[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things that piss you off in gaming.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 62

File: rage face.jpg (11KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
rage face.jpg
11KB, 212x238px
>Playing chess online.
>Get in an overwhelmingly good position.
>I'm talking up a knight and a bishop for no compensation, just a foregone conclusion until I queen some pawns because I can't be assed to do the K+N+B mate
>Opponent starts offering draw
>Every
>Single
>Turn.

Who the hell does that? Does someone like that really think the other guy is too stupid to notice he's got the huge advantage?
>>
File: 1422064716355.jpg (59KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
1422064716355.jpg
59KB, 453x439px
>>49681315
>GM: "Okay gang I'm gonna run D&D 3.5, using Books A, B, C, D, and E."
>A Bad Player: "My character is This Race from Book F, is multiclassed between three classes from Books G, H, and I, uses a prestige class from Book J, has spells from Books F to Q, and has feats from Books F to Y."
>GM: "You can't because 1) none of those things exist in this setting, and 2) they're in books I just said we aren't using."
>A Bad Player: "I don't understand."

And that's the story of why I stopped playing 3.5/PF.
>>
File: 1475330024067.jpg (679KB, 871x1233px) Image search: [Google]
1475330024067.jpg
679KB, 871x1233px
>>49681547
Same boat for me. I switched to GURPS and it's been fine for 10 years now.

You get the occasional blip like that too, but it's a bit easier to deal with. Often due to using the default 'lite' rules by accident in the Chargen software, resulting super cheap armor suits of leather that somehow cover the eyes...
>>
File: 1447566401288.gif (432KB, 348x512px) Image search: [Google]
1447566401288.gif
432KB, 348x512px
>>49681315
>chess tournament
>opponent moves one of his knights
>i take his queen with one a rook
>'oh didn't see that'
>HE REDOES HIS GODDAMN TURN
>he didn't even move the fucking knight back to its orignial position
>>
>>49681591

Did you have a move sheet at least? I would immediately call a TD over shit like that.
>>
File: eugh.jpg (77KB, 544x527px) Image search: [Google]
eugh.jpg
77KB, 544x527px
I posted this in the last thread but it still makes me itch in my soul
>GM: "You take..." (rolling dice) "17 damage."
>Player: "IT'S HOPELESS, WE CAN'T WIN, MIGHT AS WELL RIP UP MY SHEET, YOU'RE A BAD GM, THIS ENEMY'S WAY TOO STRONG FOR OUR LEVEL"
>>
>>49681835
> players lose fight, get captured
> without gear, escape sequence and fights
> harder because one player is missing
> player comes back next session
>"sorry I thought the game was over"
> "no gear? Are you punishing me for missing the last session?!"

> [trying to throttle the little shit through computer]
>>
File: 1444965046628.jpg (20KB, 384x511px) Image search: [Google]
1444965046628.jpg
20KB, 384x511px
>>49681976
>GM: "I made a mistake while designing that homebrew magic item, I need to change its stats and tone it down so it doesn't unbalance the game. I'm reducing its charges to threeper day, it only does this much damage instead of that much damage, and it works off the user's casting stat instead of its own number."
>Player: (childlike tantrum, as if he was an infant and I was taking away a toy)

I ended up having an enemy outright smash it a session later just to spite that motherfucker.
>>
>>49682260

I once encountered something like that, but it was doubly bad, as we were playing a short little dungeon romp to help a friend playtest his homebrew system. I'm not sure where these people come from.
>>
>>49682408
>I'm not sure where these people come from.
How are people like this even made? How does a person get so bad? It's a grown-ass man, throwing an infantile fucking tantrum over losing a pretend toy in a game of pretend. In my case, not even losing a toy, just getting a slightly worse one. What kind of upbringing do these people have? Did their parents never say no to them? Christ, I bet if I studied this I could write a university psych thesis on these awful people.
>>
>>49681976
>Are you punishing me
What a little shit
>>
File: asura's mad.jpg (154KB, 500x803px) Image search: [Google]
asura's mad.jpg
154KB, 500x803px
>>49681315
>GM: "Hey guys, I'm planning on running a game at 4 pm on Saturdays. Are you all interested?"
>"Yes, GM!"

Two days before the game
>Asshole: "GM, we must reschedule. I'd be more comfortable if we started at 7 pm on Thursdays."
>GM: "Oh. Did something happen?"
>Asshole: "Yeah, I forgot I'm working during these hours."

One painful reschedule and a week later
>Asshole no shows the game
>He forgot we were playing

I hate the entire human race. Exept from you Alex, you cool.
>>
File: 1289751860870.png (48KB, 251x240px) Image search: [Google]
1289751860870.png
48KB, 251x240px
>>49682679
>Are you punishing me
I wasn't before, but now I kind of want to.
>>
>>49682689
>forgot he's working during these hours
>forgot you were playing
Aren't there pills he can take to fix this?
>>
>>49682707
It's alzheimer's
>>
>>49682707
Well, seeing as he wasn't forgetting because of bad memory, but because he's an ass that joins a gazillion games and then drops almost all of them... yes. Yes there are pills that can fix it.

Cyanide pills.
>>
>>49681315

I hate the immaturity of many in the community.

I had a player throw a fit because he got downed last game. The party rogue charged into dangerous murky waters to save him then the next fight he told the rogue to save himself when the exact same situation occurred because "the rogue let him get downed in the first place".

This happened out of character. His PC is neutral, not evil. The player wasn't kidding.
>>
>>49682745
Well to be fair, the rogue is obviously the defender/healer role whose job it is to take care of you even when you're dumb.
>>
>>49682745
I've noticed "complaining about immature players" is kind of a running theme in threads like these. Reading this shit makes me all the more thankful for finding a good group, even if getting six adults together in the same place at the same time is about as easy as catching smoke.
>>
File: index.jpg (3KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
3KB, 188x188px
The war gamers in my area are either lazy bastards or will sabotage your games simply because it's not a game they want to play but you've got two forces play with and you're trying to drum up players for it.

no wonder the local gaming club bled players with that shit going on.

one of the worst offenders of this has now tried to start a new cub in "coffee shop" had one decent night but went down hill after that it's barely a mtg and infinity circle jerk.
>>
>tfw when I've been that player
>many times, missed sessions without prior notice, for no other reason than I was with family and didn't notice the time
>tfw it will probably happen again come August
A-at least this time I'm with a group that has a lower average attendance so it's not as bad, right?
>>
>>49682765
I agree wholeheartedly. Why play rogue if you're not going to be a healslut.

>>49682767
I envy you. Our group isn't really THAT bad. We just have a weird group dynamic.
>>
>>49681315
People. On. Their. Goddamn. Phones.

Seriously, do you even want to fucking be here? I'm telling a story here and suddenly you're up to bat and you look up to me and have the gall to ask me "Oh, what's happening?"

Seriously, fuck that. I'm setting up a no electronics rule and if they whine about it they can game elsewhere.
>>
File: 1389863614620.jpg (21KB, 436x413px) Image search: [Google]
1389863614620.jpg
21KB, 436x413px
>>49682822
>>
>>49682847
I'm sorry
>>
>>49682822
No. If you can't make it in time, notify them. If you can't make it at all, notify them. Nobody is going to shit on you because you went to see your mum on 1 month of the 1 year where you can.
>>
File: i'm gonna kill you.png (258KB, 592x448px) Image search: [Google]
i'm gonna kill you.png
258KB, 592x448px
>>49682855
>>
File: 1472258695425.jpg (33KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1472258695425.jpg
33KB, 300x100px
>playing magic online
>fun deck I've built in cardboard transferred online
>every single chucklefuck is using some netdecked $5k monstrosity that wins on t2, even in the casual sections
>every time I win against one of these cockknockers, they pull some chaos bullshit and ruin the game for everyone
>go play with my deck IRL at my flgs because I want to playtest things
>these exact same players are here, but instead of having a hilariously expensive deck, they have the same deck with proxies
>"Yo dude, why don't you just, like proxy? I don't understand why anyone would pay more than $5 for a single."
>beat them because I've already practiced against these assholes online
>"LOL quit being a tryhard, why do you come to a gamestore just to shit on people? Like we will ever play with you again."
>or worse, someone with a fullset of chinaman fakes double sleeved who tells everyone about them
FUCK YOU I JUST WANT TO PLAY EDH WITH REAL PEOPLE WHO PAID MONEY FOR THEIR CARDS. I understand that you play standard, and you have no idea how to build a deck so you just netdeck and buy a list, but come on man, I spent months building my decks for fun.
>>
>>49682861
I should be able to make it, though. Sometimes we were only just hanging around the living room and doing nothing at all that's time-sensitive. At least it'll be better this time since we've got Discord so I can get a phone reminder.
>>
>>49682707
Cyanide is only over the counter for spies.
>>
>>49681315
>Fight against multiple or a way stronger enemy
>Am about to loose the fight
>Ask other player to help me
>Guy waits because "he has to buff himself first" or some shit.
>>
File: Playing_With_Baby.png (218KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
Playing_With_Baby.png
218KB, 500x747px
>>49682745
>I had a player throw a fit because he got downed

Some players just act like babies the moment something doesn't go their way.
>>
>>49682689
Thanks mate.
>>
>>49681547
Because you can't deal with bad players? Better quit TRPGS altogether.
>>
>Oh, you must be the new guy come. The gaming room is this way.
Go down to actual basement. Okay, this is exciting, I think.
>Door open, cross threshold, immediately it smells like I buried my face under a pile of sweaty testicles.
>Stench so pungent, even my hoodie smells like balls after I left. I smell like balls all the way home.

