[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D 5th Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 31

File: david-benzal-batlle-sam.jpg (279KB, 1417x789px) Image search: [Google]
david-benzal-batlle-sam.jpg
279KB, 1417x789px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>/tg/ character sheets
https://mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

> Encounter Building - Unearthed Arcana | October 2016
http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/Encounter_Building.pdf

Previously on 5th Edition General >>49720003

Thread Question:
What additions would you like to see to the Armor/Weapons/Adventuring Gear list?
-OR-
What is a character build (official or homebrew) that you have not yet had the opportunity to play but would like to?
>>
I would love to play a sort of scavenger character: someone that can construct makeshift weapons and armor and is proficient with improvised weapons and such.
>>
>What is a character build (official or homebrew) that you have not yet had the opportunity to play but would like to?

Variant Human Gunslinger Fighter with the Sharpshooter feat.

Most probably using Matt Mercer's homebrew which is decent.
>>
>>49725297
>What is a character build (official or homebrew) that you have not yet had the opportunity to play but would like to?

A redneck Necromancer from a dirty, dank swamp. With some sort of weird swampy familiar and "Farmhands" to assist him.
>>
So I want a magic bow for my ranger, and my DM said it ok and will make a quest for it.

but since there is a limited choice for bows he would allow me to homebrew it as long as it is reasonable.

I want to have the bow based on Ichaival:
which wiki describe as, a bow possessed by Odin. It possessed the power of each pull of just one arrow will release ten arrows.

Having a arrow do 10d6 or 8 is kinda Overkill and boring , how would to making it a bit more interesting

I am using the revised ranger for my character is kinda based on monhun in term of favor enemies
>>
>>49725297
>Thread Question:
>What additions would you like to see to the Armor/Weapons/Adventuring Gear list?
>-OR-
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1tXbA6HjNyN
>>
>>49725273
As part of an attack? what a coincidence, just like weapons...but somehow you can only do it once with weapons, but as many as you want with arrows (9 for example).
>>
>>49725297
Are there any builds that allow a fighter to actually utilize magic to augment their fighting abilities? Outside of shield it feels like the magic eldritch knights get lead to an either or issue (magic or fighting) or the magic is just tacked on (sword dude with magical explosions). Is there any build that would allow you to use your magic to hit harder or more accurately or something without sacrificing the number of attacks?
>>
File: 7a.jpg (47KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
7a.jpg
47KB, 500x386px
>>49725297
One of my previous caster characters, due to a rather odd combination of useless "fluff over crunch" abilities I picked and poorly balanced homerules, was actually more dangerous while absolutely naked, with no spell foci or spellbooks, to himself and everyone around him, than fully armed and equipped, but I never really fully utilized the opportunity.
>>
>>49725415
Once per day make an attack on all enemies within line of sight.
>>
>>49725415
You can cast swift quiver once per day.
>>
>>49725415
What level are you?
What should the bow's rarity be?
>>
File: 1476128155235.webm (887KB, 238x424px) Image search: [Google]
1476128155235.webm
887KB, 238x424px
>>
>>49725297
Generally cloth materials that can serve as light armour replacement giving a flat +1 or +2 to AC etc.
Shapeshifting weapons.
Herbal pills that serve for water purification, freshening up, creating a stinking trap.
Wire traps.
Explosives.
Individual armour pieces I.e. leg armour, breastplate/breadtpiece/jacket/tabard/chain shirt, headpiece basically gear slots.
Storage options beyond bags of holding like spatial rings (xianxia trope I know) but with less space.
More throwing weapons.
>>
>>49725475
How and why?
>>
>>49725297
What additions would you like to see to the Armor/Weapons/Adventuring Gear list?

What is needed in this edition is the following:

Three Section Staff

Butterfly Swords

Chicken Sickles

Emeici

Guandao

Meteor Hammer

Monk Spade

Wind and fire wheels
>>
>>49725491
just reached level seven, between V rare- legendary
>>49725490
I mean i will get the spell at some point so would it be good, it is the first time I play ranger so i dont know how good the spell is
>>49725482
not bad
>>
>>49725525
Why those weapons can't be represented with what we already have?
>>
>>49725415
You can cast "Ice knife" as a lvl 1 spell instead of shooting an arrow with the bow Wis mod times per long rest.
>>
File: Ships.jpg (2MB, 1998x1483px) Image search: [Google]
Ships.jpg
2MB, 1998x1483px
Hey, boyos, how do you all do naval battles in your games? Wargame-like level of depth, theater of the mind narrative, or somewhere in between?

I'm looking for a way to implement this in my campaign. The tech level is Age of Sail, by the way.
>>
>>49725578
Because I need official art for muh chinese rip off campaign
>>
>>49725447
Play a bard and spend your first magical secrets on Hex.
>>
>>49725625
>Arrows don't constitute objects when interest the devs so it's ok, not a nonsense at all
Go back to 3.PF if you love nonsense rules for the sake of nerfing already weak options, anon.
>>
>>49725435
>>49725643
“Drawing the ammunition from a quiver, case, or other container is part of the attack.” The sentence tells us two important things. First, you’re assumed to be drawing—that is, extracting with your hand—the ammunition from a container. Second, the act of drawing the ammunition is included in the attack and therefore doesn’t require its own action and doesn’t use up your free interaction with an object on your turn"

>>49725378
"On your turn, you can interact with one object for free, either during your move or during an action (PH, 190). One of the most common object interactions is drawing or stowing a weapon. Interacting with a second object on the same turn requires an action. You need a feature like the Dual Wielder feat to draw or stow a second weapon for free."

You're welcome autismo-kuns
>>
File: thehorror.gif (2MB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
thehorror.gif
2MB, 300x170px
>finished Princes of the Apocalypse, DM says it's time for a new campaign
>tells us to hold on to our old characters
>our benefactor hooks us up with a crazy-ass wizard friend of his who desparately needs some help
>wizard takes us and a slew of NPC mercenary and adventuring types to a portal circle and we all step through
>somewhere in a sun-drenched field, big river running past some hills in the distance, forest off to the side, distant mountain peak, pretty as a picture
>everyone's ooh-ing and aah-ing
>Perception check to hear the rustling of whole trees breaking in the woods nearby
>everyone looks over after the Rogue and some of the NPCs draw our attention
>a 30 foot tall squid walking upright on three of its tentacles crashes out of the treeline
>Wizard: WELCOME... TO ABERRANT PARK
>DM starts whistling http://vocaroo.com/i/s0O0RIn1e2Pf or something
>ofw
>>
>>49725643
When you're pointed to the official rulings and the first thing you shout is "Go back to 3.PF" when the question in point is so mind-numbingly simple, maybe you just have to concede the fact that you lack even the basic mental capacity to run or be a part of a game as simple as 5e.
>>
>>49725659
I'm just joining this argument and have no intention of reading back to see what's going on but we can all at least agree that needing Dual Wielder to equip both your melee weapons at once is retarded, right?
>>
How much of a dick move is it considered to kill a fellow player out of the blue ? Wether it's funny or not, it recently happened to me, literally out of the blue, and I spent a whole session dead.
>>
>>49725586
Somewhere in between; I took some of the lessons from Stormwrack and used them. Eventually, it all comes down to boarding actions.
>>
>>49725737
Level 9 Dick
For reference, level 10 Dick is killing someone out of the blue and raising them as your undead servitor as you immediately switch sides to join the BBEG and attack the rest of the party
>>
>>49725734
But you don't though? Anybody can dual-wield as long as it's two light weapons.

What I do find somewhat annoying is that the Dual-Wielder feat doesn't allow you to add your ability modifier to damage rolls on the second hit.
>>
>>49725723
maybe you should follow the conversation, we already know that the rules are that, what I, and at least another two anons, are complaining is the stupidity of them in some cases, for example now. Bringing the rules everytime is literally a non sequitur in this case, the argument is that following blindly the rules is a case of bad GMing.
>>
>>49725775
Anyone can dual wield, it just takes them two turns to actually get to using their bonus attack since they can only pull one of their weapons out at the first sign of combat.

The Barbarian has no trouble yanking a giant greataxe off his back, but your Rogue has to choose between always walking around with a dagger or rapier in-hand, taking a feat, or accepting the fact that his first round of combat will always involve only making one attack.

