[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting beaten up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Has anyone willingly let their character get beat up because of roleplaying? I dont mean getting bullied but I mean getting your character beaten because in their mindset, fighting back means risking the law and get your party arrested or fighting back will rile the town more because of your presence hence letting the angry locals beat you up and dump you somewhere is a far better option than fighting/killing them.
If you are a gm and your player pulled this stunt, what will you do afterwards or how do you approach the situation that happened?
>>
File: Feelsbad.jpg (27KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
Feelsbad.jpg
27KB, 550x535px
>>49678365
I killed an orc kid's dad on accident and then just knelt there and let him beat me up as much as he could while he cried a lot. feelsbad
>>
>>49678365

Yeah. In an all-Evil game, we were destroying a village. I was confronted by a farmboy with a pitchfork, trying to protect his sister. I looked at him, went - "You got balls, kid. I'll give you one shot."

He stabbed me in the throat with his pitchfork, a karmic end to my life of pointless violence...

Oh wait. I had my once-a-day Stoneskin on when we attacked the village. I smiled at the trembling boy and cut him in half, then stabbed his sister.

The thing about being Evil is that the meaner, more petty evil can be a blast. Boy was the GM pissed about his big character moment being ruined by game mechanics.
>>
>>49679078
>He stabbed me in the throat with his pitchfork, a karmic end to my life of pointless violence...
Hah, did he roll a crit?
>>
>>49678365
At one point, my character needed to get this one guy out of a bar ( long story) so I grabbed onto him, spilled beer over both of us, used some minor magic to cling to him real hard, and then started insulting and spitting on people and acting absurdly drunk.

Well, it worked. Bouncers through me out, and the target too, after they couldn't pry me off. Them trying involved beating my char with a bar stool though.
>>
File: Ultimate_Toughness.png (39KB, 293x251px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_Toughness.png
39KB, 293x251px
>>49678365
Once I had my character wade into a group of african warriors of a warlord.

He then raised his arms and told them to give it their best shot: he wouldn't attack anyone who didn't aim higher than his chin. They all pissed themselves in terror when the RPG-rocked blasted him straight in the chest, shredding his clothes but him remaining very fucking unimpressed and unharmed.
They tried shooting him with their machine guns too, but nothing worked.

Having ultimate toughness and high toughness is pretty fucking great in Mutants and Masterminds.
>>
>>49678365
I let this Vampire get a few good licks in once, as a courtesy. His friends walked off thinking he had it well in hand, (bit of mind influencing there), him managing to beat the proverbial shit out of me.

Then spitting out my teeth, I mentally paralyzed him, staked him, and left him for the sun.

GM is usually less pissy if I let his NPCs kick my characters around a bit before I turn the tables. Plus I get plenty of Beats for drama, submitting in combat, and resolving conditions.
>>
>>49679078
>"so you're standing still, letting him have a go at you?"
>"... alright then"
>Coup de grace
>That automatic maxed critical hit damage
>10 damage from pitchfork, x3 = 30, -10 from Stoneskin DR, 20 damage goes through
>Enjoy your DC 30 Fortitude save against instant death

Not like DC 30 is hard, but I like to nitpick. But hey, it was a nice moment anon, I love me some Evil campaigns.

>>49678365
Not me, but rather a friend. He plays a proud crusader for a major religion of the setting, and had to allow himself to get bitch slapped by an arrogant cunt in front of a lot of major figures in his church, because said cunt held a higher rank than him, and he's lawful and all.
(To develop a little, said guy betrayed the crusader on a earlier date, almost getting him killed, but he managed to cover his tracks very well, and get himself promoted while crusader went through hell.
Upon his return, crusader tried to denounce him, but he had no solid evidence, so the guy went into 'How dare you call me, Sir Noblehero Notevil, a betrayer?!' mode and bitch slapped him into nothingness.
And the whole world just fucking watched.)
>>
>>49680692
Even assuming the GM would let it count as a coup de grace
>automatic maxed
That ain't a thing.

> A critical hit means that you roll your damage more than once, with all your usual bonuses, and add the rolls together. Unless otherwise specified, the threat range for a critical hit on an attack roll is 20, and the multiplier is ×2.
>>
Sure, several times, most common reasons being "talk shit, get hit" and starting fights with guys a lot stronger than my characters.
>>
>>49678365
I'm planning on it.

Slated to fight a duel with PC 's grandmother. Yes, she's a stone cold hardass. PC will fight like she swore to, but works rather get rekt than actually kinslay.
>>
>>49680755
>Coup de Grace
>You automatically hit and score a critical hit. If the defender survives the damage, he must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + damage dealt) or die.
It indeed isn't auto maxed, but he does roll a 1d10 for the pitchfork damage, which has a critical hit modifier of x3 (I love hor farming tools have greater modifiers than ACTUAL WEAPONS. Think of the Scythe and it's gross x4 modifier).
The auto-maxed thing I went and said is because I also mixed up my group ruling about that. "automatically hitting and scoring a critical hit" is interpretated as "rolling a nat 20 and confirming with a nat 20", which is the only way you'd be able to hit a critical on a sleeping dragon with an AC of 67 as a level 1 commoner; which coups de grace allow you to do.

And also that we rule that a crit confirmed with a nat 20 deals 2x as much damage.
>>
>>49678365
My character was arrested, quite violently, based on a misunderstanding while being lied to.

The GM had my character beat up and tortured, and the people at the station didn't even heal me afterwards. A party member had to find someone to try and help me out.

I even asked the GM to lighten things because I wasn't enjoying myself anymore, and the polices response was very harsh and uncalled for. My character is physiologically damaged from the experience. Starting to feel like I'm not wanted in this game.
>>
>>49680449
Aiming neck is at -5 iirc (although he may attack for random location), and if you hit artery...
>>
>>49681749
>confirming crits
What is this, 1980?
>>
>>49678365
Yeah.
My DM pulled something similar to The Green Knight with a vampire lord. He offered himself and claimed that the party, and the town we were in, would have but one free strike, but if he survived, he would retaliate three times as hard.

Knowing the story, I decided to play along with the DM and my young half-elf paladin stepped up to accept the Vampire's challenege, and promptly severed his head from his neck.
The vampire of course lived, and said that he would return in a week to sever the heads of three people, all random.

My paladin than challenged him, saying that if he were to find and accept these three strikes within the week, that the town would be spared.

Long story short, the vampire cut an eye, a hand, and left a scar on his neck, claiming that my Paladin's selfless actions were far beyond that which he had ever seen, and left the country the next day.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.