Why.
>>
>>49681315
>Player made his character to look suspisious for the rest of the party by his actions (started a needless fight by dealing a first shot, than ran away).
>Was asked to put away his weapons and explain why he did it
>Player did it because he don't know what else he can do.
>Character commited suicide instead of trying to explain.

I don't know why this pisses me soo much.
>>
>using 5e for a custom setting
>ads all state custom setting
>still get that autist who walks in and expects whole setting in eberron
>lose him and the 2 people he brought
FUCK
>>
>>49684124

It pisses you off because:

1) The man was so unimaginative that he didn't know anything else than violence.
2) He refused to think about other options than violence.
3) In-game, a man commited suicide over being asked a question, implying that there was a madman that was probably never inconviniensed or questioned on his actions for years and when that happened he lost his marbles.

And the above is shit.
>>
>>49682845
I'm a player who's always on his phone. Why? Because my GM constantly splits the party and focuses on each player for half an hour before moving on to the next one. Fuck you if you expect me to pay attention to shit where my character isn't even present.
>>
>>49682896
>EARN YOUR FUN!!!!!!
Why would I ever play a game that costs me $5,000 when I can play one that costs me less than $20, including deck protectors and printer ink?
>>
>>49684315
Because you can just spend $20 on magic cards, build whatever deck you can afford, and have fun with your friends. The format doesn't need to be sol ring into mana vault into mana crypt nonsense, it can be, but it doesn't need to be. I just want to have fun with people who put time and effort into their decks.
>>
>>49682767
>finding a good group
I had to make my own. Started DMing when I knew over a dozen people I thought were cool. Weeded out the assholes over a few years. Now I've got a solid group of six people. Though scheduling conflicts mean I can only run a game for four of them at a time.
>>
>>49684340
Ok, but why does time and effort have to mean money? Your complaint and your goals have nothing to do with each other.
>>
File: 1461017910624.jpg (67KB, 596x567px) Image search: [Google]
1461017910624.jpg
67KB, 596x567px
>>49681315
Living the military life

>Can't play, got duty
>Can't play, going on leave
>Can't play, getting transferred
>Can't play, getting out
>Can't play, not enough people playing
>Can't play, I'm too fucking tired
>>
File: 1475018800862.png (505KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
1475018800862.png
505KB, 504x470px
>spend a bunch of time working on character
>satsified with the character I have made and really excited to start playing
>get into a difficult combat encounter
>party fucking sucks balls
>rogue player fucks off because ''lol gotta stay alive to make money and being ultra uber assassin man and free the slaves and become robin hood lol''
>wizard prepared only evocation spells, no defensive or party protection spells because damage is fun
>cleric tries to heal everyone
>I do my best to do what I can as my role
>party wipes except for wizard and rogue because they fucked off
>have to roll a new character
>tell gm this is bullshit
>he says blame your team not me

ARRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>49684340
The problem you have there is that if you have a bunch of people in your playgroup, some of which make mad dosh, and others who are broke-ass students, so the people put "time and effort" into their decks have a whole buncha highly competitive decks, which the broke-ass students can have difficulty competing against.

Nobody runs proxies in my group, so you're pretty limited against people who are gonna spend a lot of money.
>>
File: 1471579459395.jpg (254KB, 676x641px) Image search: [Google]
1471579459395.jpg
254KB, 676x641px
>Player is on his phone if it's not his turn
>Can't kick him out because I'm getting paid to DM
>>
>>49684634
>I'm getting paid to DM
Grats, you're getting paid to tolerate annoying behavior.
>>
File: 12874375350247.png (416KB, 636x579px) Image search: [Google]
12874375350247.png
416KB, 636x579px
>>49684634
>getting paid to DM
>>
>>49683938
3.5PF Facilitates autism of the highest caliber.
>>
>>49684634
>getting paid to DM

Is this a new meme?
>>
>>49684698
>meme
Well, it certainly is the newest form or dumb shit that people do.
>>
>>49681835
Honestly I don't mind players bitching about taking damage but the bad GM part is what triggers me
>>
>>49684698
It's through a store and the store owner believes that if you're paying to play, you're going to be less of a shitter for it

He is completely wrong. You get entitled shitters
>>
>>49682260
Had a story similar to this;

>DM is running a "East meets West" style game and encourages very routed weeaboo or westaboo classes, preferably martial
>Allows the book of weeaboo magic for the East and spellswords/paladins for the West for some magical substance
>I make an honoroabru monk/swordsage thing (I'm not even a weeb, I just like kungfu shit)
>Bro and usually good player runs a paladin, so we can have mild and amusing "moral conflicts"
>Rest of party is Knight, Barbarian, and some sort of samurai variant thing
>Our usual That Guy demands to play a Sorcerer
>A Chaotic Neutral sorcerer
>DM caves in and lets him do it
>Two sessions in and the sorcerer is throwing his weight around, holding over our head he's got us beat in the power department Yes, we tried talking like adults OOC; fuck you /tg/ chaotic neutral apologists
>Paladin bro starts to turn to the That side and tries to get me to kill him, as I'm probably the only player there who minmaxed enough to maybe kill the sorcerer
>I refuse, as though he pisses me off, it's not ruining the story... yet
>And it's fucking "DISHONORABRU!"
>Paladin bro goes full That Guy and bitches to the DM paladins aren't strong enough to kill sorcerers and he needs a buff
>DM agrees to an extent, as he's actually afraid of That Sorerer Guy trying to kill him (though why he didn't boot a player like that is beyond me)
>Homebrews him a "defensive" Paladin who could shrug off some magic damage and does a bit more
>I'm not a fan, but I rationalize it's a deterrent and the paladin was kind of weak anyway
>Next session starts, and immediately the paladin provokes the sorcerer to try and justify self defense, then attacks first anyway
>Sorcerer kills him with ease
>Now full That Guy paladin bro throws a fit
>Apparently it's my fault for not killing the sorcerer, and the DM for making the homebrew too weak
>Storms out, and the game ends there

I don't know who was more in the wrong that game, but fuck
>>
>GM ignores the manual and decides to impose "realistic" strengths and weaknesses based on character gender

I don't even bother debating it anymore. I just get up and walk away.
>>
>>49684863
Shit that never happened for $400, Alex.
>>
>>49684950

Literally twice in person. Both were D&D, 2E and 3.5 respectively. I can't even count the number of times it's come up in online campaigns. Although some of those instances were only proposed by the GM, and quickly shot down by the rest of the group.
>>
>>49684115
Because it pleases grandpa nurgle.
>>
>>49684634
>DM for a group of 8. 1 asshole turns up with 2 PSPs, plays them at max volume when its not his turn.
>His turn comes around, suddenly looks interested. "Ok what are we doing"
>The party finished this dungeon 2 hours ago but you haven't been paying attention so your character is still there, roll to not die of exposure.
>>
>>49687168
> group of 8
I sympathize with him, you mad man.
>>
>>49687168

As someone who has run and played in a large group, what the fuck are you doing?

I don't blame the dude for bringing a PSP, he's most likely left in the lurch when it isn't his turn so he doesn't even bother trying to get a word in edgewise.
>>
>>49687413
It was his first session and he brought 2 PSPs not for sharing, he played them both.
>>
>>49687465

He probably though "it's 8 people, he won't even notice I'm there."

It's the same reason why people pay for classes but still take out laptops and smartphones to goof off during class.
>>
>>49684115
Are you sure you went to a game instead of an orgy?
>>
>"I invited ten people because I knew some of them would flake or drop out."
>all of them show up
>for every session
>for two months straight
>>
>>49684610

Well, your GM isn't wrong.
>>
>>49681315
>Old friend I'm starting to reconnect with likes RPGs and Wargames.
>Introduce her to Warmachine and invite her to hang with my brother and I for DnD nights
>Roll characters, chill, hang out.
>First session comes up and hwr Boyfriend tags along, no heads up, no anything,
>Asks if he can play with us, not knowing that main a character for an inexperienced player takes an hour or two, at best.
>Say we can't hold any more players, at 6 already, he just kinda sits there all night and awkwardly watches.

Shit was fucked man. The dude thinks his girlfriend is cheating on him with me, and wants to suddenly be everywhere with her when she hangs with me. It's really fucking annoying, and he doesn't even really have an interest in tabletop games anyway.
>>
>>49688624
This happened to me. I learned workarounds and shit. I actually kind of prefer it.
>>
>>49684281
Nice adhd, players like you don't appreciate the shear mass of book-keeping and lore crafting a quality GM has to go through to make a good game atmosphere and world to play in. Fuck YOU for not even having:
A) the common decency
and/or
B) the cognitive power with which to fuel an attention span greater than that of a stoned koala.

