[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - Uncomfortable Feelings Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 48

File: WoahLeiaThatsYourBrother.jpg (79KB, 657x960px) Image search: [Google]
WoahLeiaThatsYourBrother.jpg
79KB, 657x960px
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, noone reads this, lego, lore, and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>49680125

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign/

If Kylo and Rey end up being related, will they have an incest-arc too?
>>
>>49694106
1st for almost any build being viable
I too agree that X-Wing is pretty balanced and if you know how to fly your list, you can do pretty well.
My absolutely first game was something like this:
Poe - Wired, R2D2
Tycho - PtL, Assault missiles, munition failsafe
Airen Cracken - Wingman, Ion pulse missile
VS.
Inquisitor, Generic Tie Adv. prototype pilot, Some TIE fighter, both Prototypes had guidance chips with some missiles and what not.
And I've still managed to pull a victory. My opponent has liked to fly Inquisitor up close and personal instead of sniping with him, which was odd to me, but I took my chance and marked him as my primary target.

This game is not MtG where you gotta stick to meta 24/7.
>>
>>49694106
Okay /swg/, it 2 O'Clock on a rainy Saturday afternoon and you're relaxing by shitposting in the Star Trek general.

The phone goes, you pick up and it's the ghost of Walt. He's given it a lot of thought and he'll be tell his most recent host to communicate that they're rebooting the prequels. Nothing from I-III is safe.

He's been spying on of for a while and wants to give you the first shot at a pitch because he thinks you've got spunk.

You have 15 mins to drop your pitch for a new prequel trilogy on him. Assume he'a done his homework and know whatever you're talking about or referencing.
>>
What´s the general opinion on the neimodians?

I can´t help, but want to punch them in the face, whenever I see them on screen and I don´t even know why.
>>
>>49694319
Is it because they're greedy space Jew-Japs, or is it because they look like someone has already punched their faces in?
>>
>>49694319
>What´s the general opinion on the neimodians?
they are a laughingstock.
>>
>>49694319
THEY ARE NO MATCH FOR DROIDDEEKAAAASSS!
>>
>>49694449
Weren't they the ones using the droidekas?
>>
>>49694382
Chinese. Their accents are fake Chinese, not fake Japanese.
>>
>>49694382
To be honest, it´s probably the latter.

>>49694449
Getting murdered by their own creations. Not sursprising at all.
>>
File: Faceoffumanchu.jpg (38KB, 300x457px) Image search: [Google]
Faceoffumanchu.jpg
38KB, 300x457px
>>49694382
They're space villains along the lines of Fu Manchu
>>
>>49694449
>THEY ARE NO MATCH FOR DROIDDEEKAAAASSS!
Keel thee Jedd-Eye. Thee Traade Federation will take Naboo for... Why are we doing this again?

>>49694319
It's called the Episode 1 effect, in which a thing which is introduced in the Phantom Menace is just complete and utter shit. The Neimodians are just the Jar-Jar Binks of villains. Even the Mofference is more competent than these idiots.
>>
>>49694646
>Why are we doing this again?
Sidious: "It's all part of my really complex master plan and I do not have time to go into all the details."
Nute Gunray: "You have no idea do you?"
Sidious: "SILENCE!"
>>
File: PSF.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
PSF.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>49694106
>Post about... ...noone reads this
So I can repost my /wbg/ posts here as well?

More seriously, I played my first physical game of X-wing the other night (having previously done some very basic learning games via the internet), and this is what I used. Ended up being a tie, with both of us destroying 36 points of the enemy before we had to call it. Guri was the only one that underperformed, though the two Protectorate Starfighters would have done much better if I knew what I was doing.
>>
File: Sigh.png (8KB, 306x84px) Image search: [Google]
Sigh.png
8KB, 306x84px
>>49694269
And that's just Episode I
>>
>>49695269
Ah you got me! Well done.
>>
>>49694269
I wouldn't want them to reboot I-III, one because I grew up with them and think they are kind of fun but two because it sets a precedent where Disney can redo any of the movies, which means of course they will redo the OT. Now I'd be a fool to think they won't do that in my lifetime, but I'd like to think they won't. Let's focus on doing new shit and getting that right instead of constantly navel gazing and revamping old shit
>>
File: mgr ray boss fight.jpg (195KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mgr ray boss fight.jpg
195KB, 1280x720px
>>49695526
Or at the very least, don't revamp shit that doesn't need a revamp or wouldn't benefit from such. The films shouldn't be redone because they're the foundation of the entire franchise. Change one thing, you end up potentially fucking over all of your writers.

But a revamp of The Force Unleashed by Platinum? Sign me the fuck up.
>>
>>49695526
>one reboot
>navel gazing
Yikes.
>>
File: byebyeagility.png (799KB, 1621x912px) Image search: [Google]
byebyeagility.png
799KB, 1621x912px
This list looks like it'd be really fun to try out
>>
Rate my squad, swg.
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!219:18,190,128,194:44:28:;123:135,-1,-1,118:-1:-1:;123:135,-1,-1,118:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>49694241
I played a guy at my LGS who said he hated X-Wing's current meta because everyone is bringing Palp Shuttles and it's all mirror matches basically. Store owner even said 9/12 people who went to the last tournament were Palp Shuttle users.
>>
What are some good builds for Ello Asty? I want to run him with Nien Numb when HotR comes out for super-manuverable T-70s.

Nien Numb build is Stay on Target, Pattern Analyser, Targetting Astromech and Autothrusters, though I may swap the latter for Vectored Thrusters/Intergrated Astromech.

Do I start the Clone Wars show with the movie or season one episode one?
>>
>>49696076
Wingman can't remove stress token from Jan Ors. Card specifies "another" friendly ship. Give her Wired instead?
>>
>>49696327
Current meta is bland as fuck. If you want to place at any decent tournament, you have to build your list around a) all the tryhards with triple j5k and b) all the others that brought palpaces to defeat a).
Pretty goddamn bland.

Swarms are still legit, at least, and this gave some life to many mid PS pilots (plus Wes, who's now a true alpha predator), but still goddamn bland.
>>
>>49696487
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
>>
>>49696522

The idea wasn't to use it for Jan, it was to fill her out as more of a support role. But Wired does sound better, it'll give her more punch and Wedge/Arvel aren't going to be getting stressed very often anyway
>>
Thoughts on Hound's Tooth? Should i squad it with Shadow Caster?
>>
THe dude making custom ships based off of real life ships still here?
>>
>>49696522
>>49696618
Seconding this, Wired on Jan works great. A nice boost all around boost.
>>
>>49696620
The basic partybus is pretty brutal against aces, and the Shadow Caster has some amazing control options, but I fear that even beefing up the HT you may lack the firepower to bring down meatier targets.
>>
File: 1473267513354.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473267513354.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>49694269
The broad strokes of the prequels aren't bad. I like Palpatine rising to power by manipulating both sides of a war, I like the Jedi as noble guardians who are also hide-bound and fearful of change, and I like Darth Maul and Qui-Gon Jinn.
The main thing I would do is build the positive side of Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship more. One of the big issues with the prequels is that there are like 2 scenes where they act like friends, and the rest of the time they're shouting at each other and being grumpy. These two should be bros for life who really love each other, but have a lot of fundamental disagreements about how things should be done that ultimately results in their falling out and becoming bitter enemies.
Also, keeping the political aspect of Anakin's fall from the first cut of Episode 3 is important I think.
Generally, I think the prequels would benefit most from some cleaning and tightening, and from removing the "humor" aimed at children. It's okay for it to have fun, kiddy bits, but the prequels aggressively pursued having a super young target audience in a way that I think wasn't successful.
>>
>>49696705
yeah, I'd say the prequels are Bad Movies with Good Ideas.

Just...terrible decisions in so many places, so often. But some really interesting things worth saving in others. Love that Sheev
>>
>>49696705
It also had the problem of picking the wrong actors for certain roles.
You really need to be special caliber of actor to say the shit George Lucas writes and make it come off like you mean it or not lame, and while folks like McGregor, Lee, and Neeson can do it right, Christiansen and Portman are more suited to scripts grounded in reality.
>>
File: mayonnaise.png (452KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mayonnaise.png
452KB, 640x480px
What's the cheesiest thing you can think of using the Special Modifications crafting rules?
>>
>>49696705
>>49696717
>>49696768
I love you guys.
>>
>>49696677
I was thinking of something like that.
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!219:18,190,194,128:44:28:;131:27,144,-1,189,177,-1,194:24:3:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>49696839
Large groups of Minion droids. Create 6 Monotask droids with Mechanics and Computers (IIRC all the checks required are Average). With 1 yellow and 4 green dice, they can usually beat the difficulty for crafting almost anything, including other droids. Have your droids create more droids. Become Von Neumann.
>>
>>49694319
They're a pretty racist caricature and they suck as villains because they're inept cowards.
>>
>>49696839
Spam.

Seriously; a Triumph on a crafting roll can permanently reduce the difficulty of making that item by 1. This means that after a week or so and with about a thousand credits' worth of supplies, you can make a particular weapon with no opposed dice. From there, just build new weapons until you get enough Advantage or Triumph to make as crazy a weapon as you want. Since one of the options for the result is that you get half the cost back, it's actually surprisingly efficient.
>>
>>49696705
I've always thought they needed to play up Anakin caring about his troops more. It's an informed trait of his, and a good point to leverage his descent into the dark side. Anakin comes to believe that the Jedi Council does not have the will to win the war because they are unwilling to do ugly things, even though they'll spend clone lives like chits (we see Obi-Wan do just this in the opening of Ep 3).