>captcha involves drawing parallelograms around street signs
what the fuck google
>>
>>49725775
But you do though? if not it takes a fucking turn to draw two daggers, for example, when archers can draw like 9 arrows (or crossbow bolts). It's nonsensical
>>
>>49725737
That's called Homicide, it's one of the most illegal crimes there is.
>>
>want to play an EK / Monk
>there's a Rogue in my party
>feeling real compelled to switch to Battlemaster / Monk for Commander's Striking him
>>
>>49725666
That sounds freaking amazing.
>>
>>49725824
>>want to play an EK / Monk
Why? do you want to suck?
>>
>>49725771
I mean, it did make it so the whole camapaign ended later on, so I guess it was plenty dickish.
>>49725822
Oh you.
>>
>>49725415
>tailor-made for the party magic items that the party just so happens to find
Bleh

Snazzy features like arrows that shove, or attacking favoured enemies around corners, or firing grapple hooks that draw you in instantly, letnig you grapple-fly around.
I don't know, something interesting rather than 'you get more attacks and do more damage and hit more people!'
>>
>>49725737
So you got better?
>>
>>49725415
Why not a free conjure barrage once per day?
>>
>>49725778
Sure, you're more than welcome to lament over the rulings and hold that opinion, but I just have issue with those who say that following weapon draw limitations is "micromanaging" or "literally terrible" when RAW and RAI make it abundantly clear that it SHOULD be upheld.
>>
>>49725805
Jesus christ, at it again with the 9 arrow BS? I'll just refer you back to here >>49725659
>>
>>49725869
>when RAW and RAI make it abundantly clear that it SHOULD be upheld.
Why though? tell me an example on where drawing many weapons per turn is going to break the game. If only it improves already weak options
>>
>>49725297
>http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/Encounter_Building.pdf

This document is telling me that a single CR 2 monster would be a "satisfying but difficult battle" for five or six level 1 PCs.
>>
>>49725891
>Still pointing at the rules like they mean something
Let me repeat it for you
9 objects in 6 seconds, no need of feat
2 objects and only 2 in 6 seconds, you need a feat
Somehow one kind of object is different than the other kind for some reason still not explained, balance isn't that's for sure
>>
>>49725891
>Conversation about allegedly unfair rules
>Still quotes the rules
You aren't the brightest, are you?
>>
>>49725922
According to kobold's encounter building, that is rated as a hard encounter so it seems to match. Why do you ask?
>>
anyone watching baseball now? mother is watching dr phil and i cant watch the game, i need an update
>>
>>49725985
Google the game dipshit
>>
>>49725482
Should be worded as
>once per day make an attack against up to ten enemies within range that you can see, roll separately for each attack.
Because you shouldn't be able to fire at 50 enemies if they just happen to be jammed in a room together.
>>
>>49725940
>balance isn't that's for sure
But it's, imagine someone throwing spears around like they were arrows they deal 1d6!, we can't have that.
>>
What would be the average gold fpr starting at level 16?
>>
>>49725922
A CR2 can probably put the serious hurt on the PCs with it's basic attacks, it might have some Save or get fucked ability or a cheap shot power, and they will all have to spend some resources to chew off it's HP.
It's not a perfect science but it's also not too off the mark.
>>
>>49725958
The conversation started with autismo kuns suggesting that DMs who follow the rules are "micromanaging" and "literally terrible". But then again, you have less mental capacity than a goldfish so I wouldn't expect you to remember that. Also >>49725869

>>49725940
>"Some reason still not explained".

Guess my job today is special needs tutor. Yes, I'm glad you'vee finally come to the realization that arrows are inherently different to melee weapons and that trained archers could shoot you down before you could even unsheathe a second weapon.
>>
>>49725839
>sword and board tank in full plate who can Shield himself, Dodge or Disengage as a bonus action, negate fireballs, Silence enemy groups, stealth via Pass Without Trace and teleportation, stuns on hit, arrow re/deflection, run up walls, jump 30 (or 60) feet, float, yell at people psychically, manipulate distant objects, not a wet noodle if somehow deprived of arms and armor, force all abberants/celestials/elementals/fey/fiends/undead to attack you at disadvantage, sculpt the landscape to create earthen barriers without end, and either have a pet familiar or detect magic all day
idk anon
It's not like I really need Flurry of Blows or bonus movement speed
>>
I have a character concept that I need a little help with guys.

I want to play a GOO Warlock. Instead of a patron, he would be part of a hive mind. I'm thinking maybe it's a young and growing hive mind, with only a few members (a reflavor of the knight's Retainers feature) but my other idea is that it's a person that joined a hive mind that's already pretty powerful, in which case he would maybe retain some of himself from before he joined the hive mind (Still refers to himself as "we" and such, but has personal opinions that aren't tied to the rest of the hive).

Which should I go with? And what Boon? Any other advice for how I can go about this?
>>
>>49726021
>he answered me seriously
>>
>>49725940
>9 objects in 6 seconds, no need of feat
You mean the crossbow expert feat, which you need to get out 9 shots in a round with AND action surge? So really we're talking about 4 per round, the number of arrows a level 20 fighter- the demigod like human/elf pinnacle of archery- is pulling on a regular basis.
>>
>>49726039
Man, that scale never occurred to me, I have only ever seen a maximum of like 8 enemies in any given fight.

Have 50 monsters in one fight might as well be a cutscene.
>>
If you are going to have two weapons and fight with both of them, just take the feat. Better yet take the fighting style too. Just take both of them together. Why would you ever take one and not the other?
>>
>>49725824
EK / Monk

That's about as bad as MCing with monks gets.

Battlemaster is good on monks, grab spear mastery as well and enjoy attacking from 15 ft away with lunge+spear master bonus action.
>>
>>49726080
Then why monk? do you want to suck? monk doesn't mix well, if you hold weapons or wear armor/shiled you lose martial arts, monk AC and monk speed

Srly, what do you try to accomplish?

>>49726071
>I've seen movies, I know that archers fire tons of arrows in mere attoseconds
>>
>>49726139
swashbuckling rog
>>
>>49726139
Because dual wielding sucks to begin with and doesn't need a feat tax
>>
>>49726125
>>49725940

Jeez anon, stop blatantly undermining his strawman. Can't you see he's trying to whine about how his speshal snowflek can't bust out multiple weapons because of the evil archery/crossbow-men
>>
>>49726125
Yet that same demigod can't fucking draw two daggers without a feat, and 3 is literally beyond his realm of thought. Divinity is a bitch
>>
>>49725922
Check the monsters attacks first yo.
You might be able to one shot some of them if you're not careful.
I find in the beginning it's better to have them fight a few really weak monsters. The most common is usually goblins. But you can easily re-flavor those as really shitty bandits too.
>>
>>49726127
It was just a number I tossed out. I think the most I've ever thrown at my players was 20 because they were getting overrun by goblins, and it was like a wave type ordeal.

But there's a reason there are specifics that should be placed, just to keep PCs from cheesing shit. And believe me, they will try.
>>
>>49726150
I just explained why? Don't need Monk AC because I have armor and a shield, don't need Martial Arts because hitting things with a sword is about as good as long as you're not spending Ki, and Monk Speed isn't exactly a make-or-break issue; if I need to get somewhere fast, bonus action Dash (or Shadow Step when applicable) works just fine.

And I'm only taking four levels of EK. It's there to add defense and utility based on the very fluffy concept, not nuking potential. The one Evocation spell I'd care about does double duty as battlefield control regardless of the outcome of enemy saves.
>>
The more I read these 5e generals nitpicking and trying to rationalize these arbitrary Hasbro numbers, the more I'm glad that I just handwave everything and let the players try to make skill checks to do whatever they think would be cool.

There's "trusting the rules to provide fun" and then theres "realizing the rules are asspulls to begin with" and just replacing them with what I think would be more fun.
>>
>>49726230
>>49726127
If you're doing mass combat or armies you could easily end up shooting thousands of people with one action
>>
File: 1468239023028.jpg (17KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
1468239023028.jpg
17KB, 680x383px
>>49726171
Honestly I let my players draw it as part of an attack, so they can item interaction draw off hand -> main hand draw and attack -> off hand attack
But buttblasting autists is my passtime
>>
>>49726256
This.
I have a Paladin that dual wields in my game, I let them use swords as a focus and draw both in one round
>>
>>49726230
I'd genuinely opt to let him fire at all 50 just for the memorable moment.
Screw "balance", If it's supposed to be a magical weapon then let it turn the tide.
>>
File: 1474581837597.jpg (469KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1474581837597.jpg
469KB, 1280x853px
>>49726256
too cool for the rules
>>
>>49726150
>Then why monk? do you want to suck?
He literally explained to you why. Did you not read his post?

Not that I think it's a MC with great synergy, myself. But I'm a much bigger fan of people doing interesting stuff than trying to theorize overpowered shit.
>>
>>49726248
Rogue is better thanks to infinite cunning actions, dash costs ki and shadow step costs 3 levels. Cunning action costs only 2 levels and you get better stuff from rogue like sneak attack with ranged weapons (or if you use certain melee ones), expertise, more skills
>>
File: 1476131268969.jpg (44KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
1476131268969.jpg
44KB, 500x545px
>>49726274
>Honestly I let my players draw it as part of an attack
>>
For a divine weapon that can hit everything in sight, make it use life force as ammunition instead of wood and steel. 1 hp per "arrow".
A god could easily fell armies with it. You...You'll get one hell of a martyr statue when you go to face the entire enemy army alone, and drop 90% of them at the same time.
>>
>>49726256
Ahh yes, the I'm 2kool4rules argument. Also the - I'm unable to think objectively in order to analyze why the game to see why it is like it is and whether there's anything that can actively improve it - line of reasoning.

But you do you anon (as long as it's cool)
>>
>>49726286
Well the bow its based on shot 10 arrows at once, right?
You could alter it to a sort of concentration spell that lasts a single round. That way if he gets multiple attacks he could fire at 20 with two attack actions.

But by all means, if you want to give your PC a ridiculously powerful artifact-level bow that can spam arrows like anime missiles then do it, it's your game. It would always be up to your encounter scales anyway.
>>
>>49726154
Swahbuckler dual wielder would benefit from the feat. +1 AC, use d8 rapiers instead of d6 shortswords (or a whip for the reach), and pull them both out at once.
>>
>>49726330
For these D&D rules it's objectively not a worthwhile exercise to "analyze" them to divine the secret codes that Hasbro slapped them together.
>>
>>49725577
>level 7
>very rare and legendary
Would you like the Fries of All Powerful Tate with your order, sir?
>>
>>49726342
Well if the "Ten Arrows" was an explicit stated important trait, then yeah limit it to up to 10 targets.
I was thinking generally anime laser arrows, i thought "ten" was like "myriad".
>>
File: tarrana_qt.png (534KB, 535x815px) Image search: [Google]
tarrana_qt.png
534KB, 535x815px
> removes combat expertise
> removes power attack
> removes sure strike from 4e
> removes everything that let you make meaningful decisions as a martial
> replaced by boring shit like action surge and second wind that are LITERAL rip-offs of 3.5 feats

Why.
>>
>>49726364
>>49726256
>Hasbro in every post
Verbal tics are a common symptom of autism.
>>
>>49726364
>Being this dismissive

I'm surprised you haven't made millions on your own slapped together set of rules. Ah but, I forget that you're too busy doing cool things of course.
>>
>>49725415
What kind of shit gm would let their players create a magic item for themselves
>>
>>49726419
Ones that actually trust their players to be reasonable and have non-autists players.