"Oh, shit's not about me right now? Durr better look up lolrandom memes and stroke my ego on facebook while you try and entertain me with your hours of behind the scenes labour"

Entitled playerfaggot detected.
>>
>>49689590
Bait?
>>
>>49689724
No, I'm very cereal.
>>
>>49681591
>Being so fucking beta you don't call him out and immediately tell a Judge
wew lad, grow some balls
>>
>>49681315
>Things that piss you off

The vehement "No Furries allowed" people.
Never encountered an actual magical realm furshitter
Yet we've got a couple anti-Furries who will lose their shit and derail at fucking anything they can draw a connection to

Trigger-Tards aren't uncommon but holy shit guys there's a fuckton of overlap in fantasy, get over it

We can toss around /pol/ content more readily than the GM can use so much as a gnoll
>>
>>49681315
Probably been fewer turns if you'd used KNB properly instead of wasting time promoting a pawn.
>>
>>49682822
Nah man. Set an alarm if you have to. I don't know about anyone else, but I won't mind if you miss a session or you're late, just as long as you say something so we know.
>>
>>49684950
Still don't know why people think this is original or funny. Its basically a different form of FAKE AND GAYYYY
>>
>>49689724
What makes you think its bait? Aside from obviously inflammatory end there hes got it spot on. If the game isnt good talk to your GM but ffs you are a part of creating a scene just like the GM, live up to the expectation
>>
>>49684124
Looks like you've got a player who maybe doesn't know how to play.

It's possible that anger isn't the best solution. If you're honest and patient and listen, you could probably help him understand how to play these types of games.

Or not. You know, whatever the fuck you want is whatever. I'm not your mom.
>>
>my character goes of on their own once in town, saying he'll meet up with the rest of the party at an agreed upon time
>they all just follow me around on my errands instead of doing their own things
>we all go to the meet up spot and THEN they go to buy shit from shops
Fuck, my cleric has church shit to do. Mr. Fighter, Rogue, and Sorcerer don't need to be following on my heels the whole time.
>>
>>49689590
I think in anon's case, his phone usage is less a symptom of ADHD and more one of a bad dm. It's not the players' obligation to sit around intently focused on some pompous dm's masturbation.
>>
Carebear GM's who are overprotective of the party and will fudge rolls to prevent players from dying.
>>
>>49690955
Seriously this. I mean, wereshit is fucking cool right? I mean, that's what I thought ever since I was a kid, and I've never identified as a furry. I even find myself recently unwilling to play Kajjit in TES, even though I've always loved them.

Basically it sucks that other peoples' hate has poisoned my love for things. Because I don't like those extreme weirdos either, but I don't want it infecting the joy I get from fantasy.
>>
>>49682727
Alzheimer's?

That's the bad memory disease; why'd you mention that?
>>
>>49691492
A thousand times this.
>>
File: sergey-tsimmer-werewolf[1].jpg (268KB, 1306x1750px) Image search: [Google]
sergey-tsimmer-werewolf[1].jpg
268KB, 1306x1750px
>>49691493

Honestly i think the term "Furry" mostly applies to the cartoon animals or people wearing those ridiculous Fur suits.

Personally I dare you to call this guy Furry to his face XD
>>
>>49688679
What a puss. If you're not fucking her already, you ought to now.
>>
Never bang a woman you meet in a RPG they ALWAYS turn out to be a succubus
>>
>>49691645
>XD
Hello, new friend. You may want to stop that.
>>
>>49691645
No. Furry applies to anthropomorphic characters people masturbate to, either visually or in the.s of concept. I can see someone fapping to that, therefore it's furry.
>>
So as long as you try to keep it ugly and stay away from big tits your good to go XD
>>
>>49691771

>le elves should be big titty sex symbols and you can have elf waifus
>But making the furry races mildly attractive oh no can't do taht D:
>>
File: 1475586183189.jpg (72KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
1475586183189.jpg
72KB, 720x690px
>group gathers for game X
>GM finds someone else to GM for him
>new GM doesn't like game X
>he decides he'll run game Y instead
>he wont reconsider
>nobody has fun
>>
>>49693030
Speaking of anthropomorphic characters are half dragons still safe to play. Was never clear whether or not scalies have the same negative reputation as furries mostly because you dont see them as often.
>>
>>49695465
>subjective
>>
>>49695465
You know your group better than we do.
>>
>playing a not-too-serious 5e campaign with some pals
>our ranger gets drunk, offers some alcohol to our paladin
>she gets drunk
>they fail their con saves and fug
> "OH MY GOD I WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT STOP DM"
>tell him to stop being a baby and realize he's playing a character and not himself.
>the ranger then refuses to play and leaves
>session continues as if nothing happened
wew
>>
>>49691645
>XD
No, we don't do that.
>>
>>49696884
Don't do this. Two drunk people of opposite gender don't automatically fuck. Stripping agency from players when it comes to character actions is always bad, and apparently they were taking it seriously enough to care about their characters.
>>
>>49690958

Probably not, actually. I can't tell without a diagram of the pieces and pawns and their position, but a good defense can usually avoid mate for 25-30 turns against the KNB.

Whereas a pawn takes about 5 turns to queen if you're starting from the initial rank, and usually another 10-12 moves for the KQ mate itself.
>>
>>49696884
>they fail their X saves and Do something the DM pulled out his ass
Dude fuck off.
>>
>>49687465
What was he playing?
>>
>>49681591
chess tournament at the local private school?

either you let them do it and it's your fault, or you call them out on it if it's a sanction tournament and big deal.
>>
>>49687168
So he akimbo play his 2 PSPs?
>>
>>49696884

Shitty DMing here, even if it wasn't too serious. If players don't get to choose actions for their own characters, then why the fuck bother?

Also, Con save? Trash.

It would have been wisdom
>>
>>49699016
Fortitude save to avoid getting drunk.
Wisdom check to avoid doing something stupid while drunk.
>>
>>49699081
Should make them roll will for every decision to simulate irrational emotions.
>>
>>49698360
>>49698840
I don't know, looked like Pokemon from where I was sitting but I know that's nintendo. maybe he had hacked his devices and was trying to get the trading to work on em,
>>
>>49699110
Alcohol is a poison (so fort check) and getting drunk greatly influences behavior. Lack of inhibitions can make a person do something they would never normally do.

Or should casting a Calm Monster spell never work, either?
>>
File: 08.gif (5KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
08.gif
5KB, 782x543px
>literally the only straight person in group
>playing male elf
>romance in-character one of my lesbian friends' male character after he dramatically saved my character for the second time
>"oh shit is he coming out"
>>
>>49699368
Lack of inhibitions will effect everyone differently. Why did you decide that they suddenly fuck the bard? Maybe she'd just get really truthful or really angry. The player who made the character would be in a good position to decide how they would react.

And spells that strip agency are rare and limited for a reason. They are not fun.
>>
>>49699368
Lack of inhibitions means they act on their inner desires, which are not decided by you unless you gave them premade characters of your own making for some reason. It is up to the person who made the character what their personality and inner desires are. Most players CAN roleplay as drunk versions of characters without GM taking full control you know.
>>
File: 1362432352984.gif (2MB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
1362432352984.gif
2MB, 500x200px
>i want to play a halfing vampire
>yeah naw that won't fit at all
>then i wont play!!!11

mfw
>>
>>49699426
It's odd how obsessed some of the people in "The Community" are about the idea everybody around them is secretly in the closet. I had a reverse scenario.

>Friend and I make a pair of elves
>Friend plays a lady elf. I play a dude elf ranger
>Start an in-character romance between our characters because eh why not?
>Friend has to go away for 4 months for his job. We come up with in-game reason for his character not traveling with the group
>I write in-character letters to friend to keep him up to date on what's going on.
>Store lesbian sees me composing one of said letters.
>I end up explaining it to her because I think it's a good way to keep a player in the loop when they can't make it for a while.

>One week later.
>Go to game store.
>A few people are looking at me funny.
>Openly gay guy comes up to me, and quietly tells me that "he's here if I want to talk"
>about WHAT?
>Store lesbian's Girlfriend has been telling people I'm closeted, and people need to be supportive so I can feel safe if I decide to come out.

One of the worst weeks of my life. There is nothing more awkward than having to solidly proclaim you don't suck dick but, like I don't think it's wrong if you are a man and you do like sucking dick. I just don't personally...
>>
>>49699300
>maybe he had hacked his devices
Who hasn't hacked their PSP?
>>
>>49699717
I don't know what it is about me, but half my LGS thinks I'm gay.

I've even brought my girlfriends to the shop. Yet it's around every two weeks that one of the gay guys tries to get my number or set me up with one of their friends.

I don't get it. I'm not even that attractive.
>>
File: 1475829957530.png (809KB, 606x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475829957530.png
809KB, 606x600px
When you're playing magic and everyone else takes 5 years on their god damn turn.

