[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 126

File: Magic Primer (+1).png (2MB, 1401x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Primer (+1).png
2MB, 1401x1800px
Combat tricks edition!

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>49677384
>>
File: Sap Strength.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sap Strength.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
Blue: "So, this is the combat trick, huh?"
Black: "Removal, Blue. A trick is something a whore does for money."
>>
File: 74.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
74.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>49708433
needlessly complex designs are lame.
>>
>>49708494
>I can't think of anything meaningful to say, so I'm just going to shitpost with a completely inaccurate comparison.
OR, you could make your own, better version of it.
>>
File: Sap Strength.png (284KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sap Strength.png
284KB, 375x523px
>>49708433
>>49708527
>OR, you could make your own, better version of it.
k
>>
File: Stirring Martyr.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stirring Martyr.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Axed the previous red rare, went another direction.
>>
File: Kaine the Scarlet Spider.jpg (112KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kaine the Scarlet Spider.jpg
112KB, 752x523px
Had to change this around since Regen is dead. Wondering if I should adjust the cost. Previous version only got you the spider counter on it when it regened.
>>
File: custom card challenge.png (336KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
custom card challenge.png
336KB, 1600x1000px
Rolled 8, 6, 9, 9, 8 = 40 (5d10)

Oh, and here's the challenge chart.
>>
File: 8 6 9 9 8.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
8 6 9 9 8.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Rolled 5, 1, 6, 9, 1 = 22 (5d10)

>>49709603
Multicolor (GU), creature, token gen, CMC 6+, rare.

OK.
>>
File: Power of Faith.png (232KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Power of Faith.png
232KB, 375x523px
rahh

commons :|
>>
>>49709800
Never been a fan of the tricolor piping. Also, not really seeing a great justification for this being tricolor. You could make it mono-White. Maybe incorporate some -N/-N? Give your creatures some keywords?
>>
File: redwhitecyclething.jpg (318KB, 1506x525px) Image search: [Google]
redwhitecyclething.jpg
318KB, 1506x525px
Working on a enemy color set for my first actual set I'm making.

How do these guys look? I feel like the common is too wordy, and the uncommon is too weak. Also ignore the borders and the edit mode boxes, they're only a temp thing.
>>
>prowess triggrs on artifacts
huh... I forgot about that
>>
File: Dude.png (261KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dude.png
261KB, 375x523px
>>49709921
>Recruit
Could just be a 2/2 with vigilance, and would still be a small bit behind the curve. See Cerodon Yearling. Also not very red.

>Captain
+0/+1 is basically useless with double strike.

also
*cough*
>and the uncommon is too weak.
*cough*
FOUR TARGETED DAMAGE ON A FUCKING STICK WTF ARE YOU DOING?!

>Commander
Kewl mechanic, but something about paying 6 mana for a 1/1 with vigilance feels... uh... bad.

>Aliax
Solid design. I like your use of each color of the devotion going a different direction. Very solid.

Straight up about the rare guy, the Commander

if you remove vigilance, keep the other two effects and make this cost just RW, I would be excited as heck for the potential of the card in constructed. As it is now, it is u to the seless.
>>
>>49709966
it also triggers on enchantments & planeswalkers :^0
>>
>>49710095
For some reason I did always attribute enchantments to prowess because they were sort of magical too
>>
File: Alfred Pennyworth Butler3.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred Pennyworth Butler3.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>49709921
How do you not know that you can just export images?
>>
File: newandimprovedmaybe.jpg (271KB, 1500x523px) Image search: [Google]
newandimprovedmaybe.jpg
271KB, 1500x523px
>>49710152
I forgot. Same reason why I accidentally left it on edit mode.

>>49710005
Aight, thanks for the advice, anon.

Fixed commander, changed uncommon but might completely redo, and remade recruit into Devilthorn Fox's autistic cousin. I also threw together Aliax-in-a-bottle, but it'll probably be scrapped.
>>
File: Unt Confessor.png (284KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Unt Confessor.png
284KB, 375x523px
>>49709800
I swear this fuckin' RWB common slot has been such a pain in the grass :^|

I'll figure it out eventually...
>>
File: Cyberdemon.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberdemon.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>49710275
I think Commander needs to go
>0/0
>~ gets +X/+Y, where X is your devotion to Red, and Y is your devotion to White.
>>
>>49710486
I could be wrong, but I think +X/+Y is mostly for triggered effects, where as "* is equal to ___" is more for actual power/toughness.
>>
>>49710537
OK, the problem I'm seeing with what he has though is that it uses */* but the value of each variable is different, when usually, they're the same. And you can use +1/+1 or +X/+X instead of */*, there are some Bestow creatures that use that wording.
>>
>>49710575
>it uses */* but the value of each variable is different,
* is not a variable. It means that the value should be referenced somewhere else.

It works fine. * is not like X. Notice how no card with * says "* is equal to."

It references power/toughness directly instead.
>>
>>49708494
> this is why these threads go ignored for after a while
>>
File: Option Route.png (286KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Option Route.png
286KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49712115
I like it. Maybe not at common though.
>>
File: Touch of Ith.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Touch of Ith.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>49712115
Removal from combat tricks?
>>
File: cards1.jpg (438KB, 2250x523px) Image search: [Google]
cards1.jpg
438KB, 2250x523px
How's the wording / power level on these? Reworked Krampus from the input the other day and tried to give him a third ability.
>>
>>49712766
I'd change Gift of Innocence to
>Choose one--
>:: You gain 2 life.
>:: Target opponent gains 2 life. You gain 4 life.
or
>Target player gains 2 life. If that player isn't you, you gain two life.

>Naughty Verdict
These sorts of mana-checking spells (like the Eventide hybrids) check on resolution, so they have odd and unintuitive targeting requirements. Naughty Verdict as written can't be cast without declaring a two targets (a creature, and a creature with power or toughness 1). Keep this in mind if that isn't intended behavior.

>Lit Chimney
Normally "that player or that creature's controller" (see Chain Lightning). Also, Gift is a subtype, so its capitalized.

>The Gift Within
Again, Gift is capitalized.

>Krampus
We've already gone off the rails with drawing other peoples cards, but this is wacky Cube land, so whatever. This is actually a really cool design, I like it. Technically speaking, Wizards only uses "any number" for dividing quantities greater than four. It's
>Draw up to three cards divided as you choose from among one, two, or three target players' libraries.
God that's a weird sentence, grammar wise. Check me on that, somebody else.
>>
>>49712887
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, I'll get those corrected
>>
File: Cross Stunt.png (229KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cross Stunt.png
229KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Talir Zealous Revolutionary.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Talir Zealous Revolutionary.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Updated the RW faction leader, who now actually uses the revamped RW faction mechanic.
>>
>>49714597
That seems like a much worse version of the previous mechanic.
>>
>>49714673
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>49714728
It has the incredibly inelegant "if it's your turn" clause. Behaves drastically different depending on whether you're attacking or defending. And can't actually ambush anything when you use it on your turn.
>>
>>49714853
>Behaves drastically different depending on whether you're attacking or defending.
Well, yeah. On offense it allows you to surprise attack, and on defense it allows you to surprise block.
>can't actually ambush anything when you use it on your turn.
It's 100% ambushier than it was, since this version allows you to play and attack with a creature in the same turn, where the previous ability was just time-limited flash.
>It has the incredibly inelegant "if it's your turn" clause.
What makes you say it's inelegant? It's by far the most concise way I've found to word this effect.
>>
File: index.jpg (392KB, 1995x563px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
392KB, 1995x563px
Made a cycle thingy.
>>
>>49715062
>Everything with flying & trample
>Everything with cost reduction + flash effect on something already moderately costed
>Everything triggering off a different event save for BG
I still also don't know how your set works, so I can't judge how often G and B get to trigger.
As is: U > R > B > W > G
>>
File: ccg in a nutshell.png (142KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
ccg in a nutshell.png
142KB, 340x270px
>>
File: Sabelyn Emberheart.png (323KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sabelyn Emberheart.png
323KB, 375x523px
>>49709354
>>49714597
Man, I was on my phone and the browser I use doesn't like captcha, so I can't post very often, and wanted to give you feedback when you were mulling it over last time, but it seems you've settled on a new coat for Ambush.

Seems fine, but playtesting will tell you for sure. I had some ideas, but they aren't really relevant now I don't think. If it turns out not to work, and I remember, I'll share.

>Martyr
I would make his P/T more "red"; he's for saccing and suicide anyway, so why make him have a large ass? I think you like big butts and you cannot lie, Timeanon.

>Talir
Fine as it was last time round.

>>49709579
I'd make the indestructible thing cost mono-G, to make it a bit more demanding. GG would be fine. The Other is a bit odd; I'd think making it 5/5 with +1/+1 for each spider counter would be better since he shouldn't be as badass if he's vulnerable. Or maybe other way around? -1/-1 per counter, then he goes crazy when "threatened"? I dunno, he feels kinda plain at the moment. This guy feels less flavorful than Abuse to me, but we've proven time and time again that we have very different taste in cards. I'm also kinda tired, so take this with a grain of salt.

>>49709650
Awesome. Simple, but good stuff. It'd have to show up in a set with plenty of ramp though. I dunno if you could actually make it cheaper since the tokens get the ability too, so they get outta hand FAST.

>>49710005
Neat. Not really much more I can say, though I do think it'd be more expensive in practice.

>>49710152
>Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a Kryptonian, it gets +10/+0 and gains wither until end of turn.

>>49710302
>UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ
Sorry not sorry. Seems okay. Again, like repurposing Grandeur to commons.

>>49712115
I was like 'oh, this is nice" then saw the art and it clicked. My gf had to look over and see what I was laughing at. She didn't get it.

Have a re-imagined card while I work on new stuff.
>>
File: Deceitful Lorebroker.png (204KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Deceitful Lorebroker.png
204KB, 375x523px
>>49714106
I had to look this up and well I'll be damned, that's actually the wording. I was surprised; I figured it'd have to be some crazy complex series of nuanced steps or something. That's kinda refreshing to be honest.

