/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to trick the devil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: Faust_and_Mephistopheles.jpg (495KB, 1152x1734px) Image search: [Google]
Faust_and_Mephistopheles.jpg
495KB, 1152x1734px
Okay /tg/, imagine the next situation.
In order to achieve your goal you have to sign a deal with the devil (Or with the equivalent of devil that can sign deals) in the setting of your choice (It doesn't necessarily needs to be high fantasy). To legitimize your deal you have to negotiate a specific conditions that need to be satisfied either before or after you will gain the object of your deal.
Now here is the interesting part. What conditions, loopholes, course of action will you choose that will meet the requirements of deal without you or your party sacrificing anything significant and doing anything amoral/wicked as a result?
Bonus points if you can come up with a plan that will not rely too much on usage of specific elements unique to one system or setting (Spells, artifacts, entities, etc).
TL;DR Drop your ideas on how to trick the devil in a deal.
>>
Isn't that the trick tough? that the demon is old and knows 100+ ways to fuck the deal up?

assuming the devil wants you soul and isn't a complete retard who would fall to the most basic snafus and accept rigged deals.

Well without getting too specific.

The deal if fulfilled when i achieve x by means i think acceptable then you do you if you mess with me or anything about this is influenced in a way i find not acceptable you dun goofed.

Or you know old school trapping the devil (demon) with solomon's (many) tricks.

prepare to be assblasted if you fuck something up tough.

If you give me some more guidelines and how these things work i could try to adjust some shit

if we're going spells artifacts you can literaly have a spell that just says "no devil you mah bitch now"
>>
>>49679041
Get a Jewish (or setting equivalent) lawyer
>>
Out trick him.
>What he expects
A jewish lawyer and you to trick him
>What he doesn't expect
For you to be a total and utter moron.
>>
>>49679041
why would the devil sign a deal that isn't good for him?
I mean you might be missed the main point but the deals with the devil comes from desperation where you are so desperate that you sign whatever the fuck he is proposing.
If you can't be forced into HIS deal then he won't come to you, no reason for him.
>>
>>49679041
Get a future condition and ensure you never fulfill said condition.

>Devil wants your firstborn son
>Never sire a son, adopt one

Alternatively try something you can get out of in a way that requires thinking outside the box. The Devil is a literal guy.
>Promise Devil he can come for your soul when you are laid in the earth.
>Before death get friends to bury you at sea.
>>
>>49679472
That's all good and well until the devil transforms into a hot lady and pokes a hole in the goatskin condom she uses after seducing you.
>>
Devil gives party a pizza of middling quality, typical for whatever region we live in.

Party gives devil currency in the amount typical for such a purchase of mediocre pizza.
>>
>>49679472
>>49679498
Adopted children are born. They just aren't born to you. However, it remains "your" son, so the condition probably still applies.

1) Born first, chronologically
2) Belongs to you
>>
>>49679472
>The Devil is a literal guy.
That's literally the opposite of how deals with the Devil/Genie wishes traditionally work.
>>
>>49679472
And your adopted son, any and all of them, is the first child born to his birth parents. He's your son, he's a firstborn, condition fulfilled.
>>
I feel like there's no real way to win here. Even if you outsmart the Devil, great! you are now on the shitlist of the prince of hell.
>>
>>49679498
Immediately get a vasectomy. If necessary just lop 'em off.
>>
>>49679472
>>Promise Devil he can come for your soul when you are laid in the earth.

Hope you like staying out of basements for the rest of your life.
>>
>>49679499
>And NO TIP
>>
>>49679521
No, that's exactly how it works. The Devil promises you something, you think you're getting what you want, the Devil gives you something awful and reminds you of the exact terms you agreed to.
>>
>>49679576
Vasectomies can heal/get undone/whatever the term is naturally.
>>
>>49679607
by a healing potion for example
>>
>>49679598
No, the devil twists your words so you get whatever he wants to give you. If it suits him to be obtuse and interpret it literally, he'll do that. If it suits him to interpret things more broadly, he'll do that. The deal he makes is entirely self serving. That's the whole point. You're never negotiating on equal terms or in good faith.
>>
>>49679607
If properly done, that's highly unlikely and bordering on impossible. You don't just naturally regrow 10mm of canal that got flipped over and burned for good measure.
>>
>>49679041
The Devil says he'll grant me a single wish, and will continue to grant me these single-use wishes, if I agree to suck his dick, or any other sexual act of his own choosing, at an exchange rate of one wish per sexual activity.