My turn: Play a land; pass.
>>
>>49682896
>WHO PAID MONEY FOR THEIR CARDS
Why would you care? I mean if they're netdecking then that's just lazy but why give a fuck if the dude printed his cards
>>
>>49699843
>I don't get it. I'm not even that attractive.
Maybe they just know people who want a game playin' boyfriend
>>
File: 1446334842748.gif (386KB, 260x300px) Image search: [Google]
1446334842748.gif
386KB, 260x300px
>that one otherwise good player who is wishy-washy on character concepts
>he doesn't care much about building an effective character, just on having one that is compelling and has a good backstory and personality
>present him with a dozen different character concepts that all fit with the setting and provide a few built-in hooks and minor twists
>he's still wishy-washy
>game begins tomorrow and he still hasn't decided

Normally this would just be depressing, but this has happened five or six times with this one player. He's fantastic once settles on a concept and gets into character, but just getting him started and moving is a fucking ordeal. I'm thinking of making his character for him.
>>
>Playing a homebrew game for fun
>GM and the players seen chill, game is just about high adventure and doing Shit in taverns
>make my character, basically a fighter that can't handle his booze or drugs worth a shit (backstory was that he was a cokefiend because why not)
>every other character is some sort of furry
>OK fine I have nothing against that Shit, some of the porn ain't so bad whatever
>characters tease me ingame for not being furry
>no problem, respond in game with banter back
>get ooc messages from the gm telling me to change my character to a furry
>refuse
>GM insta wraps up our current quest (we were on a voyage to a shipwreck, he just said "captains turning the ship around buckle up!")
>dude wtf
>new mission: recover the magic potion
>end up getting the potion, party jumps me and forces it down my throat (failed all my strength checks because "their animalistic characters lent them strength in numbers")
>GM tells me the potion has turned me into an anthropomorphic wolf, my ears have grown, fangs , tail, etc.
>get up and leave

I would've understood if being a furry was part of the premise but it wasn't, don't force your fetish on me and then warp the damn story to force a player to do something completely out of character
>>
File: 3356104_640px.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
3356104_640px.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>Friend of mine has an idea for a setting, wants me to help him make it
>We work together to create a massive space opera setting taking inspiration from 40k, Star Wars, and Exalted among other things.
>I make about 60% of the lore he makes about 40% of it, setting is interesting, varied, and unique and all our friends agree.
>He decides to run a campaign in the new interesting setting, everyone makes character sheets and gets ready for game day
>We play for over a year.
>During which time the DM ignores at least half of the lore in favor of making the setting extremely generic Mass Effect garbage, and gets balance so out of whack that a single PC can slay a spaceship sized demon in the Not-Warp but our starship gets KO'd when flying over Not-Corcusant because Not-Black Lives Matter threw a cocktail at it.
>Ends up nerfing the PCs so much that most of our backstories don't even make sense anymore because there's no way we could have performed the feats we said we did]
>I played a smart character who tried to reference the agreed upon lore, every time I tried the DM had changed something or forgot something without telling me, so the scholarly sorcerer ended up looking like she didn't know shit.
>For example at one point a mad scientist PC wanted to take blood from a demon, and I tried to warn her it was Not-Warpstuff and would fuck our shit.
>She does it anyway, nothing bad happens. When I tell the GM about this after the game, he responds by having the blood just vanish, instead of causing lovecraftian hoodoo like it was supposed to.
>Another time there was a race of machines that most people in the setting hadn't heard of.
>I follow the lore by having my PC not know what they are.
>Several other PCs act like they know all about the secret alien race of Not-Necrons.
>Scholar of secrets has to backtrack like crazy with "Oh THAT secret race of robots" bullshit just to avoid country bumkins from feudal worlds knowing more then her about ancient secrets.

ALL MY HATE
>>
>>49700173
Speaking as a furry, those assholes deserved a punch in the dicks. Good on you for not tolerating that bullshit.
>>
>>49700173
I don't understand. Why did you not slay them for their impudence?
>>
File: 1418146690526.png (739KB, 1251x713px) Image search: [Google]
1418146690526.png
739KB, 1251x713px
>>49681591
>be me
>grade 5
>chess club at lunch, it's the "tournament" day, I'm leaving at the end of lunch to go to hawaii with family
>playing this autismal Iranian kid
>he throws his queen way the fuck into a terrible position to take a knight, opens her up to get smashed by a rook, with no retaliation
>do so
>I DIDNT MEAN TO DO THAT I'M REDOING MY TURN
>tell the teacher this sandnigger is cheating
>she doesnt do anything about it, I still win
>tfw knock this shitter out of the tournament then leave
why do people allow these shitfucks to
cheat without consequence, holy shit
>>
>>49700173

>Things that never happened!
>>
>>49700427
Nah bro, this is the kind of shit that furries do. I believe him.
>>
>>49700427
>I've never played with autismal fetishists

The post.
>>
File: 3960815.jpg (148KB, 602x428px) Image search: [Google]
3960815.jpg
148KB, 602x428px
>>49684634
>>Can't kick him out because I'm getting paid to DM
>getting paid to DM

No sympathy.
>>
>>49700427
Do you enjoy this? No, really. Tell me honestly. Are you having fun shitting up the thread by being such a cunt? Someone takes time out of their day to relate a story and all you can do is shitpost "hurr durr din happen". You have no way to know. You have no reason to doubt it. You have no proof. You haven't even made an argument for why you think it's false. You're just being a contrarian little spergmeister who thinks it's clever and cool to say you don't believe it. I bet that was you posting the same shit earlier too. Maybe you've got some retarded nihilistic philosophy that you think backs you up - that shit's pretty typical for edgy teen contrarians these days. Now that I think about it though, it's more likely you're a mouthbreathing fatbeard wheezing away on a burrito-stained couch in mom's basement, one foot lost to diabetes and the other a fungus-riddled biohazard, lazily posting shit on 4chan because it's the one place where you think you can act like an alpha. Well not any more, bucko. This anon isn't going to put up with your horseshit, and I'm going to ride your ass every time you surface. You thought this board was your playground? Guess again. No more Easy Mode posting for you. I know you're afraid of me btw. Oh, you'll try some casual-looking damage control but I've seen it all before. When you respond to me I'll immediately recognize each sentence, each word, each letter, for exactly what they are: desperate cries for help. Unfortunately for you that's help that's never coming. As far as this board's concerned, your time is over. Get ready to be crushed, because this is how it's going to be from now on: you getting buried under a mountain of hard rekt, unable to reach even 10% of my verbal dexterity, and with no-one coming out to take your side. Everyone here hates you, and I'm their fucking hero.

Welcome to the town of Fucking Told, population: you.
>>
>>49700157
I s2g I have the same problem as him, I cannot for the life of me decide on a character so I end up making like 30 conceptual ones and don't get anywhere.
>>
>>49700567
How cringeworthy
>>
>>49681547
this. I can get it if you really REALLY want one single thing because it makes absolute sense for your lore and character, then we can adapt it in, but sometimes it's like 20 different things that they're just minmaxing with and don't even care about.
>>
File: struggling to comprehend.jpg (43KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
struggling to comprehend.jpg
43KB, 720x480px
>>49700609
Honestly, the minmaxing and theorycrafting is only part of it. I can understand wanting to do that, it's kinda fun, but I also want my players to make CHARACTERS when they play. You can make a powerful or optimized character that's also got a compelling personality and background, but it feels like nobody who plays 3.PF does that at all anymore.

The part that really pisses me off is the player's reaction, how the dumb motherfucker just couldn't comprehend that some material was just plain not allowed in the game or didn't exist in the setting.

>bad player's face when the book his build is centered around is banned
>>
>>49700567
Your last sentence is a longer self /thread.

You fucking suck
>>
We are playing a 5e campaign and was at first a home brew.we are all having fun, grand epic quest at level 4, we all have an artifact. A few levels in our gm mentions he really wants to do tyranny of dragons. So we all nod and agree. He states that our artifacts are far too strong and he will have to remove them, but wI'll give us some compensation for them. That's fine to us, we are in it to have fun. Our one player who has never even used his artifact before agrees to it as well.

Day comes, we willingly surrender our artifacts. Previous player who never used it before has a sudden nervous breakdown and states we never told him, despite spending most of the prior session discussing it.

>He's 17.
>second youngest player is 25.
>25 year old is a first time player, doing very well in role play and combat. Doesn't mind losing his artifact for the sake of having actual challenge.
>17 year old claims to have been playing since 3e, has no knowledge of most spells, rolled to hit for magic missile until I told him it always hits, he just rolls damage. Knows NOTHING about tactics in combat.
>>
>>49691451
no. Just no.
any dm worth any amount of salt tries to keep the session going in a way that despite the PCs doing separate things it'll more or less coincide with advancing the game/story.

If you're not interested enough to follow along what someone else's doing for 5-10 minutes before ir comes back to you, then don't play TTRPGs and go back to your single player rpg games that make it all about you.
>>
>>49691406
>ffs you are a part of creating a scene just like the GM
If your character isn't there for whatever reason, I'd say it's understandable to not pay attention. I actually prefer players to leave the room when their characters aren't there, since it cuts down on players knowing more than their characters.