Do something more with his mother. It's a good turning point, but why did he only care NOW? He should be asking about his mother a lot, and getting the usual Yoda dogshit advice about 'muh personal feelings.' He decides to disobey that because duh, then his mom dies. This would represent the point at which he stopped trusting Jedi wisdom, especially when he started having visions about Padme.

Have Palpatine sell himself through the greater good. Have him argue that yes, people will be less free - but at least they'll be safe. Have him argue that the Jedi don't give a fuck about human beings, just their ideology.
>>
Anyone ever use GURPS to play star wars? How was it? Rules look pretty okay for it.
>>
>tfw players are known to do crazy off the wall stuff
>hand draw 40 different maps, include 10 different backup plot hooks.
>they do the main plot with the most direct route for the first time ever

aaaaaaahhhh
>>
>>49696866
What about this?
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!219:18,189,194,128:44:28:;131:27,144,-1,190,178,61,194:-1:3:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron

I switched Ketsu and Latts, making Asajj more independent and giving Bossk some much needed survivability.
Boba Fett and Bossk don't work that well together and the Hound's Tooth title is fun but kinda worthless, honestly, so I took them out to free some points that went towards Dengar (between Black Market Slicer Tools and Engine Upgrade you have a lot of competition for actions) and Tactician (because your arc is fucking HUGE).

I personally don't like Black Market Slicer Tools at all, but since this is a kind of a contested point I left them in for you to try them out.
>>
>>49697092
>gurps
>rules pretty okay

Pick one
>>
>>49697092
GURPS is pretty good, but I don't feel like the mechanics would fit SW at all.

If you end up trying it please tell us your experience, though
>>
>>49697270
From what I see is that Force power operates on an exponential scale which means that Jedi and Sith are scary powerful at upper tier while starting at Luke in New Hope at the start
>>
>>49697147
Not sure about tactian, what do you think about swapping him for an Concussion missle?
>>
>>49694269

I tell Walt that the Phantom Menace needs to not exist, for starters.

If you remove that film you have some wiggle room to make a trilogy and actually have worthwhile stuff in it.
>>
>>49697307
At that point you'd have to swap Engine Upgrade with a Guidance Chip to make the most of it, not really worth it otherwise.

And besides that, scum right now is drowning in excellent crews: 4-LOM and Zuckuss are both crazy killers, while Outlaw Tech and Security Droid would help with your aforementioned action congestion.
>>
>>49697060
In all fairness that's really hard to pull off with just three movies while still keeping enough room for an action and event-driven plot as Star Wars is and not a character-driven one.
They DO hint at his strongest weakness being his inability to separate emotion and love from attachment all the way in Episode 1; Shmi tells him to go with Qui-Gon and don't look back. She tells him that TWICE in fact, trying to get him to understand that he's going to have a new life with new responsibilities and that she is part of his old life.

He doesn't listen.
He looks back.
>>
>>49696839
>>49696839
No one thing. The fact that you can reduce most gear to 1 enc is the cheesiest result of those rules. Encumbrance seems to be the balancing factor to what gear characters load themselves up with more than money, etc.
>>
>>49697329
Phantom Menace was not actually bad.
Especially for half of the memetastic reasons you hear all over the Internet.

The biggest issues are the Gungans (just fucking change their voices) and the apparent lack of a "main" character.
If you focus more on Obi-Wan as the lead (keeping this going throughout all three prequel films) and keep nearly the exact same plot then you have half of the problems fixed right there.
He's basically deuteragonist with Christianson in II and III plot-wise, but Anakin BY FAR has more script and screen time devoted to him despite McGregor being pretty much of equal plot importance, especially in the final act.
>>
>>49697411
None of the Star Wars movies are 'bad'

'Bad' is the Matrix Revolutions, brand-killer. The Star Wars movies are kitsch at worst.
>>
>>49697348
I'm ok with Outlaw Tech, but how am i suppose to loose stress tokens after Zuckuss? Besides, BMST is doing well aginst aces, so i think it's worth a shot.
>>
>>49697450
>how am i suppose to loose stress tokens after Zuckuss

You really aren't, honestly.
>>
File: rf woody.jpg (16KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
rf woody.jpg
16KB, 480x480px
>>49697444
>None of the Star Wars movies are 'bad'
>>
>>49697411

I ended up really liking TPM last time I watched it. I hadn't watched it in 6~ years, felt like watching a bad film, and I ended up walking away impressed. I've watched it twice this year now.

I thought Qui-Gon worked as a protagonist as well

My only real issues with it was the overuse of slapstick with Jar-Jar and Anakin piloting the N-1 during the final battle
>>
>>49697411
>>49697444
>Phantom Menace was not actually bad.
>None of the Star Wars movies are 'bad'
>>
>>49697492
>>49697549
Let's not start shit like /co/. We're better than this, we're /tg/
>>
>>49697626
I mean, I'm not the one spreading obvious lies, here
>>
Recently in X-Wing an idea has been calling to me: take a Tala Z-95 and give it Proton Rockets and Guidance Chips. 16 points for One Good Shot that you can get off with a Focus.

Just how bad is this idea?
>>
>>49697636

Well, using his apparent definition of bad, he's not wrong. TPM was definitely not a critically high quality film - but Lucas managed to get 2 more movies and a TV series (with a pilot release in theaters) after that. And then even after that, Disney managed to make one of the most financially successful movies of all time.
>>
File: zEth5M6h.jpg (112KB, 743x1023px) Image search: [Google]
zEth5M6h.jpg
112KB, 743x1023px
>>49694319
>I can´t help, but want to punch them in the face, whenever I see them on screen and I don´t even know why.
>>
>>49693424
>>49693427
>>49693447
>>49693460
>>49693480

In KotOR the blaster rifles do 1d8 damage, in modern d20 star wars they do 3d8 damage. The artstyle DOES look too advanced but it's still weaker mechanically.
>>
>>49697685
Homing Missiles works better for a few points more, same amount of dice, bigger range, you get to keep your TL to modify the roll and they don't get their evade.

Concussion is fine too.
>>
>>49697636
You're totally free to like or dislike whatever you want, as are other anons.
>>
>>49697778
Yeah blasters were kinda shit in Kotor. Virbroblades did work though especially that sonic based one from the Yavin station
>>
Sometimes i forget that this board is infested with children who cant accept that people like things they dont
>>
>>49697803
>>49697836
Listen here, you're free to like whatever the fuck you want, no one is going to rob you of that, but at least be objective about it.
I had my own fun with it and it gave birth to some of my favourite starship/droid designs, but it was a goddamn worthless movie.
>>
>>49697836
>I can't believe people disagree with my opinion on 4chan instead of coddling me
>>
>>49697816
Ah yavin station. Aka "the reason you savescum every game of pazaak or load up cheats."
>>
>>49697886
That's not being objective.
>>
>>49697908
It's not "people disagree with my opinion."

It's "people believe their opinion is objective fact."
>>
>>49697541
I still think that Obi-Wan should have consistently been the protagonist, if only to more strongly link the prequel films together. You're right about Qui-Gon being good though.

Episode II and III kinda misportray the Jedi in some ways because the focus is on Anakin; who is repeatedly noted to be an extremely unorthodox Jedi who is extremely emotional and impulsive.
Episode I is better about it; Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan NEVER freak out right up until Qui-Gon gets Obi-Waned by Maul, they just stay totally chill and keep their heads on straight. The closest we see to them getting actually upset before the fight with Maul is Obi-Wans ridiculously dry jokes and the mild irritation Qui-Gon has with Jar-Jar every now and then.
>>
>>49697886
>objective

Your opinion does not make objective fact you 12 year old.
>>
>>49697999
In other note, the usage of body language over dialogue in the fight with Maul is excellent, and each of the actors does a great job of showing the differences between the three fighters during their battle in Theed Palace.
>>
Looks like we have a dedicated shitposter boys
>>
>>49698019
The Maul/Kenobi/Jinn fight is better than its given credit.
>>
>>49697349
This is sad proof that Lucan actually had it in him to do a much better job than he did and that's te most painful ting to reallize. If he was shit and did a shit job, then we got the best we could. UT he was obviously better than he allowed himself to be.
>>
>>49698014
Not him and I only came on here to talk about X-Wing, but neither does yours you know?
Weather or not something that is designed as a piece of entertainment is good or bad is entirely subjective as it is designed to ENTERTAIN and thus as long as someone is entertained by it it is successful.
The only way to objectively judge a film as "good" or "bad" is to talk about mechanical aspects of filming and production that so far no one on here has talked about even once.
>>
>>49698051
all ive said is his opinion isnt objective. I havent given my feelings on the film
>>
>>49698039
I think it's actually given quite a bit of credit and for most people is one of the most memorable parts of the entire movie.
There's a good reason they reuse Duel of the Fates over and over again after it got first shown in that movie.
>>
>>49698051
>but neither does yours you know?
Not that anon, but he didn't try to present his opinion as objective fact. >>49697886 did (even going as far to say he was being objective about it), and it's annoying and pretentious.
>>
Gentlemen, I'm playing a Mandelorian teenager post Jedi Civil War who's father was a captain in the military during the war.

Any advice? How angry should I be at the Jedi?
>>
>>49698197
what game
>>
>>49698235
Pretty sure we're doin' d6 on account of d20 being terribad.
>>
>>49698244
d6 isn't any better. Play FFG.
>>
>>49698244
why not ffg
>>
>>49698197
Well, if Canderous is any indication the Mandalorians weren't exactly sore losers.
He basically outright says that they wanted a big war with a worthy foe; they got one and lost fair and square. No harm no foul.
But that said, Mandalorians are still individuals and have individual opinions. They can hold grudges just like anybody else can, even if their social code really isn't particularly big on it.
>>
File: 1458919816682.jpg (19KB, 510x275px) Image search: [Google]
1458919816682.jpg
19KB, 510x275px
>>49698197
Ride eternal, shiny, and beskar. Live each day like an '80s action flick.

