[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Force of Will TCG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: forceofwill.jpg (393KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
forceofwill.jpg
393KB, 1920x1080px
Let's have a force of will discussion. How does it stack up against the other major card games?
>>
I love the game and the fat anime tiddy art makes me love it even more, but the game has stagnated and it's at the point where the game can go one of two ways: FoW dies or it steps its shit up and grows at a faster rate than it did a year ago.

FoW needs to stop overprinting cards and including foil super rares in every other pack. Card shops, and by extension card games, thrive on the aftermarket, but when you can get whatever card you want in a box, then the aftermarket is nonexistent, hence stores don't make money, they drop the game, the game dies. I'm lucky enough to live in an area where the game has a healthy following, but that's not the case in other parts of the country (America).

FoW also needs to bring in more originality. Start printing brand new cards instead of just printing four different variants of the same cards over and over.
>>
>>49711233

It doesn't. /thread
>>
>>49711233
I have literally never heard of this game before.

So, no.
>>
FOW = LOLI tcg.
>>
does anyone know how to use the battle simulator with a program like tunngle or evolve?
>>
>>49712036

Somebody else has seen the Alpha Investments video I see.

Here's the thing though, Rudy: why the fuck don't you simply sell packs? That's the way these products are meant to be sold, isn't it? You get packs from a supplier and sell them at a markup. You sell a lot of non-collectible shit at your store, right? Warhammer and such? So how the fuck do you make profit off of that shit when there's no secret mythic ultra rares to open? Enlighten me, Rudy, because that part makes no sense to me.
>>
File: ZERO.jpg (129KB, 450x640px) Image search: [Google]
ZERO.jpg
129KB, 450x640px
>>49711233

It has one element that I wish games like Magic stole: all foils are full art, and promo foils have the girls take their pants off. That's legitimately good. The main problem with "premium" cards in Magic has been that they actually look shittier than the regular cards.

As for the game itself, I have no idea. I'm turned off by all these nip CCGs mechanics-wise, because they all feel too abstract for me. Numbers games, raise one number and activate one ability to lower a number. I need more context for the numbers to have fun. I need them to mean something, or pretend they do at least. Same problem I had with Weiss-Schwarz and what else.
>>
I've been wanting to get into this game especially since it turned out my LGS has tournaments. Is it worth getting into though? I mean does it have a healthy player base? I heard game is discontinued in Japan so I don't think that bodes well for the game's future.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>49711233

I am a little interested in the game, when I went to fan expo a kiosk was promoting it and was handing out free duel decks (peter pan vs Hook). I did some research and Valentina is waifu tier, I would definitely make a deck around her.

problem is, it doesn't seem to have much resell value and there isn't much in the way of variety. it seems kinda like yugioh, just fast paced 1v1 and nothing else. at least with magic I can play modern, standard, legacy, commander, or tag team.

The card art is sexy though. pic related.
>>
>>49715850
Rudy's a butthurt cunt because he's an """""investor""""" and can't make money off the game. However, he makes a point as to why stores are dropping the game. All FoW needs to do is slow down on printing rares and super rares. As a player -- not an investor -- I love the fact that I can buy three packs and be guaranteed two super rares, but he has a point.

He's mad because he can't channel his inner Jew. I'm mad because my waifu game is dying.
>>
>>49716505
The player base is hit or miss. There are areas where it has a healthy following and there are areas where it's fucking dead. There is no in between.

>>49717074
If you're in it to play and collect waifus, it's good and relatively cheap. If you're in it to make a buck, stick with Magic and YGO.
>>
>>49716505
Dunno if it's discontinued or not, but it's not a good sign when no online sellers carry the japanese version of the cards (singles nor sealed products), not even japan based one.
>>
>>49718254
Japs are mad because they lost worlds and three of the finalists were American
>>
File: Athena, Titan of Revenge.png (1MB, 815x1110px) Image search: [Google]
Athena, Titan of Revenge.png
1MB, 815x1110px
I've been waiting on a thread for a while.
I'm revamping my beast tribal and I'm trying to think of a good ruler. I'm thinking Blazer Gill Rabis. Free red so I don't have to wait on dual stones to cast lighting strikes or Pricia Pursuant. Also enables some other red sideboard cards. This also might let me run some dee

I'm also thinking of building Red/White, but not sure on where to go. Maybe something like round table.