If this isn't a situation where that's not relevant, I'd say paying attention is slightly more polite than not, but it's a pretty small difference.

Either way, it's more polite (to everyone) to not split the party.
>>
File: images (13).jpg (19KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
19KB, 512x288px
>>49697502
>be dm
>first session, party of 4 varying degrees of evil characters.
>dwarf cleric buys everyone in the meadhall a round of dwarven ale.
>said cleric and orc barbarian get drunk
>they start having drunk anal sex in the corner of the hall
makeitstop
>>
File: tumblr_mu1hfnm3nq1s15uz0o4_1280.png (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu1hfnm3nq1s15uz0o4_1280.png
204KB, 1280x720px
MMO's that have no choice but going under when they lack a efficient daily cash shop supply and the only time you see them again is in a janky 'new season' that does the game no good.

Bots/Fags that ruin the markets and coin/gold averages and item rarity.
>>
>>49700772
>>49700589

Stay mad, kid. Not because I just handed you your ass on a plate, but because you know you can't stand up to me.

/thread
>>
>>49701125
>>be dm
>makeitstop

Doormat DMs are cancer that lets That Guy prosper.
>>
>>49701309

Jesus Christ. A: Cringe as fuck. B: No one else cares.

How young or autistic do you have to be to think that sounds cool?
>>
>>49701729
>trying this hard to seem casual

I like it here, nice and cosy under your skin. :^)

/thread
>>
>>49701323
both were first time players, fuck off.
And trying to find players in kangaroo land is next to impossible
>>
>>49700173
Transformation is my favorite, even though not a furry. I might get cummy in that instance and that's embarrassing
>>
>>49700653
Easy trig, get that babby shit out.

>>49701309
Someone hasn't told you, but clearly someone needs to. You don't get to say /thread and act like you won an argument. If you at least responded to yourself with /thread it could look better, but everyone would assume, correctly, that you were samefagging or that there are just two retards in the thread.
>>
>>49701990
>Someone hasn't told you, but clearly someone needs to. You don't get to say /thread and act like you won an argument. If you at least responded to yourself with /thread it could look better, but everyone would assume, correctly, that you were samefagging or that there are just two retards in the thread.

Sure feels good having you suck my dick like this, samefag.

Are you a masochist or something? You keep on getting served but keep coming back to get hammered hard again. Seriously it's like you're some kind of hardcore sub masochist who keeps getting his cock slammed in the car door over and over again while honking for more like a demented rape-goose. I don't mind shattering your worldview several times, I've got plenty of time, but is it honestly fun for you? I think it must be.

/thread
>>
>>49700567
I was really with you for about the first half, but it is pretty cringey after that.
>>
>>49702302
It's the /tg version of the 300 kill navy seal story.
>>
>>49699717
>It's odd how obsessed some of the people in "The Community" are about the idea everybody around them is secretly in the closet
I had occasion to ask one of my friends about this once, when he was drunk and talkative. He agreed it's dumb bullshit, but really, there's just so few people that they KNOW are out that they sorta hold on hope that other people aren't out and they're not as drastically outnumbered as they are. Or at least that's what he told me.
>>
File: 5TSmWZl.jpg (158KB, 895x1242px) Image search: [Google]
5TSmWZl.jpg
158KB, 895x1242px
>>49702070
Mother of god the autism is off the charts!

/thread
>>
>>49681547
Yeah, I stopped playing 3.5 thanks to cunts line you that didn't allow martials to do stuff
>>
>Playing sci-fi setting
>I play a big, tough, bruiser type
>DM:"You all meet up at a bar."
>Ninja sneaky character immediately starts insulting my character
>Me:"I turn to slug him in the jaw."
>DM stops me. Says I'm taking 4d6 nonlethal from the zap-gun that the bartender quick-drew before my character can get a punch in
>My guy still up, and I get ready to roll my attack
>DM stops me again, now taking another 4d6 from the space police who just walked in and decided to zap me, once again, quicker than he make a punch
>Go down, now in jail

I get not wanting character conflict, but come on.
>>
File: img04.jpg (41KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
img04.jpg
41KB, 400x600px
>>49703044
99% of 3.5 players just want to make the most broken fucking character possible so they can feel better about their tiny dick.

Seriously that game more than any other system I've ever played just becomes a mess of rules bloat and power creep.
>>
File: 1471269862552.gif (491KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
1471269862552.gif
491KB, 500x263px
>>49702329
I honestly believe the guy is just trying to start some bullshit OC. I've done some stupid shit on forums but this is tits up.

>Start playing 3.5 with just a close friend and I
>shit ton of stupid one liners, rping, banter, and hauling each other out of dungeons when shtf
>super high adventure, medium fanasty. Lots of solvable problems
>sister starts playing a half elf after I warned her Wood Elves are basically feral elves and people hate them
>"okay, well, Im a half high elf cleric then, who would rather talk problems out"
>Party starts combat when escaping a corrupted dukes palace who hires hardly moral guards
>she trys to rolls to get them to stop fighting after I diembowel an enemy and my partner pegs a dude threw the throat with an arrow
>"why wouldnt they sit down to talk?????"
>"but I was super specific with what I said. I should get a bonus to my roll of 3"
>"this logic makes no sense. Why would he not agree to let us leave peacefully??"
>>
>>49703081
Sounds like they were okay with character conflict, just not character violence. After all, no one stopped the cyber-ninja from insulting you.
>>
File: Horace_Schemer.jpg (12KB, 180x217px) Image search: [Google]
Horace_Schemer.jpg
12KB, 180x217px
>>49703081
Eh. I sympathize with him. If it were me I would have just say "no, you two quit being slapasses and play the fucking game".

I know some people might see that as the dming overstepping their bounds but I don't like PVP in my games. I've seen people get seriously salty over it too many times.

If you can't be an adult and realize everyone just came to have fun then you can not play.
>>
>>49684863
Change character gender for magic or non magic user and that really grinds my gears
>>
>I allow everything
>what do you mean by everything, GM?
>everything is everything are you dumb?
>after 8 failed tried making a char I realize everything is less than core only
>>
>>49703123
It wasn't my intent to start real combat. Just to act like my character. I guess I may have overreacted.
>>
>>49682644

As someone who actually has a degree in psychology, I'd love to do it but in my experience dealing with immature adults they'd probably throw a tantrum and withdraw their consent last minute, fucking over 8 months worth of carefully gathered data Jesus Christ I'm getting high blood salt just remembering this.
>>
>>49703103
>trying to start some bullshit OC
You don't know what OC stands for, do you? It's excusable that you didn't already know it was a longstanding copypasta. Everyone is new at some point, But being enough of a fucking idiot to use terms that you don't understand? You're just making a fool of yourself.
>>
>>49690955
Furries are a cancer no matter where they go and I've never met a single goddamned one who could shut up about for 5 minutes. I've heard apocryphal tales of furries who aren't the most autistic morons on the planet but I've not met one. And I know what my associates are into. It comes out.
>>
>>49682822
if you no-call no-show to anything you're a twat, end of discussion. It is two thousand motherfucking sixteen, you can set an alarm on your phone and then excuse yourself. Or you can tell people prior "hey sorry not coming got a family thing" when you know about it.
>>
>>49682896
>HOW DARE THESE POORS NOT SELL THEIR CAR TO BUY CARDBOARD
yeah no. legacy is a dead format and bullshit like you and your attitude are why.
>>
File: 1475773242019.png (2MB, 1290x854px) Image search: [Google]
1475773242019.png
2MB, 1290x854px
>Plays miniature wargames
>Me, being a good sports, reminding my opponent, letting him have the win when in doubt over shit matters and so on.
>Gets to that point when its a fraction of a mm to make a crucial charge
>"nah... your definitely out...."

And this is with very close friends mind you. But every fucking time its the same. You give, give and give, and you get nothing back. And when you finally call them out, playing hardballs you get;

>"Lets not take this to serious, its a game after all!"
>Me: ok
>They miss so much shit (that I normally reminds them on) they have to re-do full turns. They get cranky when they cant shoot in MY turn, due to having forgot to fire in their own turn.

I fucking hate players like that. They know just as well as I, they suck at the fucking game when playing by the RAW.
>>
>>49682896

Well I agree. Its a pay to win system, added to experience, why wouldn't you be cranky to play people who just play proxy?
Have the same problem in AoS (before Generals Handbook). When you have a game when points isn't an issue, whats the deal with doing a proxy unit? The game literally just say, play with the models you like, not the models that are best in rules...
>>
>>49682803
Why do I feel like I know who you are anon. California?
>>
>>49700157
>he doesn't care much about building an effective character, just on having one that is compelling and has a good backstory and personality

These are the worst players.