And no, the Mandalorians wouldn't really be angry at the Jedi. It was good fighting and the Jedi gave them the best scrap of their lives. A good time was had by all. Except the Cathar. And the Jedi. And the non-Mandalorians.
>>
>>49698244

>>49698256
>>49698264
This desu
>>
>>49698051
different guy, this doesn't mean that entertainment is immune to critique.
While there is an subjective component you are interacting with an objective thing. Whether it's a difference of opinion, or someones being an idiot typically comes down to whether the difference in the arguments depends upon the subjective premises or the objective ones.

If both sides are presenting logically valid arguments, and their objective premises are true, you've got something that is sound for one side, and unsound for the other, depending entirely on them not being the same person.

The problem here is that the guy saying that the star wars movies aren't bad is agreeing on the objective premises of the bad parts (gungans, too many arcs to follow without a clear focus) but he presents no argument for how those things do not make the movie bad.
Saying the movie is fixable is not the same thing, his argument isn't valid. His conclusion does not follow from his premises.
>>
>>49697783
You need to have (not spend) a Focus to fire the rockets, so you do not need to know who you are going to shoot when you take your action. But yeah, other than that i guess the Homing Missiles are better.
>>
>>49698264
Yeah that's what I thought, but then again my character is like 17 and I was going to go with the whole idea of him wanting to have joined the war, but it ended before he could.

So he's a bit angsty since he never knew his mother, and his father disappeared during the war, probably slain by the Jedi. So he's working as a bounty hunter/merc while looking for his father.

GM said he had plans for the mother and I know something big is in story. Especially since another other player told me he knows who the mother is but isn't allowed to tell me, the revel is supposed to be shocking though. Apparently he got visions of me and my past in his intro session.

Kinda curious what it is
>>
>>49698277
The reason I liked KOTOR's Mandalorians over Traviss' version is because they kept the honor code thing but then showed that warrior codes are frequently used as an excuse to commit pretty horrible atrocities in actual wars.
The Mandalorians respect valor and strength and will treat a worthy warrior respectfully, but also they aren't particularly sorry or upset that they caused lots of civilian deaths either.
Plus it shows that the way the Mandalorian Code works means that in a lot of ways that kinda get the shit end of the stick when they aren't fighting an actual war, ending up as petty pirates and thugs for hire and not really fighting the kinds of fights filled with worthy foes they want to get involved in.

Kinda like the samurai after the civil wars period ended; they had to be soldiers but without a war to fight they're really just thugs with a skill that isn't nearly as useful anymore.
>>
>>49698355
Assuming you discount Traviss's work set post-endor the mandos were relatively grey, she was after all basing them on the Jango Fett Open Seasons comics and Fenn Shysha from the Marvel comics at the time, only a small faction of "Good" mandos existed and she acknowledged how few there were. (Though as the books went on they slowly showed that there were a few mroe survivors and auxiliaries who were not there when Dooku crushed Jango's forces at whatever battle that was in the snow.)
>>
>>49698070
>Saying that I enjoyed something while having no problems admitting that it isn't good somehow makes me pretentious

>While that other guy is worked up as fuck because someone bursted his bubble of "I liked it so it must be good"
>>
>>49698390
No, I mean her Republic Commando books where all Jedi were assholes except the one that wanted to be a Mandalorian.
The issue isn't the content, it's the complete ignoring of context she doesn't already ageee with. The fact that she creates a new "cool warrior culture" in literally EVERY series of books she ever writes (no seriously, in all of them, I checked) who immediately become super important and steal the show from everyone else shows that she kind of has some recurrening things in her writing that she refuses to ever change.

Especially egregarious is how she claims the Jedi encouraged treating the clones as disposable, when pretty much all of the rest of the material says it was THEY who suggested the clones start taking names and customizing their armor and unit insignias so they can hopefully develop as individuals and not droids, and while they did spent their lives it's because that they were generals and commanders and soldiers ARE going to die in wartime one way or another.
Notably as soon as the Jedi are gone suddenly any individuality given to the clones and stormtroopers is outlawed and they are once again referred to by numbers rather then names because Palpatine didn't want people, he wanted obiediant weapons.
>>
>>49698467
TCW seems to have done away with the latter at least, as it's pretty clear guys like Rex and Cody are friends with their respective CO's and that most Jedi recognize the different clones in sight and address them universally by their nicknames.
>>
>>49698467
>>49698542
True, aside from a particular assholish one who ends up dead, anyway in TCW all Jedi seem to take the clones in great esteem, or at the very least to consider them "people" rather then "weapons"
>>
>>49698467
>No, I mean her Republic Commando books where all Jedi were assholes except the one that wanted to be a Mandalorian.
There are three Jedi that make routine apperances, two mandoboo and one that was jsut overworked and out of his element. A Jedi being forced to manage a fucking intelligence/black ops agency wetworks and all would definitely be in a bad situation that slowly drove them a little bit crazy, and even then all he really was was "The station chief in a buddy cop movie who threatens to throw people off the force (heh, force) over misunderstandings."

And remember it was easy to brush of Kal and Walon's grumbling as coming from two specific people with their own erronious views of the universe based on their perspective from deep in the darkest parts of the war.

When Traviss started writing books where she had the chance to create dialogue and narration for the ENTIRE SETTING it got bad.

But Repcom? Up till late Order 66 was mostly Two grumpy ass old man mandlorians who didn't like teh Jedi but worked with them for various reasons, two novice jedi whose training was interrupted by the war, and one old jedi master put in a position where he had to make incredibly tough moral decisions and was slowly worn down by it. (all according to Sheevkaku)
>>
>>49698542
Speaking of TCW (just started watching it recently) I noticed that the reasons the clones like Anakin as a commander are not just because he leads from the front (because all the Jedi do that) but because of the ways he is most un-Jedi-like, the way he consistently favors aggeessive tactics and daring assaults that appeal to their soldier training and nature.
>>
>>49698599
Yeah. He leads them like a soldier, not like a jedi
>>
>>49698638
Which is not necessarily a good thing, though.

I'd much rather have Kenobi as my commander.
>>
>>49698638
Not just a soldier, a CRAZY soldier.
Speaking as someone who's served, officers and NCO's who like to take crazy chances and take the same risks along with their men can be pretty well-regarded a lot of time because what a soldier REALLY wants to do is FIGHT.
If orders say they don't fight then they won't because they're soldiers, but if given the choice your average grunt will often take the most dangerous or aggressive one tactically without a second thought.
>>
>>49698673
Yeah, ditto.
>>
>>49698680
Oh, yeah. He leads like a crazed lance who somehow ended up being skip-promoted to general
>>
>>49698759
I'm really not sure. Okay, Anakin's plans are nuts and he does crazy shit, but I always got the sense that Obi Wan was less skilled as a general and got more of his troops killed.
>>
>>49698599
And his padiwon Ahsoka basically chums it up with all the clones.

[Spoiler] The Rex and Ahsoka hug is the best scene in Rebels [/spoiler]
>>
>>49698806
Anakin's lads also generally seemed to have a more elite image than Obi-Wan's guys, although that was partly due to greater exposure in Legends media and having the advantage of being player characters in Battlefront 2.
>>
>>49698806
Nah, the death toll is basically equal when their plans work out.
Obi-Wan is just usually shown to be loosing at the beginning of an episode so Anakin and Ahsoka can save the day after his brief appearance.

As the series goes on both loose an equal number of troops more or less, and both largely due to tactical shit where they honestly did make the best decision at the time but people were still going to die because of some crazy Separatist thing they weren't even aware they were gonna plan for.
>>49698769
I knew a LanceCo who was almost EXACTLY like him actually.
My instructor once said to me that "half of your soldier's and NCO's will have good experience and you should listen to their advice, the other half will have literally no sense of self-preservation and you'll have to substitute as one for them".

I thought he was just being a cynical dick at the time.
>>
>>49698451
Saying "but at least be objective about it.
I had my own fun with it and it gave birth to some of my favourite starship/droid designs, but it was a goddamn worthless movie" is annoying and pretentious. Drop the "objective" bullshit and quit acting like your opinion is fact, asshole.
>>
>>49699022
this
>>
>>49698905
Yeah. A buddy of mine was under a Lt on his afghan tour who was a former lance and was batshit crazy and more or less completely fearless; he was always coming up with crazy plans, most of which got vetoed by his CO. My favorite was one where, as part of raiding a compound with high walls, he wanted to strap a bunch of fucking claymores to the front of a MRAP and bulldoze it through the fucking wall before popping the claymores, to clear the yard. It didn't end up happening, of course, but that's a anakin-tier plan if I've ever heard one
>>
>>49699089
Hahaha what the shit.
>>
>>49699022
>Saying X is annoying and pretentious because I say so

I see. Nice namecalling, by the way.
>>
>>49694269
I add top tier legends stuff like Moffrences, bantha biscuit beasts and comfy chairs.

Anakin does a barrel roll, then as he does it spots a bad guy. He says spinning is a good trick and that's how SPIN gets its name.
>>
>>49699089
>he wanted to strap a bunch of fucking claymores to the front of a MRAP and bulldoze it through the fucking wall before popping the claymores, to clear the yard. It didn't end up happening, of course, but that's a anakin-tier plan if I've ever heard one

Man, that's some Battlefield multiplayer shit right there.
>>
>>49694319
(plinkett voice) the prequels are, like, bad
>>
>>49698197
Mandalorians are extremely based in tradition. Nomadic lifestyle influenced everything about them. They live in their armor, always have three different contingencies, and never turn down a good war.