Shame that I can't say the same about you though.
>>
>>49726307
You can literally draw a weapon as part of its attack RAW
>>
File: 1459699231305.png (1MB, 896x661px) Image search: [Google]
1459699231305.png
1MB, 896x661px
>>49726401
Because a vocal minority of 3.pfucklords sperged out when anything in the playtest wasn't white bread untopped toast, and unfortunately they were listened to.
Martials were all supposed to get maneuvers, to a degree. Lots of interesting and inspired stuff, like dragon sorcerer becoming a melee bruiser and transforming into a draconic abomination as their spells were spent.
The people who complained promptly complained it still wasn't 3.9 and went back to their systems after pissing on everyone else's cake.
>>
>>49726438
Your post sounded much better in your head, didn't it?

Your GM is shit/ you are a shit GM
>>
Someone who intends on dual wielding without the feat should just have one of their weapons stowed and the other held in the off hand. As if people don't already have their weapons out before combat begins.
>>
>>49726401
Basically because grognards complained in beta.
>>
File: sausage poke.jpg (287KB, 1280x642px) Image search: [Google]
sausage poke.jpg
287KB, 1280x642px
>>49726401
>meaningless number tradeoff
>shitty tax feat
>shitty situational bonus in the form of a "power"
>grappling, shoving, and the various rules in the DMG (disarming, overrun/tumble, climbing on bigger creatures, etc.) aren't just traps for martials to fall into now
>Action Surge lets you do 2/4/6/8 attacks in a single turn and destroy basically anything you're fighting at that point
>>
>>49726299
The majority of levels are going to be Monk, Fighter only comes first for proficiencies and superior saves. I'm taking four levels in whatever the non-Monk class is anyway for ASI.

I'd much rather have Action Surge and Second Wind than 2d6 Sneaks and Expertise, and the ability to Dodge while still attacking even if it's limited compared to non-stop Dashing since I'm the party tank.
>>
I've been interested in tabletop RPGs for a long time but none of the local groups I've found have ever stuck through more than a handful of sessions, so I'm giving it another go with roll20 looking for a 5e game. I'm still pretty much a newcomer to everything though, so are there any red flags to watch out for? Signs that a roll20 game is destined for failure and bad times?
>>
My elf Thief character just reached level 10, should I go for stats or a feat?

Stats are 15 Str, 20 Dex, 10 Con, 10 Int, 14 Wis, 14 Cha

Main weapons are thrown, usually end up climbing shit and jumping over shit but I have Athlete feat for that already.

Thanks!
>>
>>49726477
>But wait, you're not letting me sperg out about how stupid and shitty the hasbro rules are
>>
>>49726468
>Martials were all supposed to get maneuvers, to a degree. Lots of interesting and inspired stuff, like dragon sorcerer becoming a melee bruiser and transforming into a draconic abomination as their spells were spent.
I remember those from the playtests, they looked cool, dunno if the math behind them was sound though
>>
>>49726500

*ranged and thrown, sorry about that
>>
>>49726499
Look at Roll20 posts like indie games on Steam. Look up their creator a bit, look at their presentation, look at the people they're talking to and letting join before you. If they're not putting effort into the sell and have bad judgment when vetting players, it's not worth going for them.

The best answer for online play is to talk to people you already know online and convince them to play, though.
>>
>>49726494
No, no, I meant why not EK/Rogue

>non-stop dashing
You mean as long as you have ki, right?
>>
>>49726500
A bump in Con is never gonna hurt!
>>
>>49726499
Well I one sign would be that it's a public game using 5e.

Speaking of which, dues anyone have the mega link for 4e, 3.5e, etc? I'm outie.
>>
>>49726112
Anyone?
>>
>>49726477
>Going around town with one weapon in hand
>Climbing with one weapon in hand
>Etc
Sure, it's in the rules, but they're silly. Thank god I'm the GM in my game and I don't force silly rulings like that and free hand/weapon stowing shenanigans with martial casters
>>
>>49726477
This desu.
Not all combats break out suddenly and not every encounter has to be an ambush.
My players are mindful of when things escalate and they take out their weapons before I have them roll initiative in a lot of cases/taking out their weapons basically starts the hostility in some cases which sparks the call for initiative.
>>
>>49726526
Because I want to be a mystical motherfucker who stuns assholes seven times per rest, teleport, jump whole chasms and not give a fuck if I fall, swat arrows out of the sky or return them to sender, and give my whole party +10 Stealth

>You mean as long as you have ki, right?
>I'd much rather have the ability to Dodge while attacking [as a Monk], even if it's limited compared to non-stop Dashing [as a Rogue]
I covered that, yes.
>>
>>49726468
I wish they took this new edition as a way to clean up the mechanics.

Why is it "Armor Class" and not just defense?
Why are your ability scores still two-digit "Score" that get translated into a one-digit "bonus"? Just make the "bonus" be the "score".
Why is it "Saving Throw", what are you throwing? Dice? Then why isn't a "Skill Throw" or an "Attack Throw"?
Why are "Class Levels" and "Spell Levels" so different? They couldn't make them on the same scale?
>>
>>49726532
I feel like if he's gotten to 10 with that Con he's probably OK and the party has enough resources (spells, potions, protective gear) that he'll be fine.
>>
>>49726112
I dunno man a lot of it just depends on the game that you're in and how much your DM is gonna give a shit about your background.

If it were me, I'd say a new initiate to an already powerful hivemind so that the DM has some more to work with in terms of plot hooks if he so chooses.

Tome generally makes a lot of sense for GOOlocks, but so could a pact weapon to be honest. But a lot of people will shit on you for having a pact weapon here. Just pick whichever you think will be the most fun
>>
>>49726606
Sacred cow terminology holdovers from 3 decades ago.
>>
>>49726603
But as an EK you have Shield spell, Shield is, statistically speaking, way better than Dodge. Those levels of EK that you lose mean more spells and more Shield. Srly, you're hindering yourself over mere fluff, you're free to do whatever, but we're telling you, as you asked, what it's best for you.
>>
>>49726653
Basically dnd could have been great if wizards built on what worked well in 4e, but the fans hold it back, criticizing anything different.
>>
>>49726660
>shield is statistically speaking way better than dodge

Not when you factor in things like crits.
>>
>>49726561
I think in these cases following the RAW actually rewards the players with dramatic tension or irony when they need to use their hands in dangerous situations. Fighter has to stow his shield to climb, which takes an action. Or else he drops it for free, but then leaves it behind. Guy walks around town with a knife out because he's paranoid about being ambushed, and if forced to put it away then will be even more on edge because if a fight does break out he wont have both weapons ready.
>>
>>49726660
If you go EK/AT you get more spells, dash forever, Shields a lot and other stuff
>>
File: i will throw peanuts at you.jpg (22KB, 238x227px) Image search: [Google]
i will throw peanuts at you.jpg
22KB, 238x227px
>>49726468
Martials all had maneuvers and martial dice for *one* of 6 or 7 playtest iterations. They were removed in the version immediately after due to feedback, and they didn't work out that well numerically anyway (they went off a resource that was better used just adding damage). They were, mechanically speaking, replaced with Extra Attack and the ability to do certain things (shoving, grappling, disarming, etc.) in place of one of your attacks.

The "transforming" sorcerer similarly appeared in only one iteration (the very first one), and it really wasn't that great either. The amount of stuff they got up-front for a sorcerous origin would have required a ton of design work. And, in the end, most of that stuff carried over anyway: dragon sorcerers still get extra defense through more AC and HP, they get more damage thanks to their elemental affinity, but now applied to their spells rather than spending a resource to do some damage in melee. And they get a significant transformation later on by sprouting dragon wings.

People glorify those aspects of the playtest way too much. They weren't that good.
>>
>>49726112
Definitely chain pact for flavor - your familiar would be a creature that serves as a direct connection to the hive that's already fully assimilated.

Most of the Great Old One spells that you already have in the enchantment school are geared toward domination and whatnot, so it shouldn't be hard to pass off.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (48KB, 667x280px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
48KB, 667x280px
>>49726047
pic related
>>
>>49726752
>They weren't that great and the math wasn't that good
Of course, they were a playtest, but the idea was pretty great and original
>>
>>49726500
What's your expertise?

Might suggest taking Resilient Con since those saves become important later on.

Otherwise savage attacker is nice to reroll those damage dies on SA.

Taking a monk level is also an option as it nets you some nice sinergy with Martial arts (throw darts/dagger and punch someone with your bonus action) and Unarmoured (you'd have 17 AC which is decent).

Otherwise magic initiate sounds good for you as you have decent Cha and Wis.
>>
>>49726718
That's how I feel as well. Not to mention it encourages better roleplaying and players need to be mindful of the situations they're in.