>"Wow look at my crippled ex-farmer with minor cooking skills, he'll totally be a great and interesting character to play during our quest to slay a lich."
>When he inevitably gets shit on
>"W-WELL AT LEAST I-I'M A T-TRUE RO-ROLEPLAYER UNLIKE YOU MUNCHKINS ;_;"
>>
>>49704052
Nah thankfully he's not that bad, he takes advice and he wants to contribute, he just has very different priorities and is super hard to get moving.

Which is all the more infuriating, because once he does get moving, he's fucking golden, probably my best player. It's just that initial push to get him into a character's head that's hard.
>>
>build a niche character with a gimmick
>GM creates encounters just to specifically counter that gimmick
I just want to play my halfling Hun that rides on a hyena, why does he fucking hate it so much?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>49704331
Because its stupid.

Next you'll want to play a grippli on a hippo.
>>
>>49681315
D&Dfags acting like every game has to abide by their asinine logic.

Pretty much anything to do with D&D, actually.
>>
>>49703081
When our thief and soldier insulted the Bretonnian knight, I let him beat them to within an inch of their lives.

As far as I know there were no hard feelings.
>>
Biggest thing that pisses me off is guys who can't schedule anything reliably and guys who just go out of their way to not have a good time. One guy I used to have in my group was both.

>Everyone agrees to show up at a specific time
>Player shows up two hours late
>Me: Hey man, where were you?
>Player: Busy. It's just a game.
>Next session does the same thing
>And the next
>And the next
>Every single time he just snidely says "It's just a game" without a single sorry
>Every time he eventually does show up everyone groans since he's just going to play his character against the party as much as he can
>Tell him the game starts a few hours earlier than when it actually starts
>He agrees to show up then
>He ends up arriving on time and gets pissed off over it

I don't regret kicking him. Not one bit.
>>
>Creating characters
>Tell them REPEATEDLY the simple formula for doing so.
>Along the lines of 'you get[A] skills at [x] and [B] skills at [y]
>That one guy who doesn't listen, even as this simple instruction is repeated many times.
>Constantly asks what the numbers are even though there are only a few and all low.
>Check his sheet, doesn't even get it right.

Autism, the bane of good games everywhere.
>>
>>49682260
Something along this lines came up in a game I played.

One of the players got to design a magical item for his character as a reward, the rest got randomized stuff. Then he began to complain because the item he himself designed was underpowered compared to the ones we got randomly.
>>
>>49705629
To be fair, I could see how that would be annoying.

He likely tried to drop the power level of his custom item to about as powerful as he expected everyone else to get, so as to not overshadow anyone, and then he got overshadowed because of it.

That said, I don't know the specifics so maybe his was more useful to him since he designed it for his character while everyone else got powerful stuff that only kind of applied to them.
>>
>>49705729
Interesting point. Sadly I doubt that was the case considering how he tried to throw the party under the bus for a mere stat increase on earlier sessions.
>>
>>49700173
>play a non furry character with group of furries
>not expecting them to attempt to convert you at some point in game

You dug your own grave
>>
File: Gilliam_as_Patsy.jpg (24KB, 300x352px) Image search: [Google]
Gilliam_as_Patsy.jpg
24KB, 300x352px
>>49705796
Maybe he just thought he was really good at building overpowered items but it turns out he sucked? I dunno. I wasn't there.
>>
>That player who just straight up asks his GM to indulge in his fetish
>That player who gets a cohort to act as his PC's GF
>That player who thinks he's a god tier minmaxer and "underclocks" his characters to compensate, when in reality he has an incredibly poor grasp of optimization if not the rules in general.

>>49705833
This. All you're doing is waving the "I have a TF fetish" AND the "Indulge my fetish, please" flags in their eyes.
>>
>>49700567
This is fucking great.
Copypasta, fresh off the presses.
>>
>>49690955
I've never even met a furry, ever. I don't think that subculture exists here in Australia.
>>
>>49706141
5 seconds in google reveals you all have multiple furry conventions, but the density is rather low as the largest of which is a few hundred under the 1000 attendee mark.
>>
>>49700081
>playing yugioh and someone takes 5 hours going as fast as they can
>wins in one turn
>>
>>49706227
Australia is much more ruthless than America. You won't ever see people walking around in fursuits or shit like that, our culture doesn't allow that kind of shit.
>>
File: 1473265879768.jpg (42KB, 700x930px) Image search: [Google]
1473265879768.jpg
42KB, 700x930px
>>49691645
>>
File: 1472079381109.png (234KB, 432x452px) Image search: [Google]
1472079381109.png
234KB, 432x452px
People who get upset when my PC destroys their's in PVP
>>
>been a poorfag for the last few years, ended up falling out of touch with my locals YGO scene
>move to a new city in may
>soon after, find out where the locals are
>go up
>pretty relaxed environment, except for That Guy
>told to watch out for him
>he seems fine, kinda competitive but w/e, I'm willing to give a guy the benefit of the doubt
>my only deck is outdated, but still mostly decent
>go a couple weeks later
>that guy is there again
>have a casual game with him because why not
>he goes full tryhard, mocks me for beating me with his top meta deck(kozmos)
>immediately insists on playing again
>say no, wait for tourney to start
>halfway through round 1, I hear him get up and start screaming at another player
>apparently That Guy had been kicked from the locals facebook group for being cancer
>sits back down, find out later this happened after he lost game 2 and he demanded to replay the game
>next round
>he loses, then takes his deck and stomps out the door
>chucks his 700+ dollar deck out into the parking lot
>one of the MTG players runs outside to help him pick it up
>hands it back to him
>he chucks it again
>next round starts, I'm playing against one of the better players there, who wrecks shit constantly with petdecks
>That Guy walks up to us and sits down, sulking
>a few minutes later, as he sees us chatting and laughing even as both of us are going back and forth in the game, how 'we can have fun while we're losing'
>explain it's just a casual game, we're just messing around
>he says nothing
>a few minutes later, he hands his deck, now with fucked up sleeves, to the cool guy and demands--doesn't ask, DEMANDS--that he make his deck have a '100% winrate' or get it ready to sell
>this apparently happens every few weeks--he buys a top meta deck, brings it to locals, brags how he's the best player there, then loses a lot, gets whiney and sulky, and sells his deck, buying another top meta deck and mocking anyone who still plays the deck he discarded
cont'd
>>
>>49699717
Nice seinfeld slip in at the end.
>>
>>49705568

I've had a few players like this, it always really pissed me off that someone could put so little effort into something they profess to enjoy.

After a while I figured out what they all had in common. Dyslexia.
>>
File: blacklist.png (136KB, 506x1130px) Image search: [Google]
blacklist.png
136KB, 506x1130px
>>49706751
that pic was from a blue-eyes group he was part of before being laughed out for ragging on everyone who didn't use his exact ratios
anyway
>he gets warned that he's on his last straw after the deck throwing incident
>I find out later that he at some point also threatened the casual female player that plays there
>I watch him constantly get a new deck, brag, then get trashed for a few months, actively avoiding interacting with him when I can help it
>every week, I see him a couple rounds in, sulking in the back
>finally, end up coincidentally in the same group as him on facebook
>bring up his attitude when he again tries to rag on someone for not playing his same ratios
>try to explain that people 'bully' him at locals because of his attitude
>he honest to god tells me that he feels like he's an anime character, and losing will get him treated like absolute trash
>says that despite what I say, the people he plays with at his uni insist that if he doesn't win EVERY GAME, he's a loser
>so he feels the need to win every game if he's playing a top meta deck
>tell him not to play top meta, especially at fucking locals
>he refuses, says NOBODY ever wins with petdecks(I and a couple other players do exactly that regularly)
>try for a good hour and a half before giving up and telling him so
>he blocks me
>and then puts me on his blacklist
yeah, he has a full-on blacklist too. pic related(it's an older version from before I was put on it, but I was put on for 'disagreeing with _______ and falsely accusing him of things' --those things being having a terrible attitude and acting like he's the best player at locals)
>>
>>49690955
Honestly you sound like a massive faggot dude, please check yourself.

I am worried I have a furfag in my game, there are no signs except his avatar, and I can't determine if it's ironic or genuine but if he's for real I need to eject his ass pronto... Should I ask him and find out now or wait to see if he outs himself, in which case the rest of the group may be pissed when I kick him.
>>
>>49706788
Furries creep me out, but if the guy isn't constantly bringing furshit into an adventure or constantly using fur-speak, why the fuck should I, you, or anyone care what they do in private?

You're creating a problem, not fixing it, and you need to grow the fuck up. Some people have different fetishes and hobbies from you, and if they're not trying to shove it down your throat, why the fuck do you feel the need to bring it up?
>>
>>49704331
This, so much shit.

>Try to make a blind monk
>Minmax the shit out of it
>7 feats in the first 3 levesl (yeah, it's possible)
>Basically blind sight at 30 ft but blind beyond that after 7 fucking feats
>GM throws at you people with ranged weapons everytime and they always know you're Not-blind
Fuck this shit

Next time I'll chose to be not blind and spend those feats in Power Attack, Power Attack+, Power Attack++, Power Attack+++, Hyper Power Attack lets see what happens
>>
>>49706788
Tried starting an assassination plot?
>>
>>49706804
The avatar alone bothers me frankly, and if I ask him to change it and he reveals his furfaggotry in the process then I will not be able to abide his presence.
>>
>>49706788

Don't take the chance, just kick him out of there. Better safe than sorry.
>>
File: the king.jpg (530KB, 1212x1737px) Image search: [Google]
the king.jpg
530KB, 1212x1737px
>>49706804
Not everybody is comfortable playing with people with a bestiality fetish.

