[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 42

File: Ruric Thar, Gaper of Anuses.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Ruric Thar, Gaper of Anuses.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
PUNY BLUE WIZARD edition

Old thread: >>49686271

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info

Thread Topic: What's the biggest surprise for your deck in Kaladesh?
>>
ooga fucking booga shoot the blue player with a bazooka
>>
Any spicy tech for Ertai, the Corrupted or Esper Pillowfor Control?
>>
Personally, I like the two-coloured lands and I feel like they were built for EDH. The only time I'm really pissed about a land entering tapped is in the first couple turns, and if you play a lot of basics, it allows you to stay on curve without blowing your wad on bullshit. Get 'em while they're cheap, casuals will love this shit.
>>
File: 1465069874694.jpg (9KB, 210x251px) Image search: [Google]
1465069874694.jpg
9KB, 210x251px
>>49697052
>watching Luke Cage
>see this comment
>Immediately proceed to watch a nigga shoot a bazooka at Luke

topkek
>>
I made this instead of working today. Someone tell me how shitty it is.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-10-16-mistform-ultimus/
>>
>>49697219
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-10-16-mistform-ultimus/
0/10. It was so bad tappedout didn't even know where it was located.
>>
>>49697054
Lullmage Mentor for Ertai.
>>
>>49697146
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0EUxH0aaA8
>>
>>49696947
How do I get Zombies out to sac early game in Gisa?
I found a couple, but I end up relying on equipment to boost up zombies. Which takes a while to get going.
>>
>>49697484
Do you need specifically zombies to sack?

If so, your best bet is reanimating something that generates zombies. You know the usual suspects here, but also Overseer of the Damned is pretty good.

If not, how early game do you need them?
>>
>>49697521
It's just annoying because I will usually summon one creature before turn 5, then just sac a 3/3 on turn 6.
And Sometimes I'll save it to equip and I'll get a couple zombies on turn 7.
>>
>>49697586

Equipping creatures just to make more zombies when you sac them seems super counter intuitive to me, am I missing something?

Wouldn't it be simpler and easier to just play more and bigger creatures?
>>
>>49697586
I think you have some problems at the drawing board.

Glissa is good, but in terms of deck building philosophy, I believe that you should build your deck to win without your commander. Of course things will synergize with your commander, but just slapping equips on a creature turn 7 to get a couple more zombies just doesn't scream value.

What I suggest is building from the ground up. Get a lot of cheap 4 drop demons with hilarious power, a couple of token generators like sengir autocrat, or Endrek Sahr, and make it some kind of hybrid beatdown thing. Sure, you can still combo off with zombies, but instead of that being your only option, you get the opportunity to do other things.

Maybe go reanimator? Buried alive + victimize is one of my favorite plays in the game. Nim deathmantle never disappoints. Caldron of Souls is surprisingly underrated.

What are you doing your first couple of turns?
>>
>>49697611
You equip them with artifacts that boost them up beyond what a normal creature would be. I've used certain equipments to get almost 100 zombies in a single turn without any broken combo.
It just took fucking forever and it was a game of pentagram.
>lashwrithe
>stoneforge masterwork
>blade of the bloodchief
Or just take a turn to get out Coat of arms, door of destinies, or something like that.
It can take a while to get going.

>>49697675
>"What are you doing your first couple of turns?"
Summoning small zombies and trying to get the tribal game going.
My decks pretty heavy on tribal mechanics.
>>
>>49697745

>Stoneforge masterwork

Okay well that actually makes sense
>>
File: good boy 2000.jpg (12KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
good boy 2000.jpg
12KB, 178x248px
>>49697484
play mechavulf
>>
>>49697745
I don't know what the problem is. If you're running the usual tribal stuff, you're probably fine. Why don't you just sac little zombies and use an untapper, or something? Puppet strings isn't bad for that job.

The problem is that tribals are limited by the tribe. If you're only running zombies, then you're missing out on good cards that you can play early for the sake of running zombies. If you don't mind, that's fine, but I don't really know anything you can drop early, that will generate value, and also be a zombie that isn't like Geralf's Messenger, which I assume you're already running.
>>
File: Feldon WIP.png (1MB, 1482x644px) Image search: [Google]
Feldon WIP.png
1MB, 1482x644px
Can anyone help me with cutting some cards in my Feldon deck? Are there any great cards or synergies I've missed? There's 24 mountains hidden on the side too. I cut it down from about 170 so I'm running out of ideas on what to cut. Sin Prodder and Fateful Showdown could probably be cut but I want to try them out as I haven't built any other decks they fit in yet.
I removed Rings of Brighthearth as they're a pain on MTGO, but I know they're great and I'm probably going to build a cheaper version of this deck in paper at some point if I like the deck, which will include them.
>>
>>49697885
Is money a factor? Bazaar of Baghdad is absurd in feldon, if you can afford.
>>
>>49697864
Neat.
>>49697867
Yea, I got all that. I guess if I really need it to go faster I should put in more mana ramp. And I did just add a sol ring.
>>
>>49697239
I'm an idiot and forgot to set it to public.
>>
>>49697944
I actually had it in the deck, it's suprisingly cheap online. I'm not really sure why I took it out, I'll stick it back in.
>>
>>49697951
Post your tappedout and I'll take a look. Just tell me things you like and things you dislike about how it's preformed.

>>49697968
No worries anon, I'll take a look right now.
>>
>>49697981
Sideboard is what I'm taking out and putting in.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ghoulcaller-gisa-zombie-tribal-edh-1/
>>
>>49697885
Cut lands
>>
>>49697219
>>49697968
flavorful/10. I like it a lot. I have no idea how it will play, but you're a cool guy.
>>
>>49698016
Also, does anyone know of a black card that produces black mana when a creature dies or is sacrificed?
>>
>>49698016
I can help you out a lot.

Pick 8-10 draw cards, and 8-10 peices of ramp. Since you're playing black, you can substitute tutors in for draw if you REALLY want, but I usually throw them in additional to my card draw. For draw, I run night's whisper, read the bones (which you have), sign in blood, ambition's cost, phyrexian arena, plus flavor draw depending on the rest of the deck. For ramp I would run Dark Ritual, Cabal Ritual, Crypt Ghast (this card is black, trust me), burnished heart, cabal coffers, sol ring, thran dynamo, ashnod's altar and whatever else you think fits the theme. You already have caged sun, so you're ahead of the game, and sol ring is always very good. Worn powerstone is an alternate budget option as well.

Now, from there, things can go one of two ways. You can build reanimator, and grab reanimate, victimize, and all those good things, or you can build goodstuff/control and just pick big creatures, or nifty things until you can alpha strike with Gisa.
>>
>>49698104
Carnival of Souls is probably closest to such an effect.
>>
>>49697484
Some of black's ETB dorks are zombies.
>>
>>49698104
Carnival of souls. Black market
>>
>>49698132
>>49698142
>>49698152
>>49698162
Thanks.
>>
>>49697086
This is how I feel. I'm always surprised when people talk about the fastlands being bad in commander. Maybe it's because I played in a fast paced, competitive meta where the early turns are the most important, or because I play a low to the ground deck right now. I dunno. I can imagine not liking it in a 5 color deck since you have a lot of turns where you might still be off your colors and drawing that concealed courtyard as your last color on turn 5 is still bad, whereas in a WB or 3 color deck you have enough leeway to make sure it comes in tapped when you need it and doesn't when you don't (when you already have all 2-3 colors).