>that guy just said something a little strange... can I insight him?
>sure
>player insight reveals some sort of sinister intent
>player pulls out his weapons
>fight begins and thanks to the players mindfulness he has his weapons out before initiative yay
>>
>>49726649
>a new initiate to an already powerful hivemind so that the DM has some more to work with

That's a good idea. I can even talk to my DM about letting me use a version of the Acolyte Background where "Shelter of the Faithful" allows me to occasionally find members of my hive mind or something.
>>
So, what's the biggest upside to playing an Eldritch Knight?

Does it have any particularly interesting interactions with spells?
>>
>>49725297
A build I was looking at was a deep stalker Ranger from the new UA that started variant human for crossbow expert then take sharpshooter at level 4 for massive damage output at level 4 and up with a hand crossbow while also fixing the downside of humans not getting darkvision. It seems like such a crazy too good to be true build while I was driving around but when I checked it seemed perfectly sound and I look forward to building it as my next character
>>
>>49726763
Oh, I didn't think of that for Chain-- I'll probably go with that then; I really like that idea.

Yeah, Charm Person is a given. I'm trying to figure out if Friends is a good idea or not.
>>
>>49726660
Advantage / disadvantage, when the game decides to render it numerically instead of as double rolls, comes to +/-5. That's all Shield is.

I'll have three uses of Shield, and I don't get another one for three more levels--and if I want more than just that plus one, I'm sinking level 2 slots as well. With Monk, I get an extra ki point every level, and this also recharges on a short rest. What's more, now I have both Dodge AND Shield, and when you're sitting at ~21 AC or more before factoring in disadvantage and a +5 on demand, we're looking at a fucker who just can't be hit if he doesn't want to be, and can do all of this while still putting out damage.
>>
In what situation would I have to roll for using Cooking Utensils?
>>
>>49726660
>>49726714
Alright, let me see.

6+ hits:
75% chance to be hit.
50% chance to be hit with shield., 5% chance of being critted included.
56% chance to be hit with dodge. 1/400 chance of being crited.
11+ hits:
50% chance to be hit.
25% chance to be hit with shield. 5% chance to be crit included.
25% chance to be hit with dodge. 0.25% chance of not being crit.
16+ hits:
25% chance to be hit.
5% chance to be hit with shield. Only crits.
6.3% chance to be hit with dodge. 0.25% chance of crit.
21+ hits:
5% chance to be hit.
5% chance to be hit with shield. Only crits.
0.25% chance to be hit with dodge. Only crits.

Shield uses level 1 spell slots or higher, is reaction.
Patient defence is 1 ki, bonus action. Disadvantages don't stack.

So really it's hard to give a 'statistically speaking', because you have to average things like enemy to-hit chance and your AC.
>>
File: wwoooouuuhh.gif (894KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
wwoooouuuhh.gif
894KB, 200x189px
>>49726796
You read my mind, anon.
>>
>>49726535
pastebin.com/Xt411kaR
>>
>>49726797
Utility and defense
Ignore Evo but for GFB or BB spamming
Some teleports
Eventually flight and Haste
Attack + Cantrip later Attack+ Spell

Is pretty solid, but is ultimately a fighter with some spells
>>
>>49726853
>>49726660
Oh, forgot to add that shield can be done even if surprised, and you can choose to not use shield if an attack will clearly miss.

Shield's a nice spell, but dodging can be quite nice too.

>>49726831
Making drugs to sell to drows.
>>
>>49726831
Disguising yourself as a chef to infiltrate a stronghold.

Trying to hide the fact that you poisoned the soup.

Trying to impress a possible party patron with your food skills, hoping to get a huge job offer.
>>
anyone has that list for all the character options published so far with sources?
>>
>>49726831
Wisdom (Medicine, Nature, Survival) to cook something using weird ingredients.
Charisma (Performance) or Dexterity (Slight of Hand) to be a cook hibachi chef and flip ingredients around.
>>
>>49726797
Ek relies on cantrips and the Shield spell.
Pretty much GFB all day and use shield to cover your or someone else's ass.
>>
>>49726820
The reason I didn't list chain was because Tome will get you a familiar. So take a look first at the extra familiars you get access to and see if they fit.

Otherwise I recommend picking Tome and just taking Find Familiar with that.
>>
>>49726797
Defence and multiclass potential.

If you get GFB/BB, you can multiclass without caring about losing later fighter features.

You get really nice defence spells like shield + absorb elements, on top of already being a 1d10 class, having high AC and all that.

Best played rapier+shield in my opinion and focusing on Booming Blade and defence.

Also you can cast haste on yourself later.

Don't expect truckloads of utility. You only get a couple of non-combat spells.
>>
>>49726868
>>49726920
>>49726891
Thanks, I'll have to poke through the SCAG again at some point, I forgot it existed while I was considering spells for EK.
>>
File: straid.jpg (52KB, 519x390px) Image search: [Google]
straid.jpg
52KB, 519x390px
>>497255210
Sorry, was afk.
He was an office clerk in a magicratic society going through midlife crisis, a moderately successful one, but he decided to spice up his life. Long story short, he was kinda forced into using blood magic when stuck in local not-Moria, went on a bit of a power trip, ate a death slaad (while acquiring Fabio-tier smouldering hot looks in the proccess), took a peak at the contents BoVD, died, returned, died again, got stuck in a magic ring, stuff happened.
So, blood magic - a rather obscure homerule that states that any arcane casters as a minor action can draw their own blood and sacrifice 1 level of their Con for a rather long period of time, but the can fill a spell slot of any level with any spell available to their whole class. No materials needed. Another downside is that you had to roll on the DM's special table of shitty results, which involved fainting, desecrated ground, mass revival of the undead in a 1km radius, etc.
There were a number of other rather gruesome rites, but this was the most basic one.
The "any spell from the class list" is also an an important part, since when I took a hold of BoVD, and although I lost it on the next day, DM did provide me with a short list of spells I could theoretically prepare from it, which included purple sith lightning and pretty much a copy of dark bead from Dark Souls, which was mechanically a terribly balanced copy of ordinary fireball, but cone-shaped and with zero saves, pure damage. And since I took that eidetic memory feat during character creating that gave me something like +1 int, perfect sense of navigation and A+ memory, I would have no problems filling my empty slot with either of those two spells.
And they also required me rolling on the nasty stuff table if cast successful.
So the process would theoretically go like this: use minor conjuration to get a fork, next round stab myself, roll on the fuck-shit-up table, cast dark bead, roll on the fuck-shit-up table again.
Terrific.
>>
>>49726967
Fug, meant for >>49725521
>>
File: 1415147777364.jpg (25KB, 382x259px) Image search: [Google]
1415147777364.jpg
25KB, 382x259px
>>49725297
I have never played a character who was mechanically focused on damage output in all my years of tabletop. I play tanks, healers, utility, and the stealthiest of rogues, but I've never sat down and statted up my character with the mindset "how do I kill things good?".
>>
>>49726946
Elemental Evil companion has some nice things, too.
>Absorb Elements, as mentioned
>Mold Earth
>Earth Tremor
>Warding Wind
>Wall of Sand / Water
>>
>>49727024
Download that Anvilforged Excel character sheet and it has every spell except for maybe the most recent Unearthed Aracana.
>>
>>49726468
>Lots of interesting and inspired stuff, like dragon sorcerer becoming a melee bruiser and transforming into a draconic abomination as their spells were spent.
Shameless plug, but I need feedback so fuck it.
>>
So I'm finally implementing a poisoned chalice trap/puzzle that I saw on here a few months back.
The gist of it is that there's 3 chalices, all of which are poisoned, which the PC's are prompted to drink (they're aware at least one is poisoned).
Knowing my bumblefuck PC's, they're gonna drink at least one, so I'm wondering how much damage this poison should do~
They'll be either level 4 or 5 by this point, so I'm deciding between rolling the damage, or just doing a % of their maximum health.
>>
>>49726886
pls respond
>>
>>49727124
What is the solution if they're all poisoned?
>>
Do people not realize that you get one basic item interact on your turn?
you get
standard action
bonus action
basic item action
reaction

Basic item interaction is for things like opening a door, pulling a lever, etc. and you can draw or stow a weapon as part of this
>>
>>49727159
Die and reroll as a party of nothing but Dwarves.
>>
>>49727184
But only one weapon. So if you're dual-wielding, you're fucked unless you spend all your time walking around with a dagger in hand or pay the dreaded feat tax.
>>
>>49727159
The oversimplified gist of the solution is that there's a key that's basically fuckin' taped to the bottom of the glass, but the potion is opaque, so they can't tell without dumping it or drinking it.
The trick is that riddle also carries a strong connotation that they would find the answer by "drinking" it, but never explicitly says it.

In case I misinterpreted your question and you meant "they're all" to be the players, then the chucklefucks die.
>>
File: 1475794090460.jpg (82KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1475794090460.jpg
82KB, 500x313px
>>49727124
Would you like to merely set them back, or have the poison inflict serious injury or possible death?
Lv. 5-10 traps with the setback difficulty have a damage of 2d10, dangerous difficulty of 4d10, and deadly difficulty of 10d10. Take your pick.
>>
crap now my mouse broke
>>
>>49727124
Do they have to be damage poisons?

1 Potion of True Polymorph (Mouse)
1 Potion of Reverse Gravity
1 Potion of Blindness

All have a duration of 8 hours
>>
>>49727222
Sorry for the ambiguity. I did mean the first thing.
I had a similar idea for a trap like the good ole horcrux Harry and Dumbledore go to get together.
Basically an acid or something that will corrode the skin/armor of anyone who touches it directly, but there being a cup nearby they can drink it but it will deal tons of damage to them if they do.