They basically had 6 tenets they lived by, called the Resol'nare.
1) Speak the Language
2)Wear your armor
3)Defend your family
4)Serve your clan's interests
5)Teach your children the laws
6)Come when the Mand'alor calls.

Granted this is all Legends canon.

t. Mandofag
>>
>>49697492
from my point of view the prequels are bad
>>
>>49699123
Hey shitposter-kun
>>
So I'm aware SWTOR isn't exactly looked on nicely in these parts, but what do you guys think of the trailer for the upcoming expansion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0
>>
>>49699216
The trailers are amazing because they aren't made by the same people who make the game.

Here's the one for the other expansion from last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkgzXpKbVGE
>>
>>49699159

Though Rosol'nare is never mentioned, I find it interesting Sabine actually does pretty good at these considering she's a ex-Imperial and a Deathwatch kid.

Supplementals confirm she speaks Mando'a, she wears armor constantly and defends the Ghost as her adopted family. And we don't really know what the fuck her clan's interest are, she has no children and canon isn't exactly clear on the concept of Mand'alor.
>>
>>49699216
Their trailers are all pretty good, if you don't mind them being a bit flashy.
The fight on the bridge in this one was pretty tame actually, I liked them not going overboard with it, every hit was satisfying.

Also loved the detail of the girl dragging her fingers through the sand while picking up the staff, gives off her frustration nicely.
>>
>>49699250
>>49699216
desu swtor is fine if you treat it as a single player game. Not great but fine.
>>
>>49699250
It's like those cinematic for Blizzard games; looks great but the game sure as hell isn't going to look like that.
>>
>>49699390
Yep. Haven't played it since finishing my DvL stuff, but I'll probably start up again when they release the new expansion.
>>
>>49699341
I understood there is no Mand'alor anymore, so that commandment is very easy to follow.
>>
>>49699533
>No mand'alor
>not just in ba'slan shev'la, waiting for the right moment to reemerge and unite the clans
The hour of vengeance will soon be upon you Imperials.
>>
Holy shit, Governor Price knows kung fu.
>>
The Antilies Extraction is up.
>>
>>49699721
Okay, having the Y-Wings die to only ONE twin-link shot really took things a bit too far, they should have at least taken the time to show a handful of grazing blows.
>>
>>49699870

Clearly the simulators are based on EotE.
>>
>>49699721
>>49699870
>>49699918
Also FUUUUUCK they took Hobbie from Biggs and gave him to Wedge.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Hobbie Klivian.jpg (18KB, 238x316px) Image search: [Google]
Hobbie Klivian.jpg
18KB, 238x316px
>>49699935
What happened? Did the writers take Biggs' Legends backstory and replace Biggs with Wedge?
>>
>>49700004
Hobbie and Wedge are in the Imperial Academy together and defect together. So yeah, basically.

I assume it's because of Empire Strikes Back and Hobbie being Wedge's gunner on Hoth?

And man, The Wook don't even know what 's up.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Derek_Klivian
>There are three conflicting canon sources for this article, from Derek "Hobbie" Klivian in the Databank, Star Wars: Card Trader, and Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction".
>>
>>49700049
>Hobbie being Wedge's gunner on Hoth?
Negative, Ghostrider, that was Janson. Hobbie was in a separate speeder. And Luke had more lines communicating with Hobbie than Wedge did.
>>
>>49700059
Oh fuck me that's right. My bad! Why the fuck was Hobbie even in this then?!
>>
>>49700049
>>49700069

It's super-fucking convoluted, but maybe they reinserted him like Sabine to extract Biggs?

Pretty sure the whole point of a singular story group was to stop this shit from happening.
>>
File: people's eyebrow.jpg (19KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
people's eyebrow.jpg
19KB, 277x400px
>>49700069
Fucked if I know. Filoni stuff isn't really my cup of tea, and I'm too scared to watch this new episode. Is the Great One finally back?
>>
>>49700131
No, it's a different Baron with only gold striping.
>>
>>49700131

Nyet, and he's probably better off for it. But red stripes on squint aces is in, so there's that.
>>
>>49700159

And golly-gee, Squints are treated pretty well by this episode. Take out a flight of As with a 2:1 ratio rebs favor and a GR-75. Their ace nearly has Wedge dead to rights, even flying a tub like a TIE/sa. If they hadn't gone to hyperspace, the son of a gun probably would have taken on a CR-90
>>
>>49700100
I have a feeling Recon is gonna answer this. If not this week, then next.
>>
>>49699935
>>49700004
>>49700049
>>49700059
>>49700100
>>49700215
>>49700131
Actually they SPECIFICALLY make a point of not giving Hobbie's surname at the end.

I specifically sent Pablo a thankyou tweet and rebels recon a question, hopefully it's not Klivian.

>>49700200
Yeah, this show is fucking dumb about starship powerlevels, three Squints can nearly scrap a CR-90 and yet the ghost can barely scratch an AT-AT or even a MAN SIZED FUCKING SPIDER?!? Y-Wings get their shields mentioned and still go down to single sets of twinlinks.
>>
>>49700306

Yeah, ships definitely follow the rules of narrative convenience. AT-ATs are freakishly tough, one of them takes what, 4 torps from the Ghost and stands back up? But a single AT-TE shot at the weak neck does it. The Ghost has soaked TIE shots for days, but Vader can whittle on Phoenix Home in an Advanced and win. The INs at least have the excuse they're firing four lasers pretty tight in rapid succession. But in ANH, the Tantive IV can duke it out with a Star Destroyer for several minutes. And the Bombers can take several scraped from the squint later. And apparently all the difference between /sa and /sh is unpacking the ordinance.

It's silly, but it seems to be a measure of what is immediately needed for the story, and who is on the ships. Which also works for our constant "Rebels is an RPG group" analogy.

Phoenix Squadron As are minions who are constantly obliterated by serious villains, but you put Hera in an A she is merely incapacitated for a session when Fenn Rau has her dead to rights. The Ghost is a sweet-ass party base ship with heavy deflectors, while the GR-75 or the CR-90 aren't necessarily souped-up vessels which are not fully milspec. And if Ezra and Kanan weren't on it that corvette would have popped like a balloon.
>>
Why couldn't it have been Janson?
>>
>>49700502
>>49700306

Of course, it could also be a pacing thing. Rebels only has like 23 minutes an episode. Outside of the climax most of the space action scenes in the OT go by pretty quick, and since they get way less space than a feature film you can see why they want to make sure stuff resolves fast.

That said, y'know, if all you need to take out light cruisers is to give 'em a little dakka dakka with your fighter's guns, it makes me wonder about why the fuck ordinance exists. Not that it much does in Rebels anyway - even though it wouldn't be hard to model concussion missiles.
>>
File: imperial attack.webm (853KB, 635x354px) Image search: [Google]
imperial attack.webm
853KB, 635x354px
I love that apparently interceptors can fit in that gap in the Arquitens prow. That is gonna be a nasty surprise for an RPG group.
>>
File: Warcrimes I beg to differ.webm (995KB, 635x354px) Image search: [Google]
Warcrimes I beg to differ.webm
995KB, 635x354px
>>49700674

Has anyone been keeping count of how many A-wings the Phoenix fleet has lost? Gotta be at least two dozen by now.
>>
>>49700674

Geez, look at those squints pouring out fire. And they utilize their great handling and agility to with those little dodge rolls. Great focus and coordination from all three pilots too. I guess the skill divide between the imperial aces and grunts is pretty high.

Will Rebels show a transition to better craft and skill level for the Alliance, I wonder? Would we trust them to actually portray X-Wings well?
>>
File: 1453991416051.jpg (46KB, 440x398px) Image search: [Google]
1453991416051.jpg
46KB, 440x398px
>>49700721
>two dozen
Jesus Christ. Over how long of a time frame was this? How incompetent are these yobbos?
>>
>>49700792

Also, do you think Rebels will ever get some wacky TIE variants, or is the modeling just too costly? I bet they could rig a Punisher pretty easy since they already built a Bomber.
>>
>>49700626
> if all you need to take out light cruisers is to give 'em a little dakka dakka with your fighter's guns, it makes me wonder about why the fuck ordinance exists. Not that it much does in Rebels anyway - even though it wouldn't be hard to model concussion missiles.

My headcanon explanation for that is that pretty much every Rebel ship is running with most, if not all, shield energy pumped into engines and lasers.
>>
File: Phoenix Two.webm (1MB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix Two.webm
1MB, 600x334px
>>49700797

About a year maybe? There is a 6 mnth gap between Season 2 and 3, and Season 2 spanned a few months.

But yeah, Vader downed about 6 in the Season 2 opener, 6 more just got blasted in the latest Season 3 episode, and they've lost handfuls here and there in between.

I like the show, but these cannonfodder pilots are just kinda sad. I especially find this one silly because... why isn't the CR90 or Ghost providing covering fire?
>>
>>49700797

>Over how long of a time frame was this?

By this point, 1-2 years? The Ghost has probably killed that many TIEs personally at least, so it might balance out.

>How incompetent are these yobbos?

Let me put it this way. If I shouted out to the thread "post webms of A-wings being blown up" or something similar, you would probably get one at least for every episode an A-Wing has been in. Except the one last week where Ezra and Kanan rode in a Trainer as a makeshift shuttle.