What are some good draw options in WB speaking of? I just looked it up and I actually can't find much desu. I don't know if Phyrexian Arena is worth it in an aggressive deck since it doesn't refuel very quickly, necropotence for BBB seems too hard to reach. Since my deck is mostly low CMC (average is ~2) I thought about playing Ad Naeseum but it may be too expensive for general use.
>>
>>49698321

In edh I'm not a fan of fastlands because you don't get to run 4 so the odds of drawing it before it comes into play tapped are pretty low and there are soooo many options for dual lands I just don't see why you'd want one that comes in tapped more often than not
>>
>>49698321

Phyrexian arena is almost always worth it

There's also night's whisper, sign in blood, ambition's cost, etc etc
>>
>>49698321
>doubting the power of necropotence

anon pls you are only in two colors. Even a necropotence turn 6 will pay for itself the same turn it resolves
>>
>>49698368
What I mean is, it's not really a big deal if your land comes into play tapped later in the game I find. That's why I mentioned the caveat of 5 color (and I guess now probably 4 color) where later in the game where you still need to fix your colors, you can draw it and be out of luck. But past turn 3 I find I don't need my mana to be fixed so I can afford a land to come in tapped for a turn in other decks.
>>
File: trostani-selesnyas-voice.jpg (50KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
trostani-selesnyas-voice.jpg
50KB, 243x348px
>>49696947
>>49697484
Anyone know of any white or green cards that allow you to pay life to get tokens?
>>
File: six bloody mana.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
six bloody mana.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
I want more cards that give me tokens for casting instants and sorceries (or just playing the game). I've got Talrand, Docent of Perfection, and Metallurgic Summonings. Is pic related ever worth it?
Also, if there are other cards like this in UG that I might have missed in my magiccards.info search, tell me please.
>>
>>49698494
It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but would Riku of Two Reflections be useful.
>>
>>49698481
Not white or green but you can play Phyrexian Processor and its fucking disgusting in Trostani
>>
>>49698404
1x Ancient Den
+

-

1x Bojuka Bog
1x Caves of Koilos
1x City of Brass
1x Command Tower
1x Concealed Courtyard
1x Evolving Wilds
1x Ghost Quarter
1x Glimmerpost
1x High Market
1x Mana Confluence
1x Opal Palace
1x Orzhov Basilica
1x Orzhov Guildgate
7x Plains
1x Radiant Fountain
1x Reflecting Pool
1x Rogue's Passage
1x Scoured Barrens
1x Sejiri Steppe
1x Seraph Sanctuary
1x Shambling Vent
6x Swamp
1x Tainted Field
1x Terramorphic Expanse
1x Vault of Whispers
these are all my black sources. I just don't know man. I want to play necro, I really do, but I just don't know if I'll be able to cast in consistently enough. Maybe once I get the WB filter.
>>49698388
I did just remember Dark Confidant who I'll probably play, but thinking about arena does curve kind of will in my deck, better than dark confidant does. I don't know how good the draw spells are, though I really considered Night's Whisper as well.
>>
File: 29.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
29.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>49697086
I personally don't like my lands coming in tapped ever. Unless its something like Oran-Rief, the Vastwood and is gonna really help me, I don't run it.

>>49696947
Like everyone else I am extremely excited to get my hands on a panharmonicon. EDH is all about etbs, and a free double is extremely welcome.

>>49698481
Not off the top of my head, but theres always picture related if you want something to do with excess life, and of course Storm Herd if you want a ton of tokens based on your life total.
>>
>Cast Combustible Gearhulk
>Opponent chooses burn, takes 7
>Blink it
>They still choose burn, take 13
>They kill it
>Reanimate it with Flayer of the Hatebound out
>They chose burn, take 8
>They die
I'm sorry I was disappointed by your spoiler, you're amazing.
>>
If, hypothetically, people wanted to read some poetry about commanders, which commanders should I write about first?
>>
>>49698707
>theyd rather die than let a red player straight up draw 3 cards
he died for what he believed in
>>
>>49698711
Olivia Voldaren first. Try to make it rhyme. I wanna see what you can do with futanari or dickgirl.
>>
>>49698601
get a tomb of yawgamoth man
>>
>>49698711
Ruric Thar.
>>
>>49698728
gonna get one eventually. next things im buying are a tutor and an equipment so i can start phasing out my aura package.
>>
>>49698727
Too /d/ for my tastes. Maybe when things get more established.

>>49698741
Oh, I like him. Sounds good, I'll get it written up and post it here when I'm done.
>>
>Every deck has just about the same removal suite, resulting in almost all them playing too similarly

I think I'm doing it wrong, but how can you play white with Austere Command, Tragic Arrogance, Path, Swords
>>
>>49698760
Make sure you write it like a barbarian roleplayer.
>>
>>49698760
Fag.
>>
File: 1436363946815s.jpg (3KB, 107x125px) Image search: [Google]
1436363946815s.jpg
3KB, 107x125px
Any tips for a deck like this? I'm mainly using this for semi-casual play, with the main theme being MUH VENGEANCE and just using any cards that have those themes if able, or anything synonymous with vengeance, revenge, etc
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oros-vengeance-1/
basically deck is supposed to be something like pic related
>>
>>49698543
He would, but he's one color too many. Thanks though.

>>49698707
Got a decklist?
>>
>>49698767
removal is probably white's strong suit, even moreso than black, so as long as you tune your decks then you're going to always fall back on the best options. if you're not intentionally making your deck as strong as it can be then maybe try substituting for themed options based on your commander or something, or trying some pacifism effects.
>>
>>49698780
I do, give me a bit
>>
>>49698368
early game tempo. it can mean the difference playing a dual color 4 cost commander turn 3 or 2 with a sol ring. fastlands arent as good if you depend on spells fatter than 4 alot or have plenty of ramping. usually by the time i get them later than turn 4 i dont need the mana right away.
>>
>>49698767
Same removal suite? Maybe you are doing it wrong. White has such a huge selection of removal its astonishing. There are staples of course, but nothing says you have to play them. Quickly I am gonna list some alternatives just to shame you. Rout, Martial Coup, Catastrophe, Final Judgement, Descend Upon the Sinful, Mass Calcify, Revoke Existance, Hour of Reckoning, Comeuppance, Fumigate, and Wrath of God. They might do roughly the same thing, but they are different.
>>
I have a skullbriar, bosh, teneb, but don't know what to build. I have a drana, kaalia, prossh, titania, meren, and sigarda. What do I build next? Or what should I build next? Forestwalk swampwalk skullbriar?
>>
>>49698841
Also have a sens triplets and grimgrin. Almost forgot
>>
>>49698841

build bosh, get expensive artifacts on the field and throw artifacts to people's faces via goblin welder
>>
>>49698780
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/funky-edh-sedris/
>>
File: 1341990565250.jpg (123KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1341990565250.jpg
123KB, 604x604px
How do I Wrexial?
Mill?

Sounds awful.
>>
>>49698999
Control / Kraken tribal
>>
>>49698999
lovecraftian horror theme deck
a lot of the stuff that's in-theme happens to involve mill
>>
>>49698494
Devotion enabler and secret tech for Ezuri.

Big problem is that it costs 6cmc. would be better at just 5.
>>
>>49698770
Here's a few writing exercises I did to warm up as a taste:

Haiku 1)
Ruric Thar sits still,
wondering why a blue mage
was filled with red goo.

