[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any setting where Orcs aren't shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

Is there any setting where Orcs aren't shit?
>>
You have to explain first what you mean with "shit".
>>
>>49708149

Warcraft and LOTR.
>>
>>49708149
I think >>49708372 is right, the latest iterations of Warcraft do a good job of developing Orcs. There was also that book series from a few years ago which was called 'Orcs' and developed them as round characters while keeping them right Orcy.
>>
>>49708372
>LOTR
>Orcs live in misery and anger, hate Sauron yet are forced to serve him
>not shit
>>
>>49708149
Aren't Orcs meant to be shit? If you want disciplined armies go Uruk-hai or Hobgoblins.
>>
Shadowrun and Earthdawn have cool orcs.
>>
>>49708940
>Believing elf and human propaganda
>not realizing orcs live in a glorious worker's paradise with benevolent foreman Sauron

I'm sorry anon, there's no hope for you. The human lies already have you
>>
File: 48915151514.jpg (1MB, 2048x1606px) Image search: [Google]
48915151514.jpg
1MB, 2048x1606px
40k Orks?

I mean they arent Orcs but Green skin looks the same to me
>>
>>49709337
>be Elf
>get tortured until you look like a pile of shit and are called Orc
>later on some asshole says you live in paradise

Orcs truly can't catch a break
>>
File: IMG_2608.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2608.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>49708149
Eberron. The Gatekeepers, an ancient orcish Druidic sect, are basically the only thing keeping the plane from getting Lovecrafted.

>>49708372
>not shit
>Warcraft lore
>mfw
>>
>>49708149
Eberron. Half are Tribal Paladins dedicated to the Silver Flame, and guarding an ancient Labyrinth in order to keep unspeakable evils from escaping it. Think Space Marine Orcs that worship a giant silver flame instead of the Emprah.

The other half are Barbarian/Druids dedicated to protecting entrances to the UnderDark/Abyss dimension known as Khyber in order to prevent Aberrations and Demons from escaping, and they've been doing so for thousands of years.

Both have humans within their tribes, meaning that they're not rapey as a race, and it's not even that uncommon to see them as normal people in other civilizations.

Seriously, Eberron best official setting. You can play whatever the hell you want without getting sterotyped. It even made Dark Elves playable, and normal Elves badass.
>>
Orcs are tolerable

Nothing will ever be as completely shit as Dwarves

Literally no way to make a Dwarf race interesting
>>
>>49709577
>t. elf
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (161KB, 600x800px)
Untitled.jpg
161KB, 600x800px
>>49709577
Why do Elves lust after Orc cock so much?
>>
>>49708372
>>49708399
You have to be a special kind of idiot to think Warcraft doesn't have to worst version of everything.
>>
>>49709645
Undead are cool.
>>
>>49709655
Get out and don't come back.
>>
>>49709626
Cause the bombs did funky, awful things to the Japanese brains.
>>
>>49709626
because they are the manliest fuckers around
>>
>>49709626
Same reason Silver Dragons lust after Human cock.
>>
>>49709424
>Be Elf
>decide that the aristocracy is ruining your society
>Stagnation, won't move on into the next, modern, era
>Not sharing magical wonders with other races of the world
>Find a leader who agrees
>unites those with your sentiment under him and promises to make changes to the world
>Set up new political party
>Order for the Retaking of Civilization
>ORC
>Jealous outsiders call you 'Orcs' in a petty attempt to insult you
>Set up glorious industrial city paradise
>Everyone is equal
>Everyone works towards mutual goals
>Protective equipment makes you look funny
>Some asshole claims you were tortured and horribly disfigured
>Supports the invasion of your lands and the wholesale slaughter of your people based on the way you look

Orcs truly can't catch a break
>>
>>49710027
That doesn't explain while you're all ugly as sin compared to other Elves.
Or why you eat Humans.
>>
>>49710070
>Ugly as sin
>Mistaking protective equipment for what we look like

>Eating humans
>Elf propaganda because our modern ways are a threat to their backwards and decadent lifestyle
>eating the meat of lesser creatures for the superior enhancements to our diets = Durr hurr they is eatin humans
>Only eat fowl and cattle in reality

It's like you WANT to believe the lies that the elf aristocrats are telling you anon
>>
>>49710106
I've SEEN Orc faces, under their helmets
You're ugly as sin, with weird cancerous growths on your faces.