>>49715062
These can be a bit more different from each other if you want. The green one especially chafes because it has flying. There are only a few cases where that's okay, and I'd advise you to see if you can make it work in a satisfactory way as a more "green" design first. Same goes for the white one having trample. A samey cycle can be as boring as it can be interesting, so be careful.

>card
I'm concerned about two things:
>Complexity as a common
>power level
It was originally meant to only have target opponent discard then draw, but I decided to go whole-hog and see if people thought it was too much. Can't always be too cautious, I guess. I'll tone it down and do "target" instead of "each" if I went too far.

Also, do you think this kind of thing fits in UB? Because if so, I have an idea. I know discarding into draw is usually red, but in this situation, paired as it is, does it work? Or is the card UR?
>>
File: Rainsoaked Bushi.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rainsoaked Bushi.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>49715937
This is rather unintuitive with how combat damage works. Because combat damage is dealt at the beginning of the assign damage step (i.e. right after your mana pool normally empties), only the mana that keeps (from this card, from Savage Ventmaw, due to Upwelling, etc.) will actually matter for combat damage.
>>
>>49716180
I was afraid of giving it the ability to prevent red mana from emptying for all sources, though perhaps I could do something weird and have it only retain red mana sources till the beginning of your second main phase/end of combat step? Seems awkward though.
>>
File: Jason Todd Red Hood2.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jason Todd Red Hood2.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>49715937
>Kaine
Yeah, it does feel plain. It used Regen before and worked differently mechanically which I think also influenced its flavor. Now it's about as flavorful as Sriracha sauce. But I'm going with what Wizards is doing, and Wizards isn't doing Regen. Which is why I went back and changed this, as well as pic attached (still not entirely sure about the cost for the ability). I like your idea of having the counters modify P/T. Admittedly, for a long time the counters were only important for Kaine and were removed when he transformed, but an anon convinced me to keep the counters for The Other. Also lore: Kaine is a clone of Peter Parker. He has all his powers, and more, due to being chosen by The Other, a mystical being with a strong tie to spiders. Speaking of, that's why The Other has P/T at 8/8, because 8 is important to Spiders. Hmm, might reuse an idea I had of "~ can't be blocked except by eight or more creatures." and "~ can block an additional seven creatures each combat." Probably too OP though.

>8 6 9 9 8
Yeah, might actually name this one. "Simic Slime" maybe. Probably going to add some flavor text that goes something along the lines of "I solved the problem you had, why is it my fault the answer is making new problems?"

>Alfred
Oh, that's a reference to the Injustice comic, right? Yeah, honestly don't read comic tie-ins much. They're usually of poor quality and padded to obscene lengths. That's not even going into how their tenuous connection to continuity is always ignored later on, making reading them almost pointless. Oh, but I would like to see your opinions about Alf as he is now. Or does this mean you think it's fine now?

>Option Route
Not mine, but I don't see what's so funny. Oh wait, I didn't notice that football before. Huh, that's weird.

>Sabelyn
I think I'd like it more if it just held Red mana in forever. Or... oh, this might be evil... Or it could work like Kruphix and keep converting your unspent mana into Red mana.
>>
>>49716225
The weird (but least dangerous) way to do it would be
>Red mana doesn't empty from your mana pool as steps in the combat phase end.
This means you can tap Mountains after Declare Blockers and your guys will still be pumped for Assign Damage. I'd also read it as mana emptying at the end of combat, because while the effect saves it across steps, its also a change of phase, and mana empties at the end of each step AND phase. But that'd require Wizards to clarify, probably.
>>
>>49715937
Hey, SavageAnon!
>Ambush
How do you feel about the new version, both stand-alone and in comparison to the previous version?
>Martyr
I can make him a 3/2. He's 2/3 to make ambushing him in easier, since otherwise he's pretty mana-intensive to use in concert with other creatures all at once.
>I think you like big butts and you cannot lie, Timeanon.
I just tend toward the conservative when it comes to p/t, and toughness is generally the safer option to raise when balancing. I can totally see where you'd get that impression, though.
>Emberheart
It might confuse new players who try to dump red mana into their pool regularly, but I think you have a solid concept on your hands. Moonveil Dragon-style firebreathing might be a better, simpler option.
>>
>>49715937
It's trying to do two things (sac artifacts for permanent anthem, and group firebreathing) which requires a lot more text to function or results in a massive power boost (by not letting any R empty). I suggest pick one and not deal with the mana emptying shenanigans.

>>49716176
The order of discard-draw should be the same for both effects, especially at common.
>>
>>49716269
>Kaine
Huh, had no idea he was metaphysical like that. What is the Other like? Might help flesh out his abilities more.

>slime
Hm. Simic Slime is a bit boring. Maybe... "Inspired Infestastion"? Could do some text like "The rat problem was nearly insurmountable. The Simic solution was simple and elegant. The resulting problem was worse than the rats. The Golgari had mixed emotions." I dunno.

>Alfred
Him granting Absorb 1 to everything might be okay, but it's also pretty strong.

>Jason
Recursion like this doesn't really speak red to me (unless it's a Phoenix or an Instant/Sorcery) so it feels odd. I dunno what the solution is. Could be that it's just mono-B costed? Doesn't have to use both colors since the ping is turbo-red, and haste is shared. The recursion can be the black part.

You and >>49716275
>Sabelyn
Hm. A few ways to do this. I'll putz around with it some more. I just wanted to post some progress. Hadn't given up on her. Thanks guys.
>>
>>49716307
Shh, I'm incognito.

>Ambush
Well, the idea of a surprise attacker/blocker is combat-oriented enough to be RW, and it toes an interesting line between Haste and Flash. I actually kinda like it.
>Emberheart
Took this into consideration; new iteration incoming with everyone's input considered.

>>49716341
>Sabelyn
I think you might like the new version better. Gimme a few to check it against other cards in Gatherer to make sure it's not too crazy.

>Lorebroker
That defeats the purpose of the card though. If everyone does it in the same order, it's not the advantage to the controller that it's supposed to be. Maybe I should rein it in and just go back to one opponent?
>>
>>49709603
Let's hardmode this shit
Color, type, mechanic, CMC, Rarity, Theme.
>>
>>49716477
Let's not fuck up rolling dice.
>>
File: Sabelyn Emberheart.png (321KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sabelyn Emberheart.png
321KB, 375x523px
>>49716502
Don't worry, I didn't see anything anon.

Okay, take three. Did some re-jiggering and I think I might have something. It's a bit more plain (read: less snowflake since the mana trick is kinda 'unique') but it shouldn't be as strange to less experienced players and it still does most of what it already did. Made the P/T 2/2 because lord and because I was worried 3/3 was too much with what she can now do. I can change it back if that is not the case.
>>
File: True-name Dropout.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
True-name Dropout.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49716502
Yup.
>>
File: Battle for Survival.png (258KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Battle for Survival.png
258KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49716609
This could also be white. Hell, if it turns out to be too cheap as either 1G or 1W, you could go GW with it even. I like it.
>>
File: UL01 Lone Tower.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
UL01 Lone Tower.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Well, after a lot of feedback and some pretty significant tweaking, I think I'm happy with where Athnahr has ended up. Thanks to all of the anons who took the time to help me out.

COanon, if/when you're around, could you replace the Athnahr link in the pastebin with this updated link? Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwa7bmmt32wntk8/Athnahr.mse-set?dl=0
>>
>>49717059
Grats, Timeanon. Sorry I missed most of the development.
>>
File: Path of Evil.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Path of Evil.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49717156
This doesn't work the way you think it does.
>>
File: Volt Lance.png (256KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Volt Lance.png
256KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49717100
No worries, man. I'm working on fleshing out my next couple of project ideas, if you want to help with that! In no particular order, I'd like to:
• Work on Athnahr Set 2, to round the plane out into a block
• Work on a tricolor set, preferably using wedges
• Update and flesh out TimeSet 1, which really needs some cleaning up

What do you think? Thoughts on which one I should tackle first?
>>
>>49717176
Why not?
>>
File: Peter Parker Spider-Man5.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Peter Parker Spider-Man5.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
Since I'm thinking about Kaine, here's Pete. He webs people.

>>49717059
Got it. Pastebin's changed.

>>49716361
>Kaine
The Other is, in a word, savage. It's basically the distillation of nature into one being. While it grants Kaine a connection to other spiders and an ability to command them (shit, still need to do Aquaman), it also amplified his aggression and violence towards others. It's basically the bad side of Green in a character. Nature is kill or be killed. If you can't kill, then you will die.

Oh shit, maybe Spider token gen for Kaine and they transform him into the Other? Wow, why didn't I think of that before? Thanks.

>Alfred
Well, I really want that effect. I think it fits his character of being the Batfamily medic, basically. Do you have any suggestions? One version had him flicker other creatures.

>Jason
I guess it's just a reflex of mine to make activated abilities of multicolor cards use all of the colors. I dunno, it feels... lopsided if I don't do it, I guess. Probably just something personal I need to get over though, dunno.

>>49716525
Wow, this looks really cool. I'd love to see this in an EDH artifact deck.

>>49717222
>Athnahr 2
Are you reusing all the same keywords? Just curious.

>tricolor
OK, I'll point out right now that it would probably be best to just use all tri combinations. I mean, tricolor doesn't actually have a huge amount of design space, I think you'll need all the help you can get, especially if you decide to make it into a block. Though if you do, remember that you can always cheat a bit by making the second set 5-color focused.