Roses are red... 1)
ME RURIC THAR
AND ME AM HIM TOO
HI THERE JOHNNY
YOU SHOULDN'T PLAY BLU
>>
>>49698711
Kalemne please.
>>
>>49699031
This. Haven't done Wrexial but my Lorthos octo/kraken/leviathan deck is my "fun" deck
>>
>>49699204
Sure.
>>
Are there any mono-red creatures that Pyroclasm (or better) when they enter the battlefield? I know of Bloodfire Colossus, Balefire Dragon and Scourge of Kher Ridge but is there anything better? The Colossus looks like it's closest to what I'm looking for but if there's something better I'd like to hear it.
>>
>>49698711
Meren please

(Also, haiku has a second requirement. In addition to the 5 7 5 rule, the subject has to be connected to nature. Anyone who tells otherwise probably never studied them.)
>>
File: sharuum.jpg (96KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sharuum.jpg
96KB, 800x600px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/whos-that-hegemon/

Seeking recommendation on adds/cuts again.
>>
>>49699288
Caldera and Crater Hellions.
>>
>>49699288
What about that echo hellion? I forget the name.
>>
>>49699326
I did not know that, I just know they're easy to write. Thanks for the tip. I'll do Meren after Kalemne and Ruric, I've got it written in a notepad.
>>
>>49699331
y ugin?
>>
>>49699336
Crater Hellion's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
>>
>>49699288
Crater and caldera hellion
>>
>>49699351
No worries, I didn't know till I had a crash course while on a school trip to Japan.
>>
File: ugin.png (126KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
ugin.png
126KB, 223x311px
>>49699355
There's only ~15 colored permanents with the bulk of the permanents in the deck being colorless artifacts. Ugin and All is Dust function pretty well as board wipes that don't disrupt my game plan much.
>>
>>49696947
My biggest surprise is Marionette Master. I got it in prerelease, discarded it as definitely meh.

Then I played the 2hg a day and a half later, went mono black artifact synergie, and got insane value out of it and I realised how good it will be in my upcoming Glissa the Traitor deck.

That plus cranial plating is gonna be hilarious.
>>
>>49699452

(>>49699618 here)
Oh shit, I forgot he doesn't do shit against colourless stuff... I might have to get him for my glissa deck too....
>>
>>49699618
Marionette master and vehicles make me want to build king macar. I'm not but they make me want to because it's so stupid and silly.
>>
This deck list pissed me off because whenever I would try to edit it it wouldn't save. so I don't think it's legal, like 102 cards or something.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-09-16-persist/

at any rate, ignoring that, please r8. there's a turn 2 infinite mill combo hidden in there somewhere but it requires 6 specific cards in your opening hand, effectively never going to happen.
>>
>>49698104

Soldevi Adnate
>>
>>49698999
Ignore mill except the big ticket mill items like Mind Grind and Traumatize. Attack their hands instead. Discard > mill.
>>
File: 325.jpg (80KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
325.jpg
80KB, 312x445px
Any cool tech for Savra, Queen of the Golgari?
>>
File: 1473619191817.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473619191817.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>49699969
Goddamn, I never stop finding spicy tech for my Meren deck. I had no idea GB in general had so much fucking synergy

I'm at the point now where I'm making a Mazirek deck with all of my spare GB shit.
>>
>>49700087
Green has the best cards in the format, and Black has tutors.
>>
>>49700113
But green doesnt have stasis.
>>
>>49700217
Are you implying that green needs stasis?
>>
>>49700087
I find tinkering with Meren addictive and love to toy with it but it costs me games.

I mean shit like
>Cast Sidisi n Exploit get dance of the dead
>to reanimate runescarred to get animate dead
>to reanimate sidisi back to exploit runescarred
>to get eternal witness to get dance of the dead back to hand and reanimate runescarred back with Meren trigger.

I really need to learn to focus winning instead of just tutoring a week but for some reason I feel so happy going trough my deck and feeling the possibilities and never actually winning for only tutoring shit for tutorings sake.
>>
>>49700610
>I really need to learn to focus winning
This so fucking much.
I have so much fun with Meren, but it takes real fucking effort to actually win.
>>
>>49700659
I tend to just scramble about trying not to die because everyone thinks it's the most broken thing they've ever seen, my list isn't even that optimised.
>>
>>49700689
Exactly.
I need more instant win-cons.
Like Mik and Trisk.
But like, Mik's damn expensive for a poorfag like me.
>>
>>49700689
Well they think that with good reason. If you leave meren alone it gets out of hand fast. I know it sucks to be grouped up on, but really with how experience counters work its extremely hard to deal with them once someone has them. I don't blame anyone for prioritizing her.
>>
>>49698411
I used to think that way too. After I started cutting most of my ETB tapped lands, I was very surprised at how smoother the deck felt. I think it's a bigger deal than you realize.
>>
>>49700689
The trick is to repeat. "It is only one trigger at the end of my turn and I have fuck all in my grave"
>>
>>49700822
this is what I tend to go towards yeah.

"it's only a sakura tribe elder again who cares"
>>
suggestions for a control-y Archangel Avacyn deck?

Going off of this
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-ish-commander-archangel-avacyn-80
>>
>>49700931
is your budget as low as this?
>>
File: dickbutt.jpg (73KB, 1080x1310px) Image search: [Google]
dickbutt.jpg
73KB, 1080x1310px
>opponent casts Word of Seizing (which has split second) targeting my creature
>use Asnod's Altar to sac the creature
>proceed to spend an hour arguing with the entire group that i can actually do that
>>
>>49700988
nah, I can afford more than that within reason, was just using that as a cheap baseline
>>
>>49700998
how does it take one hour for your whole group to read the fucking card?
>>
File: wpid-wp-1421899241205.jpg (225KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-wp-1421899241205.jpg
225KB, 1600x1000px
>>49700998
RTFC.

Split second
(As long as this spell is on the stack, players can't cast spells

or activate abilities that aren't mana abilities

.)
>>
hey guys, rate my WIP thats starting to feel close to done.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ub-tasigur-politics/
>Things I want to add
slaughter pact and pact of negation. Being able to pay just the 4 for Tas's ability and have the problem be dealt with seems powerful.
>Rules question
If I flip an eldrazi titan over with tasigur's ability, do I get to pick a card before the shuffle trigger resolves? It's not a replacement effect so I think I'd be able to but I just want to be sure.
>>
>>49701036
>>49701040
When people have an idea in their head, it's hard to sway them.
>>
>>49700998
So, you're retarded?
>>
>>49699749
>turn one
forest
Sol ring
alter of Dementia
>turn two
forest/Plains
Melira
Safehold Elite

is this the combo?
>>
Can someone explain how "priority" works in this scenario?

>I cast a reanimation spell
>Someone asks if I pass priority
>I shrug, because I don't know what that means
>That person asks me to name my reanimation target
>I name it
>That person fucks with my target with something like Relic of Progenitus or Night Soil

Is there a way to manipulate priority towards my favor in that scenario(as in, making the other player whiff on my actual reanimation target)?
>>
>>49701187
that's it. most of the win conditions in that deck revolve around being able to persist and sacrifice indefinitely
>>
>>49701058
Yes. You finish one effect before resolving the next. If the titan happens to be the only legal choice then you get it and then the shuffle happens.
>>
>>49701290
the player whose turn it is has priority, whenever they intend to let a spell resolve, they pass priority and their opponents can respond.

likewise you get priority back whenever their spell is about to resolve and you can respond

if you have priority and multiple triggers happen simultaniously, you pick their order of resolution

the only way to prevent this is to use split second.
>>
>>49701290
Sorry, buddy, you can't game priority like that

If the reanimation spell targets a card in your graveyard, you name that target as you cast. For the spell to resolve, all players need to pass priority without doing anything, so once you pass priority the target is "locked in" and everyone knows what's going to come back; this means other players can then fuck with your target using their stuff, so that when the spell does finally resolve it fizzles instead.