Where the fuck can I find any news source on latest decks god damn? It's like all the sites just stopped covering what's topping.
>>
>>49718270
>mad
they probably don't give a damn. heck, most of them don't even know this tcg exists.
>>
I took a solid break when A4 came out because I just couldn't deal starting turn 2 with 2500 life or get turn 3 Huang Long'd and I'm looking to get back in. Is the meta too new for tiers right now?
>>
File: PA080002.jpg (2MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
PA080002.jpg
2MB, 2000x1500px
>somewhat interested in the game
>browse through the cards in the junk common pile in a game store to see what the game is like
>shit art of varying quality for most of the cards, some of the art are really amateur
>shit foiling

Back to Vanguard I go if I want an animu (waifu) game with more player base.
>>
>>49715903
But Force of Will plays almost exactly like Magic, anon. The only difference is you always have a Commander and your lands are in a separate deck. That's actually what set us on FoW.
>>
>>49718930
Red/White Blazer Knights is super fun. My deck is far from optimized (because having Lancelot in your Rukh Egg deck doesn't make it a Knights deck), but it's still strong enough to handle a lot of net brews. I'll post a list if you want, Blazer helps your stone curve a ton in Knights, since they can all be Light.
>>
>>49718153
>he has a point.

No. He doesn't. There is literally no possible benefit to the players from the cards being harder to get.

If the stores can't get a profit by simply selling packs, not opening them for singles or (((((investing)))))) in cards but simply selling the packs at a set markup, there's something shady going on at that store. 'Cause that's literally the way you're supposed to sell ALL these games. Anything else is fucking with the market to the detriment of the player base.
>>
>>49717074
>problem is, it doesn't seem to have much resell value

You REALLY shouldn't be into games because of "resell value". Games are about entertainment value. Anybody playing cardboard stocks with CCG cards should just neck themselves.
>>
>>49720871
Yeah the art can be a bit dodgy but no one plays Vanguard where I live. There are zero stores for it.
Fuck Vanguard's secondary market too.
>>
I want to fuck Piruruk.
>>
>>49721086
The more Rudy talks about his shop makes it sound less like a game shop with room to play and more of a collectors shop. Like a vintage video game shop that also happens to sell cards in binders. That might be the reason for no packs. Stupid when comic stores and gamestops sell packs but some places are stingy like that.
>>
How would you guys expand the FoW playerbase? The only thing that I would say people could be interested in, besides waifus, is that the game is cheap. This game is more oriented to players, not resellers, this isn't mtg or yugi.
>>
>>49721086
Except a game can't live off the primary market alone when it's player base is only ~30,000 worldwide. It needs an aftermarket to keep LGSs interested, but when I can pull three Sabers per box, there's no need for an aftermarket.
>>
I want to fuck Piruluk.
>>
>>49722886

Remind MTG players how ridiculous powerlevels are in this game. Theyre trying to tone it down a bit, but jesus powerlevels are fucking retarded. Makes it more fun and makes piloting almost more important that deckbuilding.

>>49719030

So you basically got out right when they turned AGPs(and indirectly, nearly all ARGs) into Alice Cluster only. The meta changed a good bit, but r//r was still king. They tried to fix that, and had it completely backfire. BFA made stealth very much a thing, to where nearly any black deck is running it now, and forced a ban on Seer in Wanderer(T3 Pumpkin Witch into 6 12/12s is gross, but not as gross as mom and dad with sign and other old standbys being a thing). CFC brought a lot of new shit, most of which Im enjoying the fuck out of. Oh, and dont bother buying BFA boxes unless you just enjoy cracking packs. Pretty shit aside from a select few cards.

>>49717074

Val 2.0 Regalia spam is very much a deck right now. Though it does have 2 very hard answers. 1 you're extra fucked unless you're running the sacred beasts variant, the other can be countered to varying degrees of success.
>>
>want to support game
>tournaments are on Wednesday
>have night class Wednesday nights
>>
File: IMG_20161011_013238.jpg (998KB, 2400x3200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161011_013238.jpg
998KB, 2400x3200px
I don't know how popular FoW is in Japan, but the Japanese deck I bought does raise a few questions.

Speaking of which, do any Z/X websites exist? Wouldn't mind to read something about it beyond the card stats.
>>
>>49728092
I bought that deck solely so I could have an easy access to a playset of lightning strikes with two of them being foil.
>>
>>49728244
Now that you mention it, that Japanese deck had no foils at all, even though I assumed it would be the same deal as the English one. Guess it wasn't cheaper just because of the language.
>>
>>49728461

I think you got the base version, not the deluxe which most everyone got. Was it closer to 15USD than 30?
>>
It's like a fast version of EDH but the main game. It has mana in a seperate deck so you don't get mana screwed. I think that it is pretty fun personally as the EDH meta around me is pretty bad (Please stop insisting that everyone should play against your 100% proxied Maelstrom Wanderer deck). I don't care about the anime bullshit, but I like how every card is full art, unlike MTG and YuGiOh which have stuck with tiny pictures since the 90's. The fairy-tail themed fluff is pretty nice as well.
>>
>>49720871
I fucking love VG but i hate the secondary market
The hype price level for messiahs back then were stupid expensive despite being a mediocre deck.
>>
>>49730668
That's because speculatorfags use Vanguard as nothing more but a stock market.
>>
File: 1475945486117.jpg (31KB, 436x404px) Image search: [Google]
1475945486117.jpg
31KB, 436x404px
>>49724781
>>
>>49721086
Do you realize that people can buy boxes online, at just pennies above wholesale value? Most stores that I know of get their revenue from boxes through children and sealed events. Kids don't have credit cards to order online, and I don't think I need to explain how they get cash from drafts.