I therefore wish to be the best dick sucker in all of existence. This shall continue until I am the best at all methods of fuck.

Thus begins a magical friendship.
>>
>>49679041
I redeem the Devil by making him live one week of my life.
>>
File: Faust_by_Aleksandr_Shishkin.jpg (481KB, 1118x1412px) Image search: [Google]
Faust_by_Aleksandr_Shishkin.jpg
481KB, 1118x1412px
>>49679308
>if we're going spells artifacts you can literaly have a spell that just says "no devil you mah bitch now"
This is basically the reason why I mentioned a plan without crunch trickery is preferred. Applying overpowered mambo-jumbo or loophole that you can find in a poor-written splat-book is a boring way to do things.
>If you give me some more guidelines and how these things work i could try to adjust some shit
If you will try imagine the power and possibilities of demon, then someone like Mephistopheles form Faust can be an example.
Tricking the devil is quite a popular theme in folklore. I think that deal should sound like something you could hear in a folk tale i.e.:
>I want X. The devil offers X for Y (Something very valuable for me). I use property/nature of X or Y so I don't lose Y.
>>
>>49679521
He's absolutely right, though. For example: In the polish version of Faust (Pan Twardowski), a nobleman makes a deal with the devil, specifying that he'll give up his soul during a visit to Rome. Of course, the nobleman never travels to Rome, the city. However, the devil catches him visiting a pub called Rome, and nabs his soul.
>>
>>49679637
healing magic, devil magic
>>
>>49679554
This may be a problem

>>49679041
I think one thing you'll want to look out for is letting the devil define anything - if, say you were to ask for plain old 'riches', then the devil might pay you in salt or those giant stones that the people of an island ascribe a value to but are too big to move (and if he wants to be quick they might be dropped on you)
Specify what you want and how you want it.

Getting the devil to agree to strict terms might be tricky, so see if you can tempt the tempter (but be sure not to promise) - say things like "think of all the sins that me having ten thousand platinum pieces will inspire in people - the greed, envy, lust and wrath. Think of all the ill that those coins might produce"

Ensure that there's some requirement for you to be completely in your right mind and under no influences when the collection comes or important conditions are met
>>
>>49679665
And? I just said the devil interprets the deal however it best suits him. Showing an instance where the devil twists the intent of the deal by adhering to it's letter doesn't mean the devil isn't just as likely to creatively interpret it if that serves him better. The nature of a devil's bargain is that you aren't on equal terms and the devil will routinely cheat or otherwise interfere in order to achieve his own ends.
>>
>>49679622
But the point is that he'll always use exact words to do so. Look at >>49679665, for example - the word used was "Rome." He got his soul claimed when he went to the Rome pub. The Devil didn't argue that he visited the "New Rome," or went to a place that used to be part of the Roman Empore and is therefore Rome; if the guy never went to any place called Rome he'd have been safe.
>>
>>49679041
When making a deal, the devil has to act in good confidence and make it seem, for all intents and purposes, like he is doing you a favor. As a result he takes a very "yes, and" approach to contracts. Therein lies the way to defeat him. He will deny you nothing, but add draconian conditions as you work out the price of your soul.
>>
File: gaunter.jpg (134KB, 856x1045px) Image search: [Google]
gaunter.jpg
134KB, 856x1045px
>>49679665
Nice. Sounds familiar.
>>
>>49679041
>making pacts with daemons
Foulest of heresy! Better to die for the Emperor than to live for yourself!

Purge the unclean with bolter and flame!
>>
File: DEVILISH.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
DEVILISH.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>>49679646
>you wake up a week later
>your life is significantly improved
>not by magic, the devil just makes much better decisions than you do
>you realize that your shitty place in life was your own fault
>once you're back in control, things slowly start deteriorating again
>no longer able to blame external influences
>you become desperate, searching for some hidden combination of actions or attitudes that get you back to the well-functioning state
>the resulting radical changes ends up fucking up your life even more

D E V I L I S H
>>
>>49679841
O'Dimm is a prime example of someone who interprets a deal more liberally. The final condition is that they stand on the moon. He satisfies this by getting Olgierd to stand on a picture of the moon. The fact that the wish specifically calls for THE moon means it's clear which moon we're talking about. It's still enough to complete the bargain because the rules of the deal are only ever more like guidelines.
>>
>>49679841
How about the protagonist from the 1936 film version? Looking familiar as well?
>>
>>49679509
Adopt not-a-firstborn.

Also, adopt daughters.

Hell there's a 50-50 you can just sire a daughter.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.