>>49701130
Ashnod's Altar is a mana ability. Anon was right, his opponent was retarded and so are you, it seems.
>>
>>49701290
Depends on the spell. Since he asked for the target I'll assume it's something like Rise From the Grave that targets a creature in the yard. You must name the target as you cast the spell. Then you have priority (which is basically the ability to do stuff). If you don't do anything priority passes to each other player in turn order and if none of them does anything the spell resolves. If someone does respond you get priority for responding to that effect first, then it passes around in turn order, and if no one responds it resolves. Then everyone gets another chance to respond to the spell on the stack.

If it was a spell that doesn't target, like Exhume, then you don't name a target when you cast. You get priority, then if you don't have a response, priority passes in turn order. You choose the creature when the spell resolves and no one can respond to the choice anymore.
>>
>>49701327
>>49701348

Nice, at least I know I'm not being cheated out of ignorance.
>>
>>49701383
priority can get complicated when you have a deck like my friends where every card says "whenever"
>>
>>49701368

Thanks, >>49701383 and >>49701290 was me, obviously

So, to make the other players whiff from them not knowing which creature I intend to reanimate, I can simply use things like Exhume?

Seems good
>>
>>49701446
I tend to sit out priority wars when they come up because I barely understand that.

Those tendencies make for amusing and animated discussions on the board.
>>
>>49701457
Things that say "target" happen when you cast the spell, things that say "choose" happen when the spell resolves. So someone can terminate your rite of replication target, causing the spell to fizzle. If you cast a clone instead, they don't know what creature you have chosen until the spell has already resolved, so they can't really fuck with it.
>>
>>49701304
does Melira really work with creatures that "enter with" -1-1 counters?
>>
>>49701680
Yes
>>
>>49701680
why wouldn't it
>>
>>49701036
>>49701040
They were convinced mana abilities only referred to tapping lands for some reason.
>>
>>49701713
I don't know, if it already has the coubters by the time the card is a permanent, there would be no "placing counters" to prevent
>>
Hey, i just bought my first EDH deck and sleeved it. Normally i left them unsleeved because up until now i only used the store-bought decks.

Now I gotta ask, how the hell do i shuffle this thing? The entire stack hardly fits in my hand. Then when i finally start shuffling the cards slip everywhere and end up in a big ass pile.
>>
>>49701782
Melira pod was a deck.
>>
>>49701802

Use matte sleeves if glossy is too slippery. Cut the deck in half and shuffle one at a time.
>>
>>49701802
er, by bought i mean made it myself. I sleeved it cause i got some $20+ cards in there.
>>
>>49701802
Who is your commander.
>>
>>49701802
Separate it into two piles then mash the piles together.
>>
>>49701824
>>49701869
>Cut in half

Damn i feel dumb not thinking of that. ill look into matte sleeves too if it doesnt help enough.

>>49701868
Darien King of Kjeldor cause i love soldier decks.
>>
>>49701802
>>49701830

you should always sleeve a commander deck. and at least once a night you should pile shuffle. otherwise you should cut and shuffle the halves
>>
>>49701955
Once a night?

Do i have to break in the sleeves or something? What does that do? Or is it just to get used to the shuffling?
>>
>>49701964
Splitting into two halves isn't as random/good of a mixture as a pile shuffle since that mixes both halves together at the same time.
>>
>>49701964
it's just to properly randomize. edh games tend to have big boards. big boards tend to clump together even when shuffled back into the deck.

as long as you mix up your styles of shuffling you will be ok but the reason why I play edh is to not have the deck do the same thing every time
>>
>>49701964
It will make your deck grow up healthy and obedient, with a bright smile and perfectly brush hair.
>>
>>49702031
having an obedient deck is vtallt important
>>
File: IMG_20160313_203736~2.jpg (43KB, 346x513px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160313_203736~2.jpg
43KB, 346x513px
>do massive amounts of damage at the start, everyone gets mad
>Get focused out of the game early
>Becomes a war of attrition
Fuck
>>
>>49702154
>play problem general/deck
>get focused before you even get going
>>
>>49700821
I think you misunderstand. I don't play most lands that etb tapped. Well, I do, but mostly in place until get the ones that don't. I don't consider fastlands to be one of those for reasons I've said. I curve put at around 3 mana so that it enters untapped past then is unimportant, and it enters untapped when I need it to in the first three turns. I'm also in only two colors so I have to dip into some amount of lands that aren't always untapped 100% of the time, and fastlands are my first choice for that.
>>
>>49702197
Feldon is considered a problem general?
>>
>>49702237
Every general is a problem general to someone.
>>
>>49702237
wasn't talking about you. just something Ive noticed also happens.

progenitor, mizzix, reaper king, slivers are examples of potential problem decks that people will target just because of seeing the general/first few turns
>>
>>49702258
my friend has been known to turn one pulverize lands/Sol rings of someone playing kiki-jiki
>>
>>49702304
>Not purposefully hating out the person with a shit general first because they're obviously hiding a broken deck
No one is safe
>>
>>49702328
the only thing to do is not play
>>
I think I'm finally ready to order my cards. One last review before I click the Buy button?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahiji-token-swarm/
>>
i've been playing for like 6 months and just won $80 in store credit at fnm last night
i want to get into edh with some of the winnings.
i've been building a brago deck so i have a fun, casual format to play with my friends who aren't as spikey as i am
what are good, cheap commanders that would have good matchups against brago (and are good for semi-beginners)?
>>
>>49702568
brago is a problem general. you shouldn't play problem generals against beginners.
>>
>>49702580
this hurts me
>>
>>49702589
arguably you should play the most broken deck you can put together to show the other people how creative you can be with commander compared to other formats.
>>
>>49702671
that could work
i was also thinking of just grabbing 3 C16 precons when they come out so we're all on similar power level
>>
>>49702686
if your group is casual you should allow proxies and let them go wild.
>>
>>49702589
>>49702580
Brago is only a problem general if you build him that way. Yes, you can say that about any deck/general but with someone like Mizzix that ability is too narrow to build in a very suboptimal way. Brago has the unique ability of triggering every ETB in U/W, which vary from good shit like Karmic Guide, Grim Monolith, and Treachery to bad shit like Owl Familiar and Augury Owl.

I guess bulid Owl tribal. Pic related, there are only five ETB owls in the game.
>>
>>49702720
Fill it with Vanilla creatures and make it like he gives creatures you control vigilance instead of being good.
>>
File: image.png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
127KB, 223x311px
Anyone else grab the new commander Precon recently?
>>
>>49702720
>They don't play Brago Spirit Tribal
HAAH
WAAW
>>
>>49702715
i know with 100% certainty my friend would build some stupid unplayable deck and lose with it and get mad
>>
>>49702775
I wanted to buy one but I hadn't. None of them especially spoke to me. I was going to buy the WB deck but a friend got it and gave me everything I needed out of it anyway. Ezuri and Kalemne appeal to me though.
>>
>>49702775
>new commander precon
Nigga, those are so old we're getting a new set in 33 days

4-Colour Generals
Get hype
>>
>>49702803
that's part of it when you allow proxies or they have no budget constraints.

eventually everyone just builds fun decks and funny theme decks.
>>
How do I beat superfriends?
The fucker always seems to get a T2 4 drop planeswalker with inbuilt protection, and he just snowballs from there
>>
>>49702803
>>49702918
I misread what you said.

if your friend has no understanding of synergy or deck building I can't help you.