>TimeSet 1
I'm curious, what do you think needs cleaning up? Jesus, feels like forever ago you made that set too.
>>
>>49717264
Misread, thought it was just +1/+1.
+1/-1 is still too strong for a 1-drop though.
>>
>>49717296
>Are you reusing all the same keywords? Just curious.
Some, but not all. I have some rough ideas mapped out so far. Escalate and Ambush would probably return. I've considered using dash somewhere. Convoke would be the BW faction mechanic, and I'm considering Unearth for BG. Some overarching mechanical things I'm thinking of including are off-color activated abilities on monocolored permanents and hybrid/generic mana (Spectral Procession style).
>Tricolor
I'll keep that in mind. I'm not set on using solely wedge color combinations, but I would like them to be included. 5-color set could be fun.
>I'm curious, what do you think needs cleaning up?
Wording and mechanical stuff, mostly. My grasp of wording and mechanics is certainly stronger than it was then (It's been nearly two years since I finished that set, hasn't it? At least two from the time that I started it. Damn.) I'd also like to add on to it a bit, as it's small for the first set in a block.
>Peter Parker
Web 'em up. Good translation of concept to card, flavorfully evocative and clear in what it does. I like it.
>>
File: Aga and Twen Childeaters.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Aga and Twen Childeaters.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Fall From Grace.png (246KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fall From Grace.png
246KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49717222
Well, I think going back to your first set is something you should probably do eventually, but I dunno about interrupting your steam on this block to do so. Of course, I also understand needing to walk away from something to take a breath and maybe take an outside look at it with fresh eyes. Personally, I wouldn't tackle Timeset1 till you're clear of any other projects.

>enemy wedge set
Ironically I have had to stifle stupid impulses to start setmaking and wedges was something I was looking at, but it's best if I don't ever do that again, I think. What do you have in mind?

>>49717156
This should probably be BB at least, maybe 2B, then the transfer of ownership should cost the same as that curse that gives enchanted player's creatures -1/-1. That'd work.

>>49717197
This is kinda underwhelming. You could pump up the Spell mastery a bit.

>>49717296
>Pete
I think this is the same version I recall from way back. Seems fine still.

>Kaine
Okay, now I want to see the spider counters give Kaine things that "ramp him up' to The Other. Maybe at one, he gets +1/+0, at two he has to attack every turn and gets double strike, and at three he transforms? Obviously downgrade him to First Strike to make it work. Then the Other stays fairly the same? I kinda want to see your idea too, now. You seem stoked. Glad I helped? I dunno what I did.

>Alfred
Flickerfred sounds more fun than Absorbfred, honestly.

>Sabelyn
Okay, that's good. Glad she's in a good spot. I might make her 3/2 but I'll leave her alone for now.

Okay, so I am getting the feeling people either don't care about this card (>>49716176) or it's just not something they want to go into, but I am genuinely curious. Khans had black discarding into drawing, albeit at a deficiency, but I really think that it's something that, when focused purely in an offensive nature, makes sense in black, and to some degree, in blue too, which is why I presented it in UB. It's kinda gnawing at me at the moment.
>>
File: Billy Kaplan Wiccan8.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Billy Kaplan Wiccan8.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
>>49717439
>Some, but not all.
Sounds good. I like your ideas of color bending Convoke and Unearth (sorta). Off-color is fun, and that particular kind of hybrid mana is typically referred to as mono-hybrid. Which is also really fun.

>Wording and mechanical stuff
Ah, I get it. Yeah, that's what happens when you hang out on the /ccg/ threads. Kinda the point really, so it's good to know that it happens.

>Peter Parker
Cool. Hmm, been a while since I did Marvel. Uh... Billy? Yeah, Billy. Going for "Your spells have Overload" int he most sane, concise way possible. I actually believe I can make a card that can mirror giving your spells Overload exactly, but it would be obscenely long and use wording that's never been seen on a card before. Oh, and I realize I need to find better art.

>>49717524
>Pete
Hmm, probably should try those Spidey villains again...

>Kaine
Well, you helped me realize a possible design path. Which I'm sure is going to branch out into three or four ideas pretty soon. And yeah, I am kinda stoked. This is what happens to me. Inspiration strikes and the cards start making themselves in my head. Like, remember how we were working on your UBR card (wait, did you ever finish that?) and I needed you to give me limits because I just started coming up with idea after idea? It's like that.

>Alfred
OK.

>Lorebroker
Well, I mean, it is a common, it's likely not going to be mindblowing. That said, I think Dark Deal was Wizards dabbling in colors, as they did with Cast into Darkness and Viper's Kiss. Anyhoo, I think it would be better if it just cut straight to the point. Like maybe
>When ~ enters the battlefield, target opponent discards a card and you draw a card.

And as for a Dark Deal idea, maybe
>Each player discards his or her hand. You draw cards equal to the greatest number of cards a player discarded this way, and each opponent draws cards equal to the least number of cards a player discarded this way.
Dunno if "least" is correct.
>>
File: UB Keyword.png (273KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
UB Keyword.png
273KB, 375x523px
>>49717736
>Kaine
Fair enough. Curious to see where it goes from here.

>UBR card
Uhh... I don't recall actually? I think I did, or at least got to another iteration. I set it aside though because ideas.

>Wiccan
Holy balls that's crazy. What about giving him a non-keyworded version of Strive instead?

>Lorebroker
I'm gonna cut to the chase here; UB doesn't get a ton of what I'm proposing, but with Impulse going to red now, and being a better mechanic which actually generates card advantage instead of being a shitty blue mechanic, well... why not give black (the discard color) and blue (the loot color) that mechanic back, but twisted and weaponized instead? TRIGGER WARNING: COLOR PIE TWISTING IN PROGRESS.

I don't want anyone getting all mad at me for proposing this, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense in my obviously biased and bad at cards head. I'm just musing here.
>>
>>49717807
You might want to make the draw conditional on that keyword so your opponent doesn't just get a free draw if they have no cards in hand. Also, it's pretty beneficial to them since they can choose an irrelevant card and possibly get something really good out of it.
>>
File: Teamwork.png (280KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Teamwork.png
280KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49717839
An "if that player does" would suffice, I think. And yeah, it's unpredictable. It's just an idea though. Good point on the adjustment, thanks.
>>
File: Vizix Thing from Beyond.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Vizix Thing from Beyond.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49717807
>Wiccan
Aw... And non-keyworded Strive is just "Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy." Which is good, but I wanted to try something different. Maybe restrict the ability somehow?

>Lapse
Not really sure I like this mechanic. I can just see it resulting in
>"Oh hey, my wincon! I was looking for this, thanks!"
And when you say "that mechanic" are you talking about rummaging? Because reverse impulse I could see in Black.
>>
>>49717865
Maybe have them discard the card at random so that it's truly bad to get hit by? It would reduce some of the mindgames that could come out of weighing the option of looting and letting a creature hit you. In any case, I don't really think that it's keyword-worthy.
>>
File: Kaine the Scarlet Spider2.jpg (116KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kaine the Scarlet Spider2.jpg
116KB, 752x523px
Kaine 2.0 Taking some cues from Docent of Perfection and Dragonlair Spider.
>>
>>49717856
Hm. I don't play multiplayer much, but this is neat.

>>49717876
>Cthulhuanon is back
Hory shet. I dunno what my reaction to Myth was back in the day, but the idea of "reverse gods" is kinda neat to me.

>>49717882
I suggested Strive mainly because it's easier to balance since you pay for as many copies as you want instead of getting a blanket effect, which can be insane especially since it's one-sided by default.

>Lapse
Yeah gonna remake it with >>49717902's suggestion to make the discard random. I like that; it helps make the mechanic better overall. And yeah, I know it's not gonna be everyone's cuppa but I haven't tried doing anything with it yet either. And really, I was honestly prodding at that UB evergreen quandary again.
>that mechanic
Rummaging, yes. But yeah, black impulsing an opponent's cards is something I can see being a thing too. Just not keywordable, really.

>>49717902
To directly address you, I think it's at least more keyword worthy than Ingest. But again, biased since I made it, I guess. I do want to tinker around with it though. I'll make it random and then add an "if that player does" to prevent empty-hand issues. See where that takes me.

>>49717969
This does look pretty cool. I like it way better. More interesting to me overall. Not sure about the cost (a 3/3 doublestriker at CMC5 with all that utility is a hard sell to me, even as a Legend) but at least it's a cool idea.
>>
>>49718434
>I think it's at least more keyword worthy than Ingest
Well yeah, almost everything is more worthy than that.
>>
>>49718443
Yeah, really ain't saying much. I wonder what I can do with it though. Probably mostly just "on discard" effects and maybe some "on draw" effects too. Ultimately it feels like it might be kinda narrow but if it isn't a combat trick or changing the rules of combat somehow then it's gonna be kinda tactically plain. There are plenty of strong keywords that are plain, they're just good. This probably isn't one of them but eh, I like positing ideas. Good stuff comes from them sometimes, or maybe they inspire someone else.
>>
File: Thief of Intentions.png (273KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thief of Intentions.png
273KB, 375x523px
>>49717736
Oh, and here's the Grixis card you were asking about. I went with that black Legend's wording the other anon suggested, modified a little. Though, I feel like I'm kinda holding onto the "from the hand" idea a bit too much. Maybe it's not a good idea. Library might be enough.
>>
File: Atan Father of Flame.png (290KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Atan Father of Flame.png
290KB, 375x523px
Working on a set of just commanders and cards supporting those commanders. Trying to get at least one commander for each color combo. Gonna post some of my favorite I've done so far.
>>
File: Keoki Fetid Mer-King.png (255KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Keoki Fetid Mer-King.png
255KB, 375x523px
>>49718674
>>
File: Shannah of the Bleedwood.png (300KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shannah of the Bleedwood.png
300KB, 375x523px
>>49718684
>>
File: Scott Summers Cyclops4.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Scott Summers Cyclops4.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Cyclops. Should I add ping-strike?

>>49718434
>Kaine
Oh, right. No, that's just me forgetting to adjust the mana cost of the card after I changed it. Kind of a bad habit. I guess I'll start at 4RG, though if it goes any higher I'll have to rethink the sac clause to activate Indie, and probably give it Haste.

>>49718603
Yeah, not much is going to happen from the hand. Only reason to ever exile from there is if you KNOW you have something good in the library and/or if you have garbage in your hand. Also, card looks pretty good now.
>>
>>49718674
You know commander damage is only combat damage directly from your commander, right?
>>
File: Timesnatcher.png (259KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Timesnatcher.png
259KB, 375x523px
>>49718684
That one should be a 3/3
>>
>>49718674
That's really, really weird. I can see the combo potential, but it's mostly outside of its color identity.

