[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been playing a lot of darkest dungeon lately, has anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I've been playing a lot of darkest dungeon lately, has anyone tried mixing COC and dnd or another system at any point?

Any tips?
>>
>>49713149
I think there is a system called torchbearer, which does many aspects of the game. The creators have acknowledged it and might, maybe, not sure, possibly do a crossover afaik.
>>
>>49713149
In 3.5 Unearthed Arcana had the rules for madness/sanity and shit, the rest you can cook in homebrew or just pick up from monster manuals. Lamentations of the Flame Princess is also a good source for weird dnd or weird fantasy stuff in general.

Also anon, why the fuck are you playing Dankest Dungeon? This game is nothing but a cesspool of grind and false promises. No amount of atmospheric art or narration can remedy that bullshit. Ave Celerity.
>>
>>49713149
You're a moron trying to mix CoC and D&D. Use CoC and RuneQuest 6 at least.

I would recommend Blades in the Dark though. Urban dark fantasy about growing an organization whose employees frequently get fucked up and stresss out on missions.
>>
>>49713617
If you homebrewed a Darkest Dungeon-esque Adventurer's Guild as one of the organisation types in Blades in the Dark, it could probably work quite well.
>>
>>49713327

The Sanity system is just lifted wholesale from Call of Cthulhu, it just uses a different base stat.
>>
>>49713149
No, you are literally the first person ever to come up with the groundbreaking and revolutionary idea of a fantasy horror RPG.

Congratulations.
>>
>>49713149
>Hey /tg/, I want to play Darkest Soulsbourne as an RPG

The reason these threads never go anywhere is because these videogames are deeply rooted in being a singleplayer experience and TRPGs are multiplayer. Its tricky to recreate the dark fantasy horror feel at the table, and the mechanics of these videogames makes little to no sense in a TRPG context.
>>
>>49716818
>deeply rooted in being a singleplayer experience
It's more than that, they're deeply rooted in being VIDEO GAMES.
>>
>>49713252
Of Torchbearer or Darkest Dungeon?
>>
>>49713149
lotfp

you'd have to homebrew sanity and stress mechanics though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.