I guess force him to theme. tell him to pick a tribe or key word to build around and then offer him advice for it.

for example, I have

>a deck built around persist and moving around +1+1 counters

>a deck that has every printing of the word double or twice

>a RWU soldier deck, but surprise! it's not America, it's Napoleonic France. exile sub-theme, and cards printed in french
>>
>>49702972
blow up his sol ring turn one. Mana leak his first planeswalker. force sacrificing of permanents
>>
>>49702972
Hex Parasite
>>
>>49702972
White: World Queller, Fated Retribution, Planar Cleansing, Linvala ($50! Wow!)
Blue: Clockspinning? Fuck if I know. Crush of Tentacles?
Black: Thief of Blood, In Garruk's Wake, Vampire Hexmage, Hex Parasite
Red: weep, your time has come (magmaquake)
Green: Woodfall Primus, Terastodon, spamming a billion tokens
Artifact: Perilous Vault, Pithing Needle, Skysovereign
Honorable mention: Merciless Eviction
>>
>>49702972
If all else fails, blow everything up. Blow up his lands.
>>
>>49702876

The only way I will be hype is if they all get Chromatic lantern prints and maybe some other any color lands comparable to Command Tower...
>>
File: 1463263665959.png (193KB, 273x326px)
1463263665959.png
193KB, 273x326px
>>49703124
>Linvala to stop planeswalkers
>>
>>49703124
in red/blue you could radiate a blatant thievery
>>
>>49703146
They are probably going to be flip commanders, or commanders with hybrid costs on activated abilities, meaning the decks will actually just be 2/3 colors.

Or fuck it, a full suite of fetches and shocks in every deck. That will get peoples dicks hard.
>>
File: large.jpg (40KB, 500x600px)
large.jpg
40KB, 500x600px
>>49703176
>Or fuck it, a full suite of fetches and shocks in every deck. That will get peoples dicks hard.

dream on
>>
File: VDx9C98.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
VDx9C98.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>49703146
Dude i wish they would make 4-color lands. Pretty stupid but flavor wise, it'll work.
>>
>>49703176
Do you want dual lands with that?
>>
>>49703210
>Reservelist.png

But for real though, the lands they put in this will probably be reprints of good lands, or new lands that might turn into modern staples.

Assuming they don't print 5 new command towers with different names.
>>
>>49703156
no you couldn't
>>
>>49703146
>I can't manage more than 3 colors
what are you, gay?
>>
>>49703240
you could if you killed everyone but superfriends first
>>
>>49702972
scrambleverse on eye of the storm.

they will just concede
>>
>>49703260
plot twist: kill everybody but the player you're trying to counter first, so you counter them with a two card combo
>>
>>49703260
>>49703288
I'm realizing after posting this that that came off as me insulting you, but that wasn't the intention
i actually really like that plan
>>
>>49703303
the combos you have to work for are the best ones
>>
>>49702017
Pile shuffling isn't actually that great for randomization. What I do is split the cards into 4 piles, take a portion from pile 1 and three, riffle, strip, riffle. Do the same fro pile 2 and 4, back to pile 1 and 3 and repeat until I have one pile again. Then i split that pile in half and do the same with those piles.

I've noticed a lot of people can't riffle their cards without bending them, though, so I'd suggest practicing before doing it with expensive cards.
>>
>>49698707

So I didn't think red Gearhulk would be good at all in EDH. Have people actually been finding him useful?
>>
>>49703176
>unlimited print run
>4 shocks 4 battlelands (including enemy coloured) 6 fetches
>complete the mirage fetchland cycle
>complete the mirrodin talisman cycle

Pic's name relevant
>>
>>49703335
good in red reanimator and maelstrom wanderer
or you could play it in punisher like a madman
>>
>>49703148
Oh shit. It works if you use Mycosynth Lattice into Karn, which technically is a thing you could put in a white deck. There, I'm no longer an idiot.
>>
>>49703176
rumors of the rbug will be ludavic, because science. i want to believe.

also an idea ive heard, the commanders being mono colored with the other colors being in abilities like some of the khans legendaries.
>>
File: 1475860312390.jpg (19KB, 550x300px)
1475860312390.jpg
19KB, 550x300px
>mfw torpor orb and EMN Lili won me a game tonight

Nekusar isn't just the same old shit all the time anymore.
>>
I have never played EDH before, is it possible to make a decent deck for under $100 dollarie doos?
>>
>>49703235
Most likely it will be a bunch of five color lands since color identity cares about whether or not there's a visible mana symbol.
>>
>>49703488
Inb4 triggered anti-Nekusar fag
>>
>>49703235
Me personally I'm hoping for stuff like shimmering grotto and mana confluence
>>
>>49702775
I want her to sit on my face :^)
>>
>>49703335
he's pretty good in anything that can get multiple uses out of him and has a decently high curve

like another anon said, he's pretty good in red reanimator or artifact decks, i really like him in bosh especially
>>
>>49703564
You would no longer have a head.

Probably the fastest Death by Snu-Snu instance ever.
>>
>>49703605
not as fast as phage ;^)
>>
>>49703513
yes
>>
>>49703605
hownewareyou.dec
>>
>>49703522
>>49703488

The only thing that triggers me worse than nekusar is how expensive EMN lili is.
>>
>>49703513
It is but it wholly depends on your commander. Mike is probably the cheapest to make and his price mainly comes from him, everything else is fairly cheap
>>
>>49703513
the most common budget commander deck is mikaeus the unhallowed, but krenko is good too
or if you don't want to get focused down for playing a "problem commander" you could play something like Surrak tribal bulk rares
>>
>>49703683
>hownewareyou
that meme is like a month old tops
>>
>>49703689
>how expensive EMN lili is

How is $37 considered expensive? Granted I pulled my lili in a box but its no excuse to your cheapness. Just proxy it if your group doesn't give a shit
>>
File: cap.gif (3MB, 294x238px) Image search: [Google]
cap.gif
3MB, 294x238px
>Playing Brago, down to just a Wrexial player and me
>He Nevynirral's Disk my field away when I was getting a pretty good lock on him and I just couldn't stop it
>His hand is empty and I've got 7 cards in hand, so he drops Wrexial with nothing else to do
>My turn comes, draw Recruiter of the Guard
>Recruiter, Karmic Guide, reanimate Palinchron and play Deadeye Navigator, instantly generating infinite mana, reanimating my whole graveyard
>Then do it again thanks to Brago's blinking

Wrexial was MAD as fuck after that.
I love Brago even though it's degenerate shit.
>>
Tips for Arjun? Not sure how high he is on the jank-o-meter
>>
>>49703124
>>49702972
Green has tons of noncreature permanent removal. Bramblecrush, Primal Command, just check gatherer.
>>
>>49703902
Build an Niv-Mizzet deck but replace all the Teferi Puzzleboxes with shit that deals damage whenever someone draws cards, basically.
>>
>>49703745
Cheapness is my only excuse. I'll trade for her when I get a chance but I just cannot justify spending 37 dollars on a single card yet.
>>
Anybody care to give me some advice? I need to cut 16 cards but I'm not sure what, and what to change around. I mean I could go complete storm and cut all the creatures out but I like to have a few fail-safes in there. Not sure about Metallurgic Summonings or Rec Sage either.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/damia-storm-3/
>>
>>49703993
At first glance?
Skithiryx, Dictate of Karametra, Become Immense, Daze, Predict, Mox Opal, Expedition Map, Grave Titan, High Tide, Journey of Discovery, Rain of Daggers, Villainous Wealth, OG Ulamog, Sylvan Scrying, Heartbeat of Spring, and Chain of Vapor.