>>49718713
There's no point in choosing the 1 option since reducing mana costs by a colored mana also reduce generic mana costs.
>>
>>49718699
Yeah, but I'm thinking equipments with keywords like lifelink and infect. It would probably be broken as shit if it did deal commander damage.

>>49718726
What color would it be then? White?

Huh, didn't know, I'll fix that.
>>
>>49718737
>What color would it be then? White?
I mean the combo potential is outside of its color identity. Like deadlocking the game by slapping a Ghostly Possession on it.
>>
>>49718749
Yeah, I would expect it to boil down to a strange artifact voltron thing that usually probably wins by infect or something. Maybe I could add abilities that add keywords for B or G or something like that?
>>
>>49718778
Nah, keep it simple and let it play off of red's ability to mess around with artifacts to make some sort of fucked up combo. I honestly love the card's Johnnyness.
>>
File: Frontier Champion.png (262KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Frontier Champion.png
262KB, 375x523px
>>
>>49718726
>There's no point in choosing the 1 option since reducing mana costs by a colored mana also reduce generic mana costs.
No, the reminder text of similar cards like edgewalker and ragemonger explicitly tells that the effect reduces only the amount of colored mana you would have pay.
>>
>>49718908
Not that guy, but look it up in the comp rules. Those cards have rules text that explicitly says that they only reduce costs for colored mana. If they didn't have that small clause, they would reduce colored mana, then generic mana after that.
>>
>>49718908
Those are both in rules text, not reminder text. Look at both of them again.
>>
>>49718886
nonbaisc lands are usually tamed more than not tamed

though I do like the card
>>
File: Timesnatcher2.png (262KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Timesnatcher2.png
262KB, 375x523px
>>49718908
>>49718919
>>49718924
Here it is adjusted to contain edgewalker-like wording. Looks a bit bloated now. I would probably be more likely to drop the 1 just to keep down on text.
>>
File: RU11 Chained Casting.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
RU11 Chained Casting.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
Made something janky that basically gives every instant/sorcery card in your hand splice. Should I keep the X cost or use the revealed card's actual mana cost itself?
>>
>>49718974
I don't see why you would need to do that.
Just
>Remove two +1/+1 counters from ~: Creature spells you cast this turn cost G or U less.
>>
>>49719027
Not him, but the restriction and the 1 make you choose a hard reduction in green or blue or a soft reduction in both.
>>
>>49719045
I know, but it's just so awful. The way it is, it's just a strictly worse Animar.
>>
>>49719066
Animar only lets you reduce generic costs. This design gives you flexibility in reducing colored costs and also generic costs.
>>
>>49719078
It also requires you to pay +1/+1 counters per each instance. Animar just gives you the straight generic reduction which is generally what you need reduced anyways.
>>
>>49719111
But it is not, as you said, "strictly better." Animar is generally better, but not strictly.
>>
>>49719125
I would still consider Animar strictly better, but hey whatever you think is fine.
>>
>>49719066
>>49719078
>>49719111
I know that its worse than Animar, that was sort of the goal, a more balanced (though maybe over nerfed) Animar in a slightly different flavor. I see the card as encouraging weenies and proliferate effects more than ramp and stompy guys the way Animar does. It would probably end up somewhere on the low end of power for the set.
>>
>>49719141
Yeah, it isn't high power but Animar is pushed way to hard. It maybe hits a happy medium, but only testing will show that.

>>49719136
Learn what a word means before using it.
>>
File: Eldritch Revelation.png (246KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Eldritch Revelation.png
246KB, 375x523px
>>
File: The Burning of Bachalé.png (245KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Burning of Bachalé.png
245KB, 375x523px
What cost/damage level would you call this card competitive but balanced at?
>>
>>49720751
Seems about fine.
>>
>>49720886
kewl
>>
>>49720751
I think it's fine. Not much precedence. Oh, and please change that flavor text, I can only take so much narm.
>>
File: Sylat Queen of Aqrana.png (274KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sylat Queen of Aqrana.png
274KB, 375x523px
I'm always happy with simple designs that come together.

How would you imagine this working out? It feels too pushed to me but ey isn't that what mythics are for?
>>
>>49721082
>I can only take so much narm.
The quote isn't serious. Ensé is like if The Fonz happened to also be an accomplished military leader... It''s more like Monty Python's "Always look on the bright side of life." type stuff.
>>
>>49721090
this should be mythic
>>
File: Ghost Paranoid Saboteur3.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Paranoid Saboteur3.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Ghost again. Decided to change the ability to an ETB trigger, which I should probably do more often to be honest.
>>
>>49721123
Didn't you have a much more serious quote there before? I remember something along those lines.
>>
Rolled 3, 2, 8, 8, 6 = 27 (5d10)

>>49709603
rolling
>>
File: Mana Backlash.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mana Backlash.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49722738
Black, 5CMC uncommon instant for tax/control

I know dash hopes was planar chaos but I think this kind of life loss-or counterspell design space that it occupied could very easily be black.
>>
>>49722838
"...controller pays life equal..." **

I always realize fucked up wording immediately after I post. my bad
>>
Rolled 5, 8, 7, 3, 6 = 29 (5d10)

>>49722838
why not roll again
>>
File: Roch Eis the Infinaut.png (258KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Roch Eis the Infinaut.png
258KB, 375x523px
gotta push them mythics...
>>
Rolled 4, 2, 5, 9, 6 = 26 (5d10)

>>49722884
i give up, i have no idea how to design green cards
>>
>>49722884
I'll try this.

Green, artifact, tax/control, CMC 2, uncommon.

Hrm... Well, does land removal count as control?

>2
>Artifact
>Uncommon
>1, T: You may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped.
>2G, T, Sacrifice ~: Choose target land. Its owner shuffles it into his oh her library.

So, just the last ability is control. I think. Yeah, kinda iffy on what qualifies as control that doesn't fit in any of the other categories. And really, only White and Blue do taxing.
>>
File: Grant Emerson Damage.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Grant Emerson Damage.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>49722972
I'm still not feeling the "colors matter" theme. I can see "colored matters" and "colorless matters" since they usually have a running theme of colored being natural and colorless being unnatural (eg. artifacts and Eldrazi). Or "monocolored matters" and "multicolor matters" but only if there's a multicolor thing going on like Ravnica's guilds. I mean, it's just that not all cards in the same color have the same flavor, you know?

Anyway, I think it would be better if there were at least some sort of payment for the ability. Like
>[...] spell, for each of that spell's colors, you may pay one mana of that color. Copy that spell for each one mana paid this way. You may [...]
Maybe, I guess. Or you could have it meet a requirement, like also having a permanent of that color.
>>
File: Lovecraft_14.jpg (1MB, 1875x1569px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft_14.jpg
1MB, 1875x1569px
>>49718434
I won't post as much myth though.
I've been working on other mechanics for the cultists and instant/sorcery spells.
>>
What's the best site to host stuff on?
>>
>>49724155
Most of us use DropBox.
>>
>>49714993
The problem is: Whenever a creature attacks is a trigger. You have to pay the ambush cost on the trigger. which mean never during or after having declared blockers. It should be 'as long as a creature is attacking''
>>
File: The Corinthian.jpg (60KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Corinthian.jpg
60KB, 375x523px
Yeah, definitely going to keep the Nightmare type. Hmm, just had an idea for Desire, and his/her... was it granddaughter? The dream vortex one. (I'm saying this like most of the people here know what I'm talking about.)

>>49724141
Really not liking this Worship keyword. Or the Ritual one. Worship just seems like forced synergy. And that's not even getting into forcing people to play this weird strategy with exactly one legend and no others. What is people want options? Then there's the issue of keeping track of the board state, which I can guarantee you will be a nightmare. And Ritual is just a very clunky version of the spells from the Time Spiral block that cared about being cast at sorcery speed. Speaking of, I don't like how these are designed so most of them cost so much more than the mana cost. They're instants being cast at sorcery speed, that's already a downside, which is why the Time Spiral block cycle has an upside for that.
>>
>>49724141
I like how the white ritual is kind of the opposite of the others, with the cheap ritual cost and high normal cost.
I feel as though Zhog Noggoth's Promise is going to be difficult to fit in to your set.
>>
>>49725342
For the record, his previous version was "During combat, you may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant for its ambush cost." And it was on noncreatures.
>>
>>49715887
>That feel when my WB mechanic is pretty much Soulshift
>>
>>49725484
If it's type-less, that's not a dealbreaker.
>>
>>49725500
Yea, its type-less.
>>
>>49725342
The keyword as-is is working as intended. It's meant to allow you to surprise drop extra attackers or blockers, but not skip part of combat; your opponent is meant to have the opportunity to block. Attacking ambushers already avoid sorcery speed removal and have pseudo-haste, so allowing them to sneak in unblocked would be, in my opinion, too uninteractive.
>>49725451
The current version still shows up on noncreature spells, anon.
>>
File: Rose Walker.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rose Walker.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>49725654
>The current version still shows up on noncreature spells, anon.
Ah, didn't notice that, sorry.
>>
>>49725392
Where is the problem with keeping track of the board state?
>>
>>49725904
Oh right, one legendary creature. Nevermind.
>>
Focus your blasts to bounce one big fellow or bounce a couple small guys. Also seems like this would be a pretty strong combat trick so im not sure if I want to keep it at instant since you can still tap blockers for technique.
>>
File: enemy bonus commons.png (3MB, 1875x1046px) Image search: [Google]
enemy bonus commons.png
3MB, 1875x1046px
Any feedback on these commons?
>>
File: Telekinetic Blast.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Telekinetic Blast.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>49725996
Forgot pic
>>
File: Puresteel Captain.png (208KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Puresteel Captain.png
208KB, 375x523px
>>
File: download.jpg (443KB, 1283x716px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
443KB, 1283x716px
>>
>>49726011
Black bonus on Second Summons is very slight, especially considering how much better the bonus on other cards are.

Rotspore Burst needs "up to one target creature you control".

