[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you like your dwarves /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

I'm a big fan of the technologically advanced race that went extinct in its search for Knowledge/Wealth à la elder scrolls

Also heavy Germanic influence is key.
>>
>>49692389
Or they dug too deep.
I like them Hollywood hillbilly style
>>
>>49692409
I still don't understand this. What exactly is "digging to deep"?
>>
>>49692433
Digging too Deep is the act of digging and unearthing some sort of horror. You never know what might lie beneath the earth.
>>
>>49692433
You know Lord of the Rings? And how the dwarves in Moria, due to their greed and OCD, dug too deep, and awakened a bunch of goblins and the friggin Balrog? That's digging too deep
>>
>>49692389
I like them to be reclusive and mysterious workers of metal. They make great artifacts for heroes, but only accept trade not coin. It might be a deed, or an item of renown or great personal value. For truly expensive things, they might request a heroes voice, or the last ten years of his life, or the first with none remembering where he came from or who his people were - including the hero. In exchange they might forge a sword that always strikes true and will never chip or bend break except at the first word the hero utters at which point it will shatter. Or armour that will guard against all blows no matter how strongly struck or cunningly aimed. Or even armour that will sustain him alone in itself, against hunger or thirst or even death and carry him through mortal wounding to the completion of his goal, though he may himself remember not who he is or why he began his quest or what purpose lay behind it.

There is always a cost for power, and the coin of men are dull indeed. Beware trying to insist on paying with it, for if you do manage to badger them into accepting it you might end up with a sword that strikes the holder with misfortune and debt with every blow given to the foe. Or a cuirass of coin, glorious and beautiful but one that drives companions and followers to betrayal so that they might steal it away.

They never bargain gladly, but a clever deal that offers them something they value more than what they first asked of is always repaid with their best efforts. A poor offer is risky though tonoffend and have them turn away the Hero, so be confident in what you propose.

I mostly use them to give side quests or rewards, or give the players the chance to exchange or upgrade loot.

Actually a player did get away with trading coin once, but it also came with a vow of poverty after he chose to gamble on "betraying" the party and committed several high profile acts to get the BBEGS trust and lost everything.
>>
File: Old Man Willakers.jpg (9KB, 236x162px) Image search: [Google]
Old Man Willakers.jpg
9KB, 236x162px
>>49692389
Little bit dwemmer, little bit Old Man Willakers. Just as long as they don't get too Tolkieny, I pretty much always like them.
>>
>>49692472
>You never know what might lie beneath the earth.
Rocks. Then, eventually, lava.
>>
>>49692640
Ya never heard of the Underdark, eh?
>>
>>49692518
So Ursula from the little mermaid with a beard?
>>
>>49692916
I had to look for that after thinking about it. This popped up. Supposedly a gender swap too, but look at those man tittys.
>>
>>49692663
Is that near Scarytown?
>>
>>49692389
I like them dead. So this terrible archetype can finally die.

That or like classic norse dwarves. Those misfit fuckers that will create armor and weapons for a price that will ruin you in the future.
>>
>>49692640
Then eventually FUN
>>
>>49693434
seconded
>>
File: Dwarf Rogue.jpg (70KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Rogue.jpg
70KB, 600x776px
>>49692433
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49320608/
>>
File: lelfpinion.png (531KB, 441x705px) Image search: [Google]
lelfpinion.png
531KB, 441x705px
>>49692389
>How do you like your dwarves

Dead
>>
>>49692389
Short

>inb4 TES bestdwarves
>>
More like Roman engineers than angry warlike Scotsmen. They prefer crafting and building over war, and an army of dwarfs will try to win through feats of engineering rather than just throwing bodies at walls. Rivers will be diverted to sweep aside farmnds, walled cities will have an even better wall build around them during a seige and garrisoned by dwarfs, and inaccessible mountsin fortresses will have earthen Ramps built to reach them. They stick to traditional methods not out of sheer stupidity and stubbornness, but because tried and true methods are taught to all dwaefs and it's much easier to get things done faster when everyone is on the same page
>>
>>49694286
Huge! In my current homebrew, the "dwarves" are actually taller and broader than most humans, but retain the usual dwarvish features.
>>
pissbabies
>>
>>49692433
&&&&&
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.