I chose these based on which cards are just bad, which cards don't seem to fit your game plan, and which cards seem of limited utility (like High Tide, Mox Opal, and Sylvan Scrying).
>>
>>49703993Honestly this deck seems torn on whether it wants to be a storm deck or a combo deck. It's being brought in far too many directions with no clear focus. My advice would be to find a consistent few combos and stick to it; hone your deck to do one thing and that thing effectively.

Cut:
Rune-scarred Demon
Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon
Street Wraith
Grave Titan
Null Profusion or Recycle
Become Immense
Consume the Meek
Hurkyl's Recall, unless artifact decks run rampant in your meta
Dictate of Karametra
Metallurgic Summonings
High Tide, not enough islands to be worth it. Bubbling muck would be a good replacement. Especially with Urborg.
Zendikar Resurgent
Life's Finale
Sylvan Scrying or Crop Rotation
Swiftfoot Boots
Exsanguinate, maybe
>>
File: 1326428746022.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1326428746022.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>Memnarch player's ridiculous mental gymnastics as to why his deck isn't fucking awful to play against

I'm going to build mono-red just so I can blow up all his shit with either "destroy target artifact" stuff or board nukes like Obliterate
>>
QUESTION TIME:

If I Imprint a Savage Beating onto a Spellbinder, am I able to choose both modes if the equipped creature pops a player? Would I need to pay the Entwine cost?
>>
>>49704399
You would need to play the entwine cost, yes.
>>
>>49704465
That's fine, 1R for 2 modes of a free spell is gravy

Thanks
>>
Recommend me a special snowflake deck that's actually good.
>>
>>49704638
Halfdane

Build him voltron.
>>
>>49704638

Makes no sense

If it was good people would know and they would play it and you wouldn't be a special snowflake
>>
>fucking obliterate someone with Godo on xmage
>he was playing Narset
>didn't know about commander damage

I felt kinda bad because he had clearly just learned about EDH
>>
>>49704738
>feeling bad for someone
>playing Narset
Not even once.
>>
What should I put in my edh cube, lads?
>>
>>49704778
I honestly don't think he knew what he was doing. He didn't know that shroud doesn't protect against mass removal.
>>
>>49704638
a completely netdecked kozilek deck but with Jin-Gitaxias in the command zone and islands instead of some of the lands
>>
What do you guys think Sliver Queen would cost, if it wasn't on the RL and had at least 1 high-run reprint?
>>
can I play a spell, hold priority and then play a split second spell so that the first spell can't get countered?
>>
>>49705029
they can just wait for the split second spell to resolve, then respond to the first one.
that would work in force of will (the tcg) though
>>
at my LGS we play 1v1 EDH with the wizard's banlist (retarded, I know) so I need to tune my Leovold deck.

Any good recomendations? So far I've add Thoughtsize, Inquisition and the like.
>>
>>49704986
2 dollars. It's not good but kitchen top casuals want all the slivers, so it wouldn't be like 50 cents.
>>
>>49700760
>Buried Alive
>choose:
>Phyrexian Devourer
>Triskelion
>Necrotic Ooze
>reanimate Necrotic Ooze
>exile deck
>win
This is the simpliest win condition with Meren but you can also
>Tooth&Nail
>bring on the field Jarad and Phyrexian Devourer
>exile deck
>sac the Devourer
>win
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gisela-sitter-of-faces/

Look at my deck. Thoughts?
>>
>>49705046
>retarded i know
Playing 1v1 only? Yes that's pretty retarded for a game conceived specifically to be played in multiplayer
>>
>>49705231
>Read name of link
>Dropped

This meme needs to stop
>>
>>49705292

I'm just after some honest feedback. Unrelated to other face sitters.
>>
>>49704863
>AYYYYY HOL UP, 'FORE YOUR CLEANUP DURIN YA END STEP IMA FLASH IN A JINGO
>>
>>49704853
>cube
>>
>>49703689
I literally have one sitting in my Grixis zombie tribal

El oh el
>>
File: danny devito tiny edition.jpg (10KB, 91x76px) Image search: [Google]
danny devito tiny edition.jpg
10KB, 91x76px
>>49705231
>>49705306
OK OK,
Looking good, need more damage doublers though. Add in avatar of slaughter, furnace of rath, desperate gambit, bitter feud. I personally like excruciator. Pyrohemia is solid.

>>49705342
>el oh el
Kay why es
>>
I just got new Chandra but have no red decks to out her in

I plan on making a Goblin Tribal but throwing Chandra in there is certainly a waste.

Red seems to be pretty bad in EDH unless it's paired with U or G anyway. I have no idea what to do with her.
>>
>>49705361
If you go for goblin tribal, go for pic related.

Incredibly flavorful
>>
>>49705359

I did have other damage doubles in but they proved unreliable, dictate only stayed cause it has flash. Pyrohemia is awesome suggestion but I wouldn't know what to cut

>>49705361
I have Chandra in my Gisela deck just to ramp. It also works as emergency card draw which is great for red and if she gets ignored doing 10 damage (doubled from gisela) each time I cast a spell is great. But mostly the ramp. Playing a 7 mana commander on turn 4 or 5 is quite powerful.
>>
File: Sulfuric Vortex_EMA.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sulfuric Vortex_EMA.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>49705395
Hmm, This Is fun
>>
>>49705484
Yes very fun but also likely hard to control. And what happens when I hit someone for 30 lifeline ;(
>>
>>49705046
>wizard's banlist

You mean the RC's banlist?
>>
>>49696947
I'm looking to run Sen Triplets as my commander, with an emphasis on controlling my opponent and not letting them cast any spells or have fun things.

Recommendations on good cards?
>>
>>49705890
play all the pacts and mulligan for at least one of them T1 and play them instantly. you disgust me
>>
>>49705890
Paradox Haze and Strionic Resonator at least. Rings and mana accel and tutors for fixing. I was gonna build them as a zombies and wizards style tribal, but never did.
>>
>>49701926
Do you have Blasting Station in Darien?
>>
>>49702972
Black has some 'remove all counters' cards
>>
>>49705979
>all the pacts

Like Grave Pact?

>>49706022
>paradox haze with sen triplets

absolutelydisgusting.png
>>
>>49706124
no the ones that make you lose the game so no one has to play vs your filth
>>
>>49706279
U mad bro?

My other decks are: Meren GY shenanigans, Trostani + Tokens, Mayael FATTIES and Leovold Elf Tribal.

I think I'm allowed to have one deck out of five that's disgusting.
>>
>>49705359
what is this, a picture for danny devito?
>>
>>49706290
Meren is absolute filth, as is Leovold. Mayael can be filthy too but she is pricy so I reckon thats okay. Only Trostani there is 0 filth. you don't need another fag deck Meren is plenty disgusting already.
>>
>>49706350
>meren is absolute filth
I have garbage cards. Mostly just the precon, which is OK, but definitely not filth.
>leovold is filth
Elf tribal. Not Sultai Control/fuck you. Not filth.
>>
>>49706391
No one wants to play when someone in our group pulls out Meren. And Leovold the card is filthy on his own. you walk the knife's edge with these commanders
>>
>>49706432
Nobody minds playing against my meren deck. It's mostly precon, changed to loop sac effects.
>>
>>49702775

I grabbed Daxos, I'm turning the deck into the ultimate pillowfort. I need to grab an Avacyn and 2-3 more cards to finish it but it's good enough for kitchen table mtg
>>
>>49706493
>>49706432
To emphasize on this, a lot of my playgroup/meta uses spell heavy, noncreature decks. One player uses a Queen Marchesa deck that only has Marchesa as the sole creature, another does the same with Oloro. One player runs heavy spells with Riku and SOME creatures.

