[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (90KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 500x397px
Hey guys, I'm a fairly new GM, running Dark Heresy for a group at school. I have a session in two hours. Can someone stat Cypher? Pretty please?
>>
>>49682717
GM Fiat +1

Make shit up. that's how good GM's do things.
>>
>>49682717
>Cypher in fucking Dark Heresy

His stats go like this: He hits you, you are dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 600x675px
>>49682737

Not even mad. Touché.
>>
>>49682762
I'm actually using him as a plot device, not an antag. Which I guess makes me some sort of double faggot.

In my defense, this is literally the first time I have ever run a game in my life.
>>
>>49682717
Daniel? That you?
>>
>>49682841
Nope, sorry.
>>
>>49682787
>first time
Okay, cutting you some slack here.

Seriously though, don't stat him. Don't have him fight anything the party can reach with ease or hardship. That's the best advice I can give you, best of luck.
>>
>>49682717

Make him a plot device.

He avoids all shots and cannot be hurt.

Whenever a player is about to hurt him, Cypher gets mad and fatally shoots that player (to wound, not to kill).

Make a player loose an arm due to a plasma shot or something similar.

Narrate it interestingly, as if Cypher is phasing or exremely fast (as he travels through time)

Cypher could work very well as a guide for the group towards something.
>>
>>49682717
Don't, go use one of the premade scenarios that you can go grab a torrent of from the 40k general. It's a great learning experience and there is no fucking way some mook inquisitorial agents should seem let alone know cypher
>>
>>49682717
If he's a plot point, then he doesn't need stats.
If he's a boss, then prepare to lose your entire playerbase. Seriously, 1 Space Marine will wreck an entire Dark Heresy team. 1 Space Marine who is also one of the most OP motherfuckers among even the Space Marines will paste the party in 1 turn.
>>
>>49682787
>using him as a plot device
You don't need stats, then.
>>
>>49682717
What would his stats be though? Just for fun.

I assume something like this for Black Crusade.

WS 55
BS 80+
S 45
T 45
AG 70+
INT 50
PER 65
WP 75
FEL 20
INF 100+

>Skills:
Acrobatics +30
Athletics +30
Awareness +20
Deceive +30
Dodge +30
Intimidate +20
Sleight of Hand +20
Stealth +30
Tech-Use +10
Tracking +20
+Shitload of Forbidden and Scholastic Lore +30

>Talents and Traits:
Every Shooting Talent + too much to write or remember

Also extra special snowflake rules

>Weapons:
Relic Bolt Pistol
Quality Relic Plasma Pistol
>>
>>49684201
This.

Here's a Space Marine versus a Dark Heresy PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBxepOWO4aA
>>
>>49684117
>Narrate it interestingly
>Cypher could work very well as a guide for the group towards something.

Take solid note of these, anon. From the perspective of your PCs, Cypher is effectively a god; he is impossibly huge, impossibly fast, impossibly strong, and has millenia of experience at... well, EVERYTHING. And that's without the various bullshit he's festooned with.

Thing is, in most settings this is an incredibly bad idea, because it makes it look as though you just have a pet NPC and you're using it to railroad your players in the direction you want. Cypher, though? If your players have enough knowledge of the 40k universe then they know a) he's not just some ass-pul and b) he's waaaaay more than they can handle. But even if they don't know who he is, they know what a Space Marine is. Play it up. Make it increasingly obvious how heinously imbalanced this encounter is.

Then let them report seeing Cypher and have the Inquisition come down on them like a ton of bricks because either they're bullshitting and need setting straight, or... they just had contact with Cypher, so they better explain quickly why they ain't seeing the bad end of a flamer RIGHT NOW.
>>
File: 1459795635423.png (18KB, 573x468px) Image search: [Google]
1459795635423.png
18KB, 573x468px
>>49688805
in addition to the inquisition, the inner circle of the DA should definitely get involved if they report the sighting
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.