However, the person who made the trap failed to realize that the person can just scoop the acid out of the container and on to the floor.

It's just a "will you kill yourself" test.
>>
>>49727310
Does true polymorph mean if they don't dispell it within the 8 hours that nigga is a mouse?
>>
>>49727341
It means if he dies within the 8 hour period, he dies for real. If he outlives the duration, the spell wears off and he goes back to being a normal <race>
>>
>>49727227
I like the idea of a con saving throw between 4d10 and 8d10. An average fail save should make them hit unconsciousness, a success should drop them really low.
I've got two Lizardfolk NPC's that I've been giving player levels at 1/2 the rate of the PC's, and my party will probably push one of the NPC's to drink first. I'll probably just outright kill off the NPC.
I'm not usually THAT DM, but I've been pretty lenient with consequences in the past, and it's a party full of relatively newbies, so I think a party death would be """"good"""" for them.

>>49727310
Not necessarily. The setting is that they're in a Yuan-Ti temple and they're trying to fuck their shit up before SSeth materializes into a summoned hydra/dragon/superbigbadtrope
>>
>>49727355
>>49727341
No, it should be a potion that swaps locations with a real mouse. Let the player control and think that he's the mouse, but in reality his character is just off in a harmless maze. When the spell wears off, they swap places back. If the party kills the mouse in an attempt to end the polymorph spell early, secretly inform the player that he is not, in fact, dead but do not give him details.

Then, once the 8 hours are up, swap the dead mouse body with the player's character.
>>
man bob costas is the worst
>>
>>49727310
>>49727404
Actually, now that I think of it, a true polymorph mouse would be brilliant.
Snakes love mice!

So that's one potion, would it be unimaginative to keep the other two as damage-- Maybe one should be minor damage and a 8hr "poisoned" status.
>>
>>49726863
The 4e link is down I think.
>>
>>49727211
Or just take the feat, get the benefits, and never have to worry about not having all your weapons at once.
>>
>>49727529
>feat tax is okay as long as it's someone else's build and not mine
Imagine if pulling out a 2h heavy weapon took 2 turns.
That'd be stupid, people would hate it.
>>
File: thiscarelessattitude.jpg (27KB, 566x393px) Image search: [Google]
thiscarelessattitude.jpg
27KB, 566x393px
>>49727577
>Imagine if pulling out a 2h heavy weapon took 2 turns.
>>
This might not be the appropriate place to ask, but does anyone where where I could find some arabian-themed hero mini's? (think classical Arabian Nights, very stylized and over-the-top)

I've seen some desert themed mini's, but they're more for monsters. Also know there were a few similarly themed campaigns in the 90s but my search hasn't been successful yet.
>>
>>49727577
>feat tax is ok because you want to be able to make two attacks, increasing your chance to hit.

here are your options:
1) wait ONE turn to draw your second weapon
2) have your second weapon out before the encounter (on the occasion you are surprised, refer to point 1)
3) stick to one weapon
4) take the feat

whining about stupid design isn't going to garner sympathy because apparently despite all of the above, you're still unhappy.

sure you could be lucky and get your DM to bend down to your crying, but you'd still be wrong.
>>
File: black_rose.jpg (154KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
black_rose.jpg
154KB, 1024x683px
Thoughts on this lil deck of mine?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-02-16-marchesa-the-black-rose-edh/
>>
>>49727751
wrong thread nigga
>>
>>49727751
Whoops wrong Thread
>>
>>49727751
Looks fine to me but why are you posting this in a D&D thread?
>>
>>49727751
Too much text. You really expect your players to read all of that for a minigame?

Save the time, and be concise. Roll a few d20s, allow the rogue to use his slight of hand if he wishes to be cheatsy about it. Then move along.

Sorry you wasted so much time.
>>
File: 1475557256758.jpg (63KB, 340x377px) Image search: [Google]
1475557256758.jpg
63KB, 340x377px
>>49727836
Thanks
>>
>>49727732
Agreed. If you are so dead set on wielding two weapons, take some precaution or live with it. Just like any other character who looked at his build options and picked one and stuck with it.
Does the sword and shield paladin complain that putting on his shield take an action? No, because he's probably already wearing it by the time combat starts because he thought ahead. Otherwise he spends his turn putting on the shield or else starts fighting without the +2 AC.
>>
>>49727732
If you want to ruin your action economy and take feats to attempt to break even with other damage styles, you might as well go Polearm Master and get the same benefit (a second attack with a weaker weapon that adds your damage stat), have a better primary weapon to begin with, and additional features out of the feat.
>>
>>49727473

Nope. Still works fine. Sometime mega get weird in firefox for me and I have to shutdown the browser and relaunch to get them to work but the links are working fine for me in the pastebin
>>
>>49727865
No one cares about a man walking through town or attending a banquet with a shield strapped to his arm. He might seem a little weird in high society, but not much more than anyone else wearing armor, and it's not like he's going to hurt anyone. The shield's just there.

MEANWHILE, this shifty-looking fuck in the hood is over here clutching a dagger 24/7 and has to tuck his wine glass under his arm every time he wants to grab a perogie from a passing serving girl.
>>
>>49727917
Invest in int and tinkerers tools. Ask your DM if you can rig an assassins creed style hidden blade.
>>
>>49727917
I like this situation where the PCs are in a fancy social shindig but are concealing weapons. Are they wearing their grubby, slime-covered armor and bloodstained backpacks? No, they probably realized that in order to blend in and disguise themselves, they would be in a situation where they don't have all their super combat optimized gear. The half-orc barbarian at the high-society banquet probably doesn't have his battleaxe slung over his back, right?
>>
>>49727967
Better idea: ask your DM if you can throw that shitty rule in the trash because maybe a man with 16 Dexterity is capable of using both of his hands at the same time to grip knives strapped to his belt.
>>
>>49727917
If you're a rogue why aren't you jumping in, using your action to sneak attack an enemy next to your allies then bonus action disengaging like you're supposed to?
You want to get a little more DPS or have two tries for your sneak attack to land? Wait one fucking turn.
>>
>>49727994
The more you get upset the more I love this rule.
>>
>>49727989
If there's no weapon check, I don't see why not.

Sword tucked away neatly in a scabbard like any other military officer? No problem. But we're just gonna ban everyone who's good at axes from having their weapons on-hand because you can't neatly cover them in leather and make them less obvious?
>>
>>49727994
16 dex man with 2 knives should take the dual wielder feat and not be a little bitch about it.
>>
>>49728002
>only rogues dual wield or are shifty-looking fucks in hoods
That's classist, you pig.
>>
>>49728038
ごめんね、兄さん
>>
>>49728038
If the shifty guy is a player character fighter or ranger, then he either has the two weapon fighting style and therefore would benefit from taking the feat even more, or else he has a different fighting style yet is equipping himself suboptimally, which you seem to think is impossible.
>>
>>49727989
This.

Also if the person with the dagger is so paranoid about needing to be combat ready I'd let them slight of hand to try to keep a dagger concealed in their sleeve or some shit. That would be awesome.
>>
Tell me some of your favorite underrated or underused spells /5eg/, from any class
>>
>>49728087
>have a dagger concealed in your sleeve
>still doesn't help you do anything with it without the feat
I don't quite follow this weird deviation of the argument you two are running with
>>
>>49728108
I never hear much about Heat Metal

used that shit on a knight in plate armor two sessions ago, dude was supposed to be this big badass knight-sergeant guy and instead he played hot potato stripping his gear off for the entire fight and then getting mercced by the fighter
>>
>>49728120
So he can be at the party and have a weapon available to him without drawing attention? He can then draw this weapon if he has to. Just because he has the option of using two weapons doesn't mean he can't use just one.
>>
>>49728120
Well obviously I'd let him have it concealed in such a way as to count it as equipped.

I'm curious as to what kind of games you play. Most of my players really enjoy things like this because it challenges them to roleplay more. Do you just like the combat simulation?
>>
>>49728183
If it's that kind of party, sure.