And I've heard you fuckers talking about eating "Man-flesh"
>>
>>49709645
>s-stop liking what i don't like!!!!

i don't even like borecraft and you're still a giant faggot
>>
>>49710124
>Eating Man Flesh

Come now, it's not like Elfs acceptance of homo-erotic actions is new
>>
>>49710124
If you'd seen us you'd know we just look like elves with darker skin, due to the southeastern climate we live in after we broke from the tyranny. You've "seen" servants of the aristocracy attempting to make us look bad

It wasn't "man-flesh" it was "pan-fresh" meat and certain pastries always taste better freshly cooked in a skillet over flame
>>
>>49710168
Yes, the Elves who like far to the west of me are the ones who sieged my home city, not the Orcs who live next door. It was an Elf face I saw not an Orc, totally.

One of them wanted to eat my buddy's corpse!
>>
>>49708149
By them being "shit" do you mean them being pathetic in-setting or being badly written?
>>
>>49710197
We are simple peaceful workers anon, we have no armies, no engines of war or siege, we do not have the capability to besiege anything.

The giant structures are for mining and processing, habitats and transports. It is simply not possible.

I would also add our lands are ringed by a ferocious set of mountains, how would we transport any of that type of equipment across the border, even if we had it?
>>
>>49710242
Oh, I dunno, the Black Gate? You know, that thing on your borders, that used to be guarded by the Ranger Core. Who got butchered by your kind.
>>
>>49710143
>auto-lose

There's nothing like someone revealing how much of a retard they are like using a discussion suicide statement that's essentially "Stop disliking what I like" and hoping to walk away without being called a dumb hypocrite.
>>
>>49709577
Fackin elves, say that to me damned face, and ye'll have a waraxe lodged into yer face ye care about so much.
>>
>>49709577
Dwarves are quite cool in many setting though.
I especially like Dragon Age. How they have the whole higher political system set up, and how they are dedicated to killing Darkspawn.
>>
>>49710272
You mean those barbarians who forcibly took our only route into our land from our control? The ones who killed single platoon of soldiers that lived there and provided protection and housing for wearied traders?
The barbarians who demanded cuts of the goods, robbed the caravans and slaughtered our people who refused?

Yes anon, we were forced to fight them. It was a great shame that despite all our negotiation attempts, every diplomatic tactic we tried for nigh on 200 years failed. Finally our leader ordered one of his most trusted administrators, a man known for his ability to defuse conflicts, to raise a volunteer militia and attempt to persuade the bandits to leave one more time. When they would not, we were forced to kill them, to protect the only road into our kingdom. The people were starving and dying out anon. We lament this action to this day, but we were left no choice. Many brave members of the ORC militia perished in that fight.
>>
>>49710312
He's right though, your argument is literally
>Warhammer and every idea it has is shit and never worthy of consideration in any form.
That's retarded nigga.
>>
>>49710331
Dwarves just dont offer anything unique enough to warrant a new race
>>
>>49710346
>You mean those barbarians who forcibly took our only route into our land from our control?

For someone dwelling in Mordor that'd be the route out.

Hang the impostor!
>>
>>49710203
Both.
>>
>>49709645
The Draenei are cool, though a non evil proto demon race is still quite strange.
>>
>>49710420
>Into/out
Anon do you even trade routes?
Besides we say 'in' as it's more welcoming. We take in any who tire of the elven aristocratic oppression
>>
The Dwarves in Elder Scrolls managed to be interesting and different.A bunch of elves that believed in logic, science and technology.They even managed to devolve their weak sauce snow elf cousins into lesser beings that don't even count as sentient anymore.
>>
>>49710384
How do they not? And if you don't consider them to, how do elves, or halflings? Dwarves are caste system people who live underground or on top of mountains, have a very rich culture, worship stone and ancestors, live long, but not as long as elves, hold honor very high, are stubborn, oftentimes resistant to magic. They have a lot of details to them, and thats just off the top of my head.
>>
>>49710377
No, it's Warcraft that's absolute shit, and yes, that's quite true.

