (Everyone resists it, but it stops anyone from pulling more levers). Techpriest immediately goes to work on the doors despite their huge boner over the armor, but the keys don't work. So the soldiers attack the armor. Turns out the Armor was animated by warp fuckery and had a power sword. It proceeded to skewer the sniper, who had been trying a door behind it. Just straight up gutted her into critical damage tables gutslash. Then turned on the melee guy and nearly killed him.
>>
>>49762680

Meanwhile, techpriest (DESPAIR BUT ALSO AN ERECTION mode) is trying to get a key to work with the doors spoiler they don't work and refuses to bash at the doors because muh machine spirits. Stabilizes the sniper and, as the melee is screaming for his fucking life finally goes to shoot the armor... and misses completely. Melee guy nearly gets gutted as well. Finally the priest kamikazes in and saves our sorry asses but it doesn't do anything because it's just possessed armor, so it gets back up after it dies and the walls are closing in, but it doesn't chase us as we go across the room and wait for death. it turns out the solution to the puzzle was to just accept death instead of panicking and getting gutted by the armor, but the whole thing was apparently avoidable

I hate puzzles
>>
>>49755143
Poorly, internet's been on and off all day today and I did not have a great night yesterday. I've got all the weapons except for the Orks, Necrons, Kroot, and the unique aliens devices done already. Might just share the google doc before I get to bed tonight.
>>
>>49757844
>>49762143
>>49762159
Aren't the Dark Angels Space Injuns? IIRC that's the culture of one of the worlds they recruit from.
>>
>>49762698
They're space Jewknights. Their names are Hebrew. The space Injun thing they have is because the Deathwing sometimes likes to wear feathers and the like on their armor.
>>
File: IMG_3043.jpg (75KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3043.jpg
75KB, 650x650px
I have an idea.

For my next campaign, I'll have my players be feudal world Guardsmen tasked with fighting heretics and mutants on their homeworld of Sisk.

Current restrictions for the regiment are:
Home World: Feudal World
Training Doctrine: Rough Riders Regiment OR Close Assault Regiment

Dunno about the rest, but what do you all think? Only problem is coming up with plot points and hooks, as I'm an inexperienced GM. I don't feel like a good one either, I keep tripping over my tongue whenever we play.
>>
>>49762698
>>49762741
More of the Deathwing space Injun stuff comes from how one of the most prominent stories they tell new members as part of their progress into the Inner Circle is about the Two-Heads-Talking; this is an in-universe myth and allegory to the lose of Caliban.

It claims they originally painted their armor with ash (hence the Deathwing having their unique color), and according to my DA-main buddy the Inner Circle is fond of using stories like this to slowly teach prospective members about the Fallen and their other MANY SECRETS without actually telling them anything.
>>
>>49762765
What's their culture like? What kind of feudal world?
>>
>>49762690
Puzzles are ok. Anything of the 'designed to be solved by not being solved' variety are straight up time wasters while the GM jerks themselves off.
>>
File: deathwing.jpg (59KB, 355x551px) Image search: [Google]
deathwing.jpg
59KB, 355x551px
>>49762242
Dig it. Not a lot to criticize, honestly. Fluff wise, they don't seem too super speshul donut steel, their specialty makes a decent amount of sense and they have defined weaknesses.

I like the Native influences on their fluff, I think it has a distinct presence without going too far overboard. Reminds me of the good ol' days when Dark Angels were both Arthurian Knights *and* plains natives.

I guess the only reservation I might have is the Governor literally ordering the preservation of the Kroot/Orks. Orks are such a fucking pain in the ass that even thorough extermination campaigns usually leave a few scattered communities in the wild, it might make more sense if it's simply
impossible to hunt them all down and the Imperium recognizes the usefulness of their presence. But honestly, the idea of the regiment cutting their teeth on Xeno-purging missions makes sense for an elite unit.
Also, if I'm reading that right they have a 5 year training period, which seems like kind of a long time. Modern infantry takes only about a year to go from raw recruit to combat deployable, and that's in peace time when things are going slower.
>>
>>49728325
>Magnus the Red, Daemon Primarch now takes to the battlefield in 40k. Do you think your team can take him down? If it has stats, it can die, after all...
Throw enough guardsmen at him and maybe. Really the win condition for my players would be to politically maneuver themselves into another war-zone on the other side of the sector ahead of time.
>>
>>49762801
Heck if I know, I just thought about the idea a minute before posting.

