[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GM music abuse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 312319846461.gif (67KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
312319846461.gif
67KB, 380x380px
>the GM uses background music
>this is fine but he draws the fuck out of RP scenes cause he wants every damn moment to be in tune to the score

You're the god damn GM, not fucking John Williams. Just say the damn king restored his awareness and free will after being corrupted by his vizier. Don't drag out the damn thing by describing EVERY DAMN MOVE HE DOES to the music of Lord of the Rings.

Last session took a fucking drag during combat in the final parts cause he wanted to sync the music of Gandalf's arrival to Helm's Deep from Two Towers and describe how we saved the day on horseback. Just tell me we saved the entire army by flanking on horseback, don't let us sit our asses down and see you express that damn fan-film you've been wanting to imagine in your head. You're not impressing anyone, you're just wasting everyone's time. STOP IT.
>>
that is absolutely tragic
but you need to tell him, not us, he probably still thinks it's cool
>>
File: 1474439995686.jpg (344KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
1474439995686.jpg
344KB, 1500x843px
>>49710474
So music thread?

I have the FIRST LEGIT BOSS fight coming up and was wondering if some one could share a score to help set the scene of a large throne room only lit by the raging lightining strom thats happening outside the windows.

Any other music scores, advice, dumps, or help in general would be great.
>>
>>49711032

What's the theme of your campaign? What does the throne room look like?

Details, anon! If I toss in suggestions only to learn your throne room is part of some dreadful castle at the far reaches from civilization, my suggestions might not fit it.
>>
Nice blogpost, faggot.
>>
Talk to the GM about it. I can see how focusing too much on music and forcing your players to sit around while they sync shit up can be lame.
>>
>>49711366
The castle is located in a hilly region that is wealthy simply from copper veins. The Duke who rules such has been corrupted by the BBEG groups dark cleric and has vrown bloated, vile, and fused to his large copper throne. He recently sacraficed his whole city in a ritual to gain more power, but genie rules apply. The doors they are about to go through are copper plated, silver detailed about 10 feet high. Throne room is cold and damp, frost clinging to the corners of the ordimented stain glass windows. These windows hold the thundering blizzard outside at bay. The room is dark execpt for any light that shine through the door and across the blood stained marble floors. A cold, unnatural draft seeps from the throne bring the stench of rot and decay. The door will slam closed after I describe the Duke and the Dark Cleric gets teleported out by another sinister looking ritual. The boss himself is fused to the throne, but has 75hp+ 3 regen strikes with a master crafted, gold plated scepter held in an extra jointed, 10 foot arm thats hidden under his gowns. Ranged attack is a hand crossbow of seeking. Special ability is a gust of arcane wind that throws pcs back and gives negatives to ranged for 1 turn.
>>
>>49712137
Same guy

Thanks for the help btw. The theme is based off a high fantasy Conan world in which fiefdoms, plutocrats, religious figures and icons fall as fast as others can rise. There's been a big push to the great woods to the north and with it more conflict with tribes and discovery of forgotten citys/relics/towers/monsters. The north is more of a over blown New York winter of 25°f with tons of snow rather than a Wisconsin winter that gets -35 and only a couple feet. Super comfy main base at the cross roads of trade which is guarded by a fort which is another 60 miles north of the hilly plains where the dukes city is located.
>>
I once put on a 10-hour ambient thunderstorm youtube... That was pretty good.

I don't do actual music though, too distracting.
>>
http://www.ambient-mixer.com/

I remember one that was similar to this but had a black background. I can't find it annoyingly.
>>
>>49710474
Good ambient music can be good, and I've done a good few character themes, but never that extensive Jesus

tell him to calm down and put his music dick in his pants
>>
>>49713012
https://mynoise.net/
Found it
>>
File: 1340433133397.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1340433133397.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
>>49710474
I just kill the roll20 playback and have some WoW ost on repeat, or something.
>>49712758
https://rainymood.com/
>>49713012
>>49713063
noice
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.