Cleansing Inferno feels too similar to Rotspore since both damage only creatures.

Soilspeaker: "up to one target instant..." Could have 3 power. I like this one the most as both abilities are related, yet still fully within their own color identity.

Shacklers and Secrets are alright.

The wording on Inquest doesn't feel right, but is otherwise fine.

Sudden Inspiration is really bad.

Tempting Target is neat.
>>
>>49726253
Cycling is too cheap. It should at least be double hybrid, if not mulitcolored.
>>
File: Lovecraft_counter_users_examples.jpg (300KB, 1500x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft_counter_users_examples.jpg
300KB, 1500x523px
>>49725423
There are some cards that can remove their myth counters to become creatures again, others transform permanents into copies of other permanents (like creatures) or just become creatures themself.
It's mainly used for green though.
>>
File: Gustcloak Paragon.png (221KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gustcloak Paragon.png
221KB, 375x523px
>>
Rolled 1, 6, 1 = 8 (3d10)

>>49709603
color,type,cmc
>>
File: needsaname.jpg (120KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
needsaname.jpg
120KB, 750x1046px
>>
File: Set2Concepts.jpg (748KB, 1875x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Set2Concepts.jpg
748KB, 1875x1046px
Concepts for a second set in what would become an Athnahr block. The second set would continue to work with the first set's cost matters and big mana themes and would contain the same factions. Proposed keywords and mechanics have been chosen to work well with both the overarching set (now block) themes and the specific factions and mechanics of the previous set. This set will also be multicolored with an enemy-color focus.

Thoughts?
>>
File: Dream of the Endless.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dream of the Endless.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49727223
>Dash
If it can't work in both color independently, you probably shouldn't use it. Otherwise you just cut corners as Wizards did in Alara (which is preceisely why I mentioned using both shards and wedges in the same set/block).
>Mardu
...What? Yeah, no kidding it wasn't in White, that's because FRF was the middle point in the block, after the set with wedges and before the set with ally colors. It was a transition where each faction was cutting out their enemy color, none of them had their keywords in the enemy color for the FRF set. Not really a strong case for having Dash in Blue.

>Pinnacle
Scourge tried something similar. I think you should see if Wizards mentioned how well it did so you can learn from their mistakes.
>>
>>49727455
The mardu example is just an instance of a faction mechanic not available to every color within the faction, similar to the way I was planning on working with Dash. If not Dash, then I'll have to work on developing a similar yet more blue-leaning mechanic.
>>
>>49726011
Threadly reminder that modal mana spells/abilities check the mana used on resolution, so their targeting requirements are odd. Notably, Rotspore Burst can't be cast without a creature you control, Cleansing Inferno can't be cast without targeting an enchanted/equipped creature, and Soilspeaker's ETB will fail to trigger (lacking a set of valid targets) if there isn't an instant or sorcery in your graveyard.

>>49726316
>Dreadful Charger
"Exile it at the beginning of the next end step. If it would leave the battlefield, exile it instead of putting it anywhere else."
From the rules text for Unearth, which is rules-tight, unlike the reminder text.

>>49727059
>Whenever another Human you control attacks or blocks, ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
or
>~ gets +1/+1 for each attacking or blocking Human you control.
Human, as a subtype, is capitalized.

>>49726016
Fun. I like it. The gut response is a Blue spell that deals damage being absolutely haraam, but it ends up being an entirely Blue spell.
>>
File: Destiny of the Endless2.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny of the Endless2.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
>>49728117
What do you need for the UR mechanic to do on a mechanical level?
>>
>>49728434
Allow for the recasting of spells, preferably through some interaction involving returning things to your hand. Alternate casting cost is also a huge plus.
>Card
Hugely, ridiculously powerful, but fine on a 4UUU legend, I would say.
>>
>>49728595
Buyback? Rebound? Cipher? Recover? Conditional variants thereof?
>You may pay an additional [COST] as you cast this spell. If you do, it has rebound.

Cipher in a UR aggro faction might be interesting.
>>
>>49728595
Flashback perhaps. Maybe a variant of Retrace that has you pay mana and chuck two cards to return it to your hand.
>>
Rolled 9, 6, 8 = 23 (3d10)

>>49709603
color,type,cmc, hard mode
>>
File: Teleporter.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Teleporter.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Had an idea for something. Don't know if it's useful at all though.

>>49728869
>>49726974
OK, you actually gonna do it or what?
>>
File: Woodland Hermit.jpg (126KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Woodland Hermit.jpg
126KB, 750x1046px
>>49728869
blegh, u/g is not my color.
>>
>>49729314
And apparently, Magic isn't in your lexicon.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 blue Fox creature token with "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card," and a 2/2 green Bear creature token with "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it."
>Other creatures you control with power less than or equal to ~'s power can't be blocked.
>>
>>49717471
I like it
>>
>>49717876
This is great. I'm not sure on balancing but I love the myth mechanic as a recursion mechanic
>>
File: Jeremy Tell Double Down.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jeremy Tell Double Down.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Any suggestions for how many cards to exile or how much damage to deal? I'm kinda bad at costing suicide Red.
>>
>>49731103
Go look at arc slogger.
>>
File: Zauriel of the Eagle Host.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Zauriel of the Eagle Host.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>49731121
Jesus, ten cards, really? And I would like to make something a bit different from Arc-Slogger. Maybe it exiles a card from the top and deals damage equal to that card's CMC.
>>
File: Elvish Devotee.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Elvish Devotee.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>49731162
Cards from the library basically don't matter
>>
>>49731162
It'd have to increase in cost dramatically of course. Repeatable burn is no joke.
>>
>>49731582
>>49731677
What about Heretic's Punishment? Or, something like Combustible Gearhulk, but no draw? Or... or maybe I could make a version with draw?
>>
>>49731711
I mean those are all options, but they cost as much as they do for a reason.
>>
This thing's activated ability used to only cost B, but I decided to up it to 1B since it seemed really exploitable, especially in a set with lots of token generation. Is it still too much? Should I up the mana cost?
>>
File: UB08 Noxious Fermentation.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
UB08 Noxious Fermentation.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49732019
Fuck, of course I forgot my image.
>>
File: Doctor Thirteen.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Thirteen.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>49731852
Well, it is hard to really find a good costing for some of those effects given how random they are.

>>49732042
I think having to sac in order to draw is fine. Not entirely sure on that first ability though.
>>
>>49732042
If it was sorcery speed it would be fine. Instant speed is too much.
>>
File: UB10 Rushed Reanimation.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
UB10 Rushed Reanimation.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
Is this appropriately worded and costed? I got the wording off of the oracle text for Pyrrhic Revival and most reanimation is at 4 mana without a downside.

>>49732237
Yeah, it does offer instant speed removal and draw. I'll change that.
>>
File: Rose Wilson Ravager.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Rose Wilson Ravager.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>49732309
Wording looks fine, cost... maybe at 1BB. Eh, dunno really, sorry. Oh, and you don't have to ask about wording and cost all the time. Those are generally the first things people look at anyway.
>>
>>49732412
>1BB
That seems good. Thanks.
>>
File: Felix Faust.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Felix Faust.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
Blergh, hope this isn't broken.
>>
File: Divine Right.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Divine Right.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Is this too good at 2 cmc? or is 1WG more fair
>>
File: Terras Bounty.png (248KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Terras Bounty.png
248KB, 375x523px
>>
File: first 5.jpg (385KB, 1890x522px) Image search: [Google]
first 5.jpg
385KB, 1890x522px
Guess I'll keep a log of all of my legendary creature designs. Any suggestions for archetypes/designs you'd like to see on a legendary creature some day?
>>
File: Saheeli Rai Consulate Captive.jpg (92KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Saheeli Rai Consulate Captive.jpg
92KB, 752x523px
I'm playing with Energy. Somebody stop me.
>>
>>49733690
Strictly worse Drom Com at a lower rarity seems fine. This feels really strong, but I'd consider on a similar power level to Midnight Hunt or Rabid Bite.
Good design. Could be GB if for what ever reason you need to shift the color.

>>49733814
Unless Terra is some important character you want to establish and make seem important, I'd change the name to something like, "Sylvian Essence", "Prosper", or "Flourishmore" (Like evermore but more green.)
>>
File: Kaladesh cards.jpg (541KB, 1575x1091px) Image search: [Google]
Kaladesh cards.jpg
541KB, 1575x1091px
>>49734590
If this was a real Magic set, the Mythic artifact is how I'd like Wizards to set up a return to Kaladesh with a Search Results
Phyrexian invasion. It's supposed to be a parallel to Contagion Engine - but all overtaken by nature, Planet of the Apes style.
>>
File: Magus of the Pact.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Magus of the Pact.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
>>49734271
>Voice
Should be, "Players play with the top card of their libraries revealed."
Besides that, it seems cool but kinda crazy. I'd make the "force opponent to draw" effect also tap it to avoid him becoming "high tide.dec"
>Charnagma
I guess its fine? Feels kinda boring but I mean it is strong.
>Zauriel
Zombies in G or R feel really out of place, thus his R and G actives just feel out of place.
>Herax
Looks a lot more like its His axe HAHAHA.
Lower his base stats or increase his CMCs. He's pretty bonkers. I'd considered running him in my boggles side board in match ups that I need to control the board.
>Samoara
Too strong. This essentially makes your library your hand if you build your deck zoo enough. The effect is so potent I don't think there is a safe way to balance her without just making her cost a bunch.
>>
File: Slum Drifter.jpg (28KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Slum Drifter.jpg
28KB, 375x523px
Anyone know any good looking alt boarders? I'm thinking about doing a "not time spiral" set but I really dislike the actual time spiral boarders.
>>
File: Elvish Devotee.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Elvish Devotee.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Another version of deify.

>>49734908
Unfortunately most custom boarders available are pretty bad.
>>
>>49734978
>>49731582
This would be better as an ability word, rather than a marker keyword that still needs another ability to do anything.
>>
File: Empty Vessel.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Empty Vessel.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>49734978
I think the right way to make this is, "Deify-- The creatures you control with the highest converted mana cost gets... "
Uses less space over all due to you having to almost always reminder text Deify.
>>
>>49734994
Possibly. I'm having trouble getting to exactly to where I want it without becoming overly wordy.