Sisk is in the Core book, has a relatively high amount of mutants and mutations, the people live in fortress-cities, and every once in a while, regiments are called in to help cull the mutant population and sometimes go on witch-hunts for mutant psykers. Sisk is likely going to draft it's first regiment, as Waaagh! Grimtoof is heading towards it and will likely invade soon. The planetary governor lives in a space mansion, while the Adeptus and Guard regiments and other officials live in orbiting space stations. The planet is covered in bogs, moors, and forests.

Maybe have the players either be part of the first regiment who's first mission is to hunt down the 'cursed' and the 'witch' who leads them? Or have it be a regular regiment going on a mutant purge that ends up turning into a witch-hunt and/or stamping out heresy?
>>
How do I make plasma weapons at least decent in DH 2e? Hellguns are easier to get and have (cant remember off the top of my head) either damn near the same penetration or better for just a bit less damage while being far more available. Bolters blow them out of the water at the same rarity and have specialty ammo going for them.
>>
>>49762937
By realizing that the Maximal quality isn't there for looks. 2d10+7 pen 8 can threaten a space marine.
>>
>>49762874
Thanks for the ideas and comments.

As far as Colonel Volquin's decision, it was supposed to match together with the regiment's "maverick," leadership style. I didn't do a good enough job of stating it, but modern Cascadian commanders try to emulate Volquin's devil-may-care attitude. You're right that leaving the orks there might be a bad idea, but thinking about it now I'm tempted to keep that filed away as a potential adventure; a call-back to the planet to fight a wildly-growing ork populace. Maybe expose the players a bit more to their home culture.

You were reading it right in terms of one tithe per five years. I'm aware of the one year idea, but they way I figured it these guys are fighting things we've never had to think about dealing with before, the planet doesn't actually hold a large enough population to allow for a tithe to be sent out every year, the things like the accompanying Valkyries, Vultures, and Vendettas need to be built, and these troops are literally their only tithe to the Imperium. I suppose one could also argue that's not really one regiment per five years, but closer to one division or brigade per five years.

With those things in mind I didn't think it too unfair to think that they would go from "take the best of the PDF volunteers," to "take another four or five years to make sure we have them trained to the best standard we can manage and make sure all their birds and kit are built, tested, and ready."

It's certainly a bit over-the-top as far as that goes, yeah. I'm personally willing to stand by it all things considered, but I can see how it's a valid criticism. I appreciate the thoughts.
>>
>>49762937
>ignores maximal
>ignores how bolter specialty ammo is harder to get than plasma ammo
>>
>>49762917
Could be good. I suppose now you just have to ask whether you want to use assault infantry or rough riders and have the extra kit be added appropriately.

If I may make a suggestion? Try both. Use rough riders to start to get the mounts, and then use your kit options to make it so they're less hard-chargers and more mounted-infantry that act as scouts, flankers, OR hard-chargers.

I'd suggest the chapter on the cossack armored cavalry from Iron Cavalry by Ralph Zumbro. It's a good read and might give you a few ideas.
>>
>>49762998
Technically speaking, tox rounds are actually a step easier to get than standard bolter rounds and inferno rounds are the same rarity as regular bolts.
>>
>>49763073
Thanks mate!

>Use rough riders to start to get the mounts, and then use your kit options to make it so they're less hard-chargers and more mounted-infantry that act as scouts, flankers, OR hard-chargers.
I think I understand, anon! Thanks. I was undecided between the two, as Close Assault Regiments get to choose from Shotgun, Great Weapon, or two one-handed weapons, like a sword and shield for example, which is why I thought it appropriate for a Feudal World, as well as the fluff for it stating that Close Assault regiments are usually Feudal or Primitive worlders.

Rough Riders because it's obvious.

>I'd suggest the chapter on the cossack armored cavalry from Iron Cavalry by Ralph Zumbro. It's a good read and might give you a few ideas.
I'm going to be honest, I have never heard of this. Is it something I could find in a library, or is it posted online?
>>
>>49763147
For the first point, I'd suggest reading up in general on Napoleonic dragoons, and use your imagination (and this article to start https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalry_mechanized_group) to fill in some of the blanks on using it with modern kit.