Scat fetishists don't give themselves a cute nickname like "poopies" and use diarrhea on their avatars only to complain that "it's like we're jews and you're hitler" or "it's ok, it's only HALF shit".

Generally, nobody wants to hear about your fetish, especially when they go into super weird oh shit nigger what are you doing territory, which furry does, sorry it does, normal people jerk off to humans of whatever gender, not willie fucking coyote.
>>
>>49706841
and you know, I agree with all that, but let's play devil's advocate here, and pretend that maybe the guy that anon was talking about just happens to like the artist?

I mean shit, I currently have my skype pic as Erma from the same-titled webcomic. I don't like horror, and I don't want to fuck little girls or little ghost girls, but I still have an erma pic because I like the webcomic.

...and even if they are a furry, if their roleplaying has nothing to do with furshit, they don't talk about furshit, and literally the only indicator that they like furshit is their profile pic, who's really the one causing issues in the group over furfaggotry?

When was the last time you heard of a guy who just so happened to enjoy being a gimp was kicked out of a group because it was revealed upon prying and investigation that he was into being a gimp, exclusively based on the fact he had something involving leather as his profile picture?
>>
>>49706841
Well, have you been hearing from his fetish then?
>>
File: UberRAGE.jpg (110KB, 502x494px) Image search: [Google]
UberRAGE.jpg
110KB, 502x494px
>>49699681
Similarly
>GM: This is going to be a neutral/good group who are going on adventures to become big heroes of the kingdom of humans. The orcs are evil creatures controlled by an evil vampire tyrant who the other races are all warring against.
>Player: I want to play an orc blackguard who has a 'survival of the fittest' mindset.
>GM: ...

or alternatively
>GM: The group will be adventuring solely to further the agenda of the kingdom.
>Player: Yeah, I'll make a character.
>game starts
>Player: Why should my character help them? He doesn't care about them!
>>
File: 1565498151.jpg (82KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
1565498151.jpg
82KB, 900x507px
>>49703092
Did you know that posting a spoony image makes you look like a dickhead of the highest order?
>>
File: 1436738064295.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1436738064295.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>49706727
>PvP
>>
>>49706863
Pimping is not the same as fucking half-dogs, don't conflate the two, I can see caveman Ug fantasizing about multiple girls serving him, if caveman Ug thinks the dog next cave could use a little shank, caveman Og hits him over the head with the flintstones bat and fucks multiple girls because of his pimping fetish.
>...and even if they are a furry, if their roleplaying has nothing to do with furshit, they don't talk about furshit, and literally the only indicator that they like furshit is their profile pic, who's really the one causing issues in the group over furfaggotry?
Still, no dice.
If you knew you had a pedo in your group, and a genuine one, not the "i-like-cartoon-midgets" type, would you feel comfortable introducing little girl characters? Where, for some players, the motivation is father instincts, for this guy it will be "sexual object".
When I say "here's the werewolf, drool is coming off his silvery fangs, his fur glistens through the snow, he's 10 foot tall and could easily overpower you if you're not careful" - I want the players to feel danger, fear, understand that a more tactical approach is needed to take this down.
What I DON'T want is to have somebody touching themselves under the table.
>>
>>49707313
you're now conflating furfaggots with people into bestiality.

not all furfaggots are into actual animals, you know.
>>
>>49707326
Dog-people are still half dog, anon.
If you were talking about monstergirls I could give you some leeway, but here we're talking about walking animal humanoids: their face is that of an animal, their skin texture is 100% animal, they're bipedal, but their bodytype is still, essentially, animal.

For someone that's "not a furry", you sure are very invested in defending them.
>>
>>49707380
and for someone trying to act morally righteous, you're awfully judgmental.
>if you were talking about monstergirls
ah, so you're of the opinion that 'it's okay when it's relevant to MY interests!'
we're done here.
>>
>>49707387
You'll keep replying to me, because you have to defend the honor of the fetish you totally-don't-have.

Monstergirls have prominently human features among which animegirl face, "furries" have a muzzle, a fucking muzzle, they've got a dog face if wolves and a bird face if birdmen.
I don't have a monstergirl fetish btw.
>>
>>49707387
>and for someone trying to act morally righteous, you're awfully judgmental.
Morality does not preclude judgement.
>>
>>49681547
I run like this. There's only been one time I've played in a game like this, and the DM allowed me a feat from Sandstorm that powered up Earth spells and desiccation spells. Since there aren't a ton of useful Earth spells, I asked if I could cobble my spell list together from any book with Earth spells (since that was all I was using). I asked, and he agreed. As a DM I'm okay with this, too. Shitty ass players just ignoring guidelines are the worst.
>>
>>49707380
>If you were talking about monstergirls I could give you some leeway

>fetishes are bad guys, unless it's my fetishes, then you need to just deal with it.

Fuck you for making me defend furfags.
>>
>>49707582
You're basing it off the assumption that all fetishes are the same simply for being fetishes.

I already emphasized that monstergirls aren't my fetish, but if you think wanking it to a mermaid is the same as blowing your load to fish creatures from lovecraft, just because both involve lewd touching of the rape joystick, then you're retarded or hypocritical.
>>
>>49684486
> defending shit bags
Oh I get it. Because you do everything he was talking about.
Kill yourself.
>>
File: cookies12.jpg (386KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
cookies12.jpg
386KB, 1600x900px
I posted this in the last thread like this but I'll share it again.
>Group only plays 3.p
>GM refuses to try 5e
>Offer to run a one shot so they can try it out
>Don't normally GM, so I put a lot of work into it.
>It's just a Wizard's tower style dungeon, but every location is very detailed
>Try to memorize as much of the books as I can so I can answer any questions quickly for them
>Almost lose my nerve, but run the session
>Everything went way better than expected
>Everyone has a good time, enjoys the system
>Usual GM decides his next campaign will be in 5e
>He doesn't invite me
>No one tells me about it

I'm not even mad, just disappointed.
>>
>>49703604
You have my sympathies
>>
>dm'ing a group of friends on a dieselpunk homebrew setting for the first time ever.
>played a bunch of sessions with gf
>they narrowly survive this 5 hour fight in a research facility.
>characters find the alien mech suit
>planned on it malfunctioning and creating a nuclear meltdown after failing (DC 20 what could go wrong)
>they crit with a total dc check of over 30 twice on the computers to unlock it and the actual usage.
>now have this super machine that can one shot tanks n shit.

I think I'm a bad dm.
>>
>>49707887
ehh have it run out of juice after a while. Treat it like those cool abilities characters have in cut scenes but never actually can use during the game itself.
>>
>>49707887
>Using d20 anything
>dieselpunk

Lastly

CRITS ARE ONLY POSSIBLE ON ATTACK ROLLS AND SAVES YOU FUCKING RETARD

Yes, you are a TERRIBLE GM
>>
File: 18ydn96hozfe9jpg.jpg (45KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
18ydn96hozfe9jpg.jpg
45KB, 400x299px
>>49693030
You speak with "le" and faggy little faces
Speaking about fantasy races
Please leave young lad,
Didn't you know? 9gag was a fad?
>>
>>49705954
>tfw love humanXfurry but hate transformation
>>
>>49707887
Have it break down soon, and have them repair it at such a slow pace that they'l get it back once their environment matches it's powerlevel. Just let them have fun for about a session or two.
>>
>>49707759
That sucks, anon. What a douchebag.
>>
>>49681315
>Things that piss you off in gaming.

People who play miniature wargames or pen and paper role-playing games "competitively" and minmax and shit.

There are soooo many videogames or boardgames made for playing to win, where everyone is on equal footing or where talking about builds, metagame etc is actually relevant. And still some people prefer torpedoing the fun of the normal people who play role-playing games to role-play and miniature wargames because they like painting little dudes and fighting with them.

Play some Arcadia quest, battle lore, starcraft, tekken, whatever the fuck you want where winning actually means something if you want to be "competitive" but please understand that when you do it in Hobby games or immersion games you are essentially telling everyone that you'd rather take advantage of people looking to have fun than square off against someone who's looking for a fight.

Anyone can make a brutal build or netlist, it's not hard, there's no part of it that's trickier than adding 10+10, but still these fuckers will gloat like they've accomplished something when they win a game that was over before it started.
They mistake their inability to display any smidgeon of humanity while writing lists/building character for some kind of skill.

>How about we play some chess or Chaos In the Old World or something?

>No thanks, I prefer games where I can abuse the social contract to beat up on people who are looking to have fun.