>just because he has the option of using two weapons doesn't mean he can't use just one
But now he's shit compared to anyone who uses a two-hander, shield, or ranged weapon, because they have the full impact of their chosen weapon style without having to wait another turn or burn a feat.
>>
>>49728144
That's why a lot of people house rule this one as only affecting handheld objects, it fucks heavy armor users even more than they need to be fucked
>>
>>49728024
So now let's say there is a weapon check, and the PCs can maybe smuggle in one (1) small concealed object underneath their fancy dress clothes.
The PCs decide that there might be combat, but in order to blend into the party and not call attention to themselves, they aren't wearing their armor, and the big strong guy has a small dagger instead of his normal greataxe.
There you go, fun fluffy scenario for your DnD game. Nobody is equipped with their optimal loadout, but that's part of the scene.
>>
>>49727865
I haven't been involved in this argument and don't know how it started and just scrolled up from the bottom of the page but
I think taking a shield on and off being a full action is fucking stupid because it makes the Versatile property useless to everyone but halflings who are trying to use two-handed weapon style for some reason
>>
>>49728227
spell itself says "such as a suit of heavy or medium armor"

but I will agree it's absurd in that use; takes a minute to doff plate armor and they've got to be doing that while also taking damage, and if they decide not to rip their gear off they have disadvantage on shit

if it was just a single handheld item though, it'd be pretty shit.

works best balance wise when used on something that can be torn off in an action like scale mail
>>
>>49727916
Thanks bud, downloading now
>>
>>49728226
>beep boop PC in suboptimal combat situation, cannot compute, logically impossible for PC to voluntarily or otherwise be in a position where they are not at peak combat potential
>>
>>49728227
>>49728284
It's just way to strong for a level 2 spell, It's another Enlarge Person.
>>
>>49726752
V0.1 of most ideas are terrible. The inspiration behind them, however, is amazing and I would've loved to see the effect on the game that design direction would've had.
>>
>>49727211
>>49726441
>>
>>49728312
kinda agree, could easily be a 3rd level spell.
>>
>>49728276
Yeah RAW you cannot switch between versatile longsword one-handed with shield and then lose the shield without spending an action. If you homebrew some sort of small buckler or something that only gives +1 AC but leaves your hand free to use a versatile weapon, you'd be trading 1 AC for 1 damage per swing.
>>
>>49728284
That's the other thing I house rule, taking off the main body of an armor like plate only taking your action and bonus action so you don't take the damage anymore
>>
File: 1472579849250.jpg (64KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1472579849250.jpg
64KB, 500x750px
>>49725297
>additional gear
I would love to see a bunch of new armor and weapons get released, preferably stuff with special properties or varying uniqueness so there aren't too many things that are borderline the same. For example, they could make a cane sword that has a DC 15 investigation to see through its guise, and you could use sleight of hand to draw it and catch people by surprise.

>character build
I've had an idea for a mountain dwarf abjuration wizard that I've built upon for a long time. I was thinking about using him this season but my group is still waist deep in OotA so I may have to wait til next season.
>>
How much damage should a literal rain of arrows do?
>>
>>49728469
1d4 improvised weapon damage
>>
>>49725297
Rogue/Warlock. Probably swashbuckler/fey for maximal gayness.
>>
>>49726080
I'm quite positive none of your monk features work unless you are unarmored and only wielding monk weapons.
>>
>>49728469
1d6
>>
>>49725297
OK /5eg/, I need help with the current leg of Curse of Strahd. They went to the windmill, RNG saw them steamroll it. Their luck ran out in Vallaki where they got pounded by Izek and the guard (with one death/resurrection). Now they ran to Krezk and talked their way into shelter for one night.

They stumbled into the plot with the bones being stolen from the church in Vallaki but fled just as the priest cried over discovering the bones missing. Ireena was drawn to the pond in Krezk and they held her back as Strahd struck the lake with his lightning bolt. Right now they are sleeping and the Abbot is raising the Burgomaster's son. Strahd originally planned to capture Ireena in Vallaki but the party fucked up just enough to escape, and now he is planning to meet the Abbot in Krezk before crushing the church in Vallaki. They figured out Rictavio is a vampire hunter and the NPC from the tarroka reading, but have not joined up with him. The sunsword is in the Abby. The Tome is at the Wizards of Wine (which their lodging was contingent on going to).

Knowing my players they will want to keep their word and get to the Winery, but I think the Abbot is better for the story. What is the best way to nudge the decision? After getting pounded in Vallaki they are extremely cautious about what I say.
>>
>>49728469
4d6, dex save for half.
>>
>>49728469
Depends on how it happens. As a diefic event it would be more like a trap damage than anything, so I'd check the DMG improvised damage.
>>
>>49728469
Balance it based on a spell with a dex save, like fireball or something
>>
>>49728144
Heat Metal is amazing.
I'm still sad I can't get it as a sorcerer.
>>
>>49728563
can you imagine a sorc with heat metal? one 2nd level slot and 2 sorc points and you could disable two armor-wearing guys in one turn

that situation would almost make a sorcerer not just a worst Wizard
>>
>>49728590
Metamagic is ridiculous underrated imo
>>
>>49728590
You've heard of Mage Slayers, it's time for the Mage Slayer Slayer
>>
>>49728541
An extradimensional space full of arrows rupturing. Because it was shout out of a bow.
>>
I cant decide /5eg/. Bladelock or Eldritch Knight?

Whats the play style of each?
>>
>>49728621
Twinned is, most definitely.
Especially given the cost I've found it significantly better than quickened, which is the other one I've got access to at the moment.
>>
>>49728302
>beep boop, analyzing all possible combat scenarios
>displaying all scenarios where a dual-wielder who does not pay this feat tax is not suboptimal
>printing
>1: when he walks around with a weapon in his hand at all times
>end
>>
So how useful would it be for a wizard with catapult and alchimests tools to catapult alchimiest's fire at enemies?
>>
>>49728621
Ritual casting, Arcane Recovery, Spellbook, features like Portent and 4x as many spells known (as well as many more spells prepared) are not underrated however

>>49728635
Bad.

Want to play a gish? do a bladesinger or valor bard.

if you really had to pick between bladelock and eKnight, eknight.
>>
>>49728679
If you're a wizard you can fling fire without needing any of that shit, it's the whole point
>>
>>49728646
>beep boop, addendum being printed
>dual-wielder also not sub-optimal, if he/she/it/xe waits 1 turn in combat to draw second weapon.
>dual-wielder now at optimal level with increased percentage chance to hit
>thank you for your service, may i be of any more use?
>>
>>49728687
I don't care if they play badly, i just think that flavor-wise an EK or bladelock sounds a lot more fun than being some pansy ass elf screaming at his sword.
>>
>>49728487
There are very few Monk features that don't work if you are wearing armor or a shield.
>increased damage die on fists / Monk weapons
>unarmed attack as a bonus action
>finessing your fists / Monk weapons
>Dex+Wis as AC
>bonus movement speed

Everything else works just fine. All ki abilities (including Flurry of Blows), can be used without armor, and the level 9 improvement to your unarmored speed (the ability to run up walls) functions as well, despite you lacking the increased speed. Slow Fall works, Evasion works, your Ki-Empowered Strikes work (even if your damage is now shit without Tavern Brawler), Purity of Body works, and so on.

It's literally just the level 1 Monk features and bonus move speed that turn off if you have armor.
>>
>>49728700
>beep boop, dual wielders are suboptimal even if they have both weapons in hand
>searching cultural database
>idiom identified
>the feat tax on dual wielding is adding insult to injury
>>
>>49728740
Bladelock can be fun, though mechanically it's the worst gish

personally I played a EKnight once and it kinda sucked. Until you get War Magic at level 7, which like like 4+ months of weekly play if you start at level 1, you're just a fighter who can cast shield or absorb elements like three or so times a day.

even when you finally get War Magic, you're still often better off just attacking twice rather than casting a cantrip and attacking once.

I suggested Valor Bard and Bladesinger because they are the most fun and versatile. A Valor Bard can support allies, is still a great skiller due to jack of all trades and expertise

bladesinger is a Wizard with a super saiyan form twice per short rest. Lets you use your spells more liberally because you can always fall back on Bladesong and melee.

Also bladesingers don't have to be elfs, that's just flavor.
>>
>>49728740
Honestly, bladelock is the worst caster option in the game, but it's still a caster. So the full caster spell progression makes it the better Gish. Super fun to roleplay too.
>>
>>49728840
>So the full caster spell progression makes it the better Gish

Warlock

full caster

?
>>
My group does regular IC journals after each session (DM bribes us with a free inspiration, so we're pretty consistent with it).

They're all posted on Obsidian Portal, so we can read each others. It's kinda cool, cause we can look back over the campaign and see what happened, we get OOC insight into others characters and we can see what other players thoight stood out the most during the sessions.

Anyone else do this? If so, care to drop a link?
I can link ours if there's any interest.
>>
>>49726298
Monk/Ek sounds like the aborted fetus of some thatguy triying to make his personal snowflake but whatever.
I mean you could be wizard/monk that could have some sense (a martial scribe) or a cleric/monk (enligthed fist) also cleric monk let you tank better.
Or bard monk or paladin monk(a kensai).

the wizard and paladin are a little mad, but nonetheless better multiclasses.
>>
>>49725297
As i have'nt played 5E yet im basing my choice on what ive seen rules wise.

Halfing open hand style monk [with lucky feat when im high enough level to gain it]

>TFW a 3 foot tall monk punts a 6 foot tall man 15 feet through the air.
>>
>>49728875
Or--Arcana Domain Cleric + Monk. More cleric rather than Monk, I'd think. Go for the gish cantrips. It'd be alright, I think.
>>
>>49728823
>>49728840
I'm getting mixed messages here. What exactly makes a Gish good? Does spell reliance make a good gish or a bad gish?
>>

Wanted to play a Storm Sorcerer/Tempest Cleric multiclass pretty much since the Storm Sorc dropped, but haven't found a proper setting for him yet. I think Storm King's Thunder might be the right campaign for him.
>>
>>49728875
>Paladin/Monk is more Kensai than any kind of Fighter/Monk, especially Champion
Also a Dex/Con/Wis/Cha build what the fuck

>a full Wizard/Monk is somehow more incongruous than an EK/Monk, which features two base classes that are intensely martial
Two of the Monk's archetypes are quasi-magical, how does adding a second magical archetype to the mix make it weirder than going full Wizard base class?
>>
>>49728745
That does not sound right to me, but I don't have my book with me atm so I will have to look over that later.