>>49700836

It's also possible given how it was a plot point in Siege of Lothal that most of these ships are civilian market models which are pushed into military roles - they aren't armed with top-of-the-line military-grade shielding or other components.
>>
>>49700797
>being overly concerned about numbers in Star Wars
>Karen Traviss' numbers of clones in the Grand Army of the Republic is still canon.
>>
>>49700626
They had the time to show the TIEs missing SEVERAL times, they could have had the time to show it scoring several hits.

>>49700836
>>49700857
POWER TO ENGINES.

God I love that order.
>>
File: Blockade Runner.webm (3MB, 499x312px) Image search: [Google]
Blockade Runner.webm
3MB, 499x312px
>>49700869

I dont' think I've made a Webm of EVERY A-wing in the show getting splashed...

Just most of them.
>>
>>49700891

It's not the A-Wing's fault, even. The pilots are shown to be complete scrubs even out of their ships.

I mean, the show treats recruiting Wedge and "Hobbie" as a solid replacement for like, 6 of these guys.
>>
File: Arquitens Ambush.webm (2MB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
Arquitens Ambush.webm
2MB, 600x330px
>>49700929

I actually like how Thrawn points out how "meager" their accomplishment of stealing 5 Y-wings in the Season opener is. Also Pryce commenting about how they struggle so hard to accomplish so much.

Lotta growing pains in this early rebellion.
>>
File: TIE Sentinel.jpg (11KB, 400x195px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Sentinel.jpg
11KB, 400x195px
>>49700811
what TIE versions would fit for the time period?
>Defender is years and years off
>Phantom is busy being stuck in development hell
>TIE/Droid is even further off than the Defender
>Hunter is too rare to squander on small-time rebel cells
>X-Wing Alliance Experimental TIEs would need a lot of build-up to make sense

The most probable ones if you ask me would be the TIE Sentinel. They could run with the recon angle and make them a credible threat even though the Sentinel isn't heavily armed in itself.
>Sentinel spots you
>reports in
>5 minutes later you are between a ImpStar and a hard place
>>
File: 1400849587516.jpg (85KB, 308x289px) Image search: [Google]
1400849587516.jpg
85KB, 308x289px
>>49700869
>>49700857
>Legends A-wing price tag is 175k credits
>4.2 million credits pissed away
>Not accounting for costs of maintenance, storage, fuel, ordnance, the early Rebellion's sorry excuse for pilot training, etc.
Christ, if this was Legends, Rebel accountants across the sector would be crying themselves to sleep.
>>
File: Rebels Y-Wings.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rebels Y-Wings.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>49700992

Well these new canon ones are an older A-wing. Apparently they have heavier armor, shields and guns compared to the ones we see at Endor, which are stripped-down suicide sled that'd make an Squint green with envy.

Given how useful armor and shields seems to be on these things, I can see why they hot-rodded em.
>>
I ran beyond the rim for my new group today and one of my players would visibly get upset whenever I did something different from the book. What do I do?
>>
>>49700992

Well, if this was Legends, they'd be R-22 Spearheads, and probably cheaper. The early model As from Rebels haven't shown launching missiles, sensor jamming or ludicrous speed traditionally associated with the A. The new canon is the model started as a KSE product to compete with the TIE but wasn't low bid enough, so it's like 15-16 years old when Rebels starts.
>>
File: Phoenix Squadron Launch.webm (1MB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
Phoenix Squadron Launch.webm
1MB, 600x330px
>>49701070

Talk to the player, ask them why they're bothered. Explain that things can and will deviate from published adventures, if only because of the actions of the players.
>>
>>49701108
Well I introduced a new sidequest on the space station because they were literally just going to wait 8 hours and not do anything on the station and he outright said "this isnt in the book youre jus ttrying to get us killed"
>>
>>49701070
You're the GM. If you want to switch things up it's your call.
Heck, toss in a Imperial Navy group showing up in orbit on a sporadic patrol stop. Or a bunch of Squibs showing up and setting up a wandering bazaar. or... well you get the general idea.
>>
>>49700982

Well, we don't really know that about Defenders, but the IT/Punisher design is about from this era.

And, god-forbid we ever transition to the hit-and-run attacks the Rebels are supposed to be good at instead of Rebel convoys being obliterated, the Aggressor could also show up. You could even make a joke about the TIE/sf

>"A TIE with a tailgunner? It'll never catch on".
>>
>>49701148
>"A TIE with a tailgunner? It'll never catch on".
I can see Rex and Wedge talking snubfighters and that popping up.
>Rex getting nostalgic about the ARC-170
>Wedge countering in correllian speed demon fashion
>Rex: "At least the ARC had a tail gunner. Whoever designed the TIEs could learn a thing or two from the ARC-170"
>Wedge: "A TIE with a tailgunner? It'll never catch on".
>>
>>49701120
>youre jus ttrying to get us killed

Oh dear, is he one of those players that think these games are a competition between GM and PCs?

I mean, I guess thats a valid way to play, but not one I want at my table. At my table we're here to have fun telling a awesome story.
>>
File: Rebel Hit and Run.webm (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Rebel Hit and Run.webm
2MB, 600x338px
>>49701148

They do quite well WHEN its a hit and run (extracting the Ghost crew in the S1 finale, stealing the Y-wings, stealing loot from that one convoy in >>49700961, etc)

But yeah, not so good once the Imperials have time to respond or forewarning.
>>
>>49701120
Does he by chance have aspergers or severe autism?

I once played with a guy who had a form of highly functioning aspbergers and he got really strange and passive-aggressive when i deviated from the written adventure or tweaked rules.
>>
You guys have to remember that the rebels went down easily in the movies as well. These aren't even the modified A-Wings either.
>>
>>49701271
Im not sure but he got really angry over this.

>>49701241
Speaking of it was his idea to just wait it out since "theres nothing on the station except information on the planet we're going to"
>>
>>49701319

Yeah, its pretty much the usual "Nameless good guy cannonfodder gets owned, the protagonists are in trouble now! Time to be heroic!".

Star Wars IS a pulp fantasy setting afterall.
>>
File: A Sad Tarkin.png (65KB, 125x201px) Image search: [Google]
A Sad Tarkin.png
65KB, 125x201px
>>49701337
>Speaking of it was his idea to just wait it out since "theres nothing on the station except information on the planet we're going to"

Yup, thats a guy who has read the adventure and just wants to win, from what I can tell from the little info provided.
>>
Has "Phoenix Squadron Pilot" become the Star Wars equivalent of Star Trek's "Redshirt"?
>>
>>49701337
Yeah, just tell him that as the GM, you'll be improvising/adjusting the adventure as you feel need be and that you also don't appreciate him trying to game the adventure by reading it beforehand.

He'll just have to learn how to deal with it or probably leave your game.
>>
>>49700502
>But in ANH, the Tantive IV can duke it out with a Star Destroyer for several minutes.

Not really. The Star Destroyer was just chasing and trying to disable the Tantive IV.
>>
File: ohho.jpg (34KB, 322x311px) Image search: [Google]
ohho.jpg
34KB, 322x311px
>>49700674
Ahahahaha, rebfags btfo
>>
>>49701337
Either take him to the side and talk to him about "Players VS GM" contra "Fun collective storytelling" playstyles. If that doesn't fit his view of how RPGs should be played, drop him like a live thermal detonator and find someone to replace him.
>>
>>49701319
Yes, but as far as we know the rebs had been getting pounded before the final deathblow came onscreen.

In rebels they showed that the FIRST hit was ALSO the last one.
>>
>>49701433
We'll probably see the Phoenix A-Wings getting beefed up and modified in later episodes to close the gap between the Rebels (relatively) slow cardboard armor ones and the RotJ speed demon suicide sleds
>>
File: Hg22Y7.png (64KB, 357x633px) Image search: [Google]
Hg22Y7.png
64KB, 357x633px
>>49701416
>>49701387
Pic related
>>
>>49701515
You got a case of severe fucktard there. Kick, ban and report to ISB.
Your game willb e better off without him
>>
>>49701515
Damn, i wonder who shoved a stick up his arse. Jsut tell it to him straight: If he can't accept that you, the GM, deviates from the written adventure or toss in extra content to make things more fun/interesting, paper and pen RPGs might not be his cup of tea.
He sounds like someone who got the impression that the game would be structured like a computer RPG or adventure game.
>>
>>49701433
I was mostly talking about the Y-Wings dying like little bitches to one twin-link each.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6em1j3nQcSk

Damn, it's confirmed Hobbie Klivian I think. Well I guess Hobbie K could have been Bigg's rebel connection who helped on the Ecliptic, playing Sabine's role.
>>
>>49701827
It makes a bit of sense, its hard to believe Biggs would have been recruited 2 years before A New Hope.
>>
>>49701862
Wait are they seriously only 2 years ahead now? I thought it was only 3 or 4.
>>
>>49701827
it's a little sad that my interest in rebels is directly proportional to the amount of focus on non-Rebels original characters.
>>
File: rogue squadron.jpg (1MB, 2556x1068px) Image search: [Google]
rogue squadron.jpg
1MB, 2556x1068px
>>49701942
At this point, I'm hoping Filoni completely discards Team Ghost and their squadron of flightless birds in favor of the Wedge-and-Hobbie show.
>>
>>49701515
Holy shit. What >>49701555 said.
>>
>>49701983
>dropping Rex
No.
>>
>>49699721
Where?
>>
File: MGS4-Snake-vs-Liquid.jpg (127KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
MGS4-Snake-vs-Liquid.jpg
127KB, 600x338px
>>49702157
Rex is long overdue for a final fistfight atop an AT-AT. And really, how much many years does the guy even have left?
>>
>>49701862
Especially since the Wook says that deleted scene in ANH is canon. Which means Biggs died on his first ever mission. He only joined the Rebellion, what, 2 days before the Death Star run?
>>
>>49702272
>how much many
I need to proofread this shit more.
>>
>>49702286