Why not just go all out and do other irrelevant shit competitively? RUN across the crosswalk when there's a green light and scream SUCK IT NERDS at the people who walk? Go into a playground and show the little kids how to SANDBOX competitively. CRUSH someone's grip when you introduce yourself and just shout OWNED and cartwheel out of there.
Because apparently nothing is sweeter than beating people who aren't competing.
>>
>>49709341
>People who play miniature wargames or pen and paper role-playing games "competitively" and minmax and shit.

OK, roleplaying games, of course, but isn't the POINT of wargames to be competitive?
>>
>>49709358
Sort of. If you move outside the beer and pretzals stuff you find that while All wargames involve a simulated conflict, players aren't always competing.
>>
>Playing a published adventure
>One player is obviously reading ahead and trying his damndest to game the GM
>"I cast sleep on the ravens. I run up and grab one of the sleeping ravens and shove its beak into my arm trying to hit a vein"
>Are you trying to shoot up raven, anon?
Guess what? The ravens were wereravens in the published adventure but we had no way of knowing that. The DM did the smart thing though and said 'Nope, they are just regular ravens. Enjoy your bird flu, lower your con score by 1d6 for the next three sessions'.

Still, don't read ahead as the PC, man. Shitty, shitty thing to do.
>>
>>49704052
Warhammer would be the ideal rpg for imaginary-kun
>>
>>49707687
that's literally what you're doing though.

>fapping it to humans with snouts and fur means you want to fuck dogs
>>
>>49681315
>Player is almost never around because "lol, life mane"
>When he is around he barely plays
>Gets surprised and mad we drop him out of the group after being gone almost half a year.
>>
>>49707076
>Why should my character help them? He doesn't care about them!
We had this with a thief not so long ago, I thought he was fucking around because hey, i wasn't exactly better when it came to making silly jokes in a kinda serious game. And our entire GM's dungeon which he had tailored to include for everyone had to be thrown out because the traps would just kill us or we wouldn't be able to deal with them. Had to wait another five months for our next session.

Who knew he was legit autistic. Because the motherfucker got his own private sessions.
>>
File: Battlelore 2nd ed.jpg (205KB, 528x311px) Image search: [Google]
Battlelore 2nd ed.jpg
205KB, 528x311px
>>49709358
>isn't the POINT of wargames to be competitive?

>Huge hobby aspect
>Almost always shit balance
>Imperfect rules arbitration since games can be decided by someone accidentally moving things half an inch too far or too short.

WHY would you ever choose miniature wargames if you were looking for something competitive?

Anyone who wants to pick up say, warhammer 40k and play to win, should just get pic related for 100 dollars and be set for life, with a game that doesn't involve painting unless you want to, and is a lot more tactical than moving space marines forward and rolling a bucket of d6.

Or even better, just play starcraft or something and have an actual fight against opponents of equal skill instead of traveling for 30 minutes and spending 2 hours ruining some kid's evening.
>>
>>49709358
The point of wargames is to give nerds an excuse for painting toy soldiers and companies a way of convincing someone to buy 20 of the same model.

If you're not into the hobby side of miniature wargames, you're absolutely choosing the wrong type of game to play, which is a mystery to me why anyone would want.

It's like playing an instrument to get girls. I'm sure someone can pull it off by playing the flute, but don't you agree he's kind of retarded for not just going with a guitar instead?
>>
File: 1473821830775.png (165KB, 448x388px) Image search: [Google]
1473821830775.png
165KB, 448x388px
>>49700173
As a furry myself, if what you say was true, then those people were complete asshats. Being furry is what it is, but for God's sake, don't molest people about it.

People have as much right to hate curries or ignore them unmolested as furries have to be what they are.
>>
File: Ultima-7-Serpent-Isle-Review.jpg (53KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Ultima-7-Serpent-Isle-Review.jpg
53KB, 720x405px
>>49707118
That was the point.
>>
>>49710057
Fuck off and die furfag
>>
File: Peasents.png (87KB, 308x288px) Image search: [Google]
Peasents.png
87KB, 308x288px
>>49710057
>As a furry myself
>>
File: Momiji.png (339KB, 1150x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Momiji.png
339KB, 1150x1000px
>>49710057
>>
>>49710057
One reasonable response to a story...

>>49710155
>>49710165
>>49710182
immediately followed by three shitposts.

Wow, furries really are the true cancer aren't they.
>>
>>49710355
Your kind are never, ever going to accepted around here. You don't want shitposting? Don't make yourself known as a furfag.

Oh wait, that's fucking impossible with you freaks. You cannot ever miss an opportunity to show off your fetish.

Do us all a favor then, and kys
>>
File: received_333535716995862.jpg (23KB, 564x520px) Image search: [Google]
received_333535716995862.jpg
23KB, 564x520px
>>49700818
By playing he must mean "posting on /tg/"
>>
>>49710531
>You cannot ever miss an opportunity to show off your fetish.

Just a reminder that they monster girl fetishist denial guy was the first one tip bring up furries. They wouldn't even be a topic of conversation in this thread I'd be didn't dove it in everyone's faves how much he Hayes them.

And once again fuck you guys for making me defend furries.
>>
>>49709561
The thing is that for a lot of people the game is just a vehicle for indulging in model building and myguyism.

The guy who uses the game as an excuse to hang out with other people who paint and collect little guys make way more sense than the people who show up with grey plastic because they're "gamers, not hobbyists" or whatever.

>I want to play a competitive boardgame, I know, I'll choose the one played by people who aren't mainly concerned with competition and that costs hundreds of dollars and involves building, painting and collecting!

>>49710355
>>49710057
If a vegan furry does crossfit, how do they know what to tell people first?
>>
>>49710653
>If a vegan furry does crossfit, how do they know what to tell people first?

They start off with atheism. Kind of pointless, the fact that they exist already proves there's no god.
>>
>>49691645
>implying I don't jack off to restraining and fucking savage werewolves against their will

I've never brought my magical realm to the table, at least. I like my roleplay fun and challenging, not fantasy material. Even when I do get to play a beast race.
>>
File: 1463924388911.png (195KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463924388911.png
195KB, 480x480px
>>49681547
>>GM: "Okay gang I'm gonna run D&D 3.5
Stopped reading there
>>
File: 1473797888743.png (349KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1473797888743.png
349KB, 600x449px
>>49703604
This hurts me on a spiritual level, I know your pain
>>
>>49708197
So you're saying the story about the dwarf who nat 20'd intimidation a boulder was bullshit?
>>
>>49710685
Good job.
>>
>>49710835
This may be bait but it frustrated me enough to reply, good job.
>>
File: 1473569629962.jpg (31KB, 312x377px) Image search: [Google]
1473569629962.jpg
31KB, 312x377px
>>49706609
How's it feel to live in dark ages friendo?
>>
File: 1464642292476.png (186KB, 673x788px) Image search: [Google]
1464642292476.png
186KB, 673x788px
>>49710939

A lot better than living in a progressive society free from hate, I tell you what.
>>
>>49684747
>people money
>entitled

Duh
>>
>>49690955
>The vehement "No Furries allowed" people
After reading all those posts I'm beginning to understand what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1472759112462.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1472759112462.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
>>49707759
Fuck your group, that's just shit
>>
>>49703604
Ah, the classic double standard
>plays a stereotypical "rubber ruler"
>watches opponent like a hawk so they aren't off by a millimeter
They know it's unsportsmanlike, that's why they watch you so they can be the more honest one/claim "he did it first I just didn't want to lose!" when questioned.
>>
>>49684190
What's with autists and eberron?
>>
>>49711397
In my experience its the love of warforged.
>>
>>49711429
Because they can relate to sentient robots?
>>
>>49711429
I can tell you from hanging around on the GiantITP forums for a few years that it is definitely about Warforged. Some people like it for other reasons too, but it's mostly about getting to play a robot in D&D.
>>
>>49706785
what a prick
more ?
>>
>>49706785
Wait, what is this blacklist even for? He just won't personally sell or lend decks or cards to people on it?
>>
>>49713494
basically

because he thinks people care.

>>49711812
>walk in to the store the day that Blue-eyes get launched
>he's shanghaied one of the MTG players into a 'casual game' even though the MTG player doesn't have a deck
>he's using it as an excuse to test hands and brag about how OP blue-eyes are
>hear him bragging about how he's basically Seto Kaiba
>the MTG player obviously doesn't care at ALL
>2 hours later, round 3 is starting and he's stomping out of the store after going X-2
>>
File: 1443690319144.jpg (134KB, 764x764px) Image search: [Google]
1443690319144.jpg
134KB, 764x764px
>Player is always on phone, laptop, etc.
>when it's said players turn they just give the most banal responses
>seems focused on everything else but the game
>have to deal with it because said player is apparently the cornerstone of my friends group and if anything goes sour I fear I'll lose the only group I got.
Feels fucking horrible.
>>
>>49710653
I mostly do historicals, and I tend to be on the simulationist end of things where it becomes more about learning something or answering a specific question. But yeah, I get you.
>>
>>49706788
>I suspect one of my players is in the closet
>But he's technically done nothing wrong
>I need to kick him out pronto
>But this may piss off my other players

You sound like.... a massive faggot.
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.