>>49735017
I want to avoid it affecting multiple creatures so it's not a big boost to a horde of low cost creatures.
>>
File: Bayou Regular.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bayou Regular.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>49735022
Have a threshold of some sort. Try, "Deify-- The creatures you control with the highest converted mana cost of at least X get..."
or I guess "Deify-- Creatures with the highest CMC, and higher then ~ get ..."
>>
>>49735063
Oh fuck, this was meant to be a 3/3. I'm bad.
>>
>>49735022
Just drop all the unnecessary worship stuff.
Deify -- The creature you control with the highest converted mana cost [effect]
>>
>>49735090
I can drop the worship stuff, but I need a way of solving ties.
>>
>>49735119
Or you can just not, which makes you build and choose how to play if you actually want the effect. Seems more interesting like that anyhow.
>>
File: Ally Crone.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ally Crone.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>49735119
I think the chance of some "1 drop + worship meta" is really easy to stop. You just never put really good worship effects on 1 drops.
>>
File: Faceless Antagonist.png (251KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Faceless Antagonist.png
251KB, 375x523px
>>49734978
>>49734994
>>49735017
>>49735022
>>49735063
>>49735090
>>49735119
>>49735139
>Deify -- At the beginning of your upkeep, target creature you control with converted mana cost 5 or higher <effect>
Naya proved CMC5 is a pretty good spot for this sort of thing to sit, so I'd go with that. The target lets you avoid ties. Well, it's a thought anyway.
>>
File: Peneleon of the 1st Legion.png (204KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Peneleon of the 1st Legion.png
204KB, 375x523px
Does this seem too pushed as a commander? Is its activatable out of color?
>>
>>49735405
Trying to fit in extraneous colors is just strolling down the path of bad design. There doesn't seem to be a good justification why this is anything but monowhite.
>>
File: Silvermane General.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Silvermane General.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49735364
That flavortext feels really bad. I'd try:
>It hides more then their identity.
>Those that bare the mask are sworn to strive for any challenge.

>>49735405
That active cost looks really gross and makes no sense. Also a commander should be designed to be synergistic with a theme that is found in its colors. Right now she doesn't really do anything special besides get real big and swing good.
If you really want to make her WURG I'd recommend making her having some kind of effect like Banner of Command but instead cares about unique creature types instead of shared.
>>
>>49735444
Why does it feel bad? Do you just not like it personally? Cause that's just like, your opinion man.
>>
>>49735440
Trying to create a commander for each color combo. 4 colors are hard for exactly that reason they dont really serve a purpose beyond being four colors usually. Not that there's been much done in that design space.

>>49735444
Yeah, I guess back to the drawing board with this one.
>>
>>49735452
The flavortext is lankthy and diddles around the subject. The first sentence is very broad and the second tries to follow up but feels awkward to read. The whole theme of the card is just kind of jumbled and unclear.

>>49735461
I think a "all the tribes!" deck is the best choice for those colors as W has soilders and birds, U has merfolk, G has elfs, and R has goblins.
>>
>>49735488
>statement of belief
>qualification of statement via action
Eh, to each their own I guess. I mean I'm obviously biased but I don't see "diddling" or "awkward" in there. I think you just don't like long flavor text, and that's fine. I usually don't either.
>>
>>49735175
>>49735139
I don't just want a field of worshipers and no big dudes. I don't want a tribal situation.

>>49735364
I'd like to have just a single creature as the deity, not spread out as you please.
>>
>>49735503
Then just make the player really want to play the big dudes. You're basically making some kind of exalted, so just make the payoff big enough. Otherwise, you're just going to slip into parasitic design.
>>
>>49735545
If it hits everything in a cmc bracket I don't see how I can pull that off.
>>
>>49735503
>spread out as you please
Well, I can't think of a more elegant way to do it, sorry Ringanon. I mean, most players are just gonna slap all the bonuses on their largest, best creature anyway, so it'll likely play the way you want it to 85% or more of the time anyway. The best creature to Deify will be what the player Deifies.
>>
>>49735558
The other option I considered is doing it in reverse, where the big creature carries the keyword and gets bonuses for the number of creatures you attach to it, but that's not quite as useful from a design perspective.
>>
>>49722972
I was going to recommend giving it only three toughness so it dies to bolt, but at six mana it should be fine.
>>
How do I use custom symbols (Energy in this case) that I've downloaded from MSE forums?

I tried typing out all possible characters that allow conversion to mana symbols, but none of them change to energy.
>>
>>49736852
Have you tried [E]?
>>
>>49736883
Yeah, it just goes to the Generic mana grey with a capital E
>>
>>49737020
http://magiccards.info/kld/en/242.html

Try [e] then.
>>
>>49737079

Still not working, is there maybe a way I can edit the MSE core manually to integrate custom symbols?

Not just for energy, also for future use if needed.
>>
File: Luke Cage Power Man.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Luke Cage Power Man.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49737129
No idea, sorry.
>>
File: BC02.png (292KB, 378x525px) Image search: [Google]
BC02.png
292KB, 378x525px
>>49737240
All good man, I'll have to settle with using $'s until I get it sorted.
>>
>>49737278
Oh jesus, what's wrong with your fonts? Oh wait, you didn't download the Beleren font, did you? Also, as for the card itself, really hard to see this as Black.
>>
>>49737316
It's a bad example but rather just a draft concept. It was the font that came with the M15 package that I downloaded from thingo.
>>
File: Many As One.png (244KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Many As One.png
244KB, 375x523px
obligatory almost dead thread bump
>>
File: Montgomery Kelly.jpg (56KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Montgomery Kelly.jpg
56KB, 375x523px
Haven't worked on this guy in a while. Previous builds were broken, hoping this one is better. Theme is creature recursion. Oh, and I would like to keep the card at a low cost overall.

>>49739000
Wow, that's kinda crazy. I think I'd make it 3BGW just to be on the safe side, though I could be wrong.
>>
File: Yavett Profane Prince.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Yavett Profane Prince.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
I really need a critique on this one. Should I even have a discard outlet tacked to it? Is it powerful enough with just the madness ability? How about power and toughness/cmc?
>>
>>49739000
I'd recommend something like this instead, make it cmc XBGW and have ~ enters the battlefield with X plus 2 +1/+1 counters on it. Whenever ~ is dealt damage, remove that many +1+1 counters from it and create that many 1/1 black spirit tokens with shadow.
>>
>>49732412
*smacks with one sword* "I'm Out" *flickers*
I like it.
>>
Alright folks, I'm at one planeswalker card from finishing my custom set.

Not sure what to do, I already have a Jeskai planeswalker planed for the second set of the block, and I got Monoblack and RG, do I'm hesitating between which one to do
>>
>>49740528
Do a WU, Sultai, or WB walker
>>
>>49740644
I can't really put WU, because it would step on my Jeskai planeswalker in my opinion, and I think there's too many WB, I'd need something that happens less often, probably RW
>>
>>49740837
why not GB or GW?
>>
>>49740873
Well, I already have a Monoblack, tho I suppose GW would be pretty good. I think I'll go with that.
>>
>>49740402
simultaneously more complex and less functional. May see what I can do with counters though.
>>
>>49740321
I figure it's okay, since the mana you have to spend looting takes away from any potential mana to cast madness spells, so you need a ton of mana to even do anything with it. It honestly doesn't really need blue though.
>>
File: Mayal Tadris.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mayal Tadris.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>49740889
Alright, so here's the design. I'm not sure about it, so what's your opinions guys?
>>
File: Lovecraft_15.jpg (359KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft_15.jpg
359KB, 1875x523px
>>
File: The Shriek.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Shriek.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49708402
rate pls guys
>>
File: The Final Bastion.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
The Final Bastion.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
fetching memenite broken?
>>
File: Highway Orphan.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Highway Orphan.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>
File: benis.png (702KB, 786x717px) Image search: [Google]
benis.png
702KB, 786x717px
>>49742417
>tribal storm
pic

>>49742444
I think the flavor text is a bit borked. Probably not too powerful of a card.
>>
File: Bat-Swarm.jpg (62KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bat-Swarm.jpg
62KB, 375x523px
>>49740499
Thanks. I actually came up with the idea a long time ago for an AVP character and people really liked it. Just threw in a target flicker for Rose though.

>>49742502
>>tribal storm
I didn't see the card before I read this, and assumed it had something like
>[creature type] Storm (When you cast this spell, copy it for each other [creature type] spell cast this turn. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
Which I honestly could see in a tribal set. Or maybe just one expensive card that grants it to other spells.
>>
File: Abandoned Factory.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Abandoned Factory.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>49742444
Dryad Arbor in white with a relevant creature type? Seems good but not broken, but people here are wary of "free" creatures.

