[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Myfarog any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: myfarog.jpg (50KB, 382x524px) Image search: [Google]
myfarog.jpg
50KB, 382x524px
Is Myfarog any good?
>>
>>49682955
Myfarog is pretty nice.
But unless I see it, I can't really judge Yourfarog.
>>
>>49682955
>>
>>49682975
Underrated post.

But in all seriousness, it's a pretty janky system even if you look past all the racist/sexist shit.
>>
File: pol in pol.jpg (327KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
pol in pol.jpg
327KB, 900x900px
>>49682955
Fuck off and come back with some new bait
>>
File: 1445911919026.jpg (41KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
1445911919026.jpg
41KB, 620x372px
>>49682955
There are no PDF's of it, specifically because the author doesn't want people to pirate it.

The standard responses are:

No, it's gross, it's racist, so it's automatically bad!

Even aside from it's disagreeable politics it's not impressive.

I'm neutral/agree with Varg's weltanschauung but I don't think the game is very good.

Varg did nothing wrong, stab every commie, what was the question? What are traditional games?

And lastly, there are the rare people who seem to agree with Varg politically and also enjoy the game.

>>49683066
>thinking it can be contained

>mfw
>>
It leans towards a more old school style of game. I like it personally, and if you want to play as historically inspired vikings with noble titles and such then it is worth your time. The newest edition has really inproved it a lot. The game is only $10 last time I checked.
>>
File: Wotan.jpg (1MB, 3181x4608px) Image search: [Google]
Wotan.jpg
1MB, 3181x4608px
My party mainly plays myfarog, it has a tough learning curve (specially if you have no experience with old school rpgs) but once you actually get acustomed to the system and if you are capable of looking beyond the "xd racism" meme it is insanely fun.
It is also only reaches its full potential when the DM and the players actually understanding the setting (it really helps having actual knowledge about the bronze age). The game also is very dependant on taking it witha serious tone so it is not a good system to fool around.
Overall I would say that if you want a game in which you can get this epic, dark and serious stories a la Beowulf then it is the game for you.
If you want something goofy or less serious stick to D&D or any generic fantasy setting
>>
File: IMG_1510-e1438465092967.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1510-e1438465092967.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>49683395
>Even aside from it's disagreeable politics it's not impressive.

"Not impressive" is generous.
>>
File: 1455173623629.png (294KB, 511x296px) Image search: [Google]
1455173623629.png
294KB, 511x296px
>>49683664

>two dozen individual modifiers for swimming
>>
>>49683664
>
Most of those images are from 1st edition which was an absolute bloated total mess.
Current edition is 2.6 and it is much more streamlined.
Also in new editions, most of the "racist" stuff has been cut or really toned down
>>
>>49683732
Never even heard of this game, what's some of the worst of it?
>>
>>49683792
It is a game created by Varg Vikernes the black metal musican from the band "Burzum".
The game recived a lot of flak because most people disagree on Vargs political views and because 1st edition was plain bad and half assed.
However you like his political views or not, Varg has really worked on the game and currently it is really good altough has a high learning curve. Your characters can become extremely powerful and acomplish really heroic deeds but can also die as easy. It still has a lot of tables (they are not that bad now) but once you memorize them it just becomes second nature and the game has a really nice flow.
Varg has also toned down the political side of the game to a point is easily ignored.
I personally have a lot of fun with the system
>>
>>49683964
Just because it's now a bland mediocre retroclone instead of a clunky, offensive mediocre retroclone doesn't make it worth playing. Just admit you're a /pol/lack who only likes it because his rightfu made it. I'll judge you a lot less than if you play dumb.
>>
>>49683964
Varg, shut up already.
>>
I cant really picture how a mythic roleplaying game can be particulalry racist/sexist or /pol/, can someone elaborate?
>>
>>49684394
>hey guys, my thread is dead again, let's try to keep it bumped
>>
>>49684234
It's not a retroclone though. Ruleswise it isn't derived from Basic or AD&D. Can you level an actual specific criticism of the mechanics as it currently stands?
>>
>>49684394
It's focused mainly on a Norse-inspired society, so ethnically there isn't a lot of variety. That said there is nothing that stops you from playing a shield maiden, and I assume that most accusations are just from people who haven't played the game.
>>
>>49686089
How is high lethality and tables piled on more tables not retro?

And why would I bother giving specific criticisms? You're just going to respond with a blanket denial. You're not interested in honest discussion, just shilling for a forgettable system that people only care about because it was made by a Z-list celebrity who happens to share your political views

Now let's sit back and watch as the /pol/lack desperately tries to pretend he's not a /pol/lack and that this turd has some genuine merit to it
>>
>>49686185
Retroclone on a technical level means a derivative of a pre-TSR version of D&D. There are certainly some similar ideas IE the general structure of a game of MyFAROG isn't going to be unlike D&D (As opposed to an RPG that structures itself differently like The Burning Wheel, IronClaw, GURPS, ect.) but the mechanics aren't an actual derivative. I would love to hear why you think the game is bad, but if your entire critique is just that you don't like Varg then I suppose that there isn't a point. Thanks for bumping the thread though.
>>
>>49682955
It's a decent way to get (you)s.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.