In truth though, even if that does work, you going for plate armor on top of this multiclass combination will make your build pretty MAD. You will need 15 str plus 13 dex and 13 wis, and dumping con below 10 is not really an option either. If you are going to go for a build like this, it might be better to go dex fighter to reduce the stats required to make this build work and survive.
>>
>>49728692
I did the math.
I also intend to tie 5 flasks of alchimists fire together, my dm okayed it.
It comes out to 8-44, or 26 median damage. So its a decent way to kill weak shit
>>
>>49726401
Combat expertise-> Blade bard inspiration, defensive duelist , protection style.
Also DR reducction: BM parry and rogue evasion
Power attack-> sharpshooter, GWM
Sure strike -> precision attack manouver.
Removers meaningful decisions-> more like: removes feats chains that give you fixed numbers / consolidate powers into more coherent a meaningful decisions.

Are you even triying to do a decent bait?
>>
File: vainamoinen_02.jpg (1MB, 1199x1600px) Image search: [Google]
vainamoinen_02.jpg
1MB, 1199x1600px
>>49728740
>bards cant be cool
>>
What would you rank the editions as from best to worst?
>>
>>49728628
1d4+Dexterity bludgeoning, possibly as an AoE.
>>
>>49726513
>>49726752
The problem with that aproach is that everymartial just wasted all their at will dice in more dmg.
So its doesnt matter if you were a rogue or a figther or had diferent weapons. You still would do 6d6 dmg per round.
It was a good idea but was bad implemented.
>>
>>49729021

Hm...a strength bard, eh? That sounds pretty cool and right up my alley. Thank you good Anon!
>>
Does Great Weapon Fighting effect all dice from the melee weapon (ex. greatsword, 2d6)? Does it also effect the dice rolled when you land a critical hit? (a reliable source would be rad too)
>>
I'm thinking about picking up 5e for the first time. I would play this at an Adventurer's League event as I am new in town and don't have a regular group to play with.

My history of playing has been mostly 3.5 and I know that 3.5 and 5e are more similar than 4e and 5e. What kinds of differences can I expect between 3.5 and 5e? Like, apparently magic items are a lot more rare now?

How has Eberron held up?
>>
>>49728992
Mountain Dwarf: 16/13/16/10/13/8
>>
File: man.jpg (17KB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
man.jpg
17KB, 300x223px
>>49729021
I was talking about bladesingers.

Bards can be great.
>>
>>49728687
Bladesingers die from a stiff breeze.
>>
>>49729065
yes, duh
>>
File: 5BDRqu8.png (569KB, 565x668px) Image search: [Google]
5BDRqu8.png
569KB, 565x668px
>>49728948
So the main thing with a good Gish is how the martial and magic interact.

I don't like EKnight because until War Magic there's not much reason to do anything but abjuration spells like Shield, Absorb Elements. You also have so few spell slots that those are things you can only use extremely sparingly.

Bladelock is bad mostly because Chainlock and Tomelock are way better. Bladelock is also bad because of a large lack of features to help it gish. You have to use one of your invocations to give yourself an extra attack unlike other gishes who just get extra attack as a feature.

Bladesinger/Valor are good because there's a good amount of interaction and stuff you can do. Valor can magically inspire people as a bonus action then attack with their action, or use any number of spells as they have lots of bonus action spells.

Bladesinger gets alot of great shit when they Bladesong, like more ac moving faster etc, advantage on dex, big bonus to your Concentration checks which are vital, plus getting all the awesome Wizard shit like rituals and fullcasting and arcane recovery and etc

>>49729054
If you wanna be a str bard consider multi-classing Fighter or Pally for your first level. You want Heavy Armor proficiencies and a fighting style/Smites are fantastic too. Paladin is probably the best for a two level start, you get a shitton.

Either that or make sure you have atleast 14 Dex for medium armor.
>>
>>49728679
Alchemist Fire has a secret usefulness that i see get over looked. It doesn't go out unless the target uses it's action to put it out. Leaving the DM to decide: will they attack but take another turn of fire damage, or smother the flames without attacking.
>>
>>49728756
>beep boop, literary device misused
>calculations confirm that dual wielders are able to reach its optimal threshold following the one turn wait after which percentage chance to hit and consequently, damage increases.
>to contextualise, this fighting style is comparatively better than others with regards to accuracy but also is comparatively worse than others with regards to damage output
>to assume it should be on par with maximum dps builds would be erroneous and a mistaken value judgement
>beep boop energy levels drained. shut down imminent
>>
File: 3.PF vs. 5e.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
3.PF vs. 5e.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49729069
>What kinds of differences can I expect between 3.5 and 5e?
>>
>>49729142

I really want to like alchemist's fire, but the fact that it's treated as an improvised weapon (and thus, you never get proficiency with it bar Tavern Brawler), I find I miss with it too much to make it worth using, especially at, like, 50 gold a pop. Damn shame.
>>
>>49729138
>>49729054
Something to bear in mind with a Paladin start is you're choking down Wis and Cha as your saves.
>>
>>49728859
You advance though the spell levels just as fast as any other caster. You have less slots, but if that was the criteria, sorcerers would not be full casters.
>>
>>49729097
If you build them and play them poorly

sure you have shit health. Bladesingers all about damage avoidance. Mirror Image, Shield, Absorb Elements etc.

You can get pretty great AC (10 + Dex + Int while bladesonging). Then you have Shield if that's not enough.

Good luck hitting a 17 AC Bladesinger with Mirror Image up, and even if you hit good luck hitting the 22 AC bladesinger.

When you don't have Bladesong available, which is going to be pretty rare since it's 2x short rest, you're still a Wizard. Hang bang and cast shit.
>>
>>49729142
Oh fuck.
Thats even better.
Im making a control based lucky halfling diviner wizard starting at level 16. We're getting a good amount of starting gold plus a rare/ 2 uncommon items. Im most likely going to take a ring of spell storing.
>>
>>49728948
I'm not thinking of a Gish so much as an objective statement: full caster progression is better than half caster progression. If you want to hit things hard, take the fighter. If you want to cast things better, bladelock is the better choice.
>>
>>49729151

Cool, thanks for this. That actually seems like it might be more of what I am looking for. I kind of dislike the grind of getting those magic items and getting their numbers up ever so slightly higher and increasing amounts of gold.

I also like the fact that the classes are more balanced in terms of tiers. It is straight fucking retarded how OP casters become in comparison to martial characters.

This means that mundane items like bear traps, caltrops, and alchemist grenades have a lot more viability, right?

What is eberron like in 5e? Any significant changes? Does it even currently exist?
>>
File: Untitled.png (19KB, 656x432px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19KB, 656x432px
>>49729211
>a control based lucky halfling diviner wizard starting at level 16
i drew him listening to your gay post
>>
This month's UA is fine. It's probably easier for DMs doing encounter building by hand but isn't going to harm all the smart ones using sites like kobold.club for them.

The best part, however, is Step 5. I would love to see more material on mixing up combat encounters in future UAs.
>>
Hi /5eg/. I need some advice.

I'm building a Warlock. Level 5. Variant human, Great Old One, Chain pact. This is fixed.

And that's about it. What feats/spells/invocations to take? How to not suck in combat (which will be a lot of) and out of it?
>>
>>49728960
The player wanted a EK/monk: int/con/dex/wis
I would do paladin/monk instead. Without investing to much in wis (i have armor and fuck stun punch i need ki for other things). Its has all the magic the monk player want.

>Two of the Monk's archetypes are quasi-magical, how does adding a second magical archetype to the mix make it weirder than going full Wizard base class?

"Oh look at me i have studied the 8 strikes of the iron hand, the flow of the magic elements in the void temple between the fire and water nation, the western swordmanship of the Diestro Carranza and Luis Pacheco the Narvaez and graduated Magna Cum Laude in defense agaisnt the Dark Arts" Seriusly who wants to be a Kvothe wannabe?
>>
>>49729178
Anon have you read the PHB?

a Sorcerer is a full caster, they have as many slots as a Cleric/Bard/Wizard. Hell more than a Cleric/Bard since they can regen them, albiet not as well as a Wizard.

A Warlock has Pact Magic. It's considered a completely different type of Spellcasting. For the majority of a Warlock's "actual play" levels, they've got 2 spells per short rest at the highest level you can cast them.

Eventually you get Mystic arcanum but that's still not full caster territory.
>>
>>49729268
Anon, do you not get it? Full caster only describes spell level progression. Don't get into a semantic debate, they're pointless, and your wrong.
>>
>>49729239
>What is eberron like in 5e? Any significant changes? Does it even currently exist?
The only material out for it right now was an early Unearthed Arcana, which is was met with lukewarm regard at best. It has a wizard artificer, warforged, shifters, changelings, and dragonmarks in there.

Eberron's abundance of magical items doesn't fit well with 5e's lower prevalence by default, but with a few houserules or homebrews for crafting and buying items it works fine. I'll throw the stuff I've come up with for an upcoming Eberron campaign I'll be running in a bit.
>>
>>49729258
>taking Int for an EK
>taking Int for just 3-4 levels of EK
Why? If all you're going to do is cast Shield or melee cantrips like GFB or BB, what do you need Int for? Does having a wimpy 1-2 extra AB or DC on the rare occasion you cast a damaging Evocation (only three times per long rest!) matter enough to shaft the physical portions of the build?

EKs and ATs can function perfectly well without investing into their casting stats, especially if you pick spells that don't call for saves or spell attack rolls.
>>
>>49729252
On Roll20? Take Devil's Sight or you'll fucking hate your life, Roll20 makes playing a non-darkvision race such a fucking drag because of dynamic lighting bullshit.

Otherwise, Agonizing Blast is basically a mandatory pick. Obviously so is Eldritch Blast.

Spells, you always cast at your highest level, so pick shit that scales well with higher level casting

>>49729299
>Full caster only describes spell level progression

Incorrect. It also describes spell slot progression.

