[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he a Paladin or a Cleric?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: Final_Form.png (328KB, 450x823px)
Final_Form.png
328KB, 450x823px
Is he a Paladin or a Cleric?
>>
>>49708926
He's a male videogame character made by fucking Disney. What the fuck do you think he is, you pathetic mouthbreathing shitposter?
>>
>>49708926
he's that homebrew class that one player managed to nag you to let him try because "it's totally balanced and fits the setting guiz! it just fits what i want better than any of the classes in the book"
>>
>>49708926
Weeb-shit multiclassing in "Typical Shonen MC" and "Yaoi-bait garbage".
>>
>>49708926
Neither. He's a protagonist.
>>
>>49708926
Neither, he's a Jedi.
>>
>>49708926
Warmage that can use some Tome of Battle maneuvers as spells.
>>
>>49708926
he's a fuccboi that makes my Catholic blood burn hot
>>
>>49709146
with lust?
>>
File: mfw hellfire.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mfw hellfire.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
>>49709175
yeah that to
>>
He's a character in a video game not meant to be emulated by DnD and as such cannot be properly supported by a class system. Same as almost every character in fiction ever that is not a direct influence on DnD.

Unless it's Anima, then he's a Freelancer
>>
>>49709226
>Freelancer
I think you mean Warrior Summoner, anon.
>>
>>49709532
>Warrior Summoner
Nigger his Summons are shit-tier. He's more of a Warlock.
>>
>>49709779
Fair point. But I was leaning more towards his transformations being Incarnations.
>>
>>49709823
Yeah but it completely ignores how often he uses normal Magic, it's not like the fucker has a Sheele Familiar.
He's either a Warlock, or as anon said a Freelancer.
>>
>>49709866
all right, I'll give you Warlock. But he does have some summoning ability.
Maybe Goofy and Donald are his familiars?
>>
>>49709938
Please, Donald and Goofy are characters in their own right, maybe NPCS but still characters.
Goofy is a Weaponsmaster, maybe just a normal Warrior.
Donald is straight up Wizard.
>>
>>49709046
> you pathetic mouthbreathing shitposter
Why again is mouth breathing an insult?
>>
>>49709979
Goofy IS a Weaponmaster, hands down. So maybe the fusion forms are Ki Techs?
>>
>>49710066
Because most people breath through their nose, and breathing through your mouth is considered impolite because it's much louder and creates drool. Because it's considered impolite it, like many other impolite things, got lumped into "Things only complete idiots do".
>>
>>49710087
Honestly? I have no idea how the fusion forms would work.
Considering how they were introduced, a magical outfit, I'm tempted to just throw my hands in the air and say they are caused by an Artifact.
>>
>>49708926
If you're gonna put him in terms of D&D, he's probably a Fighter who dabbled in Sorcerer. I'd say he's an Eldritch Knight but he clearly doesn't use Intelligence.

>>49709046
Technically he was made by Tetsuya Nomura. Disney wanted Donald Duck to be the protagonist.
>>
>>49710146
Magic outfit + the fact that he's just bursting at the seams with hearts at this point.
>>
>>49710146
Well, Prometheum Exxet does cover paired artifacts, like the splinter tracker, gate keys and erebuskaikel. So that's entirely possible.
Oh wait wait! Creation magic has the Fuse spell. The artifact works like that!
>>
>>49710227
The problem with that is "Why does fusing give him a second Keyblade?"
>>
>>49710066
Because it's considered impolite to have to keep pausing mid sentence to breath.
>>
>>49710184
>Donald Fuck

Wait, I thought that Nomura originally wanted Mickey to be the mc, Disney rejected the idea, and the original concept for Sora (as a lion) was created afterwards.

Did Disney really want the most annoying character in their repertoire to be the mc of a huge videogame franchise?
>>
>>49710250
Because Roxas is inside Sora and Xion is inside Roxas and Ven is inside Sora.
Sora would probably be quad-wielding in KH3
>>
>>49710250
He gets them from one the 12 or so other people stored inside him. Maybe give him another artifact that allows him to draw someone from elsewhere into the fusion.

>>49710313
Nah mate, he's all about weapon transformations now. So he's gonna be dual wielding sword-guns while standing on a sword-hoverboard with other swords flying around him and doing musical numbers.
>>
>>49710287
Remember, this is the series that turned Goofy into an MVP with his ability to restore MP.

>>49710250
Funfact, when Roxas dual-wields the keyblades against Axel, he's mechanically using the Valor form.
>>
>>49710287
Did they actually plan big on the first game? It's rather different in tone and structure compared to what the series became when it got big.