There was a fair amount of discussion about whether or not pic related was just good or Factory/Mutavault levels of broken, and if Factory/Mutavault were broken at all.
>>
>>49742969
>[creature type] Storm (When you cast this spell, copy it for each other [creature type] spell cast this turn. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
That's crazy. I'm going to use that on one of the creatures in my set.
>>
File: Tribal Storm.jpg (141KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tribal Storm.jpg
141KB, 750x523px
>>49743492
You realize Storm only works for I/S cards, right? Well, you could do a manual cast trigger for an effect.
>As you cast ~, [effect] for each other [type] spell cast this turn.
Like, uh... here, here's a mockup of an idea. And of course, it would combo natural with tribal, though I doubt Wizards will ever bring that back.
>>
>>49743711
I know that actual storm is for instants and sorceries only, but I'm thinking an ETB trigger that checks if you cast it, like: when ~ enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, copy it for each other TRIBE spell that you've cast this turn. This last clause could also be changed to TRIBE card that you've played this turn or something to that effect.
>>
>>49743755
>when ~ enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand,
And you can't just make it a cast trigger because...?
>>
File: Dinosaur Island.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dinosaur Island.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49743346
I really like this land. No clue if it's broken, or those other cards are. Oh, speaking of potentially broken lands, this.
>>
>>49743792
ETB is a lot more exploitable.
>>
>>49743854
>ETB is a lot more exploitable.
Yeah... except when you include an "if cast it from your hand" requirement.
>>
>>49743868
Forgot that I did that. Cast is more compact, then.
>>
>Trying to figure out how to export my custom set to be playable on cockatrice

Fucking hell, couldn't they make this shit any simplier?
>>
>>49743911
http://www.mediafire.com/file/89807xg4ih96d96/magic-cockatrice.mse-export-template.zip
There's a Readme in there. It's pretty simple, actually.
>>
File: download.jpg (298KB, 1425x398px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
298KB, 1425x398px
>>
>>49744584
Eldritch Chant seems several cuts above the rest. Psychic Shriek seems a bit weak, as do Whip Fire and Wizard's Rebuttal (you forgot the apostrophe in that one).
>>
>Grove of the Burnwillows
>Horizon Canopy
>Nimbus Maze
>River of Tears
which one would make for a good cycle? I want to say Nimbus Maze or River of Tears, since they never got a reprint
>>
File: Adam Artificer Reborn.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Adam Artificer Reborn.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Posting my shitty idea for a planeswalker for Artifact Tribal, since Wizards refuses to print a legendary Artificer.
>>
>>49745492
>You may tap or untap up to one target artifact. Draw a card.
>Search your library for an artifact card, reveal it, put it into your hand, and shuffle your library.
Not sure about the draw on the +, but as an artificer, he's a nice side-grade to Tezzeret the Seeker.
>>
File: omen.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
omen.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Thoughts on this mechanic?
>>
>>49745746
Am I paying both the Omen cost and the regular cost (when its the right time) for the spell?
>>
>>49745820
Omen cost to exile, regular casting cost to cast.
>>
File: firstdraft.jpg (429KB, 2250x523px) Image search: [Google]
firstdraft.jpg
429KB, 2250x523px
Started working on a Dota themed set, and I'm kinda stumped on what to do.

I have my mechanics down, but I'm not sure what to do about heroes. On one hand, I want to make them creatures for the purpose of attacking and blocking, but on the other, I want to make them Planeswalkers for the abilities.
What do you guys think would run better? Keep in mind, I'm probably not gonna give every hero a card, either.

Also, any help renaming/rewording the "5 creature" mechanic is helpful. All I have is "Teamfight".
>>
File: Frosthorn Cubus.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Frosthorn Cubus.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>49744584
The keyword feels really iffy due to how to get any real value out of a card you have to get the con to go off. I think I'd like it cared about something else to trigger it.

>>49746108
>Blast
The red of this card makes no sense. R doesn't get hard counters like this. It should be 1UU.
>Octarine
This feels really bonkers. Like I think the best way to ballance this is to change it to, "T: Choose one--
::Gain 1 life
::Add C to your mana pool
::Noncreature, nonartifact spells you cast this turn cost 2 less
>MAke, plaesnwalker
This card doesn't feel green, and it could easily be mono black. Why does it exile from your top with the +1? Why does it have an over costed 2 wipe when it isn't in red?
>Make, creature edition
Nothing about this is blue. This card feels really RBW. Dealing damage to creatures in combat fits RW really well, while the almost vindicate is obviously W or B or WB.
>Mass
This feels really over costed. Like a good comparison would be Martial coupe. Martial is strictly better in a lot of situations and costs less, and is a lower rarity.
If the tokens got death touch and lost defend this would be okay at mythic, but still feel like a rare. It could also be GB instead of WB.
>Oglodi
No. Repeatable stone rain for less then stone rain isn't fair, even if it requires you to have a wide board. I think making it, "When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy target land if you control X or more creatures."
>>
File: counterflux.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
counterflux.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>49746287
>R doesn't get hard counters

Thanks for the rest of the advice, though. I'll try to fix what I can.
>>
>>49746287
>R doesn't get hard counters like this.
I'm sorry, but I just need to point out how wrong this statement is. Yes, Red ALONE doesn't get hard counters, true. But when it's being used in a card with a color that does get hard counters alone, it's fine. The entire point of multicolor is to combine aspects of two or more colors. OK, that's the point most of the time. Sometimes it's just a justification to make something with a relatively very low CMC.
>>
>>49746338
Counter flux is a fine UR counter spell because there are aspects of that that are both R and U. If C-flux only fits as UR though because it has 2 effects on it that both fit R very well, as well as U (Overload and the "Can't be countered" line.)
If it was lacking either I'd argue it could be mono blue.

>>49746406
Nothing about that card though feels red. All of its effects and keywords are pretty blue. Honestly it feels more UG due to G getting so many "almost-turnaside" effects.
>>
File: Miyuki the Driven Snow.png (219KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Miyuki the Driven Snow.png
219KB, 375x523px
Had a weird idea on the way home from seeing Shin Gojira/Godzilla Resurgence. Pretty sure it's unrelated. I don't know if the wording works like I want it to; I want to prevent the O-ring exploits that caused Banisher Priest to be made. Did I manage that or does this have the same problems?

>>49746452
I like it, but the joke name isn't doing it any favors.

>>49746287
This is pretty cool. Why Threshold though? Seems an odd choice for a one-off card that doesn't really need it to function, or for flavor.

>>49745746
Hm. Omen seems neat, but sounds like an UB mechanic. And really, maybe it'd fit better there too? Blue bounces its own stuff all the time, and black sacs its own stuff, so they'd both love it, and the name'd fit pretty well to boot. I feel like it wants to be on bigger stuff though. Demons and whatnot.
>>
>>49745820
>>49745838
He's asking if you pay both the exile cost,then the regular cost when it triggers. The way is worded, you do have to pay the regular casting cost from exile.
>>
>>49746605
Gah, pretend there's an "under its owner's control" in there where it's supposed to be. Rushed it into production so I wouldn't forget the idea.
>>
File: Shock Put.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shock Put.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>49746605
Fuco was made as a response to someone bitching about how boring R walkers are. He is an example of how you can do things much more complex and interesting then how Wizards has been designing them.
Frosthorn was just the UB uncommon for a threshold set I was putting together. I wanted to make a sorta hybrid of Frost Lynx and Royal Assassin.
>>
File: Phantom Zone3.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Phantom Zone3.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
OK, well, fuck r/custommagic. Apparently they want artist credit for every single card. Even ones you link to. Yeah, not going to GIS 100+ cards for them. Especially when I know I'm going to replace the art on half of them anyway.
>>
>>49746607
And I said yes. You pay the omen cost to exile it, then you pay its regular casting cost to cast it.
>>49746605
Omen has to stay in UR for me. I believe red is a perfectly acceptable place for it, too. Red exiles stuff and casts that stuff from exile more than just about any other color, following recent design trends.
>>
File: Abysian Visions.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Abysian Visions.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>49746605
Having a creature that always wins combat feels really unfun. The effect isn't busted as it is still a 2/2 for 4.
I personally wouldn't want a legend though to be this unfun.
>>
>>49746605
>Miyuki
I don't really think this works due to how cards "forget" their previous status when they change zones. Really, you could just take out the part where she flickers herself (seems kinda pointless really) and say
>Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, exile that creature until ~ leaves the battlefield.

Also, kinda curious about that Godzilla movie.
>>
>>49746750

That looks retardly powerful, specially since the second time around is literally card advantage and you can mill your deck and then cast that for a single mana
>>
>>49746747
>omen
I am looking at what it does, and it says you can only cast a card that has been Omened when a creature you control leaves the battlefield. How does that play into Impulse? I assume you mean that since it has Omen it can be cast from exile even if you don't cast it the turn you impulse it? I suppose so, but the keyword still seems more UB to me overall given the "normal" usage of the mechanic.

>>49746647
I see.

>>49746725
Well, I know people that like Reddit. I don't care one way or another about them. Artist credits are nice but I think only really belong on cards going into sets to be used a played with. One-offs are just as likely to be discarded or forgotten as not.

>>49746750
Well, this post is basically all opinion. I mean I can get that having a creature get stuck in stasis can be unfun but at least it has to interact with her in combat; Banisher Priest just straight up gets rid of it for 1WW and you can't do a damn thing unless you get rid of the priest. You get your creature back the next time you block her. Though, that does make me think I might remove her ability to do it on a block. Seems a bit annoying come to think of it.

>>49746787
She cloudshifts so you get the last exiled card back and replace it with the new one. Though as I said, I think it might only make it when she's blocked to make it more interesting overall.

>Godzilla
I liked the first 1hr 40mis. The end... I didn't care for, but eh, that's just my opinion. If you can see it for under $9, do it if you like Big G. It's a fresh take and will have you discussing it afterwards with your friends, at the very least. Lots to theorize about.
>>
>>49746787
>>49746947
Though... my explanation fails to address the other issue you mentioned about exiled things not remembering what they were... shit. I dunno how to fix that bit. Have her Cloudshift at a different time?
>>
>>49746947
>Omen
Creatures leaving the battlefield isn't tied to a color. Red's creatures leave the battlefield all of the time; through combat, through removal, from dash-style effects like Glitterfang. When working with it, I'll make sure it has plenty of in-color enablers.
>>
>>49747076
You do you man. My opinions are just that: opinions.
>>
>>49747128
I appreciate your input. I just don't have the option of making it UB. It either works for me in UR, or it's back to the drawing board for me.
>>
>>49747159
Well, hopefully you get more input that confirms or denies your decision. Sometimes it takes a few threads to get enough feedback to make a good judgement call on a set mechanic. They are kind of important to get squared away early, since so much rides on them.
>>
File: Miyuki the Driven Snow.png (214KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Miyuki the Driven Snow.png
214KB, 375x523px
I had a weird idea for Miyuki up there. She is such a weird card, but I like her nonetheless. Hopefully this one makes all the choices that occur surrounding her more meaningful. Or it just made her more convoluted, I dunno.
>>
What should this cost?