Either way, a Sorcerer gets the same spell level progression as the other "full" casters, so you're wrong there again.
>>
>>49729327
I have literally never seen someone besides your argue your point. I've been using this terminology the same way since the beginning, until I ran into your particular brand of autism. Anyways, I hate semantic arguments, so no more (you)s for you.
>>
>>49729301

Aw man. Eberron was the first campaign setting that I played, and it really set the tone for me, having a fight with some thugs on top of an airship and crashing it into a tower or ruins or something. Fuuuuug mang.

This might be a situation of not being able to step in the same river twice.
>>
>>49729320
Thats true int is not necesary for a few lvls.
What i cant understand is to wait 3-4 levels for the extra attack losing 3-4 ki in the process when 2-3 lvls of paladin/cleric/wizard(abjurer) do it much better. Also the background of such character is clunky as fuck.

But whatever, is not my pc.
>>
>>49729252
You're a full caster class, so your strategy is simple. Misty step out of harm's way.

The warlock has a unique system of invocations that give you a lot of flexibility. You at least want to take agonizing blast, but you can also get silent image and levitate at will, something other classes can't really do. The familiar is great for scouting, and in a pinch can be used to save your teammates with touch spells like invisibility.

Levitate over people and rain eldritch fire at them from above.
>>
>>49729244
I dont hate it
>>
>>49729450
Since when warlocks are full casters?
>>
>>49725578
They can, easily for the most part, but it's a valid answer.

>>49725591

So what's your campaign a ripoff of, with its longswords and bows? Britain? Get over yourself.
>>
>>49729023
5e>OSR>PF>2e>4e
>>
>>49729023
1. 5e, 4e
2. Pf
3. 1e, 2e

Power Gap

4. 3.5e
>>
What's the best way to play a necomancer?
>>
>>49729751
what do you think the best way is, retard
>>
>>49729751
As in the wizard subclass? Or do you mean what character options are best for necromancy?
>>
Guys is it possible to convert a demon to an angel? I ask because my cleric set it as a goal to convert a demon into worshiping a lawful good deity. If I succeed would it have the possibility of becoming a seraph?
>>
>>49729772
The latter
>>
>>49729380
You're getting awfully upset over this semantic argument, anon.

Your terminology is incorrect; clearly, you are an inexperienced player/GM, and so it is my duty to educate you.

>>49729563
That anon is misinformed, please excuse him.
>>
>>49729751
Be a Druid. Use Conjure Animals to summon eight cats whenever you need.

Or did you mean "necromancer", with spooky skeletons n' shiet?
>>
>>49729751
1. Pick Wizard, and then pick the Necromancer tradition.
2. Have a high Int.
3. Use Necromancy spells.
4. Get level 3 spells asap.

Not sure what you information you hoped to get.
>>
>>49729751
As a warlock. Undying patron, speak with dead at will, play a necromancer detective.
>>
>>49729797
Well if you want max skeletons, all the time, go with >>49729850
If you want to be a guy who talks to ghosts, Undying Warlock.
>>
>>49729301
Here's the sum of the house rules I'm using in my Eberron campaign. I also have a "quick-and-dirty crafting" system set up for the players who want to make shit.

The biggest changes are adjustments to attunement. The number of attunement slots you have scales, and more items require attunement than usual.

Honestly you could just run Eberron by making common and uncommon magic items for sale for the DMG's prices. Put them up against tougher challenges than usual to match, since Eberron is based around heroics anyway.
>>
>>49729700
>PF above 3.5
>PF not last
Naisu beito
>>
>>49729795
It should be impossible, since it's in their very nature to be evil. They don't have an alignment, they are their alignment. Or in other words, they don't have anything you can convert.
>>
>>49729968
I don't speak degenerate weeaboo anon, but i recently learned faggot in an effort to communicate better. Try that, I suspect it's your native language based on your incorrect opinions.
>>
>>49729976
well....shit. Thank you on the info though.
>>
>>49729795
Depends on the setting. In most groups I'd imagine the dm work with you, since people who care about forgotten realms and it's shit tier lore are a small minority.
>>
>>49729163
catapult makes it a dex save.
>>
>>49729163
If you're a conjuration mage the alchemist fire bottles are literally free.
>>
>>49729968
I want to believe he meant another stuff, nobody is that retard.
>>
>>49730050

I don't think I've ever had access to catapult in the situations I wanted to use Alchemist's Fire. I should play more casters.

>>49730071

I DM sometimes, and I certainly wouldn't allow myself to do that. That's some bogus shit.
>>
/tg/ how would I as a woodcarver bard go about creating a magic item that would let me have a permanent Unseen Servant?

I'm thinking something like a flute, that can cast unseen servant if played for ten minutes, and then instruct the servant to perform a job and if it takes more than 49 minutes, let him play the flute, and instruct the next servant on the same command until the task is finished
>>
>>49730110
I dm all the time and don't see any reason not to allow it. It works raw, and is totally in line with how that class feature is meant to be used.

Why do you think it is crazy?
>>
>>49730012
>literally the same system
>literary no fix
>literally the same trap options
>but add CMD that kills martials even more than in 3.5
>2nd best edition
I r8 8/8 m8
>>
>>49730180

Because I don't consider a combination of alchemical reagents in a bottle with a stopper to constitute "an" (singular) object, but rather many objects.
>>
>>49730194
>>49729968
Don't reply he's obviously trying to get (you) s
>>
>>49730209
That's actually retarded. It's a single object in the rules. You may as well rule that no object is a single object because it is made of atoms.

You say you dm sometimes? Stop. Spare your players.
>>
>>49730194
The thing about of that makes it better is they actually did fun stuff with the classes. It doesn't fix the issues of 3.5, true. But it's still an improvement in other ways. And count nigga, it's the third best option.
>>
>>49730260

I think your interpretation is retarded. I don't think it's very interesting or fun to just have some random level 2 spawn unlimited bags of gold. That's an object too, "a bag of gold," no different from a bottle filled with something.

I'll have to return your advice back to you as well, friend.
>>
>>49730288
>2. Pf
>2.
>>
>>49729919
Explain to me why I should play a game in the Eberron setting. Gimme more than just a line or two.
>>
>>49729069

5e is all Forgotten Realms. You want Eberron then you got to home brew it with the scant info WotC has provided/
>>
>>49730344
Read the feature. You have one conjured item at a time. It disappears after one hour, damage taken (which actually makes the utility with catapult minimal, because catapult explicitly deals damage to the object), or if you use the feature again.

There are also weight and volume limits, so no infinite bags of gold.

The item appears magical, and radiates dim light, so any gold you do conjure is going to be suspect.

If you aren't willing to read the class features, you certainly shouldn't dm.
>>
>>49730350
Read the line above it, and count how many options are tied for position 1.
>>
>>49730438
Well, is there any good homebrews for Eberron classes and races? The UA stuff looked shakey
>>
File: Eberron-cg.jpg (621KB, 1600x1447px) Image search: [Google]
Eberron-cg.jpg
621KB, 1600x1447px
>>49730383
Lots of intrigue baked-in. There's tons of groups doing shit, good and bad, that can be baked into a campaign. Nationalist terrorists, dragon and demon illuminatis, corrupted churches, magic nobility trying to further their economic holds, and more.

Emphasis on rich history for world-spanning adventures, dungeon delving with emphasis on historical events, jungle exploration looking into ancient empires of giants.

Unique takes on a lot of various D&D monsters. Dragons are distant and not bound to their alignment, rakshasa are immortal illuminati demons, goblins and bugbears don't just live in caves but even have their own nation and once controlled the entire main continent, and more.

Airships and trains and teleportation circles make world-spanning campaign not just encouraged but accessible.

Open mysteries with room for the DM's input such as the Day of Mourning, the outcomes of the Draconic Prophecy, etc.

A unique planar layout where the equivalent of the standard planes make up the setting's 12 moons.

Unique races such as changelings, shifters, and warforged that expand on the standard selection of races.

And most of all it's a static setting so the lore of the two editions it has been are largely interchangeable.
>>
>>49730540
As a DM who doesn't have time to homebrew campaigns, I'd kill for an Eberron Adventure Path that's around the same length as Princes of the Apocalyse (running PotA in Eberron isn't the same thing).
>>
>>49730540
In my group there are two dedicated elf players. Describe the elfs to me so I know what I'm going to have to be dealing with.
>>
>>49730621
The elves in the other humanoid societies are pretty standard, integrating with the rest of the shorter-lived races. Elves tend to be aloof and high-and-mighty (standard elf stuff) and believe in ancestor worship, think traditional Chinese mythology.

The ones from Valenar are warriors who split off from one of the big countries during the war. They're more aggressive than most elves, taking a more active place in the world.

The ones from Aerenal are more traditionally distant. They worship their ancestors in the form of the near-undead Deathless, serving as advisors and being worshiped as their own functional pantheon (the Undying Court).
>>
NEW THREAD >>49730770

NEW THREAD >>49730770

NEW THREAD >>49730770
>>
>>49725475
Im sorry but " fluff over crunch?"
>>
>>49726490

> muh meaningless full attack

> action surge DESTROY EVERYTHING YOUR FIGHTING SO MUCH DAMAGE RAWRRR FEEL MUH POWAHHH

Fuck this shitty 4e degeneration. Boring ass pre-packaged combat that you faggot feel bad-ass for winning. If I was DM I would crush your party with level-appropriate encounters then piss on your fuckin character sheets.

Effortlessly.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.