Well, I mean, there is that common fan retcon that the old guy Endor Commando is an ex-Clone Trooper. He has the beard for it.
>>
>>49702272
Well this season is gonna have Rex vs an army of Battle Droids.
>>
File: 01.jpg (191KB, 1249x702px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
191KB, 1249x702px
>>49701983
>decide to give this new star wars show a try and watch the latest episode
>show is set before BoY, A-Wings and Interceptors everywhere
I've never been so triggered.
>>
So where do we find the new episode?
>>
>>49702311
>Starting at S3
WHY

Also I love when EU-fags gets triggered by the A-Wings, and B-Wing. It's so delicious because it all boils down to "MY OLD EU DIDN'T DO IT THIS WAY!"
>>
>>49702294
I hadn't heard that one. I really hope that's rex.
>>
>>49702294
>common fan retcon
Who, Nik Sant? Isn't his actor entirely the wrong ethnicity to even be a Fett clone?
>>
>>49702272
Speaking of rex, what happened to Wolfe and the other clones?
>>
>>49702325
just wanted to see what people were talking about. And it's more that if these ships existed, why the flying fuck didn't we see them on the Empires super weapon in ANH? Or why did the rebels only send 2 types of ship when they clearly have some superior models?
>>
>>49702311
Reminder that Yavin was a single cell in a growing galaxy-wide rebellion and the Death Star's trip to Yavin was a surprise visit.

Also operation status for aircraft comes well before widespread deployment. You don't wait until 450 planes are banked up in storage hangars and then assign them all to units en mass.
>>
>>49702358
Because that's explained in Rebels.
>>
>>49702358
Different units have different equipment. They already explained why yavin has all those Y-wings
>>
>>49702325

>"MY OLD EU DIDN'T DO IT THIS WAY!"

Especially when that's wrong, the A-Wing appears in several pre-Endor and Yavin games, and is then retconned to the R-22 Spearhead. Which functions exactly like the A-Wing, but is not the A-Wing. Was it one of the X-Wing games where testbed interceptors were around the same time as the X-Wing fighter itself was developed like a year or two before Yavin?

Rebels at least is like "yeah, they're the same ship, the RotJ is a later retrofit, like Ys from TCW to ANH". And the B-Wing is a clearly flawed prototype ship that needs a few years of R&D.

But no, we just want all our ship designs to miraculously appear 19 years after the transition of power and be uniformly distributed everywhere, ship designers have just been twiddling their thumbs waiting for this exact moment.
>>
>>49702370
when/where/how.

>>49702361
nowhere in ANH does it even imply that.
>>
>>49701120
>they were literally just going to wait 8 hours and not do anything on the station and he outright said "this isnt in the book youre jus ttrying to get us killed"
Okay maximum charitable attitude. Have you done anything to justify that kind of attitude like killing off the entire player group recently?

Oh, >>49701515 wow, never mind.

Why do people like this even play pen and paper RPGs? Seriously it's not worth the time expenditure. If you're going to pre-read adventure modules like that, then you might as well read novels or play the same Star Wars video game over and over again.
>>
>>49702442
>when/where/how.
In the episodes, duh. The Rebels are multiple groups spread out throughout the galaxy. Because why the fuck would you have your entire fleet in one spot? Especially when the galaxy is a big place.

>nowhere in ANH does it even imply that.
What about RoTJ? Because it's hinted at all over that fucking movie. But lemme guess that doesn't count because it's not ANH, huh?
>>
>>49702442
>nowhere in ANH does it even imply that.

You mean aside from the point where they scramble everything they have because the death star is gonna be in range in 30 minutes? Hyperspace travel may go at the speed of plot, but unless the reinforcements from other cells was already on the way, it ain't getting there in time to help.
>>
File: B-wing attack.webm (1MB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
B-wing attack.webm
1MB, 500x312px
>>49702325

Funny thing is, the Rebels staff made the conscious decision to use the B-wing and A-wing over the X and Y because they had less screentime in the trilogy (barely even showing up in Endor scenes, especially the B) and wanted to give them more spotlight.

>>49702376

Hell the Y-wings they stole in the Season 3 opener were FOR General Dodonna's cell.

>>49702442

Endor was the first time the Rebel fleet was massed into a single unit.

And now for something that'll really trigger him.
>>
>>49702504
not that guy, but that is a little dumb.
The top part is the pilot section, there isn't a laser turret there.
Unless that version of the B wing has a very different design, it would look kinda weird in the show if they ever show a close up and you see there is no where for the top beam to have come out of.
>>
File: 1474280040245.jpg (17KB, 281x246px) Image search: [Google]
1474280040245.jpg
17KB, 281x246px
>>49702442
>Falcon escapes the Death Star
>"We need to get these plans to the Secret Rebel Base!"
>Falcon is tracked to Yavin, the literal reason why it was let out
>"After anaylizing the plans we found a flaw in it's construction"
>bloop
>"Oh, shit it's here and if we don't try to hit that weak spot right-the-fuck-now it's going to kill us all and any hope of sharing these plans goes down with us. Scramble whatever we have!"

I mean if you're gonna go by that logic, why was the Death Star only protected by ~10 tie fighters? Why wasn't the Imperial Fleet there to witness it's triumph and grantee that nothing could stop it? Did the Empire and Sheev himself intend to let a superweapon which took innumerable man-hours and investment to build just putz around on it's own looking for kicks?

I'll tell you what, because it was a B- scifi movie and they didn't have the budget for to make multiple copies of 8 different spacefighter models.
>>
File: 1475891429068.jpg (17KB, 253x165px) Image search: [Google]
1475891429068.jpg
17KB, 253x165px
What are the mistakes to avoid and things to focus on for a totally new player to EotE?
>>
>>49702625
The Navy didn't come because the DS can literally kill a fleet in detail.

Takin refuses to scramble all the TIEs he has. Vader only takes his personal squadron out. This is explicitly mentioned.
>>
File: Bwing_egvv.jpg (561KB, 1461x1815px) Image search: [Google]
Bwing_egvv.jpg
561KB, 1461x1815px
>>49702617
>The top part is the pilot section, there isn't a laser turret there.

The B-Wing has always had weapons (light autoblasters IIRC) in the cockpit area.
>>
>>49702355
Still on that sandworm planet, living in one of the AT-ATs.
>>
File: Bwing Rotj model.jpg (64KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bwing Rotj model.jpg
64KB, 600x400px
>>49702675

Filming model.
>>
>>49702648

Avoid space combat.
>>
>>49702699
Why tho
>>
>>49702675
>>49702687
huh, I know it best from the miniature game where those are too small to see, so I didn't think they were there.
Guess I was wrong.
>>
>>49702704
Starfighter combat, RAW, is horrendously lethal for PCs. Even more lethal than the films at times. Also, the relationship between starfighter cost and power level is extremely inconsistent (see Onslaught at Arda's TIE Hunter vs. the core books' TIE Defender). Starfighters need heavy houseruling to become viable.

Bigger starships are generally less problematic, but I'm sure other anons have experienced their own issues with those, too.
>>
>>49702699
Plenty of fixes for them
>>
>>49702740
>>
>>49702721

Its okay, the combination laser still looks pretty dumb
>>
>>49702648
spend as much starting xp as possible on improving your characteristics. If you have to choose between starting with good armor or a good gun, pick the armor.
>>
>>49702733
RAW space combat has a sweet spot based around a light freighter sized ship fighting other light freighter sized ships or starfighter mooks. Any scale above or below that is a fucking mess
>>
>>49702815
Above I understand, but making starfighters into jobbers is intolerable.
>>
>>49699216
That shaky cam for the bridge fight was wholly unnecessary, but it was a pretty solid fight.

Honestly tough, I really can't give a shit about either of these characters like I could for the twins in the previous trailer.

I've still actively avoided actually reading into the lore of TOR since the few parts I've found are absolutely abominable.
>>
>>49702908
I hear you on the giving a shit about the characters thing, the previous trailer definitely had the bonus of not having any prior exposure to the characters, while this time around we know the daughter is a lel murderbonersorandum.

I still like the sparring scene though, that is some vader level fuck your shit time to get crushed.
>>
>>49694269

Why reboot all of them? Why not take what is, give it to some good editors and make it make more sense to a general audience?

Isn't that what they did for IV-VI? (before Lucas and his editor divorced)
>>
Who do they actually contract to make the TOR trailers? Because the next Star Wars Anthology movie should totally be animated in that style.
>>
>>49702995
so the Phantom Edit?
Never actually found a copy of that, but it sounds good.
>>
>>49694106
ReviewAnon, do you have a copy of your reviews for the Jedi Prince series?

I was trying to tell a friend about them but couldn't find them in the most recent threads. I hope they're immortalized somewhere because I sure as fuck don't want to read those books again.
>>
File: sgt johnson remastered.png (161KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
sgt johnson remastered.png
161KB, 300x375px
>>49703047
I don't know about the latest ones, but the first few TOR trailers were done by Blur Studio.
>>
>>49703077
They did the Halo 2 cutscenes too? Goddamn they're good.
>>
>>49694241
Man, I wish I could, but here in LA, any sized tournament invites people who compete at World's. If you don't bring your A-game and best possible list, you might as well not show up.
>>
>>49694106
Sup /tg/, I need advice. I've manged to pull a win out of my ass in the last 2 X-wing store tournaments that I went to, with the same list.
I'm getting the feeling that for the next one, people are going to try to counter it. Normally, I bring

Omega Squadron Pilot (Weapons Guidance, Crack Shot)[20] x 5

I'm fearing that Fenn Rau and other anti-swarm solutions will be showing up. I am also guessing that Asajj will show up semi-frequently.