I play against an extremely heavy spell matchup. Which was why I was thinking of two approaches.

Sen Triplets control. Counters, removal, exile, artifact + enchantment destruction, disruption effects etc.

OR

Sen Triplets Shared Fate. Throw in a shitload of land, Enchantment tutors (enlightened tutor, Diabolic tutor, etc) to get out shared fate, and the rest is garbage. They get to tutor for shit if they want, I get to play their hand AND library.
>>
>>49706587

if ur gonna build a fag deck just build some garbage mono blue fog or counterspell deck.

or you could building something fun, i dunno though it seems you're retarded so you wouldn't enjoy it
>>
>>49706756
Someone needs to go back to standard.
>>
>>49696947
Just bought Judge Foil Damnation, you know who to thank if it gets reprinted tomorrow.
>>
>>49707568
Our lord and saviour Rosewater?
>>
File: me.jpg (16KB, 220x391px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
16KB, 220x391px
>>49707798
Diiid thomeone call ?
>>
>>49708344
Oh god I can hear his effeminate voice. Man I hate that I ever heard his voice. I wish my hobby wasnt developed by a sissy.
>>
>>49708362
Unpopular opinion: I dont think his voice is that bad
>>
File: me dancing.gif (945KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
me dancing.gif
945KB, 500x354px
>>49708362
Etchcuseeee me~! Jutht because I thpeak a little differently, doethnt mean I'm effeminate~

I'm thorry about the whole izzthet artifither legendary thing. But don't worry! The 4 color commanderths well blowwww your mind!

Now, whothe ready to thee the Gatewatch™ take on a whole new adventhure by fighting the eeeeevil nicol bolas?
>>
>>49697484
Phyrexian Ghoul, Nantuko Husk and Vampire Aristocrat.
I usually get 10+ zombies from these guys, specially dumb when Gisa has Thornbite Staff on and I have Phyrexian Reclamation/Nim Deathmantle and mana to get them saccers back.
>>
>>49703245

I play in a meta with very efficient decks. I can't afford to be sitting there screwed out of a color. I have some three-color decks, but I have to be very careful with those. It also makes me very concerned about running anything with a triple-colored mana cost (like Necropotence).
>>
>>49704638

Wort, Boggart Auntie.

Don't see a lot of her but I've often thought of giving her a shot. I figure it'd be a bit like a typical goblin swarm (Krenko) but you have access to some black sac benefits to kill goblin tokens for profit.
>>
File: 1469064362852.jpg (345KB, 1420x840px) Image search: [Google]
1469064362852.jpg
345KB, 1420x840px
>>49707798
>Impliying MaRo wants reprints
>The Jew
>Wanting to do Unjewish things
Probably he made all the Conspiracy 2 team to get unempleoyed
>>
File: bird with arms.jpg (63KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
bird with arms.jpg
63KB, 650x488px
>going home for dinner (Canadian thanksgiving)
>my brother will be there
>he's generally an ass, and we probably wont play magic, but we might
Which deck should I bring? It's between Memnarch artifact fuckery and steal effects, or Brago flicker stax and board wipes. I just want to take his will to live.
>>
>>49708935
Question for ya: why do canadians all come to the states to celebrate canadian thanksgiving? Vermont is fucking infested with you guys this weekend. We usually get some funnyspeaking tourists, but never this many.
>>
>>49708965
The states is as close as you can get to a vacation without really going anywhere. In canada, there are really 3 types of people:

>people who live in the woods, and go to a big city to shop
>people who live between the woods and the city, and want to go shop, or visit "nature"
>people who live in the city, and are too rich/pretentious to go a forest somewhere in canada

As a Canadian, you really only have a few thing I want: 1) A wider selection of goods at more reasonable prices, 2) Cheap smokes and booze, particularly compared to Ontario, 3) Good fast food, and 4) Professional sports teams. I'm almost positive mot people are there either with their families to celebrate the holiday, or to get completely fuckered on cheap booze that you can buy at a convince store.

Now, Brago or Memnarch?
>>
>>49709048
Wow I guess our booze is pretty cheap, never thought of that.

Anyways if you wanna fuck with your brother go with stax.
>>
>>49709118
Sounds good, thanks anon.

Also, you have no idea:
>in ontario, they recently (last year) passed a law that lets grocery stores sell beer
>I can only buy liquor through a government run LCBO, with their extremely narrow hours. 12-9:30 every day but sunday, sunday is 12-5:30, AND holidays are impossible to find booze
>go down to New York on vacation
>walk into 7/11
>$10 later, I have 2 40oz beers and a taquito at 2am
>>
File: 1418208213129.jpg (101KB, 500x501px)
1418208213129.jpg
101KB, 500x501px
>Have an Ashling deck approaching a year old, making it my longest-consecutive commander deck.
>She's all foil and pretty, maybe a bit of waifu-ism
>It's really good at forking spells exponentially, and blowing everyone and everything up
>Kaladesh came out, lots of cool new artifact things
>Must... fight...temptation to convert it to Daretti...
>But... don't want to buy new cards... Ashling works, plus... shiny... waifu...

Pic slightly related, the inner emotional struggle of monored.
>>
>>49709356
Ashling thats not 99 mountains? Can we see a decklist bub?
>>
>>49698707
I just put one in my Kurkesh deck and it's disgusting.
>Cast gearhulk
>Copy ability with stionic resonator
>Copy that with Kurkesh
>When the gearkulk dies put it on mimic vat

Getting getting its trigger two to four times a turn is delicious.
>>
>>49705890
Enjoy having them targeted and killed immediately, I know from experience
>>
>>49706290
>Meren 'shenanigans'

LITERALLY CANCER
>>
>>49706537
Don't forget Koskun Falls
>>
>>49709356
Actually no good artifacts in kaladesh
>>
>>49709356
You don't happen to play in the bay area do you?

I used to play with a guy who had a fully competitive, fully foil Ashling deck and never played anything else. Pretty cool guy, but I wish he had more decks for varietys sake.
>>
>>49703513
I build decks from my store's dollar box exclusively. I have 2 decks (RG Wort and Mogis) that fare well in my store with a mid power tier.
>>
>>49708965
Because Vermont is as close tour natural environment as we can get

>>49709153
That's cheap af senpai. I get more hours in Alberta but the cost is so much more
>>
>>49703708
Advocating what this anon says. Surrak is so fun because you can just throw in cheap ramp and whatever jank rares you like, and you'll usually do well. You can upgrade it as you go along. Mine started out as dragon tribal with all the DTK bulk rares, and now I've got premium ramp and a full suite of eldrazi titans
>>
>>49703513
I have had a lot of fun with this deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-07-16-snake-tribal/
>>
>>49709802
Surrak was fun as hell to build. Really easy too. Mine started out really basic, but I've done some alters to it and I've pretty just made the whole deck a value machine.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/temur-goodstuff-4/
>>
>>49698707
What were you blinking/reanimating it with?
>>
What's the best way to build RG Wort? It's storm, right?
>>
Is Jori En a good commander? Is it possible to make a decent cheap deck with her?
>>
>play gonti deck focused on flickering them over and over again
>people target me when i take their stuff
why do people not understand that exiling their stuff means it's better for me to keep them alive? it's not like killing me will get them their stuff back
>>
>>49710201
>them
>Not xer
>>
>>49710177
Blinked with Conjurer's Closet, reanimated with Coffin Queen in that match. I posted my Sedris list a little bit farther down but I guess I'll repost it here.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/funky-edh-sedris/
>>
>>49710193
No they are shit.
>>
>>49710201

How do you focus on flickering in monoblack?
>>
I'm working on a super durdlely deck:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pillow-fortwip/

Any kind of feedback, impressions, or suggestions would be nice.
>>
Does EDH benefit from being a 40 life format?