Regardless of that, there's no better way to say "I'm an idiot" than to complain about someone saying something, and then going forward and saying the same exact thing, only weighed by a retard's opinion.

If you want to go deeper into how all of warcraft is the dumbest version of every single race, it partially stems from the silly WoW "hoard vs. alliance" business that tried to balance the races and make them good-bad, which ultimately just made them all bad with a scattering of a few good ideas.

Warcraft is a great example of how to never write lore, and how clinging to golden cows while dragging them into different formats leads to atrocities against design.
>>
>>49710515
Dwarves are shit because tech in a fantasy setting is the most booooooooring positive trait because its comparable to real life when people where more moronic than they are now
>>
>>49710312
>>49710518
>t. an Intellectual

kek
>>
>>49710458
Elder Scrolls is another great example of a shitty setting that people only like because it's attached to a video game they view through nostalgia lenses.

What you just described is terrible. Calling them dwarves is senseless, and they're basically just less-flavorful drow.
>>
>>49710458

But those weren't really "dwarves", dwarfags would call them elves because they are normal height/tall, have weird mumbo-jumbo past and there's a lost of mysticism around those.

I can only think of one case where dwarves are a bit interesting, and this is when you play their greed aspect like in "13th Age" or "Burning Wheel", but there's still not a lot to play with.
>>
>>49710562
Wow, such meme.
>>
>>49710553
What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>49710553
they're not really that tech based though. In some settings sure, but other than that, its more simple machines (lifts and gears and stuff). I often view them more as traditionalist warriors with hammers and axes, who put worth in honor, valor, and strength.
>>
>>49710609
He's he doesn't like technology more advanced than "Fantasy-version of medieval" in Fantasy, because it reminds him of the real world. And he's one of those people who thinks everyone in the real world is an idiot(except for him or people he likes)
>>
>>49710683
Nice projection
>>
>>49709626
Because orcs are hypermasculine and by the end of the day, women are aroused by violent and agressive men.
>>
>>49710683

I'm the other guy and while I even like crossing science fiction with fantasy like in old fantasy or comics (say, "Thorgal") dwarves don't even fill this niche of strange, otherworldly tech.

It's usually just "they like digging and carving stone and have some advanced tech like...gunpowder. Or drills. Or Leonardo helicopters/steamtanks"

And personally I'd like my fantasy to be more of a blend of ancient and maybe early medieval than high middle ages.
>>
The Elder Scrolls
>>49708372
I would agree on LOTR on originality meme but Warcraft is fucking terrible at every single aspect they do, including Orcs
I am not even sure why they insist on making Orcs look civil while keeping their warrior culture and what not
Their design is also terrible and Thrall a god damn faggot
>>
Wicked Fantasy. It's a Pathfinder-based spin-off setting where Orks *were* the standard "Always Chaotic Evil" raiders, then decided "fuck that shit" and killed their evil creator gods and are now trying to find a new purpose in life. They have a really neat cultural writeup, based around respecting pain, the honor of scars... it's really cool stuff.
>>
>>49708399
>book series from a few years ago which was called 'Orcs' and developed them as round characters while keeping them right Orcy.

That series was the most wretched shit I've ever had the displeasure of reading, and you are a bad person for recommending it.
>>
>>49708372
>Warcraft

Everything in Warcraft lore went to shit when they decided alternative universes were allowed to be a thing.
>>
File: hots_skin_thrall[1].jpg (332KB, 1439x811px) Image search: [Google]
hots_skin_thrall[1].jpg
332KB, 1439x811px
>>49708149
Warcraft Orcs are pretty cool.
>>
>>49714511
When will Blizzard stop wanking Thrall?
>>
>>49709645
>>49708372

Warcraft Orcs before WC3 were so fucking cool. Everything after is rather shit.
>>
>>49708149
Define what you feel is shit
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.