The player base for this game seems too small for any kind of limited to be viable, and these cards don't seem to be designed with kids in mind (the art at least). But I just walked into this thread because I was curious about the game so what do I know.
>>
>get job
>work Friday's so no mtg
>desperate for any form of human interaction that isn't from class or work
>previously played fow, dropped it because I got too busy
>scope out different store
>player base consists of undesirable vapefags, weebs, and cringe filled teens
Guess I'm not playing force of will. I'm not that desperate yet.
>>
File: P8120938.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px)
P8120938.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>49728092
>I don't know how popular FoW is in Japan

Not popular at all. I've been to Japan 3 times in the past 2 years. I've never seen any of the card shops (from big card shop chains to smaller no name ones) selling singles for FoW in Japan.

That's a really bad sign for trading card games.
>>
>>49735336
kinda mirrors what this guy said. >>49718254
>>
>>49721086
Stores will not take risk of unsold boxes dropping to half of the msrp. Yeah, it might live by using walmart as it's distribution chain but say goodbye to playing and having tourneys at lgs.
>>
>>49720893
>Ripping off MtG to feed on price refugees from the various MtG formats was LITERALLY this games only selling point.

Gee no fucking wonder it didn't do very fucking well. They took MtG and changed some (ie like 10) rules around, and put anime tiddies on it and sold it to people. How in the fuck is that a recipe for anything other than shit like >>49731860 to form around it.
Japan CANNOT make Card Games for shit. YGO and Pokemon did happen but for its first six years of life the Pokemon TCG was produced by WOTC. I don't get why YGO is so popular but apparently it is the exception to the rule.
You then have about 1000000000 Garbage CCGs, (Wiess and others) that get churned out by the Nips which inevitably fall off and die. FOW at this point falls into this category.
>>
>>49724781
Your game will NEVER come to the states, for the EXACT reason which you state there. You have to fucking know this. Why do you continue to go on and spread your retarded meme around? You are only making your situation worse.
>>
>>49735336
So what MtG clone are they playing now that Duel Masters is dead?
>>
>>49721086
>There is literally no possible benefit to the players from the cards being harder to get.
Stores not dropping the game entirely seems like a pretty big benefit.

>If the stores can't get a profit by simply selling packs
If the value of the cards in the packs aren't worth the pack's MSRP then no one will pay for it.

>>49722380
Rudy definetly sells packs. Watch his video on how to get a store running. One of the first advice he gives is to make sure that your store is full of products, even if they aren't attractive or expensive products, as it makes you look more professional and even packs from shitty sets like Dragon's Maze will sell in a brick and mortar store.
>>
>>49735679
>Your game will NEVER come to the states

And that's a good thing. How's his desire to fuck Piruluk related to this, though? You mean the card art is too indecent for the stronghold of virtuousness that is the West or what?
>>
>>49735811
He states his desire to fuck Piruluk (what in the fuck is that?) in literally EVERY thread.He is also the guy whom is desperate to see whatever game she comes from translated to the states.
His meme is so stale it hurts.
>>
>>49711233
So I built Zero as human tribal, with Grimm and Pandora. I have a nearly finished Sun Wukong deck, that needs two more copies of Red Riding hood, and maybe some card swaps once we see what's in Legacy Lost. I'm working on building light/dark fairytales with Millium, using the Otohime combo, and considering going mono-colored on light stones and playing captain hook as well, with Neverland and just hoping I don't exile too many treasure boxes.
>>
>>49729043
Yeah, it was. The store didn't have any other version in Japanese, though, just in English. Since I couldn't actually see them (I bought it online), I assumed it's cheaper because it's in Japanese.

>Japan CANNOT make Card Games for shit.
The card game stores say otherwise. It's a huge industry, and not just because the cards are cute, people actually play them, too. Weiss Schwarz is pretty bad, but there are a few good ones, like Wixoss. Really, if you consider just how many CCGs they make, it's no wonder that a few of them actually end up being great.
>>
>>49735666
>I don't get why YGO is so popular
Anime and Manga and countless video games. Pretty much a very similar pathway like pokemon.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.