What do I do to change up my list? I'm debating adding Rexler Brath with either Juke or VI and mk2 engines (cutting 2 ties) but I'm not sure if he would be useful.
A phantom might also be nice, but I know that Dengaroo will be there to fuck Whisper up.

As for ship availibility, I have multiples of every Imperial ship, but nothing else. (Because I'm not Rebel Scum or Regular Scum) I have upgrade cards

What do you all think I should do?
>>
>>49703090
Definitely. Their website's Work page is fucking huge. Blur's portfolio reaches back to shit like the Simpsons movie, Bioshock 2, and Halo Wars.
>>
>>49701376
Dominion War Miranda vs Pheonix A-Wing, who dies first?
>>49702704
>Why tho
It's exactly lethal.
>>
>>49697125
Well, good on you for being prepared. You can probably reuse that stuff later.
>>
File: Kanos_VS_Jax.jpg (52KB, 525x338px) Image search: [Google]
Kanos_VS_Jax.jpg
52KB, 525x338px
I'm getting ready to paint my Royal Guard Champion figure for Imperial Assault. Should I paint him up as Carnor Jax or Kir Kanos?
>>
Cos Dashit
>>
>>49701376
I jokingly included an Awing test pilot in a list along with the Ghost and called him Phoenix Squadron.
He drifted into 2 Defenders' range and died turn 1.
>>
>>49699089
Hahahahahahaha.

Got any more stories?
>>
>>49699089
>>49699127
That's just a fucking jihad-jeep with less chance of actually blowing the jeep itself up since the explosives area mostly directed forward and the MRAP well armored.
>>
File: Royal Commandos.png (849KB, 746x904px) Image search: [Google]
Royal Commandos.png
849KB, 746x904px
In my Force and Destiny campaign, I had an organization called Royal Commandos, a corps of CIS veterans that were trained in anti-Jedi combat. After the Clone Wars ended, they became a police force that the Empire just sort of tolerated. The unit, while trying to serve the public good, held a deep grudge against Jedi and was thus a constant thorn in the players' side. They were pretty badass too: The party's Jedi Seeker tried to sneak-attack a crippled Voss with a lightsaber. Voss sliced right through his wound threshold while nursing a broken leg.

I made some proxy X-Wing cards for the two most prominent members. Their abilities are very much in line with what they displayed in the story including the EPT, but I feel like there should be a title card that reflects their talent for beating Jedi ass. Any suggestions for an anti-Jedi ability?
>>
>>49703228
Kir Kanos. Red was meant to be a main color, black was meant to be an accent.

Unless you want to do one in all black. That may be acceptable.
>>
>>49703465
Something like if a ship is within your primary firing arc at range 1-2 they can't gain focus tokens.
>>
>>49703465
Speaking of the Attack Shuttle, are they any good standalone builds for it? Or is it just not viable without the Ghost?
>>
>>49703128
Man Halo Wars had some kick-ass cutscenes.
>>
File: 1469075573500.jpg (30KB, 404x383px) Image search: [Google]
1469075573500.jpg
30KB, 404x383px
>>49703465
Ysalamiri carrier? (Jedi-piloted)Ships at range-1 must treat their pilot skill as 0.

"Know thy Enemy" - After a (Jedi)Ship at range 1-2 inside your firing arc performs an action, you may perform a free action.

"A great disturbance in the Force" - Once per round, choose an enemy ship inside your firing arc at range 1-2 , then choose a token assigned to that ship. That ship must discard that token.

>>49703553
The Attack Shuttle is absolutely worthwhile on it's own, but really only with Ezra or Sabne piloting IMO. Sabine is fun as hell especially with PTL, Ezra tanks like hell. With native 3-attack that little thing packs a wallop.
>>
>>49703465
>>49703521
Luke Skywalker, Ezra Bridger, and Keyan Farlander are all Force-users that rely on focus results, but not focus tokens. Maybe it should turn one focus result into a blank for an enemy in your arc and whose arc you are outside.
>>
>>49703638
I like this. Maybe something that does not allow a target ship to modify and/or re-roll results.
>>
so what would /tg/ do to fix the TIE-Punisher to make it viable but at the same time not overshadow the Tie Bomber?
>>
>>49703722
The punisher has the same problem as the E-wing in that any buff makes the named ones overpowered instead of balancing out the generics. The punisher work really well as a bomb layer (deathrain) or ordinance bus (redline). Generics are kinda meh.
>>
>>49703722
it needs to be able to actually maneuver, that's the problem with it.

It's insanely easy to arc dodge as it stands, and costs over 40 points decked out.
>>
>>49703780

So what would you think would fix the maneuver ability? A title or something that says "At the start of combat you may perform a free boost or barrel roll action"?
>>
>>49703776
I tend to run ine of these setups when i field a punisher. Yes it's expensive but it usually brings the pain to the table in a great way

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!144:43,126,-1,-1,-1,41,137:-1:17:;143:36,126,136,14,-1,-1,-1:-1:25:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
>>
>>49703722
Dumb Fire
System
TIE Punisher only

You may fire missiles or torpedoes without needing a target lock or focus. When instructed to discard a missile or torpedo upgrade, do not. You may not modify missile or torpedo attacks.

0 points

Not sold on the name or slot, but the general idea is Punishers can just missile/torp spam all over the table forever. No mods, but when you're dumb firing a 4 dice shot and it'll work eventually.
>>
>>49703819
that would fix it, assuming that you cut out the word "action".

It can't clear stress worth shit, so that would do nothing a good amount of the time. If it can always Boost/BR, it would be great.
>>
>>49703722
I don't think it needs "fixing". It is a big, lumbering ordinance truck in a game about starfighter dogfighting. It is 100% okay to bring to your local store no matter how much of a try hard you are. Stuff like this only matters at big tournaments where you're playing the most optimized squads used by the most practiced and competent players.

If anything, you should get a bonus to using the ordinance on Bomber-specialized ships, not changing the ships themselves. Guidance chips helped, but outside of the insane stack-up you get from a Jumpmaster, what other ships do you see slinging ordinance on a regular basis at the tournament circuit? As an aside, K-Wings with Homing Missiles keep popping up recently in the NA scene as a direct counter to Imperial aces.

I think what would make it competitively viable is making the ordinance shots from a Punisher much more devastating, maybe add a hit to the roll, or roll 2 extra dice.

>>49703884
I like this too. Something that lets them vomit forth ordinance in a never ending tide and put a clock on the enemy fighters. Maybe lose primary weapon in exchange.
>>
File: flippy4.jpg (67KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
flippy4.jpg
67KB, 640x360px
>>49698905
>the other half will have literally no sense of self-preservation and you'll have to substitute as one for them

>Letting Sgt Cranky drive my truck as I'm sleep deprived for about 30 odd hours
>Wake up to the gunner screaming and swearing
>Sgt Cranky has rammed a motorcyclist off the road and into a ditch.
>Panniers full of mortar shells, probably older than we are
>FUUUUUUUUCK!

Can't sleep... crazy NCO's will kill me
>>
Why no VCX-100?
>>
>>49703930

the thing about the big lumbering ordinance truck is that it isn't though. there is no practical reason to use it when the bomber exist for cheaper across the board, at higher ps lvl, with better abilities, with epts, and for less cost $$ wise. It has a system slot but doesn't have any good options that make it better than the bomber with an ept. They should have made it kinda like the k-wing by switching out a missile or a bomb slot for a crew slot that would have given it an edge and be worth its cost.
>>
>>49704036
>not black
>only one scope
>reasonably sized barrel
>no power pack jutting out at unreasonable angle
>not based of WW2 suplus
>logical & practical design

That may well be the worst blaster I've ever seen.
>>
>>49704509
Not to mention:

>Top rail.
>Adjustable stock
>No big ol' muzzle break/flash hider
>Plastic/tupperware exterior instead of wood/metal.
>>
>>49704801
Oh god. I just realized the true horror of this abomination.

>slugthrower
>>
>>49702442
>when
Over the course of Rebels they do a fairly good job of conveying how the situation differs from that depicted in the old EU

>where
Even before that, supplementary material for Star Wars post-Disney including official websites described it as well.

>how
Essentially, instead of being invented by the Rebels post-Yavin because they never thought to have an intereceptor, the A-Wing is instead a general purpose fighter produced by Kuat and is contemporary with (and possibly design competitors to) the tie fighter. By the time we see them in RotJ, they've had their weapons and shields downgraded to make them faster, and more directly competitive with tie interceptors.
>>
File: Target-Painter-Front-Face.jpg (11KB, 201x310px) Image search: [Google]
Target-Painter-Front-Face.jpg
11KB, 201x310px
>>49703722
>>49703776
I got ya senpai. This gives every other Punisher 'Redline-light' without directly benefiting Redline.
>>
>>49703047
Blur Studios did the newest ones, too.