As far as the Cossack's chapter from Iron Cavalry goes, it's a history book written by a veteran who wanted to add a bit of flavor to what could otherwise have been dry reading. First couple of chapters are written as prose, and then he moves on to ACTUAL history.

I'll see if I can get an excerpt of it for you, as I don't have a digital copy of the book on-hand.
>>
>>49763178
Thanks mate! I'll be going to sleep now, will return later.
>>
>>49763147
>>49763178
I can't seem to find an online excerpt, but I did find out that you can buy a physical copy of the book for $0.01 on Amazon. You're only really paying the shipping cost.

I suggest it, it's a very good read. And the chapter on Cossacks in particular is going to be helpful to you (and anyone else who wants to run rough riders, honestly).
>>
>>49762741
They're far more Catholic in nature than any other religion. Hebrew is the original language of both the Torah and the Bible, the names stayed constant.

>>49762790
Your DA buddy is right, the main deathwing banner supposedly represents 2 heads talking destroying the genestealer infestation, but it does so very symbolically and could easily represent say, the destruction of Caliban.
>>
>>49754430
I used one for a warforged but then my mic crapped out and my replacement has shifty quality enough before I add effects.

Was fun while it lasted though. Also it took me longer to set up than it took me to get that character killed so if you're as ignorant as I was of audio alteration then be sure you feel like making the effort. Honestly might be easier to find one of those toy darth vader voice machines or whatever the kids have these days.
>>
>>49762690
That sounds like a crappy puzzle. Thanks for a full storytime though! As an offer back, perhaps slowly ranp up your new insanity? Start with not tampering with machine spirits, raise it to screaming at people who tamper with machine spirits. At that point you need the cutting torch as a reasonable alternative though. I haven't played Dark Heresy yet, but I assume you can get some sort of metal cutting torch or laser.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 620x350px
>>49754379 and especially >>49754455 thanks for the information.

S-s-so is it possible to play this game solo?
>>
>>49763556
As in by yourself or 1 player and 1 GM? If the former, just masturbate, if the latter, just have sex/phone sex/webcam sex/whatever.
>>
>>49763556
>solo
No tears. Only dreams now.
>>
>>49762834
This. Your DM continues to sound like a completely inept shitter.
>>
>>49762790
Yeah. At one time Two-Heads-Talking's story was actually true in the fluff, just a significant event in the history of the Deathwing. I liked that a little better.
Out of curiosity, why does the Deathwing *really* have their unique armor and feathers now?
>>
>>49728325

So big red vs a commisariate cowboy, a cyborgnettically ressourected clerric now made robo-cop, a docter, and a cowardly tech-priest.

God we would have to come up with some weird shit to figure out how they survive when they all burn their (last) fate points.
>>
>>49763525
That cutting torch is called a Meltagun. Haven't found a problem yet one won't solve, so long as said problem doesn't involve demons.
>>
>>49758348
Does seem pretty gold but isn't falling the easiest way to die in DW?
>>
>>49764312
Or you can just throw some mooks at him to distract him while someone sneaks around to shank him with a power stake. A Sanctified Power Sword that does an extra 1d10 points of damage to the target for each point of Psy Rating they possess.

Given the enormous Psy Rating he doubtlessly has, all you'd probably need to do is land one or two hits, and he's done for.
>>
I'm getting into Rogue Trader and I would love to hear of your exploits to inspire me. What kind of worlds have you crafted or visited? What alien races have you encountered?
>>
>>49762695
Sure if you share it people can help you too
>>
>>49762690
My question is why you are still playing when all of this sounds absolutely awful?

Puzzle where you just accept death? The fuck kind sick shit is that?
>>
>The only way to get the cheapest willpower advance is by being a psyker
Why must they be so strict?
>>
>>49766808
You could also just take the Adeptus Astra Telepathica background without taking the Psyker advance, just to get the Psyker aptitude.
>>
>>49767130
I'd rather not give the witch hunters an excuse to fuck with me.
>>
>>49767150
Why would they fuck with you? You're a loyal servant to the Imperium, a warrior charged with guarding the Psykers who have been to Holy Terra to become Sanctioned. ;)
>>
>>49767197
The psyker in my group is the same but he gets the witch hunters up his ass every chance they get.
>>
>>49767207
Having the Psyker aptitude =/= being a psyker
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.