Is it good that aggro can't work?
>>
>>49711110
aggro works surprisingly well
>>
>>49711110
depends on table politics/meta
>>
>>49711110
You usually won't be able to do a classic white weenie build, but aggro can hold it's own just fine. Usually it's more midrange aggro, but that's fine.

There are some decent arguments for making the format 30 life, but I've personally never had a problem with 40.
>>
>>49711110
The 40 lifex is a buffer which keeps the format from being inherently competitive. Canadian Highlander is greay for those who want a mix of both; 100 card singleton 1-on-1 with a vintage ban list (points list) and 20 life.
>>
>>49711571
Can highlander is a radically different beast. A fascinating one but radically different.

I just want to aggro in multiplayer.
>>
>>49711595
all you need to do is have a big board by turn 3 and start swinging away. or else voltron someone like ruhan with swords
>>
>>49711595
I get what you mean, but aside from French or Tiny Leaders, both of which I know very little about, Can highlander is the only similar format that allows aggro to be a real threat. [Spoiler] sorry anon, traditional aggro in multiplayer is a pipe dream [/spoiler]
>>
>>49711110
>I don't know how to play
Fkys faggot
>>
>sitter of faces fetish meme

When I was younger, a girl sitting on your face just meant eating her out. Is there some sort of different meaning that is a fetish now?
>>
>>49711869

look at this hothead over here

watch it chrissy
>>
>>49709413

Right now, it's above 100 because I'm cramming some planeswalkers/proliferate in and seeing what to swap out.

>>49709681

Nope
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
>>49711897
Its thAT FUCKING NIGGER [ALEX] WHO KEEPS POSTING THE AWFUL KALEMNE LIST
>>
File: Ashling the Pilgrim.jpg (80KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ashling the Pilgrim.jpg
80KB, 312x445px
>>49711909
>Waah i cdon't know how to play wuzards halp plz make starter life 20
>>
File: Gitgud Monster.jpg (11KB, 190x265px)
Gitgud Monster.jpg
11KB, 190x265px
Advice for the frog? I get that dredging/cards that get lands into the grave are vital, but any other notable strategies/things to consider?
>>
Help needed! Need to add a Temple of the False God and Exsanguinate, what should I remove? http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-life-gain-semi-budget-1/
>>
>>49711110
I just wish milling was worthwhile unless you jank your way to infinite milling.

and half the time milling your opponent helps them.
>>
>>49712133
the only time I think mill is good in any format is in draft. The efficiency of mill spells is hard capped at glimpse the unthinkable.
>>
>>49712133
Really this is the only good argument against EDH, and even it's shit.

Picture unrelated, but beautiful in foil.
>>
>>49712133
>only half the time
>>
>>49712133
A friend of mine just made a phenax mill deck. It draws hate beyond proportion, but from what I saw it's actually pretty good, with cards that get +1/+1 for every card or every creature in all graveyards. And if he doesn't attack with it he just mills at the end of turn thanks to Phenax and makes his creatures even bigger. He's got enough graveyard hate that if someone wants to do big graveyard recursion he should be able to find a solution for it too.

His main problem is that he hasn't been playing for long, so his decision making is still wonky (as in, provoking the Karlov player by removing archangel of thrune, BEFORE the combat step, without blockers, and while karlov was a 15/15.)
>>
what makes scion the ur-dragon worth playing? he loses the copy ability after it resolves
>>
>>49711897
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gisela-sitter-of-faces/
No its the same meaning ;)
>>
>>49712082
Crucible of worlds.
>>
>>49712133
I've taken on two decent decks by myself as Phenax and milled both.
Without Phenax as commander, it is pretty hard though.
>>
>>49712178
How have I never seen this card, I need to force this in a deck somewhere
>>
>>49712568
You've never seen it because it sucks. The spell has to target you, which dosnt happen enough to make it useful.
>>
>>49712591
And I completely misread it, god damn it. Atleast the art looks nice
>>
>>49712564
I've done it with indefinitely sacrificing to altar of Dementia and I've seen it done with trepidation blade and keening stone.

sort of situational win conditions
>>
>>49712633
Yeah. In foil just the shell shines. Its beautiful.
>>
>>49712525
Tutors dragons for 2 mana. He stays as a copy for rest of the turn, but you can stack abilities to fill yard and win with single Living Death.
He really doesn't need to tutor in the same turn in different phases so who cares.
>>
>Be me
>Looking through all the decks I've made
>All of them are budget stuff because our meta's pretty friendly and the players with big bucks like to play fun jank rather than super-tight decks, even if some of them are still really good
>Trying to keep a fairly even spread of colors, I have a really huge pile of potential commanders

>Realize that of the eight decks I've built, Red has the smallest percentage of representation

Is red just bad, or am I biased and don't know it? For reference, here's my decks:
>Jalira, Master Polymorphist (monoblue creatures that want to die for darksied and hopefully become fucking massive, will probably die if it has to go into the mid/late game)
>Dwynen, Gilt Leaf Daen (monogreen elfball w/ beast guest stars, low-curve political deck that wants to outlive everyone and deal the final blow)
>Brago (every brago list ever- flickershit)
>Lazav (Delicious mill and clone effects)
>Grenzo, Dungeon Warden (Sexy almost-not-budget deck that runs sweet pulls like Necropotence, some shitty combos, and steal+sac effects from when it was Tymaret)
>Sigarda equipment voltron with clues tokens and human/soldier tribal
>Sydri (artifact lockdown-lite shenanigans)
>Mimeoplasm (DINOSAUR HANDS!)

Is Red that bad, or do I have some kind of sickness? I used to think that my favorite color was "none", that I liked them all- but I'm starting to think I'm a fan of WUBG or something insane instead. Only one of my decks even -considers- running Red, and I build these decks under some pretty loose standards of quality. Sydri is basic lifegain and lockdown crap because I had the Brago precon and an Aetherflux Reservoir, for instance.

Alternately, who's a fun budget monored? White-Red? Green-Red? As far as three colors go, should I buckle down and build Gahiji? Sek'Kuar? Queen Marchesa?

Am I a faggot?
>>
>>49712133
The other half of the time they have an OG eldrazi titan so it does nothing.
>>
>>49713401
red is generally only good fur MUD decks, but red also happens to be the best color for MUD decks.
>>
>>49713401
You haven't lived until you play jhoira

Suspending apocalypse, then Jin jitaxias/ kozilek is funny as fuck
>>
>>49713401
Oh, and my current dream deck is a Rashmi list that specifically uses Manifest/Morph creatures, scry effects, and such, for delicious flavor opportunities.

>>49713441
I have Jhoira.
Commanders I've had and scrapped:
Old Daxos: First deck, was shit
Melek: Was a bastard child of Melek, Jhoira, and Jori En. Had so little fixing and duals, plus so little actual good cards for it, that I just scrapped the whole thing. May go back and make Chaos 'Drazi Jhoira.
>>
Should I build tried-and-true Kozilek or wild card Jin-Gitaxias?
>>
New Thread

>>49713536
>>49713536
>>
>>49712082
Sylvan Library has great synergy, cause you can put any two cards back on your library
Grim Flayer is the man
Milling can be nice
Find something to put your mana into. Genesis wave for example if you're running permanents.
Retreat to Hagra can be great with Squandered Resources and Splendid Reclamation.
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.