And the first trailers were also really great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuNvCOUy1Ts
>>
Just ordered the Firespray and Tie Special Forces. What am I in for?
>>
>>49705239
disappointment
>>
>>49705262
Should I pull out now? What would you get instead?
>>
>>49704917
Well, it looks a bit like a stretched out H&K MP7 with a modern-ish assault rifle stock
>>
>>49705265
Tie/SF is good. Imperial Firespray is okay, it's fun as a big gunship but not particularly effective at really anything. Scum Firespray is a very different deal.
>>
>>49705239
>>49705262

I'm reminded of an exact conversation which was what, last thread? How people say the /SF is DOA but it's actually pretty useful when you put it on the table. Dial's different than how imp ships typically play, but it's got some moves.
>>
>>49705305
But you can fit three of the cunts in a list, which is hilarious.
>>
>>49705305
I cancelled the order. I'm relatively new at the game, and play very casually with my girlfriend and whoever I can get to play.

Thinking about starting Scum. After Most Wanted, what small ship would you suggest?
>>
>>49705239
Disappointment

Jokes aside, two decent ships that right now have found themselves in a very bad environment.

Empire Boba is just meh, Empire Kath with Tactician and some crit generation will be a pain in the ass for everyone she faces, Krassis Trelix does his job efficiently.

As for the Tie/sf, Backdraft literally shit crits, while Quickdraw is a fun gnarly asshole that's not as durable as he'd like to be
>>
>>49705265
I was mostly joking, but the firespray is kinda lackluster and the jury is still out on the SF. don't let any of that stop you if you like them though. The firespray does come with a bunch of useful upgrades and stuff that you won't regret having even if you don't like flying it.

>>49705310
>>
>>49705310
Yeah it's an imperial ship that doesn't get fucking bodied in one salvo when the defense roll fails, fancy that.

People who think the tie/SF is anything other than useful don't know what they're talking about or don't even play at all.
>>
>>49705320
>Small ship
Uh, either Mist Hunter for all the crew upgrades you'll ever need or protectorate starfighter for a fun fast interceptor.
>>
>>49705310
>>49705326
meant to also add that I feel the SF is a solution in search of a problem and I don't really see the point of it.
>>
>>49705324
I currently own:

>Core Set (TFA)

Rebels:
>T70 x3
>T65 x2
>Y-Wing x1
>B-Wing x2
>A-Wing x2
>Rebel Aces

Imperial
>Tie/LN x1
>Tie/FO x2
>Tie/INT x3
>Tie/ADV x1
>Tie/DEF x1
>Imperial Aces

I also have all the cards from the Phantom set but lost the model

What would you guys suggest?
>>
>>49705367
how about a ghost or decimator? might even want to consider the firespray for the upgrades alone.
>>
>>49705399

I like the Ghost. What's it like to fly? As you can see, I've never gotten to fly a large ship.

The Decimator kind of bores me, from a fantasy perspective. It's not what I think of when I think of playing Imperials.

Like I said, I was gonna order the Firespray, but I don't want it to be shit. It seems like I should consider starting Scum for Scumboba instead.
>>
>>49705367
If you feel the need for ludicrous speed and ordnance spam, Imperial Veterans is a damn good deal.

You don't have any big ships, if you'd like to try them then the Decimator and either the Falcon or the Outrider are all fun options and nice centerpieces.

Corran Horn in his E-Wing is always a wild ride, too.
>>
>>49700674
>>49700721
That fucking spinning. Did Vader make a flight school?
>>
>>49705417
Oh yeah, forgot about the Ghost. Real fun ship with a lot of build variety, a little bit awkward to move on the table as it's massive as fuck but otherwise a 100% approved buy.
>>
>>49697411
>No main character
Why is this a problem in any way whatsoever?
>>
>>49705417
>What's it like to fly?
like a rocket powered schoolbus, it's pretty sweet and the model is gorgeous.
>>
>>49705446
>>49705462
You guys are really making me consider ordering this second.

My only problem is that I prefer to play Imperials, and my Rebel forces already outnumber the Imps.

My girlfriend would be glad to see another ship, especially Ghost since she likes the idea of a big ship (mostly how easy it is to not die).
>>
>>49705477
imps a shit
>>
>>49705490
I know, I know.

I'm thinking of jumping ship for Scum. But I'll never play Rebels.
>>
>>49705477
>(mostly how easy it is to not die)
Oh, if only she knew.

For your imperials, I can't stress enough how good Imperial Veterans is. Maybe the inquisitor? It's like Fel, only a little more budgety and snipey.
>>
>>49705537
As someone who won a store champs with pre Mk II engine Defenders, I can't stress this enough. The Defender has always been a great, if underused, ship and Imp Vets has made it even better.
>>
>>49705440
It's. A. Good. Trick.
>>
File: legos.gif (989KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
legos.gif
989KB, 500x282px
>>49700721
>how many A-wings the Phoenix fleet has lost?

A: All of them!
Joining P-Squadron is some kind of punishment for Rebels that fucked up really bad somewhere, so they ship them over to fly A Wings really badly until they die- which may sound cruel but in combat they seem to last about 10 seconds in contact with the enemy so its pretty painless.
>>
>>49700878
george lucas wanted it to be 1 million originally
>>
Tonight I played my first game of FF's Star Wars RPG. Setting is 4 years BBY, the party is two former Imperials on the run (one disgraced ship captain, one force sensitive governor's daughter), their bodyguard droid, and my Rodian.

The session was pretty quiet, mostly wrapped up in getting exposition about a mysterious terrorist organization from some Imperial inspectors, and a visit to a pirate station to unload some contraband cargo for cash. Things got tense when some thugs on the station started eyeing our young sensitive for her potential slave market value, and during our egress we got a call from the ship saying some Trandoshans were taking up positions around the landing platform. We turned a corner, and there was two more Trandosians blocking the way. The Captain opened fire, and missed. The droid opened fire, and missed. I pulled my lightsaber, revealing myself to be an incognito Jedi, and decapitated both lizards with a single flourish just before they could sound the alarm. Then I quipped to the Captain about undue haste.

I think I'm going to like this game.
>>
>>49706145
I assume you started at knight level?
>>
>>49706162

Yes. The GM is the only one who's played it before and he stressed that Knight level was the ideal way to play and that lower levels suck.
>>
>>49706176

I strongly disagree with your GM, but as long as you guys are having fun it's fine.
It's the only way to straight up play as a real knight and not just a force scrub, too, so there's that.
>>
>>49706193

I think Jedi stuff was what he was specifically talking about, rather than the game as a whole. I didn't want to be a Force character at all, but the Governor's daughter's player was very set on playing an untrained force sensitive, and after a lengthy explanation from the GM about why the "Force scrub," classes suck, he decided the best bet was to play at Knight level and have one of us play a trained Jedi to narratively justify her eventual development into a normal Force class. I volunteered because I had a fun idea of a character concept and my only other idea was redundant in terms of what it would bring to the party.
>>
>>49706228
I can see his point then, those are some good reasons, "growing into" force powers at standard level can be a pain.
Props to you guys, those are some real nice party interactions you got there!
>>
>>49706239

As much of a beast as I felt like after my badass quick-draw double-decapitation-with-oneliner reveal scene, the real session MVP was the droid. His player knows the least about Star Wars lore out of the group, but he's a lawyer IRL so he decided that as a Police droid, he would be programmed with over six million forms of Imperial municipal regulations. The relish he took in describing to the Imperial inspectors our regulatory conformation to Imperial shipping code vis a vis the labeling of our cargo crates, how high the crates were stacked, the standard-issue tarp covering the crates, and the knots used to secure the standard issue tarp to the deckplates, all in complete deadpan, was truly magical. As was when he had to disable that protocol to keep from overloading his processor with safety and building code violations on the pirate station.

I feel very positive about the future of this adventure.
>>
>>49706296
The first AoR game I gmed had an all droid party. It was astonishingly dull.
>>
>>49706400

I feel like in Star Wars the Droids don't really work if they don't have Meatbags to play off of. The thing that's made them cool in any Star Wars media I've ever seen is how their personalities are always over the top, but never quite human. Always recognizable in how they simulate human, but never exactly "right."

R2 and BB being the exceptions that make the rule of course, but even then their being more "normal," only works because they're not humanoid and can't talk. Again, its the non-human part that makes them interesting.

But regardless of which way that equation goes, if you don't have a human (or alien or whatever) to contrast them to, it just doesn't work.
>>
File: obi-wan.jpg (30KB, 580x253px) Image search: [Google]
obi-wan.jpg
30KB, 580x253px
>>49706400
Yeah, problem I found with 'droid players' is they tend to be fairly lazy cunts that just end up running combat bots- rather than the far more interesting utility and other specialist droids that can have some semblance of personality and quirks to make them at least entertaining.
>>
>>49706560

Which is double funny because combat droids are among the quirkiest and funniest in all of Star Wars. From good old HK to that Patriot Bot from TOR's trooper campaign to the Droid armies in Clone Wars.

I think the only SERIOUS NO-NONSENSE WAR DROIDS in the entire canon are the Droidekkas, which are not funny intentionally to contrast them with the others and show how serious shit gets when they show up, and IG-88.
>>
>>49706603
It sucks, I'd at least like to see some gimpy battle droid that 'Just wants to sing' or other kind of comedy relief.
But there's been no relief of any kind to date, which is hugely disappointing
>>
File: BNDR-2000.jpg (112KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
BNDR-2000.jpg
112KB, 1200x675px
>>49706637
>I'd at least like to see some gimpy battle droid that 'Just wants to sing
Que?
>>
The Thread Continues...
>>49706920
>>
>>49702358

The first death star was a secret super-weapon, and they were somewhat discrete when making it. It was a lot easier to take a few hundred TIE/ln from wherever and stock it with them when they've got millions of the damn things, than skim some interceptors when there was likely a waiting list to get some. Plus it's a super weapon, it doesn't -need- defenses!
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.