Or maybe Disney just wanted to promote an established character rather than take risk with a new one.
>>
>>49710348
>musical numbers
Don't. Say. Those. Words. Again.
I thank the mute-button deities for allowing me to get through Atlantis unscathed.
>>
>>49708926
Honestly, Ranger with favored enemy and shit. Probably multiclassing into some weird Swordmage class.
>>
>>49710578
You forgot the whole pet raising from the kinda-newest game? And the entire world made out of a musical? It's only gonna get worse.
>>
>>49708926
He's a swordsage.
>>
>>49710348
>He gets them from one the 12 or so other people stored inside him.
Correct. His normal keyblade is Terra's keyblade; his Valor/Master/Final keyblade is Ven's keyblade.

>>49710313
If I remember correctly, Roxas was using Ven's keyblade and face, while Xion was using the unconscious Sora's/Terra's. If anything, he's gonna lose dual-wielding as soon as Ven wakes up.

Kingdom Hearts is fun to play (it's been my guilty pleasure for years now), but after a while the story makes no goddamn sense.

>>49710287
The executives at Square wanted Mickey Mouse to be the protagonist. Nomura kinda told 'em "lemme do my thing".
>>
>>49710721
Dude, I only played 1 and 2. I haven't touched any of the other games. Nor do I plan to, for that matter.

STILL trying to ace all the Gummi Ship courses in 2.
Fuck the giant wheel.
>>
>>49710822
>but after a while the story makes no goddamn sense.
That seems to be somewhat intentional. They try to constantly one-up themselves in scale and wonder with no regards for consistency or story telling.

>>49710893
Good decision. They basicly retconned everything into the ongoing story that's still not finished.
>>
You know, this has got me thinking: if I wanted to run a KH tabletop game, what system would I run it in? My first thought would be BESM, but I'm not sure that gets the 'feel' right.

Any thoughts or experiences?
>>
>>49710983
Can't give a direct recomendation because I only ran play-by-post, but the first thing to would be to decide what level of wackyness and crazy shit you want. I've seen people approach the game with lots of different interpreations on what's possible which will lead to pointless arguing if the party isn't on the same boat.

Maybe redo the setting like we tried in the last thread.
>>
>>49710946
>Good decision. They basically retconned everything into the ongoing story that's still not finished.
Yeesh. Doubly glad I didn't pick them up, then.

>>49710983
As one of the two or three chumps in this thread discussing it, I'd say Anima: Beyond Fantasy could do it pretty well, mostly because it's already built for over-the-top silliness(including rules for fighting an entire army of foes [God that fight in 2 was a blast]), and literally all of the keyblades would not look even the slightest bit out of place in the core setting.
Only downsides are its slightly-more-mathy-than-most-are-used-to combat and its front-heavy learning curve.
>>
>>49710287
DD is the most popular Disney character around if you look at the global market.
He's half of the comic book sales in Europe by himself.
>>
File: ieWls60.jpg (471KB, 980x1480px) Image search: [Google]
ieWls60.jpg
471KB, 980x1480px
>>49711160
That's because the Ducks are a family of badasses.
>>
File: KHsummary.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
KHsummary.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49710893
I just happen to have been working on this, so you're in luck.
>>
>>49710893
I actually forgot the best thing: the main villain is mirror universe spock. Goatee, pointy ears, voiced by Leonard Nimoy. Actually decent character that could have made a perfect counterpart to the heroes since the same thing that made them adventures made him into a villain.

They retconned him into a generic mastermind and the ten times we've beaten him were totally part of his plan, I promise man.
>>
>>49711497
>>49711705
Ugh.
>>
>>49714831
Speaking of main villain, Xigbar? He's already half-xehanort! That's why he was No. 2 in Organization 13
>>
File: tumblr_nvqgzeT47h1r8ebpco2_540.jpg (76KB, 540x449px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvqgzeT47h1r8ebpco2_540.jpg
76KB, 540x449px
>>49708926
>Early training and practice as a fighter type person, but still mostly a kid playing with sticks who play-fights with other stick-fighting kids and some other chidish styles like underwatter rugbee fighting and jump-rope mauling.
>Picks up genuine combat very easily, though relies on Artifact/Legacy weapon to carry him through the early levels.
>Quickly picks up magic about the same time from a more experienced magician, though their Fighter companion also guides him some in defensive tactics.
>His own style becomes more evasive, less confrontational in terms of defending himself unless using spells.
>Learns a variety of skills and abilities, with his advancement being clearly diverse and dependent on his path through the adventure in what he picks up.
>Even cultivates some ship/engineering know-how with the chipmonks.

I wanna say you're looking at a classless point-buy system with a 1-on-1 game where the DM's allowing the PC's to have a Lot of available resources after an initial low-power starting area.

If insisting on classes, I'd say PF's Magus with the Bladebound archetype, and maybe another to put him on a Cha casting stat or pick up healing spells since I remember making use of those quite a bit.

The Drive forms are variant rules the DM works with and function like alternative point-spreads or temporary gestalt effects.
>>
>>49715653
Oh, and converted to Spell Points with Recharge Magic rules.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.