Rat Enchantment
Whenever a rat you control deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
Whenever you draw a card, put a 1/1 black rat creature token with deathtouch onto the battlefield.
>>
>>49747451
Well, usually, you shouldn't make a card that can combo by itself. But anyway, I would make it legendary and make it cost 3BB
>>
>>49747478
>usually, you shouldn't make a card that can combo by itself
why not? wizards does this all the time
>>
File: Brightest Day.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Brightest Day.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>49747245
Ah, much better. It is weird how it discourages blocking like this though. I feel like there should be some way to do the exile thing without making it broken. I'll try to come up with something. Also, what's her lore?
>>
>>49747185
You're not wrong there. Thanks for the support, man.
>>
File: Adal Ukrus Young Master.png (203KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Adal Ukrus Young Master.png
203KB, 375x523px
>>49746750
That's too good dude.
>>
>>49747573
Well, I felt that instead of making the exile/return cycle automatic, adding a choice might spice it up. I wouldn't say it discourages blocking so much as it makes you decide whether a low-risk block is worth losing the creature you have locked up in exile. Play/counterplay is important to good design (god I sound like MaRo...)

No real lore surrounding her; the mechanic is what popped into my head while debating the finer points of giant atomic lizards with my brother. Her being a samurai was more because I had good art for it and the fact that I was talking about a Japanese film at the time. If someone making a Kamigawa 2.0 wanted to use her, I'd be more than happy.

>Brightest Day
Hm. I get that it being a blanket effect, and therefore "equal" is very white, but it kinda messes with the idea that it's really a "Brightest Day" since your opponent is getting their stuff too. Though, to be fair, white is pretty okay at GY hate, so...
>>
>>49747590
I have to ask: is this you, Timeanon?
>>
File: Blackest Night.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blackest Night.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>49747630
Well, it just seems odd that a White card has an upside to attacking and a downside to blocking.

>Brightest Day
Goddamnit. I'm trying to make a pair of cards that mirror each other, along with this guy, Blackest Night. But I have no idea how to get them on the same level as each other.
>>
File: Nubo, the Greed.png (242KB, 375x524px) Image search: [Google]
Nubo, the Greed.png
242KB, 375x524px
I never realised there was a thread for this before. I used to think up my own cards all the time and would love some feedback : D. For this guy I really struggled with exiling cards face up or down, and whether "ultimate" should be -x or just a plain cost
>>
>>49747786
Seems really, really weak. No utility or means to deal with your opponents in any way.
>>
>>49747820
What I tried to do was creating a very greedy card, and when trying to test it, I had difficulty balancing it. (also, was tested in a set of my own design, so that may explain why I had so much trouble getting the power right : D)
>>
>>49747876
Stop it with the emoticons. It's also not very greedy, and is in fact pretty conservative and boring.
>>
>>49747884
I may have misstated what I meant. I tried to get a mindset, where you would want to "greed out" on him, essentially generating a card's value each turn, but you would risk not getting the value each time you didn't cash in. I compared him to Jace Beleren, in that he is a 3 mana planeswalker that can draw you a card every turn, but not indefinitely
>>
>>49747736
Well, I was thinking a little about Gustcloak when making it, if that means anything.

Blackest Night makes a lot more sense to me, because I think it's easier to build around losing all your creatures than it is to give your opponent back all of theirs. Just less steps all told. So, Brightest Day might just need to be one-sided, or give your opponent a consolation prize that doesn't make up for all the creatures you're getting. Maybe drawing a card for every creature you get? I dunno. Something that won't save them from getting their faces smashed, but is still "keeping it equal", I'd say.

>>49747786
I looked at this and thought of something really crazy:

0: Create a 0/1 <color> soldier token named Bodyguard. It has "Can only block creatures attacking Nubo, the Greed."

0: Reveal the top card of your library, then exile it and put a number of loyalty counters on Nubo equal to its converted mana cost.

-X: X must be all loyalty counters on Nubo: Until end of turn, you may cast any number of cards exiled with Nubo with total converted mana cost equal to the number of loyalty counters removed from Nubo.

I dunno. I went pretty far off the reservation with this.
>>
>>49747931
>in that he is a 3 mana planeswalker that can draw you a card every turn, but not indefinitely
But he doesn't do that. His method of draw is just setting it aside, instead of actually drawing. If you use his ability every turn it can only get you cards after you pop his ultimate, but if he dies before that they're all gone in a flash. You almost never get your card value, especially if you're going to generate blockers.
>>
>>49747948
Oh god, what was I doing with that ult wording? Should have used X to represent the CMC, not all them damn words.
>>
>>49747786
Please read the op.
>>
>>49747786
This would make more sense as a regular enchantment, as is it's super slow and being vulnerable to attacks or Lightning Bolts makes that a huge liability.

How about making him UB and changing it to something like...

+1: Choose target creature you control. Ff that creature dies before your next turn, exile the top two cards of your library.
-2: Exile any number of creatures you control. For each creature exiled this way, draw a card.
-5: Put all cards exiled by Nubo into your hand.

You can either build up to the ult by nominating bodyguards, or just greedily nuke your dudes for cards.
>>
>>49748030
What are you referring to? The art? Sorry, I just had this one laying around. The art is from the Dominion card game, if that helps
>>
>>49747948
I don't care if Day is "keeping it equal" or not, I just want something that does mass recursion, just as Night does mass removal. God these two cards are such a pain. I'm never going to do a mirrored pair again.
>>
>>49748086
Sorry dude, didn't mean to cause more irritation.
>>
>>49748083
You used cardsmith, which is a big nono.
>>
>>49748048
I actually really like this! The only problem I have is that my cycle is 3-mana mono color planeswalkers. I actually had "You may exile a creature card from your graveyard, if you do" at the bodyguard-ability at one point, but it actually made it worse
>>
>>49748106
No, I'm just pissed because Reddit is the least intuitive or helpful site to ever exist, and my computer is throwing a fit over Chrome having more tgan ten tabs open at once.
>>
>>49748203
>going on reddit
>using chrome
>>
>>49748281
Yes, because someone recommended the r/custommagic Reddit and I decided to try it. Hopefully it actually goes somewhere before I lose my patience. Seriously, Reddit fucking sucks.

Yeah, Chrome. As opposed to what exactly? I'm not into retro, so I don't use Internet Explorer. I don't like drowning in add-ons, so I don't use FireFox. And I don't like buying overpriced plastic art pieces, so I'm not using whatever the fuck Apple uses.
>>
>>49748328
>I don't like drowning in add-ons, so I don't use FireFox
What are you talking about? Also, Google is sketchy as fuck and Firefox is a lot better for your privacy.
>>
File: Woeshaper.png (264KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Woeshaper.png
264KB, 375x523px
>>49748203
I will second that it's poorly laid out. I tried once; never again.

Speaking of trying things again you shouldn't... more Lapse! I'm giving it the Common/Uncommon test; if I can't make decent commons and uncommons with it, it's not worth exploring as a mechanic. Though, part of me thinks it'll end up BR instead of UB, given that most people will naturally see rummaging as red, since it's traditionally as such. Hell, maybe I shouldn't fight it; BR could use a mechanic that isn't all about suicide aggro. Black card first, at any rate. The issue I'm already seeing is a lot of these are gonna be "if draw/discard happens" which means very samey triggers/ability word-sounding stuff on a lot of cards with no actual ability words. I guess it's the Ingest issue, really. Maybe this is just as bad. Now that I've stewed over it and slept on it, I'm not as enamored with it as when I first came up with the idea.
>>
>>49748359
That card does not seem uncommon. It's really powerful when ran in a black shell that uses discard as a control method.
>>
>>49748355
Sorry, I don't keep up with things, and the last thing I ever heard about FireFox was that you had to get a bunch of different addons to get it to work well. But that was years ago.
>>
>>49748386
Nah, I just use NoScript, uBlockOrigin, and GreaseMonkey (gets me 4chanX and the exhentai plugin).
>>
>>49748377
Oh, I should have made it when an opponent discards anyway to prevent abusing it yourself with Madness or something. What needs to be nerfed about it?
>>
File: Mobius the Anti-Monitor7.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mobius the Anti-Monitor7.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
Well, at least the Reddit bullshit lead me to PlaneSculptors. Very small, very new by the looks of it. But if you have a custom set, you can upload it and others can view it without downloading the MSE.
>>
>>49748425
Mana cost up? It's a really potent wincon since you start getting an additional bonus that can beat down your opponent whenever you dispose of a their cards.
>>
>>49748472
Huh, that sounds interesting for all the setmakers around here.

>>49748484
Yeah, it's probably too cheap. Also, maybe the body should be more aggressive so you have to choose whether to let it through and allow the discard/Horror, or possibly lose a creature to it. Put it at 3B and made it a 3/2 to encourage just going 1 for 1 against it but rewarding a player who can get it through.
>>
>>49748592
Boom. You just fixed that card up bigtime.
>>
>>49748613
Ah, good. I dread posting a blue card with Lapse on it though. Well, honestly that's probably the best way to find out how big of a mistake trying to stick the concept into UB it is.
>>
>>49744584
These things are usually costed as if you could always trigger the copy. Fire whip and Psychic shriek are the only ones costed about right. Costs are generally double the card effect, maybe a little under that.
>>
>>49734721
>>Zauriel
>Zombies in G or R feel really out of place, thus his R and G actives just feel out of place.
There are a ton of BG, BR, and BU zombies, in this guys defense
>>
>>49749000
>a ton
That's a bit of a stretch.
Blue is really the only other color that even got mono-colored non-black Zombies (beside one-offs).
>>
>>49749028
Regardless, zombies are in all 4 colors and there are a large number of cards in each of the non-B colors that compliment zombie decks. I don't see anything wrong with the 4c zombie lord. if anything it kinda makes me hope one of the ones in c16 is similar
>>
>>49749113
Honestly, I just find the commanders with off-color activation like this for the sole purpose of "enabling" their other colors as kind of just lazy design. I really hope that Wizards doesn't take this route.
>>
>>49749758
>>49749758

New Thread
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 126

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.