[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fluff a magical race that seeks to religiously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Double Standard.jpg (159KB, 1019x595px) Image search: [Google]
Double Standard.jpg
159KB, 1019x595px
How would you fluff a magical race that seeks to religiously exterminate any form of hypocrisy or double standard?

How would they implement this?
>>
Sounds tricky. A cult or subculture would be pretty doable, but it's hard to imagine a whole race magically dedicated to something so vague.

Maybe check out the webcomic "Templar, Arizona." There's a subculture in the setting that call themselves "The Sincereists" and have a policy about only being totally honest. As you'd predict, they're complete assholes.
>>
>religious
>against hypocrisy
pick one
>>
>>49694240
>a magical race that seeks to religiously exterminate any form of hypocrisy or double standard?
Not exterminating their own race? Double standards much?
>>
>>49694837
This would actually be amusing now that you bring this up. Maybe a genetically engineered race designed specifically to take over other races and redesign their society ground up for their own purposes.
>>
>>49695156
Yeah, something like that is probably best; something artificially designed without its own double standards is the only way you are going to get around a whole host of internal inconsistencys
>>
>>49695216
What sort of internal inconsistencies might exist if such a race weren't planned so well?
>>
File: euphoric.jpg (58KB, 600x668px) Image search: [Google]
euphoric.jpg
58KB, 600x668px
>>49694817
>>
File: Qu'ran e-reader.jpg (58KB, 1039x577px) Image search: [Google]
Qu'ran e-reader.jpg
58KB, 1039x577px
>>49694240
I'm going to assume a monotheistic setting because I'm lazy like that. Anyway, a group of angels has fallen for doing bad shit, but instantly and severely regret their deeds. Seeking to once again be in the presence of their god, they seek to please their god by exterminating everything he cannot tolerate (rather than... you know, repent). Especially hypocrisy and double standards are intolerable in their eyes (maybe because they themselves fell due to hypocrisy on their part?). Ironically enough, this means they go on a de facto killing spree and hold the entire world in the grip of terror, only moving themselves away from their god rather than closer.

>>49694837
>Not exterminating their own race? Double standards much?
And that's why they do not win back their god's favor.
>>
>>49697365
Just having them kill everything seems rather dull.

I feel like 'exterminating' double standards could at least be interesting like trying to level all playing fields
>>
>>49699827
>Just having them kill everything seems rather dull.
I thought more of something like a tyrannical secret police, that actually leaves people be as long as they're not degenerates. Of course that leads to a situation of fear where husbands simply remain silent if their wives ask them if they look fat in their new jeans. After all, they wouldn't want to be liars or meanspirited. Also, even mere accusations of degeneracy lead to a public execution without trial.
>>
>>49699856
At that point why make them magical instead of just fanatical humans?

I'm thinking more along the lines of them literally attempting to change reality or at least use magical powers to break double standards on their back, attempting to alter the world for it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.